Review of Amazon.co.uk

Tel: 278-6234752
gamaciriaco@amazon.co.uk

sharonl255
10/22/18

Buy here many times a month for business and personal and prices are very good. Did though buy hugo boss shoes from the site and you would think as the shoes were quite expensive you would get free returns which was not the case- that said still great site.

diedrac1
10/18/18

My all time fav online site. I do order various things almost every week and I receive the product very quickly without any issue. You're the best - Amazon!

paulb274
10/15/18

Superb vehicle tracker but what impressed the most was the 5* customer service. Nothing is too much trouble for them in setting up my device.

seide
7/8/18

It's the perfect item for a hike it's worth the money and I I'm going to buy it for the whole family
Thanks

joj163
7/2/18

For anyone in the UK beware when purchasing Kylie makeup from amazon not only did it cost me approx £80 for 2 lip glosses and 2 highlighters PLUS shipping amounting a further 12.99 was notified that it had eventually arrived by a Royal Mail posted card through my door informing me I had to pay 22.00 to be able to receive my order for custom fees!!!!! DISGUSTING!!!!

ahmedk38
4/29/18

I bought these 4 solar operated security light
Very easy to set up and install , very bright light
Very happy with these light

miroslavr2
4/11/18

Bought many times from them, never had unresolved issue... Have had issues but always cleared *only* in my favor!
They have great discounts (rare but great). I would recommend it (and I do it).

lisaw330
3/21/18

Wide range of product at best price - Good customer support as always - clean website with easy navigation can say a lot like this...

seanc124
3/13/18

Bought the Toamen slouch beanie from Amazon, fantastic value only £0.78 plus £1.78 p&p. Really well made, thick cable knit and furry lined inner great for winter. Have had loads of enquiries from friends about it. If you're looking for a slouch beanie this is a great option and at less than £5.00 outstanding value for money.

robertc461
3/9/18

I dont think anyother website is more trustable than amazon. Amazon is my choice always when i want to buy something online

joela39
2/4/18

In relation to Order # 205-8187368-2071530:

On 18th December I placed an order with Amazon for around £250 worth of items using their Prime 'Guaranteed Next Day' delivery service. The order consisted 11 different items (a range of toys and other gifts bought for Christmas to give to family and friends). Amazon in the past have been a very reliable and reputable company with exemplary customer service so I felt that this was a convenient and safe option to make sure I had everything arrive in time for Christmas. This, however, was the start of my Christmas nightmare.

The following day, nothing arrived. This was not an issue however, as my family were not coming to visit until the following Saturday so there was still another 4 days left before it would present any sort of problem for me. On the Wednesday, 3 of the 11 items turned up. On Thursday, nothing. On Friday morning, I finally receive a phone call from my sister (whose address the parcels were due to arrive at) telling me she was starting to get worried as most of the items had still not arrived and they had to be ready and wrapped for the following day to give to my visiting family members who live in a different part of the country. Given the urgency of the situation, I decided to take a break from work and give Amazon's customer service department a call.

I initially spoke to a member of their team who looked into the situation and found that the items had indeed not been delivered, but that it should be fine and they would most likely arrive later that day. I explained my situation to them and told them that essentially if the items did not turn up I would be stuck with nothing to give to my family to open on Christmas day. I asked this member of staff to look into the situation again so that they could absolutely guarantee this, at which point the line goes quiet and a few seconds later the call terminates. Not being satisfied with the outcome, I decide to call back again at which point I get through to another customer service agent who again appears to hang up the call. By this point I was getting very frustrated but given that I had no choice I decided to call them again.

By this time, it was 3:00pm and I had already wasted around half an hour of my working day trying to sort the situation out. I then get through to customer service agent number 3, who I explain to that I haven't received my items - to which he replies that they will definitely arrive by 9pm that night. I then explain to the agent that I need this absolutely guaranteed as if they do not deliver the items by 9pm I would then not have an opportunity to go out Christmas shopping that day in order to replace the items they had not delivered. After some deliberation he agrees to go and double check for me, and, surprise surprise, he tells me that the parcels won't be arriving after all.

By this point, I was absolutely fuming. I could not believe that after 5 days of waiting on their 'Guaranteed Next Day' delivery and an hour on the phone speaking to 3 different people they were actually telling me they were not able to deliver my parcels. All of this given that they DIDN'T EVEN HAVE THE DECENCY to contact me and let me know what was going on. Had my sister not bothered to contact me, I wouldn't have even known until the following day (by which point it would be too late).

Anyway, I continued my conversation with agent number 3 and explained that I was absolutely disgusted by their level of service and that my only option was to finish work early (costing me around £50 in lost pay), travel to the town centre and spend the rest of my afternoon/evening shopping for presents that I didn't have the money for (since I had already spent it with Amazon). The initial response to this was to offer me a £5 Amazon gift card and 1 month free Amazon Prime (frankly an insult given the situation). They then offer me a refund to which I tell the agent it does not compensate me for the situation they have caused and I would be making a complaint and closing down my account (which I have had for over 10 years and spent many thousands of pounds with them on). He then decides to go and speak to his manager, and agrees that they will still fulfill the order and I will receive the items in due course, and they will issue me a full refund (which would instantly arrive in my account) for the items not yet received. Although I was not happy about having to leave work and roam around the town centre buying presents, I felt this was fair compensation and the best they could do given the situation. We then end the call and I head out of work.

I arrive in a very busy town centre and attempt to look for anything which may be suitable given the money I had on my card. I enter Toys R Us and grab some toys for my niece and nephew, head to the counter and get my card out to pay. I enter my PIN and find that my card has been declined. I then try again, but it appears as though there is no money in my account. I then leave Toys R Us (the time is now about 5:00pm) and head to the Cashpoint machine to find that my refund has not yet arrived. I go on Amazon's live chat and the person I speak to tells me that the refund will arrive in 5-7 working days. Desperate, I call one of my friends who agrees to lend me £50 (not exactly enough for 8 gifts but better than nothing). I then spend my evening around town buying anything I can so at least there is something for my family to open for Christmas (aware that the items should arrive later on and I could always try and post them later).

Christmas then comes and goes without too much bother. It comes to my attention in the first week of January however that the items had still not been delivered, so I decide its time to give Amazon another call. I get through to a customer service agent, and after saying a few words the call hangs up, so I call back again. I then get through to another agent who explains to me that my refund has been issued. I tell him that I have received the refund but I was still waiting for the items, for which he says the items had been returned and would not be sent out again. I then explain to them that I was still supposed to receive the items as per the agreement I made with them on the 22nd of December, to which he replies (surprise) that there are no notes on the system to this effect. He agrees to raise the issue with a manager for it to be investigated and I would definitely receive an email back about this in 5-7 days.

2 weeks later, I still have no email or items, so I call Amazon again. After calling them three times and being hung up on and spending around 45 minutes on the phone I am finally put through to a supervisor. They tell me again that there is no notes on the system and there has been no investigation into my case. This time, I am promised a call back the following day at 5:00pm once the investigation has been done. I sit next to my phone at 5:00pm the following day but do not receive a call. I then check my Amazon account to find a message sent saying that they 'weren't able to reach me' and they were sorry that I was 'misinformed' that I would still receive the items. They tell me I should call back again for more information about it.

I can tell you I have now given up trying to deal with their shambolic customer service team. The entire experience has been absolutely disgraceful and they should be ashamed of the way they have treated me as a longstanding and loyal customer of 10 years. I am now going to be closing my account with them and I will be posting my experience on every major review site online as well as telling all my friends and family. Amazon has embarrassed me at a supposed happy time of year and they don't seem to give a monkeys about their customers anymore. I will now be reporting them to the Advertising Standards Agency regarding their false advertising claims and I will be speaking to BBC's Watchdog about my case.

I HAVE FULL EVIDENCE FOR ALL OF THIS BUT IF ANYONE ELSE HAS HAD A SIMILAR EXPERIENCE PLEASE LET ME KNOW AS WE CAN POTENTIALLY WORK TOGETHER IN HOLDING AMAZON TO ACCOUNT ON THEIR FALSE CLAIMS AND POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE.

richardh290
1/9/18

Amazon have had some slips in the past, particularly going through a phase of missing several deliveries. However, I am at my 500th delivery now and I cant help but marvel at how damn good their service is.

richardn27
12/22/17

Today is Friday 22 December and some family are visiting from the other side of the country and we are having an early Christmas as they are only here for the day. On Sunday I ordered a number of items from Amazon. Being a Prime member I arranged for delivery today and took the day off work to wait for the parcel. Guess what? They will now deliver it 'before 4 January' - they can't / won't give me a reason and will not commit to delivering tomorrow so I have no gifts for my family. I am seriously frustrated and upset and will be seriously embarrassed tomorrow.

Customer service is absolutely useless - fill in this form, attend this live chat, blah blah but absolutely no-one takes ownership and no-one seems to care.

This is the third time that Amazon has done something like this to me so they clearly have not done enough to address the problem and this leads me to conclude that they simply don't care about you as a customer.

Tip for consumers: If you need a gift or something for a special day rather buy it elsewhere or you may end up like me with nothing when Amazon let you down. So much for Prime!

rajaj3
12/7/17

I do shopping sometime from amazon.
Very good product they have.my wife is use this website quite often for online shopping.

georgep134
11/30/17

The best customer service i've had.
I've been ordering on and off for a few years of Amazon and so far i am very happy with it. the one time i had an issue, after it was clear it was Amazon's fault, i got a full refund for my order.
There are deals to be had, sometimes the price plus shipping is cheaper than buying locally

triciat1
11/18/17

Paid GBP 230.00 to this company for a mattress.

MATTRESS is super packed in the middle and soft on the head and foot end so you feel as though you are sleeping on a slope. Two months and mattress is coming apart at the seems. Material is thin and tearing. Will not recommend this product or seller.

Bought this off Amazon after reading reviews. Got a delivery date - did not come. Got a second delivery date - did not come. Got a third deliver date - did not come. Got a fourth delivery date- mattress arrived with a diminutive driver with a bad attitude and no one to offload. Driver asks my wife to help him offload the super king sized mattress (super thick and heavy) Wife complies - no choice in the matter really. Driver shoves mattress into the apartment causing destruction of two valuable items of our property, shrugs his shoulders and walks away..

Contact seller who refuses to compensate and blames on third party delivery service who also refuses to accept responsibility because seller tries to save costs and does not disclose its a heavy item and needs two loaders. Report to Amazon, they also refuse to resolve saying that its a third party seller. So it seems the UK has a lot of third party but no first part - they all want your money and are unwilling to do their job the right way or take responsibility when they mess up. TOTALLY DISGUSTED.

Been back and forth on this for two months with Amazon, the seller and the third party delivery service - no resolve.

Do not buy from these people

www.sleepfactory.com

Tip for consumers: jUST DONT BUY.

jimmiec16
10/30/17

I love the speed that amazon delivers its products. Always within 24 hours. The checkout process is fast too.They always remember my details so its easy to check out.

clairep40
10/22/17

do not use this company they go under the name shop electronics run by save 4 less limited on amazon, i bought a dvd player from them, which broke after 2 months getting any kind of contact from them is impossible trying to get a fixed replaced player is impossible they are rude and just ignore all my emails

sheilab26
6/12/17

I now buy many of my purchases through the Amazon on line site, I have found that if you have a problem with a purchase amazon will work with you to sort out the problem. You do need to read the reviews and you also need to check to find out exactly who you are purchasing from. Another reviewer says that many of the purchases will come from China, yes quite a few do but you can easily check this out before making a purchase it is obviously up to you to be sure that you are not only happy with your purchase but that you are happy where it is coming from. Yes I have had a problem with goods from China but Amazon sorted it to my satisfaction. I disagree with another reviewer that Amazon are slow with deliveries, I have certainly not found this to be so, except perhaps when the seller is from China and you cannot expect next day delivery from the other side of the world.
I order using Prime for most items and I have always received the items on the day promised. So far I have ordered probably over 100 items through both Amazon Uk and Amazon USA and not had a problem with delivery.

susanb282
6/2/17

I love Amazon. I buy almost everything on there. Couple of clicks and I'm done - huge range of products, fast check out and next day delivery ... what could I possibly criticize?

Packaging ... there's tons of it. I shop a lot and every item comes in huge boxes with tons of extra packing. I know it needs to arrive in one piece but is a whole tree of paper really necessary?

eamonnm1
6/2/17

Amazon used to be really good at delivering now they work at a snail's pace and it's all in a cynical bid to get you to sign up to Prime. Simple as. I ordered my items on May 22nd. I got onto their customer support on Wednesday 24th as it still hadn't been dispatched. So I upgraded the delivery service to speed up delivery and they told me I'd get it by Friday 26th, but they were only dispatched on a Friday 26th. I got onto them again and they told me I'd get them on Saturday 27th. But that didn't happen so I got onto them again and I was told they'd arrive Tuesday 29th. Again nothing.
So I escalated the case on Tuesday 29th and I learned that upgrading the delivery service after ordering couldn't have made a difference as it wasn't possible. So when you think about it, all those customer support reps were telling me lies just to keep me happy and taking more money off me for nothing.

I phoned them several times on Friday 2nd June and twice the agents claimed they couldn't hear me, another hung up during mid conversation (even though I wasn't being rude or aggressive) and the last one knew straightaway who I was and spent some time with me in fairness. Maybe it was because she knew I wasn't going away.
But I couldn't get much out of her. I didn't even know which country their European centre was in (I think it's Holland) and she couldn't tell me which country the items were in right now. I mean is that too much to ask? She'd have to go to a different department to find that out.
I told her I'd never be shopping with Amazon again and I mean it.
Never again.
Dreadful customer service and very apathetic response from the floor supervisor and telephone agents for that matter. I mean the agents are nice and polite on the one hand and yet very opaque and uncaring on the other. What I mean by opaque is they tell you something that is not true, but makes you happy so you can give a nice review and leave them alone.
Had I gone to a German retailer I would've gotten my items in a week. With Amazon its going to take more than 2 weeks and they're in the UK.

If I had signed up to Prime it would be a different story of course, but I'm not going to fork out 99 just to get decent delivery times and customer service.

maxl44
5/26/17

All seem to be good with Amazon after i made a change on the delivery options, as i was tired to disturb neighbors about my thinks get send there without my approval.
So far the average of purchases, offers and customer service are quite OK.
Leave my review. Is 10 better than Ebay.

michaelmehrdodk
5/15/17

Disgusted with Amazon. I ordered several items eligible for Prime next day delivery on Saturday. Someone was in all day until 9:30 PM and no delivery was made, when we called at 8:30 PM we were treated rudely by Amazon staff, and received an email after midnight saying that due to technical delivery is the delivery had not been made. after several calls with them on Monday, they said that there was nothing they could do and that even though they were using Amazon logistics to do the delivery they had no control over their carrier. After some time I managed to get them to confirm that they would expedite the delivery and I received an email confirming that the delivery would be made yesterday. Again we make sure someone was in most of the day I know delivery was made. I sent an email asking for an update and simply got a response saying Sorry that they had communicated with the delivery company. Again the delivery has not been made and no one has provided us with any good reason why not, nor given us a proper apology or any sensible compensation.

As a lawyer, and the person with a bit of common sense, I can see that Amazon Have set them selves up so that they make promises which they often do not fulfill, they have a customer service on the other side of the world two out of the four people I spoke to could barely speak English who have less authority and room to move than a chatbot, they are for little or no compensation for their breach of contract and they are confident that given the difficulties of going via small claims route, most people will not pursue damages. Additionally, If they are for filling the order on behalf of themselves or a third party, there is no way to rate Amazon's poor service - you can only rate marketplace sellers. I really think my days of using Amazon and numbered.

neilb63
5/14/17

Great service from Amazon, rapid delivery and excellent communications throughout the ordering process.

fadir1
4/29/17

Hi all,
If you are trying to by anything online from amazon.co.uk make sure most of the stuff are from china and imagine you will have an issue with the item you bought as I had already is very difficulty to contact the seller or to make them understandable your issue what you are facing ! All offices are in china and are using a depots on U.K And sell in amazon! Ok if you said I'm going back to amazon you are taking a wrong step as amazon's customerservices are very well trained to be nicely and politely but you will end up no where with waste of time and money, as what happened to us.
Good luck

6 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the Amazon.co.uk staff and other customers.

2 Photos for Amazon.co.uk