Amazon UK

Amazon UK has a consumer rating of 3.47 stars from 197 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with Amazon UK most frequently mention customer service, next day and good prices. Amazon UK ranks 36th among Marketplace sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 26.7%

No positive highlights yet

• Dreadful customer service and very apathetic response from the floor supervisor and telephone agents for that matter.
How would you rate Amazon UK?

“Stay home stay safe”

Shisir A.
6/16/20

At this crisis moment of the pandemic Coronavirus, we are receiving orders through online. In this regard our delivery process depends on the Government's Instructions about COVID-19. However Walton has taken some special initiatives for delivering the products to the valued customers obeying the Government's Instructions as well as maintaining personal safety of the persons who will deliver the products. Therefore, it may take some time in the delivery of products. Please Stay Home & Stay Safe

“Plasma Ball Broken after 5 months... No return option. Put it in the bin!”

Alex W.
5/29/21

Bought a Plasma Ball from Amazon. It broke after 5 months. Essentially nothing can be done, No refund option. Essentially its gone beyond the 90 day warranty period which basically means tough. I used to think there was a 12 month warranty on any product I bought in the UK however this is not the case. Be very careful using amazon! I used to use them a lot but thankfully this has taught me a lesson and it only cost me Seventeen pounds for the privilege. I will use a reputable seller in future.

customer service (25)
alexw615
May 29th, 2021

Tip for consumers:
Be weary - most products now have only a 90 day warranty..Not so bad when its a cheap item like this but ordering through Amazon and spending a lot more money on a product that is not covered after 90 days! could prove costly..

Plasma Ball

loanu1
February 28th, 2021

Don't value your custom for over 15 years!
Send out rude/inflammatory emails asking why your return products!
Well if they didn't send out faulty/poor quality items or not to brand standard, then customers would not have to return!
Maybe they should familiarise their selves with the Consumers rights act 2015, of their customers have a right to return!
Rude customer services!
Won't be my first go to point to shop going forward!

jimm1081
March 3rd, 2020

Worst company ever see. Bought couple antennas and paid 21 february. 1st arrived its 26/02 but item stay 3 days milano italy.
05/03 change delivery day. Now more problem wit ups can't macho address, phone number etc. amazon say delivery day 05/03-19/03.
Say sorry about delay and give me back shipping cost!
China delivery more fast through nederland.
What i say? Never buy again from amazon uk
Im waiting bout month arrived on small packet from europe.
AMAZING

chrisw1027
February 21st, 2020

Late deliveries. Wrong items delivered. No exchange.
Amazon deliberately make it difficult to place orders without also buying Prime. The process is intentionally confusing making it an unpleasant and unnecessarily aggressive selling tactic.
Prime Next Day Delivery? More like "If We Deliver Anything, It'll Be Late And Probably Not What You Wanted"

matthewl812
July 5th, 2021

Amazon charge my card 2 x £77.60 (£145.20) without permission and with no purchase made and with 90 mins on customer service, there was no sympathy, zero customer ‘support' and no willing to help give me MY money. So much stress and very challenging to speak to anyone. Am out £145.20…. Why do I need to fight this unnecessary action that I can evidence?

shisira
June 16th, 2020

vishangs
July 7th, 2021

What a fantastic little set, plus it's solar-powered, so there are no batteries to worry about. You may cycle among many effects by using the on/off and mode switches on the back of the panel. Both wall and ground mounting options are available (screws and wallplugs supplied). The panel has a variable tilt that may be adjusted to maximise the amount of sunshine it receives.
The 8 metre light string has 60 individual LED lights each set in a small star.
Great little set & no batteries.
Off to find somewhere to put this now in the garden.
Hope this review helps your decision.
I love solar lights in the garden so when I saw these I grabbed them.
I left them charging in the sunlight inside the house for a couple of days before putting them in their place in the garden. There are several modes you can choose - all flashing, half and half flashing, slow flashing and all on. I am not a fan of flashing so mine are on all the time it is dark enough providing there has been sufficient sun to charge it up in the day. The product description mentions a remote control but mine didn't come with one so I can't comment on how that works. I love the star shape and I'm very happy with these lights. Thanks for reading. Each of the 60 individual LED lights on the 8-meter light string is arranged in a tiny star. It's a great small kit that doesn't require batteries. I'm off to find a spot in the garden for this right now. I hope this review aids you in making your selection. I'm a big fan of solar lights in the garden, so when I saw them, I had to get them. Before placing them in the garden, I kept them charging in the sunlight inside the home for a couple of days.

GREAT SELLER AND WORTH BUYING

SAME ONE, THE BEST ONE SO FAR

corinneo21
July 11th, 2021

I tend to use Amazon more than Google now for anything I need to buy online. It's fast delivery service is magnificent.

Regular purchases

fergusm2
July 3rd, 2020

I purchase a 3 person Jobe towable on Amazon. It arrived in good time. We used it with two people once. After 40 minutes of use, it deflated quite quickly. Back on dry land we examined and found that the inner tube was badly cut in the same shape as the webbing stitching inside the towable. Nearly a mirror cut pattern. We open a chain in Amazon. It automatically posts a response that your issue with be responded to in 7 days. After nine-days, I contacted Amazon through the live chat. That was 30 minutes of getting nowhere. I just gave up in the end. Really shocking customer service

avnerf
June 10th, 2021
Verified purchase

I live in Israel and have been an loyal Amazon customer for many years. I placed an order with Amazon UK on May 29. I paid them an extra amount for shipping which was almost one third the item price. They did not ship my order for five days. I tried to have them call me but they only call a handful of European countries. Their Chat Service is only virtual with no live agent. Finally an Amazon UK representative called me a dozen times but every time I picked up the phone I heard recorded music. When she finally came on the line she interrogated me for about twenty minutes just to "authenticate" me. When she was done authenticating she said that my order would be shipped "soon." When Amazon UK did ship my order, it used the cheapest possible carrier, Australia Post Global, even though I had paid them for fast shipping. My order only reached APG three days after that, eight days after it was placed. Today is June 10, twelve days after I placed my order, and I have not received it. APG gave me information about my shipment that contradicted the information I received from their Israeli agents, Gaash Forwarding. APG at first said my shipment would land on June 8, then said that it had landed on the morning of June 9. Gaash claimed they had not received it. My messages to the Managing Director of Amazon UK, John Boumphrey, were answered by arrogant Amazon reps who said that everything was okay and that they could not give me any information. Gaash finally informed today that they had received my shipment and would deliver it tomorrow, June 11. This kind of "service" gives Amazon a very bad name. APG and Gaash are irresponsible in contradicting one another. Caveat emptor (let the buyer beware). Never agree to Amazon using cheap and unknown carriers. Always demand they use FedEx, UPS or DHL Express.

Tip for consumers:
When ordering from Amazon UK be sure to insist on an early dispatch and on a fast and reliable carrier

BT Decor phone

shanem213
December 10th, 2020

Amazon Customer Service a disaster. I made a complaint 12 months ago informing them of an account lockout. I had made a complaint in relation to items not delivered. I have reiterated this advice 13 times including another three attempts today, always given the promise of a callback or email resolution. Follow-up was never received. I am at a loss of €500 for over 12 months.

anthonyt450
July 4th, 2020

I have been using Amazon Prime for many years now, and although I have had my fair share of issues ranging from fake items being sold to poor delivery estimates, Amazon's customer service, returns policy, efficiency, and systems are very good and have steadily improved over the years.

Most of my purchases (mainly electrical and electronic) are now from Amazon, with the more random and less dependable eBay coming in second. On many occasions I have surprisingly found Amazon prices, especially on new items, to be cheaper than on eBay, and there is no competition when it comes to customer service, with eBay being a bit of a joke if you expect a quick resolve when things go wrong.

Please note that I am referring to the Amazon Prime service that you have to pay a yearly subscription to use (about £79.00 at the time of writing this review). For me, the cost of this Prime membership is well worth it, but you will have to decide for yourself if this offers good value for money, as this will of course depend on your individual requirements, budget, and needs.

It would take something quite dramatic for me to stop using Amazon, but there's always room for improvements, hence the 4 rather than 5 stars.

saraw391
July 7th, 2021
Verified purchase

This item is the memory foam+Pocket sprung model mattress, 26cm high, good quality and best price
Fast delivery by UPS, LANKOU brand on Amazon uk

Tip for consumers:
When you open the package,you need leave it on floor for more than 72 hours to let it be it's original shape

Products used:
This item is good for use and good quality

salamio
January 20th, 2021

This is a scam website. Amazon uk is…
This is a scam website. Amazon uk is nothing but thieves.My amazon uk account was closed, order not despatched.My money i loaded in the wallet from my bank was closed along it. This website is just soiling uk as a nation, I advise uk govt to scrape it. I will still go on legal tussle with them and they must cough out my money.Be warned, The order #**************526.Run from this website, IT IS SCAM!

oliviah156
November 14th, 2020

I'm absolutely appalled by the amount of packaging they are using at them monument. Items getting packed in separate boxes which could easily have been put in the same box and then padded out with extra paper. What a ridiculous waste! I know they're going to say the boxes and paper are recycled and recyclable but what they are clearly failing to acknowledge is that the recycling process itself burns huge amounts or energy!

They also dont have a proper customer complaints and feedback service. Perhaps the only way to get through to them is to alert Greenpeace and get them on the case. Clearly the only option they are leaving us is to publicly expose and humiliate them.

I will be boycotting them from now on!

garys50
May 28th, 2020

Finally found a means of sending Amazon a review. Had a couple of experiences recently with Amazon one blocking a genuine review because it impacted negatively on their own website and not the seller. I tried to place and order today and have gone through the qualify for free delivery I proceeded to checkout where 3 items would not be delivered to my address and de-selecting them was an ordeal that upset the entire order and reset things I had selected. My free delivery was now set to paid delivery and an item I had wanted 3 of was set to 1 something I did not spot until paid. I contacted customer service via chat to remedy the problem before order was processed too far. I was more or less called a liar and an idiot by the operator I was furious with the operator and ended up cancelling the entire order. Don't think I will be back anytime soon after this experience.

jamesh2651
June 29th, 2020

Amazon in the United Kingdom is very different from Amazon in the USA. The latter is governed by consumer protection laws, whereas the former is not. For example, I ordered a package of surgical masks for £21. After the order was placed, Amazon changed the seller of my order to a different seller that was selling an inferior version of the mask for less than half the price. My price didn't change, I was still charged £21 even though Amazon substituted an inferior product and they were getting it for a lower cost. When I confronted customer service, they told me I was getting what I asked for at the price I agreed to pay. They wouldn't accept the fact that the product wasn't the same. They told me if I didn't like it, then send it back. I did. I tried to buy masks again, figuring it was an isolated incident. It wasn't. The exact same thing happened. So I sent those back as well. I finally ordered from eBay. I got exactly what I asked for and wasn't scammed so they could keep more of my money.
The search engine... or lack of... Amazon's search engine is basically useless. Amazon isn't interested in helping you find what you want. They are only interested in trying to sell you as much useless rubbish as possible. The industry standard search operators do not work. For example, adding quotes before and after a search term is supposed to show you only the results that contain that particular term... nope doesn't work. Adding a hyphen before a keyword means exclude any results that contain that particular keyword... once again, nope doesn't work. For example, I search for "iPhone 11." I get a few iPhones and thousands of cases. So I add -case to the search, to exclude phone cases from the results. Now I get ZERO phones and all cases. Second... I searched for an iPhone 12 case. Now, if someone is searching for a case that fits a particular phone, it means they own that particular phone. So why is Amazon showing me a few cases for the iPhone 12 and hundreds of cases for iPhones I don't own? Like the iPhone X, the iPhone 11, the iPhone 8... none of these cases fit the 12, so why the EFF are you showing them to me?. A complete and total waste of my time. This is why I do not even bother searching for anything on Amazon and just shop elsewhere. Saves time and total frustration, which is much more important to me than saving a few pennies on a purchase.

melaniec174
January 17th, 2020

I bought a doll in awesome condition and was so excited I rated the seller. It was my first time using the app. I didn't realize once you rate the seller everything is a done deal, she never sent the book that was in the listing. I messaged her nicely a couple of times, she said she put it in the box and then just didn't respond again. I opened a case and it went nowhere. Piss poor customer service, HOWEVER she had no problem reporting my awful message to her, so since I can't change my review on there, I will review her everywhere else. 0 stars. The app sucks and the this seller sucks too.

jackg463
February 2nd, 2021

They dumped a delivery on my doorstep at 7.20 this morning, as soon as I saw the product i new it was the wrong thing, but of course the driver had it away on his toes, so I started the refund process but they don't seem to want the stuff back, I was told to get my own courier and Christ I tried but these big couriers don't want business from small folk like me wanting you to open up account, and when you contact Amazon who by the way are Philippine's, very polite but bloody usless, I managed to get one quote of £94 from parcel monies but the rejected me because I could not fill in Amazons phone number on the online form, it's like Amazon don't want to take the stuff back and I bet you you don't know Amazons phone number, I am nine miles away from Amazon in Fife you would think that with all the vans that are in and out our street every day that they could pick up the wrong order after all I was there mistake in the first place.
I am on the phone if any one at Amazon would like to give me a ring *******913 and fix a very easy task for you but a real pain for me

Disappointed Jack Gillies

Tip for consumers:
Would have been nice to know that would have made it easier to conclude the sale after all it was there mistake

Products used:
It was a saw but they delivered the wrong one ,I can’t get another until that refund my money ,and they ain’t very quick at doing that

martinf248
April 5th, 2021

I ordered an Xbox Wireless Controller for my grandsons birthday. When it arrived the controller was missing the back, and stick cushions and It was also covered it dirt. When I checked the invoice it said "Condition: Used - Like New Item will come in original packaging".
My first issue is that I ordered a NEW controller not a used item. And I certainly wouldn't have paid £48.00 for a used controller. Even if I had mistakenly ordered a used controller (Which to be fair is possible) The controller they sent was certainly not "Like New" as you can see from the photo's I have attached.
Now I have to say I am a regular customer with Amazon and I have NEVER had an issue with them in the past. I'm not sure if this controller came from a company that uses Amazon mrket place but regardless no controller should be sent out in this state.

Tip for consumers:
Amazon is an excellent company to purchase goods from but in this instance for whatever reason they supplied a substandard used controller with parts missing.
It may be that a company using Amazon market place supplied the item, I'm not sure. Please if you are going to order an X-Box wireless controller make sure you are buying a new one and if it's a present inspect it before giving it as a present.

X-Box Wireless Controller

irynas15
June 27th, 2021

Terrible service.
Due to an error in the software of the Amazon uk website, I was not able to pay for the order. An Amazon employee advised me to delete the order and buy again. But after I deleted the order, the price of the product increased 5 times! At the same time, no one returned the promo code to my balance, which I changed when placing an order. When contacting the support service, they answered me that these were just my problems. I have met this only at Amazon England! The Amazon service of other countries is great! Possible such an attitude is only towards non-residents of the UK, I don't know. Chame.

atashao
January 7th, 2021

In light of your incredible competency, we suggest you and we will utilize your best and craziest assistance once more. A debt of gratitude is in order for your astonishing work.

jasonc701
November 21st, 2019

Looks like fake listing guessing amazon aren't authorised to sell this monitor i pre ordered my back in oct Amazon have Cancelled My Order on the 16 nov they also have deleted my one of my shopping lists and history i called all i got is LG aren't supplying us they could not give me a straightforward answer i tried put a review on amazon no luck i bet they block negative reviews looks like you guys couldn't organise a p***-up in a brewery.
Guess i will have to buy from OCUK i brought all my parts from these guys they are more professional.

sarah470
December 17th, 2020

Just as an update from the previous review I submitted yesterday.

I have FINALLY heard back from the complaints team...

A refund for 1 of the items was issued, only 10 days after the item was 'lost' but I wont get the refund for another 5 - 7 days...
AND
I have been offered a £20 voucher for an Amazon product...

I couldn't contain my excitement *sense the sarcasm*

There has been no mention of the other refunds I was waiting for.
There has been no mention of the item that I currently have on order and when it might actually arrive (already a day late now).
There was no mention of what has actually caused the FOUR items I have ordered to be delayed and how the might resolve the issue.

I cannot warn people enough. DO NOT ORDER Exspenive items from AMAZON and DO NOT waste your money on AMAZON PRIME.

This is 4 x £300 items that have now been on order with AMAZON PRIME Since the 2nd Dec and I have not received a single one. Excuses are - 'lost item', 'out of stock (despite the customer service team saying there was 2 in stock) and 'computer glitch'.

I am really intrigued to see what the next excuse will be... I will update on here :)

jamesp387
November 11th, 2019

I love Amazon and have been a customer since 2013, when I was about 20 my adoration for this website started when I noticed my mum using it and so out of curiosity, I asked what it was. So this is a 5 star review based on as many years in the experience of making this review, though hopefully my writing will not be as lengthy as an essay about War and Peace.

While I do have traits of cynicism and nihilism, I'll be the first to give credit where credit is due and acknowledge great achievements of which I believe, Amazon is a step forward, not backwards, for humanity as a whole. Cue the sound of the marching band. I get it.

Prior to shopping here, I used the high street, carrying heavy bags home but now I only venture out for food shopping or down to the builders merchant for emergency and recreational DIY purposes. Someone's got to fill the gaps in driveway, right?

I never fail to be amazed by the sheer range of stock on Amazon. There is almost nothing you can't think of that can't be found using the search function, except "big things" like cars or boats... Who knows. They might get listed on there one day.

About 95% of stuff I was specifically looking for by model/brand and even detail can be found on Amazon. I'm such a fan that I exclusively use the NewDay credit card that gives amazon points for every day purchases. Items are delivered straight to your door so no heavy lifting or travelling. It is my opinion that Amazon has revolutionized the world of retail. For the better.

What do you mean for worse?! Well. Obviously there is the argument it takes business away from the high street. I disagree with that because for example you cant get pre made coffee delivered hot, you need to try clothes on generally even if you know your sizes and a shop you can walk into is convenient. Snakes and Ladders.

I do like the addition of the Prime membership upgrade which I have trialled, when subscribed to you can access lots of music, e books and films you can enjoy if you pay extra for it per month, however it's one of those that's not necessary but nice to have. Gucci.

Perhaps the only gripe I have is that you can't choose your delivery times and might have to arrange it with a seller. #smalltalk. I think a better way would be have Amazon hire a seperate delivery company (courier) that specializes in custom delivery times for the customer as some of us have had to work zero hour contracts so it's hard to tell when you can stay in and avoid a parcel going to the neighbor or left behind a wheelie bin as a security risk. Normally though I time it so it fits around any work commitments. Got 'em.

In closing I would say that it's still one of, if not the greatest place online and on earth to shop for the miscellaneous. I have heard that Amazon is venturing into the food market. We all know the potential issues of 1 single company dominating the world, which are valid concerns but it's up to other companies to step up and provide competition. Of which there is no compelling evidence so far. Change my mind, Stephen Crowder.

Still i'm happy to share many more years of business with them, the price points for the same item on the high street is always lower. I'm not particularly fond of Jeff Bezos or his politics. But great products, great prices, great service continue to be pulled out of the proverbial magic hat, where else would I get my stuff?. Thankyou Bezos. Top geezer.

It is very easy you just e-mail them and they get back to you within 2 days.

By Sara T.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Amazon UK staff and other customers.

Sign up to Amazon Prime for unlimited One-Day Delivery. Low prices at Amazon on digital cameras, MP3, sports, books, music, DVDs, video games, home & garden and much more.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon UK?

See reviews as you browse with our Firefox extension

3.5
Have a question about Amazon UK?