Review of Nordstrom

contact@nordstrom.com
2018 Customer choice award

dianef158
4/14/19

I returned a dress and jacket to the Fashion Valley Nordstrom's, in San Diego yesterday. I had been looking for a grandmother of the bride dress, light weight for a summer wedding. Irma, the clerk told me to look around, and bring her an item I may find of interest. She made No attempt to assist me with looking! Then suggested I go to Macy's or Bloomingdale's. I did not experience the wonderful Nordstrom's Customer Service from the Old Days. I did go to Bloomingdales' and had FABULOUS service. Thank you Irma for sending me there!!!!!

zuilag
4/12/19

love them so much great items and service i do wish they would offer me a free gucci wallet as i spent alot with them

fahim
3/24/19

C vraiment formidable, en plus on peut trouver tout ce dont on a besoin et tout nos choix bravo sittejabber

lidiat8
3/18/19

I have been buying better dresses from Nordstrom for years. I purchased an evening gown for my son's wedding last June. They have always done the hem FOR FREE. If something in the policy changed, when I spoke to the clerk upon check out, she should have told me. We discussed I would be back in the Spring to get the hem done at no cost. Today, I went to do just that. I was told I purchased the dress on sale, which they had priced-matched, therefore, I had to pay $138 for a hem. I paid $195 for the dress. I was shocked. I have never paid for alterations with Nordstrom. I have been buying there for years. Like I said, this should have been disclosed when I purchased the dress. I spoke to two different people, in your Nordstrom at International Mall in Tampa, to no avail. It's as if they did not believe me. They were the last brick and mortar store that I had confidence in. Now, that is gone, too. I felt betrayed and taken for the ultimate sale. Also, that is an outrageous price for a hem. I took the dress to a tailor down the street for $40.

I am very disappointed. My whole family shops there for nicer clothes for events. I will need to consider this for future purchases. If on sale, they will get the full price for the clothes through extremely high alteration prices. They have become just like all the others. The customer doesn't matter anymore. No one cares about the loyal customer who has spent thousands in this store.

Sad in Tampa today!

suzzys2
3/12/19

I'm embarrassed for this company. They have no customer service ethics. Any business would strive to keep customers, but not this one. This one has no problems saying well you don't have to shop with us. You know there is something fundamentally wrong with a business when that's the best answer you can get.
Shame.

patriciam614
2/27/19

I have been a Nordstrom/Nordstrom.com customer and account holder since the 1980s. I am now a Level 3 or 4 member, so you know I buy a lot of merchandise from Nordie's! I am so frustrated with them lately, though, because their once high level of service is now absolutely terrible. In the last couple years I have received too many expensive items that were simply thrown into a box with no padding (arriving damaged and scratched, or so rumpled they needed to go to the dry cleaner), and shopworn items that are soiled and smelly. When I complain about things like this I always get a boilerplate "sorry" email, but that's it. No apology credit, or immediate return credit to my account so I don't have to wait for the returned items to arrive in the warehouse (that immediate credit was the practice in the old days, for long-established customers, but no more). The most recent annoying thing was a $300 pair of earrings, which had been backordered for some time, arriving scratched up and destroyed because they had been bashing around the box in shipping (due to stupidly poor packaging). The earrings were sold out by that point, so they cannot be replaced. I shipped them back using a Nordstrom label, and ten days later they are still tracking as "in transit"! I am still waiting for my money. The customer service communication stinks these days, too. A month ago I returned a $1100 designer coat by mail, and never got an email confirmation (usually they send out a "we have received your returned items" email). They never notified me that the item had been processed. I had to follow,up on it myself.

They are falling apart, slowly, it seems. It's very sad because this used to be a family-owned company that cared about loyal customers and maintaining the highest standards of service.

bruceb130
2/21/19

My complaint, along with Nordstrom's incredibly callous response, is listed below.

Your request (#1332603) has been deemed solved.

Victor C., Feb 21, 14:55 EST:
Hello Bruce,
Thank you for contacting eGift Card Support.
We do apologize if your experience was not 100% positive. Thank you for taking the time to contact us. We appreciate your comments and suggestions, as we are always looking to improve upon the eGift Card experience.
If there are any additional questions or concerns that you may have, please be sure to let us know.

Victor C.
Nordstrom Gift Card Support
[link removed]

Bruce B##### 19, 22:39 EST:
If you look below you will see this order was made on Valentine's Day, and according to Nordstrom it was processed just after 5:00 PM. The receipt is for an order with a Delivery Date of February 14th, Valentine's Day. It was a Valentine's Day gift card.
And it was not actually sent out until about 4:00 AM on February 15th...the day after Valentine's Day. Naturally, given all the electronic assurances from Nordstrom this was a Valentine's Day order, a Valentine's Day gift, to be delivered on Valentine's Day, which was processed on Valentine's Day, and given it takes seconds to send out the card in an email, I would never have dreamed Nordstrom would fail to send the card until the next morning.
This resulted in a very negative and unpleasant misunderstanding with my wife, and truly the absolute worst Valentine's Day either of us has ever experienced. I did not write this until the 19th so as to ensure my emotions were in check before so doing.

On Thu, Feb 14, 2019 at 5:09 PM Nordstrom Gift Card <[link removed]> wrote:

Hi Bruce,
Your Nordstrom eGift Card has been processed. We'll let you know when your recipient views their eGift Card. In the meantime, here are some details about your order:
Order #CND7EDK6U4

"I love you more!"

To: Elena B##### at [link removed] Purchase Date: 2/14/2019
From: Bruce B##### Delivery Date: 2/14/2019
Amount: $450.00
eGift Card Total: $450.00

keatond
2/11/19

I received a pair of Frye boots for Christmas from my father but they were too small. I sent them back with return slip filled out asking for a gift card in exchange for the boots. Instead, they refunded my father. After I reached out to Customer Care they told me they could get the funds back out of his account if my father gave them permission, which he did. They then tell me that they were unable to do so and suggested I ask my father to purchase a gift card online for $417. HOW AWKWARD! If they would have followed direction of the return slip non of this would have happened! NEVER SHOPPING HERE AGAIN!!!!!!

km453
1/29/19

I bought an expensive coat (more than $700) at Nordstrom recently and when I opened the box, I found a plastic bag in a thin big box without any cushion or any bubble wrap.
I also found the coat/jacket in a opened/teared plastic bag, and found that the another side of the plastic bag was tied by hand. (please see the attached file).
Maybe they just sent the jacket, which someone opened/returned, to me.
I could not believe that they sent me an expensive jacket in that way. (If I got it as discounted item or something, maybe I understood it.)
I returned the coat because it's little short and also I don't feel comfortable to use it.
I will try to place order at Nordstrom as less as possible in the future because of such this bad experience.

harryt65
1/23/19

Always wonderful to visit the store and like to say they have best variety of wear is something different. And the thing which I like is customer service.

cindyk102
12/11/18

I think the high end online stores in general like Saks, Nordstrom, and Neiman Marcus have bad customer service. Their customer service people are actually there to be polite to you, but other than that they have no interest in doing something that will help you. Nordstrom apparently has a strange way of posting charges to your credit card account, and my credit card company flagged two of their charges as fraudulent. It caused a huge mix-up. Honestly, all I want is my Christmas gifts I bought for someone. I called Nordstrom customer service to try to straighten it out, and the lady was polite, no help at all, didn't have the slightest idea what to do, took a guess as to what I might do, and then when she was finished she asked, "Is there anything else I can do to help you?" or something like that. I know a lot of people hate Amazon, but Amazon and Zappos (which is owned by Amazon, isn't it?) have the BEST customer service, because if there's a problem THEY FIX IT. They're not just there to say blah blah blah and then not do anything. In fact, I would rather endure a little rudeness (not that they're rude) and then get a problem fixed than listen to niceness from people who are no help at all. Nordstrom has nice customer service people who are no help at all.

alixm1
12/11/18

I received a letter from Nordstrom saying they could no longer do business with me because of the "high volume" of returns I made. First thing - I keep a very large amount of items I order. Second thing - when ordering clothes, I order multiple colors and sizes (2 different sizes, not 5) because it is an ONLINE order and you cannot try things on. This is online shopping 101 and amazes me that Nordstrom doesn't acknowledge this. I NEVER return things that are clearly worn, damaged, 3 years from the order date, etc. like I see other customers doing. Any items I return are brand spanking new, completely undamaged, and ordered within the past 60 days MAX. Clearly, the "prestige" of Nordstrom customer service has gone significantly downhill in the past few years. I would suggest doing our online shopping elsewhere unless you want to be banned for ordering *gasp* TWO SIZES!

anno105
12/11/18

I will often pay more at Nordstrom to purchase something that is less expensive on another website. Why? Because of their superior CS. I've been shopping there for years and I've never been disappointed. I hate to shop in person and do all of my shopping online - so much more efficient. I can shop at Nordstrom without fear of receiving a product that I don't like - for any reason - as they not only ship both ways, but are also extremely reasonable about returns. I have never placed a call to them and not spoken to a CS PROFESSIONAL. Thank you Nordstrom for your quality merchandise and almost unheard of these days, excellent CS.

pamw149
12/5/18

I placed an order with Nordstorm. I was charged over $332 but got an immediate email that they had to cancel "part" because they were out of stock. OK no problem I would find it elsewhere. Oh No Nordstrom cancelled the order but did not give a refund. They charged $332 and then another $84 for the Part they didn't cancel but I already paid for. I am charged over $400 and have not received items or refund. Any reputable seller give you a refund or better yet not charge for an item they do not have. Their phone and chat answers vary from you were not charged (my bank thought I was) or 12-24 hours just to take authorization off or 3-5 days it "should be off" Several days and still no money back. This is fraud taking money for no service or product
Avoid Nordstroms they are not honest. Too many good sellers to waste your money with Nordstroms.

aaronl122
11/28/18

Honestly, the worst customer service in the world. If you want a return/refund on your order don't even think about it. I wanted to cancel my order since I forgot something so I wanted to reorder it. They told me that the order was "CANCELED," but in reality that is a lie and they know it. Honestly, don't even buy from this stupid place, a lot of better companies out there that will actually listen to their customers. Go to Dillards, Macy, Jcpenny, Saks Fifth, they basically offer all the same things. They need to fire their entire customer service team.

krisk101
11/24/18

Always great to deal with and product is wonderful! Refunds are a breeze. Shipping is fast and reliable.

sharont185
11/20/18

I placed an order with Nordstrom on 11/11/2018 and they take already 1 weeks for processing. I called the customer service, they said something went wrong, they have to cancel it and order again on 11/17/18. I have been waiting for a long time, the website still show as "processing". I am still waiting. It's even later than what to expect. Email customer service and they not seem try to help at all as they never replay my email. Overall very bad experience.

mariac463
11/16/18

Anne, Estee Lauder Cosmetics at Nordstrom, couldn't be nices, more professional and dedicated to giving great service.
We will come back because of her outstanding job.
Maria C.

stuffs1
11/10/18

So I ordered few items of Nordstrom's website, I hardly shop there, I remember shopping online at Nordstrom's rack years ago and every time I ordered an item especially on sale or clearance came so used/with hair on and soaked with perfume and I have severe allergies to perfumes and I had complained to them and I remember only thing rep offering was 2 days free delivery, so anyway, I never shopped at Nordstrom rack again because of their apparently relaxed return policy then they resell the same used/disgusting items.

Fast forward to now, I bought few items online at Nordstrom.com and it said package left at "the door" mind you, this is a building and I only bought few items and which accounted to little over $200 and omg, the hassle, I have to go through to get replacement or refund, these reps kept giving me the run around and one of them asked for my phone number and email, when clearly she had the info under my account so manager or supervisor can contact me, when I asked for one during the online chat but first she stated he/she would be able to better assist you and then asked for phone number and email and indicated the supervisor would be in touch but cant offer any refund or replacement, so what's the point of me speaking to the supervisor then??

Then I was told, "research delivery team" would get back to me, after they are done with an investigation. This rep first wouldnt give me turn around time, actually wouldnt give me any info, I have to keep asking her, then she said 12 hours, and stressed on the word "investigation" which sounded soo accusatory

It was the worst experience, I contacted them again on chat this morning of any update, and another rep named: Janet was just blatantly rude and emphasized how "you have contacted us numerous times, you got to wait 72 hours" and gave a case number how this team would work off that!!! OMG, such rude customer service. I had also spoken to their Twitter team and they were no help either!!

I needed the items especially for my trip and it was frustrating and I had to make an alternative purchases for the some of the items and these reps were beyond unhelpful/rude and unprofessional!!
So good luck getting your refund from this shady company that sends you used/old/disgusting items especially the ones that are on sales, etc!!

kellyk231
11/9/18

I have been regularly shopping at Nordstrom Rack and occasionally at Nordstrom for two years now. I have, within the last six months or so had a brick and mortar store move in half an hour away. Before this, there was no brick and mortar store close by. I shop online like many women do. I look for what I think will look good on me, which is not always easy to tell when they only use slim build, no curves women for their models and sometimes I think I can base it on experience. This does not always prove true however. Free People is one recent example of that. I normally wear a medium in them, so I purchase three tops in medium. They were so small a twelve year old is about the only size female that could conceivably wear them.
The point is, aproximately sixty percent of what I order doesn't work out...rarely, but sometimes I strike out...just as if I'd been able to find these items in the store (which I can't) and try them on in the dressing rooms. On a side note, I have checked the local store regularly. They cater to the small and medium sized customers and tend to carry more of the styles which don't appeal to me and majority of tops which are polyester...which I avoid because it doesn't breathe and I don't want to be part of the death of ocean life. So, after I spent over $400 this last ten months at Nordstrom's stores, I receive and email saying if I continue to shop as I have, they will shut down my account and refuse my returns and business.
I return everything that I bring back clearly unworn...some of which there's no way I could wear and with tags attatched. I guess my $400 is worthless to this snooty company. I called and explained that due to the lack of availability of product which appeals to me, in store, and lack of realistic display by models for those of us with bigger busts and some curves, this is how I will shop thier store. They just repeated what was stated in the email. I told them if that's the case I will take my business elsewhere. I may not spend thousands like some people do in one store, but $400 is a good chunk of my clothing budget that I'm certain another store would be happy to have. I also informed them I will be leaving reviews about my negative experience with this everywhere.
I am inconvenienced when I have to drive half an hour each way to make returns or for that matter go looking for tops that will work for me again because some didn't. Shopping when you don't look like a straight board with no shoulders, like all their clothing models, is already sometimes frustrating enough without dealing with such a rude company. Save your heard earned cash for someone who cares about providing better customer service.

johno339
11/3/18

My annoyance with Nordstrom is modest in the scheme of things and pales in comparison to those who have had their own good and bad experiences there, but i wont do business with an entity that makes a commitment and then does not honor it.

A few years ago, i got a Nordstrom cc when i made some purchases. One of the benefits of the card was that i could receive Nordstrom credit for any alterations i had done there (up to $100), regardless of where i purchased the product. I had an alteration made not long after that and received the credit. Fast forward to today when i went in for an alteration. The tailor asked me if i had bought the products there, to which i answered no. Apparently the cost is greater for non-Nordstrom products, which makes sense. I then said i wanted to pay on my card to receive the credit and was told that they now required you to purchase the product at Nordstrom to receive the credit.

To me, a stand up company would grandfather their commitments and at least allow those who hadn't used the original allotment to still receive the benefit. SO now i have one less place to look for clothes for me and presents for others. No big deal for them, because as you can easily glean, i look for deals, so i am sure i am not in their primary demographics. And maybe not that bad of a deal for me, as it is one less place for me to shop.

liamg26
10/26/18

Most of the clothes just scrambled up everywhere, no price. Ladies working there doesn't know where the price is or how much it cost. Anyway, it's like a traffic that really sucks.

erinm264
10/3/18

Wow! I like this shop very much. Their dresses are amazing! Love love love!!! My size is S. Thanks God dresses are true to size

tl100
10/2/18

SF loves claiming it's all for diversity and inclusion, but it's just the opposite. As Cons A's review says, Nordstrom is very discriminatory against loyal shoppers who are not fluent in English, or who are non-white. Asians get the worst service anywhere - not just Nordstrom. But Nordstrom is one of the snootiest stores out there, so of course the discrimination against Asians is magnified a thousand times there.

Nordstrom is an extremely conservative, dated, and backwards department store. Their merchandise is very bland and matronly. I guess they mostly appeal to an older crowd, so sizes often run large. Products continue to disappoint me - poor quality, bad fit, looks weird - but at a premium price. Terrible value.

I've had too many horrendous experiences at Nordstrom stores - I will never purchase from the stores. I'm constantly ignored, even if I'm wearing nice, upscale clothes FROM NORDSTROM or similar stores. Meanwhile, poorly-dressed white people who are "just browsing" are given the royal treatment - assumed to be shoppers, and spoken to in the most reverent manner.

Once I browsed forever in the shoe department, definitely looking to buy. As usual, after 30 minutes, with tons of employees there, I wasn't greeted or helped ONCE. Meanwhile, prettier and less Asian-looking customers were helped immediately, even if they dressed poorly and were truly "just browsing." Finally, I approached a young employee for help. She assumed I didn't have a Nordstrom Card, though I've had one for years and have been a loyal shopper for years. She was shockingly condescending and assumed I knew nothing about the shoes - though I was much more knowledgeable than she was. Meanwhile, I saw other associates happily helping white customers with the shoes, and politely asking if they wanted to open a Nordstrom card.

I've returned things a couple of times at their "service bar" - brand new, unworn, all tags attached, bought just recently, with a receipt. And I'm always very polite and appreciative. Still, every time, the employees look like the LAST THING they want to do is interact with me - they treated me like I was subhuman. Meanwhile, they're super nice and attentive to white customers returning stuff - just getting to interact with white customers seems joyful to the employees.

I've brought up all this discriminatory and unacceptable service to management - and they failed to do anything about it. I was just given the run-around. They clearly do not want me as a customer.

Customer service over the phone, email, and live chat tend to be pretty bad, too - though nowhere as bad as in stores. In stores, you'll get the most horrific treatment if you're seen as Asian, fobby, ugly, and subhuman.

Boycott Nordstrom. Just do it.

Tip for consumers: Extremely discriminatory service in stores. Dumb, poorly-paid, unknowledgeable employees treat white customers like gods, even if they're poorly dressed and have no intention to buy. Meanwhile, loyal, longtime shoppers who are Asian and less attractive are ignored, treated condescendingly, assumed to not want to buy even if they're THERE TO BUY, and assumed to know nothing about fashion, even if they know much more than the employees. BOYCOTT!

lisak164
8/27/18

I live about 50 miles from the nearest Nordstroms so I love to shop online and Nordstroms makes it so easy with free shipping and free returns. Plus I can find styles and sizes that may not be in the physical store. I've never had a problem and if by chance, I'll be near the store I can opt to make my returns in person. The website is easy to navigate and their search platform works very well. It all makes for a great shopping experience.

48 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

From what I have seen, orders come within the week and are always nicely packaged with tissue paper.

By Denise p.

I have bought a fair number of designer handbags and sunglasses from Nordstrom. In all cases (depending on designer) the handbags were marked inside by the designer, where the item was made, usually a serial number and often a certificate of authenticity. This is especially true of the couture items i.e. Prada, Yves St.Laurent, etc. I have never questioned an items authenticity that I purchased from Nordstroms. They are way too big to risk their rep on fakes.

By Denise p.

Maybe it depend on your shipping method if there is no unexpected happens

By Brittany A.

Questions? Get answers from the Nordstrom staff and other customers.

5 Photos for Nordstrom