US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

brandonr44
1/7/17

I have had successful transactions with shop.ca before but this latest one is terrible.

Part of my order was cancelled without notice and the other part has been "Shipping Soon" for 2 weeks. When contacting customer service by e-mail you do not get a response and by phoning their number you are told they are experiencing a higher than normal call volume and the machine hangs up.

Very sketchy. At this point I would like to just cancel my order and purchase from somewhere I trust.

susanc234
1/4/17

Scam take your money and get nothing!!!!ordered products items unavailable took my money. sent many emails no response. i phoned the number and all i got was a recording to send an email.

lizg32
12/30/16

I placed an order on Dec. with confirmation it would be delivered by Dec 23 and as of Jan. 1st, not shipped or any communication with company. I had to suspend my credit card because I did not receive confirmation that this order has been cancelled. It has not even been shipped. No response to my emails - terrible customer service so I will not back!

Laughed out loud when asked to rate customer service. Nobody read the emails - customer service is absolutely terrible. "No notification that you cancelled the order so I cancelled my credit card. By the way, the two agents names did not match. I will never be back.

rudyb17
12/28/16

I placed an order on the 17th of december. I couldn't track my order. I called support, no answer, emailed them never got a human reply other than the auto-reply emails. on the 27th they inform me that the order got canceled. I dont usually wright negative reviews but I had to for this one. bad management deserves a bad review! I hope they will do something about it. This was suppose to be a gift on behalf of a friend, I have to explain all that to my friend now!!!

Tip for consumers: if you cant track your order online, there is a big chance that it was canceled. you get many errors on their website with no good indications.

anitaw17
12/23/16

I would not recommend to any one of u to buy anything from Shop.ca. Don't repeat my mistake. I didn't read the reviews before I ordered. Even after a month I didn't receive my order. But luckily I ordered through PayPal so they took over my case. Otherwise there is no way U can contact these Scamers. They have a no that no one answers and no way u can track ur order even though u have a tracking no.

ellit2
12/18/16

I ordered a Christmas gift for my niece and, even though the website states that the item ships from the warehouse within 7 days, it took 7 days for my order to be confirmed, with no confirmation of shipment. I'm thinking that the warehouse is in China?!

Despite my many emails to shop.ca, with generic replies back to me, and unanswered calls, I have given up hope that shop.ca is actually a legitimate business and has any intention of honouring its customers' orders.

I will NEVER buy from this site again and will warn everyone I know not to shop at this site. I am going to launch an investigation into this company and its parent company, Transformation Capital, and get this website and company shut down for good.

tamarac19
12/13/16

I ordered something and was lied to. The order was placed over 2 weeks ago but it hasn't been shipped out as of yet

Trying to contact them is a joke. I emailed received a generic reply that they would get back to me in 48 hours, that was another lie.

I'm not able to cancel the order and get a refund of $150.00 dollars and no one will contact me. Yet they took my money really quick.

Happy Canadian Shoppers more like Scamming Canadian Shoppers!

lisap188
10/31/16

I ordered an item and was worried as I hadn't heart of this company. After back and forth I received a full refund with a girt coming my way. It was exactly like the poduct, but in a different size. Beautiful sheepskin pillow. Thank you Shop.ca. I will be back !! Lia MH

bellaw4
10/29/16

If you are wondering why your order still not arrived, the reason is shop.ca doesn't pay suppliers money. Please STOP shop at this website, go Amazon.ca or somewhere else which has much better reputation among the suppliers. Remember! If you don't receive your order, call your credit card centre to dispute the payment!

lenac13
10/26/16

If you buy something and want to send it back it will literally take you 10 emails and 5 phones calls to do. Then you'll wait for 2 months to get your money back.
NEVER SHOP HERE!

gordonf12
10/13/16

Where is my product that you charged to my credit card on the 28th of September and has yet to be shipped. Where is your staff, I have sent four E-mails and left three phone messages when you were closed because that is the only time that your machine answers.

leanneh12
10/10/16

I placed an order September 24; still have not received it. No one EVER answers the phone and I have yet to get a response to my email....super annoying. Not impressed at all.

balajig1
8/21/16

I ordered a 50 shoe rack that the website said "ships in 3-4 days", which seemed ok. I was expecting the order to reach in another 3-4 days, making it a total of 10 days that I assumed it would take to reach me. Well, obviously NOT. Order is still in Supplier Processing which I don't understand as a "status". In any case, I called customer care to check the status, and the IVR HUNG UP ON ME!! For the first time in my (pitiful after ordering with Shop.ca) life, an IVR hung up on me with absolutely nothing given or taken. Wrote an email, got a reply within 24 hours with a templated message with "new owners, sorting issues, will seek redemption from supplier etc" balderdash. In the meantime, I have been getting a few nice words from the missus about not ordering from Amazon or somebody who has their act together. Glad that this was only a <$50 mis-experience.

Tip for consumers: Read the title of this review. Pay that $10 bucks extra and order from someplace else.

jackm160
8/8/16

I cannot get anyone on the phone and continually need to send email for support. My first order was cancelled, with no reason given. My second order was filled with a used repackaged item. But I also have a credit for something else and I am trying to use the credit. I ordered an item and it has been sitting in processing for a week now and cannot get anyone on the phone and no satisfaction via email. Once my credit is used, I will not use them again.

sarahh172
4/20/16

I purchased an electronics item which has a 180 day return policy on their website. They refuse to give me a refund on the defect product after 38 days saying that it was only (a) a 30 day return window and (b) the 180 days refers to new-condition, still in packaging items. Who, I ask, makes a purchase and after 175 days decides to return it without ever using it. They advertise a good return policy but there is so much fine print that you will undoubtedly be stuck with whatever you buy from them.

sandran30
3/27/16

I ordered from these guys and took advantage of free shipping promo they had, it took for ever to arrive. I asked to return the item so they charged me for shipping and deducted it from the return.

marcop21
3/19/16

I was lied to and the return policy is way too complicated for me to even bother.
They had this allegedly good discount on a cable I needed for my computer to transfer stuff/data. I previously ordered the same kind of cable at a cheaper price ( 3 times lower than shop dot ca ) After a while of waiting for my previous order from another website that never came I decided to order the same cable (different brand - so I thought) at Shop dot ca because it was on special claiming that the cable used to cost 75$ and was now at 25$. Since the previous website is from China and Shop dot ca from Canada ,I jumped on the occasion to make sure I finally get the cable. 3 days after my order the cable came
( bravo that was fast) HOWEVER the cable came in a freaking Ziploc bag and the brand is a knockoff of the same cable I previously ordered for cheaper. There is no way in hell the cable from Shop dot ca cost 75$ NO WAY! 2 days after receiving their overpriced cable, I received the previous order from the previous website (china).....
.Not only was the cable 10$ (with shipping ) it also came in his original package and the brand of the cable is actually the original brand NOT A KNOCKOFF!
What a shame! I overpaid for something not worth the price! Why lie about something. I knew the offer was too good to be true but god damned I was at least expecting another brand - not a knockoff and something actually worth 75$....its not even worth the almost 30$ (with tax) I paid!

lucyp23
3/16/16

Let's put it this: I WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY AGAIN!
My suggestion: don't go there.

azis1
3/1/16

I bought a pair of shoes from shop.ca recently. The delivery, return policy, customer service were all so annoying and disappointing that I won't shop at shop.ca anymore.

First of all, it took 14 days to deliver the shoes. After I found that they are small, I decided to change them for a bigger size. But, since I had bought them on sales, the customer service told me that you have to pay for the full price. After sending multiple emails and waiting for a week to hear back from them (I had to communicate through email since they never answer phone calls, it seems there is no actuall office or a person to answer the calls), the customer service finally accepted that I can change for a bigger size for the same price I bought the first pair.

Since the service was so frustrating, I decided to return the shoes and asked for refund. When I asked for refund, they first said that they will give me store credit, not any refund. Then again after multiple emails, they accepted to do the refund.

However, they never refunded the whole price I paid for the shoes. I used a coupon of $50 to buy the shoes, besides the money I paid by credit card. They refunded the money, but they did not return my coupon back (stores usually give store credit, when you return an item, for the coupon you use) and they said that your coupon is expired a couple of days ago.

The process of delivery and returne of these shoes took 40 days!!!!!!!! With such a long delivery and frustrating return policy any coupon will expire for sure!!!

queeniey1
2/26/16

Shop.ca refuse to honor the mistake they made. I ordered an OGIO Newt 15 In. Laptop Backpack in Dark Static on the shop.ca a few weeks ago for a discounted price. Shop.ca realize it is an error on their site, so instead of honoring the deal by shipping the backpack, they just shipped a tablet messenger bag to me. if you complaint and request for the company to delivery the correct item, they will just tell you they are out of stock!!!

evaf9
2/10/16

I got the $50 TD card bonus for Shop.ca back in November. I ordered a small food scale and it was defective. So I returned it on Dec 9 and was told by the customer service that I would get a credit. Called a few times, was assured the same but I didn't see no credit. I was out of town in early Jan and called again when I returned in mid Jan. The CS told me that TD offer ended Dec 31. WHAT??? What has that to do with the offer end? I returned the defective (mind you, it's DEFECTIVE) merchandise back in early Dec and was assured that there would be a credit. After much complaining, I was told that Shop.ca would give me an exception for the $50. They really go the extra mile to anger and frustrate their customers when it's so crystal obvious that it's their fault.

By the way, if the above is not a scam, the fact that they grossly jack up the prices is definitely one. Everything is way more expensive than regular prices out there. That's why it took me so long to find even one item to purchase!

samp228
1/14/16

Got the TD credit card $50 bonus credit for SHOP.ca. Bought 2 items, one of them is out of stock, and they refused to refund the full amount as store credit. Only giving me $1.44. Ridiculous! There are lots of shopping website out there. Why pay for such a negative experience? Shop around first. They charge higher, but with poor service and slow shipping. I bought a belt that they charged $25, but their supplier (merchant partner) even put a price tag in the package saying it actually selling it for $9.99.

Tip for consumers: If you're buying something from SHOP.ca, the only i can say is good luck.

andrewh109
1/5/16

Most of the products on this website are over priced. I made the mistake of ordering from them and my order has been processing for a week. I've sent two inquiries through their site to find out when the order will ship and have received no responses. How is this place still in business when Amazon 10 times more efficient? Never again. If I don't hear from them in the next 24 hours, I'm calling my credit card company and cancelling the payment.

nanetteb
12/20/15

I ordered a small guitar in for a Christmas gift. Order was placed November 30, wasn't shipped until December 17, expected delivery is December 30. So much for a Christmas gift, and with all the poor reviews on returns I'm not even going there! This is my first experience with shop.ca
I would stick with other sites.

manonp1
12/11/15

I received a defective Actifry and have been trying for a week to return it. They have washed their hands of this and have told me I have to deal with the supplier. I only want to return this expensive item and don`t want it replaced or repaired since I no longer have faith in the brand. I paid for a new item and certainly don`t want refurbished item bacl. If I had bought this at a local store I could have easily returned it. This is not the case with this website. They wash their hands of you. What a head-ache. I wish I had never purchased from this website.

5 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the SHOP.CA staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question