Review of Kohl's

customer.service@kohls.com
2018 Customer choice award

caitlinc42
7/2/19

I had signed up for paperless bills and Kohl's never sent the bill to my email, then sent me to collections for a small balance I completely forgot about because I hardly ever use the credit card, I used it for the discount. They did however send me a "collection" email after they destroyed my credit by sending me to a collections agency. Once I received the collection email which was flagged in my in-box I immediately paid the balance. If I had received any bills I would have paid it immediately. I need to refinance my house and get a new car, now I have to wait for my credit to go back up from the 40+ points it dropped. I am cutting my credit card and will NEVER shop HERE ever again!!! They want to screw you and they don't care...I called and the customer service reps aren't helpful. Thanks a lot Kohl's, I am spreading the word to everyone...DO NOT SHOP HERE.

thomask106
6/26/19

I use Coupon Cabin quite frequently. Not only for the great coupons but you can get cash back on top of reduced prices. If you don't use Coupon Cabin your missing out on some great deals.

customeru3
6/23/19

Kohl's charge card is NOT a safe card to use online. They don't follow payment card industry standard to verify the billing address.

I placed an order of less than $100 with my Kohl's charge card.
The system auto filled with a very SIMILAR but WRONG shipping address and BILLING address. The transaction went through with the wrong billing address.
I talked to the representative regarding the issue, Joshua with ID 9I5Q, he told me Kohl's charge doesn't verify the billing address for online transactions.
I have made many online transactions with other cards and know that billing address need to be 100% match the address with card for all cards, even a typo will not go through. Credit card companies use this to protect the consumers, that is industry standards. Kohl's charge is the only card not follow the industry standard.
I will never use this card to do online shopping. It is potentially NOT SAFE!

mk234
6/17/19

I don't ever usually review companies, but I've had so many problems with Kohls.com that I have finally decided that maybe other people would benefit from hearing some of my experiences. I almost always have nothing but trouble placing an order with Kohls.com! They send me emails offering me discounts and say they give you "Kohls CASH" for your orders, but when you try to apply them, they NEVER work! Then you have to call in to the call center and hope that you get a helpful rep that can finish placing your order for you. Otherwise you just waste a ton of time and it is all for nothing. It is not worth the hassle. Save time and order elsewhere online since they try to lure you in with CASH BACK that never works and your reward for all the trouble is nothing but more headaches!!! And then to add insult to injury, if you actually can get the order placed, the quality of the items and packaging are HORRIBLE! On more than one occasion, I have ordered shoes and the boxes came completely ripped up and smashed. Once I even received a shoe box that had holes stabbed throughout it like a child (or maybe a disgruntled employee) punched it through with their pencil repeatedly. I received a top with the ink tags still on it and had to drive an hour away to the closest store to take it back. I have ordered three of the same exact kind of tops and every one is sized so drastically different that there is no way that they are even in the same range, but when you check the size guide on their website it is all the same. The guides don't match the brands or the actual items, just a generic guide that is meaningless. Unless you live next to a Kohls and have lots of time to run back and forth for returns, don't waste your time or your money. They charge you for mail in returns even if it is there fault!

matts326
6/2/19

First, this is of course a totally legitimate website. My only issues with their webdesign is sometimes it loads slowly, and sometimes it is hard to open links in a new tab. I've used both ship-to-store and ship-to-home and both work great. If you don't already have a coupon, be sure to check coupon sites as they often have discounts. You can return any online purchase to any Kohl's retail store (not sure how many days you have to do this). I've gone through the in-store return process several times, and have not had any problems.

angieh107
5/20/19

I was short on time and thought oh I can pick up a few things at Kohl's and save time, I took my time made some choices a couple skirts I Iiked I get notification ill receive a text give my c.f. info. I get said text it says part of your order ready for pick up you'll receive another when the other part is ready. I waited 2 days and nothing so I go in and was told thats weird I guess they couldn't find it. you.should prob tell people all of its not available! So let me now go and shop for what I need and have literally no time to do it
Thanks but no thanks Kohl's by the way I'll never trust your process again. Very disappointed in your online shipping practices! Walmart is beating you on this and that is sad! Disappointed in Ga.

Tip for consumers: Don't depend on what you order, also check your charge statement

frankj116
5/19/19

One of the worst eCommerce experiences I have had. I also called customer service and they hung up on me. Kohl's you need to get this fixed and hire better people! The entire experience was frustrating and after speaking with an incompetent sales associate it made it very difficult day.

Sorry, I was a fan, not so much anymore.

carolm247
5/11/19

First of all, when reading reviews always remember this: companies pay people to go online and leave positive reviews, even providing them with specific order information to do so. No one pays people to leave a bad review, so those are the only ones you can truly trust. I ordered something online from Kohl's. I always order online because I am disabled. The item was shipped to me damaged. Let there be no mistake, despite all their grandstanding, Kohl's DOES NOT have a "Hassle-Free" return policy. Their return policy is nothing BUT hassle. First, they ship NO return sticker with their items as do stores like Amazon and Wayfair. To get return something damaged you have to call them. And wait. And wait. And wait. And while you wait they constantly play a recording telling you that you called during a busy time and that you should call back when it isn't so busy. REALLY? So it is MY fault that you don't have enough staff to handle the myriad of calls you get from pissed-off people like me who are angry they even had to call you in the first place? PUT A RETURN STICKER IN WITH YOUR SHIPMENTS AND YOU WON'T GET ALL THESE CALLS. Also, YOU have to pay to ship returns. INFURIATING! I will never, ever purchase from Kohl's again. "Hassle-free returns"...WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP.

andreaw146
5/10/19

Last year i ordered two European pillows and with cotton and lace covers for my couch for pick up at Kohl's. I ordered them for pickup because i'm busy and wanted to make sure I could just pick up my order and come home. Right after I paid it showed me that I would have to go to two different locations to pick up my order. I canceled my order right at finding this out. The troutdale location canceled my order, the mill plain location did not . I have spent way too much time on the phone trying to take care of this only to be told they would have to open an investigation. It's been 9 months. No one has ever called me, kohls owes me like 70 bucks and I'm sure i'll never see it. They are thieves do NOT do business with them. Horrible customer service, I hope they go out of business.

jaredg11
4/10/19

Was told I was getting a mattress pad, paid 40+ dollars for a sheet. Frustrated. Very expensive for a sheet.

teresao37
3/17/19

Kohl's has a wide selection of merchandise and offers an incentive for shopping with them in the form of Kohl's cash!! Great shopping experience!

truths11
3/8/19

When given the option to leave a review on an item that I had purchased on Kohls.com , I was unable to submit my review due to the amount of stars I'd given. I found the item to merit a 1 star, very poor quality in material. When it arrived it was not in the same likeness, quality or design execution ,of that which is listed on the website.

Sensing the derrogatory criticism ( by listing the 1 star) the system would not allow me to submit. As I would later discover, kohl's has very few items with reviews ( recent and/or past ). Please do better, gross mis-representation isn't a good look

andreeam9
3/8/19

Today myself and my daughter stop at Kohl`s on Lohr Drive in Ann Arbor , MI to return an item and buy things for my son. We went to the customer Service for returns. We waited in the line for our turn and the associate took my return and check out my items.When my daughter wanted to check out her only item SHE (the associate) throw away in my Daughter face the item and she( the associate) said that to us that she has a line waiting. She refuse to serve my daughter, her behavior was unacceptable and the associate was prejudice. I hope her authority will make her accountable for her actions and fired her.

leenaa4
2/21/19

I'm extremely Dissatisfied for the bad customer service I got with kohl's credit card and kohl's.com
I was shopaholic in the store and online I moved resentley to a new home and I order an item and I never received it and called customer services multiple times and they said they'll refund the item and they never did the confirmation for the refund was 190215-024594
And I received the bill and it shows that they didn't refund it I called customer service again and gave the the information they gave me a hard time and I ask them to close my account I won't pay for an item that I never received and I so extremely mad

jodyp35
12/31/18

Kohls uses the worst and slowest shipping method "Smart Post" better known as Snail Post. I would much rather pay a few bucks for shipping to get my items in a timely manner. My last two orders took almost two weeks to arrive and I had to got to the damn post office to get them. UPS or Fed Ex would have delivered them to my door. I am very disappointed with them

seand152
12/17/18

Shopped on Black Friday spent 4 hours in the store. 2+ hours in line due to issues with the registers. Got $120 Kohl's cash as a part of the Black Friday specials. Traveled over an hour to go to this location. Was not able to get back down to the store to use the cash during the dates listed on the cash. Placed a call to the store just to be sure I could still use the cash beyond the dates listed as I had done in the past when I was unable to make it down. Was told yes I could and to bring the coupon into the store and speak to a manager. I traveled over and hour again shopped for over an hour got to the register and asked for whom ever Can assist with the Kohls cash issue. Was told I could not use it because there is only a 10 day grace period. I just don't understand why the person on the phone did not tell me this as I could have changed my plans based on this information. I called customer service spent 45 minutes on the phone just to get the information through to the person who spoke very broken English. Had to go through two reps then a supervisor and was treated pretty poorly the more I moved down the line. Was told there was nothing they could do for me. I had explained that I had been helped with the same issue in the past how would I have known it would be any different this time. They just told me tough luck in so many words. I could t believe how I was treated and the little value they placed on me as a 20+ year loyal customer. Left a bad taste in my mouth. I will be returning the product I purchased to get the Kohl's cash and I will never go in the store again.

jiml93
12/15/18

Went to Kohls today to purchase some Christmas presents. I was told my Kohl's Credit card had expired. I spent nearly 20 minutes while the clerk did an inquiry on me for credit application. I was then told I would not get the discounts so walked out and threw away my old credit card along with some more paperwork to fill out to reapply for credit. It seems I need the lousy credit card to get the discounts. Also for some odd reason my credit score went down 7 points because I was asking for a credit card! A card I had but was expired. The guy with cash finishes last.Kohl s is high priced to begin with so without the discount they are worthless to me. I will be doing my shopping at Wall Mart this year. A very disappointed customer at the Shakopee Minnesota location.

Jim

kayl104
12/14/18

I have been a loyal Kohls customer for years but am done with them after this Christmas season. I placed orders in Nov. for gifts for the beginning of Dec. The order of course did not arrive by the promised time. I also placed an order for the beginning of December delivery. I live in Pa. but had the order sent to a store in Colorado for pick up. Today I received the order in Pa. They invoice listed me as ship to and my sister in Colorado as sold to despite charging it to my card. To add insult to injury, they sent the wrong items. I ordered Apt 9 yoga pants and a woman's wicking t shirt but received a junior sweatshirt and Vera wang jogging pants. Had the woman in customer service at store place a new order for delivery to Colorado but realized a few hours later that she reordered the incorrect items that I had received instead of what I had ordered. Called customer service to cancel order but of course they can't because it is already shipped. Really? Why does it take weeks to get orders? Of course customer service is not located in country and do not understand what you are explaining. Very frustrating. I bought a lot online this year and Kohls is the only store that I had issues with. Buy elsewhere and save yourself the hassle!

carolm488
12/14/18

I am on my second set of bar stools from Kohls. First set had a cracked leg and now the second set (either box) has NO HARDWARE TO PUT THEM TOGETHER! I called "customer service" (I use the term loosely) and the only solution they had was to bring them back to the store (I ordered them online because the store does not carry them) and get my money back. Well duh! I live an hour away from the nearest Kohls so that "solution" is not only obvious but inconvenient as well. I just wanted them to ship out the parts! The "service" agent was hard to understand and even harder to hear. Sounded like she was in the middle of a busy restaurant! So disappointed with Kohls.

bonniel111
12/7/18

There was so much background noise on all 4 calls placed to the online dept. that it sounded as if they were in the middle of the airport.Initially the rep tried to persuade me to just go online myself,but when I explained the issue that I needed a reps assistance,she then reluctantly agreed to assist.After many delays,with so much background noise I had to repeat my info 4 times to her, then she said that the entire system was down and I should call back in a couple of hours.After my 4th call I requested to speak with a manager and was denied because the reps don't have access and she wasn't able to successfully transfer me to any other dept.It is the busiest shopping time of the year,I would think having excellent customer service reps would be top priority and maybe upgrade their phone system so the unbelievable background noise which hinders the rep from hearing the customer would be a big issue to correct. Come on Kohls, who's in charge here?????

christines346
12/6/18

they sent wrong item, i had to pay for return shipping and they took away the kohls cash i already used

dianac199
12/3/18

I tried shopping for 5 items online. One item was cancelled and several were shipped to the store. Several items were shipped Smart Post which is a fancy name for USPS which is the slowest way to ship anything. I am still waiting for the last item which I placed 2 weeks ago. I never shop @ Kohls and this latest adventure has cemented my vow that I will NEVER EVER shop at Kohls online or in store again. In my personal opinion, Kohls is by far the worst place to shop compared to Amazon.com where I usually do all my shopping.

ms455
11/28/18

As other reviewers have said, I ordered the PS4 system, meant to be THE gift for my son on Christmas, and used the $200 I saved to order other things from Kohl's as well. After Black Friday, when it's too late to look elsewhere for the deal, I got the email that my order was cancelled because it was out of stock. What online retailer doesn't have an automatic inventory system that updates when items are out of stock? Customer service was a joke and said "hundreds of people are in the same boat." I personally feel like they left the deal up to draw traffic to their site even once they knew inventory was depleted. That now leaves me either disappointing a kid on Christmas or paying $200 more for the same deal. (Money I spent at Kohl's, because I assumed I had "saved" it by buying from them). Infuriating. Never again will I shop Kohl's.

davidb1854
11/26/18

So I followed the guidelines. Stayed up till 1am Thanksgiving Morning and ordered, payed for, and got order confirmation for my son, and daughters Christmas gifts(2-PlayStation 4,)(and also 2 shark vacuums for my aunt and mom). Saturday I received an email stating my order was now canceled because they are now out of stock!!!! Mind you they continued to take orders for and ship out to folks that ordered after me!!!! Bad Business!!! Kohl's has lost at least 3 card carrying consumers over this! Boo Kohl's, Boo!!!

bessiem34
11/23/18

I placed an order on thanksgiving and it was canceled the next day no call no warning. I got an email and called immediately. I was told they were sold out of my items. Sooooooo angry it was a Black Friday doorbuster and everyone is sold out now. Their response was to bad we are sold out !!!! I ordered on Thursday at 6 am . They canceled at Friday at 5.

91 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the Kohl's staff and other customers.

3 Photos for Kohl's