Amazon.ca

Amazon.ca has a consumer rating of 2.15 stars from 343 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Amazon.ca also ranks 18th among DVD sites. The most common issues with Amazon.ca are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 16.9%

No positive highlights yet

• Customer service says they will ensure it doesn't happen again..
  • I am lucky i even realized and saw the charge to my credit card.
How would you rate Amazon.ca?

“Easy to get a refund if the product does not suit you generally as advertised”

Melanie D.
1/10/20

I buy almost everything on there and I like the fact we never have to pay for returns. They ship fast, you have to do your homeworks and read the critics for the product you want but the chances of getting a good quality value is outstanding. I totally recommend but one has to do his homeworks to read reviews and buy from a source who sold many items like the one you're looking for.

“Account specialists are a joke”

Randy W.
2/29/20

If your account is hacked - good luck trying to sort it out with support - the front line cannot deal with "Account specialist" - who in my experience are inadequate, they cannot communicate and no one can contact these people. Never ever park a credit card on Amazon - delete it after every transaction. Wasted 18 phone calls and about 4 hours trying to do the proper thing and help fix the hack - next time I will just contact the credit card company and reject the charge.

customer service (77) credit card (25) delivery date (14) canada post (13) order (171) items (80) 2 days (9) product (83) 2 weeks (7) gift card (8) 3 days (9) time (128)
randyw30
February 29th, 2020
daveh593
June 25th, 2020
having several issues over the past week including a shipment that was not delivered and other issues I continued to ask for a Customer Service Rep / Mgr to speak to in Canada. This is impossible and all parties either live chat or on the phone refused to do or try to have someone call me. Instead again I wasted over 1 hour of my time and still frustrated!
sueellenp2
March 15th, 2020
I have been an amazon customerfor many years now, and there is one major issue thatkeeps popping up with EVERY order. Excessive waste in packaging and delivery!!!!
Items are always shipped in excessively large boxes and so called add on items are shipped seperately from the rest of your order. Last week i ordered a humidifier that was packaged in four (yes 4) nestled boxes and about 20 of those air filledbags.
In a time when we are supposed to bereducing waste, amazon goes out of their way to create excess.
GROSS
jc1139
June 4th, 2020
I have been shopping on Amazon for years and always pleasant experience until got scammed from a 3rd party seller by confusing product information,misleading me thought there were 10 box item in my order but seller only mailed me 1 box. Due to covid19, when I received my item, it could no longer be return anymore (already passed last return day) and seller refused to refund my money. I tried to email/call Amazon but there is no customer service at all.

If you're going to place an order from a 3rd party seller, please be careful.

Tip for consumers: Avoide ordering from a 3rd party seller.
Find a 3rd party seller with good reviews(by many users not only few)

kenb417
March 23rd, 2020
Before Amazon hired telecom to deliver packages, they had them delivered from people in the community which respected my request to receive a phone call once at the door so to tell them where to stash it out of view.
Telecom will not. Even before the pandemic they would drop it at the door and run.
Although I still feel the need to use Amazon out of convenience I will limit this to a minimum.
russellm311
April 17th, 2020
I used Amazon (Canada) for years with usually no problems, then since March I have had multiple amounts withdrawn from my account only to get notices that my payments have been declined and the product isn't being shipped! I've wrote emails to them and repeatedly tried to reach someone but because of covid 19 there is a lack of customer support and anyone really keeping an eye on transactions. Unfortunately our bank can only block future debits so needless to say I will never be shopping with Amazon again. We live in a remote community so online shopping is a necessity for us and our friends which Amazon will no longer be part of.
aprilm594
May 11th, 2020
Don't get your account hacked cause they won't help you at all. Its been over a week and I contacted them again and all I can get it "we are sending it to our high priority accounts department" no one ever contacts me back. You would think they would hurry up when someones account is in danger. Not impressed I am done with amazon.
mikep860
June 4th, 2020
I used to deal with eBay and when I had a problem with an item it was a night mare to get my money back. Now I only shop through amazon. This company stand beside their customer have an issue want to return no problem with amazon. this company is so great now I have family and friends shopping here. Thank you amazon and please don't change nothing its perfect
ramonr67
June 29th, 2020
I ordered a pack of 100 N95 masks that was supposed to be delivered by May 20 but it came on June 10, I wouldnt have had a problem if the package was just late, but aside from being 20 days late, it also came with only 10 masks out of the 100. It cost me about 23$. But I'm bothered because it could be only returned by May 30th, which would be impossible since the package arrived on June 10. And I wasn't able to contact amazon by phone, email, or customer service directly. I am very unsatisfied.

Ramon Ruiz.
kc471
May 26th, 2020
I ordered on May 14 and saw a delivery date by May 25. When I got the receipt it said delivery by Nov 26. Can you imagine Nov 26. Then on May 20 I get a message that it was shipped and got a Canada Post tracking. It is now May 26 and when I track Canada Post message is that the client made a electronic ticket but the post office hasn't received the package yet -6 days later. They have also put the charge to my credit card. I can't get in touch with them and am really dissatisfied
korkm
January 12th, 2020
Two weeks in a row they have misdirected our packages to other homes. One home owner was going to keep it, the other home owner called us and asked if we wanted our package. She advised us that they contact amazon.ca customer service and that they told her to keep our package. Dynamex and Intellcom are two of the worst shipping companies and yet Amazon insists on using them. We refunded the prime. May as well pay to have it shipped via Canada post and avoid their one or two day shipping which doesn't seem to be a good deal, especially if your packages are being misdirected. This is not just twice that this has happened, but after two weeks in a row we were fed up.
melanied111
January 10th, 2020
patricko184
June 17th, 2020
Amazon is a bunch of crooks I only say that for the simple fact that I ordered a screen a week ago and kn the day of delivery I get an email saying my item is cancelled, you charged my credit card a week so I was under the assumption and made plans for the item Wednesday june 17 2020. So I decided to go look up my items and they said they had no stock and wouldn't you know they have the item but they raise the price by $50 which in my opinion is completely unacceptable, I know I cant cripple amazon but I sure my experience with everyone.

This is the last time for amazon will rip me off.
drewl48
February 9th, 2020
Amazon has made my life waaay better I suffer severe social anxiety and going out and shopping is hard. Amazon literally had anything I ever needs. Only problem is delivering with Canada Post.
dwaynem81
June 3rd, 2020
I don't know what has changed or what has happened to Amazon since the new year but it is becoming almost impossible to deal with this company anymore for me. almost every order I place gets flag for suspicious activity. Account gets frozen with no help at all from their 'accounts help line'. There is no helpful customer service to speak of in this area and you are left stuck with no idea of why they think now, after I have spent thousands of dollars on their site in the past, these orders are anything but legitimate. it is to the point where it is not worth the time and frustration to shop on Amazon any longer. I know I won't.
ursulad8
March 15th, 2020
Ordered items that were to be delivered next day. 4 items and it looks like everything being sent separately. All items were ordered at the same time. Didn't realize till I read reviews that items come from China and repackaged in Canada. Very bad customer service.
annieb162
February 11th, 2020
The items i returned were refunded without any problems and quickly! When i have some questions for a order i also have a answer quickly
gregh449
December 29th, 2019
I ordered a lot of stuff! only a quarter of it came. my account is on hold and I am required to contact amazon.ca for instruction. when I call they don't have a clue band say an accounting department will contact me, which no one EVER does!!! so now I have no idea what's ordered and what's not!! This was t6he worst way to shop and EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING!!! a very bad experience shopping online!!! what a sham!!!!
mousew
January 27th, 2020
Here I'll take your money & not deliver your it's , or you also paid for next day shipping? Nah you don't get a thing

$#*! Amazon lol
charlotteb350
May 9th, 2020
I made an order and it was not delivered within 4 weeks so I contacted the seller who asked for another 2 weeks. I agreed. It still was not delivered. I asked for a refund as this was a birthday gift and I could not wait any longer. I was told by the third party seller that I would not receive a refund until I sent back their item and PAID THE SHIPPING MYSELF to do so! When I tried to contact Amazon, I got a No-Reply Email stating they would not be responding to me due to having less staff on, and offered me a bunch of links that could not help me.
Now I am out the money for my father's gift! I have no gift for him! I do not have the money to buy another gift for him! And they want me to dish out even more money to return the item I never got and probably will never see!
darlenes236
June 13th, 2020
Maybe if I write it enough they will get the hint. I cancelled my prime in February and they keep taking out the fee. Left several messages with no reply. Worse place ever. I even deleted my credit card number but somehow they keep taking it out.
michellep678
April 4th, 2020
I made an order... it was due in a month... I sent 2 messages to company asking why it hasn't even shipped yet .. zero response both times.. I left a review warning customers not to buy from YJ.GWL trust they are not a responsible company and they will not respond to any messages.. I stated not to buy from this company... simple as that..no profanity no drama ... Amazon refuses to post my review.. they don't care about their customers only their dollar. So whom ever is reading this... do not buy from YJ.GWL on Amazon.. they are frauds.
Shame on Amazon.
jeremyp34
May 17th, 2020
I placed an order for this item on April 30, 2020. I know there is a pandemic going on that slows down shipping and delivery. I got a guaranteed delivery date for May 12, then it got moved to May 15, then no delivery date. They said "we will email you when we have a delivery date". Someone said from amazon "check back within a week", I did and nothing. There was one more left in stock, then a couple days later item currently unavailable. Amazon said "were sorry it's out of stock" but I ordered one when they were in stock. I canceled the order after all that waiting. Getting my money back. Amazon is crap.
sylvs
May 25th, 2020
I was loyal amazon customer, until march 2020. Product didnt come, was told it was lost. I asked for a refund and neither amazon or the orginal shipping company will respond. Will think twice about ordering again from them
annav127
December 27th, 2019
I have been an Amazon Prime member for about 5/6 years now. 3rd party sellers should not be allowed at this business as Amazon does not take responsibility for them. There is a tab you can select to see only Prime products however this does not work as I'm still only seeing 3rd party sellers. It's getting harder and harder to see Amazons products. Like almost becoming obsolete. I use to like Amazon Prime but sadly it's gone downhill. I hope another company like Amazon opens up so I could switch. Pictures below shows seller advertising FREE SHIPPING the other shows its false and is trying to charge me $6.99 at checkout

Don't believe their delivery guarantee. They are late 4/10 times and are unremorseful for it

By Debbie f.