Dot & Bo

Dot & Bo has a consumer rating of 2.72 stars from 221 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Dot & Bo most frequently mention customer service, credit card and phone number problems. Dot & Bo ranks 118th among Discount Shopping sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 42.1%

• I had such a great experience working with Dot & Bo customer service.

• Dot and Bo has no telephone Number listed on their website.
How would you rate Dot & Bo?

“Super Happy!”

Nickie K.
5/9/20

I just received my air conditioner and got it set up! IT WORKS PERFECTLY! I am so happy! It was shipped nicely and I received it much quicker than anticipated. In fact it came early! I will not hesitate to order from Dot & Bo again. Thanks for the speedy delivery during these trying times!

“Horrible or Non-existent Customer Service”

Jonathan E.
4/29/20

Do not shop here! I decided to purchase a $600 outdoor fire table from them later last year. After less than 10 uses and covering it during the winter, the concrete tops are cracked and chipping everywhere. I have tried reaching customer service via email many times with no response to exchange the firepit and buy a more expensive one (spend more money). No response! Nothing! Stick to Wayfair!

customer service (67) phone number (15)
nickiek4
May 9th, 2020
jennifero387
August 1st, 2020
I ordered this shower curtain on July 11th 2020. Received it today August 1st 2020. This shower curtain looks nothing like the one in the picture. Where is the butterfly and the other insect on the shower curtain. What a waste of $26.80 I will be contacting my credit card company. No customer service number to call. It's to late for me to return it.
territ165
August 25th, 2020
I purchased a bedding set in May of 2020. Yes I know we are in the middle of a pandemic however it is now August and I still have not received my item. I have emailed their customer service four times over the last months and received nothing. I cannot return my item for refund since I don't have it and it will not let me cancel. I get that 2020 has certainly been a different type of year but come on. It still shouldn't take this long. Highly dissatisfied
staceys285
December 12th, 2020
I have not opened and assembled my order as of yet. However, the ordering process, communication, and shipment was all outstanding. I sent an email requesting info on shipping and received a follow-up immediately. I highly recommend this company.
nancyr786
August 31st, 2020
I received this trunk back in May. It came broken and extremely cheaply made. The item is extremely large and the box arrived broken so I was unable to return it without a UPS pickup. Basically I lost all my money
lindas2797
November 30th, 2020
Don't remember what I ordered! Maybe including the purchase would help. Have ordered in the past...
leonardh80
January 5th, 2021
Very soft and warm will definitely order again. I will be using this site again. Thank you very much.
josem867
December 8th, 2020
I'm so glad that I purchased my patio dining set it was exactly the way it was describe in your website. The response that I received from your company was fast stay to the point and very professional thank you extremely happy costumer.
jonathane132
April 29th, 2020

Tip for consumers:
Stay away

Products used:
Lillian 56 inch rectangular fire pit

oliviao61
December 30th, 2020
Loveeeee it. It's bright colors, very vivid. My four year old son also loves it. He loves to show it off. It is very beautiful, Ten outta ten recommend.
ericb1133
October 24th, 2020
It is exactly what I wanted! I will be ordering from this site again. Thank you very much...
camillec87
October 16th, 2020
It was easy and it came quickly. It was what I was looking for and couldn't find any much better than this.
timk329
March 25th, 2020
They show stuff for sale even though they do not have it in stock. They take forever to get back to you. Additionally, they offer products showing things like real leather when it is faux leather. Stay away! Also, I called their phone number from their website and I got hung up on. Then the person said I had a wrong number and hung up again.
amym1072
January 29th, 2020
I ordered shelves and they charged me two days later. After not receiving the merchandise for almost three weeks, I emailed them twice asking about an estimated ship date. Then I got an e-mail saying that they cancelled my order. I e-mailed them back asking when I will get my refund and NO RESPONSE. I had to DISPUTE the charges on my credit card because I never heard from them. NEVER BUY FROM HERE THEY ARE SCAMMERS
barbm68
November 7th, 2018
I was going to order from overstock, however Dot and Bo beat the price by $80.00 a piece. This saved me almost $150.00. I ordered Barstools that were exactly what I wanted. Very nice quality along with speedy delivery. Very happy all around.
Barb Meyers
leeb605
July 27th, 2020
They made me wait two weeks to let me know that they couldn't fulfill the order because they didn't have enough inventory. What is that? They obviously had a shipping container coming over, and knew how many pieces they had in advance. I bought it through facebook, so maybe they decided to sell more of them direct and not pay facebook a commission, or however that works. I just know that in the end, I sat excitedly awaiting my new desk chair, and now have to start all over again. I'd never order from these people again, and you shouldn't either.
carlec
April 23rd, 2016
Thank you so much! I had such a great experience working with Dot & Bo customer service. Your products are high quality and desirable and your customer service is exceptional. I have never worked with anyone so open and amenable to my concerns and so quick to act! You can be sure I will continue to visit and purchase from your site. Again, thank you so much for making this an enjoyable shopping experience.
debbiem98
August 17th, 2016
I thought I was looking for a flat basket tray but saw your box and bought it. It is perfect! I put some felt dots on the bottom so it wouldn't scratch my glass table but it keeps all necessities handy and not strewn all over. Thanks! See photo!
serviced
Service D. – Dot & Bo Rep
Hi Debbie!

Thanks so much for reaching out! We're thrilled to hear that you love your new Desk Organizer!

Please let us know if there's anything else that we can assist you with. We're happy to help!

Warm regards,
The Dot & Bo Team
vickib20
September 26th, 2015
I purchased the Tall Marra Pedestal Table and received it several days before expected- which made me very happy. The table is excellent quality and flawless. Looks amazing in my living room! Easy to put together... they even provided a handy little tool and matching numbers on the legs and table which made it foolproof. Perfect process in the purchase, shipping and follow up by Dot & Bo.
catherineh37
January 15th, 2016
My order for six chairs came promptly. When one of them was defective customer service immediately reacted and is sending a replacement that will arrive in time for the holidays, which was the reason for the purchase. I am beyond impressed and, as a professional interior designer, I can definitely HIGHLY recommend this company.
cortneyb3
December 24th, 2015
I had an order cancelled before Christmas. I called them to find out what happened and was told the manufacturer Didn't have enough to fulfill orders. Customer service was very nice. I have ordered from them before without issue. Nevertheless... 20 minutes after hanging up with them... They sent me a credit worth more than the item I was going to purchase. I would say that's amazing customer service. I certainly didn't expect it nor did I ask for it. Give dotandbo a chance to provide great customer service and you won't be disappointed.
mistyk33
March 12th, 2020
We ordered a couch that we were going to use in our boutique for a TV/sitting area. A month after we ordered it I got a notification stating they were canceling the order with no explanation why. Now we've missed opportunities to buy other couches that would have worked for us. Not happy at all!
jasonl78
July 19th, 2015
After countless AOL Searches and browsing the overwhelming number of Amazon and Overstock options, I've finally found a site which has just the right number of options to review with very competitive pricing. I love how they categorize their furniture by themes to help take a lot of unnecessary sifting out of my day. My first purchase was a smaller version of the green glass lamps pictured which I returned because they were too small. I was able to discover that the original manufacturer had created larger versions and asked Dot & Bo if they could add to their site and I made a very happy exchange!

Tip for consumers:
Well worth becoming a free subscriber to at least see what's available.

karlyk2
September 28th, 2017
I got one of my products and like it, however I had an issue with shipping and customer service. When I ordered, it said it would take 15+ days to arrive. I'm in the process of moving, and put my new address thinking it would be delivered there in that time-frame. Instead, it was scheduled to arrive within 3 days of me ordering it. No big deal, I'll change the shipping address.

Except, no, you can't do that with the way they ship it. See since it comes from a seller, FedEx requires that the seller update the address. Again, seems like an easy fix, I'll just call them and have it changed.

But, no again, Dot & Bo (or Open Sky, depending on where you look), does not have a phone number, so you have to contact them via email. Their email ensures a response in 1-2 days. Not good for a time sensitive issue.

Long story short, I received one of my items only because they were able to hold it at a FedEx location and I had to go there to pick it up. I have no idea if I'll see my other package, because it was delivered to the new address and no one (not Dot and Bo, not FedEx, and not USPS, who were all involved) was able to help me. Changing a shipping address should not be this much hassle, especially when I started the process over a week ago.
alixa4
May 3rd, 2015
I love shopping Dot & Bo. I like that it is as if they selected all the products I love and put them in one place. Often other online stores that sell interior decor are laden with thousands and thousands of products that I would never buy. But Dot & Bo offers a great curated experience with daily collections that make you see shopping in a different way!

Hi Simona, Thanks for reaching out! We've located your email case and informed our Customer Relationships team. We will have a member of this team reach out ASAP to work with you on this. Very best, The Dot & Bo Team

See more answers (8)

Hi Jen! We understand that reading negative reviews may make you second guess ordering from us, but we have made several system improvements since last summer and work hard every day to make changes to ensure a more positive customer experience. We're here if you have any further questions or concerns!

See more answers (3)

Hi Suzan, Thanks for reaching out! Our Customer Relationships team is happy to look into this for you and can be reached directly here: www.dotandbo.com/contact Very best, The Dot & Bo Team

See more answers (2)

Hi Mary, Thanks for reaching out. We'd be happy to check in to your order! Please send a request through our online Help Center at: http://www.dotandbo.com/help And one of our Customer Relationships agents will get back to you as soon as possible!

See more answers (2)

Hi Melissa, Thanks for reaching out! I'm very sorry about the confusion around our our shipping charges. Hopefully my explanation can clarify this for you. The surcharge is in addition to the base shipping charge. Shipping surcharges are applied to furniture pieces that are heavy, large, or have angles that make them difficult to maneuver. Larger pieces are often heavier and take longer to move across the country, which means they cost more to ship. For future reference, you can see that information under the header "Shipping Policy" on the item's product page. You may see our base shipping charges by visiting our shipping page at the link below. http://www.dotandbo.com/shipping Please note that these are U.S. shipping charges for the 48 contiguous states. Dot & Bo currently charges an additional fee for packages shipped to Hawaii and Alaska. We're happy to help you navigate your way through our site or answer any other questions you may have, so please don't hesitate to reach out to us through our online help center at: http://www.dotandbo.com/help

See more answers (2)

Hi Phil, Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry for the trouble with your daughter's refund! I see that Laura had responded to your e-mail and corrected the issue with the refund. Your daughter's full refund was processed back to her card on March 8th. We're happy to help you navigate your way through our site or answer any other questions you may have, so please don't hesitate to reach out to us through our online help center at: http://www.dotandbo.com/help

See more answers (2)

Hi Judy, Thanks for reaching out! We're happy to help. Shipping surcharges are applied to furniture pieces that are heavy, large, or have angles that make them difficult to maneuver. The surcharge is in addition to the base shipping charge. Larger pieces are often heavier and take longer to move across the country, which means they cost more to ship. We hope this information is helpful! Cheers, The Dot & Bo Team

By Service D.,

I called 800-693-9937, pressed 2 for "placing an order" and told the representative I had been trying unsuccessfully to "unsubscribe" to their website but was prevented by a pop up blocker screen. She did it for me immediately and I got an email confirmation within about 1 minute.

By kathy b.

Hi there, Thank you for reaching out. We are an online design shop headquartered in the heart of San Francisco. Thanks for your interest in Dot & Bo. Please feel free to contact us anytime for assistance or for inspiration at service@dotandbo.com! Kind Regards, Dot & Bo Community Management

By Service D.,

Hi Dena! Thank you for taking the time out to share your concerns with us. If you'd like to provide us your order number at your earliest convenience, we're more than happy to check on the status of your order. In the meantime, we're happy to help share how our ordering system and shipping estimates work. When an order is placed online with us, payment is processed and your order is submitted. As we hand-pick special items from all over the world from different artists and designers, we coordinate shipping from a variety of locations. Each piece may ship separately and will have a unique shipping estimate (listed on the item's product page and in the order confirmation email). Once an item is ready to ship, you will receive a confirmation email and tracking number. You may also check on the status of your order at your My Account > My Orders page at any time. Some items may not show a shipping update until they're closer to their estimated shipping window, but rest assured, we are still working on your order. We hope this helps! Thanks for shopping with us at Dot & Bo and have a great rest of your day

By Service D.,

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Dot & Bo staff and other customers.

Shop modern furniture and home d̩cor for every room in your home, ranging in style from mid-century to industrial to bohemian and more. All up to 60% off.

serviced
Service D.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dot & Bo?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

2.7
Have a question about Dot & Bo?