Amazon UK

Amazon UK has a consumer rating of 3.9 stars from 160 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Amazon UK also ranks 15th among Marketplace sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 42.9%

• Absolute brilliant store products are always as described brand-new and customer service is second to none.
  • If you buy a few things through amazon, the prime next day delivery service is phenomenal -

• The delivery times and the quality of items has Degraded to a shocking level.
  • Just like with the phone calls, they didn't bother to respond.
How would you rate Amazon UK?

“Stay home stay safe”

Shisir A.
6/16/20

At this crisis moment of the pandemic Coronavirus, we are receiving orders through online. In this regard our delivery process depends on the Government's Instructions about COVID-19. However Walton has taken some special initiatives for delivering the products to the valued customers obeying the Government's Instructions as well as maintaining personal safety of the persons who will deliver the products. Therefore, it may take some time in the delivery of products. Please Stay Home & Stay Safe

“worst company ever see”

jim m.
3/3/20

worst company ever see.bought couple antennas and paid 21 february.1st arrived its 26/02 but item stay 3 days milano italy. 05/03 change delivery day.now more problem wit ups can't macho address ,phone number etc.amazon say delivery day 05/03-19/03. say sorry about delay and give me back shipping cost!!!!!! china delivery more fast through nederland. what i say? never buy again from amazon uk im waiting bout month arrived on small packet from europe. AMAZING

customer service (23) day delivery (8) delivery times (5) phone (14) items (20) market place (4)
shisira
June 16th, 2020
jimm1081
March 3rd, 2020
say sorry about delay and give me back shipping cost!!!!!!
china delivery more fast through nederland.
what i say? never buy again from amazon uk
im waiting bout month arrived on small packet from europe.
AMAZING
doctora11
November 24th, 2019
When it comes to purchasing large products, particularly "used" or "refurbished" products advertised on Amazon by Amazon itself, they really like to go as cheap as possible in terms of delivering.

Back in December 2018, I purchased a £360 PC Monitor with the condition literally stated "Used - Very Good - Item will come repackaged. Accessories may have cosmetic damage." I understood that Amazon will be delivering the item repackaged, but the least they could do was package it well.

When it was delivered, the parcel itself was in such a poor quality, it was already half-opened and a had a huge hole located at its side. When I looked inside, I noticed that the PC monitor was only supported by a few measly strips of plastic foam and a super-thin bag. It was no wonder that within the hour of installing the monitor, it completely malfunctioned.

I was disgusted. For a £360 PC monitor, I expected much better packaging and handling. The worst part was when I had to deal with Amazon's customer service, because they expected me to haul the huge package to a collection point in which the nearest one was too far a walking distance and I don't drive.

They suggested that I use a collection courier, which I did, and they subsequently had my return parcel lost in their delivery network. It was because of this, I had to spend the Christmas without the PC monitor and short of £360. I received my refund shortly before New Years Eve, but I will never buy large items from Amazon again, and, hopefully, by now, Amazon's Logistics has changed their act.
chrisw1027
February 21st, 2020
Late deliveries. Wrong items delivered. No exchange.
Amazon deliberately make it difficult to place orders without also buying Prime. The process is intentionally confusing making it an unpleasant and unnecessarily aggressive selling tactic.
Prime Next Day Delivery? More like "If We Deliver Anything, It'll Be Late And Probably Not What You Wanted"
alexag29
November 27th, 2019
I rather buy here than in any other website because 1. I don't have any problems with my cc 2. I find everything I need here 3. They have a lot of options of the same product
fergusm2
July 3rd, 2020
I purchase a 3 person Jobe towable on Amazon. It arrived in good time. We used it with two people once. After 40 minutes of use, it deflated quite quickly. Back on dry land we examined and found that the inner tube was badly cut in the same shape as the webbing stitching inside the towable. Nearly a mirror cut pattern. We open a chain in Amazon. It automatically posts a response that your issue with be responded to in 7 days. After nine-days, I contacted Amazon through the live chat. That was 30 minutes of getting nowhere. I just gave up in the end. Really shocking customer service
anthonyt450
July 4th, 2020
I have been using Amazon Prime for many years now, and although I have had my fair share of issues ranging from fake items being sold to poor delivery estimates, Amazon's customer service, returns policy, efficiency, and systems are very good and have steadily improved over the years.

Most of my purchases (mainly electrical and electronic) are now from Amazon, with the more random and less dependable eBay coming in second. On many occasions I have surprisingly found Amazon prices, especially on new items, to be cheaper than on eBay, and there is no competition when it comes to customer service, with eBay being a bit of a joke if you expect a quick resolve when things go wrong.

Please note that I am referring to the Amazon Prime service that you have to pay a yearly subscription to use (about £79.00 at the time of writing this review). For me, the cost of this Prime membership is well worth it, but you will have to decide for yourself if this offers good value for money, as this will of course depend on your individual requirements, budget, and needs.

It would take something quite dramatic for me to stop using Amazon, but there's always room for improvements, hence the 4 rather than 5 stars.
jamesp387
November 11th, 2019
I love Amazon and have been a customer since 2013, when I was about 20 my adoration for this website started when I noticed my mum using it and so out of curiosity, I asked what it was. So this is a 5 star review based on as many years in the experience of making this review, though hopefully my writing will not be as lengthy as an essay about War and Peace.

While I do have traits of cynicism and nihilism, I'll be the first to give credit where credit is due and acknowledge great achievements of which I believe, Amazon is a step forward, not backwards, for humanity as a whole. Cue the sound of the marching band. I get it.

Prior to shopping here, I used the high street, carrying heavy bags home but now I only venture out for food shopping or down to the builders merchant for emergency and recreational DIY purposes. Someone's got to fill the gaps in driveway, right?

I never fail to be amazed by the sheer range of stock on Amazon. There is almost nothing you can't think of that can't be found using the search function, except "big things" like cars or boats... Who knows.. They might get listed on there one day.

About 95% of stuff I was specifically looking for by model/brand and even detail can be found on Amazon. I'm such a fan that I exclusively use the NewDay credit card that gives amazon points for every day purchases. Items are delivered straight to your door so no heavy lifting or travelling. It is my opinion that Amazon has revolutionized the world of retail..for the better.

What do you mean for worse?! Well.. Obviously there is the argument it takes business away from the high street. I disagree with that because for example you cant get pre made coffee delivered hot, you need to try clothes on generally even if you know your sizes and a shop you can walk into is convenient. Snakes and Ladders.

I do like the addition of the Prime membership upgrade which I have trialled, when subscribed to you can access lots of music, e books and films you can enjoy if you pay extra for it per month, however it's one of those that's not necessary but nice to have. Gucci.

Perhaps the only gripe I have is that you can't choose your delivery times and might have to arrange it with a seller. #smalltalk. I think a better way would be have Amazon hire a seperate delivery company (courier) that specializes in custom delivery times for the customer as some of us have had to work zero hour contracts so it's hard to tell when you can stay in and avoid a parcel going to the neighbor or left behind a wheelie bin as a security risk. Normally though I time it so it fits around any work commitments. Got 'em.

In closing I would say that it's still one of, if not the greatest place online and on earth to shop for the miscellaneous. I have heard that Amazon is venturing into the food market. We all know the potential issues of 1 single company dominating the world, which are valid concerns but it's up to other companies to step up and provide competition.. Of which there is no compelling evidence so far.. Change my mind, Stephen Crowder.

Still i'm happy to share many more years of business with them, the price points for the same item on the high street is always lower. I'm not particularly fond of Jeff Bezos or his politics. But great products, great prices, great service continue to be pulled out of the proverbial magic hat, where else would I get my stuff? . Thankyou Bezos. Top geezer.
jeryn1
November 20th, 2019
I am really impressed of this site and original product good price and timely deliver keep it up.....,...
garys50
May 28th, 2020
Finally found a means of sending Amazon a review. Had a couple of experiences recently with Amazon one blocking a genuine review because it impacted negatively on their own website and not the seller. I tried to place and order today and have gone through the qualify for free delivery I proceeded to checkout where 3 items would not be delivered to my address and de-selecting them was an ordeal that upset the entire order and reset things I had selected. My free delivery was now set to paid delivery and an item I had wanted 3 of was set to 1 something I did not spot until paid. I contacted customer service via chat to remedy the problem before order was processed too far. I was more or less called a liar and an idiot by the operator I was furious with the operator and ended up cancelling the entire order. Don't think I will be back anytime soon after this experience.
melaniec174
January 17th, 2020
I bought a doll in awesome condition and was so excited I rated the seller. It was my first time using the app. I didn't realize once you rate the seller everything is a done deal, she never sent the book that was in the listing. I messaged her nicely a couple of times, she said she put it in the box and then just didn't respond again. I opened a case and it went nowhere. piss poor customer service, HOWEVER she had no problem reporting my awful message to her, so since I can't change my review on there, I will review her everywhere else. 0 stars. the app sucks and the this seller sucks too.
jasonc701
November 21st, 2019
Looks like fake listing guessing amazon aren't authorised to sell this monitor i pre ordered my back in oct Amazon have Cancelled My Order on the 16 nov they also have deleted my one of my shopping lists and history i called all i got is LG aren't supplying us they could not give me a straightforward answer i tried put a review on amazon no luck i bet they block negative reviews looks like you guys couldn't organise a p***-up in a brewery.
Guess i will have to buy from OCUK i brought all my parts from these guys they are more professional.
carolc443
August 19th, 2019
Easy to use in app plenty of bargains great products reasonable price for delivery keep you updated throughout friendly company very helpful and quick refund if you return or cancel and great deals if you are a prime member good company to buy from glad I joined
jamesh1300
May 3rd, 2019
Support local small businesses instead before it is too late and don't shop on Amazon! This si a very immoral and greedy company. Don't buy from them.
karenz77
June 23rd, 2019
I've been using Amazon for around 7 years now and I absolutely love it. Anything I can't find in stores or if I want to find something with a reasonable price, Amazon is definitely the place for it.

Delivery can be fast and they can often deliver things the next day thanks to Amazon Prime. I don't pay for the subscription anymore but I still pay the extra fees for the Prime delivery because I think it's worth it. Don't know how they can do it so quickly!

I also really like the feature of the Amazon lockers as I can collect it nearby my apartment since the concierge isn't always here.

Definitely my go to place to shop for pretty much anything!
gildal1
April 25th, 2019
. On April 21, Easter Sunday 2019, while cooking I discovered that my new sauce pan, purchased Dec.2018, had 5 small holes that had developed in it. This is the first time in my life to experience such a cheap and inferior product, which now causes real concern for the future health of my family, in thinking that this metal has entered into our food. I was lied to by Amazon and their phone calls are recorded. I found there is no resolution team and these pots ARE STILL on their site for others to buy. I was offered a £20. promo voucher, which is insulting, and it can hardly be construed as a gesture of GOOD WILL. In the past 6 months I have made over 50 orders, and I don't feel that asking for a better set of pots in compensation is being unreasonable.Yet I've had 3 supervisors tell me this was impossible.How dangerous is this?
bradleyr55
June 17th, 2019
I brought an gaming chair in 2017 but it was only second-hand, I really wanted a new one because my back was hurting also the chair was really uncomfortable. So I looked everywhere on different sites and the prices was ridicule. I was strolling through and for a reasonable price on amazon I brought it and it come the next day also very easy to set up and I have been using amazon for 2 years now and damn they are good
joj163
July 2nd, 2018
For anyone in the UK beware when purchasing Kylie makeup from amazon not only did it cost me approx £80 for 2 lip glosses and 2 highlighters PLUS shipping amounting a further 12.99 was notified that it had eventually arrived by a Royal Mail posted card through my door informing me I had to pay 22.00 to be able to receive my order for custom fees!!!!! DISGUSTING!!!!
flavilm
February 15th, 2019
I like to buy the household goods such as shelf, washcloths, batteries, toilet paper, hygrometer and humidity gauge indicator etc. at this site since it really has a very wide range of products. Just search, I can find what I am looking for, very convenient. I can always receive my items quickly. The quality is good.
jims324
February 18th, 2019
If you buy a few things through amazon, the prime next day delivery service is phenomenal - it is incredible how they can do it so quickly.
jamesv169
July 17th, 2019
Not too happy about this, but I know it happens and it's hard to poinpoint who's fault it is. My keyboard was beat up throughout the delivery and unfortunately it was on sale the the return isn't that easy so I just kept it. I'd say be hesitant with electronic deliveries, a keybord aint much but I can imagine if it was laptop!
ns105
July 12th, 2019
I have been battling with Amazon about a refund. They paid it to IDT Prime card who closed business in March this year. I have sent proof of this but they have ignored it. They say refund paid and then said they contacted the company I asked for proof of this, to has been ignored. There is no longer any contact for IDT.
Amazon wont pay out. So off to court we go
susanb282
June 2nd, 2017
I love Amazon. I buy almost everything on there. Couple of clicks and I'm done - huge range of products, fast check out and next day delivery ... what could I possibly criticize?

Packaging ... there's tons of it. I shop a lot and every item comes in huge boxes with tons of extra packing. I know it needs to arrive in one piece but is a whole tree of paper really necessary?
sarahh552
September 24th, 2019
Brilliant, if I can't find an item locally, I can always find it on amazon. Super fast delivery. Recommended.
clairep40
October 22nd, 2017
do not use this company they go under the name shop electronics run by save 4 less limited on amazon, i bought a dvd player from them, which broke after 2 months getting any kind of contact from them is impossible trying to get a fixed replaced player is impossible they are rude and just ignore all my emails

it is very easy you just e-mail them and they get back to you within 2 days.

By Sara T.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Amazon UK staff and other customers.

Sign up to Amazon Prime for unlimited One-Day Delivery. Low prices at Amazon on digital cameras, MP3, sports, books, music, DVDs, video games, home & garden and much more.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon UK?

Have a question about Amazon UK?