Review of Amazon.ca

410 Terry Avenue North
Seattle, WA 98109, US

brucel143
6/23/19

The best online site by far. Excellent customer service and return policy. I have bought alot of products most I would say are great. Selection is outstanding.

danilom10
6/22/19

Careful about ordering items eligible for prime delivery. Not true. Ordered a bike May 23 and finally delivered June 18. After I complained, they promised a $50 refund on my card, but later it was changed to gift certificate. That's how Bezos became the riches man on the planet.

merles26
6/2/19

PROTECT YOUR ACCOUNTS!!!!!!!! Do what ever you can to protect your Amazon Account because if you get hacked, Amazon could care less!!!!! Here is my experience:
-Account hacked
-$2000 gaming card purchased
-person who hacked my account forgot to change the shipping address before the item was shipped
-I received said item and this is when I learned my account was hacked (they changed my account password at the same time)
-I informed Amazon Customer Service
-They froze my account until an Account Specialist could look into the fraud
-Account Specialist can only receive info from Customer Service not the customer directly and only communicate with you via email
-I was informed that the charge to my account would stand and to take up the fraud with my Credit Card company
-Account unlocked
-I informed my Credit Card Company who were very sympathetic and helpful, they wiped the charge off of my card
-I RETURNED the fraudulently bought video card
-Amazon reimbursed me the shipping costs (Small point in their favour for this)
-2 MONTHS go by and then suddenly my account is locked again
-amazon.ca Account Specialists send an email stating it is locked because my credit card company will not pay them for the fraudulent purchase BUT THEY HAVE THE PRODUCT RETURNED TO THEM!!!!!!!
-3 emails have been sent by me to clarify that they are not out any money
-amazon.ca Account Specialists haven't bothered responding
-Contacted Customer Service to cancel my account (I have a Prime Account) and to ask for a refund for the month I have had the account locked
-Informed that they can't do that and he matter needs to be referred to an Account Specialist
COME ON AMAZON.CA - GET YOUR HEADS OUT OF YOUR ASSES - ME AND MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY OWE YOU NOTHING - have your Account Specialists accessible by phone and stop screwing your customers
-Informed that they can't cancel the account

peterm149
6/2/19

I have been an Amazon Prime member for years now and up until recently, everything was going really well. I have noticed a sudden change with their shipping performance. I am still a Prime member and placed a few orders using the offered "guaranteed next day delivery". Not only did the items not arrive the next day, but I was told by Amazon that they wont arrive for another 4 days! Lucky I did not have to pay for shipping, but I have to say I was shocked at this turn of events. I will take this as a warning to myself, not to buy essential products anymore from Amazon and to just drive to the store to ensure I get what I need, when I need it. Its really a sad situation and disappointing turn of events.

alanac14
5/29/19

Amazon has been a great experience so far. Items usually arrives on time. Many different items to choose from at different price points. But, sometimes the prices goes up and down in very short periods of time on the same item. Refunds are simple to do, if necessary.

francheskas
5/27/19

Amazon is a complete ripe off and becoming a prime member is worse. Your charged a yearly membership fee only for them to charge you more for every item that you purchase! I ordered a matress from them that has yet to be delivered and four days after calling continuously the Supervisor TELLS me that I refused MY order. Which was completely false. He finished off with an attitude as though I should not have been frustrated. Complete lack of regard for customers. I definitely will not a sucker for I'll treatment. Save yourself the headache and go to a store physically ,especially for expensive items.

haiqingz
5/20/19

I ordered two items of heating pads on May5,2019, I am supposed to get it on May13 according to the receipt, but so far nothing happened

investorsh
5/14/19

I am new, was new to Amazon,.Delivery in by 14 May ,as promised, did not happen. Tried to trace item ordered; One section of Website gave m,e an Order Number (wish I had recorded that), another section said I had not ordered anything in the last 6 months. As I said I WAS new to Amazon

abhyudayj
5/13/19

The product was delivered late to me after around 2 weeks even after being a prime member where it said two day shipping. Amazon deleted my previous review. This image explains what Amazon had to say about the delivery. They intentionally made their customer service as useless as possible so that they put all the profits in their pocket and the customers suffer. This will be my last purchase from Amazon!!

bobd165
4/27/19

Have ordered lots of Prime. Service is going down hill fast. They do not give good product descriptions and blame the poor info on suppliers. Do not resolve issues with products not working 100% properly. If you send in a review they will refuse if you they do not like.On meeting other online deals they say they meet but give gift certificates that can only be used on certain items. Spam out specials and when you go to place they have none left.. In short.. waste too much of my time...

paulg596
4/27/19

Ordered some roof rack crossbars from Amazon for my 2018 Toyota Rav4 . Had a trip to go on .Received these they did not fit so I called Amazon spoke to a customer service rep he could not be of any help as these came from a third party. I asked to speak to a supervisor was put on hold for 30 minutes and finally hung up. Called back then after talking with a rep she got me a supervisor so she said was put on hold again so I hung up. Received a call back from a supervisor so she said that could be of no help to me. This is my second purchase from Amazon.ca the first was another item for my car that broke in 10 seconds after I received it. Amazon.ca is.nuthing but garbage and will never again receive $1 dollar from my pocket. Their website is deceptive items are not at all what they are made out to be and any returns are nuthing but a complete hassle.If you want a complete exercise in frustration then go ahead and order from Amazon.if you want a place with customer service take the time to drive to a store that can actually at least have the possibility of providing you some good customer service. I am utterly and completely done with Amazon goodbye

ajits18
4/13/19

Amazon customer service guys literally don't know how to handoe any situation, there policues and way of talking is like harassing yourself, i do a lot of shopping from amazon india but here in canada they simply don't care once the parcel is given to the carrier even you paid to amazon, they just don't bother if your order arrived to you or not.

rachelf106
4/12/19

I've never used a delivery service or bought from somewhere so amazing. Seriously the customer service is like crazy good, even their phone system like is so handy. Idk how they could be better tbh

joyceg105
4/10/19

Wrong colour, poor quality, three of four towels same, one different. Amazon requested free shipping label from seller (original was return address I believe was in India, return postage required by me), after two follow-up e-mails by me to seller, they offered to credit me half of my costs and wanted me to remove the negative review. Amazon credited my visa the full amount under the A-Z protection.

maryl772
4/8/19

I have been a loyal customer for years with Amazon.ca and because I'm lucky enough to have a local warehouse I've always received any products fulfilled by the warehouse quickly. Order fulfillment has always been within 36 hours. I've foregone store trips cause I know I can get it within a few days if the warehouse has it. As of my last two order that I did this month...4 days and neither order is even fulfilled yet despite having stock on hand when the orders were placed. I called to voice my concern over my orders being held and was told it was because I requested free shipping. I've always used free shipping Then I was told it's becuase of the warehouse it's shipping from. It's the same warehouse I've always received my goods from. I told the girl she was being told bull$#*! by her peers cause neither issue is a valid reason. Based on what I'm seeing, it appears Amazon is holding back orders that are not Prime orders in order to make guests sign up that don't really require the service. If you don't sign up they hold back your orders from fulfillment so it doesn't ship to you to quickly. Sadly they have lost a customer but I guess that really doesn't matter to them cause they figure they have enough that one lost customer doesn't have an effect.

noritat
4/6/19

I brought different brand of Vitamin C serum, every time when I tried to put products review, it flash out "You have submitted the maximum number of reviews this week for non-Amazon Verified Purchases, but you can continue to submit reviews for Amazon Verified Purchases. You can submit reviews for non-Amazon Verified Purchases again next week, starting Sunday at 12:00am (GMT). For more details, visit our Customer Reviews Guidelines and About Amazon Verified Purchase Reviews." Why would people submit reviews for non-Amazon Purchases ?? It is not the first time, I brought another brand is the same thing, I let it go at first, no big deal, not to write product review.Now I brought the same brand again the second time, the same thing flash out and not allow me to write product review. I called Amazon.ca and they said they will get back to me, they never did, I called them again, asked for the manager to escalate the concern, then Amazon.com sent me an email saying that I am not allow to write review because I brought less than $50 during the pass six month, I called and blast them, I asked them WHY DID AMAZON.COM EVEN ANSWER ME, I AM TALKING TO AMAZON.CA, AND I BOUGHT OF COURSE MUCH MORE THAN $50, AND TOLD THEM TO HAVE THE PROPER DEPARTMENT OF AMAZON.CA TO ANSWER ME. Then I got an email saying that they remove my comments because certain person in my same household bought the product, said they do not allow bias comment and they remove both of our comments. I wrote them back and said this is the second time I bought the Vitamin C and I still not allow to write product review, I told them they are bias themselves, they favor some particular Vitamin C Serum seller, and not allow people to write products review on other vitamin C,serum. They also still did not answer my question ' WHAT DO THEY MEAN BY " YOU HAVE SUBMIT THE MAXIMUM NON-VERIFIED AMAZON REVIEW FOR THE WEEK, WHEN I NEVER WROTE ANY PRODUCT REVIEW IF I DID NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING. Theirs customer service is terrible, not knowing what they are doing, refuse to give you a proper answer for the question and just tried to shove you off !!!

kimberlyf106
4/3/19

So i ordered 2 items April 1st ... cancelled one item the same day as it was not compatible with what i needed. So they still took the money for the cancelled item yet are telling me it is my bank now that wont release the funds. My second item i ordered sat in limbo fron the first till now the 3rd i phoned again today and all i gir was o dont know why? So this item was to be delivered April 4th. I said cancel it lets reorder you pay the shipping costs. Pick 2 to 4 days delivery so 5th to 7th right? No no Monday the 8th is the soonest we can get it to you. Explain to me how i went from the 4th to 5 days? With a 2 to 4 day shipping. I will guarntee when i look they didnt pay for the shipping either. I will NEVER order from them again nor anywhere else on line .

subad
3/21/19

Amazon has very poor customer service. Someone fraud us using amazon name . Someone hacked amazon website and using it . We lost $1900 dollars. We report this issue to amazon few times and not even single action has been taken from them .
Everytime we call different cutomer service rep picks up the phone and we explain the situation each person from the begining . Its been few business days gone since the issue happened . Not even a single action has been taken by amazon . My intention is not only my money used by hackers by hacking amazon website but also l would like to save another innocent customer from loosing money . Please dont order anything from amazon . There is a chance this may happen to you too and amazon wont do anything about it .

heidis140
3/17/19

I noticed a charge on my credit card for 393.74 that I did not authorize. I called Amazon to report it. They told me some woman in Quebec bought a Nintendo using my card. NO SECURITY on their part. My bank advised me to have them remove my card information on my Amazon account which I did. The Amazon agent I spoke with said the transaction for $393.74 was still being processed so he would go ahead and stop the transaction. NEVER HAPPENED! The transaction went through anyways. I will not place anymore orders with Amazon as they cannot be trusted. In addition, they are wiping out jobs in smaller retail stores because people are shopping from home on the internet rather than going out to shop.

kathym140
3/11/19

Amazon is aweeesooome. They have good customer service and good products. Can be hit or miss
..fast delivery IF sold by amazon.

Ordered a parcel on monday...received next day. A+++++

karimb24
3/8/19

Sometimes it's just better to go to the store buy what you want and own it right now. Tried to save 15$ with amazon and again... delivery is delayed.

shikl
2/15/19

changed my email address withoout my permission. retail dept was helpful but the acct dept did not want to speak to me as to what to do.
I cancelled my credit card. open a new amazon acct, saw 2 email addresses one belongs to me.

shawnb168
2/6/19

I have abosolutly nothing bad to say about amazon..

whenever I have had a issue they have gone out of there way to make sure I was taken care of.. provided contact information email links etc, provided shipping and even offer to reimburse if the original seller refused.. and I am yet to have a issue with any of the sellers..

They have let me try amazon prime more than one for free.. I don't have wifi at my house so I can't really reek the benefit

As far as price goes I am already aware of a price before I start looking.. if your going in blind...well..

They provide me with answers when I had questions, ask questions from me for other people about product I have bought.. this I like..

I do live in remote area and shipping is shipping.. let's be honest once it's left the building it's kinda out of Amazon's hands as far as shipping goes.. and I'm betting they eat alot of shipping..

So many times I've gone out of my way to make sure I buy from the little guy and feed small business.. but at the same time the moment there's a problem .... it's your problem...

If your in retail customer service is everything

adamj181
1/30/19

I have been a Amazon Canada Prime member for years and the trend I see since recently is the quality of the stuff for sale. Within last two months I had to return two items because of their poor quality and the incorrect description.

To me it's very clear a whole bunch of sketchy eBay sellers are evading Amazon now with their crappy products sold at much higher prices.You can actually see this if you read the product description, incorrect and broken English - the same style you see on eBay.

And the shipping is another story, I'm a Prime member but I had to wait for 6 days to get some of the stuff delivered.

I started to shop at real brick and mortar stores dealing with real people, and I won't be renewing my prime membership this year.

colinb146
1/24/19

I needed two items by a certain date, Amazon tracking had the packages coming before that date, the shipper claimed to had tried to deliver the package before that date even though I was home the entire day the shipper claimed to had tried to deliver it. Then Amazon and the shipper claimed that the day Amazon had the package tracked to actually arrive is the one day it couldn't arrive, which was the day after the shipper claimed to had tried to deliver the order. Called Amazon customer service, which was all apologetic but could do nothing but try and shut me up with a $10 gift card. I returned the order because it won't make it in time, in 3-5 business days my credit card is suppose to be refunded and
I said they could keep their gift card. I would rather them realize that I am not satisfied with their incompetent service than have them thinking that $10 gift cards can make unsatisfied customers shut up.

3 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

You will be VERY happy. Have nothing but good experiences with them.

By Bruce L.

I've never had to pay duty on anything from Amazon.ca, even if it was shipped from another country.

By Chris L.

Used to be but appears they may be changing their policies which effects anyone using the free shipping. The warehouse is in Brampton.

By Mary L.

Happened to me. Just another sneaky way that Amazon operates. Welcome to the club.

By Danilo M.

Certainly unfair.

By Chris l.

Questions? Get answers from the Amazon.ca staff and other customers.

13 Photos for Amazon.ca