Review of LightInTheBox

LightInTheBox reviews

Beijing, China 100015, China
feedback@lightinthebox.com
Halloween Sale! Up to 90% Off & Free Shipping!
Visit Us

michaelo293
2/23/19

They give you a processing time that is significantly off. Items may take anywhere from 2-5 times longer to receive than stated. If you want to cancel your order because it won't arrive in time for some event (birthday, prom, ball, party, etc.), then they try to charge you a handling fee. I fought the handling fee and they said they would refund the full amount of items that had not been sent and cancel those items. The amount refunded was only for shoes.
There are occasions when it is appropriate for a business to register more than one domain name, but in my experience it is often to hide bad reviews that are connected to other domain names. This appears to be the case with Lightinthebox.com as they also DBA as Mini in the Box which has 150 complaints with the BBB. This number will soon be 151.
Based on research through domaineye.com they have at least two other domains: miniinthebox.com and dropinthebox.com.

Tip for consumers: Don't use them at all if you require a time commitment for a gift or party.

yvetter28
2/22/19

I recently ordered a synthetic wig and it was sent without issue and the quality is fabulous . After a quick play with it I can see how gorgouse it will be when styled. Defo order from them again :) .

loris406
2/21/19

I ordered two LONG wigs.. both for less than $20. I purchased them just to give an idea of what the style/color would look like on me.. I REALLY didn't expect them to be wearable... for that little amount I was sure they would be really poorly made. HOWEVER......Both of them are as good as the wigs i have paid 3X that much for... and i WILL wear them both when I go out.... VERY impressed. Shippment was a bit slow.. but nothing more then what I expected. WILL DEFINITELY order again.. and have already referred them to my MOTHER!

rudolfh3
2/19/19

This company is a trustful partner and is cheap. The ordered parts are delivered quickly and packed nicely. I like to order from this company as much as possible.

jorgep46
2/17/19

No he tenido problema alguno con sus producctos ,soy asiduo comprador, muy satisfecho con la variedad y calidad con la que trabajan. Por eso, mi puntuacion es la maxima.
Encuentro todo lo que busco con mucha facilidad.

saidk6
2/15/19

Whether it's your first online shopping experience or previous experience, you'll find everything you want.
Cheap prices, good variety of goods, and quick contact with the seller, you get the goods to your home in good condition.

jasa2
2/15/19

All the products quality is amazing. Easy on pockets yet very stylish dressing. Fast delivery and also best quality product.

claireh115
2/14/19

I'm from the UK and here we have very boring and very expensive cycling clothes. Found this site on the internet and ordered the most amazing bib shorts and matching top.
Every time I wear it people alway comment on how bright and fabulous it is.

cesarb22
2/14/19

I have been a customer for several years, and allways received superb service, including good response when I had to ask for replacement of faulty or lacking parts.

donatod5
2/11/19

Um bom lugar pra se fazer compras, ótimo site recomendo. Todas as compras que eu realizei no LightInTheBox foram entregues dento dos conformes. Bom demais.

burnsh
2/10/19

Cheap material. Horrible customer service. You can't send a direct email about your concern, you have to complete a "ticket" and it's almist impossible to do. Site says 3-5 days shipping, and I placed my order Jan 19/2019. My first item was in that time. The second was about a week. And the third I haven't received yet!! They sent by DHL which charges you huge brokerage fees. All said and done, terrible experience. I won't be ordering from them ever again!!

Response from LightInTheBox F., LightInTheBox Representative
This is Customer Service Supervisor from Lightinthebox. I am glad to help with all your problems.

I. We're sorry that you might misunderstand the shipping time. Please kindly note 3-5 business days is only for shipping, not including the processing time. Before your order is shipped off, we have to take a certain time process your order and put all your items through its strict quality control tests. We stated the processing time of each product on the product page. We're sorry that you might haven't noticed this information.

Your last item is still in processing phase. As we truly value you as our customer, we have asked the supplier to prioritize the processing. Would you please wait for it a few more days?

II. We are really sorry to hear you were unsatisfied with 2 items you received. We'll help you check what caused the problem and then provide solutions accordingly. We will take full responsibility for our problems. Please don't be worried.

III. Please also note the extra fee you paid upon order delivery was Tax Fee. It was paid to your local Customs, not to us. But we'd like to refund 100% Tax Fee to you since you paid for the Insurance for Duty & Tax of this order.

As for your case, I had conducted new Ticket ID =19312727 in our ticket center and will try to resolve all your problems. please log in your light in the box account--go " personal center"--"my ticket" to check our reply . please keep in touching with us by replying the ticket as all the information will be recorded in system. Thank you for your cooperation.
nadezhdac
2/10/19

there were shipping problems, but the product I ordered surprised me pleasantly, the same as a snack

jackied123
2/10/19

I've been buying all my dancing shoes and my husband to since 2010 and we were always fully satisfied...we save tons of $$$$....I recommended you to all our friends....

costib
2/10/19

Dacă și-ar îmbunătăți accesul la informații online la produsele de pe site, prin chat, și dacă timpii de expediere s-ar mai reduce, atunci ar avea calificativul "excelent".

Tip for consumers: Îl recomand, dar e nevoie de răbdare.

pedrop51
2/9/19

Items reached in good status, well packed and in time to Cali city, Colombia. The order was set on 15 Dec., it was accepted on 19 Dec. and it got to my address on 15 Jan. It took a month. It went through customs without any hassle, no extra charges.

Los artículos llegaron muy bien empacados, en buen estado y a tiempo el día 15 de Enero a la ciudad de Cali, Colombia. Tomó un mes, cuando yo lo había pedido el 15 de diciembre. Sin problemas de cobro extra por la aduana. Gracias

charlottet37
2/9/19

I love buy stuff on lightinthebox because it's simple and convivial.
The customer service is quick and always kind for give an answer.
I recommand this website !

ayoadeb
2/7/19

All I need as a person, family and business are always available with reasonable prices in lightin The Box. They have NEVER failed me............

bernardm57
2/6/19

I had the best experience ever in terms of communication the time I was waiting for my parcel and the feedback was on time

robsonc4
2/6/19

Adorei comprar com o LightInTheBox. Eles sempre tem tudo o que estou querendo ou até mesmo precisando. Recomendo a todos que sempre comprem lá! Pois esta valendo muito a pena sim!! :)

angelp84
2/5/19

I recently ordered a pair of shoes which wasn't cheap in any way. I paid for the shoes through PayPal credit. They took my money and I NEVER got an email with a confirmation of my order, an acknowledgment that I made the purchase, or an order number for me to make a claim or follow up. I filed a complaint with PayPal credit and THEY CANNOT DO ANYTHING. Do light in the box took my money and I'll never get my shoes. $#*! THEM AND NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THEM AGAIN.

Response from LightInTheBox F., LightInTheBox Representative
Dear customer,

We apologize for the problem. But we will try our best to help you.

Since you can't provide us with your Order Number, could you please provide us with the following information so we can try to find your order in our system?

1. The full name you used when you placed the order.

2. Your order amount and currency.

3. The Paypal Transaction ID.

Once we find out your order, we will further check what caused your problem and then provide solutions accordingly.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in advance.
basima6
2/4/19

I have made a large number of purchases through Light In The Box, where I have purchased a number of sections of clothing, kitchen, equipment and children's needs in this site. Positive experiences have been made because prices are good and quality is excellent compared to prices. The site is rich in supply and choice for each type of product and competitiveness. The commercial is high.

Based on the experience, the site can be evaluated as follows:

Positives:
Competitive prices compared to similar sites with frequent and varied offers.
The quality of good products in general is good to excellent.
Clear and noticeable diversity in each product section and options for each product.
There are continuous and varied promotions that attract customers' attention.
Reasonable shipping period by shipment of China.

Negatives:
Receiving medicine with the absence of some products in the warehouses, resulting in delay in the exit of the order from the warehouses.
The measurements in the clothing are inaccurate, since the size of M in Saudi Arabia is the same as the XXL size in the site, meaning that the measurements should be viewed through the table that contains the sizes in centimeters and then the size matching the person.

In general, the site is considered one of the best and strongest sites for shopping online and can be used to get the basic requirements and accessories with good quality and prices

lorenzos29
1/31/19

La spedizione è arrivata, nonostante il ritardo ma mi hanno risposto subito, il pacco inoltre era in perfette condizioni e non ho pagato dogana

eberl5
1/29/19

Actually buying in this way has been rewarding and very good experience. Nothing traumatic, good follow-up and always aware of the status and quality of the service provided. Thank you

samira24
1/29/19

Comprei um celular pelo site e tive todo apoio que precisei... E o estorno dos impostos tb ocorreram com tranquilidade... recomendo a todos

attilal
1/28/19

Fast shipping. The quality is good, the description matches. I really liked. Thank.This wasn't my first and not my last order!

2 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Hello, I bought a few things and the quality was not very good and the sizing was totally wrong. I also bought a cellular charger and the battery inside was not soldered correctly. Lightinthebox has great price, but you pay for what you get, which isn't much. I have stopped buying from them.

By Michel R.

We didn't buy a dress but the sizes are very small and the returns policy is a joke.I ended up losing money.

By Nanda T.

Dear Customer, thank you for your inquiry. We're really sorry that our company made you feel nervous. Please kindly note that the total delivery time = processing time + shipping time. So for the arrival date of your package. It depends on the processing time of the product and the shipping method you choose. About the processing time, please kindly check the processing time on the product page. About the shipping time, you mentioned you paid extra fee for faster delivery. If the service you chose was expedited shipping, normally it takes 3-4 business days for shipping. If it's standard service, then 5-8 business days for shipping. If the order is delayed, we'll take full responsibility of that and you can contact us through tickets. You can refer to this guide to contact customer service:http://www.lightinthebox.com/knowledge-base/c1192/a2974.html

By LightInTheBox F., LightInTheBox Representative

Dear Customer, we do recommend to you to refer to the size chart on each of the clothes first and then pick a suitable size for you.

By LightInTheBox F., LightInTheBox Representative

Will you send us your order number so that we can check?

By LightInTheBox F., LightInTheBox Representative

No UK number...don't even know whether American number is legit....I suspect not...tried four email addresses and all failed...in my opinion these people should be exposed for what they really are!!!

By Julie K.

Dont buy anything from this site. The picture is good, the object quality is garbage. You will be cheated and loose you money.

By Jack B.

Suggest not to buy. Might end up not receiving the order or received the wrong size and would be returning and paying shipping or requesting a refund or not receiving a refund at all. There's more legit company like Amazon where I bought the same one I ordered from Lightinabox, which I did not received. Sorry, but I would not trust this Co for anything. It' up to you to take the risk.

By daniel l.

you NEVER get your money back... dont use them. i am amazed this company is allowed to trade, I am sure we have law's against this kind of practise.

By andrew b.

why don't you create a ticket in your order section. In track my package link you will get ask customer services. And ask detailed question and leave a phone number. They always reply to tickets within a day. And they might help as well to resolve the issue.

By reshma s.
Questions? Get answers from the LightInTheBox staff and other customers.

LightInTheBox?