CDJapan

ResellerRatings
4.1 / 5
Reviews.io
4.8 / 5

CDJapan has a consumer rating of 3.99 stars from 25 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. CDJapan ranks 2nd among Anime sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 76.9%
How would you rate CDJapan?

“THE BEST!”

olga t.
1/12/22

In 2016 I came across the CDJapan website on the Internet and have been using it regularly to buy jazz CDs ever since. This is the best online store I've ever used to buy discs. Large selection of jazz CDs, good prices, excellent service, good and reliable disc packaging, timely dispatch. A better service could not be imagined! I am very satisfied and I warmly recommend CDJapan to all my friends and music lovers. Thank you very mush one more time CDJapan!

“Liar and does not listen”

Teru A.
4/26/20

I ordered a BD from them last December and I just recently noticed this April 1 that they banned Philippines for shipment. I contacted DHL Japan and PH and they confirmed no news about banning my country for shipment. They won't listen and keep pushing that my country is banned, now I am just requesting them to ship my order to a Japanese address but no responses were received. Bad customer service. I suggest amazon more.

olgat16
January 12th, 2022
Verified purchase

This is the best online store I've ever used to buy discs.
Thank you very mush one more time CDJapan!

Tip for consumers:
Music lovers, collector CDc.

CDs music, jazz

davidrameshm
January 13th, 2022
Verified purchase

Shopping experience has been a pleasure with CDJapan. Spot on shipping and always communicate if there is any changes or delay. Reasonable pre order prices and not to mention the best of all they reward customer with additional bonus points based on their items shipped throughout the year. Their sales and bonus coupons is also a welcome addition. Customer service is also prompt and efficient based on my experience.

Tip for consumers:
None. Site has all relevant information require.

Figures

johns1264
July 5th, 2016

My go-to source for japanese albums released by Korean artists.
The orders are packaged okay (not as much bubble wrap compared to some sites), the site is easy to navigate, there are a lot of shipping options and a rewards point system (which gives you free 300 points = 300 yen on your birthday).

michalithgowy
May 13th, 2022

CDJapan is a great place to buy vinyl. There were occasion where I couldn't get what I wanted but it was because I was too late to make up my mind if I want to get a particular title.
I would like to encourage the team for making every effort to secure a pre-order and delivering the final product.
To be honest, the experience is actually better than some big names out there.

Keep up the good work team!
Cheers!

Tip for consumers:
Excellent alternative site to get japanese vinyl.

Vinyl

devinw112
May 16th, 2022

I have used CDJapan for a few years now to pre-order goods for the Japanese music projects I love. Using the site is really intuitive in my opinion. Customer service is always very kind and eager to help. When I pre-order items they always arrive on the day of the Japanese release or a day after, which is amazing to me. Everything is always packaged for safety and I have never received a damaged product. I absolutely cannot recommend CDJapan enough. I love their service!

CDs; Blu-Ray; DVD; Books

brunog52
March 7th, 2022

So far my experience making purchases at CD Japan has been a great experience, they offer some of the best prices out there and their customer support is top notch. I look forward to keep being a happy client in the future, don't hesitate making business with them!

Tip for consumers:
Constantly monitor their stock on products you see on other sites, as Cd Japan has better offers almost every day. Aldo download the app, it's useful.

Toys, action figures.

beauj15
March 22nd, 2021

Recently used this website to buy some Japanese special editions of CD's with bonus tracks. Often I buy them off ebay at a significant markup. I was apprehensive as some reviews were low but I have been really happy with my result after my package arrived. The cds are perfect and the shipping was quick even though they expected delays due to covid. Very happy with them and will be using the site again in the future.

CDS

stephenw1477
March 9th, 2022

It has always been both painless and a pleasure to deal with CD Japan. If I ever have the privilege of travel to Japan, I will be getting my travel WiFi through CD Japan too.
CD Japan is nothing short of *fantastic*.
Ordering is easy.
Information is useful.
Customer service is second to none.
Packaging and delivery options are second to none.

CDs, DVDs and Blu-Rays

nicoleh462
May 21st, 2020

I placed an order on May 17th for a CD/DVD combo that I've had a hard time finding anywhere since it came out in 2012. I was very happy to see CDJapan had it listed. Today on the 21st, I got an email saying my order has been cancelled because they have nothing to ship and cannot find it elsewhere. I wish they would have kept on top of the listing and reported the item as unavailable. I wonder if this is how they usually operate -- keep items listed, but don't report them as out of stock until the warehouse can't find anything and an order must be cancelled? I won't be returning to find out. Luckily they did not charge me, but I'm going to watch my bank statements just to be sure, since other reviewers claim they take money at random.

davidb8158
May 15th, 2022

I have been a CDJapan customer for 10 years, since 2012. They are my go-to store for J-Pop/Idol goods (CD's/DVD's/Blu-ray's/Books) and I've always had excellent service from them.

Items always arrive in good time (I normally select a delivery option that lets me track the order) and well packaged so I've never had any issues with any of my orders.

Shipping prices have increased recently due to Covid, and now the crisis in Ukraine, but still seem reasonable to me.

I've also used their proxy service which I've found extremely useful if I'm trying to source a rare item.

I'm looking forward to another 10+ years with them!

hiromichim
March 13th, 2022

I am a big fan and supporter of this company. They consistently offer great customer service, nice sales and deals and a wide selection of products for reasonable prices. If you are a fan of things like anime, Japanese music, video games, manga and other pop culture related merchandise, you can go wrong with them. I have been a customer with them for around 10 years or so. Nothing but great experiences with them during that time. They constantly email you news and updates on products they sell and carry and provide you with coupons and other promotional bonuses throughout the year. You also get nice perks like bonus points on your birthday, during special campaigns and so forth. Signing up for their membership program is not only simple, but it gives you nice perks, like bonus points throughout the year. Cost of shipping and shipping times are generally very good. I usually get my products in around 3-5 days after being shipped out. Their service is an easy and painless way to get a fill on all of your Japanese pop culture needs. Highly recommended!

Products used:
Anime blu-rays, anime DVDs and music CDs.

jerrym779
January 15th, 2022

Great seller! Been buying from CD Japan for years, from their online shop and more recently through their proxy service. Always excellent service, items always packed with great care, and their proxy service has been able to buy everything I've asked for. Couldn't be better!

Music

mikeyf8
March 1st, 2022

Ever since I returned from my studies in Japan there has been a hole missing in my life. The biggest part of that hole has been the Japanese music. I do not listen to western music and I also do not dabble to much in digital music such as Spotify etc. Call me old fashioned but I'm a CD kind of guy. I like to be able to physically see my collection growing. So for years my music library was pretty much at a halt.

Then I found CD Japan and OH BOY have I never been happier to be able to invest in my love for Music again. CD Japan offers nothing but quality products and service, delivered neatly and efficiently for the price you would pay for it in Japan. They have a vast selection of products and have never let me down with with easy to access information about stock availability, estimated shipping time, album(or apparel size chart info) information and more.

They also have an intuitive point system which awards you points based on amount spent which can be converted into discounts on future purchases. Furthermore they have an over all generous flow of discount coupons for different events (even your birthday :D) .

They have been very helpful with answering questions and helping me with problems in the past regarding shipping issues or availability concerns. They are fast to answer should you have any questions and they do so in a polite manner.

For anyone as interested in the sortiment CD Japan offers as me I would highly recommend their services. You won't find many other sites as reliable with an as broad sortiment of Japanese music (and other) as CD Japan.

CDs Clothes

danield310
October 13th, 2019

CD Japan is great!
I would recommend it to anyone who needs to get DVDs with Japanese subtitles
Great website

hongk18
July 13th, 2021

Once you inform the credit card details, they will amend the shipping fee and deduct from your credit card without your consent. This company is online fraud. Do not order.

Tip for consumers:
They will inform you later that DHL charge is now more and deduct from your credit card without your agreement. After email exchange with customer service, they will return your money in the format of POINTS ! they will never refund the cash ! Will never those points and will never purchase from here.

Order Number : *******6341
*******************************************
NEOBK-2587718 Takarajimasha / Makiko Takizawa LUNCh BOX BOOK (Takarajimasha Brand Book)
BOOK 2300yen Released: March 12, 2021
Availability: In Stock:Usually ships in 1-2 days

NEOFOOD-743 Bashodo: The Original Warabimochi (Japanese Sweet Mochi) Set of 3 Boxes Tanba Black Soybean, Matcha, Brown Sugar Syrup
Food 2100yen Released: February 01, 2021

Collectible 9000yen Released: July 04, 2019

NEOGDS-347556 Kiya / Danjuro Tweezer
Collectible 2800yen Released: July 04, 2019
Availability: In Stock:Usually ships in 1-2 days

NEOGDS-423495 Pokemon (Pocket Monster) Cutout Picture Series Glass Nail Clipper Pikachu
Collectible 615yen Released: December 2020
Availability: In Stock:Usually ships in 1-2 days

NEOGDS-423497 Pokemon (Pocket Monster) Cutout Picture Series Glass Nail Clipper Charizard
Collectible 750yen Released: December 2020

--------------------------------
Total : 24052yen

jeremyd14
January 30th, 2014

This is a great site for those hard to find items from Japan. I've purchased multiple items from them and I've never had a problem. They always arrive in excellent condition, they always pack items really well, and the shipping time is always very fast. I highly recommend this site for any anime fan, j-pop fan, or whatever you may be looking for from Japan.

johnm69
March 14th, 2013

Excellent site for Japanese, and other, media (DVDs, apparel, games, toys etc). I have purchased from the several times with no real problems. Once when a CD I ordered was out of stock they contacted me quickly to let me know. I highly recommend them. Also, I should point out that they have some adult content.

hooc1
April 12th, 2022

NO PROBLEM WHEN I PURCHASE ON 1ST TIME
BUT THE 2ND TIME, SELLER DIDN'T HOLD MY PAYMENT AND SHIP OUT MY ORDER.

THEY REQUEST CHARGE BACK AFTER THAT THAT'S NO PROBLEM
BUT!
I ALREADY MADE A PAYMENT FOR CHARGEBACK AND DELETE MY CARD DETAILS.
SELLER KEEP REQUEST MY BANK DETAILS AND TRY TO DUPLICATE DETUCT MY MONEY.(THEY KEEP REQUEST TOO EVEN I DO REPORT ON MY BANK)
AND THEY KEEP RUDE TELL ME REPORT THEIR SHOP -,-
I ALMOST DO A POLICE REPORT AS SCAMMER CASE THAT TIME!
I SOLVE THIS PROBLEM AFTER DO THE BANK REPORT AND KEEP IGNORE EMAIL FROM SELLER.

BE AWARE

ALBUM

terua
April 26th, 2020

faisale
April 22nd, 2016

I wish I could buy the things that I want, but the stupid system won't let me pay!

marufh3
November 5th, 2019

Never place order here. Poor and brainless people working here. They took my order and money and after 11 days they said their profit will be low for my order so canceled. What? Are you serious? Many other good suppliers over there... not here.

jct15
October 26th, 2021

1. CD JAPAN DOESN'T HOLD MY PAYMENT WITHIN 15WORKING DAYS AND MY MONEY HAS BEEN RETURN. (ORDER BY 06252021)

2. BUT THEY STILL SHIP OUT MY ORDER AFTER I GER REFUND (07282021)

3. AFTER A MONTH, THEY NOTICE ME ABOUT ORDER PAYMENT.(090? 2021)

4. SO IT'S OKAY I REQUEST DETUCT THE TOTAL ORDER FROM MY BANK.

5. THEY AGREE AND DETUCT AMOUNT SUCCESSFUL AND REPLY MY EMAIL SAID " WE HAVE SUCCESSFULLY DETUCT YOUR AMOUNT IN YOUR BANK ACCOUNT " (09072021)

6.20211025, THEY SEND EMAIL AND NOTICE MY ORDER HAS DIDN'T PAY. (SO WEIRD!))

7. I GO TO REPORT IN MY BANK ABOUT THIS CASE. THE STAFF SAID MY PAYMENT HAS SUCCESSFULLY AND THEY CAN HELP ANYTHING, WHAT REASON SOULD THEY MAKE REPORT? SO FINALLY THEY HELP ME MAKE A REPORT AFTER I EXPLAIN THE REASON.
AND THE REASON IS: THE COMPANY HAS DETUCED MY PAYMENT AMOUNT BUT THEIR SAID NON RECEIVE PAYMENT EVEN I SENT ALL THE PROOF.

8. CDJAPAN KEEP ASKING MY BANK DETAILS AND TRY TO DETUCT MY MONEY AFTER I SAID I ALREADY MAKE REPORT. AND THEY'RE SO FXXKING RUDE.

9. THIS IS MY 2ND TIME PURCHASE ALBUM IN THEIR SHOP THAT'S WHY I FEELING UPSET.

10. OTHER JAPAN SHOP RECOMMEND: TOWER RECORD / RAKUTEN ( YOU CAN USE WORLD SHIPPING IF YOU'RE NOT FROM JAPAN. EVEN THEY CHARGE A LITTLE BIT AGENT FEE. BUT THEY SERVICE IS REALLY FAST PS :// THIS IS FROM TOWER RECORD ONLY. AND I'LL TRY TO PURCHASE ON RAKUTEN WHEN ATEEZ HAS RELEASE THEIR NEW JAPANESE ALBUM)

Tip for consumers:
DON'T BUY IF YOU DON'T WANT CLOSE YOUR BANK ACCOUNT .
AND PLEASE DON'T USE CREDIT CARD WHEN PAYMENT.

ALBUM

camilos4
November 24th, 2019

When I buyed the page said between 2 and 6 weeks, now costumer service told me to wait 3 months. Do not trust cdjapan

hanka2
April 1st, 2019

They sold me a defective product and are now punishing me for doing a chargeback with American Express by refusing to honor their promise to refund return shipping. BEWARE!
Do not buy from this company!

andrewd200
July 8th, 2018

I waited two months for my order from them to not only not get my pre order bonuses I paid for.

I offered to help them send it down with my help and they refused and only gave me points for it

Would not consider them again.

CDJapan is a legit but prideful company. They won't listen to customers' requests and informations. They make their own rules and are arrogant.

By Teru A.