Review of BeFrugal

Boston, MA 2205, US
jen.dorman@befrugal.com
2018 Customer choice award
Youtube video thumbnail
Join now for FREE & Get $10 Cash Bonus!
Join Now

joec586
1/19/19

Does not support their users. Need better tracking with partners. Clearly had a purchase with the tracking click showing in my account. Provided receipt and proof of purchase with time and date stamp and was told "The store didn't report your sale to us, Sorry." I did everything correct and proved it with receipt and email verification.

susana380
1/19/19

Not only did I never receive the $10 for Refer-a-Friend, after a 6-day game of tag, long story short? "Unfortunately, we cannot investigate missing orders if no shopping trip/click reported to the account. The only other option would be to cancel the order and re-order through the site."

First of all, the CUSTOMER loses out when the software doesn't work. I'm in IT; I know a bit about HTML/script/coding in the background of a webpage and extensions. They will NEVER convince me they were unable to collect data on my purchase. I mean you HICCUP on the internet and any little troll can find it and publish it again! It's just an easy way to get out of a large cash back payout (this order had multiple items for a baby shower).

Secondly, CANCEL THE ORDER?? Pay for return shipping just so I can order again?? What kind of customer support is that?? I remember when the phrase was "The customer is always right". I know these days that society is more deceitful but when I supply ALL the information BeFrugal is requesting, I feel a bit insulted that they won't acquiesce to keep me on as a customer.

You use it, you take your chances.

jh406
1/17/19

I have been using another cash back site for close to 4 years now and was blindly faithful to it. I stumbled upon BeFrugal and never looked back! They offer MORE cash back than the other site AND allow you to cash out once your order has been verified with the company you purchased from! Absolutely love how quick and convenient this site is.

lb186
1/15/19

No issues with getting my rewards!! Can use it for what i want it for. I never shop without checking this site. I only wish that they would cover grocery stores !!!!

clarindas1
1/15/19

I have used BeFrugal only 2 times. They came up with an excuse each time to deny my cash back, saying I did something wrong. I filed a complaint with BBB and got nowhere. They have MANY BBB complaints and will not budge on any of them. Stick with Ebates...they are much easier to work with. BeFrugal is a scam!

amberl123
1/11/19

My experience is completely horrible.
A friend had suggested I try this site.
I signed up. Was told I'd receive a $10 bonus for signing up. I placed an order that was supposed to give back 8%. Waited over a week not only did I not receive the $10 sign up bonus but there was absolutely nothing regarding my purchase through their website. I contacted them. Sent everything they asked for: the order number, the order total, the email confirmation. They email back demanding I send them more information.
I shouldn't have to jump through hoops to get back the 8% I was supposed
To receive. What a joke. This wasn't one but two issues right from the start. Screw this. I'll use ebates and I'll make sure everyone I knows not to use this company as well. What a waste. I could've gone through ebates and actually gotten paid.

stevenb484
1/9/19

Payments are made as promised and customer service is excellent. I have no hesitation in recommending BeFrugal to anyone.

sandraw281
1/9/19

Write review. I am happy at this moment because my cash back is finally ready. But if you have to resort BF customer service you are screwed. CS SUCKS!!!! If you ask for help ... HahHah! Be prepared to sit up, roll over, play dead, dance, sing and have low (no lower) expectations.

sandrap38
1/6/19

I booked a hotel through BeFrugal and although there were a few months that I had to wait, once it was done the payment was easy to process through PayPal.

rebeccah273
1/3/19

Helpful customer service when needed and getting paid to shop clearly pays! I appreciate getting paid to shop and it couldn't be easier.

bonniem201
1/3/19

This has been a great way to make some money back on things you buy all the time. Its easy to use. makes shopping fun.

halaa13
1/1/19

the higher percents cash back and very honest i got paid fully on paypal with no time really highly recommended

solins
12/27/18

BeFrugal lure you in with higher cash back than other sites, but it's a scam.

I have several transaction denied and customer service cannot give a clear answer as to why it was denied. In fact most of the replies are automatic generic responses from their computer so I doubt there's any live person in customer service.

The new scams they're running is Reversing Transactions that was previously approved or paid. They went through my profile and reversed my largest transaction.

They stole $726.38 from me this month. I'm done with this POS company

sanda
12/19/18

So far so good, payment just are not as quick as I would prefer. I know they have to verify the funds but I'd prefer quicker payment.

annem324
12/17/18

I've had no problems with Be Frugal. All purchases have been posted without fail and cash credited when indicated. Sometimes it takes a little while to get the cash back. But I figure that has more to do with the store than Be Frugal

jenniferr429
12/14/18

The problem with this site is that receiving money takes months. They say be frugal but most of the coupons not helping you out at all. Would I recommend.....no.

ferdians
12/5/18

I got much from be frugal. Everytime I bought, I always use it and I got much cashback.Really easy to use, always pays efficiently and on time.

junej22
12/5/18

Had money I didn't know was there starting 2012. Forgot about BeFrugal and signed up with other sites that don't always work. From now on this will be my go to site.

hanzhel
12/5/18

The speed of tracking missed cash backs still needs promoting. However, the rates are higher sometimes. And my payment was submitted just now, so I cannot review the payment of BeFrugal.

michelem248
12/5/18

If I could put ZERO STARS I would!!!!!!! It takes months and months to get cashback, and now i have over 5 purchases I had to inquire where my cash back is, then it takes another several months to get the "investigation" completed to get your cashback. and majority of the time they'll say your purchase didnt qualify and you WONT get your cashback!!!!!! They lure you in with what looks like the best cash back rates, but it is a scam. you wont ever see the money. SUCH A WASTE OF TIME. Save yourself the time and headache and use Ebates or Ibotta. You will waste so much time trying to follow up with every single purchase you make with BeFrugal and 8/10 you wont ever get your cash back. HORRIBLE AWFUL COMPANY!!!!

Response from Chris F., BeFrugal Representative
Dear Michele,
We understand your frustration. We will be happy to look into this.
Please contact our support using the contact form:
In your message, please include your case number ( #12231) and provide:
1) your name
2) your email address on the BeFugal account and
3) whether you use BeFrugal phone app, browser on your phone or browser on the Desktop to shop through BeFrugal
4) please specify the browser or the phone you are using in your support request.
Respectfully,
BeFrugal team
jasonh387
12/5/18

Chrome button didnt capture all of my shopping trips, customer service said they have no record, so get lost (that was the substance of their messages). Could not escalate my complaint. Lost about $100 in cashback over Black Friday/Cyber Monday.

Response from Chris F., BeFrugal Representative
Hi Jason, Thank you for your feedback. Rest assured, you did not lose your cash back. Once we receive commission from retailers we will post the cash back earnings on the Cash Back and Bonuses page of your account: https://www.befrugal.com/account/member/cash-back-and-bonuses/
debrat89
12/2/18

If I shop online I only go through BeFrugal. I earn money shopping, it's unbelievable and free! I don't use any other company.

buttonsa
12/2/18

They show they pay out a little higher than eBates but then BeFrugal doesn't actually credit the shopping trips. Nothing for Amazon (almost $200 household/kitchen items should have cash back); Walmart shows estimated payment date of February 22, 201 for a purchase made in Nov 2018?

Really disappointed because I could've had such a nice payout from eBates for the money I've spent this month and wasted using BeFrugal.

sandyk84
11/29/18

if your order goes into pending investigation than befrugal doesn't do anything even though you made the purchase using their site. They will not do anything to get you your money.

sethb79
11/24/18

Really easy to use, always pays efficiently and on time. They reward you with referral fees if friends sign up. No complaints whatsoever!

Hi there, happy to help. If you just joined BeFrugal, you earned a $10 sign-up bonus as a new customer! For the travel you are booking, it depends on the type of travel. The cash back percentages vary depending on if it is a car rental, hotel, airfare, etc. The exact percentage you will earn can be seen at Travelocity's page on BeFrugal (befrugal dot com slash travelocity) after clicking on "Cash Back Terms & Exclusions."

By Chris F., BeFrugal Representative

Hi Lisa, I'm sorry to hear you are not satisfied with your BeFrugal experience. If you feel you are not getting credit for Cash Back from a purchase you made, please submit an inquiry at https://www.befrugal.com/account/member/need-help/inquiry/ and our representatives will investigate with the retailer. I can assure you that we do everything in our power to work with our partner retailers so that our members can get paid for any Cash Back purchases made through BeFrugal. Thanks.

By Chris F., BeFrugal Representative

Hi Jaime, thanks for reaching out! BeFrugal members can choose to have their Cash Back sent via any of the following methods: PayPal, check (sent in the mail), Direct Deposit, Visa Prepaid card or gift card for stores including Amazon, Walmart, eBay, Bed Bath & Beyond, CVS and more. For more information on payments, see here: https://www.befrugal.com/help/payments/. Thanks!

By Chris F., BeFrugal Representative

Hi Debra, Thanks for reaching out! It's easy for a new member to earn Cash Back. First, make sure you are logged in to your BeFrugal account. If you don't have an account, you can create one for free at https://www.befrugal.com. Once you are logged into your BeFrugal account, find the store(s) you want to shop at on the BeFrugal web site. Click on the 'Shop Now' button or on any Cash Back eligible coupon or deal and you will be taken to the retailer's website. Complete your purchase and Cash Back will be added to your BeFrugal account within 7 days. For more details, see https://www.befrugal.com/help/cashback/ Thanks!

By Chris F., BeFrugal Representative

Hi there, in order to earn cash back on your online shopping, you need to first be signed up for BeFrugal, then click the store on our website and shop as normal. We cannot issue retroactive cash back for purchases you made before becoming a BeFrugal member.

Helpful answer -1

Hi Beverly, We are currently offering a $10 sign-up bonus for new users. To earn a sign-up bonus a user must join BeFrugal.com during the promotional period or via a link or web page on BeFrugal.com where such bonus is being promoted and then earn $25 or more in Cash Back (not including bonuses and earnings from non-purchase activity). Go to www.befrugal.com and click "Join for Free and Get $10" on the top of the page. Thank you!

By Chris F., BeFrugal Representative
Questions? Get answers from the BeFrugal staff and other customers.

3 Photos for BeFrugal