SHOP.CA

SHOP.CA has a consumer rating of 1.69 stars from 217 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. SHOP.CA also ranks 283rd among Electronics sites. The most common issues with SHOP.CA are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

• So I made my first purchase with Shop.ca after finding a discount coupon on the web.

• On requesting customer service, I was told my credit could not be honored due to management change in July/August 2016 !
  • If you are wondering why your order still not arrived, the reason is shop.ca doesn't pay suppliers money.
How would you rate SHOP.CA?

“This is a good website for shopping”

Faith A.
8/21/17

I ordered a ukulele a month ago and it said it will be arrived on August 14 and it did so this is a normal website

“SHAME on SHOP.CA as a Canadian Company !!!”

Patrick S.
3/8/17

I have been a online shopper of amazon.ca/com for years and was really satisfied with it services. But as Canadian I sure would LOVE to support a native Canadian company. But soooo wrong with SHOP.CA !!! It just won't give itself a chance for me to continue to do so. I have a credit of close to $200 from SHOP.CA from Sept 2015. This month (Mar 2017) I intended to use it to purchase an item from SHOP.CA. However, I was unable to locate it as a payment option at checkout. On requesting customer service, I was told my credit could not be honored due to management change in July/August 2016 ! The best they can do is to give me a credit of $26.72, which is 20% of my original store credit. After many email exchanges with my voicing that is an unfair business practice, as a customer I was not informed of such impact due to its management change, let alone given options for responses. This business practice is penalizing customers for their loyalty and invite bad reputation. But all my effort ended up in vain ! I must say the management change certainly did not make its business any better and it just lost another customer. Companies like this should not be in existence, like many other customers have already expressed. So PLEASE stay away from SHOP.CA despite what your noble intention is. Yes, it is that BAD !!!

customer service (55) order (142) credit card (16) item (85) 2 weeks (11) 3 weeks (9) store credit (7) supplier processing (4) 3 days (6) email (90) gift cards (11) christmas gift (8)
markp674
August 26th, 2019
time delays in shipping (getting orders processed to when it is shipped) are long. Customer service leaves a lot to be desired - very slow in responding. have not been overly impressed with quality of product
stevenz34
August 27th, 2018
Only one-time shop on shop.ca in 2015. Then I returned it but get around $250 store credit which can only be used on this website. I tried so many times to buy something next two years. Not succeed. The stuff was so pricey. This year I found my credit gone. Then I know the poor shop.ca was bankrupt and now under a different owner. So I never get back my money. This is totally a joke. The other joke is that the previous CEO of Shop.ca, Drew Green, is now CEO of the online suit retailer indochino. skip this one.
sophiem41
March 19th, 2018
I had a $500 store credit from shop.ca that has disappeared from my account. Customer service told me there was a site upgrade and that they have no record, nor any way to recover any records, of store credit. I had tried to use this credit in 2016 to purchase items, but even after going through the checkout process, I was later notified that the items were out of stock. So, couldn't use the credit when I did have access to it, then wasn't even notified that the credit would disappear, and now it's gone. STAY AWAY.
guidox
March 22nd, 2018
• Updated review
The website is really a joke. If you leave some review on Sitejabber, they said they would like to turn it around. I know it sounds wonderful, right? But the fact is, they just told you that the supplier cancel the order without the explanation. That means they can handle your order whatever they like, but shop.ca are not responsible and has no willing to solve any problem! Give my refund back! I want to stay away from this website forever!!!!
Ridiculous shipping promise
October 25th, 2017
• Previous review
Don't trust what the website promises on the shipping:Leaves warehouse within X business days! That's totally a joke! Nothing happened since I received the order confirmation email. Order received but disappeared forever!!!!!

Tip for consumers: Avoid it!

blainec10
January 15th, 2018
• Updated review
my order for my other half's Christmas gift was given a response today !!! (quick back story. ordered a irobot Braava from shop.ca on nov 27-17. they stopped replying mid dec)

unfortunately Olivia said the pants i order in gray have been canceled, my case was closed as resolved..... as noted above i ordered an irobot Braava not a pair of pants....
not resolved at all!

pulling my hair out. they haven't refunded me any money yet and haven't updated me on what the hell if going on with this order. very unprofessional, reported this to BBB and the Canadian internet fraud center.
update
January 2nd, 2018
• Previous review
happy new year all, it is now Jan 2nd and i have sent out several more plees out to *******@shop.ca with not one reply since Dec 15th (not much of a reply, "HI Blaine,

Thank you for reaching out, there was a slight delay in forwarding your order to the supplier due to a tech issue.

Your order is being processed by the supplier and should be shipped soon.

Apologies for the delays and thank you for your patience.")

still sitting in limbo on this reply.
i would love a reply on this...
December 19th, 2017
• Previous review
well i ordered an christmas gift for the wife on Nov 27th (i like being ahead of the game) and i waited 10 days or so and it is still being processed. i reached out to *******@shop.ca, a couple of times. I was told it would be processed for shipment very shortly. after 22 days waiting and christmas less then a week away, i can get a reply back.... if i was told there was an issue at the start, i would have had more than enough time to order it from somewhere else. now that item is hard to find anywhere...... please help me out Shop.ca id love to give you a positive rating.
hught10
February 28th, 2018
Dont order from this site. Never received item and there is no customer service. Still trying to get my money back after 7 weeks. Will contact local news and negative reviews on all social media. If enough complaints, we can start a class action lawsuit.
williamm377
February 2nd, 2018
I had a SHOP.ca credit in my account since 11/2015. They say today there is no record of it due to a loss of computer data. The amount is at least $873.04. Two issues. 1. the loss of data without notifying the owner of the information may be a data breach 2. No plan to rectify the issue of lost credits. Seems like theft to me.
paulm499
February 5th, 2018
After several emails to customer service, they won't return any emails. There is no number to call which should have been a red flag right from the get-go. Forced to dispute the transaction with the credit card company! Hopefully, they will play ball.

Tip for consumers: Stay away!

johnh828
January 3rd, 2018
Placed order Nov 24th 2017 for 1 ESSO $100 Card. Initiated a f/u and Olivia reminded of 10-15 business day requirement (Not EBay/Amazon). Sent f/u on Dec 22nd. Received a confirmation that SHOP.CA would reach out to me within 24-36 business hours. No reply as of Jan 2nd. Handed off the issue to PAYPAL. Received a response indicating that digital gift cards were emailed with the link provided?? Unfortunately the Tracking Report continues to indicate that the supplier has neither processed or shipped the gift cards!
ryand82
January 3rd, 2018
The whole point of this site was supposed to be to offer Canadians a wide range of products online, with convenience & free shipping, something hard to come by north of the border. Unfortunately shop.ca has proved to be nothing but a giant headache for customers. This company does not bother responding to your emails. You have to chase them down to get any response. Terrible service, takes forever to ship (if you get it at all), and nothing but endless hassles and excuses.
candacec28
December 21st, 2017
Ordered some Xmas presents mid november, they said it would be shipped right away. 2 weeks went by and I emailed them asking why I haven't received confirmation of shipping, they said the vendor was having issues and was backlogged and it would be assent in 1-2 weeks. I waited 2 weeks and emailed again only for them to tell me my order was being cancelled as they had no product. Leaving me high and dry and paying double for the item due to short notice for an Xmas present.
dawns133
December 21st, 2017
I ordered Nov. 27th.Update. I was heading out to find alternative gifts for my grandchildren when I saw a UPS truck doing a U turn outside my driveway and the cardboard boxes laying in my garden. At least the items arrived but with absolutely no email from Shop.ca that the items were ever shipped and therefore no way to track the items.It is Friday afternoon and Christmas Eve is Sunday...not the type of service I am looking for.

Tip for consumers: They did not answer the phone, when it said you could leave a message it went to a busy signal, they did not answer the emails, or the facebook message. Earlier this afternoon I filed a dispute for the charge to my credit card with Paypal. I had no idea if the order was ever processed or shipped. BAD!

tonyl114
November 17th, 2017
• Updated review
Shop.ca charged my credit card for an order that they did not fulfil.
Each time I ask for an update on my order, I am given some false excuse and subsequently told that the problem will be fixed soon.

My recommendations for shop.ca:
1) Do not charge people before orders ship
2) If you will not be able to do something, don't keep stringing the customer along with false promises.

"Hahaha"
^The official response to my legitimate concerns regarding shop.ca's conduct

Tip for consumers: Shop.ca is a scam website that takes your money without fulfilling orders - just steer clear away. Customer service is nonexistent if something goes wrong.

Hi Tony,

We have tried on numerous occasions to explain the issue but you keep blaming us and posting unnecessary negative reviews about us. We understand your order is delayed but we have explained the situation and only asked for your patience while we work tirelessly to resolve this system issue preventing from the vendor to process your order. As per our policy, we reserve the right to cancel your order and we will be exercising that right today. You are being refunded back on to your credit card.

Have a great rest of your week.

SHOP
Shop.ca wants me to do their work for them
November 15th, 2017
• Previous review
I've already sent 9 emails to support regarding this issue - none of the responses to my emails were at all helpful in getting my order through. How would another email to support help? Instead, your best solution is that you want me to do your job of contacting the supplier to get my item shipped?

Your company took money from me, but no service has been rendered. When I complain about it, you suggest that I go and take it up with the supplier myself. Imagine you went to McDonalds, paid for a Big Mac, and the cashier tells you to go cook the burger yourself because the cook disappeared. Shop.ca is that cashier.
Terrible customer service
November 14th, 2017
• Previous review
They responded to my review of their website here by telling me that I need to be more patient. I've already waited 3.5 months.

The ENTIRE time, the product has been in stock on their supplier's website. It doesn't get more incompetent than this.
shop.ca charged my credit card but refuses to ship item
November 13th, 2017
• Previous review
Ordered an item on July 23.
Emailed shop.ca on Aug 3 to update my shipping address.
They responded that the item was on back order for 4 weeks.
I responded to continue with the order.
On August 23 my credit card was charged.
On August 31 I asked for updates to my order.
Shop.ca responded saying that the item was on back order for 1-2 weeks.
I told shop.ca to continue with the order.
On September 28 I asked for an update. I mentioned that the item is listed as in stock on their supplier's web page.
I received a response that the supplier was having tech issues.
On October 18 I asked for an update on my order.
I was told that the supplier is still resolving tech issues.
On October 29 I asked for information on what the tech issue was.
I was told that the supplier had a tech issue which prevented the shipping of orders.
On November 2 I contacted the supplier, who told me that the item was in stock, and that there was no problem with shipping orders. I forwarded this information to shop.ca.
I was then told that the supplier is unable to view orders from shop.ca. Shop.ca claims that this is a problem on the supplier's side, however this is a very easy to solve problem. Just phone the supplier, or email the supplier, or use the supplier's website to make them aware of my order.

Tip for consumers: Stay away from this company. They take your money and do not ship your items.

angryc60
December 7th, 2017
Just realized that I ordered a gift card in July 2017 and it is now December 2017. Still have not received it, but they had no problem charging my card back in July.. Avoid at all costs, they are a scam.
Hey Angry C.,

We apologize for the delay. So far all orders are already fulfilled till October 31st 2017 so we are not sure what you are talking about but we can fulfill your order if you give you email address associated with Shop.ca.
For future reference, please try emailing the company before leaving a review. Unless you already sent an ea=mail and never received a response in which case you are rightfully upset and we will make sure to turn your experience around!

Cheers!

juniorq
June 23rd, 2017
If I could give it 0 stars I would. I bought a package as a gift to my girlfriend who lives 3000 kms away. Gave them her shipping address and my billing address so I would receive the bill and she would receive the gift. And what do you think happened. That's right some how I got the gift that I bought for her and she received the bills that were suppose to come to me. Mind u it was suppose to be a surprise for her. Instead I got this unwanted surprise. Bravo. Learning to take time to read would be ideal but it doesn't happen with this company
niks29
October 5th, 2017
Bought the e-Esso $200 cash card on Aug 26th. Never received it by email. Was promise I would receive the last week of Sept. But, never came. I don't get why they take your money before sending it out. makes no sense. Asked for a refund. Was promise a refund between 5-10 business days... That was on Sept 28th.... Still haven't received my money back. Awful service!!!!!!!!
kevint112
August 9th, 2017
This site stole my $40 credit dollars and still hasn't return anything. So i did a charge back on it.
seras5
September 5th, 2017
I waited over 2 MONTHS for my order to arrive. They kept telling me it was going to ship soon, but then they cancel so casually after making me wait the whole two months. Lousy company and lousy service. Never buying anything from them again!
Dear Sera,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and assure you that sch for not our intention. We would love to make this right by you so please email us at support@shop.ca with the subject line Site jabber and an agent will be with you ASAP.

maryb486
August 9th, 2017
Offer promotions with no intention to over fill the orders. Terrrible communciation. Same owner now as several "group deal" sites that went bankrupt after screwing over lots of people

Tip for consumers: Dont aste your time with this

andrews301
September 26th, 2017
Made 2 orders during a heavily promoted "$15 off with visa checkout" offer. Orders were pending. A month laer they charged my credit card. A month after that, they orders were still pending. I aksed Shop.ca, who responded the orders had been cancelled. Apparently they had had no itention of ever refunding my money if I hadn't asked. Sure seems like a scam to me!
Dear Andrew,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you endured during our Visa Checkout promotion. We would certainly like to make this right by you. Please email us at support@shop.ca with subject line SiteJabber so we can look into your order and offer you some compensation for the inconvenience.

bobr123
August 20th, 2017
I would not order something from these guys if it was free. WAY too much of a headache to try and actually get your order. Customer service is abysmal. STAY AWAY
Dear Bob,

We apologize if you had a bad experience and we would love to turn it around. If you have the order number please email support@shop.ca with the subject like SiteJabber and an agent will get back to you asap.

bb164
June 1st, 2017
Shop.ca is the worst online business I have ever encountered, and I have bought a lot of things. I purchased shoes for my elderly mother, but decided to cancel the transaction within 30 minutes. The procedure for cancellation on their website did not work at all. I finally sent an email, requesting cancellation. Today 4 days later, they processed the transaction anyways, although they were in full knowledge of my cancellation request. I will report the company wherever I can.

Tip for consumers: Don't buy anything through this company.

ShopCA T. – SHOP.CA Rep
Sorry to hear about that. We would love to regain your confidence in us so if you would please email support@shop.ca with your order id and subject line Site Jabber we would like to look into this and get back to you.

Thanks,

bobj147
September 15th, 2017
I ordered some gift cards one month ago and still not received.I tried to sign-in that not works. Called them, just answering machine. But still they are sending emails everyday about their F**** sale. After all the emails, finally l received the e-card.
Dear Bob,

We apologize for the inconvenience and delay. Please email support@shop.ca with subject line SiteJabber and your order number and an agent will be right with you to resolve this ASAP!

mikeh342
August 9th, 2017
I placed two orders when there was a deal, but they never shipped the orders out. Stay away from the crap website.
Dear Mike,

Thanks,

georgek122
August 30th, 2017
I ordered a case of tennis balls 3 weeks ago, and after chasing them they answered that the order will take 3 or more weeks to deliver. Stay away. They cannot survive as an online site with this performance. Terrible business!
Hi George,

We apologize for the inconvenience. Please email support@shop.ca with the subject line SiteJabber and your order that was refunded so we can look into it and get back to you with possible compensation for it.

SHOP

Hey Lindsay, if your item happens to be damaged during shipment please let us know right away and we will absolutely work with our merchant to ensure that a replacement is sent out to you!

See more answers (4)

Hey Amanda, you can definitely use your PayPal account for purchases on SHOP.CA!

See more answers (2)

What is being done about all the negative comments being posted about shop.ca? has shop.ca sorted out the bankruptcy and has a future or will it's membership drop and those who remain not get the cashback deals or even have enough confidence and trust to shop with shop.ca with the company seeming troubled. there is not a lot of press about the the current status of the company, more of the past press shows up in searches which has to have a negative effect on consumer confidence and even merchants wanting to sell on shop.ca because of the fear of damaging their brand if consumers are dissatisfied and posting complaints. i would really like to know the answers from someone who actually can answer accurately, not from someone that is just slamming the company or making comments about the costs of product since that has very little to do with the service or dependability of the company. in my opinion trust and service is a bigger concern over getting the cheapest price. shopping on line shouldn't just be about squeezing every penny out of a merchant, it should be also about getting product reliably, conveniently and having accountability for any problems customers may have. without getting what your paying for and expecting buying the cheapest possible price that can be found for a comparable product means nothing. i would hope a company focuses on all aspects of why a customers shops with them, not just being the cheapest, i much rather allow someone to make a bit more profit if that allows them to build a better service that is trustworthy and reliable.

Hi Sean, You will notice that we are responding to all comments and have now, finally, resumed normal services. Our email response times are within 24 hours and all items are being delivered ina timely manner. The cash back programs are running along with other affiliates and aeroplan deals. As you can imagine, ever since the bankruptcy news, getting stability back was our biggest concern. We are working very hard to win back our customers and vendors because we understand that the faith had dropped. But we want to continue the good work that was being done before. You can also see from our products that we are reasonably priced. Our motto is not to be the cheapest, but to be the most reliable. And we are working towards that. Hope this helps restoring some faith. Regards

By ShopCA T.,

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the SHOP.CA staff and other customers.

Shop.ca is the starting point for shopping and saving online. We're delivering the very best deals to you and for you, all in one place. Make us your first s...

ShopCA T.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SHOP.CA?

Have a question about SHOP.CA?