Review of LightInTheBox

LightInTheBox reviews

Beijing, China 100015, China
feedback@lightinthebox.com
Halloween Sale! Up to 90% Off & Free Shipping!
Visit Us

marlaa
1/16/18

This business seems to generate a profit regardless of whether the consumer keeps the product, exchanges the product or returns the product. They provide a size chart that is inaccurate by as much as 8.5" & ask for proof. Once you go to the trouble of proving that their size chart is completely inaccurate, they opt to cooperate, but in a way that leaves the consumer out of pocket & where they still profit from that. They have had 100's of complaints about their size chart (among other things) & the fact that they aren't correcting the chart, in combination with their sketchy business practices, can only leave one reason - they profit from it. They will suggest you pre-pay for duties/taxes - even though you will be charged upon delivery. They'll reimburse the amount you're charged, but that's less than the amount pre-paid. They will not exchange or refund an item at their expense - EVEN after you've proved the problem is with their size chart. They will get rid of previous correspondence so ensure if you've been unfortunate to deal with them, that you keep a record. They will also delay you in an effort to prevent you from being able to seek resolution through your credit card dispute until &/or they will refund a portion to ensure they are able to keep some of your money - while also ensuring your credit card company cannot reverse a full transaction. This is by far the worst company I have ever dealt with. I wanted a wedding dress, we followed their size chart vs. my measurements (performed 3 times to be sure) and they sent me a size 10 that was 8.5" too small so even though the tag says size 10, you will get a size 6-4. No matter what I did to try to get an exchange or refund, they made sure I was out of pocket with them, out of pocket with the post office and they made money & have a tagged, wrapped and unused dress to resell. The way they profit is disgusting.

Response from LightInTheBox F., LightInTheBox Representative
Dear Customer,

We apologize for the dress is not fit properly. But please be noted all our dresses are made based on our own size chart. It is different from your local size chart. We always suggest our customers to take a specific measurements firstly and refer to the size chart to decide which size to take. The dresses might be small if the normal sizes were picked.

We also have taken a quality test on the returned dress and the test shows the dress was made correctly. So we could not cover the return postage for the return of non-quality products.

However, if you confirm the dress was made incorrectly, we'd like to take full responsibility of if after confirming the problem. Our supervisor had conducted new Ticket ID =17329003 in our ticket center and will help you check the case further. please log in your light in the box account--go " personal center"--"my ticket" to check our reply . please keep in touching with us by replying the ticket as all the information will be recorded in system. Thank you for your cooperation.
marilyng27
1/15/18

Okay, so I have waited a period of time before posting this review. I am going to be as honest as possible. I purchased twice from light in the box and both times it has been a case of 'hit and miss'. The second time was in December 2017, where I purchased what I thought was a real human hair wig, it was not human hair it was synthetic. I know this because I purchase human hair all of the time from elsewhere. I tested it using heat and other appliances and it is not real human hair because it burned quickly and would not curl. I contacted LITB and to be fair to them they responded back very quickly and gave me the option to return the item, with postage labels etc. However, the wigs were so bad that I threw them away. They were poorly made and not authentic. I was extremely disappointed to say the least, I was in fact very angry at the time. This is a shame because if LITB gets it right with their goods and services they could be a really good company.

The shipping time for December was okay and to be honest it is what I would expect for this time of year. The goods were delivered in a reasonable amount of time on both occasions.

My advice is to be careful when placing orders. I would not say do not buy anything from them at all, because several other items I purchased were reasonable, not great but Okay. But I would say be careful with the quality of the goods you are ordering and the money you are parting with. In short 'you get what you pay for' and if it is too good to be true then that's because it is.

diannw2
1/12/18

I ordered two smart watches for my grandchildren for Christmas. I placed the order on November 28, 2017. As of this date I still have not received the watches. I have since found out that the watches are coming from Sweden but I can't track them and have no idea if they have even been shipped yet. I have contacted this company several times and have been told that the watches are still in transit. I have asked to cancel the order and have my money refunded which they won't do. The latest response I received from them was they wanted me to give them 60 more days to deliver the watches. I honestly don't know how they are still in business. DON"T USE THEM!!!! THIS COMPANY IS HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Response from LightInTheBox F., LightInTheBox Representative
Dear customer, this is supervisor from Lightinthebox. I'm glad to help you.

Your order was shipped via SwedenPost with tracking number RE228599995SE, which can be tracked follow link: https://t.17track.net/en#nums=RE228599995SE&fc=19244

The last tracking information was updated on 2018-01-12 21:56 ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS), Processed Through Facility, Your item has been processed through our facility in ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS) at 9:56 pm on January 12, 2018.

we are sorry that during holidays season many orders were delayed in transit, please don't worry, we will take full responsibility for that.

As you are valued customer for us, I had conducted ticket ID=17290777# in our ticket center and offer a solution for your case. please log in your account--go " personal center"--"my ticket" to check our reply . please keep in touch with us by replying the ticket as all the information will be recorded in system. Thank you for your cooperation.
suadc
1/11/18

Order Number: 1711241626346657
Order Date: November 24, 2017
Shipping Method: Postal Service - Tracking (10 - 13 business days)

I create Ticket (ID: 17146113 ) , and this is answer from customer sevice
( on January 10, 2018 12:34 PM ):

-----------------------------------------
Dear Customer

We sincerely apologize for the order delay.
We kindly ask you to wait until 6 months from sending the package.
99% of our packages arrive in that time

Sincerely,
Pawel
www.miniinthebox.com
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Incredible !!!!

Reply when I sent message to customer care:

Your message wasn't delivered to Editor@lightinthebox.com because the address couldn't be found, or is unable to receive mail.
10-13 working days from 28 of November - My order !
today, 2018/01/11 - not delivered yet !

Response from LightInTheBox F., LightInTheBox Representative
Dear customer, this is Supervisor from Lightinthebox. I'm glad to help.

we are sorry for all the inconvenience. During the holidays season many orders were delayed in transit, but most of them had been delivered to clients in this month. It's really strange that you have not received the order. We will file a compliant to the carrier company for you. Please don't worry, if there is any problem with your order, we will take full responsibility for that.

In order to keep in touch with you, I had conducted ticket ID=17290545# in our ticket center and offer a solution for your case. please log in your account--go " personal center"--"my ticket" to check our reply . please keep in touch with us by replying the ticket as all the information will be recorded in system. Thank you for your cooperation.
kevinb283
1/4/18

I ordered a parka for my wife on 12/14/17 from lightinthebox.com due to the shipping offered was 3-5 days and shipped from a US distributor. It is now 1/4/18 and I was just told in an email to wait until the 21st of January and let them know if I received my order. Stay away, FAR away, they have done nothing but lie and from what the USPS told me, they printed out a shipping label to make it look like it was shipped,, but in fact only the information from the label was sent to the USPS not the package. Worst customer service I have ever dealt with.

Response from LightInTheBox F., LightInTheBox Representative
This is Customer Service Supervisor from Lightinthebox.

I am really sorry that your package was delayed due to the busy holiday season. After checking, it shows the package was delivered to your address on 2018-01-06. Have you received it?

Online update tracking information: [2018-01-06 11:27 Delivered. Thank you for using SF Express.]

I know your disappointed about the shipping delay. So I had conducted new Ticket ID =17215392 in our ticket center and provide solutions for your case. please log in your light in the box account--go " personal center"--"my ticket" to check our reply . please keep in touching with us by replying the ticket as all the information will be recorded in system. Thank you for your cooperation.
modupef
1/3/18

I ordered a pair of ceiling lights 0n 13 November and they are yet to arrive.The goods were meant to take up to 4-7 days to be delivered. The website site is quite impressing but the service is appalling.My daughter warned me l really wished l listened but it was the only site where l found the lights l really liked

Response from LightInTheBox F., LightInTheBox Representative
This is Customer Service Supervisor from Lightinthebox.

I regret to inform you that your package was delayed due to the busy holiday season. I've checked and find your package has arrived in your country. You will receive it very soon.

Online update tracking information: [2018-01-03 20:23 UK, arrival processing center, from China]

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience it might have caused to you. I had conducted new Ticket ID =17181406 in our ticket center and provide you solutions in order to meet your satisfaction. please log in your light in the box account--go " personal center"--"my ticket" to check our reply . please keep in touching with us by replying the ticket as all the information will be recorded in system. Thank you for your cooperation.
cathyd55
12/31/17
• Updated review

thats us into january now and still no phone has came i am very upset and angry with your company will never order again

Response from LightInTheBox F., LightInTheBox Representative
Dear customer, this is Customer Service Supervisor from Lightinthebox. I am glad to help.

I have checked your order and found that your order is not delayed. It was shipped on 2017-12-09 via DHL eCommerce with tracking number HKAST48551335W2VSH, you may track it follow link:https://dhlecommerce.asia/track/Track?ref=HKAST48551335W2VSH Usually it takes 4-7 business days to complete the delivery, so the order is still in normal transit. Please understand that before shipment there was a processing time to collect and pack item, the information can be found on each product page.

As you are valued customer for us, I had conducted ticket ID=16955501# in our ticket center and provide a solution for your case. please log in your account--go " personal center"--"my ticket" to check our reply . please keep in touch with us by replying the ticket as all the information will be recorded in system. Thank you for your cooperation.
“still no phone”
12/14/17
• Previous review

i ordered a phone from your website on 29th november it was to be here in 7 days still nothing can you help

paulc344
12/27/17

They take money and dont deliver, then they change the rules about their delivery dates and you will never get a human or a refund. SCAM!!!

Response from LightInTheBox F., LightInTheBox Representative
This is Customer Service Supervisor from Lightinthebox. I am glad to help.

I am really sorry that your package was delayed because it's really a busy time for the worldwide carrier. If you don't want to wait any longer, please tell us as soon as possible. I'd like to apply for a full refund for you at once, instead of keeping you to wait any longer.

After review your case, I had conducted ticket ID=17103857# in our ticket center and provide a solution for your case. please log in your account--go " personal center"--"my ticket" to check our reply . please keep in touch with us by replying the ticket as all the information will be recorded in system. Thank you for your cooperation.
brianh258
12/27/17

I have told the company multiple times that I was going to write a bad review and now I am. I wish I had read these reviews before purchasing! EVERYTHING BAD THEY SAY IS TRUE!!! They guaranteed delivery by Dec. 18th, 2017 and it never came! My package apparently shipped out of China, bounced around there for awhile, then landed in New York on Dec. 16th, 2017, I thought it might make it in time. It sat in New York until today Dec. 27th, 2017 thennnnnnnn it updated and was sent to Frankfurt, Germany today!! I live in California! I have been sending them emails asking for a refund every since I started reading these reviews because it is a fraud and I know I will never get this package! I have filed a dispute claim through my credit card company to get my money back and stop it from ever getting to them.

Please for your own good DO NOT buy from this company and just go with another cheap site that will actually ship stuff to you on time and has morales.

Response from LightInTheBox F., LightInTheBox Representative
This is Customer Service Supervisor from Lightinthebox. I am glad to help. Could you please provide an valid order number of yours first? Thank you for your cooperation.
torih10
12/27/17
• Updated review

I received help from a supervisor and a full refund, but only after I made my complaints public. I do not think I would have otherwise because I was ignored when I messaged them on their site.

Response from LightInTheBox F., LightInTheBox Representative
This is Customer Service Supervisor from Lightinthebox. I am glad to help.

I think you got this wrong. We have refunded you the money the minute you sent out the package, not even after we received the returned package first. Then returned package is received. Now we offer you an extra compensation specially for your case.

After review your case, I had conducted ticket ID=16790722# in our ticket center and provide a solution for your case. please log in your account--go " personal center"--"my ticket" to check our reply . please keep in touch with us by replying the ticket as all the information will be recorded in system. Thank you for your cooperation.
“WORST COMPANY EVER”
11/28/17
• Previous review

Do not trust this company. They are the worst to deal with. I ordered 3 junior bridesmaids dresses for my wedding, and after waiting over a month and not receiving them, nor any emails or notifications from the company, I looked into it. I eventually found a message they sent me under their tickets tab on the account that let me know the dresses had been shipped back to them in China. They made me repay an extra charge of $35 to ship them back. Then, they took weeks to get it done. I eventually asked them to cancel the reshipment because I knew they would arrive too late. Instead, they express shipped them to my house and charged me fully for them. WORST COMPANY EVER. Seriously. I asked if I could please return them and was told I had to do so within 14 days. Well, I am sorry that I was already at my wedding and on my honeymoon when they arrived. I am in the process of complaining to a supervisor and will see where that goes.

Response from LightInTheBox F., LightInTheBox Representative
This is Customer Service Supervisor from Lightinthebox. I am glad to help.

Your order is placed on end Augustus, the first package is returned to us because of the Hurricane Houston. Sorry the reshipment did not make it on time.

danw130
12/26/17

Ordered $1,000 of lights. A month later they told me they couldn't find anyone to ship the lights. Refund eventually given. Inquired several times and the company blamed me for not responding to wanting me to pay for the products a second time (before a refund!) so they could use a different carrier. HA. Never again will I use this terrible company.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE THIS SITE. Unless you want them to hang on to your money interest free for a while and then not ship the products you paid for.

Response from LightInTheBox F., LightInTheBox Representative
This is Customer Service Supervisor from Lightinthebox. I am glad to help.

I am really sorry that your package was not able to be shipped due to the system error. For your account safety, we have canceled the order and refunded you the money fully before we could fix the bug. It's totally on us and I will file a complaint to the relevant dept. too.

After review your case, I had conducted ticket ID=17090795# in our ticket center and provide a solution for your case. please log in your account--go " personal center"--"my ticket" to check our reply . please keep in touch with us by replying the ticket as all the information will be recorded in system. Thank you for your cooperation.
dond104
12/24/17

never received my purchase, but after 60 days got full refund after repeated complaints, so they are not as bad as I feared

Response from LightInTheBox F., LightInTheBox Representative
This is Customer Service Supervisor from Lightinthebox. I am glad to help.

The package seems lost on the way, we are not lying about that, and we have refunded you the money fully as requested. 99% of our packages arrives, sorry that your package suffers as the less 1%.

After review your case, I had conducted ticket ID=16917858# in our ticket center and provide a solution for your case. please log in your account--go " personal center"--"my ticket" to check our reply . please keep in touch with us by replying the ticket as all the information will be recorded in system. Thank you for your cooperation.
gsmd
12/20/17

The shop is fraud. I order a dress for a present in wrong size.
After of half an hour I open a ticket to cancel it and I make a new order with correct size.
Next day they send them and told me sorry and I should keep them both.
Also I order a Leather jacket and after of two months I receive a very cheap cotton jacket totally different from the picture.
They are thieves and their products are very low quality.
nobody should buy from them anything

Tip for consumers: dont buy anything from them

Response from LightInTheBox F., LightInTheBox Representative
This is Customer Service Supervisor from Lightinthebox. I am really sorry to hear that one of your orders was not cancelled successfully and another order was wrongly shipped. We'll take full responsibility once we confirm the problems. Please don't be worried.

I had conducted new Ticket ID =17030549 in our ticket center and will help you resolve all the problems in this ticket. please log in your light in the box account--go " personal center"--"my ticket" to check our reply . please keep in touching with us by replying the ticket as all the information will be recorded in system. Thank you for your cooperation.
damonh24
12/20/17

Ordered cell signal booster on the 6th of december and it has yet to arrive (13 days ago) i am rural but they told me 3-4 business days. paid for the customs ins. and good thing too because i got a call from dhl(worst delivery co ever) and they demanded 38 bucks to deliver..and that was a week ago. had to pay, then use lightinthebox ticket system to get reimbursed. something a little shaddy about a company that only has a ticket system for customer inquiries. I went to make a ticket with lightinthebox for not recieving and found that they listed my purchase as delivered. i guess since they paid out the customs $ they think it was delivered? they also use dhl for delivery so no guarantee when it will arrive. they can tell you any delivery time and it means nothing. stick with an online company from your own country and skip the bs. i see lightinthebox repling to these reviews with bs about "go check your tickets". that way it looks like they are resolving things. but really? how about a chat or an email or a phone number? too legit i guess. OMG is trump right?? bad idea to buy from china? you be the fool, er i mean judge. don't want to leave my order number because if it never shows up i don't want to be blackmailed into changing this review to get proper service as i've read in other reviews.
i probably would order this item from them again but only because its not available in my country without considerable mark up, but at least i would be aware of extended delivery times and always get the customs and tax insurance unless your country has a free trade agreement with china. update received Lintratek 65dB LCD Display GSM 850 3G 1900 Dual Band Repeater and is working with a little finesse. get cell network analyzer and made sure it wasn't oscilating.(it was)

Tip for consumers: only if there is no other option in your own country for the item you are buying. and get the customs ins. saved me 38 bucks

paulm486
12/19/17

Products are as described and match their descriptions - delivery could take a while as it is shipped from china.

Would recommend ordering item/s if willing to wait 2 weeks for them to arrive.

Response from LightInTheBox F., LightInTheBox Representative
This is Customer Service Supervisor from Lightinthebox.

I regret to inform you that your package was delayed because it's really a busy time for the worldwide carrier, along with the bad weather in US that will also delay shipment. After checking, the package has arrived in US and is currently in the transit to your city.

Online update tracking information: [2017-12-18 17:39:00 Arrived at USPS Facility BIRMINGHAM AL 35222]

I know this order is very important for you. Please be kindly advised that our company doesn't operate a call center now, so we're sorry that we're unable to provide a hotline for customers to call. But I will try our best to help you resolve the problem in a professional way in the ticket.

I had conducted new Ticket ID =17015193 in our ticket center and provide new solutions for your case. please log in your light in the box account--go " personal center"--"my ticket" to check our reply . please keep in touching with us by replying the ticket as all the information will be recorded in system. Thank you for your cooperation.
yossie
12/15/17

they must go and learn from e-bay how to work
I boute from light in the box for 33$ smart watch .
THe watch arived witout the rear cover, unbeliveblle.
they ask me to send them back this watch an I sent it.
6 weeks pased .
they block my order and I canot contack them.
what is this company-I fill bad from them

Tip for consumers: I am very disapoint from them

Response from LightInTheBox F., LightInTheBox Representative
Dear customer, this is Customer Service Supervisor from Lightinthebox.

Please note that we use ticket center to keep in touch with our clients, we haven't received new ticket from you.

But please don't worry, I had conducted ticket ID=16967550# in our ticket center and provide a solution for your case. please log in your account--go " personal center"--"my ticket" to check our reply .

We have received your return item on 2017-12-05, so we will arrange the refund for you immediately as we promised. please keep in touch with us by replying the ticket as all the information will be recorded in system. Thank you for your cooperation.
bogdanc1
12/10/17

Aunque debes valorar el producto, teniendo en cuenta lo que esta pasando con esta "empresa", no me parece normal que se lleven las estrellas por la buena calidad del producto, no es su merito.

Te dicen que te llega en 6 - 8 dias y te llega en un mes como a mi, eso si tienes suerte algunos han recibido el patinete en 80 dias. Aunque estoy contento con el producto, es la primera y la ultima vez que compro en esta web, es una burla, siempre te dicen "lamentablemente", "espere mas" etc. No tienes ni control del envio, no sabes donde esta tu pedido (mi codigo no se ha actualizado ni ahora) ni nada.

Horrible, terrible, una pesadilla, muy descontento con esta empresa.

Response from LightInTheBox F., LightInTheBox Representative
Este es el Supervisor de Servicio al Cliente de Lightinthebox. Estoy encantado de ayudar.

Lamento mucho que su paquete se haya retrasado debido a la cuestión de despacho de aduana de este lote de scooters, los paquetes originales nos han sido devueltos o destruidos por su oficina local personalizada, lleva algún tiempo hasta que encontremos el transportista legítimo para llevar este producto específicamente, porque es un producto grande, caro y nuevo que causa más atención en el despacho de aduana. Está totalmente en nosotros y también he presentado una queja a la compañía de transportes.

Después de revisar su caso, realicé la identificación del boleto = 16903965 # en nuestro centro de boletos y proporcioné una solución para su caso. por favor inicie sesión en su cuenta - vaya a "centro personal" - "mi boleto" para verificar nuestra respuesta. por favor, póngase en contacto con nosotros respondiendo el ticket ya que toda la información se registrará en el sistema. Gracias por su cooperación.
enishil
12/9/17

After sales support has made this a pleasant experience.

Shipping timing could do better in the future.

Tip for consumers: ....

Response from LightInTheBox F., LightInTheBox Representative
This is Customer Service Supervisor from Lightinthebox.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused by the delayed shipping. I have contacted the logistics department for help to investigate your case and promise to offer a proper solution for your case.

I also realize the previous way to handle your case in the previous tickets was not flexible. In order to resolve the problem in a propre way, I had conducted new Ticket ID =16897012 in our ticket center for your case. please log in your light in the box account--go " personal center"--"my ticket" to check our reply . please keep in touching with us by replying the ticket as all the information will be recorded in system. Thank you for your cooperation.
aleksandrs12
12/9/17

I've ordered a laptop with Shipping Method: Express Expedited (2 - 3 business days) and shipment time < 24 hours.
But this was incorrect: tracking information became available after 4 business days only. I'd ordered this laptop due to only the fast shipment announced - to receive it in USA. And I've not receive it, - delivery takes about 12 days instead of 4; I left USA and was not able to receive this.
I'd raised this to PayPal, the customer support reacted well (after PayPal ticket).
__
So, do not count on in-time delivery (keep this in mind about you could not have it with advertised delivery time). But it still has a normal customer support.
I'll have one more order and will update my feedback in some time

Response from LightInTheBox F., LightInTheBox Representative
This is Customer Service Supervisor from Lightinthebox. I sincerely apologize that the package was delayed due to the busy schedule of the shipping carrier and for the inconvenience caused it may have caused. I took your constructive feedback seriously and have forwarded your case to the logistics department. They will re-evaluate the qualification of this shipping carrier. We promise we will improve our shipping service.

As for your case, i had conducted new Ticket ID =16897240 in our ticket center and help you resolve the problem in the ticket. please log in your light in the box account--go " personal center"--"my ticket" to check our reply . please keep in touching with us by replying the ticket as all the information will be recorded in system. Thank you for your cooperation.
chilombom
12/9/17

I ordered goods on the 26.11.17 worth $96.70 of which $48.62 was for express expedited shipping (3-5 working days), they instead shipped my items via postal services which costs about $2-3 and takes 30 days, they have refused to refund me shipping costs that i paid. To make it worse they say i should receive my items in 180 days, how is that fair? These people are thieves!! DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THEM IT IS NOT WORTH IT!!!!

Tip for consumers: DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SITE THEY ARE FRAUDSTERS

Response from LightInTheBox F., LightInTheBox Representative
This is Customer Service Supervisor from Lightinthebox.

We have checked your order and regret to inform you that your order cannot be shipped using Expedited Shipping. Your order contains "Makeup", a product type classified as dangerous in recent airline shipping regulations. We have no choice but to ship your order via regular Postal Service, which does allow these objects to be transported. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.

But I can fully understand your disappointment with this case. As for your case, i had conducted new Ticket ID =16897167 in our ticket center and provide new solutions for you. please log in your light in the box account--go " personal center"--"my ticket" to check our reply . please keep in touching with us by replying the ticket as all the information will be recorded in system. Thank you for your cooperation.
yolandam32
12/8/17

I pay for some dresses and over a month and several emails back and forth I still didn't get a reimbursement neither the product because the package is marked as getting ready to be shipped from china postal services, there was no activity on the order other than paid and shipped, keep in mind this is an international company so there is no way I could sue the company to get my $$ back. STAY AWAY BIG SCAMMERS....

Response from LightInTheBox F., LightInTheBox Representative
This is Customer Service Supervisor from Lightinthebox. I sincerely apologize for the shipping delay and all the inconveniences caused.We will take full responsibility of it.

Your order was shipped out in three parcels, I have checked them, and found that parcel LS150774085CN had been delivered to you on 2017-11-27. Here is the delivery information: 2017-11-27 15:11 PALM DESERT, CA 92260, Delivered, In/At Mailbox, Your item was delivered in or at the mailbox at 3:11 pm on November 27, 2017 in PALM DESERT, CA 92260. You may check it follow link: http://www.17track.net/en/track?nums=LS150774085CN&fc=03013

The second and third parcel are still in transit, LS171004048CN and LS171004025CN, as it is really a bust time for international carrier, maybe there is delay in transit, I have contacted the carrier and confirmed that you should receive the other parcels within 2 weeks.

As you are valued client for us, I have conducted new ticketId=16890961 in our ticket center and will help you resolve the problem in the ticket. please log in your light in the box account--go " personal center"--"my ticket" to check our reply . please keep in touching with us by replying the ticket as all the information will be recorded in system. Thank you for your cooperation.
kateo29
12/7/17

I ordered shoes and a dress from lightinthebox a month ago and despite the shipping being estimated as 5-7 days I have yet to receive the order or hear from the company. Really upset as they have my money and I have no clothing order! this was meant for my daughters wedding and I had to shop the day before my flight as it hadnt arrived.

Response from LightInTheBox F., LightInTheBox Representative

As for your case, i had conducted new ticketId=16880480 in our ticket center and will help you resolve the problem in the ticket. please log in your light in the box account--go " personal center"--"my ticket" to check our reply . please keep in touching with us by replying the ticket as all the information will be recorded in system. Thank you for your cooperation.
patsyw3
12/5/17

Non recept of shoes
Where are my shoes ordered nov 11 I have had no response from this company despite repeated emails Would not recommend

Response from LightInTheBox F., LightInTheBox Representative

While I've just checked and it shows the package was delivered to your address successfully on 2017-12-06. Have you received it?

Online update tracking information: [2017-12-06 15:16 MOUNT CLAREMONT WA, Delivered]

I had conducted new ticketId=16858442 in our ticket center and will follow up your case and resolve all the problems in the ticket. please log in your light in the box account--go " personal center"--"my ticket" to check our reply . please keep in touching with us by replying the ticket as all the information will be recorded in system. Thank you for your cooperation.

P.S: please be noted all customers can contact us via opening a ticket. We feel sorry we did not receive a ticket from you. Please contact us via open a new ticket next time according to the following link:
rafaelg36
12/5/17

I ordered a smartphone. The processing time was 6 days at most. It's been 11 days already and the package hasn't been sent.

It's my first time purchasing something in this web and it's not being a good first impression...

Response from LightInTheBox F., LightInTheBox Representative
This is Customer Service Supervisor from Lightinthebox. I sincerely apologize for the order delay and all the inconveniences it may have caused. We will take full responsibility of it.

As for your case, i had conducted new ticketId=16858393 in our ticket center and will help you resolve the problem in the ticket. please log in your light in the box account--go " personal center"--"my ticket" to check our reply . please keep in touching with us by replying the ticket as all the information will be recorded in system. Thank you for your cooperation.
valerios1
12/3/17

- The customer service can cancel your order without your permission and give you back only 50% of the money.
- The customer service usually answer 24 hours after the message is sent.
- The customer service is not clear
- The customer service does not read what you tell them.
- The customer service is not willing to help you.
- The delivery time claimed is not real.
- There is no warranty.
- Stay away from this website.

So what happened is that I ordered a product the 24th of November.
They claimed the package would be packed and sent in 24 hours.
I paid the express delivery service, which claimed to deliver the package to my door in less than 8 business days.

The 30th of November, I contacted the Customer Service, as the package wasn't sent yet and there was a delay with the time.

As the customer service used to play around with me, without being clear, I went straight to the point saying that I wanted a full refund, the first of December.
I have read the FAQs and it says that when an order was cancelled, there would be only a 50% refund.

The customer service agent asked me if I was sure to cancel the order.
I answered that I wanted a full refund.

Then, without my permission they cancelled my order.

What happened next, is that I started to ask if there would be a full refund and they did not answer to me.

I did not want things to go this way. They are just ignoring me now saying that the order has been cancelled, even if I did not ask for it.

I noticed that they don't read what you tell them. Even if you tell them your name three hundred times , they will just say "Dear Mr / Ms Customer".
You can write them: "Write Monkey in the replay if you read this, and I will give you 5 thousands dollars". They are not going to write monkey.

Tip for consumers: Do not use this website.

Response from LightInTheBox F., LightInTheBox Representative
Dear Valerio Scandurra,

This is Customer Service Supervisor from Lightinthebox. I’d like to help with all your problems.

Firstly, I am afraid that you misunderstood our cancellation policy. Based on our policy, 50% handling fee would only be charged when customers requested to cancel Made-To-order products after 24 hours of purchase. For example, the Customized size dresses. However, your product is not a Made-To-order product. So it can be cancelled with 100% refund before shipment. We did not mention that you would be charged handling fee for cancellation.

Furthermore, I am sorry that you misunderstood our shipping time. Please kindly note 8 business days is only for shipping, not including the processing time. Before your order is shipped off, we have to process your order and put your item through its strict quality control tests. Your product is not a ships in 24 hours product while we state processing time on the product page. We're sorry that you might haven't noticed this information.

I've checked your previous ticket and found you requested to get back full refund on 2017-11-29. We wanted to make a confirm with you if you would like to cancel the order. You answered that you were "looking forward for a full refund". So we cancelled your order and have completed 100% refund EUR135.12 for you on 2017-12-01. Please understand we could only provide full refund after the order is cancelled.

If you think the responses we provided in the previous ticket were not clear, I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused. We will take your constructive feedback seriously and promise to improve our service.

For more information of your case, i had conducted NEW ticketId=16758329 in our ticket center and will provide you details of the 100% refund. please log in your light in the box account--go " personal center"--"my ticket" to check our reply . please keep in touching with us by replying the ticket as all the information will be recorded in system. Thank you for your cooperation.
2 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Hello, I bought a few things and the quality was not very good and the sizing was totally wrong. I also bought a cellular charger and the battery inside was not soldered correctly. Lightinthebox has great price, but you pay for what you get, which isn't much. I have stopped buying from them.

By Michel R.

We didn't buy a dress but the sizes are very small and the returns policy is a joke.I ended up losing money.

By Nanda T.

Dear Customer, thank you for your inquiry. We're really sorry that our company made you feel nervous. Please kindly note that the total delivery time = processing time + shipping time. So for the arrival date of your package. It depends on the processing time of the product and the shipping method you choose. About the processing time, please kindly check the processing time on the product page. About the shipping time, you mentioned you paid extra fee for faster delivery. If the service you chose was expedited shipping, normally it takes 3-4 business days for shipping. If it's standard service, then 5-8 business days for shipping. If the order is delayed, we'll take full responsibility of that and you can contact us through tickets. You can refer to this guide to contact customer service:http://www.lightinthebox.com/knowledge-base/c1192/a2974.html We're really sorry that you might feel nervous for the negative review you saw. However, please trust us that there might be some misunderstanding between us and those customers who left the negative comments. We'll do everything to satisfy our customers. Our company might not be a perfect company but we will always take responsibility if we make mistake. Also, we have a lot of positive review, so we hope you could just give us the chance to enjoy our service and to prove our service quality by your own judgement . Your kindly understanding and cooperation are highly appreciated.

By LightInTheBox F. [LightInTheBox Rep]

Dear Customer, we do recommend to you to refer to the size chart on each of the clothes first and then pick a suitable size for you.

By LightInTheBox F. [LightInTheBox Rep]

Will you send us your order number so that we can check?

By LightInTheBox F. [LightInTheBox Rep]

No UK number...don't even know whether American number is legit....I suspect not...tried four email addresses and all failed...in my opinion these people should be exposed for what they really are!!!

By Julie K.

you NEVER get your money back... dont use them. i am amazed this company is allowed to trade, I am sure we have law's against this kind of practise.

By andrew b.

why don't you create a ticket in your order section. In track my package link you will get ask customer services. And ask detailed question and leave a phone number. They always reply to tickets within a day. And they might help as well to resolve the issue.

By reshma s.

Suggest not to buy. Might end up not receiving the order or received the wrong size and would be returning and paying shipping or requesting a refund or not receiving a refund at all. There's more legit company like Amazon where I bought the same one I ordered from Lightinabox, which I did not received. Sorry, but I would not trust this Co for anything. It' up to you to take the risk.

By daniel l.

Dont buy anything from this site. The picture is good, the object quality is garbage. You will be cheated and loose you money.

By Jack B.
Questions? Get answers from the LightInTheBox staff and other customers.

137 Photos for LightInTheBox