Review of BeFrugal

Boston, MA 2205, US
jen.dorman@befrugal.com
2018 Customer choice award
Youtube video thumbnail
Join now for FREE & Get $10 Cash Bonus!
Join Now

cindyb470
3/18/19

Only hassle is they hold on to cash for a whole 3 months.
But better that than nothing.
Does add up

Alas lately the eBay pink does not show up at times. Seems to work 10% of the time.

I ship a lot on eBay so its a hassle. You never know if this site is going to work or not.
So I go to the Other cash back I use.

kennethn55
3/18/19

I done like I always do when shopping at home depot by activating my cash back on BeFrugal and it is funny that all has worked until I had a big ticket item. All my other orders at home depot for 50 cents or a dollar have worked fine. Lost 29.97 cash back on this one.

Response from Chris F., BeFrugal Representative
Hi Kenneth, I am sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with your BeFrugal experience. If you feel you are missing Cash Back from an order you placed, please submit a missing Cash Back inquiry and our support team can investigate for you. Thanks! https://www.befrugal.com/help/cashback/#where-is-my-cashback
danc361
3/17/19

cashback pending for a year now they say they cannot pay the cashback...and want to delete it..... excuse me???

elip20
3/13/19

Great cash back. I shop ALOT and get my cash back through here. Nice website. Has everything you need to qualify for cash back. Free $10

karinat9
3/11/19

Easy and simples to use and pays back more than other websites like Ebates. Would definitely recommend

brentr54
3/10/19

Thieving, lying scumbags - I fulfilled (and documented) all of my obligations for cash back on a hotel reservation, and they bent over backwards to deny it with some BS about how it was paid, even though I PURCHASED/PAID THROUGH THE LINK THEY PROVIDED. As soon as I cash out on my other stuff, I won't be back. Too many other honest alternatives to waste any more time with this slimy outfit. Hope the $9 they screwed me out of was worth it to them.

Tip for consumers: Best tip: go anywhere else before wasting your time with these shysters.

ginnyh14
3/8/19

Usually higher than the other rebates websites. It would be better if the review session could be faster.

angelah286
3/6/19

BeFrugal has only worked on 1/10 of my eBay purchases. Each time, I made purchases of around $1,000-5,000. I made sure that all my purchases were within their valid categories and was careful not use any other coupon codes. When I contacted customer service, they gave the generic response that they cannot look into cash back inquiries for that site. I am thinking they did not want to pay out... I lost a over $400 cash back by choosing BeFrugal over Ebates and not using any of my eBay coupons in the process. I wish they would at least give a clear explanation what went wrong.

kg139
3/4/19

I shopped extensively through Befrugal through the whole Christmas season. Now it's about time my purchases should be credited so I logged in to find out my balance and was unable to log in. Resetting my password didn't seem to work, so I contacted them through live chat. I was told that my account had been closed for some kind of violation. When I asked for specifics, I was told that no other information was available, then they stopped responding to me in chat. Even today, i can still shop through their site, they are happy to claim whatever affiliate fees available due to my shopping, I just can't even redeem them. At the very least, they should have notified me so I could use a different cashback site or notified me when I used their portal for shopping. What a shady site!

crystalw114
3/4/19

I signed up because they offered a $10.00 sign up bonus. The problem: You must get at lease $10.00 cash back in your balance from stores b-4 they give you that. I did. They have been holding on to a cash back from Petco since Oct. 2018. They promise cashback will show in 3 months. This has been way over that. That amount puts me over the $10.00 required, so this is very suspicious. Horrible place! Do not sign up. Stick with Ebates.

shawnh11
2/26/19

Who doesn't love cash back. Almost always a bigger payout than other apps. Has all my favorite stores. Easy to use and request money.

brendanp12
2/16/19

Highly recommend them. I've never received so much cashback and coupon opportunities before. Can't say enough good things about em.

jeffh575
2/12/19

I've used befrugal many times. Buy, get money back, easy! I've never had issues when I've used the befrugal site to make purchases. love it!

dejoyem
2/11/19

Befrugal has proven to be a honest site. So by that being said, I am happy to have learned about BeFrugal ,

satyas9
2/11/19

Love the cash backs from befrugal. Online shopping?? I will definitely check this site and go through it.

fabricep4
2/5/19

Poor reporting - 2 legitimate transactions and no payments. When I submitted proof still got denied.

matte77
2/2/19

Works great and saves you money! Just click through, then do your shopping. Sometimes there are even coupon codes to save you extra money. It's always worth it if you're shopping online!

dawna87
2/2/19

The extension always works wonderfully. Account dash is easy to use. No games. Using this service has been reliable. Over $200 back in my wallet.

ericd256
2/2/19

Great Website. Tends to offer more cashback than others. It doesn't always catch the orders though. I wish it would.

tb208
1/30/19

I love to shop and BeFrugal is a great site to shop through. The cash back is great and the wait isn't long at all, I can appreciate that.

devm7
1/28/19

Great website for cash back, offers much better return than ebates consistently. Very easy to use and quick payments compared to ebates.

ravitejam
1/28/19

This a great cashback site. It is easy to use and the extension in chrome is easy to use. This best cash back site ever.

lizs151
1/28/19

I could find cash back for almost all of my favorite retail stores. Great cash back values and the web site is east to use.

peterd319
1/28/19

how does this site work. the cuopons offered seem to be inoperable. no one is on the chat line either. it's really dissappointing, indeed. they need to simplify this site radically, otherwise honey and wikibuy are far more user friendly, indeed.

tanyaa51
1/28/19

Shopped at a store and trip didn't show. Contacted customer service and was told too bad. Dishonest site.

Hi there, happy to help. If you just joined BeFrugal, you earned a $10 sign-up bonus as a new customer! For the travel you are booking, it depends on the type of travel. The cash back percentages vary depending on if it is a car rental, hotel, airfare, etc. The exact percentage you will earn can be seen at Travelocity's page on BeFrugal (befrugal dot com slash travelocity) after clicking on "Cash Back Terms & Exclusions."

By Chris F., BeFrugal Representative

Hi Lisa, I'm sorry to hear you are not satisfied with your BeFrugal experience. If you feel you are not getting credit for Cash Back from a purchase you made, please submit an inquiry at https://www.befrugal.com/account/member/need-help/inquiry/ and our representatives will investigate with the retailer. I can assure you that we do everything in our power to work with our partner retailers so that our members can get paid for any Cash Back purchases made through BeFrugal. Thanks.

By Chris F., BeFrugal Representative

Hi Jaime, thanks for reaching out! BeFrugal members can choose to have their Cash Back sent via any of the following methods: PayPal, check (sent in the mail), Direct Deposit, Visa Prepaid card or gift card for stores including Amazon, Walmart, eBay, Bed Bath & Beyond, CVS and more. For more information on payments, see here: https://www.befrugal.com/help/payments/. Thanks!

By Chris F., BeFrugal Representative

Hi Debra, Thanks for reaching out! It's easy for a new member to earn Cash Back. First, make sure you are logged in to your BeFrugal account. If you don't have an account, you can create one for free at https://www.befrugal.com. Once you are logged into your BeFrugal account, find the store(s) you want to shop at on the BeFrugal web site. Click on the 'Shop Now' button or on any Cash Back eligible coupon or deal and you will be taken to the retailer's website. Complete your purchase and Cash Back will be added to your BeFrugal account within 7 days. For more details, see https://www.befrugal.com/help/cashback/ Thanks!

By Chris F., BeFrugal Representative

Hi there, in order to earn cash back on your online shopping, you need to first be signed up for BeFrugal, then click the store on our website and shop as normal. We cannot issue retroactive cash back for purchases you made before becoming a BeFrugal member.

Helpful answer -1

Hi Beverly, We are currently offering a $10 sign-up bonus for new users. To earn a sign-up bonus a user must join BeFrugal.com during the promotional period or via a link or web page on BeFrugal.com where such bonus is being promoted and then earn $25 or more in Cash Back (not including bonuses and earnings from non-purchase activity). Go to www.befrugal.com and click "Join for Free and Get $10" on the top of the page. Thank you!

By Chris F., BeFrugal Representative
Questions? Get answers from the BeFrugal staff and other customers.

4 Photos for BeFrugal