Review of Freelancer

Pyrmont, New South Wales 2009, Australia
support@freelancer.com

johnj718
10/22/18

I am very happy Stephanie M. did a very good job for me when I thought i won't get my money back she help me. thanks very much

tolaa3
10/22/18

I made a mistake and they (Mason) were kind and understanding about it. They were able to make an exception for me. Great stuff, really.

lazarj
10/22/18

Charlotte was very professional and helpful, she assisted me very fast and answered all my questions quickly and professionally, great work !

On a side not thought, I did wait a bit longer to get an agent but it's understandable, it's Monday...

kelvinm56
10/22/18

The support staff was very kind and determined to help me out. I appreciate Marina B. for the support. Thank You

sparximers
10/22/18

Jade D. was great help, he answered my questions and left no doubts :)
thanks for being professional!

victore36
10/22/18

My experience was wow and Troy C made it a memorable one. Making me understand freelancer better and how to cautious before accepting projects.

babulalc
10/22/18

I am happy with customer support. Great service.
They explain by great way. I like it. Thank you so much for providing great service.

Thanks

abdullaha129
10/22/18

It was so helpful and satisfying. Agent have addressed my all quires and responded well. At end I have got my issues resolved

crisandrar
10/22/18

Betty, helped me thoroughly and made me feel informed. I was having trouble with an employer and I felt it was a scam and she helped to uncover that fact.

zachr30
10/22/18

Carmen A helped me through a stressful moment caused by an inconsiderate employer who cancelled an awarded project right after I accepted it, which had resulted in the deduction of $25 from my balance.

Carmen kindly explained that the project fees are non-refundable but offered nonetheless to refund them as Bonus Balance to use on Freelancer.. and it was such a relief that I almost got emotional!

Thank you again Carmen, you are amazing!

nawaza2
10/22/18

I just contacted freelancer.co online support and I got connected with Carmen A. I shared my concern regarding a refund and I got really prompt support to entertain my concern. Carmen A was really supportive and I really appreciate all the help and positivity I experienced during thew chat session. Thanks a lot Carmen for your support

kennethm237
10/22/18

Thanks for your help.im create a dupplicated Milestone paymant because the total is 25 but we agreed with the price of 12.50

arevikd
10/22/18

I had confusion with the trial of the Plus Membership which was unexpectedly fast resolved in my favour, which was a really nice surprise.
Thank you Claudia B.!

ofeliah
10/22/18

I am very happy with my experience with freelancers support team. They got down to the bottom of all my complaints and issues. Carmen A General Support was very knowledgeable and professional with me. I will continue to work with freelancers.com.

jasonk246
10/22/18

Just want to query the bid points I am supposed to receive after signing up the free trial (1 month )

syedb5
10/22/18

Great support my money will be back within 5 days I will confirm with the bank and will get back to this chat again

carlosr154
10/22/18

got to the support chat with an issue, and got it solved right away by Katie R.... hope i get same agent everytime i need help

katiek110
10/22/18

great freelancer assistant helped my completely as per my profile identification issue i was facing through submitting my docs but still did not get approval form identification center

stephaniem410
10/22/18

the guy was very good , speak very beautifully . thanks for solving my problem once again......................................

erica160
10/22/18

I needed to authenticate my card. My bank charged me in local currency but the system required me to enter the bill in USD. Then go in touch through the chat in easy steps. It was fantastic chatting. My issue was resolved within minutes after providing proof of the transaction. Great communication. I did not have to wait for hours.

cherelr
10/22/18

The Customer Support of freelancer.com is always readily available to help me solve my (fund withdrawal) concerns. The agents (like Katie R.) are very patient and kind. Solutions to my corncerns are prompt.

jasons613
10/21/18

Lyndon was very poilet and resolved my issue instantly. I believe he is one of the best customer service person to ever resolve an issue for me.

jihads
10/21/18

He was very helpful. He helped me to do my project in perfect way. I was not able to make this project.

haseebe
10/21/18

thanks so much, Josie G I appreciate chatting with you I wish to connect with you again.......................

rohtashk

in my experience

the website took time to respond but the help provided was worth the wait.

Katie R.

she helped a lot was polite, quick, and responsive.

she had replied to each of my query with patience.

thanks a lot team

71 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Many people buy on Freelancer and they want to know if they have a system in place for refunds...

I'm a victim myself. I already stop using this more than a year ago. I'm surprised that the complains reach thousand plus and still counting... if that doesn't satisfy you I don't know what else will... goodluck

By Robert L.

Freelancer.com focused on employer only, they just want as many employer and project as they can regardless of their country, verification status and deposits. However all the restriction is for employee. This is the reason Freelancer didn't stop them to post project without deposit. almost 90% projects are fake (either posted by freelancer itself or fake/fraud employers). You have to be careful. keep following things in mind will prevent you from fraud much. 1. Don't work for Employers from India/Bangladesh/Sri Lanka/Nigeria/Israel 2. Don't work for Employers whose name looks like Indian 3. Once the project is awarded to you, don't accept it unless the employer created initial milestone. Wait for at least 12 hours after milestone creation then accept it. 4. Ask for release step by step, don't work on next milestone unless previous is not released 5. Withdraw money from freelancer as fast as you can.

By Dodo B.

Its a real website, however crumby! - However, The workers or freelancers there are... - A Breeding ground frenzy of scammers! Almost set up to facilitate them or make it super easy to get scammed and ripped off and no way to get money back - resolution department - You would rather just let the money go, because you won't get it back anyway - just more trouble trying to! STAY AWAY FROM FREELANCER.COM I lost $1500 and was able to get back all but $500 but cost me $5000 in time and trouble! Just go to UPwork.com. much better, logs, timesheet, screenshots of work AND i'm making progress leaps and bounds over Freelancer.com.

By ian p.

Hi Dejan. This happened to me in 2014, I lost a lot of money too, I withdrew the money on a Wednesday after the client had paid me $1000 in full. Then the next day, Thursday, I got a message that my withdrawal request was cancelled and the money reversed back to employer. My account was suspended and when I asked why, I was told that the employer looked like he was fraudulent and that the money might be fraud. Up to date, I am still bitter, angry and sad over that $1000 but I never got it back and Freelancer closed the person's account and that was that. So I hope this answers some of your questions and I am deeply sorry for your loss after such hard work. All the best

By Pre G.
I had hired a freelancer to Design a logo for my company. I hired him and had to pay him ₹1500($25 approx). I selected the payment method as Paypal which was accepted on their website, a receipt was generated for ₹1500($25 approx) and I paid. After the payment was successful suddenly I realised that ₹100000($1534.80) were debited from my account instead of ₹1500($25 approx). I immediately emailed and chatted with the customer service of Freelancer and they said they will refund, but after 2 days had passed nothing happened. I again contacted them and they said that they have refunded the amount back to my Paypal account and even gave me a receipt for the refund. After another 2 days the balance dint show on my Paypal account, I again contacted Freelancer and they said that the fault is because of the Paypal service. I contacted Paypal and they said that no refund was initiated from Freelancer and if they do have refunded they(Freelancer) have to call Paypal and sort the matter. I told the incident to Freelancer and they then agreed that they had held up my payment and wont give it back until I called Paypal and tell them that I dont want a refund as it destroys the reputation of Freelancer and also makes 'matter complicated'. I called Paypal again letting them know that Freelancer wants to me close the dispute. Paypal strictly advised not to close the dispute as then refunding my money will be next to impossible. I have till now mailed Freelancer over 25 times and every time they blackmail me by saying closed the dispute and then we will see how much and when to refund. I gave them a warning that Ill go to court and still they dint agree, after I was adamant that I will not close the dispute and will move to court, they are now for over 4 days keep replying me the message saying that my case has been transferred to another department and I will hear from them within 48hours. Its been many days now and since the start I have been jumping from talking to their department to department (chat, refund, Verification, billing and more). Freelancer has now even limited my account and are threatening to block it and not refund the money at all. After searching on the net I found thousands of other similar cases where Freelancer debits money or doesnt refund the left balance of a customer back to them. Freelancer even agreed to the mistake of by fault debiting $1500 instead of ₹1500, but isnt refunding. Iam a very small man compared to this billion dollar company and I dont know what to do. These guys dont have any phone number\email of management\Address in my country. Please help me, I can provide with any proof you like. I even have saved all the chats and emails. Thank You Varun Anand

Dispute it with PayPal! Another beautiful example of why everyone hates Freelancer.

By Lydia P.

I would advise you against giving your credit card details. Freelancer is prone to setting up automatic recurring charges without giving you a clear heads up and lots of users have complained of getting automatically deducted for awarded projects even if you haven't been paid for the project yet. Their customer service is shady as heck too.

By Meg M.

Contact Paypal and file a dispute. I got a refund for the monthly amount that they should not have charged me for.

By Shannon M.

Good afternoon Rostyslav, unfortunately this has happened to most users of Freelancer including people who have been awarded projects. Ensure that you do not start any work or event accept a project until the following criteria have been met: 1. Project awarded 2. Initial milestone/deposit created 3. Client agrees to release the first payment immediately after you accepting the project. If they are unable to do this, tell then politely that you are unwilling to start on the project and keep looking for honest, legitimate clients. Be careful at all time on this website, even if you do vey thing by the book and the client still doesn't pay, the Freelancer support team will not help you. It is left to you to contact the client and chase the payment even of they delete their account.

By Adam R.

Freelancer is scam. I have very bad experience recently. "The payments you've received from your employer "-----------" were reversed due to their account issues. As a result, their account was closed" Lost over 800$. Freelancer also keep the fee for this job !!! Their support never answer. SCAM

By Antonis S.

Don't share you card. Use Paypal.. First of all don't use freelancer they are scammers.

By Talha H.
Questions? Get answers from the Freelancer staff and other customers.

Freelancer?