Review of Etsy

Tel: +1-718-855-7955
2018 Customer choice award

williamd289
5/1/18

Standard shipping is 3-5 business days, its been 7 days. Who runs this company? I see yall follow 29 people with no followers. Im starting to see why no one follows you back. You $#*! up innocent people who spend their hard earned money on your website. Ridiculous.

shellis4
4/29/18

My fiance recently ordered a ring set that I had picked out from an Etsy shop called ""Zhedora." Over 2,900 (5) star reviews was the main reason I chose this particular Etsy shop. All their jewelry is claimed to be hand-made, which can take 3-4 weeks. On the day he was told the ring would ship out, he received an email stating my ring would not be ready for another 2-3 weeks because they were flying to Canada due to a death in the family. I understand things happen, but this was the day the ring was supposed to ship out, so why wasn't it ready yet? They offered a 10% discount for the ring, but would only apply the refund after the ring arrived. My fiance obliged rather than to cancel at that time. After over two months of waiting for my ring, I was so excited to finally put it on my finger. From a distance, it was beautiful, but on closer inspection there were very obvious flaws. The center stone was set crooked and a bit cloudy, and the ring was not stamped 18K, as they stated it would be. Within a day of wearing it, the center stone was so cloudy that I was embarrassed to show it off. Afraid of hurting my fiance's feelings, I didn't mention it, but was relieved when he noticed it. He then contacted the owner, who responded with, "did she get it wet?" Their page states, "All of our stones are incredibly tough and durable." Not to mention the fact that the care instructions say to wash them in warm soapy water. He argued back and forth at which point the owner wanted to call and explain their different stones and (at our cost) offer an upgraded stone for another $400.00. He then requested a refund,, which to our relief, they did not fight him on. I will give them credit for allowing us to return the ring, but I would NOT recommend buying jewelry from Zhedora.

taunac
4/25/18

What a waste of time. Will not be back for any reason! Shop owner lied about shipping twice! Took them 10 days to investigate the no show item, another 10 before I got my refund. Just don't do business with these people!

job262
4/24/18

So disappointed, thought I found another place to shop but EBAY and Amazon have no competition here. Cheap junk seller and ETSY does not honor their promise to refund if not "as described". Won't be back.

lamiae1
4/21/18

As a seller on Etsy, I really worked hard, and did my best to make my business successful on Etsy, I always got 5 stars from my customers. Now they closed my shop presuming that I sell commercial items. The items I sell are not commercial at all, they may look like other commercial items but quality are much different. Etsy use some tricks to close successful shops. I feel sorry for the way Etsy deal with their sellers.

katrinah45
4/18/18

I ordered the item a month ago still havent received it and I cant get no one to respond back to me about this I have sent several emails no response dont waste your time and money they suck

jennal49
4/17/18

I placed my order for Barney invites April 10th. About for days later I contacted the maker via email and asked when my order would be ready. At that time she said " will be sending via email shortly". Well shorty to me is like a few hours but here I am going on day 7 with no invites and two emails unanswered? The money has already been taken out of my bank account so I'm confused as to what's taking so long considering it's a digital file? I'm not a very happy camper as I still have to print out invites and send!

catherinew75
4/11/18

I have to say that I have no any issues so far purchasing on Etsy. I bought this product https://www.etsy.com/listing/89328163/secret-message-locket-pendant-brass-long?ref=finds_l for my mom last Monday. It is exactly as it looks on their product image on their site and I really love the quality and design. Will surely come back!

breeg5
4/5/18

I'm thankful for Etsy...I've been a shop owner for 4 years. It is very expensive to keep your shop. I've had a good experiences in the beginning selling and buying. With buying from shops with a couple items no reviews don't do it they might shut down. My shop open 4 years... has the best customer service and lately I feel like the customers are scammers. What's up with that? Customers should realize that we are solo most the time and do almost everything from start from finish and have reasonable completive prices beating out the big guys.
You have to be a good sells person to bring in customers at Etsy because almost everything is a custom order.
I'm defiantly looking to away from Etsy to make more money as its not cutting it lately. My advise is start here and work on another website platform so you don't get stuck like I have been. I'm looking into shopify and bigcartel but then again they don't help you with the marketing part like etsy. I'm just grateful for the orders we do get, and hopefully one day can just have the etsy site as a side gig.
Thanks for reading! :)

marions35
3/26/18

I have bought just beautiful items from a store on Etsy and wanted to share with you, have a look, the items arrived as promised and were extremely well presented, simply love these pieces

danc223
3/23/18

The most poorly handled transaction I have ever seen and make sure you all read the fine print very clearly because their return policy if you try to even see if the item works is there is no return policy. As I found out recently!! So now I have a $50 piece that will not adhere to the wall (when other pieces do) and neither Etsy nor single stone studios will stand behind their product. I would encourage you all to look elsewhere because these are very cheaply made and the owner is everybit as cheap.

mikeh398
3/23/18

bought boots from a merchant in brisbane australia (victoria is her name and is just as stupid as etsy customer service people) boots were not described properlyand could not wear them. return was ok, except they want me to pay for shipping, which would have cost me 70 dollars to return 114 dollar boots.6 weeks I dealt with the merchant and etsy . they never once said anything about my complaints about the return costs.this victoria just kept raving on about how no one has ever had a problem with her merchandise. etsy also ignored all my questions, always dancing around the only issue I had with them.In the end, etsy resolve team did absolutely nothing but waste 6 weeks of my time. I will never look at this site again. And beware of merchants from outside the USA. Nina H

lisan158
3/23/18

Be c̲a̲u̲t̲i̲o̲u̲s̲l̲y̲ ̲a̲d̲v̲i̲s̲e̲d̲ that Etsy is a den of forgers and thieves! The most wanted cyber criminals lurk in there, awaiting to rip off their next victim that could be you! Do not get fooled by Etsy's fake product pictures and fake positive reviews! Just like any other scam website, this one is also carefully designed to attract and deceive people! I fell a victim but you don't have to! Please share this review with your family and friends before it gets too late!

Tip for consumers: ETSY IS SYNONYMOUS TO SCAM! BEWARE AND INFORM OTHERS!

nojinp
3/19/18

Amazon had small # of options in artificial diamond. Then I found it on Etsy, made by EternalJewelryLV(in Nevada). I got relieved when I found the email telling 3-day delayed shipping. Finally, a post officer delivered it on the day told & I gladly signed on the device. Since my artificial ring got to me as what I ordered, again I thank.

Tip for consumers: This website offers ring size table. If you don't know the exact size of your ring though, first order $5 ring by guess for test...

richardc284
3/19/18

OK I have an Etsy store I make Pillows ,Its a Pillow store (..with me so far )
I make a maternity pillow its U shape that's all no reference to any other pillow ,like a name or Print, or what ever ..I get an email from etsy saying they removed my listing because of a copyright infringement WHAT !!!!!
ITS A PILLOW you can't copy write a pillow .unless lets say you had a pillow that look like a Disney product and so on ..This is a U shape Pillow ..there are thousands of U shape pillows ....So if you are going to put a store on etsy be careful don't spend a lot of money on it .. so don't make Lamps because someone will say they have a copyright on lamps ( I'm Being Funny ) I like to share this stuff I have several sites and it always amazes me the genius of the upstairs office and the rules they make and if you have an eBay store you will know what I mean ..thanks Richie C https://www.etsy.com/shop/pillowpillowandstuff

dianer63
3/19/18

Looking at different sellers SALES, it is obvious that some people are very successful. It is interesting to figure out why. Because they may not not always be items I might find cute or would rush to buy.
What are these sellers with high sales numbers doing differently in the way of marketing their items? Or is Etsy promoting certain sellers differently? I do know that when I tag my items I use every imaginable description I think someone searching for an item like mine might use.
My only complaint would be that sometimes it takes me pages and pages to find an item of mine. I do greeting cards and whimsical daughters birthday card or best friend birthday card or sons wedding card or whimsical Angel get well card seem pretty good tags & I rarely find anything of mine pop up on the first search. It may be because Etsy has so many more sellers now than when I first created my Etsy shop. Other than that, it is a very user easy place if you are looking for a place to try to start selling your items on line. It doesnt require a lot of start up $ and at .20 to list each item you cant really complain.

marya903
3/19/18

I was an Etsy merchant for about five years and worked my butt off to make my shop successful. But year after year, Etsy seemed to create policies that worked against the merchants, not for them. One was allowing all the Chinese junk companies into the fold, which would jam up the search pages with non-handmade items. Etsy's last move was changing the search engines by giving the top rankings to new merchants as a way to lure them in. Why? So that when their rankings began to drop they would advertise for higher placement. All of these merchant sites are now using this trick. What this means to the merchant is measly sales, but when a site like Etsy has millions upon millions of shops under its roof, those measly sales add up. Bad for you, great for them. Once again, women get exploited in the workplace. ( Ironically, Etsy is owned by a guy.) Don't fall for these sites ladies. Find another way to sell your goods.

louf12
3/16/18

Etsy is a business, but it is not run like a business. It is run like a bunch of right out of high school girls sitting in an office sniping at their customers and basically offering no actual customer support - either because they don't know their jobs, or the policies suck. Good luck if you have a problem. I had to spend an entire morning sorting out one transaction through them. I have also noticed that everybody copies other people's designs. A really bad site if you are an artist with original ideas. I will be taking my business elsewhere, HAPPILY!

peterh256
3/11/18

Furniture purchase from an Etsy seller called the WoodworkerUK
Nothing but a nightmare and Etsy are so unsupportive of customers backing their dubious sellers instead. This was a £928 transaction
The review I posted on Etsy says it all.
"Despite me providing exact measurements, this furniture arrived far too big for the space I had specified. I had been promised that the benches would slide under the table but they don't as they are the same length as the table. Bespoke? No not at all. To add to the issue both benches have significant lateral movement This has become by far the worst purchase I have made ever in my life. It was to be used for a unique family event at Easter and now that is ruined. The after sales support has been woeful with no replies for days now from Mr Jones - he doesn't seem to care."

leee53
3/9/18

I bought an order for 35 pounds and it never arrived at the address the seller shipped it to but Etsy refused to refund me because the seller had shipped the item. What kind of service gives the buyer absolutely no safety when their item does not arrive? Now I am 35 pounds out of pocket and etsy is stealing my money. I will never, ever buy from Etsy again. The shop name is miniaturecorner.

chrisc439
3/5/18

Not buying from Etsy anymore. Terrible experience with jeweler GioielleOliveri. Still no item but bucket loads of hassle and no support from Etsy's resolutions. Just not worth the hassle.

olgar12
3/5/18

In general I have no complaints but one. I've been buying from Etsy for some time and so far got one unresolved incident. The store name is AvesDesign and I bought some bralette which looks beautiful, delicate, and exactly what I was looking for. I bought a white one and even asked if they had black one available that I was interested. They sent me this bralette from he'll. Stretched, stained and far from be a-delicate-well-cut-sew-girl-thing. I wrote to them to never be answered and the cherry on the top... I can't find the store anymore. Can they block? Thieves.

shawnah1
2/28/18

I bought 50$ worth of jewelry and it never arrived. The seller would not respond at all to my issue with the missing package until forced to when I escalated the issue with Etsy. She immediately became nasty and accused me of trying to scam her though the tracking info shows the package never leaving the hub in New York. Because she was able to provide a picture of the package labeled to my address, Etsy says I'm out the money. Its their policy. Amazon and Ebay do not hold the buyer responsible for lost packages, Etsy does. My credit card company has already credited me and will back charge from Etsy. Etsy rules protect the seller and is the only one who does. The shop owner is virginie from BijouVintageMercerie. Also you cannot rely on the reviews for a given shop because Etsy often removes the ability for customers to leave a review when there has been an issue. SHADY.

garya67
2/21/18

I purchased a knife from some outfit called Uneekitemz.

After no notifications from him (the owner), and only after I made inquiries directly to him, did I finally receive the item. It was totally defective. I wrote to him demanding to return the item. I did get a refund along with a series of insults, personal threats, threats to my business and livelihood and unbelievable rudeness, crassness and vulgarity of the highest order.

I don't know how ESTY works. However, I will not allow myself to be treated in such a manner. This man engages in fraud and rudeness.

I am in the process of preparing to file complaints with the Attorney's General's Offices in New York and Oregon. I don't think I have ever encountered a more contemptible, disgusting, vile person ( and company such as ESTY) ) than I have with the gentleman who runs the store within ESTY.

Fraud, dishonesty and disgusting behavior are something the public should not have to put up with or tolerate.

I am going to inform every web site and review platform I can find and state the facts as they transpired. I would strongly suggest that whomever runs Esty do something about how they conduct business.

I see from the various reviews out there that many people have complained about ESTY. I hope they will do something to rectify this situation.

melissab209
2/12/18

Etsy is a great place to look for unique items that you cant find anywhere else, including customs and commissions. You will also find many vintage items and craft supplies as well. You can list your creations here for sale. It is a very user friendly interface. I have used both the website and the apps. I prefer the website itself. The seller app had a bug at the time I was trying to use it that caused a random picture to become the main item picture out of the photo group to upload. Then it wouldnt let me delete the photos without cancelling the post. There has been an update to the app since my last listing, so Im unsure at this time if that has been a corrected issue or not. Dont let that discourage you though. It is still a great app to use. You can track the traffic that visits your shop and your listings as well as how they came to your shop, ei. Facebook, web address, direct link, Instagram, etc.

914 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Check the reviews, and Google the seller. Also, are the reviews written in good english? Does it seem fake? Check pictures from the buyers.

By Johanna v.

I would have to say no, with LOTS of exceptions. In the past few years Etsy has allowed business to claim handmade if it meets certain criteria. I often see many items that claim to be handmade but I have seen them on Alibaba being sold in bulk. That being said I look very closely and have purchased some wonderfu items from great sellers. The biggest problem with Etsy is that they no longer protect customers from fraud (they say they are not liable) but in doing that lots and lots or resellers and counterfeit items have saturated Etsy' s marketplace. I would never buy anything "vintage" there. What I have seen you are getting thrift store rejects or modern fake. Buyer beware! Investigate all vendors carefully!!

By Tracy Q.

I am agree with Ramina. 90% is not hand made . all comes from Factories . when someone has over 8000's item don't you ask who made it . They are all over from Pakistan to turkey east to west up united state . Etsy is happy just to take your money and every 4 or 5 months closing one store to show off and if you have some money as a credit they take it too . no customer service , no respect no manor , they made policy just for FUN and they have FUN with our pocket . stay far from them FAR FAR.

By Behzad G.

I agree with Steve J on this one. A lot of sellers on Etsy work from home in the evenings for extra money. Most of them are not big businesses with massive inventories so I would give them the benefit of the doubt. Give them a little more time and if they dont send it out then file a case with etsy

By Peeved O.

Business checking isn't necessary (the banks now charge a monthly fee for a small business checking). You can pretty much set up a regular checking account

By A S.

If you do, I would be cautious about ordering from international sellers, use a credit card in case you need to contest the charges, and do NOT expect ETSY do a thing if you get ripped off. They are useless and could care less once the sale is final.

By jean w.

I am no sure why this would be the case. I have only paid through paypal and have never been asked personal financial information beyond paypal. It is odd that you have experienced this issue. What personal financial information have you been asked to divulge?

By Nancy M.

The best and quickest thing to do is to email the seller and let them know that you would like to return for a refund.

By Shirley M.

Yes, it certainly is. I've also been selling for many years, never had a problem. Using PayPal is great if you ever should have a problem, as you're protected in the event of theft. If you were hacked somehow would be the only way it would be a concern for me, so I am careful about using good passwords and changing them often (Etsy password) I would not worry about the safety of Etsy direct at all.

By Jodi H.

Read the reviews!

By Richyl H.
Questions? Get answers from the Etsy staff and other customers.

Etsy?