Amazon.co.uk

Amazon.co.uk has a consumer rating of 3.94 stars from 155 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Amazon.co.uk also ranks 10th among Marketplace sites.

• Absolute brilliant store products are always as described brand-new and customer service is second to none.
  • If you buy a few things through amazon, the prime next day delivery service is phenomenal -

• The delivery times and the quality of items has Degraded to a shocking level.
  • Just like with the phone calls, they didn't bother to respond.
How would you rate Amazon.co.uk?

“great side”

Jery N.
11/20/19

I am really impressed of this site and original product good price and timely deliver keep it up.....,...

“worst company ever see”

jim m.
3/3/20

worst company ever see.bought couple antennas and paid 21 february.1st arrived its 26/02 but item stay 3 days milano italy. 05/03 change delivery day.now more problem wit ups can't macho address ,phone number etc.amazon say delivery day 05/03-19/03. say sorry about delay and give me back shipping cost!!!!!! china delivery more fast through nederland. what i say? never buy again from amazon uk im waiting bout month arrived on small packet from europe. AMAZING

customer service (20) day delivery (8) delivery times (5) phone (14) items (19) market place (4)
jimm1081
March 3rd, 2020
say sorry about delay and give me back shipping cost!!!!!!
china delivery more fast through nederland.
what i say? never buy again from amazon uk
im waiting bout month arrived on small packet from europe.
AMAZING
jeryn1
November 20th, 2019
jamesp387
November 11th, 2019
I love Amazon and have been a customer since 2013, when I was about 20 my adoration for this website started when I noticed my mum using it and so out of curiosity, I asked what it was. So this is a 5 star review based on as many years in the experience of making this review, though hopefully my writing will not be as lengthy as an essay about War and Peace.

While I do have traits of cynicism and nihilism, I'll be the first to give credit where credit is due and acknowledge great achievements of which I believe, Amazon is a step forward, not backwards, for humanity as a whole. Cue the sound of the marching band. I get it.

Prior to shopping here, I used the high street, carrying heavy bags home but now I only venture out for food shopping or down to the builders merchant for emergency and recreational DIY purposes. Someone's got to fill the gaps in driveway, right?

I never fail to be amazed by the sheer range of stock on Amazon. There is almost nothing you can't think of that can't be found using the search function, except "big things" like cars or boats... Who knows.. They might get listed on there one day.

About 95% of stuff I was specifically looking for by model/brand and even detail can be found on Amazon. I'm such a fan that I exclusively use the NewDay credit card that gives amazon points for every day purchases. Items are delivered straight to your door so no heavy lifting or travelling. It is my opinion that Amazon has revolutionized the world of retail..for the better.

What do you mean for worse?! Well.. Obviously there is the argument it takes business away from the high street. I disagree with that because for example you cant get pre made coffee delivered hot, you need to try clothes on generally even if you know your sizes and a shop you can walk into is convenient. Snakes and Ladders.

I do like the addition of the Prime membership upgrade which I have trialled, when subscribed to you can access lots of music, e books and films you can enjoy if you pay extra for it per month, however it's one of those that's not necessary but nice to have. Gucci.

Perhaps the only gripe I have is that you can't choose your delivery times and might have to arrange it with a seller. #smalltalk. I think a better way would be have Amazon hire a seperate delivery company (courier) that specializes in custom delivery times for the customer as some of us have had to work zero hour contracts so it's hard to tell when you can stay in and avoid a parcel going to the neighbor or left behind a wheelie bin as a security risk. Normally though I time it so it fits around any work commitments. Got 'em.

In closing I would say that it's still one of, if not the greatest place online and on earth to shop for the miscellaneous. I have heard that Amazon is venturing into the food market. We all know the potential issues of 1 single company dominating the world, which are valid concerns but it's up to other companies to step up and provide competition.. Of which there is no compelling evidence so far.. Change my mind, Stephen Crowder.

Still i'm happy to share many more years of business with them, the price points for the same item on the high street is always lower. I'm not particularly fond of Jeff Bezos or his politics. But great products, great prices, great service continue to be pulled out of the proverbial magic hat, where else would I get my stuff? . Thankyou Bezos. Top geezer.
bradleyr55
June 17th, 2019
I brought an gaming chair in 2017 but it was only second-hand, I really wanted a new one because my back was hurting also the chair was really uncomfortable. So I looked everywhere on different sites and the prices was ridicule. I was strolling through and for a reasonable price on amazon I brought it and it come the next day also very easy to set up and I have been using amazon for 2 years now and damn they are good
doctora11
November 24th, 2019
When it comes to purchasing large products, particularly "used" or "refurbished" products advertised on Amazon by Amazon itself, they really like to go as cheap as possible in terms of delivering.

Back in December 2018, I purchased a £360 PC Monitor with the condition literally stated "Used - Very Good - Item will come repackaged. Accessories may have cosmetic damage." I understood that Amazon will be delivering the item repackaged, but the least they could do was package it well.

When it was delivered, the parcel itself was in such a poor quality, it was already half-opened and a had a huge hole located at its side. When I looked inside, I noticed that the PC monitor was only supported by a few measly strips of plastic foam and a super-thin bag. It was no wonder that within the hour of installing the monitor, it completely malfunctioned.

I was disgusted. For a £360 PC monitor, I expected much better packaging and handling. The worst part was when I had to deal with Amazon's customer service, because they expected me to haul the huge package to a collection point in which the nearest one was too far a walking distance and I don't drive.

They suggested that I use a collection courier, which I did, and they subsequently had my return parcel lost in their delivery network. It was because of this, I had to spend the Christmas without the PC monitor and short of £360. I received my refund shortly before New Years Eve, but I will never buy large items from Amazon again, and, hopefully, by now, Amazon's Logistics has changed their act.
flavilm
February 15th, 2019
I like to buy the household goods such as shelf, washcloths, batteries, toilet paper, hygrometer and humidity gauge indicator etc. at this site since it really has a very wide range of products. Just search, I can find what I am looking for, very convenient. I can always receive my items quickly. The quality is good.
carolc443
August 19th, 2019
Easy to use in app plenty of bargains great products reasonable price for delivery keep you updated throughout friendly company very helpful and quick refund if you return or cancel and great deals if you are a prime member good company to buy from glad I joined
chrisw1027
February 21st, 2020
Late deliveries. Wrong items delivered. No exchange.
Amazon deliberately make it difficult to place orders without also buying Prime. The process is intentionally confusing making it an unpleasant and unnecessarily aggressive selling tactic.
Prime Next Day Delivery? More like "If We Deliver Anything, It'll Be Late And Probably Not What You Wanted"
susanb282
June 2nd, 2017
I love Amazon. I buy almost everything on there. Couple of clicks and I'm done - huge range of products, fast check out and next day delivery ... what could I possibly criticize?

Packaging ... there's tons of it. I shop a lot and every item comes in huge boxes with tons of extra packing. I know it needs to arrive in one piece but is a whole tree of paper really necessary?
karenz77
June 23rd, 2019
I've been using Amazon for around 7 years now and I absolutely love it. Anything I can't find in stores or if I want to find something with a reasonable price, Amazon is definitely the place for it.

Delivery can be fast and they can often deliver things the next day thanks to Amazon Prime. I don't pay for the subscription anymore but I still pay the extra fees for the Prime delivery because I think it's worth it. Don't know how they can do it so quickly!

I also really like the feature of the Amazon lockers as I can collect it nearby my apartment since the concierge isn't always here.

Definitely my go to place to shop for pretty much anything!
jims324
February 18th, 2019
If you buy a few things through amazon, the prime next day delivery service is phenomenal - it is incredible how they can do it so quickly.
sarahh552
September 24th, 2019
Brilliant, if I can't find an item locally, I can always find it on amazon. Super fast delivery. Recommended.
melaniec174
January 17th, 2020
I bought a doll in awesome condition and was so excited I rated the seller. It was my first time using the app. I didn't realize once you rate the seller everything is a done deal, she never sent the book that was in the listing. I messaged her nicely a couple of times, she said she put it in the box and then just didn't respond again. I opened a case and it went nowhere. piss poor customer service, HOWEVER she had no problem reporting my awful message to her, so since I can't change my review on there, I will review her everywhere else. 0 stars. the app sucks and the this seller sucks too.
diedrac1
October 18th, 2018
My all time fav online site. I do order various things almost every week and I receive the product very quickly without any issue. You're the best - Amazon!
simonh159
September 23rd, 2019
Honestly the best delivery times, and prices are great.
If you are willing to wait more than 1 day which is prime haha, you will save even more money.
jasonc701
November 21st, 2019
Looks like fake listing guessing amazon aren't authorised to sell this monitor i pre ordered my back in oct Amazon have Cancelled My Order on the 16 nov they also have deleted my one of my shopping lists and history i called all i got is LG aren't supplying us they could not give me a straightforward answer i tried put a review on amazon no luck i bet they block negative reviews looks like you guys couldn't organise a p***-up in a brewery.
Guess i will have to buy from OCUK i brought all my parts from these guys they are more professional.
abdua4
July 3rd, 2019
excellent for buying online stuff in UK. I bought a lot of stuff, very reliable so far.
accurate shipping estimation
smooth interaction
lesleyd30
August 17th, 2019
very happy with amazon, I buy a great deal from them. only a couple of times have I had cause to return an item and have been refunded within a couple of days. they sell an amazing amount of different items and are cheaper than most stores, and fast shipping.
jamesh1300
May 3rd, 2019
Support local small businesses instead before it is too late and don't shop on Amazon! This si a very immoral and greedy company. Don't buy from them.
seanc124
March 13th, 2018
Bought the Toamen slouch beanie from Amazon, fantastic value only £0.78 plus £1.78 p&p. Really well made, thick cable knit and furry lined inner great for winter. Have had loads of enquiries from friends about it. If you're looking for a slouch beanie this is a great option and at less than £5.00 outstanding value for money.
alexag29
November 27th, 2019
I rather buy here than in any other website because 1. I don't have any problems with my cc 2. I find everything I need here 3. They have a lot of options of the same product
lottieb2
February 11th, 2017
Cured me of my eBay addiction. If there's s problem, it's soon sorted and email answers are prompt and done by human beings - unlike eBay. Goods on Amazon are often duplicated on eBay, but far more expensive. Love Amazon prime - next and same day delivery when you've forgotten those birthdays! And sellers rarely use Hermes couriers which is a big plus.
gildal1
April 25th, 2019
. On April 21, Easter Sunday 2019, while cooking I discovered that my new sauce pan, purchased Dec.2018, had 5 small holes that had developed in it. This is the first time in my life to experience such a cheap and inferior product, which now causes real concern for the future health of my family, in thinking that this metal has entered into our food. I was lied to by Amazon and their phone calls are recorded. I found there is no resolution team and these pots ARE STILL on their site for others to buy. I was offered a £20. promo voucher, which is insulting, and it can hardly be construed as a gesture of GOOD WILL. In the past 6 months I have made over 50 orders, and I don't feel that asking for a better set of pots in compensation is being unreasonable.Yet I've had 3 supervisors tell me this was impossible.How dangerous is this?
jamesv169
July 17th, 2019
Not too happy about this, but I know it happens and it's hard to poinpoint who's fault it is. My keyboard was beat up throughout the delivery and unfortunately it was on sale the the return isn't that easy so I just kept it. I'd say be hesitant with electronic deliveries, a keybord aint much but I can imagine if it was laptop!
joj163
July 2nd, 2018
For anyone in the UK beware when purchasing Kylie makeup from amazon not only did it cost me approx £80 for 2 lip glosses and 2 highlighters PLUS shipping amounting a further 12.99 was notified that it had eventually arrived by a Royal Mail posted card through my door informing me I had to pay 22.00 to be able to receive my order for custom fees!!!!! DISGUSTING!!!!

it is very easy you just e-mail them and they get back to you within 2 days.

By Sara T.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Amazon.co.uk staff and other customers.

Sign up to Amazon Prime for unlimited One-Day Delivery. Low prices at Amazon on digital cameras, MP3, sports, books, music, DVDs, video games, home & garden and much more.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.co.uk?

Have a question about Amazon.co.uk?