Review of LightInTheBox

LightInTheBox reviews

Beijing, China 100015, China
feedback@lightinthebox.com
Halloween Sale! Up to 90% Off & Free Shipping!
Visit Us

richardm895
7/17/19

Easy to order and very accurate with description its great for shopping and Birthday gifts and excellent for Christmas shopping as well as everyday shopping

michelo4
7/16/19

Ayant acheté plusieurs caméras de surveillance IP à un prix très compétitif , je suis parvenue sans connaissances en informatique à les installer en wifi sur mon ordinateur
et mon smartphone. Les notices de mise en service étaient simples et tout c est bien passé.
J' ai choisi des caméras VStarcam avec fonction photos et enregistrements .
Mes commandes se sont très bien déroulées , pas de frais de douane et 8 jours ouvrés d' attente maximum . Je suis très satisfaite de LightIn TheBox et j' en profite pour varier mes achats dans les domaines qui m' intéressent

rolandp31
7/12/19

I recently bought a shower set at LightInTheBox. It exceeded all my expectations, not onlt was it a beautiful set, but each item of the set was induvidally and carefully wrapped! Very pleased with my purchage!
LightInTheBox

janicep90
7/10/19

June 2019 we order 2 shower faucet sets for our ensuite reno. We are having oil rubbed bronze light fixtures and door knobs in the master siute.
The "light in a box" shower fixtures were described as oil rubbed bronze, butvthe picture looked like black. But we trusted the wording more that the photo. when it came to Canada weeks later the color was not oil rubbed bronze but black. with amazon we could have returned it since it was not he color that was stated. Light in the box will refund the cost but not he shipping. Canada post told us it would be about $200 shipping and take a few months to get there. That would probably put us past the possible refund time. So we are reselling the shower parts. The quality seems good but the color is not as stated. They claim its oil rubbed bronze in a black color.???? to me and from all the looking i have done oil rubbed bronze is not black.

WE WILL NBEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM LIGHT IN THE BOX AGAIN.

Response from LightInTheBox F., LightInTheBox Representative
Dear Customer, we would really like to help, but we found out you left this review without any order number.

jolandah1
7/10/19

easy ordering proces, goods are exact as shown on the pictures,good quality, very nice prices,fast delivery

laurav146
7/9/19

This company will never return your money even when you have return the product because it was poor quality. I believe the Better Business Bureau should put them out of business in the United States. It is a shame. I have been ripped off and they keep saying oh we will contact you. They have been saying that for more than a month. BUYERS BEWARE

bradw152
7/9/19

This company "light in the box" is very good at selling items and collecting money. If they make a mistake and ship the wrong size they refuse to rectify the issue. This is my experience. I ordered cycling $#*!s to be shipped to the US in size medium. They shipped my China medium which is US small. The shirts are way too small and they refuse to send me the correct size and provide a return shipping label. I have never had an online merchant refuse to fix a mistake they made. They expect to be paid money for nothing. Beware of this company and their belligerent customer service representatives. Worthless!!!

katik5
7/5/19

Tuotteet juuri mitä halusin, toki otin suosiolla 2numeroa isommat, kyse mekoista.
Nopea toimitus. Tilaan varmasti toistenkin.

shiring
7/3/19

27 June 2019:
I open the ticket yesterday and took some photo and submit is but when I checked my review it wasn't submit,so I decided to devise my review in tow part
Itry to open ticket at least 5 times and each time it will disconnect and go back to home, I open ticket before but I never had problem,
I revived my dress today almost an hour and 30 min ago and first I was surprised to pay the duty $220.28 Canadian, in total I payed over $700, please revised the duty charge and I don't want credit I want money back.
I open the package it was exiting and after I open my package it was scary, because I didn't think I will get this dress for more than $700 in total.
This dress was made from poor fabric the one they use it for Halloween fabric, nice beading which is west of they time to do that on this fabric.
I am not happy and I want to cry cause I want this dress for my friends wedding to wear, no not only I don't have dress but I spend so much money for a dress with poor fabric and poor pattern and poor finished special at end of zipper.
I would like to return the dress and redound my money,
I was really hoppy to get nice dress.
29 June 2019
Base on my review the customer services explain that I had to buy tax duty insurance, I learned my lesson, if they don't give me any statements for the product I am shopping, it means that I will end up pay too much for tax and I pay the duty $220.28 Canadian, in total I payed over $700, please revised the duty charge and I don't want credit I want money back.
2 June 2019: After sending 4 messages to customer service, they send me the response that " we are sorry we, if it is not fit" and the mentioned that " we can not accept the return of product as well as no refund". Fitting is not I issue, the quality of dress is the issue, and they mention if this is custom size we can not reselling if we accept the return". When I pay over 500 I want to be sure it is fit that is why get the custom.
My conclusion "DO NOT BY EXPENSIVE DRESS ON " in the LightInTheBox" WEBSITE"
Case there is no warranty what quality you get . If there is under 40 fillers and you are not happy with it they will do some kind of deal, with give you %70 rewards point or %50 redound. So stay over from shopping any dress.
9 July 2016,
After I wrote a review, they respond that they take full responsibility, and asked for order number, I sent them my order number 1905251833052009, but they didn't even bother to check and send the result....,

11 July 2019
(My respond to Fabio, supervisors on lightinbox)
Hi Fabio,
Thank you for following up.
Regarding the duty tax, please note with all of my order I did buy insurance, but since for this product on your website couldn't estimate the duty tax, on checkout there was no offer to buy insurance. May be there is something you need to look in to it as well and confirm with backend coders(or webmaster).
And regarding the quality issue, there is no way you could even carefully see it on the picture, unless you touch the fabric,with all respect if it was clear on picture do you think I would order it. You need to touch and feel the fabric, if
all the work had been done on this fabric done on the good quality fabric I don't think we have this conversation now.
The fabrics they used for the dress is exact same as cheep Halloween custom.
There is really a shame all this beautiful beading done in something is not worth.
If it was a cheap dress I would say ok it is cheep. I would accept they use cheep and poor fabric.
When I pay that much I am expecting a good quality.

Attached are more images as your requested.
Regards
Shirin

Response from LightInTheBox F., LightInTheBox Representative
Hello Shirin,

This is supervisor Fabio. I was informed that you haven't received enough help for your order. I'm sorry for that.

Since I really care about your satisfaction, I'd rather prefer to sort it out for you on my own. Please trust me that I'll try my best to help you.

We are terribly sorry for your unpleasant experience.

About tax, please be reminded we do offer tax insurance. However, you did not purchase the insurance at checkout. Regretfully we won't be able to refund the tax for this reason.

We are apologetic if the dress received has any quality issue. We checked carefully the photo you've attached on your review but we were confused on the issue that should appear.

> > > https://www.sitejabber.com/img/urls/7773/picture_117310.jpg

Since we cannot accept a return of a tailored dress for personal reasons on our policy we'd like to know more about the issues you've found with the dress.

More info on our return policy: https://www.lightinthebox.com/nh/Return-Policy.html?prm=1.33.157.0

Please kindly attach a photo of the problem encountered, once confirmed we'll be able to assist further.

Thank you very much for your kind support.

If you require any further information, please feel free to contact me and I will be keen to assist you in a tailored way.

I would like to help and I have raised this ticket for you, please will you follow up? https://www.lightinthebox.com/index.php?main_page=ticket_after_detail&id=19704538
Thank you very much.
mindyj17
7/1/19

Ordered a dress, which arrived in 2 1/2 weeks, only to realize it was the wrong size (when I checked the measurements, turns out I'm 4 sizes larger than my usual size!). Since I was on a time crunch for a wedding, I started the process for a return and purchased a new dress. Turns out, they consider all their dresses to be "Made-to-Measure," so I can't return it! So, that means I'm out $150. Don't shop here. It's a scam.

Response from LightInTheBox F., LightInTheBox Representative
Dear customer,

We sincerely apologize for the problem. As for your case, could you please firstly advise us with your Order Number?

Please also tell us more details about your problem. We will check what caused the problem and then find a proper solution to fix it up. We promise to take full responsibility once we confirm our problem. Please don't be worried.

paulo185
6/27/19

Beware! Product was poor so intended to return. At your own cost from UK to Dongguan, China postage is near £17. Item was less than that to buy. Very Unhappy - feel conned. This is where internet shopping will fall over.

Response from LightInTheBox F., LightInTheBox Representative
Dear customer,

jesst41
6/26/19

My products were very good. Take note on the sizes because they are smaller than the standards in America. The problem was that it took seven weeks to arrive. I hope that the company could work on their shipping and delivery area

jeanlucp6
6/26/19

Le site fonctionne bien. une fois le choix effectué, le paiement effectué, on est bien informé du départ de le commande ainsi que de son suivi. Les articles sont d'assez bonne qualité pour certains à bonne qualité pour d'autres. Je n'ai pas encore rencontré d'excellente qualité, selon mon critère européen.
Sinon rien d'autre à dire, tout va bien.

salmaf1
6/21/19

Worst company ever. First they deliver me fake hair claiming it is natural human hair then they refuse to refund me except when I buy again and only 30%refund. Second time they didn't even send my order to my address,the when I complained the told me that they can reshipp it if I pay more money. They r money stealers and unprofessional

Response from LightInTheBox F., LightInTheBox Representative
Dear customer,

donnas640
6/21/19

I ordered a pair of dance shoes on Order Number: 1906032133135173. I wear a size 9 women's and received a 10.5. I do not know if I put in the wrong size or if they picked the wrong size but I had measured carefully before I ordered.
This is their response:
The items with icon MADE TO MEASURE are handmade by skilled workers one item at a time and is not an In-Stock item.

You can also find the icon "Made-To-Measure" on the product page stating: This pair of shoes is Made-To-Order . While the shoes are standard, the heel will be customized in accordance to your selection.

We are really sorry, due to our strict return policy, we are unable to accept return for this item.

That said, I paid $51.57 for a pair of shoes I cannot wear and do not want. When I ordered I was under the impression that this company was in the U.S. because I have been very dissatisfied with products from China in the past and I never would have ordered from them.

Response from LightInTheBox F., LightInTheBox Representative
This is Customer Service Supervisor from Lightinthebox. I'd like to explain what happened.

Please be noted below is your Order Information:

【Women's Jazz Shoes Leather Heel Splicing Thick Heel Customizable Dance Shoes Black [Heel Type:1.38''(3.5cm)Thick Heel| Color:Black| Size:US10.5 / EU42 / UK8.5 / CN43|]】

You can see that you picked "US 10.5" for the shoes. We are afraid that you might choose the wrong size by accident.

Please be noted this pair of shoes is Made-To-Order . While the shoes are standard, the heel will be customized in accordance to your selection. We have clearly stated this information on the product page. Sorry that you might not notice it when you placed the order.

Based on our policy, usually we are unable to accept any return or exchange request for the Made-To-Order products with NO quality issue. You can check the return policy statement in following link.

While as I truly value you as our customer, I had conducted new Ticket ID =19659912 in our ticket center and will apply for some Special solutions for your case. please log in your light in the box account--go " personal center"--"my ticket" to check our reply . please keep in touching with us by replying the ticket as all the information will be recorded in system. Thank you for your cooperation.
denniso72
6/21/19

We brought these cushions for the living room, we liked them so much they are now a feature in the garden.

Tip for consumers: none

renas12
6/18/19

Μια ευχαριστη αγορα. Σε πολυ καλη τιμη και ποιοτητα. Η αποστολη αργησε λιγακι , αλλα με το συστημα εντοπισμου ημουν ενημερη καθε στιγμη για την πορεια του πακετου μου. Αξιοπιστη ιστοσελιδα με πολυ μεγαλη ποικιλια προιοντων και τιμων. Ειμαι πολυ ικανοποιημενη απο την αγορα μου.

leonardol24
6/16/19

Recomendo muito , minha primeira compra fiquei muito feliz ,e me senti super seguro, irei compra mais !!

alains15
6/14/19

J'ai acheté de nombreuses tenues de vélos, homme et femme, produit de très bonne qualité et à la mode, 3 fois moins cher qu'ailleurs.
La livraison est d'environ 8 à 12 jours.

soniaz9
6/14/19

Order number: 1905140832950132. I was very happy to receive my order on time. the size fits. The dress is as advertised on the website.

maxines42
6/13/19

Zero stars should be an option another robbing nasty company based in China that just rips off hard working honest people stuff takes months to arrive and is cheap nasty tat.sent ten emails and F all back

sigridm5
6/12/19

Lightinthebox hat einfach alles. Preis-/Leistungsverhältnis stimmt perfekt. Lieferzeit ist ok. Ich freu mich diesen Shop gefunden zu haben. Leider wird mein Portemonaie sehr strapaziert, weil ich immer wieder was finde, was ich "unbedingt" brauche. Bei Kleidung bitte unbedingt nachmessen, gerade bei großen Größen. Aber das kennt man ja aus Asien. Ansonsten ist die Qualität gemessen am Preis echt super! Wo bekommt man für um die 20 ein Abendkleid, das tatsächlich gut verarbeitet ist, wo der Stoff den Anforderungen standhält und das auch noch gut aussieht? Ich lande bestimmt immer wieder auf dieser Seite, wenn mir nur mal langweilig ist.

lucyo18
6/12/19

When items were delivered they were faulty, as the picture shows the bulbs were hanging out of the frame. New batteries used but lights did not work. Lightinthebox are ignoring my request to return the items and get a refund.

tadr5
6/12/19

I will never order here again. Ordered 2 fidget spinners back in 2017 and paid 28 USD. The order never arrived. After many emails, I was told to wait more than half a year when purchase protection would become valid. After contacting them again, they claim the order is closed and cannot be opened anymore. Don't trust this company!! Don't buy at lightinthebox.

souzas
6/10/19

Super tranquilo e seguro, recomendo a todos os meus amigos,uma experiência de está seguro dentro de um mundo incerto que é o virtual

2 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Hello, I bought a few things and the quality was not very good and the sizing was totally wrong. I also bought a cellular charger and the battery inside was not soldered correctly. Lightinthebox has great price, but you pay for what you get, which isn't much. I have stopped buying from them.

By Michel R.

We didn't buy a dress but the sizes are very small and the returns policy is a joke.I ended up losing money.

By Nanda T.

Dear Customer, thank you for your inquiry. We're really sorry that our company made you feel nervous. Please kindly note that the total delivery time = processing time + shipping time. So for the arrival date of your package. It depends on the processing time of the product and the shipping method you choose. About the processing time, please kindly check the processing time on the product page. About the shipping time, you mentioned you paid extra fee for faster delivery. If the service you chose was expedited shipping, normally it takes 3-4 business days for shipping. If it's standard service, then 5-8 business days for shipping. If the order is delayed, we'll take full responsibility of that and you can contact us through tickets. You can refer to this guide to contact customer service:http://www.lightinthebox.com/knowledge-base/c1192/a2974.html

By LightInTheBox F., LightInTheBox Representative

Dear Customer, we do recommend to you to refer to the size chart on each of the clothes first and then pick a suitable size for you.

By LightInTheBox F., LightInTheBox Representative

Will you send us your order number so that we can check?

By LightInTheBox F., LightInTheBox Representative

No UK number...don't even know whether American number is legit....I suspect not...tried four email addresses and all failed...in my opinion these people should be exposed for what they really are!!!

By Julie K.

Dont buy anything from this site. The picture is good, the object quality is garbage. You will be cheated and loose you money.

By Jack B.

Suggest not to buy. Might end up not receiving the order or received the wrong size and would be returning and paying shipping or requesting a refund or not receiving a refund at all. There's more legit company like Amazon where I bought the same one I ordered from Lightinabox, which I did not received. Sorry, but I would not trust this Co for anything. It' up to you to take the risk.

By daniel l.

you NEVER get your money back... dont use them. i am amazed this company is allowed to trade, I am sure we have law's against this kind of practise.

By andrew b.

why don't you create a ticket in your order section. In track my package link you will get ask customer services. And ask detailed question and leave a phone number. They always reply to tickets within a day. And they might help as well to resolve the issue.

By reshma s.
Questions? Get answers from the LightInTheBox staff and other customers.

LightInTheBox?