Review of Target

Tel: 1-800-591-3869
Guest.service@target.com
2017 Customer choice award

Legitimate

Target has been investigated by LegitScript, a NABP recognized organization that vets online pharmacies and has been given "legitimate" status. For more information, please visit the Legitscript report.

gin1
7/16/18

Target used to be a great place to shop. The prices used to be very competitive, not anymore. Too expensive for the quality. They changed the layout of the clothing & accessories departments and they are a disaster. Always a mess, and very unorganized. There are some handbags in the handbag section, then some in parts of the clothing section & then more back in the luggage section. Horrible when you are looking for something specific and don't have the time or desire to walk through every inch of the store like a scavenger hunt! And the children's clothes...hideous. That "Art School" label is awful. Really ugly & the fit is bizarre. Nothing good for young teens that do not fit in the junior clothing, everything is geared very young. And the cartwheel app is a pain to use. You can't get any wifi connection in most of the store so you can't even use it! It's a pain in the neck to have to scan all my own items anyway, just put the stuff on sale for everyone and stop wasting everyone's time.

tarrac
7/14/18

I used to really like Target, but I have noticed lately that their prices are not as competitive and the changes to cartwheel are still leaving me confused! I am not a computer person and cartwheel was just perfect, not sure why they went and changed it , but now I can't even take advantage of the new system. I am also getting tired of how many coupons they take. I know some people try to fraudulently use coupons, but when I have 4 coupons and I have bought ALL 4 products it gets irritating when they tell you , you can't use that many in 1 purchase. I am on a tight budget and need to save money, I follow the rules of the coupons, but it seems that companies no longer use common sense. It seems as if we are being penalized for those who misuse coupons. I know Target isn't the only store who is starting this trend with the coupons, however I did think they were bright enough to be able to discern between someone who is trying to run a scam and a person who has bought the correct amount of products! After all I use my Target card, and I did use cartwheel before the change so it's not like they can't see my buying habits!

francesb31
6/30/18

I have a Target Mastercard. I wanted to call customer service to find out when the monthly statement was closing. I could not get through to a representative. Instead I was presented "a deal" for a mobile alert, after rejecting this, I was told that I won a free cruise. I entered 0 for operator and was disconnected. Has anyone had this similar problem?

noybf
6/29/18

I've purchased from Target (in stores and online) for years. Last order is overdue by 9 days, UPS admitted (7 days ago) that they cannot locate the shipment and I have spent 2 days trying to chat online (no one is available to 'chat') along with multiple phone calls to Target just to get a refund for items not received. I am not happy at all and will avoid Target whenever possible in the future.

estera3
6/20/18

Target is my go to store, clean, good customer service and prices are reasonable. Check out is easy.

jackied108
6/13/18

I have bought such from target, and never had a problem with returns. I just bought a Shark robot vacuum and I love it. Clothing and art supplies as well.

bethb95
6/11/18

This is the WORST! It began when I ordered 7 items. I sat back and waited for the e-mail they promised. Never arrived. I started a series of calls to people, then supervisors, then the local store. Finally went in and picked up 4 items. Then I got a song-and-dance about how two items were in fulfillment house. No explanation for the lack of an e-mail. And then they told me the other item was on their floor, but they sold out. And that they'd have everything together in two days. So, I called first. Sure enough, they had 2 of the 3 items. They never got the last one. Then they said they might have re-ordered it for the store. So, they put me on hold and looked. They found that item and put it with my other two items. Then they told me they would give me back what I paid for that item (8.97) and the new charge was 22.10. I said I didn't think it was that much. Then the charge went down to 11.10. When I walked in with paperwork (always keep your paperwork) and showed them the 8.97, they agreed to charge me that price. Then they turned around two days later and overcharged me and didn't give me the refund they promised. So now, they have overcharged me twice. Not to mention all my wasted time on phone calls, gas, going in twice, no e-mail and the general aggravation of the entire experience. I generally like Target when I'm at their store. But no more ship-to-store til they clean up their act. Excuses don't cut it. Almost every other store has managed to create a supply chain that's smoother than this. Why not Target?

camp3
6/4/18

Everything is so poorly made and mass-produced that it falls apart after a few days. But the prices are sooo expensive for what it is. I can get some of the same things at the dollar store. I purchased some shirts, washed them and they became muted, lopsided, uneven, full of holes and loose threads. Can't wear them in public. The website sucks so much too! Weird layout, hard to navigate. They ship your items one by one. Waste of packaging and time. Why can't you mail out 3 shirts together? Why must I wait 2 weeks just to receive them all? Doesn't make sense. Customer service is a joke, don't bother.

faiths31
5/28/18

I love the speed of getting my purchases. Excellent. Good quality product. Fast delivery.. Good response by site.

tl100
5/21/18

Target is pretty much on the level of Walmart - yet employees and shoppers at Target think they're all that. Walmart has nice, humble employees, and their online/phone customer service is nice, too. Meanwhile, Target has employees who will selectively ignore some customers while being super-nice and attentive to others. Just like all employees in all stores in San Francisco.

I remember going to the tech section of my local Target - deep in the stylish downtown area. The dumb employees there ignored the hell out of me, even when I was in that tiny electronics section for a long time, obviously looking to buy something. Then depending on the customer coming, they'll choose to greet or not greet, approach or not approach, converse or not. SF is very discriminatory and exclusionary. I finally had to ASK an employee for help, and that dumb hipster was rude and condescending, and acted like he knew more when I knew more about the products I was asking about. I had done my research, and he didn't know anything about external hard drives or anything tech. He looked like some community college flunkee.

Whenever I've asked an employee for help at any Target store, they're dismissive and condescending. And then I see the same employee greeting others on their own, and being super nice and reverent towards them.

Target is one of those stores where employees and customers are full of themselves. It's affordable like Walmart - but way more exclusionary, stuckup, and hateful. Something as low as Target shouldn't be as full of itself like that.

Their website sucks, too. And so does their toll-free website number, and their online chat. They have a good return policy, but returns employees in stores are consistently rude to me, while being nice to others.

Target always has the receipt surveys you can fill out after buying/returning something. I always fill them out, yet they always fail to improve their customer service. It's like they're brain-dead. They're obviously not interested in having me as a customer - and I've been a loyal customer for many years.

Tip for consumers: Employees & customers in SF are snooty for such an affordable Walmart-level store. Employees are attentive and nice to some customers, while ignoring and being rude to others. Website is awkward to use. Good return policy, but returns people in stores are consistently rude to me. SF store never corrects their bad service, even if I fill out all the surveys on receipts.

peterc40
5/20/18

I stop at my local Target store almost every Monday morning to get a cup of coffee at the Starbucks shop inside the store. But I rarely bother to go into the Target store itself anymore. When I do, I find the aisles clogged with carts from employees stocking shelves without any regard for the safety or convenience of their customers. I can't get down the aisles, or I find the stock carts blocking the shelves I want to access. Once an employee actually pushed my shopping cart out of the way with hers, very curtly informing me, "I need to get in there." On the rare occasions when I do actually buy something, the self-check-out registers invariably short-change me by a few cents - which is better than using a cashier, because they have short-changed me by as much as $20. I don't know how this store manages to stay in business...

lauraj124
5/10/18

I loved Target and Target.com, until the last few times ordering online. They have messed up my orders.
They have also over charged my card 2 x times. One order, I received someone elses order, then my item was out of stock, since I ordered the last one and someone else received it. I never got my items. And it took 14 days to get the credit on my card(it was not my bank it was them) They said sorry and that was it. I do not know what is going on with them? Sad, but I will not be ordering online anymore. Also, the Target in town is so slow and rude when picking up orders. Sad to go, but Target I'm done.

razia7
4/29/18

I have 12 giftcards of $5 denominations, and Target.com wont allow me to use them in one go, i can only use 4 at a time, that means i dont get to use their free shipping option. I have to now go to the store to redeem these giftcards.
Does NOT make sense.

barbh21
4/28/18

I will not return to Target until they stop letting men into ladies dressing rooms and restrooms. This is unforgivable, reprehensibe and uncivilized--and dangerous.

kathyk118
4/18/18

On line order: With Toys R Us potently leaving the US, it will be important for Target to increase its online Legos presence. I ordered 2 Star War Legos for my adult brother for Christmas 2017 and one of the boxes was missing a few parts. My brother tells me that Lego will ship the missing parts. In store purchase: I purchased a large barn for my great nieces, the barn had to be assembled. The interior pieces (corner pieces and stall doors) did not fit properly. Corner pieces had to be filed. Manufacturer provided no assistance-just refer to the enclosed instructions. Target needs to make sure that any problems can be quickly addressed-either through Target or their suppliers.

ashleyl125
4/11/18

I have been in target many times and have never had a positive experience. There is never anyone around to help when you need it and they do not have an organized plan for customer service.

barbarah224
4/7/18

Love target there staff there products are great . Fast shipping. LOVE this store!!! Always great prices, great and quick delivery. Quality merchandise. Great selection, excellent quality..

tw373
4/3/18

My wife ordered a wedding shower gift from target online and i picked it up today.It was a large box that was so beat up it looked as if had been thrown off of three trucks.It is filthy dirty,has holes in the box,The box is crushed in places and there was no bottom to the box,just a cut piece of cardboard held on with plastic straps,there are pieces rattling around the inside (i'm sure it's broken).Not knowing when the shower was i picked it up,but i am certain my wife will return it because it is in such deplorable condition.Consider the amount of disrespect target has for it's own customers to send that off of a wedding registry for a gift...think about that next time you want to order a gift or anything from target.THINK ABOUT THE INCREDIBLE LACK A RESPECT TARGET HAS FOR IT'S OWN CUSTOMERS THE NEXT TIME YOU WANT TO ORDER SOMETHING FROM TARGET ONLINE.I WILL NEVER SET FOOT IN ANOTHER TARGET STORE AS LONG AS I LIVE.

ka7719
3/29/18
• Updated review

I have to say, I can't say enough about TARGET!! I shop in person and I shop online ALL THE TIME. You literally can find everything there. The card is great, save 5% on every purchase? Why not get a card and use it?? I just went the other day to return something I purchased online and it didn't fit. I also had a skillet that I bought but never used. They were able to easily find the item that didn't fit online by looking at my card, and they issued me a credit. The skillet was probably bought at least 6 months prior, but still had tags on and was never used. I was ready to just say forget it and they said we can give you a credit. Since I won't use the skillet, I took the credit, which was probably for the amount I actually paid. I love this store..no hassles when you want to return something. The pharmacy items are always cheaper than CVS or Riteaid...so it pays to shop here!

“Save even more with their card!”
• Previous review

Love Target! I shop online and can get most stuff from Target, and since getting their credit card, most of my items are shipped free. Sometimes you do need to reach a certain limit, but other times you can order under $25 or even less and get free shipping. I love Target--the online store and going to the regular stores. Prices are so much cheaper for toiletries than at CVS, etc. Unreal!

jasimep
3/29/18

Great items great prices!
They have almost everything what I want :)
Love this store
Very recommend!!!!!!

gilib
3/20/18

Target has the best prices for the great quality of products that they have. The offer stylish clothes an other goods at a reasonable price. Whenever I need anything I go to target.

kellyb249
3/19/18

Nothing special. Pricey compared to Walmart. Dont have a real selection of plus sized clothes so I dont really shop their much. Everything else is more expensive. Dont sell groceries.

sueb134
3/15/18

Good prices and good selection of clothing for my kids! I can also get them any school supplies to start the school year with. Not fancy but will do.

angelas231
3/15/18

I did a video review of Target, and I tried on their clothes in the video! I hope you find this review helpful!

laurenp71
3/11/18

I purchased phones for Christmas. The store didn't properly activate the phones. I did not have the receipt, and they claimed they could not find the purchase using the card number. I wound up buying additional phones and plans elsewhere on top of the money I had already spent. Also, the manager was incredibly rude and inconsiderate. Never again in all of my life will I shop at Target. Never again will my family shop at Target. I will continue to let people know about my experience, so they don't make the same mistake I did.

269 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Looks like Target has sent a lot of ringers here to up their ratings in the last few months. Nice try guys but your whole shopping experience is still subpar. To answer this question, IT DEPENDS on where you live and what you order. If you're right next to their warehouse, SURPRISE, it's there in a day and you think they are fantastic. If you live far away, the item is no longer in stock or they are slow to fill it, it could take six weeks. It did for us on a couple of occasions, SO it's the luck of the draw and certainly NOT better than Amazon.

By FJ F.

Sometime from other sites, malware can be picked up to track your internet history. I don't think target's website would carry that!

By Brooke B.

This company has lost it, Big Time. Once people found out that Target is more of a front company for political causes, and they only Masquerade as a retailer.. they just stopped going there. They have close All of their stores in Canada.. and have taken a huge hit on their stock in the last year and a half. You can't focus on customer service when you're merely trying to survive. Hopefully, they will be gone soon.

By Prince H.

Questions? Get answers from the Target staff and other customers.

14 Photos for Target