Review of Amazon.ca

410 Terry Avenue North
Seattle, WA 98109, US

shikl
2/15/19
changed my email address withoout my permission. retail dept was helpful but the acct dept did not want to speak to me as to what to do.
I cancelled my credit card. open a new amazon acct, saw 2 email addresses one belongs to me.
shawnb168
2/6/19
I have abosolutly nothing bad to say about amazon..

whenever I have had a issue they have gone out of there way to make sure I was taken care of.. provided contact information email links etc, provided shipping and even offer to reimburse if the original seller refused.. and I am yet to have a issue with any of the sellers..

They have let me try amazon prime more than one for free.. I don't have wifi at my house so I can't really reek the benefit

As far as price goes I am already aware of a price before I start looking.. if your going in blind...well..

They provide me with answers when I had questions, ask questions from me for other people about product I have bought.. this I like..

I do live in remote area and shipping is shipping.. let's be honest once it's left the building it's kinda out of Amazon's hands as far as shipping goes.. and I'm betting they eat alot of shipping..

So many times I've gone out of my way to make sure I buy from the little guy and feed small business.. but at the same time the moment there's a problem .... it's your problem...

If your in retail customer service is everything
adamj181
1/30/19
I have been a Amazon Canada Prime member for years and the trend I see since recently is the quality of the stuff for sale. Within last two months I had to return two items because of their poor quality and the incorrect description.

To me it's very clear a whole bunch of sketchy eBay sellers are evading Amazon now with their crappy products sold at much higher prices.You can actually see this if you read the product description, incorrect and broken English - the same style you see on eBay.

And the shipping is another story, I'm a Prime member but I had to wait for 6 days to get some of the stuff delivered.

I started to shop at real brick and mortar stores dealing with real people, and I won't be renewing my prime membership this year.
colinb146
1/24/19
I needed two items by a certain date, Amazon tracking had the packages coming before that date, the shipper claimed to had tried to deliver the package before that date even though I was home the entire day the shipper claimed to had tried to deliver it. Then Amazon and the shipper claimed that the day Amazon had the package tracked to actually arrive is the one day it couldn't arrive, which was the day after the shipper claimed to had tried to deliver the order. Called Amazon customer service, which was all apologetic but could do nothing but try and shut me up with a $10 gift card. I returned the order because it won't make it in time, in 3-5 business days my credit card is suppose to be refunded and
I said they could keep their gift card. I would rather them realize that I am not satisfied with their incompetent service than have them thinking that $10 gift cards can make unsatisfied customers shut up.
anni10
1/21/19
Amazon use to be the good and cheapest now they are getting greedy.
Save your money and buy directly from the seller and skip Amazon all together!Pleas stop purchase form Amazon and support small business,
jeant81
1/19/19
The title says it all! I am not impressed. I never received my package then when I place a review saying nothing more than: "I never received my package." My comment alledgedly don't follow the guidelines... really?!
ivyc15
1/8/19
I did place the number 6 shoes on Dec 22, with Amazon.ca, I only need to pay $51.25 with tax, I got the shoes yesterday was number 8 on Dec 31, How come I call on Dec 31, the customer services did not tell me if I return the shoes, I will not get the replacement, I better to keep the shoes, you pay the good due, if you return, we will only get the refund $51.25, will not send the replacement I did mail back the shoes to them, they said did change to the other seller, we will not sent me new replacements, if I want to buy the same shoes, I need to pay $286.05 + Tax, I only can get the refund once I send the in-correct shoes back to them. I did return the shoes to you since Jan 1, they should got the shoes already, I did check your inventory, how come Amazon.ca did not get one size 8 show on line, I think did send to new seller already, so your company can sell to the new buyer more money, this is the way you do the business?, Unacceptable. Like a spam, Amazon.com, did take of my review, they only want to show the good review, the take off the bad one. Tell you need to follow their guidelines, no once know how to do, if you want their help, they said, you can check on line
pierrickd
1/5/19
A was advised by Occulus. So I purchased it, but I looked for more information just after to purchase it. The customers were saying that this product is not so good for the occulus rift.
Only 15 minutes, I tried to cancel it. I was no able to do it. I contacted just after the customer service. They tried, but they didn t success. They told me that that they will cancel the full order. I had just to contact the when the package would be shipped.
Unhappily I trusted them. I did another order with the right product, I also purchased again the other product. They told me that they will cancel the full package.

But the next day, I contacted them again, they were not able to cancel the package and they didn t give me the refund. Now, I am just pissed off.

Don t think, that you can cancel an order, it is not true. If I was purchasing this product in a physical store, I would have been able to take it back for free. With Amazon, you can t.

If it is possible to have your product for the same price in a physical shop, just do it, it is better.
jeanr130
12/29/18
I was looking for a book "the turtle way" the price in amazon Canada was 20.69$, but I pay Prime so I filter to see how much is using the servíce I paid annually and save the shipping cost, the price of the same book through amazon prime is 29.39$
tuulah
12/28/18
tried to order an msi video card from their site. My credit card was declined twice without a reason. There is absolutely nothing wrong with my card (used it afterward to purchase the item from another online vendor without any issues) Tried to use another card and got a new error this time restricting me to 0 of the items. I contacted their support and was told that this was a limited item and i could only purchase 1. since i had tried and couldnt due to some issue with my credit card (which definitely was on their end) the failed attempt counted as my one purchase and i was no longer able to buy it! WTH??? I took my purchase to newegg where i used the same credit card without any issues to purchase the item.
This is ridiculous! Terrible customer service!
seang121
12/27/18
Ordered item for xmas. Tracking showed item delivered to Purolator depot 1 hour drive from my house. Amazon rep apologized for it, even though this is the 2nd time this has happened and they told me they'd correct it. Drove an hour to pick it up ony to find out it was at a different location an hour and a half away this time. I drive an hour home .Amazon apologized again for innacurate information. Cancelled item .
I've been an Amazon customer for a long time. I've had no complaints until the last couple of years.
jeanb203
12/27/18
Amazon used to be awesome but last year service has been awful and customer service are a joke. Shipping times are ridiculous and trying to cancel an order is like pulling teeth now.
jonathonm38
12/23/18
I never been so disappointed, discouraged, and angry in all my years shopping at stores. It started 7 (and still going) days ago when we found out that my sons amazon account was locked/frozen after he purchased Christmas presents for his family with his hard earn money. I feel that we have been wasting our time on the phone just to get the run around as some employees like to brush off this issue off without giving any positive results.
martyb60
12/18/18
Be careful! looks like Amazon.ca allows international sellers to post with no obvious indication that they are international. You only find out when the delivery arrives and you get nailed for customs fees. Shame on Amazon for allowing this and Shame on Seller for not posting this info. Any honest sellers out there?? I'm happy to do honest business with them so they can profit and I can save.
nelr
12/13/18
Amazon is great. I ordered Moodeng Womens Snow Boots on Monday, Dec 10, 2018
and I got it 2 days later, Dec 12. Wow, it's super fast delivery considering it's Christmas season, busiest time of the year. And my boots is perfect, so soft inside and so comfy.
I love it. I ordered many things from Amazon.ca, Amazon.com, and Amazon.de and I never have an issue and so far this latest order is the fastest. :)
buttf2
12/11/18
Buy from anyone else other than Amazon.ca. Bunch of robots that don't give $#*! about when they deliver your order, even if you are on amazon prime. Never helpful.
alexandral38
12/10/18
I placed three orders this year. One was delivered a month after its initial expected delivery date, one was canceled with no reason and one was 2.5 weeks late. Amazon Canada isn't reliable. Their customer service is useless and no help at all, they gave me $5 coupon for the "disappointment" (what a joke). Their service is horrible to regular customers, maybe it's a strategy to get them to subscribe to the premium service. They should have the same respect for ALL their customers. I would have rated 0 star if I could.
huongl2
12/5/18
The worst ever, I got charged amazon prime membership by accident which I did cancel long time ago and tried get a refund. Sent email, called them twice and explained about it all over again and again and have not got it done yet. That is why this 2019 I will not Order anything from Amazon.ca
nadirm11
12/5/18
Amazon is the best in the business. Very reliable and always great customer support. My go to place when i want to order something essential.
stevec562
12/4/18
I ordered a Daiwa fishing reel that was on sale in the warehouse section. It was regularly 299.00 on sale for 230.00. I thought it might be a good deal. Wrong. The parcel I received contained a Daiwa box with an Okuma reel in it worth about 80.00. The reel box even had a sticker on it saying it was Amazon inspected for quality and accuracy. What a joke. Either their employees can't read or one of their employees made a switch and basically stole the Daiwa reel. This is obviously going back. No quality control.
justinm238
12/3/18
Excellent experience , They themselves are a great company , I am happy shopping from Amazon , Buy on Amazon with confidence.
justins331
11/25/18
Tried to purchase an item for a black Friday, it was in my cart, and I was seconds away from paying for it. After taxes and shipping and everything else, the grand total was $257, a pretty decent deal. I go to pay and the page suddenly disappears... I check the original listing page again to see what happened, and the BASE advertised price is now $399.91! I contacted Amazon to ask what's going on and how to complete my order, and they told me prices just change on you sometimes, and that I should get f***ed. Bought somewhere else instead. Be careful that the price doesn't suddenly change on you as you pay, you could end up paying a lot more than you thought...
superkamerickw
11/14/18
Any other site would make sure you had a preordered game or movie ON release day. But with amazon. They are at least 3 days behind. Avoid all preorders if you want it when it is released. Better to just order from Walmart or just go get it yourself. Too much hassle
aimeew24
11/13/18
Amazon believes if the shipper just drops off parcel on porch and it disappears it is my problem. I didn't receive my item...I am out money....but not their problem. So for all I know shipper could say it was delivered and walk away with it or a person on the street can walk up and help themselves. At least Canada post puts it between doors or leaves a pick up at outlet card. I am out money and they don't care.
I used to be really happy with Amazon. This has caused me to want to close my account and I spend a good deal on this site
nadines35
11/12/18
Don't get Prime, skip the agravation, it is not worth the money they charge you. They don't respect shipping time anymore. More often than not you will get it late for sure. Many other good shopping sites now plus a lot of the stores have free shipping now.
3 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Don't believe their delivery guarantee. They are late 4/10 times and are unremorseful for it

By Debbie f.

I've never had to pay duty on anything from Amazon.ca, even if it was shipped from another country.

By Chris L.

Used to be but appears they may be changing their policies which effects anyone using the free shipping. The warehouse is in Brampton.

By Mary L.

Happened to me. Just another sneaky way that Amazon operates. Welcome to the club.

By Danilo M.

Certainly unfair.

By Chris l.

Questions? Get answers from the Amazon.ca staff and other customers.

14 Photos for Amazon.ca