Amazon UK

Amazon UK has a consumer rating of 3.51 stars from 189 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with Amazon UK most frequently mention next day, high street and many years. Amazon UK ranks 30th among Marketplace sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 23.1%

No positive highlights yet

• Dreadful customer service and very apathetic response from the floor supervisor and telephone agents for that matter.
How would you rate Amazon UK?

“Stay home stay safe”

Shisir A.
6/16/20

At this crisis moment of the pandemic Coronavirus, we are receiving orders through online. In this regard our delivery process depends on the Government's Instructions about COVID-19. However Walton has taken some special initiatives for delivering the products to the valued customers obeying the Government's Instructions as well as maintaining personal safety of the persons who will deliver the products. Therefore, it may take some time in the delivery of products. Please Stay Home & Stay Safe

“Worst company ever see”

jim m.
3/3/20

Worst company ever see. Bought couple antennas and paid 21 february. 1st arrived its 26/02 but item stay 3 days milano italy. 05/03 change delivery day. Now more problem wit ups can't macho address, phone number etc. amazon say delivery day 05/03-19/03. Say sorry about delay and give me back shipping cost! China delivery more fast through nederland. What i say? Never buy again from amazon uk Im waiting bout month arrived on small packet from europe. AMAZING

customer service (25)
jimm1081
March 3rd, 2020

Say sorry about delay and give me back shipping cost!
China delivery more fast through nederland.
What i say? Never buy again from amazon uk
Im waiting bout month arrived on small packet from europe.
AMAZING

chrisw1027
February 21st, 2020

Late deliveries. Wrong items delivered. No exchange.
Amazon deliberately make it difficult to place orders without also buying Prime. The process is intentionally confusing making it an unpleasant and unnecessarily aggressive selling tactic.
Prime Next Day Delivery? More like "If We Deliver Anything, It'll Be Late And Probably Not What You Wanted"

fergusm2
July 3rd, 2020

I purchase a 3 person Jobe towable on Amazon. It arrived in good time. We used it with two people once. After 40 minutes of use, it deflated quite quickly. Back on dry land we examined and found that the inner tube was badly cut in the same shape as the webbing stitching inside the towable. Nearly a mirror cut pattern. We open a chain in Amazon. It automatically posts a response that your issue with be responded to in 7 days. After nine-days, I contacted Amazon through the live chat. That was 30 minutes of getting nowhere. I just gave up in the end. Really shocking customer service

shanem213
December 10th, 2020

Amazon Customer Service a disaster. I made a complaint 12 months ago informing them of an account lockout. I had made a complaint in relation to items not delivered. I have reiterated this advice 13 times including another three attempts today, always given the promise of a callback or email resolution. Follow-up was never received. I am at a loss of €500 for over 12 months.

jamesh2651
June 29th, 2020

Amazon in the United Kingdom is very different from Amazon in the USA. The latter is governed by consumer protection laws, whereas the former is not. For example, I ordered a package of surgical masks for £21. After the order was placed, Amazon changed the seller of my order to a different seller that was selling an inferior version of the mask for less than half the price. My price didn't change, I was still charged £21 even though Amazon substituted an inferior product and they were getting it for a lower cost. When I confronted customer service, they told me I was getting what I asked for at the price I agreed to pay. They wouldn't accept the fact that the product wasn't the same. They told me if I didn't like it, then send it back. I did. I tried to buy masks again, figuring it was an isolated incident. It wasn't. The exact same thing happened. So I sent those back as well. I finally ordered from eBay. I got exactly what I asked for and wasn't scammed so they could keep more of my money.
The search engine... or lack of... Amazon's search engine is basically useless. Amazon isn't interested in helping you find what you want. They are only interested in trying to sell you as much useless rubbish as possible. The industry standard search operators do not work. For example, adding quotes before and after a search term is supposed to show you only the results that contain that particular term... nope doesn't work. Adding a hyphen before a keyword means exclude any results that contain that particular keyword... once again, nope doesn't work. For example, I search for "iPhone 11." I get a few iPhones and thousands of cases. So I add -case to the search, to exclude phone cases from the results. Now I get ZERO phones and all cases. Second... I searched for an iPhone 12 case. Now, if someone is searching for a case that fits a particular phone, it means they own that particular phone. So why is Amazon showing me a few cases for the iPhone 12 and hundreds of cases for iPhones I don't own? Like the iPhone X, the iPhone 11, the iPhone 8... none of these cases fit the 12, so why the EFF are you showing them to me?. A complete and total waste of my time. This is why I do not even bother searching for anything on Amazon and just shop elsewhere. Saves time and total frustration, which is much more important to me than saving a few pennies on a purchase.

salamio
January 20th, 2021

This is a scam website. Amazon uk is…
This is a scam website. Amazon uk is nothing but thieves.My amazon uk account was closed, order not despatched.My money i loaded in the wallet from my bank was closed along it. This website is just soiling uk as a nation, I advise uk govt to scrape it. I will still go on legal tussle with them and they must cough out my money.Be warned, The order #**************526.Run from this website, IT IS SCAM!

oliviah156
November 14th, 2020

I'm absolutely appalled by the amount of packaging they are using at them monument. Items getting packed in separate boxes which could easily have been put in the same box and then padded out with extra paper. What a ridiculous waste! I know they're going to say the boxes and paper are recycled and recyclable but what they are clearly failing to acknowledge is that the recycling process itself burns huge amounts or energy!

They also dont have a proper customer complaints and feedback service. Perhaps the only way to get through to them is to alert Greenpeace and get them on the case. Clearly the only option they are leaving us is to publicly expose and humiliate them.

I will be boycotting them from now on!

garys50
May 28th, 2020

Finally found a means of sending Amazon a review. Had a couple of experiences recently with Amazon one blocking a genuine review because it impacted negatively on their own website and not the seller. I tried to place and order today and have gone through the qualify for free delivery I proceeded to checkout where 3 items would not be delivered to my address and de-selecting them was an ordeal that upset the entire order and reset things I had selected. My free delivery was now set to paid delivery and an item I had wanted 3 of was set to 1 something I did not spot until paid. I contacted customer service via chat to remedy the problem before order was processed too far. I was more or less called a liar and an idiot by the operator I was furious with the operator and ended up cancelling the entire order. Don't think I will be back anytime soon after this experience.

anthonyt450
July 4th, 2020

I have been using Amazon Prime for many years now, and although I have had my fair share of issues ranging from fake items being sold to poor delivery estimates, Amazon's customer service, returns policy, efficiency, and systems are very good and have steadily improved over the years.

Most of my purchases (mainly electrical and electronic) are now from Amazon, with the more random and less dependable eBay coming in second. On many occasions I have surprisingly found Amazon prices, especially on new items, to be cheaper than on eBay, and there is no competition when it comes to customer service, with eBay being a bit of a joke if you expect a quick resolve when things go wrong.

Please note that I am referring to the Amazon Prime service that you have to pay a yearly subscription to use (about £79.00 at the time of writing this review). For me, the cost of this Prime membership is well worth it, but you will have to decide for yourself if this offers good value for money, as this will of course depend on your individual requirements, budget, and needs.

It would take something quite dramatic for me to stop using Amazon, but there's always room for improvements, hence the 4 rather than 5 stars.

melaniec174
January 17th, 2020

I bought a doll in awesome condition and was so excited I rated the seller. It was my first time using the app. I didn't realize once you rate the seller everything is a done deal, she never sent the book that was in the listing. I messaged her nicely a couple of times, she said she put it in the box and then just didn't respond again. I opened a case and it went nowhere. Piss poor customer service, HOWEVER she had no problem reporting my awful message to her, so since I can't change my review on there, I will review her everywhere else. 0 stars. The app sucks and the this seller sucks too.

jackg463
February 2nd, 2021

They dumped a delivery on my doorstep at 7.20 this morning, as soon as I saw the product i new it was the wrong thing, but of course the driver had it away on his toes, so I started the refund process but they don't seem to want the stuff back, I was told to get my own courier and Christ I tried but these big couriers don't want business from small folk like me wanting you to open up account, and when you contact Amazon who by the way are Philippine's, very polite but bloody usless, I managed to get one quote of £94 from parcel monies but the rejected me because I could not fill in Amazons phone number on the online form, it's like Amazon don't want to take the stuff back and I bet you you don't know Amazons phone number, I am nine miles away from Amazon in Fife you would think that with all the vans that are in and out our street every day that they could pick up the wrong order after all I was there mistake in the first place.
I am on the phone if any one at Amazon would like to give me a ring *******913 and fix a very easy task for you but a real pain for me

Disappointed Jack Gillies

Tip for consumers:
Would have been nice to know that would have made it easier to conclude the sale after all it was there mistake

Products used:
It was a saw but they delivered the wrong one ,I can’t get another until that refund my money ,and they ain’t very quick at doing that

jasonc701
November 21st, 2019

Looks like fake listing guessing amazon aren't authorised to sell this monitor i pre ordered my back in oct Amazon have Cancelled My Order on the 16 nov they also have deleted my one of my shopping lists and history i called all i got is LG aren't supplying us they could not give me a straightforward answer i tried put a review on amazon no luck i bet they block negative reviews looks like you guys couldn't organise a p***-up in a brewery.
Guess i will have to buy from OCUK i brought all my parts from these guys they are more professional.

doctora11
November 24th, 2019

When it comes to purchasing large products, particularly "used" or "refurbished" products advertised on Amazon by Amazon itself, they really like to go as cheap as possible in terms of packaging and delivering.

Back in December 2018, I purchased a £360 PC Monitor with the condition stated "Used - Very Good - Item will come repackaged. Accessories may have cosmetic damage." I understood that Amazon will be delivering the item repackaged, but the least they could do was package it well.

When it was delivered, the parcel itself was in such a poor quality, it was already half-opened and a had a gaping hole at its side. When I looked inside, I noticed that the PC monitor was only supported by a few measly strips of foam and a plastic bag so thin it was practically invisible. It was no wonder that within the hour of using the monitor, it completely malfunctioned.

For a £360 PC monitor, I expected much better packaging and handling. The worst part was when I had to deal with Amazon's customer service, because they expected me to haul the huge thing to a collection point in which the nearest one was too far a walking distance and I don't drive.

They suggested that I use a collection courier, which I did, and they subsequently had my return parcel lost in their delivery network. It was because of this, I had to spend the whole Christmas without the PC monitor and short of £360. In the end, I received my refund shortly before New Years Eve, but I will never buy large items from Amazon again, and hopefully by now, Amazon's Logistics has changed their act altogether.

sarah470
December 17th, 2020

Just as an update from the previous review I submitted yesterday.

I have FINALLY heard back from the complaints team...

A refund for 1 of the items was issued, only 10 days after the item was 'lost' but I wont get the refund for another 5 - 7 days...
AND
I have been offered a £20 voucher for an Amazon product...

I couldn't contain my excitement *sense the sarcasm*

There has been no mention of the other refunds I was waiting for.
There has been no mention of the item that I currently have on order and when it might actually arrive (already a day late now).
There was no mention of what has actually caused the FOUR items I have ordered to be delayed and how the might resolve the issue.

I cannot warn people enough. DO NOT ORDER Exspenive items from AMAZON and DO NOT waste your money on AMAZON PRIME.

This is 4 x £300 items that have now been on order with AMAZON PRIME Since the 2nd Dec and I have not received a single one. Excuses are - 'lost item', 'out of stock (despite the customer service team saying there was 2 in stock) and 'computer glitch'.

I am really intrigued to see what the next excuse will be... I will update on here :)

jamesh1300
May 3rd, 2019

Support local small businesses instead before it is too late and don't shop on Amazon! This si a very immoral and greedy company. Don't buy from them.

gildal1
April 25th, 2019

. On April 21, Easter Sunday 2019, while cooking I discovered that my new sauce pan, purchased Dec. 2018, had 5 small holes that had developed in it. This is the first time in my life to experience such a cheap and inferior product, which now causes real concern for the future health of my family, in thinking that this metal has entered into our food. I was lied to by Amazon and their phone calls are recorded. I found there is no resolution team and these pots ARE STILL on their site for others to buy. I was offered a £20. Promo voucher, which is insulting, and it can hardly be construed as a gesture of GOOD WILL. In the past 6 months I have made over 50 orders, and I don't feel that asking for a better set of pots in compensation is being unreasonable. Yet I've had 3 supervisors tell me this was impossible. How dangerous is this?

atashao
January 7th, 2021

In light of your incredible competency, we suggest you and we will utilize your best and craziest assistance once more. A debt of gratitude is in order for your astonishing work.

joj163
July 2nd, 2018

For anyone in the UK beware when purchasing Kylie makeup from amazon not only did it cost me approx £80 for 2 lip glosses and 2 highlighters PLUS shipping amounting a further 12.99 was notified that it had eventually arrived by a Royal Mail posted card through my door informing me I had to pay 22.00 to be able to receive my order for custom fees! DISGUSTING!

ns105
July 12th, 2019

I have been battling with Amazon about a refund. They paid it to IDT Prime card who closed business in March this year. I have sent proof of this but they have ignored it. They say refund paid and then said they contacted the company I asked for proof of this, to has been ignored. There is no longer any contact for IDT.
Amazon wont pay out. So off to court we go

clairep40
October 22nd, 2017

Do not use this company they go under the name shop electronics run by save 4 less limited on amazon, i bought a dvd player from them, which broke after 2 months getting any kind of contact from them is impossible trying to get a fixed replaced player is impossible they are rude and just ignore all my emails

richardn27
December 22nd, 2017

Today is Friday 22 December and some family are visiting from the other side of the country and we are having an early Christmas as they are only here for the day. On Sunday I ordered a number of items from Amazon. Being a Prime member I arranged for delivery today and took the day off work to wait for the parcel. Guess what? They will now deliver it 'before 4 January' - they can't / won't give me a reason and will not commit to delivering tomorrow so I have no gifts for my family. I am seriously frustrated and upset and will be seriously embarrassed tomorrow.

Customer service is absolutely useless - fill in this form, attend this live chat, blah blah but absolutely no-one takes ownership and no-one seems to care.

This is the third time that Amazon has done something like this to me so they clearly have not done enough to address the problem and this leads me to conclude that they simply don't care about you as a customer.

Tip for consumers:
If you need a gift or something for a special day rather buy it elsewhere or you may end up like me with nothing when Amazon let you down. So much for Prime!

elenie
December 20th, 2018

Made an order for more than 500 pounds and was given an estimated delivery time of dec 7-19. Contacted them on Dec 20 to complain about the fact that my items didn't arrive and was told that this is normal and I should wait until jan 29th! I made this order on November 30th and there was no mention that it would have taken 2 whole months to have my items! All items are sold, processed and shipped by amazon and I am a prime member as well. I will be cancelling my prime membership and I strongly advice everyone to avoid amazon as it's just not reliable anymore.

jeryn1
November 20th, 2019

I am really impressed of this site and original product good price and timely deliver keep it up...,...

alexag29
November 27th, 2019

I rather buy here than in any other website because 1. I don't have any problems with my cc 2. I find everything I need here 3. They have a lot of options of the same product

shisira
June 16th, 2020

It is very easy you just e-mail them and they get back to you within 2 days.

By Sara T.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Amazon UK staff and other customers.

Sign up to Amazon Prime for unlimited One-Day Delivery. Low prices at Amazon on digital cameras, MP3, sports, books, music, DVDs, video games, home & garden and much more.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon UK?

Have a question about Amazon UK?