Review of Etsy

Tel: +1-718-855-7955
2018 Customer choice award

deborahs138
12/11/18

Each time i buy or review the product someone is always there to write me.To help guide me .Recently I purchased a egg ornament unique it arrived to my sister in tact and exactly unseen the present was beautiful .They stand behind there warm words.

gails326
12/9/18

I am in North America and purchased a hat from an Etsy seller located in Italy. After almost 2 months, the seller and I assumed that the hat was lost in the mail, so the seller issued me a refund. I finally received the hat and informed the seller so, since this is the right thing to do. To my surprise, when I opened the package, the hat was a completely different material (except for the underside of the tiny visor) and was a completely different style. The difference is so easily seen, that the seller could not have mistaken that the hat she sent was not the hat I ordered. Since the hat is not what I ordered and I don't want it, the seller wants ME to foot the bill for the return of it to Europe. I do not believe I should be financially responsible for the shipping of a hat that I did not order. I offered to return it if she would pay for shipping, but she refuses. The seller used the excuse that because it was made to measure, that's what the problem is. I'm sure the photos that I attached in this review will refute that without question. And the seller is "disappointed in [my] behavior" even though I was honest enough to tell her that I received the hat. I didn't have to do that. The seller is untrustworthy and unprincipled.

Etsy has policies that say they will intervene between seller and buyer in certain cases. My case qualified in 3 different areas of their terms for intervention. After several emails with Etsy, Etsy gave me all kinds of irrelevant rhetoric in their responses, and refused to intervene, refused to look at the photos, and stated outright that they "refuse to discuss the matter further," despite the qualifications for intervention. Thank goodness I already received my refund when the seller and I thought the hat was lost, or I would be out almost $100. because Etsy refuses to honor their own policies. Because of this, other buyers from this seller are subject to similar or same experiences.

I will never shop on Etsy again.

kimc387
12/8/18

I've made dozens of purchases from this site, and have yet to have received anything that wasn't as advertised. I hope they keep it this way as a legitimate site and keep out the false advertisers and scammers.

Tip for consumers: Follow the reviews; go for who has the better reviews and most reviews for legitimacy.

juliab193
12/3/18

All positive reviews about this Etsy scam are fake and paid for! Scammers below (Dottie M, Amber N, Milburn A and Billy J, Freddy D, etc) are paid by Etsy to deceive others. If they sell their soul for mere $5, imagine what would they do to you! Beware and report these cyber criminals!

dottiem11
11/30/18

I found them on line looking for rustic and farm decor. I bought two lamps in the shape of milk cans and requested three way switches and that they did. Delivery was fast and the product just great and just right for what I was looking for. Then ordered shutter doors for the wall and they came with handles just like barn shutters, and wooden and ready to hang love them. Great items and a special thanks for the items an shout out to let you know very satisfied. lOVE YOUR ITEMS Will be buying more in the near future.

ambern33
11/15/18

etsy is a great place to find unique and cool products. I've used it for 3 years now and have never had a problem.

milburna
11/4/18

Great stuff! I love getting all my handcrafted bracelets and necklaces here. Its really hard to pick something out of all the great things that are available.

billyj56
10/31/18

I ordered items from several different sellers on Etsy. A couple of t-shirts and posters for decoration. Both orders came on time and were as on description. I like it! I know that some complained that products were not of the best quality, but I think you just need to choose carefully. I had no problems with Etsy purchases.

mandya25
10/31/18

Apart from scamming people 365 days a year, Etsy scammers are particularly fond of holidays because that's when their victims and unlawful profits increase in abundance! DO NOT get tempted by fake images and fake positive reviews on Etsy! Their scamming tactics are notorious and their only aim is to rip you off! I was victimized there but you don't have to! It is my duty to inform and warn others! Avoid this scam at all costs!!!!!

freddyd9
10/27/18

Take a note everyone of you that thinks this place is bad. Cool gift ideas and selection of various things for her/him. I ordered numerous times and I'm still happy.

igorg27
10/26/18

I'm a seller, they closed my shop and didn't say why!!!!!!!!
I lost so much money...
I'm very very upset

jamesb1314
10/25/18

I listed some items on ESTY for sale and a lady ordered 1 of the items and paid ESTY $45 ESTY never mentioned the sale to me and I tried to talk to them about it and they informed me that I did not have an ESSTY account and asked that I give them a credit card and they would not charge me and help me find my account. I saw the items I listed and it even said I had 1 sale but I could not open the account.I will pay the lady back her $45 but ESTY will hate the day I was born. I intend to write about this on every venue possible for as long as I have the strength to write.

chantellew10
10/23/18

I absolutely am in with them. Every single order I have had. I have never had an issue. The gifts smell so good. And the items I purchased' were wrapped so Beautiful and neat. I appreciate that so much! On time Delivery! What more can a Queen ask for. I am Definitely a big fan. And will continue to shop here I love! Love! Love them!!!!

sr269
10/18/18

Etsy is okay. I've had half good and half bad experiences. The shops are run by people who craft as a side business and they aren't very well trained on good customer service or their Etsy shop isn't their first priority. Some items ship right away and some sit there until the last day of the processing time. I have much better service on Ebay, but sometimes, the things I need for a jewelry business can only be found on Etsy or from China. Etsy is supposedly faster because I can find people who sell in the US, but again, they don't fill orders very fast and my few experiences contacting the shop owners to see if I could get my order processed resulted in nasty and defensive replies. Etsy should train their shop owners how to handle customers. I only shop there when I don't have any other options.

caseyw66
10/18/18

Can definitely find cute goodies on the site. If you're looking for something like that give it a shot. Wasn't disappointed with the purchases so far myself.

kh650
10/1/18

Lots of disreputable third party sellers now. Search engine is atrocious. It is difficult to log in to an Etsy in another country, which is ridiculous. Etsy is also letting sellers sell any items they want; many! are not hand made or even art.

terrih42
10/1/18

SITTIN PRETTY WITH MYLEEN RIPPED ME OFF $450 ON AN ITEM I PURCHASED THAT THEY REFUSED TO SHIP TO ME. THEY REPEATEDLY MADE EXCUSES OF WHY IT HADN'T BEEN SHIPPED. LONG STORY SHORT. THEY REFUNDED THE MONEY FOR THE ITEM AND KEPT $450 SHIPPING. THEY WERE 100% IN THE WRONG AND ETSY WOULD DO NOTHING.

jennar34
9/29/18

Words cannot express the terribleness of this monster scam known as "Etsy"! Whoever those inhumane criminals are, they deserve capital punishment! STAY AWAY!!!

clarar37
9/25/18

I sold alot of homeade jewlery and scrubs and alot of people sent back great feedback. I also ordered natural lip balms from their. They lasted me a long time

tobyh27
9/22/18

I used to use Etsy to purchase items online. Lately however, I've encountered a number of rude sellers including one whom I had asked a question about something and got a rude reply. Later, when I posted my review and exposed her behavior, she sent me a nasty "conversation" because I didn't give her five stars, and didn't like my review She threatened and blocked me. I replied back but not in the way they liked (yes I was wrong and I apologized.) She then reported me to Etsy, who decided to close all my accounts but did not address the seller's behavior. They were only concerned that I had violated their policies, and even after saying yes and told them it wouldn't happen again, still chose to close all my accounts.

Turns out the seller has done this many times before with buyers who don't give her glowing reviews - shouts at them in CAPS, threatens and blocks them. Has done it for years and Etsy allows her to keep her account and act this way.

What a classy site with rude sellers and uncaring staff!

milanc
9/14/18

Ordered a cake topper for our wedding in December, Was promised to receive it by June/July. It is September and I haven't received it. Called Etsy for assistance as the missed window will make me incur extra costs since our venue is out of town and we went on a trip to the venue in August to take all purchased accessories and decor items to necessary vendors in our luggage(as to avoid paying to ship them). Etsy says oh well, enjoy your topper we can't make the vendor do anything. Vendor has not sent any proof of any kind and then sends me an email today sayin I shipped it and added items to it that you didn't ask for and I missed the details that you did ask for. Wedding planning can be very stressful but i've been fortunate that mine has not been with the exception of this unprofessional vendor and etsy's lackadaisical support department.

dianam243
9/11/18

Now this Etsy scam has reached further heights by paying review websites such as this one to remove negative reviews and replace them with fake positive ones! In November 2017, Etsy did have 1,028 negative reviews which suddenly dropped to only 114 in December! Worse yet, the scam site was proclaimed the winner of "Sitejabber's 2017 Customer Choice Award". Ridiculous! Etsy is determined to remain the leader in Internet fraud business and they are doing all that it takes to silence their victims! Brutal criminals!!!

maries120
9/11/18

If you are looking for handmade, homemade or home grown, this is a great place to find them. Shopping here is very diverse as you can buy things like whole vanilla beans to sterling silver handmade jewelry. Many artisans and crafters use this site as a platform to sell their goods. Important to check the ratings and read reviews before you order from someone. Have never had any problems; you shouldn't either, as long as you know how to shop sites like this.

allam11
9/6/18

I really like their creams, Home Brew natural coffee hand and body cream is just awesome! No doubt I give five stars!

adams454
8/30/18

Do not trust positive reviews coming from Etsy scammers and thieves! Of course that they don't want you to know about their scamming tactics! Every person KNOWS what it wants to buy but scammers on Etsy DO NOT SELL what they claim to be selling! Etsy's "case system" is bot-operated and automated to side with scammers pretending to be "sellers" because Etsy needs them - NOT YOU! Scammers share their stolen funds with Etsy - not customers! BEWARE AND REFUSE TO BE A VICTIM!

913 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Check the reviews, and Google the seller. Also, are the reviews written in good english? Does it seem fake? Check pictures from the buyers.

By Johanna v.

I would have to say no, with LOTS of exceptions. In the past few years Etsy has allowed business to claim handmade if it meets certain criteria. I often see many items that claim to be handmade but I have seen them on Alibaba being sold in bulk. That being said I look very closely and have purchased some wonderfu items from great sellers. The biggest problem with Etsy is that they no longer protect customers from fraud (they say they are not liable) but in doing that lots and lots or resellers and counterfeit items have saturated Etsy' s marketplace. I would never buy anything "vintage" there. What I have seen you are getting thrift store rejects or modern fake. Buyer beware! Investigate all vendors carefully!!

By Tracy Q.

I am agree with Ramina. 90% is not hand made . all comes from Factories . when someone has over 8000's item don't you ask who made it . They are all over from Pakistan to turkey east to west up united state . Etsy is happy just to take your money and every 4 or 5 months closing one store to show off and if you have some money as a credit they take it too . no customer service , no respect no manor , they made policy just for FUN and they have FUN with our pocket . stay far from them FAR FAR.

By Behzad G.

I agree with Steve J on this one. A lot of sellers on Etsy work from home in the evenings for extra money. Most of them are not big businesses with massive inventories so I would give them the benefit of the doubt. Give them a little more time and if they dont send it out then file a case with etsy

By Peeved O.

Business checking isn't necessary (the banks now charge a monthly fee for a small business checking). You can pretty much set up a regular checking account

By A S.

If you do, I would be cautious about ordering from international sellers, use a credit card in case you need to contest the charges, and do NOT expect ETSY do a thing if you get ripped off. They are useless and could care less once the sale is final.

By jean w.

I am no sure why this would be the case. I have only paid through paypal and have never been asked personal financial information beyond paypal. It is odd that you have experienced this issue. What personal financial information have you been asked to divulge?

By Nancy M.

The best and quickest thing to do is to email the seller and let them know that you would like to return for a refund.

By Shirley M.

Yes, it certainly is. I've also been selling for many years, never had a problem. Using PayPal is great if you ever should have a problem, as you're protected in the event of theft. If you were hacked somehow would be the only way it would be a concern for me, so I am careful about using good passwords and changing them often (Etsy password) I would not worry about the safety of Etsy direct at all.

By Jodi H.

Read the reviews!

By Richyl H.
Questions? Get answers from the Etsy staff and other customers.

Etsy?