Review of Freelancer

support@freelancer.com
2018 Customer choice award

richardc736
1/22/19

Had some slight issues which were sorted out straight away by mark g (admin)
Great product and service.

deboraho55
1/22/19

Was charged and asked for a refund and they promised to do that. I am waiting patiently for the refund to reflect in my bank statement

minz6
min z.
1/22/19

Because wrong membership plan, I have been changed via paypal. So I contact freelancer customer service, the guy Kayla B helps to deal with my such case, and return to my fee within 24 hours. That is very nice.

perisw
1/22/19

excellent. The customer support is the best .polite keen and ready to help and i have really enjoyed the interacting with TROY .C

pb124
1/22/19

I am a first timer here, but it has been smooth so far, support has been good. Many useful features are missing which if added can add value to the site, e.g. ability to see only the shortlisted bids. Can see hidden, unrated etc, but not the shortlisted ones. There are many more... but overall a great site already!

sanjayp19
1/22/19

Suzanne was tremendously helpful and quick in understanding the issue as well. The solution provided were also quick and effective

saifeddinem
1/22/19

Josie G. was really helpful and got me fixed a wire transfer issue! Thank him and thank freelancer.com too.

sujeetk3
1/22/19

Freelancer support team is very much helpful, it was very much good experience, I can't tell in words how much they helped me.

sumaf
1/21/19

I am new to freelancer and i wanted to try some new projects. I chose one employer expressing my interest. the next thing I know i was into a chat on freelancer with this employer. he provided me his personal email address and he sent me all the details along with some payment I needed to make, which looked inappropriate. So I contacted customer support with Jade on the line. He helped me in tracing that project. It was marked as red flag. For a second, i thought i should make the payment. But as he traced the details with the help of the email address, he told me the account closed.

rogenep1
1/21/19

Jade D. is an awesome support rep, was able to help me and solve my concerns right away. she didn't take long to respond to my concerns and even gave me tips so that the problem won't happen again

mingyuel

Very nice and patient.
Prompt response and correct answer always.
Would be pleasure working in here.

Highly recommended.

mostafab3
1/21/19

Lyndon S. gave me a perfect service,
he helped me until I did all what I need.
He's a good person.
Thanks Freelancer.

victork81
1/21/19

I think, there are a lot of questions, which freelancer support facing. And surely, they are able to help with each one.

ifeanyid
1/21/19

Thanks Erwin for providing me a timely support in freelancer.com. The issue was addressed. You are one of the best.

mishak9
1/21/19

Despite of my weak english language level support helped me to solve my issue.
Thanks and have a nice day.

arashdeepk
1/21/19

I really have great experience with freelancer support. Everytime i contact them they help me with lots of different things regarding freelancer account. really appreciate. Thank you so much for your great help :)

abhishekj18
1/21/19

The employer was keeping on complaining again and again after a few months for an already completed task which leads my account to be restricted on the platform. I explained the situation to Carmen she had a look at the chat and understood the frustration I was going on in my morning. It took no time for her to resolve the issue and remove the restriction.

danielm756
1/21/19

Jade, was really helpful in conveying the matter i was having in a
courteous and understanding way.i felt like i was protected and understood.
Thanks Jade!

nachiketd
1/21/19

Freelancer resolved my issue quickly.
I am very happy for the support that they have provided.
Much obliged.

vishalc11
1/21/19

I received great help from a freelancer customer desk. it was really short and simple. I want to thank Michelle A. for helping me out.

mohameds78

Betty T.
really she helped me solve my problem
ty Betty T.
i'll go back again to chating with Betty T. if i have any problem
thx alot for all team FreeLancer

karicelym
1/20/19

The chat agent Lou, answered all my questions in a timely manner and resolved my issue, excelent service, I hope he gets a reward for that! :)

kuldeepn1
1/20/19

Thanks Michelle.I am waiting for dispute resolution.I hope Freelancer will check all detail and then take correct decision.

sotirt
1/20/19

Great communication and easy to follow conversation + steps for the solving of the issue. Thanks for the prompt resolution!

ratnag
1/19/19
• Updated review

Chat support team Noah sir best this is our first time converstaion regarding my doubts n he took time and helped me to send me proper information . Thanks for Live support always helpfull

“Eric S sir is very good in helping”
6/5/18
• Previous review

Regarding my problem eric sir took his time his precious time and willing to help me . thanks sir for your kind behavior

72 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Many people buy on Freelancer and they want to know if they have a system in place for refunds...

I'm a victim myself. I already stop using this more than a year ago. I'm surprised that the complains reach thousand plus and still counting... if that doesn't satisfy you I don't know what else will... goodluck

By Robert L.

Freelancer.com focused on employer only, they just want as many employer and project as they can regardless of their country, verification status and deposits. However all the restriction is for employee. This is the reason Freelancer didn't stop them to post project without deposit. almost 90% projects are fake (either posted by freelancer itself or fake/fraud employers). You have to be careful. keep following things in mind will prevent you from fraud much. 1. Don't work for Employers from India/Bangladesh/Sri Lanka/Nigeria/Israel 2. Don't work for Employers whose name looks like Indian 3. Once the project is awarded to you, don't accept it unless the employer created initial milestone. Wait for at least 12 hours after milestone creation then accept it. 4. Ask for release step by step, don't work on next milestone unless previous is not released 5. Withdraw money from freelancer as fast as you can.

By Dodo B.

Its a real website, however crumby! - However, The workers or freelancers there are... - A Breeding ground frenzy of scammers! Almost set up to facilitate them or make it super easy to get scammed and ripped off and no way to get money back - resolution department - You would rather just let the money go, because you won't get it back anyway - just more trouble trying to! STAY AWAY FROM FREELANCER.COM I lost $1500 and was able to get back all but $500 but cost me $5000 in time and trouble! Just go to UPwork.com. much better, logs, timesheet, screenshots of work AND i'm making progress leaps and bounds over Freelancer.com.

By ian p.

Hi Dejan. This happened to me in 2014, I lost a lot of money too, I withdrew the money on a Wednesday after the client had paid me $1000 in full. Then the next day, Thursday, I got a message that my withdrawal request was cancelled and the money reversed back to employer. My account was suspended and when I asked why, I was told that the employer looked like he was fraudulent and that the money might be fraud. Up to date, I am still bitter, angry and sad over that $1000 but I never got it back and Freelancer closed the person's account and that was that. So I hope this answers some of your questions and I am deeply sorry for your loss after such hard work. All the best

By Pre G.
I had hired a freelancer to Design a logo for my company. I hired him and had to pay him ₹1500($25 approx). I selected the payment method as Paypal which was accepted on their website, a receipt was generated for ₹1500($25 approx) and I paid. After the payment was successful suddenly I realised that ₹100000($1534.80) were debited from my account instead of ₹1500($25 approx). I immediately emailed and chatted with the customer service of Freelancer and they said they will refund, but after 2 days had passed nothing happened. I again contacted them and they said that they have refunded the amount back to my Paypal account and even gave me a receipt for the refund. After another 2 days the balance dint show on my Paypal account, I again contacted Freelancer and they said that the fault is because of the Paypal service. I contacted Paypal and they said that no refund was initiated from Freelancer and if they do have refunded they(Freelancer) have to call Paypal and sort the matter. I told the incident to Freelancer and they then agreed that they had held up my payment and wont give it back until I called Paypal and tell them that I dont want a refund as it destroys the reputation of Freelancer and also makes 'matter complicated'. I called Paypal again letting them know that Freelancer wants to me close the dispute. Paypal strictly advised not to close the dispute as then refunding my money will be next to impossible. I have till now mailed Freelancer over 25 times and every time they blackmail me by saying closed the dispute and then we will see how much and when to refund. I gave them a warning that Ill go to court and still they dint agree, after I was adamant that I will not close the dispute and will move to court, they are now for over 4 days keep replying me the message saying that my case has been transferred to another department and I will hear from them within 48hours. Its been many days now and since the start I have been jumping from talking to their department to department (chat, refund, Verification, billing and more). Freelancer has now even limited my account and are threatening to block it and not refund the money at all. After searching on the net I found thousands of other similar cases where Freelancer debits money or doesnt refund the left balance of a customer back to them. Freelancer even agreed to the mistake of by fault debiting $1500 instead of ₹1500, but isnt refunding. Iam a very small man compared to this billion dollar company and I dont know what to do. These guys dont have any phone number\email of management\Address in my country. Please help me, I can provide with any proof you like. I even have saved all the chats and emails. Thank You Varun Anand

Dispute it with PayPal! Another beautiful example of why everyone hates Freelancer.

By Lydia P.

I would advise you against giving your credit card details. Freelancer is prone to setting up automatic recurring charges without giving you a clear heads up and lots of users have complained of getting automatically deducted for awarded projects even if you haven't been paid for the project yet. Their customer service is shady as heck too.

By Meg M.

Contact Paypal and file a dispute. I got a refund for the monthly amount that they should not have charged me for.

By Shannon M.

Good afternoon Rostyslav, unfortunately this has happened to most users of Freelancer including people who have been awarded projects. Ensure that you do not start any work or event accept a project until the following criteria have been met: 1. Project awarded 2. Initial milestone/deposit created 3. Client agrees to release the first payment immediately after you accepting the project. If they are unable to do this, tell then politely that you are unwilling to start on the project and keep looking for honest, legitimate clients. Be careful at all time on this website, even if you do vey thing by the book and the client still doesn't pay, the Freelancer support team will not help you. It is left to you to contact the client and chase the payment even of they delete their account.

By Adam R.

Freelancer is scam. I have very bad experience recently. "The payments you've received from your employer "-----------" were reversed due to their account issues. As a result, their account was closed" Lost over 800$. Freelancer also keep the fee for this job !!! Their support never answer. SCAM

By Antonis S.

Don't share you card. Use Paypal.. First of all don't use freelancer they are scammers.

By Talha H.
Questions? Get answers from the Freelancer staff and other customers.

Freelancer?