Review of Amazon.ca

410 Terry Avenue North
Seattle, WA 98109, US

ajits18
4/13/19

Amazon customer service guys literally don't know how to handoe any situation, there policues and way of talking is like harassing yourself, i do a lot of shopping from amazon india but here in canada they simply don't care once the parcel is given to the carrier even you paid to amazon, they just don't bother if your order arrived to you or not.

rachelf106
4/12/19

I've never used a delivery service or bought from somewhere so amazing. Seriously the customer service is like crazy good, even their phone system like is so handy. Idk how they could be better tbh

joyceg105
4/10/19

Wrong colour, poor quality, three of four towels same, one different. Amazon requested free shipping label from seller (original was return address I believe was in India, return postage required by me), after two follow-up e-mails by me to seller, they offered to credit me half of my costs and wanted me to remove the negative review. Amazon credited my visa the full amount under the A-Z protection.

maryl772
4/8/19

I have been a loyal customer for years with Amazon.ca and because I'm lucky enough to have a local warehouse I've always received any products fulfilled by the warehouse quickly. Order fulfillment has always been within 36 hours. I've foregone store trips cause I know I can get it within a few days if the warehouse has it. As of my last two order that I did this month...4 days and neither order is even fulfilled yet despite having stock on hand when the orders were placed. I called to voice my concern over my orders being held and was told it was because I requested free shipping. I've always used free shipping Then I was told it's becuase of the warehouse it's shipping from. It's the same warehouse I've always received my goods from. I told the girl she was being told bull$#*! by her peers cause neither issue is a valid reason. Based on what I'm seeing, it appears Amazon is holding back orders that are not Prime orders in order to make guests sign up that don't really require the service. If you don't sign up they hold back your orders from fulfillment so it doesn't ship to you to quickly. Sadly they have lost a customer but I guess that really doesn't matter to them cause they figure they have enough that one lost customer doesn't have an effect.

noritat
4/6/19

I brought different brand of Vitamin C serum, every time when I tried to put products review, it flash out "You have submitted the maximum number of reviews this week for non-Amazon Verified Purchases, but you can continue to submit reviews for Amazon Verified Purchases. You can submit reviews for non-Amazon Verified Purchases again next week, starting Sunday at 12:00am (GMT). For more details, visit our Customer Reviews Guidelines and About Amazon Verified Purchase Reviews." Why would people submit reviews for non-Amazon Purchases ?? It is not the first time, I brought another brand is the same thing, I let it go at first, no big deal, not to write product review.Now I brought the same brand again the second time, the same thing flash out and not allow me to write product review. I called Amazon.ca and they said they will get back to me, they never did, I called them again, asked for the manager to escalate the concern, then Amazon.com sent me an email saying that I am not allow to write review because I brought less than $50 during the pass six month, I called and blast them, I asked them WHY DID AMAZON.COM EVEN ANSWER ME, I AM TALKING TO AMAZON.CA, AND I BOUGHT OF COURSE MUCH MORE THAN $50, AND TOLD THEM TO HAVE THE PROPER DEPARTMENT OF AMAZON.CA TO ANSWER ME. Then I got an email saying that they remove my comments because certain person in my same household bought the product, said they do not allow bias comment and they remove both of our comments. I wrote them back and said this is the second time I bought the Vitamin C and I still not allow to write product review, I told them they are bias themselves, they favor some particular Vitamin C Serum seller, and not allow people to write products review on other vitamin C,serum. They also still did not answer my question ' WHAT DO THEY MEAN BY " YOU HAVE SUBMIT THE MAXIMUM NON-VERIFIED AMAZON REVIEW FOR THE WEEK, WHEN I NEVER WROTE ANY PRODUCT REVIEW IF I DID NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING. Theirs customer service is terrible, not knowing what they are doing, refuse to give you a proper answer for the question and just tried to shove you off !!!

kimberlyf106
4/3/19

So i ordered 2 items April 1st ... cancelled one item the same day as it was not compatible with what i needed. So they still took the money for the cancelled item yet are telling me it is my bank now that wont release the funds. My second item i ordered sat in limbo fron the first till now the 3rd i phoned again today and all i gir was o dont know why? So this item was to be delivered April 4th. I said cancel it lets reorder you pay the shipping costs. Pick 2 to 4 days delivery so 5th to 7th right? No no Monday the 8th is the soonest we can get it to you. Explain to me how i went from the 4th to 5 days? With a 2 to 4 day shipping. I will guarntee when i look they didnt pay for the shipping either. I will NEVER order from them again nor anywhere else on line .

subad
3/21/19

Amazon has very poor customer service. Someone fraud us using amazon name . Someone hacked amazon website and using it . We lost $1900 dollars. We report this issue to amazon few times and not even single action has been taken from them .
Everytime we call different cutomer service rep picks up the phone and we explain the situation each person from the begining . Its been few business days gone since the issue happened . Not even a single action has been taken by amazon . My intention is not only my money used by hackers by hacking amazon website but also l would like to save another innocent customer from loosing money . Please dont order anything from amazon . There is a chance this may happen to you too and amazon wont do anything about it .

heidis140
3/17/19

I noticed a charge on my credit card for 393.74 that I did not authorize. I called Amazon to report it. They told me some woman in Quebec bought a Nintendo using my card. NO SECURITY on their part. My bank advised me to have them remove my card information on my Amazon account which I did. The Amazon agent I spoke with said the transaction for $393.74 was still being processed so he would go ahead and stop the transaction. NEVER HAPPENED! The transaction went through anyways. I will not place anymore orders with Amazon as they cannot be trusted. In addition, they are wiping out jobs in smaller retail stores because people are shopping from home on the internet rather than going out to shop.

kathym140
3/11/19

Amazon is aweeesooome. They have good customer service and good products. Can be hit or miss
..fast delivery IF sold by amazon.

Ordered a parcel on monday...received next day. A+++++

karimb24
3/8/19

Sometimes it's just better to go to the store buy what you want and own it right now. Tried to save 15$ with amazon and again... delivery is delayed.

shikl
2/15/19

changed my email address withoout my permission. retail dept was helpful but the acct dept did not want to speak to me as to what to do.
I cancelled my credit card. open a new amazon acct, saw 2 email addresses one belongs to me.

shawnb168
2/6/19

I have abosolutly nothing bad to say about amazon..

whenever I have had a issue they have gone out of there way to make sure I was taken care of.. provided contact information email links etc, provided shipping and even offer to reimburse if the original seller refused.. and I am yet to have a issue with any of the sellers..

They have let me try amazon prime more than one for free.. I don't have wifi at my house so I can't really reek the benefit

As far as price goes I am already aware of a price before I start looking.. if your going in blind...well..

They provide me with answers when I had questions, ask questions from me for other people about product I have bought.. this I like..

I do live in remote area and shipping is shipping.. let's be honest once it's left the building it's kinda out of Amazon's hands as far as shipping goes.. and I'm betting they eat alot of shipping..

So many times I've gone out of my way to make sure I buy from the little guy and feed small business.. but at the same time the moment there's a problem .... it's your problem...

If your in retail customer service is everything

adamj181
1/30/19

I have been a Amazon Canada Prime member for years and the trend I see since recently is the quality of the stuff for sale. Within last two months I had to return two items because of their poor quality and the incorrect description.

To me it's very clear a whole bunch of sketchy eBay sellers are evading Amazon now with their crappy products sold at much higher prices.You can actually see this if you read the product description, incorrect and broken English - the same style you see on eBay.

And the shipping is another story, I'm a Prime member but I had to wait for 6 days to get some of the stuff delivered.

I started to shop at real brick and mortar stores dealing with real people, and I won't be renewing my prime membership this year.

colinb146
1/24/19

I needed two items by a certain date, Amazon tracking had the packages coming before that date, the shipper claimed to had tried to deliver the package before that date even though I was home the entire day the shipper claimed to had tried to deliver it. Then Amazon and the shipper claimed that the day Amazon had the package tracked to actually arrive is the one day it couldn't arrive, which was the day after the shipper claimed to had tried to deliver the order. Called Amazon customer service, which was all apologetic but could do nothing but try and shut me up with a $10 gift card. I returned the order because it won't make it in time, in 3-5 business days my credit card is suppose to be refunded and
I said they could keep their gift card. I would rather them realize that I am not satisfied with their incompetent service than have them thinking that $10 gift cards can make unsatisfied customers shut up.

anni10
1/21/19

Amazon use to be the good and cheapest now they are getting greedy.
Save your money and buy directly from the seller and skip Amazon all together!Pleas stop purchase form Amazon and support small business,

jeant81
1/19/19

The title says it all! I am not impressed. I never received my package then when I place a review saying nothing more than: "I never received my package." My comment alledgedly don't follow the guidelines... really?!

ivyc15
1/8/19

I did place the number 6 shoes on Dec 22, with Amazon.ca, I only need to pay $51.25 with tax, I got the shoes yesterday was number 8 on Dec 31, How come I call on Dec 31, the customer services did not tell me if I return the shoes, I will not get the replacement, I better to keep the shoes, you pay the good due, if you return, we will only get the refund $51.25, will not send the replacement I did mail back the shoes to them, they said did change to the other seller, we will not sent me new replacements, if I want to buy the same shoes, I need to pay $286.05 + Tax, I only can get the refund once I send the in-correct shoes back to them. I did return the shoes to you since Jan 1, they should got the shoes already, I did check your inventory, how come Amazon.ca did not get one size 8 show on line, I think did send to new seller already, so your company can sell to the new buyer more money, this is the way you do the business?, Unacceptable. Like a spam, Amazon.com, did take of my review, they only want to show the good review, the take off the bad one. Tell you need to follow their guidelines, no once know how to do, if you want their help, they said, you can check on line

pierrickd
1/5/19

A was advised by Occulus. So I purchased it, but I looked for more information just after to purchase it. The customers were saying that this product is not so good for the occulus rift.
Only 15 minutes, I tried to cancel it. I was no able to do it. I contacted just after the customer service. They tried, but they didn t success. They told me that that they will cancel the full order. I had just to contact the when the package would be shipped.
Unhappily I trusted them. I did another order with the right product, I also purchased again the other product. They told me that they will cancel the full package.

But the next day, I contacted them again, they were not able to cancel the package and they didn t give me the refund. Now, I am just pissed off.

Don t think, that you can cancel an order, it is not true. If I was purchasing this product in a physical store, I would have been able to take it back for free. With Amazon, you can t.

If it is possible to have your product for the same price in a physical shop, just do it, it is better.

jeanr130
12/29/18

I was looking for a book "the turtle way" the price in amazon Canada was 20.69$, but I pay Prime so I filter to see how much is using the servíce I paid annually and save the shipping cost, the price of the same book through amazon prime is 29.39$

tuulah
12/28/18

tried to order an msi video card from their site. My credit card was declined twice without a reason. There is absolutely nothing wrong with my card (used it afterward to purchase the item from another online vendor without any issues) Tried to use another card and got a new error this time restricting me to 0 of the items. I contacted their support and was told that this was a limited item and i could only purchase 1. since i had tried and couldnt due to some issue with my credit card (which definitely was on their end) the failed attempt counted as my one purchase and i was no longer able to buy it! WTH??? I took my purchase to newegg where i used the same credit card without any issues to purchase the item.
This is ridiculous! Terrible customer service!

seang121
12/27/18

Ordered item for xmas. Tracking showed item delivered to Purolator depot 1 hour drive from my house. Amazon rep apologized for it, even though this is the 2nd time this has happened and they told me they'd correct it. Drove an hour to pick it up ony to find out it was at a different location an hour and a half away this time. I drive an hour home .Amazon apologized again for innacurate information. Cancelled item .
I've been an Amazon customer for a long time. I've had no complaints until the last couple of years.

jeanb203
12/27/18

Amazon used to be awesome but last year service has been awful and customer service are a joke. Shipping times are ridiculous and trying to cancel an order is like pulling teeth now.

jonathonm38
12/23/18

I never been so disappointed, discouraged, and angry in all my years shopping at stores. It started 7 (and still going) days ago when we found out that my sons amazon account was locked/frozen after he purchased Christmas presents for his family with his hard earn money. I feel that we have been wasting our time on the phone just to get the run around as some employees like to brush off this issue off without giving any positive results.

martyb60
12/18/18

Be careful! looks like Amazon.ca allows international sellers to post with no obvious indication that they are international. You only find out when the delivery arrives and you get nailed for customs fees. Shame on Amazon for allowing this and Shame on Seller for not posting this info. Any honest sellers out there?? I'm happy to do honest business with them so they can profit and I can save.

nelr
12/13/18

Amazon is great. I ordered Moodeng Womens Snow Boots on Monday, Dec 10, 2018
and I got it 2 days later, Dec 12. Wow, it's super fast delivery considering it's Christmas season, busiest time of the year. And my boots is perfect, so soft inside and so comfy.
I love it. I ordered many things from Amazon.ca, Amazon.com, and Amazon.de and I never have an issue and so far this latest order is the fastest. :)

3 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I've never had to pay duty on anything from Amazon.ca, even if it was shipped from another country.

By Chris L.

Used to be but appears they may be changing their policies which effects anyone using the free shipping. The warehouse is in Brampton.

By Mary L.

I've had nothing but good experiences with Amazon.ca

By Chris L.

Certainly unfair.

By Chris l.

Questions? Get answers from the Amazon.ca staff and other customers.

10 Photos for Amazon.ca