Review of Etsy

Tel: +1-718-855-7955
2018 Customer choice award

nolacaseh
9/18/19

I opened shop on etsy. But next day my shop is suspended by Etsy. There was no any information about why etsy suspended my shop .I tried to contact with etsy seller customer support(I sent many emails but no response) But seller customer support unresponsive(The worst seller customer support ever). This is very frustrating. Because I have my own designs and I spent bunch of $ for design copyrights. I just realized that there is another seller who is selling my designs without my permission. Now As a victim of ETSY, Now I am looking for legal consultant for addressing this issue.

louiseh115
9/15/19

I've purchased from well over 30 different sellers for different products, such as clothing, jewelry, tarot etc. And the transactions have always been safe. Whenever I have stumbled a scammer-type shop (as there are some bad cookies out there!) I do notify etsy support about it and they have replied with a cancellation of the order within 72 hours. There are so many unique sellers on etsy that I have to say you have to give it a shot!

christineg252
9/9/19

ETSY has just announced that if a seller does not offer free shipping, their listings will end up beyond the first page of the search where 83% of sales occur. Not only is this outrageous, in that we are all charged the same fees, I just got off the phone with a befuddled Etsy customer service rep. I was told that unless I offer free shipping, EVEN my promoted listings will go beyond the first page in the search, unless it's very rare with little competition. So, Etsy is charging me for a service they have agreed to but will not honor. This sounds illegal to me.

megr18
8/26/19
• Updated review

I can share that Etsy is working with me to remedy this situation. While it took my persistence to make this happen, Etsy does deserve some credit for seeking to resolve.

“Read This Before You Buy From Etsy”
8/24/19
• Previous review

Apparently in an Etsy review, you cannot share what the seller wrote to you...in this case, Katya from BeGenuine. I opened a case and found out my review was removed at the request of the seller because I quoted what the seller wrote to me. So, in reality, I would assume that most negative reviews are removed. Also, the ability to write a new "compliant" review is not an option. Basically, this reveals that the reviews on the sellers are misleading. Sellers appear to be reputable, but they may not be. This is fraud in my opinion.

markk174
8/26/19

Etsy is nothing but a scam wrapped in a nice website. My credit card was used fraudulently to charge $231 for merchandise from a vendor listed as twistedsisterC processed by Etsy. Etsy processed the credit card without address verification or a CVV which is unconscionable. I sent an e-mail to verification@etsy.com as instructed on the Etsy website with a promised response of 24 hours. I followed up with additional e-mails and filed a case complaint verbally with Etsy at which time they promised a 24 to 48 hour response. It has not been 7 days and 6 days respectively with no response. I just called and told it could take up to 3 weeks but that I wouldn't be receiving a response because I don't have an "Etsy Account." Obviously they have no business ethics, no concern for their sellers and certainly no grasp on reality if they think I am going to open an Etsy account so that I can get a response to fraud. Obviously Etsy is only interested in revenue and will let all problems be duked out between buyers and sellers without protecting either. This company has no integrity!!!!!!!!

abdelrahmanh1
8/24/19

etsy doesnt respect the seller and they suspend any account they want. the customer service also are Terrible:
-they not respond to my messages and my tickets.
-etsy team doesn't listen to my complaints.
-They never respond to my appeal more than two months ago
-they suspended me from the chat while I am talking to them .. I swear to you i did not smell or do anything wrong .. Just told me wait a little to see the problem and then they told me without any introductions you will not be able to chat with us again without even talking about my problem !!!!.

my advice to anyone who want to sell on it .. please try any other platform because etsy will make you lose all the time that you spent to build the shop, the traffic and the customers.. and will make you lose any investment like marketing budget on promoted listings, fees and social platforms ads.

In the end, I loved etsy more than any other platform in the world, but after being disrespected, I hate it very much now and most of the reviews I have seen agree.

And I think etsy is a bubble and will explode sooner from any competitor who builds good relationships with his vendors. and It follows the interest policy of sellers and buyers, not just the interest of the company

jeanf99
8/18/19

Etsy has fallen from its original global conscious platform. It is literally exposing loyal buyers to greedy carpet baggers. It protects their vendors by taking down negative reviews . There's now a lack of integrity and transparency
They victimize their purchasers which I've been for 10 years spending close to 10k I've now closed my account because I was swindled by one of their vendors "yourlinenwish" order #14812170666 , Etsy took no steps in mediating the transaction. I paid handsomely for products that were suppose to be handmade by a family business instead my neighbor delivered my package which was a series of bagged items littered with Made in China labels on them ... what would any consumer do but ask WTF? I contacted the vendor they said I was racist for asking the question...umm not likely cuz I'm Asian... lol
Seriously I'm done with Etsy ... as an artisan and maker or fine things ...Etsy is a scam
I feel bad for the legitimate vendors I've purchased from and supported in the 10 yrs sorry guys pls find a better way to sell your items don't use Etsy my money is going to be spent elsewhere
If you decide to buy linen clothing on Etsy look for "notperfectlinen" they're from Lithuania... the quality and price point is legitimate.

kokow
8/16/19

Closed your seller account with no reason no mail no customer service help you back your account , you cant open any new one
if you log in from any cyber cafe public wifi they closed your account as a comon ip
dont tell you why they close your account
not just me over 5000 person in group on facebook have the same problem in just my country and i see the same problem in all the world

joshuah188
8/10/19

A long time ago, I used to buy many art supplies for my projects on a different page and it was hella expensive! One of my mom's friends recommended me etsy and I started with the travel books and that was it for me, the rest of my art supplies that I now buy from here are pretty good in large part and the quality is very durable.

tomh707
8/9/19

I used to enjoy shopping at Etsy, but I would advise not to shop overseas. In my case they took a month to ship the item and then another month for the item to ship. However, it never reached my house. I contacted the shop, who did not respond. Soon after, the 100 day window ended, so I cannot open a case or review the items that I never received. I am no longer shopping at Etsy.

deanc101
7/31/19

Bought a lamp off here from
China/Japan depending on which message I get. Paid for express shipping, then told i needed to send tax number??? Utter rubbish, then told it won't arrive when I wanted it but would turn up three days late! Now it's five days late. They had two
Weeks to deliver. Never buying off this site again

kianal5
7/30/19

I shop here alot and they always catch my eyes. And very secure and lovely handmade with affordable price.

callal2
7/29/19

I have bought from several sellers on Etsy, and each transaction has been perfect and ended with me having something which I could not have bought anywhere else. Several times I have bought handmade items from small businesses and each time found the seller to be keen to provide the perfect item, even when I have asked if small changes can be made for me. I have found Etsy to have the choice and convenience of online shopping, but with the personal touch of shopping locally.

jonathanc306
7/28/19

etsy is a HORRIBLE company. i purchased a hat from them 2 mos ago which was never delivered. they will not respond , there "phone numbers" end in robots telling you that they do not accept calls, and they want to charge YOU to ask a customer service bot a question. they told me that i have to contact their seller in GREECE to find out what happened to my purchase , but they will give me no info on how to do that. they have kept my money- i have no product. DO NOT ORDER THROUGH ETSY- you will be sorry. there is no recourse for any problems.

edgarj19
7/27/19

I haven't purchase anything yet, but I really like handmade and vintage clothing.
I recommend this website

autumnm27
7/25/19

While searching for a lot of things online that I want, Etsy comes up as a suggestion on Google Shopping. I know several people that sell on Etsy, but I never have, so I can't speak for that aspect which is why I gave this review 4 stars instead of 5. However, every time I've bought from a seller on Etsy I've gotten the quality and promised item. I've never had a problem. In fact, once I wanted to change a personalized product after purchase and the seller was nice enough to correct the order right away and fix what I had done wrong in the description. Everyone I've bought from has been very nice and gives the quality they promise!

calypsoc1
7/25/19

I have ordered from Etsy more than once and never received my items. What ever you do don't order any from Asia, you'll be sorry and get ripped off.

janed546
7/21/19

1.Zero support for sellers..no one to speak to by phone.There is a seller handbook which focuses on customers,not sellers.
2.No transparency or clarity re the complaints process for sellers against Etsy..the only information available refers to customer seller dispute resolution.Is the absence of a clear complaints process for sellers even legal?
3.Inexplicable,extortionate fees taken by Etsy for listing,renewal,sales,VAT and taxes at the point of sale even though I was not VAT registered.Etsy not only take a cut for sales but even for shipping when this has nothing to do with Etsy.Sellers challenged the latter but they still introduced it due to corporate greed.
4.Etsy recently demanded that sellers offer free shipping to the US for orders over £25 otherwise they would not promote the sellers shop.This has put smaller shops out of business as they could no longer afford to trade and has immediately increased prices for customers.Not only has this lead to sellers leaving but they must have lost a large chunk of the market.An example of corporate bullying as well as being illogical and possibly illegal.

juliam211
7/18/19

I've had few good sales on Etsy (as a seller) until I bumped into a scammer. No matter how hard I tried getting on hold with someone senior from Etsy, I did not have any luck. If you try to phone them up, they will tell you they are not authorised to advice. If you send email to support, they will respond with generic answers. I've lost the case despite pointing out all the facts about buyer's and providing proof on my side. Ah yes, when the buyer complained first, of course I offered immediate return+refund etc. But instead it was an immediate case filed. I was forced to do immediate refund + pat for return shipment. Surprise: this was completely not what has been sent to the buyer. When I tried to contact Etsy again, with even more proof (photos+videos of what I was selling against what I've received), my account was simply banned. Nowhere I've seen such a bad attitude to the sellers and so little protection.

yuris24
7/18/19

If you wish to enjoy something out of this world, this is the place to find it: https://www.etsy.com/shop/kreatekat. Here is a choice of wonderful art to brighten up your home and your day every day. From a one of a kind art piece, made with a damask design in yellow on a background of multicolor layered paint to Waves of Gray Woolen Blanket, to perfect Holiday Wrap White Delicate Crochet with Pale Green Border, to Bronze Trinket Dish of Interwoven Three Leaves... it is all but a wonderful. world of true art.
Yuri Spilny
Amazon.com/books on true Love and Freedom

mishellep1
7/15/19

I ordered a pair of sandals through Etsy. I pushed the Submit button a second time because nothing seemed to happen the first time. Two pairs of sandals were shipped in one box, but I was charged for shipping twice. I was ultimately charged $347.28 CAD, including $73.82 CAD for shipping, for a pair of sandals that I thought was going to cost me $136.73 CA! I opened a case for dispute resolution, but Etsy did absolutely nothing for me.

monserratep
7/8/19

I bought at Etsy.com three expensive Native American sterling silver feathers from seller don ricke from Jewelrybyxinar bytheway be aware of this seller ones you paid him he never sends items he is the nastiest, thief, stinky and evil person,well I don't know if he is a person or a demon. Etsy knows that he stole my money and did nothing to resolve this problem. I used to buy a lot from Etsy but not anymore Etsy is the worst shop to buy because of so many sellers that are thieves. But not all sellers at Etsy are thieves a few that are good, honest, and great (persons) sellers. I honestly think Etsy administers are thieves. But the worst of the worst is don ricke the seller from Hell from Jewelrybyxinar. Please Americans be aware of this thief and thief helpers Etsy.com Sincerely M.P.

gg136
7/8/19

Please do not order from this site. I placed two orders and both times my money was taken and my products not shipped. Etsy does not vet the sellers which means buying on this site is a crap shoot. Two companies to avoid is Theteescene and Devsoft.

johnn530
6/25/19

When I located a wall sticker on Etsy's site it read price including GST. At checkout the total of item + freight + GST was then subject to GST.
The wall sticker was of Palm Trees, and no matter how careful I had been, and I did read the instructions, I could not separate the palm tree's leaves from the backing paper without damaging the sticker, the result was a mess, I had to throw it away. I think maybe the glue was to strong or to old.
Etsy was absolutely no help, they responded just once to say they only charged GST once. All in all it cost me almost $90 and have nothing to show for it. Etsy did not offer anything.
Etsy you stink! The owners of businesses like yours should be jailed for fraud.

millsiej
6/24/19

I had an Etsy shop for over a year. They started out easy to work with, and a generally great place to sell my handmade crafts. But as wave after wave of changes came, they began to become too expensive to sell with, and their ridiculous new restrictions and rules were too difficult to keep track of. Now, I won't even shop with them. Too many scams and fakes selling there who go unpunished while genuine business go through all sorts of hoops just to stay up.

914 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

You don't. You can check feedback and hopefully it will be honest, not a fake review. personally, after what etsy did to me as a seller, I would NEVER shop there again! If they treat the seller like $#*!, they won't be nuch better for a buyer who has a problem. Frankly, they have become all about the money and don't give a fig about buyers or sellers! Its a shame, they used to be a good company. Guess going bigger wasn't better for them....but they have to pay for that new bldg in NYC somehow I guess.

By Bre g.

I would have to say no, with LOTS of exceptions. In the past few years Etsy has allowed business to claim handmade if it meets certain criteria. I often see many items that claim to be handmade but I have seen them on Alibaba being sold in bulk. That being said I look very closely and have purchased some wonderfu items from great sellers. The biggest problem with Etsy is that they no longer protect customers from fraud (they say they are not liable) but in doing that lots and lots or resellers and counterfeit items have saturated Etsy' s marketplace. I would never buy anything "vintage" there. What I have seen you are getting thrift store rejects or modern fake. Buyer beware! Investigate all vendors carefully!!

By Tracy Q.

I am agree with Ramina. 90% is not hand made . all comes from Factories . when someone has over 8000's item don't you ask who made it . They are all over from Pakistan to turkey east to west up united state . Etsy is happy just to take your money and every 4 or 5 months closing one store to show off and if you have some money as a credit they take it too . no customer service , no respect no manor , they made policy just for FUN and they have FUN with our pocket . stay far from them FAR FAR.

By Behzad G.

I agree with Steve J on this one. A lot of sellers on Etsy work from home in the evenings for extra money. Most of them are not big businesses with massive inventories so I would give them the benefit of the doubt. Give them a little more time and if they dont send it out then file a case with etsy

By Peeved O.

Business checking isn't necessary (the banks now charge a monthly fee for a small business checking). You can pretty much set up a regular checking account

By A S.

If you do, I would be cautious about ordering from international sellers, use a credit card in case you need to contest the charges, and do NOT expect ETSY do a thing if you get ripped off. They are useless and could care less once the sale is final.

By jean w.

I am no sure why this would be the case. I have only paid through paypal and have never been asked personal financial information beyond paypal. It is odd that you have experienced this issue. What personal financial information have you been asked to divulge?

By Nancy M.

The best and quickest thing to do is to email the seller and let them know that you would like to return for a refund.

By Shirley M.

Yes, it certainly is. I've also been selling for many years, never had a problem. Using PayPal is great if you ever should have a problem, as you're protected in the event of theft. If you were hacked somehow would be the only way it would be a concern for me, so I am careful about using good passwords and changing them often (Etsy password) I would not worry about the safety of Etsy direct at all.

By Jodi H.

Read the reviews!

By Richyl H.
Questions? Get answers from the Etsy staff and other customers.

Etsy?