Review of SHOP.CA

Tel: 000000000
support@shop.ca

stevenz34
8/27/18

Only one-time shop on shop.ca in 2015. Then I returned it but get around $250 store credit which can only be used on this website. I tried so many times to buy something next two years. Not succeed. The stuff was so pricey. This year I found my credit gone. Then I know the poor shop.ca was bankrupt and now under a different owner. So I never get back my money. This is totally a joke. The other joke is that the previous CEO of Shop.ca, Drew Green, is now CEO of the online suit retailer indochino. skip this one.

guidox
3/22/18
• Updated review

The website is really a joke. If you leave some review on Sitejabber, they said they would like to turn it around. I know it sounds wonderful, right? But the fact is, they just told you that the supplier cancel the order without the explanation. That means they can handle your order whatever they like, but shop.ca are not responsible and has no willing to solve any problem! Give my refund back! I want to stay away from this website forever!!!!

“Ridiculous shipping promise”
10/25/17
• Previous review

Don't trust what the website promises on the shipping:Leaves warehouse within X business days! That's totally a joke! Nothing happened since I received the order confirmation email. Order received but disappeared forever!!!!!

Tip for consumers: Avoid it!

Response from ShopCA T., SHOP.CA Representative
We apologize if you had a bad experience and we would love to turn it around. If you have the order number please email support@shop.ca with the subject like SiteJabber and an agent will get back to you asap.

sophiem41
3/19/18

I had a $500 store credit from shop.ca that has disappeared from my account. Customer service told me there was a site upgrade and that they have no record, nor any way to recover any records, of store credit. I had tried to use this credit in 2016 to purchase items, but even after going through the checkout process, I was later notified that the items were out of stock. So, couldn't use the credit when I did have access to it, then wasn't even notified that the credit would disappear, and now it's gone. STAY AWAY.

theresan8
3/18/18

Order 6123392 today: order summary page clearly indicated $20 credit applied but when I proceeded to payment, they took out the entire amount without applying the credit. The charge on my online banking does not even show their complete phone number so I cannot even call them! Their FAQs say there is a Cancel Order button that you can use within 30 minutes, but when I checked (yes, within the 30 minutes) it was not there. I emailed and Facebook-messaged them, and if I don't get satisfaction, I guarantee my bank will be in their face with an investigation and reversal of my payment! For anyone interested, apparently a company named Emerge Commerce Inc. operates as shop.ca, shop.us, Buytopia.ca, WagJag and MightyDeals.co.uk. Their address of record is 183 Bathurst, suite 302, Toronto, ON, M5T 2R7. They did actually get back to me within a few days and reversed the charge and cancelled the order. I am sure it's because of my bank-in-your-face promise. Another promise? Never shopping there again!

barryf26
3/2/18

Returned a watch a couple of years ago that had been an Xmas gift for my wife who decided she didn't like it; I was over the 30 day return limit but was told that I'd receive an account credit that would "never expire". I'd been watching the site periodically since then to find something to use the credit for, but each time I tried to order something I was informed that the item was out of stock after the order had been placed. Last week, I went on the site for the first time in awhile and found an item to purchase, but my credit was no longer there. Was informed by customer service that their computer system had been changed and my credit had been lost. I demanded to "speak" to a supervisor (you can't seem to actually reach anyone by phone) and I'm still waiting to hear back. Lots of better shopping websites out there.

hught10
2/28/18

Dont order from this site. Never received item and there is no customer service. Still trying to get my money back after 7 weeks. Will contact local news and negative reviews on all social media. If enough complaints, we can start a class action lawsuit.

paulm499
2/5/18

After several emails to customer service, they won't return any emails. There is no number to call which should have been a red flag right from the get-go. Forced to dispute the transaction with the credit card company! Hopefully, they will play ball.

Tip for consumers: Stay away!

williamm377
2/2/18

I had a SHOP.ca credit in my account since 11/2015. They say today there is no record of it due to a loss of computer data. The amount is at least $873.04. Two issues. 1. the loss of data without notifying the owner of the information may be a data breach 2. No plan to rectify the issue of lost credits. Seems like theft to me.

dragans2
1/20/18

I have a shop.ca gift card I wanted to use for some Christmass shopping. But, there is no way you can do it although there is a place on site to redeem a gift card. When you click on that link nothing happened. I contacted customer service and got a reply after almost a month "Due to the change in management, shop.ca no longer accepts shop.ca gift cards. Sorry for the inconvenience." They also said "We are very excited about this new chapter and assure you that we will continue to provide the premium shopping experience". What a great "premium" experience. This site is a SCAM ... STAY AWAY!!!!!!

blainec10
1/15/18
• Updated review

my order for my other half's Christmas gift was given a response today !!! (quick back story. ordered a irobot Braava from shop.ca on nov 27-17. they stopped replying mid dec)

unfortunately Olivia said the pants i order in gray have been canceled, my case was closed as resolved..... as noted above i ordered an irobot Braava not a pair of pants....
not resolved at all!

pulling my hair out. they haven't refunded me any money yet and haven't updated me on what the hell if going on with this order. very unprofessional, reported this to BBB and the Canadian internet fraud center.

“update”
1/2/18
• Previous review

happy new year all, it is now Jan 2nd and i have sent out several more plees out to support@shop.ca with not one reply since Dec 15th (not much of a reply, "HI Blaine,

Thank you for reaching out, there was a slight delay in forwarding your order to the supplier due to a tech issue.

Your order is being processed by the supplier and should be shipped soon.

Apologies for the delays and thank you for your patience.")

still sitting in limbo on this reply.

“i would love a reply on this...”
12/19/17
• Previous review

well i ordered an christmas gift for the wife on Nov 27th (i like being ahead of the game) and i waited 10 days or so and it is still being processed. i reached out to service@shop.ca, a couple of times. I was told it would be processed for shipment very shortly. after 22 days waiting and christmas less then a week away, i can get a reply back.... if i was told there was an issue at the start, i would have had more than enough time to order it from somewhere else. now that item is hard to find anywhere...... please help me out Shop.ca id love to give you a positive rating.

ryand82
1/3/18

The whole point of this site was supposed to be to offer Canadians a wide range of products online, with convenience & free shipping, something hard to come by north of the border. Unfortunately shop.ca has proved to be nothing but a giant headache for customers. This company does not bother responding to your emails. You have to chase them down to get any response. Terrible service, takes forever to ship (if you get it at all), and nothing but endless hassles and excuses.

johnh828
1/3/18

Placed order Nov 24th 2017 for 1 ESSO $100 Card. Initiated a f/u and Olivia reminded of 10-15 business day requirement (Not EBay/Amazon). Sent f/u on Dec 22nd. Received a confirmation that SHOP.CA would reach out to me within 24-36 business hours. No reply as of Jan 2nd. Handed off the issue to PAYPAL. Received a response indicating that digital gift cards were emailed with the link provided?? Unfortunately the Tracking Report continues to indicate that the supplier has neither processed or shipped the gift cards!

clementl8
12/28/17
• Updated review

Okay, I finally got my ESSO Gift Cards.... Here is my time-line of what happen. You be the judge!

On November 26, 2017. I ordered QTY "2" ESSO Gift Cards. It is suppose to arrive 10-15 business days.
On December 18, 2017. I send a first e-mail asking what going on.
On December 21, 2017. I send my 2nd e-mail asking the same question.
On December 23, 2017. I send my 3rd e-mail asking please give me an reply.
Today, December 28, 2017. I decided enough is enough. At around 11AM today, I called my VISA. I put in a dispute on the translation. VISA said I will get refunded. At 12:27 PM, I send an final e-mail to shop.ca asking them to cancel my order and I advised them I called VISA.
Now, Get this. On 2:15 PM today. About 1 and a half hour after my final email, I got my eGIFT cards in my e-mail.
Then at 2:59 PM, some 30 minutes later, I got a reply back from them with this."This was already fulfilled please advise that you saw your giftcard."

I won't even call VISA back to cancel the dispute! To save $15 per $100 and go though all this trouble? I don't know people. You be the judge on this one!

“If shop.ca see this. Cancel my order! VISA had been called!”
• Previous review

If shop.ca see this, please cancel my order! I just got off the phone with VISA. I will be credit it back! I ordered same kind of Gift cards 2 years ago from shop.ca. Never had issues. Fast to response back then, I understand they went though bankruptcy at some point. Whoever took over this business really screwed this up! For people that trying to find there contact number here it is: (855) 474-6722. Good luck looking though there website!!! Then again, good luck getting anyone to answer the call either! Will never shop here again!

“Still nothing! No e-mail! I am calling VISA!”
• Previous review

Just an update, I ordered 2 ESSO E-Card on November 26. Today is December 28. I already send 3 e-mail to this company! No reply! Nothing! I called there contact numbers! BTW which is very hard to find! They hide there contact number pretty well! What I got? I got a recording telling me to e-mail them! Forget it! I done with this Bull$#*!! I calling my VISA!

“I order an Esso Gift card or eCard on November 26... nothing!”
• Previous review

I ordered QTY "2" Esso Gift Card or eCard on the 26 of November. It say it will take 10 to 15 business days to get it on your e-mail. It is December 21, and I still get nothing! I check on there website. All it say is Order received! I send an e-mail asking for it 3 days ago! No reply. I give them till after new year, if I heard nothing. I will just call VISA! After looking at all the negative reviews! Screw this. I be amaze if this company still around next Christmas!

dawns133
12/21/17

I ordered Nov. 27th.Update. I was heading out to find alternative gifts for my grandchildren when I saw a UPS truck doing a U turn outside my driveway and the cardboard boxes laying in my garden. At least the items arrived but with absolutely no email from Shop.ca that the items were ever shipped and therefore no way to track the items.It is Friday afternoon and Christmas Eve is Sunday...not the type of service I am looking for.

Tip for consumers: They did not answer the phone, when it said you could leave a message it went to a busy signal, they did not answer the emails, or the facebook message. Earlier this afternoon I filed a dispute for the charge to my credit card with Paypal. I had no idea if the order was ever processed or shipped. BAD!

candacec28
12/21/17

Ordered some Xmas presents mid november, they said it would be shipped right away. 2 weeks went by and I emailed them asking why I haven't received confirmation of shipping, they said the vendor was having issues and was backlogged and it would be assent in 1-2 weeks. I waited 2 weeks and emailed again only for them to tell me my order was being cancelled as they had no product. Leaving me high and dry and paying double for the item due to short notice for an Xmas present.

robertg328
12/20/17
• Updated review

Recap: I placed an order in July 2017,the air miles were never credited, in November I was still chasing them and asking why with no resolution. Finally wrote a review and I received a response which is copied below. today is December 20th and still no resolution. read their reply and timelines compared to mine and you will see the ignorance of their customer service, according to them it takes 30 days...she writes this response 4 months after the fact....but I am in the wrong??

Their reply to me;

Responded on 11/13/17

Hi Robert,

Sometimes it helps with simply reading the policies of a company. As per our terms and conditions, all customers will receive their Aeroplan miles 30 days after an item is shipped.

Hope this answers your questions. If it does not, then you are welcome to email us. Or you can keep posting negative reviews which are totally irrelevant to our service.

Cheers!

“No Resolution no customer service”
11/12/17
• Previous review

Terrible customer service. Bought an item, paid in advance and it finally showed up a week later than advertised, then checked my account and the promised airmiles were never applied? transaction was in July 2017, it is now almost mid November and All I get is there was a problem with my account??? and they are looking into the problem and will keep me posted...same email every time I ask for resolution or what was the problem with the account as every other transaction from other companies shows up within days?

Response from ShopCA T., SHOP.CA Representative
Hi Robert,

jordanh69
12/14/17

Ordered a painting and did not arrive, nor did I receive updates until I went and requested a refund.

Was told it was canceled by supplier. I was not told this by them and from what it appears the intended to keep it to themselves. Basically stealing from me.

It has been a week, and I have yet to get a refund, despite them saying it would take 1-2 business days.

Edit:

Now need to add, they also have bad business practices. As seen in their reply. Yes they answer in 24 hours, but that was only after I took the initiative to cancel the order because of the lack of contact when order was canceled. It takes 2 tries to get a "24-48 hour" refund? Why say it was refunded the first time if it wasn't?

Trying to justify their service with their passive-aggressive "we do give good service, you're lying to everyone. Look here's proof"

Edit 2: Finally got refund nearly 2 weeks after original message that it would be refunded. So there's that

Tip for consumers: Don't. They are sketchy and as of this moment are no better than thieves.

Response from ShopCA T., SHOP.CA Representative
Hello,

We apologize that you had a bad experience. We try our best to provide the best service possible but sometimes on the part of the vendor there are unforeseen issues, however, we try to turn them around as best as we can.

We received a message from you December 7th and you were responded to the same day. The you messaged us yesterday December 14 and we responded back in 24 hours, today. The email chains are copied here.

Your refund was processed today and should appear on your credit card in 48 hours.

SHOP.CA Customer Loyalty
Today 10:56 am
Hi,

Apologies for the delays, your refund has been processed.

You should see it shortly.

All the best,
Olivia

Yesterday 09:21 pm

It has been a week and I have yet to receive my refund.

SHOP.CA Customer Loyalty
Dec 07 10:19 am
Hi Jordan,

Thank you for reaching out to us! I'm sorry about this. Unfortunately, the order was cancelled by our Merchant Partner because the item is currently unavailable. Your payment will be refunded in 1-2 business days.

We apologize for the inconvenience and disappointment. We're having a bit of an issue syncing with this Merchant Partner, but we're working on fixing this as soon as possible.

Please let me know if there's anything else I can do to help!

Best Regards,
Olivia

Dec 07 01:55 am

I would like to request for a cancellation.

It has been 1 month and there has been 0 updates to my order. It has consistently been set as "Order Processed".

angryc60
12/7/17

Just realized that I ordered a gift card in July 2017 and it is now December 2017. Still have not received it, but they had no problem charging my card back in July.. Avoid at all costs, they are a scam.

Response from ShopCA T., SHOP.CA Representative
Hey Angry C.,

We apologize for the delay. So far all orders are already fulfilled till October 31st 2017 so we are not sure what you are talking about but we can fulfill your order if you give you email address associated with Shop.ca.
For future reference, please try emailing the company before leaving a review. Unless you already sent an ea=mail and never received a response in which case you are rightfully upset and we will make sure to turn your experience around!

donnak90
11/26/17
• Updated review

We had ordered Esso gas gift cards & hadnt received them. This constituted my first review here. Unable to speak with a representative the only option was email. We exchanged emails with Shop.ca 6 times in a space of a few days. They took the time to send 6 emails explaining why they didnt have the time to send one email containing the gas cards. Interestingly, when the 10-15 days that were specified by Shop.ca for receiving our order had passed we were told
In our last email there was no promise that the cards would be sent out, just a statement that the processing period for your order has ended.Apologies if this was unclear. When we said cancel our order we still had to wait. Eventually we did receive our refund. A few days later we received an email with, surprise, Esso gas gift cards, promptly followed by an email stating there had been an error & to please disregard the earlier email. Thankfully this whole episode ended with no moneys lost but we still would rather have the gas cards. Based on our experience we would strongly recommend that people avoid this site!!!

“Still waiting”
11/8/17
• Previous review

Wish I'd read this page before ordering. We ordered 2 Esso gas cards on October 21st. Received a tracking number but each time I check there has been no change in the status. Sent an email & did receive a reply basically telling us to be patient. Checked & found out that our credit card has been charged so they've had our money for 2 weeks now. How tough is it to send out a couple of gift cards! I think we'll be getting in touch with our credit card company!

Response from ShopCA T., SHOP.CA Representative
Hey Donna!

So sorry for the delay. The ESSO deal is for e-giftcards. so it is a bit strange that you received a tracking number. Can you provide your tracking number please? We would like to know hope to got one when the giftcards can only be emailed to you. Also, you don't need to call your credit card company, just ask us for your money back and will be done!

Sorry again for the delay and inconvenience
jeffd113
11/22/17

I find your site very difficult to use and there is no customer service phone number anywhere on your site. Even when I Google it nothing comes up. I have been trying to order a product for a couple of weeks and my emails don't work and the passwords don't work and the whole customer experience is very frustrating. Why are all you on line sites obsessed with passwords and security. I get security a check out but you can't get to the check out with out an out of stock message come up after you've gone through the whole shopping process. In the world of Amazon you guys should be working harder. - Jeff from Toronto

Response from ShopCA T., SHOP.CA Representative
Hi Jeff,

I apologize that you had so many difficulties for making a purchase. We had sent an email out to all our customers that we do not take calls anymore as we have moved to an online ticketing system (exactly like AMAZON!).

We aren't really obsessed with online security but we do care about it. Ofcourse in the age of technology it has become easier for people to hack into accounts if not secured using a password. We can assure you that we are working really hard to provide the best experience possible but sometimes there are experiences that do not match your expectation and we apologize for those rare moments. If you would still like to make a purchase then please email us at service@shop.ca. One of our heroes can help you out no doubt.

Best Regards,

Shop
tonyl114
11/17/17
• Updated review

Shop.ca charged my credit card for an order that they did not fulfil.
Each time I ask for an update on my order, I am given some false excuse and subsequently told that the problem will be fixed soon.

My recommendations for shop.ca:
1) Do not charge people before orders ship
2) If you will not be able to do something, don't keep stringing the customer along with false promises.

"Hahaha"
^The official response to my legitimate concerns regarding shop.ca's conduct

Tip for consumers: Shop.ca is a scam website that takes your money without fulfilling orders - just steer clear away. Customer service is nonexistent if something goes wrong.

Response from ShopCA T., SHOP.CA Representative
Hi Tony,

We have tried on numerous occasions to explain the issue but you keep blaming us and posting unnecessary negative reviews about us. We understand your order is delayed but we have explained the situation and only asked for your patience while we work tirelessly to resolve this system issue preventing from the vendor to process your order. As per our policy, we reserve the right to cancel your order and we will be exercising that right today. You are being refunded back on to your credit card.

Have a great rest of your week.

SHOP
“Shop.ca wants me to do their work for them”
11/15/17
• Previous review

I've already sent 9 emails to support regarding this issue - none of the responses to my emails were at all helpful in getting my order through. How would another email to support help? Instead, your best solution is that you want me to do your job of contacting the supplier to get my item shipped?

Your company took money from me, but no service has been rendered. When I complain about it, you suggest that I go and take it up with the supplier myself. Imagine you went to McDonalds, paid for a Big Mac, and the cashier tells you to go cook the burger yourself because the cook disappeared. Shop.ca is that cashier.

Response from ShopCA T., SHOP.CA Representative
Hahaha that's funny.

It's not like we haven't read your emails. But you do not understand the issue here. The supplier won't fulfill orders coming through Shop because they cannot see them. Even if we send them your order details manually they still won't ship. Therefore, we asked you to get in touch with the supplier if you really want the item. We are not asking you to cook the burger yourself, we are actually asking you to buy directly from the source of our delicious beef patties! It might even be beneficial for you because you might get a better deal. Trust me we would love to take your money and deliver the item but it's the supplier being difficult, not us.
“Terrible customer service”
11/14/17
• Previous review

They responded to my review of their website here by telling me that I need to be more patient. I've already waited 3.5 months.

The ENTIRE time, the product has been in stock on their supplier's website. It doesn't get more incompetent than this.

Response from ShopCA T., SHOP.CA Representative
Hi

Sorry but dies not seem like you read what we said. The item is in stock but the supplier refuses to honor your order because of the tech issues.

If you know who the supplier is you are more than welcome to deal with them directly. If you don't we can let you know. Please send an email :)

Hopefully you read this one.
“shop.ca charged my credit card but refuses to ship item”
11/13/17
• Previous review

Ordered an item on July 23.
Emailed shop.ca on Aug 3 to update my shipping address.
They responded that the item was on back order for 4 weeks.
I responded to continue with the order.
On August 23 my credit card was charged.
On August 31 I asked for updates to my order.
Shop.ca responded saying that the item was on back order for 1-2 weeks.
I told shop.ca to continue with the order.
On September 28 I asked for an update. I mentioned that the item is listed as in stock on their supplier's web page.
I received a response that the supplier was having tech issues.
On October 18 I asked for an update on my order.
I was told that the supplier is still resolving tech issues.
On October 29 I asked for information on what the tech issue was.
I was told that the supplier had a tech issue which prevented the shipping of orders.
On November 2 I contacted the supplier, who told me that the item was in stock, and that there was no problem with shipping orders. I forwarded this information to shop.ca.
I was then told that the supplier is unable to view orders from shop.ca. Shop.ca claims that this is a problem on the supplier's side, however this is a very easy to solve problem. Just phone the supplier, or email the supplier, or use the supplier's website to make them aware of my order.

Tip for consumers: Stay away from this company. They take your money and do not ship your items.

Response from ShopCA T., SHOP.CA Representative
Hi Tony,

Thanks for providing a brief summary of your experience however when you say`however this is a very easy to solve problem. Just phone the supplier, or email the supplier, or use the supplier's website to make them aware of my order.`` means you never really read any of our emails to you. We did inform you that the supplier is aware of your order (because we told them about it). However, they refused to fulfill your order through us because of the tech issues they were experiencing. We are trying very hard to resolve these issues and work with our suppliers but unfortunately not everything is under our control. Also, we offered to refund you on numerous occasions so as to avoid a review like this one but you said you wanted to wait. Next time be sure that you have the patience to wait :)
noeller3
11/2/17

I ordered a patio set that was advertised at a huge discount appeared to be a great deal and Free Shipping pasted all over the ad. I placed the order and then received a call from the supplier asking where I lived because shipping was going to be very high. The supplier confirmed that the product was available. After waiting about 2 weeks I responded to Shop.ca to determine what was happening with my order. I received an email back informing me that the product was not available and the order had been cancelled despite the fact that it was already charged to my credit card. I called the merchant back and was informed the patio set was in fact still available. I responded to Shop.ca with this information and got a run-around. I copied and pasted the ad that was still on their website for this patio set including Free Shipping prominent in the ad. I then received another email stating abruptly that Shop.ca has a policy Apologies for the late reply. The order was advertised as free shipping but as per policy Shop.ca reserves the right to cancel any orders for special reasons, such as extremely high shipping costs. We apologize sincerely for the prior miscommunication. As far as I am concerned this is false advertising. Will never shop on this site again.

Response from ShopCA T., SHOP.CA Representative
Hi Noelle,

We apologize for the inconvenience but there was in fact no false advertising just that you never read the advert clearly.

If you go t the deal link here: https://shop.ca/deal/3295511 and click on"Shoipping Details" the article says the following:

"Our free shipping policy also has some small exceptions, like if you are purchasing an over sized, high-value or fragile product, but don’t worry, we will always let you know in advance of placing your order if special shipping rates apply."

We informed you of the extra rate and you refused to pay for it therefore we could not honor the order. It makes no sense that an item you paid $1000 for would be delivered to you for $600. Also, by the way, you gave us an address for a PO Box and based on our vendor's experience those usually get returned back.

In any case, Shop.ca does reserve the right to cancel your order but we did our job by informing you before hand and you have not read the policies around shipping.

Sorry for any inconvenience.
niks29
10/5/17

Bought the e-Esso $200 cash card on Aug 26th. Never received it by email. Was promise I would receive the last week of Sept. But, never came. I don't get why they take your money before sending it out. makes no sense. Asked for a refund. Was promise a refund between 5-10 business days... That was on Sept 28th.... Still haven't received my money back. Awful service!!!!!!!!

andrews301
9/26/17

Made 2 orders during a heavily promoted "$15 off with visa checkout" offer. Orders were pending. A month laer they charged my credit card. A month after that, they orders were still pending. I aksed Shop.ca, who responded the orders had been cancelled. Apparently they had had no itention of ever refunding my money if I hadn't asked. Sure seems like a scam to me!

Response from ShopCA T., SHOP.CA Representative
Dear Andrew,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you endured during our Visa Checkout promotion. We would certainly like to make this right by you. Please email us at support@shop.ca with subject line SiteJabber so we can look into your order and offer you some compensation for the inconvenience.

bobj147
9/15/17

I ordered some gift cards one month ago and still not received.I tried to sign-in that not works. Called them, just answering machine. But still they are sending emails everyday about their F**** sale. After all the emails, finally l received the e-card.

Response from ShopCA T., SHOP.CA Representative
Dear Bob,

We apologize for the inconvenience and delay. Please email support@shop.ca with subject line SiteJabber and your order number and an agent will be right with you to resolve this ASAP!

SHOP

Hey Lindsay, if your item happens to be damaged during shipment please let us know right away and we will absolutely work with our merchant to ensure that a replacement is sent out to you!

By ShopCA T., SHOP.CA Representative

Hey Amanda, you can definitely use your PayPal account for purchases on SHOP.CA!

By ShopCA T., SHOP.CA Representative
What is being done about all the negative comments being posted about Shop.ca? Has shop.ca sorted out the bankruptcy and has a future or will it's membership drop and those who remain not get the cashback deals or even have enough confidence and trust to shop with shop.ca with the company seeming troubled. There is not a lot of press about the the current status of the company, more of the past press shows up in searches which has to have a negative effect on consumer confidence and even merchants wanting to sell on shop.ca because of the fear of damaging their brand if consumers are dissatisfied and posting complaints. I would really like to know the answers from someone who actually can answer accurately, not from someone that is just slamming the company or making comments about the costs of product since that has very little to do with the service or dependability of the company. In my opinion trust and service is a bigger concern over getting the cheapest price. Shopping on line shouldn't just be about squeezing every penny out of a merchant, it should be also about getting product reliably, conveniently and having accountability for any problems customers may have. Without getting what your paying for and expecting buying the cheapest possible price that can be found for a comparable product means nothing. I would hope a company focuses on all aspects of why a customers shops with them, not just being the cheapest, I much rather allow someone to make a bit more profit if that allows them to build a better service that is trustworthy and reliable.

Hi Sean, You will notice that we are responding to all comments and have now, finally, resumed normal services. Our email response times are within 24 hours and all items are being delivered ina timely manner. The cash back programs are running along with other affiliates and aeroplan deals. As you can imagine, ever since the bankruptcy news, getting stability back was our biggest concern. We are working very hard to win back our customers and vendors because we understand that the faith had dropped. But we want to continue the good work that was being done before. You can also see from our products that we are reasonably priced. Our motto is not to be the cheapest, but to be the most reliable. And we are working towards that. Hope this helps restoring some faith. Regards

By ShopCA T., SHOP.CA Representative

Questions? Get answers from the SHOP.CA staff and other customers.

2 Photos for SHOP.CA