Roomgo

Roomgo has a consumer rating of 1.25 stars from 81 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Roomgo also ranks 11th among Roommate sites. The most common issues with Roomgo are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

No positive highlights yet

• No way to downgrade from premium membership back to basic.
  • I don't want to contact people who are in no way suitable for our home.
How would you rate Roomgo?

“I think easyroomate.com is a scam with a capital S”

Trent R.
1/1/19

I noticed that I only got replies to my ad once my membership expired and I could only see who enquired about my room for rent if I paid my subscription again. I can see they send that lots of people are suitable fits for what I'm looking for but not 1 reply when subscribing. I think this site and service is a SCAM WITH A CAPITAL S. I get all the success for successful tenants of Gumtree. And it's for free.

“Don't bother”

David K.
5/16/19

Don't bother, never had one reply, although I showed "interest" in people looking for a room and my property is a very reasonable price, clean and tidy. Other sites I've used in the past have worked well - I'll have to do more research and check the website reviews before I use another site. This site has terrible reviews which unfortunately I didn't check before paying two months up front. Contacted them and asked for a refund, they said no because Premium Membership is entirely optional - but they could assist me if I got back to them. If this was a proper website I would have had several people contact me with a month without them needing to "assist me". It's either an extremely inefficient website or a scam, either way I wouldn't bother. Make up your own mind. £99.99 down the drain . . . and they do just enough so you can't claim back through the credit card because the website is still live - but useless.

premium membership (13) people (32) email address (3) premium account (3)
jayl317
January 28th, 2020
Teases you worse than a woman on her reds.
Room go allows you to post a room but you cannot contact anyone without "upgrading to premium" for £17.99 a month and on top of that they don't guarantee you anything. I have been using GUMTREE instead (FOR FREE) and it has worked wonders. I bet they reply with some nonesence and say they are sorry (they're not) and happy to help but they aren't going to help at all... unless you go premium lol.
If out of 10 people someone helps 2 but but scams 8 are they a scammer? The answer is yes Roomgo to many bad reviews to deny it.
francise24
October 14th, 2019
Don't waste your money on the premium, you will regret it. Not enough options. There are better alternatives to Roomgo out there.
suex4
August 16th, 2019
I wna to rent Master bedroom to post and upgrade for sometime but no response. Now I want to make sure who is effect and anyone look for Master bedroom in Jurong East, contact me 91166981, no agent please
Roomgo -. – Roomgo Rep
Thank you for your feedback Sue.

I am so sorry to hear that you have had no response to your ad. I can see that you have used the website 'rentinsingapore.com.sg' to advertise your room and not Roomgo.

If you would like to advertise your room on our website, please feel free to visit our website on www.roomgo.com.sg. Our Customer Service team will be more than happy to assist should you have any question or need any further assistance. You can contact us directly on contact@roomgo.com.sg

markc814
July 11th, 2019
I'm unable to reply to an Interest message received, it says i have to upgrade to premium account. The only thing i could do was send an interest back to the person.
I should be able to reply via CONTACT person but it says it locked.
I'm using a smartphone.
Roomgo -. – Roomgo Rep
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback Mark!

I am so sorry to hear that you’ve been unable to get back to one of your matches who’ve expressed interest in your ad, apologies for any inconvenience that this might have caused you.

Please note that to contact an advertiser you can either send an interest message (automated message expressing interest in a particular ad) or send a personalised message. As a Basic Member yourself you can only contact and be contacted by the Premium Members (they appear in your search page in blue), they are free to contact and you can just go ahead and send them messages to make further inquiries.

However, communication between you and other Basic members is somewhat restricted on the site, you can only send interest messages to each other indeed, you cannot carry the conversation any further unless one of you upgrades to a Premium Member. Unfortunately, this is how the contacting system on our platform is designed and functions.

Thus, the Premium Membership would in turn grant you unlimited contact to all the users on the website without any restrictions at all Mark.

I hope I was able to clarify our contact options better for you and wishing you all the best of luck in your search!
sandyb239
June 28th, 2019
Roomgo is the least efficient accommodation service in the market. Their website is stuffed with pseudo flatmates who will never contact you because, contrary to the false information supplied below, flatmate ads are only checked when they are about to expire fortnightly. The website is so poorly designed that couples and even whole families are listed for SINGLE ROOMS & contrary to NZ law, neither same-sex nor disabled flatmates are identified. This is because the so-called 'matching' is done by price alone. Basically the site is a scam and you may consider contacting your ISP to get it blocked. But they charge a lot & their system involves a 'ratchet' feature where prices must constantly increase. They don't care, for they are only interested in $$$, not service. They offer nothing useful to potential flatmates & the lazy IT blokes who set it up will not modify the ridiculously complex website despite numerous complaints. Their management are only interested in tax-free $$ and their operations in NZ are basically illegal, with no compensation available to frustrated flatmates, as is required by law. They do not offer FULL BOARD where that is clearly expected. They are inflexible, inefficient and unreliable, with flatmate emails taking up to 21 hours to reach you. Avoid their false advertising!
Roomgo -. – Roomgo Rep
Thank you for your feedback and apologies for any inconvenience or dissatisfaction that might have been caused when using our website!

Firstly, may I clarify that we are a genuine classified site and the users on our website are not bogus or fake, but real users just like you looking for a room/roommate. We’ve been operating in the flat-sharing service for over 16 years internationally and that alone speaks volumes towards our success in this business.

Also please note that we do have a Moderation Team in place that work around the clock checking and reviewing the new and existing ads on our website to ensure a safe environment for our users. In addition, ads that are completely inactive within a specific time frame are automatically de-activated by the system. Also, whenever a potential match sends you a message this is delivered instantaneously and a notification is also sent directly by email.

Furthermore, our system does not only match you to potential profiles based only on price, but also the location, preferred gender & age and also occupation status. Whilst we do understand your point of view as a customer please bear in mind that Roomgo is merely an online platform.

Even if our filters were up to your standards, nothing will ever replace a good old fashion conversation to determine who is the best person to live with. We regret that in this instance the service delivered by Roomgo did not meet your expectations, and hope that you'll eventually find your perfect roommate.

lynettes30
June 9th, 2019
I reactivated my ad last night to look for a flatmate and realsied my premium had expired. I renewed premium at a cost of $100 plus... my ad is not visible. I've logged in as a prospective tenant & there are only four properties shown in wellington...mine isn't one of them!! I've since sent three emails with no response! the third was to ask for my subscription to be credited back to my card as my ad is not visible.... no response! whats going on???
Thank you for your feedback.

I am so sorry to hear that your ad is not visible on our website and you haven’t heard back from us or your matches, my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that this might have caused you!

This is very strange indeed as we reply to all our customer requests in a very timely manner, so you are either not locating our replies (check your spam/junk) or we are not receiving your email requests. Please make sure that you are getting in touch with our Customer Services Team through the correct email - contact@roomgo.co.nz

You can also get back to us with a phone number and convenient time slot to drop you a call and assist you further in your search.

Bear in mind that once you post your ad or modify it this has to go through the Moderation Process to be approved first before going live and published on our website. So, it could be that your ad was stuck in the Moderation Process when performing such as test.

Kindly get in touch with our Customer Services Team at your earliest convenience to sort out your account and any further queries you might have.

Looking forward to hearing from you very soon!
lynz5
May 26th, 2019
I had been with Roomgo or easyroommates.com for 5 years. I only got one decent response in 5 years. Most of the profiles I approached never got response back. I doubt these profiles are genuine or fake. Just waste a tremendous time and money to be the premium member without result.
I get more responses and inquiries from Craigslist. Don't bother with Roomgo anymore.
Roomgo -. – Roomgo Rep
Thank you for your feedback and apologies for any inconvenience that may have been caused throughout these years. We highly appreciated that you have been advertising with us for 5 years and really sorry that your results have not been as satisfactory.

May I firstly clarify that we have been operating in the flat-sharing business for over 16 years and in more than 22 countries. The users on the site are absolutely not bogus or fake, they are real people just like you looking for a room or roommate.

In addition, the users are in total control of their search and it is entirely up to you to make the best out of your Premium Membership purchase by being pro-active and getting in touch with your matches regularly. This would encourage a higher response rate and raise your chances of being successful.

It is also very important to include a detailed description on your ad and have high quality images uploaded to attract the users’ attention and add credibility to your ad.

I strongly advise you to get in touch with our Customer Services Team on contact@roomgo.co.uk and they will gladly guide you further in your search if you are willing to give us another try, we will do our best to assist you.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon and wishing you all the best of luck in your search!
shabk
May 21st, 2019
It's been approximately 2 months I have posted my master bedroom listing with roomgo, I can see there are many posting from people who are looking for room with big budget.
I have email & msgs to 114 people.
But initially I didn't receive any single message from any single tenant.
Roomgo suggested me to have premium pass. So, I had that also. But no response until now.
So hence proved, Roomgo is a fake website. Roomgo doing scam with people. I wasted my money (30sgd) and time here.
Roomgo -. – Roomgo Rep
Thank you for your feedback and I am so sorry to hear that you haven’t been hearing back from your matches, apologies for any inconvenience that this might have caused you.

I believe you have just gotten in touch with our Customer Services Team and we have already replied to you and awaiting your feedback to assist you further. As already explained unfortunately the supply (people advertising a room) is much higher than the demand (people looking for a room) in your area on our website whereby the competition is very fierce.

Therefore, you will need to make your Ad not only attractive, but also unique and special. Also, make sure you send personalized messages that are short & effective as very long messages are always a drawback in such cases.

Last but not least to assure you that we are a genuine classified site and far from a scam we offered to extend your Premium Membership completely free of charge just to help you exceptionally in your search

We are looking forward to hearing from you soon and assisting you further.

davidk837
May 16th, 2019
Roomgo -. – Roomgo Rep
Thank you for your feedback David.

I am so sorry to hear that you are dissatisfied with our services and you’ve been unsuccessful on our website, if you kindly allow me to clarify the situation better for you.

Firstly, I’d like to assure you that we are a genuine classified site that’s been operating in this business for over 16 years and around 22 countries. Just like you come across negative reviews regarding our business I assure you that you’ll come across very positive ones too as is the case of any other business.

The key to being successful on our website is by being pro-active in your search and getting in touch with your matches on a regular basis (sending direct messages and not merely interest messages). Then to ensure a high and positive response rate it is crucial to have a solid ad with high-quality images and detailed description besides other factors.

As you rightly mentioned since the Premium is entirely optional and merely a contact method this is non-refundable unless it has not been used or not working properly. Our Customer Services Team is here to help you and guide you better in your search.

We have already offered to help you but unfortunately, you did not get back to us David, I strongly advise you to drop us an email on contact@roomgo.co.uk and we would gladly assist you further as promised.

Hoping you give our platform another chance and to hear from you soon David.

Meanwhile, I wish you all the best of luck in your future!
veronicao27
May 9th, 2019
many years ago (2005) this was a legit place to find fantastic roommates from all over Europe and Asia and Africa.
As time went on, the founders beefed up the site with fake listings and sold out, or just changed the name to bilk every last dollar they could. Because this site is FULL of SCAMMERS! When you have an issue, there is no customer service just watered down apologies that you aren't happy but they are the largest roommate site in the world. blah blah blah...in otherwords, save your money and your time. This site makes Craisgslist look legit!!! Also, membership rates doubled since the name change. So more money more SCAMMERS. I won't give them another dime since Roomgo came in to play!
Roomgo -. – Roomgo Rep
Thank you for taking the time in providing us with your feedback!

I am so sorry to hear that you have been dissatisfied with our services lately and more specifically since our name change. If you kindly allow me to clarify this better for you as there seems to be a misunderstanding.

Firstly, I’d like to clarify that we have been operating since 1999 and we first started operating in London UK. However, we quickly started increasingly expanding all around the world and currently operating in more than 22 countries around the world.

Our existence and continuance throughout all these years speak volume that we are a genuine classified site and so are our users, we do not have any fake or bogus listings on our global platform. The motive behind our recent name change to “Roomgo” is to unify all our brands under a single brand to promote mobility and harmonization across all countries we operate in.

Unfortunately, when using an online platform there is always a slight risk of running into a suspicious character who may be trying to target you as the victim of a scam. However, we do have a moderation team in place who work against the clock to ensure a safe environment for our users as much as possible.

As for the Premium Membership plans, these were indeed revised recently and there were some changes in the duration and prices since upon reviewing the cost/day some plans were much cheaper and other too expensive in comparison to our competitors. Thus, some plans’ prices are indeed higher but there are also plans with even lower prices now.

Should you require any further clarifications or assistance you are more than welcome to get in touch with our Customer Services Team on contact@roomgo.co.uk.

Wishing you all the best of luck in your future!
mr308
April 24th, 2019
Took my £19.99 and then can't get into my account!
Obvious SCAM SCUM!
Avoid this bunch of scammers!
Hope they lose all the money they scam of all of us!!!
Thank you for your feedback.

I am deeply sorry to hear that you have been unable to access your account following your Premium Membership upgrade!

Firstly, I’d like to assure you that we are a genuine classified site that’s been operating in the flat-sharing business for more than 16 years and operating in more than 22 countries, we are most definitely not a scam.

Please bear in mind that we have a Moderation Team in place that approves and check the ads on our website, thus it might be that your account has been temporarily suspended to check some information with you. Otherwise, it could be that you are not entering your log-in details correctly.

Not to worry kindly get in touch with our Customer Services Team on contact@roomgo.co.uk and we would gladly assist you in accessing your account and restarting the Premium Membership for you accordingly.

Looking forward to hearing back from you and assisting you further.
tamaraa44
April 3rd, 2019
I have emailed them several times and they keep saying their website works but it doesn't. I keeps telling you to upgrade when you are already upgraded. None of the members on the list shows as they have premium membership. Only basic membership. No one's contact no. you can view. Half their links doesn't work correctly. Top if off I had a potential roommate email me from roommate long story short they sent a long email about the life story and how their dad past away a week ago and mother died 7yrs ago. Wanted to know how much to move in and how to transfer the money. I replied knowing this might be a scam by overstating the rent money and bond ie. $4000 bond and $4000 per month rent and she needs to transfer $8000. Then she replies back with worse sad stories how there's dispute with her Will etc and if she could give me a token if I transferred $15K and she will pay be back when she come to Australia.
Then I had another person saying they are interested when their profile states they are looking in Brisbane and I am living in Victoria. Things just doesn't add up with this site. I have already got the bank to investigate on them as I paid for their premium membership. PLEASE PLEASE do not waste your money.
Thank you for your feedback.

Firstly, I would like to sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused and the difficulties you’ve experienced on our website!

The first issue you mentioned whereby you keep being prompted to upgrade even though you have paid already is solely a browser issue when utilizing Internet Explorer (due to an existing compatibility issue). Using alternative browsers such as Google Chrome or Firefox would allow you to use the website smoothly and get in touch with all your matches without any restrictions.

As for the phone numbers, as a Premium Member yourself you have the option to display your number on your ad for all the users to view or you can choose to hide this. This option is the same for all users and thus for the users who have chosen to display their phone number you will be able to view this but for the ones who have chosen to hide this you would have to first get in touch with them through the website’s messaging system. This is usually due to privacy/security purposes.

I am so sorry that you’ve been contacted by such a scammer on our website, we do have a Moderation Team in place that tries their best to ensure a safe environment for our users. However, as with all online platforms, there always is the risk of coming across such malicious users. This is why you have to be very careful and we have a whole section dedicated to this topic on our website: https://help.au.roomgo.net/category/350-safety-centre

Kindly get back to me with the Listing ID of such users to make sure that they are completely banned off our website. Also please get in touch with our Customer Services Team on contact-au@roomgo.net so that we can help you further with your search and rectify this situation for you.

Looking forward to hearing back from you soon!
roj6
March 30th, 2019
This site is run by very dishonest people. They dont have any rooms or any contacts of people who is looking for rooms. So dont give them a penny. Stay away and safe.
jayb316
January 31st, 2019
Be careful. They will change the name soon. They will continue scamming people under the new name. Always check first before you pay. Once you pay, they will ask more to put your list on top. Some of people on the list looking for room are probably in heaven or hell. They also changed my address on my ad. If you paid already, ask your bank to help you get your money back which I did.
Roomgo -. – Roomgo Rep
Thank you for your feedback and I am so sorry to hear that you are dissatisfied with our services!

Firstly, I’d like to clarify that EasyRoommate is a genuine classified site that has been operating in the flat-sharing business for over 16 years and present in more than 26 countries around the world, making us the biggest house sharing community in the world.

This increasingly global nature of our business meant that it is time to unify all our markets together under a single brand. Before the EasyRoommate brand consisted of the word “Easy” followed by “room” in the country’s respective language. Mobility & unity are the main motifs behind changing our name from “EasyRoommate” to “Roomgo”.

In addition, the users on the site are not bogus or fake, they are real active users like you looking for a room or roommate. As for the Premium Membership and the Boost Option these are completely optional on our website and only additional services that would make your search more efficient and effective.

We would gladly assist you further in your search and help you find what you are looking for if you kindly get in touch with our Customer Services Team on frank@easyroommate.com or you can always reach us at +44 203 695 8756 from 8.30 am to 6.30 pm UK time.

Apologies again for any inconvenience that might have been caused and wishing you the best of luck in your search !
trentr8
January 1st, 2019
Roomgo -. – Roomgo Rep
Thank you for reaching out and providing your feedback, I am really sorry you feel this way towards our website!

Firstly I'd like to apologize for any inconvenience that might have been caused when advertising with us if you kindly allow me to clarify how our website functions for you.

Let me re-assure you that EasyRoommate is not a scam but a genuine classified site that has been operating in the flat-sharing business for over 16 years and present in more than 26 countries around the world, making us the biggest house sharing community in the world.

We do not have any control over the number of your matches as this depends entirely on your ad and search filters. We also do not have control over the timing when your matches respond to you. I am sorry to hear that they did once your Premium Membership had expired though.

Please bear in mind that even if you are a Basic Member you can still view the messages that your matches had sent you and view their ads, as this is completely for free. The upgrade to Premium is merely a contact method that grants the user unlimited contact to all the users on the website.

As for the response rate, it is worth mentioning that this has been quite low recently due to the Holidays season. You might have to wait to hear back from your matches as not all users access their accounts every day. However, we do send notifications by email whenever you send a user a message to alert them accordingly.

We would gladly assist you further in your search if you get in touch with our Customer Services Team on frank@easyroommate.com or else by calling us on +44 203 695 8756 from 8.30 am to 6.30 pm UK time.

Wishing you all the best of luck in your search and future!
pedrof42
November 12th, 2018
Profiles are fake. They taking cash for premium memberships and there is no benefit to this paying. You wont get a solid lead out of these guys, guaranteed.
charlesl262
September 2nd, 2018
They have no rooms for rent in an American city with 3.5 million people. So I searched the entire west coast of the country and they only have a handful of rooms for rent in the western United States. I have never seen such a blatant rip off in my life.
EasyRoommates reply said it may be my filters that were causinflg the problem and that they are a legitimate site, but I removed all filters and moved the rent amount I'm willing to pay to the maximum and still no matches in a city of 3.5 million people. EasyRoommates said it's an option to pay for the premium services and while that may be true it also looks like the premium service will give you access to matches you can't see without it. Don't go to the site if you live in the U.S., I don't know about Europe.
Roomgo -. – Roomgo Rep
Thank you for providing us with your feedback Charles and I am so sorry to hear that you are dissatisfied with our services!

Firstly I'd like to reassure you that EasyRoommate is a genuine classified site that has been operating in the flat-sharing business for over 16 years and presents in more than 26 countries around the world, making us the biggest house sharing community in the world.

Also please note that the Premium Membership is merely a contact method to get in touch with all your matches without any restrictions and it is completely optional. Registering on the website, posting your ad and viewing all the listings available is completely for Free. In addition, the quantity or quality of listings available is not controlled by us but by the users themselves.

I'd like to remind you that since our website operates under a matching system, the matches you get are relevant to your location, rent budget and other filters set which are controlled by you. The reason why you were getting very few listings that meet your search criteria is probably due to search filters you have set on your search, or a moving date set far ahead that is hindering your search process. Not to worry we would be more than glad to help you in your search and make things right this time round to help you find what you are looking for. Kindly get back to us either on frank@easyroommate.com or else give us a call on +44 203 695 8756 from 8.30 am to 6.30 pm UK time and we will assist you better.

Apologies for any inconvenience that might have been caused and looking forward to hearing from you soon.
allisonb107
August 26th, 2018
I got a response from a potential landlord I found on Easyroommate.com and was totally scammed out of $300.00! Then the potential landlord had the audacity to try to scam me out of $400.00 more and THEN try to present me with another scam claiming they would send me $400.00 if I provided them with a $1400.00 invoice. When I reported this to Easyroommate, there was nothing but an, "I'm sorry, but Oh well." Please, folks, beware!!!
Roomgo -. – Roomgo Rep
Thank you for taking the time in providing us with your feedback Allison and I am so sorry to hear that you have been scammed by a user on our website!

Most people on the Internet are lovely and genuine, but sometimes you can encounter evil-minded people. When using any online platform there is always a slight risk of running into a suspicious character who may be trying to target you as the victim of a scam. We have an international team of moderators who work around the clock to ensure the site is safe for you.

Please note that as a classified site we preview, review and check new and old advertisements; however, we do not scan or vet any of the members who are using our service, thus, a malicious user with a carefully created profile could gain a temporary access to the site, but rest assured, their ad is tracked down and removed by our control team when reviewing the ads again. I would like to ensure that this criminal is no longer operating on the site and as such, I would appreciate that you send me any information you still have - their name on the site or listing ID.

I'd like to clarify Allison that we do take the safety of our users very seriously and we have a whole section on this topic on our FAQ page as per the following link: https://easyroommate-uk.helpscoutdocs.com/category/8-safety-centre. Remember that there is a really easy way to ensure that you are not scammed - First and foremost - Do not make financial agreements or arrangements with anyone you have not personally met or before viewing the room in person.

I strongly advise you to go to the local police station and file a complaint and we will be glad to provide any further information that may be required by the authorities. Also I would really like to take this opportunity to make things right and I would be more than glad to help you out in your search and in finding what you are looking for, so please get back to us either by email on frank@easyroommate.com or give us a call on +44 203 695 8756 from 8.30 am to 6.30 pm UK time.
Remember if you have any doubt (even the slightest) about a member’s intentions, the first thing to do is to stop all communications and contact our Customer Service Team otherwise you can flag their accounts on the site using the flag option at the bottom of their ads/profiles this way the Moderation team will take action immediately.
I am looking forward to hearing from you very soon to assist you further and I would like to apologize again for any inconvenience caused!
lukek41
August 20th, 2018
Note: Everything I've written is from the perspective of someone seeking a housemate to take a room in my unit, I have no idea how good or bad it is as a tenant.

I can't say that there's too much that EasyRoommate does horrendously bad but the lack of absolute basic features make it come up short when comparing to it to pretty much any of its competitors. My first issue with the site is that the search function is quite honestly garbage, the most apparent problem that stood out to me is that you can't set a price range, meaning that you can (and will) get people that have their budget set below the price that you've set, clogging the results with profiles that likely won't have any interest in your listing at all.
Another problem with searching is that the lack of requirement for people to write their own descriptions makes the site look like it's filled with fake accounts, even if that's not the case it gives a pretty poor first impression and makes identifying potential tenants so much more difficult than on places that ask users to write their own. While it's ultimately up to the users to sell themselves I'd much rather a half-assed, 5 word description of someone than a wall of automated text that makes me feel like I'm reading a list of spam.
Ultimately though, the biggest issue with the site is the way that it handles free and premium users and the features that are restricted to those who decide to spend money. Let me be clear here, if you aren't willing to spend money then the site is near-useless to you, if you don't have premium membership you can't contact people and they can't contact you (beyond "sending interest", which just sends you a notification) unless they themselves have a premium membership. The very idea of restricting a fundamental aspect of a housemate-seeking service to those who pay is ridiculous, especially in a market that relies on having as many people using your service as possible and there are so many other options that have much more generous terms for their free users (i.e. they're actually usable). Honestly, this one thing completely kills the site for me, I wouldn't recommend anyone to use it as the main place to do their search for a tenant and I especially wouldn't say you should spend money on it, there's nothing particularly noteworthy about the site and you'll have much better luck in places that have a decent user experience without having to spend money.
Roomgo -. – Roomgo Rep
We are very sorry to hear that you are not happy with your experience on our site, Luke, and I appreciate this chance to address your concerns.

Easyroommate is a matching system, so when you register as a landlord, we already do half of the search for you and provide you with profiles that we call "Matches", as they match your location, rent price, and by the help of set of filters we have provided, you get to narrow down your search and make it more accurate in terms of distance, age range, gender and occupation as well. Also, as most of the users are ready to compromise on their needs when running a room search, that's why you will find a slight percentage of profiles with budgets higher and lower then your rent price. But you can always adjust your search results and set them either by nearest, lowest budget, higher budget or newest.

On the other hand, the profile of the roommates can only be what the users make them. If the user is in a rush to start a search and they leave their description blank, we automatically add their name, budget and search area on their behalf.

But, trust that we are working hard to make it more appealing and easy for these members to come back to their account to write a detailed description, as profile and ad quality are very important to us. We are also working on adding more features to encourage all users to provide more and useful details to help them with their search and help us as a portal.

Last but not least, regarding the contact options, I confirm that the site is indeed free to use and most of our users are Basic. With a Basic membership, users are able to see all of their matches, send interest to other Basic ads, but they are still able to contact and be contacted by Premium advertisers directly for free.

We'd like to discuss the matter further with you and see how we can make things right for you. You can email us at victoria@easyroommate.com we will get back to you promptly.

We look forward to hearing from you and earning you back as a happy Customer.
adamf113
August 15th, 2018
The company responded to my review below incorrectly. They claim they are taking action but they still continue to list a landlord who regularly makes up lies, threatens, and robs tenants. We now know 10 people she has done this to.
We sent their contact info to Easy Roommate and they refuse to contact them or believe multiple stories.
In their response below they claim to be interested in contacting other tenants, but they are not. They are insinuating we are all lying and for some reason want to list a landlord who forces tenants out for no reason, scares them and takes their money
The police helped us to get half our money back but not all. We spent hours trying to get a police report but to officially get it, we would have to go to court for multiple days and then wait 3-4 weeks for the report
This site continues to list houses which are run by criminals. They know it and they continue to list.
Air bnb, Craiglist, Faceboon Groups, and local housing agencies all banned this landlord BUT EASY ROOMMATE has all the evidence and does nothing
Please be aware that if anything bad happens to you through houses they list, they wont help or support unless you have official police reports, which in many countries can be hard to obtain.
markc608
July 3rd, 2018
I am indebted to the people who have bothered to report EASYROOMATES.COM for the abject scam that it is. I thank them for NOT being indebted to this thieving hustle of a website. The way I came to find out about these reprobates is this: I was looking to find a room to rent in the St Louis area and I started on Craigslist. I saw an ad that looked promising. I decided to contact supposed landlord/homeowner. Ad was for room with usual amenities and plausible rent. The catch was that it was offering a "private entrance" which ostensibly made it an apartment, but for shared/roomate prices. This was the hook. Everything else was average, showing that they know not to set the bait for Too Good To Be True. I immediately got a response stating that the room was still available, all I would need to do, was sign up for EASYROOMATES.COM. Because I'm hip to the way Craigslist scammers work, mostly attempting to drive website traffic, I knew it was probably B.S, but because I took the time to search about the legitimacy of this site only to find innumerable complaints, that were from people who have lost a great deal more than i have (I've just wasted my time, not my money or identity ), I have saved myself from being hustled by these con-artists. Dear *******@easyroomates.com or should I just say VICTORIA (seriously, you thieves can't at least invest in additional names? She's the only member of your support staff? Seriously, every response from ER.com is from a VICTORIA) please don't bother to profusely apologize about the unfortunate misunderstanding, you are wasting your breath. Or maybe I should encourage you to respond, so you waste time, money and show the rest of us to what lengths you'll go to continue this rip-off?
Roomgo -. – Roomgo Rep
I am so sorry to hear about your experience and that you are dissatisfied with EasyRoommate!

Whilst I do appreciate you taking the time in providing your feedback I would like to take advantage of this situation to clarify better for you our website and who we really are as there seems to be a complete misunderstanding. EasyRoommate is not a scam but on the contrary, a genuine classified site that has been operating in the flat-sharing business for over 16 years and presents in more than 26 countries around the world, making us the biggest house sharing community in the world.

As far as the experience you had on Craigslist, I'd like to clarify that we do not do such practices at all as we find it completely unacceptable and it is definitely not someone from Easyroommate who tried to redirect you to advertising on our website. I can assure you that we do not need to create fake profiles to persuade users from other platforms to use us as we have been running a legit business successfully for years. We do not take part in these practices at all and it goes against our policies.

Unfortunately, these are malicious users tricking innocent users and trying to scam them through numerous platforms, but this is a complete fraud which unfortunately impacts negatively on Easyroommate. You were in reality contacted by this scammer on another website not by us and please note that the only people representing our firm are us - the customer services team- and our email is victoria@easyroommate.com.

This leads me to the next point, Victoria is only the mailbox name, however, we did have a former colleague by the name of Victoria who used to take care of our English mailboxes, and the company granted her the honor to name the mailbox as Victoria. This is just like we have Karine for the French mailbox, Antonio for Spanish inbox, Frank in the Uk etc. However, these now remain only email addresses names and we have other Customer Services Agents working for EasyRoommate respectively.

Finally, I'd like to highlight that similar to all businesses out there, we will not appeal to everyone. Scrolling through our reviews you will see people who are very happy with their experience with us and you will also surely see people who are not happy because they were not successful in finding what they are looking for.

Going forward and since you are looking for a room in St Louis, please note that we currently have 25 rooms available in this area and you can have a look at these by accessing the link below:

In order to help you with this hardship and actually help you find what you are looking for we would be glad to offer you a Commercial Gesture such as a Free Premium Membership on our website and invite you to advertise with us so that you can see for yourself that we are a legit website and we are here to help people find their perfect room/roommate.

I hope this helps to clarify better our business to you and you can find our contact details on our website from here:

Apologies once again for any inconvenience caused and I do wish you the best of luck in the future.
peterd274
June 7th, 2018
Filed my listing on here. Could not contact anyone without paying their 'Premium' fee. Did that. Contacted ALL 2 people...neither replied...2, in a city with 110,000 residents. My mistake...went to Trulia/Zillow...free and good, even CL is better.
Roomgo -. – Roomgo Rep
I am so sorry to hear that you have been dissatisfied with our services Peter, and whilst I do appreciate your feedback I would like to take this opportunity to explain better to you how our website functions to address your concern.
Firstly, I would like to clarify that subscribing to the website, posting your ad and viewing all the listings on the website is completely for FREE. In addition, contact on the website is not completely restricted to only Premium Members! As a Basic Member, you can send interest messages to both Basic and Premium Members and you can also send personalized messages to the Premium Members. The upgrade to Premium Membership is merely a contact option that grants the user unlimited contact on the website to allow the search to be more efficient and effective.
With respect to having very few matches on your search page, this could be due to a number of reasons including the search filters that you have opted for or the rental price/budget. I would need to locate your account to be able to help you further in this respect. For this reason, I invite you to get in touch with our customer services team either by sending us an email on frank@easyroommate.com or giving us a call on +44 203 695 8756 from 8.30 am to 6.30 pm UK time and we will be more than happy to help you further in your search.
Also, we are ready to grant you a free extension matching the Premium Membership you paid for previously as a token of apology for any inconvenience caused and to also make things right this time round to help you be successful in your search.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon and having you back on our website!
ateeqa
May 24th, 2018
Fake tenant profiles set to appear to make a busy website full of tenants, quite the contrary. Its a very very quiet website, I would be surprised to even get one enquiry. I paid several times and never got a response from this website. They have no refund policy unlike spareroom. Tenants on easyroomate are either fake or not actively looking.. You will waste your time and money on this site.
Roomgo -. – Roomgo Rep
Thank you for taking the time to review our site, Ahmad. Firstly I would like to reassure you that our website is completely genuine and we have been operating for nearly two decades, present in more than 20 countries worldwide. The users on the website are not bogus or fake profiles, they are real people actively looking for a roommate or a room just like yourself!

The mentioning of a free listing is absolutely not a gimmick, let me clarify that subscribing on the website, posting your ad and viewing all the listings is completely for FREE. The upgrade to Premium Membership is merely a contact option that grants the user unlimited contact on the website to allow the search to be more efficient and effective. I would like to remind you that the users are in total control of their search and the key to being successful on our website is by being pro-active in your search. The more messages you send out to your matches the higher the chances of finding what you are looking for! We also offer other options such as the 'Favorites' option to send messages in bulk to facilitate the user's search and the Boost Option which boosts the user's ad to the top of the search results. In addition, we send notifications by email when you send a user a message to encourage them to get back to you, however, sometimes they don't reply because they are simply not interested in that particular listing. As with regards to their inactivity, we also de-activate the ads for users who have been inactive for 14 days or more to make sure that our users on the website are actively searching and to be as transparent as possible.

Further to our phone conversation, we were able to activate a free Membership on your account, in order to proceed with your quest for a roommate.

Last but not least we're always at your disposal for any assistance regarding the use of the site.
orionp7
May 22nd, 2018
Uses fake advertising. In my case, they pretended to be someone looking for a room on Craigslist then told me they already found a place but oh you must try easyroommate.com. Disingenous and dishonest advertising practices. No trust here.
Roomgo -. – Roomgo Rep
I appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback and I'd like to apologize for this misunderstanding about our site.

Easyroommate is the world’s largest classified site, specializing in shared accommodation. We existed for more than 16 years and our service is available to users in over 20 Countries. We are ranked the first in France and the second in the UK, and I can assure you that we do not create fake profiles to pursue users from other platforms as we run a legit business for years.

We do not take part in these practices at all as we find it unacceptable. In cases like these, I advise you to contact the customer support of the platform in question and report the user that have contacted you so that they can act against him/her.

I would really like you to contact our customer support team as well at victoria@easyroommate.com so that they can evaluate your account and help you further with your search.

Thank you.
daniela199
May 13th, 2018
Disappointed at what this site has become. I had been using it on and off since 2005. I don't think the site is a fraud in itself, but there's getting to be too many scammers who try and trick people into sending rent money for rooms for rent "sight unseen". The story usually appears believable: someone had moved to Dallas for work, and they key is with them still... I got few responses from people where I was truly interested in the place, and lots of people coming to me who were frauds. Waste of $24.95 I should have known better.
Roomgo -. – Roomgo Rep
Thank you for your feedback Daniel, We are extremely sorry to hear about this and even more sorry to disappoint a customer.

Unfortunately, as any online rental site, there is always a risk of running into a suspicious character who may be trying to target you as the victim of a scam. To fight against this we have a dedicated team of moderators, we preview, review and check new and old advertisements; However, we do not scan or vet any of the members who are using our service, thus, a malicious user with a carefully created profile could gain a temporary access to the site, but rest assured, their ad is tracked down and removed by our control team when reviewing the ads again.

We'd like to learn more about your situation and we want to make things right. So, please give us a call at +44 203 695 8756 from 8.30 am to 6.30 pm UK time or email us at Victoria@easyroommate.com and we will get back to you promptly. We look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you for contacting Easyroommate Sue. I'd be glad to help you with your search and how to have a safe experience while using an online website! First, to be able to check the ad for you I'm going to need the full listing ID, as the one you have posted is missing a number and it did not allow me to find the ad in question. However, the good news is that there is a really easy way to ensure that you are not scammed - First and fore-most - Do not make financial agreements or arrangements with anyone you have not personally met. You can read more about online safety on our FAQS from here: https://easyroommate-us.helpscoutdocs.com/category/245-scams-and-safety and you can also contact our Customer support directly by email as well from here: Victoria@easyroommate.com Thanks again for contacting us and I'm looking forward to helping you further.

See more answers (3)

Hi Suresh. I think the issue was that the original ad you placed was for rooms in Trenton. Currently you are not able to change the location of an ad. My recommendation would be to create a new ad, looking for rooms in North New Jersey - and from here Parsippany is an option. I see from our system that you have already done this since posting your ad. I will send an email to you separately. If you do not have any luck with the ads on our site, I will be happy to arrange a refund of the Premium Membership you have purchased. Kind regards Sean Hughes EasyRoommate

See more answers (2)

Hi Marci. I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your tenant. The exact law depends on the State you are in - as housing law is left to State Legislature, rather than Federal. However most States base their law on 2 Federal acts (Uniform Residential Landlord And Tenant Act (URLTA) or the Model Residential Landlord-Tenant Code). Essentially if you have given your tenant notice, and they have not left the property, the next step is to go to housing court. There is some general information on the process here: https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/eviction#Court_Proceedings - without knowing the State you are in I cant be more specific on the next steps. Good luck. Sean Hughes EasyRoommate

See more answers (2)

Thank you for your kind interest in advertising with us. Yes indeed, we do have rooms available on our website in Spokane WA and all across the US, however your search results would also depend on your rental budget and other search criteria besides the desired location. The first thing is to create an account with us through our Homepage https://www.roomgo.net/ to post your ad, and then you will be able to view all the search results and get in touch with your matches accordingly. Should you require any further assistance or a hand with anything related to your search please feel free to get in touch with our Customer Services Department on contact@roomgo.co.uk and they'd be glad to assist you further. Wishing you all the best of luck in your search!

By Roomgo -., Customer Service Team

Thank you for your feedback, I am so sorry to hear that you've been having difficulties accessing your account. There are many reasons that may be causing this issue such as a temporary suspension of your account by our Moderation Team to check some information with you, trying to log-in through a different country website, or merely not entering your log-in credentials correctly. Not to worry simply drop us an email on contact@roomgo.go.uk and we would gladly guide you in accessing your account successfully or even its deletion as per your request. We are looking very forward to hearing from you soon and assisting you further!

By Roomgo -., Customer Service Team

Thank you for your feedback and apologies for any inconvenience caused by our services! I'd like to clarify that the quantity or quality of listings available is not controlled by us, that's something related to your ad and ultimately controlled by you. The matches that you get are relevant to your location, rent price/budget, availability date and other filters as well. I assure you that we have numerous listings added on our website on a daily basis in the USA. Thus I kindly invite you to get in touch with our Customer Services Team on contact@roomgo.co.uk to guide you in having more search results available and assist you further in your search. We are looking very forward to hearing from you soon.

By Roomgo -., Customer Service Team

I am so sorry to hear that the person you were trying to reach turned out to be not advertising at all Karen! Firstly I would like to apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused you. There are a number of reasons why this might have happened Karen, it could be that a malicious user created an account fraudulently using this phone number on our website. Also, bear in mind that this might also have been due to a typo mistake either by yourself when ringing her up or by the user herself when inputting her phone number on her account. To assist you further with this and gain a better understanding of the situation would you please get back to us by sending us an email on frank@easyroommate.com providing us the Listing ID of this user in order to check this further. Otherwise, you can always reach us at +44 203 695 8756 from 8.30 am to 6.30 pm UK time. In the same time, you can always go ahead and flag a user's account using the flag option at the bottom of their profiles when you encounter a situation this way the moderation team will investigate and take action immediately. Looking forward to hearing from you soon and helping you further.

By Roomgo -., Customer Service Team

I am so sorry to hear about your situation and I would be glad to help you. Firstly I would like to clarify that Easyroommate does not interfere in the landlord/tenant business. As we are a classified site and not an agency it is entirely up to the user to contact and agree on all the terms of the contract. Since we do not handle the rental process or interfere in the communication or arrangements between members, we will not be able to mediate at this stage. However, I do advise you to go to local police station and file a complaint if you wish and we will be glad to provide any further information that may be required by the authorities, also kindly get back to me at Frank@easyroommate.com with the listing id of this user in order to take the necessary actions. Also, what we can do at this point is to help create a new search ad and we can activate a Premium Membership for you free of charge to help you speed up the search for the ideal room. Apologies for any inconvenience caused and hope to hear from you soon.

By Roomgo -., Customer Service Team

Hi Lilian, Could you kindly ask you for your email address to be able to check the account if the transaction went through? You can also drop me a line at Frank@easyroommate.com Hope to hear from you soon

By Roomgo -., Customer Service Team

Hi Sonya, Thank you for your message. We have websites all over the world, but our head office is in London, UK. Please let us know if you have any other question. You can contact our customer service directly at victoria@easyroommate.com Kind regards, The Easyroommate Team

By Roomgo -., Customer Service Team

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Roomgo staff and other customers.

Roomgo -.
Customer service

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Roomgo?

Have a question about Roomgo?