Review of Fashionphile

Carlsbad, CA 92008, US
Tel: 866.468.5893

fionam63
11/12/18

I purchased a Chanel bag from them. Unlike other reviewers here I did not need to talk to their customer service so I was spared from any bad potential experience with them. However I received my bag and the packaging they sent it in was wonderful. Overall I am happy with my purchase and would shop with them again.

jeny27
11/12/18

If you have items to sell, forget trying to get a quote from Fashionphile. When you submit an item to get a quote, you get a notification that states that it will take 1 - 2 days. They NEVER get back to you with a quote in 1 - 2 days. My complaint is that if they cannot get a quote out in 1 - 2 days, then change it to 5 - 7 days (that is on average how long it takes). Just be honest rather than to set false expectations to your customers. I have called to complain about this a number of times and they always make up a lame excuse.

lm187
7/12/18

I have absolutely loved everything that I purchased from this site (7 bags and counting). Every bag came to me in better condition than described. Pay a little more and purchase only "new" or "excellent" condition. Also, I love that I can get a leather bag and not feel bad about killing another animal for it (huge animal lover). My reason for only 3 stars is this, 1. customer service. It takes forever to hear back from them through email, most of the time you don't hear back at all. 2. It takes 7-10 days to get my items even after first purchase verification. This is excruciating for a girl. They ship FedEx, not sure why. UPS is the way to go.

jayg132
6/23/18

I sold a couple bags & bought a little coin purse. They gave me a quote on the bag that was close enough to what Id have been able to get on my own & I just wanted it gone, so I was happy enough to sell it. They received my item & I had my money direct deposited in to my account within about 3 days. Totally painless.

The coin purse shipped super quickly. I received it within 2 days & the shipping was free.

The negative with Fashionphile is that they dont accept designer clothing & then the buy out price on some of the items was absolutely ridiculously low. $25 for a pair of Jimmy Choos that have quite literally been worn 1 time? I paid far more than that. Theyre authentic & theyre going to mark them up far more than 50%. Other shoes that are much more worn & they offered more money? I understand they buy what sells, but that stuff is crazy. Id rather put in the effort & sell it myself on poshmark for quite a bit more.

All in all, Im glad I have the option... I would advise others to be well aware of what their items are worth before buying/selling. Its a good site overall... just make sure you arent getting ridiculous low balls.

ronh238
6/10/18

This is the worst company on the planet....buyer and seller beware. Use the Real Real...they are honest ethical people unlike FP...

ericg201
5/23/18

I ordered an $800 item for my mother and waited 4 days to receive a tracking number. I called twice and was told the package was shipping that day. Later I was told the risk manager had to approve the purchase and that was just done the day before I was told it was to be shipped. The boutiques don't even do that. Buying should not be this cumbersome. Either way, this is not to my standard of customer service and they have lost a sale.

veras25
3/1/18

I paid extra to have an item delivered in two days. They use FED EX which doesn't care when they deliver so of course it didn't make it on time. No one responded to my emails or phone calls. Also, I was sold a Tiffany watch awhile back and they stated that it had scratches. That was the only flaw. Nope. The watch was totally broken and missing parts inside. They told me that since I cut the tags off, they could't take it back.

protasiad
2/28/18

Horrendous Customer Service I recently submitted items for quoting, and they were accepted, once I sent them in i received an email that the items were received but one of my items was not authentic. I know 100% this is not true, but whatever. I was asked to pay a $75 fee to return it to me (which was how much they offered me for it, so basically I'm paying them for an item I already owned), but whatever and I wrote back that I would as soon as I received confirmation that I would receive ALL 3 items back and not just the inauthentic one. I received 2 automated emails stating once the fee was paid my item would be returned, and a partial email where I believe someone was trying to say yes or confirm, but they seem to be technologically illiterate and the message was unfinished and the automated message saying once I paid the Item (not items) would be sent back. I have been asking for confirmation for 2 weeks that ALL items would be returned and kept getting no real response. Finally, today, someone emails me and says that the check was mailed and the items were paid for, and they can stop the payment on the check for a $25 fee on TOP of the $75 they want to charge me for not authenticating an authentic LV strap. Now let's be clear, they purchase my LV luggage tag for $15 and are reselling it for $125, and my LV poignet they purchased for $10 and are selling it for $50. Thats an 80% margin. So I guess I'll cash the $25, but my strap is considered stolen merchandise in my book.

barbib
10/28/17

Fashionphile has THE WORST customer service of life. They are sure eager to sell you an item but should you have any problems receiving the item, Fashionphile will NOT help you. Fashionphile has the arrogant attitude of "we got your money, we don't care anymore." They are awful. I do not recommend them

rubya22
8/29/17

Since I haven't ordered from them in awhile, I was requested to do a password reset. I applaud the security measure, but that's where the good news ends. After password reset, I still could not log in. First, I sent a "chat" request-NO RESPONSE. Then I called the 800 number-got "disconnected". On third attempt I finally talked to a live person who said they were forwarding my email address to IT & they would be contacting me. Now that was yesterday at about 6pm. As of today-NO RESPONSE. I went to site this morning and the Gucci handbag I was trying to buy yesterday was SOLD! I'm done with Fashionphile. I'm sure The Real Real will be more than happy to take my money.

jasmineb47
8/26/17

Recently purchased a Louis Vuitton speedy 35 . Couldn't be happier with my purchase. Item was as described . Took it to the Louis Vuitton store and they also verified its authenticity and were surprised by the great price I got it for . Please don't believe all the horror stories about fashionphile. Its unfortunate that because one person had a bad experience and no proof behind it can try to tear down a reputable seller . Do your research on the item your looking to purchase and if anything is different from what you researched don't buy it . Again very happy with the purchase and it has given me trust when buying preowned luxury bags .

lisap245
8/24/17

Fashionphile is fully aware they are selling fake Rockstud shoes and just don't care. What else is fake?

Response from Sarah D., Fashionphile Representative
Ensuring the authenticity of our items is of the utmost importance in maintaining the integrity of our business. All of our items are reviewed by two highly skilled authenticators who specialize in their respective brands prior to being listed on our website.

We would like to address any concerns you might have with the Valentino Rockstud pumps currently listed on our site. In order to do this we will need additional information including the item/s in question. Please email us your concerns at authentication@fashionphile.com and we will respond promptly.
alliea12
8/14/17

Everything with Fashionphile appeared to working smoothly, send pictures of my items, getting quotes and eventually sending my items to the site. After that I had a horrible experience. It's taken 3 weeks and I still haven't been paid. I've had to email them because they keep listing my account as pain when I haven't received any money. I will never sell on this site again.

maryy30
8/9/17

For many other companies and sites similiar to Fashionphile, cannot beat the service they have recently provided me, especially when timing was very crucial. Thanks to all at Fashionphile.
I most definitely recommend this company if anyone is planning on purchasing or selling their luxury items.

simones28
7/23/17

I have bought tons of items from Fashionphile and have never been disappointed! They definitely have the best prices online. Whenever I see a bag I want I google it and Fashionphile is always the cheapest online... With their basics like the Eva clutch, speedy etc you're not going to see that great of a savings (like all Of the online resellers) but there are definitely outstanding deals on the site. I just purchased a $4900 Chanel bag on their 'last call' savings for $850!! Unreal! They could however use a little work on the CS side, had some shipping issues.. but the reps are always very nice from my experience.

fannys2
6/10/17

Purchased a Celine bag from them. Never needed to contact customer service, though, so can't speak to that. Loved the packaging, it was so detailed oriented. The bag was exactly as described, and way cheaper than similar sites. Also, the 30 day grace period gave me peace of mind, something similar sites don't offer.

lisah299
6/9/17

Be care of this website. They are after your money ONLY and do not care about your satisfaction. Their offers are way less than other sites such as therealreal, yoogiscloset, annsfabulousfinds, even eBay valet sellers. The customer service is horrible, rude, and basically a waste of time. Their layaway policy really really really is horrible, and I would not recommend it for anymore. There are many choices for this type of business online, and fashionphile is at the bottom on all categories, such as customer service, pricing, return policy, satisfaction guarantee, etc. They are not a loyal company at all, and if you have bought/sold to them in the past, they do not care. Other brands such as therealreal, yoogiscloset, annsfabulousfinds, all have loyalty programs which clearly will reward you for return business. Please do yourself a favor and block their website!

summerg13
5/22/17

Bought Lady dior and chloe Faye bag ,excellent condition but graded as very good which is a great surprise and 50% discount going further so grabbed it due to competition, having said that there is peace of mind with the 30 day return policy. Also not sure if its due to the carrier that duties are reasonable, uses Fedex , duties are lower than expected! Definitely my loyalty goes to them!

jacksons23
3/24/17

I BOUGHT THE ARTSY MM MONOGRAM EMPREINTE LEATHER HANDBAG.
WAS PRE OWED EXCELLENT CONDITION. USED TWICE SIDE COLOR RUBBING OFF THIS IS NOT OK, SAVE YOUR MONEY AND BUY FROM LV STORE. I HAVE 8 HANDBAGS FROM LV STORE, BEWARE TOO MUCH TO PAY FOR THIS CRAP!

bernadetteh4
2/26/17

I purchased one Chanel and two limited edition Louis Vuitton Speedy 30 bags, and am completely satisfied with my purchases. The descriptions were accurate, as were the pictures of any flaws. They even document any odor the bags have, so you know in advance: does this have a perfume scent? Was it owned by a smoker? etc. Very satisfied. A trustworthy retailer in second-hand luxury goods. I will be purchasing more!

maryannr8
2/6/17

What a joy to shop at the Fashionphile! I've purchases several bags from them. I've also needed to return a couple of bags. First the returns - as happens, the color was a bit "off" on a creme bag - it was more yellow than the photo showed. Returns - a true breeze! Find your purchase in your account - print the prepaid mailing label - wrap and ship.
Regarding a purchase - I've also purchased several bags from them. They ARE QUALITY people to deal with. No "funny stuff" like you get from a couple other sites. What you see is what you get. They guarantee authenticity. And, after you use the bag - they have a guaranteed repurchase price. The description of the bags is complete, honest and can be relied upon. Then, in the event it still is not what you expected - they happily accept your return -not sure about that "happy" part since they are in the business of SELLING not accepting returns but still they do accept them with no hassle. They have a large selection of handbags - the rest - shoes, accessories - not so much but growing all the time. I check their site frequently with some very happy surprises. I would give them 10 stars if available. That is how fond of this site I am. Not a single complaint. How sweet and how rare. Thank you Fashionphile people.

lindaa98
12/7/16

I selected some Chanel boots and put them on layaway. Once paid for, I received the merchandise and they came in a number of protected dust cloths including Fashionphile's dust cloth and Chanel dust cloths for each boot and the Chanel box!
The boots had only the scuff mark as showed on the website and I have already gotten that repaired! $2K boots for a fraction of the price and I paid on my own terms with layaway! Thank you Fashionphile...great product!

legrandm
9/20/16

I've bought 12 bags and sold 5 and until yesterday I thought they were the best thing since sliced bread. I tried using gift card and then pay off balance. I went through their customer service the it went from bad to worse. The system said my bank declined however my bank (3 of them) said nothing was declined. I called bad and email about 6 reports to they. I ask for a mgr. No use! Finally after 3 hours of trying, I finally "pd" off (2) layaways this morning. The savings are longer worth the pain, aggravation, and suffering.

valariec1
9/4/16

Absolutely beautiful!

mp97
8/18/16

I bought several bags from them but one was not in very good condition as described so I send it back, they refunded 100% tg, but they blocked me (on eBay) I wrote 2 times asking why they blocked me and no one answered. So I leaved a bad review explaining what happened and they contacted me in about 5 minutes, apaologizing and stated that they never blocked me. I'm still blocked and eBay eliminated the bad review as they always do. The bag I bought, Alexander wang Rocco black is still there and is not in "very good condition" as the description says.

Terri, can you email brandee@fashionphile.com? I looked into the system and can't see a Terri P in the system. We have zero affiliation with snobswap and never have had one. Other resellers do. Is it possible you were dealing with another reseller? We send checks as soon as we check in an item and it is authenticated. Thanks!

By Sarah D., Fashionphile Representative

Best customer service EVER !!! NEVER a problem with returns. Zappos is without a doubt the quickest, most reliable site EVER ! I have been shopping this site for ten years plus and NEVER had anything but exceptional service. They are the quickest with shipping, the best with customer service, best site EVER. If all online shopping were this convenient and trustworthy I would never have to go anywhere else. unfortunately they simply don't carry everything I need or it would be the only site I shop. Cannot say enough praises for Zappos.

By V S.

Questions? Get answers from the Fashionphile staff and other customers.

Fashionphile?