Review of Dot & Bo

San Francisco, CA 94103, US
press@dotandbo.com

elisel4
2/21/16

Here is what I am thinking after my first review:

To sum up: I cancel an order less than 24 hours after ordering a 2112$ console.
After 10 days of frustration and emails with dotandbo, they canceled the order and they gave me a refund.
BUT....Since the order was apparently already "processed" when I canceled it, I have to pay for the SHIPPING, and TWICE!!! which is more than 600$!!

I ask my bank when Dot and Bo placed the order and took those 2112$.....it was 3 days after I cancel my freaking order. My order was not processed until that time.

So, Dotandbo: you are really unprofessional and far from being customer oriented.
Telling that I have been frustrated with this experience is an understatement.

It took you less than 24 hours to have my order "processed" (and there is no proof of that) but it took you more than one week to cancel an order. We live in a world where we can communicate fast with email, text, phone..
So, get your $#*! together and don't bull$#*! your customer.
I'm not paying more than 600$ for the shipping of an order that I cancel in time.

Moreover, I read some of the reviews on your company (which are the majority by the way). The exact same situation happened already. Your answer to this customer was that you would improve your service. Apparently, nothing changes since then...

Response from Service D., Dot & Bo Representative
Hi Elise,

Thank you for taking the time to share your honest feedback. We apologize for this less than idea expereince and want to assure you it’s the last thing we want for our valued customers such as yourself.
We want confirm that your order has been canceled and your refund has been processed as requested. We appreciate your patience as our team worked to resolve this.

We understand this has been a frustrating experience to say the least, and for that we cannot apologize enough. We have applied a credit to your Dot & Bo account (in addition to the refund to your credit card) to put towards your next order with us as a token of our goodwill and sincere apologies for this less-than-perfect experience.

As always, we here to help. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns at all.

cyndin2
2/20/16

R486701435! Terrible customer service!

Response from Service D., Dot & Bo Representative
Hi Cyndi! We're so sorry to hear you feel this way and apologize for any frustrations with our shipping times. The pieces in your orders had delivery estimates of the first week of March and were on track. However, we appreciate your time and have cancelled the orders upon your request. Thank you again for sharing your honest feedback. Please let us know if there’s anything else we can help you with.

vf11
2/12/16

I ordered a copper alloy occasional table which I was very excited about. I'd been looking for a copper table for ages. When I received it, it was a cheap metal table painted with copper spray paint. I paid $135.45 for the table and freight. When I contacted vendor to return I was told there is restocking and freight charges. Everything has to be done within 14 days or "no soap". My credit will be $72.05. How about that? Expensive lesson. I will not use this vendor again.

Tip for consumers: Think twice before ordering with Dot and Bo.

Response from Service D., Dot & Bo Representative
Hi Virginia,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your honest feedback. We apologize that our copper alloy table did not meet exceptions and for any frustrations with our return policy. Our 14 day return policy is here for your reference. http://www.dotandbo.com/help/general#general-02

This means you have a full 14 days to determine whether or not a new item is a perfect fit for your space. If you decide for any reason you’re not in love, contact us within 14 days of delivery so we can facilitate the return. We apologize for any misunderstandings.

We hope that credit provided by our rep will help us in proving you with a night and day expereince if you ever decide to give us another shot.

denisew36
2/7/16

We purchased some chairs (the plastic molded knock offs) from Dot & Bo in May 2015. The chairs arrived timely which was nice but one of the chairs was broken upon arrival. It didn't break in shipping, it was clearly broken when packed. They sent a new base for the chair. All was fine until November(ish) when both chairs we purchased started wobbling. I wrote to their customer service in January and was basically told "too bad, there is nothing we can do because it is over 48 hours of purchase". Okay, how many folks have purchased furniture with a 48 hours warranty. Does a chair even become "broken in" within 48 hours? I am really discouraged because I could have paid more money for the real deal but went with this company because a friend recommended and because of the reasonable price (still $400 almost). Now I am out the money and I have to buy more expensive (and reliable) chairs for our office. To say I am frustrated is an understand - I am very discouraged from poor customer service to crap products.

Response from Service D., Dot & Bo Representative
Hi Denise,

We apologize for this frustrating experience. We do have a 48-hour notification policy in regards to damaged or defective orders, as referenced on our Returns page here:

Unfortunately, we are unable to accept a return of this piece for a replacement or a refund, as too much time has gone by. We have added credit to your Dot & Bo account.

Again, we’re so sorry for any inconvenience. Thank you again for your feedback and have a great day!

Kind Regards,
debh19
2/3/16

A sofa I ordered for a vacation home was sat on three times and one leg collapsed underneath. It did not fall within the 48 hour defective policy so we could not return it. They did refund 20 % to repair it. It was not even worth repairing and went to the dump. An $800 lesson learned! I also had ordered 5 items in mid November, 4 of the items had to be tracked down by me. One was discontinued, one arrived after it was cancelled, two others arrived 6 and 8 weeks later. The record player I ordered had a defective AC power adapter again did not fall within the 48 hour defective policy. Don't order anything from this site!

Response from Service D., Dot & Bo Representative
Hi Debra,

We sincerely appreciate our customers feedback about what we can do to improve the Dot & Bo experience. As a young company, we are always looking for feedback on where we need to focus our efforts.

We apologize for this less than ideal experience and are sorry the credit/refund provided are not enough.

Thank you for caring enough to share your thoughts with us. You have provided us with valuable insight, which is always appreciated. We hope that you give us another chance in the future.

We hope you have a nice day and would to thank you for your interest in Dot & Bo.

sonjyal
1/31/16

I placed an order for several items on 12/25/15, as of today 1/28/16 still have not shipped. According to my order receipt I was supposed to receive the item tomorrow, hard to do when they haven't shipped. They did however charge my credit card fully on 12/25. I called today and demanded a full refund, was assured it would be put through. Tonight I receive an email that all of a sudden my order shipped today and can no longer be canceled or refunded, shame on them. Oh and some of my order isn't included in the shipped items do where is the rest? BAD COMPANY DONT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM, I WILL NEVER AGAIN!!

Update to my order, they cancelled one item in my order without asking me if I still wanted it, I did as it was a gift. I assumed they ran out of that item, NO they still have it in stock so why was it cancelled from my order and not shipped? They charged me in full a month ago and now they don't have the courtesy to ask before cancelling part of an order I have been waiting a month for.

Update 2 they answered but said I canceled item, not. They said they shipped the items due to be delivered February 2 but the item they cancelled was one of those items. My review stands.

Tip for consumers: Don't use them

Response from Service D., Dot & Bo Representative
Hi Sonjya,

Thank you for taking the time to share your honest feedback. We apologize for this frustrating experience and want to assure you it’s the last way we want any of our customers to feel. The pieces in your order had estimated arrivals of 01/26-02/02 as detailed on the product page, add to cart, and confirmation email. They are track to be delivered 02/03. We sincerely apologize our estimate was off by 1 day.

Because the pieces had already shipped in accordance to their delivery estimates, we were unable to cancel as requested. The piece cancelled was cancelled at your request. We couldn’t cancel the other pieces because they had shipped, so we cancelled the one item we could. We apologize if we misunderstood. It wasn’t our intention to cause further frustrations. We are here to assist you in the best way possible.

jenniferp91
1/31/16

On December 14, 2015 I bought a chair for 540.00 plus shipping. This and other stores were having great sales. But I went with this store due to liking the teal color of the chair. On December 24 after most of the good Christmas sales were done they canceled my order. Dot and Bo then gave me a 30 dollar credit and told me about other chairs in a similar style different colors. The other chairs that I saw cost 999.00. When I requested that they honor the holiday price the company said that they were unable to do that.

Response from Service D., Dot & Bo Representative
Hi Jennifer,

We want to sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that arose from the delay in notifying you of the discontinuation of the Paddington Deux Lounge Set. We see that the order placed on 12/14 was canceled on December 24th, and we sent out a notification that afternoon. We're truly sorry that this item was discontinued by the designer.

Thank you for caring enough to share your thoughts with us. You have provided us with valuable insight, which is always appreciated. We hope you have a nice day and I’d like to thank you for your interest in Dot & Bo.

Kind Regards,
revah2
1/29/16

In late November 2015, I ordered and paid for a bed. Once I was noticed that it was to be delivered, I waited another few weeks. When it was delivered, the carton was clearly marked 2 of 3. The delivery guys, of course, know nothing. I call Dot & Bo and am told they are looking into it with the shipper. After email and calls, I am told I have to wait for them to investigate. At this point, I am not willing to wait. They have over $750 for an item that I have not received. I guess I have to dispute with my credit card company and go through that ordeal. Terrible experience. Would never order or you strongly suggest no one else does. Lots of customers with the same experience here.

Response from Service D., Dot & Bo Representative
Hi Reva,

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and cannot apologize for this less than ideal delivery expereince. On January 22nd 2016, our shipping partner delivered 1 out of 3 boxes. As soon as we received your call, our Customer Relationship rep escalated this order with our operations team to get to the bottom of things. Unfortunately, our shipping partner reported the remaining boxes lost. This has been noted and corrective action will be taken. On January 28th, 2016 at 2:14 PM PST, we processed a full refund which should post to your account in 5-7 business days. That same day at 3:07 PM PST we followed up to confirm a pick up with Pilot Freight services has been scheduled. Again, this is not the type of experience we want for our valued customers such as yourself. We hope you can accept our sincerest apologies.
shellyf14
1/16/16

I placed an order for several different items on 11/15/15. Most of the items were to be Christmas gifts. Dates in December were listed in the confirmation email indicating tge items would becteceived early to mid December. Fine. As the dates came and went I contacted the company looking to resolve whatever was holding up delivery. As time passes and I checked status of my order I noticed that each time I looked online the delivery dates were either different or there was no estimated date at all - very odd. I was told that there was a problem with one item so I asked to have the rest of the order sent as they were presents. I was told they would look into it and get back to me which did not happen before Christmas. I then received an email indicating I'd gotten a credit from the company for a cancellation. After that, I was emailed that the item for which there were issues had been cancelled because it had been put in the system with incorrect pricing. My other items once again had delivery dates associated to them. I have still yet to receive any of my items and upon checking my order just now see that the delivery dates are again blank and the status is not yet shipped. This is the worst online ordering experience I have ever had and I will never order from Dot and Bo again. The folks I spoke with were nice, hence 2 stars.

Response from Service D., Dot & Bo Representative
Hi Sharon,

We’re so sorry to hear this and want to assure you it’s the last possible expereince we want for our valued customers such as yourself. We apologize for this frustrating expereince and want to help. Have you reached out to service@dotandbo.com about this?

Our Customer relationship reps are available to better assist at service@dotandbo.com and 1 (800) 693-9937.

Very Best,

joshb77
1/16/16

I ordered 3 Whitestone Pendant Lamps ($149.99 each) and a Friends and Family Dining Table ($973.99). The items arrive in late April, 2015. As we were undergoing a kitchen renovation, we stored the items in our living room. The items were installed/put to use in September, 2015. In January 2016 I noticed that two of the lamps had begun to change color, developing large black "splotches" thus reducing the light output and completely changing the appearance of the lamps. These black spots are growing in size. One lamp has not developed a spot. The dining table is described on the website as having a "Walnut Veneer." Around the holidays, I noticed that the "veneer" is actually a plastic wrap because it is bubbling up, peeling and cracking in two spots on opposite sides of the table. I contacted Dot & Bo Customer service to report these failing and defective products, seeking a refund. I was told by Jessica that because I didn't report the damage within 48 hours of receiving the products, that I was not entitled to a refund. They offered to provide me a store credit of 30% of the total spend. Clearly these are defective products that are failing. No reasonable person would expect these products to fail in such a short time frame. However, Dot & Bo will not stand by these defective products they sold.

This week, Dot & Bo agreed to replace the defective lamp shades, agreeing that they should not have failed so rapidly after purchase. Unfortunately, they will not apply the same logic to replacing/reimbursing me for the defective table.

Response from Service D., Dot & Bo Representative
Hi Josh,

We appreciate you following up and bringing this to our attention. Because the table was delivered back in April, we’re unfortunately not able to accept a return for it. The product page for this piece lists materials as “walnut veneer, stainless steel.” This information is at the bottom of every product under “Product Information.” We want our customers to make as informed purchases as possible and we sincerely apologize for any confusion.

We want to confirm replacement shades for the lamps will be en route to you soon. That damage should not have happened- especially after such a short amount of time As our rep followed up to say on 1/17 at 9:50 AM, this is a one-time exception and typically we are not able to process replacements months after use.

We hope you can accept our sincerest apologies. We also hope if you ever decide to give us another shot, the credit provided to your Dot & Bo account will help us provide a night/day experience.

catherineh37
1/15/16

My order for six chairs came promptly. When one of them was defective customer service immediately reacted and is sending a replacement that will arrive in time for the holidays, which was the reason for the purchase. I am beyond impressed and, as a professional interior designer, I can definitely HIGHLY recommend this company.

timb106
1/15/16

When I opened the box, the incorrect number of items was in the shipment. Mistakes happen. I contacted Dot & Bo and their customer service was prompt and helpful. They gave me a $10 credit and processed the order for the missing item. It took approximately 3-4 weeks to receive that item. I then used the credit to make another purchase. This time the completely wrong item arrived 3-4 weeks later. This was purchased as a X-mas gift, so I was anxious to correct the issue. I contacted Dot & Bo customer service and they placed a correct order for me and gave me another $10 credit. The problem was that I had to wait another 4 weeks for the item, which was well past the Holiday. This was not some type of exotic, custom made item, where these types of shipping delays are expected. I am writing this review today, which is the last day of the "estimated" delivery and I have not received a shipment notification. I am not sure if this item will ever arrive. I will not be using my $10 credit and I will not be using this site again. It turns out you can find a lot of the items on Dot & Bo on other websites.

Response from Service D., Dot & Bo Representative
Hi Tim,

We feel terrible that this has been your experience with us so far – it has truly been one issue after another, and that is not the customer experience that you deserve.

The shipment is still on its way to you, but we have issued you a full refund for the mirror. This one is on us!

We have also replaced the $10 credit that you used on the mirror in your Dot & Bo account, if you would like to use that again at some point. Though we know that you are very frustrated (and rightly so!), we hope to have the chance to offer you a much better experience in the near future.

cortneyb3
12/24/15

I had an order cancelled before Christmas. I called them to find out what happened and was told the manufacturer Didn't have enough to fulfill orders. Customer service was very nice. I have ordered from them before without issue. Nevertheless ...20 minutes after hanging up with them... They sent me a credit worth more than the item I was going to purchase. I would say that's amazing customer service. I certainly didn't expect it nor did I ask for it. Give dotandbo a chance to provide great customer service and you won't be disappointed.

rachelf27
12/18/15

I purchased some items for Christmas before Thanksgiving taking advantage of the sales that kept popping up in my email. I purchased from several different companies even though I am traditionally an Amazon user. I took notice of the varied shipment schedules and kept an eye on my purchases. As I started receiving the purchases, I noticed that the shipment schedule for a specific item changed from the original dates to not having any dates listed at all. I emailed customer service to make sure that the item was still going to be shipped and why the website changed. I was told they would look into it but it would take a couple of days. (Really? Do you not have computers and phones?) So a couple of days later I checked in again through email, their choice of communication. I was told that they were still waiting on information from the warehouses and it would take a few more days. Still? No information on why there weren't dates listed. I called customer service and their immediate response was to ask if I wanted to cancel my order. No, I want to know when it will be delivered and why it doesn't have any dates listed. Still will take a few days to figure this out.
Later that day, I received an email from customer service that they had JUST DISCOVERED that my order from a month ago was discontinued and that they had gone ahead and cancelled my order. 2 days from the time it was supposed to arrive, 4 weeks after I ordered. 1 week after I started asking questions. Discontinued??? Horrible customer service and all of the nice words in the world will not answer the simple question I asked which was, do you have this item or not. Learned my lesson and will NOT be using Dot and Bo again. As to their excuse that it;s a busy season, I would suggest that online shoppers use Amazon OR One Kings Lane which I had extremely great service with. No excuses from them and prompt, helpful responses unlike the ridiculousness at Dot & Bo.

Response from Service D., Dot & Bo Representative
Hi Rachel,

We want to confirm that we have processed a full refund on 12/16 and you should see it back on your card in the next few days (each bank’s timeline for processing refunds is different, but we have processed it on our end).

We cannot apologize enough for how your order as been affected and for any inconveniences during this hectic time. We publish the latest inventory information we get from our designers, but clearly have room to improve. It’s a top priority to continue developing a foolproof infrastructure that allows us to maintain and communicate the correct inventory levels for all our pieces.

This shopping experience you’ve had with us has been less than ideal and not what we want for our valued customers such as yourself. We take these issues with the utmost seriousness and rally all resources around them to mitigate future instances.

Thank you again for bringing this to our attention. We hope you can accept our sincerest apologies.

barbarab109
12/1/15

Per the Dot & Bo website, cancellations are honored if done within 24 hours. I immediately cancelled my order within 4 hours. Received an email recognizing my cancellation, I checked the website where it said processing, wrote to customer service again and said to CANCEL the order before anything was shipped. Excuse from customer service was the office wasn't open, but their warehouses and other offices were open 24/7 and they couldn't officially cancel--might take 3 days. Within 24 hours, they shipped and ignored the cancellation request. If they can accept an order, respond that they recognize the cancellation within the time frame, then it should be cancelled. This is a CON to ship before remediation/cancellations of the order is done.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT ORDER. Their online promise is a lie.

Response from Service D., Dot & Bo Representative
Thank you so much for taking the time share your honest feedback. We recognize this has been a frustrating experience for you and we cannot apologize enough. It’s the last type of experience we want for our valued customers such as yourself.

Our cancellation policy reads as follows, "If you change your mind and decide to cancel your order, please notify us within 24 hours of placing it. If the order has not been processed, we can honor the request and refund your payment in full.” Our office was closed on Thanksgiving in observance of the holiday, so we apologize for the delay in acknowledging your cancellation. We see now we should be more clear in our policy in how it’s affected by holidays.

Our main office was closed for the holiday weekend meaning our operations department was not in the office to cancel the order. As a young start up, it’s a top priority to automate this cancellation process.

We want to do what’s best for you and appreciate your patience as we’ve worked to resolve this. We can confirm that the order has been rerouted via FedEx.

mattv8
11/25/15

I wish I had checked here first before ordering. The one star reviews are spot on. Delayed shipping, untimely and unreasonable shipping dates, but quick and timely money withdrawal are all key attributes to this "new and upcoming" business profile. I placed an order on 11/15, and I supposedly have a pillow lost somewhere in space, seeing as how it was expected yesterday, based on the shipping status.

My other items have yet to ship and have "expected shipped dates"--not arrival dates (d&b speak) of December 15.

I want my items--that's why I shopped here- unique items that I wanted to PURCHASE not browse, buy and get a refund back.

My advise:

1. Don't purchase.
2. Don't purchase if you want to give it as a gift and need it in a timely manner (think of months as timely with these folks)
3. Do not purchase clearance sale items--they receive many orders, make promises they can't keep in terms of shipping times.
4. Avoid dot and bow but look at their pictures to get ideas (kind of like a Pinterest that you know COULD be purchased....but nah)
5. Avoid their growing pains--other services and companies do it better.

raycined
11/20/15

I am really enjoying being able to hear all of my old record albums again! My new turntable from Dot & Bo is so cute, portable, and fun to use. The sound is great also! I highly recommend this player. It is a good quality product at a reasonable price.

michaelc227
11/15/15

I've purchased 5 items from Dot & Bo. A wall clock, a side table, a lamp & 2 large cabinets. I'm extremely pleased with all my purchases. I don't see what Dot & Bo could do better. Delivery times for items for items are reasonable and I'm very pleased with what I've received so far!

Many Thanks!
Michael Colletti

denisew33
11/11/15

I ordered a pillow from Dot and Bo in May. I was told they would send a delivery message and tracking number when the item was shipped. By July no delivery, so I contacted customer service and asked about the delivery date. They were prompt with a response and gave me a date. When that date passed I contacted CS again and was told the delivery would now be in September. I checked the D&B website and noticed the pillow I had ordered was now advertised for $10 less than what I purchased it for and with an estimated delivery date earlier than the one I was given for mine purchased in May. Once again I contacted their CS and was told that they would give me a $15 credit for a future order. I asked again for a refund since I would never buy anything from this site again. Did not hear a response back but the credit for a future purchase appeared on my Dot and Bo account. I periodically checked on the delivery status of the item and saw that the ship date kept being pushed back, now finally to December. I suppose six months is my limit so I decided to give up and ask for a refund. As usual the response was quick and stated that I would get a full refund within 10 days. We shall see but they have had my money for six months. What a pretty deal for them.

Tip for consumers: DON'T

Response from Service D., Dot & Bo Representative
Hi Denise,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. We have one chance to make a good first impression and we blew it. We cannot apologize enough for the lapse in communication. We want to confirm that order was refunded in full on 11/08/2015. We hope that you will forgive this unusual circumstance.

The overall shopping experience you’ve had with us is far from ideal, and a huge example of where we need to improve our services for our valued customers such as yourself moving forward. This is something we will be going over with our management team at the next appropriate meeting. Thank you again for taking the time to provide your feedback.

gonzaloh11
11/10/15

Not learning from my troubled order with Dot & Bo, my partner ordered two ceramic pots from them.
They arrived fairly on time but in a dozen of pieces, both. In a box with a big Dot & Bo label, wrapped like if they were metal with just a thin layer of paper around.
Again, Do & Boo, even though they came from a vendor in Noth Carolina, you should know what you are re-selling and how it is handled.
My partner sent pictures and asked for his money back. Good luck with that, I said to him. He just told me that he recieved an apologetic message from Tammy. He's going to recieved his refund in ten days, she said.

Gonzalo

Response from Service D., Dot & Bo Representative
Hi Gonzalo,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your honest feedback. We cannot apologize enough for the delay that affected your order. Our records show 2 emails were sent you in regards to your order inquires.

The first one from 9/30 reads-

“Your order for a Blades of Grass Organizer, placed on SEP. 19, 2015 has an estimated arrival between Oct 06 and Oct 13. For future reference, you can find this information on the product page of any item, as well as in your order confirmation email.
My records show that your order is still on track for delivery within that time frame. When the item does ship, you will receive a shipping confirmation via email with the tracking number included for your convenience. I hope this helps!”

On Oct. 22nd we followed up to say-

"We now anticipate we’ll be able to deliver this piece around November 3rd to November 10th. Will this new delivery time work for you?"

Our reps were eagerly awaiting a response so we know how to proceed. We have no records of a rep emailing to you saying an order can’t be changed. We want nothing more than to assist you and we apologize for any misunderstandings. The piece was delivered 11/06 and we hope you love it as much as we do!

Best,

rogern18
11/1/15

I've been getting those BEAUTIFULLY crafted emails for a couple of years.
1) About a year ago, I ordered two sliver-trimmed cocktail glasses. Not terribly expensive, but costly enough. When they arrived, I didn't open the package for over two weeks, as I was on the road for work. The silver plate had overspray on the side of the glass. It was permanent, and not attractive. Really poor quality. I didn't bother to go to the trouble to return them. If I had, I would not have made mistake #2, a subsequent, BIG order.
2) In late August, I ordered the Sterling couch in black. It is a regular item in the inventory. It was allegedly on sale for half price. Actually, that is always the price, and they manipulate the In Stock inventory to ramp up demand. The Sterling couch is a thing of Mid-Century Modern beauty. It is stunning to look at.
Trouble was, it took me five weeks to get a look at it. Shipping was $200, which seemed high, compared to other internet vendors' 0-$100 fee for similar service.
When the couch arrived, it was a thing of beauty. Style to the max. However, it was not padded enough, anywhere, for any level of comfort. The seats were almost hard, and gave way after an hour of sitting. If I moved over, I'd find a comfy spot, until it settled in. So, move again after the first place regained its spring. The back of the couch had a horizontal top board that was so lacking padding that it caused pain and light bruising of my shoulder blades. SO beautiful, yet, so useless.
I took advantage of the 30 day return policy. Little did I know that the policy would take care of me. While I got a prompt Partial Refund, I was hit with a $200 return shipping fee. Almost unconscionable. Customer service was perfunctory and unmoved by my complaints on the costs. Of course, after the fourth email, they pointed to the return language buried deep in the bowels of the website.
The Partial Refund was all I was to get.
Be absolutely sure that a return will not be needed, or you WILL PAY.
I am 0 for 2 with Dot & Bo. I've unsubscribed from their beautiful emails. Life goes on.

UPDATE:
Given my penchant for persistence and petulance, I was awarded a $100 store credit at Dot & Bo. I'm inclined to use the credit, BUT, it specifically excludes shipping costs, so, if that $100-ish item is not satisfactory, I'm on the hook for shipping BOTH ways. I'll give it a try, because I'm nothing if not a good sport. But, believe that I will monitor and examine all the contingencies of this next transaction very closely. And, I will report.

Response from Service D., Dot & Bo Representative
Hi Roger,

Thank you for taking the time share your constructive feedback and expereince. We sincerely apologize that the Sterling Couch was uncomfortable for you and for any misunderstandings in regards to our shipping policy.

We strive to be as transparent as possible about our shipping costs, in addition to providing the best product cost as possible. Rather than inflate your product price to include shipping, we separate those costs.

Larger pieces like a sofa have a surcharge on top of the regular shipping charge. Shipping surcharges are applied to furniture pieces that are heavy, large, or have angles that make them difficult to maneuver. Larger pieces are often heavier and take longer to move across the country, which means they cost more to ship.

You may see our base shipping charges by visiting our shipping page at the link here: http://www.dotandbo.com/shipping
We’ll be sure to submit the feedback that you found the shipping policy hard to find with the appropriate department. We appreciate your feedback as it’s invaluable as we strive to improve for our valued customers such as yourself.

alinaf2
10/29/15

I ordered several items on September 21. As of October 26, half of my order still hadn't shipped.I contacted Dot & Bo on October 9 requesting a status update, and while their customer service was very polite, I did not get any real information about the cause of the delay. On October 15, I got another email from customer service that my order was expected to ship "in the next few days." Obviously, it has not. I have requested my order be cancelled.

Response from Service D., Dot & Bo Representative
Hi Alina,

Thank you so much for taking the time share your expereince and for bringing this to our attention.

We cannot apologize enough the delay you’ve experienced with your order. As a young company rapidly growing, we’re currently transitioning warehouses to better assist our valued customers such as yourself. Unfortunately, a few orders did get caught in the transition and for that, there’s no excuse. We truly apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and hope that you’ll forgive this unusual circumstance. It couldn’t be farther from the type of experience we want for our customers.

We want to confirm confirm that your order for has been canceled and your refund is in process. The refund should be reflected on your bank statement within 10 days (it sometimes takes the bank a few days to update).

Again, we cannot apologize enough for this inconvenience and appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

catherinec33
10/16/15

Every time I get a new item from Dot & Bo , they always add a bit of charm and personality to my home

michelec21
10/10/15

I work with lot of old documents that have faded over the years so I need a magnifying glass often. This little gym is perfectly functional and so beautiful, I can leave it sitting out all the time. I couldn't be happier!

nancyk36
10/9/15

We ordered on Aug. 22 a couch and chair. The email confirmation of the order said the order would arrive between Sept. 24 and Oct. 5. On September 22, I emailed customer service asking for a status update. On Sept. 24 I emailed customer service saying we were going to contact our credit card company if we didn't hear back. I got an email response within three hours and was told later that day the items were shipped. According to the tracking information I eventually got, they didn't ship until Sept. 29. Still waiting. Oh, and they charged our credit card on AUGUST 23 for items that didn't ship until more than a month later. If shipping estimates are correct now (I'm not holding my breath) we might have the couch and chair by October 16. If there had been any way to cancel this order and get our money back, I would do it in a heartbeat.

Tip for consumers: I'd just say DON'T DO IT!!!

Response from Service D., Dot & Bo Representative
Hi Nancy,

Thank you for taking the time to share your honest feedback. We apologize for this frustrating expereince.

We also apologize for the the delay in your chair and sofa shipping, and have taken corrective action with the designer of this piece. It looks like our shipping company was waiting for a delayed in piece of your shipment to arrive, so they could make one delivery. You should be hearing from the shipping company any moment now to schedule delivery. We are also reviewing our freight shipping options at this time as well.

As a younger company, we are working to improve our shipping/notifications of delay for ourselves and our valued customers such as yourself. Again, thank you for caring enough to share your thoughts with us. We hope that you’ll love your new pieces as much as we do.

Dot & Bo Community Management

Hi Simona, Thanks for reaching out! We've located your email case and informed our Customer Relationships team. We will have a member of this team reach out ASAP to work with you on this. Very best, The Dot & Bo Team

By Service D., Dot & Bo Representative

Hi Jen! We understand that reading negative reviews may make you second guess ordering from us, but we have made several system improvements since last summer and work hard every day to make changes to ensure a more positive customer experience. We're here if you have any further questions or concerns!

By Service D., Dot & Bo Representative

Hi Suzan, Thanks for reaching out! Our Customer Relationships team is happy to look into this for you and can be reached directly here: www.dotandbo.com/contact Very best, The Dot & Bo Team

By Service D., Dot & Bo Representative

Hi Mary, Thanks for reaching out. We'd be happy to check in to your order! Please send a request through our online Help Center at: http://www.dotandbo.com/help and one of our Customer Relationships agents will get back to you as soon as possible!

By Service D., Dot & Bo Representative

Hi Melissa, Thanks for reaching out! I'm very sorry about the confusion around our our shipping charges. Hopefully my explanation can clarify this for you. The surcharge is in addition to the base shipping charge. Shipping surcharges are applied to furniture pieces that are heavy, large, or have angles that make them difficult to maneuver. Larger pieces are often heavier and take longer to move across the country, which means they cost more to ship. For future reference, you can see that information under the header "Shipping Policy" on the item's product page. You may see our base shipping charges by visiting our shipping page at the link below. http://www.dotandbo.com/shipping Please note that these are U.S. shipping charges for the 48 contiguous states. Dot & Bo currently charges an additional fee for packages shipped to Hawaii and Alaska. We're happy to help you navigate your way through our site or answer any other questions you may have, so please don't hesitate to reach out to us through our online help center at: http://www.dotandbo.com/help

By Service D., Dot & Bo Representative

Hi Phil, Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry for the trouble with your daughter's refund! I see that Laura had responded to your e-mail and corrected the issue with the refund. Your daughter's full refund was processed back to her card on March 8th. We're happy to help you navigate your way through our site or answer any other questions you may have, so please don't hesitate to reach out to us through our online help center at: http://www.dotandbo.com/help

By Service D., Dot & Bo Representative

Hi Judy, Thanks for reaching out! We're happy to help. Shipping surcharges are applied to furniture pieces that are heavy, large, or have angles that make them difficult to maneuver. The surcharge is in addition to the base shipping charge. Larger pieces are often heavier and take longer to move across the country, which means they cost more to ship. We hope this information is helpful! Cheers, The Dot & Bo Team

By Service D., Dot & Bo Representative

I called 800-693-9937, pressed 2 for "placing an order" and told the representative I had been trying unsuccessfully to "unsubscribe" to their website but was prevented by a pop up blocker screen. She did it for me immediately and I got an email confirmation within about 1 minute.

By kathy b.

Hi there, Thank you for reaching out. We are an online design shop headquartered in the heart of San Francisco. Thanks for your interest in Dot & Bo. Please feel free to contact us anytime for assistance or for inspiration at service@dotandbo.com! Kind Regards, Dot & Bo Community Management

By Service D., Dot & Bo Representative

Hi Dena! Thank you for taking the time out to share your concerns with us. If you'd like to provide us your order number at your earliest convenience, we're more than happy to check on the status of your order. In the meantime, we're happy to help share how our ordering system and shipping estimates work. When an order is placed online with us, payment is processed and your order is submitted. As we hand-pick special items from all over the world from different artists and designers, we coordinate shipping from a variety of locations. Each piece may ship separately and will have a unique shipping estimate (listed on the item's product page and in the order confirmation email). Once an item is ready to ship, you will receive a confirmation email and tracking number. You may also check on the status of your order at your My Account > My Orders page at any time. Some items may not show a shipping update until they're closer to their estimated shipping window, but rest assured, we are still working on your order. We hope this helps! Thanks for shopping with us at Dot & Bo and have a great rest of your day

By Service D., Dot & Bo Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Dot & Bo staff and other customers.

16 Photos for Dot & Bo