US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

dennish81
2/22/17

Site says if you join you get $15 credit but site wouldn't apply that credit to a purchase I wanted to make.

I called -- and was told to email them. Days later they don't know what I'm talking about but tell me to look, again, for the credits. I send 3 screenshots showing where I was told to look. No credit.

I tell them. Days later they write back and say there is no credit!

What a hot mess.

My first experience with them and it is horrible -- horrible, confused, useless customer 'service'.

I doubt they will be around should I ever need to deal with a repair, warranty, etc.

STAY AWAY!

alexanderv17
2/21/17

I purchased a suitcase that was supposed to be shipped "within 3 business days". A week later, the item's status still showed as "supplier processing". I called their support line where the recording told me that they were experiencing "normal than higher call volumes" (sic). I had sent an e-mail and indeed received a response within their target response time (24-36 hours). Turns out the item was already shipped and waiting for pickup at my local Purolator depot. There was something wrong with shop.ca's online status update system. Otherwise, my experience was good, the item's price was very reasonable, and shipping was fast and free.

Tip for consumers: Use e-mail support if you have any questions re your item and have just a little bit of patience.

yannl7
2/20/17

Best to stay away, canceled order without reason and their package tracking doesn't work if you don't register. First and last time shopping on that site.

jenyar1
2/10/17

I had purchased a pair of jeans. The package arrived, no problem, but the jeans had no tags attached at all and looked like used ones. I had contacted the company the same day, and of course they said that if there is no tags on the item you won't be able to return or exchange it! This is the worst experience ever! Don't buy from them, by the way the jeans arrived from the store called Jean Machine

nicolel79
2/3/17

Horrible company! Everything is over priced and when you leave negative feedback on their Facebook page they delete it immediately. How can you trust a company that does not address issues but hides from them?

jamesw400
2/2/17

I will never ever purchase anything from shop.ca. again. I purchased 4 ESSO gift cards($234 Gas card bundle) from shop.ca before Christmas, but all the price privileges cards which i received from shop.ca are invalid and useless. I tried thousands of times to contact Shop.ca by all means,but I still haven't get connected with shop.ca yet. Shop.ca doesn't provide the customer Service at all. When you call the customer service # 18554746722, it tells you to contact it by email. When you contact shop.ca by email. Shop.ca never reply your email back.

chadd23
2/1/17

I ordered a waffle iron, it came in good time - however I only purchased it to get extra Aeroplan points before the end of the year. I have sent them 10 emails, and called even more to find out why I have not received these points. NOTHING !!! No response.
DO NOT USE THEM GO ELSEWHERE.

alanas11
1/27/17

Do not purchase anything from SHOP.CA. If you do receive your items, you in no way can return anything. They don't reply to email or answer their phone...EVER. I can't believe they are still in operation. Its all overpriced merchandise anyways. They don't even deserve one star on anything, but minus stars are not an option. Don't waste your money or your time!

jimw48
1/26/17

Order Esso gift card, never received anything after one month. Call support phone line many times, on answer. Never reply my email.

kristenj12
1/23/17

Ordered a shirt from shop.ca and they charged my credit card the same day. 3 weeks later still have not received the shirt. You cannot talk to someone at the "customer service" phone number they provide on their website... it goes to voicemail claiming they are receiving higher than normal call volumes and they suggest to email them. I've done so... time will tell if they are able to rectify the situation (I want my money back... I don't care about the shirt).

brandonr44
1/7/17

I have had successful transactions with shop.ca before but this latest one is terrible.

Part of my order was cancelled without notice and the other part has been "Shipping Soon" for 2 weeks. When contacting customer service by e-mail you do not get a response and by phoning their number you are told they are experiencing a higher than normal call volume and the machine hangs up.

Very sketchy. At this point I would like to just cancel my order and purchase from somewhere I trust.

susanc234
1/4/17

Scam take your money and get nothing!!!!ordered products items unavailable took my money. sent many emails no response. i phoned the number and all i got was a recording to send an email.

lizg32
12/30/16

I placed an order on Dec. with confirmation it would be delivered by Dec 23 and as of Jan. 1st, not shipped or any communication with company. I had to suspend my credit card because I did not receive confirmation that this order has been cancelled. It has not even been shipped. No response to my emails - terrible customer service so I will not back!

Laughed out loud when asked to rate customer service. Nobody read the emails - customer service is absolutely terrible. "No notification that you cancelled the order so I cancelled my credit card. By the way, the two agents names did not match. I will never be back.

rudyb17
12/28/16

I placed an order on the 17th of december. I couldn't track my order. I called support, no answer, emailed them never got a human reply other than the auto-reply emails. on the 27th they inform me that the order got canceled. I dont usually wright negative reviews but I had to for this one. bad management deserves a bad review! I hope they will do something about it. This was suppose to be a gift on behalf of a friend, I have to explain all that to my friend now!!!

Tip for consumers: if you cant track your order online, there is a big chance that it was canceled. you get many errors on their website with no good indications.

anitaw17
12/23/16

I would not recommend to any one of u to buy anything from Shop.ca. Don't repeat my mistake. I didn't read the reviews before I ordered. Even after a month I didn't receive my order. But luckily I ordered through PayPal so they took over my case. Otherwise there is no way U can contact these Scamers. They have a no that no one answers and no way u can track ur order even though u have a tracking no.

ellit2
12/18/16

I ordered a Christmas gift for my niece and, even though the website states that the item ships from the warehouse within 7 days, it took 7 days for my order to be confirmed, with no confirmation of shipment. I'm thinking that the warehouse is in China?!

Despite my many emails to shop.ca, with generic replies back to me, and unanswered calls, I have given up hope that shop.ca is actually a legitimate business and has any intention of honouring its customers' orders.

I will NEVER buy from this site again and will warn everyone I know not to shop at this site. I am going to launch an investigation into this company and its parent company, Transformation Capital, and get this website and company shut down for good.

tamarac19
12/13/16

I ordered something and was lied to. The order was placed over 2 weeks ago but it hasn't been shipped out as of yet

Trying to contact them is a joke. I emailed received a generic reply that they would get back to me in 48 hours, that was another lie.

I'm not able to cancel the order and get a refund of $150.00 dollars and no one will contact me. Yet they took my money really quick.

Happy Canadian Shoppers more like Scamming Canadian Shoppers!

lisap188
10/31/16

I ordered an item and was worried as I hadn't heart of this company. After back and forth I received a full refund with a girt coming my way. It was exactly like the poduct, but in a different size. Beautiful sheepskin pillow. Thank you Shop.ca. I will be back !! Lia MH

bellaw4
10/29/16

If you are wondering why your order still not arrived, the reason is shop.ca doesn't pay suppliers money. Please STOP shop at this website, go Amazon.ca or somewhere else which has much better reputation among the suppliers. Remember! If you don't receive your order, call your credit card centre to dispute the payment!

lenac13
10/26/16

If you buy something and want to send it back it will literally take you 10 emails and 5 phones calls to do. Then you'll wait for 2 months to get your money back.
NEVER SHOP HERE!

gordonf12
10/13/16

Where is my product that you charged to my credit card on the 28th of September and has yet to be shipped. Where is your staff, I have sent four E-mails and left three phone messages when you were closed because that is the only time that your machine answers.

leanneh12
10/10/16

I placed an order September 24; still have not received it. No one EVER answers the phone and I have yet to get a response to my email....super annoying. Not impressed at all.

balajig1
8/21/16

I ordered a 50 shoe rack that the website said "ships in 3-4 days", which seemed ok. I was expecting the order to reach in another 3-4 days, making it a total of 10 days that I assumed it would take to reach me. Well, obviously NOT. Order is still in Supplier Processing which I don't understand as a "status". In any case, I called customer care to check the status, and the IVR HUNG UP ON ME!! For the first time in my (pitiful after ordering with Shop.ca) life, an IVR hung up on me with absolutely nothing given or taken. Wrote an email, got a reply within 24 hours with a templated message with "new owners, sorting issues, will seek redemption from supplier etc" balderdash. In the meantime, I have been getting a few nice words from the missus about not ordering from Amazon or somebody who has their act together. Glad that this was only a <$50 mis-experience.

Tip for consumers: Read the title of this review. Pay that $10 bucks extra and order from someplace else.

jackm160
8/8/16

I cannot get anyone on the phone and continually need to send email for support. My first order was cancelled, with no reason given. My second order was filled with a used repackaged item. But I also have a credit for something else and I am trying to use the credit. I ordered an item and it has been sitting in processing for a week now and cannot get anyone on the phone and no satisfaction via email. Once my credit is used, I will not use them again.

sarahh172
4/20/16

I purchased an electronics item which has a 180 day return policy on their website. They refuse to give me a refund on the defect product after 38 days saying that it was only (a) a 30 day return window and (b) the 180 days refers to new-condition, still in packaging items. Who, I ask, makes a purchase and after 175 days decides to return it without ever using it. They advertise a good return policy but there is so much fine print that you will undoubtedly be stuck with whatever you buy from them.

6 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the SHOP.CA staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
seanm135
Sean M.
Q: What is being done about all the negative comments being posted about Shop.ca? Has shop.ca sorted out the bankruptcy and has a future or will it's membership drop and those who remain not get the cashback deals or even have enough confidence and trust to shop with shop.ca with the company seeming troubled. There is not a lot of press about the the current status of the company, more of the past press shows up in searches which has to have a negative effect on consumer confidence and even merchants wanting to sell on shop.ca because of the fear of damaging their brand if consumers are dissatisfied and posting complaints. I would really like to know the answers from someone who actually can answer accurately, not from someone that is just slamming the company or making comments about the costs of product since that has very little to do with the service or dependability of the company. In my opinion trust and service is a bigger concern over getting the cheapest price. Shopping on line shouldn't just be about squeezing every penny out of a merchant, it should be also about getting product reliably, conveniently and having accountability for any problems customers may have. Without getting what your paying for and expecting buying the cheapest possible price that can be found for a comparable product means nothing. I would hope a company focuses on all aspects of why a customers shops with them, not just being the cheapest, I much rather allow someone to make a bit more profit if that allows them to build a better service that is trustworthy and reliable.
1 week, 2 days ago