Review of Dot & Bo

San Francisco, CA 94103, US
press@dotandbo.com

esterp
7/11/15

I ordered a light for my nursery two weeks ago and was promised a delivery date between June 30th - July 7th, which has passed and item still hasn't shipped. Customer Service reps have no knowledge of anything, keep saying they need to contact "operations" and get back to me. The lamp is now out of stock so I'm sure IF they do get back to me, they're going to delay the delivery. Don't sell items you don't have! Don't pretend to be a legit retailer when you're a joke. And they charge for delivery. Low class site, don't shop here. You'll end up being charged for items they've already sold to others and lied to.

Response from Service D., Dot & Bo Representative
Hi Ester,

Thank you for taking the time to share your honest feedback and experience. We can completely understand your frustration and urgency for resolution. After your call with our rep, this was escalated to our Operations team for additional information as quickly as possible.

We did have these in stock when your order was placed, but our system did not catch that it had been back ordered and the stock went out to orders placed before you. Our engineering team is working hard on upgrading them and issues like these should not be occurring in the future.

Due to this less than ideal experience, we've processed a refund in full for the Sphere Pendant Lamp as well as a credit towards a future purchase as a sincere apology. We hope this credit will help us provide a night/day experience on a future order if you ever decide to give us another shot.

We cannot thank you enough for your continued patience throughout and hope you can accept our most sincere apologies.

donnaf19
7/10/15

I called 4 times to find out when my shelves would be delivered. Each time the arrival date moved back and forth. Finally when I was told that I paid for FedEx delivery only to have my order arrive 30+ days after the order was placed, I was tired of waiting and canceled. The marketing scheme at Dot & Bo is to tell you they only have 2 or 3 units left and then take a month to ship after charging the highest shipping rates of any catalog company I've ever ordered from. I order online a lot and everyone but Dot & Bo seems to understand the importance of fast shipments...especially when a customer is being charged top dollar. I won't order from them again.

Tip for consumers: No bother - everyone else can get a delivery out the same week at the very latest. Why can't Dot & Bo?

Response from Service D., Dot & Bo Representative
Hi Donna,

We appreciate you taking the time to speak with our Supervisor of Customer Relationships and sharing your honest and constructive feedback.

We apologize for any confusion with our shipping times. The order was on track with it's originally time frame as detailed in your confirmation email. We aim to be as transparent as possible about our shipping times noting them on the product page, cart, confirmation email, and my orders page. With that being said, we understand they are not the quickest are working to improve on that.

We want to confirm your order has been cancelled and your refund is in process. you should see it reflected on your credit care records within 5-7 days (it sometimes takes the bank a few days to update).

We hope you can accept our most sincere apologies.

melissar40
7/8/15

I love the way Dot & Bo organizes their site in categories. It helps focus my eclectic style:-) Their products are unique and their customer service is personal and extremely helpful. I order off the internet daily and I HIGHLY recommend Dot & Bo for home furnishings!!!!!!

davev18
6/25/15

We ordered two Kennewick lounge chairs that had a 4-6 week delivery time. We were worried that we were ordering something that didn't exist. But the chairs shipped within a week or so and then arrived in just under 4 weeks. The chairs were in crates, so they were in perfect condition. The delivery company was a nice, local company and they were extremely easy to schedule and work with. The chairs are good quality, but not top-of-the-line, so you get what you pay for. We're very, very happy and pleasantly surprised.

geraldf12
5/30/15

Loved the web-site and the item that I bought. If I had known that by ordering from the site that I would start getting 2-3 (buy more) E-mails a day from them I would not have ordered. Thank god the mail is electronic and not paper, other wise I'm sure they'd be clearing whole forest on a weekly basis. Fitz

Response from Service D., Dot & Bo Representative
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. Email settings can adjusted at anytime in your "My Account" page. We've also included a link for you to change your e-mail preferences with us in case you miss our unique collections and want beautiful and refreshing designs sent to your inbox every day.

Here is the link for your convenience:

If you'd like to provide us your email address, we're more than happy to make the adjustment for you. Let us know!

Dot & Bo Community Management
cherylk15
5/21/15

Love my country chic chandeliers!! So cute, just as great looking in person!!

adrianag8
5/12/15

I fell in love with Dot & Bo's website, but found them a bit expensive. When my sister in law gave me a gift card there I bought a book shelf that, while I felt was way too expensive, because of the gift card, I bought it anyway. It was a little smaller than I anticipated and the product arrived with no directions on how to assemble it. I am very disappointed in the poor quality-it's the 5-tier Hanover shelf. It's wobbly and the screws continue to come out of the wood. I am extremely disappointed with this. The metal brackets in between do not stand straight up. I am embarrassed to tell people how much was paid for this, and top of the regular shipping I had to pay extra for truck delivery. I would pay maybe $100 for this, but this poor quality is vastly overpriced. I do not want to pay the return shipping and dissemble it, so I'll keep it in the garage for storage, not in the main area. Very disappointed and will not order from this company again.

Response from Service D., Dot & Bo Representative
Hi Adriana,

Thank you so much for sharing your honest feedback. We cannot apologize enough for this frustrating experience. It's the last way we want our valued customers to feel.

That being said, we thank you for following up with our rep and are happy we were able to get this resolved for you. Thank you for your patience as we worked to make things right.

If at anytime you wish to edit your review a reflect a better experience the option is there. As always, we are here if you have any further questions or concerns.
tamim9
5/9/15

I am an online shopper - for just about anything I might need; business, personal, gifts. When I came across Dot & Bo, I was attracted to the industrial modern campaign and purchased a couple of things. As each item arrived I was thrilled with the quality and astonished that everything was as described and more. I was inspired to update my office after seeing what Dot & Bo could do to accent the creativity of my design and marketing company. So now, I am a repeat customer and telling everyone I know to check them out.

janetv3
5/6/15

I purchased a four door storage cabinet in turquoise from Dot and Bo. It was on sale for $169. At the time it occurred to me that I might want a second matching cabinet, but I decided to wait until the first one arrived so that I could be sure of keeping it. The cabinet came in and fit perfectly into my room. Next morning I went to Dot and Bo's website and looked up the cabinet. Now it was priced at $189. I contacted customer service through email and explained my situation. A very kind lady named Patricia arranged to credit my account for $20 so that I could purchase a second cabinet at the same sale price as the first. I consider this outstanding customer service and am grateful to everyone at Dot and Bo who were willing to help me. Oh, and I did purchase the second storage cabinet.

alixa4
5/3/15

I love shopping Dot & Bo. I like that it is as if they selected all the products I love and put them in one place. Often other online stores that sell interior decor are laden with thousands and thousands of products that I would never buy. But Dot & Bo offers a great curated experience with daily collections that make you see shopping in a different way!

leenih
4/30/15

I wanted a coat rack that was out of stock and I had the option to have them let me know if it became available which I accepted. They dis eventually contact me and I ordered the item. I had forgotten that I had a 10% coupon and emailed a couple of days later to ask if they would honor it which they surprisingly did. When the coat rack arrived there was some damage and they offered to take it back at their expense but I asked if I could instead have an allowance to have it repaired since it was large and I had already ripped some of the packing material. Again they accomadated my request and even gave me a credit towards a future purchase. I LOVE THIS COMPANY! They have unique items and respond quickly and professionally to your requests. I will definitely continue to use this as my go to site for home items.

sandrag28
4/25/15

I am pleased with the merchandise and the service I was given.

ront19
4/24/15

I fell in love with their "Cradle me lounge chairs." It was posted that they will not arrive until March but I ordered 4 anyway back in January 25, 2015. I got charged the full amount with tax and shipping that day. By March, they were delayed several times ranging from May to July in delivery dates. So I emailed to follow up and was ensured I was in line for delivery end of April. Well, end of April has come and my order was once again delayed. These chairs have missed a house warming, a birthday party and random BBQs. I was no longer willing to wait and decided to cancel my order today. What a total waste of time and effort. They have beautiful stuff but the wait is simply horrendous.

Tip for consumers: My advice; don’t bother!

Response from Service D., Dot & Bo Representative
Hi Ron,

Thank you so much for sharing your honest feedback. We wanted to touch base to let you know a supervisor has followed up with you via email and left voicemail in order to touch base on this.

We cannot apologize for the constant delays. The port strike affecting the West Coast caused items to either be stuck on a ship or at the dock. This resulted in an international and industry wide backlog of shipments stuck at the Long Beach port, including your chairs. Also, we can confirm your refund for both orders is currently being processed.

Also, we've applied a Dot & Bo credit to your account as a token of our apology. If you ever decide to give us another try, we hope this credit will help us in providing you with a night/day experience.

We hope you can accept our most sincere apologies and we are here if there's anything else we can do to assist.

Dot & Bo Community Management
lg27
4/13/15

I LOVE shopping with Dot & Bo. I have bought many items ever since I discovered the Dot & Bo website, from large furniture to medium-sized wall clocks to small pillow cases, and everything has been beautiful. When I did have a problem with one item, the Modern Mango TV Stand, Ivy in customer service helped me out in a way that no other company has ever even come close to matching. I love my eclectic furniture pieces and the fun little side pieces and decor, and I have been recommending Dot & Bo to everyone who comes to my house and asks where I got everything :-) Their website is really easy to navigate and their curators do a great job of putting 'themed' items together. Every time I go on the website, I find things to add to my wish list!

brandyd3
4/11/15

Dot and Bo have some very unique items. Some of the prices are very reasonable and others are pretty high. I was sad when they held a recent contest and didn't announce who won. I submitted more entries than almost anyone and was hoping to be a winner. I understood not being chosen, not everyone can win these things, but then it felt like maybe they just didn't pick anyone, it would have been nice to know that they actually selected someone. Aside from contests I still love their stuff and placed an order for a chandelier. The chandelier is gorgeous though a completely different color than what is advertised online. The shipment came very quickly which was AWESOME. I would absolutely order from them again and again.

ofeliac
4/5/15

I love my little tea light bowl the words is the reason I bought it "love you to the moon & back" so beautiful

Tip for consumers: I like this site & I enjoy looking at all there beautiful things!

melissam56
4/2/15

I recieve daily emails from Dot & Bo. I love their format. It is perfect for a busy girl. Quick looks at unique home decor items organized by category. Their customer service is wonderful.

mikel189
3/20/15

Excellent picture frame and was exactly what I wanted by it seems smaller than I expected and I would have liked a bigger size though. Excellent shipping as well.

margaretn11
3/14/15

I absolutely love my purchase. Although I am prejudice because the pillow says " Sweet Home Chicago". That's my hometown!

tomekad1
2/28/15

Customer service is amazing. Shipped quickly and gave me chance to change order when my shelf was on back order. Products are on trend. Definitely a future repeat customer.

rickr31
2/24/15

Beware that it took this company over 6 weeks to deliver a simple framed picture I ordered in December. Once it finally came, the quality was average, at best. The price was not worth the product.

Tip for consumers: Don't order here.

toms142
2/14/15

They never delivered the items ordered. Horrible customer service - DO NOT BUY from them

Tip for consumers: DO NOT BUY FROM TEM

Response from Service D., Dot & Bo Representative
Hi Tom,

Thank you for your communication. This is Community Management with Dot & Bo. We cannot apologize enough for this frustrating experience. It's the last way we want our valued customers to feel.

I want to confirm your order was undeliverable due to an incorrect address. This is documented by UPS in the tracking pages.

Also, we've applied a $15 credit towards your Dot & Bo account as a sincere apology for any miscommunications. We hope that if you ever decide to give us another chance, this credit will help us in providing a night/day experience on a future order. If at anytime you wish to edit your review a reflect a better experience on a potential future order, the option is there.

We hope you can accept our most sincere apologies.

javierp5
2/9/15

DON'T BUY!! FORGER ABOUT THESE POORLY MANAGED PIECE OF JUNK OF A BUSINESS.
Without a shadow of a doubt, Dot & Bo has been the worst shopping experience in my life.
My wife and I bought two lamps for our new home on December of last year with an expected delivery of early January.
I tried talking over the phone to a representative and it's practically impossible. I left two voicemails and they promise a call-back within a business day, which ever happened. They finally replied my emails 2 days later only to say there was a delay and should be arriving by early Feb.
I just logged into their website and my order has been pushed back another month WITHOUT NOTICE! I'm about to cancel the order.

Tip for consumers: Seriously forget about Dot & Bo. I've used Etsy a couple of times now and just found the same lamp we've been waiting for from Dot & Bo, and even a tad cheaper.

cynthiac21
2/4/15

Excellent customer service from Jenny. Went the extra mile!

kathyp17
1/27/15

OK everybody.....let's put this company out of business. I have contacted a seller on ETSY about the item I ordered and they are willing to make this item for way less!! I will post on all social media about ETSY contact. AND MY ORDER won't be at my door for FOUR MONTHS????? BAD COMPANY

Tip for consumers: DONT!!!!!!!

Hi Simona, Thanks for reaching out! We've located your email case and informed our Customer Relationships team. We will have a member of this team reach out ASAP to work with you on this. Very best, The Dot & Bo Team

By Service D., Dot & Bo Representative

Hi Jen! We understand that reading negative reviews may make you second guess ordering from us, but we have made several system improvements since last summer and work hard every day to make changes to ensure a more positive customer experience. We're here if you have any further questions or concerns!

By Service D., Dot & Bo Representative

Hi Suzan, Thanks for reaching out! Our Customer Relationships team is happy to look into this for you and can be reached directly here: www.dotandbo.com/contact Very best, The Dot & Bo Team

By Service D., Dot & Bo Representative

Hi Mary, Thanks for reaching out. We'd be happy to check in to your order! Please send a request through our online Help Center at: http://www.dotandbo.com/help and one of our Customer Relationships agents will get back to you as soon as possible!

By Service D., Dot & Bo Representative

Hi Melissa, Thanks for reaching out! I'm very sorry about the confusion around our our shipping charges. Hopefully my explanation can clarify this for you. The surcharge is in addition to the base shipping charge. Shipping surcharges are applied to furniture pieces that are heavy, large, or have angles that make them difficult to maneuver. Larger pieces are often heavier and take longer to move across the country, which means they cost more to ship. For future reference, you can see that information under the header "Shipping Policy" on the item's product page. You may see our base shipping charges by visiting our shipping page at the link below. http://www.dotandbo.com/shipping Please note that these are U.S. shipping charges for the 48 contiguous states. Dot & Bo currently charges an additional fee for packages shipped to Hawaii and Alaska. We're happy to help you navigate your way through our site or answer any other questions you may have, so please don't hesitate to reach out to us through our online help center at: http://www.dotandbo.com/help

By Service D., Dot & Bo Representative

Hi Phil, Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry for the trouble with your daughter's refund! I see that Laura had responded to your e-mail and corrected the issue with the refund. Your daughter's full refund was processed back to her card on March 8th. We're happy to help you navigate your way through our site or answer any other questions you may have, so please don't hesitate to reach out to us through our online help center at: http://www.dotandbo.com/help

By Service D., Dot & Bo Representative

Hi Judy, Thanks for reaching out! We're happy to help. Shipping surcharges are applied to furniture pieces that are heavy, large, or have angles that make them difficult to maneuver. The surcharge is in addition to the base shipping charge. Larger pieces are often heavier and take longer to move across the country, which means they cost more to ship. We hope this information is helpful! Cheers, The Dot & Bo Team

By Service D., Dot & Bo Representative

I called 800-693-9937, pressed 2 for "placing an order" and told the representative I had been trying unsuccessfully to "unsubscribe" to their website but was prevented by a pop up blocker screen. She did it for me immediately and I got an email confirmation within about 1 minute.

By kathy b.

Hi there, Thank you for reaching out. We are an online design shop headquartered in the heart of San Francisco. Thanks for your interest in Dot & Bo. Please feel free to contact us anytime for assistance or for inspiration at service@dotandbo.com! Kind Regards, Dot & Bo Community Management

By Service D., Dot & Bo Representative

Hi Dena! Thank you for taking the time out to share your concerns with us. If you'd like to provide us your order number at your earliest convenience, we're more than happy to check on the status of your order. In the meantime, we're happy to help share how our ordering system and shipping estimates work. When an order is placed online with us, payment is processed and your order is submitted. As we hand-pick special items from all over the world from different artists and designers, we coordinate shipping from a variety of locations. Each piece may ship separately and will have a unique shipping estimate (listed on the item's product page and in the order confirmation email). Once an item is ready to ship, you will receive a confirmation email and tracking number. You may also check on the status of your order at your My Account > My Orders page at any time. Some items may not show a shipping update until they're closer to their estimated shipping window, but rest assured, we are still working on your order. We hope this helps! Thanks for shopping with us at Dot & Bo and have a great rest of your day

By Service D., Dot & Bo Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Dot & Bo staff and other customers.

16 Photos for Dot & Bo