Flatland

Flatland has a consumer rating of 2.75 stars from 24 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Flatland ranks 3rd among Roommate sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 66.7%
How would you rate Flatland?

“Great service”

Charlotte J.
2/13/20

Had a great experience through Flatland. I found out about them through an add on Gumtree. They will send you a listing of properties for free until you are interest to go forward and meet with landlords, which is fair. I was very happy with the service as I got my landlord's number straight away, visited the semi studio 2 days later and signed the very same week! Definitely recommend. Charlotte

“Scam”

Flat S.
2/12/20

They dont help in finding a flat just a waste of time and money £60. Mike is rude and the landlords just wana waste your time. Useless

charlottej56
February 13th, 2020
fredm241
March 27th, 2020
Flatland offers a very good service for what they do, provide contact details for available rooms in Greater London through a daily updated email list for 3 months for a reasonable fee. You have to put in the leg work, visit rooms and make calls to agencies or landlords where necessary. It helps if you do your research ahead of time with budget and kind of room in mind. Mike was always willing to take my calls and answer my questions as far as he could, even giving alternative choices he thought might work for me. I found my room thanks to Flatland after about 3 weeks and will definitely be using their services when I need a room again.
flats
February 12th, 2020
lailai2
May 4th, 2020
Even through the lockdown Flatlands when above and beyond to help me find a place. Thank you so much Mike, I will definitely be recommending you and using your service again.
simonag13
November 27th, 2019
Such a miserable lady picked up the phone is not even point to say how uncanny her professionalism was.
They must be scams is simple as that... the rooms avertised are an insult to anyone who wishes to spend their money on rent.
What a sad way of making money
Shame
falhowns
April 16th, 2018
Very Good help. Their landlord are professional. There is lot of choices of flats rooms... this is great
hufrisht
January 20th, 2020
Excellent and timely service provided by Myra and Mike which helped immensely. This is the 2nd good experience.
feliciae17
March 18th, 2020
I have had the chance to find two amazing homes in the centre of London through the Flatland agency. I lived 7 years in the first one and then used the agency again to find a new beautiful place in Gloucester Road and I have been living here for three years.
gioulia1
February 28th, 2020
I was in a bad situation and in huge need to find a flat asap and they helped me a lot. All of the flats I viewed were lovely and the people from flatland did their best and helped me find a rental very fast.
willl99
November 2nd, 2019
They advertise fake aprtments that dont exist by attracting people to pay (formelry registration fee) now subscription fee to view fake properties that are underpriced by 50%. That's their hook cheap below market value properties that really dont exist. Their target market are forigners who are new and dont understand the scam. They are crooks! Avoid these scammers
micheled295
October 5th, 2019
To be honest I was a bit suspicious about flatland because I have to admit that I checked the review first about them and not all of them was nice, some people mostly complain about the fact that they called and get no answer, what happen to me just once but appart form that they always answer to my mail and the guy I had on the phone really did his best to find me a place who match my expectation, knowing that at the same time I receive a list of studio or room available every day with a skit to visit them, and actually he found me a place who was even better than what I was expected and at a really really really good price! ( more space than my previous place, the area was better as well and the price so cheap as there is not any hidden fee). A friend recommend me flatland and I'll definitely recommend it to someone else! Of course it's a bit scary to pay for a service you didn't get yet but I don't regret it.
bonnien32
March 2nd, 2019
I was able to contact a lot of landlords directly quickly. I did have a few bad experiences but found a decent place after a few views
timm753
September 29th, 2019
This is the second time I have used Flatland to help me find a property to rent and I want to share how helpful they were to me at a time when I was very busy. Mike went out of his was to talk me through the options. I thoroughly recommend them to anyone who is searching for somewhere to rent.
eduardov14
June 18th, 2018
Don't even think about dealing with these bunch of thieves, they are rude, unhelpful, and impolite. Mike who was the person who answered my calls didn't help at all, he always gave me the same numbers of the same landlords each day I called; I explicitly asked him for viewings around Notting Hill and he always insisted I should go for viewings in Shepherd's Bush when I made it very clear I did not want to rent in Shepherd's Bush. Don't even bother with them, a bunch of thieves.
annav40
April 27th, 2017
If you have spare money for the charity go ahead. First they will force you to pay £90 for the service in the office, when through their www you can do it cheaper something around £60. Don't worry you won't get this info from them. On viewings million of other people. Most of the flats are gross, overpriced and supervised through other agency. They don't know the word "studio", for Flatland it means a tiny room with shower in middle, mould, shared bathroom and kitchen.
martins288
December 4th, 2018
Unprofessional bunch of jokers.
All focus is on grabbing a fee and that's all.
Rude and useless at best
raffaellap1
October 24th, 2018
Before signing in I gave them a call and enquired about a studio flat. Mike told me it would become available at the end of the month. With this in mind I signed up and paid the £61.50 fee. I wasn't provided with a hotline number and had to request it after two days. Once I got it, I kept calling over and over in office hours and nobody ever took the calls, my phone even signalled it was an invalid number. I tried calling the standard number and always got the message that the person was unavailable. I sent a message to their mobile phone asking to speak or a refund, and nobody has replied yet. It is indeed a total scam and I will sue them if they don't refund me.
esrag
November 30th, 2017
They charge you £61.50 to find you a flat and gave you a code (Hot line reference number) in advance never answer your calls to discuss about flats.
You ask them X they give you Y and tell you to take it if you want.
Never trust them and avoid!
benl58
March 2nd, 2016
This place is a scam, do not use them. They are incompetent thief!
paulinap2
March 17th, 2015
I had a bad experience with Flatland couple of weeks ago. I am writing it to warn you. Avoid them like a plaque. They are taking £99 before they even starts looking any properties. Then they arrange viewing with dodgy landlords. Some of them even do not bother to show up. The properties are awful, I would never recommend this 'agency' even to my worse enemies.
markk41
March 25th, 2014
The properties they advertise are not actually available & the same properties are advertised all the time so it is false advertising. Wasted 2 hours going to there office, the guy was no help at all
lisan12
November 13th, 2012
100% Scam. They're listing properties on Gumtree with automated voice messages. Don't pay their fee for properties that don't exist as they claim the properties are always 'taken fast'. Soul-less.
pamelah4
April 10th, 2012
http://www.flatland-london.com listed by ZOOPLA.CO.UK, really suks, today I went for some good looking flats that I saw in the web, they said "just come to our office in 125 Gouchester Road", but when I arrive they want me to pay 80 pounds for give me an excel list of flats that probably doesn't exist or are a trash bin. Of course I didn't pay, but I spent 5 pounds and my time going there
vz4
May 29th, 2012

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Flatland staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Flatland?

See reviews as you browse with our Firefox extension

2.8
Have a question about Flatland?