Amazon CA

Amazon CA has a consumer rating of 2.09 stars from 390 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Amazon CA most frequently mention customer service, credit card and prime member problems. Amazon CA ranks 19th among DVD sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 7.9%

• I am always amazed at how customer service goes the "extra mile" for their customers and how cost justifiable it is.

• Update: He refunded 24,66$ on the wrong credit card.
  • Then I was 'guaranteed' a delivery date and 4 days later, still no delivery.
How would you rate Amazon CA?

“Easy to get a refund if the product does not suit you generally as advertised”

Melanie D.
1/10/20

I buy almost everything on there and I like the fact we never have to pay for returns. They ship fast, you have to do your homeworks and read the critics for the product you want but the chances of getting a good quality value is outstanding. I totally recommend but one has to do his homeworks to read reviews and buy from a source who sold many items like the one you're looking for.

“Account specialists are a joke”

Randy W.
2/29/20

If your account is hacked - good luck trying to sort it out with support - the front line cannot deal with "Account specialist" - who in my experience are inadequate, they cannot communicate and no one can contact these people. Never ever park a credit card on Amazon - delete it after every transaction. Wasted 18 phone calls and about 4 hours trying to do the proper thing and help fix the hack - next time I will just contact the credit card company and reject the charge.

credit card (27) delivery date (16) gift card (9) customer service (79) canada post (14)
randyw30
February 29th, 2020

bc191
September 11th, 2020

When I first signed up with Amazon, deals I could find where very reasonable. The last 2 years however I find after exchange and shipping costs the products on Amazon are 15 to 30% more. The independent sellers make a good profit pushing goods around on line. Amazons days are numbered now that most retailers sell on-line. Check with your Canadian retailers and Buy Canadian.
PS... I cant write a negative review on Amazon as it would get Deleted!

karenn324
November 12th, 2020

Once again, parcel dumped in the common hallway of a very large apartment building. I tried contacting them through chat, again, and again received the nonsense replies from India. "We deeply regret" etc. I don't care how deeply they regret, just get the drivers to knock on the door!
I then tried contacting by phone, and three times in a row got people with such strong Indian accents that I could not understand them. I'm in Canada, I want to speak with a Canadian, not an Indian who promises the moon and does nothing.

tonyw455
January 30th, 2021

Ordered a piece of electronic equipment I need for work from them and it is clear from the delivery picture that they have delivered to the wrong address and I cannot find the package at my neighbours' doors. Tried to chat with them for an immediate replacement or refund so I can order a new one, but they keep telling me, repeatedly "to wait a few days in case the package arrives and for them to complete the investigation", even though it's clear that the package was not delivered correctly. I asked to speak to the supervisor and got told the exact same thing, that "they cannot do anything at the moment and I have to wait." I tried to reason with them but they ignored me for 10 minutes straight, then came back and gave me the exact same response. It is ridiculous that my package is further delayed for the mistake on their part, and that they didn't even sound apologetic or offer me any form of compensation.
Then I called them and the customer service person immediately offered me a refund after checking the system. So if you want something fixed, just save yourself some time and call them instead, skip the chat.

Tip for consumers:
If you need something fixed, skip the chat as they are unprofessional, and does not solve your issue. Call them instead

Electronics

bethw323
September 9th, 2020

Although Amazon is more than happy to assist in purchases and usually refunds, it is very frustrating to invest time and money into a seller that is either not located in Canada or selling fake items. My most recent item, hair toner was actually used. That is simply disgusting. I wish Microsoft would create a company better than Amazon.

timothym721
February 23rd, 2021

AS a happy regular Amazon customer for many orders I elected to try the Promotional "Prime" upgrade. I was happily surprised at the elevated customer service and delivery options and associated cost and speed of delivery. I am always amazed at how customer service goes the "extra mile" for their customers and how cost justifiable it is. I buy frequently and return occasionally and have never been been disappointed.

Products used:
Gloves, belts, fuel injector cleaner, shoes,hats, dog beds,auto interior lights, salt&pepper shakers,books, auto LED headlights,truck third brake light, T-Rex tape, wooden soap dishes, computer safe reading glasses, 10x vanity mirror, computer mouse, etc.

michaelo1073
February 1st, 2021
Verified purchase

ONE AFTER ANOTHER LIARS, SPECIALLY IF YOU DIDN'T RECEIVE AN ITEM, TO REFUND YOUR OWN MONEY TAKES FOR EVER, IF LUCKY

Tip for consumers:
DO NOT DEAL WITH THIRD PARTY SELLERS...

Products used:
ALL KINDS, BUT I GUESS NO MORE... THEY LIARS....

melanied111
January 10th, 2020

daveh593
June 25th, 2020

Having several issues over the past week including a shipment that was not delivered and other issues I continued to ask for a Customer Service Rep / Mgr to speak to in Canada. This is impossible and all parties either live chat or on the phone refused to do or try to have someone call me. Instead again I wasted over 1 hour of my time and still frustrated!

sueellenp2
March 15th, 2020

I have been an amazon customerfor many years now, and there is one major issue thatkeeps popping up with EVERY order. Excessive waste in packaging and delivery!
Items are always shipped in excessively large boxes and so called add on items are shipped seperately from the rest of your order. Last week i ordered a humidifier that was packaged in four (yes 4) nestled boxes and about 20 of those air filledbags.
In a time when we are supposed to bereducing waste, amazon goes out of their way to create excess.
GROSS

denessap
November 25th, 2020

I'm expecting a package which has been days late. Expecting another package today and saw the linguistics driver sitting in the complex for 90 minutes, not delivering any packages. After all of that, the driver left. He did not deliver a single package to anyone that has been waiting. I called into Amazon and can't even get to a Canadian rep. The delivery service is going straight downhill so why bother being a prime member anymore when the employees won't even do their job.

jc1139
June 4th, 2020

I have been shopping on Amazon for years and always pleasant experience until got scammed from a 3rd party seller by confusing product information, misleading me thought there were 10 box item in my order but seller only mailed me 1 box. Due to covid19, when I received my item, it could no longer be return anymore (already passed last return day) and seller refused to refund my money. I tried to email/call Amazon but there is no customer service at all.

If you're going to place an order from a 3rd party seller, please be careful.

Tip for consumers:
Avoide ordering from a 3rd party seller.
Find a 3rd party seller with good reviews(by many users not only few)

samahk4
December 26th, 2020
Verified purchase

Today I sit here checking my bank details to find $15 just taken from my account. Have no idea what for. Tried emailing them can't find a damn email unbelievable.

rayd170
September 9th, 2020

Amazon is the worst customer service company in the world in my experience. Amazon also does not match prices drop within few days of purchases.

Also, it is so hard to carry Breville Mini Smart Oven for a mile to a post office to return the oven because of damage and scratches. Plus Amazon charges 35 postage deduction. What a rubbish and unfair company Jeff Bezos is, billionaire of no ethics or sensitivities to seniors challenges.

Very hard to get in touch with Customer Service plus they transfer you around to no avail.

mikep860
June 4th, 2020

I used to deal with eBay and when I had a problem with an item it was a night mare to get my money back. Now I only shop through amazon. This company stand beside their customer have an issue want to return no problem with amazon. This company is so great now I have family and friends shopping here. Thank you amazon and please don't change nothing its perfect

sarahs1757
August 10th, 2020

They took extra money out of our account without our permission. They asked bank for permission to take the extra money and not us. No notice on what they were doing. I called and got the run around and got hang up on second call and how rude. Cancel our order and the first person I talk to said it would be 3 to 5 business days to get our money back and second person said 7 to 10 business days to get our money back. That's ridiculous! This make us not want to order from amazon.

stevep756
October 8th, 2020

My credit card was compromised after I placed an Amazon order. I don't shop online so I know it happened because of Amazon. Then I was 'guaranteed' a delivery date and 4 days later, still no delivery. Asked for a refund but questionable now because I had to shut down that credit card because of the $1200. 00+ fraudulant purchase that someone tried to make after I did my Amazon purchase. Bad experience all around.

kathleenw678
October 14th, 2020

It seems the customer is expected to sit in their condo for days waiting for a delivery. In this age of technology surely they can do better than this. Do yourself a favour and buy locally. Companies out there, use shopify not amazon to sell your stuff.

peterd948
March 1st, 2020

These lamps have been great. Stores do not sell the cool white 4000K or better only the warm (yellow) ones. So I tried on line. Other ones flickered and died in the first week. These have been great with the dimmer switch.
Thanks

yvonnem260
December 20th, 2020

I ordered this wall art and I find the photo that they show for the art is very deceiving the actual art is at least half that size

louisew173
November 20th, 2020

Bad deliveries. I have had too many "attempted deliveries", when in fact the Amazon delivery driver has made no attempt at all. When you are actually sitting waiting for the package to be delivered, it's pretty obvious that no "attempt" was made. The last one was when it was raining, and an email comes through that a delivery attempt was made, when in fact it hadn't been. I have cancelled a few orders due to the lack of delivery and having an email of delivery attempt

russellm311
April 17th, 2020

I used Amazon (Canada) for years with usually no problems, then since March I have had multiple amounts withdrawn from my account only to get notices that my payments have been declined and the product isn't being shipped! I've wrote emails to them and repeatedly tried to reach someone but because of covid 19 there is a lack of customer support and anyone really keeping an eye on transactions. Unfortunately our bank can only block future debits so needless to say I will never be shopping with Amazon again. We live in a remote community so online shopping is a necessity for us and our friends which Amazon will no longer be part of.

aprilm594
May 11th, 2020

Don't get your account hacked cause they won't help you at all. Its been over a week and I contacted them again and all I can get it "we are sending it to our high priority accounts department" no one ever contacts me back. You would think they would hurry up when someones account is in danger. Not impressed I am done with amazon.

jimh878
December 20th, 2020

An order was scheduled for delivery to me on Friday Dec 18th. Nothing arrived except a message (without proof) that the delivery driver attempted to deliver. I called the courier service number and was told that the parcel would be delivered on Saturday Dec 19th. Nothing arrived! I called the courier service (Intelcom) again and was told that the parcel will be delivered on Monday! There isn't any way for me to complain to Amazon about such shabby service.

hanhn13
August 8th, 2020

I dont know how Amazon.ca work. They so stupid only know my money and no more responsibility to fix issue. I add one product for selling they take over one month we try for ask why but only get automatic email after 2-3 business days they will feedback but never see anything from them.

Don't believe their delivery guarantee. They are late 4/10 times and are unremorseful for it

By Debbie f.