Review of Stockx

support@stockx.com

carlh157
3/19/19

I ordered Nike Adapt BB's for my son thru StockX. As has happened to a
number of people, we were unable to link the shoes to the Nike App.
Since the shoes were not bought directly from Nike, Nike did little to
help solve the situation. StockX gave us a couple of things to try
(same things Nike told us to do like reboot the shoes, etc.).
Ultimately, I told them that they had dropped the ball because they
verified and certified that the shoes were authentic (and working),
which they were not. In fact, they agreed that they dd not test the
shoes to see if there was a software issue. I told them they needed to
fix t or replace the shoes. they refused. They said because my son
clipped the tag off the laces (we still had the tag), it was invalid.
Now that is BS. Don't ever buy from StockX. They don't stand behind
the sale. They don't really authenticate the shoes properly.

fredericd20
3/12/19

Failed to deliver after 30 days.
Customer services were unresponsive and decided to dispute.
They banned me for that (only good thing they did for me in fact) without looking at why I disputed. Customer services were familiar and rude.

sherving
3/12/19

They sold me a pair of new sneakers that stink like cigarette smoke. They refuse to take them back. I complained to my credit card company and StockX banned me from their business. What kind of company inspects a shoe and gives it clearance with such a bad smell. They keep quoting that they do not accept returns. But it is your job to inspect the shoes. I have never seen the shoes so how would i know that they will stink like cigarettes. If you sell anything online you have to accept returns. Thats the whole point in buying online. If a customer can not see an item, or touch it before buying, how will we know if it is damaged?

sarahs730
3/8/19

Absolutely shocked at the appalling 'service' from StockX. They mis-labelled our package and failed to contact me when UPS couldn't deliver. UPS need them to correct the address before they can try to recover the package and deliver but StockX are refusing to do that, or even explain why. My son spent his hard-earned pocket money on a pair of shoes and it looks like they'll just be destroyed at UPS because of StockX's appalling attitude. Can't understand how this company can remain in business. NEVER ORDER FROM THEM!

rajk124
3/6/19

Stockx is selling factory seconds in-house. Factory seconds are shoes that are flawed and not sold directly by the manufacturer. I knew something was fishy when my bid was accepted in less than one minute, and then arrived at stockx in less than 18 hours and was shipped to me that same day. When the shoes arrived the soles were covered with white marks that I was not able to remove even with a damp toothbrush. Now they want me to pay to send them back. After doing some research I found that other people also believe that they are directly selling factory second shoes. I am sure there are some actual sellers that sell legit shoes, but I would exercise caution.

Tip for consumers: Avoid Like The Plague

matthews492
2/26/19

Purchased a pair of golf air Jordan's, site says ship within 2 business days. Here we are going on 3 business days and shipping still pending. Zero respond and Zero customer service. Recommend to stay away and will never be buying from them again.

anthonyb378
2/26/19

Thanks StockX for sending me a pair of sneakers that are damaged.

After waiting a month for a pair of shoes to be sent to your warehouse to be inspected you guys still send me the shoes with significant damage. As soon as I opened the box I noticed a scratch along the outside of the shoe that tarnishes the $450 sneaker immediately. After chatting with their staff for a week they offered me a $40 discount on MY NEXT PURCHASE. Thanks... ?

A $450 pair of shoes that are now worthless and I am offered $40 off my next purchase because I actually want to risk ordering something else from them...

carvleym

Review of StockX

Carvley Stulla Mcdonald

3 minutes ago

My issue with stockx is not a favor 1

My issue with stockx is not a favor 1 recently the SB nike black hornet drop so I place a bid for 350 for the special package I won the bid when I contacted stockx I was told it's not the special package and there is nothing they can do.. mind you I place the bid on the 15th when the shoes drop the special package how can I be offered anything else when the next release would be today 22feb. Shoes wast ship ontill today 22feb and I won 15feb very disappointed in these dishonest monopoly in the sneakers games . Now the same shoes that they sold me for almost 400 I bought today for 109.. the same shoes is now on stockx today 22feb for 161...without apologize this bunch a guys has no respect for customers... . I reach out to them from day 1 and told them that this was what I bid for . I feel so cheated out of my money

EditDelete

cynp1
2/19/19

Their server is absolutely not secure. I just had to cancel all three of my cards (2 credit and 1 debit) because some jerk in California hacked into my account and attempted to make 4 separate MULTI HUNDRED DOLLAR BIDS through Paypal. I haven't used StockX in 3 years yet somehow you can still checkout with my Paypal (through multiple password changes since then) without having to re-login! That's right! I never used StockX to actually make a purchase but because I logged in ONCE with my Paypal when I created the account, a hacker was able to make purchases with my Paypal linked cards/bank 3 YEARS LATER. Thankfully I'm broke af and my bank has great fraud protection so none of the purchases went through, but others probs aren't so lucky! DO NOT USE UNLESS YOU WANT SOMEONE TO HACK AND MAKE PURCHASES WITH YOUR CARD/PAYPAL

luisc168
2/6/19

No customer service at all, they don't take returns or exchanges so that way you need to sell the item you can't return and of course you need to pay fees for that, that way the just make more and more money, they don't even answer the BBB complaints, buyers stay away of this place, just go to goat.

erisc
2/6/19

Horrible customer service organization. Buyer beware!!! I called after my credit card and account was compromised to have an order canceled. They told me they found the purchase legit because they saw it on the system. They sent me a screenshot of a one line summary, my name , purchase, cost , date and time, account . LOL, what does that prove?? I canceled my credit card two minutes after that time and date they have posted( they didn't check that), I have had an account for over 12 months, no shoe or article purchase ever ( didn't check that or other purchase behavior), My current legal address doesn't match the one they show it shipping to ( didn't check that), what a laughable operation. No one should buy here. If you are reading this, close your account)

josephk231
1/30/19

Stock X is terrible they denied all my shoes and there brand new!! I never wore them before. And then they charge me a huge fee. Ridiculous! Don't sell your shoes through this terrible site.

jonnd1
1/16/19

They suspended my account because I didn't understand how the bid/ buy option works and took a frozen my selling,I guess they don't want my business

brianf258
1/11/19

Make sure that you read their return policy, which pretty much mean you are on your own. No returns or exchanges. This also applies to damaged merchandise, or merchandise that is damaged just enough to still meet their standards. My 12yr old son saved for a long time to be able to buy a tshirt for $100, and for it to arrive with a defect, made him very upset as he didnt want his friends to think it was fake. I gave them a chance to exchange, or at the very least credit the purchase, but nothing. All they offered was a discount off a future purchase. No thank you, I learned an expensive lesson, and my son did as well unfortunately. Do yourself a favor and stay away from this company. Shady practices and ownership doesn't stand behind the products.

ricardor65
1/9/19

Just a thank you note to the Stockx team for sending my shippment out quickly thanks for keeping your standards high!!! You have made my upcoming weekend a better weekend
Thanks again Guys !!!

royg76
1/4/19

I bought a pair of Kith New Balance 990v4 8.5 for my son. Amazingly, they claim they were authenticated and were perfect, but they arrived in a New Balance Box clearly marked "SECOND". Not only were they seconds but they were not the Kith Collaboration. When I emailed customer service, I was told that the box that they came in was damaged so they sent me the box with the word "SECOND" stamped on it. I was never notified that the box was damaged as my son resells his shoes. Their final response was take it or leave it $20 coupon code for a future purchase. I'm actually going to take this one to Small Claims Court just to prove a point. They could have easily remedied this situation by refunding my money but they don't really care. I don't understand how you can say shoes are authentic when they are in box marked "SECOND". How is it that they were lucky enough to find a box marked New Balance 990 v4 size 8.5 with "SECOND" marked on it as a substitute box for the supposedly damaged box. What a coincidence. Absolutely ridiculous.

barring
12/31/18

I was quoted 13 days for my shoes. Didnt get them. After waiting several days for customer service to finally send me an email they basically told me to keep waiting. If I'd known it would take longer than they quoted I simply wouldn't have made the purchase. Then they told me they couldn't give me a refund but as soon as I opened a claim with PayPal about 10 mins later I got an email saying they can refund my money but they are flagging and suspending my account because they "don't want any more disputes from me." If they were just honest I wouldn't have to make a dispute to get my money back because I simply wouldn't have bought the shoes. This was a whole waste of my time to be back in the same place looking for these shoes.

kaig14
12/28/18

I have a bad experience selling on stockx, the verification department is bull$#*!. My clothes are new and they said there is a sign of used. And you didnot return me the accessories in my sending-out packages. what is their basis. The employee must be taking the benefit of me.. I am really angry. Do not sale on stockx!.

markb1095
12/28/18

I've made 8 purchases with StockX so far, the 9th purchase was from the
Palace Ralph Lauren Collab - The Polo Bear Sweater. For about 2 weeks,
the item showed as "En Route to StockX for authentication" so I emailed
them to try to see what the status of the parcel was, they emailed me a
standard response they probably give to everyone else saying: "Your
item is in route to StockX. Typically, StockX authentication takes 1
business day. However, this time can vary based on how many packages
come in for authentication. We are working around the clock to process
all incoming orders. You will receive email notifications once your item
gets further processed. You'll also receive updates under the Buying
page of your account. We appreciate your patience. Please let us know if
there is anything else we can assist you with. Thanks, Joey"I wasn't satisfied with that response so I emailed again asking for status update and I receive: "Estimated
delivery to you is 6-10 business days from your order date, and our
goal is always to get them to you sooner. You can monitor the status of
your purchase under stockx.c/buying. " So I wait another week
and I know this is odd because none of my orders took this long for them
to receive so I email them asking where the parcel is originating from
and instead of them providing more information, they instantly initiate a
refund saying: "We're very sorry that we won't be able to
fulfill this order, as an issue has occurred with the seller of the item
you purchased." I asked why they decided to immediately refund
me? aren't they supposed to find me a replacement at no additional cost?
the sweater was purchased for $750, the next size large is up for sale
at $1000! All you can do is email them and hope they will reply, there
is no phone number, no live chat, just an email to trust your hard
earned dollars to. This service is for people that know nothing about
determining whether or not their streetwear is authentic, and they
either don't know how or are too lazy to legit check their items
themselves. The prices are outrageous in comparison to what people are
reselling for on their own but they accept payment plans through Affirm.
Customer service is non-existent unless you just want some
condescending corporate rhetoric spewed at you via email. But it's okay
because Eminem and Wale do their ads for them. They offered me $50 off
my next purchase which I grudgingly accepted but I'm still upset with
how they handled my order. I honestly feel that someone from StockX
stole the package because they refuse to provide a tracking number or
any information about the last UPS scan in order to "protect the
seller's privacy". How StockX ruined Christmas.

liza74
12/16/18

Literally the WORST buying experience I have ever had, and so I vowed to leave detrimental reviews on every review site I could find. This place is a SCAM!!!!!! I ordered a pair of Yeezy's for $343.95 and was GUARANTEED they were authentic. They came and anyone could've seen they were fake. I reached out to Stock X explaining the situation and they answered pretty quickly, asking for pictures of proof. I provided AMPLE evidence that they were knock off and suddenly Stock X stopped answering me. It wasn't until I told them I opened a dispute through PayPal (how I paid for them) that they responded, saying they would permanently suspend my account and that they don't "do" returns. Even after I saw they commented on someone else's review saying they would always take back fake merch. And then, they SUGGESTED I RESELL THEM ON THEIR WEBSITE!!! They knew they were fake!!! They are fully aware that there are knock-offs being sold on their site and don't care. I've reported them to the BBB and will not stop until I get my refund. Absolute SCAM.

Tip for consumers: DONT.

aaronr103
11/30/18

I guess this is how they make money. Big money. U sell an expensive sneaker on their app then theyll say it doesnt match with their retail version. Bam 15% in their pocket! No explanation and you dnt know where the money actually goes. Buyer doesnt get compensated also. Avoid the scam of this company! Read other reviews.

johnd2127
11/23/18

I made a video on this topic, if anyone would like to see the process from the buying side of making a purchase on Stock X.

md199
11/18/18

I bid on a pair of shoes and they charged me twice. I contacted customer service and it is a joke. After getting a very vague response I contacted them again. All they will tell me is that I can resell the "extra" pair with them. NOT!! I am cancelling my account with them asap. This "company" is a scam.

andrewc459
11/18/18

I just received my first pair of ultra boost and I got them using stockx. The experience was actually very enjoyable, from having my bid of $90 us dollars being accepted to the constant updates from stockx to finally receiving my shoes a week earlier then they estimated. I would have given five star's but shipping at $30 , not showing pricing in Canadian dollars they get 4 star. Thanks stockx.

paoloc25
11/7/18

I was not happy with the shoes I received, since to me they did not meet standards for authenticity, plus they came with a small stain. I sent photos to them (one of which is attached below) and although I'm a repeat customer, I was refused both return for refund or website credit.
They just told me I could resell on their website and basically scam someone else.
Worst customer service ever and chances of fake products although they claim to have experts looking at authenticity.

Scam, they only want your'e money. Don't trust them. They let you believe that everything is nice on stockx. Then they charge you money for nothing. When you make an accoutn you agree with all the rules for taking your'e money

By Peter C.

read the reviews

By nicole p.
Questions? Get answers from the Stockx staff and other customers.

5 Photos for Stockx