Review of Dot & Bo

San Francisco, CA 94103, US
press@dotandbo.com

moniquem13
7/10/16

I ordered 2 living room chairs from this company on May 19, 2016. I received an email on June 7, 2016 stating the chairs had arrived in Scottsdale and I should expect to be contacted by the white glove service company they hired as I had paid an additional $100 for this service that they offered. Weeks go by no call, I called the shipping co June 30, they advised chairs were in the Scottsdale warehouse but they are not deliverable as 1 chair was missing a button? Dot and Bo had not answered their enquiries on what to do with The damaged product. Dot and Bo has no telephone Number listed on their website. I email them to find out How they will resolve this as I had provided payment On the chairs in May and I still don't have them. Find Out they are working on getting a button from China I may need to wait months. I suggested they deliver chairs and pay To have someone repair the button at our home when It comes in. Their response no button needs to be repaired At the warehouse and I need to wait! Option 2 they Will deliver the chairs and reduce price by $200 plus $100 delivery charge and they may eventually send a button but will not send someone out to repair it!! Very poor customer service, I have requested my money Back no response.... Warn the public this is not a reputable business

Response from Service D., Dot & Bo Representative
Hi Monique,

Thank you for reaching out and taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We are so sorry to hear about this extremely frustrating experience. Our Customer Relationships team has pushed through a full refund for both chairs, including all associated shipping costs, and applied a credit to your Dot & Bo account as a token of our apologies for this disappointing order.

We certainly understand that this has been a challenging process, to say the least, and we hope that we can provide you with a much better experience in the near future.

Again, sincere apologies, Monique. Please feel free to reach out if we can be of further assistance!

Kind regards,
donnah31
7/3/16

Buyers beware!!! Worst customer service I have ever experienced. The only way to get a human to speak to is to follow the prompts for placing an order, The D&B # is 800-693-9937, for all you who cant find it. If you do order you better be sure you really want the item b/c if you call one second after the 24 hour deadline to cancel, you've got a fight on your hands!It will also take week, sometimes months for your item to arrive. I was lucky I got my $ refunded but it took many calls and emails and quite frankly I had to threaten to sue. I would look elsewhere. I found the same product at Wayfair for a litlle more but zero hassle...just sayin!

Response from Service D., Dot & Bo Representative
Hi Donna,

Thanks for reaching out! We’re so sorry to hear of the frustration caused by your recent order with us.

Most orders do process for fulfillment within 24 hours, and we are unable to cancel already processed orders. This is listed as our cancellation policy on our website.

We do strive to be as transparent as possible regarding our shipping times and include all estimated ship dates on the product page.

Again, sincere apologies for your disappointing experience, Donna.

terih7
6/30/16

Do NOT order product from this company. The product that I ordered did not arrive looking anything like the picture. I then tried to return it and there is virtually no number to call this company. You have to communicate strictly via email. I was told via email that my product could not be returned because it was a sale item! I now have over $100.00 of junk that I can't use and I can't return. I highly doubt that this is even a legit business. Probably running out of someone's garage!!

Response from Service D., Dot & Bo Representative
Hi Teri,

We really appreciate you reaching out to share your experience with us.

While most of our items do qualify for our 14-day return policy, some of our smaller pieces and customer order pieces are not eligible for return.

We do our best to inform customers which pieces are final sale by listing the return policy on each of our product pages, as well as within your order confirmation email, which is sent as soon as the order is complete.

We do understand your frustration and are so sorry this experience was not what you were hoping for, Teri.

Kind regards,
christinem85
6/27/16

I ordered a set of trunks. When they arrived, the color was not close to the ones displayed on the website. The large trunk came with a broken latch. I contacted the help center and was asked to send pictures, which I did. No response from Dot and Bo. I am frustrated that there is no customer service phone number to contact and that Dot and Bo ask me to submit photos of the damage. I did take the time to submit photos, but no response from them. The other item I ordered was a picture frame holder. It was constructed poorly - very crooked, which lends to the picture frame to sit crooked, which looks terrible. Agin, I sent pictures - no response. This was my first order with Dot and Bo. I am not impressed and will not be recommending them if my issues can not be corrected.

UPDATE: DOT AND BO came through and contacted me several times to make sure I was a satisfied customer. They reimbursed me for the broken merchandise and gave me the option of a percentage off of the trunks or return with total reimbursement. I am changing my rating and will order from them in the future. Thank you Dot and Bo

Response from Service D., Dot & Bo Representative
Hi Christine,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us! We’re so happy to hear that our Customer Relationships team was able to help with getting these issues resolved and really appreciate your patience as we worked to remedy this for you as promptly as possible!

We sincerely hope to offer you a better experience in the near future!

Warmly,
lanij
6/17/16

I ordered two pendant lights. Both arrived with missing parts. When I contacted the company, I received an e-mail apology and a promise that someone would track down and send the parts I needed to hang my lights. After that--nothing! I have written follow-up e-mails and phoned customer service, but the only thing I have received is silence. Today, I was promised that someone would contact me by the end of the day. Nope, that didn't happen either. I would never order from this company again.

Response from Service D., Dot & Bo Representative
Hi Lani,

Thank you for reaching out and taking the time to share your experience with us. We completely understand how frustrating it must have been to receive pendants that were missing components.

We’re happy to see that you were able to work with our Customer Relationships team to get these missing parts sent to you as expeditiously as possible!

We do hope that you will also accept the credit we provided to our site as a gesture of our apologies and that we can offer you a much better Dot & Bo experience sometime soon.

scottl87
6/15/16

Terrible company with almost NO customer service whatsoever. Way overpriced with products that don't live up to the images and representations on their site. Company asks for a review of their services via email afterwards and then gives you nowhere to post it - the link just takes you to their site to shop. Any email correspondence with them doesn't go through OR let you type comments - only pre-ordained issues listed at their site. Rotten, rotten, rotten business. Would give zero stars if I could.

Response from Service D., Dot & Bo Representative
Hi Scott,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, and we are so sorry to hear of your disappointment with your recent order.

Should you wish to contact our Customer Relationships team regarding the pieces that you received, we would be more than happy to investigate. We sincerely believe that any claims of misrepresentation should be handled with the utmost importance.

Our Help Center on our website is designed to answer our most frequently asked questions quickly, but our Customer Relationships team is here to help with any and all issues that are not listed or should you wish to receive further clarification. This is why we include an “Additional Comments” section in our Contact Us section for almost all inquiries.

Again, we greatly appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we can improve, Scott.

meyghanm
6/13/16

Dot & Bo has horrible, and really just unwise customer service. I bought several super on-sale star string lights for my son. One arrived very visibly damaged, which I reported, but because they were final sale items, I was told no refunds. This is while I had a much more expensive ticket of more than $3000 pending, no less. Like I said, not smart. They refused to cancel that order. So I just disputed the charge with my credit card company and have already been refunded.

Look, Dot and Bo isn't the exclusive retailer of almost any of their products. Just find something you like by them and see the designer name, or better yet, save the image, and use google "search by image" to find who else is selling it. Invariably item prices and shipping charges are lower elsewhere. And for sure, customer service is. For example, I saw a cute credenza on sale on Dot and Bo recently. That same credenza is selling for hundreds less on: 1) Wayfair 2) Gilt 3)DenyDesigns. The first two I have plenty of experience with and have far, far more forgiving return and customer service policies than DotandBo. It's a no-brainer of where to buy it. Not to mention, that credenza's sale price on DotandBo is $958. The shipping and delivery are an additional $150. The EXACT same one is selling on Gilt for $649+$25 shipping and delivery. On Wayfair it's selling for $659 and free shipping (great customer service and return policy!) and on Deny Designs, for $599 +$100 shipping with a much better selection.

Why on earth pay almost double for vastly inferior customer service and return policy. Charging separate shipping and delivery is shady. Not standing behind your products for 48 hours (most people won't have time to assemble furniture until the weekend) is incredibly unreasonable for a company selling expensive furniture. Most companies have better return policies, better customer service *and* the same products at lower prices.

That said, I still visit Dot & Bo regularly. I like their curating of items. I think it's an easy place for me to find a lot of things I'm likely to love. I'm just not going to buy anything from them ever again.

Response from Service D., Dot & Bo Representative
Hi Meyghan,

Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out and share your feedback with us. We can certainly understand your frustrations.

We work with artists and designers all over the world to bring you unique and beautiful products, and try to get the right price for the high quality pieces we offer, but we’re happy to share your comment with our team for deeper consideration.

Please know that we do hear your concerns regarding our shipping costs. Having celebrated our three year anniversary in January, shipping is still a hard cost for us. Shipping surcharges are only applied to furniture pieces that are heavy, large, or have angles that make them difficult to maneuver. Larger pieces are often heavier and take longer to move across the country, which means they cost more to ship.

We’re very happy to hear that you enjoy our curated collections, and are so sorry for your disappointing experience with us. We sincerely hope we can provide you with a much better Dot & Bo experience in the near future.

michaelj166
Michael J.
5/26/16

Ordered a dark blueish/green duvet and it showed up an incredibly light blue. Though it was listed as non-returnable on the website, I certainly didn't expect to receive an entirely different color. I even sent them a picture of what was delivered next to the picture of what they advertised and they are obviously different hues entirely.

As a first time customer I was looking forward to making further purchases with them, however, I won't ever be doing that again. When I told my friends about this - they all said they had similar experiences and avoid Dot & Bo and often tell people to do the same if they know they are going to use it for a purchase.

They have refused to refund me or offer me a credit. This is pure false advertising.

Avoid Dot & Bo at all costs.

Response from Service D., Dot & Bo Representative
Hi Michael,

Thanks for reaching out and taking the time to share your feedback with us. Please know that this does not fall on deaf ears.

We take any claims of misrepresentation very seriously here, which is why we do request photos. The images that you provided us with were reviewed by several members of our Customer Relationships team, and we were not able to identify any discrepancy between the item as depicted on our website and the piece that you received.

We certainly understand that this has been a disappointing experience for you and sincerely apologize for this.

lisac203
5/20/16

Terrible customer service! I wish I'd reviewed customer ratings before ordering. I made an honest mistake when quickly ordering from my iphone, and missed some fine print. I pleaded with them to make the return, and they gave zero consideration. So glad it wasn't a high-dollar item. We're preparing to build, and I'll look elsewhere for interior décor.

yeslink
5/7/16

I purchased 10k worth of what suppose to be commercial grade furniture with in a week of my restaurant being open chairs are coming apart and braking left and right contact costumer service via email because you can't get someone on the phone I send pictures and this is the time nothing has been resolve I been trying to get answers is been almost 3 months now
If anyone is interested in pursuing a class action lawsuit please let me know we can do this as a business owner I find this repelant and hard to believe

Response from Service D., Dot & Bo Representative
Hi Yeslin,

Thank you for taking the time to share your honest feedback. We are so sorry to hear of the trouble that you have had with your chairs and sincerely apologize for any delay in communication.

We see that you're currently working with one of our Customer Relationship associates, who is able to provide you with the most accurate and updated information from the designer of these pieces. In order to send replacements, it's critical to obtain any details that we may need to send along to the designer. This helps us to ensure the issue is properly remedied.

Last week, we were waiting to hear back regarding the dimensions of the chairs that you received. When you provided us with this information, we sent this over to the designer immediately. At present, our Customer Relationship team is working tirelessly with the designer to get you an update as quickly as possible. Please know we definitely understand the urgency of the situation and are hoping to resolve this for you expeditiously.

Thank you so much for your continued patience, Yeslin!

kristing10
4/26/16

*long review ahead
Beautiful website and email marketing - not gonna lie, I was attracted to this company through their online ads and easy to shop website. Their product offering is large, on-trend and desirable for any office or home. Their pricing is high - but their pretty photos in their ads really persuade you that the product is a MUST HAVE. I have had two experiences with Dot & Bo. The first wasn't bad - in fact pretty ordinary. I bought two items, but received an email that one was on backorder so I logged into my order and cancelled that item as it wasn't worth the wait. Their site is a bit clunky to maneuver through your account info and make edits to orders. It was rather difficult to contact customer service as there isn't a phone number or email address easy to find to get help with online orders. Also, it can take days to get a response. But the order was cancelled with no drama. When I received the other item, I actually received a duplicate in the mail a few weeks later. Being an honest customer, I sent it back - and they paid the return shipping to get it back.

That experience convinced me that these guys at Dot & Bo weren't so bad to work with, so I considered them for some expensive office furniture for the president of my company's executive office. A local architect in town also gave high praise about this company's furniture so I jumped online and purchased $3,200 worth of furniture (credenza and bookshelf). That was over 2 months ago...and no delivery in site. When I ordered the furniture I was given a tentative ETA which was about 4 weeks ago. When I contacted Dot Bo about the late delivery they had no explanation except that the freight shipping company they use has confirmed it's 'en route' and there may have been delays. They couldn't give me a location or ETA. I also haven't received any updates on any of the tracking of this package via email - I have had to log in to find them myself as DotBo knows nothing. I tracked the packages myself online and those details too are so obscure, I am beginning to believe the furniture isn't really en route at all. I live in Utah and the tracking shows it was in Virginia 6 weeks ago...sorry, even the slowest of boats, trains, trucks... bicycle would've had that furniture to our office by now. I think the most insulting part about this entire flubbed order is that I paid $480 for shipping and a mandatory $200 for 'white glove service' which apparently means the delivery guys will unwrap the boxes and assemble the furniture themselves - I'm having serious doubts they'll actually be wearing white gloves...just as much as I am that this furniture actually exists and is really on its way to me. Every time I have contacted customer service for more info, they tell me they know nothing and that'll I need to just wait it out. It is Dot&Bo's responsibility as the seller to provide their customers with accurate info about product that was purchased - I am starting to feel robbed and pretty stupid for making such a large purchase online, especially for the president of our company who is starting to get a little bit more than upset that it's taken 8 weeks to see some furniture in his office. I hope Dot&Bo delivers soon, in the mean time, I would HIGHLY recommend NOT spending your money on their furniture, I am finding it hard to believe it'll all be worth the wait. Other reviews have stated they aren't really sure this company really in fact has the product they are selling online, I would second that opinion - my guess is this furniture really isn't in their possession when it's offered for sale online (why else would it take this long?), I think I am currently waiting for some little kids in a 3rd world country to assemble the parts to my order...as soon as the trees are mature enough to be chopped down and processed into wood planks to be made into expensive furniture.

Stand by for an update, I will leave one when the furniture arrives, white gloves and all.

*** UPDATE! SHIPMENT FINALLY ARRIVED! (10 WEEKS AFTER PURCHASE DATE)
On 5/6/16 my order of a bookshelf and credenza FINALLY arrived (was ordered in Feb.)
The Williamsburg Sideboard and the Soren Bookcase arrived and were removed from the delivery truck with care. The 3 gentleman that unloaded the items carefully removed them and wheeled them through our company's lobby for my inspection upon arrival before taking them to our executive's suite. The Soren bookcase was loaded into the elevator carefully, and unwrapped from it's packing blanket and plastic wrap once it was wheeled into the office-space. At that time, the three deliveryman, myself and a coworker noticed the bottom facing shelf of the bookshelf had a deep horizontal gash cut through the wood. It looked as if a packing knife had been slid across the entire facing and gouged the wood deeply. This damage did not take place at time of delivery as the men who unwrapped it did not use blades when unwrapping on site. The damage did not warrant delivery refusal, however was very discouraging to discover as we had been waiting 10 long weeks for this delivery.

The bigger problem we experienced with this delivery was that of the Williamsburg Sideboard. That item arrived in physically fine condition, unfortunately in the incorrect finish resembling no likeness to what we ordered online. The coloring of the wood panels and drawers/doors looked NOTHING like the photos shown online. The description of the product does say 'reclaimed wood' but does not note EXTREME VARIANCES in colors/stains of the wood. The photo on the website http://www.dotandbo.com/collections/an-equestrian-farmhouse/40857-williamsburg-sideboard clearly depicts very intentional colorations of the 4 drawers - each drawer facing is a dedicated color (orange, brown, light brown and dark brown) same with the door panels and shelves which is why we bought this piece as it matched the coloring of walls and accent furniture in the space. The top and side panels of the item online show a uniformly staining of the large panels with dark wood - there is no noticeable pattern of various wood grains. What we received was a very vibrant almost zebra-striping of the wood in a very intense contrasting horizontal wood pattern, not anything close to what is pictured on the website. This was very falsely represented online and we were so very disappointed to have this delivered this way after waiting so very long to get it for the President of our company. Sadly, I had to refuse delivery. (photos attached). What a mess this entire order has been from start to finish. It took 4 customer service reps via email, before I stumbled across a VERY HELPFUL customer service rep named Rachel. By the way, I only got her by calling the phone number for Dot&Bo, which was hard to find (800) 693-9937), and when I called it just refers you to their website for help. However, if you go through the prompts during business hours, you can land on a line that someone does answer and eventually passes your call to a service rep. Be patient - this took me several attempts before I got a live person. Anyway, Rachel was a gem. She really cared about my issues and assured me this would be resolved. She asked that I email photos of the furniture and assured me a refund would take place for the sideboard, as well as a refund for the shipping. In addition, I was given a discount on the damaged bookcase I kept. The refunds were issued within a week of my conversation with Rachel, as promised. It was interesting to find out from an earlier rep. that my furniture was taking so long to arrive bc it was being assembled out of the country - over seas- and delivery is very hard to track when out of the country. However, my tracking # showed it sitting at delivery center in Virginia for at least 3 weeks, before sitting in Louisiana another 2+ weeks. Rachel told me the furniture was assembled in CANADA.... not sure what the talk about it being shipped from overseas was all about....oy vey.

To summarize, never, have I ever experienced such a horrible online buying experience. It's a shame because Dot&Bo does appear to offer some really nice items for homes/offices - however, I am now fully convinced they actually have any control of the items they sell - nor do they appear to have them in stock at the time of sale. This all seems very fishy to me. The product descriptions are misleading and dishonest to paying customers as well. It's no wonder there are so many horrible reviews about the company online and with the BBB. I hope they can get these procurement and shipping issues resolved soon for the sake of their company..but more so for the sake of their paying customers.

Tip for consumers: Read the descriptions CAREFULLY before ordering. Review the photos even more carefully - be sure you know what you are ordering before processing the order. Don't expect quick delivery, or CORRECT delivery. If you do contact customer service, be sure to get a direct extension for the rep. helping you or you will never be in touch with this rep again and you will have to start all over with your customer service issue. Large furniture is delivered via MXD Group. Their tracking is HORRIBLE. Good l

dawns52
4/25/16

please give me a contact # so I can return my item

carlec
4/23/16

Thank you so much! I had such a great experience working with Dot & Bo customer service. Your products are high quality and desirable and your customer service is exceptional. I have never worked with anyone so open and amenable to my concerns and so quick to act! You can be sure I will continue to visit and purchase from your site. Again, thank you so much for making this an enjoyable shopping experience.

markf112
4/14/16

I purchased an outdoor fire place that was very expensive . It arrived in July and I used it a handful of times before covering it for the winter. I always kept the fireplace covered between uses. Two weeks ago I uncovered it to find all the paint had peeled off. I contacted Dot and Bo and basically they have washed their hands of any responsibility

Tip for consumers: I would not order from this compnay

juditha17
4/8/16

I ordered something and pressed the paypal button to pay. A screen came up saying that I agree to letting Dot and Bo have my paypal email and phone #. Then the usual paypal link. The next day someone tried to break into my paypal acct. pay pal notified me and withiut going into more detail snd orher suspicious events, paypal is going to be investigating Dot and Bo for fraud.

Update...i keep getting suspicious emails saying they are paypal and trying to siphen sensitive info from me. Don't use this website. PS my order has never arrived.

Response from Service D., Dot & Bo Representative
Hi Judith,
Thank you so much for reaching out to us on this issue. I can assure you that our system does not take any information from Paypal accounts other than what is provided to process your order. I've passed this information along to our finance team to research further.

stephenh94
3/29/16

I ordered what I thought was a set of 5 deer horns, but turns out it's only one. The product image is very misleading as it shows a set of 5.

My order will take a month to ship and I'll be out of the country when it is due to arrive. I tried to cancel the order as it will not even ship for another 3 weeks, they refused. I had to open a dispute with my bank. It's very sad that I have recommended this company to friends already, I'll have to take that back because they are really very tricky and awful to try to work with. The order cancellation policy allows you to cancel within 24 hours, BUT you dont know how long the order will take to ship until AFTER it is "processed" and then it cannot be cancelled. Tricky Tricky. It's really a shame this company needs a small profit over retaining customers.

Tip for consumers: Tricky company - beware. Products seem to be cheap knock-offs and are poor quality.

Response from Service D., Dot & Bo Representative
Hi Stephen,

Thanks so much for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear of the trouble you've had with your order!

I'm sorry for any confusion with the Vintage Antler Hunting Trophy. Since these are a vintage item, each piece will vary, so we use a photo of multiple pieces to show possible variations. We do make sure that our description refers to a single piece, and not a set, but we've also requested an update to the product page to state that this listing is only for one plaque, to quell any confusion.

We are always happy to hear from our customers about what we can do to improve the Dot & Bo experience. As a young company, we are always accepting feedback on where we need to focus our efforts.

We hope that you give us another chance in the future, and please, always feel free to drop us a note on how we are doing.

shopperm
3/28/16

Ordered a desk that said it would require partial assembly. There was a 50 dollar shipping surcharge, in addition to the shipping charges they already charge. The desk arrived in a flat pack box, completely unassembled. There is no way this item cost 70 dollars for them to ship, and I never would have paid that if I knew the item was completely unassembled. I had only justified that amount because I presumed it was likely over sized to ship if partly assembled.

Contacted customer care and they arranged a credit of shipping charges, which was a store credit only. Not surprisingly, the store credit expires in a couple weeks, and also doesn't apply towards shipping charges on the subsequent purchase, so the only way to use my credit is to spend more money on shipping. Take a look at their inventory and you'll notice most of the products require outrageous shipping surcharges. It's pretty obvious the company makes a significant profit off "shipping charges."

Further browsing of their site turns up one non-returnable item after another, and still others that have dimensions missing, inadequate descriptions, and far too few photos of the products to be able to see what you're buying. There is also no product review system in place to rate products, or read feedback from other buyers regarding difficulty of assembly and/or quality of merchandise. There is essentially no buyer protection at all. This online retailer is sub-par at best, and I wouldn't willingly give them your money if I were you.

There are a number of places to buy home goods and furniture that don't require taking as much of a risk with your hard earned money.

Response from Service D., Dot & Bo Representative
Hi there,

As we ship a large selection of products from all over the world, shipping costs will vary depending on the size, weight, shipping destination, as well as the current rates charged by our shipping carriers. Shipping surcharges are applied to furniture pieces that are heavy, large, or have angles that make them difficult to maneuver. Larger pieces are often heavier and take longer to move across the country, which means they cost more to ship. We only charge our customers what we're charged for shipping these pieces.

We are a young startup (having just celebrated our 3rd birthday!) and have not yet made it to the scale a lot of the larger companies are at. We're always working to improve our site, especially when it comes to adding product information, photos, and reviews. We greatly appreciate your feedback on this and are definitely taking it into consideration!

melissas120
3/26/16

I ordered some chair and they sold the chairs to someone else . I was furious but after talking with a representive they worked it out. I will definitely do business with them again.

amandab117
3/20/16

I received damaged items from them and have submitted two forms to them with no response. Not impressed. Will be contesting the purchase with our credit card.

sm821
3/17/16

Purchased what I thought would be a nice insert for my fire place...faux wood logs with tea candles. It is the ugliest piece of junk. It is painted a shiny black with a sticker on the bottom made in china. I am assuming by the looks that it cost about 5 bucks but Dot and Bo charged me just shy of $100 including shipping! Wow! Hideous!

betsya3
3/14/16

I have purchased a few items and was happy. However, I ordered two rugs that did not look like the photo and they were quite different from each other. They only offered me the return of the rugs. Upon delivery I knew they were Surya rugs that I used to sell. We always told customers of differences. There is no disclaimer in the description of these rugs.

kellyb135
3/14/16

I received my lights and the electrician went to install today. One of the 3 pendant light we ordered has a much smaller canopy than the other 2. It doesn't even cover the junction box to connect to. Also the light appears to be all scratched. It looks like maybe someone returned it and then it was shipped to me, or they just shipped me a substandard one! I would like to discuss with someone, but can't find a phone number anywhere.... I want the right size canopy and unscratched pendant, I will continue to post negative reviews until I am contacted and the problem resolved!!

brucee20
3/10/16

This company is the absolute worst e-commerce company I've dealt with in 21 years of purchasing over the Internet. I purchased 2 bar stools on "sale" during Black Friday last year.
A few weeks after placing the order, I received an email telling me that the item had been discontinued and that they would be refunding my credit card.
Fast forward to early February this year and I see that the bar stools are now shown as being available. I called Dot and Bo and spoke to Matthew who guaranteed me that they were indeed available and although they were at their Nevada Warehouse, it would still take about 4 weeks for them to ship. Having been guaranteed and assured that this time I would indeed receive the bar stools, I placed the order on February 12th. Fast forward to March 7th (today) and I receive the exact same email telling me that they were just informed that the bar stools have been discontinued and they are cancelling my order. The refund does nothing to make up for the time I've wasted twice trying to place the order with this company, not to mention - 3 months later and I still don't have stools for my kitchen.
Clearly this company has no control over their inventory and based on my experience (and apparently the experience of many others as shown in the other reviews I see here), this company is not long for this world. My recommendation would be to not waste your time with Dot and Bo. Clearly a reputable company that knows what it's doing doesn't take almost 4 weeks to determine that they've sold you (and charged you for) something that they don't have. This is not an honest or reputable company.

A week after I personally spoke with their representative when they cancelled my second order and told me the bar stools have been discontinued, they still show up as available for purchase on their website at a much higher price. Either their supervisors can't even correct inventory errors on the website or this company is playing games.

michelef20
3/4/16

***2nd UPDATE Issue resolved. Thank you Dot & Bo.

***UPDATE FROM MY REVIEW BELOW Dot & Bo has reached out to me. They are resolving the issue with me now but for future for anyone buying there read below in the small print at the bottom of each item page it will say "custom made not returnable". They should have this up by the buy now button. I will reconsider buying from them again, just have to make sure it's not custom made.

****My First order was an odd experience. Do & Bo treated me very well in the end. Anyone that is purchasing at this store needs to look at the print at the bottom of the page. If the item is custom made, there are no returns. My item was defected and I sent pictures so it worked out but in the future I will not buy custom.

sandyl44
3/1/16

I ordered a round coffee table and the cuts on the top that sets into the base of the table are very uneven and sloppy...not bad enough to send back, but bad enough to make me think twice about ordering again from this company.

Hi Simona, Thanks for reaching out! We've located your email case and informed our Customer Relationships team. We will have a member of this team reach out ASAP to work with you on this. Very best, The Dot & Bo Team

By Service D., Dot & Bo Representative

Hi Jen! We understand that reading negative reviews may make you second guess ordering from us, but we have made several system improvements since last summer and work hard every day to make changes to ensure a more positive customer experience. We're here if you have any further questions or concerns!

By Service D., Dot & Bo Representative

Hi Suzan, Thanks for reaching out! Our Customer Relationships team is happy to look into this for you and can be reached directly here: www.dotandbo.com/contact Very best, The Dot & Bo Team

By Service D., Dot & Bo Representative

Hi Mary, Thanks for reaching out. We'd be happy to check in to your order! Please send a request through our online Help Center at: http://www.dotandbo.com/help and one of our Customer Relationships agents will get back to you as soon as possible!

By Service D., Dot & Bo Representative

Hi Melissa, Thanks for reaching out! I'm very sorry about the confusion around our our shipping charges. Hopefully my explanation can clarify this for you. The surcharge is in addition to the base shipping charge. Shipping surcharges are applied to furniture pieces that are heavy, large, or have angles that make them difficult to maneuver. Larger pieces are often heavier and take longer to move across the country, which means they cost more to ship. For future reference, you can see that information under the header "Shipping Policy" on the item's product page. You may see our base shipping charges by visiting our shipping page at the link below. http://www.dotandbo.com/shipping Please note that these are U.S. shipping charges for the 48 contiguous states. Dot & Bo currently charges an additional fee for packages shipped to Hawaii and Alaska. We're happy to help you navigate your way through our site or answer any other questions you may have, so please don't hesitate to reach out to us through our online help center at: http://www.dotandbo.com/help

By Service D., Dot & Bo Representative

Hi Phil, Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry for the trouble with your daughter's refund! I see that Laura had responded to your e-mail and corrected the issue with the refund. Your daughter's full refund was processed back to her card on March 8th. We're happy to help you navigate your way through our site or answer any other questions you may have, so please don't hesitate to reach out to us through our online help center at: http://www.dotandbo.com/help

By Service D., Dot & Bo Representative

Hi Judy, Thanks for reaching out! We're happy to help. Shipping surcharges are applied to furniture pieces that are heavy, large, or have angles that make them difficult to maneuver. The surcharge is in addition to the base shipping charge. Larger pieces are often heavier and take longer to move across the country, which means they cost more to ship. We hope this information is helpful! Cheers, The Dot & Bo Team

By Service D., Dot & Bo Representative

I called 800-693-9937, pressed 2 for "placing an order" and told the representative I had been trying unsuccessfully to "unsubscribe" to their website but was prevented by a pop up blocker screen. She did it for me immediately and I got an email confirmation within about 1 minute.

By kathy b.

Hi there, Thank you for reaching out. We are an online design shop headquartered in the heart of San Francisco. Thanks for your interest in Dot & Bo. Please feel free to contact us anytime for assistance or for inspiration at service@dotandbo.com! Kind Regards, Dot & Bo Community Management

By Service D., Dot & Bo Representative

Hi Dena! Thank you for taking the time out to share your concerns with us. If you'd like to provide us your order number at your earliest convenience, we're more than happy to check on the status of your order. In the meantime, we're happy to help share how our ordering system and shipping estimates work. When an order is placed online with us, payment is processed and your order is submitted. As we hand-pick special items from all over the world from different artists and designers, we coordinate shipping from a variety of locations. Each piece may ship separately and will have a unique shipping estimate (listed on the item's product page and in the order confirmation email). Once an item is ready to ship, you will receive a confirmation email and tracking number. You may also check on the status of your order at your My Account > My Orders page at any time. Some items may not show a shipping update until they're closer to their estimated shipping window, but rest assured, we are still working on your order. We hope this helps! Thanks for shopping with us at Dot & Bo and have a great rest of your day

By Service D., Dot & Bo Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Dot & Bo staff and other customers.

16 Photos for Dot & Bo