Roomgo

Roomgo has a consumer rating of 1.24 stars from 83 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Roomgo also ranks 10th among Roommate sites. The most common issues with Roomgo are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

This company responds to reviews, but usually not within the first month

No positive highlights yet

• They taking cash for premium memberships and there is no benefit to this paying.
How would you rate Roomgo?

“I think easyroomate.com is a scam with a capital S”

Trent R.
1/1/19

I noticed that I only got replies to my ad once my membership expired and I could only see who enquired about my room for rent if I paid my subscription again. I can see they send that lots of people are suitable fits for what I'm looking for but not 1 reply when subscribing. I think this site and service is a SCAM WITH A CAPITAL S. I get all the success for successful tenants of Gumtree. And it's for free.

“Total scamers”

Egle I.
9/6/20

Liers. Wanting you to upgrade, pay money and then Sending You long time nonexistant place contacts. Do not use their services.

premium membership (13)
eglei
September 6th, 2020
Roomgo -. – Roomgo Rep
Thank you for your review, Egle.

We work very hard to make your experience on our website enjoyable and we are terribly sorry to hear that we have not been able to meet your expectations. Please accept our deepest apologies for the inconvenience.

Indeed, we do offer a paid membership for members who want to speed up their search process and have unlimited contact with all their matching members. However, this feature is 100% optional and definitely not mandatory.

Everyone is more than welcome to use our website without paying for a premium membership. It is free to create an account, search for roommates, post an ad, and contact Premium Members.

We would be more than happy to assist you further and see how we can help you make the most of our website, Egle. Please feel free to contact us on team@roomgo.co.uk and our team would be happy to help.

Kind regards,
jayl317
January 28th, 2020
Teases you worse than a woman on her reds.
Room go allows you to post a room but you cannot contact anyone without "upgrading to premium" for £17.99 a month and on top of that they don't guarantee you anything. I have been using GUMTREE instead (FOR FREE) and it has worked wonders. I bet they reply with some nonesence and say they are sorry (they're not) and happy to help but they aren't going to help at all... unless you go premium lol.
If out of 10 people someone helps 2 but but scams 8 are they a scammer? The answer is yes Roomgo to many bad reviews to deny it.
Roomgo -. – Roomgo Rep
Thank you for taking the time to share your review, Jay.

Roomgo has been helping its users to find tenants and accommodation since 1999. Our service has created over 5 million room rentals worldwide and we pride ourselves in maintaining the highest quality standards for our customers.

We do have some bad reviews, as any other website, but we work extremely hard to make up for any inconvenience caused and ensure that all our members are completely satisfied.

Jay, I would like to inform you that basic members are actually able to contact Basic and Premium members.
Indeed, we have a free option for our basic users who wish to contact another basic member without upgrading their account. This is the ‘interest messages” option and it allows basic members to send automated messages to other basic members to show their interest in their ads.

Besides, basic members can communicate with Premium Members by exchanging messages and contact information.
Further, kindly note that our Customer Service Team offers the best help possible to all our members regardless of their membership status. We treat all our members equally and our Premium members do not receive any preferential treatment whatsoever.

Jay, we would like to improve your experience on our website. Please contact us on team@roomgo.co.uk and our team would be more than happy to assist you.

We hope to hear from you soon.

daniela199
May 13th, 2018
Disappointed at what this site has become. I had been using it on and off since 2005. I don't think the site is a fraud in itself, but there's getting to be too many scammers who try and trick people into sending rent money for rooms for rent "sight unseen". The story usually appears believable: someone had moved to Dallas for work, and they key is with them still... I got few responses from people where I was truly interested in the place, and lots of people coming to me who were frauds. Waste of $24.95 I should have known better.
Roomgo -. – Roomgo Rep
Thank you for your feedback Daniel, We are extremely sorry to hear about this and even more sorry to disappoint a customer.

Unfortunately, as any online rental site, there is always a risk of running into a suspicious character who may be trying to target you as the victim of a scam. To fight against this we have a dedicated team of moderators, we preview, review and check new and old advertisements; However, we do not scan or vet any of the members who are using our service, thus, a malicious user with a carefully created profile could gain a temporary access to the site, but rest assured, their ad is tracked down and removed by our control team when reviewing the ads again.

We'd like to learn more about your situation and we want to make things right. So, please give us a call at +44 203 695 8756 from 8.30 am to 6.30 pm UK time or email us at Victoria@easyroommate.com and we will get back to you promptly. We look forward to hearing from you.
markc814
July 11th, 2019
I'm unable to reply to an Interest message received, it says i have to upgrade to premium account. The only thing i could do was send an interest back to the person.
I should be able to reply via CONTACT person but it says it locked.
I'm using a smartphone.
Roomgo -. – Roomgo Rep
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback Mark!

I am so sorry to hear that you’ve been unable to get back to one of your matches who’ve expressed interest in your ad, apologies for any inconvenience that this might have caused you.

Please note that to contact an advertiser you can either send an interest message (automated message expressing interest in a particular ad) or send a personalised message. As a Basic Member yourself you can only contact and be contacted by the Premium Members (they appear in your search page in blue), they are free to contact and you can just go ahead and send them messages to make further inquiries.

However, communication between you and other Basic members is somewhat restricted on the site, you can only send interest messages to each other indeed, you cannot carry the conversation any further unless one of you upgrades to a Premium Member. Unfortunately, this is how the contacting system on our platform is designed and functions.

Thus, the Premium Membership would in turn grant you unlimited contact to all the users on the website without any restrictions at all Mark.

I hope I was able to clarify our contact options better for you and wishing you all the best of luck in your search!
trentr8
January 1st, 2019
Roomgo -. – Roomgo Rep
Thank you for reaching out and providing your feedback, I am really sorry you feel this way towards our website!

Firstly I'd like to apologize for any inconvenience that might have been caused when advertising with us if you kindly allow me to clarify how our website functions for you.

Let me re-assure you that EasyRoommate is not a scam but a genuine classified site that has been operating in the flat-sharing business for over 16 years and present in more than 26 countries around the world, making us the biggest house sharing community in the world.

We do not have any control over the number of your matches as this depends entirely on your ad and search filters. We also do not have control over the timing when your matches respond to you. I am sorry to hear that they did once your Premium Membership had expired though.

Please bear in mind that even if you are a Basic Member you can still view the messages that your matches had sent you and view their ads, as this is completely for free. The upgrade to Premium is merely a contact method that grants the user unlimited contact to all the users on the website.

As for the response rate, it is worth mentioning that this has been quite low recently due to the Holidays season. You might have to wait to hear back from your matches as not all users access their accounts every day. However, we do send notifications by email whenever you send a user a message to alert them accordingly.

We would gladly assist you further in your search if you get in touch with our Customer Services Team on frank@easyroommate.com or else by calling us on +44 203 695 8756 from 8.30 am to 6.30 pm UK time.

Wishing you all the best of luck in your search and future!
frankm959
May 29th, 2020
I HAVE NOT HAD ONE SINGLE PERSON REPLYING TO ME REGARDING MY ROOM RENTALS... EASYROOMATE WAS BETTER
Roomgo -. – Roomgo Rep
Thank you for your feedback, Frank.

We are sorry to hear that no one has replied to your messages.

First, I would like to clarify that we have only changed our name from EasyRoommate to Roomgo. Our services, management, and integrity all remain exactly the same.

Frank, we totally understand how frustrating it must be to not receive any replies from other users. Unfortunately, sometimes it can take some time to get replies because some members do not log in on a daily basis or do not respond to messages they are not interested in.

However, be assured that we try everything to contact these members and inform them of the receipt of your message. Indeed, we send them multiple emails requesting them to reply to you. Moreover, we deactivate their accounts if they have been inactive for longer than 14 days.

Further, please note that the rental market has taken a hit since the start of the Coronavirus pandemic. Potential tenants and especially international students are now very hesitant to move out. As a result, rental demands have witnessed a remarkable drop in recent months.

Please feel free to contact us on team@roomgo.co.uk and we would be more than happy to help you and provide you with some useful tips that will help improve your experience on the website.

The Roomgo CS Team.
grahams31
June 30th, 2017
I have used Easyroommate to advertise my student houses for the last 4 years and initially it was very good but last year prices increased by a factor of 3 and the number of potential tenants responding to the ads has decreased.
This last year their management of my ads has been terrible. I recently removed a copy of a floor plan from one property and got an email back telling me my changes "had not made the grade". So deleting an out of date floor plan is not acceptable to them? They also deleted an existing floor plan from the same ad.
After not receiving a reply to my email I had to telephone them and was told it was an error and would not happen again.
Guess what happened yesterday when another change was made with another floor plan. Yes - they did the same again and again had to telephone. When asked to speak to whoever was in charge was informed they do not take incoming calls but would ring me back.
Now 7-00 pm (9.5 hours later and still no callback)
Consider carefully if using to advertise your property with increasing costs, dwindling responses to adverts and poor account management who don't want to discuss issues.
Hi Graham,

We would like to extend to you our most sincere apologies regarding the issue with the pictures on your ad.

We can understand how frustrating and inconvenient this whole situation has been for you. The mistake was due to human error, it was an oversight from the moderator that should have never happened. I can promise you that I've taken all the necessary measures to ensure that this won't happen again. It's important to us that we regain your trust and that you're able to rely on us as you have in the past.

Regarding the increase in the Premium Membership fees, Easyroommate has been working hard through the years to deliver high-quality service at the lowest possible prices. Although we continually make an effort to give you top service at low prices, we offer a service which means that employees are here to moderate the ads, maintain the site, develop new features and answer customer's questions by email. All of that has a cost and that has left us with no alternative but to increase our Premium Membership prices.

The Membership is optional and it allows you to gain access to contact all the users on the site, all of our customers control and manage their accounts independently that's why we do not guarantee that you will hear back from all users. When you do not hear back from someone it could mean that your recipient has not read your message or could simply mean that they are not interested.

Again, we regret that this issue ever happened and hope you will accept our sincerest apologies. We would be very glad to make this up for you and you are welcome to contact us at frank@easyroommate.com or call us at: 0044 (0) 203 695 8756 - Monday - Friday, 9am to 18.30pm GMT.
shabk
May 21st, 2019
It's been approximately 2 months I have posted my master bedroom listing with roomgo, I can see there are many posting from people who are looking for room with big budget.
I have email & msgs to 114 people.
But initially I didn't receive any single message from any single tenant.
Roomgo suggested me to have premium pass. So, I had that also. But no response until now.
So hence proved, Roomgo is a fake website. Roomgo doing scam with people. I wasted my money (30sgd) and time here.
Roomgo -. – Roomgo Rep
Thank you for your feedback and I am so sorry to hear that you haven’t been hearing back from your matches, apologies for any inconvenience that this might have caused you.

I believe you have just gotten in touch with our Customer Services Team and we have already replied to you and awaiting your feedback to assist you further. As already explained unfortunately the supply (people advertising a room) is much higher than the demand (people looking for a room) in your area on our website whereby the competition is very fierce.

Therefore, you will need to make your Ad not only attractive, but also unique and special. Also, make sure you send personalized messages that are short & effective as very long messages are always a drawback in such cases.

Last but not least to assure you that we are a genuine classified site and far from a scam we offered to extend your Premium Membership completely free of charge just to help you exceptionally in your search

We are looking forward to hearing from you soon and assisting you further.

Wishing you all the best of luck in your search!
dieterb
February 9th, 2012
Paid the money, got access to contact people straight away.
2 weeks of fruitless searching, a fair bit of time and effort.

3 Stars because there doesn't seem to be fundementally wrong with the site, just that I got no result out of it. I'd give it another shot if I was in a position to use it again.

For better success include photos, even of yourself. Success probably really depends on market conditions (ie how many people are looking for housemates compared to rooms available).
francise24
October 14th, 2019
Don't waste your money on the premium, you will regret it. Not enough options. There are better alternatives to Roomgo out there.
Roomgo -. – Roomgo Rep
Thank you for your feedback, Francis.

It is very important for us to keep our members satisfied and we deeply regret to hear that you are unsatisfied with our Premium membership. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, Francis.

Please let me clarify this for you: the Premium membership is not mandatory. It is an extra feature that enables you to communicate with all the members and gives your ad better visibility on the website. It does not guarantee you will find a room/ rent your room, but it does help you speed up your search process.

Francis, we would like to improve your experience with us. Please contact us at team@roomgo.co.uk and our team would be more than happy to help you.

lynettes30
June 9th, 2019
I reactivated my ad last night to look for a flatmate and realsied my premium had expired. I renewed premium at a cost of $100 plus... my ad is not visible. I've logged in as a prospective tenant & there are only four properties shown in wellington... mine isn't one of them! I've since sent three emails with no response! The third was to ask for my subscription to be credited back to my card as my ad is not visible... no response! Whats going on?
Roomgo -. – Roomgo Rep
Thank you for your feedback.

I am so sorry to hear that your ad is not visible on our website and you haven’t heard back from us or your matches, my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that this might have caused you!

This is very strange indeed as we reply to all our customer requests in a very timely manner, so you are either not locating our replies (check your spam/junk) or we are not receiving your email requests. Please make sure that you are getting in touch with our Customer Services Team through the correct email - contact@roomgo.co.nz

You can also get back to us with a phone number and convenient time slot to drop you a call and assist you further in your search.

Bear in mind that once you post your ad or modify it this has to go through the Moderation Process to be approved first before going live and published on our website. So, it could be that your ad was stuck in the Moderation Process when performing such as test.

Kindly get in touch with our Customer Services Team at your earliest convenience to sort out your account and any further queries you might have.

Looking forward to hearing from you very soon!
bonnieg45
January 31st, 2017
Gerri S... I need a room and every time i look there are the SAME 3 rentals and they arent even in my area! Glad I havent paid anything yet. If you have a room please try to find me. Thx, Bonnie Greenhouse
jayb316
January 31st, 2019
Be careful. They will change the name soon. They will continue scamming people under the new name. Always check first before you pay. Once you pay, they will ask more to put your list on top. Some of people on the list looking for room are probably in heaven or hell. They also changed my address on my ad. If you paid already, ask your bank to help you get your money back which I did.
Roomgo -. – Roomgo Rep
Thank you for your feedback and I am so sorry to hear that you are dissatisfied with our services!

Firstly, I’d like to clarify that EasyRoommate is a genuine classified site that has been operating in the flat-sharing business for over 16 years and present in more than 26 countries around the world, making us the biggest house sharing community in the world.

This increasingly global nature of our business meant that it is time to unify all our markets together under a single brand. Before the EasyRoommate brand consisted of the word “Easy” followed by “room” in the country’s respective language. Mobility & unity are the main motifs behind changing our name from “EasyRoommate” to “Roomgo”.

In addition, the users on the site are not bogus or fake, they are real active users like you looking for a room or roommate. As for the Premium Membership and the Boost Option these are completely optional on our website and only additional services that would make your search more efficient and effective.

We would gladly assist you further in your search and help you find what you are looking for if you kindly get in touch with our Customer Services Team on frank@easyroommate.com or you can always reach us at +44 203 695 8756 from 8.30 am to 6.30 pm UK time.

Apologies again for any inconvenience that might have been caused and wishing you the best of luck in your search!
davidk837
May 16th, 2019
Don't bother, never had one reply, although I showed "interest" in people looking for a room and my property is a very reasonable price, clean and tidy. Other sites I've used in the past have worked well - I'll have to do more research and check the website reviews before I use another site. This site has terrible reviews which unfortunately I didn't check before paying two months up front. Contacted them and asked for a refund, they said no because Premium Membership is entirely optional - but they could assist me if I got back to them. If this was a proper website I would have had several people contact me with a month without them needing to "assist me". It's either an extremely inefficient website or a scam, either way I wouldn't bother. Make up your own mind. £99.99 down the drain... and they do just enough so you can't claim back through the credit card because the website is still live - but useless.
Roomgo -. – Roomgo Rep
Thank you for your feedback David.

I am so sorry to hear that you are dissatisfied with our services and you’ve been unsuccessful on our website, if you kindly allow me to clarify the situation better for you.

Firstly, I’d like to assure you that we are a genuine classified site that’s been operating in this business for over 16 years and around 22 countries. Just like you come across negative reviews regarding our business I assure you that you’ll come across very positive ones too as is the case of any other business.

The key to being successful on our website is by being pro-active in your search and getting in touch with your matches on a regular basis (sending direct messages and not merely interest messages). Then to ensure a high and positive response rate it is crucial to have a solid ad with high-quality images and detailed description besides other factors.

As you rightly mentioned since the Premium is entirely optional and merely a contact method this is non-refundable unless it has not been used or not working properly. Our Customer Services Team is here to help you and guide you better in your search.

We have already offered to help you but unfortunately, you did not get back to us David, I strongly advise you to drop us an email on contact@roomgo.co.uk and we would gladly assist you further as promised.

Hoping you give our platform another chance and to hear from you soon David.

Meanwhile, I wish you all the best of luck in your future!
lynz5
May 26th, 2019
I had been with Roomgo or easyroommates.com for 5 years. I only got one decent response in 5 years. Most of the profiles I approached never got response back. I doubt these profiles are genuine or fake. Just waste a tremendous time and money to be the premium member without result.
I get more responses and inquiries from Craigslist. Don't bother with Roomgo anymore.
Roomgo -. – Roomgo Rep
Thank you for your feedback and apologies for any inconvenience that may have been caused throughout these years. We highly appreciated that you have been advertising with us for 5 years and really sorry that your results have not been as satisfactory.

May I firstly clarify that we have been operating in the flat-sharing business for over 16 years and in more than 22 countries. The users on the site are absolutely not bogus or fake, they are real people just like you looking for a room or roommate.

In addition, the users are in total control of their search and it is entirely up to you to make the best out of your Premium Membership purchase by being pro-active and getting in touch with your matches regularly. This would encourage a higher response rate and raise your chances of being successful.

It is also very important to include a detailed description on your ad and have high quality images uploaded to attract the users’ attention and add credibility to your ad.

I strongly advise you to get in touch with our Customer Services Team on contact@roomgo.co.uk and they will gladly guide you further in your search if you are willing to give us another try, we will do our best to assist you.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon and wishing you all the best of luck in your search!
ateeqa
May 24th, 2018
Fake tenant profiles set to appear to make a busy website full of tenants, quite the contrary. Its a very very quiet website, I would be surprised to even get one enquiry. I paid several times and never got a response from this website. They have no refund policy unlike spareroom. Tenants on easyroomate are either fake or not actively looking. You will waste your time and money on this site.
Roomgo -. – Roomgo Rep
Thank you for taking the time to review our site, Ahmad. Firstly I would like to reassure you that our website is completely genuine and we have been operating for nearly two decades, present in more than 20 countries worldwide. The users on the website are not bogus or fake profiles, they are real people actively looking for a roommate or a room just like yourself!

The mentioning of a free listing is absolutely not a gimmick, let me clarify that subscribing on the website, posting your ad and viewing all the listings is completely for FREE. The upgrade to Premium Membership is merely a contact option that grants the user unlimited contact on the website to allow the search to be more efficient and effective. I would like to remind you that the users are in total control of their search and the key to being successful on our website is by being pro-active in your search. The more messages you send out to your matches the higher the chances of finding what you are looking for! We also offer other options such as the 'Favorites' option to send messages in bulk to facilitate the user's search and the Boost Option which boosts the user's ad to the top of the search results. In addition, we send notifications by email when you send a user a message to encourage them to get back to you, however, sometimes they don't reply because they are simply not interested in that particular listing. As with regards to their inactivity, we also de-activate the ads for users who have been inactive for 14 days or more to make sure that our users on the website are actively searching and to be as transparent as possible.

Further to our phone conversation, we were able to activate a free Membership on your account, in order to proceed with your quest for a roommate.

Last but not least we're always at your disposal for any assistance regarding the use of the site.
grahams41
March 9th, 2018
BEWARE, I was about to place an advert for a double room on the site, before completion i checked for complaints about the company on the web, as no indication of price or what is required could be found during the application.
I found 1 site had good reviews, i then found another with many complaints about the site and the company.
In the company t&c's that you must agree with, you must give authority for the site to retain and use world wide any info placed on the site, it is also clear that the site will not work unless more money is paid!

LOOK LIKE A SCAM TO ME, I AM OFF!
Roomgo -. – Roomgo Rep
Thank you for your feedback Graham and we're very sorry that you did not even give Easyroommate a chance to see how it can work for you.

Similar to all businesses out there, we will not appeal to everyone. Scrolling through our reviews you will see people who are happy with their experience and you will surely see people who are not happy because they were not successful in finding what they are looking for.

The site is indeed free to use and the payment is optional, that's why you will not find any information about the fees while registration. That information can only be accessible after posting your ad, as the price will vary according to the length of time you wish to be a Premium Member for and depends on the settings of the advertiser as well.

However, as a Basic member (using the site for free), you can still post up to adverts, see all your matches for free, express interests with Basic members and contact Premium members directly for free.

You can reach our Customer support team at Victoria@easyroommate.com and we'd be glad to assist you with your experience on our site.

Thanks again for your feedback.
pedrof42
November 12th, 2018
Profiles are fake. They taking cash for premium memberships and there is no benefit to this paying. You wont get a solid lead out of these guys, guaranteed.
luisem1
November 1st, 2017
I just signed up with easy roommate and very quickly learned that I signed up for a scam. The people on the site are 99 percent fake and after googling their pictures they show up as legit people which identity is stolen or misused. I contacted them to report several scam pictures, however, the next day I still found them in my email box. I was being so dumb... to think that any roommate want's to pay over $2000 was being naive on my part. I had to cancel after two weeks... do not go there
Roomgo -. – Roomgo Rep
Thank you for taking time to review your experience on our site Luise!

We are very sorry to hear that our service did not fully meet your expectations and I can assure you that none of your matches are bogus, they are real people who are looking for flat-shares and house-shares.

Easyroommate is the world’s largest classified site, specializing in shared accommodation. We existed for more than 16 years and our service is available to users in over 20 Countries. We are ranked the first in France and the second in the UK and we're happy that you have taken the decision to join our platform.

We aim to provide a successful experience hence our site is being monitored regularly by a large team of agents who ensure that the platform.

If you have any issues using the website or any difficulties or doubts about any of our user, feel free to drop us an email at: Frank@easyroommate.com and our Customer support agent will be more than glad to answer all your question!
suex4
August 16th, 2019
I wna to rent Master bedroom to post and upgrade for sometime but no response. Now I want to make sure who is effect and anyone look for Master bedroom in Jurong East, contact me 91166981, no agent please
Roomgo -. – Roomgo Rep
Thank you for your feedback Sue.

I am so sorry to hear that you have had no response to your ad. I can see that you have used the website 'rentinsingapore.com.sg' to advertise your room and not Roomgo.

If you would like to advertise your room on our website, please feel free to visit our website on www.roomgo.com.sg. Our Customer Service team will be more than happy to assist should you have any question or need any further assistance. You can contact us directly on contact@roomgo.com.sg

Wishing you all the best of luck in your search!
peterd274
June 7th, 2018
Filed my listing on here. Could not contact anyone without paying their 'Premium' fee. Did that. Contacted ALL 2 people... neither replied... 2, in a city with 110,000 residents. My mistake... went to Trulia/Zillow... free and good, even CL is better.
Roomgo -. – Roomgo Rep
I am so sorry to hear that you have been dissatisfied with our services Peter, and whilst I do appreciate your feedback I would like to take this opportunity to explain better to you how our website functions to address your concern.
Firstly, I would like to clarify that subscribing to the website, posting your ad and viewing all the listings on the website is completely for FREE. In addition, contact on the website is not completely restricted to only Premium Members! As a Basic Member, you can send interest messages to both Basic and Premium Members and you can also send personalized messages to the Premium Members. The upgrade to Premium Membership is merely a contact option that grants the user unlimited contact on the website to allow the search to be more efficient and effective.
With respect to having very few matches on your search page, this could be due to a number of reasons including the search filters that you have opted for or the rental price/budget. I would need to locate your account to be able to help you further in this respect. For this reason, I invite you to get in touch with our customer services team either by sending us an email on frank@easyroommate.com or giving us a call on +44 203 695 8756 from 8.30 am to 6.30 pm UK time and we will be more than happy to help you further in your search.
Also, we are ready to grant you a free extension matching the Premium Membership you paid for previously as a token of apology for any inconvenience caused and to also make things right this time round to help you be successful in your search.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon and having you back on our website!
mr308
April 24th, 2019
Took my £19.99 and then can't get into my account!
Obvious SCAM SCUM!
Avoid this bunch of scammers!
Hope they lose all the money they scam of all of us!
Roomgo -. – Roomgo Rep
Thank you for your feedback.

I am deeply sorry to hear that you have been unable to access your account following your Premium Membership upgrade!

Firstly, I’d like to assure you that we are a genuine classified site that’s been operating in the flat-sharing business for more than 16 years and operating in more than 22 countries, we are most definitely not a scam.

Please bear in mind that we have a Moderation Team in place that approves and check the ads on our website, thus it might be that your account has been temporarily suspended to check some information with you. Otherwise, it could be that you are not entering your log-in details correctly.

Not to worry kindly get in touch with our Customer Services Team on contact@roomgo.co.uk and we would gladly assist you in accessing your account and restarting the Premium Membership for you accordingly.

Looking forward to hearing back from you and assisting you further.
sheril44
September 21st, 2017
You have to pay in order to contact anyone and get a full list of potential renters. I payed, hoping to contact lots of people and they kept showing me the same people over and over again. It's expensive for just 30 days and I didn't see the benefit at all. I also feel like it's a huge scam to get your money. I had my ad on Kijiji as well for free, with people message me for free and I finally found someone to rent. Easy roommate in my opinion was a waste of money and time.
Roomgo -. – Roomgo Rep
Thank you for your feedback Sheri and I'm sorry if you were not successful with your search!

I wish to inform you, Sheri, that you can indeed use the site for free, you can post an ad for free, search for flatmates and view their profiles for free, communicate with all your Premium Matches for free and send your Basic Matches interest messages for free as well.

The Premium Membership is an optional feature which will give your ad a better visibility and enable you to communicate with your Basic Matches. However, the Premium membership is not related to the search results, as these latter are directly linked to your ad criteria "Rent price and search area". The Premium membership does not enhance the quantity or the quality of your matches, you can see all your matches for free without having to pay and you only pay to gain access to contact them, not to see more of them.

I do understand that paying a membership fee when you are looking for a new roommate can seem to defeat the savings purpose of flatsharing. But what the membership does is really give you the best chances to find a flatmate in the shortest delay and not risk having your spare room empty for a month.

Our goal is simply and purely to help you fill that spare room the fastest possible and we're ready to activate a free Premium membership on your account to help you achieve that.

I’m happy to discuss further feedback by email at victoria@easyroommate.com

I look forward to speaking with you further.
allisonb107
August 26th, 2018
I got a response from a potential landlord I found on Easyroommate.com and was totally scammed out of $300.00! Then the potential landlord had the audacity to try to scam me out of $400.00 more and THEN try to present me with another scam claiming they would send me $400.00 if I provided them with a $1400. 00 invoice. When I reported this to Easyroommate, there was nothing but an, "I'm sorry, but Oh well." Please, folks, beware!
Roomgo -. – Roomgo Rep
Thank you for taking the time in providing us with your feedback Allison and I am so sorry to hear that you have been scammed by a user on our website!

Most people on the Internet are lovely and genuine, but sometimes you can encounter evil-minded people. When using any online platform there is always a slight risk of running into a suspicious character who may be trying to target you as the victim of a scam. We have an international team of moderators who work around the clock to ensure the site is safe for you.

Please note that as a classified site we preview, review and check new and old advertisements; however, we do not scan or vet any of the members who are using our service, thus, a malicious user with a carefully created profile could gain a temporary access to the site, but rest assured, their ad is tracked down and removed by our control team when reviewing the ads again. I would like to ensure that this criminal is no longer operating on the site and as such, I would appreciate that you send me any information you still have - their name on the site or listing ID.

I'd like to clarify Allison that we do take the safety of our users very seriously and we have a whole section on this topic on our FAQ page as per the following link: https://easyroommate-uk.helpscoutdocs.com/category/8-safety-centre. Remember that there is a really easy way to ensure that you are not scammed - First and foremost - Do not make financial agreements or arrangements with anyone you have not personally met or before viewing the room in person.

I strongly advise you to go to the local police station and file a complaint and we will be glad to provide any further information that may be required by the authorities. Also I would really like to take this opportunity to make things right and I would be more than glad to help you out in your search and in finding what you are looking for, so please get back to us either by email on frank@easyroommate.com or give us a call on +44 203 695 8756 from 8.30 am to 6.30 pm UK time.
Remember if you have any doubt (even the slightest) about a member’s intentions, the first thing to do is to stop all communications and contact our Customer Service Team otherwise you can flag their accounts on the site using the flag option at the bottom of their ads/profiles this way the Moderation team will take action immediately.
I am looking forward to hearing from you very soon to assist you further and I would like to apologize again for any inconvenience caused!
elleb8
September 26th, 2015
I was displeased when I dealt with scammers on a site that was supposed to be for pay. If I'm going to pay money, I want to know that I am receiving some sort of service beyond what Criagslist offers.
I decided to continue watching the site to see if the listed rooms change, or if any new ones are posted. They are not. It is the same rooms over and over again.

Do not pay for this service.

Thank you for contacting Easyroommate Sue. I'd be glad to help you with your search and how to have a safe experience while using an online website! First, to be able to check the ad for you I'm going to need the full listing ID, as the one you have posted is missing a number and it did not allow me to find the ad in question. However, the good news is that there is a really easy way to ensure that you are not scammed - First and fore-most - Do not make financial agreements or arrangements with anyone you have not personally met. You can read more about online safety on our FAQS from here: https://easyroommate-us.helpscoutdocs.com/category/245-scams-and-safety and you can also contact our Customer support directly by email as well from here: Victoria@easyroommate.com Thanks again for contacting us and I'm looking forward to helping you further.

See more answers (3)

Hi Suresh. I think the issue was that the original ad you placed was for rooms in Trenton. Currently you are not able to change the location of an ad. My recommendation would be to create a new ad, looking for rooms in North New Jersey - and from here Parsippany is an option. I see from our system that you have already done this since posting your ad. I will send an email to you separately. If you do not have any luck with the ads on our site, I will be happy to arrange a refund of the Premium Membership you have purchased. Kind regards Sean Hughes EasyRoommate

See more answers (2)

Hi Marci. I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your tenant. The exact law depends on the State you are in - as housing law is left to State Legislature, rather than Federal. However most States base their law on 2 Federal acts (Uniform Residential Landlord And Tenant Act (URLTA) or the Model Residential Landlord-Tenant Code). Essentially if you have given your tenant notice, and they have not left the property, the next step is to go to housing court. There is some general information on the process here: https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/eviction#Court_Proceedings - without knowing the State you are in I cant be more specific on the next steps. Good luck. Sean Hughes EasyRoommate

See more answers (2)

Thank you for your kind interest in advertising with us. Yes indeed, we do have rooms available on our website in Spokane WA and all across the US, however your search results would also depend on your rental budget and other search criteria besides the desired location. The first thing is to create an account with us through our Homepage https://www.roomgo.net/ to post your ad, and then you will be able to view all the search results and get in touch with your matches accordingly. Should you require any further assistance or a hand with anything related to your search please feel free to get in touch with our Customer Services Department on contact@roomgo.co.uk and they'd be glad to assist you further. Wishing you all the best of luck in your search!

By Roomgo -., Customer Service Team

Thank you for your feedback, I am so sorry to hear that you've been having difficulties accessing your account. There are many reasons that may be causing this issue such as a temporary suspension of your account by our Moderation Team to check some information with you, trying to log-in through a different country website, or merely not entering your log-in credentials correctly. Not to worry simply drop us an email on contact@roomgo.go.uk and we would gladly guide you in accessing your account successfully or even its deletion as per your request. We are looking very forward to hearing from you soon and assisting you further!

By Roomgo -., Customer Service Team

Thank you for your feedback and apologies for any inconvenience caused by our services! I'd like to clarify that the quantity or quality of listings available is not controlled by us, that's something related to your ad and ultimately controlled by you. The matches that you get are relevant to your location, rent price/budget, availability date and other filters as well. I assure you that we have numerous listings added on our website on a daily basis in the USA. Thus I kindly invite you to get in touch with our Customer Services Team on contact@roomgo.co.uk to guide you in having more search results available and assist you further in your search. We are looking very forward to hearing from you soon.

By Roomgo -., Customer Service Team

I am so sorry to hear that the person you were trying to reach turned out to be not advertising at all Karen! Firstly I would like to apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused you. There are a number of reasons why this might have happened Karen, it could be that a malicious user created an account fraudulently using this phone number on our website. Also, bear in mind that this might also have been due to a typo mistake either by yourself when ringing her up or by the user herself when inputting her phone number on her account. To assist you further with this and gain a better understanding of the situation would you please get back to us by sending us an email on frank@easyroommate.com providing us the Listing ID of this user in order to check this further. Otherwise, you can always reach us at +44 203 695 8756 from 8.30 am to 6.30 pm UK time. In the same time, you can always go ahead and flag a user's account using the flag option at the bottom of their profiles when you encounter a situation this way the moderation team will investigate and take action immediately. Looking forward to hearing from you soon and helping you further.

By Roomgo -., Customer Service Team

I am so sorry to hear about your situation and I would be glad to help you. Firstly I would like to clarify that Easyroommate does not interfere in the landlord/tenant business. As we are a classified site and not an agency it is entirely up to the user to contact and agree on all the terms of the contract. Since we do not handle the rental process or interfere in the communication or arrangements between members, we will not be able to mediate at this stage. However, I do advise you to go to local police station and file a complaint if you wish and we will be glad to provide any further information that may be required by the authorities, also kindly get back to me at Frank@easyroommate.com with the listing id of this user in order to take the necessary actions. Also, what we can do at this point is to help create a new search ad and we can activate a Premium Membership for you free of charge to help you speed up the search for the ideal room. Apologies for any inconvenience caused and hope to hear from you soon.

By Roomgo -., Customer Service Team

Hi Lilian, Could you kindly ask you for your email address to be able to check the account if the transaction went through? You can also drop me a line at Frank@easyroommate.com Hope to hear from you soon

By Roomgo -., Customer Service Team

Hi Sonya, Thank you for your message. We have websites all over the world, but our head office is in London, UK. Please let us know if you have any other question. You can contact our customer service directly at victoria@easyroommate.com Kind regards, The Easyroommate Team

By Roomgo -., Customer Service Team

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Roomgo staff and other customers.

Roomgo -.
Customer Service Team
Usually responds not within the first month

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Roomgo?

Have a question about Roomgo?