Review of LightInTheBox

Beijing, China 100015, China
feedback@lightinthebox.com

karolyk2
1/27/20
Csak ajánlani tudom az oldalt. rengeteg hasznos termék található meg rajta és nem utolsó sorban nagyon kedvező áron.
sjs13
1/25/20
This company haved much products with a low price. I hope that the products who this company saled are good and make by people who are free and that the have a good life for their work.
andys300
1/25/20
I have not received my package. No response from customer service.
Please, stay away from this company.
Response from LightInTheBox F., LightInTheBox Representative
Dear Customer, we would really like to help, but we found out you left this review without any order number.
michelt22
1/24/20
Hello
Good Chinese store
They send quickly the products on five days
The electronics articles are very good quality the chargers work fine for fast charge 3.i recomendo this site
zulfa
1/24/20
Where do i start?
Ordered xmas presents on 3rd december 2019.
I received my order. Found all clothing too small (ordered to all sizes as illustrated on web site)and raised a ticket immediately on the 12th December 2019.
They wanted proof via images and tape measure, which i provided.
i asked them to organize returns. they offered 50% refund and not to return.
i told them that all the clothing was useless to me and 50% would not cut it.
i therefore suggested that they send me an alternative item and to check against my measurements that i provided.
to achieve this, they had to discount and increase by 50% to 64%.
they agreed BUT only 32% refund and 32% store credit (of which i had to spend 200%)
they did not refund my postage on my original purchase.
to top it off, they wanted me to pay the postage again.
THE CLOTHING was SUPPOSED TO BE CHRISTMAS SHOPPING, WHICH WE HAD TO SPEND MORE TO MAKE SURE MY FAMILY DIDN'T DO WITHOUT.
2 MONTHS LATER, I'M STILL BEEN BATTERED WITH BY CUSTOMER SERVICES.
I am registered as disabled and housebound. the web is my only way to contacting the outside world and this company is a j*ke!!!!
tm407
1/23/20
I ordered one pair of shoes on 1/6/20 it's now 1/23/20 and my status is still reading "in process". They have their money and will not give me a specific arrival date when I asked online several times. My order number is *******135518905. I notice they give a generic auto response for every compliant I have read, requesting the order number to fix the problem. Well there's mine! I'm going to contact my back and cancel this payment.
Response from LightInTheBox F., LightInTheBox Representative
Hello TM,

My name is Fabio and I am the supervisor who's taking care of your case. I feel sorry that you haven't received enough help about your order # 35518905 but please don't worry.

I am here to help you out solve any problems affecting your purchase.

I feel sorry to hear that.

Based on our records, the carrier has requested us to rectify your phone number was it seems to be either wrong or in an incorrect form.

I kindly ask you to please provide us with your correct phone number so that we can fix this for you.

The phone number we have is: *************

Thank you very much for your kind support.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me and I will be keen to assist you in a tailored way.

You can access this ticket at https://bit.do/litb-box?id=20304360

Sincerely,
Fabio
LightInTheBox Customer Service
nathand218
1/22/20
Placed order and ~2 weeks later the status still said "processing". So I canceled the order (took a few days just for a response to my support ticket) which is now "closed", after being told I would receive a refund as credit on my account. Going on close to 10 days later now and still no supposed credit added on my account.
stevent290
1/21/20
This company is absolutely dishonest.
This company is absolutely dishonest. I would not recommend buying anything from them. If you have having trouble with them, I would urge you to do what I did: Contest the charges with your bank or credit card provider and file a complaint with the police.

Here is the story:
I purchased a lamp, which was delivered in a damaged state. The company systematically put up road blocks to my returning the item and receiving a refund. Finally after a month, they said that I could send the item back to China for a refund. However, to do so I would need to state on the customs declaration that the package was a gift. The reason for this is that they do not want to pay customs taxes. In essence, they were requiring me to commit fraud in order to receive a refund. That is clearly illegal.

Here is what I did:
I contested the charge with my bank and credit card provider so that the money would be refunded. I also reported the company's demand that I commit fraud to the German police and the European tax authorities. I am still awaiting the results, but the bank assured me that I would receive a refund for the charges.
Response from LightInTheBox F., LightInTheBox Representative
This is Customer Service Supervisor from Lightinthebox. I am glad to help.

We sincerely apologize for the Light is not meeting your satisfaction and for all the inconveniences it may have caused. We will take full responsibility for this problem. Please don't be worried.

Please be advised that usually we need your cooperation to return the defective light back firstly. Based on our policy, we could only issue you full refund after we receive the return package. And we will cover the return postage incurred.

However, I can fully understand your disappointment. In order to meet your satisfaction, I had conducted new Ticket ID =20297763 in our ticket center and provide a SPECIAL solution for your case. please log in your light in the box account--go " personal center"--"my ticket" to check our reply . please keep in touching with us by replying the ticket as all the information will be recorded in system. Thank you for your cooperation.
rominah1
1/18/20
Its easy to shop with good prices!Its comfortable to search and find everything you were looking for!
danielaq3
1/18/20
Alcuni abiti avevano taglia perfetta, ottimi tessuti, ottimo rapporto qualita prezzo. Ultimo abito ricevuto ottimo tessuto (e' acrilico ma sembra seta), ottimo ptezzo ma taglia piccola rispetto a quanto dichiarato su internet e ho atreso consegna per oltre un mese. Dovro' regalarlo a qualche amica piu magra di me perche per un importo cosi basso non avrebbe senso fare pratica reso.
Inoltre, con altro ordine, avevo acquistato lingerie sexy, tutta risultata insoddisfacente per taglie effettive molto molto piu piccole di quanto dichiarato in etichetta e su internet. Vestono una taglia italiana 44/46 invece di una 52/54. Ho dovuto gettare tutto, circa 30 euro tra merce e spese spedizione. Ho provato a chiedere reso e ho scoperto che non esiste reso per articoli intimo/lingerie, come specificato nelle condizioni henerali che io, come tanti, ho letto con superficialita'. Pero', secondo me, sarebbe meglio indicare sulle pagine di lingerie che tassativamente non si accettano resi.
Response from LightInTheBox F., LightInTheBox Representative
Gentile cliente, vorremmo davvero aiutarti, ma abbiamo scoperto che hai lasciato questa recensione senza alcun numero d'ordine.
Ci dispiace per quello. Per favore, potresti fornire il tuo numero d'ordine?
Per noi è importante aiutarti e risolvere il tuo problema. Grazie.
syeda109
1/16/20
i bought 4 time on this site all services better than other i cvan recommend this site for international buyers
jacquelinnev
1/16/20
I placed an order (1/10/2020) for 4-7 business day delivery but when I checked status of my order it said estimated shipping date over a month after I placed order (2/20/20), which it didn't tell me before checkout. However, they did refund all my money even though it had been over 24 hours after I had purchased (their policy states order has to be canceled within 24 hours of placing order to get full refund).
karlaf32
1/11/20
Excelentes productos, exactamente como se muestran en la web, muchas gracias por su amable atención, aquí consigo todo lo que imaginé.
robertot30
1/11/20
Complimenti per il prodotto davvero all'altezza di quanto visto acquistato. E stato un vero piacere comperare da voi, Lo consiglierò.
felicityg7
1/5/20
I bought a watch which never arrived. There is no way to even report this to them because they have erased my order and there is no way to contact them that i can find except going through an existing order. i kept copies of the order and tracking info in a word document but there is no way to share this with them and ask for my purchase or a refund.
elliotts30
12/30/19
Ordered several T-shirts and used their US size tables and they sent me whatever sizes they wanted to... Got the wrong sizes and they will not fix the problem.. They want me to send them back to China and pay for it even though it was their mistake... Which they are saying very silly things after many emails... They apparently do not understand US customer service and how to please the customers.. Just trying to get out of doing anything.. Wants me to take pictures of the size labels ? I asked them how do they not know what they sent me, but I get double talk from them... Better find a better place to buy your t-shirts otherwise you will go through this same problem as myself.
Hope this helps you make your buying decision..
Response from LightInTheBox F., LightInTheBox Representative
Dear customer,

We regret to hear that all the clothes don't fit.

But please be advised that all our clothes are made based on our own size chart. As our size chart is not US size, you need to measure yourself first and refer to the size chart to decide which size to take. If you just pick normal US size without refer to the measurements, the clothes always do not fit. We appreciate your kind understanding in advance.

Based on our policy, customers will be responsibiity for the return postage incurred for the return of non-quality products. You can check the return policy statement in following link.

However, as we truly value you as our customer, could you please provide us with your Order Number, so we can further check your case? We will try to find a better solution for you.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in advance.
annat199
12/29/19
I bought two duvet covers and I am satisfied with the products, they are as I had seen from the photos and the value for money is good. Customer support is also excellent, they replied the next day and they solved a small shipping problem, sometimes we are too impatient to receive the goods! I am happy with my purchases so I gave 5 stars.
Feedback
nensib
12/29/19
I have bought a lot from them. First 2 times they have returned additional customs fees to me but on last 5 orders they have erased my orders on my account so that I can't open a ticket, can't send DHL's bills for them to return the money because I have payed that option, I have received 10 items that doesn't look anything like the items bought (advertized) - instead of jacket I have received a blouse of terrible material that look like that jacket in some way, instead of white winter coat I have received a hoodie, etc. When I somehow find a way to send bills to them and ask why they have erased orders from my account, they have just closed a ticket and you can't do anything! Also, you don't have an option to delete your account. Not to mention that packing is terrible, everything is stuffed together and shoes, bags, hats after you pull them out you can't return the shape on them again...it stays squashed.
I was pleased at first to find another good site to order stuff but after all that has happend, I have a bitter taste in my mouth and hope that my review will prevent them to cheat and rob other people!!!!
Response from LightInTheBox F., LightInTheBox Representative
Dear Customer, this is Customer Service Supervisor from LightInTheBox. It's my pleasure to help you.
May you please provide me with your order number and describe the problem? I'll be happy to check your case and solve it to you satisfaction.
I am looking forward to hear from you. Thank very much for reaching out
andreasr21
12/25/19
Unkompliziertes Einkaufen sehr große Auswahl und gute Qualität mit vielen Vorteilen für jeden Geschmack etwas bei Problemen kein Problem man kümmert sich sofort darum
kevink735
12/23/19
• Updated review
I guess, to add to the fiasco, I won't be able to give the Christmas gifts from that order since I haven't received anything ...
The customer service told me I can refuse package to get refund, what I will do.
Thing is, will I ever get my 196$ money back?
Seems like a totally dishonest business, really disorganized. 7-13 days shipping is only bull$#*!.
Stop encouraging that kind of business when there are real reliable out there!
Response from LightInTheBox F., LightInTheBox Representative
Dear customer,

We do really want to help you, but unfortunately we are unable to help you without an Order Number. We asked the order number before, but you did not send it to us until now.

Could you please provide us with your Order Number, so we can check and resolve your problem in a timely manner?

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in advance.
“Buggy app, small dishonest print, do not honor shipping type NEVER AGAIN”
12/5/19
• Previous review
Ordered Nov 11th 2019 (a jacket I needed for a special event on Dec 13 2019), and I took the 7-12 days shipping. Nothing received on Dec 11th...

Customer service told me to open a case if I don't have it by Dec 17th (even though I told them I needed before and choose shipping method accordingly). Yep, they told me to wait 20 business days after the 8 days it already took to ship.

Latest reply from Customer care says "most of the packgaes can be delivered in 60 days" and to contact them if I don't receive by 2020-01-18. "Case Resolved" and ticket closed...

F U LightInTheBox ! I have been ordering online for decades for myself and 2 businesses... never seen such a disorganized low crap business/service.

DO NOT BUY AT LIGHTINTHEBOX !!! Other BETTER options are:
AliExpress, Gearbest (better REAL customer service), DHgate, BangGood
Response from LightInTheBox F., LightInTheBox Representative
Dear customer,

We apologize for the problem. As for your case, could you please provide us with your Order Number, so we can check and solve problems in timely manner?

Thank you for your understanding in advance.
katerinak23
12/19/19
I was always surprised by the accuracy of my order and the exact dates of receipt. It's a fantastic shopping site. It's the best I've ever tried. I don't change it!
hermand21
12/19/19
First of all I want to thank you very much for all the great deliveries.
This watch and my previous purchases of watches and other articles are special quality for a price that is less than 25% of the other sellers.
The contacts I have with your employees have always been special. I never had to formulate complaints. Only one delivery (out of many) was not 100% okay, I told you with a photo and I immediately received a 100% perfect item.
Big congratulations and my sincere thanks for our very good relations.
With my most appreciation,
jayy54
12/18/19
Ordered a clothing item from this company on Dec 10. Although it says that it will arrive in 5-9 days, it has never arrived. Customer service gave standard answers which are not helping, and request to refund and expedite orders was met with silence. Avoid using this site at all costs.

Order Number: *******335190889
Ticket Number: 20129877
Response from LightInTheBox F., LightInTheBox Representative
Hello there,

My name is Fabio and I am the supervisor who's taking care of your case. I feel sorry that you haven't received enough help about your order # 35190889 but please don't worry.

I am here to help you out solve any problems affecting your purchase.

I feel sorry for what has happened.

Please note that the product you've purchased has a processing time of 3-6 business days, as it's indicated on the page itself.

We think you might have missed to take that into consideration. In fact, the estimated shipping date shown on your account was Dec. 20th.

This being said, I can see you required a cancellation of your order. We are really apologetic for that.

We're cancelling your order now.

Thank you very much for your kind support.

If you need any further information, please contact me and I will be happy to help you.

You can access this ticket at https://bit.do/litb-box?id=20174432

Sincerely,
Fabio
LightInTheBox Customer Service
izsoa
12/10/19
Az eddig vásárolt ruhákkal maximálisan meg voltam elégedve. A méret kiválasztáshoz nagyon jól használhatóak a mérettáblázatok. Egyszerű gyors fizetés. Biztonságban, időben érkező csomagok. Remélem a páromnak karácsonyra rendelt ruhák is pont olyan jók lesznek, mint nekem a nőiek.
jingl6
12/8/19
I want to give a zero star if I could! I ordered 5 dresses on 11/13, Total: 248.24, I received all item on 11/29, The color, size, style, and material nothing like the picture, I contact the customer service immediately and request return ticket ( I followed the return policy on their website), The response is offered me 30% off, and let me keep the item. I say no, They are junks, and none of them fit. No response after till now.
Response from LightInTheBox F., LightInTheBox Representative
Dear customer,

Thank you for your understanding in advance.
2 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Do not buy clothes from them

By Wing H.

We didn't buy a dress but the sizes are very small and the returns policy is a joke.I ended up losing money.

By Nanda T.

Dear Customer, thank you for your inquiry. We're really sorry that our company made you feel nervous. Please kindly note that the total delivery time = processing time + shipping time. So for the arrival date of your package. It depends on the processing time of the product and the shipping method you choose. About the processing time, please kindly check the processing time on the product page. About the shipping time, you mentioned you paid extra fee for faster delivery. If the service you chose was expedited shipping, normally it takes 3-4 business days for shipping. If it's standard service, then 5-8 business days for shipping. If the order is delayed, we'll take full responsibility of that and you can contact us through tickets. You can refer to this guide to contact customer service:http://www.lightinthebox.com/knowledge-base/c1192/a2974.html

By LightInTheBox F., LightInTheBox Representative

Dear Customer, we do recommend to you to refer to the size chart on each of the clothes first and then pick a suitable size for you.

By LightInTheBox F., LightInTheBox Representative

Will you send us your order number so that we can check?

By LightInTheBox F., LightInTheBox Representative

No UK number...don't even know whether American number is legit....I suspect not...tried four email addresses and all failed...in my opinion these people should be exposed for what they really are!!!

By Julie K.

Dont buy anything from this site. The picture is good, the object quality is garbage. You will be cheated and loose you money.

By Jack B.

Suggest not to buy. Might end up not receiving the order or received the wrong size and would be returning and paying shipping or requesting a refund or not receiving a refund at all. There's more legit company like Amazon where I bought the same one I ordered from Lightinabox, which I did not received. Sorry, but I would not trust this Co for anything. It' up to you to take the risk.

By daniel l.

you NEVER get your money back... dont use them. i am amazed this company is allowed to trade, I am sure we have law's against this kind of practise.

By andrew b.

why don't you create a ticket in your order section. In track my package link you will get ask customer services. And ask detailed question and leave a phone number. They always reply to tickets within a day. And they might help as well to resolve the issue.

By reshma s.
Questions? Get answers from the LightInTheBox staff and other customers.

LightInTheBox?