Review of Nordstrom

contact@nordstrom.com
2017 Customer choice award

debrab121
12/4/17

I reported that my order was missing an item. It was small and got lost in the packaging. I emailed them to say it was missing. instead of looking into my order, they sent a new one and charged me AGAIN. Before i knew this, i emailed them to say i found the item, but now they charged me for two. When you are missing an item it means YOU PAID FOR IT AND IT'S NOT THERE. NOT, YOU NEED TO PAY TWICE FOR TWO. Cha-ching anyone????

davidm789
11/29/17

Returned several items ordered on-line because they had obviously been worn and were damaged in very obvious ways, one of the dresses didn't even come with the belt it was supposed to come with. Nordstrom refunded 2 of the 3 items but claimed they did not receive the third. They had provided a separate label for each item through their own carrier (Newgistics) and each of the 3 items was shipped back in separate boxes on the same day. After claiming that they had not received the third item I went on-line to search for their carriers web site and finally found it and tracked the package myself. Once I confirmed that the item had been delivered to Nordstroms return center on the same day as the other 2 items I called them to ask why they were claiming they had not received the item when their own carrier proved they had. The CSR quickly changed her story from they had not received the item to they were not able to confirm what item was in the package they received. I asked her how that was my problem and if they had no record of what was in the package how they could deny that it was the item I had sent. After talking in circles with the CSR for over 10 minutes I asked to speak to her supervisor, she responded that her supervisor was unavailable and hung up on me.

This is not the first time I have had problems returning items using the labels provided by Nordstrom, but it will be the last. I will choose to buy from other retailers who do not steal my money.

caitlinm30
11/29/17

Something very shady is going on with Nordstrom. I try to do a lot of our back to school shopping (especially for shoes) at the Nordstrom anniversary sale. This year, several days and weeks after the orders had been processed, I received emails that the some of my items were either backordered or no longer available. If I bought it, how can it no longer be available? I purchased a pair of boots at the black Friday sale last week and this week I receive an email that they are "delayed". I call and ask, when are the shoes going to ship and do you have them? I was told they will try every avenue to get the shoes for me and I am in the line to get them. Wait a minute, I have already bought the shoes, I'm not supposed to be on some waiting list. Are they overselling items like airlines oversell seats? What is going on? This has to be happening to other customers as well.

sharij1
11/25/17

I have shopped at Nordstrom for 35 years. Back in the 80s, service in the store was excellent. Nowadays, like most businesses, good sales staff is hard to find, so it's gone downhill, but they are still generally nice, just not as knowledgeable or helpful. Maybe they are no longer on commission. I had a friend who worked there back in the 80s and it was all backstabbing behind the scenes, fighting for customers.

Their online staff are still excellent. They speak fluent English and know good customer service. They sound like Americans and I really appreciate that. This isn't a racist rant, I am simply saying that it makes the conversation easy, as opposed to some businesses with agents from a different country so they don't understand English well, leading to frustrating phone calls. I appreciate that Nordstrom is willing to spend more money on good customer service.

It seems they have finally realized that they need to discount their prices to stay in the game. If I can, I buy from them. But if the price is lower elsewhere, I buy elsewhere.

My one warning is to track your returns if mailing. A couple of times, I had to call because they didn't process my returns.

leor58
11/24/17

Love Nordstrom.com and the ability to order online and pick up at the store a couple of hours later!

andrewm256
11/9/17

I bought an item through the gift option After they charged my card I get an email that says that I have to call them the next day to complete my order. When I call I get voicemail. I call the main store and they say they have outsourced their gift option and cant help me. They try to get a hold of the company and cant get through either. After calling all day I get through only to find out the reason they wanted me to call was to sell me something. Then the gift card did not work initailly, so embarrasing. Don't use Nordstrom.

lillianv5
11/8/17

karenr195
11/4/17

I bought Paige Hoxton High Wasted Jeans, I was sent Cut Ralph Loren low rise jeans. I called and they said they would make sure the right jeans were sent. They ended up sending me Hoxton High Rise Jeans. I did not realize this and gave it to my sister as a gift. She had to go out of her way and bring it back to the store. BTW those jeans were half the price I spent. I will never order online at Nordstrom and may never buy anything else from their store. They need to hold there employees accountable for sending out the wrong items. They said for my hassle they will expedite my shipment next time. Well there won't be a next time. They should be embarrassed and ashamed of themselves.

michellel157
10/27/17

I have shopped at many online stores and have only had issues at two-Nordstrom and Off 5th. Because I don't live near a Nordstrom store, I have to send returns by mail and I admittedly, have a lot of returns because I buy for myself and my family. However, I keep all my tracking numbers. Just about every other return I send back cannot be accounted for by the warehouse. I can prove, according to the tracking number that the items have been delivered but the warehouse cannot locate them. Nordstrom, is holding me responsible for theft that's apparently occurring in their warehouse. Even though, they can see and acknowledge that the item was showing as delivered to them, they won't issue a refund if the item isn't found in the warehouse. This is nothing but theft and because i do return a lot of items, I think certain warehouse workers look out for my packages to steal them. I have spent hours and hours on the phone getting aggravated to the point of nearly passing out and screaming at these robotic customer service agents, whose circular logic is nothing is completely false and in their own favor. I'm trying to get them to comprehend that whether they find the items or not, they are acknowledging their arrival, and that completes my obligation. I cannot control what happens once these items are at the warehouse! That's their problem, not mine. I've done my part by providing tracking numbers and delivery information!!! They are failing financially, as a company and are trying to get me to pay for it!

lilyl28
10/12/17

I usually do my shopping on Shopbop or Revolve but since Revolve doesn't offer a proper price matching anymore I tried to go on Nordstrom and well I'm not disappointed! Their customer service is great and they offer price matching which is also great. It took about 5 min to refund me the difference, really prompt service. Also, I like the range of clothing they offer (compared to Revolve which clothes are mostly overpriced and not so good quality). They also have great gifts with beauty purchases. The main downsides are that they don't offer a first order discount code and also their international shipping with borderfree is too expensive.

But other than that I would recommend this website for US customers (international customers not so much).

ianb112
10/8/17

I really appreciate the service and the quality of products they produce, everything is really cool!

christinej44
10/7/17

(From feedback sent to Nordstrom...)

I placed an order with a customer service rep prior to the overnight shipping cut-off time. I was assured that my payment cleared and that I would receive my order the next day, a Friday. I learned on Friday (night) that the order was shipped that day for delivery on Monday. After two calls to Customer Service, including a long conversation with a supervisor, I was told that "unfortunately" the only thing that could be done was a refund of my $15 overnight shipping fee.

This demonstrates to me a complete disregard for the customers' experience. I had purposely ordered and paid for overnight delivery due to my specific need. What I am left with is free two day shipping which is exactly what I could have elected, had that been a workable option for me at the time I placed my order.

This is extremely disappointing, particularly in light of the fact that I had very nearly placed my order with Bloomingdale's and I only switched to Nordstrom due to the advertised sales price match and my membership in Nordstrom rewards.

Nordstrom should have given me the courtesy of notifying me on Thursday that my order was not processed in time for shipment, allowing me to cancel my order and place it elsewhere to receive it when it was needed. Failing that, my shipment should have been flagged for Saturday delivery.

To have my $15 shipping fee credited as full consideration for this mishandled transaction is insulting. There are many online retail options and l will take my business elsewhere in the future.ł

phoebew1
9/26/17

While on the Shiseido's website says Friends and Family 20% (once a year offer) that requires your email address to get exclusive code, Nordstrom is considered this as a private sales due to a email address required to get a promo code, so Nordstrom not honored the price adjustment. Good to know and feeling cheated

maureenb27
9/25/17

I ordered a few items at a deep discount and absolutely love them all! I have a difficult to fit figure (rather apple shaped) and very few summer tops and dresses look good on me, but I get compliments on all of these items every time I wear them! Since I love them so much, I have no advice for ease of returns...

irinal8
9/17/17

I have been shopping at Nordstrom on and off for decades. Even though I find their customer service unparalleled, I usually find better prices elsewhere. This is why I tend to shop there less and less. They price match, but the number of such stores excludes many famous retailers like Lord and Taylor or Saks Off 5th Avenue. The best prices are during their anniversary sales.

teresaa33
9/16/17

Mgr cosmetics Trish McEvoy- great when you spend money, but not returns. I went to an event and spent over $1k. One product ended being allergic. Tried for months to return but apparently it was in a special duo they sold me. Finally figured it out, went to return and Dani was too busy. She said it has been since April and its empty. She didn't even check. Was worried about sales around me. The reason so long, I was using other products I had purchased and didn't start using, had to go to a dermatologist, and took months before they could figure out the duo. Sad I actually needed to purchase more product, but so turned off by her crassness and lack of service, I won't use their line anymore. Remember the Pretty Woman scene, mistake, big mistake!!!!

clairep22
9/10/17

Nordstrom is one of my favorite places to shop in stores, but also online. The quality of their products is always superior than most other clothing stores. While the prices can sometimes be a little high, you always know once you receive the item that you paid for quality. My clothes from Nordstrom always last a lot longer and are more comfortable than clothes from cheaper shops. My online purchases always arrive in perfect condition and in a timely manner as well as packaged well. I highly recommend Nordstrom.

judic7
9/5/17

i was in the store for the FIRST day of the presale for the anniversary sale. they did not have the jacket i wanted but the salesgirl said it was available online. she tried to order it but it was sold out. i checked every day after that and it never became available until miraculously after the sale was over! Its available now for FULL PRICE. Contacted CS but they couldn't help me and gave me some BS about not being able to adjust the price. Closing my nordstroms account. Can't deal with scammers!

rachell224
8/21/17

Great experienced shopping on line at Nordstrom. Packaging was not fancy of sort but who cares. They delivered the packaged as scheduled and everything that was listed is in the box. They emailed me couple of times as well and give me info.They even send a return label and free posted. I LOVE NORDSTROM!! Will reorder

kristenp24
8/14/17

I have been shopping at Nordstrom for years, both in the store and online. I have never had a bad experience. The customer service has always been good, and it is super easy to return/exchange items ordered online. Once in a while I venture out to a different website, and always have problems. Now I just stick with Nordstrom because I can count on a smooth, professional transaction every time.

richellew
8/7/17

If you're looking for a high end hand bag, this is not the one. I purchased this bag online and was sent a display model. $2500 for a bag that had scratches on the hardware, there was no dust bag in the shipment, and there wasn't even filling on the inside of the bag. It was apparent that it was used, yet Nordstrom sent it to me . When I called and spoke with a supervisor I was sent out a brand new replacement bag. Three short months later after receiving the replacement, it is now tearing at the seams and the handle is coming undone. I would not spend this kind of money on such poor quality. And what's even worse is Nordstrom is refusing to replace/return the bag. I have been on the phone with several people and no one is willing to replace this defective bag. Shame on Nordstrom for initially sending me a bag that was used on the floor, and then not standing behind their product. I will continue to spread the word that Nordstrom is not the place to purchase high end handbags.

louisa101
8/2/17

great customer service, returns, great sales, and great cafe in store.
Also I LOVE the free perfume samples, love them!!

I've been burned so much by shopping online, but if you shop the sales at Nordstrom, or the actual full-price items, you can verify the quality and fit. I've never had a problem with their clothes---just buying too much of it.

Ive even bought work pants onsale or at the Nordstrom Rack, brought them into the fitting room, and the seamstress they provide will pin them depending on what shoes I plan to wear with them, and hem them for free or under $20, depending on where I bought them.

Sale items can be nearly as cheap as shopping online at a cut-rate place, BUT these actually FIT and look NICE. Plus, I can go get free perfume samples or try on makeup, or hangout in their Cafe--get the goat-cheese salad!!!! And their coffee is great.

Also love their jewelry and perfume, which the husband gets me for Valentines. I feel more like it won't be a counterfeit.

am10190
7/31/17

Hard to say awful service when in reality there's none. Nordstrom does not stand by it's products even when they are defective. I will never shop there again.

marym538
7/26/17

I ordered a very expensive foundation online and realized the day after it was delivered I sent it to my old address. I called to see if I could pay to have UPS pick it up or something like that. Well, the told me they were sending me a replacement to my correct address - NO CHARGE! That's what I call customer service!

ch26443
7/24/17

I placed an order on the Nordstrom website before I realized that the shipping process is longer during their anniversary sale and that I would not be able to receive the product on time. So I started a chat with their customer service within probably 5 minutes of placing the order; it took at least 20 minutes to connect with a representative and once I was connected the representative took another 5 minutes to look up my order. And then I was told that the order has been processed too far to be cancelled and they cannot change the delivery method either. Their customer service offered no help about the issue and abruptly disconnected after telling me there was nothing she could do. The website does not indicate that their processing time is faster during the anniversary sale. On the contrary, their website actually says that the shipping time would be longer due to the sale, from which I inferred that the order would take longer to process. I actually purchased something else on their website just a few days ago and that order was not shipped for four days. Regardless, it's ridiculous that I was not able to cancel an order that was placed 5 minutes ago.

48 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Maybe it depend on your shipping method if there is no unexpected happens

By Brittany A.

Questions? Get answers from the Nordstrom staff and other customers.

Nordstrom?