Review of Swap.com

Tel: 630-296-0146
assistance@swap.com

laurenf45
1/19/18

It took 3 months for them to process my box and they rejected everything, including an item that was brand new with tags. I get the impression they dumped out my box and didn't even look at it. Huge waste of time. When I contacted them about the 100% rejection rate of the thoughtfully prepared items in my box -- all prepared and shipped according to their website instructions -- I received an unhelpful form letter in response.

betsyh12
1/17/18

Sent a box in Oct and another in Nov, 2017. Just saw on line that one box was received Jan. 16, 2018 with 100% reject rate and other box showed all "0"s. Would rather give to a good charity.

Response from Jen P., Swap.com Representative
Hello Betsy,

Thank you for your review of your recent selling experience. Not accepted items are processed onto your account first, and other items are added within 5 business days. Therefore, your rejection percentage is due to change to the actual percentage once all of your items are processed. However, we apologize for any confusion regarding this process.

If you have any further questions, please, email assistance@swap.com.

Thank you for selling with Swap.com!
madbelms
1/14/18

I have been a seller of this website since 2015. My payouts recently have been decreasing. They always modify their rules .However, anything is good than nothing at all.

Response from Jen P., Swap.com Representative
Hello,

Thank you for your review of your selling experience, and for being a loyal Swap.com seller! As a growing and developing company, we sincerely appreciate your input. If you have any further suggestions or inquiries, please, email assistance@swap.com.

sw832
1/12/18

This is one of the best websites to shop for quality clothing and other items at fabulous prices. I definitely recommend using this website for nice clothing you need, but do not want to spend enormous amounts of money.

danif8
1/12/18
• Updated review

The problem with your response to my review about my boutique dresses with boutique label bought from China is that I sent photos of the dresses and photos of the labels inside the dresses before I ever sent them to swap.com and was told that as long as they had the sizes on them they were fine. Another thing I sent a box prior to the last one you refused and you sold almost every one of them the boutique dresses in that box with my label.. This is why I think that there are other people running swap.com now. You did keep a few of the boutique dresses in the last box which I was selling in my etsy shop for $45.00, you priced them at $6.00 and when a couple sold I received $1.20 of that amount. You are pricing items way to low and it looks like you are taking the largest amount of the sales price , which before I got the larger amount. I don't know what to say but i'm not sending any other boxes. There are many sites that sell used clothing that I can send my stuff to. The boutique dresses you rejected and I received back I just sent to another shop that will give me 70% of sales price!

“Very disappointed with Swap.com”
12/8/17
• Previous review

The first box I sent a few months ago everything went well, it took awhile for my stuff to get listed but I was able to price them and the majority of my items sold and very few rejected.

Now with my second box it was there several months and now they price everything themselves. Before I sent my second box I sent photos of my new children's dresses and jacket that I sell in my boutique and also my boutique label to see if it was okay to send. I was told yes, the only thing was to make sure there was a size on each one which I made sure was on with my label. So they get the box and sit on it for several months and then tell me the whole box has been rejected because the dresses and jackets were altered by me putting my label on them. What more can you do than ask and you're told to send them!!!

So I argued back and forth and finally told them to send them back so after my first shipping charge of $11 and some odd cents and another $5.99 to get my dresses back I open the box to see that instead of them being put back in the box the way I had them they were just thrown in and sent back only to arrive all wrinkled and I have no idea if they are all there. It seems to me they are either getting to big now and pick and choose what they want or were bought out and now the people running it are horrible. Needless to say I won't be sending anymore boxes to them. I'm very disappointed with them!

Response from Jen P., Swap.com Representative
Hello Dani,

Thank you for your review of your shopping experience. Swap.com cannot accept any altered items for return processing reasons. You stated that your dresses were bought from China, and had an Etsy tag sewn to the dresses, which is considered an alteration. Confirming the size of the dresses also becomes an issue in such cases, although the dresses were darling. I have also submitted your feedback to our developing team for training purposes in regards to the not accepted items. If you have any further questions, please, email assistance@swap.com.

Thank you for selling on Swap.com!
theresam63
1/8/18

So Swap.com sent me out a box and my husband threw it out thinking it was a used box. I asked for a new box and reprinted shipping label. It took them FOREVER to ship it to me (3 months) and when I finally got it packed and shipped we sent it directly from a Fedex location. Swap is taking 0 accountability and in fact is blaming us even though it was their label saying the label was 2 years old and they didn't have any responsibility and I had to go to fedex. 1) They should have a record of all fedex labels printed. 2) They should have records attached to my account showing the supply chain process of box requested, label printed and shipped and incoming scan tracking for that label. They have no idea what the heck they are doing and I am out $100 worth of baby clothes that I sent to them. Total rip off and filing a BBB report and attorney general report. I will not do business with them after this.

Response from Jen P., Swap.com Representative
Hello Theresa,

I believe we resolved this issue via our customer service correspondence, however, if you are experiencing any further issues, please contact us by emailing assistance@swap.com. Because your original label had expired, we had to provide you a new label, which was not tied to the account. However, after you provided additional information that you had requested a new label, and did not use the expired tracking label, we were able to locate the tracking of your box, as well as confirm that it is awaiting processing at Swap.com. However, we apologize for any confusion, and have since improved this process as well.

Thank you for selling on Swap.com!
jh689
1/8/18

Complete scam. Fees & more fees. Items stolen. Rude customer service. THEY fix prices to make THEM more money but not you. This needs investigated for FRAUD!

Response from Jen P., Swap.com Representative
Hello,

We sincerely apologize your selling experience has been less than satisfactory. We do price all items for our sellers, however, if you disagree with a price, you can inquire to assistance@swap.com with an item number, and we will review the pricing of an item. Please, refer to the commission structure in our help center for more information. Any not accepted items are held on your account for 14 days. During this period, you have the ability to either donate the items, or ship them back to yourself. If you believe an item is not on your account, we can also look into that for you after your email to assistance@swap.com.

ed7149
1/8/18

I would never recommend anyone use this site. They steal your belongs and money and they charge you crazy fees to sell your items. They are suppose to help you sell your items when they actually ripe you off. This site is suppose to help not to rob you.

Their customer service is very rude when they speak with you. Very impatient like they don't like their job or known their job. If you don't like your job quit. Person I spoke to was (user id: 7734638175 Ceara).

Response from Jen P., Swap.com Representative
Hello E.D.

Our sincere apologies for your customer service experience. We always strive to help our sellers in a polite and sincere manner. Could you please email assistance@swap.com with the subject like "SiteJabber Inquiry"? We would like to further assist you in regards to any items which you believe are missing from your account.

We look forward to hearing from you,
jenniferw272
12/30/17

You have got to be kidding me. They accepted 3 of my 20+ brand name, great condition, recently purchased items? I had two mint condition winter coats, both a brand name and totally current trend, and a near-mint pair of toddler Saucony sneakers in there, and they're telling me they want to charge me another $10 (in addition to what I paid to send my stuff in) to send my items back to me??? I loved their site in the past and made decent money, but it's now a $#*!ing joke and a SCAM. Highway robbery! Completely ridiculous and I'm going to tell everyone I know not to use them.

Response from Jen P., Swap.com Representative
Hello Jennifer,

Our flat rate shipping fee for any shipments, along with any shipments back to you, is $5.99. However, if you believe any of your not accepted items need additional reviews, we can do so for you. Please email assistance@swap.com with the item number of your not accepted item or bundle of items prior to 14 day period during which the not accepted items are listed on your account.

missys22
12/30/17

I recently came across a 40% off promo code on a podcast I listen to. The podcasters use this site, themselves, and had some great things to say (of course they did). Anyway, I thought it would be great to try Swap with the promo code discount. Lets just say, Im less than satisfied.

The positives: I find the prices to be fair for items received. Its basically an online consignment shop, and the items I received were in good shape, with the exception of one pair of pants that smelled strongly of perfume (Im allergic). The package was shipped quickly and the items were packaged professionally.

The negatives: Out of 6 items, I kept one. Ill start from the beginning, though. The promo code only works on certain items, which is not obviously posted when you spend time shopping for the items you want. The search capability is okay at best. I do like that they add fabric types and lengths, but their filtering is a bit wonky. When I went to check out, only 3 items were discounted and the others ended up staying full price. Very misleading. This was not mentioned in the copy on the podcast. I went ahead and bought the items because they do have a 30 day no questions asked return policy, which is not completely true because I did fill out a questionnaire for returning. As far as the items, a few just didnt fit right, and thats to expected, but TWO items were not even remotely the correct size. I ordered mostly 2Xs and size 20s. A pair of pants was a size 4 (it wouldnt fit on my ankle). A skirt was a size 12. Both items read 20 on the website. The pair of pants smelled strongly of perfume, which I am allergic to, and as soon as I removed them from the package, the stink permeated my bedroom. Gross. I have filled out the return page (which was easy), and Ill see if the return is as easy as they claim.

They sent a 10 dollar coupon with the order, but I probably wont use it. I have been selling online for years and thought about selling with them until I received my order and searched out reviews. Seems they have some shady practices. Ill stick to local consignment shops and Poshmark.

In the end, I do not recommend them, even with a deep discount. Its more trouble than its worth.

Response from Jen P., Swap.com Representative
Hello Missy,

Thank you for your review of your recent shopping experience. Some of our discount codes do have exclusions, however, we apologize for any confusion caused by the exclusions. Some item tags do have European sizing, such as size 20-30 women's jeans. To ensure you are seeing plus size clothing, select the "plus size" category size type filter when shopping, and you will only see plus size clothing. I have also submitted your feedback to our developing team. As a growing and developing company, we are always looking to improve!

We hope you give Swap.com another try!
kittyn1
12/17/17

Things used to be great selling with Swap, I also enjoyed the swap option and found some great items that way. I find it HIGHLY odd that you can no longer "Swap" when the name of the company implies that you can! I used to make good money with them, and the turnaround was only about 30 days, but now it can take up to 6 months to see your items listed and once they are you damn near croak when you see the prices they are listed for! Most recently, a $125 designer robe listed for only $5, what kind of morons are pricing our items? Since we can no longer price our own items, it takes twice as long for them to get listed and I am actually LOSING money now because I bought these items to resell in the first place!! Collectible board games that I used to make around $45 on are now practically given away. I used to make around $500/mo and now make MAYBE $10-$15! A good friend of mine who got me started with Swap and has been featured as a top seller more than once has washed her hands of this HORRIBLE company!! She agrees with everything I am saying here, utterly HORRIBLE business practices, NO consideration for sellers and our complaints, lame platitudes for every complaint-acting as if you care (which you DON'T).
I found my items being sold on ebay in the past for much more than what I had priced them at.. SHADY SHADY SHADY! This was before they disclosed that they were even listing them on ebay.

I strongly dislike what this company has become. I am filing a case with the Better Business Bureau for unfair business practices.

PLEASE do not bother responding to my review swap.com, I have seen and heard it all from you already, empty words, don't waste your breath. You are a horrible company.

Tip for consumers: Wow, this used to be at least $200 per payment...

Response from Jen P., Swap.com Representative
Hello Kathryn,

Thank you for your review of your selling experience. Our current processing rate is about 60 days, and we are hiring more team members to alleviate the processing delay. If you believe an item was incorrectly priced, please, email assistance@swap.com with the item number, and we will review the price of the item for you.

Swap.com may randomly list your items to sell on the Ebay store, however, the price of the item will be the same (with the added fee from PayPal onto your original price) and you will always receive the payout for the sale of the item. Listing items on Ebay increases the chance of your items selling. If you have any further questions, please, inquire to assistance@swap.com.

jessicar192
12/14/17

I sent a box of items to consign with swap on September 29, 2017. There were over 75 items in the box of boys & girls childrens clothing. The box was confirmed delivered via swap.com prepaid fedex shipping label. After 3-4 emails to their customer service department, and via twitter - my consignment box has still not been processed. It is now December 14th, 2017 - nearly 3 months later - I have no items, no money, and now no communication. I feel completely ripped off and I am out everything! Take your consignment items elsewehere!! You dont want to do business here!

Response from Jen P., Swap.com Representative
Hello Jessica,

Thank you for your review of your shopping experience. The current processing time is about 60 days, and your box should have been processed by now. Please, inquire to assitance@swap.com if you have any questions about your newly listed items.

Thank you for selling with us!
staceyj7
12/5/17

The items I ordered were all in really good shape, I was very impressed with the products. Shipping was fairly quick, I live out in the middle of nowhere, so my order came within a week. Have shared this site with others!

Response from Jen P., Swap.com Representative
Hello Stacey,

Thank you for your positive review of your recent shopping experience, and for recommending us to your friends and family! Happy New Year!
jessickaz
12/2/17

Its actually almost unbelievable how bad they have gotten in such a short amount of time.

To start this review, I have to tell you a little bit about myself. I have been selling online as my main source of income for over 10 years. About 97 percent of my sales are and have been clothing, and of that 99 percent of my inventory is new with tag items. So I'm not new to this. About two years ago, I loved the idea of Swap when I first found out about it. It was basically passive income because I have a large inventory of clothing and packing up three boxes a month and shipping them was basically no extra work for me. I was okay with their cut as well. Alternatively, I loved shopping on Swap as well. Probably too much.

Almost immediately I did take not of some shady and unprofessional things that Swap did. Some of the clothing I sent in was definitely wrongly rejected. I know what I'm doing, probably more so than the employee going through my boxes. I always just donated the rejected clothes, because due to the process of keeping track of my inventory, it was much easier to just donate the items they rejected. I was never over 4 or 5 percent rejected, so it really wasn't much of a loss. I did however keep track of what happened to what items. I keep a pretty detailed spreadsheet of what was listed and what was rejected. Because, when Swap rejects your items, they literally take a photo of them crumpled up in a ball. Its very unprofessional and almost like they don't want you to be able to figure out what they are claiming is rejected. Very shady, and more on this later. Like I said, I know I accepted this when I continued to use the service. And like I said it wasn't that much of a loss, so I just added into the cost of doing easy business with them.

At the same time, my Swap buying and trading was also at an all time high. And very rarely did I get anything that I would consider unacceptable. There was the occasional mis-listed size, but that was always quickly and easily resolved by Swap in the past.

Then in about, August of this year, Swap basically went insane. The queue to process boxes sent in was over three months long. Then they dropped all these new absolutely ridiculous terms, with no advanced warning, and almost no grandfathering in. Considering they still had a lot of people's items, still waiting to be listed for months, that people sent in before the change in terms is in my opinion completely inexcusable.

The biggest blows to the sellers in the new terms were:

1. They completely changed how much you make, reducing it by a very, very large amount. Before the change, if you sold something for eight dollars, you would make $4.10 After the change that same eight dollar item would only make you $1.60. In all fairness to Swap, they did not apply this to items sent in before the change. Yes, if something sells for less than four dollars, you make zero. ZERO. Who there thought this was a good idea to make a pay a person ZERO dollars? Why would anyone send in anything? Sending items to Swap is sometimes quite literally just taking the most complicated path to give your stuff away.

2. Swap decided that it would be a good idea to price all items sent in. This was NOT grandfathered in and began immediately. This was probably their worst decision. Swap cannot keep up with boxes sent to them. So all the items, once processed sit in another queue for pricing. So they are basically failing at everything they are promising to do. For example I have things I sent them, that took 94 days to even get to the boxes. I did request most of this back, but left some there just for a test so I could see how things go. Most of them are still waiting to be priced. They are on day 81.So its been almost half a year that they have been working on my stuff. And yes, you can have it sent back, but I think I'm trying to get the high score. The stuff they did price is messed up. Some stuff is so underpriced that it sells before you get a chance to even see it. Some stuff is so overpriced. For example I have a pair of cheap flats from a Mart store. They are new and I think they even say 12.98 on the price tag. They listed them for $24.00.

3.They instated a lot of new fees. Fees for how heavy your box is. Fees for how many of your items are rejected, which is VERY inconsistent.

It feels like they are punishing us for their horrible business ideas.

Oh, and the thing that made me want to write this review, and what I said more about that later, earlier in this review. I know for a fact that they do sell their donated rejects. I've always been curious about this so a couple times I've searched for things that they rejected when I sent it in. I am almost sure I saw many of the things I looked for. I can't be a hundred percent sure, but I sell a lot of vintage new with tags, so I am pretty positive they were my rejects based on my spreadsheets of what I sent in and the items. They don't list them right away, because they can't keep up with anything. But check for stuff that you got rejected about 4-8 months ago. I bet you'll find some too. And they wanna CHARGE you for rejects. Can't you just steal it instead of people paying you to take their stuff.

While they were backed up and made the changes to the terms, they also offered to buy peoples boxes. The amount they offered, I can't even believe. They should be ashamed. Along with this you also have the option all the time to sell your stuff to Swap. They do offer you so little. Oh, new 3 piece Carter's outfit, best Swap can do is 84 cents. Better than giving it away, I suppose. They do not realize that the sellers are also buyers. They really blatantly go against everything they say they stand for. Saving the Earth and recycling clothing. What does that matter when you wrap up two million articles of clothing in individual plastic bags? They seem to have lost sight of what was the good part of using Swap.

Oh, and buying also has gone way downhill. It's almost hilariously bad. My last order took ten days to ship. It contained six items. Something was wrong with every item except one.
1. Ordered XL pants, pants were actually medium (labelled).
2. One adult hoodie was actually a completely different item
3. Missing a shirt
4. XL tunic type shirt was actually a size 4 (labelled as well).
5. Another hoodie that I take credit for. It looked plain but the picture didn't show the back. The back was completely covered in really cheap trashy rhinestones in the shape of a cross with a bunch of obnoxious writing on it.
6. The only item that was spot on - a really nice dress.

I think that's about all. Well for me. There are many, many more horror stories out there.

Response from Jen P., Swap.com Representative
Hello Jessicka,

Thank you for your review of your selling experience. We can always double check your rejected items for you if you provide the item number of the not accepted bundle to assistance@swap.com. Our quality team will review up to 20 not accepted items per inbound.

Although the commission structure and some terms have changed as of July 19th, 2017, any labels generated prior to that date are included in the old terms and conditions, as well as the old commissions structure. However, Swap.com has begun pricing all items for our sellers as of August 18th, 2017. Swap.com only charges a small fee for rejection percentages which exceed 45%.

The current processing time is about 60 days, however, we are continuously hiring and having hiring fairs to alleviate the back up, to keep up with the company growth. However, we sincerely apologize for the increased processing time, as well as your shopping experience. We would like to discuss your experience further as well. Please, contact us at assistance@swap.com with the subject line "SiteJabber Response".

jennyg47
12/1/17

I began using swap regularly 3 years ago as both a buyer and a seller.
In the beginning you could send in outgrown clothes and pretty much break even buying the next size. Now the prices are so high it isn't worth even browsing. The items being sold are 2x brand new retail in most cases. Why would I pay in store pricing for a used item?
The actual swap feature has also been removed.
The higher prices and new compensation for sellers makes it only a good deal for Swap. I also saw my items being sold by swap.
My last few orders I received items that were not at all as described. Wrong sizes, trashed condition, even giant holes in an item I bought as a gift.
Swap offered no help.
I won't sell or buy from them ever again.

Response from Jen P., Swap.com Representative
Hello Jenny,

Thank you for your review of your shopping experience. If you believe an item's pricing should be different, please, sent the item number to assistance@swap.com and we will review the item for you. To complete a return for any item, go to swap.com/rma and enter your order number. You will be refunded for any damaged or incorrectly described items back to your original form of payment, and we will look into training opportunities for the individual who categorized your purchased items.
If you need any further assistance, please, reach out to assistance@swap.com.

Thank you for shopping with us!
lynns131
12/1/17

They sell clothes at ridiculous prices, and you make no money. Do not use, by the time they get your clothing processed they are in another season. Anywhere from 3-6 months for them to process 1 box

carolines71
12/1/17
• Updated review

To the party that responded to my review of Swap.com:
You're apology means nothing to me since I know that it's not sincere - it's for business interests only, so spare me!
I know of your "policy", no need to cite it! That your company won't return store credit to someone who is moving out of the country or simply DOES NOT wish to do business with you anymore is Shameful! YOU DON'T GET TO KEEP THE PRODUCT AND THE CUSTOMER'S MONEY AS WELL!! That's called theft!

jHowever, I will say as an update, that once I informed your manager that I was contacting the Customer Protection Division at the State's Attorne's Office of my state about your refusal to refund my money, somehow Swap.com was MAGICALLY "able" to refund my store credit to my credit card! How very interesting!

You are scammers and you know it, so save the B.S.
Thanks to social media though, the word is out about your shady business practices, so I hope that many more will steer clear of doing business with you!

“REPORT this SCAM of a business!”
11/28/17
• Previous review

Swap.com is committing theft and fraud! Even if you try to close your account with them to get back your ever increasing amount of "store credit" they don't want to refund it! HELLO Swap.com! You can't keep the merchandise AND the consumer's money as well! And you can't force us to do business with you saying that "store credit has to be used because it's your policy"! I'm afraid that that doesn't sit well with people in this country!

I have reported them to the Consumer Protection Division of the Maryland State's Attorney's Office and encourage all that have realized how they're being scammed by Swap.com to do the same!

Response from Jen P., Swap.com Representative
Hello Caroline,

We apologize your recent experience with Swap.com has been unsatisfying. Unfortunately, store credits, which are added to your Swap.com account, are non-transferable systematically. Our sincere apologies for any inconvenience. You can review our return policy by accessing the following link:

Our policy states you will receive store credit or refund to the original payment based on the return.

You will receive a refund to the original form of payment for the following reasons:

A wrong item
Damaged during shipping
Differs considerably from the description on Swap.com
If the item you ordered is missing from shipment or the entire shipment is missing.

You will receive a refund in the form of store credit for the following reasons:

Item is as described
Item does not fit
You do not like it
You just want to return it without a specific reason

I hope this helps clarify the policy for you. We also hope you can find something useful on Swap.com using your store credit.

If your account has been deactivated per your request, we can re-activate your credited account for you as well. Please, contact assistance@swap.com with any further questions or inquiries.
sop1047
11/20/17

I've been shopping on Swap.com for a couple of years now. When I first started, they used to be low cost and quick turnaround for returns & credits, but not anymore. The selection now is sometimes limited with few new items listed frequently, and the prices have increased. Getting a credit on returns takes longer so I can't buy items using my credit as quickly. Also free shipping was $50 minimum purchase has now increased to $60. I will continue to use swap because they will take returns for credit, but probably not buy as often. I haven't try to sell items on swap so I cannot comment on that. But from what I've read, it's not worthwhile so I don't plan to do that with some of my nicer clothes that no longer fit. I will either sell on other sites (Ebay or Poshmark) or donate to charity.

Response from Jen P., Swap.com Representative
Hello,

Thank you for your review of your recent shopping experience. As a growing and developing company, we sincerely appreciate your input. Our current return processing time is 2-3 business days, therefore your refund is issued 2-3 days after the shipment is received by Swap.com.

Please, keep a look out for our flash sales (sent to your email) for daily promotions and discounts on our items as well. We would like to thank you for being a loyal Swap.com customer and for your feedback. If you have any further questions, inquiries, or comments, please contact assistance@swap.com.
tammyh81
11/19/17

I used to buy weekly from swap but not anymore!! The prices have gone so high! They offer coupon codes but they never work on anything in my cart. I sent a box in for them to sell and it took about 3 months for them to list them and it's been over 60 days since then and some of my items are still sitting to be priced. That's a total of 5 months and all of my items are still not on. I loved swap at one time but not anymore!! It's a waste of time with so many other places to shop on-line!!

Response from Jen P., Swap.com Representative
Hello Tammy!

Thank you for your review and your feedback. You can use the filtering options on Swap.com to view any items between specific price ranges, along with filtering by brand, size, and other categories. Please, visit the Swap.com webpage for daily promotions and flash sales, as well as check your email for special promotions.

We apologize for the inbound processing delay: we are quickly catching up with our inbound processing time after hiring more team members. If some of your items have not yet been priced, please, email assistance@swap.com and we will price those for you immediately.

crystalc76
11/17/17

I think the prices are fine, the items are okay (though it's really hard to understand from their limited descriptions the sizes or actual colors of the items), but the shipping... it takes FOREVER to get things and even longer if you have to return something. I've ordered twice and each time it's taken well over a week to receive. Returning took 2 weeks from the time I sent to the time I received a store credit to use. It's just not worth it when there are so many other options out there for online thrifting.

Response from Jen P., Swap.com Representative
Hello Crystal,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent shopping experiences. The current shipping times are 7-10 business days, however, we apologize for any shipping delays. The current return processing time is between 2-3 business days in comparison to the promised 5 business days.

We apologize if the shipping times have been unsatisfactory. To alleviate any inconvenience, we can always schedule a FedEx pickup for your return (or inbound) by obtaining the following information:
1.) Address to pick up
2.) Part of home to pick up from
3.) Time and date
4.) Number of packages
5.) Phone number
6.) Any instructions for driver

You can schedule a FedEx pickup by emailing assistance@swap.com. Thank you for shopping with us!
maridethh
11/15/17

Shipping was very fast; took less than a week to arrive. Items were BETTER than described!! The packaging was very nice and my order was complete. I have spread the word to all my co-workers and they love it, too!! I have zero complaints and will be shopping here again very soon!

Response from Jen P., Swap.com Representative
Marideth,

Thank you so much for your positive review of your recent shopping experience! Keep a look out for future promos sent to your email address.

Happy holidays!
leobardop
11/13/17

They are mixing a pretty dangerous $#*!tail, Prices are going high, shipping is too freaking slooooow, I get 3 orders and after 10 days and 2 more to go they still sitting somewhere in FedEx facilities, now my delivery date has been postponed for another 2 more days making a total of 14 days(Seriously) non mention the transfer from FedEx to USPS makes another extra day or 2. I remember when I used to get my orders in 5 business days but I guess those times are over.
Farewell swap!!

Response from Jen P., Swap.com Representative
Hello Leobardo,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with swap.com We sincerely apologize for any shipping delays. We currently promise an estimated delivery date of 7-10 business days. However, we apologize if this delivery time has been exceeded. Please, email assistance@swap.com for any inquiries regarding tracking your shipment, or reporting delayed delivery times.

Happy Holidays!
tiffanys102
11/8/17

I sent in a 20lb box of clothes that was received in July. After they had it for a while, I got an email that they were delayed and would be more like 90 days instead of 60 days to process. After over 100 days waiting with no response, I contacted them and they didn't know where my items were!!!! I ended up finding over 40 of my items under another seller's account!!!!! When I informed them of this, they said they needed to check with the other seller to see if they were their items??? HOW DOES THAT WORK IF THEY DIDN'T NOTIFY YOU WHEN YOU PUT AN EXTRA 40+ ITEMS UNDER THEIR ACCOUNT TO BEGIN WITH? It is now just shy of FOUR MONTHS and they still have not fixed this or reimbursed me. I don't even know what items were rejected and never got a chance to have them returned. THEY ARE CROOKS. STAY FAR AWAY

Response from Jen P., Swap.com Representative
Hello Tiffany,

We sincerely apologize for this experience, however, thank you for bringing this to our attention again. The issue should have been resolved, and we would like to review your correspondence, as well as reimburse you for any missing items.

Could you please email to assistance@swap.com with the subject line, "SiteJabber Response" at your earliest convenience? We would love to get this sorted our for you.

Sincerely,
deenag9
11/3/17

Used to be great, now it's the worst iam taking my stuff back,, never selleing any thing again,
And buying is now bad because the prices are too high, I'd rather buy from eBay

Response from Jen P., Swap.com Representative
Hello Deena,

Thank you for your review of your selling experience. We would love to hear more and to forward your feedback to our developing team. Could you please email to assistance@swap.com with the title "SiteJabber Response".

corinneb10
11/2/17

So just curious if anyone was aware that Swap.com has an eBay store? Just curious how that works with the clothes we send in...

Response from Jen P., Swap.com Representative
Hello Corinne,

Some of our listings are also shown on Ebay to increase the sales. If an item sells on Ebay, you receive the same payout for the item as you would if it sold on Swap.com.

Feel free to message assistance@swap.com with any other questions!

I have only placed one order so far. I ordered 10 blouses. I returned 5, due to size issues. All 10 blouses were nice, but 5 did not fit quite right due to different manufacturer's. You need to get an RMA # for returns. I was promptly refunded my money for the 5 blouses . I would order again in the future. I am not aware of any return quantity restrictions. Hope this helps.

By Eva M.

If you want to sell clothes, all the information is on their website. Basically, they get a percentage and then they pay you thru an existing PayPal account that you set up.

By Dawn W.

I don't think so. I've sold and from my experience it varies. The things that I thought would sell first, haven't sold yet. It varies by what people are looking for at the time. I've bought all different seasons at random times. I buy by what's a great deal. When selling, group like items together. I've noticed multiple things sell first.

By Cassi E.

There's no way for them to go over prices. They have to see the items and determine from going over it, if it's acceptable, once it's accepted, then you have to determine the price you want to sell it for. You could try searching on their site for similar items and see what they are priced at. I did notice when pricing my items that I'd get a little notice with recommended prices, which was very helpful. I didn't have a good experience selling but many others have. Make sure you take pictures of your items, that's very important. I appreciated that their site is set up to allow you to take back your items if you changed your mind about selling them. I'm in the process of getting back my items. Hopefully it works out well and I get all my items back.

By Barb W.

BOLINGBROOK, IL US

By Danisha B.

Hi Mary, I would like to help you with your request. If you you could send me an email I would like to personally review your account and see what I can do for you. I know that we can help you. Best, Matt Manager, Customer Experience matt@swap.com

By Jen P. [Swap.com Rep]

Hi Patricia, We are on about a 55-60 day delay in processing inbound shipments. When your items are processed, you will be notified via email that they are ready to be priced. Have you sent an email to our support team at assistance@swap.com yet? A member of our team can look up your account information and give you a better idea of exact when you can expect to see your items. Thank you, Lauren Swap.com Support Manager

By Jen P. [Swap.com Rep]

I have only had one experience with this site as a buyer. I bought a 1X BB Dakota sheer sheath tunic/dress. I received the dress promptly, but it was very undersized through the chest, bust and hips. On top of that, there were no fabric content or care labels and there were snaps at each shoulder indicating that there should have been an underlining. Swap.com offered me a store credit, but I would have to pay return shipping. I think that sizing and reviews should be provided for each item. Also this same dress was listed different ways on their site - as a tunic and as a dress. It was so plentiful that it would lead me to believe that the dress just doesn't fit true to size. So buyer beware when it comes to sizing.

By Alane D.

Lime Clean? I don't think so. I've heard they don't clean ANYTHING that comes in.

By Shelley B.

I am generally a size 16. This varies from a regular 16 and 16W depending on the label. The good thing w/this site is that you can return the items free of charge. I hope that helps.

By Sonia H.
Questions? Get answers from the Swap.com staff and other customers.

27 Photos for Swap.com