Review of Nordstrom

contact@nordstrom.com
2018 Customer choice award

kellyh411
6/28/19

Wish I could leave a 0-star review I am so disappointed and upset with this company. They sent me a faulty product I contacted them straight away and was told I had to return it at a cost and inconvenience to myself for a refund and then place the order again and pay for shipping again. I originally paid for express shipping to ensure that it arrived in time but am now left with nothing and no compensation because apparently, they are a no compensation company. They reimbursed my original shipping but would not offer anything further. So I the paying customer (£277 item) have to go out of MY way to fix a problem THEY made at a cost to myself for NOTHING in return. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. THEY HAVE NO CUSTOMER SERVICE AND DO NOT EVEN TRY TO FIX ISSUES THAT THEY CREATED. So unhappy with their service, it's a complete joke.

lm187
6/22/19

I have been helping this store survive for 2 decades or more and find some of these reviews ridiculous. I have absolutely loved them forever because of their top-notch customer service, selection, quality items, free delivery and hassle free return policy....... until lately. They are now using Lasership, which is- in my opinion, the worst shipper ever! Unfortunately the closest Nordstrom location is 1.15 hrs away. I will travel, but there is no guarantee that I will find what I want in my size and color preference, so I order 80% online. Needless to say, I will be purchasing less if they continue to send Lasership to my home.

carmanh1
6/20/19

I would have giving a 0 star if I had too! I had been shopping at Nordstrom.com around 7-8 years and had a worst experience ever recently. I placed the order of a burberry hoodie, the delivery data shows the package was delivered but when I got home I did not see any package. So I contacted Nordstrom customer service via phone immediately for this missing package issue and hoping they could maybe contact carrier driver to see where they left the package! After few days, I received an email from Delivery research team . Her name is Karen D. in the email, she states

"While reviewing your orders, it has also come to my attention that you have had packages reported as stolen/missing items after delivery and we have previously refunded the cost of the merchandise as a courtesy. Due to the history at your address, we will no longer be able to issue credits for stolen/missing merchandise. "

what she meant from the message is that if i need to report a stolen or missing items in the future. Then I am the only responsible person for it. But i think this is unfair. I have been shopping on Nordstrom.com for years and I personally love Nordstrom a lot. Why would I lie about a missing package that I never received! I did not receive the package and I contacted Nordstrom wish I could get help to get the items I wanted not for someone to treated me unfairly by saying this. I am truly disappointed and feeling I should never shop on Nordstrom again even though I love nordstrom a lot.

I contacted Nordstrom regarding to this concern on 02/01/2019 and I still haven't hear anything from Nordstrom YET!

priscillao15
6/15/19

l like this brands....this brand look different...and the shipping is very fast. ....i want to buy this ..... .

mercedesp16
6/3/19

We can get elegant outfits. The store has exclusive models you can buy for special ocasions, the prices áre accesible.

novah3
6/1/19

Have had bad experience with online shopping before.
But I bumped into this site and found some nice looking gents costumes.
Ordered for a pair for my fiancé on his birthday and that has left a lasting impression.
Top and elegant attires

emmas197
5/31/19

I have been selling to Nordstrom for some time now. It is the worst site ever. I sold them some authentic Fendi boots recently and they offered me some awesome offer because it's demand has gone up recently. Best in business.

rimah1
5/23/19

I wore this the same day I got it and received a compliment immediately. I like how the sleeves are a little longer down to above the elbow. This will come in handy when buildings crank up the AC during the summer months!

natashaj33
5/19/19

The Nordstrom shopping and customer service experience is the worst I have ever experienced. I ordered a pair of shoes from them. Four days later they cancelled my order saying it wasn't available. I tried to contact them to refund the money. Still hadn't refund my money on to my account. Stay away from them!

haydens40
5/18/19

Nordstrom worked with me management and corporate to resolve these matters. They were very pleasant,courteous and professional which I'm thankful for because I been shopping with Nordstrom.

stephenk261
5/15/19

As bad as it gets.

Went shopping about 7 or 8 times and went to the restaurant as well.

Was told that "I offended one of their rude customer service people" and that I am banned from the store after being falsely accused of making racial slurs. This store throws it around pretty good and the younger workers don't respect older customers and try to sabotage them when they stand-up for themselves. They are also racist (on both sides) so be forewarned and the store manager seems to have no filter and explodes when you don't agree with her and shows other signs of extreme immaturity.

They also don't have the high end design clothes as well.

A spiteful bunch of losers who have a "big fish in a small pond syndrome". Just being honest and they are extremely sneaky and dishonest.

Don't say you haven't been warned.

I am more of a Saks person myself, so my standards are much higher than what the local yocals are offering.

shorio
5/10/19

I bought a dress for my birthday party and it fit perfectly. My guest keep on give me a nice compliment. I just see the pictures from the party and I really looks adorable with the dress.

josep181
Jose P.
5/9/19

I love it is very stylish my reyna I love you you are beautiful and beautiful that is why you are the best and your design ufff super

margaretl177
5/7/19

I love their selection of products! They are all high-quality and priced just right! And they ship worldwide, too.

dianef158
4/14/19

I returned a dress and jacket to the Fashion Valley Nordstrom's, in San Diego yesterday. I had been looking for a grandmother of the bride dress, light weight for a summer wedding. Irma, the clerk told me to look around, and bring her an item I may find of interest. She made No attempt to assist me with looking! Then suggested I go to Macy's or Bloomingdale's. I did not experience the wonderful Nordstrom's Customer Service from the Old Days. I did go to Bloomingdales' and had FABULOUS service. Thank you Irma for sending me there!!!!!

zuilag
4/12/19

love them so much great items and service i do wish they would offer me a free gucci wallet as i spent alot with them

lidiat8
3/18/19

I have been buying better dresses from Nordstrom for years. I purchased an evening gown for my son's wedding last June. They have always done the hem FOR FREE. If something in the policy changed, when I spoke to the clerk upon check out, she should have told me. We discussed I would be back in the Spring to get the hem done at no cost. Today, I went to do just that. I was told I purchased the dress on sale, which they had priced-matched, therefore, I had to pay $138 for a hem. I paid $195 for the dress. I was shocked. I have never paid for alterations with Nordstrom. I have been buying there for years. Like I said, this should have been disclosed when I purchased the dress. I spoke to two different people, in your Nordstrom at International Mall in Tampa, to no avail. It's as if they did not believe me. They were the last brick and mortar store that I had confidence in. Now, that is gone, too. I felt betrayed and taken for the ultimate sale. Also, that is an outrageous price for a hem. I took the dress to a tailor down the street for $40.

I am very disappointed. My whole family shops there for nicer clothes for events. I will need to consider this for future purchases. If on sale, they will get the full price for the clothes through extremely high alteration prices. They have become just like all the others. The customer doesn't matter anymore. No one cares about the loyal customer who has spent thousands in this store.

Sad in Tampa today!

suzzys2
3/12/19

I'm embarrassed for this company. They have no customer service ethics. Any business would strive to keep customers, but not this one. This one has no problems saying well you don't have to shop with us. You know there is something fundamentally wrong with a business when that's the best answer you can get.
Shame.

patriciam614
2/27/19

I have been a Nordstrom/Nordstrom.com customer and account holder since the 1980s. I am now a Level 3 or 4 member, so you know I buy a lot of merchandise from Nordie's! I am so frustrated with them lately, though, because their once high level of service is now absolutely terrible. In the last couple years I have received too many expensive items that were simply thrown into a box with no padding (arriving damaged and scratched, or so rumpled they needed to go to the dry cleaner), and shopworn items that are soiled and smelly. When I complain about things like this I always get a boilerplate "sorry" email, but that's it. No apology credit, or immediate return credit to my account so I don't have to wait for the returned items to arrive in the warehouse (that immediate credit was the practice in the old days, for long-established customers, but no more). The most recent annoying thing was a $300 pair of earrings, which had been backordered for some time, arriving scratched up and destroyed because they had been bashing around the box in shipping (due to stupidly poor packaging). The earrings were sold out by that point, so they cannot be replaced. I shipped them back using a Nordstrom label, and ten days later they are still tracking as "in transit"! I am still waiting for my money. The customer service communication stinks these days, too. A month ago I returned a $1100 designer coat by mail, and never got an email confirmation (usually they send out a "we have received your returned items" email). They never notified me that the item had been processed. I had to follow,up on it myself.

They are falling apart, slowly, it seems. It's very sad because this used to be a family-owned company that cared about loyal customers and maintaining the highest standards of service.

bruceb130
2/21/19

My complaint, along with Nordstrom's incredibly callous response, is listed below.

Your request (#1332603) has been deemed solved.

Victor C., Feb 21, 14:55 EST:
Hello Bruce,
Thank you for contacting eGift Card Support.
We do apologize if your experience was not 100% positive. Thank you for taking the time to contact us. We appreciate your comments and suggestions, as we are always looking to improve upon the eGift Card experience.
If there are any additional questions or concerns that you may have, please be sure to let us know.

Victor C.
Nordstrom Gift Card Support
[link removed]

Bruce B##### 19, 22:39 EST:
If you look below you will see this order was made on Valentine's Day, and according to Nordstrom it was processed just after 5:00 PM. The receipt is for an order with a Delivery Date of February 14th, Valentine's Day. It was a Valentine's Day gift card.
And it was not actually sent out until about 4:00 AM on February 15th...the day after Valentine's Day. Naturally, given all the electronic assurances from Nordstrom this was a Valentine's Day order, a Valentine's Day gift, to be delivered on Valentine's Day, which was processed on Valentine's Day, and given it takes seconds to send out the card in an email, I would never have dreamed Nordstrom would fail to send the card until the next morning.
This resulted in a very negative and unpleasant misunderstanding with my wife, and truly the absolute worst Valentine's Day either of us has ever experienced. I did not write this until the 19th so as to ensure my emotions were in check before so doing.

On Thu, Feb 14, 2019 at 5:09 PM Nordstrom Gift Card <[link removed]> wrote:

Hi Bruce,
Your Nordstrom eGift Card has been processed. We'll let you know when your recipient views their eGift Card. In the meantime, here are some details about your order:
Order #CND7EDK6U4

"I love you more!"

To: Elena B##### at [link removed] Purchase Date: 2/14/2019
From: Bruce B##### Delivery Date: 2/14/2019
Amount: $450.00
eGift Card Total: $450.00

keatond
2/11/19

I received a pair of Frye boots for Christmas from my father but they were too small. I sent them back with return slip filled out asking for a gift card in exchange for the boots. Instead, they refunded my father. After I reached out to Customer Care they told me they could get the funds back out of his account if my father gave them permission, which he did. They then tell me that they were unable to do so and suggested I ask my father to purchase a gift card online for $417. HOW AWKWARD! If they would have followed direction of the return slip non of this would have happened! NEVER SHOPPING HERE AGAIN!!!!!!

km453
1/29/19

I bought an expensive coat (more than $700) at Nordstrom recently and when I opened the box, I found a plastic bag in a thin big box without any cushion or any bubble wrap.
I also found the coat/jacket in a opened/teared plastic bag, and found that the another side of the plastic bag was tied by hand. (please see the attached file).
Maybe they just sent the jacket, which someone opened/returned, to me.
I could not believe that they sent me an expensive jacket in that way. (If I got it as discounted item or something, maybe I understood it.)
I returned the coat because it's little short and also I don't feel comfortable to use it.
I will try to place order at Nordstrom as less as possible in the future because of such this bad experience.

harryt65
1/23/19

Always wonderful to visit the store and like to say they have best variety of wear is something different. And the thing which I like is customer service.

cindyk102
12/11/18

I think the high end online stores in general like Saks, Nordstrom, and Neiman Marcus have bad customer service. Their customer service people are actually there to be polite to you, but other than that they have no interest in doing something that will help you. Nordstrom apparently has a strange way of posting charges to your credit card account, and my credit card company flagged two of their charges as fraudulent. It caused a huge mix-up. Honestly, all I want is my Christmas gifts I bought for someone. I called Nordstrom customer service to try to straighten it out, and the lady was polite, no help at all, didn't have the slightest idea what to do, took a guess as to what I might do, and then when she was finished she asked, "Is there anything else I can do to help you?" or something like that. I know a lot of people hate Amazon, but Amazon and Zappos (which is owned by Amazon, isn't it?) have the BEST customer service, because if there's a problem THEY FIX IT. They're not just there to say blah blah blah and then not do anything. In fact, I would rather endure a little rudeness (not that they're rude) and then get a problem fixed than listen to niceness from people who are no help at all. Nordstrom has nice customer service people who are no help at all.

alixm1
12/11/18

I received a letter from Nordstrom saying they could no longer do business with me because of the "high volume" of returns I made. First thing - I keep a very large amount of items I order. Second thing - when ordering clothes, I order multiple colors and sizes (2 different sizes, not 5) because it is an ONLINE order and you cannot try things on. This is online shopping 101 and amazes me that Nordstrom doesn't acknowledge this. I NEVER return things that are clearly worn, damaged, 3 years from the order date, etc. like I see other customers doing. Any items I return are brand spanking new, completely undamaged, and ordered within the past 60 days MAX. Clearly, the "prestige" of Nordstrom customer service has gone significantly downhill in the past few years. I would suggest doing our online shopping elsewhere unless you want to be banned for ordering *gasp* TWO SIZES!

48 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

From what I have seen, orders come within the week and are always nicely packaged with tissue paper.

By Denise p.

I have bought a fair number of designer handbags and sunglasses from Nordstrom. In all cases (depending on designer) the handbags were marked inside by the designer, where the item was made, usually a serial number and often a certificate of authenticity. This is especially true of the couture items i.e. Prada, Yves St.Laurent, etc. I have never questioned an items authenticity that I purchased from Nordstroms. They are way too big to risk their rep on fakes.

By Denise p.

Maybe it depend on your shipping method if there is no unexpected happens

By Brittany A.

Questions? Get answers from the Nordstrom staff and other customers.

6 Photos for Nordstrom