Roomster

Roomster has a consumer rating of 3.9 stars from 827 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Roomster also ranks 1st among Roommate sites.

This company responds to reviews on average within 9 hours

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 71.3%

• Had a good experience on Roomster listing my available room for rent.
  • Great resource to find roommates or list rooms for rent.

• Helpdesk_messages Csrep009 February 11,2018 20:05:42 RE: Help & Support All customer service is done via this helpdesk.
  • I wouldn't have signed up for 3 days only if I wanted a monthly service!
How would you rate Roomster?

“It's very nice that people come forward offering places...”

Andy C.
9/2/20

It's very nice that people come forward offering places for other people to live instead of letting them be homeless

“Feels a bit dodgy”

Amanda C.
8/29/20

Feels a bit dodgy. Spend all this time making an account and listing then pay us to see any results. Wish I had known up front. Apparently I have 17 messages from people. Payed the 5 days to see if they're legit.

customer service (41) 3 days (18) credit card (22) people (148) place (140) rent (179) new york (17) 3 day subscription (9) roommate (177) good experience (15) 3 day trial (5) trial period (7)
andyc286
September 2nd, 2020
calvinc105
July 25th, 2020
Verified purchase
Please inform me when Im at my end date, so I can decide if I still need your service
Reason I chose this business: I need a roommate during these hard times
claireb221
September 10th, 2020
Verified purchase
Too many people answering ad with a general message and then NEVER respond back when I contact them, In fact out of about 10 people that I answered after THEY first contacted me, only 1 got back to me. Now this is not really the fault of your service but rather the rude and entitled nature of so many people now!
I also do NOT like the automatic monthly renewal. Not many people need it for more than a short time. Just a way to hope that people don't remember to discontinue. Also- tooooo many without any pictures or anything
Reason I chose this business: I had to get the messages that were still there in HOPES I will find someone for my room
kimberlym514
August 31st, 2020
Verified purchase
Security is paramount and this is the second time I have used this service to find a tenant. I have not had any issues and the people I have found have been quality individuals! Praying it stays that way! I recommend this app for sure above all others
Reason I chose this business: Used it previously with good results
miak34
August 24th, 2020
Verified purchase
Great service. Really recommend for people who is looking for a roommate or a room.
sharlota
September 12th, 2020
Verified purchase
Interesting. I had a lot of scam calls after posting my listing onto my cell phone.
Reason I chose this business: I was tired of the scam calls. I am not currently able to rent an apartment or studio.
jasonm1402
August 29th, 2020
Verified purchase
Im hoping to find roommates or houses pet friendly. My expectations at first were worrisome. Now I have no choice but to try this purchase for thirty days and hope to find better results.
Reason I chose this business: I need a great place to stay asap
patriciar950
July 28th, 2020
Verified purchase
Good I did not see the charges. I hope I get messages I previously posted.
Reason I chose this business: Need a roommate.
kamolaf
July 24th, 2020
Reason I chose this business: Best application ever
mouradw
July 26th, 2020
claudiab198
September 1st, 2020
Verified purchase
I think the subscription should end immediately. I do not understand why it is a recurring payment.
Reason I chose this business: My mom told me to.
johnn1167
August 13th, 2020
Verified purchase
Have been sent to this site off and on to only once be in contact with the proper person for a rental transaction.
chips53
July 26th, 2020
Verified purchase
Found an awesome roommate through this app. Hope to do the same again!
johns751
John S. – Roomster Rep
Awesome, Chip! Glad we could help and best of luck on your current search!
peterh939
July 27th, 2020
jormasp
July 27th, 2020
Verified purchase
I love the idea, seems you have a lot of activity which is great for a provider, but not all accounts are kids looking for roommates or sublets, if the site was business-friendly I think it would bring more appeal and more listings.
Reason I chose this business: Looking for additional exposure platforms for our properties.
charleneb157
July 31st, 2020
Verified purchase
Good user interface. Pictures load clear and quick.
Reason I chose this business: Received message
mikel1244
September 8th, 2020
Verified purchase
The fact that I have to pay to use this service is a little annoying.
Reason I chose this business: Because I need to get out of a lease
Reason I chose this business: Need a room
alexanderp178
September 2nd, 2020
Verified purchase
There are a lot of scams on this site. But I'm desperate for a new place so here I am.
Reason I chose this business: Because I really_really_ need to find a new place to live.
chriss2449
aarfatk
Reason I chose this business: Looking for a tenant
sandersw8
July 25th, 2020
Verified purchase
Reason I chose this business: It worked for me before.
darreong
Reason I chose this business: Need a room asap

We do not post on Craigslist and do not spam or send any messages like this.

See more answers (7)

Roomster has a 24/7 fully staffed Help Desk. Please login to your account and you will receive excellent customer service.

See more answers (8)

See more answers (6)

These are untrue statements. We have asked our many satisfied customers to post their positive experiences about Roomster to counteract the negative, and mostly untrue statements posted about us. If you notice that Sitejabber has negative reviews of almost every company doing business in the united states. If it was all true, there would be no business left and everyone would be out of work. People never write good reviews, people love to be negative. Its sad.

See more answers (3)

Hi Aminah, Roomster did not post that ad on Craigslist, we did not create that link and there fore we can not offer support for it. This looks to be one of our affiliates, who should not be doing this. We will be removing this person from our affiliate program. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

See more answers (4)

That makes little to no sense. Undeleted? What does that even mean? N you want to create an account after you deleted it? Go ahead.