Review of Freelancer

support@freelancer.com
2018 Customer choice award

zajjithv
3/20/19

Nice and friendly experience!!! She understand my situation and gave me a good solutions for my problem. Highly Recommended!!!

thangap2
3/19/19

Frieda S solved my issue in minutes i really appreciate the efoort and time he/she took Thanks a lot

adnana32
3/19/19

she was able to understand each and everything in proper manner. i hope freelancer.com will implement some changes that are very essential for healthy community.

mohammadn19
3/19/19

Great experience with! Recommendations!!! Extremely helpful customer service! Thank you very much again.

elec4
3/19/19

she was really helpful and polite,
and she help me with all the links and information about the plans.

nohemis
3/18/19

I am new at freelancer.com and Oscar cleared all my doubts immediately. As well, he shared useful links to be better informed and avoid any problem as a new user.
Thanks so much!

jamesw1023
3/18/19

After seeking assistance from support staff regarding a request to communicate outside of the confines of the website, I was given very quick and prompt support. I wish all customer service support teams acted with such efficiency. Moreover, I was given information to help ensure that I acclimated thoroughly to the platform, and was given instruction on how to follow up in the event that this was necessary.

pawanj6
3/17/19

Best support by him.. thanks again. Greate support given by them......amount issue with the fake freelancer.. but they give a best support by them. And resolve the issue.

huascarm
3/17/19

I asked to help me with a scameer employer, and He understood the problem very good, and he helped me

markm1163
3/17/19

Well, it was my fault because i had forgot to cancel my free trial. The support team did not even put me into alot of trouble and just asked for my personal info. It was fast and i got back my refund. Thanks sir Sean R.

rachaeld37
3/17/19

My experience was very pleasant. He or she took the matter very seriously and took care of the situation very efficiently.

xiongjiec
3/17/19

Hi. My name is XiongJie C.

Today I asked support team to solve my project fee problem.

Jessica B supported very well today.

I already checked to receive back project fee as bonus-usd type.

Thanks Jessica. again.

I will contact support team when I need any help.

Best regards.

dainzur
3/17/19

Hi! I found a lot of support with Oscar, he was accurate, helpful and supportive. Thanks you so much

sulir
3/17/19

I get really good help from Carmen A. when actually I felt very confused, she was patient and solved all my questions.

leep125
3/17/19

Carmen was super helpful and quick. A1. Couldn't have been any more helpful. No problems at all. Great service

devyanis
3/17/19

It was very prompt and up to the point. Very helpful indeed! Excellently handled by Mr. Jade. Really appreciate the efforts taken by him. Thank you so much

mohsins4
3/17/19

The support person replied me with the details of my questions very specifically. He have great attention and understanding of the clients and can get the person quickly and easily.

hengjunj
3/17/19

Katie is very good and kind assistance.
He is very patient and helped me to the end of my further request.
Thank you so much!

tarunk10
3/17/19

Jade D. helped me and resolved all the things what I was facing from last few days with my 2 employers, also he told me the best way how I can resolve the things my self if I face the same problem in future.

ericg292
3/17/19

Judith J. is very nice, very helpful, she explains well step by step , and immediately offers the best solution.

andresg44
3/17/19

Me ha dado la información que he requerido muy bien en el cual me ha dado la satisfacción al resolver mis dudas, la señorita Carmen

carlao18
3/17/19

Carmen A. was able to give me (in more than one occasion) a fast and precise solution for the questions I had at the time!

kristinam137
3/17/19

Jennifer M. Nice, fast, helpful, easy to understand. My problem was solved very fast and to my satisfaction. Thank you

ewuolaa
3/17/19

So pleased with the way it looks and fits! The lace, and train, and sleeves are so pretty! The quality & professionalism are appreciated. We will certainly order from LaLaMira again!.love it

sarah200
3/14/19

Thanks to Mason D, respectfully, it really took me some time and gave me some good tips, thank you for the support.

73 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Many people buy on Freelancer and they want to know if they have a system in place for refunds...

I'm a victim myself. I already stop using this more than a year ago. I'm surprised that the complains reach thousand plus and still counting... if that doesn't satisfy you I don't know what else will... goodluck

By Robert L.

Freelancer.com focused on employer only, they just want as many employer and project as they can regardless of their country, verification status and deposits. However all the restriction is for employee. This is the reason Freelancer didn't stop them to post project without deposit. almost 90% projects are fake (either posted by freelancer itself or fake/fraud employers). You have to be careful. keep following things in mind will prevent you from fraud much. 1. Don't work for Employers from India/Bangladesh/Sri Lanka/Nigeria/Israel 2. Don't work for Employers whose name looks like Indian 3. Once the project is awarded to you, don't accept it unless the employer created initial milestone. Wait for at least 12 hours after milestone creation then accept it. 4. Ask for release step by step, don't work on next milestone unless previous is not released 5. Withdraw money from freelancer as fast as you can.

By Dodo B.

Its a real website, however crumby! - However, The workers or freelancers there are... - A Breeding ground frenzy of scammers! Almost set up to facilitate them or make it super easy to get scammed and ripped off and no way to get money back - resolution department - You would rather just let the money go, because you won't get it back anyway - just more trouble trying to! STAY AWAY FROM FREELANCER.COM I lost $1500 and was able to get back all but $500 but cost me $5000 in time and trouble! Just go to UPwork.com. much better, logs, timesheet, screenshots of work AND i'm making progress leaps and bounds over Freelancer.com.

By ian p.

Hi Dejan. This happened to me in 2014, I lost a lot of money too, I withdrew the money on a Wednesday after the client had paid me $1000 in full. Then the next day, Thursday, I got a message that my withdrawal request was cancelled and the money reversed back to employer. My account was suspended and when I asked why, I was told that the employer looked like he was fraudulent and that the money might be fraud. Up to date, I am still bitter, angry and sad over that $1000 but I never got it back and Freelancer closed the person's account and that was that. So I hope this answers some of your questions and I am deeply sorry for your loss after such hard work. All the best

By Pre G.
I had hired a freelancer to Design a logo for my company. I hired him and had to pay him ₹1500($25 approx). I selected the payment method as Paypal which was accepted on their website, a receipt was generated for ₹1500($25 approx) and I paid. After the payment was successful suddenly I realised that ₹100000($1534.80) were debited from my account instead of ₹1500($25 approx). I immediately emailed and chatted with the customer service of Freelancer and they said they will refund, but after 2 days had passed nothing happened. I again contacted them and they said that they have refunded the amount back to my Paypal account and even gave me a receipt for the refund. After another 2 days the balance dint show on my Paypal account, I again contacted Freelancer and they said that the fault is because of the Paypal service. I contacted Paypal and they said that no refund was initiated from Freelancer and if they do have refunded they(Freelancer) have to call Paypal and sort the matter. I told the incident to Freelancer and they then agreed that they had held up my payment and wont give it back until I called Paypal and tell them that I dont want a refund as it destroys the reputation of Freelancer and also makes 'matter complicated'. I called Paypal again letting them know that Freelancer wants to me close the dispute. Paypal strictly advised not to close the dispute as then refunding my money will be next to impossible. I have till now mailed Freelancer over 25 times and every time they blackmail me by saying closed the dispute and then we will see how much and when to refund. I gave them a warning that Ill go to court and still they dint agree, after I was adamant that I will not close the dispute and will move to court, they are now for over 4 days keep replying me the message saying that my case has been transferred to another department and I will hear from them within 48hours. Its been many days now and since the start I have been jumping from talking to their department to department (chat, refund, Verification, billing and more). Freelancer has now even limited my account and are threatening to block it and not refund the money at all. After searching on the net I found thousands of other similar cases where Freelancer debits money or doesnt refund the left balance of a customer back to them. Freelancer even agreed to the mistake of by fault debiting $1500 instead of ₹1500, but isnt refunding. Iam a very small man compared to this billion dollar company and I dont know what to do. These guys dont have any phone number\email of management\Address in my country. Please help me, I can provide with any proof you like. I even have saved all the chats and emails. Thank You Varun Anand

Dispute it with PayPal! Another beautiful example of why everyone hates Freelancer.

By Lydia P.

I would advise you against giving your credit card details. Freelancer is prone to setting up automatic recurring charges without giving you a clear heads up and lots of users have complained of getting automatically deducted for awarded projects even if you haven't been paid for the project yet. Their customer service is shady as heck too.

By Meg M.

Contact Paypal and file a dispute. I got a refund for the monthly amount that they should not have charged me for.

By Shannon M.

Good afternoon Rostyslav, unfortunately this has happened to most users of Freelancer including people who have been awarded projects. Ensure that you do not start any work or event accept a project until the following criteria have been met: 1. Project awarded 2. Initial milestone/deposit created 3. Client agrees to release the first payment immediately after you accepting the project. If they are unable to do this, tell then politely that you are unwilling to start on the project and keep looking for honest, legitimate clients. Be careful at all time on this website, even if you do vey thing by the book and the client still doesn't pay, the Freelancer support team will not help you. It is left to you to contact the client and chase the payment even of they delete their account.

By Adam R.

Freelancer is scam. I have very bad experience recently. "The payments you've received from your employer "-----------" were reversed due to their account issues. As a result, their account was closed" Lost over 800$. Freelancer also keep the fee for this job !!! Their support never answer. SCAM

By Antonis S.

Don't share you card. Use Paypal.. First of all don't use freelancer they are scammers.

By Talha H.
Questions? Get answers from the Freelancer staff and other customers.

Freelancer?