Review of Etsy

Tel: +1-718-855-7955
2018 Customer choice award

jaym343
6/13/19

Selling on this site has become a joke. I have over 14000 sales and sales just keep dropping, my amazon and eBay sites have doubled in the past year. now I work for Etsys high fees and disregard for high level sellers. There motto is keep sighing up new sellers and set the hook. I am going to close my site and put my money and time where I can make a profit.

mariaz53
6/7/19

Great Disappointment. Don't buy from this so call Etsy because when you have a problem with a vendor will not help on Cancellation they will not do nothing to resolve the issue! I purchase from this vendor Neme MYDAISY 2000. The name off the person ALA ZAB on June 6/6/2019 and tray to cancel the item she tell me the is policy is not Returns or Cancellation o Credit card o well she took my credit card wen I told her to cansel she said not refund's the purchase will be send on the 6/11/2019:: I call Etsy tell me to deal with the vendor o went I receive the order to returned and call my banker to resolve this Issue! Send a email to MYDAISY again and she was working and someone sed the purchase today 6/7/2019 I call my bank to process with my Refund on my credit card, this Site is a ripoff,,,Maria Zuco Fom Florida USA.

daves598
6/6/19

No customer service? I bought rare seeds on their site and they turned out to be total crap. Elstinko is a totally scam and Etsy doesn't even respond to my complaints

maryg609
6/5/19

I won't buy from Esty any longer. They have no way to pay with a credit card, only through Paypal. I canceled my order and won't be shopping there again. If this is customer service, they need to go back to school. I'm spreading the word because because nobody should be forced to do anything they don't want to do it. I wish there was a category for ZERO stars!
Mary Lou

wallyg3
6/3/19

I received an etsy gift card. I went on and made my first purchase. I was pleased with everything. The selection, the quality, the ease of ordering, and the delivery.
So I ordered another item. Not so impressed. Small selection. (engraved cuff links). The merchant couldn't get the order instructions from the site template so after 2 weeks sent me another template to use (after telling me they'd already shipped it - which obviously they hadn't). It was supposed to be a gift and there was insufficient time to get the item (as long as 21 days according to the merchant) so I cancelled and got a refund - thank god for THAT)
So I gave them another chance and ordered from another merchant. This time all went smoothly until I received an email saying the package was delivered. It wasn't.

I've asked etsy if I can get a cash refund or visa gift card refund. I'm disinclined to give them another chance.

andyk114
5/31/19

Bought a LED Light from Leigh, owner of LEDlightstore. Item wasn't delivered as promised, and this company has no verifiable street address. When I e-mailed my concern over this, she got very nasty. As one who provides customer service, I apologized, but never received a response. Finally got the light, and it is small, cheap wiring, and a disappointment. First time I went off buying from Amazon and E-bay and tried Etsy never again. Do NOT buy from this seller, or quite frankly, this site. Absolutely NO customer support.

annaa188
5/28/19

RosyroseStudio this seller from Etsy took my money and delivered the order to wrong address, not the one I mentioned when placing my order. After contacting her and asking to send it to my mentioned address so I can get my order that I paid for she told me that it is not her business to take care of delivery process and told me that I am a liar. After many days of talking with Etsy I finally got a refund, however such sellers creat very disgusting experience.

alexb458
5/25/19

Questionable business practices allowing some sellers to sell regular coins as 'gold coins.' They have also removed other legitimate sellers for bias and discriminatory reasons yet they allow others to sell fakes!? Use at your own peril. I definitely do not recommend.

tuesdayf
5/24/19

Naturalsbynana.

I asked a question about a product...no reply for a while.

I ordered the products(3).

Product never showed up.
I sent 5 -8 emails regarding my order.

The reply: we didn't know if you wanted it AND excuses- we are moving ...

Still no product.

I send email again asking about my shipment or should I contact BBB.

FINALLY a response.

"We cancelled your order, refunding your money, we do not appreciate threats, we do not want your business!!!

WHAT????

I'm furious!
What kind of business and customer service is this??????

THIS IS WHAT WAS SENT TO ME::::

Refund History

May 23, 2019

$38.80 was returned to your Visa.

Reason for refund

Shop owner declines sale

Note from Seller

Your payment has been refunded. Your order is being canceled. If you do receive tracking/shipping notice please disregard as we have also canceled that label. We are a very small company that is very short handed, as explained to you earlier. We did process your order this evening and it was set to leave in the morning. Unfortunately, I, nor my boss, Kim (nana) appreciate threats. Due to which we decline your business.

robertw814
5/23/19

if you're doing ANYTHING besides purchasing something, the Etsy website looks nice BUT SUCKS for the following reasons. #1 I have to lodge this critique on a third party site becuase there IS NO PLACE on Etsy to critique them (I guess they feel they have built the first perfect website).#2 if I go anyplace, especially to my sold items, which buy the way is difficult to ascertain with just symbols, I Can't get back to the home page because there are NO LINks on the subsequent pages to go other places like my home page #3. a user has to click each non-labeled symbol link hoping to blindly get back someplace that they can't and then ultimately find out the only way to get away from the infernal useless place oin etsys I am at, is to CLICK the BACK BUTTON ON THE BROWSER and watch the pages flick back and hope I get to the one I want.

jerrys319
5/16/19

I ordered a some personalized note cards for a friend, but they did not come. I looked up the order and found that they had emailed me a bunch of questions. I responded with an emphatic message to hurry and just send the damn cards! Still no https://www.finestationery.com/checkout/onepage/success/ delivery! Again I checked online about my order. Cindy Sennet w/ thegentlemansstudy responded that I did not answer one of her unnecessary questions! I've ordered lots of stuff online over the years, but this was the worst experience I have EVER had! Avoid this company! And I still have not received the cards! But my friend's birthday came and went! TOO LATE!!!

migdaliaa
5/6/19

I purchased an item on APRIL 19 which as yet to be delivered and cannot even track it with the number my seller gave me. It is now May 6th and I tried to call the Etsy customer service phone number which tells you to log in to esty.com/help.

WARNING: Do Not do this unless you want to get a hideous virus on your computer!!!!!!!

This is the absolutely the worst company (website) ever. If you don't believe the other reviews the please believe mine so you don't have to go through this headache.

sallyh129
5/6/19

I've had a few successful purchases on Etsy....but, and it's a big BUT....when I had a real problem, a $266 purchase that was basically unusable due to the product failing (it was 3 silicone molds), the seller just blamed it on me (what???) and when I opened a dispute, Etsy just took the sellers word that it was me that had damaged the product! (By the way, the seller is Resin Sun....so don't ever buy anything from her) They took less then 1/2 hour to make that decision, even though I sent pictures and even offered to send a video of how the product was failing. So, don't expect to ever get your money back if a sale goes sideways.....it's truly just gambling that you'll have a good experience and not get ripped off.

maimounad
5/4/19

The seller unhelpful at all ,she hasn't deal good way , as she does not respect others . But then etsy.com make a good deals

indrep1
5/4/19

I have not received my order, fallowed all the instructions (contacted the seller directly, waited a several days for the seller to respond, then contacted etsy customer service) and in the end was informed that the platform cant contact the seller and does not provide refunds.

So just keep your thingers crossed the seller is reliable!

marcyh10
4/23/19

I bought some pearls on Etsy because the price is just too good to pass. It's a complete joke and pearls took 3 weeks to get to me from China. I took it to a jeweler friend and he said it doesn't look right.
Disappointed that Etsy allows fake jewerly sell on their website. Don't buy!!!

oliviap150
4/20/19

I am a seller and I am faced with a planned buyer fraud and Etsy did not help me. I had a customer who ordered a custom product in my shop. During production process the buyer requested to cancel the order, then decided to continue production thereby lengthening the production time. After the order was shipped with all supporting documents (tracking number with mail stamp), photos the buyer opened the case and requested a refund due to the fact that the dispatch was delayed. I made the refund to her. After she was refunded she left 1 star review and wrote that the product never was shipped and she did not get the refund. Besides the fact that she received the goods and money back she lied. I asked Etsy to delete this review as it is a lie. I have all document proving that the order was sent and received by the buyer. Etsy did not remove this review because it does not contradict their Policy.
In each product I put my soul and it is very disappointing when such situations happened and I could not do anything but fraudster buyer can spoil your rating.

jonathand170
4/18/19

I am a seller. I have always liked etsy. I always heard they were strict and would not tolerate scammers or user abuse. Well I was used the F word on by someone with account who I do not know. Who has never bought from me and I have never had dealings with. He left a nasty message to me for no reason at all. I guess the person may have mental illness. But due to the safety of their community, they should ban and not allow these type of users on there. I reported his profanity to ETSY and they did absolutely nothing. I would not suggest people use this site, as Etsy does not protect its family of sellers from this type of destructive behavior.

jenniferw557
4/16/19

Etsy marketing sent personal email if I want to increase number in sales and review to attract customers with so expensive price. I just opened my store for a month. I didn't use it but you will see many sellers use it with thousands or more than 10,000 of SALES in their Etsy shop and fake review. it many sellers of wall hanging from Rusia and China copy your product even worse using pictures from other seller accounts or instagram. I reported to Etsy no response. It is very unfair for the honest seller.

drizzleb
4/15/19

Don't buy from this site, because when you have problem with your order they won't responsible for anything, for instant if the seller sent you fake tracking number, the escalate team will say it's not their responsibility if the tracking number is wrong or error as soon as the seller have tracking number for you. This means any seller can fake tracking number and they will get away with it. Or if the item does not arrive, the escalate team will called it a late arriving and you have to contact the shipping company by your self. And not even talk about refund, because most of the shops on ETSY pay through PayPal and thus they will advise you to contact PayPal your self for refund. All in all this website is a $#*! scammer who responsible for nothing that ever happened to you lost order. Ehh.. but they will responsible for the damage item, however needed the proof but where could you give them proof when item never arrived. Hahaha what's a joke website!!!
Contact ETSY escalate team and open case on ETSY is a wasted of time and shopping on Etsy is a wasted of money.

jessicas631
4/14/19

It's been almost 10 years selling on Etsy. At first it was absolutely wonderful with a great community but over the last few years etsy's greed has gotten the best of them. With ever growing fees and new fees being added. Changes that are for Etsy's benefit and hurt the seller. Etsy has gone downhill and fast. It's sad to see what was once a great platform for sellers selling handmade items turn into greed and cheap mass produced items.

mohaa6
4/9/19

Ordered startrek stuff once, everything was nice. If want to find something unusual, see here, Hovewer a lot of dishonest sellers also are present here.

norahs2
4/8/19

The person below does not even identify by its name and is not brave to upload its own picture, and yet, he/she dares to refute scam victims! Certainly one of these Etsy scammers afraid of truth!

It is obvious that Etsy itself does NOT sell anything but it is a scam site created by thieves for thieves! Once you get scammed, Etsy will send an auto-response telling you that it is up to scammer whether your stolen money will be returned or not. If you appreciate such kind of bizarre fraud - go ahead! If not, then you know what to do!

sashav20
4/7/19

Those that are posting below are referring to a specific shop and not Etsy itself, which is a little unfair. Etsy is a website that effectively allows people to open up their own stores and sell their goods (like Ebay, except it specializes with homemade, crafted products).

I have had so much success with Etsy, purchasing a number of items over the years. Recently, I got to see the other side of Etsy with their case system.

What happens if a store doesn't send you what you pay for? You open up a case. The vendor has 5 days to respond to your case and resolve the issue without Etsy needing to intervene. The shop that I was having problems with did not respond, so I escalated my case.

Etsy then responded that the seller had two additional days to either send me what I purchased or refund me. If not, they said that they would immediately refund me, and shut down their shop until they reimbursed Etsy for their funds. I was blown away by the customer service that Etsy provided and I really do encourage people to keep shopping here.

noellem13
3/31/19

I bought a setting that is already is bending and the vendor will not help. I recommend that you stay away from Quincy custom jewelry or his real name Quong. You will get no help from him once he gets his money.

914 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

You don't. You can check feedback and hopefully it will be honest, not a fake review. personally, after what etsy did to me as a seller, I would NEVER shop there again! If they treat the seller like $#*!, they won't be nuch better for a buyer who has a problem. Frankly, they have become all about the money and don't give a fig about buyers or sellers! Its a shame, they used to be a good company. Guess going bigger wasn't better for them....but they have to pay for that new bldg in NYC somehow I guess.

By Bre g.

I would have to say no, with LOTS of exceptions. In the past few years Etsy has allowed business to claim handmade if it meets certain criteria. I often see many items that claim to be handmade but I have seen them on Alibaba being sold in bulk. That being said I look very closely and have purchased some wonderfu items from great sellers. The biggest problem with Etsy is that they no longer protect customers from fraud (they say they are not liable) but in doing that lots and lots or resellers and counterfeit items have saturated Etsy' s marketplace. I would never buy anything "vintage" there. What I have seen you are getting thrift store rejects or modern fake. Buyer beware! Investigate all vendors carefully!!

By Tracy Q.

I am agree with Ramina. 90% is not hand made . all comes from Factories . when someone has over 8000's item don't you ask who made it . They are all over from Pakistan to turkey east to west up united state . Etsy is happy just to take your money and every 4 or 5 months closing one store to show off and if you have some money as a credit they take it too . no customer service , no respect no manor , they made policy just for FUN and they have FUN with our pocket . stay far from them FAR FAR.

By Behzad G.

I agree with Steve J on this one. A lot of sellers on Etsy work from home in the evenings for extra money. Most of them are not big businesses with massive inventories so I would give them the benefit of the doubt. Give them a little more time and if they dont send it out then file a case with etsy

By Peeved O.

Business checking isn't necessary (the banks now charge a monthly fee for a small business checking). You can pretty much set up a regular checking account

By A S.

If you do, I would be cautious about ordering from international sellers, use a credit card in case you need to contest the charges, and do NOT expect ETSY do a thing if you get ripped off. They are useless and could care less once the sale is final.

By jean w.

I am no sure why this would be the case. I have only paid through paypal and have never been asked personal financial information beyond paypal. It is odd that you have experienced this issue. What personal financial information have you been asked to divulge?

By Nancy M.

The best and quickest thing to do is to email the seller and let them know that you would like to return for a refund.

By Shirley M.

Yes, it certainly is. I've also been selling for many years, never had a problem. Using PayPal is great if you ever should have a problem, as you're protected in the event of theft. If you were hacked somehow would be the only way it would be a concern for me, so I am careful about using good passwords and changing them often (Etsy password) I would not worry about the safety of Etsy direct at all.

By Jodi H.

Read the reviews!

By Richyl H.
Questions? Get answers from the Etsy staff and other customers.

Etsy?