Review of Amazon.co.uk

Tel: 278-6234752
gamaciriaco@amazon.co.uk

sarat145
8/20/19

Amazon are great they help out when there are problems and they keep messages from yourself to the sellers.

carolc443
8/19/19

Easy to use in app plenty of bargains great products reasonable price for delivery keep you updated throughout friendly company very helpful and quick refund if you return or cancel and great deals if you are a prime member good company to buy from glad I joined

lesleyd30
8/17/19

very happy with amazon, I buy a great deal from them. only a couple of times have I had cause to return an item and have been refunded within a couple of days. they sell an amazing amount of different items and are cheaper than most stores, and fast shipping.

jamesv169
7/17/19

Not too happy about this, but I know it happens and it's hard to poinpoint who's fault it is. My keyboard was beat up throughout the delivery and unfortunately it was on sale the the return isn't that easy so I just kept it. I'd say be hesitant with electronic deliveries, a keybord aint much but I can imagine if it was laptop!

ns105
7/12/19

I have been battling with Amazon about a refund. They paid it to IDT Prime card who closed business in March this year. I have sent proof of this but they have ignored it. They say refund paid and then said they contacted the company I asked for proof of this, to has been ignored. There is no longer any contact for IDT.
Amazon wont pay out. So off to court we go

abdua4
7/3/19

excellent for buying online stuff in UK. I bought a lot of stuff, very reliable so far.
accurate shipping estimation
smooth interaction

karenz77
6/23/19

I've been using Amazon for around 7 years now and I absolutely love it. Anything I can't find in stores or if I want to find something with a reasonable price, Amazon is definitely the place for it.

Delivery can be fast and they can often deliver things the next day thanks to Amazon Prime. I don't pay for the subscription anymore but I still pay the extra fees for the Prime delivery because I think it's worth it. Don't know how they can do it so quickly!

I also really like the feature of the Amazon lockers as I can collect it nearby my apartment since the concierge isn't always here.

Definitely my go to place to shop for pretty much anything!

bradleyr55
6/17/19

I brought an gaming chair in 2017 but it was only second-hand, I really wanted a new one because my back was hurting also the chair was really uncomfortable. So I looked everywhere on different sites and the prices was ridicule. I was strolling through and for a reasonable price on amazon I brought it and it come the next day also very easy to set up and I have been using amazon for 2 years now and damn they are good

jamesh1300
5/3/19

Support local small businesses instead before it is too late and don't shop on Amazon! This si a very immoral and greedy company. Don't buy from them.

gildal1
4/25/19

. On April 21, Easter Sunday 2019, while cooking I discovered that my new sauce pan, purchased Dec.2018, had 5 small holes that had developed in it. This is the first time in my life to experience such a cheap and inferior product, which now causes real concern for the future health of my family, in thinking that this metal has entered into our food. I was lied to by Amazon and their phone calls are recorded. I found there is no resolution team and these pots ARE STILL on their site for others to buy. I was offered a £20. promo voucher, which is insulting, and it can hardly be construed as a gesture of GOOD WILL. In the past 6 months I have made over 50 orders, and I don't feel that asking for a better set of pots in compensation is being unreasonable.Yet I've had 3 supervisors tell me this was impossible.How dangerous is this?

jims324
2/18/19

If you buy a few things through amazon, the prime next day delivery service is phenomenal - it is incredible how they can do it so quickly.

flavilm
2/15/19

I like to buy the household goods such as shelf, washcloths, batteries, toilet paper, hygrometer and humidity gauge indicator etc. at this site since it really has a very wide range of products. Just search, I can find what I am looking for, very convenient. I can always receive my items quickly. The quality is good.

elenie
12/20/18

Made an order for more than 500 pounds and was given an estimated delivery time of dec 7-19. Contacted them on Dec 20 to complain about the fact that my items didn't arrive and was told that this is normal and I should wait until jan 29th! I made this order on November 30th and there was no mention that it would have taken 2 whole months to have my items!! All items are sold, processed and shipped by amazon and I am a prime member as well. I will be cancelling my prime membership and I strongly advice everyone to avoid amazon as it's just not reliable anymore.

sharonl255
10/22/18

Buy here many times a month for business and personal and prices are very good. Did though buy hugo boss shoes from the site and you would think as the shoes were quite expensive you would get free returns which was not the case- that said still great site.

diedrac1
10/18/18

My all time fav online site. I do order various things almost every week and I receive the product very quickly without any issue. You're the best - Amazon!

paulb274
10/15/18

Superb vehicle tracker but what impressed the most was the 5* customer service. Nothing is too much trouble for them in setting up my device.

seide
7/8/18

It's the perfect item for a hike it's worth the money and I I'm going to buy it for the whole family
Thanks

joj163
7/2/18

For anyone in the UK beware when purchasing Kylie makeup from amazon not only did it cost me approx £80 for 2 lip glosses and 2 highlighters PLUS shipping amounting a further 12.99 was notified that it had eventually arrived by a Royal Mail posted card through my door informing me I had to pay 22.00 to be able to receive my order for custom fees!!!!! DISGUSTING!!!!

ahmedk38
4/29/18

I bought these 4 solar operated security light
Very easy to set up and install , very bright light
Very happy with these light

miroslavr2
4/11/18

Bought many times from them, never had unresolved issue... Have had issues but always cleared *only* in my favor!
They have great discounts (rare but great). I would recommend it (and I do it).

lisaw330
3/21/18

Wide range of product at best price - Good customer support as always - clean website with easy navigation can say a lot like this...

seanc124
3/13/18

Bought the Toamen slouch beanie from Amazon, fantastic value only £0.78 plus £1.78 p&p. Really well made, thick cable knit and furry lined inner great for winter. Have had loads of enquiries from friends about it. If you're looking for a slouch beanie this is a great option and at less than £5.00 outstanding value for money.

robertc461
3/9/18

I dont think anyother website is more trustable than amazon. Amazon is my choice always when i want to buy something online

joela39
2/4/18

In relation to Order # 205-8187368-2071530:

On 18th December I placed an order with Amazon for around £250 worth of items using their Prime 'Guaranteed Next Day' delivery service. The order consisted 11 different items (a range of toys and other gifts bought for Christmas to give to family and friends). Amazon in the past have been a very reliable and reputable company with exemplary customer service so I felt that this was a convenient and safe option to make sure I had everything arrive in time for Christmas. This, however, was the start of my Christmas nightmare.

The following day, nothing arrived. This was not an issue however, as my family were not coming to visit until the following Saturday so there was still another 4 days left before it would present any sort of problem for me. On the Wednesday, 3 of the 11 items turned up. On Thursday, nothing. On Friday morning, I finally receive a phone call from my sister (whose address the parcels were due to arrive at) telling me she was starting to get worried as most of the items had still not arrived and they had to be ready and wrapped for the following day to give to my visiting family members who live in a different part of the country. Given the urgency of the situation, I decided to take a break from work and give Amazon's customer service department a call.

I initially spoke to a member of their team who looked into the situation and found that the items had indeed not been delivered, but that it should be fine and they would most likely arrive later that day. I explained my situation to them and told them that essentially if the items did not turn up I would be stuck with nothing to give to my family to open on Christmas day. I asked this member of staff to look into the situation again so that they could absolutely guarantee this, at which point the line goes quiet and a few seconds later the call terminates. Not being satisfied with the outcome, I decide to call back again at which point I get through to another customer service agent who again appears to hang up the call. By this point I was getting very frustrated but given that I had no choice I decided to call them again.

By this time, it was 3:00pm and I had already wasted around half an hour of my working day trying to sort the situation out. I then get through to customer service agent number 3, who I explain to that I haven't received my items - to which he replies that they will definitely arrive by 9pm that night. I then explain to the agent that I need this absolutely guaranteed as if they do not deliver the items by 9pm I would then not have an opportunity to go out Christmas shopping that day in order to replace the items they had not delivered. After some deliberation he agrees to go and double check for me, and, surprise surprise, he tells me that the parcels won't be arriving after all.

By this point, I was absolutely fuming. I could not believe that after 5 days of waiting on their 'Guaranteed Next Day' delivery and an hour on the phone speaking to 3 different people they were actually telling me they were not able to deliver my parcels. All of this given that they DIDN'T EVEN HAVE THE DECENCY to contact me and let me know what was going on. Had my sister not bothered to contact me, I wouldn't have even known until the following day (by which point it would be too late).

Anyway, I continued my conversation with agent number 3 and explained that I was absolutely disgusted by their level of service and that my only option was to finish work early (costing me around £50 in lost pay), travel to the town centre and spend the rest of my afternoon/evening shopping for presents that I didn't have the money for (since I had already spent it with Amazon). The initial response to this was to offer me a £5 Amazon gift card and 1 month free Amazon Prime (frankly an insult given the situation). They then offer me a refund to which I tell the agent it does not compensate me for the situation they have caused and I would be making a complaint and closing down my account (which I have had for over 10 years and spent many thousands of pounds with them on). He then decides to go and speak to his manager, and agrees that they will still fulfill the order and I will receive the items in due course, and they will issue me a full refund (which would instantly arrive in my account) for the items not yet received. Although I was not happy about having to leave work and roam around the town centre buying presents, I felt this was fair compensation and the best they could do given the situation. We then end the call and I head out of work.

I arrive in a very busy town centre and attempt to look for anything which may be suitable given the money I had on my card. I enter Toys R Us and grab some toys for my niece and nephew, head to the counter and get my card out to pay. I enter my PIN and find that my card has been declined. I then try again, but it appears as though there is no money in my account. I then leave Toys R Us (the time is now about 5:00pm) and head to the Cashpoint machine to find that my refund has not yet arrived. I go on Amazon's live chat and the person I speak to tells me that the refund will arrive in 5-7 working days. Desperate, I call one of my friends who agrees to lend me £50 (not exactly enough for 8 gifts but better than nothing). I then spend my evening around town buying anything I can so at least there is something for my family to open for Christmas (aware that the items should arrive later on and I could always try and post them later).

Christmas then comes and goes without too much bother. It comes to my attention in the first week of January however that the items had still not been delivered, so I decide its time to give Amazon another call. I get through to a customer service agent, and after saying a few words the call hangs up, so I call back again. I then get through to another agent who explains to me that my refund has been issued. I tell him that I have received the refund but I was still waiting for the items, for which he says the items had been returned and would not be sent out again. I then explain to them that I was still supposed to receive the items as per the agreement I made with them on the 22nd of December, to which he replies (surprise) that there are no notes on the system to this effect. He agrees to raise the issue with a manager for it to be investigated and I would definitely receive an email back about this in 5-7 days.

2 weeks later, I still have no email or items, so I call Amazon again. After calling them three times and being hung up on and spending around 45 minutes on the phone I am finally put through to a supervisor. They tell me again that there is no notes on the system and there has been no investigation into my case. This time, I am promised a call back the following day at 5:00pm once the investigation has been done. I sit next to my phone at 5:00pm the following day but do not receive a call. I then check my Amazon account to find a message sent saying that they 'weren't able to reach me' and they were sorry that I was 'misinformed' that I would still receive the items. They tell me I should call back again for more information about it.

I can tell you I have now given up trying to deal with their shambolic customer service team. The entire experience has been absolutely disgraceful and they should be ashamed of the way they have treated me as a longstanding and loyal customer of 10 years. I am now going to be closing my account with them and I will be posting my experience on every major review site online as well as telling all my friends and family. Amazon has embarrassed me at a supposed happy time of year and they don't seem to give a monkeys about their customers anymore. I will now be reporting them to the Advertising Standards Agency regarding their false advertising claims and I will be speaking to BBC's Watchdog about my case.

I HAVE FULL EVIDENCE FOR ALL OF THIS BUT IF ANYONE ELSE HAS HAD A SIMILAR EXPERIENCE PLEASE LET ME KNOW AS WE CAN POTENTIALLY WORK TOGETHER IN HOLDING AMAZON TO ACCOUNT ON THEIR FALSE CLAIMS AND POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE.

richardh290
1/9/18

Amazon have had some slips in the past, particularly going through a phase of missing several deliveries. However, I am at my 500th delivery now and I cant help but marvel at how damn good their service is.

6 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

it is very easy you just e-mail them and they get back to you within 2 days.

By Sara T.

Questions? Get answers from the Amazon.co.uk staff and other customers.

2 Photos for Amazon.co.uk