Review of Amazon.ca

410 Terry Avenue North
Seattle, WA 98109, US

josephm739
9/12/19

amazon sent my parcel to the wrong address and when I talked to one of their representatives i was assured the parcel would be sent on Saturday. Today is Thursday and I was told today, the item was being sent back to the shipper and the item would not be delivered.Their representative is a liar and I will not be dealing with crooks any more.

shannonc377
9/11/19

I returned two of the same computers at the same exact time. One of them got processed right away, the other one took over two weeks to get my refund back. Dealing with customer service was a complete joke as they just kept saying the same thing even though they knew my item had been delivered to their returns centre. I have ordered a table from the past as well and it came to my house damaged with dents in it... the return process for that took over a month. Be careful with what you order!!

annr203
9/6/19

I was assured by Amazon Customer Service, 4 TIMES, that they would not use Intelcom courier service for my parcels. Well guess what??? Yes they did. 5 TIMES after I called. The last customer service rep admitted they had lied to me as they have no control over the courier service! So another parcel does not get delivered to me!
I have cancelled my Prime membership and will not shop with them again. Shame on me for trusting and believing them.

rickp142
9/3/19

Amazon.ca made a mistake with vehicle and refused to pay return shipping charges.
I ordered a brake kit for a Toyota and Amazon sent the kit for a Chrysler/Dodge.
Amazon admitted to the mistake, however, Amazon refuses to pay the $100 shipping charges to return it.
Amazon sends what they cannot sell and claims it is a mistake, and then makes it difficult to for you to get your money back by not paying the return charges.

janets516
9/1/19

Three problems with orders.
1. Packaging has been much over packaged, wasting a LOT of paper and plastic and cardboard - in today's climate change world, this is totally irresponsible.
2. Amazon will keep offering you "Kindle Unlimited Membership", again and again, even after you have purchased this. I only realized today, that over a year have repurchased this twice, thinking I had refused it before. There is no way to cancel these purchases, so beware and check you records on Amazon to see if you have purchased this already, before you fork out another $9.99!
3. Packages from across the world are not designated as such, but are often poorly packaged, sometimes with damage to the goods, and to send it back requires you to put the parcel in a new package, and send it all the way back over 1000's of miles, often over oceans, for recompense for a smallish or large purchase. So, before ordering, check to see where the package is coming from.

kellyg251
8/22/19

I ordered two items with delivery 3 -4 days and now it is confirmed for mid Oct, we are in Aug. They will not cxl my order nor give me back my money until Oct. Then they gave me a $75.00 promotional certificate which cannot be used, because you can only choose certain items but those items are no longer available. So out 85$ + 75$ . Amazon equals Fraud
Never again

patf120
8/14/19

Paid extra for 2 day shipping. its been a month and my producrs haven't even shipped yet. They're at the Canadian warehouse but apparently don't ship for 1-3 months.

sw346
7/29/19

Very good experience so far with buying items like clothes, kitchen wares, and decorative stuff etc. Recommended strongly as torontarian :)

aa276
7/28/19

I order for business daily as well as personal use. Amazon.ca continually changes their shipping times and you receive items very late. The date you get at checkout is often different than the email confirmation you receive once the order is confirmed in an email.
Shop elsewhere, as Amazon could care less about your experience.

sebastiena6
7/25/19

Amazon routinely delays shipment of preorders, especially if you preordered early enough to benefit from the fluctuating sale prices on their website.
Expect to wait as much as a week beyond the release date of an item as punishment for preordering early.

One customer rep told me that the shipments are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis, but this is clearly BS as you'll be able to order the item the day before it releases and ensure delivery the very next morning. You just have to cough up the full retail price and forego any discount you may have received for preordering early.

And for the record, your prime membership means nothing to them. It's advertised as a way to get fast shipping, but you can expect to be the last on amazon's priority list. You're the sucker they've already managed to reel in to spending 100 bucks on a worthless membership. They don't need to do anything more to impress you.

jackd133
7/25/19

After receiving an email from Amazon.ca this morning I went to purchase a 50ft. garden hose priced at $28.61. Once added to my cart, it showed up as $34.99.

Confused, I returned to the previous screen thinking it was a glitch. I had to do this a few times because I couldn't understand why on one page the price was $28.61 and in the cart it was $34.99. Out of frustration, I called Amazon and they agreed it was a priced but refused to check me out at the lower price.

I think people should know this occurs at Amazon and of course customer service is none existent despite being polite and all. It sickens me when I here call center staff say "sorry, there's nothing I can do to help you"

This is why I remain content to drive to a store and pick up what I want to buy. Its priced and I buy it for the marked price. Amazon is fraudulent in bating and switching as they did this morning.

joanneh123
7/10/19

Absolutely love amazon!! Being a prime member is awesome as well most of my deliverys come with in few days and so many extra goodies like movies tv shows, and all my audiobooks!!!... but most importantly to me is the customers service always helpful and resolve any problems I may have in a professional manner

larsf13
7/5/19

Purchased a $32 item handled and delivered by Amazon. When received it was found defective (and in fact the seller lied about the product too). When trying to return it, Amazon sends me a slip stating they will refund $2. The cheapest return price (all within Canada) is $12. So convenient for a major mail order company, and cheap of them - we alone carry the risk as purchasers. I then started the process of closing my account. Here more than 24 hr later after 4 emails, 2 calls and 2 chat sessions they still cannot close my account.

annec252
7/3/19

Do not buy anything from this supplier. Also, Amazon won't allow me to post a one star review of them. This feels conspiratorial - disallowing negative reviews. I'm not sure which company is worse; the failure or conspirator.

debbief139
6/28/19

3rd time they went outside their 'guaranteed delivery date.' I was very patient before, this time I absolutely needed the items for a scheduled event the next morning. They don't have the courtesy to contact me about my package being delayed by possibly a week: I have to followup with them. By the time I do the courier is closed so they apparently can't do anything until morning. So I suggest fine call the courier in the morning and get this order cancelled because I don't want to see it at my door: I am told by supervisor she is coming in at 3pm and can call them then. But they may deliver package earlier in the day. I emphasis that is a waste for me as I will not be able to use it anymore and I don't want the hassle of printing out return labels and taking to courier office for mailing out: I am told to just refuse the package at door. THEY JUST LEAVE IT AT THE DOOR WITHOUT RINGING DOORBELL. what, am I suppose to stay sitting on the porch all morning to make sure I can refuse the carrier? I tell phone agent this and suggest she pass on info to a colleague or another supervisor with morning shift so they can do this cancellation with courier. I am told something so stupid that I am still reeling from it: 'you will have to callback tomorrow morning if u want this to happen. We are not allowed to share your data with apparently even our colleagues in the same company with same level of security clearance as us. So you need to call yourself in the morning and do all this followup yourself. Again. From scratch." Nothing said or done that can possibly assist me. Moreover, just seems will be more headache for me to go return useless product that I don't need anymore, and the running around involved early morning to find suitable replacement items for my event. I have swore and gotten angry maybe 3 times in past 30 years, this situation tops them all. No regard for cx pain, no feasible action plan to help them, keep repeating the same bad service and set untruthful delivery standards without remorse. I doubt it will happen but I hope they go out of business

ians205
6/28/19

I've had Amazon Prime for several years and it makes no sense to me that they still use Dynamex as a courier. I have yet to have a package arrive on time, and in many cases, at all.

With 611 bad reviews on Google about this Courier all related to Amazon deliveries, why on earth is Amazon still using them?

1.3 out of 5 stars is the average... complete waste of time.
Amazon... wake up and pay attention to your customers. If you cannot offer same day or next day delivery because this is the only option, then so be it... I would rather wait then to have to deal with this very incompetent courier.

brucel143
6/23/19

The best online site by far. Excellent customer service and return policy. I have bought alot of products most I would say are great. Selection is outstanding.

danilom10
6/22/19

Careful about ordering items eligible for prime delivery. Not true. Ordered a bike May 23 and finally delivered June 18. After I complained, they promised a $50 refund on my card, but later it was changed to gift certificate. That's how Bezos became the riches man on the planet.

merles26
6/2/19

PROTECT YOUR ACCOUNTS!!!!!!!! Do what ever you can to protect your Amazon Account because if you get hacked, Amazon could care less!!!!! Here is my experience:
-Account hacked
-$2000 gaming card purchased
-person who hacked my account forgot to change the shipping address before the item was shipped
-I received said item and this is when I learned my account was hacked (they changed my account password at the same time)
-I informed Amazon Customer Service
-They froze my account until an Account Specialist could look into the fraud
-Account Specialist can only receive info from Customer Service not the customer directly and only communicate with you via email
-I was informed that the charge to my account would stand and to take up the fraud with my Credit Card company
-Account unlocked
-I informed my Credit Card Company who were very sympathetic and helpful, they wiped the charge off of my card
-I RETURNED the fraudulently bought video card
-Amazon reimbursed me the shipping costs (Small point in their favour for this)
-2 MONTHS go by and then suddenly my account is locked again
-amazon.ca Account Specialists send an email stating it is locked because my credit card company will not pay them for the fraudulent purchase BUT THEY HAVE THE PRODUCT RETURNED TO THEM!!!!!!!
-3 emails have been sent by me to clarify that they are not out any money
-amazon.ca Account Specialists haven't bothered responding
-Contacted Customer Service to cancel my account (I have a Prime Account) and to ask for a refund for the month I have had the account locked
-Informed that they can't do that and he matter needs to be referred to an Account Specialist
COME ON AMAZON.CA - GET YOUR HEADS OUT OF YOUR ASSES - ME AND MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY OWE YOU NOTHING - have your Account Specialists accessible by phone and stop screwing your customers
-Informed that they can't cancel the account

peterm149
6/2/19

I have been an Amazon Prime member for years now and up until recently, everything was going really well. I have noticed a sudden change with their shipping performance. I am still a Prime member and placed a few orders using the offered "guaranteed next day delivery". Not only did the items not arrive the next day, but I was told by Amazon that they wont arrive for another 4 days! Lucky I did not have to pay for shipping, but I have to say I was shocked at this turn of events. I will take this as a warning to myself, not to buy essential products anymore from Amazon and to just drive to the store to ensure I get what I need, when I need it. Its really a sad situation and disappointing turn of events.

alanac14
5/29/19

Amazon has been a great experience so far. Items usually arrives on time. Many different items to choose from at different price points. But, sometimes the prices goes up and down in very short periods of time on the same item. Refunds are simple to do, if necessary.

francheskas
5/27/19

Amazon is a complete ripe off and becoming a prime member is worse. Your charged a yearly membership fee only for them to charge you more for every item that you purchase! I ordered a matress from them that has yet to be delivered and four days after calling continuously the Supervisor TELLS me that I refused MY order. Which was completely false. He finished off with an attitude as though I should not have been frustrated. Complete lack of regard for customers. I definitely will not a sucker for I'll treatment. Save yourself the headache and go to a store physically ,especially for expensive items.

haiqingz
5/20/19

I ordered two items of heating pads on May5,2019, I am supposed to get it on May13 according to the receipt, but so far nothing happened

investorsh
5/14/19

I am new, was new to Amazon,.Delivery in by 14 May ,as promised, did not happen. Tried to trace item ordered; One section of Website gave m,e an Order Number (wish I had recorded that), another section said I had not ordered anything in the last 6 months. As I said I WAS new to Amazon

abhyudayj
5/13/19

The product was delivered late to me after around 2 weeks even after being a prime member where it said two day shipping. Amazon deleted my previous review. This image explains what Amazon had to say about the delivery. They intentionally made their customer service as useless as possible so that they put all the profits in their pocket and the customers suffer. This will be my last purchase from Amazon!!

3 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Don't believe their delivery guarantee. They are late 4/10 times and are unremorseful for it

By Debbie f.

I've never had to pay duty on anything from Amazon.ca, even if it was shipped from another country.

By Chris L.

Used to be but appears they may be changing their policies which effects anyone using the free shipping. The warehouse is in Brampton.

By Mary L.

Happened to me. Just another sneaky way that Amazon operates. Welcome to the club.

By Danilo M.

Certainly unfair.

By Chris l.

Questions? Get answers from the Amazon.ca staff and other customers.

14 Photos for Amazon.ca