Amazon IN

2017 CUSTOMER CHOICE AWARD

Amazon IN has a consumer rating of 3.58 stars from 112 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with Amazon IN most frequently mention online shopping. Amazon IN ranks 20th among Marketplace sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 54.5%

• I frentically called Amazon customer service, but not even once my call was answered.
  • I made an order in Amazon, order no: 408-8209322-4837110 which should be delivered on 19/11/2018.
  • The new product failed the authentication test too.
How would you rate Amazon IN?

“Good experiences so far”

Sindhu K.
9/17/20

I am a very regular customer of Amazon. I am ordering almost anything and everything from them since last two years including groceries. So far not much complaints. Their return policy is very good compared to all other sites I have used. I had very bad experience with Flipkart. Lost Rs 2500. Ridiculous customer service. So after that stopped using them. Try Amazon. I ordered mobiles, headphones, tablet etc from them. All

“Amazon India a Big Time Fraud”

Ananya C.
10/14/20

This is regarding Order Id**************164. I have ordered a Saregama Caravan for my parents last month. It turned out to be defective and returned the product immediately. I am following up with them since last month, every time, they ask for more time and it is one month now not received any refund. Shocked to experience such pathetic service from them. It has become a big fraud. Please be careful before placing any order on Amazon!

customer service (10) order (22) product (25) delivery (17) credit card (4) time (19)
vanitae1
December 8th, 2020

Bought the TP-LINK extender to increase wifi signal in the house, and I must say that I am very satisfied with the product. I often shop on amazon. The site delivers as promised.

ananyac4
October 14th, 2020

amirs57
July 29th, 2020

I do not like this store. If you want to shop on amazon then you need to have experience or you will end up buying the wrong things. On the other hand the store has all the things that you could possible need and for affordable prices. The dleivey is painfully slow if you reside in far away regions but that is just what online shopping means.

sn91
February 2nd, 2020

I have had several experiences where I have prepaid for a product that was not delivered. It is very convenient when things do arrive although iti is still a gamble as to whether they will arrive or not! In addition none of the delivery based reviews were published. Any reviews of amazon, on amazon are jabbed.

Returns are apparently not made unless you report the lack of deliver y within 10 days of the lack of delivery. Crude.

You would be sued fo rthis in the US! Time to shed some of those stocks.

Su

madhurik13
March 8th, 2021
• Updated review

After one episode they repeated the same again with the next order of MI laptop.

And when I cancelled the extended warranty because the laptop order was cancelled by amazon around their own whims of exchange policy. ( even after the product satisfies all criterion for exchange they refuse to pick it up), guess what the xustomer care tells I will get a refund after they receive the product. There was a person to pick up the same at my door also!##$$.

A code for extended Warranty received by email is to be rrturned in person!)

Decaying Customer service
March 5th, 2021
• Previous review

I ordered a HP pavilion with exchange offer on 02/03/21 and expected delivery on 04/03/21.
The delivery executive was not sure of the discoloration between the screen and keypad on the laptop being exchanged and hence asked us to register for redelivery on customer care.

I called customer care and was told that the redelivery will be completed in 24_48 hrs. But i saw that the status on my app displayed that a refund isbeing issued.

I again called customer.er care and was again assured a redelivery, both times no mail was sent to me to confirm.
Yesterday I kept waiting at home to receive the laptoo and today morning i received a mail requesting a review for the product not yet delivered.

I again had to call customer care and finally one executive who pathetically displayed his empathy ( but was definitely not helpful just like all his previous colleagues) let it out that the order is cancelled and refund will be issued to original Payment mode in 3_4 working days.

I needed the laptop for working and I am not just disappointed but annoyed at angry at tgis apathy and pathetic customer care and lack of feedback.

sanjayj31
May 6th, 2021

RONCUVITA provides best Belly Fat Burner for men and women at very affordable price in India. Its really works to reduce fat from our body naturally that why I recommend RONCUVITA Belly Fat Burner, which is very good for those people who are facing problems because of their body fat.

They provide most affordable and 100% original Health Nutrition Supplements

fat burner, health supplements

imrank78
October 30th, 2020

Amazon has started using deception and seems like now they are more focused on helping the seller sell the items then their customers. Being a customer of Amazon for last 5 years, I am really sorry to see this from Amazon. One of the reasons people buy expensive stuff from Amazon without looking in person or talking to anyone is the trust people have on Amazon and the fact that Amazon would return the product if there is wrong from seller side. But now seems like they don't care. So, I would suggest people to buy their stuff directly from a store. At least you will know exactly what you are buying and clear any questions you might have. Seeing this I am also thinking about removing my services from AWS and suggest the same to my clients and vendors.

Seems like Amazon is not the same.

sovierb
July 29th, 2020

I do not lie the amazon store because it is not properly moderated. The amazon store has so many fake products and the store is not doing anything about it. I ordered what I thought was a 16 inch laptop with some excellent feature but what I got is not what I ordered. The laptop was not even new. The store is full of conmen.

manojk76
January 9th, 2020

Pathetic dealer registered only want illogically money from customer. Disclose display on social media low price only a fake trick.

vinitaa1
December 22nd, 2019

BEWARE! Amazon.in is full of fraud sellers, Selling
Duplicate, fake items. I live in U. S my husband get some shehnaz diamond facial kits for me on his India visit last week. When I saw it has weird and untidy packaging I doubted I opened I saw it's all duplicateTubes filled with dirty gel smells rotten. All tubes have fake sticker on each tube as shown in picture. When we tried to reach the seller. He disappeared from this website. And when we contacted customer service they just Ignored as they don't know anything. All the dumbhead fools sitting on the Customer service. Don't buy anything from this site. Save your money! I lost my 4000 Rs on this untrustworthy site.

bharats27
September 12th, 2020

Wish i could give them minus 5 stars
I actually dislike the dishonesty of Amazon, i was charged twice for the product, cash was collected as well as the same amount was charged in my debit card. After several back and forth with their customer service first i was assured the money will be refunded then after 10 days i was told they never got the money from the bank despite me showing them proof of the charge from the bank. They are ruining the reputation of a good outstanding American company with their dishonesty and poor customer service in India. I will post this on all social media. I have ordered a lot from them and this is how they treat their customers. Shame in them. I can also share the order number. The product delivered was cheap quality as well

viswanathann
November 15th, 2020

AMAZON SERVICE HAS BECOME WORST THAN EVER.DON'T USE AMAZON FOR YOUR PURCHASES AND THEY WON'T DELIVER THE PRODUCT AND THE WILL CANCELED THE ORDER BESED ON THERE NEEDS.

I HAVE SEVERAL INSTANCES WITH AMAZON INDIA SERVICE.

I WAS THE PRIME CUSTOMER FOR MORE THAN 10 YEARS NOW.

IT HAS BECOME Worst service. Handled my money without delivering my order.

Order id: **************769

protyoyb
February 22nd, 2021

Amazon is a great e-commerce site. It's primary motive is customer satisfaction that's make it one of the most popular e-commerce site. My experience with Amazon is fast and awesome

neelamr6
September 15th, 2020

Appling the Dream Catcher in the room brings good dreams.The evil spirit has no effect in the room.and because of a having a dreamcatcher in the living room, the dream catcher also looks good.

sindhuk9
September 17th, 2020

jayashreek7
January 27th, 2021

Good platform to buy all online products. It is a trustworthy platform for all purchases. All types of products are available.

do try

clothes, accorries, shoes, electronics

shivania16
September 5th, 2020

If u take prime membership then amazon is very good app there are so many benefits like prime video, kindle and offers etc there are so many benefits and one more thing is there amazon pay icici bank credit card after 1 month u get so much of cashback
The app is very good for shopping etc...

aravindp2
September 15th, 2020

I like amazon very much. It's more usefull and trustable platform which I have used and it is also very popular app.

rahuld54
November 6th, 2020

Good experiences so far. The refund balance expires though, within a year if unused. There should be no expiry date for the refund money. Will keep shopping on amazon!

azimuddinm1
May 9th, 2020

I liked to give zero but there was no such option. I am saying this after associated with them for past few years as a seller and Byuer. Both the experience is bitter.

Once you're cheated by Amazon you should then and there leave them as it will continue and there will be no solution. I can tell their game. You call for problem. They will tell you to send mail or will send you a link to again explain the matter. You will do and wait and wait. If you call them the answer is we are looking into complaint has taken. Have you ever wondered why they have no complaints no and return call policy once complaint got resolved. Why they make you run like a Govt office from this desk to that desk. Because they know after a certain time you will be tired and loose.
They train their stuffs following same protocol.

babua4
March 14th, 2021

All products and service in this website is worthful. Even though the returns also in the site is very easy and refunds also reflected in the mode of payment as soon as immediately returned.

vishalp23
December 8th, 2019

Amazon.in - they are selling expired, dirty, dangerous & harmful edible products online. I had purchased Alpen Muesli online, which I gave to one of my relatives as they sent normal muesli instead of sugar free. They had the muesli the 1st day without any suspicion. The next day they had stomach infection. When they checked the jar in which the muesli was put, it was full of tiny worms. They obviously threw the same in the thrash immediately, however the damage was already done. On complaining to Amazon, they refused to do anything about it, in fact I had also written a detailed review, which they refused to publish on their website.
In the interest of the citizens & their health & wellbeing, I feel at least they should be banned from selling any edible products online, though their product quality in most non-edible products is also extremely poor & sub-standard, which is not the case in most other countries.

supriyap6
November 15th, 2019

The products offered may not be up to the mark but the returns and refund are flawless! I had bad experience with many other shopping apps, but never with amazon

sejalp6
February 14th, 2021
Verified purchase

I ordered items on amazon.in thrice the first two got cancelled without any call from the courier service or Amazon, just got an email and refund policy terms. The third time because it was valentine's day I paid extra money to be delivered it on valentine's day wrote my whole address and they accepted my order money was deducted then I get a call in the middle of the day that my pincode is not available for delivery, we call customer care the first time they agreed it to be delivered I have it on phone record we were assured by Ms. Supriya and once we disconnected the call the order was cancelled within seconds of disconnection of call we called again, Mr. Prashant gave us some stupid answers we asked for escalation call to a superior Mr. Jagdeep talked to us for more than the time accepted with no solution and just a sorry, no refund, no delivery, no service to be satisfied with and then disconnected the call on my face saying this issue is just going round and round and with no courtesy he disconnected the call on my face. I am so disappointed with how you people handle customers and thier issues... I am disgusted of how I was treated and with no solution I am stuck my valentine day was ruined felt like you people don't know the feeling of love or your customers. Please it's a humble request that being a multi-intrenational company you should be more considerate. Thank you Sejal Patel

Tip for consumers:
I will never suggest any one to place order even if the pincode is available on the app

Products used:
I ordered items on amazon.in thrice the first two got cancelled without any call from the courier service or Amazon , just got an email and refund policy terms .. the third time because it was valentine's day I paid extra money to be delivered it on valentine's day wrote my whole address and they accepted my order money was deducted then I get a call in the middle of the day that my pincode is not available for delivery , we call customer care the first time they agreed it to be delivered I have it on phone record we were assured by Ms. Supriya and once we disconnected the call the order was cancelled within seconds of disconnection of call we called again , Mr.prashant gave us some stupid answers we asked for escalation call to a superior Mr. Jagdeep talked to us for more than the time accepted with no solution and just a sorry , no refund,no delivery, no service to be satisfied with and then disconnected the call on my face saying this issue is just going round and round and with no courtesy he disconnected the call on my face . I am so disappointed with how you people handle customers and thier issues ... I am disgusted of how I was treated and with no solution I am stuck my valentine day was ruined felt like you people don't know the feeling of love or your customers . Please it's a humble request that being a multi-intrenational company you should be more considerate . Thank you Sejal Patel

sophiad206
June 16th, 2021

Nice online shopping application. Fast delivery or same day delivery of any products for prime members. I really liked the quality of the products. Also, they offers so many discounts and coupon codes for shopping. Various brands at one place. Amazing experience.

Not easy and disappointing. Dishonest liars. Try other sources to do purchases

By Bharat S.