Review of Amazon.ca

410 Terry Avenue North
Seattle, WA 98109, US

masamunec
7/9/18
I have ordered many things from Amazon.ca, from DVDs to books to household stuff. Not all the products I have received are true to the advertisements. Shipping ETD is usually accurate (they even mark on my cell phone calendar automatically). I liked that when I search for something it lists all the sellers who sell the same item so I can compare deals. The only complain I have is that the .com site carries more products than .ca site.
dd203
7/5/18
I have paid $80.00 yr as a Prime member for 4 years now.SO IM SUPPOSE TO GET DELIVERY WITHIN 2 OR 3 DAYS.(( IT WAS OK A YEAR AGO )), NOW I WAIT 5 DAYS 4 DAYS , SOMETIMES IT NEVER SHOWS UP AND THEY GIVE YOU A WHOPPING $5.00 CREDIT ON YOUR NEXT ORDER THEY CAN.SHOVE THAT WHERE THE SUN DONT SHINE!! BUT AMAZON HAVE MORE EXCUSES THAN YOU CAN IMAGINE WHY YOU HAVN'T GOT IT YET. ( AND THATS A CALL CENTER INDIA)
JUST GO TO YOUR LOCAL STORE WHERE YOU HAVE A CHOICE AND YOU CAN SEE ITS FROM CANADA, (NOT CHINA OR U.S.A) WHERE MOST OF THIS JUNK COMES FROM..
AMAZON.CA HAS REALLY GONE DOWNHILL.
HER IS A TRANSCRIPT OF MY CONVERSATION IN CHAT WITH AN AMAZON REPAmazon Your AccountAmazon.ca
Message From Customer Service

Hello,
Here's a copy of the chat transcript you requested:

03:20 PM PDT Amazon: Hello, my name is Prince. I'll be happy to help you.
03:22 PM PDT ME: Order #

this is suppose to be prime
03:22 PM PDT Amazon: I'm so sorry to hear that you haven't received your order yet. Im going to take care of this right now.

03:22 PM PDT ME: thank you
03:25 PM PDT Amazon: Thanks so much for waiting.
03:25 PM PDT ME: ok
03:27 PM PDT Amazon: My apologies, I have checked and see that your shipment was delayed in transit and carrier has scheduled a delivery by Monday, July 9, 2018 .
03:27 PM PDT ME: you know this is really unacceptable
03:28 PM PDT ME: I have 2 orders that are Prime and none are within you limits
its been in Toronto for 2 days , I am onlt 80 miles from Toronto
03:29 PM PDT ME: this is terrible service
I know its not your fault
I needed this today
03:30 PM PDT Amazon: I know this has been an inconvenience for you and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused. As a compensation, I will issue a 5$ promo credit which can be used for next purchase of item shipped and sold by Amazon. Please accept it as a gesture of goodwill from Amazon.

03:30 PM PDT ME: I thank you , but I will not be needing that as I am going to get out of amazon

03:32 PM PDT ME: I have been buying off amazon for 4 years , and this is bad
service
03:32 PM PDT Amazon: Okay, I understand you need the item by end of today and it has not delivered yet, In this case I would suggest to refund package for a full refund on arrival.
03:33 PM PDT Amazon: refuse package for a full refund on arrival**

03:34 PM PDT ME: if I knew I wasn't going to get it on time I wouldn't have ordered this stuff from amazon , I will go to the store
I dont have time to send it back
its just B.S sale
this will be the last order
trevorc58
6/15/18
Hello,

I would rarely ever write into a company to express frustration, as I know there are hiccup's and glitches in everything. However, my experience was so bad, I am seriously contemplating never using Amazon again. I have already told all my coworkers and they are shocked at what happened.

I went to purchase gift cards on my account from a few different cards to total up to $550 so I can purchase a tv stand.

Amazon of course locked my account thinking it was fraud, which I thought was understandable because I used different cards and bought many gift cards. I waited my 5 hours, changed my password, updated my info as requested and then tried with one card to purchase another gift card and that was denied. Amazon then tried to call me a few minutes later (I am assuming because of the suspected fraud again) but I wasn't able to take the call as I am at work.

I called back the number, and was told they couldn't help me as that was Amazon USA and I need Amazon Canada. Ok cool. Got transferred over.

When I got the rep at Amazon Canada, it sounded like a heard of mice on the end, I don't know how close those call center individuals work but I could hear everyone around him. He kept asking me to verify my CV number on my card, and then said I needed to update my info and everything is fine.

I told him I already did that, and nothing happened, I still cant order a gift card and now I am getting frustrated that this isn't working.

He then proceeded to tell me I was abusing him. I paused for a bit because I thought I heard wrong, and I said "What?" he then repeated "you are abusing me". I said "Abusing? I don't understand" I was seriously confused. He then said "Yes sir, abusing, do you not know what that means? You are abusing me"

I was so dumbfounded. I said I am not abusing you, I am hardly raising my voice. I am frustrated. He then said I was abusing him again. I was so mad I didn't say anything, I told him then I would write into his manager and hung up.

I beg of you to pull up that recording and see the absolute ridiculous nature of that call! The worst, most unprofessional thing I have ever encountered, and I have worked in customer service for years.

Amazon has lost so much respect from me. Highly disappointed.

Trevor Chorney
kaellac
6/13/18
First off I am a prime member so I pretty much never have any issue with shipping. It's always delivered on the right date, and the few times where the item came damaged or the wrong item got delivered, I had no issue returning it at all. I shop on amazon for nearly everything, I think it's one of the most trusty website out there. Just wish there was a paypal option to pay and god is it frustating to see how much cheaper everything is on amazon.com !
teresar66
6/6/18
I shop on Amazon.ca almost daily. I have purchased things like clothing, electronics, wall art, shoes, computer gadgets, quality sheets and comforters, mens work books, books, and all kinds of gadgets that I see people use but cant find in stores. Shipping is so dependable and since I am a prime member I get most products within a day or 2. I have returned a few things without any hassles. They have refunded me my money almost immediately. I cant say the same about a lot of other shop on line companies that I have used. Their costumer service is top notch, they stand behind their customers. So happy to be a frequent Amazon shopper, saves me the trouble of rushing out and fighting traffic and searching for things ... saves me time and money. Love this company!!!
tashh1
6/5/18
I am exhausted with Amazon Canada.I have had too many items marked as delivered but no item to show for it. I have specified to never leave packages outside my door but somehow drivers still do so. I specified days and times that I would be at home to receive my items yet I get emails about delivery attempts outside of those days. I spoke to one driver after he called me and he told me that he would return the following day after 4 pm but then called me at 2:35 pm at work saying he is trying to get in the building. I asked him why he couldn't drop it off at 4 pm as discussed. Reply- "I would only have your package to deliver after 4 pm, I'm done for the day," I asked him to please deliver as I used prime and needed for the next day but he said he didn't have to do that if he was done. Customer service was helpful but with time sensitivity I needed the product that evening, not a replacement or refund.
I don't understand how lax Amazon is about the drivers scanning "delivered" without actually delivering. They say "oh sometimes drivers mark items as delivered when they are not, so wait for 24hrs and see if it comes up. How is this professional???? Are they reprimanded? Clearly not. The complaints and inefficiency of the service delivery should result in mass training and practices reviewed.
I have some suggestions for the multi-million dollar company :
1. Do not allow drivers to mark items delivered when they know they did not do so. This is ridiculous. Implement penalties and better monitor the services rendered by drivers. You can track my every spending habit and predict my needs but you can't seem to accurately track drivers.
2. Provide a bigger space to disclose delivery instructions and actually insist on drivers following them.
3. Your logistics is in need of upgrading and repair. I don't know why a driver who refuses to deliver past 4 pm is given a package to deliver to someone who requests an after 4 pm delivery.
4. Do not leave packages outside apartment buildings (or use that excuse). That makes no sense.

There are many more but I am too tired.

Tip for consumers: Be very clear about delivery instructions and if you live in apartment buildings do not allow them to simply drop it outside your door.

jennifers726
6/2/18
Ordered online Prime for delivery on June 1 2018. Amazon also sent me a confirmation that my package has been delivered at the drop point address selected. Surprise! The address I went to pick up my package hasn't received my package!!!! And ironically Amazon too has no clue and can't say when my order can be delivered. Inspite of contacting an agent on June 1 2018 and receiving an email that the agent would get back to me on June 2 2018. Amazon seems to be least considered in letting their customer know that they can't deliver on their promise. No resolution absolutely!

DO NOT USE AMAZON PRIME COZ AMAZON ENSURES THE DELIVERY IS NEVER PRIME
bp85
6/1/18
In 2018, customer service, delivery and product quality has gone way way down. Third party suppliers have made it much worse.....can you say Wordery?
Just got off a call at Amazon.ca customer service trying to get a refund after no delivery. Super rude and sarcastic service guy. He put me on hold and never came back. This is the eighth call to find out whats happening. Wordery and Amazon are now both blaming the credit card company. Nothing but a runaround. Im looking for a new service.....time consuming runarounds make Amazon a thing of the past.
Account cancelled.
irinak41
5/23/18
My last 3 orders never been delivered. Every time one response - your order got stack at customs - first two orders got my money back. But last one - can't even get money back - had to claim it on some other site. Deleted my payment method - I never will come back. This is completely biggest SCAM.
majorw11
5/17/18
$41.15 for "Die Hard" in 4K...you've got to be $#*!ing $#*!ting me! No wonder why I canceled my Amazon Prime Membership earlier tonight...that along with "Saving Private Ryan" in 4K being overpriced.
sandic13
5/14/18
I ordered and was told to expect it in 4 days. Wow that sounded great. BUT wasn't expecting to receive it the next afternoon. AMAZING delivery.
dj104
5/8/18
I decided to spend money on a dash camera and paid for priority shipping only to get a piece of garbage that broke on me two days later. Now i am dealing with horrible customer service that wants me to mail it back and wait weeks for my refund. I paid for two day shipping cause i wanted my item asap. Now i have to wait over a week to get my money back and be able to buy a dash cam elsewhere. It is not my fault they sell junk that breaks down two days later...Thanks for nothing Amazon.
frankv72
5/6/18
Yesterday I needed a product in a hurry, so I chose an item that had 8 in stock and that stated "Ships from and sold by Amazon.ca". Then I chose "Express Shipping (averages 2-4 business days")
Today my order has shipped and the item now says: 7 left in stock.
The catch is that the tracking page says: Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit Columbia, SC, US. Expected arrival is in 7 days. So its not stocked in Canada at all. I haven't had this happen to me before. Usually they just hide the fact that their third-party seller is located in China.

Oddly enough Amazon.ca does not give you a place to review them or complain to them about their policies.
jeremyp34
5/1/18
Amazon.ca is another one of my favorite websites for ordering. You can find just about everything. They have good customer service.
jayb213
4/26/18
I've been an amazon customer since the 90's and have spent upwards of $10,000 there but I'm done with them. My last order was still not shipped after the supposed arrival date so I phoned them. The CSR said the order was "stuck" and I would have to re order. I didn't want to re order as the price had gone up. She said I had to. The item was still in stock and was shipped and sold by Amazon so there is no reason they couldn't honor the advertised price that I originally ordered at. If the price was an error I'd rather they be honest and say so instead of this "stuck" business. They did offer me $10 credit to re order but I refused. I think I've been a good customer, I've never returned anything or complained before. I don't want to deal with a company that has such sleazy business practices. I know they don't care if they have my business or not but the bright side is I will save a lot of money!
gwendolynm8
4/15/18
I was directed to Amazon by a well known site I wanted to order a kindle book from. By ordering it prior to the release date, I would get all sorts of freebies, including a workshop on its release date. I don't like using my credit card on line, so I purchased an amazon gift card. Unfortunately, amazon does not honour its gift cards on the purchase of pre-order products, but I didn't find this out until I tried to order the product. The company excuse was that a credit card would prove who I am, that's why it was required. Really? An Amazon gift card on account means Amazon has the money, isn't that the idea? Give money, get product. So now Amazon has my $25, but I cannot order my $16 product while it is on pre-release sale and I miss out on the freebies. Amazon.ca - your policy of not accepting gift cards unless a credit card accompanies it, makes me question why you want the credit card because giving a credit card number does not prove my identity.
I called Amazon.ca again to see if I could get help resolving the issue, and was told they need a credit card because they might use it instead of the gift card, even if I choose the payment to be with the gift card, and they said there is no one who can help with this issue. Lesson learned - don't buy Amazon.ca gift cards because Amazon might not honour them.
I emailed the seller of the product about my problem. Several hours later I received 2 emails from 2 different Amazon reps apologizing for the inconvenience while informing me that I cannot use one type of PayPal, but I can use a different type of PayPal. Thanks for the options, but I did not ask about PayPal. The next day the book was released & I was able to use the gift card without a credit card number, despite being told the day before that I would still probably need a credit card. So in the end, I was able to purchase the product with a gift card & no credit card. I just wish it had been easier from the start.
ritae5
3/6/18
I can find just about anything on Amazon at great prices.
A well reputable and trustworthy website.
kaoruk
2/27/18
So far Amazon is the best online store as of today. You could compare products in different prices. If you always order online then you should get a Prime so delivery is free and fast. If you have problems you could easily return it and they will provide you return documents so you pay nothing. You could track your orders and if you are a Prime member then the most late it has to be delivered to you is in 2 days, that include Saturdays and Sundays. I already ordered over 500 items with them and I only got 2 items with problem (both swimsuit for my wife), seller send the wrong size but they ask me to keep both of it and they both send another with the right size that I have ordered.

Tip for consumers: Use Prime for fast and free shipping.

amyy20
2/19/18
I used to order from amazon.ca on an almost weekly basis and I had an Amazon Prime account that was well worth the money. In the last eight months or so I have ordered a handful of times and have not renewed my prime membership. Their prices fluctuate so much and majority of the time their prices or slightly higher or the same price as their competitors (sometimes there prices are so outrageous it is laughable...and I am talking about both fulfilled by and shipped by Amazon items). If you do not have a prime account and choose the Free Standard shipping the orders take over a week to receive (my last two orders each took 8 business days). Prior to my prime membership free standard standard shipping would be received within 3-4 business days. They also used to have a chat option if you were having issues with your order, which was super convenient and quick. Now the only options are email or phone. I find I really have to make sure to read product descriptions and watch the return policy on each item. All of the changes made make it less attractive to order from here when I can order from a competitor for the same price or less with faster shipping.
sergec10
1/25/18
Do not buy anything from Amazon.ca. Besides having prices that are outrageously higher than Amazon.com (for the same item) they do not stand by the products they sell. If you buy something on their site that carries a warranty, you will not be able to enforce that warranty if something goes wrong with the product, even if the product breaks down well within the warranty period. They tell you their website has limitations that prevent them from doing so. I call that fraud. Now you know how Bezos got so rich - by ripping off consumers and not paying their taxes like other retailers. The time has come to crack down on these people.
staceya28
1/25/18
Purchased many items from Amazon.ca. Until recently I have never had an issue, well maybe some late shipments.

I have been trying to get a refund from a supplier(Online Happy Shopping, name now changed on item list) that does not return any emails. Notified Amazon CS. CS are not getting a response from them either. They said they would ensure a refund and started a claim. Well one month later and nothing. I could not leave any valuable consumer feedback regarding the supplier or product either. Feedback was not constructive??? I believe it was??? That's why I am here.

Another purchased item has proven defective for me. I now have to pursue the manufacturer for warranty. Only 30 day money back.

The amounts I have saved on these defective purchases doesn't offset the hassle and inconveniences i have experienced.

I have read that "sold and shipped only" through Amazon is the way to go. Not sure if that would eliminate all hassles but it may help.

Both of my bad experiences have involved third parties. I recommend staying away from them and will do so myself from now on.

I have enjoyed buying on amazon.ca up until these instances. Where is paypal?? I see why they aren't involved. I will proceed with caution when purchasing from this point and search locally for items. A good lesson to learn to set me back to the way I used to but things. Shopping with my feet not my fingers....oh I miss the 80's....
bryanw44
12/29/17
Just cancelled an Amazon Prime free trial and closed my account. I had the Prime for a month, in fact it ended yesterday. In that time, I've had 3 orders that were given "guaranteed delivery dates" that weren't met. And each time they said "oh, it's just an isolated incident, we promise you won't have any more experiences like that with Amazon.ca."
Well, today I hit the final straw. I had an order that was supposed to be in today, but now they're saying I have to wait into the new year. The live chat "manager" CUT THE CONVERSATION on me and refused to resolve the issue beyond giving me a minuscule store credit... so they can sell me more garbage with a promised delivery date they can miss.
If you're extremely patient, this company might be worth your while, and if you don't mind paying $79 a year for "guaranteed two-day shipping" that, in reality, will take a lot closer to four to seven days, then it's the perfect place for you.
They're liars, they'll do and say anything to shut you up (except give you a refund) and they don't care at all about their customers. The lower employees (the ones who answer the live chats in general) are kind, apologetic and respectful, but the higher-ups are jerks, plain and simple.
Disgusted with this company, never again will they get a penny out of me. All they care about is your money and they'll sell you any lie they can think of to get it from your hands faster. BUYER BEWARE.
ts260
12/23/17
I decided to buy a last minute Christmas gift for my nephew from Amazon Canada on December 17th. Amazon stated that "This Item will Arrive Before Christmas" so long as I paid for extra "Express 2 day shipping." I paid the extra cost for the 2-day shipping and expected the item on Dec 20th.

As of the December the 23rd (3 days after "guaranteed delivery date"), no item. Then an email from Amazon stating "We recently learned that we may miss your delivery promise for your Amazon.ca Order and apologize for the inconvenience."

According to the tracking number of the carrier, the item hadn't even left the warehouse!!

It's really very simple Amazon Canada: if you can't keep a delivery commitment, don't make that commitment in the first place.

Now I am out in the crowded, chaotic Christmas rush looking for a replacement gift in a store.

I am so angry at Amazon Canada over this incident that I will not be shopping with them again anytime soon.

Update: After some emails back and forth, Amazon agreed to refund my money, and the refund has been put through on my card. I received no explanation from them as to why the item never shipped.

Tip for consumers: Don't trust anything they say on delivery schedules, especially if it involves buying a gift for a critical date (Christmas, someones birthday, Valentines, etc).

stevev48
12/22/17
Never buy from a third party and Amazon was useless at helping with the situation.Shop local waaaaaaaay less headaches.
mystu
12/12/17
Everyone single book I have ordered for Amazon in the past few years had bent corners, pages or stains.

Also, they care enough to let you know a few days later your order was cancelled when your credit card transaction wasn't approved but not enough to remind you what was in the order. That's amazing when you have a lot of orders going.
3 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Don't believe their delivery guarantee. They are late 4/10 times and are unremorseful for it

By Debbie f.

I've never had to pay duty on anything from Amazon.ca, even if it was shipped from another country.

By Chris L.

Used to be but appears they may be changing their policies which effects anyone using the free shipping. The warehouse is in Brampton.

By Mary L.

Happened to me. Just another sneaky way that Amazon operates. Welcome to the club.

By Danilo M.

Certainly unfair.

By Chris l.

Questions? Get answers from the Amazon.ca staff and other customers.

14 Photos for Amazon.ca