US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

lisap188
10/31/16

I ordered an item and was worried as I hadn't heart of this company. After back and forth I received a full refund with a girt coming my way. It was exactly like the poduct, but in a different size. Beautiful sheepskin pillow. Thank you Shop.ca. I will be back !! Lia MH

bellaw4
10/29/16

If you are wondering why your order still not arrived, the reason is shop.ca doesn't pay suppliers money. Please STOP shop at this website, go Amazon.ca or somewhere else which has much better reputation among the suppliers. Remember! If you don't receive your order, call your credit card centre to dispute the payment!

lenac13
10/26/16

If you buy something and want to send it back it will literally take you 10 emails and 5 phones calls to do. Then you'll wait for 2 months to get your money back.
NEVER SHOP HERE!

gordonf12
10/13/16

Where is my product that you charged to my credit card on the 28th of September and has yet to be shipped. Where is your staff, I have sent four E-mails and left three phone messages when you were closed because that is the only time that your machine answers.

leanneh12
10/10/16

I placed an order September 24; still have not received it. No one EVER answers the phone and I have yet to get a response to my email....super annoying. Not impressed at all.

balajig1
8/21/16

I ordered a 50 shoe rack that the website said "ships in 3-4 days", which seemed ok. I was expecting the order to reach in another 3-4 days, making it a total of 10 days that I assumed it would take to reach me. Well, obviously NOT. Order is still in Supplier Processing which I don't understand as a "status". In any case, I called customer care to check the status, and the IVR HUNG UP ON ME!! For the first time in my (pitiful after ordering with Shop.ca) life, an IVR hung up on me with absolutely nothing given or taken. Wrote an email, got a reply within 24 hours with a templated message with "new owners, sorting issues, will seek redemption from supplier etc" balderdash. In the meantime, I have been getting a few nice words from the missus about not ordering from Amazon or somebody who has their act together. Glad that this was only a <$50 mis-experience.

Tip for consumers: Read the title of this review. Pay that $10 bucks extra and order from someplace else.

jackm160
8/8/16

I cannot get anyone on the phone and continually need to send email for support. My first order was cancelled, with no reason given. My second order was filled with a used repackaged item. But I also have a credit for something else and I am trying to use the credit. I ordered an item and it has been sitting in processing for a week now and cannot get anyone on the phone and no satisfaction via email. Once my credit is used, I will not use them again.

sarahh172
4/20/16

I purchased an electronics item which has a 180 day return policy on their website. They refuse to give me a refund on the defect product after 38 days saying that it was only (a) a 30 day return window and (b) the 180 days refers to new-condition, still in packaging items. Who, I ask, makes a purchase and after 175 days decides to return it without ever using it. They advertise a good return policy but there is so much fine print that you will undoubtedly be stuck with whatever you buy from them.

sandran30
3/27/16

I ordered from these guys and took advantage of free shipping promo they had, it took for ever to arrive. I asked to return the item so they charged me for shipping and deducted it from the return.

marcop21
3/19/16

I was lied to and the return policy is way too complicated for me to even bother.
They had this allegedly good discount on a cable I needed for my computer to transfer stuff/data. I previously ordered the same kind of cable at a cheaper price ( 3 times lower than shop dot ca ) After a while of waiting for my previous order from another website that never came I decided to order the same cable (different brand - so I thought) at Shop dot ca because it was on special claiming that the cable used to cost 75$ and was now at 25$. Since the previous website is from China and Shop dot ca from Canada ,I jumped on the occasion to make sure I finally get the cable. 3 days after my order the cable came
( bravo that was fast) HOWEVER the cable came in a freaking Ziploc bag and the brand is a knockoff of the same cable I previously ordered for cheaper. There is no way in hell the cable from Shop dot ca cost 75$ NO WAY! 2 days after receiving their overpriced cable, I received the previous order from the previous website (china).....
.Not only was the cable 10$ (with shipping ) it also came in his original package and the brand of the cable is actually the original brand NOT A KNOCKOFF!
What a shame! I overpaid for something not worth the price! Why lie about something. I knew the offer was too good to be true but god damned I was at least expecting another brand - not a knockoff and something actually worth 75$....its not even worth the almost 30$ (with tax) I paid!

lucyp23
3/16/16

Let's put it this: I WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY AGAIN!
My suggestion: don't go there.

azis1
3/1/16

I bought a pair of shoes from shop.ca recently. The delivery, return policy, customer service were all so annoying and disappointing that I won't shop at shop.ca anymore.

First of all, it took 14 days to deliver the shoes. After I found that they are small, I decided to change them for a bigger size. But, since I had bought them on sales, the customer service told me that you have to pay for the full price. After sending multiple emails and waiting for a week to hear back from them (I had to communicate through email since they never answer phone calls, it seems there is no actuall office or a person to answer the calls), the customer service finally accepted that I can change for a bigger size for the same price I bought the first pair.

Since the service was so frustrating, I decided to return the shoes and asked for refund. When I asked for refund, they first said that they will give me store credit, not any refund. Then again after multiple emails, they accepted to do the refund.

However, they never refunded the whole price I paid for the shoes. I used a coupon of $50 to buy the shoes, besides the money I paid by credit card. They refunded the money, but they did not return my coupon back (stores usually give store credit, when you return an item, for the coupon you use) and they said that your coupon is expired a couple of days ago.

The process of delivery and returne of these shoes took 40 days!!!!!!!! With such a long delivery and frustrating return policy any coupon will expire for sure!!!

queeniey1
2/26/16

Shop.ca refuse to honor the mistake they made. I ordered an OGIO Newt 15 In. Laptop Backpack in Dark Static on the shop.ca a few weeks ago for a discounted price. Shop.ca realize it is an error on their site, so instead of honoring the deal by shipping the backpack, they just shipped a tablet messenger bag to me. if you complaint and request for the company to delivery the correct item, they will just tell you they are out of stock!!!

evaf9
2/10/16

I got the $50 TD card bonus for Shop.ca back in November. I ordered a small food scale and it was defective. So I returned it on Dec 9 and was told by the customer service that I would get a credit. Called a few times, was assured the same but I didn't see no credit. I was out of town in early Jan and called again when I returned in mid Jan. The CS told me that TD offer ended Dec 31. WHAT??? What has that to do with the offer end? I returned the defective (mind you, it's DEFECTIVE) merchandise back in early Dec and was assured that there would be a credit. After much complaining, I was told that Shop.ca would give me an exception for the $50. They really go the extra mile to anger and frustrate their customers when it's so crystal obvious that it's their fault.

By the way, if the above is not a scam, the fact that they grossly jack up the prices is definitely one. Everything is way more expensive than regular prices out there. That's why it took me so long to find even one item to purchase!

samp228
1/14/16

Got the TD credit card $50 bonus credit for SHOP.ca. Bought 2 items, one of them is out of stock, and they refused to refund the full amount as store credit. Only giving me $1.44. Ridiculous! There are lots of shopping website out there. Why pay for such a negative experience? Shop around first. They charge higher, but with poor service and slow shipping. I bought a belt that they charged $25, but their supplier (merchant partner) even put a price tag in the package saying it actually selling it for $9.99.

Tip for consumers: If you're buying something from SHOP.ca, the only i can say is good luck.

andrewh109
1/5/16

Most of the products on this website are over priced. I made the mistake of ordering from them and my order has been processing for a week. I've sent two inquiries through their site to find out when the order will ship and have received no responses. How is this place still in business when Amazon 10 times more efficient? Never again. If I don't hear from them in the next 24 hours, I'm calling my credit card company and cancelling the payment.

nanetteb
12/20/15

I ordered a small guitar in for a Christmas gift. Order was placed November 30, wasn't shipped until December 17, expected delivery is December 30. So much for a Christmas gift, and with all the poor reviews on returns I'm not even going there! This is my first experience with shop.ca
I would stick with other sites.

manonp1
12/11/15

I received a defective Actifry and have been trying for a week to return it. They have washed their hands of this and have told me I have to deal with the supplier. I only want to return this expensive item and don`t want it replaced or repaired since I no longer have faith in the brand. I paid for a new item and certainly don`t want refurbished item bacl. If I had bought this at a local store I could have easily returned it. This is not the case with this website. They wash their hands of you. What a head-ache. I wish I had never purchased from this website.

wendys58
11/18/15

Ordered a guitar amp for a birthday gift back on October 27th. November 17th and still no idea when it will arrive. Emailed them and get nice apologetic replies but no results. used my intro discount but will never use them again.

Update: I did finally get an amp. I think it was few weeks later. The support staff was very apologetic and said it was the supplier and I finally agreed on a floor model for a slightly reduced price. ( the unit was fine and is a good product) . Still, it was for a birthday and was way overdue when they had said it was in stock.

joej59
11/3/15

(They pay Google to promote these ads to reel you into their website)
They advertise a good deal on a Yamaha keyboard piano so I ordered it.
They send me a cheaper model. I tell them, they say return it for a refund their website was a mistake. After reading other peoples complaints I decide not to take a chance shipping it back and maybe it gets damaged and then I would be without the keyboard and the refund.
Shop.ca is only good if you have a $50 off coupon which I did, so it was still a good deal.
Customer service and shipping was fast.

Tip for consumers: Get a $50 off coupon

tonyg53
9/26/15

Guy this website is only good if you know how to use it.
Do not shop until you can find a good coupon. I'll tell you what I did.
I wanted to get some headphones and saw that Audio technica m50x is usually 240 but was on sale for 199, and I found a coupon that gives 60 dollars of credit for items above 175 dollars. I ended up paying about 160 tax included. + free shipping.
That price beats everywhere i searched.
Use these coupons I also picked graphic cards from here and guess what I had 60 dollars off of 180 dollar graphic cards as well. I ve worked at retail before and the store does not make money on computer parts and usually when things are on sale they cannot take additional dollars off because store will lose money on it.
All in all, take advantage of sales and coupons and you will get the best deal in canada. For sure!

leonn6
9/19/15

I have had a great experience with shop.ca got all my stuff quickly and on time and everything seems to be working Great!

ritar5
8/31/15

One month to receive an outdoor furniture set that was supposed to arrive in 5 days.
Another month to have someone pick it up as the set was damaged.
Endless, and I mean endless frustrating hours on the phone struggling to get the arrangements made.
The Shop.ca staff did their best, and I thank them for their efforts, but their hands are tied as all arrangements must be made through the distributor.
Shop.ca is merely the middleman, with no authority or ability to make anything happen should something go wrong.

francoisc1
8/15/15

Got a great deal with a coupon, my order was shipped the next day and was received the day after that.

robk29
8/12/15

So I made my first purchase with Shop.ca after finding a discount coupon on the web. I bought a Blu-Ray TV Series Box set Tuesday morning (7AM) and received it today Wednesday (10:30AM). Other reviewers stated customer support or order issues. My order was packaged perfectly and correctly. I am glad I didn't cancel my order after reading all of those negative reviews!

4 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the SHOP.CA staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
on 11/1/16
Add your answer
on 7/22/15
Answer
roxaneo
A: Hey Lindsay, if your item happens to be damaged during shipment please let us know right away and we will absolutely work with our merchant to ensure that a replacement is sent out to you!
on 2/22/16