Review of Amazon.co.uk

Tel: 278-6234752
gamaciriaco@amazon.co.uk

alexag29
11/27/19
I rather buy here than in any other website because 1. I don't have any problems with my cc 2. I find everything I need here 3. They have a lot of options of the same product
doctora11
11/24/19
When it comes to purchasing large products, particularly "used" or "refurbished" products advertised on Amazon by Amazon itself, they really like to go as cheap as possible in terms of delivering.

Back in December 2018, I purchased a £360 PC Monitor with the condition literally stated "Used - Very Good - Item will come repackaged. Accessories may have cosmetic damage." I understood that Amazon will be delivering the item repackaged, but the least they could do was package it well.

When it was delivered, the parcel itself was in such a poor quality, it was already half-opened and a had a huge hole located at its side. When I looked inside, I noticed that the PC monitor was only supported by a few measly strips of plastic foam and a super-thin bag. It was no wonder that within the hour of installing the monitor, it completely malfunctioned.

I was disgusted. For a £360 PC monitor, I expected much better packaging and handling. The worst part was when I had to deal with Amazon's customer service, because they expected me to haul the huge package to a collection point in which the nearest one was too far a walking distance and I don't drive.

They suggested that I use a collection courier, which I did, and they subsequently had my return parcel lost in their delivery network. It was because of this, I had to spend the Christmas without the PC monitor and short of £360. I received my refund shortly before New Years Eve, but I will never buy large items from Amazon again, and, hopefully, by now, Amazon's Logistics has changed their act.
jasonc701
11/21/19
Looks like fake listing guessing amazon aren't authorised to sell this monitor i pre ordered my back in oct Amazon have Cancelled My Order on the 16 nov they also have deleted my one of my shopping lists and history i called all i got is LG aren't supplying us they could not give me a straightforward answer i tried put a review on amazon no luck i bet they block negative reviews looks like you guys couldn't organise a p***-up in a brewery.
Guess i will have to buy from OCUK i brought all my parts from these guys they are more professional.
jeryn1
11/20/19
I am really impressed of this site and original product good price and timely deliver keep it up.....,...
jamesp387
11/11/19
I love Amazon and have been a customer since 2013, when I was about 20 my adoration for this website started when I noticed my mum using it and so out of curiosity, I asked what it was. So this is a 5 star review based on as many years in the experience of making this review, though hopefully my writing will not be as lengthy as an essay about War and Peace.

While I do have traits of cynicism and nihilism, I'll be the first to give credit where credit is due and acknowledge great achievements of which I believe, Amazon is a step forward, not backwards, for humanity as a whole. Cue the sound of the marching band. I get it.

Prior to shopping here, I used the high street, carrying heavy bags home but now I only venture out for food shopping or down to the builders merchant for emergency and recreational DIY purposes. Someone's got to fill the gaps in driveway, right?

I never fail to be amazed by the sheer range of stock on Amazon. There is almost nothing you can't think of that can't be found using the search function, except "big things" like cars or boats... Who knows.. They might get listed on there one day.

About 95% of stuff I was specifically looking for by model/brand and even detail can be found on Amazon. I'm such a fan that I exclusively use the NewDay credit card that gives amazon points for every day purchases. Items are delivered straight to your door so no heavy lifting or travelling. It is my opinion that Amazon has revolutionized the world of retail..for the better.

What do you mean for worse?! Well.. Obviously there is the argument it takes business away from the high street. I disagree with that because for example you cant get pre made coffee delivered hot, you need to try clothes on generally even if you know your sizes and a shop you can walk into is convenient. Snakes and Ladders.

I do like the addition of the Prime membership upgrade which I have trialled, when subscribed to you can access lots of music, e books and films you can enjoy if you pay extra for it per month, however it's one of those that's not necessary but nice to have. Gucci.

Perhaps the only gripe I have is that you can't choose your delivery times and might have to arrange it with a seller. #smalltalk. I think a better way would be have Amazon hire a seperate delivery company (courier) that specializes in custom delivery times for the customer as some of us have had to work zero hour contracts so it's hard to tell when you can stay in and avoid a parcel going to the neighbor or left behind a wheelie bin as a security risk. Normally though I time it so it fits around any work commitments. Got 'em.

In closing I would say that it's still one of, if not the greatest place online and on earth to shop for the miscellaneous. I have heard that Amazon is venturing into the food market. We all know the potential issues of 1 single company dominating the world, which are valid concerns but it's up to other companies to step up and provide competition.. Of which there is no compelling evidence so far.. Change my mind, Stephen Crowder.

Still i'm happy to share many more years of business with them, the price points for the same item on the high street is always lower. I'm not particularly fond of Jeff Bezos or his politics. But great products, great prices, great service continue to be pulled out of the proverbial magic hat, where else would I get my stuff? . Thankyou Bezos. Top geezer.
sarahh552
9/24/19
Brilliant, if I can't find an item locally, I can always find it on amazon. Super fast delivery. Recommended.
jamesh473
9/24/19
Recent news has revealed amazon sells peadophile books and refuses to stop selling them. Do you really want to shop with a comapny that disgusting and evil?

simonh159
9/23/19
Honestly the best delivery times, and prices are great.
If you are willing to wait more than 1 day which is prime haha, you will save even more money.
sarat145
8/20/19
Amazon are great they help out when there are problems and they keep messages from yourself to the sellers.
carolc443
8/19/19
Easy to use in app plenty of bargains great products reasonable price for delivery keep you updated throughout friendly company very helpful and quick refund if you return or cancel and great deals if you are a prime member good company to buy from glad I joined
lesleyd30
8/17/19
very happy with amazon, I buy a great deal from them. only a couple of times have I had cause to return an item and have been refunded within a couple of days. they sell an amazing amount of different items and are cheaper than most stores, and fast shipping.
jamesv169
7/17/19
Not too happy about this, but I know it happens and it's hard to poinpoint who's fault it is. My keyboard was beat up throughout the delivery and unfortunately it was on sale the the return isn't that easy so I just kept it. I'd say be hesitant with electronic deliveries, a keybord aint much but I can imagine if it was laptop!
ns105
7/12/19
I have been battling with Amazon about a refund. They paid it to IDT Prime card who closed business in March this year. I have sent proof of this but they have ignored it. They say refund paid and then said they contacted the company I asked for proof of this, to has been ignored. There is no longer any contact for IDT.
Amazon wont pay out. So off to court we go
abdua4
7/3/19
excellent for buying online stuff in UK. I bought a lot of stuff, very reliable so far.
accurate shipping estimation
smooth interaction
karenz77
6/23/19
I've been using Amazon for around 7 years now and I absolutely love it. Anything I can't find in stores or if I want to find something with a reasonable price, Amazon is definitely the place for it.

Delivery can be fast and they can often deliver things the next day thanks to Amazon Prime. I don't pay for the subscription anymore but I still pay the extra fees for the Prime delivery because I think it's worth it. Don't know how they can do it so quickly!

I also really like the feature of the Amazon lockers as I can collect it nearby my apartment since the concierge isn't always here.

Definitely my go to place to shop for pretty much anything!
bradleyr55
6/17/19
I brought an gaming chair in 2017 but it was only second-hand, I really wanted a new one because my back was hurting also the chair was really uncomfortable. So I looked everywhere on different sites and the prices was ridicule. I was strolling through and for a reasonable price on amazon I brought it and it come the next day also very easy to set up and I have been using amazon for 2 years now and damn they are good
jamesh1300
5/3/19
Support local small businesses instead before it is too late and don't shop on Amazon! This si a very immoral and greedy company. Don't buy from them.
gildal1
4/25/19
. On April 21, Easter Sunday 2019, while cooking I discovered that my new sauce pan, purchased Dec.2018, had 5 small holes that had developed in it. This is the first time in my life to experience such a cheap and inferior product, which now causes real concern for the future health of my family, in thinking that this metal has entered into our food. I was lied to by Amazon and their phone calls are recorded. I found there is no resolution team and these pots ARE STILL on their site for others to buy. I was offered a £20. promo voucher, which is insulting, and it can hardly be construed as a gesture of GOOD WILL. In the past 6 months I have made over 50 orders, and I don't feel that asking for a better set of pots in compensation is being unreasonable.Yet I've had 3 supervisors tell me this was impossible.How dangerous is this?
jims324
2/18/19
If you buy a few things through amazon, the prime next day delivery service is phenomenal - it is incredible how they can do it so quickly.
flavilm
2/15/19
I like to buy the household goods such as shelf, washcloths, batteries, toilet paper, hygrometer and humidity gauge indicator etc. at this site since it really has a very wide range of products. Just search, I can find what I am looking for, very convenient. I can always receive my items quickly. The quality is good.
elenie
12/20/18
Made an order for more than 500 pounds and was given an estimated delivery time of dec 7-19. Contacted them on Dec 20 to complain about the fact that my items didn't arrive and was told that this is normal and I should wait until jan 29th! I made this order on November 30th and there was no mention that it would have taken 2 whole months to have my items!! All items are sold, processed and shipped by amazon and I am a prime member as well. I will be cancelling my prime membership and I strongly advice everyone to avoid amazon as it's just not reliable anymore.
sharonl255
10/22/18
Buy here many times a month for business and personal and prices are very good. Did though buy hugo boss shoes from the site and you would think as the shoes were quite expensive you would get free returns which was not the case- that said still great site.
diedrac1
10/18/18
My all time fav online site. I do order various things almost every week and I receive the product very quickly without any issue. You're the best - Amazon!
paulb274
10/15/18
Superb vehicle tracker but what impressed the most was the 5* customer service. Nothing is too much trouble for them in setting up my device.
seide
7/8/18
It's the perfect item for a hike it's worth the money and I I'm going to buy it for the whole family
Thanks
6 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

it is very easy you just e-mail them and they get back to you within 2 days.

By Sara T.

Questions? Get answers from the Amazon.co.uk staff and other customers.

2 Photos for Amazon.co.uk