Review of AliExpress

26/F, Tower One, Times Square, 1 Matheson Street
Hong Kong, China

kevink161
2/17/18

If you really want to get ripped off, go and shop at Aliexpress. They will literally steal your money. I placed an order, and after typing my credit card, right after I clicked pay button, I saw a message that my order was cancelled for security reason. I contacted chat support right away, and they CONFIRMED that my card was not charged. Today I saw my card was charged by Aliexpress. I got in touch with chat support and explained everything and ask for my money since the order was automatically cancelled by Aliexpress. After chatting for 20 min, the chat support rep keep telling me 1 thing, GO TALK TO YOUR BANK FOR REFUND.
These guys are f***ing dumbass, and don't want to refund for the error made by their system. Uninstalled the app and NEVER AGAIN

zaidm1
2/17/18

i ordered more than 100 orders on aliexpress, i recieved only a few.. forget about bad quality and $#*! but the rest never been refunded, i want around 200$ dollars in refunds but they never send back, customer service is robots with same copy paste replies. don't know what to do now??????????? If you wanna waste some money then aliexpress is your way to go..

jk211
2/16/18

Ordered wedding flowers direct. Got charged full price but they short shipped over half the order. No notification at all that the order was not completed. Wedding is ruined, my business now has a mark against it, and the quality control obviously doesn't exist. Will never, ever use this website again, nor anyone that sells on it. Be careful, some of these guys are on Ebay too. Their tracking system still today says it is being processed, meanwhile it has been delivered. Took a month but it did get here, so pay no attention to their tracking method specifically epacket.

stacya43
2/16/18

I purchased synthetic wigs (4) on this website, they look nice in pictures but when I received them I could not believe my eyes ! They look really bad in fact. No way any person put them on and go out in public. They play tricks on pictures to make them look nice, none of them looked the same as I saw in pictures on website. I tried to return them back to China to get refund but It costs almost the same money I paid !!!... So I threw them into trash .. Horrible experience !!!

laun12
2/14/18

I spent $ 247 in Aliexpress. and my order has been closed after making a payment.

I got message from Aliexpress:
"We regret to inform you that the recent use of coupon (s) in your order has been identified as being in violation of the guidelines outlined in our General Rules for Coupon Use. (http://activities.aliexpress.com/adcms/help-aliexpress-com/coupon_usage.php) Your order will be canceled, and any payments you have made (excluding any fees or charges which you have made to third parties) will be returned to your account."

but I did not apply any coupon. It's just referrel link from Ebay ads.

In 3 days my money was refunded, and then they are recharge $247 back suddenly.

I have contacted aliexpress through chat support, they say my money will be refunded within 2-20 days.

I have been waiting for so long almost 22 days until now my money is not returned.

They refused my refund.

I don't trust Aliexpress anymore.

Where my money gone?

susanai
2/12/18

I really am very disappointed with Ali express. or I make many purchases per month online, and the other websites help me to solve the cases of claims easily, but Alie express almost never solves the claims in favor of the client so I lost a lot of money. Being aware that the product was returned and delivered to the seller did not hear my complaints and I did not even receive a response from the customer service and sellers who know that Ali Express does not care about having the customer as they take advantage and keep the money and the product. Sometimes I keep buying because I do not find what I need in another place but with the worry and begging that the purchase does not present inconvenience. It's a shame.

mandim8
2/12/18

Must be prepared to wait 2-3 months for shipping and know you're getting cheap products. Some things are worth it, you have to be willing to take a chance

aldom13
2/12/18

El catálogo de Aliexpress es de lo más amplios que he visto, ya que son muchas las tiendas que se encuentran, incluso permite encontrar el mismo producto a distintos precios, el problema es en cuanto al envío ya que no todas dan opción de envíos rápidos y algunas lo dan a precios muy altos, además, si deseas algo de distintas tiendas, no puedes aprovechar un envío para todos los productos. En cuanto a productos y precio, vale la pena, el único problema que les veo es el envío.

kadys3
2/10/18

My first purchase = my last purchase!
There is no customer service. I bought a phone case and receive a wrong item. I "Open Dispute" and there is no email or anything received.......................................................................................................................................................

seonaidd
2/9/18

I ordered a ladies' silk top, large size, from Ssilk Store via Ali Express. Large size in UK is 39 - 41" bust, this one measured 35" across. When I complained ti to the seller, they said I could return it to the shop in China for a refund but refused to pay for the postage, which, when I checked,would cost almost as much as the silk top. This was my first experience of using Ali Express and I certainly won't be using it again.

ellynb
2/9/18

I made a purchase on January 10, which I was charged for, and never received the product. The shipment was canceled, a dispute filed, and no credit. This is a scam company. Do not buy anything from Ali Express!

fredm96
2/9/18

Overall my experience was ok. Most of items purchased took longer than expected (within 30 days as stated). Two purchases were never recieved though and filing a dispute led nowhere. The store I purchased from never responded to my dispute and Aliexpress just gave me the run-around (through messaging only). I ate alittle over $100.00. My advice is this; check the store star rating and store reviews. If it's not a 4 or a 5 star rating, look for another store that sells the same product. If you don't receive an item(s) and you file a dispute, be prepared for a looooooooong rabbit trail and hope it gets resolved. Would I buy from Aliexpress again.....NO. I'll just pay alittle extra from a Wholesaler here in the States without the worries of losing money and the waiting of merchandise. It's hard to run a Retail Store when your merchandise takes months to come in. There are positive reviews for Alliexpress, just be careful and don't be surprised if you get screwed, because there are ALOT MORE negative reviews that I'm sure are just as waranted. I only wish I checked the reviews first.

belindag12
2/7/18

Overall my experience with Ali has been positive.

I do wish when customs return items to countries sellers would let me know.

If you search hard you find some really really fantastic bargains.

I will not leave Ali for quite some time. The positive far outweighs the negative

denisea72
2/6/18

I ordered an item in November (it was a Christmas present) still have not received it. When I tried to put in a dispute just kept push back that it will be shipped. Luckily, it was not an expensive item. I would not recommend this site to anyone I only wish I had looked at the reviews prior to ordering - do not let anyone you know use this site - and if I could give I not stars I would

jamesf262
2/6/18

So I ordered a few items a couple weeks ago from three different shops on Ali Express. One item showed sent the next day, the next item show two days later and the third showed sent almost five days later, just before the timer expired and the order cancelled. But I'm getting the picture that 'sent' does not mean sent, or even processed, it only means they generated a tracking number and they will send it sometime later. Now two weeks later only one item looks like it might be on its way here. One item just recently updated to 'posting', one item said it was on its way to here but is now back at their sorting facility.
Even if I receive the item(s) I'm not too impressed with the process and I can see through their misleading messages. They are meant to give you the impression that something is happening when they haven't done anything yet. The shops have five days to send the item but get around this by generating a track and trace without actually posting the item. I suspect they only ship every couple of weeks to save money on shipping (they get a discount for shipping more items at a single time rather than fewer items more often.). But this is misleading and unfair for the customer who has already paid for the goods and makes it harder for them to file a claim with their credit card provider.

sherryj26
2/5/18

I ordered an item just to see how the service was. Never received item called a couple of times. Now when I call the number doesn't even ring and all of sudden busy tone!
When I talked to somebody before they said they would be sending item well it's been over a year now so I don't think it will be coming.

adams332
2/5/18

Attention., Attention., Attention: Aliexpress and their sellers are money scammer. Almost all sellers are fake and money sucker. I am 100% sure this seller and Aliexpress are both in a group who had taken my order but did not deliver. I created dispute but Alibaba/Aliexpress finally kept my money and did not even refund my money not even deliver my product as well. Please do not do any transaction with this seller not even on Aliexpress. Do not buy anything on Aliexpress.

Tip for consumers: Please do not purchase anything from any Chinese sites.

kyj1
2/4/18

The samples arrived in good order and very quickly within a few days. When I placed a bulk order, the shipment took over 3 weeks, the items arrived damaged or broken (there were no proper padding for the glass jars). The dispute process is joke. I need to prove that I didn't break those jars and also need to submit individual photo of each item as well as an assessment report from Fedex. It was a waste of my time. AE didn't even looked at the evidence and concluded to be invalid request for refund.

johnw780
2/3/18

Ordered an rc car kit. I was initially given the wrong tracking number, which lead me to believe it had been delivered to an address 8 states away. They gave me a second tracking number which was invalid, but kit arrived three days later. The retail box had one layer of small bubble wrap around it, and was shipped in an unpadded plastic bag. The retail box arrived with a big dent in it and body of the car was smashed. I filed a dispute and requested a refund of $20 to cover buying a replacement body. The seller demanded I ship the kit back (overseas at my expense which would be a minimum of $23) to get a full refund. My only recourse at that pt was to ship the kit back and take a loss, or keep it and buy the body out of pocket. I chose the latter, which means I should have bought the kit domestically for more and saved myself the wait and hassle. AliExpress... NEVER AGAIN!!K

cookiem2
1/31/18

I've ordered various items from them. Usually small things like sthe hinges of a laptop screen and phone cases... The shipping takes quite a while, and one item got lost (got a refund).

I don't really blame them though as it's a marketplace like eBay right? Depends on the individual seller.

Tip for consumers: Check the sellers feedback before you buy. Like eBay.

alm584
1/30/18

AliExpress (AE) has registered a group of scam sellers in his website. The biggest mistake i have made is to place an order with a big amount. The seller has rejected my cancellation request and sent the parcel. Why is he a cheater? Because he first agreed to cancel the order, which is why i bought an alternative parcel from another store. He however deceitfully sent the parcel. According to AE system, the buyer is forced to pay for that parcel as long as the seller insists on his proposal. Luckily (or maybe another proof of this game), the parcel was detained in an intermediate country and destroyed. AE didn't realize this fact until recently. His initial judgement came in favor to his scam seller. Even when AE has ruled in my favor later (that is to refund me with the whole amount - a fair judgement that we all "AE, the seller, and me" agreed on), they didn't refund me. I have raised a complaint, but they handled it with ignorance. His live chat customer service is very silly and looks scam. They even refused to provide me with an Email as a proof for my complaint. Until this moment i had no refund (although a big amount; and despite the fact that they made the ruling to refund me).
I used to be a frequent buyer. Feeling that AE has what looks like anonymous deals with his scam sellers, I have switched to LightInTheBox.com, a competing online tailor, hoping that it adopts transparent and fair policies and registers non-scam sellers to assure quality items and services.

francesf21
1/30/18

Horrible. Took forever to received and the item wasn't as described. Will not purchase from this site again.

anishaf
1/30/18

FACT ! all of the sellers on Aliexpress are all the same sellers on Amazon.ca? .Com, Cute and lighting the box, Alibaba.com. Every single one. FYI, Amazon.ca is no better. Order and delivery started off smooth only to realize it is just as bad. Amazo,Ca i understood is a warehouse stocked with merchandise within canada. NOPE, its NOT. The same issue with refunds and the PRIME is a money grab. Pay to join Prime $, then ship faster is more $ and get this you pay per item to ship faster but its not if its coming from china or England or Russia ! And the tracking numbers are not even trackable! All scammers !! if you are work hard for your money youre better off to go and pay retail pick up your item immediately and have it in your possession this way you can also go back and return it if theres an issue. Warning! when you return a item to any online website YOU pay on top of what you already paid and you have to claim the true value. Unlike what sender values the item for, which is supper low. I ordered an item from China came FedEx I just received a notification from FedEx stating they paid taxes and dutys on my behalf the item cost $20 the tax and duty cost $14 why would I have actually purchase that item if I knew it was gonna cost me more than what it was posted for? scam Now I have to pay Fedex

davidc674
1/30/18

Yo entre buscando primero informacion sobre yoycarte que no estoy seguro si es un buen sitio, encontre muy malas opiniones, luego busque informacion de aliexpress solo para confirmar que estas opiniones son ciertas, y me doy con la sorpresa de tanta estupidez y metira que leo, yo soy usuario de aliexpress desde hace mas o menos 3 años, y lo que ponen aca otros "usuarios" (yo dudo que lo sean), es mentira, como que envian cosas que no cumplen con la descripcion o que no hay reembolso, eso es mentira, hay completo reembolso, siempre o casi siempre los vendedores se niegan a reembolsar eso es cierto pero aliexpress les obliga y siempre te reembolsan, aliexpres solo pide pruebas y el reembolso siempre se efectua en algo de 2 semanas. Es increible tanto mentiroso que hay en esta pagina de opiniones.

anaa58
1/30/18

I've been buying lots of random stuff on Ali in the past 2 years. I had 3 refunds because items were never recieved and they returned money. Everything elsw which I ordered (bracelets,watches, stickers, dpg clothes, jewelery, glasses, christmas stuff, baloons, disney stuff). Everything came within 30days and it was ok. I bought even decoration for my bachelorete party and wedding decorations and it was ok. So from me 5+ for them. Serbia, europe

6 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

They cheated me out of my money! I don't trust them and you can't talk to anyone. Stay away from them!!

By Dennis F., AliExpress Representative

You are taking a very big chance by ordering anything from them...you will never get your money back and chances are you won't even receive the item you want. BUYER BEWARE

By Joan P., AliExpress Representative

There is no customer service what so ever so be very careful when buying on AliExpress. Buyer protection is a load of BS and if problems arise with your order they will always side with the seller. I would suggest using a shop that someone that you know has already used to purchase hair.

By Melody F., AliExpress Representative

I had this issue several times. The issue is that they only allow a certain number of characters ( Letters and numbers) in the description of the problem. So you will need shorten the number of words in the description and re-send until it goes through.

By JAMES B., AliExpress Representative

From my experience, there are as responsible sellers and is not responsible sellers. Second worse then have to raise a dispute. If this does not help, then raise a dispute above, and then as they say it all depends on You. As far as your arguments are strong. Almost always get a refund in the amount of shipping cost or part cost of the goods, if the goods were not received appropriate quality. Less full price. The full value is returned when the order didn't come at all. Also when you have paid but you did not send an order for a certain time. But again, it all depends on your arguments and facts provided by the seller or, to the Commission on the proceedings of the claims. But it is also necessary to take into account all the items from the seller, this is what guarantees he gives, product reviews buyers. And his overall rating. Never be lazy to write a review about the product from a particular seller, you will be the same customers as You. There is also an important factor, which I would say is pretty negative. It if the product was defective and not as described on the website. The seller has the punkt Returns accepted if product not as described, buyer pays return shipping; or keep the product & agree refund with seller.) 1. If the seller accepts returns, and the buyer also wants to return their purchase, simply follow the seller's sets of Returns on who will pay the return shipping fee. If the seller will pay the fee, communicate with them in advance about the payment method and the logistics service. 2. If a seller sets no return necessary or you want to keep the product, simply agree the refund amount directly and ignore the return shipping fee. It turns out that if you decide to return, it will often more expensive than the product itself and the meaning of no turning back, because when you return the money, only for the goods excluding the cost of shipping there and back. Therefore, I can not sell brand quality products, and will only return part of the money for the goods. That financial will have a negative impact but only You. Which means be careful, $#*! all the "pros" and "cons". You are not forced to buy it personally, Your decision. The more You provide facts that you have been deceived, the more chances and money You have spent, You will return. For all the time of purchase, the money is returned in full or in part. The Commission for the analysis of complex situations works, but is considering the case for a long time, so don't despair if You didn't reply, just "keep abreast" and you will not lose anything Sorry my bad English :)

By Yaroslav B., AliExpress Representative

Those swindlers sell what they don't have... forget about it... they are a bunch of Chinese thieves!

By Dirk v., AliExpress Representative

Omigod, they're not just knockoffs, they're knockoffs that are produced in someone's ill-lit basement by captive chimpanzees that are blind, malnourished, and suffering closed head injuries. Seriously, you'd get better value from your money if you used it to wipe your bum. Don't buy from this group of criminals and ripoff artists!

By Deborah W., AliExpress Representative

Hi! Yes, the site is real but if you want to buy from there, I recommend that you don't spend to much money and buy only unexpensive stuff, because you may get your product with default and without your money back!

By Luis M., AliExpress Representative

no I did not ,but I don,t recommend it because the pic it not the same

By hyder h., AliExpress Representative

I did not buy and shoes but the clothes I purchased all were so far from being true to size I wouldn't try it. I would not recommend buying any clothing from this site unless you don't care what size you get.

By Cindy B., AliExpress Representative
Questions? Get answers from the AliExpress staff and other customers.

166 Photos for AliExpress