Review of Target

Tel: 1-800-591-3869
Guest.service@target.com
2018 Customer choice award

Legitimate

Target has been investigated by LegitScript, a NABP recognized organization that vets online pharmacies and has been given "legitimate" status. For more information, please visit the Legitscript report.

vitalya5
3/22/19

Some things you can only get at a large department store and since there isn't a Walmart anywhere within reach of downtown Boston, I'm headed to Target.

debrar145
3/20/19

I was a faithful TARGET customer!!..I purchased an item online, picked up in store but had to return the item..Target couldn't find the online order number and had to call online services..I had the email information on my phone..My service was provided over the phone by the Target store customer service employee which was fine..The online service rep credited my debit card(NOT YET)and sent a partial e-card for the tax portion..WHY?..Unfortnately, my debit card has yet to be credited..I waited 14 days and went into the Target store to find out where my refund was..They had me call online services again..Apparently, there was some sort of denial for the transaction..No email has been sent and when it supposedly is approved, whatever that means I have to wait another 7-14 days for it to finally be taken care of and credited..Debit is technically CASH so I'm not sure what I'm waiting for or why it's taking them so long seeing as they have the merchandise!!..I've lost faith in TARGET...

dianes414
2/13/19

If you don"t use your Target card at least twice year, they will close your account and destroy your credit. Plus, the thing you order online come from a dusty warehouse, sometimes the item are on floor, picked up and mailed to you!!!!

marionl43
1/23/19

I ordered 3 items online 2 of which earned a $5 gift card. When order was picked up no gift card was given on the 2 items and 1 item was not available .

sharrona5
12/29/18

I was in the electronic department and needed help with a new phone, I encountered Trey, who was very helpful, courteous and a knowledgeable. He certainly is an employee that Target should be proud

dorothyb124
12/27/18

I ordered a crib mattress in November. I did not receive my delivery until a week after the promised date in December. I ordered my bed from another company, and although I received it on time, I had no mattress for the crib. I was called or e-mailed every day for a week stating I would receive it on each of those days. We planned it so someone would be there for the delivery each day. Very inconvenient! My granddaughter was born and released before the mattress arrived. I will never buy a an expensive item from Target again that needs delivery. I contacted Target 3 times by phone and e-mail and never heard from anyone by email and the person on the phone never apologized or resolved the issue. Better go with Amazon if you need a dependable delivery! I will!

scottk239
12/26/18

So when Target promises you a date that allows you to get your package in time for your big event don't believe them. They missed the delivery date for Christmas. Then they tell you to please accept our apologies and that you will be getting a gift certificate. When the gift certificate actually came through--A whooping $5. Why bother! You might as well send me nothing and let me know you don't give a $#*! about me.

mishala4
12/20/18

I used Target's online service for store pickup & used my $20 Gift card online. Order # 1022107047269

Picked up my order at 10.35 AM today via the pickup area. The customer service representative stated that the Gift card was applied to the bill. IT WAS NOT! (I only noticed after leaving the store), so I spent 10 minutes of waiting on hold to get this number 1-800-440-0680 & waiting another 20 mins for a human to help resolve the issue. To be honest, I don't like leaving negative reviews, I gave them a chance to try & fix the issue but I don't think they really care.

The fact of the matter is that they did not honor the $20 Gift card even after verbally stating it & now since the Gift card was used online, it is no longer valid. So basically, scamming a customer out of $20 = to a 1 star review.

kimberlym349
12/18/18

I placed an online order and the site would not let me change the shipping address, so it is going to TX and not KY.No one is around to talk to at target.com. Postal service couldn't help me. bad experience all around.

ernestb47
12/15/18

Can not find anyone to ask for assistance. When I have found someone, on 3 occasions, they point to the area and go about their business. Frustrating to the point that we will not be shopping at their store in the future.

johnp1259
12/14/18

I recently tried to purchase a bath product at the Columbia Heights
Target. One associate told me Target doesn't sell it, another told me
it was discontinue even though the web site indicated it was available
for immediate pick up. a few days later I order the item on the web and
went to pick it up a few hours later. I waited 12 minutes on line to
pick up my web order. A sales associate call me and rudely barked,
"give me your ID". I quietly said "what happened to please" . She made
a racist comment and walked away. A few minutes someone came over to
help me. While watching the associates interact with other customers it
was clear they weren't treated very politely either. I will not be doing
business with Target again.

lisas978
12/14/18

If I could give zero stars I would. First I ordered my item on November 30th for a Christmas Santa Suit. I received my item December 6th when I opened it I was missing the pants and tie. I called right away not to mention the hold time each time was about 25 minutes. I was told that they would send me a replacement because I was missing my items. The lady said she would send me an email I would receive my outfit by the December 13th. NO Email no tracking number nothing. Called never received my order on December 13th. Not to mention had to cancel the photographer because the Santa suit was for Christmas pictures and my sons Christmas play. Everything completely ruined. Called back on the 13th A guy named Bryce acted like it was Ups fault and asked me if I contacted them. NO because I never got a tracking number was informed they sent it to my email and to check my spam and I informed everyone I never received any emails. So come to find out my replacement got cancelled. Not sure with how that happened Bryce said were you aware of that. No obviously I wasn't why else would I be calling looking for my order. He said he reordered it and it would be here December 19th. So I had to cancel the photographer again. NO Christmas cards such a huge inconvenience without remorse from the staff at target. It's truly upsetting. I asked for a refund and then was informed to call back in a few hours for it. I'm really disappointed in how the situation in general was handled. I hope that target really looks into this and will help to improve the issues so that this doesn't happen to more people.

jenniferr429
12/12/18

This company is overpriced and just plain expensive. The clothing shrinks and they rarely have sales. When they do have sales, the price is really the regular price. And I thought Walmart was bad.

ashleyw241
12/9/18

I ordered several things for pick up service at target. I have no complaints there. Service was great! Some items were not in stock and had to be shipped, which was free. However I ordered a book for a family member and had it sent to her address. It was an audio book, not the hard cover (which was more expensive). I also ordered a t shirt which I never received and no tracking info was ever available for it. I asked for a refund but am sti waiting. Super frustrating!

mg290
12/4/18

I placed an order with Target.com on November 27th and was told my order would be delivered on November 29th because I had qualified for free 2-day delivery. I waited and waited and waited ... I called the company on December 3rd to check on the status of my order and was told they didn't know what had happen but someone would contact me in 24 hours. I was given a case number. 24 hours later, no call. I tried contacting the site again (via chat) and the agent simply disconnected me when I asked why no one had contacted me and asked that my order be delivered Today. I called the customer support number and asked to speak to a manager. I was placed on hold for over 20 minutes and finally was disconnected from the call. I called again and this time I was finally transferred to a manager, Julia. Not a very helpful person at all! Instead of offering SOLUTIONS, or apologizing for the problems I was experiencing, Julia simply said that the RESEARCH team in charge of figuring out what was the delay in my order was really behind and she couldn't really tell me when they would call back. Probably at least 72 hours ... She told me I could re-order the item for store pickup (at a much higher price of course). She offered no real solutions and basically just sighed loudly because apparently, I was being an inconvenience! When I asked what she did for the company she told me she was a CUSTOMER SERVICE manager ... Well forgive me then for expecting better service from Target! I WILL NEVER AGAIN order anything from Target.com

ernestoc24
12/4/18

The in-store
experience at Target is always excellent, but Heaven help you if you ever need assistance
with on order placed online! Target's telephone customer service for online orders
is absolutely pathetic! You will wait on the phone FOREVER to reach a live
voice, only to find out that the live voice cannot speak English well enough to
be understood! That's because they answer in the Philippines (outsourcing is an
insult to workers here in the USA), and to make things even worse, the phone
reps are poorly trained! It took three tries to finally get through to a "specialist"
(the reps pretend there are no supervisors present). On the first two calls the
reps hung up when we asked for a supervisor because we simply could not
understand their broken English. When we did reach the specialist on the third
try, she lied and did not follow through on what she promised to do. All in
all, a total of THREE HOURS was wasted on the phone with Target's phone
customer NON-service! We were forced to go to the store in person for
face-to-face customer service. At the store, a pleasant young man named Kyle
gave us excellent service. Kyle was efficient, courteous, and quickly rectified
the problem. Thank you, Kyle. We were about ready to stop using Target forever
because of the absolutely horrible experience we had with that attempted online
order. Shame on Clarissa, that online specialist who did not follow through on the
promises she made on the phone, and shame on the three individuals on the phone
who preceded her the three who most obviously did not care at all. Our
shipment had to be delivered to the store (instead of to our home address) in
order to get the two $5.00 Target gift cards. Even though we clearly selected our
local store in Pennsylvania, the order wound up being delivered to Minnesota instead! What should have been
an easy fix with the very first person involved on the phone turned into a
painfully long ordeal! But no one on the phone cared enough to fix the problem
correctly - not even that lying "specialist" Clarissa! So, "two
thumbs up," and many kudos to Kyle at the Stroudsburg, PA store for quickly
and properly taking care of us. In fact, it is only because of Kyle's excellent
customer service that we will now continue to shop at Target stores (we have
been long-term customers) - but NEVER, ever will we consider placing an online
order again at target.com.

richardb875
11/23/18

I drove 60 miles for a tv that showed on their web site to be available ( in stock) but to my surprise when I arrived at the store they had none... whoever is responsible for their web site should be fired.. this is target in selinsgrove pa... very disappointed!!!

solao2
11/13/18

I bought my baby stuff and returned unused things that was too small with the receipt but to my greatest surprise the returned price was way lower than the original purchased price. Do not be fooled by the online policy.

jasminr11
11/8/18

Target is affordable, modern, convenient and unique in every way. The styles of clothing down to furniture is in a class of its own. No other store is around like them. The visits there are always an adventure of all sorts, great food/coffee that allow for an even better and long lasting trip (esp with toddlers). Target is awesomely priced and has since shaped the shopping experience of the future.

xuann1
11/7/18

Well, I purchased a dinning set which came damaged. I contacted the maker and they did not respond or help. I contacted Target for a replacement and return. The replacement was delivered to the wrong house downstairs. I contacted Target and they told me just over over their, open the package while it's standing up and take out a piece at a time for the ones I need to replace. This box was 3 times my width and taker than me. Weights about my weight. I am not taking that risk. The box said lay flat before opening. Target just said too bad. I then called and they just said they will come and pick up both package, the damaged on and the one that is delivered to the wrong place and refund me. Well, they did not refund me at all. I called, chatted, shown delivery proof and was told they have a system. They need to transfer my case to the investigation team, then the research team, then the specialist team and then to processing and such, then refund. Well, they never even transferred my case to any team when a week later I contacted them again. The chat rep told me to just contact my bank. I did and it took weeks more plus a complaint to the BBB for Target to refund me. Then they sent me a collection letter telling me I owe them the money. I contacted my bank and was told they are still under investigation and need Target to contact them directly as I have hand the case over to my bank. Well, Target just won't and keep sending debt collection letters with threat of me not being able to use my RED card again and such. So to avoid any hit on my credit and stuff, I have to send in another payment that I do not owe to Target. Hopefully it's a learning lesson and when this clears, I will cancel the RED card. I started using because I gave up on Walmart, but sadly this year, Walmart online has beat Target new "improved" system for sure. The 5% off on Red card is for sure not worth the trouble. I since then I have do all my shopping mainly on Amazon. The comfort of having decent/good customer services helps me more than a few dollars discount. So beware if you buy anything expensive and large from Target that comes damaged, it's like giving birth each time you contact them.

tonyd36
11/6/18

I ordered a vacuum cleaner online and entered my new address. They did not propagate the address to shipping so it went to the wrong address. They reshipped the item and it arrived in a damaged box and appeared to have been a previous return because it had no manual and was missing the charger/cord. When I called the agent argued with me because it is a cordless machine and he said it has no cord - but of course the charger has a cord. When I talked to another person they said I could return it to a store and get a replacement which they assured me was in stock. I drove to the store which was not the closest for me, and they told me they do not have it in stock after all. A waste of time. No wonder Amazon is so popular!

jeffreyn20
11/3/18

aced an order online for pickup at the Target in Fridley, MN. I waited at the Order Pickup counter for 20 minutes while 5 employees worked on 3 registers at the Returns Counter helping out customers that got there well after I got to the Pickup Counter. Not one employee said a word to me. After being ignored for that long I cancelled the order on the Target App and left. This is not the first time I have had or seen issues at this Target. Their customer service is horrendous.

alijahp
10/11/18

They provide very good quality of product finally i found my that type of product which i want!! Really very happy to use this..

staceyh23
10/7/18

I never thought I'd be leaving negative reviews for Target, but I've had so many bad experiences with them lately!

Let me begin by saying that I've put together at least a dozen pieces of DIY furniture in the last few years, and I've never encountered such flimsy, poor-quality, junky furniture as I have with the items from Target's "Industrial Collection." I ordered the chair, the tall bookcase, and the desk, and all were returned.

The "wood" parts, which of course are not really wood, absolutely reeked of formaldehyde. There were warning stickers on every piece about the danger of breathing it in or even touching it. How is it okay to sell this crap? If you have chemical sensitivities, are pregnant, or if small children will be using these pieces of furniture, I strongly urge you not to buy this stuff. The metal parts were super-thin and could be bent with my bare hands. The hardware, many pieces of which were missing, was made of a cheap, soft alloy and all threaded pieces (screws and bolts) strip easily. But what ultimately made me return everything was the fact that the pieces don't fit together, and holes didn't align in many spots. And I don't mean by just a small amount, like if you push the pieces together you can get it to work. I mean INCHES apart. I spent two hours on the bookcase before realizing that the shelves can't be attached to the upright posts because the holes on the shelf frames are in the wrong spot!This was a terrible experience. It put me off DIY furniture for good.

But what really topped it all off was the horrid customer service. Target refused to pick up the furniture because the pieces weren't in the original boxes. I wasn't about to spend another two or three hours taking everything apart and trying to fit all the parts and pieces of styrofoam back in the boxes! So I had to take this junk back to Target on foot with a hand truck (I live in Chicago and don't have or need a car). Did I mention the closest Target is a mile away? Never, never, never again will I buy anything other than groceries at Target. I'm also convinced that all the good reviews on this "Industrial Collection" stuff are fake.

marys773
9/28/18

I almost don't know where to begin on all the troubles I'm having this week alone with Target.com orders. First of all, I placed an order hours before the deadline to have a two-day shipment get here on Wednesday. I needed the cereal for Thursday's breakfasts. I was notified by the shipper that there was a delay - they had told me to expect it on Wednesday, as promised by Target - but it would be delivered on Thursday. On Thursday, I went to the site and saw that the shipper still had not received the items from Target. I called Target.com two days in a row and got totally incompetent "service" reps who just thought saying their sorry would fix it. Last nite, after the rest of the order came and still no two day items, I called Target.com again. This was at 7:30 pm. They said wait until the end of the day; it would come. I told them that it was impossible because the shipper still had not received the items. The "service" rep just kept repeating himself. The two-day order is now two days late and, tho Target claims it will be here today - 4 days for a guaranteed 2 day delivery - UPS only shows it is there; it is NOT on a truck for delivery.

My guaranteed next day delivery re-stock items, which were to be here today, are not out for delivery either. They have "shipped". These are coming from less than 2 miles down the street; they could have walked them here in an hour.

When things come, cans are always dented, sometimes badly. They don't seem to know how to pack anything. These are the nightmare packers you run into in supermarkets where the 16 year old boy puts your bread and eggs at the bottom of the bag. I guess that's where they recruit their shipping department.

My advice is DO NOT COUNT ON TARGET TO DELIVER ANYTHING ON TIME!!!

269 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Looks like Target has sent a lot of ringers here to up their ratings in the last few months. Nice try guys but your whole shopping experience is still subpar. To answer this question, IT DEPENDS on where you live and what you order. If you're right next to their warehouse, SURPRISE, it's there in a day and you think they are fantastic. If you live far away, the item is no longer in stock or they are slow to fill it, it could take six weeks. It did for us on a couple of occasions, SO it's the luck of the draw and certainly NOT better than Amazon.

By FJ F.

Sometime from other sites, malware can be picked up to track your internet history. I don't think target's website would carry that!

By Brooke B.

This company has lost it, Big Time. Once people found out that Target is more of a front company for political causes, and they only Masquerade as a retailer.. they just stopped going there. They have close All of their stores in Canada.. and have taken a huge hit on their stock in the last year and a half. You can't focus on customer service when you're merely trying to survive. Hopefully, they will be gone soon.

By Prince H.

Questions? Get answers from the Target staff and other customers.

1 Photo for Target