Review of Ibotta

Denver, CO 80202
support@ibotta.com

jessicab589
1/16/19

Scam, locked my account then deactivated it, I did file a lawsuit on top class action file yours if they stole money from you

sharond284
1/16/19

Earned $20. I could not redeem. Asked help desk, sent emails and nothing. Decided to give it one more try. Accumulated $25 (which is not easy) tried to cash in for Target and received error saying I already redeemed. After several days I was able to redeem Wal-Mart card. Took my balance down to $1.00 and never got my card. Put in a help request, email, and nothing. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME. THEY NOW OWE ME ALMOST $50 AND I WILL PROBABLY NEVER GET!!!

linz7
1/15/19

0 rating !

I have been using Ibotta for over 2 years.
5 times I have used Paypal to transfer the rewards I earned out of my account.

Oh no! NOT this time.

8 days ago I exceeded the $20 requirement so I went to transfer the money out.
Nope!
My Paypal was no longer linked.

I tried every sort of way to get it linked again, but it only caused my account to be locked.

It has been 8 days since I submitted a Help ticket and still no response.

Their system messed up, and I am sitting here without my money.

Day #9 Jan. 16, 2019 ---
My account was unlocked.

I was told
"Our automated system flagged your account for review based on one of the following reasons: user data, shopping behavior, or account audits. We have completed the review and have restored full access to your account."

I still cannot link my Paypal account. Still getting error message about problem with email address. So, I transferred my money to Venmo.

No more Ibotta for me!

dinaa26
1/14/19

I was locked out of my account for absolutely no reason or explanation like many other users. I don't have multiple accounts, I've never uploaded a receipt that isn't mine. Never once took advantage.

alext190
1/11/19

Hello, I downloaded this app because a friend showed it to me and then referred me. We did all the proper steps to use referal code and then since I have used app so much I have gotten 70$ back in two months. My main two issues with app are : the customer service is horrible. Takes days and sometimes weeks to get a responce ans a lot of times they send you articlws to read, which is not what you want. You want your issue to be solved or credit to be given that is missing. Also the friend referral is either scam or they do not want to honor it. Person who referred me two months ago never get her 5$ and now 3 days ago I referred a friend, who used the app , and they never honored it. My last straw was when I did a liquore store purchase of 1.75L smirnoff for the 3$ rebate and got reciete from store.. ibotta told me it was not a valid reciete. Well ladies and gentleman I dont know how much more valid it can get or wha they want from me because that is what the store gave me. So i did everything right on my part and they never paid me. Then they took the whole offer away next day. Once again, poor customer service, do not honor their friend referral and now telling me that my store reciete is nof valid which was from a actual liquore store.

jesa1
1/10/19

they accused me of returning the items without giving any proof and refused to credit my account. i never returned any of the items i purchased. they also never replied to my messages and blocked me on facebook after my first post. exact copy of my post THEY DELETED: "hI. Why is my account locked? And what do you mean the items have been returned? That is false. How did you get to that conclusion? I hope you credit me what I earned"

a very shady business. stay away!!

dhiraja
1/8/19

They allow you to submit receipts multiple times (which is againt their policy) and then deactivate your account. Its the responsibility of the app to detect invalid receipts and bolck them. You cant leave that responsibility to users. Its a huge waste of time.

angelac295
1/7/19

I was able to get my account up to $70 in earnings and then when I attempted to withdraw them they deactivated my account with no warning or reasoning. I emailed the company multiple times to figure out why. Finally I took it to BBB and then I got a response from the company. They stated I submitted the same receipt more than once. ( I may have buy accident, I grocery shop quite a bit)Also told me that one or more of the receipts where used by a different account. Again , my husband could have by mistake picked up one of the ones I already submitted. We both had an account and would alternate receipts to submit. But instead of warning us like a lot of the other apps do. ( Receipt hog,coinout) They tell you, this has already been submitted we can not accept it and that's the end of it. NOT with Ibotta, they will just deactivate your account without speaking to you first and keep your earnings.

laurag344
Laura g.
1/6/19

account is blocked and followed the ibbota rules, I am a new member, you can return my account, thanks

rocksa
12/30/18

I don't buy most of the products Ibotta offers so it was really tedious to accumulate the minimum cash out amount. When I tried to cash out it failed to pay anything. I had a lot going on at the time and stopped using the app. When prompted by an email months later that my account was being charged the $3.99, I had forgotten what happened and went on to collect some more points. Now, for the second time, Ibotta will not cash me out. Below is a screen shot of their shenanigans. All information was already entered, verified and accepted...Except when I checkout! I am changing the passwords to accounts I have connected to it in any way. (Paypal, email)
I will be getting my thrift on somewhere else.

amym623
12/30/18

Well, I'm new to the whole ibotta app, like many most likely did not read every single word in the terms and conditions. I thought it was fairly straight forward. Well l, made a couple errors, one was a duplicate receipt, the other was a receipt cut it half. My account was flagged and I was immediately labeled a fraud for trying to take advantage of the system. I reached out to support explaining I was simply unaware what I did and that I would never intentionally go against the terms of conditions and if they could give explain to me if there was anything else I was doing wrong. I was deactivated and they ended all communication. I felt humiliated that I was being treated as a fraud. They are ruthless and I told them I hope they can change the way they handle manners in the future and educate, inform and give a warning that your not redeeming offers correctly.

falcona
12/20/18

I started small a few months ago with no problem, then I do a big shopping trip and get home to scan. I had almost $40 in credit but most of the items scanning were saying not valid item, well bull @#$% I contacted them and they said they could not read my receipt and only verified $16. Steal from me once I am all set!!!

jcw16
12/19/18

REPEAT, IBOTTA IS A SCAM! SOMEONE NEEDS TO FILE A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT AGAINST THEM FOR THEIR FRAUDULENT WAYS! ALL THE BAD REVIEWS YOU SEE ALL OVER THE INTERNET, ARE 100% TRUE! I REFERRED WELL OVER 20 PEOPLE & MORE THAN 10 OF THEM SIGNED UP & I HAD OVER $200 OF CASH REWARDS THAT I TRIED TO GET CREDIT FOR & AS SOON AS I TRIED TO GET MY MONEY, THEY LOCKED MY ACCOUNT & THEN A WEEK LATER, THEY DEACTIVATED IT! THEY TOLD ME SOME CRAP STORY! THEY MUST MAKE MILLIONS OF DOLLARS A YEAR SCAMMING PEOPLE THAT SIGN UP FOR THE IBOTTA APP! THE REVIEWS DON'T LIE! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE SOMEONE FILE A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT AGAINST THEM CROOKS!

sherria27
12/16/18

I challenge myself to save money. I spend a lot of time making lists and checking for best prices. I did not withdrawal my money until Christmas time. After a year of saving through the in store and online savings through ibotta I went to withdraw and they said they didnt like my shopping pattern so they closed my account. If most of my shopping was through their app to online sites how can that not be your purchase? I went to BBB but Ibotta just doesn't care.

justines27
12/13/18

I contacted Ibotta over a week ago when I needed to change my phone number and email so I could cash out.havent heard back from a person yet! they stole $27 from me.i filed w BBB.lucky I didn't let my goal add up to over $100 bc I would sue them.it cost $30 to file lawsuit aginist them.im on EBT and disability they scammed my kids out of money for Xmas this yr.im not the only one I went on thier FB page a ton of ppl saying no response stole thier money.i wasted my money buying brand name when I could have just saved in the beginning shopping at adli.one lady even said her PayPal got hacked after using Ibotta.dont waste ur time or money on this scamming app.they are commiting false advertising and coupon fraud.i like to check into how many times they have been sued.

carolt160
12/13/18

I've been cashing in soon as I reach 20.00, now they are saying oops your phone number is not right. And if you don't remember the old one you don't get paid. Well I've cashed out the last few time with my current number but do know my old one and sent them that number too. Reading these posts only tells me I have a good chance of never receiving my 20.00. Will see and I will be back here to let everyone know. Knowing this company is from liberal Colorado , I'm not getting my hopes up to high. Lefties are very scandalous.

sarahis2
12/6/18

I have withdrawn my money from ibotta twice for about $30 a pop, other than having a complicated process to redeem your money (I use venmo), it seems legit. However when I've done large purchases and redeemed over $10 on a receipt it will sometimes be pending for a lot longer than it should - I think this is where the fraud claims come in. I've never been locked out of my account but I don't know if it would if I really started buying all of my things 100% through ibotta. So my advice, if you're going to do it, take it out quick and don't try to outsmart the system

yangboh
12/4/18

Take care. No other extra words. Nothing to say. Not worth it. Why do I need to write for so long? I have nothing to say. Too bad!!!

sw226
12/3/18

Be VERY careful allowing your monies owed add up. I proudly let mine slowly and surely add up to $100 and was excited to cash out. As soon as I did, they marked me as fraudulent yet I have all of my receipts proving that as not the case. Considering putting together a class action as from what I have found ,this is pretty normal actions from Ibotta. Beware!! You are wasting your time YET allowing Ibotta provide FREE mkting, buying, learning yoru habits from location finders etc to the manufacturers and they are being paid by the manufacturers YET NOT PAYING THE CONSUMER as promised.

flavioh7
12/1/18

Not only waste of time, but they make it hard for you to withdraw your credits.... trying to reset my password to be able to get my money, it has been several days, and I still couldn't.... it may work if you have little money, so cash out asap and get out of it

jameyb15
11/23/18

I would have items on my receipt the same day I would try to redeem and half the time, never got the cash back for the item! One day I redeemed receipts, forgetting which ones I had done already and because I did this, they permanently closed my account, no warning or anything. IMHO, this app isn't worth the hassle. I'll stick with Ebates!

cathyr129
11/20/18

It was great when I first signed up, tons of rebates on items I actually buy regularly. After the second time I cashed out at the $20 minimum each time, the rebate amounts were drastically lower, and rebates no longer existed for things I buy. It's all off-brand stuff or lots of packaged processed foods. They're getting a ton of user/demographic data from users of the app -- I guess the least they could do is make it worthwhile?

As soon as I'm done with this review, I'm deleting it.

kimb499
11/14/18

They give a lot of good deals when you first join. They get worse the more you use. 25 cents for any item to 10 cents!! Many of the offers like any eggs or cheese become less and less after they rope you in. As you look for offers you have to keep scrolling down and seeing the same offers over and over again in different categories. Very time consuming.
Then all of a sudden when you start trying different offers and accumulating money in account they deactivate your account. The reason... because you use from same establishment 2 times in a day!! I'm pretty sure we have all gone back to a store once in awhile in same day. They assume because you submit a second receipt that it couldn't possibly be yours!! Send "ticket for explanation. None given.
Starts out good...scam in the end.

fallonm1
11/14/18

This app is a complete waste of time. They lock your account therefore, you cannot withdraw or get a gift card. After weeks of requests they claim to unlock it through email; it's still locked. Beware!! Waste of time and effort.

latonyaw7
11/14/18

Been using app for almost 2 years. Never an issue. Withdrew as little as $20 and as much as $100 towards AMAZON gift cards etc.. Now all of a sudden I am locked out. I earned $150 and wanted to withdraw for gift card for lunch and Hotel.com for room. So much for my weekend trip. Been waiting for response for a week now.

Sounds like your account is deactivated send another email asking them to show you either a receipt or the exact infraction that cause them to deactivate your account. Tell them you do not want the same stock email and you expect a response by the end of the day. Further advise them if this does not happen that you will sue them for defamation of character and practice your freedom of speech under the First Amendment and let every possible media know Ibotta is nothing more than a scam site and frankly quite surprising that there in Colorado their behavior is that of a company overseas. I did this and received an email that day stating as a one-time courtesy they were going to reactivate me however should this Behavior continue. Inappropriate customer service as they are still accusing me but have nothing to prove. Once your account is activated immediately transfer your money into your PayPal account from PayPal put it straight into your bank account and say goodbye to Ibotta there are other sites that are much easier

By Annette B.

Wow. This same exact thing happened to me! It took a month before I was finally able get my funds. I didn't think it was a scam but it is absolutely A SCAM!!! They wait until you want to withdraw your cash to pull out all the stops on reasons you can't. Anyone who has ANY issue with receiving their funds from Ibotta needs to make sure that they at least file a complaint / OR review with the BBB (the BBB lets you file a complaint OR review about a company BUT NOT BOTH) or file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission. This company is getting over on people who are giving up and not doing all they can to get the money they earned. They counting on you to say forget it so that they don't have to pay you that money. Despicable isn't it? Good Luck.

By Lucy M.

You have submit Help request on their website -- not their app. I have done it, but it has been 8 days, and I still haven't gotten any help. Me thinks they don't want to pay out. No more Ibotta until they fix this.

By Lin Z.

nothing, they wont let you withdraw monies. they will take $ from the manufacturer that is earmarked for you and they wont pay up. horrible app.misleading and time wasting

By S W.

Jan 15, 2019 Same here. A linked Paypal account mysterious became unlinked. Trying to get it linked caused my account to be locked. Reading all the other reviews, it seems that they don't want to pay out. $20+ down the tubes.

By Lin Z.

I ask the same thing. Ibotta app is a scam! Warn your friends it's a scam!

By JC W.

Questions? Get answers from the Ibotta staff and other customers.

11 Photos for Ibotta