Review of Rakuten

800 Concar Dr
San Mateo, CA 94402, USA
Tel: 415 908-2200
Youtube video thumbnail
$10 Sign up bonus for New Customers!
Join Now

brianr463
6/16/19

I really enjoy the deals and cash back from this site. Whenever I'm waiting for something to go on sale it's usually Rakuten that ends up discounting the item first so I give them my business. The cash back is just icing on the cake.

jl364
6/15/19

I appreciate the service and rebates, but I've had to request the credit manually for several orders. It's a hassle to have to monitor and reconcile.

gerryw22
6/13/19

Tractor Supply always has my merchandise ready for pickup, are very pleasant to work with and have never made an error in my orders.

teris67
6/12/19

Cash back for purchases, what could be better! Coupons and other offers for your choice if merchants! I highly recommend this site!

evac72
6/12/19

Client Services took care of my issue quick and professionally, from the initial call to the end result- Thank you!

elisak7
6/11/19

Have used ebates and now Rakuten for years and usually have no issues when it comes to rebates owed or asking why i haven't been credited yet.

arleneg27
6/10/19

I've logged into a site, clicked the rebate banner then ordered and paid for a few items. However, the rebate was not added to my account. Not sure what went wrong.

carolynm321
6/10/19

Used to be called Ebates and now Rakuten, Easy to shop thru the links and get a rebate. I don't know why every one doesn't use it. I try to use companies associated with them to increase my rebate.

kristenz6
6/10/19

Easy to shop and get cash back!
Plus you can earn extra rewards by inviting friends to Rakuten!
Endless ways to earn cash back.

cassij
6/10/19

Have used Ebates for years, no problems, good deals. The new name change is no problem, as long as the deals stay great!

franc51
6/10/19

Like getting cash back for the items I buy. Just wish all the stores I shop at were participating. Also, sometimes the store's cash back terms are too detailed and restrictive for me to take advantage of their offers.

margareth252
6/10/19

I received an email from Rakuten advising me of a good deal at one of my favorite stores. I made a purchase and received a 6% rebate on this purchase which I made because of the notification from Rakuten.

sharonp314
6/10/19

It was so easy to purchase with Rakuten. Can't beat the perks. I am a new customer and have used it at restaurants and retail stores.

kendalln3
6/10/19

ebates/Rakuten is great. easy to use and not many issues with not getting paid. (It has happened but they have a good process to request your credit)

lenoreh
6/10/19

Love using this site. Great getting check in the mail. Always check this site when shopping. Very happy with site.

anitaw75
6/10/19

i make money everytime i shop - very easy to navigate and love the app best place to start your shopping

patriciad423
6/10/19

Excellent and fast, it is a pleasure to see my cash back adding up monthly. Not only do I get sale prices at time of purchase I also get money back monthly in the purchase itself. This way I know I am not over paying for any products I buy. I like the fact that I can register my charge card and also now receive money back on in store purchases

ritam158
6/10/19

They've improved their rebate speed. I used to have to wait and message them but now they come very quickly, even the ebates credit card ones come quickly now.

howardp69
6/10/19

Always good to save money! Saving money with app is so easy! Thanks for the money! Also do not like the name change.

barbaral416
6/10/19

It's nice getting money back when shopping for things that you need and for those things you really don't need!!

elsies24
6/10/19

I love this concept. Shop, shop and shop some more and get percentages back. I feel valued as a customer.

patriciaw342
6/10/19

I have been a member of Ebates for quite a long time and now a continuing member of Rakuten - love shopping and getting discounts - never get anything for free, but this is a nice incentive for continued shopping

walterp94
6/10/19

See above. See aboveSee aboveSee aboveSee aboveSee aboveSee aboveSee above. See above. See aboveSee aboveSee aboveSee aboveSee aboveSee aboveSee above See above. See aboveSee aboveSee aboveSee aboveSee aboveSee aboveSee above

jodic60
6/10/19

You should have stuck with the name "Ebates". It perfectly describes the website and what a consumer can expect. Rakuten is a meaningless word..... don't even know how to say it...

louisew94
6/10/19

I've found many great things on this site. Love the free shipping and return policy. My only caution is to make sure you pay attention when something is non-returnable.

50 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I was told I would get a full refund. I did not. I purchased a refurbished product, which according to their customer service did not go through the entire refurbishing process. The product was inferior. I was lied to.

By steve g.

I can't tell you I would buy again. I had no help from rakuten when needed. They said they are not responsible for the sellers since they work as an online shopping center. I would suggest you buying at Amazon. I never had problems with them. Regards

By Carla V.

I can't answer about the owner ripping people off. All I know is I have ordered from Rakuten numerous times and have nothing but praise for them. I haven't read the bad reviews but I've gotten nothing but good products.

By Sandra H.

Worse on-line company I've ever dealt with. I also wished I'd seen the reviews before ordering. I placed 2 orders the same day for the same item [2 different delivery addresses]. Item showed in stock. Two days later I get 2 emails [1 per order] saying items had shipped. 3 days later no tracking # is showing so I contacted the vendor [Tradecozone] to get one. 2 days after that I had still not heard back so I contact Rakuten. All I got from Rakuten is a email saying I was being refunded on my 1st order. Since then I've emailed Rakuten 3 times, Tradecozone once more, and left a voice message with Rakuten. I also kept getting told by Rakuten I needed to get with the vendor. Why? I ordered from Rakuten it should be their problem to get taken care of instead of making me do all the work. A week later and I still can't get a response from either. I have no idea what's going on with the 2nd order. If the item was out of stock, why did it show shipped? If out of stock then where's my email about a refund? If out of stock why did they deduct money from my account? Where's the refund? Did the 2nd order really ship or not? If shipped, where's my tracking number or better yet, where's my item? It took forever to get that refund.

By Tammy B.

If you have downloaded the app on your computer you will. It may listed as an extension rather than an app.

By Jaqi V.

Contact customer service and they will get it sorted out in less than one day. Thanks.

By Hank R.

Unless it says used, it's new. Double check the details in the description. Thanks.

By Hank R.

Yes, plus horrible customer service and 1000 excuses on why you don't qualify for a rebate.

By Kimberly S.

Questions? Get answers from the Rakuten staff and other customers.

11 Photos for Rakuten