Review of Amazon.ca

410 Terry Avenue North
Seattle, WA 98109, US

stevev48
12/22/17
Never buy from a third party and Amazon was useless at helping with the situation.Shop local waaaaaaaay less headaches.
mystu
12/12/17
Everyone single book I have ordered for Amazon in the past few years had bent corners, pages or stains.

Also, they care enough to let you know a few days later your order was cancelled when your credit card transaction wasn't approved but not enough to remind you what was in the order. That's amazing when you have a lot of orders going.
petern64
12/7/17
I'm going to require replacement orders for two replacement orders. That is right the original orders were no shows and now the replacement orders have also failed to arrive. Doing this over and over is insane.
giseled1
11/27/17
I always make sure that the product is "shipped and sold by Amazon" anywhere else I don't bother because I've had problems with knock offs or delivery times. Anything that was in fact shipped and sold by Amazon has been right on par. So many great deals. I LOVE SHOPPING OON AMAZON.
annieh40
11/27/17
Everything I have EVER ORDERED and PAID FOR ? I NEVER RECEIVED and Their is WAY TO MANY LISTED ITEMS in there for sale? That simply? DONT EVEN EXIST!! Seller takes your money ? then de activates their accounts. WAY TO GO AMAZON !! Took ME an ENTIRE DAY TO GET MY MONEY BACK, VIA PHONE CALLS, Then was made to WAIT almost 4 entire week days for my refund. The Last time I ordered a cat scratch pole for 100.00 and paid for it? was told 6 days later theres no such item???? and the seller doesnt exist??? WTF? Then was made to wait almost another entire week for that refund. so NOT IMPRESSED, and? NEVER AGAIN. BOOOOO!!!!! Oh and AMAZON? STRIKE 3 !! YOUR OUT!!
darioj6
11/24/17
Ordered a rug for my mom on her birthday and got something that looks nothing like the one we ordered. Dealing with Amazon customer support was a complete waste of time and a headache. I will never shop here again. Ever.
philipc77
11/23/17
Terrible do not think they have any concerns about who they associate with. Received my package and it was open ed previously returned and damaged.
jasonf95
11/16/17
Now that Amazon Echo is available in Canada I pre-ordered the Echo Plus. I then signed up for Amazon Prime. Everything online indicated you could add two adults to one Prime account so Echo works seamlessly. I couldn't find the functionality on the .ca site so I started a chat. It has now been 2.5 hours and I have been transferred NINE times. They still haven't answered me....WOW!
andrewb144
11/15/17
Ordered a product to be shipped to my home address. They say the came to my door and that I would have to go to a post office to pick up my item. I was home all day. No note was left showing attempted delivery. I called and they said they would send a replacement in 2 days. The EXACT same thing happened. Said they tried to deliver and no one was home. I was home all day. I work from home. Amazon.ca and Canada post are together a horrible combination. I cancelled and am waiting on a refund. Next time i will save the hassle and just buy what I need in the store .
patricen2
11/13/17
I bought a Samsung S7 Egde on Amazon, after 2 months it has stopped working. I contacted Amazon, on May 16 2017, as instructed by them, I returned the item for repair to their warehouse.
Here is the delivery status of the return provided by Canadapost"
"Tracking Number: *******743745916
Return Policy ID: PR102916

Shipment Status: Item Delivered on May 19, 2017
"
The delay I was provided for the repair was minimum 4 weeks but no more than 6 weeks. I've started to call Amazon since July first for update, I get the same automated answer from their helpdesk "We have sent an email to our A to Z guarantee team, they will get back to you within 24 hours for refund".
The message from they A-Z guarantee team is invarably the same:

"Hello,

I'm sorry to hear there was a problem with order #**************233. Because the order was placed more than 90 days ago, you aren't eligible for reimbursement under the terms of our A-to-z Guarantee. I really apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

You may want to contact your local postal inspector or a national consumer protection agency, such as the Internet Fraud Complaint Center.

For more information about our A-to-z Guarantee, please go to our Help pages:

We hope to see you again soon.

Akram
Amazon.com"

Don't be fooled, Akram at the bottom of the signature is not a human, this is an automated message.

I spoke earlier today with a lady named "Mary D", she refused to give me her employee ID for proper identification, refused to escalate to someone above her who could finaly handle this case. The only option she offered was for me to wait for another automated message from their A-to-z Guarantee.

What a disgrace !
jennifery36
11/9/17
The benefits of becoming an Amazon Prime member is the two days or one day fast shipping. I placed my order on Nov.6, 2017, and they shipped on Nov 8, and promised that I'll receive my product by Nov 9, 2017. Since I'm really doubt about that the delivery can be done in 1 day, so I send email and online chat to confirm. Amazon's CSR confirmed to me no worry about the date of delivery and I'll receive it on time. So, I waited at home all day long until 8:30pm on Nov 9, 2017 , and no delivery yet. I was wondering where's the hell of product. So I checked the status of my order on Amazon.ca, and it says arriving today (Nov 9), and I don't believe that they can make it. So I contact the customer service, and was told the product would be delivered by Nov 10, what a joke!!! I'm a prime member and Amazon can't fulfill their promise, then what's the point to pay for a prime membership. So disappointed. By the way, the shipping company is Intelcom Courrier Canada Inc. Very very sucks,
nickd92
11/8/17
Amazon has it's ups and it's downs. Their customer service response turn over is fast, their responses are horrendously laughable. I don't know why Amazon chooses to be so difficult when it comes to shipping. My mailing address is a P.O box end of story, if I use my physical address to receive mail I will never get it. Amazon is the only website I've ever used to give such push back on it and it's an annoyance I don't need and they give me such pitiful responses. It has prevented me from making major purchases on their website. My business is best elsewhere.
veraa13
11/7/17
WARNING* This review contains a passionate record of my experiences with Amazon.ca and is based on several experiences with Amazon.ca, Amazon Prime and any other Amazon affiliate associated in the following emails.

I had made a purchase using my amazon prime free trial membership account. As amazon CLEARLY stats, they offer a GUARANTEE to deliver your products on the exact time specified when purchasing products being sent to an eligible address; given you make the purchase within the stated time window. Im my case my products were guaranteed to arrive over the weekend ( 1st order on the Saturday and 2nd order on the Sunday sometime in October) because I had ordered on a Thursday and Friday the same week. I work a full time job just the same as ANY hardworking person and I had made these purchases because Amazon GUARANTEED to have them delivered over the weekend. In short, both orders were late with absolutely no effort to reach out to me before hand to let me know there was a delay and this resulted in me having to stay home on the following Monday to receive my deliveries. I had explained to THREE supervisors ( no use mentioning the reps because they are not authorized to make decisions regarding credits or compensation) that I missed important meetings at work with very important clients because I was forced to work from home. I dont know about you but I like to be HOME when I am to receive a package because I myself like to be the one who receives it instead of having it sitting outside on my doorstep in the rain or stolen. Thats happened to me twice in the past when parcels were left outside. Finally after the excessive and downright unnecessary explanation on my part a supervisor by the name of Samantha agreed to apply a promotional certificate of $40CDN to my prime account and she extended my prime membership an extra month. I am completed to add that I NEVER wanted to do business with this company EVER again and asked to have the certificate balance in the form of a cheque but Samantha assured me that I would be able to purchase ANYTHING sold or shipped by Amazon in the future so I reluctantly agreed to give them another chance. Fast forward to yesterday when I tried purchasing an eGift-Card from amazon ( a product of Amazon which is sold and shipped BY AMAZON) I didnt see the $40CDN on my account at purchase. I then contacted amazon via email and explained that the credit wasnt there. A rep by the name of Yasar replied at 4:15am EST saying

As per promised, I've issued a CDN$ 40.00 promotional certificate to your Amazon.ca account, which will automatically apply the next time you order an eligible item sold and shipped by Amazon.ca and does not require a claim code. The promotional certificate doesn't apply to items offered by other sellers on the Amazon.ca website and won't cover the shipping costs or any applicable tax of an order.Your promotional balance doesn't appear in Your Account but will always display when you place an order for an item shipped and sold by Amazon

No where in this email did it say that gift cards of ANY kind were not an ELIGIBLE item and considering Samanthas words I'm able to offer you is a $40 promotional certificate which is applicable to ANYTHING sold and shipped by us

I went ahead and tried to make the purchase again. Credit wasnt there. So I emailed AGAIN... this is what I was told

Message From Customer Service

Hello ,

I'm sorry to hear about the problem with your order.

I can understand that you are having difficulty redeeming the promotional certificate of $40.00. There is no need to worry.

I checked and see that a CDN$ 40.00 has been applied to your account and you're eligible for this promotion.

Upon checking, I see that you are applying Amazon.ca<http://Amazon.ca> eGift Card - Canadian Flag and there is no need to worry. You can proceed to place the order and I can confirm that the $40 promotional certificate will be applied to your order.

However, If you still find any difficulty placing your order, I'd suggest you to place the order for the same item with ANY SELLER fulfilled by Amazon using fastest shipping method and write back us with the order number so that we'll apply the promotional certificate manually to your order.

On a personal note, I'd like to let you know that its our privilege to have you as our valued customer & would like to thank you for your continued support.

We look forward to a very warm and fruitful association with you.
We'd appreciate your feedback. Please use the buttons below to vote us about your experience today.

Lalu

Now knowing the difficulty Ive been having with Amazon and the constant miscommunication I decided NOT to go ahead and place the order in fear of losing more money and instead opted to call them and have them walk me through the purchase.

Calling now for oh I dont know the HUNDREDTH time I was connected with a supervisor named Mary who informed me that it was impossible to process the order because gift cards were not an eligible item... HOLD ON

1) I was told by SAMANTHA (SUPERVISOR) that I could use my credit towards ANYTHING sold and shipped by amazon.

2) I was told by YASAR (CSR) that I in-fact was able to make this purchase.

3) I was told by LALU (CSR) that I should not worry and that the credit will be applied to my order.

So why in the hell am I now being told that this is not the case?

Oh but wait, heres the kicker...

After being hung up on by the supervisor named Mary who clearly had me on mute the whole time during my call ( I know this because she couldnt even repeat what I had said or answer any question I had asked) I was then forced to write this LAST EMAIL.

This email is to inform you that despite your promises of making up for my past inconvenience I have now been FURTHER inconvenienced by the other reps and Supervisors at Amazon.ca. I just got off the phone with a so called supervisor who hung up on me after I asked her what can be done to help me! Her name is Mary and I am disgusted with her behaviour. I would like you ALL to review the emails sent to me by your reps and supervisors and explain to me why in Gods name do you make false statements. I was told by you (Samantha) who initially applied my promotional certificate balance that it can be used towards ANY amazon.ca product sold and shipped by amazon.ca. This is apparently a LIE because I am now being told that I cannot use this balance for gift cards DESPITE being told SEVERAL times that there is absolutely NO PROBLEM . FYI , amazon gift cards are SOLD AND SHIPPED BY AMAZON and if not specifically stated that they cannot be used towards my promotional balance then you need to honour that promise because it is in fact an amazon.ca product. CHECK THE EMAILS THAT YOUR REPS HAVE BEEN SENDING ME!!! Either this company is in the business of cheating and misleading its customers or everyone is just LIARS. I am sick of all of this and I am now demanding that something be done to put an end to this ! How are you further inconveniencing me after making me stay on as a member of your services? I was holding off on reviewing Amazon.ca but now I am writing my review on my EXACT experiences with this company. I am forwarding ALL the emails for you to see just how unprofessional and misleading everyone has been concerning my dilemma. I am also requesting that the calls from today be sent to real quality assurance reps because after today there is no way ANYTHING that was told to me was accurate or professional.

Heres what I got back...

Your Account Amazon.ca
Message From Customer Service
Hello,

I understand your concern in this regard.

Your current promotional balance is: $40.00.
Your available balance appears in the payment section
when you place a qualifying order for new items shipped and sold by Amazon.ca. Eligible funds will be automatically applied to your qualifying order. This promotional balance doesn't appear in Your Account (you'll only see gift card balances there).

To view the Terms and Conditions for using your
promotional funds, go to our Help pages:

For more information about promotional codes,
including the terms and conditions of use and
what happens when you return an order paid for with a
promotional code, go to:

I sorry we can't able to call from our end

We're happy to help you over the phone. Please visit the following link, enter your phone number through the Phone tab, and we'll call you:

I'm so sorry, but we can't offer any additional insight
or action on this matter.

We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

Madhan R

Hey Amazon.ca why dont you get your heads
out of each others asses and take the damn time
to READ and LISTEN to customer complaints?
Im calling out this joke-of-a-company because
they REFUSE to take responsibility for its
employees words and makes me believe that they
INTENTIONALLY misinform the public by
FALSELY ADVERTISING their services!!!!
THAT IS A CRIMINAL OFFENCE UNDER THE
COMPETITION ACT YOU MORONS!!
THIS REVIEW WILL BE POSTED EVERYWHERE
AND I HOPE YOU ALL GET WHATS COMING FOR
YOU.

Sincerely,

The little guy.
edgarb26
11/7/17
I ordered a propane hose thru prime same.day delivery
They kept.on telling me that it was on the way for delivery every day. and it got delivered 3 days after.
Their customer.seevice.dont.know.what they are talking about. And they will lie to you to compensate for their incompetence
I have nothing good.to.say about their service. People should get fired for what they do in Amazon. There is no training or accountability.from the management team
andrap2
11/4/17
DONT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THEM, THEY CHARGE YOUR CREDIT CARD, AND THEY DON'T REFUND ANY MONEY. THAN YOU HAVE TO DEAL WITH CREDIT CARD COMPANY AND THEY DON'T CARE. THE CREDIT CARD COMPANY TOLD YOU TO DEAL WITH AMAZON,,,THAN YOU LOOSE YOUR CREDIT CARD, OR YOU GOOD TO PAY THE BILL TO AMAZON AND CREDIT CARD COMPANY CANCELL YOUR CREDIT CARD BUT SEND YOU THE BILL TO PAY.
terriew4
10/30/17
Ordered phones, food saver & security products & received two business days later! Fast delivery through Purolator. I'll be back!
carlm80
10/23/17
We purchased a LGG5 phone from Amazon in March 2017. The seller is gsmHERO.
The price was $650 cdn. Over the summer, the phone had issues sending/receiving text messages. After spending a few weeks phoning the cell phone provider - Virgin Mobile, LG Canada and LG US, LG US determined that the phone is not compatible with the Canadian market. It is a phone certified for use in Hong Kong. Due to the time taken to determine the cause of the problem, the phone is out of the refund period of 1 month. Amazon have washed their hands of all responsibility and will not provide refund. The seller has admitted that the phone is certified for Hong Kong. Our argument is, what is Amazon Canada doing advertising phones for sale in Canada that are not compatible for Canada? They have left us to deal with this with the seller. When you buy an item from a store, the store is responsible if the item is defective. DO NOT BUY PHONES FROM AMAZON. this dispute is now being followed up legally.

Tried several times with Amazon. They have appalling customer service. I would recommend to all not to buy such items from Amazon. Buy from a retailer directly as you will have more comeback if needed.
venkatat
10/21/17
6 days for a delivery is too much and worst part is u havent delivered it in given time. I dont know how amazon is still surviving in the market. Canada needs better online shopping. In India it hardly takes 3 days with flipkart.
johnc849
10/20/17
If your order is wrong and you return it to Amazon you will not get your return postage back so be carefull when you order from them I had to find out the hard way that it would have been cheaper to throw the item in garbage and take the loss
stum7
10/11/17
I've had two orders in the last week not show up and when I contacted customer service about this, I was asked if I was willing they would have order reshipped within a week. I asked to speak to a supervisor and that was a joke I think I was just passed off to some other flunky. I have dealt with Amazon for years and thought they were OK but lately they are going downhill.
I think some of these glowing reviews are bought and paid for.
janets151
10/10/17
Ordered a printer Sept 20. They have changed the delivery dates at least 10 times. To date I do not have the printer. Paid for the warranty, but no printer. Keeps telling me it is coming tomorrow by 8pm, then I get home, no printer and a new message that it will come the next day.
thathuntingw
9/27/17
when i was buying a computer component and waiting for shipment after getting the email confirming it and waited a day when i went to check my order it said that they canceled it recently because of no money in my account when it was a pre paid and i just got it the same day i made the order and i talked with the bank i got it from and they said it was fine and all set up but when i called amazon they said to bad and when i was talking with them they decided to hang up on me when i was asking for a superviser never shopping here again and i suggest you dont too
daisym33
9/24/17
Amazon continuously uses a sketchy local carrier, Intelcom, despite hundreds of negative reviews from dissatisfied customers. Their solution to my parcel not getting delivered was to send out a replacement...by the same horrible carrier! I pay for Prime and yet I've been told by 2 different CSRs that if I want my parcel to arrive on time I need to have it sent to the post office and go pick it up. I've been assured that my feedback and concerns have been sent to the carrier team but nothing gets done and when I ask who I can speak with directly on the carrier team I'm told that info can't be provided. Horrible customer service by Amazon - they might be saving a few $$ by using a shady courier but they will lose far more than that in customer orders.
mikeg238
9/18/17
The most recent purchase that I made from Amazon was an H20 Mop, 2 x Sixx:A.M. Albums; Prayers for the Damned and Prayers for the Blessed & extra Steam Mop heads. Not only did I get an excellent deal, but everything came ASAP & I am more than happy with these products. H20 Mop is the best cleaning purchase I have ever made. I use it to clean everything. It disinfects without cleanser and does windows, floors and does carpets and beds.
All in all: I highly recommend the products and the webstore.
driio
9/17/17
"Amazing Books North America" is a third-party online book seller on Amazon.ca. I bought from them a textbook for a university course. It did not come by the expected delivery date. I waited an extra week before contacting them to ask for an update. I received a barely legible response blaming the courier company and telling me my book probably would not come, that they've already went ahead and processed a refund, and that if the book did arrive I was to send it back. At this point I was already behind in my coursework, and it was too late to buy the textbook elsewhere online as all the other copies were gone. I wish there had been reviews on this company before I bought the book so I could have known to buy it elsewhere while they were still available. Now I had to spend an additional $100 to get it from my university bookstore, and my grade in the course has been negatively affected because of the time wasted. I contacted the company to file a complaint and was ignored. I want to warn future buyers to steer clear so they don't have to lose money and grades because of this store's incompetence and/or dishonesty like I did.
3 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Don't believe their delivery guarantee. They are late 4/10 times and are unremorseful for it

By Debbie f.

I've never had to pay duty on anything from Amazon.ca, even if it was shipped from another country.

By Chris L.

Used to be but appears they may be changing their policies which effects anyone using the free shipping. The warehouse is in Brampton.

By Mary L.

Happened to me. Just another sneaky way that Amazon operates. Welcome to the club.

By Danilo M.

Certainly unfair.

By Chris l.

Questions? Get answers from the Amazon.ca staff and other customers.

14 Photos for Amazon.ca