Review of Amazon.ca

410 Terry Avenue North
Seattle, WA 98109, US

georgea227
11/11/18
Lost multiple packages and then refunded me except I lost 2 weeks waiting for these items and now they are not on special anymore. Do not buy from them.
opin
11/11/18
Amazon's shipping reliability is abysmal, especially when using same day / next day delivery. 5 out of 10 of my last same-day or next day delivery, did not arrive either on time or at all. When amazon ships with regular prime 2 days, never a problem thanks to Canada Post (i never thought I would say that in my lifetime but it's true). HOWEVER, when it comes to same/next day delivery, their different services are a lottery. If you get Intelcom Express, you are in luck, they are great, but if you get Dynamex, you get nothing but lies and pure fabrication of delivery attempts that were never made or successful deliveries that were not made (i know, I have CCTV). Until Amazon let's me pick my same day carrier, even at an extra charge, then I will go back to brick and mortar. Amazon customer service, other than being great at apologizing, are totally useless. I spend an average of 1K/month on Amazon, but i really have to say that their service went drastically bad in the last 2 years and I will encourage my local stores, even if it means paying more... We cannot let Amazon kill the competition, then take a dump on us.
andriesd3
11/10/18
Placed an order for approximately $700.00 (gifts for grand kids etc.), and Amazon split my order and charge me a ridiculous fee for delivery. I called the call center and was told they are checking my order because it's a high amount and I should wait a couple of days for them to check me out. HELLO, I've been shopping with AMAZON for years, why did they not call me??? Best to shop elsewhere.
pierrem57
11/5/18
One star is generous but there is no option to give none.
I made a purchase on Amazon.ca. I live in Canada.
Because I had bought a rescue policy for a hard drive that self-destructed within weeks and no-one was able to help me with data recovery, I received a gift certificate by Amazon. Nice gesture I thought - Not really as it turns out!
I tried to redeem the gift card - with help from a customer service representative who could see my order and see that I was in Canada.
I gave him my credit card number because I purchased $120 to redeem the $100 gift card.
Turns out I was suckered. Amazon charged me the full $120 of my purchase and is now telling me that I need to open a US Amazon account to redeem the gift card there. And of course pay duties on whatever I buy.
I have spent over an hour on chat so far .... being bounced between Amazon.com and Amazon.ca - to no results so far. Not sure I will ever see that gift certificate. If I do ... it will NOT have been worth the time it cost me.
Incredible that people think this is the future of shopping.
gordonm96
11/2/18
Pre ordered game. Received two emails 10minutes apart. #1 ran out of your product will ship when available. #2 your order cancelled becauae your credit card declined. Crdit cars worked the week before and the week after. They will not answer questions on this. Prime is a joke.
kevinm698
10/26/18
Just like everyone, my favorite online shopping app. The customer support, always helpful and i receive product on time. Thanks :)
ashv6
10/25/18
I am prime member. On Monday I have placed an order for a monitor as a gift on I see the delivery shows it's arriving on Monday so I cancelled the the order and replaced it and selected 2 day shipping and gurantee delivery today(Thursday).

Yesterday when I checked the status of my order it showed it arriving again on Monday.

I called customer service and spoke to Meeka and she promised to follow up on this today and promised a delivery today.

No response from her, I spoke to chat 4 different times and no answer I see no effort no empathy no initiative - Brian, Curtis very ignorant - they told me Meeka will follow up and she never followed. Finally I ask to escalate the issue and I spoke Brandon the " highest level" and after explaining him how important this item for me to get it today for a kid birthday and I promised him, the site showed me guarantee delivery today.

Brandon said that it's with purolator and he offerred me $50 - I asked him that I will extra money but I want the item today

He said that all he can do and now I am seeing he cancelled my order without my confirmation. You think throwing some discount makes customers happy ???? That not true in every situation.

AMAZON - If you see this review then understand we order and opt for prime because you advise and promise delivery what you mention not delaying the item for one week and say prime benefits

Also educate your reps to DO NOT MAKE FALSE PROMISES WHEN YOU CANT FULLFILL

I have cancelled my prime memebership and all my preorders NEVER GONNA SHOP FOR AMAZON.CA AGAIN

This is my order: **************619
Email: *****@gmail.com
jf276
10/16/18
I recently ordered a book from Amazon.ca, this was to see if they were fast as Indigo. I paid for the fastest shipping option they had available, but for some reason this hasn't helped them ship it faster. They just can't seem to compete with Indigo, it was my mistake to think they could. Nice website, lots of products, but I think it was a bad idea to try buying from them. I'll consider them for other things, but they lost me when it comes to buying books. Don't pay for the premium shipping method, it's not worth it.
nicolen76
10/15/18
I have Prime and like others it's lacking in timely delivery. I also put a note on my account to put the boxes in the parcel box below the mailbox but somehow they can't read English and deposit in plain view behind my mailbox or at the door. For some reason I can no longer post reviews (posted over 500, mainly books) and bought 5919 items in the last 3 years. Now all my reviews are erased and there's no appeal to their decision even though I have no idea what I did wrong. Next payment for Prime will be cancelled and I will find my stuff elsewhere. I'm a professional reader and they just cut off one of my main plane for reviews.
cheryld144
10/5/18
I thought Amazon was suppose to be superior to other delivering methods on the market. Don't be fooled. Their staff are so inefficient and incompetent that they can not ha Nile the simplest of inquiry. If you though that "chatting" with a associate would resolve your inquiry, think again. When you hire staff, hire them because they can do the job not the colour of their skin. Not at all impressed.
samanthad104
10/5/18
So I bought diaper (Subscribe) and I have a Student Prime membership so I thought I would have access to the 20% off (Unfortunately you don't, I learned that after). My Student prime membership that was going to expire in APRIL 2019 was canceled and changed for a Prime membership (90,83$ charged on my credit card). I contacted the customer service to tell them that it was a mistake and that I didn't want the Prime membership and just my normal Student prime that I already paid for. They send me an email the next day saying they canceled the 90,83$ but that I need to send proof for the new student prime membership because my 6 months free were expired (I KNOW I PAID FOR 1 YEAR). I contacted them again telling them that I already paid for the student prime membership for a year (Until April 2019). The guy told me it was going to be fixed and that I was going to have my Student Prime membership. The next day I see 44,84$ has been charged (A full year of Student prime membership). I called them and tell them that I don't have to be charged cause I already paid until April 2018. The guy understands, tells me he's gonna refund me the prime membership and now I see he refunded 24,66$. It means he refunded for 7 months. He charged me for 17 months so technically it would work but he canceled my student prime subscription, so now I'm here with 65,02$ paid for 17 months (5 months used) but without a prime subscription. Now I'm still waiting for a manager to contact me and fix a simple request that got all messed up.

P.s: I have proof that I paid in April for a full year.

Update:
He refunded 24,66$ on the wrong credit card.
haroldl40
9/20/18
• Updated review
I had purchased a case for my Oculus Rift S headset from Urbansun through Amazon.ca which at the time stated for $12.98 they could deliver the product to me with in a few days. I waited the stated time period and then contacted them to ask where my shipment was and was advised by Urbansun that they had made an error on the Amazon.ca web site and the goods would not arrive on time but would arrive from China within a few weeks. I had asked for a refund on the express shipment cost of the $12.98 and they advised they would provide me with a credit once I received the goods. ( was dealing with Eva and Abby at the Urbansun should had know by then there was a problem not issuing the credit right away) Just want to let everyone know beware of this vendor they will not keep to their written word. I after several months waiting for my credit ( which they stated in a email they had already processed )and asking them why they offered a credit for $10.00 not the $12.98 after they stated they would refund shipping.When I suggested I would contact Amazon and have them look into this problem I was giving a credit right away for $10.00. It's not the $2.98 that I need its the principal that they are not keeping their word.( I will stated here that the product they supplied was of good quality) .I get the following response and I quote

"Sorry for your inconvenience.
We had contact before if there have any ways to make up for your disappointment?
Will still issue free shipping if you willing help to remove negative review.
Best wishes
Abby "

You can see if I will remove my review of their poor service from Amazon they will refund the balance of my credit. So beware of dealing with Urbansun via Amazon.ca.
“Service Reps make statements that Amazon corporate will not back up”
9/20/18
• Previous review
IT all started when I purchased a 3d printer, upon arrive I discovered that I could not level one of the corners of the printing bed. Thinking that I was new to the printer I was making a major mistake in the leveling process so for 3 weeks I tried to correct the problem to finally discover it was a defective unit and decided to return the unit to Amazon and purchase a new unit ( unit cost is around $750.00) I talked to nice lady called Soorya and she advised I could not replace the unit as it was from a 3 party but she could suggest I get a full refund and then re-order a new one. I told her I didn't want to order another unit at that cost and have the two on my credit card unit the return completed. She told me once I had taken the unit to the postal office and they could confirm it was on its way to contact Amazon and they would help me with a full refund so I could go ahead and purchase the second unit and only have the one charge on my credit card. So as of September 16 I contacted Amazon talked to Naveena and she now advises they can't issue the credit as per Sorya and it would be the normal 14 days from receipt of goods at their warehouse, upon questioning her on Sorya statement she offered to provide me with a credit in 3-5 business days from receipt of my goods. I wasn't happy so asked to chat with her next level of authority and was pass on to Robert. Glad I went up the ladder because all he said was it would take 14 days from receipt of the goods at their warehouse? As you can see it just gets better and better every time you talk to someone !!! I guess I would like to warn everyone that reads this review that Amazon can't backup any of their employees statements and they seem to just tell you want you want to hear and not react to a customers request. I have spent thousands of dollars with Amazon and I am starting to think its time to start thinking if a person should purchase any items from the on-line giant that Amazon has become. I would have happily lived with the 14 day wait period if two of their service reps had not promised me shorter wait times when I ask. Just wondering how many more people out there are having the same or similar problems with Amazon.ca?
angelj29
9/14/18
In may my amazon account was hacked and a charge and a purchase was made on the credit card I had on file on their website. The hackers sent the bought items to my home. I sent the items back to amazon and till this date my credit card has not been reimbursed to my credit card. Amazon is not safe any more. Customer service is useless. They do nothing to help you. They do not even have access to the warehouse to see if they received your exchange or when you are going to get refunded as an example. If you use amazon for a purchase get a gift card. DO NOT LEAVE YOUR CREDIT CARD OR DEBIT CARD ON THEIR WEBSITE
richardz13
9/6/18
Overall amazon.ca is a great site to deal with. i have had a couple of instances where the seller was absolutely misleading in the item they were selling. Each time when Amazon was advised they promptly investigated and issued me a refund.

The only downside to Amazon these days is that they demand your CC in order to buy anything from their site. (They used to accept paypal). If you don't have a CC forget about buying anything from their site.
amandar110
9/4/18
Amazon is a great site! They always have what I am looking for at comparable pricing. Not everything I have received was in A1 condition, but they are quick to help resolve any issues. Free shipping over $35 is great and my fiance has the Prime membership which is wonderful.
chantals13
9/4/18
I just love this place for all these:
Shop at home, find everything you're looking for, very fast delivery at low cost (most of the time free), very good prices and good quality too!

Thamk
jt168
9/2/18
Purchased a product from a vendor on Amazon.ca, vendor ended up being a fraudulent company out of China who was shipping defective products and then not issuing refunds. Not only that, but they were instructing unhappy customers to ship (at my cost) the product back to them to an address in Canada, turns out the address was just some random person's house in Scarborough, this poor person has been getting hundred of packaged returned to them, this is their home and they have called the police, on my end I contacted amazon and actually had to argue for a refund, i was told all along the way that I would also get the shipping costs returned, except when I got my refund there was no shipping costs, only the cost of the product, last angry call to amazon I was made to feel as if I was the problem, as if Amazon had done everything according to their "protocol" and that they would be doing me a "favour" if they gave me back the shipping costs, adding insult to injury if I wanted my shipping costs back I was going to have to call Billing Dept and arrange that myself, and of course the customer service department can't transfer me, and oh yeah they only work certain hours. Never in my life had I had such disgusting customer service, and never again will I trust that Amazon is the "secure" shopping site that they claim they are, WOW Amazon ....major big fail on the customer service attitude, you did NOT protect me, and you did NOT treat me right when I became the victim of fraud as a result. I WILL NEVER SHOP ON AMAZON AGAIN !!
neoa2
8/23/18
No matter how many times I've complained, they still leave my boxes on my steps outside. Even if it will rain that day.. no matter the value.. they just don't care. I have an enclosed porch... just open door, and place on floor - simple but nope, they have the worst delivery. Customer service says they will ensure it doesn't happen again.. it's bs... they do nothing and it will continue to happen. I've decided to shop elsewhere from now on.
garym418
8/23/18
I purchased an item with express delivery. The price for express delivery was more then the item - $64. It was extremely important to get it in a couple of days. Unfortunately, the seller was in the US (very difficult to tell where the seller is located before purchase) and the item would not get here for 7 days. To top it off the USPS sent it to the UK.

This is the 2nd time I have experienced delivery problems. The last time, after 3 weeks of not getting the item, I gave up and asked for a refund. Which took another 2 weeks.

I can buy items from online stores with locations in the Canada and get it in 3 days. I bought a carpet from Pottery Barn in California and got it in 5 days. I dont know what Amazon does to make shipping so slow, but I will never ever buy from it again.
walterl64
8/20/18
I had never had a problem until I joined Amazon Prime, but I believe you should get the service you paid for. Most of the items never arrive with their same day or 2 day guarantee, but my most recent order takes the cake.

I had ordered a camping stove early July for a mid August trip with their 2 day delivery guarantee, but it did not arrived as promised. The order was delayed twice (1.5 weeks later) and before I contacted their CS via online chat. Their representative advised me there's an error with Amazon systems and told me to cancel the order and reorder it. He promised that the order will be fine. Alas, the next order failed the same way, and I was told to repeat the same steps -3rd order by now and 3 weeks wasted.

I am quite frustrated by now with them reassuring the same thing won't happen again, and I was sure it's going to happen again, but I figure I will play along since there's time left till mid August. My fear was right, and I chose to all them this time. The representative at the India call centre did nothing but read me lines from a script just as useless as the the online chat representatives. This time however the representative, Jesse. said my order fee will be waived and promised the item will get there on time, and gave me a 5 dollar credit to my account (this is a trap, don't accept it).

Alas, my order is going on a continuous loop of delays, and I went back online and asked for a manager to deal with this. The self-claimed manager, Xlo, told me we will have to wait for the order to loop 1 more time before she can send a ticket to the delivery department, and confirmed that they will listen to the last call and Honor their one time fee waived due to my troubles. I was not happy and couldn't understand why she can't sunbit the ticket now. I asked her to review all 3 of my orders as proof that the orders are looping in error and delays so she can submit the ticket now. But she came back and told me that it's my fault that I cancelled my orders in the first place. I was furious and clapped back at her that it was her colleagues that advised me to, and furthered demanded that she take back her accusation. I told her that management needs to retrain her staff if they are providing incorrect solutions to customers, and she has the nerve to tell me that sometimes cancelling orders are the only way. I didn't want to argue with her any longer, and said I will follow up again once the order loops again.

The order failed to deliver again, and I simply asked them to check the notes for the ticket. It doesn't matter though since my trip was the following day. I figure no matter, I will just get the stove free when I retuebas they had promised. The order arrived during my vacation, and as expected they had charge my card. I call Amazon back upon my return for a refund, but they had erased all their logs by then. Another self-claimed manager, Rohit, was super unhelpful. He did not bother going through the records, also claim there were no logs, nor the employees with names I had wmntioned that ever worked there. He advised me that they can't waive the fee due to the previous complimentary $5 reimbursement (refer to me claiming this a trap earlier, this was all planned by Amazon) . Honestly, no one cares about that 5 bucks since everyone wants their item delivered, so they should shove it up their ass. I just didn't bother and hang up since it's a lost cause. The thing that made me most furious is their constant lies and script reading. I don't care for the free item, or $5 coupon. It's the principle, not the money.

Bye Amazon Prime, stick with regular Amazon, it's the same $#*!.
gregb274
8/17/18
Amazon charged me for Prime which i did not buy. I am lucky i even realized and saw the charge to my credit card. I called customer service and it is going to take 5 business days to get my money that they stole returned back to me. This is absolutely unacceptable as I have things i need to pay for with that money. Will never buy anything from amazon ever again.
constanceu3
8/9/18
In terms of product sales, most Amazon.ca products I ordered that were shipped from Canada or US were good, quality products and returns are not a problem. The overseas sellers- across the globe and I won't mention the countries are not trustworthy so check the seller first before ordering. About the delivery service, that's bad.
It's no wonder a lot of Canadians would rather shop in the US even if it's just Walmart. If you factor in the exchange rate and customer service the US is still ahead.
Amazon.ca has very bad delivery service. The delivery contractors and staff Amazon.ca hire are lazy with no initiative to make effort to deliver, they make excuses after excuses. Canada Post is so bad that no wonder that most of their jobs are no longer supported by Canadians.
Then there are those contractors- even worse!. It's easier to drive to the US to pick up your stuff at least you'll be told it's in the depot. In the US, we get our stuff on time, we gas up which is way cheaper than Canada and we still have the chance to buy groceries that are expensive if you were to buy them in Canada. It looks like Canadians patronize American business. Until Amazon discipline their people, many customers would jump ship to amazon.com
johnm2201
7/17/18
I bought a scope for a new rifle that had not come in yet. 4 weeks passed and finally my rifle showed up. Mounted the scope and find the scope defective, will not hold zero. Get in touch with seller, northern shipments a seller thru Amazon and they say toobad it's over 30 day return period. Explain to them the situation and still too bad for you. Get in touch with Amazon and their guarantee department and they say TOO BAD you have to keep the defective scope. I have been a good customer with Amazon and that's the way they treat you. Never buy from them again and will report this deal to every reveiw site I can find. Buyer beware of Amazon and northern shipments.
brendao40
7/16/18
I had some items in my basket from yesterday to purchase, and today at the start of Amazon prime special deals day, the items have increased in price!!!
One item was $99 now gone up to $238 without any notice and it was not a special trial offer price.
The other was $39.99 and gone up to $59.99 BUT you get a 15% Prime day discount. How is this legally possible!!!
aprilej
7/10/18
Purchased a jacket for over $90.00 CAD. Jacket did not fit. Received a shipping label to return it only to find out was not an International shipping label. Contacted Amazon right away. It has now been over three 3 months and I still have the jacket in the package and no refund from Amazon. I have contacted them over six times and nothing. Their A to Z guarantee means nothing. Buyer Beware as Amazon has not and appears will not stand up for you with the seller even though you made the purchase from them.
3 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Don't believe their delivery guarantee. They are late 4/10 times and are unremorseful for it

By Debbie f.

I've never had to pay duty on anything from Amazon.ca, even if it was shipped from another country.

By Chris L.

Used to be but appears they may be changing their policies which effects anyone using the free shipping. The warehouse is in Brampton.

By Mary L.

Happened to me. Just another sneaky way that Amazon operates. Welcome to the club.

By Danilo M.

Certainly unfair.

By Chris l.

Questions? Get answers from the Amazon.ca staff and other customers.

14 Photos for Amazon.ca