Review of Freelancer

support@freelancer.com
2018 Customer choice award

dalalb
6/15/19

i got the answer of my concern quickly from Anastasia

i was experiencing payment delay from the employer, he didn't want to release the last milestone after edited the logo i created for him
and after creating an additional logo for the application

imeel
6/15/19

For the life of me, I got so distressed after a chat with a questionable "employer". As a beginner here, I should've done my part but I got too excited and chatted away without checking his authenticity. Anyhoo, Jennifer was soooo patient with me and delivered all of my concerns with some tips, a bonus to how very helpful she already was. Thank you, Jennifer!!

alkak4
6/15/19

I am new to freelancer and faced some membership related issue. I reached to support and it was my good luck i met with Judith J and he instantly solved my problem. Thank you Judith J

saraa183
6/15/19

thanks for doing that.I asked about problem for my account and immediately solved by mr. Oscare.
I appreciate that well
so thanks a lot

er168
6/15/19

Had support which Stephanie M dealt with - Quick response, very detailed explanation, and she did a great job. Very helpful. Thank you!

ayobamia
6/15/19

This personnel has proven again that this platform is made up of highly competent individuals. Phoebe is such a unique, responsive, relational, and helpful person. I am grateful, you were the one I met. Thanks really appreciate.

mustafisurr
6/15/19

i am very much satisfied with his/her support. Very clear an patience with giving support. obviously giving 5 star rating.

qasimz
6/15/19

Rapid Response, Solve My Issues, I appreciated her prompt support. Definitely makes me feel more confident in getting to support again.

sergeys79
6/14/19

Communicating with potential freelancers on this web site is very awkward due to horrible interface design, Anyway, I contracted a freelancer on freelancer.com to make my site audit and deposited the requested amount of money. Instead of the audit, the freelancer gave me a recommendation totally unrelated to my job description - to use social media ads. I requested to cancel my contract and refund me. Approximately 10 days later I received an email from freelancer requesting more funds to continue reviewing the dispute. My advise: stay awa from this company. Use their competition, like upwork.

carlosl120
6/13/19

Anastacia D. was very helpful with the situation I presented. It's nice to have this support team on our side

natishens
6/12/19

Jade D quickly resolve a problem we had in minutes and it was awesome. i loved the way she/he responded to us.

ebrus2
6/12/19

Frida helped me in the shortest way.
But I´m not satisfied with the first agent/case. The agent before had also asked the first and important think of the version but she didn`t and Frida did.
If the first agent did ask the version I had the chance to save my 2 hours for my project and not waiting for any support or trying to follow the solution which me the first agent gave.

aymans21
6/12/19

Thankx for your immediate action- it was great to help me
But still need to create very restricted criteria when you approve programmers or any IT, it was very bad experiences with zero coding (Evgeni V) from Russia
Spoiled 1 year hard work within 24 hrs
Corrupter database, down website , could not recall website , take care never deal with him until understand what IT
My dvises to Evgine V) to study first - this place for serious business not for kids

Great service

zahanarab
6/12/19

i am freelancer now a days i have many problem to face but they really help me . this side was really fantastic . specially Anastasia D helps me .

marting167
6/12/19

Eula R from Support team helped me a lot, 5 stars for her :)
me and my employer had some problems with releasing the milestones, even when the work was all finished. Eula turned on chat in the second I contacted support and helped with explaining the process

mirandap32
6/12/19

I had some issues with the website Freelancer.com (which has some serious predatory tactics). Eula was extremely polite, helpful and very pleasant to talk to. A great interaction overall!

leonardog21
6/12/19

They provided great customer service. I look forward to hearing back from you guys soon with high hopes on this matter Thank you both!

tonyn102
6/12/19

Clear and succinct. The suggestions and links were very helpful. Judith was able to access my accounts and be able to direct me to the appropriate pages on the website.

aleksandrar6
6/12/19

Anastasia D. is one of the rare Freelancer's employees that has deeper understanding of freelancer's issues, questions, troubles. She took immediate action while we were chatting and promised to take a follow up of the part that is up to Freelancer's relevant departments. It's my first time that I am satisfied with this service. All previous times I was given only promises with no results up to present time (too many unsolved tickets, unpaid guaranteed contests, irrelevant answers, untrained staff, etc). Good job Anastasia D. If you are not, you should be a tutor or at least supervisor to people working in this service. Thanks once again.

ghazanfarc
6/12/19

helpful girl. guide easily and explain everything nicely. positive, humble.
she guided me complete process which I was struggling.

hollye10
6/12/19

I contacted Freelancer support a few times and I was never given a clear answer until today. I was dealing with a difficult employer who I had complained about many times to no avail, however Eula (Eular R) was extremely helpful and actually gave me an answer that helped me cancel the project. I think the freelancer helpline has improved a lot over the past few months (or maybe Eula was just super helpful)

adamr204
6/12/19

Professional , Quick and direct.my issues were resolved and i happy with the service . Thanks Anastasia D

shajiahr3
6/12/19

REALLY I Am speechless to explain feedback about great performance / response from this repesentative

tracyr130
6/12/19

This company does not clearly state it will remove your project fee BEFORE and REGARDLESS of whether you ever get paid. The fee will be debited from your bank account. Additionally, they make it so you cannot log into your account after creation to remove your bank card information, cancel the account or remove it entirely. I've been fighting with them for weeks on these issues. They remain unresolved. Huge SCAM!

Tip for consumers: Use a different site which doesn't charge a percentage of the proposed pay.

vijayp44
6/11/19

Freelancer staff post fake jobs; you get the job, they cut project fees. and then client account gets closed so your project fees is gone ! and your work too !!!

73 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Many people buy on Freelancer and they want to know if they have a system in place for refunds...

I'm a victim myself. I already stop using this more than a year ago. I'm surprised that the complains reach thousand plus and still counting... if that doesn't satisfy you I don't know what else will... goodluck

By Robert L.

Freelancer.com focused on employer only, they just want as many employer and project as they can regardless of their country, verification status and deposits. However all the restriction is for employee. This is the reason Freelancer didn't stop them to post project without deposit. almost 90% projects are fake (either posted by freelancer itself or fake/fraud employers). You have to be careful. keep following things in mind will prevent you from fraud much. 1. Don't work for Employers from India/Bangladesh/Sri Lanka/Nigeria/Israel 2. Don't work for Employers whose name looks like Indian 3. Once the project is awarded to you, don't accept it unless the employer created initial milestone. Wait for at least 12 hours after milestone creation then accept it. 4. Ask for release step by step, don't work on next milestone unless previous is not released 5. Withdraw money from freelancer as fast as you can.

By Dodo B.

Its a real website, however crumby! - However, The workers or freelancers there are... - A Breeding ground frenzy of scammers! Almost set up to facilitate them or make it super easy to get scammed and ripped off and no way to get money back - resolution department - You would rather just let the money go, because you won't get it back anyway - just more trouble trying to! STAY AWAY FROM FREELANCER.COM I lost $1500 and was able to get back all but $500 but cost me $5000 in time and trouble! Just go to UPwork.com. much better, logs, timesheet, screenshots of work AND i'm making progress leaps and bounds over Freelancer.com.

By ian p.

Hi Dejan. This happened to me in 2014, I lost a lot of money too, I withdrew the money on a Wednesday after the client had paid me $1000 in full. Then the next day, Thursday, I got a message that my withdrawal request was cancelled and the money reversed back to employer. My account was suspended and when I asked why, I was told that the employer looked like he was fraudulent and that the money might be fraud. Up to date, I am still bitter, angry and sad over that $1000 but I never got it back and Freelancer closed the person's account and that was that. So I hope this answers some of your questions and I am deeply sorry for your loss after such hard work. All the best

By Pre G.
I had hired a freelancer to Design a logo for my company. I hired him and had to pay him ₹1500($25 approx). I selected the payment method as Paypal which was accepted on their website, a receipt was generated for ₹1500($25 approx) and I paid. After the payment was successful suddenly I realised that ₹100000($1534.80) were debited from my account instead of ₹1500($25 approx). I immediately emailed and chatted with the customer service of Freelancer and they said they will refund, but after 2 days had passed nothing happened. I again contacted them and they said that they have refunded the amount back to my Paypal account and even gave me a receipt for the refund. After another 2 days the balance dint show on my Paypal account, I again contacted Freelancer and they said that the fault is because of the Paypal service. I contacted Paypal and they said that no refund was initiated from Freelancer and if they do have refunded they(Freelancer) have to call Paypal and sort the matter. I told the incident to Freelancer and they then agreed that they had held up my payment and wont give it back until I called Paypal and tell them that I dont want a refund as it destroys the reputation of Freelancer and also makes 'matter complicated'. I called Paypal again letting them know that Freelancer wants to me close the dispute. Paypal strictly advised not to close the dispute as then refunding my money will be next to impossible. I have till now mailed Freelancer over 25 times and every time they blackmail me by saying closed the dispute and then we will see how much and when to refund. I gave them a warning that Ill go to court and still they dint agree, after I was adamant that I will not close the dispute and will move to court, they are now for over 4 days keep replying me the message saying that my case has been transferred to another department and I will hear from them within 48hours. Its been many days now and since the start I have been jumping from talking to their department to department (chat, refund, Verification, billing and more). Freelancer has now even limited my account and are threatening to block it and not refund the money at all. After searching on the net I found thousands of other similar cases where Freelancer debits money or doesnt refund the left balance of a customer back to them. Freelancer even agreed to the mistake of by fault debiting $1500 instead of ₹1500, but isnt refunding. Iam a very small man compared to this billion dollar company and I dont know what to do. These guys dont have any phone number\email of management\Address in my country. Please help me, I can provide with any proof you like. I even have saved all the chats and emails. Thank You Varun Anand

Dispute it with PayPal! Another beautiful example of why everyone hates Freelancer.

By Lydia P.

I would advise you against giving your credit card details. Freelancer is prone to setting up automatic recurring charges without giving you a clear heads up and lots of users have complained of getting automatically deducted for awarded projects even if you haven't been paid for the project yet. Their customer service is shady as heck too.

By Meg M.

Contact Paypal and file a dispute. I got a refund for the monthly amount that they should not have charged me for.

By Shannon M.

Good afternoon Rostyslav, unfortunately this has happened to most users of Freelancer including people who have been awarded projects. Ensure that you do not start any work or event accept a project until the following criteria have been met: 1. Project awarded 2. Initial milestone/deposit created 3. Client agrees to release the first payment immediately after you accepting the project. If they are unable to do this, tell then politely that you are unwilling to start on the project and keep looking for honest, legitimate clients. Be careful at all time on this website, even if you do vey thing by the book and the client still doesn't pay, the Freelancer support team will not help you. It is left to you to contact the client and chase the payment even of they delete their account.

By Adam R.

Freelancer is scam. I have very bad experience recently. "The payments you've received from your employer "-----------" were reversed due to their account issues. As a result, their account was closed" Lost over 800$. Freelancer also keep the fee for this job !!! Their support never answer. SCAM

By Antonis S.

Don't share you card. Use Paypal.. First of all don't use freelancer they are scammers.

By Talha H.
Questions? Get answers from the Freelancer staff and other customers.

Freelancer?