Review of LightInTheBox

feedback@lightinthebox.com

rosim3
Rosi M.
9/19/19

ich habe jetzt schon 3x dort eingekauft, das Preis-Leistungsverhältnis ist echt super.
Bei den Größen sollte man aufpassen, es macht Sinn eine Nummer größer zu nehmen.
Ich kann diese Seite empfehlen

michaels2609
9/17/19

Do not order anything from this company if you need it by the time frame they claim. Both their packaging
and shipping time frames have been significantly longer than stated. I have communicated many time with them and have put in trouble tickets. Every time I get some very lame excuse and they close the ticket with zero resolution. I even told them before they shipped not to ship as I could tell they would arrive late based on the processing delay. They shipped anyway. I can tell it will be a battle to return and get paid paid back.
I suggest you trust very little of what they have on their site and what their customer service people tell you. It is clear they will say anything to get the product sold.

it has now been months and still no refund.

Response from LightInTheBox F., LightInTheBox Representative
Dear customer,

We regret to hear about your problem. As for your case, could you please firstly provide us with your Order Number?

Please also advise us more details about your problem, so we can check it and resolve it in a timely manner. We promise to take full responsibility once we confirm our problem.

kristinam149
9/16/19

I have a good experience with this site,i like all the products I ordered and they are exactly as in the description

ruia6
9/15/19

I AM VERY HAPPY WHIT CUSTOMERS AND PRODUCTS
IS THE FIRST HOUSE WHERE I BUY OUT OF MY COUNTRY
AND PROFEESSIONALY I NOW THE SYSTEM.

deet65
9/13/19

I was simply disgusted by the cheap quality of the items I ordered. I ordered handbags and they were very poor, badly stitched, one with tears on it and all badly creased and dinged after being crammed into the box that it was delivered in. And charge unexpected custom tax on top of it all. I feel so conned and hope that someone reads this and doesn't fall into the same trap

Response from LightInTheBox F., LightInTheBox Representative
Dear Customer, we would really like to help, but we found out you left this review without any order number.

We feel sorry for that. Please, could you provide your order number?
For us it's important to assist you and solve your problem. Thank you.
nielsk15
9/13/19

No matter what you need (or even think you dont need but buy anyways), great prices and great service! Shipping takes some time but that should not be an issues due great low prices!

bestf12
9/11/19

T10 Car Light Bulbs 10w W SMD 5050 10lm lm 5 Interior Lights
Great Car Light Bulb. Very good quality with excellent price. Works perfectly. Very happy with this purchase and would buy again. Highly recommended.

dimitrism9
9/8/19

No matter the stuff I have bought so far, I have found it in an easy way. Regarding the price and quality, everything is value for money. So far, I have never needed an after market service. Thnk u Lightinthebox.com

marthar123
9/5/19

I ordered 3 shoes. Two were advertised to ship within 24 hours. I tried to cancel one of these within 2 hours of ordering it but was told it could not be cancelled because it had already shipped. That was 3 days ago. There still is no tracking number for it. I paid for expedited shipping on all 3 shoes because I need one for a wedding and hoped that one of the 3 would fit and work for me. Now the estimated shipping date has been pushed back on the other 2 shoes so far that neither of them will get here before I leave town for 5 weeks. I am trying to cancel them, but have not been able to.

Response from LightInTheBox F., LightInTheBox Representative

We feel sorry for that. Please, could you provide your order number?
For us it's important to assist you and solve your problem. Thank you.
robina119
9/3/19

I ordered my dress 3 months in advance... still haven't seen it. They send many emails with "tracking" information. Hahaha. You can't track anything. DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING from these guys.

Response from LightInTheBox F., LightInTheBox Representative
Dear customer,

We apologize for the problem. Could you please advise us with your Order Number, so we can help check your package status?

#1900966
peterm739
9/2/19

The wrong size men's shoes arrived. They said send them back by ordinary mail and it was my fault for ordering the wrong size. I wear size 10 and a half but I ordered size 8 and a half according to them. Yeah right. No refund. They said they didn't get them and I had to provide tracking info.but of course there is no tracking info with ordinary mail. Eventually they admitted they got them and refunded two thirds of the price. But I''m also out $22 for postage so I've lost more than half my money. Never again.

Response from LightInTheBox F., LightInTheBox Representative
Dear customer,

We apologize for the problem. Could you please advise us with your Order Number so we can further check it for you?

#1899919
darrenp58
9/2/19

great shopping experience and easy to use,
easy to use website and the prices are at a great prices, even when there is not a sale, maybe a little to much pricey when no sale but the protects eg the tshirts i order are great fitting and feel ...
i fully recommend the website

ja228
8/29/19

less than a month ago I bought two clothes, to be honest I was afraid they wouldn't arrive.
However, I bought them from Mexico and they sent them to Venezuela for a loved one and they arrived at the destination, perhaps with a little delay, however the product arrived safely, completely and in good condition.
simply the people who received the gifts loved them. thank you very much for helping me send you a great gift

Tip for consumers: take patience
Delays when receiving the products is not their problem,
Many times it is from postal companies or services. "lightinthebox" serves its customers well

takisl
8/29/19

I just made a big order and looking forward to do another one great little (and big) things to get in great low prices till the time to order more this is my review

roslynm5
8/25/19

I've bought a number of items from LightInTheBox - jewellery, men's shirts, women's clothing, & handbags. All of which have been good quality. They are a little slow for delivery, but not too bad. I can recommend this company to anyone.

daveo64
8/25/19

We have bought a dress for a wedding on the 8th of the month, with priority line shipping ("4-7business days"). We still have not recieved it after the wedding at the end of the month. Despite I paid an extra sum of money, for the """"faster""" delivery.
You also can't file a normal complaint. The do the turn to a different division trick. So you cant get to someone whom could actually help you with your problems or claims.

Response from LightInTheBox F., LightInTheBox Representative
Dear customer,

We apologize for your problem. As for your case, could you please firstly advise us with your Order Number?

We will further check what caused your problem and then find a proper solution for you.

#1891292
soniap51
8/25/19

Article de bonne qualite, taille impecable.
, conforme au descriptif
Livraison dans les delais
Tres satisfaite

stephaniep233
8/25/19

J'ai reçu une très belle paire de clous d oreilles conforme à la description, dans un délai rapide. Je recommande le site !

anthonyb416
8/25/19

Shopped then purchased items needed for a wedding. Items were delivered quickly with great results.Will be doing more shopping in the future.

fleciam
8/24/19

Their customer service good and is up to stander,they deliver in time and good quality products.I recommend them 100%.I will definitely buy again especially the hair.

rons457
8/22/19

lightinthebox has no customer service--just someone monitoring this site---kicking cans down the road.
This company takes customer service to a new low. They put up a firewall to customer service, by using sweet, but vague distractions.
They give will give you a fake address for returns. Here is the address I got through my Paypal inquiry: lightinthebox l will not give you the address on the first ask (or the 2nd or 3rd) so I had to get it from Paypal. I was told to have no discussion with lightinthebox and to buy tracking, proof of delivery and insurance. The address they gave me is the one below.

---------Paypal address for lightinthebox (don't try it)--
-""" Light in the Box Limited Guangdong Dongguan, China, contact Wei guodi (Guanddon Dongguan China) Address: No. 60, Xinyuan Road, Songbailang Management District, Dalang Town, Dongguan City Guandong Province, China CHA KWO LING, HONG KONG ISLAND HK."""
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Imagine trying to put that on the standard shipping label. There is only a short line for the name, street, city, state & country. Which is which on this address? The package came back like the dead cat from "Pet Sematary" but it was three months later. No such address. I was out an extra hundred dollars in postage. Others on this site have had worse experiences, with lightinthebox supposedly accepting packages but refusing to acknowledge them. In China it is common to hand down clothes to other family members and that's what they wanted me to do. Then they told me to pay forward by donating to charity and taking a loss in order to get a tax break.
Lightinthebox acts like a victim in all this. They blame the Post Office, the customer or another department. If something is the wrong size, it is automatically the customer's fault, even though their size chart is off by a mile. Quality is consistent with Communist sweat shops. Oh wait, China is a communist country. Their problems go beyond an order number (which they can't even look up anyway) and they stack order numbers by having you order more things with a discount code and then they cancel that order and allow the rewards to expire before you find out the order was cancelled. You can see how one problem with one order becomes several problems snowballing all at once. I have received well over 200 emails telling me they do not accept order numbers. Here's just one of them:
-----------------------------message from lightinthebox-----------------------
"""Your recent email to Lightinthebox could not be associated with a
specific ticket.We regret to inform you that we CANNOT link your reply to a specific ticket."""
They do not acknowledge or use order numbers. My good nature and patience are being exploited. My refund is overdue by several months. Roadblocks and spikes on the road are a way of life when dealing with lightinthebox. Last I checked, they have blocked my emails, so all conversations are one way only. Of course the chat option on their website doesn't work (anyone surprised?) and they have no phone number. (again, is anyone surprised?)

I furnish my ticket number and order number every time I contact them, but it does not good, because they close my open tickets so that there my problem goes to purgatory with no access. The ticket always says resolved and though they will tell you to open it, it will not open and even they can't open it.. From there, there is no place to go. They have asked for product numbers, order numbers, email numbers, and that's where your problem goes for burial. Below is one of many patent ansers you get from them. They ae vague answers designed to lead nowhere fast. These emails to resolve problems become more vague and less frequent over time. They hope you will forget about them if you have to jump through so many hoops. When I ask for a refund, or even reinstatement of my rewards, they don't respond with anything that makes sense. At first they talk about the prospect of a 10% discount code to be used on a larger order in lieu of other compensation. If you say yes, you are done. If you say no, you are done. It is a game of delay and kick the can down the road and blame some other department. Here it is verbatim.
-------------------------------message from lightinthebox---------------------
"""I'm so sorry that I didn't give a solution to your problem. I take full responsibility for my actions and deeply regret the inconvenience that it must have caused you. I apologize for my unguided actions. In the future, I will be sure to ask several questions from my customers to fully understand the situation before offering a solution. I hope you can forgive me and that we can continue to work together if you have any more support needs. Note; I forward again your case to the responsible party I waiting for an answer. Let me know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns.
Best,Yuneydi"""
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A few days ago I sent Yuneydi a request for a progress report and today he sent this to me.
--------message from lighinthebox-------------------------------------
Dear Customer,

I Send your case to my supervisor in charge, I'm waiting for answers.

Once I receive answers I will contact you.

Dont worry, we are following your case

----------the preceeding a message from lightinthebox------

I'm reminded of the John Lennon quote: "Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." We also heard that more recently in the comedy movie...The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel". As I said, the ball gets kicked down the road with haripin turns. .

Response from LightInTheBox F., LightInTheBox Representative
Hello there,

This is supervisor Fabio. I was informed that you haven't received enough help for your order. I'm sorry for that.

Since I really care about your satisfaction, I'd rather prefer to sort it out for you on my own. Please trust me that I'll try my best to help you.

I feel sorry for the trouble occurred. Firstly, the email you used to contact us is not for customer care. So our staff has helped get you in touch with our service.

Normally, you could create a ticket under your account by yourself. Since you did not wish to do that, our staff helped you out.

Secondly, we are not sure which order number you referenced because you didn't provide any on your review. Based on the correspondence via mail, it might be 190401100032596049.

But if so, this order results already full refunded. So we're confused on your request. Please kindly advise,

P.S. We have no " fake " return address. But our return address is not in Hong Kong, it's in China mainland. So, we're not sure why you sent the goods there. It would be nice to hear why you decide to ship the product to another address.

Thank you very much for your kind support.

If you have any questions, please contact me and I will do my best to assist you.
I would like to help and I have raised this ticket for you, please will you follow up? https://www.lightinthebox.com/index.php?main_page=ticket_after_detail&id=19810151
Thank you very much.
pamp122
8/20/19

They should not be allowed to advertise in the US. The cut of their clothes is not for the American woman. I even ordered three sizes up and it still didn't fit..Very small arms. Cut for the Oriental woman. They will not refund your money!!!!!!! Want to give you 20% instead. Totally corrupt

Response from LightInTheBox F., LightInTheBox Representative
Dear customer,

We apologize for the problem. As for your case, could you please firstly advise us with your Order Number?

We will further check what caused your problem and then find a proper solution to help you out. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in advance.
edh221
8/20/19

I've order several item, mostly the goods are very good en quick delivered, with clothes you have te be careful because the chines measures are not the same as the European ones instead of two sizes bigger mini experience is just one. Other things like always very good

ricardor70
8/14/19

Good service, shipping does not take long, they have good customer service, they respond quickly by chat to any eventuality, I am very satisfied with this page. (Buen servicio, el envío no lleva mucho tiempo, tienen un buen servicio al cliente, responden rápidamente por chat ante cualquier eventualidad, estoy muy satisfecho con esta página).

ludeks
8/14/19

Kvalitní výrobky,výrobky za dobrou cenu při zachování kvality,rychlé dodání.Pěkná aplikace s možností slev a dárků.

2 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Hello, I bought a few things and the quality was not very good and the sizing was totally wrong. I also bought a cellular charger and the battery inside was not soldered correctly. Lightinthebox has great price, but you pay for what you get, which isn't much. I have stopped buying from them.

By Michel R.

We didn't buy a dress but the sizes are very small and the returns policy is a joke.I ended up losing money.

By Nanda T.

Dear Customer, thank you for your inquiry. We're really sorry that our company made you feel nervous. Please kindly note that the total delivery time = processing time + shipping time. So for the arrival date of your package. It depends on the processing time of the product and the shipping method you choose. About the processing time, please kindly check the processing time on the product page. About the shipping time, you mentioned you paid extra fee for faster delivery. If the service you chose was expedited shipping, normally it takes 3-4 business days for shipping. If it's standard service, then 5-8 business days for shipping. If the order is delayed, we'll take full responsibility of that and you can contact us through tickets. You can refer to this guide to contact customer service:http://www.lightinthebox.com/knowledge-base/c1192/a2974.html

By LightInTheBox F., LightInTheBox Representative

Dear Customer, we do recommend to you to refer to the size chart on each of the clothes first and then pick a suitable size for you.

By LightInTheBox F., LightInTheBox Representative

Will you send us your order number so that we can check?

By LightInTheBox F., LightInTheBox Representative

No UK number...don't even know whether American number is legit....I suspect not...tried four email addresses and all failed...in my opinion these people should be exposed for what they really are!!!

By Julie K.

Dont buy anything from this site. The picture is good, the object quality is garbage. You will be cheated and loose you money.

By Jack B.

Suggest not to buy. Might end up not receiving the order or received the wrong size and would be returning and paying shipping or requesting a refund or not receiving a refund at all. There's more legit company like Amazon where I bought the same one I ordered from Lightinabox, which I did not received. Sorry, but I would not trust this Co for anything. It' up to you to take the risk.

By daniel l.

you NEVER get your money back... dont use them. i am amazed this company is allowed to trade, I am sure we have law's against this kind of practise.

By andrew b.

why don't you create a ticket in your order section. In track my package link you will get ask customer services. And ask detailed question and leave a phone number. They always reply to tickets within a day. And they might help as well to resolve the issue.

By reshma s.
Questions? Get answers from the LightInTheBox staff and other customers.

LightInTheBox?