Review of Dot & Bo

San Francisco, CA 94103, US
press@dotandbo.com

nancyk36
10/9/15

We ordered on Aug. 22 a couch and chair. The email confirmation of the order said the order would arrive between Sept. 24 and Oct. 5. On September 22, I emailed customer service asking for a status update. On Sept. 24 I emailed customer service saying we were going to contact our credit card company if we didn't hear back. I got an email response within three hours and was told later that day the items were shipped. According to the tracking information I eventually got, they didn't ship until Sept. 29. Still waiting. Oh, and they charged our credit card on AUGUST 23 for items that didn't ship until more than a month later. If shipping estimates are correct now (I'm not holding my breath) we might have the couch and chair by October 16. If there had been any way to cancel this order and get our money back, I would do it in a heartbeat.

Tip for consumers: I'd just say DON'T DO IT!!!

Response from Service D., Dot & Bo Representative
Hi Nancy,

Thank you for taking the time to share your honest feedback. We apologize for this frustrating expereince.

We also apologize for the the delay in your chair and sofa shipping, and have taken corrective action with the designer of this piece. It looks like our shipping company was waiting for a delayed in piece of your shipment to arrive, so they could make one delivery. You should be hearing from the shipping company any moment now to schedule delivery. We are also reviewing our freight shipping options at this time as well.

As a younger company, we are working to improve our shipping/notifications of delay for ourselves and our valued customers such as yourself. Again, thank you for caring enough to share your thoughts with us. We hope that you’ll love your new pieces as much as we do.

All the best,

naomiy
10/6/15

I ordered a dining table July 7. The website said that it would arrive mid-August. It didn't. After many emails and status tracking Dot & Bo assured me that the item would arrive mid-September. It didn't. Despite Dot & Bo's claim that I was on the "priority list" the scheduled October delivery didn't arrive.

So much wasted time and energy. I've already purchased chairs to match this table. Meanwhile my family is eating on a fold-up card table. Dot & Bo offered a partial refund and a rescheduled delivery date. Simply not good enough at this point. If they wanted to make this situation right they should comp the entire order for the incredible hassle and broken promises. I'm so disappointed. I had hear good things! Not true - Stay away from Dot & Bo!

lm56
10/2/15

I ordered the set of 3 mounting arrows in June. In the middle of September (far too late) I received one arrow. Not the best. I will say, despite their poor shipping, their customer service is attentive, and did refund me my money - no real problems there.

Because I do love the stuff on their site, I placed another order for different items. One item is expected by Oct. 7, the other by Oct. 27. If I don't get these items until Thanksgiving, then shame on me, and lesson learned.

2 stars for their customer service. 3 more will come if I get my packages on time, with all the items I actually ordered.

nancyv28
9/29/15

Ordered 2 sets of bookends June 20, 2015. My credit card was charged IMMEDIATELY. The order said the bookends would be delivered mid-July. By Aug 2, no delivery. Contacted Dot & Bo, service rep emailed me that the bookends were backordered, but were expected to be delivered the next week. Never came. ON August 22, I went on the Dot & BO site WHICH STILL WAS ADVERTISING THE BOOKENDS and it even said, "Hurry, only 4 left!" I immediately contacted D & B & they ignored the comment about advertising that they had 4 bookends left & just said that they were now expected to be delivered to me between Sept 16-23. It is now Sept 25 and no bookends. I am DONE WITH D & B & have requested my money back. I feel as if they should also give me interest on the money they have held for OVER 3 MONTHS!! I will NEVER ORDER anything from this company again. TOTAL RIP-OFF Company!! FALSE ADVERTISERS WHO JUST TAKE YOUR MONEY & DON'T DELIVER PRODUCT!!

Tip for consumers: They advertise and "sell" things they have no access to but they take your money anyway.

Response from Service D., Dot & Bo Representative
Hi Nancy,

Thank you for taking the time to share your honest feedback. We want to confirm that we have processed a full refund on 9/28 and you should see it back on your card in the next few days (each bank’s timeline for processing refunds is different, but we have processed it on our end).

We want to assure you that it’s not our intention to deceive anyone. We publish the latest information we get from our designers, but clearly have room to improve. It’s a top priority to continue developing a foolproof infrastructure that allows us to maintain and communicate the correct inventory levels as well as quickly get on top of any delays.

This shopping experience you’ve had with us has been less than ideal and we're genuinely sorry to have failed you. We take these issues with the utmost seriousness and rally all resources around them to mitigate future instances.

Thank you again for bringing this to our attention. We hope you can accept our sincerest apologies.

vickib20
9/26/15

I purchased the Tall Marra Pedestal Table and received it several days before expected- which made me very happy. The table is excellent quality and flawless. Looks amazing in my living room! Easy to put together...they even provided a handy little tool and matching numbers on the legs and table which made it foolproof. Perfect process in the purchase, shipping and follow up by Dot & Bo.

sarah1914
9/23/15

I ordered a table from the dot & bo website. It came late, damaged, and was never replaced. After months of reaching out to the company (as they still had my money) they told me the table would not be sent. They refunded, but it was after many months and no proper customer service. I wouldn't recommend this vendor at all.

Response from Service D., Dot & Bo Representative
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your honest feedback and experience. This is the last way we want one of our valued customers such as yourself to feel. We apologize for any frustrations and miscommunications in regards to your order.

Your Marble Tulip Dining was ordered on 6/28 with a delivery estimate of 7/20-7/29. The table was delivered to you on 7/24 within it’s estimate, but with defective screws. A replacement was ordered and in transit to you by 8/3 with tracking provided for your reference.

On 8/21, we received word from our shipping partner the replacement table was severely damaged in transit. This item has had issues in transit before, and based it’s poor track record, the table was discontinued.

Our rep worked tirelessly with upper management between 8/23-8/28 to see if there was any kind exception to be made in order to get you this piece as we know how much you truly wanted it. We apologize for a lack of updates during that time. Your refund was processed in full as of 9/3 after we received final word this table would no longer be available.

We hope you can accept our sincerest apologies about this overall expereince. Again, we appreciate you sharing your feedback so we can continue improving our services going forward.

jasong56
9/20/15

Follow up to my first review. Since then, customer relations contacted me. They have acknowledged the less than ideal shopping experience. Amy is trying to make it right for me which I appreciate. I still have not received the larger, more expensive items to date, so I will have a more formed opinion after that time. Pending their quality, I'll decide about the company.

katiem49
9/18/15

I order a console table and pillows -love everything. Quality is great. I had to deal with customer service and they helped immediately.

elverag
9/14/15

I ordered 2 Joanie chairs. While trying to assemble them I noticed the holes did not line up with the chair to the base of the chair feet. I immediately called and I was told they would contact their service department to get me the correct feet. After submitting photos that clearly show the holes do not match no matter how you try they advised me that those are the correct feet and I need to turn the feet 90 degrees. At this point I'm very frustrated and certainly no idiot to try and assembly a chair. No way in hell will those feet work. Laura contacted me through email and explained that they no longer have that chair available and they could refund my money or find something else. Well of course they will refund my money that is convenient for Dot and bo but certainly not me as a consumer. And find something else? I ordered those for a reason. Very disappointed and would not recommend ordering from them.

Response from Service D., Dot & Bo Representative
Hi Elvera,

Thank you for taking the time share your honest feedback and experience. We appreciate you taking photos so we could get a better understanding of what’s going on with the chairs.

Our operations team did verify that the bases sent were the correct bases, which unfortunately means the bases received were defective. There have been no other reports of this item being defective, so we are hoping it’s a one-off experience!

We’d want nothing more than for you the received what you ordered, but these chairs are currently sold out. Rather than hold on to your money for an extended amount of time until this piece becomes available again, we've refunded your card in full instead.

You are free to either keep or donate the chairs in your possession. We hope that you will forgive this unusual circumstance. The overall shopping experience you’ve had with us is far from ideal, and an example of where we need to improve our services for our valued customers such as yourself moving forward.

Again, we appreciate your patience and I look forward to helping make this a better experience for you.

Very Best,

kathyh50
9/11/15

I bought 2 lamps that didn't look like they did on the site. Come to find out that not only do I have to pay to have them shipped back, but that I lose my original $20 shipping fee. I contacted the company saying that the lamps were misrepresented on their site. Instead of trying to keep me as a customer and offering to make it right, they want me to send them pictures of the lamps so THEY can assess whether or not my opinion is right. Hahahah. The customer is always right. Oh wait, your never again customer is always right. #dot&no.

Response from Service D., Dot & Bo Representative
Hi Kathy,

Thank you again for sharing your honest feedback. We received your request for return on 9/1. Two hours later we followed up with return labels, and our return policy (which is available at anytime at http://www.dotandbo.com/returns). After labels were received, we heard feedback of the lights being misrepresented. We do want to make this right and are sorry our return policies are not what you expected.

We just want to see the pendants that have gone out to you so we can update our information as necessary. We just want to make sure the correct pendants went out and make any necessary changes so that we can make any necessary changes to the product description on the website.

We take issues of misrepresentation with utmost seriousness and pictures help us to process these kind of returns. Your assistance ensures that we make any necessary changes to the photos and description of these pendants on our website so our other customers don’t experience the same disappointment.

karenm132
9/10/15

I was quite excited to finally order two acorn-shaped metal boxes, and after waiting for more than five weeks, I finally received my package. When I opened the poorly packed box, I was surprised and quite disappointed to see only one of the acorn-shaped metal boxes, and it has a mismatched top and bottom. I wish I had read all the reviews and checked with consumer reports before I ordered anything. I was eventually given a refund, but it took several calls and lots of frustration.

kristinej1
8/30/15

My order was 4 boxes that were reported to have been delivered on the 16th. I only got 3 so I called customer service. The wonderful "Joy" took my issue to operations to try to track down another chair while customer service worked to track down the fourth one, which was finally delivered the afternoon of the 16th. When I called to let dot & bo know that the chair had arrived, I got the same customer service person who had just been checking on my issue and remembered me. Thanks for having real people.

kellyl62
8/29/15

I ordered a wooden coffee table that was delivered in early July. After about a month the solid walnut table developed a white haze in several areas. I had a furniture repair person take a look at it while they were at my house to repair my sofa. The guy told me that this is most likely the result of moisture that was trapped in the wood under the finish. I emailed with Gennavieve from Dot and Bo to see about receiving a refund for the table even though it was outside of the 30 day return policy. I was offered a small credit to my account for a future order. How can Dot and Bo not stand by the quality of their products. It's not like I simply changed my mind outside of the 30 days. The product was defective. Beware of purchasing from them. They do not stand behind their product.

Response from Service D., Dot & Bo Representative
Hi Kelly,

Thank you for sharing your honest feedback and taking the time to share your expereince. We stand by the quality of our products. This table is a best seller and we haven’t encountered any previous issues like this before. The table was delivered on 05/27/15 and we received your note on 08/26/15. Our designers are constantly updating/discontinuing pieces so the sooner we know of an issue, the more options we have to make things right as soon as possible. Too much time has gone by for us to be able to make an exception on our 30 return policy. We have applied a credit to your account above the maximum that our policy dictates. We apologize for the disappointing expereince and will use this to improve the overall customer expereince for our valued customers such as yourself moving forward.

Sincerely,

km91
8/27/15

Not only was I overcharged $1500.... But I ordered 6 black chairs. 5 were correct one was not.
I then had to send wrong one back & wait for new to be delivered. I just opened box and it's the same WRONG colored chair!!!! So now after being overcharged, which was an engineering error apparently I've TWICE been sent the complety wrong chair.
It seems they are a bit of an unorganized company as I purchase a lot online & have never experienced such unprofessional service.
Now I'm going to have to spend more hours emailing, on phone trying to send wrong chair back & get replacement.
Don't waste your time or money, use a reputable site.

Response from Service D., Dot & Bo Representative
Thank you so much for brining this to our attention and sharing your honest feedback. We were sincerely boggled because nothing like that has ever happened before and we cannot apologize enough. Our Customer Relationship Lead who assisted you on this immediately escalated the issue to our engineering/accounting department with the highest priority and we’re thankful they’ve worked tirelessly over the last 2 days to get to the bottom of things and correct the bug.

We’re also thankful for your patience while we had all hands on deck working to make things right. We want to confirm your correct refunds were processed on 8/25 at 10:57 AM PST. Please allow 5-7 days for the refunds to appear back on your statement.

dianeb50
8/27/15

Love the new recycled wood coat rack I just purchased from Dot & Bo.

catherinet15
8/24/15

I ordered 6 Eiffel slope chairs. Two chairs arrived damaged and none of the plastic feet were included for any of the chairs. After returning the two chairs, they once again arrived damaged. After sending them back a second time I cancelled my order. I finally received the feet some time later after 2 more emails asking where they were. In the same order I purchased a sideboard which I waited weeks for and it also arrived to the delivery company damaged. From there I cancelled it also and will never order from Dot & Bo again! Whoever packages and ships their products is beyond terrible! Not to mention the fact that their shipping charges are outrageous and then still arrive damaged!

Response from Service D., Dot & Bo Representative
Hi Thor and Catherine,

Thank you for taking the time to share your honest feedback and experience. We sincerely apologize for the lack of communication and delay with your refund. We’ve escalated this experience to multiple departments including:

-Merchandising (who will do a quality inspection of the products)
-Operations (who will check into quality of packaging AND take corrective action with our shippers)
-Finance to get you refunded as quickly as possible.

We want reconfirm this refund was processed 08/25 at 5:20 PM PST. We stand by our products and are taking this with the utmost seriousness. We hope that you will forgive this unusual circumstance. The overall shopping experience you’ve had with us is far from ideal and something we will be going over with our upper management at the next appropriate meeting.
Also, we've applied a credit towards your Dot & Bo account as a sincere apology for the lapse in communication. We hope that if you ever decide to give us another chance, this credit will help us in providing a night/day experience on a future order.

diannel6
8/18/15

Great product, shipping time as expected, packaged well, as described and pictured on Dot & Bo website, well made piece of decor, looks fantastic on my outdoor patio table!

brynniel
8/16/15

UPDATE: Dot and Bo's customer service was great. They offered me discounts, but I was no longer interested in the product, so they arranged for a pickup of the item.

Tried to buy a $300 bar cart. Cart was delivered 3 weeks after the original delivery estimate. After emailing customer service, was told they would look into and email me back. Finally I received package without a follow up email even though the site still said it hadn't even shipped. Cart was constructed completely differently to that of the picture on the website. Lesser quality materials, obviously different design. It was very clearly a copy of the original which was photographed where even the the simplest design aspects were not honored. The bar cart was not even close to flush with the ground. I sent them a picture with a pencil underneath the wheel, so about 1/2 an inch crooked. Each shelf was also crooked. The wheels in picture were wood, in the one they sent they were possibly a poor quality wood, but felt more like plastic with coating. In pic, the wheels were light brown wood, in reality they were jet black (this is how misleading the picture was.)

Tip for consumers: Honestly the worst quality item I have ever purchased.

Response from Service D., Dot & Bo Representative
Hi Bryn,

Thank you for taking the time to take those photos and share your experience. It’s the last possible experience we want for our valued customers such as yourself.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your honest feedback with our supervisor of Customer Relationships as well. It truly helps us get a better understanding of the issue. We’ve reported this issue and shared your photos with our merchandising team. We're hopeful we can get things adjusted with this product ASAP.

Also, we want to confirm your return label has been emailed and courtesy pick up has been scheduled so we can get that cart out of your hair. Thank you again for your invaluable feedback and insights.

zimag
8/16/15

I have shop this website often. The items have being modern, stylish, and makes it easy to get great decor for any room. With fast ship, great customer feedback(when needed), and nicely packed items is a great website, to shop at.

maxiep2
8/15/15

looks great exactly what I expected

aleciac
8/14/15

i ordered a coatrack that was expected to arrive in the last week of july, no later than july 30. a week and a half after july 30 i reached out and their rep told me that they had no idea where the item was. they've finally agreed to ship it, but i think if i had not reminded them, my item would have never arrived. disaster.

Response from Service D., Dot & Bo Representative
Hi Alecia,

Thank you so much for taking the time share your honest feedback. We apologize for this less than ideal experience. Once we received your review, we escalated your order within our Customer Relationships department. Our VP of Customer Relationships has called and left you a message to follow up on your experience, and has followed-up via mail. We cannot apologize enough for your experience and absolutely try to be proactive in our communication. We thank you again for your review as it allows us to quickly gather feedback and make the necessary changes to improve the Dot & Bo experience. Your coat rack is on track to arrive today. We hope love it as much as we do and can accept our sincerest apologies.

susanr64
8/11/15

There's a lot to be said for having more negative 1 star reviews than positive. If it means you need to revamp your business shipping methods, you might need to pay closer attention to what customers are telling you rather than simply a generic apology. That being said, this was my first order, of course never received because I cancelled it and requested a refund. I will not attempt a purchase again. Hint, if you advertise it, you'd better make sure you have it in stock FIRST, especially when you're taking payment up front without delays. Nobody likes to be given an order date only to be told there is a delay after waiting a month, months, or even longer as some people have reported.

Response from Service D., Dot & Bo Representative
Hi Susan,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your honest and constructive feedback. We understand that reading negative reviews may make you second guess ordering from us again, but we are in the process of several system improvements, with an overarching focus on shipping methods. We’re in the process of moving warehouses to better accommodate our growth and customers. Unfortunately, this warehouse is slightly backed up resulting in the delay. You should have been notified of the delay with order and cannot apologize enough for the lapse in communication.

We’ve applied a credit to your Dot & Bo account as a sincere apology for this less than ideal shopping experience. It’s the last thing we want for our valued customers such as yourself. We hope that if you ever decide to give us another shot, this credit will help us to provide you a night and day experience.

dw518
8/10/15

Their customer service is terrible. I've spent almost $2,000 on their furniture in the last 2 years and when my coffee table was delivered without being unpacked, instead of upgrading me to white glove delivery service, which I was prepared to pay for, they suggested I "contact task rabbit." The coffee table weighs 200 pounds and I only weigh 120lbs.
There's no reward for being a loyal customer.
You can get better stuff elsewhere with better customer service.

Response from Service D., Dot & Bo Representative
Hi Dahvi,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and for your support through the years. We apologize for this less than ideal experience and hope to clarify any misunderstandings. We would gladly upgrade your service to include white glove prior to delivery, however, we did not receive your request until after the delivery. White glove delivery is available after delivery at an additional cost.

We wanted to give you multiple options on how to proceed including charging for post delivery White Glove OR contact task rabbit (a much cheaper alternative). We are here to assist you in the best way possible. Wether it’s coordinating a white glove delivery at your request or suggesting a less expensive alternative, we are here to assist you.

Again, we apologize for any misunderstandings.

samw79
8/1/15

Love my mirror I purchased! Only wish shipping was a tad faster. Different Products you don't see everywhere.

markb210
7/31/15

After reading the reviews.. I was little nervous that I wouldn't get my order...But I received it in a timeLy fashion (1 week) and it looks great in my hallway! I have nothing but good things to say about this company.

Hi Simona, Thanks for reaching out! We've located your email case and informed our Customer Relationships team. We will have a member of this team reach out ASAP to work with you on this. Very best, The Dot & Bo Team

By Service D., Dot & Bo Representative

Hi Jen! We understand that reading negative reviews may make you second guess ordering from us, but we have made several system improvements since last summer and work hard every day to make changes to ensure a more positive customer experience. We're here if you have any further questions or concerns!

By Service D., Dot & Bo Representative

Hi Suzan, Thanks for reaching out! Our Customer Relationships team is happy to look into this for you and can be reached directly here: www.dotandbo.com/contact Very best, The Dot & Bo Team

By Service D., Dot & Bo Representative

Hi Mary, Thanks for reaching out. We'd be happy to check in to your order! Please send a request through our online Help Center at: http://www.dotandbo.com/help and one of our Customer Relationships agents will get back to you as soon as possible!

By Service D., Dot & Bo Representative

Hi Melissa, Thanks for reaching out! I'm very sorry about the confusion around our our shipping charges. Hopefully my explanation can clarify this for you. The surcharge is in addition to the base shipping charge. Shipping surcharges are applied to furniture pieces that are heavy, large, or have angles that make them difficult to maneuver. Larger pieces are often heavier and take longer to move across the country, which means they cost more to ship. For future reference, you can see that information under the header "Shipping Policy" on the item's product page. You may see our base shipping charges by visiting our shipping page at the link below. http://www.dotandbo.com/shipping Please note that these are U.S. shipping charges for the 48 contiguous states. Dot & Bo currently charges an additional fee for packages shipped to Hawaii and Alaska. We're happy to help you navigate your way through our site or answer any other questions you may have, so please don't hesitate to reach out to us through our online help center at: http://www.dotandbo.com/help

By Service D., Dot & Bo Representative

Hi Phil, Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry for the trouble with your daughter's refund! I see that Laura had responded to your e-mail and corrected the issue with the refund. Your daughter's full refund was processed back to her card on March 8th. We're happy to help you navigate your way through our site or answer any other questions you may have, so please don't hesitate to reach out to us through our online help center at: http://www.dotandbo.com/help

By Service D., Dot & Bo Representative

Hi Judy, Thanks for reaching out! We're happy to help. Shipping surcharges are applied to furniture pieces that are heavy, large, or have angles that make them difficult to maneuver. The surcharge is in addition to the base shipping charge. Larger pieces are often heavier and take longer to move across the country, which means they cost more to ship. We hope this information is helpful! Cheers, The Dot & Bo Team

By Service D., Dot & Bo Representative

I called 800-693-9937, pressed 2 for "placing an order" and told the representative I had been trying unsuccessfully to "unsubscribe" to their website but was prevented by a pop up blocker screen. She did it for me immediately and I got an email confirmation within about 1 minute.

By kathy b.

Hi there, Thank you for reaching out. We are an online design shop headquartered in the heart of San Francisco. Thanks for your interest in Dot & Bo. Please feel free to contact us anytime for assistance or for inspiration at service@dotandbo.com! Kind Regards, Dot & Bo Community Management

By Service D., Dot & Bo Representative

Hi Dena! Thank you for taking the time out to share your concerns with us. If you'd like to provide us your order number at your earliest convenience, we're more than happy to check on the status of your order. In the meantime, we're happy to help share how our ordering system and shipping estimates work. When an order is placed online with us, payment is processed and your order is submitted. As we hand-pick special items from all over the world from different artists and designers, we coordinate shipping from a variety of locations. Each piece may ship separately and will have a unique shipping estimate (listed on the item's product page and in the order confirmation email). Once an item is ready to ship, you will receive a confirmation email and tracking number. You may also check on the status of your order at your My Account > My Orders page at any time. Some items may not show a shipping update until they're closer to their estimated shipping window, but rest assured, we are still working on your order. We hope this helps! Thanks for shopping with us at Dot & Bo and have a great rest of your day

By Service D., Dot & Bo Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Dot & Bo staff and other customers.

16 Photos for Dot & Bo