Review of SHOP.CA

Tel: 000000000
support@shop.ca

bobj147
9/15/17

I ordered some gift cards one month ago and still not received.I tried to sign-in that not works. Called them, just answering machine. But still they are sending emails everyday about their F**** sale.

johny123
9/15/17

I have purchased some gift cards from the website and you know what, they expired after a year or so, which I is unprecedented. This is the first time ever I know the gift cards can expired within such a short period of time. The most importantly, I reviewed the details of my order and it was never mentioned the gift cards will be expired!

SUCH A SCAM

Tip for consumers: Just don's buy from this website, there customer service is $#*!

seras5
9/5/17

I waited over 2 MONTHS for my order to arrive. They kept telling me it was going to ship soon, but then they cancel so casually after making me wait the whole two months. Lousy company and lousy service. Never buying anything from them again!

georgek122
8/30/17

I ordered a case of tennis balls 3 weeks ago, and after chasing them they answered that the order will take 3 or more weeks to deliver. Stay away. They cannot survive as an online site with this performance. Terrible business!

saraha162
8/29/17

I purchased a Silk'n Flash&Go from their website over a year ago, only to find out that the manufacturer warranty for this product is void since Shop.ca isn't an authorized dealer of Silk'n products. After discovering my device unexpectedly stopped working, I contacted Silk'n customer service hoping to get my device serviced, but was told they could do nothing since I didn't purchase from an authorized dealer. They even claimed my device was a fake and refused to even look at it, even if at my expense.

I contacted Shop.ca's customer service requesting a refund for my device due to this costly inconvenience (I couldn't get my device serviced at all by Silk'n, and was now looking at having to replace the device entirely). They kept on refusing, insisting that my device is past the warranty period, failing to acknowledge that even if my device stopped working DURING the warranty period, I still wouldn't have been able to do anything about it since the warranty was already void due to the fact that it was sold to me by Shop.ca!!

They even state on their website that "all warranties are expected to be covered by the normal manufacturer warranty." WRONG!!

During this whole ordeal the customer service I received was terrible. At one point they even referred me to their supplier to discuss my issue with them - what kind of retailer does that?! It's not my problem nor my responsibility to be in touch with your supplier, I purchased from you, not them!! Unbelievable. Save your time and money and shop elsewhere.

brunon7
8/29/17

This is absolutely a scam.They haven't been in the 70 Peter St. address in over a year.You can't contact them in any way.I bought some gift cards and I can't use them.

faitha18
8/21/17

I ordered a ukulele a month ago and it said it will be arrived on August 14 and it did so this is a normal website

bobr123
8/20/17

I would not order something from these guys if it was free. WAY too much of a headache to try and actually get your order. Customer service is abysmal. STAY AWAY

semoned
8/14/17

I wish I had read more reviews before shopping here. Don't know how this site is still even functioning. Ordered something a month ago and item has still not been delivered and i Don't even think the supplier has been notified. I've sent 2 emails to the support and even Tho they say 24-36hr reply time it's been well over that and i Have still not heard from anyone. Wondering if I can reverse my payment some how and get My
Money back. :(

Don't shop here people! They may be trying to turn things around but at clearly doing a piss poor job of it. Don't understand how there can be so many functioning online shopping sights and one like this can literally just be so so terrible.

mikeh342
8/9/17

I placed two orders when there was a deal, but they never shipped the orders out. Stay away from the crap website.

maryb486
8/9/17

Offer promotions with no intention to over fill the orders. Terrrible communciation. Same owner now as several "group deal" sites that went bankrupt after screwing over lots of people

Tip for consumers: Dont aste your time with this

kevint112
8/9/17

This site stole my $40 credit dollars and still hasn't return anything. So i did a charge back on it.

petem55
8/8/17

CLOSE THIS $#*! DOWN. JUST A WASTE. WORTHLESS CUSTOMER SERVICE.
0 STARS THERE SHOULD BE A OPTION FOR NEGATIVE STARS

alianah
7/18/17

Why the many negative reviews, each shopping experience is different. Mine with this store turn out to be quite well.

juniorq
6/23/17

If I could give it 0 stars I would. I bought a package as a gift to my girlfriend who lives 3000 kms away. Gave them her shipping address and my billing address so I would receive the bill and she would receive the gift. And what do you think happened. That's right some how I got the gift that I bought for her and she received the bills that were suppose to come to me. Mind u it was suppose to be a surprise for her. Instead I got this unwanted surprise. Bravo. Learning to take time to read would be ideal but it doesn't happen with this company

bb164
6/1/17

Shop.ca is the worst online business I have ever encountered, and I have bought a lot of things. I purchased shoes for my elderly mother, but decided to cancel the transaction within 30 minutes. The procedure for cancellation on their website did not work at all. I finally sent an email, requesting cancellation. Today 4 days later, they processed the transaction anyways, although they were in full knowledge of my cancellation request. I will report the company wherever I can.

Tip for consumers: Don't buy anything through this company.

sarahr152
4/20/17

this site should be taken down, total scam, order nice boots, receive knock off trainers, they chat away about partial refund and keep the trainers, dragging it out, i know i will never see my money or my boots.

erink28
4/17/17

Shop.ca is horrible to deal with. I had put in an order for a pair of jeans and did not receive them, had to email them and they had told me it had been cancelled BUT my mastercard had still been charged. They told me it wouldn't be. I am still waiting on a receipt to tell me that I have been reimbursed the money.

shannonf27
3/20/17

I ORDERED A BANDANA SHIRT FROM SHOP.CA ON JAN 20,2017 I HAVE BEEN MESSAGING A GIRL OLIVIA,.. WHO HAS BEEN GREAT TILL I TOLD HER I WANT MY MONEY BACK CONSIDERING ITS MARCH 20,2017 AND I HAVE NOT RECIEVED MY SHIRT,.. THE SHIRT SAYS ITS IN TRANSIT AND TO BE DELIVERED FEB 28, 2017!! IM NO GENIUS BUT I THINK FEB, 28 2017 HAS LONG PAST!!! IM IN THE PROCESS OF TAKING LEGAL ATION!!

patricks122
3/8/17

I have been a online shopper of amazon.ca/com for years and was really satisfied with it services. But as Canadian I sure would LOVE to support a native Canadian company. But soooo wrong with SHOP.CA !!! It just won't give itself a chance for me to continue to do so.

I have a credit of close to $200 from SHOP.CA from Sept 2015. This month (Mar 2017) I intended to use it to purchase an item from SHOP.CA. However, I was unable to locate it as a payment option at checkout.

On requesting customer service, I was told my credit could not be honored due to management change in July/August 2016 ! The best they can do is to give me a credit of $26.72, which is 20% of my original store credit.

After many email exchanges with my voicing that is an unfair business practice, as a customer I was not informed of such impact due to its management change, let alone given options for responses. This business practice is penalizing customers for their loyalty and invite bad reputation. But all my effort ended up in vain ! I must say the management change certainly did not make its business any better and it just lost another customer. Companies like this should not be in existence, like many other customers have already expressed.

So PLEASE stay away from SHOP.CA despite what your noble intention is. Yes, it is that BAD !!!

irr40
3/7/17

I bought a food processor and I didn't want it after I looked at it. I wanted the more up to date one. I called them and I can't remember whether I printed out the return postage or it was in the box. But anyways I returned it no problem and no expense to me. I am not the one that buys expensive items to look at and send them back but I do make a mistakes every so often and it is nice to know it won't cost me anything. I find some of their products are higher and some are lower. You have to be a smart shopper and I do find good deals here too. It's one of my go to shop places on the net :)

dennish81
2/22/17

Site says if you join you get $15 credit but site wouldn't apply that credit to a purchase I wanted to make.

I called -- and was told to email them. Days later they don't know what I'm talking about but tell me to look, again, for the credits. I send 3 screenshots showing where I was told to look. No credit.

I tell them. Days later they write back and say there is no credit!

What a hot mess.

My first experience with them and it is horrible -- horrible, confused, useless customer 'service'.

I doubt they will be around should I ever need to deal with a repair, warranty, etc.

STAY AWAY!

alexanderv17
2/21/17

I purchased a suitcase that was supposed to be shipped "within 3 business days". A week later, the item's status still showed as "supplier processing". I called their support line where the recording told me that they were experiencing "normal than higher call volumes" (sic). I had sent an e-mail and indeed received a response within their target response time (24-36 hours). Turns out the item was already shipped and waiting for pickup at my local Purolator depot. There was something wrong with shop.ca's online status update system. Otherwise, my experience was good, the item's price was very reasonable, and shipping was fast and free.

Tip for consumers: Use e-mail support if you have any questions re your item and have just a little bit of patience.

yannl7
2/20/17

Best to stay away, canceled order without reason and their package tracking doesn't work if you don't register. First and last time shopping on that site.

jenyar1
2/10/17

I had purchased a pair of jeans. The package arrived, no problem, but the jeans had no tags attached at all and looked like used ones. I had contacted the company the same day, and of course they said that if there is no tags on the item you won't be able to return or exchange it! This is the worst experience ever! Don't buy from them, by the way the jeans arrived from the store called Jean Machine

Helpful answer

Hey Lindsay, if your item happens to be damaged during shipment please let us know right away and we will absolutely work with our merchant to ensure that a replacement is sent out to you!

By ShopCA T. [SHOP.CA Rep] on 7/22/15
Helpful answer

Hey Amanda, you can definitely use your PayPal account for purchases on SHOP.CA!

By ShopCA T. [SHOP.CA Rep] on 4/29/13
Helpful answer
What is being done about all the negative comments being posted about Shop.ca? Has shop.ca sorted out the bankruptcy and has a future or will it's membership drop and those who remain not get the cashback deals or even have enough confidence and trust to shop with shop.ca with the company seeming troubled. There is not a lot of press about the the current status of the company, more of the past press shows up in searches which has to have a negative effect on consumer confidence and even merchants wanting to sell on shop.ca because of the fear of damaging their brand if consumers are dissatisfied and posting complaints. I would really like to know the answers from someone who actually can answer accurately, not from someone that is just slamming the company or making comments about the costs of product since that has very little to do with the service or dependability of the company. In my opinion trust and service is a bigger concern over getting the cheapest price. Shopping on line shouldn't just be about squeezing every penny out of a merchant, it should be also about getting product reliably, conveniently and having accountability for any problems customers may have. Without getting what your paying for and expecting buying the cheapest possible price that can be found for a comparable product means nothing. I would hope a company focuses on all aspects of why a customers shops with them, not just being the cheapest, I much rather allow someone to make a bit more profit if that allows them to build a better service that is trustworthy and reliable.

Hi Sean, You will notice that we are responding to all comments and have now, finally, resumed normal services. Our email response times are within 24 hours and all items are being delivered ina timely manner. The cash back programs are running along with other affiliates and aeroplan deals. As you can imagine, ever since the bankruptcy news, getting stability back was our biggest concern. We are working very hard to win back our customers and vendors because we understand that the faith had dropped. But we want to continue the good work that was being done before. You can also see from our products that we are reasonably priced. Our motto is not to be the cheapest, but to be the most reliable. And we are working towards that. Hope this helps restoring some faith. Regards

By ShopCA T. [SHOP.CA Rep] on 2/13/17

Helpful answer

Questions? Get answers from the SHOP.CA staff and other customers.

SHOP.CA?