Kohl's

2018 CUSTOMER CHOICE AWARD

Kohl's has a consumer rating of 3.51 stars from 777 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Kohl's also ranks 6th among Department Store sites. The most common issues with Kohl's are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 13.5%

• I love Kohl; s because they don't have the limitation so many other clothing stores have.
  • Never had any problems. 4 out of 5 stars for a good site and a good company!
  • 2018 Customer Choice Winner

• Kohls customer service online basically told me oh well.
  • After canceling an order, I have spent HOURS on the phone to get the money refunded.
  • We had loads of problems with their credit card website.
How would you rate Kohl's?

“Slow but Good”

Timas C.
6/9/20

It seemed that no one really hurried when seeing my order placed. Anyways I was quite satisfied with the products I got, but the delivery could be much faster. Thanks anyway!

“If I could give them less than one star”

Aislinn P.
7/8/20

If I could give them less than one star, I would. I purchased over 60$ of product to be sent to my house and it was sent to some random address across the United States. When I asked for them to cancel the order, have it sent to me, or do a refund they refused. I spent over 4 hours in their online chat for them do say they will not do anything to help. Never use this company they are the worst customer service I have ever experienced.

customer service (133) order (181) credit card (34) store (201) love kohl (27) billing address (8) 2 weeks (10) 10 days (9) love shopping (8) item (151) return policy (11) time (161)
aislinnp3
July 8th, 2020
tiaf12
June 23rd, 2020
First and last time I'll shop at kohls. Ordered a crock pot on sale and chose in store pick up. Misread the location as South Airport road instead of Southport in Indiana. Realized it 2 hours after placing the order and now not only can I not have it changed to ship to my house, I have to wait 16-30 days for a refund. Of course this being my first time shopping on their website I didn't know about the 15 minute order policy. Great customer service I guarantee I'll never shop there again and will make sure everyone I know is aware of this.
karend709
April 29th, 2020
The products of this company are fine. My complaint lies in the fact that I received my order, the bras are too large and there was no packing slip included. I can't access chat other than their idiotic "virtual assistant" and all that gives me is "Thank you for shopping at Kohls.com" and nothing else. I can't stay on terminal hold, and can't get a copy of a nonexistent packing slip. I'm just hoping that when I go on Friday (when they're supposed to reopen here) that I can get the exchange I want. The store itself, so far, has been great. The two stars are for their extremely lousy website.
timasc
June 9th, 2020
susanm1734
May 4th, 2020
Stop with the Unicorn and Mermaid tops They went out a few years ago. I dont know of any girl that likes unicorns, especially 10 year old and up
leeb582
June 23rd, 2020
I ordered some expensive earrings and used Apple Pay without realizing it still had an old address which I caught two hours after making the order. No tracking number created yet or anything. No modification possible nor cancellation so I'm just out the money before it was even sent. Than god for Amazon or any other jeweler
kimr467
June 28th, 2020
I ordered a graduation frame on 06/08 and received it in a plastic bag in hundreds of pieces on 06/13. I was assured by a customer service agent that the replacement would be BOXED and reshipped. Today I found out that the carrier returned it to sender because the replacement was ALSO shipped in a plastic bag and broke to pieces. Now I'm told I can't get a refund until both frames are returned to the stores.
jaimep66
July 20th, 2020
I have had the most ridiculous experience of my life with Kohls online customer service. I ordered something and it is being shipped to my old address. The order is still processing so has not shipped yet but they will not cancel the order or change the address. They tell me I only had 20 minutes to correct a problem. Admittedly, I made the mistake of not paying attention when I placed the order. I usually ever only have 1 address on file so I just clicked past it. As soon as I noticed, I contacted them but after talking to 4 different people I am basically out of luck. They had the audacity to tell me (all 4 of them) to contact the people at the former address - complete strangers who bought the house 3 years ago.
I'm adding one of the chat logs here so that people can understand what is going on and the ridiculous policies of Kohls "customer service"
In the meantime I, a long time customer and credit card holder, am forced to take the loss because they will do nothing to rectify the situation. They don't sympathize that Human Error happens. What's more, they agreed to put in a ticket to correct it but said that they can cancel the order ONLY if it is a Kohls error... meaning, they are capable of cancelling it, but refuse to unless it is their fault.
I'll be closing my credit account, sorry to say.
kpk5
November 16th, 2019
Love their variety of options for me as a tall person. Prices are great. In store experiences are great. Online shopping is not the greatest nor online customer service. Their shipping is misleading (I've paid for over night shipping 4 times and each time the items took 3-4 days to arrive). When contacting online customer service, each time the pattern is they blame the customer, offer no solution, then give some sort of a "sorry for your experience," to conclude. There's a big difference between the in person and online expedience. 5 for in store, 1-2 for online. I'd recommend only shopping in person.
christas38
January 21st, 2020
I would highly recommend NOT ordering from Kohl's.com. After canceling an order, I have spent HOURS on the phone to get the money refunded. I have talked to several people and have been told something different everyone I call. I still don't have the money on the card and have been lied to on each call. (All conversations have been recorded and I have emails, names, employee numbers, and reference numbers). This is the most unprofessional company I have ever dealt with.
kaynet
May 13th, 2020
I pay my card off in full. The next day they give me a $1.00 interest fee so I think I'm paid in full. No, in fact because I paid it off here I think I'm good and then get hit with a$27 late fee. They tell me I should have called. NO! You should not have taxed me. Period. So long story short canceled the card.
nicolem704
March 18th, 2020
With all this going on, Kohls really cares? Are you serious kohlS? They worry about their credit goals, service?
You are still open! You have no compassion about your employees and just worry about your store results.
Are you waiting for someone to get infected or even someone dies fore your company closes down? Bigger retailers than you are closing temporarily because they care about the people not the merchandise!
Re-consider closing your stores temporarily for the sake of your hardworking employees!
Don't think about credit and F******ng service you give.
tabatham24
May 1st, 2020
There was no return labels sent with the products and no way to press return to get one on my account! I finally found a return sheet to print out but i had to pay nearly 60 just to send a pair of jeans, 2 shorts and glasses back. I won't ever order online from them again.
amandaa393
February 21st, 2020
I ordered a couple pairs of leggings online at kohls.com. They arrived with the packages destroyed, and the leggings wrinkled with hair on them.
andrear457
June 23rd, 2020
I have been purchasing from this shop for several years. I always can find something I like and feel comfortable in. Though must admit, to my regret, that recently the quality of the same items became not as good as it used to be before.
craigh384
June 19th, 2020
Kohls 30 minute policy is CRAZY! After you place an order you have 30 minutes to make any changes. If you don't make them within 30 minutes they will send your items to the wrong address and tell you too bad. They don't have any solution to correct the issue after 30 minutes. I have ordered from Kohl's many times but this one time (5 pairs of shoes) my order was accidently sent to a 11 year old address. Even though I got to part of the order before the delivery, they said "Sorry Sir, it has to be done within 30 minutes". They said I now have to pay for something that I NEVER GOT! No way to fix it.
mattieg11
August 10th, 2020
First time Kohl's shopper after a friend highly recommended. After ordering online I was told to wait until I was contacted to able to pickup item. Money came out of my bank account and then I got an email saying order could not be completed. I called store where I was supposed to pick up item. Store employee said there were 8 of the item I had ordered and got charged for. Now I have to wait 7 business days for my $148.00 to be deposited back into my account. Pathetic and disgusting! Not sure where the fault lies, but these are hard times for most and to be without $148.00 is a challenge. This was a wedding present and I don't have extra cash to buy something else. I have never shopped at Kohl's and after this experience I will never shop there in the future.
kellyw319
November 29th, 2019
I recently purchased an item online, found out a day later "after tracking my order" that the order was "cancelled" due to item being out of stock. I called Kohl's asap, one rep stated my monies would be refunded in 48 hrs., another rep stated my refund would take 7 days, my bank stated it would take to weeks. No consistency on when I could expect MY money, Kohl's customer service needs a lot of improvement, management as well.
vickiew84
April 13th, 2020
Every time my wife calls Kohl's the automated rep says she owes $9,000.00. When she talks to an actual rep she is told Kohl's doesn't even have limits that high and her balance is around $300.00. My wife has been trying to get this resolved for months.
florencet20
December 11th, 2019
My order took forever to come and was delivered and left at the end of my 500' driveway were someone could just steal it! Seriously what is wrong with this company! Not happy with the customer service will not order online again!
daveh574
July 26th, 2020
It's a normal, familiar assortment.
I'm fine with the fact that it's really cool to get what you need fast.
kennaw5
April 11th, 2020
I simply do not even want to give them 1 star. After 7.5 years they closed my account for no reason. With this virus outbreak I was trying to buy new bedding on kohls.com. After calling multiple times within the last 2 weeks (couldnt wait longer then 45 mins each day trying to get through) I finally got through today at 550am AZ time only to find out my account was closed. They said oh u need to reapply online. Not only is this ridiculous it also effects my credit (not much but it does for longevity of credit history) with a high score and not many credit cards it bothers me as I take pride in my credit. I went with AMEX, got approved and even got my new cc number within 5 mins. Way quicker then just trying to call Kohls to find out why my CC didnt work which was a waste of time anyways since they closed my acct.
wernerj5
December 21st, 2019
Ordered product on 12/11/2019 and website showed 12/19/2019 delivery. Called 12/18 and saw on website that delivery was now shown as 12/27. Customer service said the 12/19 date was correct. No delivery by then. Called 12/21 but now customer service said 12/27. I asked that order be cancelled since this was to be a Christmas gift. Customer service advised that order couldn't be cancelled. I will contact attorney to institute suit against Kohls.
janiceh132
December 16th, 2019
I have dealt with Kohls a lot since Black Friday and have several points to make.
1. I placed several orders online, which if combined right would have resulted in more Kohl's cash. So combine your purchases to maximize the Kohl's Cash. Received two Kohl's orders at my house from UPS or FEDEX, but the truck wasn't identified as either. You can track your online order and the last one said "delivered". Couldn't find that order and called customer service. While speaking to her, noticed that it said "mailbox" - so I ran outside and down the driveway with my cordless phone and voila! There it is in the mailbox. OK - my silly fault. Customer service was polite but if I have a general question, I prefer to call my local store.
2. This is the only place I could find a decent selection of Black Hills Gold and with two discounts, the price was excellent. The Kohls Cash was a bonus. Downside would be if you need a ring sized, it is not included like it would be at a jeweler. You would have to take it to a jeweler to size it and that adds considerably to the cost. I ordered 3 different styles and ended up keeping an inexpensive silver one with gold embellishments. It fit and I liked it the best. Was able to "model" the rings for my husband (without dragging him "kicking and screaming" to the store), select one and return the others to the store easily. I like being able to "model" or compare purchases and ask the opinion of my husband or daughter in the comfort of my home.
3. Black Friday prices are excellent, depending on what you are purchasing, especially with the Kohl's Cash. Ordered online instead of fighting the crowds. However, I wanted to use the $10 Black Friday coupon and went to the store at 1:00 pm, when I expected the crowds to be gone. Wrong! The checkout line wrapped around to the rear of the store and I estimate it would have taken more than an hour in line. Crabby husband waiting in the car, so I gave my coupon to a random stranger, who appeared to be willing to brave the long checkout line. Second time I have tried Black Friday shopping at Kohl's, but think I finally learned my lesson. Was happy with my online bargains.
4. Kohls Cash: Understand the rules before you calculate the final price. The Kohls Cash will be applied first and if there is a balance, any % discounts will be applied to the balance, not the other way around. Used my Kohls Cash to purchase a sweater and shoes for my Grandson. They were on sale and free with my Kohls Cash.
5. For my online orders, I log into UPromise and then Kohls. This gives me an extra discount, which is paid as a separate rebate. UPromise gives discounts on a wide variety of companies, and it's pretty easy to work with. I selected to have them send me my earnings automatically, and they are automatically transferred to my checking account when the earnings reach $10.
denisem37
December 13th, 2019
Bought a dyson stick vac at Kohls.com for delivery to my local store. It took two days, and 25 minutes in line. I tried calling the store on and off for 2 hours the previous day to cancel (they wouldn't do it online), and kept getting sent to a phone that nobody was answering. Waste of time and money, and I ended up getting it cheaper elsewhere. I'm done with Kohls.

Don't know about Canada, but NO THEY ARE NOT RELIABLE! They can't even figure out to send a glass picture frame in a box instead of a plastic bag. TWICE! And forget about a refund. Shop elsewhere, anywhere else.

By Kim R.

Yes. See the back of your receipt.It says you can return items anytime for any reason.

By Mariana G.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Kohl's staff and other customers.

Enjoy free shipping and easy returns every day at Kohl's! Find great savings on clothing, shoes, toys, home d̩cor, appliances and electronics for the whole family.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohl's?

Have a question about Kohl's?