Review of Macy's

privacy.master@macys.com
2017 Customer choice award

richardh599
6/14/18

I placed an order for web I'd 5595770, the order was never acknowledge back to us. I called and spoke with supervisor. She said she made a mistake on their ad and would not honor price

carlw135
6/7/18

Recently tried to purchase shoes/sandals from Macy's. Very limited selection compared to the ladies offerings.

sharonc325
6/7/18

I just received a black jeans jacket I ordered from Macy's.com. The picture was so cute, black jacket, SILVER buttons, one of the main reasons I ordered it. When it arrived it had black buttons, no silver. I was so disappointed!

ninar46
6/5/18

If I could give less stars, I would. Macy's sent my bills to the wrong address and then only called after 2 late payments were implemented. I ended up paying nearly twice the amount that I actually paid at the store and they refused to waive any late fees. The customer service agent was rude and their service and quality seems to be drastically declining as the years progress. I have been a member of Macy's for years but closed my account and will not shop there again after this.

savvys4
6/4/18

Ok, everyone. There was a new CEO recently who decidedno more coupons. Very few, at any rate.

Hopefully he leaves without mega-millions.
New Yorkers expect sales. Cos we know your mark-ups, silly CEO!

And shame on Macys for poor quality. Its been dropping for 15 years. Are you competing with Sears, Pennys, Kmart, Walmart?!

Because I generally take my business elsewhere.

nw39
5/22/18

Sent me 2 Right sided shoes (instead of 1 right, 1 left) needed them by a specific date, they promised me express shipping. 5 days later still no shoes, and too late. I wish i purchased them elsewhere! Never again

jji
4/28/18

Horrible people....the worst customer service...I totally dislike MACY #Macy
I would give them a zero if I could....

sues171
4/27/18

Love it very much! Macy's is the top choice for all things about buying cheap fashion things! Good value with lower price!

carmenm65
4/22/18

I have been buying from Macys.com for about 5 years and I love it.
The pros:
Great deals, even better than in stores.
Great photos and product descriptions which makes shopping way easier than in their stores where things are usually messy, out of place and definitely not organized by sizes.
Great variety of brands.
Oh, the goodies... I buy my beauty products here because they always send lots of free goodies, samples and discounts, plus you get to see things they don´t have in stores. And for me one of the most important things, you can avoid the annoying beauty section workers who tend to be too pushy and even judgmental.
Stocks are reliable. I've never had a bad experience by shopping for something that was not in stock. If they say it is available, it really is.
Returns are soooo easy! You can just take your unwanted item to any Macy's store. Had to do this just once and it was very easy. No questions and no hassle.
Packing. They pack everything like they were sending porcelain flowers! Love it. Very carefully packed and with enough material to make it safe for your goodies yet not making it look like a waste of paper and plastic.

Cons?
Well, I think I should put their shipping options as a con. But just because there are not too many. And if you are in a hurry I don't know if I would recommend shopping online anyway as anything could happen.
I always choose free shipping as I don´t mind waiting a few days for my items to arrive. Quality and prices are definitely worth it.

I don't think I have any other cons.

margoo
4/21/18

I had to call the customer service line 3 times before someone could help me with a credit card issue.
Instead of the customer service to help, I got hung up on 3 times because no one wanted to deal with it..
Horrible customer service.

kendrag15
4/16/18

Love Macy's !! Macy's is at the top of my list when I am looking for good value a decent prices. amazing deals always.

anitay4
4/13/18

I am sorry to say I use to love Macy's. Their choice of purchasing clothing are too cheap, thin, and poor choice of colors and style. Prices are too high for such cheap clothes and I go to use my coupon and it is never any good for what I choose. If I am a good customer and receive coupons I should be able to purchase anything in the store and not be limited. I can understand why Macy's will be closing..

mariam543
4/8/18

One of my favorite stores! They stand behind their merchandise! Prices are excellent too. Delivery is very fast. I never had a problem with this store.

justiny9
3/16/18

Macy's, a big retail company with poor processing!

Month 1

Bought a watch in Fort Lauderdale. I come from Toronto. Customer service representative comes up and says 'hey! you'd get 20% off if you apply for Macy's credit card.' I agreed, she asks for a form of identification and I proceeded to pass her my driver's license.

Month 2

Received the billing statement in Toronto. I tried to log in but to no avail. I called them explaining the situation. Apparently they require your social security number when and if you apply for their Macy's credit card. But all the CSR needed was my DL which did not have my SSN on it so how did she create the account? I did get the 20% discount as well which is odd. So no matter, I asked the CSR on call for the SPECIFIC amount to write on the cheque, he relayed the info, I wrote the cheque and sent it to their PO in Louisville.

Month 3

Apparently it takes 3 weeks for my cheque to reach them and another week for their statement to arrive. So, this month's statement reflected a late fee and the remaining balance for the watch. No matter, I understand. I called them, asked for the SPECIFIC amount to write on the cheque this time with the additional late fee. Emphasized that the amount their CSR told me to write the previous month was wrong for confirmation. I wrote the cheque and sent it to their PO in Louisville.

Month 4

Received the billing statement. Apparently I'm hit with a 'Minimum Interest Charge' since I 'split' the bill. But hey, I just followed what your CSR told me to write. So now I call them, CSR waived the late balance fee. I ask for the THIRD time for the SPECIFIC amount to write on the cheque, this time his manager told me. Feeling assured, I write the cheque and sent it to their PO in Louisville. And yes, amount inclusive of the interest fee.

Month 5

Apparently my watch has been paid for after 5 months.. Macy's being an MNC in a $#*!ing RETAIL industry are unable to take my credit card info to charge me on the spot? Ok. So month 5's statement fee includes that 'Minimum Interest Charge' and I am furious now, I called them, CSR grants my request to waive the interest fee of $5.80. CSR tells me a confirmation letter will be sent the following month. Ok, I mean you can send an Email but sure. Now I wait for month 6.

Please note I did request to pay on the spot, got rejected twice and cajoled to pay online. Probably a push play to get customers to try their "e-commerce initiative."

Macy's if you do read this, screw you. You guys just bred a hater for life. As a business owner, invoicing clients and charging them is commonplace to me and done daily. But Macy's? A conglomerate? Plain incompetence.

denishiaw
3/15/18

Macy's a great store but i feel its a little over price for things there really high there sales are not great

brittanyb75
3/14/18

I was asked by Christina Rodgers and Chance Cooper to custom create a flower kit for Macy's upon receipt included custom cutting ribbon to a specific size and custom creating signage Macy's decided that they did not want the flower kit. I lost a lot of money in this transaction. Do not do business with Macy's thinking they are acting in good faith. They are not.

lisaa222
3/11/18

I have had super good experiences with Macy's. I primarily order online since I live rural and they have competitive prices especially on the sale items and a very easy "my account" set up. I had one annoying experience with some hand towels where they didn't notify me that they were on back order, but other than that 99% of my others orders were great. I think that the towel back order was the only time I had to contact customer service.

angelinem
3/7/18

Call to speak to someone about ordering a "Vac Pack"...price was not competitive and was the highest price on internet but I had 2 "Macy's Money Coupons" that had been mailed to me to use so that and a $12.+ credit on my account I thought I'd order it with Macy's and save substantial money. OMG! 15 minutes to wait on HOLD just to talk to someone in the Philippines about ordering it and he couldn't understanding & would't listen to what I was telling him...his supervisor....just as bad! Spent over hour trying to place the order, in the end got tired of the run around and poor customer service and went to another site and saved $21 + OVER Macy's "Deal of the Day" price...COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME! TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE EVERY TIME I GO TO MAKE A PURCHASE! It is currently over 1 week BEFORE Thanksgiving and ALREADY they are performing poorly! What the HECK!

lauran49
2/6/18

My Macys experiences are mostly great. Only problem I ever had was when a cashier forgot to remove an alarm (she did deactivate it so I got all the way home before I noticed). Service at the cosmetics counters is great though.

I have also used their chat service which is very easy to use with minimal wait time. If you don't want to hang on the phone, the reps at this service definitely have the know-how to help just as well.

jeanetteb20
1/19/18

I love shopping at Macy's. You cannot beat the quality and the plus size clothing is wonderful! I buy a little of everything from Macy's and have never had a problem.

peterg172
1/5/18

Prefer paying bills online. Logged into site and tried to pay our Macy's credit card bill. Couldn't find in our account where to pay. It kept prompting me to add our credit card, so I tried, but it said it already had it. Then I found a tiny Pay Bill link at the bottom of the page. Clicked it and it brought me back to the same page. Tried this a few times with variations. No luck. How stupid to not make it easy for your customers to pay their bills!

baileyu4
1/3/18

I got my package from Macy's just yesterday, and there was a stain on my blazer and my skirt was all stretched out. Maybe there was an error, but overall, the shipping was FANTASTIC and the way it fit was amazing!

Tip for consumers: HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

sandin4
1/2/18

I returned boots on 12/6. Today a refund posted (1/2/18). on 12/16 I recd an email stating my return was in process. on 12/29 I sent an email asking about the refund, today a portion of it posted. The amount I paid with a gift card is being refunded by gift card--by SNAIL MAIL! This was my first/only order with them, so I doubt I'll use the gift card. Wasted time and money

kristenp24
12/22/17

I have been ordering online from Macy's for years. They make it super easy to order, super easy to return and at certain times of the year have the most amazing sales. Never had an issue that could not be resolved. I have no problems ordering from this company.

lizr54
12/19/17

Their discounts on a year round basis plus their partnership with the plentiful card is amazing. To top.it off the stars reward in the holidays shows their class and.loyalty

I really can't answer about Macy's stuff, not a constant buyer from them, but their merchandise is considered bona fide for the most part, wouldn't you say so, especially for those prices, call Macy's and ask them personally

By Addie Y.

I can answer yes as I have purchased 2 MK bags and they are real; the best sale @ Macys for xmas is Super Saturday Sale weekend BEFORE xmas. Buy now (inventory will be very low by that weekend) and return receipt or actual merchandise if necessary and get markdown. I have found the associates are not trained well regarding even sale dates (sorry but nothing but customer service problems and poorly trained associates) so if necessary, refund the item, and have associate rering the item at sale price. Most sales @ Macys EXCLUDE additional discounts on MK and designer items so the friends & family 25% off (I purchased a MK coat at a great price) until Dec 10th is probably your best sale. If the item won't be used prior to xmas, just keep checking in on all new sales and return item and rering at better price. Be careful with online orders at Macy's, if something goes wrong and an online associate has to correct it good luck. You can speak to a supervisor at the Customer Service # and get help.

By Deborah E.

Questions? Get answers from the Macy's staff and other customers.

Macy's?