Review of Rakuten

Tel: 415 908-2200

melanieg91
Melanie G.
3/12/19

Rakuten just made my life easier. Don't have to hit the malls with the kiddo. I can shop online and as a reward I'm paid!

Response from Cheryl D., Rakuten Representative
We're so happy to hear we've made things easier for you, Melanie. Being a parent is tough enough so we're here to reward you :) Enjoy your Cash Back!
viviannes3
3/12/19

I've never had any issues with receiving Cash Back on my account. Some stores are very quick to add the Cash Back right away, which is great! Overall, I've had nothing but a great experience using Rakuten

Response from Cheryl D., Rakuten Representative
We work hard on making sure you receive your Cash Back as promptly as possible, so we're thrilled to hear this. Happy shopping, Vivianne!
racheli25
3/10/19

This is the seriously the best app for shopping online. You just sign up and click through and get cash back on the things you normally buy online - including flights and hotels. I use both the website and the app and they are both really easy to use. Highly recommend to anyone who shops online!

Response from Cheryl D., Rakuten Representative
Thanks for taking the time to share with us, Rachel! We're so happy to hear you're maximizing your Cash Back by using Rakuten for travel. Happy shopping!
nivitk
Nivit K.
3/10/19

I've found so many amazing deals on this site! It convenient - I love the app and the browser extension.

Response from Cheryl D., Rakuten Representative
Thrilled to hear you're utilizing the app and browser extension so you never miss Cash Back, Nivit! Happy shopping :)
torim29
3/10/19

I've wanted to buy a pair of Rothy's shoes for a while now, and discovered that they are a partner on the Rakuten.com site, so I ended up getting the shoes and earning cash back from Rakuten in the process! It was super easy and I feel like I got a fantastic deal!

Response from Cheryl D., Rakuten Representative
Shoes and Cash Back--no better duo :) We're thrilled you found us (and the Rothy's!), Tori!
erinw120
3/2/19

I have been a member for years and have earned over 1k dollars in cash back. It is awesome. I really love the app and the new in store cash back program! So convenient!!

Response from Cheryl D., Rakuten Representative
Thanks for your loyalty throughout the years, Erin! Happy shopping :)
gordond41
2/27/19

I joined Rakuten some time back but didn't use the account until two days ago, when I signed up for a books company that met my needs.
I'm away writing content for my new website knowing that it's going to take at least a week maybe 10 days before I get a response from the company.
Low and behold this morning I receive an Email from Rakuten informing me that my account had been terminated. I hadn't even used the account, how can they terminate it without cause.
Apparently according to their Publisher Membership Agreement,they can terminate any account for no reason at all.
Well that seems to be absolutely true, I hadn't even joined any programs so there was nothing I could have violated, maybe they just didn't like my name.
Be careful if you are thinking of placing your eggs in the Rakuten basket, they could pull the plug for no reason at all.

ericad64
2/26/19

Cash back just for shopping online? What's not to love? The site is so easy to use and their customer service is second to none.

Response from Cheryl D., Rakuten Representative
We couldn't agree more, Erica! Our team works hard to give our members the best experience possible, so we're thrilled to hear this. Enjoy your Cash Back :)
arpitab4
2/26/19

Why not save some money while you shop from your favorite stores!!? There is no extra effort and the dollars do add up. It is too good to be true, but it is true!!

Response from Cheryl D., Rakuten Representative
Cha-ching!! We couldn't agree more, Arpita. Enjoy your Cash Back :)
zacht22
2/25/19

Button reminds me to get cash back when I shop on my computer, app is great for cash back on Lyft (just a little but it adds up). Searching for products is actually pretty good, helps me find the lowest price with cash back, especially if you have the SKU handy.

vivianl72
2/24/19

Rakuten (formerly known as Ebates) is the best solution for getting cash back on stuff you're already going to buy online. I use the browser extension so saving money and earning cash back is a no brainer and really easy. When I'm on a website, like Macys.com, the Rakuten browser extension will alert me when there is cash back available. And when I'm checking out, Rakuten will find me coupons to save even more. I've even discovered new stores because of it like Moosejaw and SteepAndCheap. In the past couple of years, I've already earned over $500 cash back. Cha-Ching!

susanh686
2/24/19

Now you can earn cash and they send you a check. It's not a place where you buy stuff anymore. I keep seeing the commercials. They look like Ebates. Interesting.

daisyt10
2/22/19

I rarely shop in stores now, so all this online cash back from Rakuten is a game-changer for me. I would say that I shop more than your average person, so I love having Rakuten to shave off some of the guilt. I especially love the Chrome extension because the small popup always reminds me to activate my cash back. I recently purchased a designer wallet on Valentine's Day (14% cash back, woohoo!) and will be getting back over $100 on it. No other sale, coupon, etc. allows me to get designer goods at a discount. I will never stop using Rakuten :)

vivianh56
Vivian H.
2/22/19

I love getting cash back with Ebates, and now Rakuten. I've gotten back thousands of dollars on things i would've bought anyway. What's not to love!

brianp347
2/22/19

Easy to use and great way to earn Cash Back. The app is extremely easy to use and you earn real cash instead of reward points

judiths223
2/12/19

I was told that they were USA business. False. Was delivered within a couple of days. Good. Both trash cans arrived damaged so I sent pics. I traded the tops to make one good one and said that I needed only one replaced. They said they would send one right out but it never came. Communication was slow, confusing and frustrating. Finally told them that they had to refund entire $ and send shipping labels before I send both back. They did. I am packing them up now. Both trash cans were larger than what was stated but I was willing to overlook that. I would hesitate to use them again. Judy Schurr

Response from Cheryl D., Rakuten Representative
I am terribly sorry for the experience you encountered. Any customer who is not satisfied by the service offered by a merchant on our site is covered under our worry free guarantee. Please feel free to reach out to our support team on 800-800-0800 or via the following form https://support.rakuten.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. Rakuten.com is based in San Mateo, CA
reneew95
7/2/18

If zero was an option, I'd choose rate zero. I lost $35.50 for a one-day usage. Outrageous experience. Would never buy from this seller again. Would recommend anyone be aware: read all the reviews before giving them your money.

Here was what happened:

I bought a headset BOSE QUIETCONTROL 30 WIRELESS HEADPHONES as a gift. My friend received it and said a button was not working properly. I immediately contacted them, and the manager was reluctant to issue a return, but instead offered to replace it. I told her I can only accept a new item for replacement since this is a gift.

(The product was refurbished, which I was not aware of at the time of ordering. Either I overlooked it or they made it discreet on the website, but I do not blame them for the refurbished part).

Later, the manager agreed to return, but deducted 10% from my original payment. She said it worked on iPhone. I told her that my friend uses an Android, and I stopped by BestBuy the day before to check out the same headset, and I was told by BestBuy staff that the headset should work for both iPhone and BestBuy. Still, she deducted 10% of my money.

Response from Robert P., Rakuten Representative

We are here to support you.
monicab46
5/23/18

I purchased a brand new amazon fire stick for 24 dollars and it came fast. That was the best and cheapest price I found online anywhere

annel144
1/22/18

I ordered a set of printer cartridges for an HP Printer from Toner MarketPlac. Somehow when they did not work and I wanted to return them the return ended up being handled by Rakuten. Despite the 100% guaranty of getting a free return label within 45 days with no questions asked, I was told I had to submit all sorts of photos of the cartridges, the printer, etc. I had already repacked the cartridges and was not going to do that. I returned them at my own cost. I was then refunded $4.95 less than the cost of the cartridges due to Rakuten's taking off that money for their points, which I had never signed up for, did not use and did not benefit from.

Response from Robert P., Rakuten Representative
I'm sorry for the manner this situation was handled. We would love to help resolve this, please give us a call at 800-800-0800 or message us on support@customersupport.rakuten.com. We are here to help!
sammyg16
12/26/17

2 orders so far. Each one taken over 60 days to ship and receive. So slow and if you send them an email all you get is automated responses.

pt67
12/5/17

This company gave me a bogus Fed Ex Tracking # Basically, they stole my money and never shipped my purchase. DO NOT USE THESE GUYS - IT'S A SCAM

jayb168
11/16/17

was a member for a good couple of years until they changed...... doesn't seem as good as it used to be

pradeeshg
11/14/17

Hard to use, feedback from company's service very slow...
Besides that it's just fine, packing and delivery time as expected.

steves400
9/21/17

I live in Tampa and somehow I received the same number as Rakuten. I'm going to try to get this resolved with my carrier. I would try to contact online for customer service. Just a heads up.

adamk108
8/16/17

They sent me the wrong chair, Have not replied to any messages I have sent them as well. I have tried posting a few 5 times already every two weeks and nothing ever gets posted. I bought one of these chairs before loved it and thats why I bought another one. They sent me something different and I hate it. I will not buy from them again period.

Tip for consumers: Dont they wont contact you back to try and fix the problem.

50 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I was told I would get a full refund. I did not. I purchased a refurbished product, which according to their customer service did not go through the entire refurbishing process. The product was inferior. I was lied to.

By steve g.

I can't tell you I would buy again. I had no help from rakuten when needed. They said they are not responsible for the sellers since they work as an online shopping center. I would suggest you buying at Amazon. I never had problems with them. Regards

By Carla V.

I can't answer about the owner ripping people off. All I know is I have ordered from Rakuten numerous times and have nothing but praise for them. I haven't read the bad reviews but I've gotten nothing but good products.

By Sandra H.

Worse on-line company I've ever dealt with. I also wished I'd seen the reviews before ordering. I placed 2 orders the same day for the same item [2 different delivery addresses]. Item showed in stock. Two days later I get 2 emails [1 per order] saying items had shipped. 3 days later no tracking # is showing so I contacted the vendor [Tradecozone] to get one. 2 days after that I had still not heard back so I contact Rakuten. All I got from Rakuten is a email saying I was being refunded on my 1st order. Since then I've emailed Rakuten 3 times, Tradecozone once more, and left a voice message with Rakuten. I also kept getting told by Rakuten I needed to get with the vendor. Why? I ordered from Rakuten it should be their problem to get taken care of instead of making me do all the work. A week later and I still can't get a response from either. I have no idea what's going on with the 2nd order. If the item was out of stock, why did it show shipped? If out of stock then where's my email about a refund? If out of stock why did they deduct money from my account? Where's the refund? Did the 2nd order really ship or not? If shipped, where's my tracking number or better yet, where's my item? It took forever to get that refund.

By Tammy B.

Questions? Get answers from the Rakuten staff and other customers.

5 Photos for Rakuten