Review of Alibaba.com

Hangzhou, ZJ, China
Tel: 42.118.1465485

bille97
2/18/19

Ordered 1500 cooler bags from this Yiwu Eleven Bags Factory and the majority of them have faulty zippers. The quality of the bag itself is great but the zipper is cheap and doesn't work. Supplier will not replace the faulty items FOC...he wants me to order more bags and receive a discount?!! Not a happy customer after 4 years of purchasing products from this Supplier. Expected better service.

markn270
2/17/19

Bought cooler bags from this supplier for 4 years. Quality good except for this year with faulty zipper. Supplier refuses to replace faulty bags...wants me to order more bags! He says he will quality check this time.

antheaw
2/9/19

I ordered a full spectrum sauna. I paid for shipping. When I received the package it was severely damaged. The shipper refused to ship it back, they made me take it from the dock. No one takes the blame for the damage. I am stuck with a broken sauna. The distributor won't even respond to my messages. I highly suggest you don't order anything from this site ever!

kameelb
2/8/19

I purchased a laser machine from Beiteng Technology, based in China via Alibaba.com. After months of discussions and demos with an agent, and agreed on terms, they shipped it out the laser machine. I paid for the delivery and the cost of the product, plus Import fees.

When the laser machine arrived, it was in a bad state, the casing had marks and a huge crack across the base of the unit, the housing around the screen was scuffed and dented. When powering on the laser, which was meant to be a 810nm, actually was showing 808nm on the interface and showed that it had been used.

Therefore I contacted the rep at Beiteng Technology, to advise of the bad state of the machine. Firstly calling the rep was difficult as he could not communicate in English and stated that they preferred communicating through skype or the alibaba chat function.The time difference between the UK and China is 8 hours, making it difficult to communicate in the first instance. I tried contacting Alibaba but the only mechanism available is through a chat app, not number to call and they operate and respond during Chinese hours.

When we did converse, the rep from Beiteng, told me to claim via the courier company. Something I could not do as we paid Beiteng Technology to arrange the shipping. I then put a dispute into Alibaba, it took months of deliberation, lots of evidence and alot of time, to finally get Beiteng to accept the product back. Initially they wanted me to buy paint and then paint over the cracks on the laser machine, with regards to the model version of the machine, they wanted to send me a manual to re-code the version number.

Poor communication, bad service and an ignorant post sales service from Beiteng Technology.

Finally, when I got Alibaba to persuade the supplier to send the machine back I asked for a refund amount, but they kept asking me to reduce the refund amount, I only wanted a full refund, I excluded the UK customs and VAT charges.

Eventually after weeks of deliberating with the supplier, they finally paid me most of my money back. I still made a loss, and Alibaba eventually paid some of the cost that was outstanding in order to resolve the dispute.

After everything, I wanted to leave a review on the Alibaba website about Beiteng Technology, Alibaba said that no comments could be left post 30 days, end of!

I wanted to write this review to save others from the same pain, I would advise avoid alibaba.com unless you are willing to sacrifice on quality and require little or no interaction post sale.

For further evidence of my experience, see the attached pictures, and a snippet of the conversation I had with the agent.

#Beiteng Technology

Tip for consumers: Save yourself time and effort by not using alibaba trading platform.

sourcingr
2/5/19

Trade assurance only seems there to pacify customers concerned with importing, but it proved to be completely useless for me. The seller knew what words to say to throw the Alibaba representatives off the trail of facts. My particular item was not damaged in transit and this was admitted to by the seller in the Alibaba chat where I kept all of my messages due to the constant warnings from alibaba to do so. I went around in circles with alibaba and they continued to ask for more and more proof no matter what I supplied. Needless to say it was an exercise in futility.

I feel really bad for the people that buy container loads of stuff and get screwed.

"Zhenglong sports utinsel company" and their sister company / broker "Wuyi smart vehicle company" are the company I purchased a sample electric ATV from. There were so many things wrong with it, from broken and sloppy manufacturing, to parts that appeared to have been laying around a warehouse and then thrown together (they were scuffed, dented, chipped, and rusting). That said I would have a useless pile of junk if I did not happen to be very handy with everything from welding, to rewiring electronic circuits, and generally able to fix all of the issues that the item shipped with. I also had to be able to source bad parts from other places. This "sample" is completely useless as a sample product for which I intended to resell on a volume basis.

Sourcing from Chinese suppliers and manufacturers via Alibaba is useless due to the extremely poor communications and/or translation software. China will not be a viable country to source products directly from as long as there is this poor communication and poor quality control. At this point anything I source for resell has to come from a third party (if it comes from China) that does their own quality control and has easy to understand fluent English-speaking representatives.

thet193
2/3/19

Alibaba customer care number 6294350811
His number is a great day and garage door repair and then we used y u

yvettes36
1/30/19

I PAID MY MONEY, THE ORDER WAS SHIPPED, MY SHIPMENT WAS REFUSED ON ARRIVAL AND SEND SENT BACK. STX, ALISA LEE, SAID THAT IT COST MORE TO GET THE PRODUCT BACK THAN I HAD PAID ($168) SO THEY WOULD NOT REFUND MY MONEY. SINCE WHEN DOES A COURIER COMPANY CHARGE FOR RETURN? SINCE WHEN DO THEY CHARGE MORE THAN 3 TIMES AS MUCH TO RETURN A PRODUCT AS THE ORIGINAL SHIPPING COST?

I GOT NO PRODUCT AND NO MONEY BACK. NOW THEY REFUSE TO CORRESPOND.

YOU MUST READ ALL OF ALI BABAS PROCEDURES BEFORE YOU START.

ep225
1/27/19

Bag producer doesn't supply template for Adobe artwork and instead tries to build your file from scratch. Changed our colors and never could supply the CMYK used for the bags which we literally threw in the trash when received. Made repeated mistakes shipping, resulting in delays and ultimately shipment was held in US Customs until I could supply enough information to move the shipment. I should have realized from my early questions that they didn't have the qualifications to produce the bags. There were other issues but not worth detailing. They won't make it.

And forget about Alibaba's mediation process. They conveniently denied everything, siding with the mfr.

sarahk271
1/25/19

This site is full of merchandise to purchase however, many of the merchants on this site provide false advertising, ship out something different then what you see in the picture advertised, or they ship out defective product where you are stuck with having to incur additional costs to ship the defective goods back, most merchants on the site do not cooperate with refunds for their defective goods. Furthermore, Alibaba.com's dispute department is useless as they expect you to also incur further costs of inspections even when you have produced your own technician to inspect and report they only accept their own inspectors making you have to pay. It's ridiculous. I recommend going to reputable businesses rather than this site as good proper businesses will take back their defective goods at their own cost and refund the clients.

feliciag12
Felicia G.
1/22/19

After the seller received payment they demanded more money unless they would not ship. Don't work with them stay with our American companies.I learned a good lesson. American companies don't cheat you with the shipping fee. You can do great online shopping here at home. My order doubled in price...After the seller received money.

leim5
1/18/19

Don't trust trade assurance. I bought huge amount of 3 in 2 flash drive from Shenzhen Johenten technology. After I have made 30% deposit, they increased the amount more than double and said if I dun made balance payment with the increased price, they won't give me a refund. I have to follow what they said ( insanely increased the price more than double of the agreed one). So, I decided to report this case to alibaba and the government. Unluckily that company is no longer existed in the stated location as approved by the trade assurance. So, Please Be Careful IF U are Going To Make A Huge purchase!!!!

johnd771
1/12/19

Alibabas trade assurance is a joke. I did not receive my paid for product, yet they did not stand behind the contract.

johno169
1/11/19

Damaged remote control due to poor packaging/no info on what volt battery required, sent message to seller, doesn't even acknowledge damage issue, says will send battery info but never sent. Remote control looks used.
Product detail says what's included but order was missing an item, seller says 5 units must be ordered to receive missing item. No where does it say this in product detail/description/info.
UPDATE: Now product detail has been changed not to include missing item that was included when I ordered.

Seller now addresses me as "friend".....YA RIGHT.
Don't do business with Jinan Nuozhen Trading Co., Ltd., Andy Nuozhen is a sleazy liar.
Alibaba dispute system is a joke.

scottier4
1/1/19

I have used this web site for couple of time, received damaged items due to bad wrapping and always had issue with delivery timing.

slak
12/30/18

First and last purchase. I received nonfunctional product. I had to spend extra money to send the product back. Difficult to get back at least some money.

johny188
12/29/18

these eastern countries know how to rip the west off avoid i just lost $825

the big dealers know how to scam you and you get no chance to appeal

arianeg1
12/26/18

It is the first time I use Alibaba services, and here is what happen:

1. Never got my package ( even though they say i received it)

2. They put the wrong address (canada post told me). They say I have no proof but they wont let me see which address they send it too.

3. It is impossible to talk to anyone.

4. The dispute process is voluntary made complicated and frustrating so people will abandon it.

5. I you order many items at the same time, you will have to file a dispute complain FOR EACH ITEM and track the items seperatly.

This experience was a complete lost of time and money. I lost 130 $ and a day of work. BUT THE WORST is that it is obvious that they make money on people like this; THEY take the payment, dont deliver it to you and wont refund you SINCE you have no proof.

AVOID AT ALL COST

robertp753
12/25/18

I was looking to buy fabricated countertops custom made as per drawings. Found a "rep" who is nothing more than a guy (or a poor gal) living out of a bachelor suite someplace working for an amateur "company" who calls themselves a "manufacturer... yet all they are is a half-ass criminal who buys "seconds" on the granite and quartz market, and sells it as 5-star products. I spent over $5,000 on 3 sets of countertops, one constantly discolors itself when it gets wet, the pores are open everywhere, the other ones are drilled wrong, using absolutely cheap $#*!*y tools that only amateurs would use, the corner roundings are ridiculous, DO NOT EVER -- not even for a second -- trust this bag-of-sh*t site "Alibaba.com" -- they are scam artists. They want their money up front and once they send their sh*t to you, they will simply disappear. Even if they call themselves a Ltd. company or anything serious sounding like that, it's only a hoax to take your money and run.
When a legitimate manufacturer in China has a bad run of products, they say: "That's OK, we can just dump it all on Alibaba.com -- and so they do. Some loser buys it all real cheap, acts like he is a large manufacturer, sells it to you, you regret the day you were born when you receive the GARBAGE, and you learn from your newest lesson!

Tip for consumers: DO NOT EVER use this site!

kirstenl17
12/22/18

We purchased bathtubs through Alibaba using the trade assurance Programme as with an overseas purchase you have to pay up front to an overseas supplier. The supplier provided bathtubs which were structurally unsound with loose bases (we provided video) and taps that turned the wrong way according to international standards. The bathtubs will all crack within a few years and have to be replaced. Plus we look like idiots as all the taps turn the wrong way in our hotel. We were refused any sort of refund. I wish I had known trade assurance is not worth anything as I would not have purchased our tubs this way.

archa10
12/21/18

i lost 3000$ have paid to receive totally damaged products due to poor wrapping
i spent 4 months trying to contact everyday the seller , alibaba customer service , they kept me waiting and kept cancelling my complain till after 60 days then they said its too late to apply for refund , cheaters
it was my mistake cause the name said it all they are bunch of thieves

robc173
12/20/18

Purchased furniture through here. I suggest you NEVER GET ANYTHING THRU THIS SITE because you have no recourse, like other reviewers have warned you about, no matter how good you think the assurance will be.

brianc485
12/18/18

Do not use Alibaba!!! They do not honor the trade assurance!! Suppliers can just choose not to ship your goods and your money is gone.

lb174
12/13/18

It is disgusting and shameful that Alibaba.com just ignores complaints filed about BAD and FRAUDULENT companies that collect monies in US dollars and then ship you total junk. I've ordered just trial samples of different handbags from Eastleather.com from China. They received the funds and shipped damaged, 2nd-hand, used and stained merchandise, with broken zippers and linings. Their website features perfect ladies' handbags with additional wallets and cosmetic small bags to match each sample. In reality, I received 6 bags less than what was promised. I contacted the company -- and they are dragging their feet, arguing that the merchandise is just fine. Shame on them, shame on Alibaba who allows such bad actors to abuse and exploit honest consumers. Eastleather.com refused to return the moneiy and does not want their bags shipped back to them. I have pictures to prove this is total disgraceful, unprofessional, deceitful practice they perpetuate on American small businesses. Shame on them! None of the bags are made of leather. None of them smell good. Horrible odor from the product. Impossible to sell or even donate. YOU CANNOT TRUST THIS COMPANY> EASTLEATHER.com located in China. I asked the company to return my payment and I will return their goods. They are not cooperating. For them this is business as usual. They accomplished what they wanted. They collected the money and sent junk. They don't want any long-term quality business. They want to go to the next business scheme and next business victim. Shame on them! Beware, they are polite and professional on the phone, they promise you that all will be done according to the pictures featured on the website. They can imprint your logo ASAP but... DO not believe them if you don't want to lose your investment. This is total fraud and horrible experience.

austinc82
11/19/18

I ordered some pharmaceutical drugs and chemicals from GLOBAL FOREIGN EXCHANGE Ltd.
GFE Ltd, are a reputable and highly recommended company on Alibaba for the purchase of pharmaceutical drugs and chemicals.
Thank you so much GLOBAL FOREIGN EXCHANGE Ltd. , i received my package in good condition and product quality was awesome.
You can contact the GFE on WHATSAPP: +1-929-367-7505

patrikr6
11/18/18

I ordered a substance called Idebenone from a Trading Company Called: Henan Senyuan Biological Technology Co., Ltd., with a women called AMY LI.
This company offers a really good price for the product, unfortunately to good.
They already fake shipping papers and make IRON OXIDE YELLOW out of it.
Asking Alibaba for help is hell!! It only works on their web interface and if you want to write something its not possible.
Instead you have to upload a picture (proof) for example from the email you got as reply from alibaba and then you can add a little text.
The dont care anything about you as buyer. They only support the chinese scam companies who donate alibaba with gold supplier yearly fee.
Keep your hands away from alibaba platform, you will lose, I guarantee.

Nothing you can do i was ripped off and alibaba wont help you i suggest that you have learnt a lesson dont trust Chinese companies more rip offs then good stories

By Brad K.

definitely not. I spent £1000 and never received goods and no money back

By yvonne s.

do not do it!~ they are scammers. it is way to difficult to figure out who are scam sellers and who are not. and there idea of protection is a joke! do not do it. if they are cheap there is a reason why...think about that! dont do it!

By Michele D.

Hi Bud, this is Echo from Alibaba Customer Service. I checked the name you provided and this supplier came up:http://vuidding.en.alibaba.com/. If this is the supplier you are referring to, please click the following link to get live chat service from our service consultants:http://service.alibaba.com/buyer/contact_us.htm. They will check out the reputation of this supplier for you and provide you with some safe trading tips. Have a nice day!

By Jeff W., Alibaba.com Representative

Do not trust any company on Albaba you will be ripped off they have nothing in place to guarantee you are dealing with a proper company

By Brad K.

STAY AWAY FROM ALIBABA

By Kuldip C.

If reading the reviews does not answer your question then nothing I say will have any effect at all on what you think. If you have read these reviews and you buy from this website then you must want to lose all your money, therefore it would be a better idea to give it to a worthwhile charity

By Alfred S.

Hi Francois I have purchased several expensive items via Alibaba but the minute I raised a dispute when I was swindled of over $4500 by Echo Yang from Mega Beauty they didn't want to know. Firstly their complaints webpage is very hard to access. Secondly there is no email address or phone number to speak to a human being. I eventually provided them with a mountain of evidence of the swindle, they agreed with me but were unable to do anything about it. As a result they said they would display the complaint on their mini website for 3 months. No one sees this mini website and they didn't put it on at all. Mega Beauty added golden supplier stars to the Alibaba website every few weeks. The gold supplier status is not regulated. In fact the more stars they display the more money they have to pay Alibaba. They are supposed to gain golden supplier status every year. I wouldn't advise buying ant expensive item from them. They are not interested in the buying customer but just asking money from your transaction and the false gold supplier status payments and commission they get from the seller. Good luck with your complaint, but I firmly believe Alibaba do not care and will do very little to assist you. Never pay through their website as I believe it's also a con. U should name and shame the seller, its the only satisfaction you may get.

By Carol M.

Alibaba does not offer any protection from either scams or mistakes. Dispute resolution to them is you lose your money or pay more money and then lose it. Only pay with CC and then give alibaba 1 chance to fix then dispute with CC company and get money back. IMPORTANT in contract state that you get a full refund of any monies if their are any problems.

By Hugh K.

Look at how long they have been registered and what their rating is. Anything less then 96 percent is normally not a good sign. But also read the negative feedback to make sure that its not just a case of sour grapes on the part of customers. The negative feedback gives u a good indication of what the problem may be with a prospective seller. cheers

By trumphet b.
Questions? Get answers from the Alibaba.com staff and other customers.

Alibaba.com?