Target

2018 CUSTOMER CHOICE AWARD

Target has a consumer rating of 3.71 stars from 1,643 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Target also ranks 55th among Women's Clothing sites.

• I do like that I can find items online that I can't find in the stores.
  • Somehow someone got my credit card number and was ordering groceries online in Fla.
  • 2018 Customer Choice Winner

• It was a complete nightmare dealing with Target customer service.
  • On 09/17/2014 (from an order place on August 2014):
  • Recently I contacted Target Corporate office and spoke with Amy regarding my local South Florida Target store.
How would you rate Target?

“Luv it!”

Hodgepodge I.
1/30/20

I love Target online shopping. Great products, prices. Easy to navigate. Most always fast ship and their shipping updates bring a smile. However, when they use Fedex I roll my eyes. Not an efficient shipper Most times shipping is UPS or mail.

“Not only did Target fail to deliver, they also canceled my order without consulting me”

Michael S.
2/5/20

Web site has awful functionality, but I finally got registered and then received two emails and one text message confirmation. Instead of getting the delivery, I learned that my order had been canceled. No apologies. No further attempts to fulfill the order. Even customer service said nobody was available, so I should call again tomorrow

Reviews (1,643)

customer service (170) order (305) store (462) gift card (45) shopping experience (24) items (207) credit card (29) time (275) red card (38) return policy (14) love shopping (13) 2 weeks (10)
michaels3699
February 5th, 2020
Instead of getting the delivery, I learned that my order had been canceled.
No apologies. No further attempts to fulfill the order.
jessicad485
April 10th, 2020
So my mom & I decided we needed a few things from Target today. When we got in the store there was an Obnoxious honking, and beeping noises all throughout the store. When we asked two different employees what was going on they ignored my mother and myself and just walked away. The sound carried throughout the store for almost an hour. By then we had to just leave. No items bought no answers to our questions rude customer service. I don't think I will be returning.
hodgepodgei
January 30th, 2020
michaeld1890
January 3rd, 2020
On 12/15/19, Target advertised the 5 qt Kitchenaid Professional Mixer at 229.99 with an additional discount of 25% off on Sunday and they ran out of stock right away. The next week, 12/22/19, they ran the same mixer at 199.99 with no stock in stores or online. They did not take care of customers who could not buy the item in either ad. Very poor customer service.
upseta2
February 18th, 2020
How dare you air a commercial that all races of young girls see and make them feel less important. This country has enough division in it and its obvious that target helps promote it. I will no longer buy Honey pot products or shop at your store. Shame on the people who did this.
shonh5
May 14th, 2020
I shop at the Target Tri-County in Cincinnati, Ohio. I love that the staff takes the appropriate measures to sanitize the store- I actually see them do this every time I go- and monitor checkout. Plus the cashiers are nice and there's no crowd. I avoid major grocery stores and shop here, and am just as satisfied with their merchandise. I had to personally thank the cashiers today at checkout!
keitht159
April 29th, 2020
Bought a NETGEAR C3700v2 cable modem/router for less than I was paying for my annual rental of my cable providers modem. This device is easy to hook up. And it is able to give me 130 MB per second in Wi-Fi mode. Download in about 10 to 15 MB per second upload. Toughest thing was getting cable company tech-support to get it going. I am pleading with you to make sure you ensure the modem you're purchasing is compatible currently compatible with your cable provider. Or you will be frustrated. I learned way too much about docs is 3.0 3.1 and Internet package compatibility with different routers yesterday. I hope this helps people this is a great router Wi-Fi combo and again it's cheaper than a yearly rental of my cable modem.
apostled
March 24th, 2020
We went to target to look for black hair products..NONE! A poor selection and an extra small section. We asked the employee where the rest of them were and she was embarrassed. Pitiful. I think target is racist and we take all of our business to Wal-Mart. Now target has honey pot junk for blacks..so pitiful. Dont be in the community if you only serve Beverly Hills.
phyllish108
April 5th, 2020
I won't shop at Target anymore since I saw the racist honeypot commercial. The owner says she hopes the next black girl gets an opportunity to sell a product. She should have left the word black out of the ad, and it would have been perfectly fine. It just shows that it's OK to be racist as long as you aren't white. Since Target thinks this sort of advertising is OK, they won't be getting one penny more of my money.
wills205
January 23rd, 2020
Do NOT ever order from target.com they steal your money and dont give it back very quickly, they are very less than helpful. They won't send anything to your bank to allow you get your money back any faster. Watch out for these SCAM ARTISTS. If I could give them zero stars I would.
lataniaf
May 16th, 2020
Made an attempt to use on line order. Notice an error in delivery address made several attempts to change through app guidelines, which did not work. Attempted to message, email and call customer service during business hour received no reply.

Target still processed my orders although I kept trying to flag my order in a span of fourty-five minutes and then informed me I couldn't cancel my order through the app any longer and would have to instead wait until my order is delivered to the wrongs address and the addressee send it back.

On top of this the customer service app (not an actual person) advised I contact the shipping company for my items that are all still in the target warehouse with no shipping tracker number. The shipping company has informed me that target has flagged my items where only they can change the address on their part, as I was willing to pay for a delivery change through the shipping company, but unfortunately I can't do that only Target can. Which makes frustratingly funny that they don't answer so I can rely that message

Not trying to be a nag, just wished to share my experience so that others can be weary when attempting to either order online or use customer service. :(

Tip for consumers: Shop in store, inquire from actual guest services hopefully they will be much more capable of understanding and dealing with situations.

maryb1655
March 5th, 2020
I don't understand why target allowed the ceo of honey pot to choose her words for the commercial. Color shouldn't have anything to do with starting your own company...if you work hard, you succeed. That's a principle and FACT of life. Does this suggest that most white girls work harder, if the commercial is suggesting that there are hardly any African American females who own their own business?
Please don't put the words color and success in the same sentence, for they are not related...the words "work hard" and success are more appropriate.
Thank you.
michellef863
February 27th, 2020
I placed an order online to be picked up in store. I received a text message saying my order was ready gonna picked up but when I arrived the only items i cared about were not available. I took time out of my day when i was trying to get ready to leave town for a week to go pick this order up and all they said was sorry, and they were reluctant to do that! Never again!! Why say my order is ready if it clearly was not!!
philk110
May 25th, 2020
Ordered two items online, only one showed up and I was not happy about the quality. Called and spoke to a nice woman who was very understanding and apologetic. Gave me a full refund.
edb87
March 4th, 2020
I ordered food items. soups, pasta sauce in glass jars and dry pasta in boxes. Items shipped in one box, not sealed correctly, and cans and glass not separated. Cans arrived all dented and 2 broke open sending soup all over items, broken glass jars. It was all discarded. Called customer service and they resent- 6 days later- and promised to pack it properly and ship it properly. Second box arrives, bottom falling out, tape barely affixed, every can dented, pasta boxes broken open all over box,. Called customer service again. They did credit me and I asked that this time they arrange to do a same day delivery so we can verify AND NOT WAIT another week. First they said yes but them half of the items were not in the store. REALLY??? Soups?? I said forget it- NEVER again. I tried twice. This is food items and when you order food you do so because you need it sooner than later. I spent way too much time wanting to support target. NOt again!
rubyh81
May 17th, 2020
I love target so much.. it is so easy to go there... they always have what you need... also they have cloths for all body types
krystall80
January 14th, 2020
I ordered from them and then the itwm never shipped! They kept my almost $200 and didn't refund me! They continue to try and charge me and charge me so what do they do a month later aftwr telling me its been cancelled! Take almost $200 our of my account and then will not refund me! Said I needed to wait yet again another. 7-10 business days! Do not shop target.com.
danam310
March 10th, 2020
I will not be buying Honet Pot, I don't like the fact that the person who has this business is announcing that it's for black women or girls. We need to get over that racist comment and do a product for all people not just black
trishaa17
January 1st, 2020
My bill was paid in full didn't receive a receipt, I called twice in November no one took my case seriously saying they would get back to me and no one did my card was put on hold couldn't use it I already discarded target card & will take my business to Walmart. Thank God for miss Dianne who finally was able to see the transaction a month later that all the other representatives could not see because of their incompetence & lack of concern all they was good at is just transferring me to one rep to another I spoke to 5 people before I actually got someone who knew what needed to be done.
jamesw188
March 30th, 2020
I've been a faithful customer of Target for 20 years, but I just got fed up with all the games they play.
First: They come out with a "Weekly Ad". They subtly give you the impression it's a sales flyer. It isn't. The prices sometimes are a bit lower, but many are the same as any other day. I've shopped there long enough that I practically have the prices memorized.
Second: Last Summer I was injured from an accident. I signed up & paid for their same-day delivery service. They greatly reduce the items you can buy for that & for the most part it's the more expensive items. I always felt jerked around. There were all sorts of problems with the service. Target didn't have the product or the size I ordered. The shopper would text me about this. Sometimes I spent lots of time texting with the shopper. Every time something would be wrong.
Third: The last time I used same-day delivery a box appeared at the top. It said that I had "$20 in promotional discounts" that would be applied when I checked out. I checked out. No promotional discount & there were no codes given to enter in the "Promotions" box. Nothing! Later I called Target. The lady I got said that she made note & the next day would give a $20 discount on my account. That didn't happen.
Four: A couple of days ago I shopped for Same-day delivery. The same thing happened...a box on top said I had a "$40 promotional discount that would be applied when I checked out." Another box indicated that the code would be sent to my email. I made sure they had my email address & chose that option. I waited for a couple of days. Nothing. That didn't happen.
So I didn't check out this time.
I have some other beefs with Target, but this was the last straw. I felt jerked around too many times.
Oh, when you shop for dry goods to be shipped they will change the "Ship" option to "Same-day". I had to go back & chose Ship.
Their website is very "buggy."
I no longer shop at Target. There are better choices.
lourdesr28
April 15th, 2020
Target.com is not advanced enough to provide service during high-demand events. Very bad shipping process.
bradg111
January 7th, 2020
Tried to buy 2 ink cartridges, priced at $33.00. Tax is less than 10 percent, so should be about $36. I had a $25 gift visa card and planned to use cash for the rest. I had to swipe card, first, then they said I still owed $26.52 more. So I told them to forget it. They cancelled the sale and said it would be 2 or more days to credit back what took them 2 seconds to take from my gift card. I asked for a receipt and they said the register couldn't do that. The manager told me the same, until I insisted they either print a receipt or write on by hand and sign it. The manager finally printed a transaction listing in his office, showing the voided $25 on the gift card account. Hopefully the money will eventually show up on the card, so I can get ink somewhere in a store from this century. I will never go to Target again. How can their register software be so useless? How can their first suggestion be to just ask me to trust them to credit my card in a few days, with no receipt?

Tip for consumers: Go anywhere else but Target. You cant possibly be any worse off.

peachr2
January 16th, 2020
I enjoy going into Target but refuse to order online due to extremely slow shipping. A typical package arrives within 7-10 business days for most business. With Target i'ts closer to 14-28 business days even if you pay for the faster shipping. Good god I could go into the Target 20 min from my house and get it faster. I only ordered it online because it was one of the scenarios of I'll pick it up later and two months and you still don't have it. I'm not surprised why. My package keeps getting delayed for 2-4 days at facilities and it drags out the arrival date further. i ordered a package early last week. It will take 1.25 more weeks to get to me. I have ordered only 2-3 packages from Target.com in the past few years and I feel that this will be my last. Some of them I pay for the faster shipping other times free and it shouldn't take 4-6 weeks for a package 2 hrs from my house to get to me! The last package I ordered got shipped down to California then got sent out for delivery. I live no where near California and if they had shipped it east I could have had it by the afternoon. 3 of 4 packages went through the same exact scenario. It's not a coincidence. It's intentional to ping your package all over the place before it gets to you. Yes, Ups you found a way to turn an afternoon package arrival into two weeks of being pinged all over the pacific nw before it got to me. 3 of 4 packages it's clear that this shipping method is intentional.
johnw2268
January 24th, 2020
My family and I often shop here. Variety of products. And they have affordable prices. Next time want to try make order online.
tomt394
January 1st, 2020
Target has many promotions like $X gift card free with $Y purchase. So $10 gift card if you buy $50 goods.

Check your receipt, guys. I have been Over-charged many many times. If you buy goods worth $52, it will charge $10 for gift card. Also will reduce item of goods by $10. The purpose is the total should remain 52. What the receipt shows is Goods charge 42, gift card 10 and total 62. Yessirreee $62!!! Means it charged you for the gift card as well. Very very sneaky and slimy. You walk up to Guest help and they will convince you that the $10 gift card charge is fine coz the price of the goods has been reduced. But beware! The total at the end is mis-calculated and charges you extra anyway! I have sat patiently with a calculator and proved my self explaining again and again to a chain of representatives till someone with basic Math skills finally gets it! Very very very slimy, Target!

If Target does not want to get sued, it should return money of all people it over-charged and made a complete fool off. Poor folks thinking they were getting free promotional gift cards, when like gullible buffoons they over spent, buying goods in excess and then even paid for promotional gift cards.

Looks like Target has sent a lot of ringers here to up their ratings in the last few months. Nice try guys but your whole shopping experience is still subpar. To answer this question, IT DEPENDS on where you live and what you order. If you're right next to their warehouse, SURPRISE, it's there in a day and you think they are fantastic. If you live far away, the item is no longer in stock or they are slow to fill it, it could take six weeks. It did for us on a couple of occasions, SO it's the luck of the draw and certainly NOT better than Amazon.

By FJ F.