Review of HoverKicks

Tel: 212-244-0240
customerservice@hoverkicks.com

adrias5
4/24/18

I received the shoes on April 3rd, and they seemed to work fine. I was away traveling for some time and when I got back the shoes weren't working. I tried to charge them and only one shoe charged. I emailed the company to let them know they weren't working on the 17th. (Still technically within 14 days). The next day they told me I had to submit a return request online with photos (they didn't not tell me at this point that I'd missed their 14 day window for accepting returns.) I ordered a different pair because we needed them for my daughter's party. Then after I had jumped through all their hoops submitting for the return, they denied it by saying it was not within the 14 day return submission period. When I further explained that the shoes were defective and never worn, they still denied the return. Honestly, I so sincerely regret buying that second pair of shoes. Worst customer service EVER!

heatherj54
3/12/18

HoverKicks I bought a pair as a christmas gift. My daughter wore them 4 times before they started to not charge properly. CS sent out a new battery... still would not charge. So I now have one shoe that works and one that doesnt. Company will not return, replace or refund because i exceeded their 14 DAY return policy. They were not even worn within the 14 days since I bought them. Ridiculous. I am not a negative person at all and tried several times to reach some kind of amicable conclusion but I hope others read these and this company folds!

wesleym50
1/22/18

I direct a high school choir and the boys did a fundraiser to pay for their shoes. We contacted this company early November to check to see if they had 30 pair of Silver shoes in stock and to confirm that they had all the needed sizes. They assured me they did. So I immediately placed the order for all 30 pair of shoes. They started coming in one pair one day, a couple pair the next, and so on. Right before Christmas Break I sent several emails telling them what shoes I was still missing. Heard nothing. Then over Christmas Break they sent me an email telling me they were out of Silver Shoes so what was my second choice. I explained to them that they promised had all sizes in stock. Generic reply. Then saying they are out of Silver please make a second choice. After telling me they would not give me a refund I chose White. 3 very disappointed students. However, we were still missing 5 size 13 shoes. They would never confirm they sent them, but kept replying with my messages. Your orders have been filled and completed. That was it. Never once were they willing to help us out on the missing 5 pair. I will never do business with them again, and I will recommend that no one else do business with them. Most unprofessional, unfriendly, non cooperative company I have ever worked with. They are truly SCAM ARTISTS who are willing to rip off a bunch of high school kids who worked so hard to raise money to purchase these shoes only to be turned away. Good part of the story, I found a different company who sold they same shoes and ordered the sizes of the missing shoes and replacement shoes (for the white ones) and they were sent to me in time for our first contest. Unfortunately, it was out of my own pocket (teachers salary) but I had to do it for the kids. Stay away from HOVERKICKS!!!!

racheln48
1/16/18

My review is identical to the woman's review beneath me (Belkys H.). I think this is actually my first online review, haha! Horrible customer service, you would think that during the holidays they would extend their 14 day return policy, BECAUSE PEOPLE BUY GIFTS 14 DAYS BEFORE CHRISTMAS ALL THE TIME. I was so excited to buy a pair of these shoes for my nephew. I checked out online, excited because there was a note from Hoverkicks saying "if you purchase by this date, you'll receive your purchase BEFORE Christmas"! So I purchased. My order ended up coming AFTER Christmas. I was upset, but nothing could be done. I then had to wait till January before I could even give the shoes to my nephew, because of scheduling. I gave him the shoes, HE WAS SO HAPPY, but they've been hurting his feet which means they are too small. I contacted Hoverkicks assuming it'd be an easy exchange (you have to take very detailed photos of all parts of the shoes before they will consider a return), I did that (the shoes had never been worn for an extended period of time), I requested a return, and THEY DENIED IT saying "unfortunately the 14 day return/exchange policy has been exceeded, we apologize that we cannot extend our window, however we must follow company policy". All that to say. NOT WORTH IT. It also looks like from the reviews below that they charge $10 in shipping to return anyways. I'm so sad! :(

belkysh
1/16/18

What horrible customer service!!!! I ordered these for my son for Christmas who was very excited about them. They worked just fine but were too small. Now I ordered them in the beginning of December but since they were a Christmas git he obviously didn't get them until December 25th. I tried to exchange them for a bigger size and they told me it was outside of their 14 day return policy!! They are brand new still in the box never even worn and I'm not even trying to return them I just want to exchange them. So there goes over $30 in the trash and a pair of shoes my son can only look at!!! I wish I had read the reviews before ordering anything!!!

lindab438
1/10/18

Gave the LED Hoverkicks Sneakers as a gift for Christmas 2017 and the LED lighting didn't work from the very beginning on the Left Sneaker and the Remote Control didn't work either. Sneakers were never worn.

Customer Service did respond quickly and walked me through the setup and they still didn't work. They issued me an exchange. However, I had to pay $10 shipping fee to return the "not working pair of Hoverkicks" back to them. The company refused to pay for the return shipping even though the merchandise was not received in working order. This policy is poor Customer Service and needs to be re-evaluated.

What's even more disappointing than receiving the first pair of damaged Hoverkicks, was that the second pair was also not working. We are having the same problem with the Left Sneaker's LED lighting as well as the Remote Control.

Directions are poorly copied on a piece of paper and very vague.

I was very lucky the first time to get Customer Service Rep on the phone who was extremely helpful and walked me through setting up the LED Sneaker, but they still didn't work. I called Customer Service several times today regarding the second pair and received a recorded message instructing you to email Customer Service, which I did to inform them that the second pair of sneakers are not working properly.

Not sure how they are going to handle this mess, but I don't recommend ordering from them.......definitely not worth the frustration or disappointment on the kids face when they don't work. Wish I had checked out the reviews before I purchased them. :(

heatherm216
1/4/18

Ordered for a Christmas gift on November 28. Finally got them delivered a few days before Christmas. My son opened them and wore them for a bit they quick working within a hour or two. Company will not replace or refund! They did send one battery to see if that would fix the problems. One battery for two shoes. And the battery is not the problem. Huge rip off. Hope they go bankrupt in 2018 so they will have to stop ripping people off. I would have given 0 stars if that was a possibility.

Tip for consumers: Delivery is a joke, takes forever then they send you junk. I have contacted service many times with no fix or replacement. They do not return. They do not even honor their return policy. The quality is terrible as they do not even work and the feel of the shoe is like a water shoe!

laurenm126
1/3/18

If I could rate a 0, I would. I ordered 3 pairs of shoes on December 7, 2017 in hopes to get them by Christmas. I received two pairs a little over a week later. After waiting for my last pair, I called on Thursday, 12/21/17 to find out how much longer it would take for my shoes to get here. They told me my shoe was out of stock and asked me to pick a different shoe. I chose a different shoe. They reassured me that they would get it to me by Saturday, 12/23/17. To make a long story short, they came a day after Christmas. They were dirty and appeared to be used. The other pair did NOT work. They want me to PAY for shipping for an EXCHANGE on shoes that DO NOT light up. The only way I can get my money back is to PAY to ship the shoes back. They have the WORST customer service. They are not empathetic at all. Although I was not notified that my shoes were out of stock, AND THEY CAME AFTER THE DATE PROMISED, Vincent (customer service manager) says there will be no money given back because I got the shoes at the end of the day although they were LATE, and NOT the shoes I wanted, and DIRTY, and DID NOT WORK. WILL NEVER BUY AGAIN. I FEEL SCAMMED SO BUYERS BEWARE!!! Here is my video review:

Tip for consumers: If you MUST purchase Hoverkicks, try Amazon.com and don't buy from them directly.

brandont19
12/18/17

I bought shoes from them and thought well maybe I should charge these up before Christmas. Good thing I did one shoe was faulty. I started the exchange process three+ weeks before Christmas and seriously doubt I will get them in time, even if I do what's the chances that they will work? Every email I had with them took three days before they would respond (me sending customer service an email telling them the shoe was faulty, them sending me directions on how to check connections in shoe, me telling them connection not an issue, them telling me to fill out the official exchange form, them telling me the shoe has been approved (no crap just bought the shoes)). One week later they sent me a pre-paid ups label, which by the time they sent me that the shoes were already delivered to their facility. Stay away at all costs. Honestly, I'm never the person that fills these bad reviews out.

janicer24
12/17/17

THEY ARE MAJOR RIP OFFS. THEY DON'T TELL YOU THEIR SHOE SIZES ARE EUROPEAN. GOOD LUCK ON GETTING THEM TO LET YOU RETURN FOR A BIGGER SIZE. THEY ASK FOR EVERYTHING BUT A BLOOD SAMPLE. NEVER AGAIN.

dennisd73
12/17/17

Bought a pair for my wife for Christmas last year. On Christmas day they failed to work.
I tried to call and e-mail for days on end but because my order was outside their return window I never got any response from them.
They are a scam!!!

davidh586
10/16/17

DO NOT BUY THESE SHOES!!! YOU WILL REGRET IT IF YOU DO!!!!!!!!
The LED's on the first pair stopped working after 4 days. Instead of waiting 3 weeks for a replacement, I worked with customer service and decided to purchase a replacement, and would send back the original pair for a refund once i got the replacement. I received the new pair and filled out the RMA form as instructed. I received an email back saying that i could only get a replacement. In the mean time, the second pair's LED's stopped working after 3 days. I Filled out another RMA form only to be denied a return. They said the shoes where worn and could not be returned. The shoes where worn however the reason for the return is a warrenty issue not a size problem. This company sells junk that they know will break. I have had to dispute both charges with my credit card company. The final outcome is that i got both charges reversed and hover kicks looses a customer that is now going to place this review everywhere

joes718
10/9/17

Recieved defective product - told if I want refund I have to pay shipping back. WisH i SAW THIS SITE FIRST!!

SAVE YOUR MONEY AND DONT BUY FRO HERE!

justinz7
9/28/17

They send me a 9.5 when I ordered a 12 and then told me I have to pay to send them back for the right size. I wish I could attach the pictures of the shoes with the size and what I ordered along with the reply.

barclays1
9/28/17

I ordered two pairs of hoverkicks and the green LED lights on the front of both pairs stopped working within a couple days. At first I thought it was intended because it happened on both pairs around the same time but really it's just not built to handle very much activity. I didn't bother trying to get them replaced through warranty since they'd been worn.

stacyf29
9/18/17

I just had a terrible experience with Hoverkicks and want to share my story so others know to steer clear of this company. Our order took 2 weeks instead of 2 days, fit smaller than expected, couldn't be exchanged due to not having the replacement, and then I was told I couldn't get a refund. First they said it was due to being over the number of days on their return policy. When I called and pointed out that I was within the time period, they told me they inspected the shoes and they had been worn. This was blatantly not true. This is not an honest company. Because I was so done with this company, I ordered similar shoes from Amazon that are not the Hoverkick brand, which arrived in two days with no issues. So the shoes they are forcing me to order (since they won't allow me a refund) I'm donating to Boys & Girls Clubs so at least something positive comes out of this awful customer service experience. FYI it has been 6 weeks since my original order.

elizabethm230
Elizabeth M.
9/18/17

I bought some light-up sneakers for my daughter and they broke the second time she put them on. I started a claim and didn't know that their policy was to accept exchanges only within 30 days, and they didn't tell me this. When I finished the claim, the 30 days was up and I was told, too bad for you! My daughter was crushed and she did nothing wrong. I'm reporting this company to the BBB and everywhere else I can find.

tanyam36
9/7/17

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. First, they direct-ship from Hong Kong. They don't tell you this, and they advertise "free 2 day shipping...". I don't know how that works since my order just sat in Customs for 3 days without moving, so it took a week to receive them. When the box came in, only 1 pair was inside. I bought 2 pair because I have twins. It appeared to have been opened on the bottom (the tape on the top of the box was undisturbed, but the tape on the bottom of the box had been cut open and one strip of tape had been put across the bottom to hold the flaps together (guessing in Customs a pair was stolen out of the box). I was told by UPS that the shipper in Hong Kong had all of the boxes shrink-rapped to a pallet, and they had to clear each box before they could release any of them. My box had a label on the outside that told what was in the box (2 pair of shoes), the color of the shoes, and the sizes of the shoes. This would make it extremely ease for a thief to know which box to open to get what they want. Hoverkicks did minimal to help rectify the situation, and there was NO WAY they were going to take any responsibility for the issue. I let them know I would have NEVER bought these shoes if I had known up front that they direct ship from another country. I ordered the shoes on 8/18/17, which means we should have had the shoes by 8/22 at the latest, allowing 2 extra days for the weekend. I just got my money back YESTERDAY (9/6/17) to be able to buy similar shoes from an actual reputable company. Meanwhile, one daughter has her shoes but is waiting to wear them until her sister gets hers, and the other daughter is asking me every day "did my shoes come in today"? This company cares NOTHING about their customers, and I will be surprised if they are in business much longer. I see these reviews of folks complaining about the shoes no longer working. AT LEAST YOU GOT THE SHOES! I wasn't even that fortunate.

riont
9/2/17

I bought new shoes for my handicapped daughter and the shoes worked at first, she wore them around the house the day of her birthday. However, she brought it to my attention 2 months later that one only worked half way and that is why she does not want to wear them. I asked her why she didn't tell me and she said I forgot. So I naturally thought they would help me since the shoes were new, however, the email I received in return was sorry you are outside of our warranty period with a link to their website to review the warranty. In my mind I am thinking I don't care about the warranty period, retail stores go outside their time period when warranted and I wrote a longer response and appealed to their better judgement. No reply. Finally I sent another email after reviewing all of these complaints on this website and again no response. I am very disappointed in their quality and service, look on Amazon for competing brands with lower prices, and let's face it, quality and service cannot be any worse!

cherylf45
8/28/17

THIS COMPANY IS AWEFUL!!!! I would give zero stars if I could!!! The company has TERRIBLE customer service. We ordered these shoes and within 11 days of wearing them only 4-5 times total, the LED lights on the inside of the shoe stopped working. I called customer service on Monday, which was day 13 and told them. They told me I needed to send an email with pics. I sent the email on day 15 and now they say they won't take them back because....#1 they were worn and #2, it was outside the 14 day period. This is preposterous!! THE SHOE IS DEFECTIVE and they don't stand behind their product. They told me even if it was within the 14 day period (because I said I called in that timeframe) they wouldn't take them back because they were worn!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!!! DON'T BUY THEM...THIS COMPANY STINKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

amandaf76
8/27/17
• Updated review

After two whole weeks of trying to get in touch with a human being about my shoes - my husband finally reached someone. Because our shoes were outside of the return period, they'd do us a favor and allow us to exchange them. The catch? We had to pay the $30 to return the 2nd defective pair. I kindly told them to take their favor and shove it. Also - after this incident, I posted a full review on their actual website. Because it was negative - it was never approved so please let everyone know that the reviews on their site are biased cherry-picked reviews. Worst company I have ever dealt with in my life.

“4 different pairs of shoes - none work.”
7/6/17
• Previous review

Bought two pairs of hoverkicks for me and my husband to take on our vacation to Las Vegas. Received the first two pairs. Both stopped working within hours of putting them on. So I went through the whole exchange process and sent the non-working shoes back. Received our new ones the day before we had to leave so we packed them up and headed to Vegas. Put them on the first full day there - and just like the first pair both start messing up within an hour. Am still trying to get a refund but it's not looking like it's going to happen. Buy at your own risk!

thomasd116
8/24/17

Bought a pair of Men's Metallic for my grandson and within a week the sole separated from the shoe. Tried to return but had to be done within 14days. Cheaply made shoes, poor quality. Save your money, rip off!

amandaj105
8/14/17

Don't buy these shoes. Bought a pair in the beginning of July for my daughter for school in late August. School starts in 1 week and due to production issues they can't guarantee they will be here. Due to them being a sale item they have a no return policy. Dude my shoes haven't even shipped. I want my $ back. Had to file a dispute with my bank to get my $ back

minearzianak
8/11/17

I will never order from this website again..the shoes came a week later than expected , there was no email or text message to confirm my order and everything I ordered came at different times, days apart, but it was all one order. The customer service was horrible and they sounded just as confused as me when I called. When my shoes came for my little brother the remote worked when it wanted and was such poor quality.. I had to pull the charger piece out of the shoe with tweezers.. this was one of the worst birthday gifts to get both my brothers and a total waste of money .. never again..

samanthab94
7/21/17

I ordered my son's shoes on June 26th (Monday) only choice for "shipping" was 2 days at 9.99 so of course that's what I did. Didn't receive the shoes until July 6th, 9 days!!!!! Then when they came in, we tried them on and they were the wrong size I immediately called and emailed customer service about exchanging them. Also complained about the false advertisement of two days shipping being charged for it and having to wait 9days. I was assured some adjustment would be made possibly a credit or refund but conveniently the manager wasn't in so I would have to await a call back!
There was a 4 day turnaround period for someone to respond/approve my email with pictures of the shoes and request for exchange and send me the return address label. I returned them in the 11th, never got an email stating that they receive them back nothing!
Today another 10 days later,i got an email that my shoes has shipped and would arrive by Monday!!

They are taking 10.00 and not holding up their end of the 2day shipping! It's not like this is being handmade they are shoes being pulled off of a shelf!!!
Complete and udder bullcrap!

When I called today to confirm the shoes us shipped and inquired about the 2day shipping and my previous phone call again conveniently there was no notes or anything in the system about that conversation even though j had the ladys name and date and time of our call!!!

Poor customer service

I think they're great! I love the pair I have and get compliments whenever I wear them. Since I bought them, there's even more styles to choose from.

By Jill H.

Sad to say, I've had the same problem. I've had my shoes for a week now and at the end of the week most of the colors wont appear when I press the button inside the shoe. But when it does work, it only flashes one color, then dies out. I think the problem is that the lights shorted out. Meaning the shoes are cheap and HoverKicks is a scam.

By iu i.

Don't believe that they ship in 2 days. I got my shoes in 4 weeks and the remote doesn't even work AND 1 week from having them and none of the lights work.

By iu i.

They run a little small so order a size up.

By Jill H.

I also attempted to order my daughter a pair last friday, they said my address was not correct when we tried to Submit the order. My card was charged 3 times for $69 each. Monday 2 of the charges were released back to my card. I also got several emails saying that the items were still in my cart and that I need to complete my order. At this point I do not want the shoes and I have attempted to reach customer service to get the 3rd charge released back to my card since we never submitted the order, they will not answer the phone. I have gotten really frustrated with these people.

By chantrice w.

I placed my order seven days ago before making my order I was told that it will only take 2 days to ship and 2 days to process however I have yet to receive my order. ON THE WEBSITE IT CLEARLY STATES THAT IT ONLY TAKES A TOTAL OF 4 DAYS TO RECEIVE MY ORDER WHICH OBVIOUSLY IS A LIE.ON THE WEBSITE IT SAYS LOCATION IS LISTED IN NEW YORK WHICH IS A LIE. THEY ARE LOCATED IN CHINA.HAD I HAD KNOWN THE CORRECT LOCATION OF THE COMPANY I WOULD HAVE NEVER ORDER BECAUSE WHEN YOU ORDER FROM CHINA THEY ALWAYS SEND CRAPP AND MOST PEOPLE DOES NOTHING BECAUSE IT COST SO MUCH TO SHIP THE PRODUCT BACK TO CHINA.I'M SURE IT WILL TAKE AT LEAST A MONTH B4 MY ORDER IS DELIVERED TO ME BECAUSE THAT'S HOW CHINA BUSINESSES WORK.I'M UPSET BECAUSE YOUR COMPANY SHOULD HAVE TOLD ME THE TRUTH ABOUT THE DELIVERY DATE,AND THEN I WOULD HAVE HAD THE OPTION TO WAIT A MONTH FOR SHOES OR GO TO THE STORE AND GET SOMETHING ELSE.EVERY TIME I SPEAK WITH A REPRESENTATIVE THEY FEED ME MORE LIES ABOUT THE DELIVERY DATE.

By Wanda B.

Questions? Get answers from the HoverKicks staff and other customers.

5 Photos for HoverKicks