TopCashBack.co.uk

TopCashBack.co.uk

TopCashBack.co.uk has a consumer rating of 1.97 stars from 32 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about TopCashBack.co.uk most frequently mention customer service problems. TopCashBack.co.uk ranks 24th among Cash Back sites.

This company responds to reviews on average within 14 days

How would you rate TopCashBack.co.uk?

“Great Site, Saved a fortune”

Ryan L.
4/3/20

Thanks to this site, I've just cashed out my earnings and got some extra (as a voucher), which has enabled me to do a massive school shopping trip for the kids (homeschooling). Very Very pleased.

“Geri ödemeler ve iadeler sorunu”

feray b.
2/12/21

The refund that I expected to result since 04.02.2019 has been declined. They asked me for a ticket. I sent the ticket printout. They have stalled me for 2 years and they deducted membership fees. If I bought this ticket from a travel agency, I could get a discount, but I trusted topcashback and wanted to get more discounts. Topcashback for me is a big disappointment.

ferayb
February 12th, 2021
Verified purchase

Products used:
qatar airways ticket

Hi there,

I am sorry to hear your cashback has been declined.

We're a service that awards our members the commission we earn from retailers for referring sales. Clicking our links should let them see us as eligible, but there are reasons why cashback sometimes gets declined, such as not meeting the terms or if another service has earned the commission.

By another service, this could mean a cashback site, the retailer website direct if you visited there before us, search engines, deal sites, that sort of thing. It is therefore often avoidable to be in this situation where you have declined cashback and we will always help our members to better improve their tracking. It's better for members like you and indeed also better for us as it means we're seen to refer more purchases. Declined cashback brings us no return and the only thing we do gain is upset people which is why we want to work with people to prevent it.

The idea of our site is to earn additional cashback on top of a purchase you are going to be making, rather than a traditional discount that is gained through a discount code. We want our members saving the most money, lot losing out and this is why we explain the terms of cashback on every retailer page.

We are more than happy to review what has happened with your purchase if you do reach out to us, and hopefully I have explained here what likely has happened. We want to work with you to prevent the disappointment you are feeling.

sachins79
September 9th, 2021

The most dishonest and morally corrupt company. I had made few transactions with retailers and suddenly they closed my account stating there was abuse. They never explained to me what they meant by abuse etc. Don't bother to do business with them who have no respect and regards for fairness and who are dishonest from the core. Use Quidco instead.

Hi Sachin,

I am disappointed in hearing your feelings regarding out service. While we would like for everyone to be able to earn cashback, we will close an account if there is clear evidence to suggest our terms and conditions aren't being followed. Our team are happy to review a decision if there is evidence to suggest an incorrect judgment was made. This decision will never be taken likely and won't happen just because you have payable cashback, it will only be taken if it is clear our terms have not been adhered to.

dylane29
March 8th, 2020

I followed the instructions and they are rubbish, it says you can delete your account by following these instructions hut it doesnt work at all, I posted an image, it says would you only like to unsubscribe? Follow this link that's all it says, it doesnt say any where delete your account follow this link etc none of that anywhere, so how the fcuk do I close it if theres nothing there to do so? I've reviewed this elsewhere asking the same question with no answers, I emailed topcashback they replied but it wasnt an answer, they seemed to be replying about something else, what is this madness? Is it a scam so that I am unable to leave or what?

Hey Dylan,

The option to unsubscribe is not in the help section but on your account but similarly, we will certainly action your request should you reach out to us via a support ticket.

ryanl306
April 3rd, 2020

Matt T. – TopCashBack.co.uk Rep

Thank you so much for your lovely review Ryan! :) We love that we can offer members vouchers so they can get not only free money but also extra free money on top when selecting different payout options.

susana632
March 15th, 2020

Top cashback are today showing avis as having a really high payable rate today. We have booked a car in the USA for October with avis through top cashback and have paid in full. Now I see no my account that the cashback is declined this does happen usually when the cash back is a larger amount. They say contract not complete well ofcourse it isn't as the car is booked in the USA for October but they happily took the money now. So I am having to go through their customer services to try and resolve this which could take months as it has done with other transactions in the past. Then I still may not get it so people need to be aware that these wonderful offers don't always materialise

Hi Susan,

While the claim process can take time which is unfortunately not under our control, we will do absolutely everything we can to turn this around and get you a more positive experience.

kathrinar
January 20th, 2021

I signed up to Topcashback in November 2020 with high hopes, so far I am very disappointed, to say the least. Over the Christmas period, I went through topcashback to do my shopping only to discover that their website did not track my purchases and the ones that did track said my cash backs were 0, yes zero. I've sent them numerous emails about my missing cash backs with no real response, but to say they have updated the cashback! But where have they updated it? It is still not in my account, I responded to their emails and I am yet to hear a response back from them. Their customer service is atrocious and I feel I've been ripped off, as I use another cashback website and left them for a while to try out topcashback oh what a mistake! I've now returned back to my original cashback website because at least their customer service is excellent, unlike topcashback. Topcashback needs to get their act together and treat their customers fairly and with respect. Leaving a customer weeks before contacting them with an automated message is a joke! I would not recommend them at all unless you have a lot of time to waste with no rewards.

Hi Kathrina,

I am so sorry to hear about your experience and I want to look into this for you.

When a purchase either doesn't track or does track but at zero it suggests we're not eligible for the commission that we would earn and pass on to you as cashback. If you purchased using a supermarket, it may be because they only pay cashback to new customers and so would advise to check out the terms.

This being said, I want to look into this properly for you to find out what's happened and what we can do to help. Therefore, I've dropped you a private message with an email that you can contact us through and I hope we can get to the bottom of this.

fayev7
September 2nd, 2020

Their whole business model is cashback, but as long as they put in the small print that you might not get it (and you usually don't) they're covered. This company is nothing but a scam covered by a legal loophole making money for the owners. They may throw you a pound here and there to keep you sweet but the larger amounts? Forget it. Don't waste your time, you're just lining their pockets. Convenient that they don't have reviews on their facebook page, just a link to the 'glowing' Trustpilot ones (which are notoriously easy to fake)

Hey Faye,

As you say our whole business model is paying out cashback, that's how we grow our site and reach more members, we can only do that if we live up to our member's expectations and so while yes, if we're deemed as not eligible for the cashback we can not pass on anything to you but declined cashback is nearly always avoidable.

We've been online now for 15 years, saving our members millions. I myself was a member before I was a staff member and I wouldn't be here today if there was some sort of dodgy goings on as you appear to suggest here.

Facebook has changed the way their pages display and so you can no longer see public wall posts, that's facebook's changes and not ours and I wold encourage you to reach out if you have had a situation you are frustrated with so we can look to support you so you can be like our many very happy members.

dn127
June 10th, 2021

What a waist of time I might of well spent all day looking for chicken teeth having to do there work for them payments pending over a month transactions not showing up then I got to forward receipts to them personally I would not bother using it frustrating luckily I have not long signed up so time to delete my account luckily they only showing me I have £16 which I will never get so forget TopCashback as should be £22 showing and the joke is £16 showing has been pending over a month

Hi D. N,

Finding chicken teeth certainly doesn't sound fun and I hope I can explain a little more about cashback and how it works so you can have more fun with finding retailers to earn some money back when you spend online.

To strip everything back to basics, we earn commission from your purchases online and we pass this back to you in the form of cashback. To earn this, all you need to do is find the retailer in our site, click on get cashback, make your purchase. The rest is just a little bit of patience while the retailer confirms we're eligible for the funds and then awards us those funds.

The time it takes from purchase to payable cashback varies on what you purchase. As I am sure you can understand, retailers can't go giving away commission if there is still a chance of you returning the product or particularly with high value purchases or contacts, you are very early on in that purchase. This often means day to day purchases such as groceries or something like a DVD or a Book will progress much faster than say insurance or a holiday.

I understand the eagerness you feel when you see pending cashback you're due to get, we've all been there including me! But, it's part and parcel of the process there needs to be steps in place to also protect the retailer to make sure they don't pay out on non eligible purchases.

We do place on each retailer page a stats box which includes information about general payout speeds so our members have an idea on how long they'll likely be waiting for the cashback to progress.

Cashback can be great way to earn some free money on the side of your online purchases and we will always make sure you are paid as quickly as possible after we are.

abis15
August 29th, 2020

We have now spent thousands of pounds online through this site and have not seen a single penny cashback. It has now been 6 months and nothing. I have emailed in 3 times and no response. My friend also took out a phone contract through this website on the pretence that they would receive £100 cashback. A contract they would not have taken out if the cashback was not available. And surprise surprise, NOTHING! Which leads me to be very certain that this website is ONE BIG SCAM.

Hey Abi,

It is very odd for you to have made so many orders and not to have any cashback at all track to your account. It suggests there is fundamental going on here that we can help with as it suggests you're basically allowing anything to track. This can happen if you have blocked cookies, have ad blocker installed or have set your browser up as do not track. While I get it's frustrating to not earn the cashback, if you're browser is set up that way, there isn't anything we can do to control that but we can work with you to get better cashback tracking and go on to earn a lot of money.

If you do need further support, please do reach out to us. We will be happy to help.

belindaa66
December 18th, 2020

AVOID *AVOID *AVOID Do not fall for this gimmick site or the cashback promises. You may never ever actually get the cashback and if you do it will be at least 6 months and loads of hoops to do so. With each cashback promise there is a very likely scenario where they can claim the merchant has declined the claim. If its too good to be true it is. Don't waste your time support little independent businesses online direct. Most merchants have better offers directly without Topcashback. This company are doing their best not to pay and getting alot out of us to promote the big brands.

Hi Belinda,

I am sorry to hear you are disappointed. TopCashback hosts a variety of retailers from big to medium to even small retailers. While commission is normally something only to be earned business to business we've turned that on its head a little bit so we earn the commission and pass it back to you in the form of cashback.

Making this available to people, however, doesn't automatically guarantee we are entitled to that commission. It has to go through the same rules as if we didn't pass this back to the end purchaser. We do offer advice to our members to help avoid getting untracked and unsuccessful cashback such as clearing cookies right before logging in, disabling ad blockers and only using one web tab at a time. This really can help.

If you do want us to look into what has happened with your cashback, please feel free to reach out to us at contact@topcashback.co.uk

Many thanks,

peterj546
October 1st, 2020

Save yourself the hassle - use a better site that actually do as they say. I have never had any issues with Quidco and I would recommend them over TCB.
I can't believe the lack of support over my claim - I wouldn't mind so much but it was the only reason that I chose that particular contract. Support could not care less!

Hey Peter,

We always want to proactively support our members as best as we possibly can. With claims it can be tricky for us as the reason for the claim is because we are not due the commission we expected and siaplyed on our site and so we need to ask the retailer's appointed network why that's the case. It's not the fastest system in the world and we chase up these networks as much as we can but like with the other site you mention, we need them to respond back to us before we can respond back to you.

I do want to look into whether we can further offer support here though and so I can popped you over a private message.

johnm5828
October 2nd, 2020

After two years I managed to get a very good comms link with the team and my claim was sorted out within a couple of weeks. Big thanks to Phil for making things happen. Hope future use of the site will be much better.

Hi John,

I am really sorry to hear you have had to wait so long for your claim. We really don't like keeping our members waiting for a resolution but at the same time we need you to lodge a claim because we need to take that to the tracking network to dispute what they have awarded us and we need them to reply to us before we can reply back to you.

This being said, I want to look into your issue to see if we can make some positive steps forward with this and so I have dropped you a direct message.

carld366
September 18th, 2020

Do not trust this company! Recently contacted support regarding a cashback payout. Rather than resolving my question, they took away the cashback earned. This fraud of a service will look for any excuse not to pay cashback and thus, cannot be trusted. Use Quidco instead, a much more reputable service.

Hi Carl,

The only time we will make this sort of judgement is when there is clear evidence to suggest our terms have not been met. We have to protect our other members, our retailers and indeed ourselves and this action can include closing accounts which don't appear to be playing fair with the site.

However, I will certainly review your case for you to see exactly what has happened if you do reach out.

tome447
June 25th, 2021

I've used TopCashback for years and saves a couple of hundred pounds in doing so. Since the cookies have become harder to track due to law changes I have missed out on cash back. It is understandable and they always used to make sure you could raise a case and they would sort it out for you, it used to take a while but you go it in the end. I don't know if they have lost the good people, the training is bad or they just don't care anymore but the support has gone down hill. I missed out on another deal to get my latest BT Broadband deal through TopCashback and not only did they not honour the agreement they were quite rude about it. It cost me £145 so now I have been singing from the hill tops my story to to all my customers and network to ensure no one else starts a new relationship with TopCashBack. Affiliates are 10 a penny so bad service is just bad business. I'm pleased to say it has already cost TopCashback considerably more then the £145 it cost me, I'm not bitter (ish) but it makes me feel a bit better about the time wasted trying to support a business that has clearly lost interest in what it set out to do. You can also find this review in other forums.

Use another provider.

Products used:
Cashback

Hey Tom,

Thanks for reaching out and I am really sorry to hear your experience.

I am really concerned to hear about your comments about the service you've received. I've been working here at TopCashback for a number of years myself ( something not many people know is I was actually a member before I was a staff member!). What I can assure you, is our view on providing the very best customer service hasn't changed, if anything we're always striving to be better.

Therefore, I'm really disappointed that the service you have received has found you in a boat of feeling otherwise. I'd really like to speak to you more to find out what's gone on here. I'd really appreciate it if you could reach out to me over at contact@topcashback.co.uk with the subject like FAO Matt - SiteJabber, I want to get to the bottom of what's gone on here, improve and hopefully start to rebuild your confidence in us.

Many thanks,

amars46
August 5th, 2021

We had over £3000 pounds of cashback pending and suddenly one day when we tried to login, the login failed. Since then it is like that with no redressal.

Use this website only when cashback is not the main consideration. They can close your account when they like and then you will regret your decision.

While they claim to have "fair play" policy, however they only use it when it works for them.

* TopCashBack.co.uk attempted to help this customer through the Sitejabber Resolution Center, but the customer did not respond

Hi Amar,

TopCashback welcomes a broad range of members, from those using it for everyday purchases, to those who may be using it much more frequently. As long as this cashback is earned in a fair way we won't have any issues.

If we ever feel a check in may need to be made, this will be done but as I say as long as the purchases fully meet the terms set out, our team won't have any problems.

If the cashback has been earned legitimately and our terms have been followed, I have no doubt that out team will be happy to assist you and I would encourage you to reach out via the email that is provided when you cannot log in.

stevew259
November 12th, 2017

It seems like the small ticket things track well where you get £15 or less but the insurances and car breakdown where they pay more initially track but can get downgraded. I know it's not their fault but it is frustrating. That said... it's free money!

kc576
June 10th, 2021
Verified purchase

Seeing the other reviews on this website, it seems that it's no coincidence that I'm missing out on higher amounts cashback also - never have problems tracking a few pence but when it comes to 25% cashback it coincidentally fails to track. Now I'm stuck with overpriced purchases that I would've never bought without the discount.

They respond with a genetic response saying they weren't the last referrer so the vendor won't pay out. Intrigued, I asked who the vendor are saying the last referrer were for specifics and was met with a generic response once again saying that it could've been multiple factors/websites, and because their tracking system is "robust" they won't honour the payout. Very suspicious to me. If it were really so robust then they wouldn't have to state that their cashback isn't guaranteed.

I find this problem very prevalent in the past few months. I've had my last 2 purchases not track in succession. Really dodgy for the biggest cashback website in the UK. If you're making a big purchase better use other sites even if the rates a little lower for security.

Use another site

Hi K. C,

I am sorry to hear you're having issues with your cashback tracking.

I can understand if you've had successful getting low value cashback, but not with large values why you may think this is too good to be true. That being said your issues can be prevented and you can go on and earn those large values just as many of our members do. Unfortunately, due to a small number of reviews on this page it doesn't represent the fantastic experience that many of our members have shared on other platforms.

The response about not last referrer is a key one to understand as you can then prevent it from happening, while I'd love to share with you who exactly that was, in nearly all cases we're just not told that information.

You can prevent issues like this one happening by following our top tips on cashback success such as clearing cookies before logging in to make your purchase, only to have TopCashback open and nothing else and to also to ensure you're allowing cookies. This all helps to give the retailer's appointed cashback administrator to link us and only us to your purchase which leads to cashback getting paid.

People do encounter these same issues on other cashback sites and indeed the tips we give to our members will help on those too and that's because we believe the overall tracking systems are the same as we're all part of a much bigger system that associates sites with the commission they gain for referring people to make a purchase.

While this response doesn't help with the exact purchase your frustrated with, hopefully the help and advise I have provided helps you to have a much better experience in the future. Let us know how you get on.

bernhardw12
August 25th, 2020

Had a very poor experience and missed out on a promised £200 cashback which was part of the reason why I decided to go for a big broadband bundle with Virgin. Very infrequent communication and no reasons were given as to why my claim was denied. Very poor.

Hi Bernhard,

I appreciate when it's a large amount of cashback it is frustrating when we're not eligible and can't pass it on. We want to do all we can to support members so this is prevented as cashback declines are something that can normally be prevented.

Please do reach out to us so we can check on the decline reason as normally we do get one.

antonyf18
August 24th, 2021

Decided to search for a new Gas and Electricity tariff via TopCashBack, a site I have used many times before.

As usual, I cleared my cookies, browsing history etc. just to make sure.

Whilst in the site, I saw an advert for Vodafone broadband, with a cashback of £80, so I applied, without leaving the site at all.

Long story short, months later, although my visit shows on the TopCashBack site, "supposedly" they weren't the "last click" before purchasing, so Vodafone have refused my claim.

How can they not be the "last click", I never left the site.

Anyway, I called Vodafone, blaming them for not paying out, they told me that they have never had a cash back claim from TopCashBack, or anyone else, for my broadband contract.

Tried getting an answer from customer services at TopCashBack, but they just keep saying Vodafone have rejected the claim as they weren't the last click.

Sorry, something really stinks here... someone isn't telling the truth!

I now have a long term contract that I had no real intention of purchasing, and NO CASHBACK.

TopCashBack... please tell me what I did wrong, as I have genuinely NO IDEA.

Thanks

AVOID TOPCASHBACK

Hi Antony,

I am sorry to hear your cashback was not successful.

The funds that we pass over to you as cashback is commission that retailers offer to sites for referring purchases. It sounds like your purchase despite being made after clicking through us was tagged to another source. That source could be anything like an additional discount - like a discount you get through work. It could also be something like you visited the site before using our site. In cases like that it's not deemed that we should be paid a commission amount for those purchases as the purchase likely would have been made without our involvement.

I do truly understand this is disappointing when it happens and I'd like to help you avoid this happening again. This disappointing experience is not great for you and similarly it's one less purchase we're seen as referring.

The best way to prevent this from happening again is by clearing cookies right before using our site, to bear in mind if you use other discounts etc it likely will mean cashback is declined as well as making sure you avoid from having other tabs open.

While I can't change the decision that has been made for this claim, I really hope that my response here explains the situation and helps you avoid this in the future.

johnc5208
August 26th, 2020

I have been a member of this site for over 8 years and used it regularly but the way their customer services have handled a recent claim amounting to the grand sum of £2.69 is embarrassing and insulting. I have waited almost a year and still no response from the "network" and instead of just making an offer of £2.69 and letting us all move on with life... no... respond with waffle and then offer £1.35 as a gesture of goodwill. LOL. What a joke. I'm sure the customer rep will be "high fiving" her team mates as she's saved the company just over a pound. As my membership is obviously valued at less than £1.35, I'll be having a look at Quidco from now on. Shame... and quite shortsighted from a business perspective.

Hi John,

Thanks for your review and I am disappointed to hear about your experience. When a claim is declined it does mean we're not going to get any cashback from the retailer to then pass on to you. This means we could have explained this to you and passed on no money at all. Instead, our decided to offer you half.

While we always want to help our members as much as we can we do have to be careful when analysing if we can offer anything at all to support you when we're deemed as not eligible for the cashback. We have to bear in mind other members who may be in the same boat, your experience and indeed the future of our company as if we just kept on paying out money we weren't getting that isn't something that is sustainable.

I get these decisions will always be controversial, some will say we shouldn't give anything if we're not paid, others should say we should pay out money. It's a careful judgement we need to make but what we will always do is support you and other members to ensure we equip you with the information to reduce the chance of getting declined cashback.

ronalds70
February 19th, 2016

For online shopping it works fine, nothing spectacular. I think you have way better services.

kareno111
August 1st, 2018

Well done. Extra saving keep adding up small amounts. I've save a few hundred. Somtimes you won't get anything but I shoponline and most of the website are included for 1% which is not bad. Better than nothing.

kirstye4
November 8th, 2020

Don't use them. They lie and fob you off to ensure you don't get the money owe to you. Their customer service team just send pointless responses to stall them ever paying out. Will never use again.

Hey Kirsty,

Ensuring you get as much proactive support as possible is something we're determined to provide and so it is disappointing to hear about your experiences. While as a site that passes you the money we are passed by the retailer via their appointed purchase tracking network we can be sometimes limited with the actions we can take, ensuring we do all we can to help you is something we take very seriously.

I have popped you over a private request for your account username or email so I can check out what happened with his.

vickyr29
April 2nd, 2019

Write your review

This cashback site is a SCAM. I have took a car insurance policy through Compare the Market via this cashback site and offered £30 cashback (offer is still active at the time of writing yhis review) but the cashback never processed and now customercare is saying as per terms and condition cashback is not guaranteed. Is this a joke if its not guaranteed then why start a cashback site and show offers still active. Should have taken through Quidco which is very much better than this scammers and always track cashback immidiatly and pays on time. Only reason I took through this cowboys to save some more quids as through Quidco same policy was £10 expensive but still have haved me £20.

jackm380
TopCashback S. – TopCashBack.co.uk Rep

Hi Vicky,

I'm sorry that you feel this way about our website but I can assure you that we are not a scam and that we will always doing everything we can to try and recover a cashback amount that hasn't tracked as planned. In this case though, I think your review could relate to our UK website as I can see you have mentioned working in GBP (£).

I hope this helps,
Jack

seanh179
November 8th, 2018

I made a purchase on Flixbux via TopCashBack.co.uk for £123.96. My purchase was completed successfully with no problems. I went on my trip, again, no problems. I raised a missing cashback ticket #*******706 for this because it didn't track. There were no issues with my browser as I also use Quidco, and have had no problems with Quidco. However, you TopCashBack denied my cashback claim for £7.43 stating I didn't go through their website. If a person manually looked at the timestamps of when my trip was booked with Flixbus and when I left the TopCashBack website, anybody can CLEARLY see that a genuine cashback attempt was made... After speaking with support, they just kept copy and pasting their agreement to me with no manual engagement. This is not only frustrating for me, but I question whether they have a useful support team to help anybody at all.

TopCashBack denying me £7.43 is annoying because I could have gone through QuidCo or another website without these problems... Now, I have no chance of getting anything due to TopCashBack's technical blunder. Having contacted them via support, they didn't offer any suggestions upon fixing this cashback bug or anything, they simply dismissed it, so for some unfortunate person, this is just going to happen again

Having a similar issue with BeFrugal in the past, they offered the cashback to me despite the lack of tracking. So there are cashback websites out there which do look after their customers. TopCashBack does not seem to be one of them. Their support team didn't seem enthusiastic to help me or even sympathize with my situation. Writing this is a last resort, it's a shame it has had to come to this, but when a company refused to help, I am left with little option to share my experience with this company.

Only used once, simply visit the customer service section and submit online. I got a response the next day.

By Ryan L.

According to TopCashBack, they are saying Join our millions of members worldwide

By Paul B.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the TopCashBack.co.uk staff and other customers.

Earn cashback and save money when you shop at over 4,600 retailers both online and in-store. We pass 100% of our commission to you as cashback.

Matt T.
Typically responds within 14 days

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TopCashBack.co.uk?

Have a question about TopCashBack.co.uk?