Review of Apple

darin@apple.com
2018 Customer choice award

hamisha1
4/17/19

Apple have just run me through the wringer for three straight days an all-round miserable customer experience. Over the last 10 years, my wife and I have equipped ourselves with a range of Apple devices, having been attracted by their ease of integration, and the simplicity of transitioning from one device to another when replacing them. But this recent experience has made me reconsider this. I just replaced a 6 year old iMac (a desktop Mac) with another, new iMac. What was supposed to be a very straightforward migration of data, applications and settings from one machine to another turned into a nightmare. After a full day of failed migration processes followed by successive calls with Apple support staff (many of who were quick to lay all blame at my feet and couple of whom added to the aggravation by dropping their calls), finally a senior level (tier 2) Apple advisor determined after consulting with several of his colleagues that the issue stemmed from a botched warranty repair on the original iMac (replacement of the screen when it failed a few months after purchase). It turns out that the Apple repair crew had used an unorthodox work around when they put in the replacement screen. After finally identifying the problem, it was also confirmed that this work around was a done-deal' and we could not set up the new iMac with the normal migration process drawing on the data, applications and settings either from the old iMac itself or from the backups on our Apple AirPort Time Capsule. We then set about taking the data and applications a file at a time from the most recent Time Capsule back up a laborious process and somewhat nerve-wracking as one is having constantly to double check you got everything and one is never quite sure. And there were numerous glitches and retracing of steps required. And for three days I had to put the rest of my agenda on hold with successive calls, screen share sessions and waits for call backs from Apple staff. There were a couple of the Apple tech support people who were particularly helpful and were also quick to recognize Apple's part in creating these issues. But I wish I could say this of all the many Apple staff I spent time with over these three days.

waynel116
4/15/19

Apple is LAUGHING ALL THE WAY TO THE TRILLION DOLLAR BANK...

Each iPhone likely cost LESS than $25 to produce in PRC, and how much are they selling it for??? The JOKE is on the buyers. LOL!

dd91
4/10/19

Recently I discovered as a veteran I could receive a 10 % discount
on Apple products. I thought this is great. I didn't know you have to provide your social security number to a 3rd. Party named "ID-ME". They offer options and the one I choose was going through USAA which I am registered with. I choose this option because it only required the last 4 digits of my SS number. I don't like this either but it is better than all 9 digits.
I entered all the required information but I was rejected with no detailed explanation as to why.
I contacted ID-ME via email because calling them is useless. After waiting on line I get a voice message stating they cannot accept any more calls and to use the email system.
The agent I emailed sent me information on how to use my veterans card but it was
what I tried already and didn't use because of the full SS number requirement.
I have a veterans identification card but using that still requires my full SS number.
If I go to home Depot, Lowes or ACE Hardware and all I have to do is present my veterans
ID card, which has my picture. I feel if Apple really wanted to give veterans a discount
all we should have to do is present our veterans ID at the Apple store to make a purchase.

cameronh71
3/12/19

Airpods are quite likely the best bluetooth headphones out there even though many look at the price of 150-$170 and think they are not worth that, however they are definitely worth that price considering the bass and sound quality.

griselr2
3/9/19

Purchased an iphone 7. That stopped working, first it was app, then it was the camera, finally couldnt receive or make calls.

Call support I spent hours trying to restore, back up and nothing changed.

We found out ourselves that it was a model issue, support couldnt figure it out yet there was an article on their webiste of that iphone model...

Go into the store for the "shopping experience" I was told the device couldnt be fixed for free as they stated because I had a small crack on the screen that I had to take care of. The guy tells me its $190. I walked OUT!

There website advertises $149 for screen repair, why am I charged so much to fix a screen!!!???????

kendram50
3/8/19

Used to be a good company. Now a bunch of unaccountable, price-gauging, inferior- product-making thieves.

10 year product lifespan MAX (I'd say it more like 5 years now before your operating system will be obsolete). That's ridiculous for the price. And they are overpriced.

Bad performance platforms that are cumbersome to convert to anything else.

Apple now loves charging extra fees monthly wherever they can (I reiteraet: thieves and greedy crooks).

Horrible customer service. HORRIBLE. Rude, incompetent tech employees. Any support person who seems helpful, forwards you on to the next unhelpful person who basically says they won't do anything the other guy said they would.

Oh and let's talk the scam of iTunes/Apple music.
1. Can we please not put the music industry in the hands of Apple? Remember when they forced that U2 album on all of us?
2. I used to have playlists of mp3s. Now if I didn't buy them from apple music, they've disappeared. I have chatted with Apple about this... They did disappear (apparently my fault for not knowing this would happen and backing up before the random date they all "disappeared". So... I have to buy what I already bought... because it wasn't from them.

I'm gonna highlight... Their program deleted things from my pre-existing music library (playlists I'd had 10+ years). I did not delete them. I did not consent to delete them. Apple is now trying to make me buy them back in iTunes/through Apple music (like hundreds of songs.). A lot of songs I bought before I even owned a Mac... some were from old CDs... I'm over 35.)

That's pretty unethical in terms of business.
No accountability. Rude, lying customer service reps. Caught one saying "f you" to me right before he hung up. (Because I insisted he let me talk to the previous employee I had spoken with vs. being forwarded to a third one.)

The current and intentionally misleading advertising that has everyone signing up for extra storage and Apple Music because you can't access your saved documents otherwise (disc almost full-optimize storage). How is my "disc almost-full" I hardly have anything on this computer/phone?
Oh, so I can buy iCloud storage.

You know you who doesn't charge me a monthly fee to access things I paid for or to have adequate storage on the device I have.... any other computer company except apple!

I'm going to the store today and going back to PC. I'm done with this lying, gauging, and unethical company.

I'd suggest we all do the same.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT buy Apple Products. You will regret if you do.
For teenagers to show off to their friends... not real computers.

darrenm39
2/23/19

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY! STOP, STOP, STOP TRYING TO DO ANYTHING. EVERYTHING YOU MAKE IS JUST HORRIFIC. THE UPDATES FOR THE MAC ARE TRASH, THE PRODUCTS YOU MAKE ARE VOMITOUS. LITERALLY EVERY UPDATES CRASHES MY SYSTEM. THE LAST AND FINAL IPAD I BOUGHT STOPPED WORKING AFTER 4 MONTHS. APPLE, JUST STOP! FIRE JONY IVE. #FIREJONYIVE FIRE TIM COOK. #FIRETIMCOOK FINALLY, JUST STOP EVERYTHING UNTIL YOU CAN MAKE THINGS WORK, PERIOD! P.S. I REALIZE I WROTE IN ALL CAPSPERHAPS YOU CAN HEAR ME YELLING!

bonniea89
2/11/19

All of a sudden my iPhone 7 S plus won't work anymore. The Apple employees are useless and incompetent and make excuses. They do not explain anything. Say that the phone has just stopped working with no fault to the user but Apple takes zero accountability or responsibility. I'm not surprised & I know it ultimately doesn't matter to the company but we will never purchase another Apple product and will advocate for people to not support you or your products.

emilyc101
2/1/19

I bought the iPhone 7 plus because I have always been an Apple fan and I was excited about the nice camera on the phone. I have had this phone for two years now and recently the phone began to have major issues. I am unable to make or receive phone calls as the sound does not work...being unable to make phone calls can be extremely dangerous and phone calls should be the ONE THING a phone can do. The headphone jack is also not working so I have to use bluetooth headphones. Also, the camera refuses to actually capture photos half the time (on the camera app as well as on apps like snapchat, instagram, etc.). SO, the phone cannot do its basic duty (making phone calls) and the main feature I was excited about (camera) is buggy and only works half the time. I have only owned this phone for two years, it should not already have a myriad of issues like this.

Since the phone had been having issues I decided to schedule a Genius bar appointment and drive two hours to the nearest Apple store. Before even beginning to run diagnostics on my phone the employee explained that the sound issue sounds like a known issue happening with iPhone 7's with the sound card. He then ran diagnostics and found that this was the issue. He explained that these issue were not my fault and I had done nothing wrong but that the new ios they had pushed through had "brought forth issues" in many iPhone 7's basically rendering them unfixable and useless. I asked him about the other issues my phone was having (camera issue mainly) and he said that at this point those issues are a moot point since the phone is unable to function as a phone due to the sound card issues. He then proceeds to tell me that since I was no longer under warranty he would not be able to replace my phone unless I paid them $340! So basically, Apple pushed through an ios update that broke my phone and then expected me to pay them money to fix their mistake.

I tried to reach out to Apple to just find out WHY they would not offer to fix their mistake without requiring a huge payment and the representative didn't respond to my chat she just disconnected. I have also submitted a feedback review to them about this and fully don't expect a response. I am disappointed in Apple and what they have become. Apple no longer represents innovation and quality. They're products climb in price but drop in reliability.

I loved Apple. After this experience I wont buy Apple products ever again.

carolineb116
1/31/19

People suffer every minute because they are depressed and can't get the right help. With my idea, you guys at apple can help all the unstable people by listening to everything they do. If they start crying then send them a puppy. 20/80% profit

jasmineb88
1/30/19

The Genius Bar guy was pleasesnt and helpful but Apple as a company has disappointed me . I've been with Apple over a decade . I have plenty of expensive apple products . This system update effecting my phone or laptop every other year is a scam!!!!!! Why is it that this billion dollar companyhave software issues when you update ? Is it to make you buy more expensive products after I've already spent over 10,000 on products !

pricoped
1/24/19

For years me and my wife and obviously many others, have been throwing money at apple to the point where apple apparently feels they no longer have to provide quality products and services. People stand in line for days to discard hundreds of dollars, so they became careless, selfish and mediocre.
Our first Apple products were great. As the years went by, it appears we all were easily sucked in for one of the most expensive product lines of crap. Our last few experiences with Apple products and customer service were so bad that I have decided to stop buying Apple products. Stop dying to give them money before their stuff is even available! Let it get dust on the shelf and maybe they'll eventually produce a dependable product! Everything started with my phone having issues with my voicemail. As I use my cell for business in a daily basis, I would receive calls, and many times voicemails. Every time I would want to listen to my voicemail the phone will freeze, and I would have to restart it with the power button. I've been dealing with endless calls and customer service iddeaots and unreliable AppleStore Appointments, for about a year, until I had to switch to 8Plus. The issue was with 7Plus...that 7Plus was replaced few times, couple times because of the voicemail issue and once because the screen failed. Everytime I had to pay a fee. Whyyy? Why paying fees when the damn phone screen fails after a few days the phone has been replaced???
Then I made a purchase online for Cyber Monday, suposebly there was a $100 discount stated clearly on the website, to find out after I made the purchase that the $100 was, in fact, an extra purchase for $100 Apple Gift Card. What a load crap!!! After pouring thousands every year in Apple products, to waste a couple other days of my life to clarify and fight for the $100 discount it's just above and beyound. I hope that $100 will freacking make them a lot richer.
And now, my wife's watch touchscreen just came off, out of the blue the $900 freacking watch failed after just a year. My wife is on her way to the Apple store to get a watch replacement. Obviously, I expect like $150 or $200 fee....why, why pay a damn fee when ur products keep failing?!!!
I am done!!! I will switch and turn away from Apple and I will make sure all my friends and family will hear my story and I shall do my best to convince them to turn away from these crooks!!!!
BAN Apple forever!You'll also look less like some iddeaots standing in line waiting to throw money into the toilet.

starv2
1/22/19

For years people have thrown money at apple thinking it was the cool thing to do. Hype is all they need and people will stand in line for days for new crapple items. Quality and customer service seem to mean nothing.

About 4 years ago I finally chose an apple product and more since. I've never stood in line, but was a sheep following others into the deception. I suspect the i stands for idiot/s as we all were sucked in for one of the most undeserving, expensive product lines. We need to stop the eagerness to throw money at them for unknown product quality and let it collect dust on the shelf for awhile. Maybe then they'd work on quality, customer service etiquette and respectful procedures.

Instead of buying products because someone else has one or all the hype must mean it's good, we need to read reviews and find companies who actually want our business! It's clear to me, apple does not want customers and doesn't feel the need to keep their customers. In a way I'm glad they've mistreated me, so many better things await.

I've been trying to resolve an issue now for days. Based on the lack of customer service for me and the tremendous amount of negative reviews for similar issues throughout the web, it's highly unlikely it will have a positive ending. I'm so glad I delayed upgrading and decided against their laptop! Basically I have given up. I've been finding some awesome replacements from companies who actually seem to enjoy having customers, unlike apple. So soon these things we have will be flying across the room as I've so wanted to do for days now from all the frustration of trying to deal with apple! Hey! New use for old crapples, frisbees! Tablet should do better than the phones. Maybe then we can finally have some fun!

No wonder the only review sites with a positive theme for apple is the sites where employees rate their jobs. Hey, not having to work...at all...and get good pay with benefits? And no one seems to care about our problems at apple....they'll learn one day, there is a time when you have to care or it will all come crashing down.

Small a is intentional...they don't deserve my respect either. We also no longer refer to pad or phones by their advertised name, they're known as crapples or idiotpad, etc. Crapples doesn't remind me of my poor choices as much. lol

alexandera75
1/21/19

My interest for Apple started in 2010, when I saw my friend's iPhone 3Gs for the first time. I was intrigued. I wanted to know what it is, that makes the iPhone running so smooth. I played around with it, even searched more details about it. At that time, I was with an Android phone (my first one ever) - Galaxy Ace. The specs were identical on both the Galaxy Ace and the iPhone 3Gs. Yes, but the iPhone delivered a far superior experience, whereas the Android smartphone was lagging as crazy and even had missing apps like Temple Run, which you could find with ease on the Apple's App Store. This exact game (for an instance) was missing, because the specifications of the Galaxy Ace were too low to run it. But it never came to specifications. Apple just makes their products run smoothly, because they make their own components and choose their own clock speeds, amount of RAM, etc. Also, the iOS experience is on another level. Until 2016, the Android experience was not that pleasant : for example Samsung's Touch Wiz skin was horrible, other brands like LG and Sony had custom skins for Android too. All Android users can agree that pure Android is always the best. Apple is keeping their OS clean, everything calculated, the hardware is always made to handle the software. Also, the lifetime of their products is amazing. The iPhone 5S from 2013 is still supported in 2019 and has the latest version of iOS. This shows that Apple cares about their products. I personally own an iPhone SE, which I bought last year and I am impressed by it's performance. It has the same specs as the iPhone 6S, but it is in the body of the 5S. I would never go back to Android. When you experience something like iOS and Apple as a whole, there is no going back. At least for me.

arielc41
1/19/19

I have every apple product you can think of from the AirPods to the Iwatch iPhone MacBook Apple TV but I will no longer be buying any Apple products. I will no longer give a company that does not value their customers my hard earned money. I live in Florida and I do work out in my headphones, but I also take very well care of my Electronics a few weeks ago I noticed corrosion on the bottom of my AirPods I also work in a lab so I looked at them under the microscope and noticed there was corrosion as well on the prongs of charging case I went into Apple Store they looked at my product and said corrosion is due to water damage I know very well my AirPods have never been exposed to water I also know I've had remote controls for TVs that the battery has corroded inside they advised me to call Apple and mind you I bought them eight months ago I called Apple they agreed to send me new AirPods under the condition they put a $214 hold on my card I sent my defective AirPods into them and they determine if it's covered by warranty or not if it is not my card will be charged the $214 which is absolutely absurd if you ask me when the product in store cost $140. I paid 159 why on earth would I pay extra money for a product that didn't even last me eight months previously.. my other option was to go back to the store when are they simply did was look at my product and tell me corrosion is due to water damage when I asked the customer care representative if that's what you can even call them because I don't feel like they cared she told me I could go back in order not to have the $214 charge to my card I then proceeded to ask her if I do sell my product in is it actually going to be taken apart and examine or were they simply going to look at it and determine battery corrosion is due to water damage she proceeded to tell me they do the same thing that the Apple store that I recently visited did and those were my two options take it or leave it ... This has not been the only problem my family has had with all of our Apple products my boyfriends Apple 8+ iPhone microphone just went out two days after his manufacturing warranty Expired so that means he's had his phone for a year and two today's I can no longer use it to talk on the phone to fix it it will be $350 as were still making payments on that phone my cousin went and bought the Apple Watch after me and my boyfriend had had to return it the next week because it would no longer turn on or charge all these products have been extremely inconvenient especially for the price that were paying I will no longer recommend any Apple products to anyone anymore spend your money wisely and don't support companies that text their customers extremely high profit amounts and don't honor their products warranties manufacturing or workmanship #BoycottApple

lauries160
1/17/19

Apple is no longer the quality it was. Too bad they couldn't keep up with Steve Jobs standards. Used to be an Apple fan. Not anymore. Bought their iPhone X. A $1000 phone. It doesn't always ring, I do not get the tones for text messages. If I reboot the phone, I will get a tone for a couple then it stops again. They have been trying to fix this problem for over year. They seem to think this is acceptable. Once I have the ability to get rid of this phone, it will be time to try Samsung. The customer service initially was ok, however according to them I am supposed to keep putting up with this until they figure out a fix, as I am not the only person. It's been OVER a YEAR. Enough is enough. I don't know of any other company that would think this is acceptable. A $1000 phone that doesn't give you the simplest things like a tone when you get a message and ring when it should. Call waiting does not always work either. They no longer care about customer service or standby their products. It's a shame the standards of Steve Jobs could not be maintained.

bilala26
1/3/19

Extremely poor service... Genius Bar Trafford Center won't entertain any loyality
or customer care and will behave like king of the Market. i waited whole day during Xmas and new year at apple store to replace my handset battery. End of the day they rejected the battery replacement. They will do anything for not to get the handset working to enforce customer to buy a new model and spend ££££. my handset is in absolutely mint condition apart from battery but apple wont' replace it and declined it fully and have said no support or help will be provided. i have no option apart from throwing my handset in the bin. too much monopoly on the market and won't do the basic customer care.

timothat
12/31/18

When we arrived in time for our 5:10 appointment to replace our iPhone batteries, we were told that they couldn't actually do any of the work that day (they couln't even replace one of the three batteries) and we would need to reschedule. They said it takes longer than an hour to replace a battery (what kind of design is that?) and they close at 6:00 today. So they knew when the appointment was made that they wouldn't be able to do the work, causing us to drive nearly an hour for nothing.

davids1960
12/7/18

I love my iPad. I just bought stock I love it so much. Easy and fun to use products. Looking forward to see what they make next.

khaledk8
11/28/18

Forget about the manufacture issue they want me to pay 400$ for (iphone 7 audio ic), and apple passowrd reset took over 8 weeks. But why you wasted my time and money to send me to unauthorized apple store!!!!????

victorj51
11/28/18

This company does not put any effort to satisfy their customers. First you overpay to have the honor of using their products, then when you call for help with something as easy as resetting your password (which you have to jump through hoops), they say that there is nothing that they can do and that they provided the "Apple Answers". May horrible fortune go their way. Never buying from this garbage company again. (ipad, ipod Touch)

kevinh441
11/22/18

Only Price was increasing year by year but not quality, Expecting Lot of new updates, New Colours are awesome.

tenidadea
11/15/18

YES, The security for recovering passwords is tight but I Accept that it is worth it, if its a serious account you should remember your details.

jenniferr429
11/15/18

I am not sure what all the hooray is about. You either buy an Apple or an Android. I was team Android for years. Did the Apple thing and went back to Android but after all the terms and conditions of both, I decided I would do Apple since, most of all my family has Apple. You can't Facetime on anything else. Geez! I will continue with Apple until I can't do Apple anymore.

kyles197
11/14/18

Expensive, however the devices are very convenient to use and design is great. Other phones are not as convenient as apple.

3 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

is this a question or a problem.

By kristal d.

Questions? Get answers from the Apple staff and other customers.

9 Photos for Apple