Review of Nordstrom

contact@nordstrom.com
2017 Customer choice award

ivanb89
8/18/18

service shopping for a gown for my sons wedding, huge selection and gown s are TRUE TO Size ! Fabulous customer service!

jackiew98
8/15/18

Nordstrom just finished their half yearly sale. there were 2 items that the site said were out of stock for the entire last week. Well, guess what? The moment the sale was over, a ton of inventory for those two items appeared. Placed an order and called to get the sale price. They refused.

hollandh4
8/10/18

What happened to Nordstrom? I've gradually stopped shopping there because when I order something they provide no updates, then just don't ship it. They sell the customer products that are sold out- don't have a system capable of tracking...just stay away. There are plenty of good luxury stores and for affordable stuff Macys is much cheaper

raneea
8/7/18

Who pays $500 for a pair of jeans? Or $60 for a t-shirt? Prices at Nordstrom have always been outrageous. Customer service is generally excellent. Stores are generally clean and organized. Assumingly you don't mind shuffling through racks of cloths it can be worth it.

I do not support them due to how costly their merchandise is. Definitely not a store for your average consumer.

lisaf61
8/6/18

I ordered several items from the Anniversary Sale (pre-sale, open only to Nordstrom cardholders) so was extremely surprised to find they were ALL backordered. Why the heck put something on sale that you don't even have? After 3 weeks no correspondence from the company other than an email saying one item was no longer available. I had to call twice to find out the status only to find out they still weren't being shipped 18 days later. Said phone call involved several minutes on hold, just to cancel the order, so I won't be ordering from Nordstrom.com again.

joannaz11
8/1/18

Since I am on here, I think I should write a short review for Nordstrom as I shop at Nordstrom on a weekly basis. Three things I really love from my shopping experiences with Nordstrom, free shipping, free alteration service (if you are level 4 and up) and hassle free return policy. Their customer service is not the best but definitely should be rated as one of the best.

ronio3
7/26/18

I made the mistake of shopping with Nordstrom online, and I should have chosen to beat myself about the head with a sock full of marbles instead - at least then it would have been less painful and I could have made it stop. After purchasing my 3 pieces and paying for them onsite I then waited, and waited . . . and waited, and waited.

After 1 month of still waiting, I emailed the online site and had my email ignored. This was to be the beginning of a long round of emails that were ignored, then phone calls and more phone calls that went on for over 3 months. "But what was the problem?" I hear you say.

Simple really. The 3 items I purchased were not in stock. How about that? So, you know instead of doing something like, oooh, emailing me immediately to let me know the items were not there and issuing me with a refund (or better still, not having out of stock items listed online in the first place because it takes all of 30 seconds to delist an item), no Nordstrom just thought that they would ignore me, take my $150 and the whole thing would just magically disappear.

No clear thinking adult should go near Nordstrom with a barge pole. If it happened to me it will happen to you because they seem to be happy to be rude to anybody for the price of a stolen clothing order. Or perhaps they'd do it for free they're so good at being rude. They clearly have zero customer service training in place or policies for communicating with customers online or handling customer complaints.

I've left out most of the boring details of what transpired over the entire 3 months other than to repeat that yes, the marble-filled sock would have been preferable. What a trainwreck of a company. It must be run by Basil Fawlty. How they still have customers is anyone's guess. Stay well away.

marquism10
7/21/18

"Nordies" has been, and is, a favorite store, and continues to produce eye-catching products. Equally noteworthy are the myriad lines of clothing--from designer to plus-size--and always offers upscale cosmetics on. Reluctantly, I did not award 4-stars because while I consider Nordiestop-level, replete with free-shipping and "no-questions" returns, clothing-quality has diminshed considerably in the last decade. This is probably due to competitive-pricing offered by Nordies which seems accomplished by (too) extensive, overseas manufacturing. Sadly, the trend makes it difficult to shop Nordies as frequently as was my previous and preferred practice.
I recommend Nordies, however caution online purchasers. Sometimes photos of merchandise do not relay the truth of presented products, "item description" notwithstanding.

rebeccac226
6/21/18

"Just received my Nordstrom order. I purchased skin care products from the Philosophy brand and got a free gift with purchased which I wasn't expecting and I loved it. Shipping was very fast. It was suppose to be here on Friday, June 22ed and I received it on Wednesday, June 20th. Plus, it was free shipping. I will definitely purchased from them again. Everything arrived nicely packaged and it was fast. Very excited to have received my product earlier than expected. "

bernadettej6
6/18/18

Not enough merchandise to choose from. Store poorly stocked. Nordstrom Toronto, poor service, not enough sizes to choose from. Poor customer service.

purrsk
6/15/18

One of my go-to stores. I have shopped with nordies for eveah! The only thing I wish they'd change is their shipping takes a long time. They need to use the US Postal Service, they are so fast but all in all I love this store and their customer service stellar.

alinad8
5/29/18

Variety of stuff. I found everything here and liked that my shopping was fast and complete. Highly recommended!

maryb769
4/19/18

Nordstrom.com always has a huge selection and good quality, and many items on sale. Even if you are a hard-to-fit size, there is usually something that will work. Their inventory is huge. Service is great.

consa
3/29/18

Rather than just write a review of all of the bad experiences I have had recently with rude salespeople, customer service and headquarter's "risk management" staff that lack any sense of empathy, some of my friends have decided to do something about it.
We are filing a Class Action against Nordstrom for Deceptive Business Practices since their arbitrary returns and exchanges are just that, "arbitrary".

Some customers we have talked to have been turned down because they were not fluent in English, others because they were Hispanic or African-American, and still others for the simple reason that the salesperson did not want to lose their commission from their paycheck. Yes, you read that correctly. If a customer returns an item within a certain amount of time that hits the salesperson's wallet who rang up that sale directly(!). No wonder they aren't interested in quality customer service or helping the customer. If you buy items online and you try them on once they arrive there is a large likelihood that you may need to exchange the item.

Many other retailers: Macy's, Dillards, JCPenney, Saks, etc are more than happy to exchange items since they know you will buy more items in the store but the majority of those are NOT commissioned salespeople.

If you are interested for yourself or for a friend please pass on the word, and send an email consumeradvocate2018 at outlook dot com to share your customer service horror story and get on the list. It won't cost you a dime and it will help not only your situation but will bring back the level of service that all Nordstrom customers deserve.

You can keep writing reviews that Nordstrom doesn't read or take action and have a Judge tell them what they need to do.

deirdrea7
3/13/18

This is not the first time I have had problems returning items using the labels provided by Nordstrom, but it will be the last. I will choose to buy from other retailers who do not steal my money.

janicew66
3/1/18

i was charged 3 times for the same product and evertime i contact them they tell me one is only pending to make sure I have the funds and not charged till shipped, but it has gone through my bank account twice and the third is now pending. I am still dealing with these 2 extra charges. I have never been so mad in my life. Will never do business with them again

georgiav3
2/26/18

The Chicago Nordstrom has the worst customer service. The last couple of times I've been there I've walked around for at least 30 minutes with not a single employee acknowledging me. I'll walk around clearly looking for a size in something and they'll look at me and walk right past. Unacceptable.

jennyt63
2/17/18

What I love about Nordstrom is the wide selection of hip products that they carry at good prices. They ship quickly and every time that I have had an issue, their customer support has been quick to fix the issue!

deniser76
2/14/18

I was charged 3 times for the same product and evertime i contact them they tell me one is only pending to make sure I have the funds and not charged till shipped, but it has gone through my bank account twice and the third is now pending. I am still dealing with these 2 extra charges. I have never been so mad in my life. Will never do business with them again

susanc342
2/1/18

Too many things online are either sold out or only available in one size, not mine. Frustrated with this and will find another store to shop out.

cindyn46
1/19/18

I returned an item with the label in their package. But never got any feedback or refund in two months! I called their customer service number 8882826060. The lady was very rude! When I just started to complain to her that I didn't hear anything back for over two months, she stopped my by saying 'I didn't say you wouldn't get your credit back! '.
I won't choose Nordstrom any more!!

cindyh146
1/12/18

For me, Nordstrom carries the largest selection of petite size clothes. They have an entire section of petite sizes and not just a clothing rack here and there. I know and love the brands and the selection of styles made for me!

chanele3
1/2/18

chloew23
12/31/17

I really appreciate the return policy of Nordstrom. Sometimes it is difficult to fit returning an unwanted item into a busy schedule. Nordstrom makes shopping there stress free. Sales associates are also very helpful and willing to explain more about any product. Very generous when giving out samples (cosmetics/skincare), which also makes the shopping experience much better.

emilym163
12/26/17

Fantastic customer service that matches prices from competitors (even during black friday and cyber monday). I recommend the chat option! Much better than other high end department stores. Easy returns!

48 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

From what I have seen, orders come within the week and are always nicely packaged with tissue paper.

By Denise p.

I have bought a fair number of designer handbags and sunglasses from Nordstrom. In all cases (depending on designer) the handbags were marked inside by the designer, where the item was made, usually a serial number and often a certificate of authenticity. This is especially true of the couture items i.e. Prada, Yves St.Laurent, etc. I have never questioned an items authenticity that I purchased from Nordstroms. They are way too big to risk their rep on fakes.

By Denise p.

Maybe it depend on your shipping method if there is no unexpected happens

By Brittany A.

Questions? Get answers from the Nordstrom staff and other customers.

Nordstrom?