OpenSky

OpenSky has a consumer rating of 2.54 stars from 2,146 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. OpenSky also ranks 55th among Marketplace sites. The most common issues with OpenSky are around returns, which are more complicated than expected by some customers.

No positive highlights yet

• I received zero apology, and customer service was given very grudgingly.
  • Run as fast as you can, away from the computer, and order online with a more reliable company.
How would you rate OpenSky?

“Excellent service despite being hesitant over bad reviews.”

Kimberly N.
8/20/18

I ordered a sweater from here without knowing a thing about this site. After I completed my order I was having second thoughts. I looked up reviews and read slot of bad ones and tried to cancel my order. It wouldn't let me but, I'm glad because I received my sweater on time and it's the correct size and "styles" that i ordered. So im super happy.

“Terrible product”

Ma o.
3/30/20

I ordered a pair of ankle boots. They not only don't look like the picture they are so poorly made!! No tag for size or material. Not stamp as shown in pictures. I will not order anything else from this site again!

Reviews (2,146)

customer service (239) order (1180) credit card (97) return label (49) phone number (55) post office (40) 14 days (39) 2 weeks (42) item (593) 2 days (35) 10 days (29) return policy (38)
mao1
March 30th, 2020
OpenSky E. – OpenSky Rep
We are sorry to hear that your item was not as pictured,. Please look out for a private message from us.
olegb29
May 18th, 2020
I have ordered four solar powered light cubes, and one of them came to me broken. I required a replacement, and the store asked me to send the pictures of the broken item. Well, I did the picture by my cellphone. However they could not open it because "the size of the picture is too big"! And they requested to redo the picture, downsize it and send one more time. Oh, I did not say, that the price for broken item was $10. I wasted tons of my time to prove them the broken item, and even after that they DID NOT MAKE A REPLACEMENT.
marlainek
August 27th, 2018
I ordered two items and one was returned to the seller because they failed to put my house number on the address. I had read several reviews about poor customer service response, so I did not have high hopes; however, they replied to my email the next day and sorted everything out and kept me informed with emails as to the status of the reshipped order. I was very pleasantly surprised and the items I ordered were nice.
OpenSky E. – OpenSky Rep
HI Marlaine! Thank you for the kind words. If we can ever be of assistance again, please let us know. Thanks!
davidh3880
May 21st, 2020
• Updated review
Using Sitejabber finally got me a response from OpenSky. My order is now complete. All this could have been avoided if they would just respond to their emails. Well done Sitejabber!
Do not use this Web Site they are Thieves!
April 28th, 2020
• Previous review
They steal your money and will never respond to you after many attempts. They simply do not care.
I repeat NEVER use this company!
jeanninek15
April 15th, 2020
I purchased a pair of sneakers, tracking says I received them however I did NOT. I've tried numerous times to contact them,they never respond. Either refund my money or give me the product.
elyses3
May 15th, 2020
• Updated review
After asking them to cancel my order & not hearing back until much later same rep said would try to cancel my order, then much later it was already sent & gave me a tracking number. At the time I asked for it to be cancel only a label was created & it hadn't even gotten to FedEx until late that evening. It would have saved a lot of time just to contact FedEx & not be sent to me but that became an ordeal. Well the one "good" thing was that I didn't have to send back the first order, twin sheets (that I couldn't do anything with) & I got my refund. Issue one totally resolved.

This time to have to send the item back at least a label was created AND pick up was along with it. I must apologize to the company though because when I contacted UPS they told me ONLY a shipping label was paid for & this is why I say an ordeal ended up happening with that. I spoke to not only 1 person at UPS but 2 & even though I had a tracking number AND pick up confirmation TWO UPS reps told me there was NO pick up paid for & the first person told me that if I wanted this to be picked up I had to pay for it, which I DID. Only until today did I get an odd feeling & spoke to a third person who also originally told me the same thing...only a label was paid for then after speaking to her for more than 10 minutes did she start saying the company paid for pick up later. I asked "when" later & she tells me the date the label was created, meaning it WAS paid for & I should NEVER have had to pay for it.
When I'm wrong I say I'm wrong & why I'm apologizing on this website because I accused them of lying to me.
I will take care of what UPS did myself but OpenSky, you did what you said you would.
I hope we can part ways learning something & that was what I'd been trying to do from the beginning. One call could have stopped the shipment & saved a lot of aggravation for everyone involved.
Still my mistake for getting bad information & I'm glad I got the truth so I could apologize the right way!

3 stars just for handling my last outburst, now we can part ways amicably
Told me to leave my house to send back their mistake
May 12th, 2020
• Previous review
I never knew anything about them but out of the blue I started getting e-mails from them about some kind of "credit" I had & better use it before it was gone. So I took a look...well that "credit" wasn't exactly what we think of credit, it was credit off of the wholesale price. Ok, I did place an order anyway. Totally wish I didn't! I got bed sheets set because my most comfy ones just ripped & the ones I got in this filthy (outside) bag I opened up with gloves on (we still have to be very careful) looked BEAUTIFUL, then after washing my hands & just feeling them, they even felt nice but taking a closer look...they were a TWIN size, I ordered a FULL size! Even the return slip inside said FULL! I'd tried to get in touch with Opensky twice already to ask some questions & only found a tracking number show up in my fedex account so called that company prior to getting these sheets. It's a good thing so I actually had someone to call. It sounded like his personal number but he gave me the customer service number to that company, the company who made the sheets. All they told me was that they'd request a refund, no other options because they were out of stock. I wrote back, asking about other colors, other sizes...bigger or course & never heard back from them. For over the next hour plus I went back to Opensky looking for sheets & this wasn't easy, nothing comparable to what I bought but there were many options at the time I bought them!

Interesting that today I got a message from Opensky talking about my item was delivered, even though my last message was clearly in that thread talking about the item I got was the wrong item!
They wrote back & said they'd send me a return label & not charge me for the shipping but I need to GO bring it to a UPS place within a certain time so I can get my refund. They apologized for not getting back to me sooner but had to prioritize the messages. Still didn't acknowledge the fact that my last message was about the wrong item! I responded about what is going on & my own situation being ill prior to the pandemic & I barely left my home but now I don't leave plus of course I shouldn't have to pay for shipping for an item I didn't purchase. They shouldn't be asking me to GO anywhere & should automatically offer UPS to come pick up their mistake. I was even more worried now if they were treating new customers like this, I wasn't sure about the new order I placed but waited for a response. This rep had responded quickly before but I waited & since she didn't respond, I sent another message asking to cancel the order I placed not even 12 hours ago.

I can't believe this is how this company treats their customers especially with everything that is going on. It's not that I could have been a customer but I'm a human being! To tell me to GO somewhere & the ONE thing that you are doing for me is NOT CHARGING me to send the wrong item back...WOW, thank you! Worst customer service in a lot of places lately but I think this tips the scales! Send me something I can't use, an item that I didn't order then tell me (someone who is mainly bed bound & has no way of getting around) to GO & bring it to be sent back to you.
kathyk118
April 18th, 2018
I purchased the infinity necklaces for my future daughter in laws wedding-something for her bridesmaid to wear. The necklaces are small but elegant and look just like the photo. The only drawback is the chain: the chains were twisted and difficult to straighten. There is a natural twist to the chain which reflects lights nicely. Overall pleased. Ring is true to size and mimics the twisted chain nicely. Overall I am pleased.
OpenSky E. – OpenSky Rep
Hi Kathy! Thank you for taking the time to review us! If we can be of any assistance, please contact us at https://www.opensky.com/content/contact-us. Thank you!
kimberlyn56
August 20th, 2018
OpenSky E. – OpenSky Rep
Hi Kimberly! thank you for taking the time to review us! Please let us know if we can be of any assistance. Thanks!
nassirao
May 22nd, 2020
I bought an item from opensky.com when I got my order I found that was different than what I order I is not same brand I sent them too many emails no response at all .I paid for that item $95.35
dianap164
February 18th, 2019
I ordered a full size headboard and FedEx states they delivered but my video cam states no delivery. I emailed OpenSky about 6 times now they never bother to respond in any way. I am so disappointed in their lack of seeing their proxy delivered so even a response.

Tip for consumers: I probably would no order seeing there in no customer service available

OpenSky E. – OpenSky Rep
HI Diana! We are really sorry to lear about your experience with us. Please PM us your order number. Typically, our Customer Love team responds to every email within 2 business days. We would love to be able to resolve this for you. Thanks!
debrah59
April 6th, 2017
I bought 3 bracelets described as leather straps with Swarovsky elements. I wondered what "elements" meant. I now know - dull crystals. I bought the same or similar looking bracelet in a Swarovsky store and the crystals sparkle all over the place. I won't return because my daughters like them or are being too polite since I gave them as gifts. Disappointed and won't purchase anything else due to poor quality of these bracelets.
OpenSky E. – OpenSky Rep
Hi Debra! We are sorry to hear that the crystals on the bracelets you ordered did not meet your expectations. OpenSky hosts thousands of different shops and each merchant fulfills their own orders, so we hope you do not judge all OpenSky merchants by this one experience. We are always happy to help with any issues that may arise but, given that you do not wish to return these items, we will take your comments as constructive feedback. We are pleased to hear that your daughters like them, even though you are not satisifed with the quality.
juliah283
February 24th, 2020
I made a purchase and for some reason or another... the purchase was cancelled. I checked to see if maybe the item was out stock. It was not so I proceeded with trying to purchase it again. This time it went through and item was shipped. After waiting 2 weeks.. I received an email stating the item had been delivered, but I did not receive it. I emailed the company and they said it was delivered to the wrong address and that they would re-ship the item. Here it is another 2 weeks later and still nothing! They claim to have contacted their merchant to re-ship and that they have received no response from them. Sounds fishy! This item was supposed to be a gift and I am highly disappointed and upset with the whole situation. I was really looking forward to gifting it. I don't recommend purchasing anything from them. Having to wait over a month for an item is complete bull$#*!! Buyer beware!
Hi Julia,

We are very sorry to hear about this experience. Please be on the look out on an email from us. Once again we apologize for the inconvenience.
aliciak14
January 12th, 2017
i bought 4 skirts for my bridesmaids. they arrived not looking like the pictures, longer in length a weird pattern of fabric. One didn't even show up and can only use the online contact, still haven't heard a response back on that. So i went to return and it says i now have to pay shipping both ways for an ill described item. i will not be using again and will not recommend to anyone. the part on the order part just says return accepted within 14 days. you have to go to FAQ's to find out about the shipping costs.
OpenSky E. – OpenSky Rep
Hi Alicia! Our sincerest apologies for your recent unfortunate shopping experience. As described in our return policy at https://www.opensky.com/customer-support?article=2492115, it is expected that you would need to cover the original and return shipping unless the product was damaged, non-functional or otherwise not as described. If you feel the item falls into one of these categories, please call our Customer Love team directly at (844)707-7779 between 9 AM and 5 PM ET, any day of the week, and we will look into this further. You can also send us an email from https://www.opensky.com/content/contact-us if you would prefer.
tamis36
May 8th, 2018
I have ordered several items, and pleased with all of them. Highly recommend OpenSky to anyone. Easy to place your order, quick delivery. PLUS you get an extra 20% off on your next order
OpenSky E. – OpenSky Rep
Hi Tami! Thank you for taking the time to review us! We look forward to you visiting us again! Thank you!
kristineb49
January 18th, 2019
Merchandise is low quality. No return shipping address; difficult to follow return instructions, and then buyer is stalled until it is past their 14-day return policy, at which point they refuse the return. An item, which was "no longer available," was cancelled by them without notifying buyer. Worst buying experience I have ever had. I actually rate them as zero!
OpenSky E. – OpenSky Rep
Hi Kristine. We hate to learn that you have had a bad experience with us. Please feel free to DM us your order information. We will be happy to see how we can make this a better situation for you. Thank you.
anniez8
July 21st, 2019
I placed an order for a Handbag collection, leather. Upon receipt, its plastic. Several attempts made to contact Open Sky with no reply. I decided to investigate further, and my "leather handbag collection" is available at Walmart for 5 dollars cheaper. It is true, you get what you pay for. This will be going straight into my Goodwill pile and I will NEVER order from Open Sky again. Best of luck
Hi Annie,

Please look out for a private message from us for assistance with this matter.
tracih39
May 4th, 2019
Trying to return my blanket that I ordered but no one will respond. Somehow Facebook intervened when I messaged the company when I tried to contact them and then said they closed the claim in opensky's favor. Seeing all these reviews doesn't give me any hope that I'm going to get my money back. Sad that companies like this exist. Don't order from o!
Hi Traci,

We are very sorry to hear about this experience, if you still need assistance with this matter please private message us here or we can be reached via email at help@opensky.com. We would like to do all we can to improve this experience. Thank you
harryw60
April 23rd, 2018
I'm disappointed with the bracelet I purchased. The color certainly isn't gold. This is a birthday present for my wife and I'm hesitant to give it to her. In looking at the details of the bracelet write up it states not gold, but gold filled (whatever that is). This is different from the main description which simply states gold.
OpenSky E. – OpenSky Rep
Hi Harry! We are sorry to hear about the problem you are facing. Please contact us at https://www.opensky.com/content/contact-us with your order information. We will be happy to assist you!
suzis7
January 3rd, 2018
Have purchased some things...some were excellent and some I threw out. Sizes don't always match up nor does color. Basically cheap products.
OpenSky E. – OpenSky Rep
Hi Suzi! Thank you for taking the time to review us! Please contact us at https://www.opensky.com/content/contact-us with your order information, if you need any assistance.
londyr
Londy R.
June 25th, 2018
Im New to OpenSky all I have to say is. The product its nothing like the picture. Oh if you think about returning an item! Dont do it bc youll lose your money.

Some things are okay.
OpenSky E. – OpenSky Rep
HI Londy! Thank you for taking the time to review us. If we can be of any assistance, please email us https://www.opensky.com/content/contact-us. Thank you!
maryanner4
June 19th, 2018
I have tried through multiple sites to contact OpenSky to NO avail. An order was sent to Ripley, Mississippi over two weeks ago. And I'm assuming whoever received my pants liked then enough to steal them. OpenSky has not responded to any of my attempts to contact them and I am extremely unhappy. So I'm giving OpenSky a very bad review and advise people to be be very careful in dealing with this provider......And I can't even get my money back! How can you when you can't contact the seller!?!?!?
OpenSky E. – OpenSky Rep
Hi Marcela! We are sorry to hear that about the blouse. Please email us https://www.opensky.com/content/contact-us . We will be happy to assist you with the return.
alyssaa32
January 4th, 2019
We received a jacket three weeks after ordering it. When it arrived, the tags were cut out. Clearly, the jacket was stolen or misrepresented. When I asked about it, I was sent return instructions. They were hoping people wouldn't notice or care? I won't evrr buy anything from OpenSky again! And....way way too small! Tried to add a photo, surprise! It wouldn't let me.
sandrab990
November 10th, 2019
never got my order they said they can not find order # i sent them the order # with date
also sent them the tracking # they sent me show it was was shipped . but they can't find a order from me kiss that 21.00 good buy .
Hi Sandra,
We are sorry to hear about the difficulties you are experiencing! Please send us a private message containing your email address and order number and we will look into getting this straightened out as soon as possible!
carmeng47
April 19th, 2018
Overall, I was pleased with my purchases but would use caution when buying shoes as the size 10 was too small.
OpenSky E. – OpenSky Rep
Hi Carmen! Thank you for taking the time to review us! If we can be of any assistance, please contact us at https://www.opensky.com/content/contact-us. Thank you!
heleng76
March 6th, 2018
Open Sky is taking on a challenging job-using drop shippers from all over the world. Many come from China but arrive in reasonable time. I have enjoyed my purchases and will continue to buy. I have tried to reach out to them but there seems to be no one person at the top.
A big improvement would be better packaging and information with and about the product when it arrives. Some have nothing-not even a name or directions. I have started making a copy of the photo-ad when I order so I have a better idea of what I have coming.
OpenSky E. – OpenSky Rep
Hi Helen! Thank you for taking the time to review us! If we can be of any assistance, please contact us at https://www.opensky.com/content/contact-us. Thank you!

Hi Jack! Thanks for posting your question here. Similar to eBay and Amazon Marketplace, OpenSky brings merchants who offer a wide variety of merchandise together with interested buyers. However, we only promote new items, and we generally specialize in a few specifics areas, such as womens clothing and apparel and consumer electronics. Much of what sets us apart from the other marketplaces you mentioned involve our marketing/merchandising, and the programs we have available for merchants. If you are interested in learning more, we encourage you to review our Help page at https://www.opensky.com/customer-support or call our Customer Love team directly at (844)707-7779 between 9 AM and 5 PM ET, Monday through Friday. You can also send us an email from https://www.opensky.com/content/contact-us if you would prefer.

See more answers (26)

Hi Susan! We would need to look into what you are seeing specifically to explain the price difference you are seeing, but there are a few possibilities. First of all, we offer discount promotions just about every day and, depending on where you are viewing the product, the applicable discount may not be factored into the price. Also, shipping and handling charges, as well as tax (if applicable) will be added to your order during the checkout process. In any event, please feel free to call our Customer Love team directly at (844)707-7779 between 9 AM and 9 PM ET, any day of the week, and we will be happy to assist you with this further. You can also send us an email from https://www.opensky.com/content/contact-us if you would prefer.

See more answers (28)

I wish that their products were worth the money, don't waste yours. You can't track anything and then once you finally receive it, it turns out to be very poor merchandise, I emailed them literally about 12 times regarding the poor quality and received back nothing.

By Dawn S.
See more answers (16)

Hi Charlene! Yes, the others who have posted are correct. Please feel free to call our Customer Love team directly at (844)707-7779 between 9 AM and 5 PM ET, Monday through Friday., and we will be happy to assist you. You can also send us an email from https://www.opensky.com/content/contact-us if you would prefer.

See more answers (11)

Please contact us at 844-707-7779 M-F 9AM-5PM EST. We will be happy to assist you with placing your order, or any questions about a product.

See more answers (10)

Call 844-707-7779. It is a real working number and someone actually answers. I just got a refund for an item I have been dealing with since April. Good Luck. Just make sure you have all your info ahead of time and don't let them confuse you.

By Kristina S.
See more answers (4)

RUN...RUN FAST & FAR AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY, unless you don't mind waiting a minimum of 30-45 days for your order, don't care if you have little to no customer service, don't mind PAYING a restock fee even if your order was screwed up. Opensky is a middleman. Most of, if not all, The merchandise comes from China. The EARNED their one-star rating by shoddy practices. They've even resorted to posting fake 5-star ratings! So stupid that they posted EXACT comments.

By Donna A.
See more answers (6)

Hi Margaret! We are sorry to hear that you have not received your recent order. If you have already sent us an email from https://www.opensky.com/content/contact-us, you should hear back from you soon, and we will be happy to check the status of your order as soon as possible. You are also welcome to call our Customer Love team directly at (844)707-7779, between 9 AM and 9 PM ET, any day of the week, if you would prefer to address this situation over the phone.

See more answers (4)

Hi Tema! OpenSky is a marketplace with thousands of merchants, and many of them accept these Credits/Discount Dollars on eligible products. You can learn more about how our credits work on the following page of our FAQ: https://www.opensky.com/customer-support?article=1467242. If you have any other questions, please call us directly at (844)707-7779 between 9 AM and 5 PM ET, Monday through Friday, and we will be happy to help clear up any loose ends. We apologize for the confusion.

See more answers (6)

Hi Wendy! I'm sorry to hear you are having a difficult time creating an account. Please call us directly at (844)707-7779 between 9 AM and 5 PM ET, Monday through Friday, or send us an email from https://www.opensky.com/content/contact-us, and we will be happy to help get you up and running.

See more answers (10)

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the OpenSky staff and other customers.

OpenSky is more than a community, it’s a movement, to discover, share, shop and grow the world’s most exciting emerging brands. Together we’re democratizing commerce by making connections between creative and passionate small businesses and shoppers who crave quality and diversity.

OpenSky is proud to be a Google Trusted Store.

OpenSky E.
Customer service
Typically responds within 3 days

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OpenSky?

Have a question about OpenSky?