Amazon UK

Amazon UK has a consumer rating of 3.57 stars from 181 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with Amazon UK most frequently mention next day, high street and many years. Amazon UK ranks 29th among Marketplace sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 22.2%

No positive highlights yet

• Dreadful customer service and very apathetic response from the floor supervisor and telephone agents for that matter.
How would you rate Amazon UK?

“Stay home stay safe”

Shisir A.
6/16/20

At this crisis moment of the pandemic Coronavirus, we are receiving orders through online. In this regard our delivery process depends on the Government's Instructions about COVID-19. However Walton has taken some special initiatives for delivering the products to the valued customers obeying the Government's Instructions as well as maintaining personal safety of the persons who will deliver the products. Therefore, it may take some time in the delivery of products. Please Stay Home & Stay Safe

“Worst company ever see”

jim m.
3/3/20

Worst company ever see. Bought couple antennas and paid 21 february. 1st arrived its 26/02 but item stay 3 days milano italy. 05/03 change delivery day. Now more problem wit ups can't macho address, phone number etc. amazon say delivery day 05/03-19/03. Say sorry about delay and give me back shipping cost! China delivery more fast through nederland. What i say? Never buy again from amazon uk Im waiting bout month arrived on small packet from europe. AMAZING

customer service (25)
jimm1081
March 3rd, 2020
Say sorry about delay and give me back shipping cost!
China delivery more fast through nederland.
What i say? Never buy again from amazon uk
Im waiting bout month arrived on small packet from europe.
AMAZING
anthonyt450
July 4th, 2020
I have been using Amazon Prime for many years now, and although I have had my fair share of issues ranging from fake items being sold to poor delivery estimates, Amazon's customer service, returns policy, efficiency, and systems are very good and have steadily improved over the years.

Most of my purchases (mainly electrical and electronic) are now from Amazon, with the more random and less dependable eBay coming in second. On many occasions I have surprisingly found Amazon prices, especially on new items, to be cheaper than on eBay, and there is no competition when it comes to customer service, with eBay being a bit of a joke if you expect a quick resolve when things go wrong.

Please note that I am referring to the Amazon Prime service that you have to pay a yearly subscription to use (about £79.00 at the time of writing this review). For me, the cost of this Prime membership is well worth it, but you will have to decide for yourself if this offers good value for money, as this will of course depend on your individual requirements, budget, and needs.

It would take something quite dramatic for me to stop using Amazon, but there's always room for improvements, hence the 4 rather than 5 stars.
chrisw1027
February 21st, 2020
Late deliveries. Wrong items delivered. No exchange.
Amazon deliberately make it difficult to place orders without also buying Prime. The process is intentionally confusing making it an unpleasant and unnecessarily aggressive selling tactic.
Prime Next Day Delivery? More like "If We Deliver Anything, It'll Be Late And Probably Not What You Wanted"
shisira
June 16th, 2020
fergusm2
July 3rd, 2020
I purchase a 3 person Jobe towable on Amazon. It arrived in good time. We used it with two people once. After 40 minutes of use, it deflated quite quickly. Back on dry land we examined and found that the inner tube was badly cut in the same shape as the webbing stitching inside the towable. Nearly a mirror cut pattern. We open a chain in Amazon. It automatically posts a response that your issue with be responded to in 7 days. After nine-days, I contacted Amazon through the live chat. That was 30 minutes of getting nowhere. I just gave up in the end. Really shocking customer service
oliviah156
November 14th, 2020
I'm absolutely appalled by the amount of packaging they are using at them monument. Items getting packed in separate boxes which could easily have been put in the same box and then padded out with extra paper. What a ridiculous waste! I know they're going to say the boxes and paper are recycled and recyclable but what they are clearly failing to acknowledge is that the recycling process itself burns huge amounts or energy!

They also dont have a proper customer complaints and feedback service. Perhaps the only way to get through to them is to alert Greenpeace and get them on the case. Clearly the only option they are leaving us is to publicly expose and humiliate them.

I will be boycotting them from now on!
jamesh2651
June 29th, 2020
Amazon in the United Kingdom is very different from Amazon in the USA. The latter is governed by consumer protection laws, whereas the former is not. For example, I ordered a package of surgical masks for £21. After the order was placed, Amazon changed the seller of my order to a different seller that was selling an inferior version of the mask for less than half the price. My price didn't change, I was still charged £21 even though Amazon substituted an inferior product and they were getting it for a lower cost. When I confronted customer service, they told me I was getting what I asked for at the price I agreed to pay. They wouldn't accept the fact that the product wasn't the same. They told me if I didn't like it, then send it back. I did. I tried to buy masks again, figuring it was an isolated incident. It wasn't. The exact same thing happened. So I sent those back as well. I finally ordered from eBay. I got exactly what I asked for and wasn't scammed so they could keep more of my money.
The search engine... or lack of... Amazon's search engine is basically useless. Amazon isn't interested in helping you find what you want. They are only interested in trying to sell you as much useless rubbish as possible. The industry standard search operators do not work. For example, adding quotes before and after a search term is supposed to show you only the results that contain that particular term... nope doesn't work. Adding a hyphen before a keyword means exclude any results that contain that particular keyword... once again, nope doesn't work. For example, I search for "iPhone 11." I get a few iPhones and thousands of cases. So I add -case to the search, to exclude phone cases from the results. Now I get ZERO phones and all cases. Second... I searched for an iPhone 12 case. Now, if someone is searching for a case that fits a particular phone, it means they own that particular phone. So why is Amazon showing me a few cases for the iPhone 12 and hundreds of cases for iPhones I don't own? Like the iPhone X, the iPhone 11, the iPhone 8... none of these cases fit the 12, so why the EFF are you showing them to me?. A complete and total waste of my time. This is why I do not even bother searching for anything on Amazon and just shop elsewhere. Saves time and total frustration, which is much more important to me than saving a few pennies on a purchase.
garys50
May 28th, 2020
Finally found a means of sending Amazon a review. Had a couple of experiences recently with Amazon one blocking a genuine review because it impacted negatively on their own website and not the seller. I tried to place and order today and have gone through the qualify for free delivery I proceeded to checkout where 3 items would not be delivered to my address and de-selecting them was an ordeal that upset the entire order and reset things I had selected. My free delivery was now set to paid delivery and an item I had wanted 3 of was set to 1 something I did not spot until paid. I contacted customer service via chat to remedy the problem before order was processed too far. I was more or less called a liar and an idiot by the operator I was furious with the operator and ended up cancelling the entire order. Don't think I will be back anytime soon after this experience.
melaniec174
January 17th, 2020
I bought a doll in awesome condition and was so excited I rated the seller. It was my first time using the app. I didn't realize once you rate the seller everything is a done deal, she never sent the book that was in the listing. I messaged her nicely a couple of times, she said she put it in the box and then just didn't respond again. I opened a case and it went nowhere. Piss poor customer service, HOWEVER she had no problem reporting my awful message to her, so since I can't change my review on there, I will review her everywhere else. 0 stars. The app sucks and the this seller sucks too.
jasonc701
November 21st, 2019
Looks like fake listing guessing amazon aren't authorised to sell this monitor i pre ordered my back in oct Amazon have Cancelled My Order on the 16 nov they also have deleted my one of my shopping lists and history i called all i got is LG aren't supplying us they could not give me a straightforward answer i tried put a review on amazon no luck i bet they block negative reviews looks like you guys couldn't organise a p***-up in a brewery.
Guess i will have to buy from OCUK i brought all my parts from these guys they are more professional.
jeryn1
November 20th, 2019
I am really impressed of this site and original product good price and timely deliver keep it up...,...
doctora11
November 24th, 2019
When it comes to purchasing large products, particularly "used" or "refurbished" products advertised on Amazon by Amazon itself, they really like to go as cheap as possible in terms of packaging and delivering.

Back in December 2018, I purchased a £360 PC Monitor with the condition stated "Used - Very Good - Item will come repackaged. Accessories may have cosmetic damage." I understood that Amazon will be delivering the item repackaged, but the least they could do was package it well.

When it was delivered, the parcel itself was in such a poor quality, it was already half-opened and a had a gaping hole at its side. When I looked inside, I noticed that the PC monitor was only supported by a few measly strips of foam and a plastic bag so thin it was practically invisible. It was no wonder that within the hour of using the monitor, it completely malfunctioned.

For a £360 PC monitor, I expected much better packaging and handling. The worst part was when I had to deal with Amazon's customer service, because they expected me to haul the huge thing to a collection point in which the nearest one was too far a walking distance and I don't drive.

They suggested that I use a collection courier, which I did, and they subsequently had my return parcel lost in their delivery network. It was because of this, I had to spend the whole Christmas without the PC monitor and short of £360. In the end, I received my refund shortly before New Years Eve, but I will never buy large items from Amazon again, and hopefully by now, Amazon's Logistics has changed their act altogether.
jamesh1300
May 3rd, 2019
Support local small businesses instead before it is too late and don't shop on Amazon! This si a very immoral and greedy company. Don't buy from them.
gildal1
April 25th, 2019
. On April 21, Easter Sunday 2019, while cooking I discovered that my new sauce pan, purchased Dec. 2018, had 5 small holes that had developed in it. This is the first time in my life to experience such a cheap and inferior product, which now causes real concern for the future health of my family, in thinking that this metal has entered into our food. I was lied to by Amazon and their phone calls are recorded. I found there is no resolution team and these pots ARE STILL on their site for others to buy. I was offered a £20. Promo voucher, which is insulting, and it can hardly be construed as a gesture of GOOD WILL. In the past 6 months I have made over 50 orders, and I don't feel that asking for a better set of pots in compensation is being unreasonable. Yet I've had 3 supervisors tell me this was impossible. How dangerous is this?
joj163
July 2nd, 2018
For anyone in the UK beware when purchasing Kylie makeup from amazon not only did it cost me approx £80 for 2 lip glosses and 2 highlighters PLUS shipping amounting a further 12.99 was notified that it had eventually arrived by a Royal Mail posted card through my door informing me I had to pay 22.00 to be able to receive my order for custom fees! DISGUSTING!
alexag29
November 27th, 2019
I rather buy here than in any other website because 1. I don't have any problems with my cc 2. I find everything I need here 3. They have a lot of options of the same product
ns105
July 12th, 2019
I have been battling with Amazon about a refund. They paid it to IDT Prime card who closed business in March this year. I have sent proof of this but they have ignored it. They say refund paid and then said they contacted the company I asked for proof of this, to has been ignored. There is no longer any contact for IDT.
Amazon wont pay out. So off to court we go
edib6
January 19th, 2016
This has nothing to do with their service but the fact they don't have half the. Com has! I am not satisfied with that fact. Wanted to order bunch of stuff but wasn't able to simpy because it was not available.
clairep40
October 22nd, 2017
Do not use this company they go under the name shop electronics run by save 4 less limited on amazon, i bought a dvd player from them, which broke after 2 months getting any kind of contact from them is impossible trying to get a fixed replaced player is impossible they are rude and just ignore all my emails
christopherr44
March 16th, 2015
I wrote a review BELOW of my past experience with AMAZON.
Like others. I was hooked and was genuinely impressed with their service.
Unfortunately this has changed drastically. ALL AMAZONS DOING.

It's also important to know. I'm still with Amazon.
So no gripes or anything like that. I'm just not hooked or even happy anymore.
I am as a buyer. Just so disapointed with their new attitude towards their customers.
Every single change has been to benefit amazon.
"EVEN IF IT HURTS THE BUYER"
Amazon first."Profit" Buyer can go elsewhere if they don't like it attitude.

I will make it simple and just list the reasons.
1 - They remmoved the facility to see which seller will ship overseas. This is a nightmare now for overseas buyers OR sending gifts to family overseas.It also DIVERTS all buyers to Amazon themselves. Bypassing other cheaper sellers.
2 - Amazon seller charges. I do not sell there so no unhappy seller nonsence. Just a buyer.
Did you know they charge their up to 48% of a sale in fees. Seller provides item. Pays the postage. All vat plus all other costs out of the rest. 52%.
Think carefully about that.
IE. You are paying almost double for amazons greed. Shocking!

3 - They have removed or Basically Hidden or extremely difficult to find icons to purchase from other sellers.
Again forcefully diverting buyers to Amazons own items. I want to clearly see all offers from ALL sellers.To pick the best item or offer. That suits ME.Not Amazon.

4 - They have Increased their fees to all their sellers. By a HUGE MARGIN. 3-400% in some cases. Remember who pays these in the end.It's the buyer. YOU.

5 - Your wish list. This really was a wonderful item for buyers who like to save for later purchases and very enjoyable in the evening after work with a cup of tea and a quick browse for people like myself.Its no longer usable. Deliberately by amazon. They want you to go straight to their buy box and buy.It's still there. But its impossible to use. They put in a scrolling system that makes it unusable. Deliberately.

6 - The delivery times and the quality of items has Degraded to a shocking level.
I could not understand why they let this happen.so i asked a friend in the uk who sells on amazon. WHY?.
It seems their new warehouses that store items for some sellers. Now remove any feedback not praising amazon is REMOVED. Hence sellers can ship anything without worry of losing sales etc. I believe this does not effect private sellers who ship their own items.So if their feedback is good.It is genuine and safer to purchase from.
Shipping times my friend says. HIS OPINION ONLY PLEASE.
That Amazon have overstretched themselves with all these warehouses and can no longer keep control of everything. Items getting lost, broken and basically stuff anything into the package just to get it out of the warehouse.
That is not Amazons old policy of keep everything perfect for buyers.No quality, No care or worry of how buyers feel. Getting your childs christmas present with a sticker on the box.NO PACKAGING. Child collects xmas present from postman etc. This is just one example.

7- A simple one. You can no longer email amazon on 90% of issues as this facility has been remmoved. WHY? This is the age of email communication. Yet they remmoved it.Not everyone CAN or WANTS to talk through a phone or computer!

8 - Their PRIME service is a joke. Too many issues to write. But you can read all about this online. There is lots of horror stories to back up this statement.
You really should read some of them before paying for this service.

9 - Their catalogue. You can't find anything anymore.If you do. You really need to study it and try to find connnnections to other items and sellers. What your shown.IF you can get that far.IS what amazon want you to see.Not neseccarily what you want.
OR worse. Search for say example a book. You will see every book in the catalogue. Except the one you actually want.Or a million chinese items not even related to the item your searching for.ETC. ETC.

10 - This one is more of a question than a statement.
On most selling sites they have FORUMS.
Places on the site where BUYERS and sellers can go to see about problems, issues, price hikes and a host of different problems OR improvements on the site. This can be a great help to buyers. Asking sellers advice etc.
AMAZON deliberately BLOCK all buyers from seeing these forums.
WHY. Simple really.On the forums you can see ALL the different problems.
PRICE HIKES. Warehouse muck ups, sneaky site changes to benefit AMAZON.
Amazon seller fees,(They definately don't want buyers too see these) and Thousands of different issues on the site That they PREFER buyers didn't know about.On these forums you really do see what amazon thinks of buyers and their Take it or go away attitude about YOU. Their customers.
I only got to read them for about 90mins and even in that short time. What i read was an eye oppener.

There is dozens more issues that have risen in the last few years. I can't list them all.
But i left my original review on the bottom.
You can see. I loved amazon. I truly did appreciate it's service and customer care.
The change between both reviews is extreme and so disapointing.
I want my old amazon back.

OLD REVIEW
This review is based on my experience with amazon uk and may differ from others experience on the site.
In short
The good
1- You only have to give amazon your details, Credit card no.etc once.
After that everything is automatic.
2 - Their cusomer service is very efficent. Problems are sorted hassle free. They are Quick to reply to problems and any queries you might have.
3 - Prices are mostly Excellent, You get the odd item thats a bit overpriced, But in general if your looking for a Good price on anything, Amazon will Nearly always equal or better their competitors prices.
4 - Delivery is (Nearly always) very fast and Efficent. Although you may have to wait for some items. Items are well packed and Easy to open.(A bit over protected in some cases.ie a large box for a small item)If your an Enviromentalist then you might be a bit Concious of the fact that some items have far too much packaging, which is usually just thrown in the bin.
5 - They have on occasions some very good deals and sales.
6 - If you have a problem with any of their private sellers. They take responsibility for the order. They will sort any problems out if possible OR they will refund you for the item Themselves and then deal with the seller themselves without bothering you.
The Bad
1 - Their Quality of the item checking before shipping is not the best. I have personally been shipped a few very poor quality, damaged etc items. They will always sort it for you afterwards, refunds etc. But I would prefer if they put the extra effort into their quality checks in the first place, rather than have to go through the hassle of contacting them and having to complain.It's very Uncomfortable for buyers to do this. Especially if you have to do it a few times.
2 - As all amazon buyers know. Their shipping times on a small number of orders.Not always. 5-10% Can sometimes take days or even weeks for an item even to be dispatched. I don't care how well an item is packed if they are going to make me wait weeks for Simple orders.
3 - Some of the private sellers on amazon (90% are excellent)are not fit to sell online.
You may get the item cheap. But you will wait weeks to receive it and Some of the items you eventually receive are Really and truly not fit for anything but the bin. Horendous condition items. Their Largest dvd, games seller is liable to ship you any sort of rubbish just to fulfill their orders. They are also notorious for selling items they don't have in stock. This is a selling ploy to get every sale before every other seller can. Too keep all the business for themselves. Even if it means Upsetting any potential buyers. Buyers and service don't matter. All that matters is grabbing every sale and their profits. This is definately not the type of seller to be on a quality and supreme service site like Amazon.
4 - truthfully. You have to be carefull with their sales. Items are not always fairly priced.
You can purchase an item in a sale. Then find the same item 24hrs later in no sale at a much better price. This is misleading and unethical and not what i expect from amazon.
5 - Amazon Warehouse deals can be a bit of a gamble. Some of the items shipped are to say the least, poorly described.Or to be honest, Definately not as described. Avoid if possible. They don't actually give you much of a saving from the original price.So pay the bit extra and save on the returns hassle.
To Sum it all up
I personally find Amazon to be Excellent.As long as you understand beforehand that you may have to wait a bit for your items and avoid the few appalling private sellers.(As i said. 90% of them are excellent and provide an excellent service). You Can't beat the prices and service anywhere.
For Me.It is by far the best online shoppig site i have found online and i do a lot of my shopping online. 90% out of 100 for everything.

Tip for consumers: For me,the best online shop i have found

richardn27
December 22nd, 2017
Today is Friday 22 December and some family are visiting from the other side of the country and we are having an early Christmas as they are only here for the day. On Sunday I ordered a number of items from Amazon. Being a Prime member I arranged for delivery today and took the day off work to wait for the parcel. Guess what? They will now deliver it 'before 4 January' - they can't / won't give me a reason and will not commit to delivering tomorrow so I have no gifts for my family. I am seriously frustrated and upset and will be seriously embarrassed tomorrow.

Customer service is absolutely useless - fill in this form, attend this live chat, blah blah but absolutely no-one takes ownership and no-one seems to care.

This is the third time that Amazon has done something like this to me so they clearly have not done enough to address the problem and this leads me to conclude that they simply don't care about you as a customer.

Tip for consumers: If you need a gift or something for a special day rather buy it elsewhere or you may end up like me with nothing when Amazon let you down. So much for Prime!

jamesv169
July 17th, 2019
Not too happy about this, but I know it happens and it's hard to poinpoint who's fault it is. My keyboard was beat up throughout the delivery and unfortunately it was on sale the the return isn't that easy so I just kept it. I'd say be hesitant with electronic deliveries, a keybord aint much but I can imagine if it was laptop!
elenie
December 20th, 2018
Made an order for more than 500 pounds and was given an estimated delivery time of dec 7-19. Contacted them on Dec 20 to complain about the fact that my items didn't arrive and was told that this is normal and I should wait until jan 29th! I made this order on November 30th and there was no mention that it would have taken 2 whole months to have my items! All items are sold, processed and shipped by amazon and I am a prime member as well. I will be cancelling my prime membership and I strongly advice everyone to avoid amazon as it's just not reliable anymore.
jamesp387
November 11th, 2019
I love Amazon and have been a customer since 2013, when I was about 20 my adoration for this website started when I noticed my mum using it and so out of curiosity, I asked what it was. So this is a 5 star review based on as many years in the experience of making this review, though hopefully my writing will not be as lengthy as an essay about War and Peace.

While I do have traits of cynicism and nihilism, I'll be the first to give credit where credit is due and acknowledge great achievements of which I believe, Amazon is a step forward, not backwards, for humanity as a whole. Cue the sound of the marching band. I get it.

Prior to shopping here, I used the high street, carrying heavy bags home but now I only venture out for food shopping or down to the builders merchant for emergency and recreational DIY purposes. Someone's got to fill the gaps in driveway, right?

I never fail to be amazed by the sheer range of stock on Amazon. There is almost nothing you can't think of that can't be found using the search function, except "big things" like cars or boats... Who knows. They might get listed on there one day.

About 95% of stuff I was specifically looking for by model/brand and even detail can be found on Amazon. I'm such a fan that I exclusively use the NewDay credit card that gives amazon points for every day purchases. Items are delivered straight to your door so no heavy lifting or travelling. It is my opinion that Amazon has revolutionized the world of retail. For the better.

What do you mean for worse?! Well. Obviously there is the argument it takes business away from the high street. I disagree with that because for example you cant get pre made coffee delivered hot, you need to try clothes on generally even if you know your sizes and a shop you can walk into is convenient. Snakes and Ladders.

I do like the addition of the Prime membership upgrade which I have trialled, when subscribed to you can access lots of music, e books and films you can enjoy if you pay extra for it per month, however it's one of those that's not necessary but nice to have. Gucci.

Perhaps the only gripe I have is that you can't choose your delivery times and might have to arrange it with a seller. #smalltalk. I think a better way would be have Amazon hire a seperate delivery company (courier) that specializes in custom delivery times for the customer as some of us have had to work zero hour contracts so it's hard to tell when you can stay in and avoid a parcel going to the neighbor or left behind a wheelie bin as a security risk. Normally though I time it so it fits around any work commitments. Got 'em.

In closing I would say that it's still one of, if not the greatest place online and on earth to shop for the miscellaneous. I have heard that Amazon is venturing into the food market. We all know the potential issues of 1 single company dominating the world, which are valid concerns but it's up to other companies to step up and provide competition. Of which there is no compelling evidence so far. Change my mind, Stephen Crowder.

Still i'm happy to share many more years of business with them, the price points for the same item on the high street is always lower. I'm not particularly fond of Jeff Bezos or his politics. But great products, great prices, great service continue to be pulled out of the proverbial magic hat, where else would I get my stuff?. Thankyou Bezos. Top geezer.
fadir1
April 29th, 2017
Hi all,
If you are trying to by anything online from amazon.co.uk make sure most of the stuff are from china and imagine you will have an issue with the item you bought as I had already is very difficulty to contact the seller or to make them understandable your issue what you are facing! All offices are in china and are using a depots on U. K And sell in amazon! Ok if you said I'm going back to amazon you are taking a wrong step as amazon's customerservices are very well trained to be nicely and politely but you will end up no where with waste of time and money, as what happened to us.
Good luck

It is very easy you just e-mail them and they get back to you within 2 days.

By Sara T.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Amazon UK staff and other customers.

Sign up to Amazon Prime for unlimited One-Day Delivery. Low prices at Amazon on digital cameras, MP3, sports, books, music, DVDs, video games, home & garden and much more.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon UK?

See reviews as you browse with our Firefox extension

3.6
Have a question about Amazon UK?