Review of Amazon.ca

410 Terry Avenue North
Seattle, WA 98109, US

mousew
1/27/20
Here I'll take your money & not deliver your it's , or you also paid for next day shipping? Nah you don't get a thing

$#*! Amazon lol
marinap47
1/20/20
I have been A Amazon customer since 2007 on .ca and since 2004 on Amazon.com
And a prime member for over 4 years.
An Item I ordered was not received.
3 days passed the guaranteed delivery date.
I called Amazon customer service.
A supervise tells me she is going to give me a free replacement.
I asked her how is it free. I paid for it when I ordered the item. It is not my fault Amazon forget to send it to the currier( intel currier service) company based in Canada.
Upon calling the carrier it was conformed that Amazon never sent them my package.
Yet this women supervisor wants to maintain it's a free replacement.
This is the very first time I came across Amazon customer service agent that was not really a very good customer service agent.
Very disappointed.
samanthan78
1/13/20
It said that my package was delivered but I couldn't find it anywhere, so Amazon kindly gave me my money back!! Yay
korkm
1/12/20
Two weeks in a row they have misdirected our packages to other homes. One home owner was going to keep it, the other home owner called us and asked if we wanted our package. She advised us that they contact amazon.ca customer service and that they told her to keep our package. Dynamex and Intellcom are two of the worst shipping companies and yet Amazon insists on using them. We refunded the prime. May as well pay to have it shipped via Canada post and avoid their one or two day shipping which doesn't seem to be a good deal, especially if your packages are being misdirected. This is not just twice that this has happened, but after two weeks in a row we were fed up.
melanied111
1/10/20
I buy almost everything on there and I like the fact we never have to pay for returns. They ship fast, you have to do your homeworks and read the critics for the product you want but the chances of getting a good quality value is outstanding. I totally recommend but one has to do his homeworks to read reviews and buy from a source who sold many items like the one you're looking for.
mayy12
1/7/20
Customer service
Order a turbo oven on Amazon.ca Dec 20 2019 it was shown In Stock, shipped 1-2 days. I wasn't given a delivery day. Dec 23rd got in touch with Amazon.ca customer rep., told me they do have in stock and is putting the item together (???) I will be getting an email in 48hrs. Nothing, I waited giving the benefit of the doubt due to the holiday time, still nothing. January 7th, contact customer services again, I was told it was out of stock in my area and I will have to wait. This rep. offer extend my prime for a month. That doesn't justified the false information they gave me and the time I been waiting for it. Then told me I will get a confirmation email when it is ready for delivery. It did not happen, ask to speak to a supervisor, I was told it was due to technical difficulties that I will get an email in 48hrs (same thing). I ask why was it listed in Stock when I purchase if they didn't have any in stock but was also told in stock on the 23th of December and I will get it soon that it was expedited but than now it's not available again. To my surprise, I get disconnected by the team lead with no response to my question. Got connected to a new, rudely said the best they can do is to cancel it and for me to reorder it right away for it is in stock now and ready to ship in 1-2 days. They just cancel the item without me saying yes to canceling it. Super rude customer services. If they had it in stock why not just ship me the item???
dermotb2
1/6/20
I the years I have used Amazon.ca I have been totally satisfied with my experiences.
They have a great shipping centre and my orders have arrived mostly ahead of posted delivery time. I'm over 180 kms from the nearest Amazon centre and I still get my Prime delivery ahead of schedule. Any issues I have had with sellers associated with Amazon.ca have been quickly attended to.
wayner143
1/5/20
I ordered a piece for my wife as a Christmas gift
Didn't arrive when it was scheduled to so reordered
Second didn't arrive
Ordered a third time, it didn't arrive
Messaged Amazon and said that I want my money back
Unhappy wife doesn't make for a good house
randib78
1/1/20
I used Amazon for almost all of my Christmas shopping and it was fast and so convenient as I have a problem shopping with all of the crowds. And as I am a member , I get Amazon Prime as well. There is t a better deal out there!
Thanks Amazon!
gregh449
12/29/19
I ordered a lot of stuff! only a quarter of it came. my account is on hold and I am required to contact amazon.ca for instruction. when I call they don't have a clue band say an accounting department will contact me, which no one EVER does!!! so now I have no idea what's ordered and what's not!! This was t6he worst way to shop and EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING!!! a very bad experience shopping online!!! what a sham!!!!
annav127
12/27/19
I have been an Amazon Prime member for about 5/6 years now. 3rd party sellers should not be allowed at this business as Amazon does not take responsibility for them. There is a tab you can select to see only Prime products however this does not work as I'm still only seeing 3rd party sellers. It's getting harder and harder to see Amazons products. Like almost becoming obsolete. I use to like Amazon Prime but sadly it's gone downhill. I hope another company like Amazon opens up so I could switch. Pictures below shows seller advertising FREE SHIPPING the other shows its false and is trying to charge me $6.99 at checkout
cindyh398
12/23/19
On December 5th I ordered a present for a 7 year old boy. The product was in stock and I was GUARANTEED delivery between December 13 - 23. On the 16th I had a "Chat" with a customer Serve Rep as the product still had not shipped. They told me not to worry and GUARANTEED that the product would ship before December 23, 2019. I had a "Chat" again on December 20th expressing my concern that the product had not shipped. And again they GUARANTEED that the product would be shipped by December 23. On December 22 when I checked my email in the morning, they had sent an email saying that the product would not ship and they do not know when it will. Seriously?! I had another "Chat" and was told that it was my fault as I should have looked if there was a guaranteed delivery date - I did, I had already provided this information in the chat. I asked for a Rep more senior and she spent 3 hours flipping between "It is your fault you should have checked the delivery date" and "you should check that an item is in stock before you order". I asked her to re-read the script of our chat and she can see that it was a GUARANTEED delivery date which I again confirmed on the 16th and 20th and that the item was in stock!

She then proceed to tell me that with Amazon that if they have 50 items in stock that they will take 100 orders for it - all saying that the item is in stock. Then the first 50 will be delivered and the remaining 50 will get an "Out of Stock" email, even though it was listed as being in stock when the customer purchased it.

She told me to look else where for my product - 2 days before Christmas. I told her to refund my bank so that I could shop elsewhere and she insisted that I had not been charged. I copied the transaction from my bank statement and she told me to take it up with the bank as they placed a hold on my funds. She said that it is not their responsibility - apparently nothing is!

They offered me a 30% compensation, which in no ways covers a gift for Christmas.

I asked her to put it in my bank account. She says that she cannot do that because she does not have access to my account. Really? Because I paid with my bank card, you had no problem taking the money? But now, you will not give me any compensation unless I use it to buy more from you?!

So it is 2 days before Christmas, this little boy is not getting a gift, I don't have the funds to purchase one and Amazon sends a message to me "Sorry to hear about your concerns, please shop with us again"!

I asked her many times what good is 3 delivery date GUARANTEES and she refuses to answer my question.

I asked for the name of the Director / VP of her Department and she says for Security reasons she refuses to give them, and tells me to research it on Google.

I ask for their Ombudsman and she provides one in London, England. Hmmm, that may be out of Canadian jurisdiction.

I ask for the contact details for their industry regulator and she provides details for someone in USA. Again, thinking this may be out of Canadian jurisdiction.

How much of a deplorable organization do you have to be to keep someone waiting for a product for 17 days just before Christmas, take their money, knowing full well that you did not have enough stock to fulfill the order, but guarantee delivery 3 times and then send a sly email late at night saying that you can't do so 2 days before Christmas?

And then to hold onto their money, refuse to give them compensation to use anywhere else, and tell them to check inventory levels at local stores 2 days before Christmas? Really, I ordered on December 5th, you think stores will have inventory on December 22???

And then to keep telling the customer that it is their fault despite your 3 GUARANTEES of delivery?

She refused to check with seller, Hathaway Toys, but kept telling me to do so while at the same refusing to give me their contact details.

She refused to check with the fulfillment centre.

So other than blaming the customer, taking ZERO responsibility, not answering what a GUARANTEED delivery date is good for, and doing anything to make the situation right, what exactly is your customer service department good for? Spoiling Christmas for little kids?!
manuelan4
12/22/19
I'm a procrastinator when it comes to shopping for Xmas. I strongly dislike the malls and struggle to come up with gift ideas that are likely to appreciated by the recipients.

On Dec.16 I browsed through amazon.ca and started getting some ideas. On Dec. 17 I made my decisions and placed an order for 7 items. All items were delivered on Dec. 21, one day ahead of the promised date.

I'm thrilled with the peace of mind this experience is giving me. My first time shopping online for Xmas gifts.

Now, I just have to wrap the gifts, something I enjoy doing.
Thank you amazon!
yp11
12/19/19
a garbage company and a repulsive place to work.
they don't pay you what you're owed. they don't keep track of your hours correctly. when they do pay it's not on time. and they don't have enough respect for their workers to listen to them when they take the initiative to resolve those issues. I was denied several days paid and was penalized for not punching in my first weeks of working (I was signing in on THEIR SIGN IN SHEET) when I was given a keycard a month into me starting (which incidentally was the last day I worked for these jackasses before I quit). my supervisor (Davies from Adecco is ridiculously incompetent and a bafoon) Peace P. Ike is incapable of doing her job correctly as on site manager as well. I'm disgusted. save your time and energy and don't work for this company/workplace of thieves and liars.

JEFF BOZO IS ALSO A $#*!.
leonidw1
12/15/19
These guys are way to slow at refunding items, or their employees are just lazy. It takes them longer than 24 hours after receiving my item, to send a refund. They received my item at 8 am on a Friday. Since amazon.ca doesn't work on weekends, except for customer service reps who do f*ck all. As if they can't have people work on weekends but are completely okay taking customer orders on weekends. I must wait at least 4 days for my refund to be sent back even though Amazon has the product in their facility and could probably even sell it again before I get my money back!
susanj576
12/13/19
When you try to deliver a package and don't do that and get caught lying because my video surveillance says he didn't come to my door plus I was at home now I have to do there job by phoning and emailing when they did not do the job that they get paid to do putting the customer stressed out to the point of never ordering anything else
jessicab974
12/9/19
I had place a large order for Christmas gifts where a payment of 167.44 was taking out of my bank for these items then was told there were not enough funds for my order. When calling amazon I was first told the payment had bounced upon calling my bank I found out this payment did not bounce. Call amazon again I was told another story that something had gone wrong in their warehouse and they had canceled my order a couple days prior and the money was going to be refunded. Check amazon order on account it doesn't show that my order had been canceled so I cancel this order. Call amazon again was told that this order that the warehouse never canceled my order like 2nd guy told me on the phone but they had refund my money took a couple days. I then reorder these items on their own instead of in one big order I was then charged twice!!! For each on of the items. When I call amazon again I'm told there was just a authorization done the first time but only the second payment had come out I clearly state I was charged both on the 7th and the 9th for each one of these items. They then tell me that they did take the money out on the 7th but had canceled it because the order was not ready for shipment then recharged me on the 9th for these same items. I have still not received refund for their mess up on the 7th so it looks like I'm out 200 for over charge on their part. I am so a prime member and will be canceling my member ship and never ordering from amazon again
kenk253
12/7/19
The reason I returned the 32 x 29 hustler pants is that they were to small.The return was handled very good and credit was returned promptly.I reordered and received the
order and am very satisfied.
saffronb2
12/4/19
I recently learned that Amazon allows third-party sellers to sell any item they deem marketable. The Netflix series Broken actually mentions Amazon in their documentary. Most of the third-party sellers are not Canadian I have learned that Amazon allows third-party sellers to sell fake versions of branded items. There is no way for us the consumer to know they are fake, third-party sellers also re-issue returned items some in used form and some new. I myself have received many items that have been used and returned. I am no longer buying off Amazon.ca.
Recently I have also experienced Amazon not guaranteeing any deliveries. In order to get a refund you have to wait a mandatory week to see if the item shows up. I threatened them as it is illegal for them to do this regardless of their policy they cannot hold your money hostage when a delivery date is guaranteed. The consumer does not know this but you do now. I experienced this in ordering pillows that came from the US and never arrived in Canada. I educated their manager and received my refund in less than 24 hours.
With the education I have received through documentaries and online investigations Amazon is no longer considered an online resource for me.
christianb172
12/3/19
When I first joined Amazon prime Canada a person could order items any week days before lunch and get it the next day. Now it is not the case anymore. I order regularly from them and they are pissing me off. Paying prime for 2 day shipping is a waste of money. as an example if I order something on a Saturday fulfilled by amazon.ca I should get it latest on the Tuesday but no they even tell you as you place your order that it will be delivered on Wednesday. If you are not a prime member you will get it no later then Thursday. Why pay for prime and 2 day shipping when it does not exist any longer.
elizabetha85
11/24/19
Most items i have to send back so I'm thankful for free shipping and returns. A lot of the stuff is cheap, imported dollar store quality at a premium price, so back it goes. Like this cheap keyboard I'm using now. The space bar doesn't work every time, so back it goes tomorrow. Very frustrating! Delivery is good though not two days as promised but that's not a big deal to me. If only the products were quality I'd give Amazon 5 stars.
johnnys155
11/21/19
don't buy here if there is any chance there may be a problem. they are masters at dragging a problem on and on in the hopes the unhappy customer will give up. i had a problem but after 4 or 5 messages back and forth, i gave up. an old familiar scam is to answer your problem with a comment about how good their service is and forget about dealing with the problem. once you have paid they don't really give a hoot. stay away from amazon and deal with a local department store.
skyes12
11/16/19
I've ordered stuff in past years with Amazon and was pleased with my purchase. However this year I've ordered a couple things, and every item was either damaged or faulty. Prices used to be good but now it's an arm and a leg for shipping to the point where I can get it cheaper in a brick and mortar store. What's the point of this site anymore unless you have prime. Waste of my time and money. Not happy.
kennyc56
11/13/19
Same day delivery is not same day, waited from 8:00Am to 9:00 Pm and was told the parcel is delayed one or two more day. The liquid bandage is for my dog's wound, how can I wait that long!!
jessn26
11/10/19
They locked my account and, for some godforsaken reason, you can't access the "contact us" page while your account is locked! I need to cancel an order and I can't because these dimwits don't allow access to their email or phone number. Absolutely ridiculous. Site layout is a $#*!ing joke.
4 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Don't believe their delivery guarantee. They are late 4/10 times and are unremorseful for it

By Debbie f.

I've never had to pay duty on anything from Amazon.ca, even if it was shipped from another country.

By Chris L.

Used to be but appears they may be changing their policies which effects anyone using the free shipping. The warehouse is in Brampton.

By Mary L.

Happened to me. Just another sneaky way that Amazon operates. Welcome to the club.

By Danilo M.

Certainly unfair.

By Chris l.

Questions? Get answers from the Amazon.ca staff and other customers.

17 Photos for Amazon.ca