Review of SHOP.CA

Tel: 000000000
support@shop.ca

alianah
7/18/17

Why the many negative reviews, each shopping experience is different. Mine with this store turn out to be quite well.

juniorq
6/23/17

If I could give it 0 stars I would. I bought a package as a gift to my girlfriend who lives 3000 kms away. Gave them her shipping address and my billing address so I would receive the bill and she would receive the gift. And what do you think happened. That's right some how I got the gift that I bought for her and she received the bills that were suppose to come to me. Mind u it was suppose to be a surprise for her. Instead I got this unwanted surprise. Bravo. Learning to take time to read would be ideal but it doesn't happen with this company

bb164
6/1/17

Shop.ca is the worst online business I have ever encountered, and I have bought a lot of things. I purchased shoes for my elderly mother, but decided to cancel the transaction within 30 minutes. The procedure for cancellation on their website did not work at all. I finally sent an email, requesting cancellation. Today 4 days later, they processed the transaction anyways, although they were in full knowledge of my cancellation request. I will report the company wherever I can.

Tip for consumers: Don't buy anything through this company.

sarahr152
4/20/17

this site should be taken down, total scam, order nice boots, receive knock off trainers, they chat away about partial refund and keep the trainers, dragging it out, i know i will never see my money or my boots.

erink28
4/17/17

Shop.ca is horrible to deal with. I had put in an order for a pair of jeans and did not receive them, had to email them and they had told me it had been cancelled BUT my mastercard had still been charged. They told me it wouldn't be. I am still waiting on a receipt to tell me that I have been reimbursed the money.

shannonf27
3/20/17

I ORDERED A BANDANA SHIRT FROM SHOP.CA ON JAN 20,2017 I HAVE BEEN MESSAGING A GIRL OLIVIA,.. WHO HAS BEEN GREAT TILL I TOLD HER I WANT MY MONEY BACK CONSIDERING ITS MARCH 20,2017 AND I HAVE NOT RECIEVED MY SHIRT,.. THE SHIRT SAYS ITS IN TRANSIT AND TO BE DELIVERED FEB 28, 2017!! IM NO GENIUS BUT I THINK FEB, 28 2017 HAS LONG PAST!!! IM IN THE PROCESS OF TAKING LEGAL ATION!!

patricks122
3/8/17

I have been a online shopper of amazon.ca/com for years and was really satisfied with it services. But as Canadian I sure would LOVE to support a native Canadian company. But soooo wrong with SHOP.CA !!! It just won't give itself a chance for me to continue to do so.

I have a credit of close to $200 from SHOP.CA from Sept 2015. This month (Mar 2017) I intended to use it to purchase an item from SHOP.CA. However, I was unable to locate it as a payment option at checkout.

On requesting customer service, I was told my credit could not be honored due to management change in July/August 2016 ! The best they can do is to give me a credit of $26.72, which is 20% of my original store credit.

After many email exchanges with my voicing that is an unfair business practice, as a customer I was not informed of such impact due to its management change, let alone given options for responses. This business practice is penalizing customers for their loyalty and invite bad reputation. But all my effort ended up in vain ! I must say the management change certainly did not make its business any better and it just lost another customer. Companies like this should not be in existence, like many other customers have already expressed.

So PLEASE stay away from SHOP.CA despite what your noble intention is. Yes, it is that BAD !!!

irr40
3/7/17

I bought a food processor and I didn't want it after I looked at it. I wanted the more up to date one. I called them and I can't remember whether I printed out the return postage or it was in the box. But anyways I returned it no problem and no expense to me. I am not the one that buys expensive items to look at and send them back but I do make a mistakes every so often and it is nice to know it won't cost me anything. I find some of their products are higher and some are lower. You have to be a smart shopper and I do find good deals here too. It's one of my go to shop places on the net :)

dennish81
2/22/17

Site says if you join you get $15 credit but site wouldn't apply that credit to a purchase I wanted to make.

I called -- and was told to email them. Days later they don't know what I'm talking about but tell me to look, again, for the credits. I send 3 screenshots showing where I was told to look. No credit.

I tell them. Days later they write back and say there is no credit!

What a hot mess.

My first experience with them and it is horrible -- horrible, confused, useless customer 'service'.

I doubt they will be around should I ever need to deal with a repair, warranty, etc.

STAY AWAY!

alexanderv17
2/21/17

I purchased a suitcase that was supposed to be shipped "within 3 business days". A week later, the item's status still showed as "supplier processing". I called their support line where the recording told me that they were experiencing "normal than higher call volumes" (sic). I had sent an e-mail and indeed received a response within their target response time (24-36 hours). Turns out the item was already shipped and waiting for pickup at my local Purolator depot. There was something wrong with shop.ca's online status update system. Otherwise, my experience was good, the item's price was very reasonable, and shipping was fast and free.

Tip for consumers: Use e-mail support if you have any questions re your item and have just a little bit of patience.

yannl7
2/20/17

Best to stay away, canceled order without reason and their package tracking doesn't work if you don't register. First and last time shopping on that site.

jenyar1
2/10/17

I had purchased a pair of jeans. The package arrived, no problem, but the jeans had no tags attached at all and looked like used ones. I had contacted the company the same day, and of course they said that if there is no tags on the item you won't be able to return or exchange it! This is the worst experience ever! Don't buy from them, by the way the jeans arrived from the store called Jean Machine

nicolel79
2/3/17

Horrible company! Everything is over priced and when you leave negative feedback on their Facebook page they delete it immediately. How can you trust a company that does not address issues but hides from them?

jamesw400
2/2/17

I will never ever purchase anything from shop.ca. again. I purchased 4 ESSO gift cards($234 Gas card bundle) from shop.ca before Christmas, but all the price privileges cards which i received from shop.ca are invalid and useless. I tried thousands of times to contact Shop.ca by all means,but I still haven't get connected with shop.ca yet. Shop.ca doesn't provide the customer Service at all. When you call the customer service # 18554746722, it tells you to contact it by email. When you contact shop.ca by email. Shop.ca never reply your email back.

chadd23
2/1/17

I ordered a waffle iron, it came in good time - however I only purchased it to get extra Aeroplan points before the end of the year. I have sent them 10 emails, and called even more to find out why I have not received these points. NOTHING !!! No response.
DO NOT USE THEM GO ELSEWHERE.

alanas11
1/27/17

Do not purchase anything from SHOP.CA. If you do receive your items, you in no way can return anything. They don't reply to email or answer their phone...EVER. I can't believe they are still in operation. Its all overpriced merchandise anyways. They don't even deserve one star on anything, but minus stars are not an option. Don't waste your money or your time!

jimw48
1/26/17

Order Esso gift card, never received anything after one month. Call support phone line many times, on answer. Never reply my email.

kristenj12
1/23/17

Ordered a shirt from shop.ca and they charged my credit card the same day. 3 weeks later still have not received the shirt. You cannot talk to someone at the "customer service" phone number they provide on their website... it goes to voicemail claiming they are receiving higher than normal call volumes and they suggest to email them. I've done so... time will tell if they are able to rectify the situation (I want my money back... I don't care about the shirt).

brandonr44
1/7/17

I have had successful transactions with shop.ca before but this latest one is terrible.

Part of my order was cancelled without notice and the other part has been "Shipping Soon" for 2 weeks. When contacting customer service by e-mail you do not get a response and by phoning their number you are told they are experiencing a higher than normal call volume and the machine hangs up.

Very sketchy. At this point I would like to just cancel my order and purchase from somewhere I trust.

susanc234
1/4/17

Scam take your money and get nothing!!!!ordered products items unavailable took my money. sent many emails no response. i phoned the number and all i got was a recording to send an email.

lizg32
12/30/16

I placed an order on Dec. with confirmation it would be delivered by Dec 23 and as of Jan. 1st, not shipped or any communication with company. I had to suspend my credit card because I did not receive confirmation that this order has been cancelled. It has not even been shipped. No response to my emails - terrible customer service so I will not back!

Laughed out loud when asked to rate customer service. Nobody read the emails - customer service is absolutely terrible. "No notification that you cancelled the order so I cancelled my credit card. By the way, the two agents names did not match. I will never be back.

rudyb17
12/28/16

I placed an order on the 17th of december. I couldn't track my order. I called support, no answer, emailed them never got a human reply other than the auto-reply emails. on the 27th they inform me that the order got canceled. I dont usually wright negative reviews but I had to for this one. bad management deserves a bad review! I hope they will do something about it. This was suppose to be a gift on behalf of a friend, I have to explain all that to my friend now!!!

Tip for consumers: if you cant track your order online, there is a big chance that it was canceled. you get many errors on their website with no good indications.

anitaw17
12/23/16

I would not recommend to any one of u to buy anything from Shop.ca. Don't repeat my mistake. I didn't read the reviews before I ordered. Even after a month I didn't receive my order. But luckily I ordered through PayPal so they took over my case. Otherwise there is no way U can contact these Scamers. They have a no that no one answers and no way u can track ur order even though u have a tracking no.

ellit2
12/18/16

I ordered a Christmas gift for my niece and, even though the website states that the item ships from the warehouse within 7 days, it took 7 days for my order to be confirmed, with no confirmation of shipment. I'm thinking that the warehouse is in China?!

Despite my many emails to shop.ca, with generic replies back to me, and unanswered calls, I have given up hope that shop.ca is actually a legitimate business and has any intention of honouring its customers' orders.

I will NEVER buy from this site again and will warn everyone I know not to shop at this site. I am going to launch an investigation into this company and its parent company, Transformation Capital, and get this website and company shut down for good.

tamarac19
12/13/16

I ordered something and was lied to. The order was placed over 2 weeks ago but it hasn't been shipped out as of yet

Trying to contact them is a joke. I emailed received a generic reply that they would get back to me in 48 hours, that was another lie.

I'm not able to cancel the order and get a refund of $150.00 dollars and no one will contact me. Yet they took my money really quick.

Happy Canadian Shoppers more like Scamming Canadian Shoppers!

Helpful answer

Hey Lindsay, if your item happens to be damaged during shipment please let us know right away and we will absolutely work with our merchant to ensure that a replacement is sent out to you!

By ShopCA T. [SHOP.CA Rep] on 7/22/15
Helpful answer

Hey Amanda, you can definitely use your PayPal account for purchases on SHOP.CA!

By ShopCA T. [SHOP.CA Rep] on 4/29/13
Helpful answer
What is being done about all the negative comments being posted about Shop.ca? Has shop.ca sorted out the bankruptcy and has a future or will it's membership drop and those who remain not get the cashback deals or even have enough confidence and trust to shop with shop.ca with the company seeming troubled. There is not a lot of press about the the current status of the company, more of the past press shows up in searches which has to have a negative effect on consumer confidence and even merchants wanting to sell on shop.ca because of the fear of damaging their brand if consumers are dissatisfied and posting complaints. I would really like to know the answers from someone who actually can answer accurately, not from someone that is just slamming the company or making comments about the costs of product since that has very little to do with the service or dependability of the company. In my opinion trust and service is a bigger concern over getting the cheapest price. Shopping on line shouldn't just be about squeezing every penny out of a merchant, it should be also about getting product reliably, conveniently and having accountability for any problems customers may have. Without getting what your paying for and expecting buying the cheapest possible price that can be found for a comparable product means nothing. I would hope a company focuses on all aspects of why a customers shops with them, not just being the cheapest, I much rather allow someone to make a bit more profit if that allows them to build a better service that is trustworthy and reliable.

Hi Sean, You will notice that we are responding to all comments and have now, finally, resumed normal services. Our email response times are within 24 hours and all items are being delivered ina timely manner. The cash back programs are running along with other affiliates and aeroplan deals. As you can imagine, ever since the bankruptcy news, getting stability back was our biggest concern. We are working very hard to win back our customers and vendors because we understand that the faith had dropped. But we want to continue the good work that was being done before. You can also see from our products that we are reasonably priced. Our motto is not to be the cheapest, but to be the most reliable. And we are working towards that. Hope this helps restoring some faith. Regards

By ShopCA T. [SHOP.CA Rep] on 2/13/17

Helpful answer

Questions? Get answers from the SHOP.CA staff and other customers.

SHOP.CA?