Review of SHOP.CA

Tel: 000000000
support@shop.ca

jeffd113
11/22/17

I find your site very difficult to use and there is no customer service phone number anywhere on your site. Even when I Google it nothing comes up. I have been trying to order a product for a couple of weeks and my emails don't work and the passwords don't work and the whole customer experience is very frustrating. Why are all you on line sites obsessed with passwords and security. I get security a check out but you can't get to the check out with out an out of stock message come up after you've gone through the whole shopping process. In the world of Amazon you guys should be working harder. - Jeff from Toronto

Response from ShopCA T., SHOP.CA Representative
Hi Jeff,

I apologize that you had so many difficulties for making a purchase. We had sent an email out to all our customers that we do not take calls anymore as we have moved to an online ticketing system (exactly like AMAZON!).

We aren't really obsessed with online security but we do care about it. Ofcourse in the age of technology it has become easier for people to hack into accounts if not secured using a password. We can assure you that we are working really hard to provide the best experience possible but sometimes there are experiences that do not match your expectation and we apologize for those rare moments. If you would still like to make a purchase then please email us at service@shop.ca. One of our heroes can help you out no doubt.

Best Regards,

Shop
tonyl114
11/17/17
• Updated review

Shop.ca charged my credit card for an order that they did not fulfil.
Each time I ask for an update on my order, I am given some false excuse and subsequently told that the problem will be fixed soon.

My recommendations for shop.ca:
1) Do not charge people before orders ship
2) If you will not be able to do something, don't keep stringing the customer along with false promises.

"Hahaha"
^The official response to my legitimate concerns regarding shop.ca's conduct

Tip for consumers: Shop.ca is a scam website that takes your money without fulfilling orders - just steer clear away. Customer service is nonexistent if something goes wrong.

Response from ShopCA T., SHOP.CA Representative
Hi Tony,

We have tried on numerous occasions to explain the issue but you keep blaming us and posting unnecessary negative reviews about us. We understand your order is delayed but we have explained the situation and only asked for your patience while we work tirelessly to resolve this system issue preventing from the vendor to process your order. As per our policy, we reserve the right to cancel your order and we will be exercising that right today. You are being refunded back on to your credit card.

Have a great rest of your week.

SHOP
“Shop.ca wants me to do their work for them”
11/15/17
• Previous review

I've already sent 9 emails to support regarding this issue - none of the responses to my emails were at all helpful in getting my order through. How would another email to support help? Instead, your best solution is that you want me to do your job of contacting the supplier to get my item shipped?

Your company took money from me, but no service has been rendered. When I complain about it, you suggest that I go and take it up with the supplier myself. Imagine you went to McDonalds, paid for a Big Mac, and the cashier tells you to go cook the burger yourself because the cook disappeared. Shop.ca is that cashier.

Response from ShopCA T., SHOP.CA Representative
Hahaha that's funny.

It's not like we haven't read your emails. But you do not understand the issue here. The supplier won't fulfill orders coming through Shop because they cannot see them. Even if we send them your order details manually they still won't ship. Therefore, we asked you to get in touch with the supplier if you really want the item. We are not asking you to cook the burger yourself, we are actually asking you to buy directly from the source of our delicious beef patties! It might even be beneficial for you because you might get a better deal. Trust me we would love to take your money and deliver the item but it's the supplier being difficult, not us.
“Terrible customer service”
11/14/17
• Previous review

They responded to my review of their website here by telling me that I need to be more patient. I've already waited 3.5 months.

The ENTIRE time, the product has been in stock on their supplier's website. It doesn't get more incompetent than this.

Response from ShopCA T., SHOP.CA Representative
Hi

Sorry but dies not seem like you read what we said. The item is in stock but the supplier refuses to honor your order because of the tech issues.

If you know who the supplier is you are more than welcome to deal with them directly. If you don't we can let you know. Please send an email :)

Hopefully you read this one.
“shop.ca charged my credit card but refuses to ship item”
11/13/17
• Previous review

Ordered an item on July 23.
Emailed shop.ca on Aug 3 to update my shipping address.
They responded that the item was on back order for 4 weeks.
I responded to continue with the order.
On August 23 my credit card was charged.
On August 31 I asked for updates to my order.
Shop.ca responded saying that the item was on back order for 1-2 weeks.
I told shop.ca to continue with the order.
On September 28 I asked for an update. I mentioned that the item is listed as in stock on their supplier's web page.
I received a response that the supplier was having tech issues.
On October 18 I asked for an update on my order.
I was told that the supplier is still resolving tech issues.
On October 29 I asked for information on what the tech issue was.
I was told that the supplier had a tech issue which prevented the shipping of orders.
On November 2 I contacted the supplier, who told me that the item was in stock, and that there was no problem with shipping orders. I forwarded this information to shop.ca.
I was then told that the supplier is unable to view orders from shop.ca. Shop.ca claims that this is a problem on the supplier's side, however this is a very easy to solve problem. Just phone the supplier, or email the supplier, or use the supplier's website to make them aware of my order.

Tip for consumers: Stay away from this company. They take your money and do not ship your items.

Response from ShopCA T., SHOP.CA Representative
Hi Tony,

Thanks for providing a brief summary of your experience however when you say`however this is a very easy to solve problem. Just phone the supplier, or email the supplier, or use the supplier's website to make them aware of my order.`` means you never really read any of our emails to you. We did inform you that the supplier is aware of your order (because we told them about it). However, they refused to fulfill your order through us because of the tech issues they were experiencing. We are trying very hard to resolve these issues and work with our suppliers but unfortunately not everything is under our control. Also, we offered to refund you on numerous occasions so as to avoid a review like this one but you said you wanted to wait. Next time be sure that you have the patience to wait :)
robertg328
11/12/17

Terrible customer service. Bought an item, paid in advance and it finally showed up a week later than advertised, then checked my account and the promised airmiles were never applied? transaction was in July 2017, it is now almost mid November and All I get is there was a problem with my account??? and they are looking into the problem and will keep me posted...same email every time I ask for resolution or what was the problem with the account as every other transaction from other companies shows up within days?

Response from ShopCA T., SHOP.CA Representative
Hi Robert,

Sometimes it helps with simply reading the policies of a company. As per our terms and conditions, all customers will receive their Aeroplan miles 30 days after an item is shipped.

Hope this answers your questions. If it does not, then you are welcome to email us. Or you can keep posting negative reviews which are totally irrelevant to our service.

Cheers!
donnak90
11/8/17

Wish I'd read this page before ordering. We ordered 2 Esso gas cards on October 21st. Received a tracking number but each time I check there has been no change in the status. Sent an email & did receive a reply basically telling us to be patient. Checked & found out that our credit card has been charged so they've had our money for 2 weeks now. How tough is it to send out a couple of gift cards! I think we'll be getting in touch with our credit card company!

Response from ShopCA T., SHOP.CA Representative
Hey Donna!

So sorry for the delay. The ESSO deal is for e-giftcards. so it is a bit strange that you received a tracking number. Can you provide your tracking number please? We would like to know hope to got one when the giftcards can only be emailed to you. Also, you don't need to call your credit card company, just ask us for your money back and will be done!

Sorry again for the delay and inconvenience
noeller3
11/2/17

I ordered a patio set that was advertised at a huge discount appeared to be a great deal and Free Shipping pasted all over the ad. I placed the order and then received a call from the supplier asking where I lived because shipping was going to be very high. The supplier confirmed that the product was available. After waiting about 2 weeks I responded to Shop.ca to determine what was happening with my order. I received an email back informing me that the product was not available and the order had been cancelled despite the fact that it was already charged to my credit card. I called the merchant back and was informed the patio set was in fact still available. I responded to Shop.ca with this information and got a run-around. I copied and pasted the ad that was still on their website for this patio set including Free Shipping prominent in the ad. I then received another email stating abruptly that Shop.ca has a policy Apologies for the late reply. The order was advertised as free shipping but as per policy Shop.ca reserves the right to cancel any orders for special reasons, such as extremely high shipping costs. We apologize sincerely for the prior miscommunication. As far as I am concerned this is false advertising. Will never shop on this site again.

Response from ShopCA T., SHOP.CA Representative
Hi Noelle,

We apologize for the inconvenience but there was in fact no false advertising just that you never read the advert clearly.

If you go t the deal link here: https://shop.ca/deal/3295511 and click on"Shoipping Details" the article says the following:

"Our free shipping policy also has some small exceptions, like if you are purchasing an over sized, high-value or fragile product, but don’t worry, we will always let you know in advance of placing your order if special shipping rates apply."

We informed you of the extra rate and you refused to pay for it therefore we could not honor the order. It makes no sense that an item you paid $1000 for would be delivered to you for $600. Also, by the way, you gave us an address for a PO Box and based on our vendor's experience those usually get returned back.

In any case, Shop.ca does reserve the right to cancel your order but we did our job by informing you before hand and you have not read the policies around shipping.

Sorry for any inconvenience.
guidox
10/25/17

Don't trust what the website promises on the shipping:Leaves warehouse within X business days! That's totally a joke! Nothing happened since I received the order confirmation email. Order received but disappeared forever!!!!!

Tip for consumers: Avoid it!

Response from ShopCA T., SHOP.CA Representative
We apologize if you had a bad experience and we would love to turn it around. If you have the order number please email support@shop.ca with the subject like SiteJabber and an agent will get back to you asap.

niks29
10/5/17

Bought the e-Esso $200 cash card on Aug 26th. Never received it by email. Was promise I would receive the last week of Sept. But, never came. I don't get why they take your money before sending it out. makes no sense. Asked for a refund. Was promise a refund between 5-10 business days... That was on Sept 28th.... Still haven't received my money back. Awful service!!!!!!!!

andrews301
9/26/17

Made 2 orders during a heavily promoted "$15 off with visa checkout" offer. Orders were pending. A month laer they charged my credit card. A month after that, they orders were still pending. I aksed Shop.ca, who responded the orders had been cancelled. Apparently they had had no itention of ever refunding my money if I hadn't asked. Sure seems like a scam to me!

Response from ShopCA T., SHOP.CA Representative
Dear Andrew,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you endured during our Visa Checkout promotion. We would certainly like to make this right by you. Please email us at support@shop.ca with subject line SiteJabber so we can look into your order and offer you some compensation for the inconvenience.

bobj147
9/15/17

I ordered some gift cards one month ago and still not received.I tried to sign-in that not works. Called them, just answering machine. But still they are sending emails everyday about their F**** sale. After all the emails, finally l received the e-card.

Response from ShopCA T., SHOP.CA Representative
Dear Bob,

We apologize for the inconvenience and delay. Please email support@shop.ca with subject line SiteJabber and your order number and an agent will be right with you to resolve this ASAP!

seras5
9/5/17

I waited over 2 MONTHS for my order to arrive. They kept telling me it was going to ship soon, but then they cancel so casually after making me wait the whole two months. Lousy company and lousy service. Never buying anything from them again!

Response from ShopCA T., SHOP.CA Representative
Dear Sera,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and assure you that sch for not our intention. We would love to make this right by you so please email us at support@shop.ca with the subject line Site jabber and an agent will be with you ASAP.

georgek122
8/30/17

I ordered a case of tennis balls 3 weeks ago, and after chasing them they answered that the order will take 3 or more weeks to deliver. Stay away. They cannot survive as an online site with this performance. Terrible business!

Response from ShopCA T., SHOP.CA Representative
Hi George,

We apologize for the inconvenience. Please email support@shop.ca with the subject line SiteJabber and your order that was refunded so we can look into it and get back to you with possible compensation for it.

brunon7
8/29/17

This is absolutely a scam.They haven't been in the 70 Peter St. address in over a year.You can't contact them in any way.I bought some gift cards and I can't use them.

faitha18
8/21/17

I ordered a ukulele a month ago and it said it will be arrived on August 14 and it did so this is a normal website

bobr123
8/20/17

I would not order something from these guys if it was free. WAY too much of a headache to try and actually get your order. Customer service is abysmal. STAY AWAY

Response from ShopCA T., SHOP.CA Representative
Dear Bob,

semoned
8/14/17

I wish I had read more reviews before shopping here. Don't know how this site is still even functioning. Ordered something a month ago and item has still not been delivered and i Don't even think the supplier has been notified. I've sent 2 emails to the support and even Tho they say 24-36hr reply time it's been well over that and i Have still not heard from anyone. Wondering if I can reverse my payment some how and get My
Money back. :(

Don't shop here people! They may be trying to turn things around but at clearly doing a piss poor job of it. Don't understand how there can be so many functioning online shopping sights and one like this can literally just be so so terrible.

mikeh342
8/9/17

I placed two orders when there was a deal, but they never shipped the orders out. Stay away from the crap website.

Response from ShopCA T., SHOP.CA Representative
Dear Mike,

Sorry to hear about that. We would love to regain your confidence in us so if you would please email support@shop.ca with your order id and subject line Site Jabber we would like to look into this and get back to you.

maryb486
8/9/17

Offer promotions with no intention to over fill the orders. Terrrible communciation. Same owner now as several "group deal" sites that went bankrupt after screwing over lots of people

Tip for consumers: Dont aste your time with this

kevint112
8/9/17

This site stole my $40 credit dollars and still hasn't return anything. So i did a charge back on it.

alianah
7/18/17

Why the many negative reviews, each shopping experience is different. Mine with this store turn out to be quite well.

juniorq
6/23/17

If I could give it 0 stars I would. I bought a package as a gift to my girlfriend who lives 3000 kms away. Gave them her shipping address and my billing address so I would receive the bill and she would receive the gift. And what do you think happened. That's right some how I got the gift that I bought for her and she received the bills that were suppose to come to me. Mind u it was suppose to be a surprise for her. Instead I got this unwanted surprise. Bravo. Learning to take time to read would be ideal but it doesn't happen with this company

bb164
6/1/17

Shop.ca is the worst online business I have ever encountered, and I have bought a lot of things. I purchased shoes for my elderly mother, but decided to cancel the transaction within 30 minutes. The procedure for cancellation on their website did not work at all. I finally sent an email, requesting cancellation. Today 4 days later, they processed the transaction anyways, although they were in full knowledge of my cancellation request. I will report the company wherever I can.

Tip for consumers: Don't buy anything through this company.

sarahr152
4/20/17

this site should be taken down, total scam, order nice boots, receive knock off trainers, they chat away about partial refund and keep the trainers, dragging it out, i know i will never see my money or my boots.

erink28
4/17/17

Shop.ca is horrible to deal with. I had put in an order for a pair of jeans and did not receive them, had to email them and they had told me it had been cancelled BUT my mastercard had still been charged. They told me it wouldn't be. I am still waiting on a receipt to tell me that I have been reimbursed the money.

shannonf27
3/20/17

I ORDERED A BANDANA SHIRT FROM SHOP.CA ON JAN 20,2017 I HAVE BEEN MESSAGING A GIRL OLIVIA,.. WHO HAS BEEN GREAT TILL I TOLD HER I WANT MY MONEY BACK CONSIDERING ITS MARCH 20,2017 AND I HAVE NOT RECIEVED MY SHIRT,.. THE SHIRT SAYS ITS IN TRANSIT AND TO BE DELIVERED FEB 28, 2017!! IM NO GENIUS BUT I THINK FEB, 28 2017 HAS LONG PAST!!! IM IN THE PROCESS OF TAKING LEGAL ATION!!

patricks122
3/8/17

I have been a online shopper of amazon.ca/com for years and was really satisfied with it services. But as Canadian I sure would LOVE to support a native Canadian company. But soooo wrong with SHOP.CA !!! It just won't give itself a chance for me to continue to do so.

I have a credit of close to $200 from SHOP.CA from Sept 2015. This month (Mar 2017) I intended to use it to purchase an item from SHOP.CA. However, I was unable to locate it as a payment option at checkout.

On requesting customer service, I was told my credit could not be honored due to management change in July/August 2016 ! The best they can do is to give me a credit of $26.72, which is 20% of my original store credit.

After many email exchanges with my voicing that is an unfair business practice, as a customer I was not informed of such impact due to its management change, let alone given options for responses. This business practice is penalizing customers for their loyalty and invite bad reputation. But all my effort ended up in vain ! I must say the management change certainly did not make its business any better and it just lost another customer. Companies like this should not be in existence, like many other customers have already expressed.

So PLEASE stay away from SHOP.CA despite what your noble intention is. Yes, it is that BAD !!!

Response from ShopCA T., SHOP.CA Representative
HI Patrick,

We understand your concern here and your skepticism. However you also have to understand that the $200 you paid was paid to the original owners of the company and not the new management company. Therefore, how can we give you that $200 which we never got in the first place?

We actually had to start from scratch to build relationships with our customers and vendors again. Our suggestion to you would be to file a chargeback with your credit card company and get all your money back that way.

We would love your support and in an effort to resolve your grievance, we can offer $50 in credits. Please let us know if you accept this. Also, please provide any proof that you received said credits from Shop.ca.

-Shop.ca

Hey Lindsay, if your item happens to be damaged during shipment please let us know right away and we will absolutely work with our merchant to ensure that a replacement is sent out to you!

By ShopCA T. [SHOP.CA Rep]

Hey Amanda, you can definitely use your PayPal account for purchases on SHOP.CA!

By ShopCA T. [SHOP.CA Rep]
What is being done about all the negative comments being posted about Shop.ca? Has shop.ca sorted out the bankruptcy and has a future or will it's membership drop and those who remain not get the cashback deals or even have enough confidence and trust to shop with shop.ca with the company seeming troubled. There is not a lot of press about the the current status of the company, more of the past press shows up in searches which has to have a negative effect on consumer confidence and even merchants wanting to sell on shop.ca because of the fear of damaging their brand if consumers are dissatisfied and posting complaints. I would really like to know the answers from someone who actually can answer accurately, not from someone that is just slamming the company or making comments about the costs of product since that has very little to do with the service or dependability of the company. In my opinion trust and service is a bigger concern over getting the cheapest price. Shopping on line shouldn't just be about squeezing every penny out of a merchant, it should be also about getting product reliably, conveniently and having accountability for any problems customers may have. Without getting what your paying for and expecting buying the cheapest possible price that can be found for a comparable product means nothing. I would hope a company focuses on all aspects of why a customers shops with them, not just being the cheapest, I much rather allow someone to make a bit more profit if that allows them to build a better service that is trustworthy and reliable.

Hi Sean, You will notice that we are responding to all comments and have now, finally, resumed normal services. Our email response times are within 24 hours and all items are being delivered ina timely manner. The cash back programs are running along with other affiliates and aeroplan deals. As you can imagine, ever since the bankruptcy news, getting stability back was our biggest concern. We are working very hard to win back our customers and vendors because we understand that the faith had dropped. But we want to continue the good work that was being done before. You can also see from our products that we are reasonably priced. Our motto is not to be the cheapest, but to be the most reliable. And we are working towards that. Hope this helps restoring some faith. Regards

By ShopCA T. [SHOP.CA Rep]
Questions? Get answers from the SHOP.CA staff and other customers.

SHOP.CA?