Review of Dot & Bo

San Francisco, CA 94103, US
press@dotandbo.com

noels25
1/7/17

I placed an order with Dot & Bo in September. Soon after, they filed bankruptcy and I lost hundreds of dollars and they never fulfilled my order. I then started receiving emails from them like they are back in business. I asked about my previous order and they said sorry, they are not fulfilling them due to the bankruptcy. They obviously had my email as a former customer and just started emailing me again like nothing happened. This company is horrible.

bethe27
11/22/16

Sorry to say this, because I really like their products and prices, but these guys aren't reliable. I purchased many times from their site hoping things would get better, because shoot I love their stuff! But fool me many times, shame on me! I've experienced it all, shipping delays, products arriving damaged, wrong items shipped etc etc. I don't think I've ever had one purchase from them without problems, and I've purchased several times! I no longer shop with Dot & Bo and I recommend you don't either.

gypsyt
11/19/16

I stupidly gave these BASTARDS $795. received nothing. and am now FIGHTING FOR MY MONEY BACK
here is the CEO's linked in >

and his twitter >

FURIOUS! I urge you all to report him to the ftc.gov and better business bureau

maryannr17
10/23/16

I bought a paper towel holder called "Dotsie paper towel stand," for my daughter who owns a dashund. On line it looked adorable. When it was delivered, I cannot express how disappointed we were. The stand is no taller then a popsicle stick. And because it isn't tall enough to hold the paper towel roll, it leans sideways. The "dashund" on the bottom is so small it's unnoticeable. Paid $29 with shipping. Very disappointed. Will never order from them again.

tinac75
10/18/16

Apparently I am one of many people that have been taken. The order of my product, has not been received, money has been taken, I can not get a reply, a return of money to my account, product something. :(

valentinad4
9/29/16

I bought several items at once but only one was delivered. As this item was delivered broken I was in the process of a refund on Sep 23rd and in contact with staff member Craig. Unfortunately Dot&Bo stopped answering my email right in the middle of the conversation and I haven't heard ever since. My money has not being refunded. I am left with a broken item that it's taking over the living room and several items have not been delivered. Dot&Bo, it's only fair to say you need to provide assistance ASAP. This money does not belong to you!

samanthap51
9/29/16

I was excepting my purchase to ship this week, but since they are now closed. I want my money back. Anyone had any luck with receiving a refund??

andreaw54
9/28/16

Dot & Bo closed last week so where is my refund for the products that they never shipped? There is no reply to my emails from them. They have over $200 from me. Who can I contact to get my money back? The lack of notice to customers is not a good way to go, Dot & Bo. It looks like a very shady business to not include this information in your letter to your loyal customers. Please contact us ASAP to either ship the products or refund us our money ASAP.

mjhh
9/28/16

I ordered an item weeks ago. Just got on their website to check on order, only to be directed to the farewell letter. No idea how to get my $75 back. Unbelievable they would just go out like that. What have they done with everyone's money????

I ended up receiving my package afterall! So thankful!

christinak31
9/27/16

I purchased three items, one of which was received but have not received the other two. I then received an email stating the company ceased all operations as of 9.23.16?! There was no customer service line or explanation re: items already purchased!

luwaunnaa
9/25/16

I made a purchase on 9/20/16 only to receive an email on 9/23/16 that they were closing. No information in the letter indicating how to get a refund. I WANT MY MONEY BACK! I have no order number my only proof of payment is my banking account

jennk9
9/25/16

So I placed two orders on the same day and was super excited until I realized that it would take up to six weeks to get some of my things. I receive one item. Then I get 4 emails yesterday that told me that over half of my order is out of stock so instead of sending me the items when they come in or give me a rain check they refund me my money ( which will take forever) and said if I still want them I can reorder them..... But for more money!!! If they are out of a product but will be getting it in again,why don't they just honor the price I bought it for the first time? I ordered 5 of the same item that was clearanced at $10 now if I want to order it again it $14???? That is sooooo not cool!!
DONT WASTE YOUR TIME OF MONEY WITH THIS COMPANY!!!!

alr48
9/20/16

My experience with Dot & Bo has been disappointing. I ordered the Gordon Candleholders (set of 3) and, after getting an email informing me that they would be 10-30 days delayed, I got a follow-up email that the order itself was being cancelled. Apparently their supplier couldn't deliver on the product, Seems like a quality control issue that Dot & Bo should have anticipated.

Beyond that, their prices are not particularly good. I was looking at a counter stool and found that the same product is sold by Target online. Dot & Bo just calls it something slightly different (they slap a cuter name on the product and put it within a well curated collection).

Bottom line: don't waste your precious time. Order elsewhere to save yourself the frustration.

Response from Service D., Dot & Bo Representative
Hi Alex,

Thanks for reaching out! We’re so sorry to hear of the issues you’ve experienced with this order.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay with your current item. In these rare situations, we do try to let you know as soon as we are made aware, but we completely understand that it does not make the news any less disappointing.

Regarding the counter stool, we do our best to stay competitive with prices, and our Customer Relationships team is more than happy to look into this should you wish to discuss further!

douglaso4
9/20/16

Dot & Bo has a good-looking, functional website, and stylish items. I have a couple great rugs, but I've been really disappointed in my last two (relatively expensive) orders. I would return them, but the size of the items and the hassle to repack (and pay for shipping both ways) isn't worth it. I'm sadly done with Dot & Bo. My side table stools have big chunks of wood filler where the original wood was chipped, the lack of coating makes for very easy staining, and they're top heavy and tip over very easily. (Not great with a toddler in the house.) My wing chairs are IMPOSSIBLE to assemble: too-short screws don't reach their intended connectors (had to buy new ones at hardware store), dried wood glue is stuck to chair and visible, the wood was scuffed out of the box, the "leather" seat and backs are CHEAPLY made, and the styrofoam packaging disintegrates and gets everywhere during unpacking. They even packed the wrong size allen wrench for the hex screws. That's it for me.

Response from Service D., Dot & Bo Representative
Hi Douglas,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your feedback! We’re so sorry to hear that you’re disappointed with your recent orders.

We do see that you’re currently in communication with a member of our Customer Relationships team regarding this issue and hope that we’re able to resolve this for you as promptly as possible!

sheenaw6
9/18/16

I have placed 3 orders, I have gotten two of them and am so happy with them, The quality of the items is even better than I thought they would be.. I do not think their is anything you can not find on the sight . Well you can not find cell phones lol

Response from Service D., Dot & Bo Representative
Hi Sheena,

Thank you so much for reaching out and taking the time to share your feedback! We're so happy to hear that you love your items and the selection that we offer.

As for the cell phones, maybe one day ;)

Please don't hesitate to let us know if we can be of assistance in the future.

Warm regards,
douge13
9/8/16

I GET AN EMAIL EVERYDAY AND CANNOT UNSUBSCRIBE!!!
HELP ME PUT AN END TO THE HARASSMENT!

Response from Service D., Dot & Bo Representative
Hi Doug,

Thank you for reaching out and we're so sorry to hear of your frustration!

We have unsubscribed you as of September 6th, the day that you first wrote in. You should no longer be receiving emails from us.

Should you require further assistance, we are more than happy to help.

donnar109
8/30/16

DO NOT order anything from Dot and Bo.
Prices listed are over retail....even though they list otherwise.
NO CUSTOMER SERVICE whatsoever....that's if you can even
reach "customer service". Good luck with that !!!
And you can FORGET trying to return or get a refund on an item.
STAY AWAY from this scam of a company.....TRUST ME

Response from Service D., Dot & Bo Representative
Hi Donna,

Thank you for reaching out. Please allow us to address a few of your concerns.

We have honored the entire price match and issued this refund back to your card. We have also issued a credit to your Dot & Bo account as a gesture of our apologies.

Additionally, we’ve worked with our pricing team to adjust the price of this item. We do take inquiries like these very seriously and do our absolute best to stay competitive with pricing. We greatly appreciate you bringing this to our attention and hope that you will find our honoring the entire price match, extending a credit to our site and updating the price of the piece to be appropriate resolutions.

Should you need further assistance, we are here to help.

Regards,
nancyl105
8/22/16

I love my purchase. It is beautiful and very high quality. Another thing that has impressed
me very much is the follow up and excellent customer service. Dot & Bo know what customer service is. I like that!

Response from Service D., Dot & Bo Representative
Hi Nancy!

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We're so happy to hear that you love your piece and will be sure to pass your kind comments along to our Customer Relationships team.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if we can be of assistance in the future!

debbiem98
8/17/16

I thought I was looking for a flat basket tray but saw your box and bought it. It is perfect! I put some felt dots on the bottom so it wouldn't scratch my glass table but it keeps all necessities handy and not strewn all over. Thanks!! See photo!

Response from Service D., Dot & Bo Representative
Hi Debbie!

Thanks so much for reaching out! We're thrilled to hear that you love your new Desk Organizer!

Please let us know if there's anything else that we can assist you with. We're happy to help!

Warm regards,
ashleyp78
8/17/16

I ordered two items on August 1st. It is now August 15th and only one item was delivered and its the WRONG item. I ordered a print of a baby bear and what I received is a horrendous cartoon drinking alcohol. You can check the picture attached. I contacted them immediately and still have not received a response. UNBELIEVABLE. The other item I ordered I still have no update on when I am ever going to receive it. It has ye to ship. I love their website and I am so upset at the lack of customer service and respect they have for their customers.

Response from Service D., Dot & Bo Representative
Hi Ashley,

Thanks for reaching out and taking the time to share your experience! We can't apologize enough that you received the wrong item and for the delay in response. It looks like our team did reach out the same day you initially wrote in, but to an inaccurately entered email address, so correspondence did not arrive to you until after we received your message here. We are happy to hear that you were able to work with our Customer Relationships team to receive the correct order and can’t thank you enough for your patience as we worked to resolve this for you!

Should you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at any time!

lorenk10
7/24/16

I have never written an online review before, but this experience motivated me to. Half of my items were missing. The packaging was atrocious and two items were damaged. Two items also in no way resemble the images on the website. Website blatantly lied about material used to construct. Major rip-off will not be purchasing from dot & bo again. Beware!!!

Response from Service D., Dot & Bo Representative
Hi Loren,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your experience. We’re very sorry for the frustration caused by this order.

Our Customer Relationships team has reached out on two separate occasions to work on resolving this for you.

Our tracking shows that all items have been delivered to you. This tracking information can be found in your Dot & Bo account and in the emails from our team.

If any of the items you received are damaged or appear misrepresented, our Customer Relationships team is more than happy to look into this further. Please feel free to respond to either of the emails we’ve sent.

We look forward to resolving this for you as soon as possible, Loren!

trevork6
7/23/16

DO NOT ORDER FROM HERE> We ordered what was described as a $1000 "custom made" Birch wood and painted credenza. What arrived was completely different. The "Birch" was simply a cheap veneer on the outer pieces of the cabinet. The "wood" doors were a screen printed wood grain that was glued to plywood. The color of the cabinet was completely different that which was displayed. Upon requesting a return for the item, on the basis of misrepresentation, I was told it can not be returned. There is no phone number to contact them, and they will not respond to additional requests. It seems from the comments that this is a completely normal experience with their customer service. Quality is low, prices are high, and customer services is abysmal. Very disappointed.

Response from Service D., Dot & Bo Representative
Hi Trevor,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience, and we’re sincerely sorry for any disappointment caused by your recent order with us.

We treat any claims of misrepresentation with the utmost importance. If an item is misrepresented, we work with the designer of the piece to get updated photos. In this particular case, the images that you provided were reviewed by two separate teams and it was concluded the the credenza you received was appropriately represented on the product page.

As a gesture of our apologies, we did offer a partial refund on this piece as well as a credit. As this item is custom order and not eligible for return, this was a special exception.

We do understand this is not the resolution you were hoping for and extend our sincere apologies that we were not able to facilitate a return.

antoniom54
7/20/16

Customer service nightmare ! I bought a bed which was delivered to my movers. Finally got the bed to the house and the headboard does not fit with the slats. Now has been 7 days and 10 emails and dot & bo customer services still "wants to investigate". Needs more pictures to ensure my movers did not assembled correctly. REALLY ??? See picture below !! yes, you send me the wrong piece !!! How much more investigating do you need ???????

Response from Service D., Dot & Bo Representative
Hi Antonio,

We are so sorry to hear of the difficulties you’ve had in receiving your piece from us. Thank you for reaching out to share your experience.

We're happy to see that you were able to work with our Customer Relationships team to obtain a new bed, which has shipped and is currently in transit to you. Thank you so much for your patience as we worked to resolve this for you.

We sincerely hope to offer you a much better experience this time around with your replacement order, Antonio. Please do not hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance!

reneem37
7/14/16

Dot&Bo has a less than user-friendly on line order tracking system. I've had to loop through again and again to finally get to a email form where I could actually submit my item number and explain my problem. It's been four weeks after the recorded shipment date on my account and I have yet to receive the item I ordered and paid for by credit card. Not feeling confident about my choice in using this company nor my opportunities in resolving this issue. At this point I would not be a repeat customer Nor would I ever refer this company to anyone else.

Response from Service D., Dot & Bo Representative
Hi Renee,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience with us. Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay with your Horizontal Test Tube Vase.

Upon receiving your note, one of our Customer Relationship associates reached out to you directly and provided an updated ETA, along with a link to the tracking information. Our records now show that the item was delivered to you on July 16th.

We do hope that you'll accept the credit to our site as well, as a gesture of our apologies for this delay and that we can offer you a better experience in the future.

moniquem13
7/10/16

I ordered 2 living room chairs from this company on May 19, 2016. I received an email on June 7, 2016 stating the chairs had arrived in Scottsdale and I should expect to be contacted by the white glove service company they hired as I had paid an additional $100 for this service that they offered. Weeks go by no call, I called the shipping co June 30, they advised chairs were in the Scottsdale warehouse but they are not deliverable as 1 chair was missing a button? Dot and Bo had not answered their enquiries on what to do with The damaged product. Dot and Bo has no telephone Number listed on their website. I email them to find out How they will resolve this as I had provided payment On the chairs in May and I still don't have them. Find Out they are working on getting a button from China I may need to wait months. I suggested they deliver chairs and pay To have someone repair the button at our home when It comes in. Their response no button needs to be repaired At the warehouse and I need to wait! Option 2 they Will deliver the chairs and reduce price by $200 plus $100 delivery charge and they may eventually send a button but will not send someone out to repair it!! Very poor customer service, I have requested my money Back no response.... Warn the public this is not a reputable business

Response from Service D., Dot & Bo Representative
Hi Monique,

Thank you for reaching out and taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We are so sorry to hear about this extremely frustrating experience. Our Customer Relationships team has pushed through a full refund for both chairs, including all associated shipping costs, and applied a credit to your Dot & Bo account as a token of our apologies for this disappointing order.

We certainly understand that this has been a challenging process, to say the least, and we hope that we can provide you with a much better experience in the near future.

Again, sincere apologies, Monique. Please feel free to reach out if we can be of further assistance!

Dot & Bo Community Management

Hi Simona, Thanks for reaching out! We've located your email case and informed our Customer Relationships team. We will have a member of this team reach out ASAP to work with you on this. Very best, The Dot & Bo Team

By Service D., Dot & Bo Representative

Hi Jen! We understand that reading negative reviews may make you second guess ordering from us, but we have made several system improvements since last summer and work hard every day to make changes to ensure a more positive customer experience. We're here if you have any further questions or concerns!

By Service D., Dot & Bo Representative

Hi Suzan, Thanks for reaching out! Our Customer Relationships team is happy to look into this for you and can be reached directly here: www.dotandbo.com/contact Very best, The Dot & Bo Team

By Service D., Dot & Bo Representative

Hi Mary, Thanks for reaching out. We'd be happy to check in to your order! Please send a request through our online Help Center at: http://www.dotandbo.com/help and one of our Customer Relationships agents will get back to you as soon as possible!

By Service D., Dot & Bo Representative

Hi Melissa, Thanks for reaching out! I'm very sorry about the confusion around our our shipping charges. Hopefully my explanation can clarify this for you. The surcharge is in addition to the base shipping charge. Shipping surcharges are applied to furniture pieces that are heavy, large, or have angles that make them difficult to maneuver. Larger pieces are often heavier and take longer to move across the country, which means they cost more to ship. For future reference, you can see that information under the header "Shipping Policy" on the item's product page. You may see our base shipping charges by visiting our shipping page at the link below. http://www.dotandbo.com/shipping Please note that these are U.S. shipping charges for the 48 contiguous states. Dot & Bo currently charges an additional fee for packages shipped to Hawaii and Alaska. We're happy to help you navigate your way through our site or answer any other questions you may have, so please don't hesitate to reach out to us through our online help center at: http://www.dotandbo.com/help

By Service D., Dot & Bo Representative

Hi Phil, Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry for the trouble with your daughter's refund! I see that Laura had responded to your e-mail and corrected the issue with the refund. Your daughter's full refund was processed back to her card on March 8th. We're happy to help you navigate your way through our site or answer any other questions you may have, so please don't hesitate to reach out to us through our online help center at: http://www.dotandbo.com/help

By Service D., Dot & Bo Representative

Hi Judy, Thanks for reaching out! We're happy to help. Shipping surcharges are applied to furniture pieces that are heavy, large, or have angles that make them difficult to maneuver. The surcharge is in addition to the base shipping charge. Larger pieces are often heavier and take longer to move across the country, which means they cost more to ship. We hope this information is helpful! Cheers, The Dot & Bo Team

By Service D., Dot & Bo Representative

I called 800-693-9937, pressed 2 for "placing an order" and told the representative I had been trying unsuccessfully to "unsubscribe" to their website but was prevented by a pop up blocker screen. She did it for me immediately and I got an email confirmation within about 1 minute.

By kathy b.

Hi there, Thank you for reaching out. We are an online design shop headquartered in the heart of San Francisco. Thanks for your interest in Dot & Bo. Please feel free to contact us anytime for assistance or for inspiration at service@dotandbo.com! Kind Regards, Dot & Bo Community Management

By Service D., Dot & Bo Representative

Hi Dena! Thank you for taking the time out to share your concerns with us. If you'd like to provide us your order number at your earliest convenience, we're more than happy to check on the status of your order. In the meantime, we're happy to help share how our ordering system and shipping estimates work. When an order is placed online with us, payment is processed and your order is submitted. As we hand-pick special items from all over the world from different artists and designers, we coordinate shipping from a variety of locations. Each piece may ship separately and will have a unique shipping estimate (listed on the item's product page and in the order confirmation email). Once an item is ready to ship, you will receive a confirmation email and tracking number. You may also check on the status of your order at your My Account > My Orders page at any time. Some items may not show a shipping update until they're closer to their estimated shipping window, but rest assured, we are still working on your order. We hope this helps! Thanks for shopping with us at Dot & Bo and have a great rest of your day

By Service D., Dot & Bo Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Dot & Bo staff and other customers.

16 Photos for Dot & Bo