Review of RoomieMatch

RoomieMatch reviews

RoomieMatch@RoomieMatch.com

ranaj5
2/19/19

I've had this service since August, I've had a few successful hits from it but yes the people are less responsive than let's say Roomster.

My main complaint is that every time I relist my room it downgrades my rent price. I put $800-$899 and roommiematch decides to put it down to $600-$699. No customer service. No one will fix it. They claim you can just update your info by refilling out the form but I've found this to be untrue as they took none of my changes.

Seriously what kind of service is this if THEY decide what your rent is?

alexs736
1/22/19

I was not emailed within 24 hrs as noted in the subscription details and roommate emails were delayed when time frames were stated. For example, the company sent me an email saying that roommate details would be sent "today" when in actuality they were not sent until later the following day. Some of the roommate matches did not even offer cell phone numbers to contact them. My real point is that this company is not really offering a valuable service to the consumer by delaying emails, not offering substantial contact information, no photos are provided of candidates, and the company has not replied back to 4 emails that I have written. The customer service of this company can best be described as "non-existent." This should act as a warning to other potential subscribers. Something is wrong here. The company claims to be run by humans, however their lack of response is soulless and robotic. I sent an email to cancel my subscription and asked for future emails regarding matches to stop...seeing as how they were then emailing me about 30 emails a day (1 for each match... I mean, why just not send me to a link or provide them all in one report???)... but they did not stop emailing even when requesting a cancellation. This is super annoying when now you are deleting about 60 emails!!!!!!!!! I still have not received a response from the company even after contacting the BBB (it seems that the company does not respond to any of the BBB's requests for resolution), and I am still receiving emails one month later!!

britneea
12/26/18

I am not sure what RoomieMatch is up to and how they are allowed to keep doing what they are doing but it has to be illegal. Like many other complaints, this website sold me a false bill of goods, and then when I tried to find a link to unsubscribe from their deluge of emails I couldn't find any. They need to be looked in to by some sort of authority. Stay far far away from this horrible website or keep them far far away from your main email inbox. This is a case where I really wish I'd used a decoy email address.

claref18
11/30/18

Wish I had read these reviews before.
FLOOD of spam emails
Won't cancel subscription - can't get out!
No response to emails
No contacts provided until days after payment and then none of them being the contacts that were advertised to you under your "free account"
Ugh waste of money and just awful terrible service. I am trying to report them to the BBB and maybe some authority under the CANSPAM act

rebeccaf118
11/23/18

In our constant search for roommates we've used lots of sites that rely on you to filter out scammers. RoomieMatch does this for you. There is a live person who reads every single profile for authenticity and will accept/deny your account. Yes you recieve hundreds of emails but THEY TELL YOU THIS over and over again before doing it. I found a roommate in 4 days and I won't ever use craigslist or anyone else again.

maryd559
11/12/18

DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE! They have sent me 100s of emails yet there is no way to delete your account or even see your own profile to turn the emails off. I have tried contacting them and they do not respond.

gregh254
9/15/18

I thought the site was thorough and funny and ask pertinent questions, initially had a great response after I submitted by profile, then when I "upgraded" no responses at all, resubmitted my profile...nothing, tried to upgrade again...nothing? I am still the same person with the same room to offer in the same location? I am 67 and needed a roommate to share expenses in a 5 b/r house in Las Vegas, and maybe not live alone. but no one at the company even answers my quest for help to find out why? Not very professional.

karinar33
7/17/18

Trying to find easy roommate finders for my move to LA, now seeing random money being taken out of my debit account, going to have to call and try to fix this. STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE

dominiqueb27
7/3/18

there is no contact, the email is fake. The stole the $20 they ask for to give you contacts. Once I paid, no emails at all came through for matches. They hype the sight up to make you think they have it all together.

cindym291
7/2/18

This is the first time I have personally signed up for a website and felt "spammed" and "scammed" by the company altogether. I asked for my email to be removed from their list, emailing them from the same account I signed up with and they responded that they weren't "psychic" & couldn't help me because my email doesn't exist in their database. Meanwhile, I received 12 emails from them TODAY alone. That's 160 emails and counting.

gregd138
5/15/18

Even when trying to block emails from roomiematch.com, they will bypass your spam filter. I feel sorry for those who give them money directly.

sams483
10/18/17

...if you are having the same issues as me and want answers, the emails to stop here ya go!!
Contact www.roomiematch.com at phone number
206.706.5926

vineethak
9/21/15

I signed up for roommiematch.com and made the payment on their website. I didnt receive any confirmation mail and the payment didnt show up, and they don't respond to any emails. I wanted it cancelled because I didn't receive any emails with contact details from them as promised. After I cancelled, I get a mail saying that I will get the contact details and they processed the payment. Since they dont have a phone number on their website, I had to contact my credit card to cancel, and they asked me to wait until the payment has been processed. I got the contact number for roomiematch from my credit card company and called them, left voice mails, no response. Finally I duspited the transaction with my credit card company. That's the only time roomiematch responded saying they (in a very rude email overall, and unprofessional too), don't issue refunds. It was a waste of money.

Questions? Get answers from the RoomieMatch staff and other customers.

RoomieMatch?