Review of Ibotta

Denver, CO 80202
support@ibotta.com

joannef63
6/23/19

These people were really good until they started making money and realizing they can manipulate the submissions in order to REFUSE PAYING EARNED MONEY! THIS SEEMS TO HAPPEN ESPECIALLY WITH LARGER AMOUNTS OWED THE CONSUMER!

ITS BECOME A CON JOB! IBOTTA IS KNOWINGLY SCAMMING PEOPLE!

Tip for consumers: ITS BECOME A SCAM! THE IBOTTA PEOPLE ARE GETTING RICH AT OUR EXPENSE! ITS NOW CON JOB!

katieh179
6/21/19

iBotta recently added Publix to their app to receive automatic credits from your purchases at the store. I did a lot of planning thru the app and it has been almost a week now and no credit. Their customer service is taking 4-7 days to return emails. Looks like they are going downhill fast with this app. A few years ago when I got the app it was helpful, but now it really takes my time and when no credits are issued for my valid purchases it makes me not want to use it.

sams622
6/20/19

Ibotta has really gone down hill over the last year. Part of their Schtick is connecting you grocery loyalty card so the rebates register automatically. It worked great for about 6 months and then not at all. Contacting customer support is a joke. They send you some canned response that does not address the issue. It is frustrating and takes forever to resolve if it gets resolved at all. This app is not worth the frustration and hassle.

juliew8
6/20/19

They took the money out of my account that I already earned and never credited me for all the items that I correctly purchased! This business need a lawsuit against them!

sherrid34
6/20/19

Worked really well in the beginning, now I am unable to get credit for items purchased. I am now required to attach my local stores loyalty card, can not summit the day of shopping and I receive no credit(s), not even for the store receipt. Tired of fighting and resubmitting, once I reach a dollar amount I can pull out, I am done with IBOTTA.

valeriec196
6/20/19

They are really bad about crediting for online purchases using their app...Have waited 7 months for a $21 credit and still don't have it.

gregorye32
6/20/19

I had never experienced anything negative with Ibotta until I tried to claim a $100 reward they have owed me from a purchase I made in March 2019. I booked a trip using Orbitz where I went through the Ibotta app. I did receive another rebate related to this trip so I am totally baffled. When I checked the status of the reward it indicated it could take up to 75 days. I have been contacting them since day 75 and the response time to each of my inquiries has been horrible - usually several days. In my last inquiry about the reward, they told me it could take 100 days to get my reward. It has now been over 100 days and still no reward. When I click on the Pending status in Ibotta I keep getting a Notification Failed message which I have been getting for several days. I am starting to think I will never see my reward. I am deeply disappointed with this company.

tamarah79
6/18/19

In the beginning everything worked well. Then the , linked stores like Publix (nothing bad to say about Publix), should automatically provide the credit for items checked in the App. I have now emailed Ibotta for the last 8-10 credits and today Ibotta asked me to send pics of the box, barcodes and receipts, while the receipts are linked. What a hassle. Not worth it, unless the App works as it did when I start to use it.

megant85
6/16/19

They kept not counting my purchases and not crediting my account. I contacted the customer support and they kept putting me off and putting me off. Don't waste your time or your sanity!!

michellez57
6/16/19

I don't care too much for this app because it's so specific. You have to buy a specific item in a specific size in a specific store to qualify for the cash back. I did an online order through the app and was supposed to get a $5 bonus. I met the timeline of the bonus and all the requirements and yet Ibotta never credited me the $5. I contacted customer support. It took over 3 days for them to respond. They asked for more details. I provided those to them days ago and still no response and no bonus credited to my account. If they are going to advertise a bonus they need to make good on it.

emilyw251
6/16/19

They kept all the money that I earned & told me my phone number that I was using was registered to a 3rd party app & refused to allow me to withdraw any other way because it was considered suspicious activity. Ridiculous, don't use this app!!!

michaeli18
6/14/19

Overall this is a pretty good app. I do have problems with it at times not getting credit for things that I bought. This company needs to hire more people to help because I shouldn't have to wait 4 to 6 days to get a response back. Right now I'm waiting for a response because it won't show me any of my earnings or anything that's processing. Get on the ball, please hire more people! Also I have waited at times for a five days to get credit on items I have bought.

olivial84
6/13/19

I am beyond impressed with Ibotta. I am up to 50 dollars now- and every time I have had an issue customer service has been fast and very helpful. One time they even credited my account when I misunderstood the rebate- but just asked kindly for me to re read the rebate offer. I LOVE Ibotta!! Best app I have ever gotten.

neilh109
6/13/19

Signed up for it, just to see what it was like. Scanning a receipt was too much of a hassle. I still had to hunt on a long list for that one item that was eligible.

Now I'm getting emails that they're going to charge me a $3.99 maintenance fee unless I start using the app again. Supposedly they'll keep doing this every month until my Ibotta account reaches $0. Shouldn't take too long. I never earned any savings to add to the account.

pauls1182
6/6/19

I have used Ibotta for about 10 months and have received about $200 in cash back. That's the good news.

The bad news is I made my first online purchase through Ibotta recently and within six hours, my bank was contacting me because someone hacked my credit card info. The hacker made an unauthorized purchase and attempted to make two ATM withdrawals.

I have been exchanging emails with Ibotta's customer service about the hacking issue. They apparently don't have anyone who investigates cyber security issues because they just keep telling me they take your personal data seriously and have a 256-bit bank level encryption. So...that doesn't explain how my credit card info got hacked and how they are going to prevent it from happening again to me or someone else. I will NEVER make an online purchase through the Ibotta again.

meredithm44
6/5/19

I have never had issues with my app until just this last week. I cashed in my money for a gift card and never got the gift card. I followed the directions on how to resend it, but still nothing. So i put in a ticket for help, 4 different tickets I have now put in and no response at all!

caraw22
6/3/19

I have gotten back $700 over the past 2.5 years and have never had an issue with receipts or claiming my cash.

sarahj451
5/30/19

They wrongly accused me of using the same receipt twice and then took all of the money that I had earned and then some. Definitely not using them again!

dianak107
5/28/19

They take money from you and will find any reason to lock you out of your account. I've gone to them twice on them taking money out of my account and they claim it's because of unusual activity though there was none. I had around $70 and ended up with a little over $20. They are scammers.

angelam453
5/24/19

This company uses any excuse to steal you money you work hard to earn....first they reject legit offered you try to claim....then later when you get to cash out if you lose the number you signed up with that is their excuse not to pay you....never mind your paypal account is still the same. And honest company would have other ways to verify since phone numbers come and go...

jw412
5/23/19

I've tried this app for over a year. Maybe, I mean maybe, quarter of the the offers end up being redeemable. There is always some reason: the receipt was blurry, couldn't locate the item on the receipt, item pending, item pending. Therefore a person will never get a payment after the first one. I was never able to link any loyalty cards. Just a huge waste of time and energy for 25 cents!

andyb208
5/23/19

I Love Ibotta. I'm almost in the $1000 club. Costumer service has always been helpful when I've had a question or problem.

lynnr163
5/23/19

I submitted a receipt 6 times and they deny it because they can't read the date. That is a lie because the date and other info is clear. My rebate for the receipt is $10.25. I don't think they want to give me that much money. I believe if I resubmit the receipt and ask for only $1 they will see the date

lz11
5/21/19

I have been using this app for a year now and have cashed out over $60 successfully. They have great bonuses for completing a certain amount of offers which motivates me to do more and save more. Recently, I hit the $20 mark again and trying cashing out but keep getting error messages. I contacted support and they said they have been working on the issue with cash out to PayPal and it will work again once they come out with an app update. I am hoping that this is true and will happen soon.

nancym552
5/18/19

I had downloaded the app a very long time ago and forgot about it. That is, until they sent me an email that I would be charged money for not using the account! I asked them to cancel my account, that I was not using it anyway. They just sent me the following:
Account Maintenance Fees will not be deducted from an Ibotta account balance as long as an offer is redeemed in the Ibotta account within a six month period. If an account goes six months without redeeming an offer, Ibotta will deduct an amount equal to $3.99 from the accumulated Ibotta earnings every month prior to reactivation ("Account Maintenance Fee"). However, prior to the end of the six month inactivity period, we will remind you to redeem an offer so that you have time to avoid Account Maintenance Fees.
So, i guess now, every 6 months, for the rest of my life, I have to tell them to not charge my account?!?!??!?! How is this legal????

Sounds like your account is deactivated send another email asking them to show you either a receipt or the exact infraction that cause them to deactivate your account. Tell them you do not want the same stock email and you expect a response by the end of the day. Further advise them if this does not happen that you will sue them for defamation of character and practice your freedom of speech under the First Amendment and let every possible media know Ibotta is nothing more than a scam site and frankly quite surprising that there in Colorado their behavior is that of a company overseas. I did this and received an email that day stating as a one-time courtesy they were going to reactivate me however should this Behavior continue. Inappropriate customer service as they are still accusing me but have nothing to prove. Once your account is activated immediately transfer your money into your PayPal account from PayPal put it straight into your bank account and say goodbye to Ibotta there are other sites that are much easier

By Annette B.

I just transferred $95.05 to my paypal for the first time. I've had the app for about a month and a half. The trick is to make SURE you have the correct Ibotta password you used when you installed the app and the correct password to your PayPal account after you have linked it to Ibotta. It went super smooth but if you put in the wrong password on either it will not go through (nor should it).

By Musicman R.

Because they deny certain purchases due to cost! It's become a scam!

By Joanne F.

You have submit Help request on their website -- not their app. I have done it, but it has been 8 days, and I still haven't gotten any help. Me thinks they don't want to pay out. No more Ibotta until they fix this.

By Lin Z.

nothing, they wont let you withdraw monies. they will take $ from the manufacturer that is earmarked for you and they wont pay up. horrible app.misleading and time wasting

By S W.

Jan 15, 2019 Same here. A linked Paypal account mysterious became unlinked. Trying to get it linked caused my account to be locked. Reading all the other reviews, it seems that they don't want to pay out. $20+ down the tubes.

By Lin Z.

I ask the same thing. Ibotta app is a scam! Warn your friends it's a scam!

By JC W.

Questions? Get answers from the Ibotta staff and other customers.

14 Photos for Ibotta