I have dealt with Kohls a lot since Black Friday and have several points to make.
1. I placed several orders online, which if combined right would have resulted in more Kohl's cash. So combine your purchases to maximize the Kohl's Cash. Received two Kohl's orders at my house from UPS or FEDEX, but the truck wasn't identified as either. You can track your online order and the last one said "delivered". Couldn't find that order and called customer service. While speaking to her, noticed that it said "mailbox" - so I ran outside and down the driveway with my cordless phone and voila! There it is in the mailbox. OK - my silly fault. Customer service was polite but if I have a general question, I prefer to call my local store.
2. This is the only place I could find a decent selection of Black Hills Gold and with two discounts, the price was excellent. The Kohls Cash was a bonus. Downside would be if you need a ring sized, it is not included like it would be at a jeweler. You would have to take it to a jeweler to size it and that adds considerably to the cost. I ordered 3 different styles and ended up keeping an inexpensive silver one with gold embellishments. It fit and I liked it the best. Was able to "model" the rings for my husband (without dragging him "kicking and screaming" to the store), select one and return the others to the store easily. I like being able to "model" or compare purchases and ask the opinion of my husband or daughter in the comfort of my home.
3. Black Friday prices are excellent, depending on what you are purchasing, especially with the Kohl's Cash. Ordered online instead of fighting the crowds. However, I wanted to use the $10 Black Friday coupon and went to the store at 1:00 pm, when I expected the crowds to be gone. Wrong! The checkout line wrapped around to the rear of the store and I estimate it would have taken more than an hour in line. Crabby husband waiting in the car, so I gave my coupon to a random stranger, who appeared to be willing to brave the long checkout line. Second time I have tried Black Friday shopping at Kohl's, but think I finally learned my lesson. Was happy with my online bargains.
4. Kohls Cash: Understand the rules before you calculate the final price. The Kohls Cash will be applied first and if there is a balance, any % discounts will be applied to the balance, not the other way around. Used my Kohls Cash to purchase a sweater and shoes for my Grandson. They were on sale and free with my Kohls Cash.
5. For my online orders, I log into UPromise and then Kohls. This gives me an extra discount, which is paid as a separate rebate. UPromise gives discounts on a wide variety of companies, and it's pretty easy to work with. I selected to have them send me my earnings automatically, and they are automatically transferred to my checking account when the earnings reach $10.