Review of Target

Tel: 1-800-591-3869
Guest.service@target.com
2017 Customer choice award

Legitimate

Target has been investigated by LegitScript, a NABP recognized organization that vets online pharmacies and has been given "legitimate" status. For more information, please visit the Legitscript report.

alijahp
10/11/18

They provide very good quality of product finally i found my that type of product which i want!! Really very happy to use this..

staceyh23
10/7/18

I never thought I'd be leaving negative reviews for Target, but I've had so many bad experiences with them lately!

Let me begin by saying that I've put together at least a dozen pieces of DIY furniture in the last few years, and I've never encountered such flimsy, poor-quality, junky furniture as I have with the items from Target's "Industrial Collection." I ordered the chair, the tall bookcase, and the desk, and all were returned.

The "wood" parts, which of course are not really wood, absolutely reeked of formaldehyde. There were warning stickers on every piece about the danger of breathing it in or even touching it. How is it okay to sell this crap? If you have chemical sensitivities, are pregnant, or if small children will be using these pieces of furniture, I strongly urge you not to buy this stuff. The metal parts were super-thin and could be bent with my bare hands. The hardware, many pieces of which were missing, was made of a cheap, soft alloy and all threaded pieces (screws and bolts) strip easily. But what ultimately made me return everything was the fact that the pieces don't fit together, and holes didn't align in many spots. And I don't mean by just a small amount, like if you push the pieces together you can get it to work. I mean INCHES apart. I spent two hours on the bookcase before realizing that the shelves can't be attached to the upright posts because the holes on the shelf frames are in the wrong spot!This was a terrible experience. It put me off DIY furniture for good.

But what really topped it all off was the horrid customer service. Target refused to pick up the furniture because the pieces weren't in the original boxes. I wasn't about to spend another two or three hours taking everything apart and trying to fit all the parts and pieces of styrofoam back in the boxes! So I had to take this junk back to Target on foot with a hand truck (I live in Chicago and don't have or need a car). Did I mention the closest Target is a mile away? Never, never, never again will I buy anything other than groceries at Target. I'm also convinced that all the good reviews on this "Industrial Collection" stuff are fake.

marys773
9/28/18

I almost don't know where to begin on all the troubles I'm having this week alone with Target.com orders. First of all, I placed an order hours before the deadline to have a two-day shipment get here on Wednesday. I needed the cereal for Thursday's breakfasts. I was notified by the shipper that there was a delay - they had told me to expect it on Wednesday, as promised by Target - but it would be delivered on Thursday. On Thursday, I went to the site and saw that the shipper still had not received the items from Target. I called Target.com two days in a row and got totally incompetent "service" reps who just thought saying their sorry would fix it. Last nite, after the rest of the order came and still no two day items, I called Target.com again. This was at 7:30 pm. They said wait until the end of the day; it would come. I told them that it was impossible because the shipper still had not received the items. The "service" rep just kept repeating himself. The two-day order is now two days late and, tho Target claims it will be here today - 4 days for a guaranteed 2 day delivery - UPS only shows it is there; it is NOT on a truck for delivery.

My guaranteed next day delivery re-stock items, which were to be here today, are not out for delivery either. They have "shipped". These are coming from less than 2 miles down the street; they could have walked them here in an hour.

When things come, cans are always dented, sometimes badly. They don't seem to know how to pack anything. These are the nightmare packers you run into in supermarkets where the 16 year old boy puts your bread and eggs at the bottom of the bag. I guess that's where they recruit their shipping department.

My advice is DO NOT COUNT ON TARGET TO DELIVER ANYTHING ON TIME!!!

eliasa29
9/25/18

They make sure to have their shelves stocked up! I rarely ever see an empty shelf! It's nice to be able to walk in and have that comfort when going there!

summw
9/17/18

Target keeps cancelling my orders!! First of all, I rarely shop Target and when I tried to recently buy few items and the order was cancelled and I placed it again, thinking nothing and guess it was cancelled as well! So I found out, if you have done tons of refunds or returns in the past, your address can be affected/blacklisted! But guess what, I live in a building with so many apartments so why cancel my order??? My address has different apartment number, geniuses!! There are so many apartments in this building!! Thanks Target for no help and your customer service based overseas where reps barely speak English and many dont even care, they are probably trying to make their minimum country wage and while Target is trying to save pennies by shipping customer service to third world countries so forget you Target!!

cricketh
9/16/18

I stopped shopping at Target, though I liked the store, after they have allowed Men to go into the Ladies Room if they "feel like a Woman today." How many little girls will be assaulted due to this new rule? If they would like to accommodate true trans-gender people they should install a bathroom just for them. Shame on Target or any other store such as Walgreen's that have implemented this new policy.
Sincerely,
Cricket H.

angelicoj
9/14/18

I ordered something I needed for a trip. I paid to expedite the shipping for it to arrive by Sept 12th. On Sept 12th I got an e-mail that it would be in Sept 13th. I called customer service to make sure it would in fact be in on that date and they assured me it would. Then I got an e-mail saying it would be Sept 14th again they told me yes it has shipped it will be there on the 14th. Mind you this product is only sold on line and not carried in any store. I kept telling them I had to have this for a trip on an airline with my pet and this is the only way to transport him on the airline. Oh yes it will be there. It is now Sept 14th and I called them today since it still has not come in. I finally got to someone that finally said oh no it has not shipped it is in a holding pattern online and you will need to cancel the order so we can give you your money back since nothing is happening with it. Are you kidding me. I have no way to transport this pet easily in the airport now. Had they told me this on the first call 4 days before I could have ordered it from Amazon and had it in two days. They just kept lying to me all week with assurances this was going to be here prior to the trip. They did give me an online discount; however, it does not help me cuz the pet will not fit in their coupon to be transported on the plane. How the heck is a $20 coupon clear up the mess you made for me tell me?

briec6
9/13/18

Placed a small order with 2 day shipping. There are 2 items in multiples of 3. Box 1-MASSIVE-only 3 small items w/2 of the 3 multiples. Box 2-missing 3rd item only. Still have not received the other 3 small items. Only placed order because my daughter needed a particular school supply that everyone was out of. Totally disappointed!

miked528
9/10/18

The concession stand is great! They always get me over there with their popcorn@ I end up hungry and buying that and the pretzels because they are so good!

robinw153
9/10/18

They have a lot to choose from! I got a personal little air conditioning machine for less than 50 bucks! Now my room stay nice and cold!

pamelaw158
8/31/18

Finally found the ice cream maker I've been looking for ! Can't wait to get it.
Never shopped at the online store before, but I'll definitely be back.

lindal539
8/30/18

I've been printing quite a lot of pictures recently there and it's gotten worse and worse until today - they for whatever reason didn't have my pictures... they had the sticker that I placed the order, but whoever worked on the print outs probably took them to give me the run around... I've been annoyed with their service the last 2 times already when I had to wait in line forever to pick up the pictures when there are supposed to be 2 separate lines - one for pick up and one for returns... they had me wait with the returns... will never print there again after what happened today!!!

leilas3
8/25/18

I personally enjoy shopping at target and decided to check out the website. It is pretty convenient, but has its faults. First, often things are listed as not in stock when they really should be. Other than that, it is a typical website with a cart, and you can order things, although it is a bit small. 6/10 recommend

claudiaw38
8/25/18

I like to budget! If you do too, go to Burger King for a great deal! You will always leave satisfied and I promise you'll go back!

mbl5
8/24/18

Bad experience at Beavercreek Ohio Target store. Daughter received wedding gift and tried to return it. It was unopened but we did not have a receipt. Store would not accept it as a return. Store manager tried to argue must have a receipt but policy on wall stated different. Store manager would not give store credit or exchange for another item. We've shopped there for years with no problems. Seems very unprofessional that store manager takes upon herself to interpret policy as she sees fit. You would think that a manager would try to find a way to compromise on resolving the issue to both customer and store satisfaction. Bottom line do not buy or receive a gift from Target without the receipt or you may be out of luck if your gift must be returned. Not a good situation or management approach. Didn't appreciate the comments made as I walked out either. Store might need some management training. Now I know why Amazon is sweeping up the market because the brick and mortar stores are still operating in the 1990s.

vanessak40
8/23/18

Their sales are the best! I always come to Target for amazing deals! I always find exactly what I'm looking for everytime I go in there.

betsyb39
8/20/18

I love Target! My biggest complaint about Target is that I spend way too much time there! I walk in for one thing and I end up spending a few hours and come out with a cart full of things (that I probably did not need). LOVE Target!!

angelinac21
8/18/18

Target has your everyday needs and more. It has food and beauty product. It also has pillows and toys and medication. Anything you need that you can think of regret has it. It is the perfects store to go to.

tinalouisel
8/18/18

I purchase all different types of categories from this retailer. From health & beauty supplies to home decor.

My online experience has also been exceptional. I've had to contact their customer service regarding a purchase that didn't arrive on time, and they immediately sent me another and told me to just keep the first order "on them" for my inconvenience when it did come in. I received both orders at the same time.

Very happy with their products and high level of customer service. Very highly recommended!

vanessag79
8/16/18

This a place is huge! There is so much to choose from in here! I could get lost in here and be happy about it.

maryc710
8/15/18

The prices are reasonable. The style is great. The shipping is super fast. The customer service is amazing!

mayaj7
8/13/18

Honestly shipping with target.com is horrible- I have had them ship them a 4 drawer storage chest- missing one whole chest, had them guarantee an item's delivery date (and then miss that date by 2 weeks)..and have had items arrived spilled (and their customer service is really not that helpful). Overall I think I will stop shopping at target.com and avoid the hassle- better just to go in store

alexiaa7
8/12/18

This is my forever go to place! Amazing items and great prices. They have whatever you are looking for!

emilyb241
8/7/18

Taget is the same as walmart just with better products and wider selections. The food section is way smaller though. Target is a little bit more expensive then walmart too.

matts326
8/6/18

Have ordered many items over the years via Target.com. Paying with their Red Card even gives you a discount and free shipping. Most items can be returned free at any Target store. Will continue to shop with them.

269 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Looks like Target has sent a lot of ringers here to up their ratings in the last few months. Nice try guys but your whole shopping experience is still subpar. To answer this question, IT DEPENDS on where you live and what you order. If you're right next to their warehouse, SURPRISE, it's there in a day and you think they are fantastic. If you live far away, the item is no longer in stock or they are slow to fill it, it could take six weeks. It did for us on a couple of occasions, SO it's the luck of the draw and certainly NOT better than Amazon.

By FJ F.

Sometime from other sites, malware can be picked up to track your internet history. I don't think target's website would carry that!

By Brooke B.

This company has lost it, Big Time. Once people found out that Target is more of a front company for political causes, and they only Masquerade as a retailer.. they just stopped going there. They have close All of their stores in Canada.. and have taken a huge hit on their stock in the last year and a half. You can't focus on customer service when you're merely trying to survive. Hopefully, they will be gone soon.

By Prince H.

Questions? Get answers from the Target staff and other customers.

14 Photos for Target