Review of Freelancer

Pyrmont, New South Wales 2009, Australia
support@freelancer.com

sunt13
12/14/17

Warning the website freelancer,com are not autralia website, is india website, and
1/ the support are very poor
2/ add hidden cost to checkout paypal without all details
3/ modifieds you project when ou miestone for cheat your money
4/ charge over commission show in rules.
5/ if freelancer you choice Cancel your project you have to paid fee !
We dont recommanded i Scam website made in India

luisg87
12/14/17

Gracias por la maravillosa atención que brindan con las operadoras. Atención inmediata
En especial Antoinette B.

tomh266
12/14/17

Very Good Information he Provided and Do Great Help. She is Nice, professional and patient.Big thanks to Kayla!

saibub
12/14/17

Very good, I was given a clarification on something I didn't understand. I'm really grateful for the help. Thank you.

kristyh19
12/14/17

Thank you for your efficiency and help, it so nice to have your support with great customer service.

shirleyu1
12/14/17

I accidentally upgraded to the next level, with a yearly account, but I meant to purchase a monthly account. Cyril revised it for me and promised the money would be back in my account within 24 hours or so.

rituraya
12/14/17

I got the answer of my question clearly and explained me what happened with my funds. She told me about how I have to ask for my milestone

mehdim20
12/14/17

I have tried many sites, but freelancer.com beats them all by far especially with customer service. I will stick with them.

andreyd11
12/14/17

Kayla B the best support! She helped me so much, quick and politely.I am very grateful for that help

rkd1
12/14/17

I have some problem but Kayla B one of the helping supporter help me.
Best helping service.great help.
Thanks Kayla B.

mohamedm43
12/14/17

Support team is very helpful & they take care my issue until solving the problem for me & assist me good effort & thank you all & Special thanks to Kendra Galliènne

markh368
12/13/17

I recently used freelancer and had a difficult time connecting with one of the service providers and contacted customer service to help me locate them so I could hire them and they were of no help. If I was a member of freelancer, I would be very irritated with the effort they made to connect me to a ready and willing buyer. So horrible.

sergiou
12/13/17

created an additional (unnecessary) milestone by mistake, Anthony from Freelancer informed me about and helped to solved it immediately!

Great proactive support, wish all business would work like this!

nasrullahk1

"Very Good Information he Provided and Do Great Help" Highly recommended
Thanks Katie!
Regards
Nasrullah Khan CEO at CraftsVideo (Animtion Company)

amitj12
12/13/17

I am happy how they support with my issue,
I will be thankful to them
definitely 5+ rating for their support
Many Thanks

pallavip3
12/13/17

I had a chat with Kayla B. very professional in helping me on my issue, eager to resolve the issue and has a proactive approach. Thanks

srikanths2
12/12/17

Very nice, fast and easy to work out. Shown me solution and happy for that. Thanks for the support. Helped me on everything. It would be great if we have any contact number so that it will works even better.

gurkirpals
12/12/17

I had a chat with your 'Kayla B' Very supportive and eager to resolve my issue. Feeling totally satisfied the way my issue was handled by Kayla B. Was quite worried when started chat but now totally relaxed after the resolution of my issue by Kayla B.

stefanj14
12/12/17

Very polite and competent staff, I got all the help I needed and then some. They helped me look for a preferred freelancer, communicated with them, helped me evaluate my top pic, told me about some caveats, how the system works and well...i guess I could continue but that is part of it. This for 20 usd/month...well, take it!

ahmeda184
12/11/17

More than wonderful it is very very good
Name is : Benny
It's a really good example of customer service

jalili
12/11/17

I had many thoughts and plans while logging in to freelancer
Hoped i will get atleast one project in a month
but i got nothing and not so resourceful as per my experience
but the customer support was good mainly "Katie R"

jubayerr
12/11/17

I Tried To Post A Project But Failed, As It Was First Time For Me. I Contacted Support And Mr Crystal Helped Me To Open The Project Step By Step. I Posted Project And Mark My Sealed, Featured And Urgent With Free Of Charge. They Have Free Credit Shop Which I Used To Do All Things. Really Thanks To Crystal. He Is Really Awesome :)

syedu6
12/11/17

I had a problem about dispute and Brenda gives me a good solution about it which is efficient. thanks

usamas1
12/11/17

I am new on their platform and i am liking it. They have the best referal system. I mean you can pay 0% if you bring your own client to their platform! Isn't that great? no one else gives that!

joh15977
12/11/17

I didn't realise that signing up for a free trial would mean I would automatically be signed up for full membership and didn't notice the charges on my account as business has been so busy. I didn't use the account at all except for the first trial bid which was unsuccessful. Kayla B was so helpful and polite. My fees are now being refunded. Thank you so much for the quick and painless refund.

75 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I'm a victim myself. I already stop using this more than a year ago. I'm surprised that the complains reach thousand plus and still counting... if that doesn't satisfy you I don't know what else will... goodluck

By Robert L.

Its a real website, however crumby! - However, The workers or freelancers there are... - A Breeding ground frenzy of scammers! Almost set up to facilitate them or make it super easy to get scammed and ripped off and no way to get money back - resolution department - You would rather just let the money go, because you won't get it back anyway - just more trouble trying to! STAY AWAY FROM FREELANCER.COM I lost $1500 and was able to get back all but $500 but cost me $5000 in time and trouble! Just go to UPwork.com. much better, logs, timesheet, screenshots of work AND i'm making progress leaps and bounds over Freelancer.com.

By ian p.

I would advise you against giving your credit card details. Freelancer is prone to setting up automatic recurring charges without giving you a clear heads up and lots of users have complained of getting automatically deducted for awarded projects even if you haven't been paid for the project yet. Their customer service is shady as heck too.

By Meg M.

Freelancer is a scamming operation, not a legitimate platform. They steal from the vulnerable . Run away from them.

By Elaine K.

Hi Dejan. This happened to me in 2014, I lost a lot of money too, I withdrew the money on a Wednesday after the client had paid me $1000 in full. Then the next day, Thursday, I got a message that my withdrawal request was cancelled and the money reversed back to employer. My account was suspended and when I asked why, I was told that the employer looked like he was fraudulent and that the money might be fraud. Up to date, I am still bitter, angry and sad over that $1000 but I never got it back and Freelancer closed the person's account and that was that. So I hope this answers some of your questions and I am deeply sorry for your loss after such hard work. All the best

By Pre G.

Good afternoon Rostyslav, unfortunately this has happened to most users of Freelancer including people who have been awarded projects. Ensure that you do not start any work or event accept a project until the following criteria have been met: 1. Project awarded 2. Initial milestone/deposit created 3. Client agrees to release the first payment immediately after you accepting the project. If they are unable to do this, tell then politely that you are unwilling to start on the project and keep looking for honest, legitimate clients. Be careful at all time on this website, even if you do vey thing by the book and the client still doesn't pay, the Freelancer support team will not help you. It is left to you to contact the client and chase the payment even of they delete their account.

By Adam R.

Freelancer is scam. I have very bad experience recently. "The payments you've received from your employer "-----------" were reversed due to their account issues. As a result, their account was closed" Lost over 800$. Freelancer also keep the fee for this job !!! Their support never answer. SCAM

By Antonis S.
I had hired a freelancer to Design a logo for my company. I hired him and had to pay him ₹1500($25 approx). I selected the payment method as Paypal which was accepted on their website, a receipt was generated for ₹1500($25 approx) and I paid. After the payment was successful suddenly I realised that ₹100000($1534.80) were debited from my account instead of ₹1500($25 approx). I immediately emailed and chatted with the customer service of Freelancer and they said they will refund, but after 2 days had passed nothing happened. I again contacted them and they said that they have refunded the amount back to my Paypal account and even gave me a receipt for the refund. After another 2 days the balance dint show on my Paypal account, I again contacted Freelancer and they said that the fault is because of the Paypal service. I contacted Paypal and they said that no refund was initiated from Freelancer and if they do have refunded they(Freelancer) have to call Paypal and sort the matter. I told the incident to Freelancer and they then agreed that they had held up my payment and wont give it back until I called Paypal and tell them that I dont want a refund as it destroys the reputation of Freelancer and also makes 'matter complicated'. I called Paypal again letting them know that Freelancer wants to me close the dispute. Paypal strictly advised not to close the dispute as then refunding my money will be next to impossible. I have till now mailed Freelancer over 25 times and every time they blackmail me by saying closed the dispute and then we will see how much and when to refund. I gave them a warning that Ill go to court and still they dint agree, after I was adamant that I will not close the dispute and will move to court, they are now for over 4 days keep replying me the message saying that my case has been transferred to another department and I will hear from them within 48hours. Its been many days now and since the start I have been jumping from talking to their department to department (chat, refund, Verification, billing and more). Freelancer has now even limited my account and are threatening to block it and not refund the money at all. After searching on the net I found thousands of other similar cases where Freelancer debits money or doesnt refund the left balance of a customer back to them. Freelancer even agreed to the mistake of by fault debiting $1500 instead of ₹1500, but isnt refunding. Iam a very small man compared to this billion dollar company and I dont know what to do. These guys dont have any phone number\email of management\Address in my country. Please help me, I can provide with any proof you like. I even have saved all the chats and emails. Thank You Varun Anand

Dispute it with PayPal! Another beautiful example of why everyone hates Freelancer.

By Lydia P.

Don't share you card. Use Paypal.. First of all don't use freelancer they are scammers.

By Talha H.

Contact Paypal and file a dispute. I got a refund for the monthly amount that they should not have charged me for.

By Shannon M.
Questions? Get answers from the Freelancer staff and other customers.

133 Photos for Freelancer