Review of Nordstrom

contact@nordstrom.com
2017 Customer choice award

charless371
5/10/18

Spread the word because Nordstrom terminated a friend of mine's account because they have a gap in their process and isn't smart enough to figure it out. So, instead of trying to work with their customers on concerns they may have related to account activity, they just terminate accounts. So, here's the gap. Use it if it's helpful.

If you have a Nordstrom gift card but won't ever use it or don't want to be forced to buy something just to use it, here's what you do. Go online and order something where the total purchase exceeds the amount the gift card. At checkout, apply the gift card which will leave a balance due. Pay with credit card (or debit card). After your item is delivered, take it to a Nordstrom Rack (not Nordstrom) and return it. They will process the FULL refund to your credit or debit card. BOOM.

maryb769
4/19/18

Nordstrom.com always has a huge selection and good quality, and many items on sale. Even if you are a hard-to-fit size, there is usually something that will work. Their inventory is huge. Service is great.

consa
3/29/18

Rather than just write a review of all of the bad experiences I have had recently with rude salespeople, customer service and headquarter's "risk management" staff that lack any sense of empathy, some of my friends have decided to do something about it.
We are filing a Class Action against Nordstrom for Deceptive Business Practices since their arbitrary returns and exchanges are just that, "arbitrary".

Some customers we have talked to have been turned down because they were not fluent in English, others because they were Hispanic or African-American, and still others for the simple reason that the salesperson did not want to lose their commission from their paycheck. Yes, you read that correctly. If a customer returns an item within a certain amount of time that hits the salesperson's wallet who rang up that sale directly(!). No wonder they aren't interested in quality customer service or helping the customer. If you buy items online and you try them on once they arrive there is a large likelihood that you may need to exchange the item.

Many other retailers: Macy's, Dillards, JCPenney, Saks, etc are more than happy to exchange items since they know you will buy more items in the store but the majority of those are NOT commissioned salespeople.

If you are interested for yourself or for a friend please pass on the word, and send an email consumeradvocate2018 at outlook dot com to share your customer service horror story and get on the list. It won't cost you a dime and it will help not only your situation but will bring back the level of service that all Nordstrom customers deserve.

You can keep writing reviews that Nordstrom doesn't read or take action and have a Judge tell them what they need to do.

deirdrea7
3/13/18

This is not the first time I have had problems returning items using the labels provided by Nordstrom, but it will be the last. I will choose to buy from other retailers who do not steal my money.

janicew66
3/1/18

i was charged 3 times for the same product and evertime i contact them they tell me one is only pending to make sure I have the funds and not charged till shipped, but it has gone through my bank account twice and the third is now pending. I am still dealing with these 2 extra charges. I have never been so mad in my life. Will never do business with them again

georgiav3
2/26/18

The Chicago Nordstrom has the worst customer service. The last couple of times I've been there I've walked around for at least 30 minutes with not a single employee acknowledging me. I'll walk around clearly looking for a size in something and they'll look at me and walk right past. Unacceptable.

jennyt63
2/17/18

What I love about Nordstrom is the wide selection of hip products that they carry at good prices. They ship quickly and every time that I have had an issue, their customer support has been quick to fix the issue!

deniser76
2/14/18

I was charged 3 times for the same product and evertime i contact them they tell me one is only pending to make sure I have the funds and not charged till shipped, but it has gone through my bank account twice and the third is now pending. I am still dealing with these 2 extra charges. I have never been so mad in my life. Will never do business with them again

susanc342
2/1/18

Too many things online are either sold out or only available in one size, not mine. Frustrated with this and will find another store to shop out.

cindyn46
1/19/18

I returned an item with the label in their package. But never got any feedback or refund in two months! I called their customer service number 8882826060. The lady was very rude! When I just started to complain to her that I didn't hear anything back for over two months, she stopped my by saying 'I didn't say you wouldn't get your credit back! '.
I won't choose Nordstrom any more!!

cindyh146
1/12/18

For me, Nordstrom carries the largest selection of petite size clothes. They have an entire section of petite sizes and not just a clothing rack here and there. I know and love the brands and the selection of styles made for me!

chanele3
1/2/18

chloew23
12/31/17

I really appreciate the return policy of Nordstrom. Sometimes it is difficult to fit returning an unwanted item into a busy schedule. Nordstrom makes shopping there stress free. Sales associates are also very helpful and willing to explain more about any product. Very generous when giving out samples (cosmetics/skincare), which also makes the shopping experience much better.

emilym163
12/26/17

Fantastic customer service that matches prices from competitors (even during black friday and cyber monday). I recommend the chat option! Much better than other high end department stores. Easy returns!

lorib108
12/20/17

I have bought and still love to wear there fantastic out fits.They stay up to date with styles and color.The only thing they need to do is lower there prices a little and give us free shipping

debrab121
12/4/17

I reported that my order was missing an item. It was small and got lost in the packaging. I emailed them to say it was missing. instead of looking into my order, they sent a new one and charged me AGAIN. Before i knew this, i emailed them to say i found the item, but now they charged me for two. When you are missing an item it means YOU PAID FOR IT AND IT'S NOT THERE. NOT, YOU NEED TO PAY TWICE FOR TWO. Cha-ching anyone????

davidm789
11/29/17

Returned several items ordered on-line because they had obviously been worn and were damaged in very obvious ways, one of the dresses didn't even come with the belt it was supposed to come with. Nordstrom refunded 2 of the 3 items but claimed they did not receive the third. They had provided a separate label for each item through their own carrier (Newgistics) and each of the 3 items was shipped back in separate boxes on the same day. After claiming that they had not received the third item I went on-line to search for their carriers web site and finally found it and tracked the package myself. Once I confirmed that the item had been delivered to Nordstroms return center on the same day as the other 2 items I called them to ask why they were claiming they had not received the item when their own carrier proved they had. The CSR quickly changed her story from they had not received the item to they were not able to confirm what item was in the package they received. I asked her how that was my problem and if they had no record of what was in the package how they could deny that it was the item I had sent. After talking in circles with the CSR for over 10 minutes I asked to speak to her supervisor, she responded that her supervisor was unavailable and hung up on me.

caitlinm30
11/29/17

Something very shady is going on with Nordstrom. I try to do a lot of our back to school shopping (especially for shoes) at the Nordstrom anniversary sale. This year, several days and weeks after the orders had been processed, I received emails that the some of my items were either backordered or no longer available. If I bought it, how can it no longer be available? I purchased a pair of boots at the black Friday sale last week and this week I receive an email that they are "delayed". I call and ask, when are the shoes going to ship and do you have them? I was told they will try every avenue to get the shoes for me and I am in the line to get them. Wait a minute, I have already bought the shoes, I'm not supposed to be on some waiting list. Are they overselling items like airlines oversell seats? What is going on? This has to be happening to other customers as well.

sharij1
11/25/17

I have shopped at Nordstrom for 35 years. Back in the 80s, service in the store was excellent. Nowadays, like most businesses, good sales staff is hard to find, so it's gone downhill, but they are still generally nice, just not as knowledgeable or helpful. Maybe they are no longer on commission. I had a friend who worked there back in the 80s and it was all backstabbing behind the scenes, fighting for customers.

Their online staff are still excellent. They speak fluent English and know good customer service. They sound like Americans and I really appreciate that. This isn't a racist rant, I am simply saying that it makes the conversation easy, as opposed to some businesses with agents from a different country so they don't understand English well, leading to frustrating phone calls. I appreciate that Nordstrom is willing to spend more money on good customer service.

It seems they have finally realized that they need to discount their prices to stay in the game. If I can, I buy from them. But if the price is lower elsewhere, I buy elsewhere.

My one warning is to track your returns if mailing. A couple of times, I had to call because they didn't process my returns.

leor71
11/24/17

Love Nordstrom.com and the ability to order online and pick up at the store a couple of hours later!

andrewm256
11/9/17

I bought an item through the gift option After they charged my card I get an email that says that I have to call them the next day to complete my order. When I call I get voicemail. I call the main store and they say they have outsourced their gift option and cant help me. They try to get a hold of the company and cant get through either. After calling all day I get through only to find out the reason they wanted me to call was to sell me something. Then the gift card did not work initailly, so embarrasing. Don't use Nordstrom.

lillianv5
11/8/17

karenr195
11/4/17

I bought Paige Hoxton High Wasted Jeans, I was sent Cut Ralph Loren low rise jeans. I called and they said they would make sure the right jeans were sent. They ended up sending me Hoxton High Rise Jeans. I did not realize this and gave it to my sister as a gift. She had to go out of her way and bring it back to the store. BTW those jeans were half the price I spent. I will never order online at Nordstrom and may never buy anything else from their store. They need to hold there employees accountable for sending out the wrong items. They said for my hassle they will expedite my shipment next time. Well there won't be a next time. They should be embarrassed and ashamed of themselves.

michellel157
10/27/17

I have shopped at many online stores and have only had issues at two-Nordstrom and Off 5th. Because I don't live near a Nordstrom store, I have to send returns by mail and I admittedly, have a lot of returns because I buy for myself and my family. However, I keep all my tracking numbers. Just about every other return I send back cannot be accounted for by the warehouse. I can prove, according to the tracking number that the items have been delivered but the warehouse cannot locate them. Nordstrom, is holding me responsible for theft that's apparently occurring in their warehouse. Even though, they can see and acknowledge that the item was showing as delivered to them, they won't issue a refund if the item isn't found in the warehouse. This is nothing but theft and because i do return a lot of items, I think certain warehouse workers look out for my packages to steal them. I have spent hours and hours on the phone getting aggravated to the point of nearly passing out and screaming at these robotic customer service agents, whose circular logic is nothing is completely false and in their own favor. I'm trying to get them to comprehend that whether they find the items or not, they are acknowledging their arrival, and that completes my obligation. I cannot control what happens once these items are at the warehouse! That's their problem, not mine. I've done my part by providing tracking numbers and delivery information!!! They are failing financially, as a company and are trying to get me to pay for it!

lilyl28
10/12/17

I usually do my shopping on Shopbop or Revolve but since Revolve doesn't offer a proper price matching anymore I tried to go on Nordstrom and well I'm not disappointed! Their customer service is great and they offer price matching which is also great. It took about 5 min to refund me the difference, really prompt service. Also, I like the range of clothing they offer (compared to Revolve which clothes are mostly overpriced and not so good quality). They also have great gifts with beauty purchases. The main downsides are that they don't offer a first order discount code and also their international shipping with borderfree is too expensive.

But other than that I would recommend this website for US customers (international customers not so much).

48 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Maybe it depend on your shipping method if there is no unexpected happens

By Brittany A.

Questions? Get answers from the Nordstrom staff and other customers.

Nordstrom?