Review of Target

Tel: 1-800-591-3869
Guest.service@target.com
2017 Customer choice award

Legitimate

Target has been investigated by LegitScript, a NABP recognized organization that vets online pharmacies and has been given "legitimate" status. For more information, please visit the Legitscript report.

murraym38
12/13/17

Mr. Cornell, CEO Target Corp

Sometimes the Boss should be aware of what is happening in their stores.

My wife and I were in need of a Christmas tree in anticipation of a large gathering at our home this year. On November 29, 2017 around 6:00PM it was recommended by our daughter and granddaughter that we visit the Chaska, MN Target Super Store, which we did.

In entering the store we asked an attendant where their Christmas tree section was and were directed to the back of the store.
Reaching the area we spent 10 or so minutes reviewing the available trees on display. Spotting a young girl in a red vest in the next isle I asked a question about a particular tree stand I saw. Her response was that she didnt work in that section and did not know. I asked if she could call over another person that could help. She said sure.
My wife and I continued browsing the area and after about 10-minutes I walked back up to that girl and asked if she had called someone. Her response: OK, Ill do that now and then announced on the stores PA system Customer needs help in section C [something]. A woman quickly came to our aid, was friendly and helpful. She answered our question and then proceeded to assist us with picking out a Christmas tree.
After some time in comparing trees, likes and dislikes we choose our tree only to discover from Cheri our helper that they were out of stock.
Being the tree that we wanted I asked if we could purchase the display tree. Her response was Im not sure but will find out.
Cheri moving just a few feet away gets on her store phone and asks We have a Christmas tree on display but out of stock can the customer purchase the display tree? A males voice replies We cannot sell our display trees.
I said to Cheri, I heard and asked if she could check with other stores if they had that particular tree (051013709) in stock.
She did, coming back with The Minnetonka Store on Hwy 101 has them in stock. I then told my wife Lets just drive over to the Minnetonka store and buy it.
Walking away I just had this feeling and went back to Cheri asking if she would call the store and have one held for us.
A few minutes later she comes back and says Im so sorry, Minnetonka is out of stock on that model tree.
Now, how would I have felt after driving all that way to the Minnetonka store only to get this news?
At this point, I ask again to see the store manager. Cheri back on her phone connects with the store manager and says
The customer would like to see you. The managers response: What does he want? Cheri says: He wants to see you about the display tree.
Not long at all a Mr. Ma****ha shows up. No smile or happy greeting, just That particular Tree is out of stock in fact it has been discontinued and I cannot sell it to you today but if you come back a week before Christmas I can sell it to you for 30% off.
I politely responded to him: Youre telling me that you have a tree on display for sale that has been discontinued and out of stock but you cant sell the display tree to me until a week before Christmas? He responded Yes, its store policy.
I challenged his position with something like: Why would you have a tree on display that you cannot sell? That in having this tree on display, you will be wasting the time of other customers that are interested in that tree and having your employees running around trying to help your customers? Does this make sense to you? I am willing to pay you full price for this display tree w/out the additional 30% discount and you will relieve your customers and employees of a lot of frustration, now
Mr. M responded Im sorry, its store policy.
Extremely frustrated my wife and I calmly leave the store.

The next morning, hoping to get the attention of someone at Target Corporate I first go through Targets Guest Services-Store Experience help line. It didnt take me long to realize that I was be patronized by a very friendly Mr. Daniel that was repeating a script that he had obviously memorized.
Daniel insured me that the Regional Manager will be getting this information and will be in contact with me.
Escaping the Rabbit Hole; I thank him for his time ending the call.
I call back and ask for the supervisor of that same department.
A very nice lady after asking me to tell her my complaint tries to
help me in finding that particular tree. Putting me on- hold she calls two stores.
[Went something like]
One store has one like it but not the same.
The other store has one.
I ask her to call that store that has one and ask them to physically put their hand on it before I drive to the store.
She gets back to me, Youre correct, they dont have it.
I thanked her for her attempts and we ended the call.

I have purchased computer display units (Computers, Printers etc.) from other Big Box Stores in the past without any issues.
You would think that purchasing a display Christmas Tree wouldnt be so difficult.
In my investigation of Christmas Trees I discover that the same vendor supplies both Target and Menards - Christmas Trees.
Not the same models but close.
The next morning we head out to our local Menards in Eden Prairie.
This store is huge but we are quickly directed to the Christmas Tree section.
Very similar to Targets layout of display trees we spend a good twenty-thirty minutes looking at trees and decide on one that is very close to the one we saw at Target.
Another customer also looking at trees comes up to us and she says: I just love that tree but they are out of stock. I need to pick one out for our office and wouldnt you know the one I like is out of stock.
I look at my wife and said: Ill be right back. Im sure she knew what I was about to do.
I walk up to the first person I find wearing a blue vest. Can you tell me if you would be able to sell a display Christmas Tree if you are out of stock? The employee responded with; You would need to talk to Building Supplies. Their counter is right over there.
Reaching the building supplies desk I ask: If you are out of stock on a particular Christmas Tree would you be willing to sell your display unit? He responded with: Gee, I dont know, show me the tree. We both walk over to the display area, I show him the tree, he pulls the tag off the tree, walks over to the racking were they keep their stocked items and sees that they are out of stock. He then instructs me to follow him to another customer service desk where he gets the attention of I assume is a manager, name tag says Matt and explains the situation to him. Matt looks at me and says: Do you have a bag to put this tree in, if not we can grab a bag for just $20.00.
He was so quick, I replied with a quick stutter, sure!
The three of us begin walking to the display area.
Reaching the display area the two employees immediately begin dismantling the Tree. My wife seeing whats happening is quick to grab a tree bag and revolving stand. The two gentlemen bag the tree, zip-it-up up and place it on top of our cart. Mission accomplished, you would think that we were done. NO! Matt says to my wife and I do you shop here often? I say: No we dont. Matt says: We have some phenomenal Specials going on right now, if you have a couple minutes follow me. In my head Im saying to myself you just got the display tree you wanted, sure Ill follow him.
Just two isles over Matt points out a special they have on Pork and Beef roasts for just $6.00/ea. They are delicious, my wife loves them, Matt says In our basket my wife places one beef roast. We continue on down next isle. Matt: Do you use KCups? Yes, we do. Matt: Look at this, an 80-count box for just $17.00. Recognizing the same brand I purchase at our local grocery store, 42-count for $18.95, in the basket it goes.
I look at my wife and say: This is silly, were going to end up buying everything this guy points out to us. I thank Matt for showing us the deals but let him know we need to go home.
Matt escorts us to the register area, gives the paperwork to the cashier on the Christmas Tree and waits for the other items to be processed and paid for. He then with a big smile Thanks us for shopping at Menards and wishes us a Happy Holiday Season. I reply with: Thank you so much Matt for your assistance and we will be back to look at more deals you have.
Happy Holidays to you too.
No, the Target Regional Manager never got back to me.

jayw37
12/10/17

I placed an order for a gift of 20 candles and was sent the wrong item twice including the replacement items and they all came broken. And I only received half the order. The customer service rep gave me a partial refund,told me target.com messed up the description and said the other half of my order will arrive on Monday and I would receive a call from the target escalation team regarding ordering the original item on Tuesday. Well its Saturday night and I havent received a telephone call But I did receive the other half of the order, which is also wrong and came broken. And the rep tells me its no excuse but we have a lot of new workers and are receiving a lot of orders. Really? So here I am over a week later with broken merchandise I didnt order, half a refund for items I still need, and Half an order that should have arrived last week with the rest of the order that is not only broken, but they PACKED THE BOX WITH GARBAGE. A USED POTATO CHIP BAG, USED SCRATCH CARDS, AND A USED GROCERY PRODUCE BAG WAS IN THE BOX! And when I asked to speak to someone higher up, the rep I spoke to tonight said there is no one higher up, hes already located in the Target corporate building, and besides, we have no control over what happens in our distribution centers so he doesnt know what I want him to do. I AM FLABBERGASTED!

zeidaj
12/6/17

Lately I have been doing most of my shopping online. Unfortunately businesses like Target, Walmart and Amazkn are outsourcing at an alarming rate. While Understand this is lowering their overhead. Customer experience sucks. Operators from China and other places have difficulty with the language and I must spend a crazy amount of time tryingto help them understand the issues . It is neither fair to them nor to the American Consumer . My Time is precious also and Im not an English linguistics expert. When asked to speak to supervisor there are never any available. On one occasion the same representative came back on phone and posed as a supervisor but gave herself up.It:s sad , since customers will just move on to other stores. Iwaited online 35 minutes each time to speak to a foreign operator who sadly could not understand me. No happy and no more

grego1019
12/5/17

Hi, I ordered a game from Target.com and so it shipped out via UPS to USPS (for final delivery). Well, it became lost in transit and so only the shipper (Target) can call UPS and USPS to ask for lost shipment measures/tracers. It was a complete nightmare dealing with Target customer service. I dealt with Target chat reps Garry, Homer, Reuben, and Allie and they were all completely useless and just wanted to pass the buck to someone else instead of doing their jobs and just requesting Target Logistics help me find the lost package. When I called Target customer service, I of course got their overseas India call center. The first lady could not understand English after speaking really slow and repeating myself 6 times. I next called another non-US Target rep JoJo who just hung up on me after I simply asked if Target could contact the shipping companies so I could get my order. It had been lost for about 2 weeks. So I tried to call Target corporate and the operator there refuses to let you speak to someone in corporate and she just puts you back in the complete joke customer service (India) call center.

So since I tried to be nice and get this resolved and Target could obviously care less, I decided to place a BBB complaint, a MN state attorney general complaint (in MN because of there Target corporate is located), and a FTC complaint. LOL, lo and behold, I got my refund real soon after. Several months ago, I bought a TV from Target.com and it was broken in 4 places because of this little podunk shipping company they used (who obviously threw the TV around and broke it). If they had used UPS, USPS, or FedEx it would not have been broken.

I see a lot of people on here who think they are out of money with their Target experience, but they just need to do what I did-dispute it with your payment method, BBB, MN State Attorney General, and FTC and you will get your money back. Don't let Target take your money and give up on ever getting it back. It just makes me absolutely sick Target was just so impossible to deal with. Can't the corporate members see that their horrible customer service is why they are losing so badly to Amazon? I will never, ever go to Target again (stores or online) as they obviously could absolutely care less about customers. Amazon and Wal Mart would have sent me a replacement or refund in one call. Thanks for reading!

melissaw121
12/3/17

Wanted to return bedsheets that were wrong size. Called to MAKE SURE THAT THEY HAD THE RIGHT SIZE and THEY SAID YES. I told them that I was driving from out of town just to make sure that they had my size first, again they said yes. Went to the Target Store in Burlington NC walked to the back to get correct size and guess what, NO KING SIZE. Talked to the Manager and he went to find out which sales associate told me that they had my size. Manager came back and said John the Sales associate is new and did not look at the right section and size. Manager said that is was a learning lesson for the sales associate. Manager said that he could give me a little discount if I wanted to pick out another different set but thats not what I wanted. Then he said, I can give you 10% on something else, again I said no but how about a gift card, he said, No cannot do that. I was so upset and it did not seem to matter to him that The Customer was upset. I walked to the front to get my money back. Wasted Day, Wasted Gas Money because A Salesperson did not seem to be smart enough to make sure that there was a KING SIZE in stock that I was driving to come get! I will never give them my business again!! No Compassion!

katies116
12/1/17

I paid $75.00 (yes $75.00) to have Target send three pairs of shorts and two bathing suits "express mail." I am leaving tomorrow on vacation and wanted new bathing suits. The shorts arrived but the bathing suits showed delayed status but it showed delivery for today. Delivery was originally scheduled for two days ago. I just received another delayed message showing that my delivery will not arrive for another five days (when I am on vacation). Had I known this earlier, I could have gone shopping. As it is, we leave tomorrow and I will not have a bathing suit. I would not use them again for any rush order.

jamesr335
11/29/17

20 percent cupon if you buy today but when you go to buy at a later date out of stock then 2 days later on sale total ripoff never buy from them again

someonesn
11/22/17

I tried Walmart online and will never, ever do it a again. It was a total nightmare and I should have known. I wasted hours of my time for when I thought I was supposed to be saving time. Target on the other had was my second choice. I wish I had made it my first. Not only was the same products cheaper but with was easy and it did save me time. No messed up order issues, no long waits at the store, no long waits on hold with customer service in India. Target needs to get some credit for their amazing customer service and organization. My Christmas gift to everyone is this advice. Do not shop Walmart online, if you want to shop online your holidays should run as planned with Target.com

jeannier10
11/22/17

If i could give less than one star, then I would. I placed an order online and my CC was charged, however I never received an email confirmation. I called customer service and they could not find my order, even though my CC had been billed, which should not happen until the order has shipped. I asked to speak with someone else and was told to call back in a couple of hours! Really?? When I called back they said the charges should be reversed, because they were pending and I said they are not pending, they have been processed. Needless to say, I had to dispute the charges with my bank and wait for them to process. I asked about reordering and getting the "one day only" sale price of my order and Target said "no", can't help you. I will NEVER shop at Target again!

juanc117
11/21/17

Las acciones de apoyo de destinar las ventas del iphone 8 special para apoyar a los afectados por los terremotos en México y en países de américa es una excelente labor que magnifica el buen corazón de Target. Gracias Apple, gracias Target son ustedes el número uno y Target "Lo Mejor del mundo" Gracias.

annetter30
11/12/17

Software inadequate on the site and customer service a joke. Will not order from target.com again. I'll stick to Amazon they do online ordering well!

dots13
11/11/17

I can't believe Target accepted the new inventory from Chip and Joanne Gaines to sell in their stores. The items I've seen online are dull, ugly and cheap looking. These items have no sparkle.....they resemble items I've seen in Big Lots . Really disappointed.... Her other items I've seen are over priced. And now we're on the opposite end of the scale. A name means nothing if the product doesn't show something.

susanw215
11/11/17

I love the fact that I can get a re loadable gift card and load it with what I want. I purchase things online with it. The website is set up for it. A great alternative to Amazon. Target's website is user friendly too, delivery is free and there are some things on line provided that are not in my store. This way I don't have to put my credit card info. online. I am happy with all my orders.

vxx1
11/7/17

Target's site is really great. There is a wide selection of everything, and the free shipping minimum is reasonable. The fact that they offer free shipping & returns for a couple months before Christmas is really great.

I do have a couple of issues. I have found many items that are "no longer available", yet remain listed on the site for days, even weeks. I understand them not updating every single day, but after a few days things should be updated.

The other issue I have, is how many separate packages a single order is shipped in. I recently placed three orders, one being 7 items, the other being 4 items. I'm receiving a total of ELEVEN packages for three orders. It just seems ridiculous.

amyb28
11/6/17
• Updated review

Oh, Target...how the mighty have fallen... I have shopped at Target for many, many years. Never have I been so frustrated with this store. I have been shopping at the Target in McKinney on 121 since 2012. Great store. Clean. Most of the employees are nice. I could almost always find what I was looking for. That is until the last 3-4 months. I first started noticing the things I purchased regularly were not in stock. Then their place in the shelves disappeared completely forcing me to buy online and from other retailers because I would find lower prices. Then this particular location did a remodel. Which was a total nightmare. I've been in half a dozen times since the remodel was completed and still cannot find the things I am looking for. Whoever merchandized this store should be punched in the throat. This past weekend my husband and I spent an hour in there doing our normal grocery shopping. We had to split up to find the items we were looking for and some of them we still couldn't find. We were exasperated and finally left. We decided to order the items we could not find on Target.com. I received an email today stating that those items are not going to be delivered in time. Really? Also while I was in their website I noticed that they have certain things that cannot be shipped unless you spend $25 even if you're a Redcard member. I am going to start shopping at a different Target to see if I have a better in-store experience. If not then I will be searching for a new store to shop at. Oooooh, and I can't forget that Target now plays music. Ugh. Totally distracting and annoying.

“I love Target”
12/15/14
• Previous review

I love Target. Though they do not have as many awesome deals as they used to. Their shipping is relatively slow when you use the free shipping from your Red Card. The clothes used to be really good, but now it seems like the quality has dipped a bit. The shoes and shirts do not seem to last quite as long. Target is still fun and I always choose it over places like Walmart. I am disappointed that they stopped carrying my favorite bathroom cleaner, Mr. Clean Shower and Bathtub cleaner.

nicka84
11/6/17

I just drive an hour to go to your cranberry pa store to purchase an item that I know was in stock sitter yi a manager confirming it for me. This was an item exclusive to your store and when I arrive I am told we don't have it from an employee. Then hear the same employee joke saying "how these purple are idiots and I just hide them or have friend but them and sell them online". That is scalping and according to your policies an offense resulting in termination. You should be ashamed and I understand that you probably don't even care about one person or that target is rated poorly across the internet, but maybe you should.

homas1
10/29/17

Very happy with my purchases. Good customer service. There was a problem which resolved very Quickly. Fast shipping. Love to buy from them again. Reliable with good prices to shop from.

taran28
10/20/17

Target is just great. They have their act together. Ordering online is easy, returns are no-hassle, shipping is fast. I love how you can shop online and have it sent to the store for pick up too... so convenient!

scottp117
10/10/17

Target has a new policy, apparently. If you are a woman, you do not have the right to privacy. I guess men can use the ladies room if they want to. Not just men identifying as women... just any guy.

If you ask to have a man removed from the bathroom, you will be removed from the store.

Seems like a weird policy.

phyllisc33
10/9/17

Returned to the store where I purchased a phone Thursday for help with locating my contacts..was advised by associate should not have purchased phone from the other associate as she is untrustworthy and messes up all the time..checked my sale..all costs misrepresented to me..then advised verizon will charge me $300 to 400 for returning it..also told no need to r talk to target management..nothing they could do

laural186
10/9/17

Despite the fact that the store designs are nice, the people that work there are complete lunatics and the store is just too big. Clothing designs are weird and all clothes are for regular people, nothing for tall people. Workers, if you find any, have zero motivation to help you find stuff. I've stopped going to Target all together.

st19161
10/9/17

Long story short: customer service was not helpful, did not sound like they knew what they were doing, felt like they were bs-ing me the whole time.

Long story:

I called the first time and Mike(?) said my card is activated with this amount and can be used, so I restated my problem is the balance that it's not working at the stores, so he transferred me to gift card specialist, but no one ever answered, so I hung up and called again. This time, I chose another option from the automated machine.

Told the new guy (Paul?) my issue again and he told me the same thing, card is activated with a balance of whatever. Obviously, he wasn't listening to my problem so I repeated the issue. This guy kept putting me on hold (more than the other one too), He kept babbling about finding a solution and sorry about the inconvenience and every time he said something like that, he would put me on hold. Later he told me the reason why it wasn't working was because there's no balance, and I told him that's not possible because I never used it AND 2 of the workers said there's still a balance! Put me on hold again and came back to tell me it was used on the 7th. I told him I can send him the receipt as proof that I used my own cc for that purchase. On hold again, getting really annoyed now, so the next time i got a hold of him, i just gave him a solution - if he could just cancel the card that i have right now and just send me another one that works. I'm not asking for anything more for the inconvenience, just what is on the card.

He said okay and put me on hold. Came back on and he asked which email he should send it to, so I started giving him my email, but i guess he wasn't following fast enough and asked for an order # instead. I didn't buy the card and the company that send me the card didn't have the order # too, so I told him I don't have it. Then he said he can't give it to me without the order #....I was like wtf! you just asked me for me email address to send me the card! But now that I said I don't have the order#, they can't send it to me?? This is complete bullcrap.

Now I'm talking to the supervisor (May) and she insisted on the order # too. She told me she can give me a case # and that I can call this # again when I'm purchasing at Target so that they can walk the employees through a process for me to use my gift card without actually scanning it. This is getting insane...they are basically telling me, I have to be the $#*! for their incompetence by holding up the line at Target so that I can call and get a hold of them! What if the call center is busy?? How long am I suppose to hold up the line for the rest of the customers?? She even patronized me by telling me I'm not stupid and that I know how to use a gift card online.

Oh, by the way, this was for a measly $5 and I was on the phone for over half an hr, not including the first call! Could've just given me another gift card that worked and I'll be on my way. I even forwarded the email with my gift card to prove I wasn't lying and the supervisor claimed she didn't receive it and that it would take 10 min...I really didn't understand why an order # would matter if they know I have a legit gift card with a balance...needless to say, I am very disappointed with Target, take your business elsewhere with better customer service

pauly35
10/4/17

I lived across from the Mall of Monroe Monroe Michigan and we had a great Target but sadly Target went out of business in the Monroe, Michigan area.
But I will continue to shop at Target when I am in an area that has a Target Store

heatherc115
9/28/17

Better than most stores of its type,quite a lot of organic and natural products. My daughter has several skin issues and this has become her brick and mortar store of choice.

ka7719
9/26/17

Love Target! I shop online and can get most stuff from Target, and since getting their credit card, most of my items are shipped free. Sometimes you do need to reach a certain limit, but other times you can order under $25 or even less and get free shipping. I love Target--the online store and going to the regular stores. Prices are so much cheaper for toiletries than at CVS, etc. Unreal!

269 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Looks like Target has sent a lot of ringers here to up their ratings in the last few months. Nice try guys but your whole shopping experience is still subpar. To answer this question, IT DEPENDS on where you live and what you order. If you're right next to their warehouse, SURPRISE, it's there in a day and you think they are fantastic. If you live far away, the item is no longer in stock or they are slow to fill it, it could take six weeks. It did for us on a couple of occasions, SO it's the luck of the draw and certainly NOT better than Amazon.

By FJ F.

Sometime from other sites, malware can be picked up to track your internet history. I don't think target's website would carry that!

By Brooke B.

This company has lost it, Big Time. Once people found out that Target is more of a front company for political causes, and they only Masquerade as a retailer.. they just stopped going there. They have close All of their stores in Canada.. and have taken a huge hit on their stock in the last year and a half. You can't focus on customer service when you're merely trying to survive. Hopefully, they will be gone soon.

By Prince H.
Questions? Get answers from the Target staff and other customers.

14 Photos for Target