Review of Ibotta

Denver, CO 80202
support@ibotta.com

brendam347
3/20/19

Signed up amd completed 10 purchases within time frame made a special trip to the store to do this. $20 bonus was deposited in my account plus the cash back for coupons, next day $20 had disappeared. Sent email to ibotta 3 days later got a email back saying bonus wasnt completed in time frame. This app is a joke for sure dont waste your time.

channam1
3/18/19

It started out ok, then when I got busy and couldn't use the app for a couple months i found they started deducting my earnings from my balance. I complained to them which prompted them to deactivate my account for "violating their terms" apparently the terms indicate you cant give them any negative feedback? I since have found so many other negative reviews I'm convinced they are totally shady.

victoriaw123
3/13/19

Ibotta is horrible. Do not do this. Terrible waste of time. I cannot withdraw cash, cannot get help. I get a recurring error code that is not on their list. I get auto reply emails with "due to a higher than normal volume" which has been going on for weeks. I was excited, now disappointed and furious.

Tip for consumers: don't do it

curtb31
3/11/19

This company is a complete joke and has the worst customer service I have ever experienced. I spent weeks emailing back and forth with them about how my $20 welcome bonus was never received and they would not grant me the $20 still. Every time they emailed back I felt like I was talking to complete idiots, they never addressed my issue and kept beating around my questions.

lanar35
3/10/19

Scanning barcodes from my purchases and not getting creditcredit! I'm over this appapp, I thought it wad supposed to be easyeasy!

lindap551
3/3/19

I downloaded app followed directions spent time scanning bar codes and receipt. Took too much time. Then several hours later received email that told me couldn't read date on receipt and to resubmit. Well I didn't save receipt threw it away after putting away groceries. What a waste of time. Removed app. Not worth my time. Scam.

lindad514
3/2/19

After slowly building a balance on Ibotta and getting close to the $20 amount required to redeem your earnings I became ill. No grocery shopping, didn't bother with emails, etc for 6 months- that sick. When I finally got online and checked my Ibotta account there was nothing in it!! They drained it with service charges until it was empty.... all that work for nothing. Everyone I knew, when I recommended Ibotta to them, said "It's not worth it and I've never gotten anything from them". Now I see why they say that.

helloa
2/22/19

Was to get $4.25 for one receipt. Next day, it was just gone. Re-submitted the next day. The day after that, the new one was just gone. After emailing with the "care center," many times, they will not give me my credit. I was told the receipt was used by someone else. That was impossible and told them a theft had taken place. They just said they couldn't discuss another persons account. They obviously don't care about fraud or customer care. On the other hand, I did get the $20 gift card from the initial sign up bonus & purchases pretty quick. All in all, it takes too much time and effort, but it will give you a gift card eventually.

bg108
2/20/19

When i am able to take a picture of my receipt and make sure everything is there the app is good. However, I shop weekly at a store that uses a membership card and it won't allow me to take a picture and make sure all items are included. Every single time items are left off so I don't get compensated for them. No one ever responds to my messages.

musicmanr
2/18/19

A good friend of mine turned me on to Ibotta about a month and a half ago. There was a little bit of a learning curve but I got it down now. Easy Peasy once you learn how the app works. When I first got the app I clicked on a 1.5 litre of Smirnoff Vodka which Ibotta would give me $5.00 when I purchased. I accidentally scanned the credit card receipt by mistake and then tried to scan the correct itemized receipt but the item was no longer available. I emailed customer service with a picture of the correct receipt and they responded the next day and credited my account with the $5.00. So yeah, booze, Tide, Grocery items that I usually buy and some that I tried for the first time that I liked worked out really well. Lots of participating stores, local grocery, Wal-Mart, Amazon, Groupon etc etc. Most the negative reviews I think come from folks who don't understand how to properly use the app resulting in frustration hence the bad reviews. I don't know about them all I know is I just transferred effortlessly $95.05 that I racked up in less than 2 months that I would not have had otherwise. Highly recommend Ibotta!

davidm1854
2/9/19

Thank God, I have been able to retrieve all my lost funds of about $350,000,which I never believed I would get again from an unregulated broker who stocked my trading capital for over 3 months now, and denied my access to my trading account. I'm so glad that I have gotten back all my funds back without stress, All thanks to my neighbor who introduced me to a certified binary option recovery expert. Do you have funds that you wish to withdraw from your account, is your Broker manager asking you to make more deposit before you can place a withdrawal? have you lost money from any investment online? , are you confused and you don't know how to go about it? Contact (davidmarkson4430@gmail.com,Mr David is indeed a good and polite man,all my funds back and i live happily

ashleyb421
2/5/19

Ibotta deactivated my account after they did a phone verification and changed my number so I could add a new one and withdraw my funds but as soon as they allowed me to change my number they deactivated my account they will not tell me why and I am out of $48 I am pissed the hell off, upset, angry, mad whatever you want to call it! This is ridiculous! ABSOLUTELY RIDICOULOUS!!! I will never recommend them to anyone and I'm determined to get my money back even if it means to go through corporate to get a response

deew85
2/4/19

Ibotta offers the same old items week after week. For those that shop at Sams, you can hang up getting a rebate. They don't offer anything Sams carry, yet they're apart of Ibotta.

sharit2
2/2/19

At first they send you tons of free coupons and you think wow this is so neat. After a bit it dwindles to only a few items, then the rip off part, they quit paying you when you scan your coupons! All I can think is they make money from the manufacturer's off your purchases and have no problem keeping your earnings by not paying you... STAY AWAY

joshuaw275
1/30/19

This app is horrible. A complete waste of time. Most credits and bonuses don't go through. I've contacted customer service 5 times and never got a reply. No customer service phone number either.

heidis137
1/30/19

Can someone from Ibotta please explain to your clients what the malfunction is here? I have to say this WAS my go to app for the past several Months. Butit this app is completely frustratig to say the least as it's not working. I transferred funds to my acct that still have yet to show up. You can't even send ibotra a message to reach out to someone. It's a joke. Come on Ibotta we are making you money therefore one would think you would fix the problem here because you are clearly loosing business just Google your company and pay attention to what users are saying. I had no idea there were so many complaints. You might want to figure it oit. I personally won't keep waisting my time If it's not fixed here real quick.

anna129
1/29/19

Very disappointed I downloaded the Ibotta app in December and at the time it was good as I made my purchases The exact product when I try to download it into Ibotta Once I downloaded my receipt and the barcode from the product it would always come back saying that this product is not eligible when is in the Ibotta app This app is very deceptive so how are you going to offer a product and then you can't get any credit for it

nancyv98
1/28/19

Not worth your time. Initially, I enjoyed using Ibotta and found it relatively easy and worthwhile. However, over time, the changes they have made to both the website and the app have made it totally impossible for me to access. You can no longer see either offers or your balance on the website, and they apparently have no plans to go back.

On my older iphone, I'm space-limited and am unable to download the latest version of the app (earlier versions are unavailable). I would only be able to download the app IF I changed the operating system on my phone - which I not only can't do due to space, but don't want to do just so I can use their app. Even though I explained my situation to Ibotta (I asked them to send my funds along to my PayPal since I no longer had any way to access their program), their only responses were: to ignore the circumstances, delay their response so as to deduct their non-use fees, tell me to download the app, tell me to change my operating system.

Any decent, consumer-friendly company would have a functioning website, make it possible for users to access the service via older versions of the app, be willing to understand how they have diminished access, understand the value of satisfied users, apologized and sent my credits along to PayPal. Instead, Ibotta insists on being consumer unfriendly, intransigent and seemingly more interested in imposing fees.

Stay away from Ibotta. Far away.

daisyr35
1/24/19

With the Ibotta app, it was fun to see the savings grow! I did not withdraw any savings for a while and then I claimed a $20 gift card as a birthday present for a friend. I was supposed to get an e-mail with a link on how to obtain the actual card and I didn't get it. I asked for help in the app and hit the "resend" button. Didn't get any response either. Finally, I contacted customer service and after a few days I got the link and it worked (my friend had a belated birthday gift). I thought Ibotta was still sorting out how things worked with the app and that was the reason for the delay. Fast forward six plus months and I decide to withdraw two $20 gift cards from two different retailers. Same story: I got no e-mail with the link to retrieve the cards. After ten days of zero, zippo, nada, I e-mailed Ibotta again and this time they answered they had "manually" sent the link to my e-mail. I've been carefully checking the junk mail and inbox and have yet to see why their magic fingers didn't work on that manual task. I will e-mail them until I get my response. Nope, I'm not forgetting my hard-earned rewards!! I haven't had any problems redeeming the offers and increasing my savings, but cashing in those savings has certainly been problematic.

tashab30
1/24/19

I opened my account just a few months ago managed to get 25$ from purchases I really didn't want but I'd aim for the bigger ticket numbers. Well at one point i had to email them because they weren't honoring some of my purchase that were clearly there checked and purchased. They respond that they are adding those funds. So when I attempt to cash out send to PayPal it says everything is fine but when I attempt to go to PayPal no $$ so I wait 24hrs NO $$ go to the app cant sign in locked out.!!!
Bottom line I spent money just to have rainy day cash that they STOLE
Who Runs Ibotta TRUMP?

mandam6
1/24/19

Downloaded Ibotta. Bought all this unnecessary crap to get the new account bonuses they were offering. Went to cash out and it says my account is locked from withdrawing money. Scam and a waste of my time.

jennys195
1/23/19

I wasnt credited a good size dollar amount and emailed them...went through the steps of what I did...which is exactly what they said on website to do..but apparently lost connection when signing in to my account on the actual shopping shopping sight. They basically said tough luck..you didnt do what you were supposed to.So I let them know I make others aware.

beckys155
1/22/19

This is an absolutely terrible app to use. It's nothing but running to different stores trying to find different items that those stores don't even sell just to get a quarterback or a dollar back on something you have to pick a certain store with a certain item to buy you're wasting your money your time it's been nothing but a joke. I this is an absolutely terrible app to use. It's nothing but running to different stores trying to find different items that those stores don't even sell just to get a quarterback or a dollar back on something you have to pick a certain store with a certain item to buy your wasting your time & money! My Account has been locked for 14 days for absolutely no reason, I don't have access to my money I've wasted numerous hours contacting PayPal no problems with Paypal, I reset my password & I reset my emails I've rearranged everything with my email screwed up all my business emails now trying to fix their email with the locked account. They have terrible customer service & never get back to you but with an automated messasage Saying somebody will contact you within seven days they are very busy at this time. It's been two weeks and nobody has gotten back to me but another automated message saying I'll get back to me within seven days! This is a total disappointment I would not recommend this app at all. The other three apps I use are much much better than this one with larger money back and the apps are actually fun and not confusing. See this app is so terrible that I just was trying to provide proof of how terrible this app was with the photo and won't even let me add the photo. You have to have a JPEG. This app is a joke

leslier123
1/20/19

They will tell you it will take up to 75 days after completing trip and once the 75 days are up, they say oh we meant 100 days. Not sure I will ever see my cash back at this point.

tonic81
1/20/19

Ibotta is getting rich off people You fulfill all these offers and bonuses and when you get to cash out to paypal once you get $20 your account gets locked AND they have a $3.99 fee for account inactivity So that $20 you just earned for yourself Ibotta basically steals it by freezing your account and then uses it for the $3.99 inactivity fee because your account is frozen so of course there is gonna be no activity A REAL SCAM

Sounds like your account is deactivated send another email asking them to show you either a receipt or the exact infraction that cause them to deactivate your account. Tell them you do not want the same stock email and you expect a response by the end of the day. Further advise them if this does not happen that you will sue them for defamation of character and practice your freedom of speech under the First Amendment and let every possible media know Ibotta is nothing more than a scam site and frankly quite surprising that there in Colorado their behavior is that of a company overseas. I did this and received an email that day stating as a one-time courtesy they were going to reactivate me however should this Behavior continue. Inappropriate customer service as they are still accusing me but have nothing to prove. Once your account is activated immediately transfer your money into your PayPal account from PayPal put it straight into your bank account and say goodbye to Ibotta there are other sites that are much easier

By Annette B.

I just transferred $95.05 to my paypal for the first time. I've had the app for about a month and a half. The trick is to make SURE you have the correct Ibotta password you used when you installed the app and the correct password to your PayPal account after you have linked it to Ibotta. It went super smooth but if you put in the wrong password on either it will not go through (nor should it).

By Musicman R.

You have submit Help request on their website -- not their app. I have done it, but it has been 8 days, and I still haven't gotten any help. Me thinks they don't want to pay out. No more Ibotta until they fix this.

By Lin Z.

nothing, they wont let you withdraw monies. they will take $ from the manufacturer that is earmarked for you and they wont pay up. horrible app.misleading and time wasting

By S W.

Jan 15, 2019 Same here. A linked Paypal account mysterious became unlinked. Trying to get it linked caused my account to be locked. Reading all the other reviews, it seems that they don't want to pay out. $20+ down the tubes.

By Lin Z.

I ask the same thing. Ibotta app is a scam! Warn your friends it's a scam!

By JC W.

Questions? Get answers from the Ibotta staff and other customers.

13 Photos for Ibotta