Target

Target
2018 CUSTOMER CHOICE AWARD

Target has a consumer rating of 3.7 stars from 1,660 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Target also ranks 80th among Department Store sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 23.6%

• I love that the staff takes the appropriate measures to sanitize the store-
  • I love shopping at Target online and using my REDcard.
  • 2018 Customer Choice Winner

• Even customer service said nobody was available, so I should call again tomorrow
  • When order was picked up no gift card was given on the 2 items and 1 item was not available.
  • Again profuse apologies and they are sending out a $15 gift card for the hassle.
How would you rate Target?

“Luv it!”

Hodgepodge I.
1/30/20

I love Target online shopping. Great products, prices. Easy to navigate. Most always fast ship and their shipping updates bring a smile. However, when they use Fedex I roll my eyes. Not an efficient shipper Most times shipping is UPS or mail.

“Not only did Target fail to deliver, they also canceled my order without consulting me”

Michael S.
2/5/20

Web site has awful functionality, but I finally got registered and then received two emails and one text message confirmation. Instead of getting the delivery, I learned that my order had been canceled. No apologies. No further attempts to fulfill the order. Even customer service said nobody was available, so I should call again tomorrow

Reviews (1,660)

customer service (174) order (309) store (473) gift card (46) shopping experience (26) credit card (28) items (208) time (283) red card (38) love shopping (13) return policy (14) 2 weeks (10)
michaels3699
February 5th, 2020
Instead of getting the delivery, I learned that my order had been canceled.
No apologies. No further attempts to fulfill the order.
michaeld1890
January 3rd, 2020
On 12/15/19, Target advertised the 5 qt Kitchenaid Professional Mixer at 229.99 with an additional discount of 25% off on Sunday and they ran out of stock right away. The next week, 12/22/19, they ran the same mixer at 199.99 with no stock in stores or online. They did not take care of customers who could not buy the item in either ad. Very poor customer service.
hodgepodgei
January 30th, 2020
upseta2
February 18th, 2020
How dare you air a commercial that all races of young girls see and make them feel less important. This country has enough division in it and its obvious that target helps promote it. I will no longer buy Honey pot products or shop at your store. Shame on the people who did this.
apostled
March 24th, 2020
We went to target to look for black hair products. NONE! A poor selection and an extra small section. We asked the employee where the rest of them were and she was embarrassed. Pitiful. I think target is racist and we take all of our business to Wal-Mart. Now target has honey pot junk for blacks. So pitiful. Dont be in the community if you only serve Beverly Hills.
shonh5
May 14th, 2020
I shop at the Target Tri-County in Cincinnati, Ohio. I love that the staff takes the appropriate measures to sanitize the store- I actually see them do this every time I go- and monitor checkout. Plus the cashiers are nice and there's no crowd. I avoid major grocery stores and shop here, and am just as satisfied with their merchandise. I had to personally thank the cashiers today at checkout!
phyllish108
April 5th, 2020
I won't shop at Target anymore since I saw the racist honeypot commercial. The owner says she hopes the next black girl gets an opportunity to sell a product. She should have left the word black out of the ad, and it would have been perfectly fine. It just shows that it's OK to be racist as long as you aren't white. Since Target thinks this sort of advertising is OK, they won't be getting one penny more of my money.
tommieh41
August 16th, 2020
The manager of store 2565, Kelly Ann is a self entitled bigot who supports bullying, harrassment and HIPPA violations as a business norm. No store manager should ever trash talk an employee on a LOA suffering from the effects of workplace bullying to other employees or fire an upper level manager simply because the are the only poc on the management team.
wills205
January 23rd, 2020
Do NOT ever order from target.com they steal your money and dont give it back very quickly, they are very less than helpful. They won't send anything to your bank to allow you get your money back any faster. Watch out for these SCAM ARTISTS. If I could give them zero stars I would.
keitht159
April 29th, 2020
Bought a NETGEAR C3700v2 cable modem/router for less than I was paying for my annual rental of my cable providers modem. This device is easy to hook up. And it is able to give me 130 MB per second in Wi-Fi mode. Download in about 10 to 15 MB per second upload. Toughest thing was getting cable company tech-support to get it going. I am pleading with you to make sure you ensure the modem you're purchasing is compatible currently compatible with your cable provider. Or you will be frustrated. I learned way too much about docs is 3.0 3.1 and Internet package compatibility with different routers yesterday. I hope this helps people this is a great router Wi-Fi combo and again it's cheaper than a yearly rental of my cable modem.
maryr1300
June 10th, 2020
I ordered a product on Target.com. The 3rd party vendor was VM Innovations. A day later was was informed that my order was canceled and I would receive a refund. Lets see if that happens! I looked at reviews for this company and they are a scam. I contacted Target customer service and was told they can't help me because it was through the marketing team. Wait time to talk to the "marketing team" is over an hour. What happened to the old Target? I will NEVER shop on line with them again.
angiec157
July 25th, 2020
I wanted to say Thanks to Alexis P. At the target on Greenwich in Wichita. I had left my cash back at the store. She researched it and was so nice and helpful. Customer Service is gone these days, but she was amazing. Above and beyond!
johnw2268
January 24th, 2020
My family and I often shop here. Variety of products. And they have affordable prices. Next time want to try make order online.
maryb1655
March 5th, 2020
I don't understand why target allowed the ceo of honey pot to choose her words for the commercial. Color shouldn't have anything to do with starting your own company... if you work hard, you succeed. That's a principle and FACT of life. Does this suggest that most white girls work harder, if the commercial is suggesting that there are hardly any African American females who own their own business?
Please don't put the words color and success in the same sentence, for they are not related... the words "work hard" and success are more appropriate.
Thank you.
michellef863
February 27th, 2020
I placed an order online to be picked up in store. I received a text message saying my order was ready gonna picked up but when I arrived the only items i cared about were not available. I took time out of my day when i was trying to get ready to leave town for a week to go pick this order up and all they said was sorry, and they were reluctant to do that! Never again! Why say my order is ready if it clearly was not!
jessicad485
April 10th, 2020
So my mom & I decided we needed a few things from Target today. When we got in the store there was an Obnoxious honking, and beeping noises all throughout the store. When we asked two different employees what was going on they ignored my mother and myself and just walked away. The sound carried throughout the store for almost an hour. By then we had to just leave. No items bought no answers to our questions rude customer service. I don't think I will be returning.
philk110
May 25th, 2020
Ordered two items online, only one showed up and I was not happy about the quality. Called and spoke to a nice woman who was very understanding and apologetic. Gave me a full refund.
joea495
September 12th, 2020
My kid saved her money for months so that she could buy an iPhone. When it arrived it was missing the earbuds and charger. After 2 hours on the phone, they agreed to send her earbuds and charger, instead they sent her another phone but no earbuds and charger. Then the battery would not charge. Multiple phone calls, hours of time, no working phone.
angelan244
July 23rd, 2020
Because I am limited on time I recently purchased items online off of a wedding registry and paid the extra $5.99 per item to have "gift wrapped". There were 3 items total. The ease of ordering I rate a 1. Receiving the items in a timely manner, I give a 10 but I paid $5.99 x 3 a total of $17.97 for target to "wrap" the gifts I purchased and i am so disappointed. First of all, 2 of the 3 items are in a red gift bag, ok that's fine I can deal with that, but the bag looks as if a 5yr old threw it together. There is ribbon around it, about 10 ft too much and a sad attempt for a bow. Secondly one of the items isn't even wrapped, It's in bubble wrap only with my little gift card receipt taped to it. I could be somewhat ok with that if it was then placed In some sort of GIFT WRAP or gift bag but it's just in bubble wrap. Now I have to go to store, buy actual gift wrapping paper and wrap myself which I don't have time for before my event (hence paying the extra fee) way to disappoint target. Very upsetting.
lataniaf
May 16th, 2020
Made an attempt to use on line order. Notice an error in delivery address made several attempts to change through app guidelines, which did not work. Attempted to message, email and call customer service during business hour received no reply.

Target still processed my orders although I kept trying to flag my order in a span of fourty-five minutes and then informed me I couldn't cancel my order through the app any longer and would have to instead wait until my order is delivered to the wrongs address and the addressee send it back.

On top of this the customer service app (not an actual person) advised I contact the shipping company for my items that are all still in the target warehouse with no shipping tracker number. The shipping company has informed me that target has flagged my items where only they can change the address on their part, as I was willing to pay for a delivery change through the shipping company, but unfortunately I can't do that only Target can. Which makes frustratingly funny that they don't answer so I can rely that message

Not trying to be a nag, just wished to share my experience so that others can be weary when attempting to either order online or use customer service. :(

Tip for consumers: Shop in store, inquire from actual guest services hopefully they will be much more capable of understanding and dealing with situations.

barbaral880
June 11th, 2020
I ordered towels. Sent me a wrong size. Outside of return window. So I am out of luck due to their incompetence and greed.
katef96
December 24th, 2019
I ordered with target.com and was sent incorrect sizes. How is a size small confused with a size xl. I was also missing a necklace... really? The customer service was great but they need to be better with their shipping department. The whole point of shopping online is to NOT have to deal with the in person thing. I ended up returning all of the stuff i really wanted in the store and managed to exchange a few of the clothes. But Why not just refund me for what is unavailable in my size. Get it together, target.
Shipping is a bit lengthy too because They use fedex.
edb87
March 4th, 2020
I ordered food items. Soups, pasta sauce in glass jars and dry pasta in boxes. Items shipped in one box, not sealed correctly, and cans and glass not separated. Cans arrived all dented and 2 broke open sending soup all over items, broken glass jars. It was all discarded. Called customer service and they resent- 6 days later- and promised to pack it properly and ship it properly. Second box arrives, bottom falling out, tape barely affixed, every can dented, pasta boxes broken open all over box,. Called customer service again. They did credit me and I asked that this time they arrange to do a same day delivery so we can verify AND NOT WAIT another week. First they said yes but them half of the items were not in the store. REALLY? Soups? I said forget it- NEVER again. I tried twice. This is food items and when you order food you do so because you need it sooner than later. I spent way too much time wanting to support target. NOt again!
bills1243
July 25th, 2020
No more Target for me. Today I checked online for a portable chair and found the Riverside store had 3. Drove there, long drive for me, and they only had 1. I wanted to buy 2. A month ago I checked online and they had the pickleball paddle that I wanted. Drove there, they were out of stock. Further the lady that helped me said their online inventory is not accurate.
edw180
August 19th, 2020
I was in your store at Tempe Marketplace on Friday August 16th and again on Monday August 19th. On both visits I observed a Target cashier wearing a BLM facemask.
Is it company policy to allowyour employees to wear racial political messages on their uniforms? I find this type of behavior completely unacceptable. Why would you want to make your guests feel uncomfortable, and violated in this way? I spoke with the store director, Craig, who said that he fully supports this employee wearing a political logo on her company required uniform. Needless to say, you have lost a lifetime customer due to your political promotion

Looks like Target has sent a lot of ringers here to up their ratings in the last few months. Nice try guys but your whole shopping experience is still subpar. To answer this question, IT DEPENDS on where you live and what you order. If you're right next to their warehouse, SURPRISE, it's there in a day and you think they are fantastic. If you live far away, the item is no longer in stock or they are slow to fill it, it could take six weeks. It did for us on a couple of occasions, SO it's the luck of the draw and certainly NOT better than Amazon.

By FJ F.