Review of Macy's

privacy.master@macys.com
2017 Customer choice award

benjaminr57
11/8/18

I recently ordered watches for my kids. I got my order quickly and the offer price was too good. Reliable!

marm28
11/1/18

I ordered from them online international Canada, it gave me confirmation and I thought everything was fine but after a 10 days I emailed them for shipping confirmation and they replied back telling me that it has been cancelled, they don't have it in stock and I should buy it thru another site. The inconvenience it costed me with my Visa card was horrible. I was charged already for something they never had. They don't communicate. Don't trust online shopping with them, not trust worthy. They always ship late and it takes them even a month. This is ridiculous and I won't be shopping with them again. DON'T TRUST THEM. This item was suppose to be bday gift and wanted it on time.

mod9
11/1/18

I guess Macy's stopped trying. They are down to about 1/8th of the brands they used to carry and the store looks sloppy and poorly arranged. It is starting to look like a TJ Maxx, only 10 x the price. I can't see Macy's lasting the next 5 years.

valj19
10/18/18

Have a great experience buying at Macy's. A great variety to choose from and great chances with discounts.

lisah631
10/11/18

I really like to shop her for my makeup. So much to choose from. The people are always so helpful. I have also ordered online and receive my items in a timely manner.

kateu6
10/11/18

I am a longtime customer and I've had lots of experiences with Macy's, both good and bad. Still, I continue to buy here and am not planning on changing that. It's a classic that you can't really go wrong with.

lanef
10/10/18

You have to shop for real at Macy's and you will get a great sale. Loyalty pays off with Macy's if you know their merchandise you can get a good deal even in gold. They will make adjustments, and they often have trending items on sale. I just hope they keep their doors open and stop downgrading their sales merchandise CEO Jeff Gennette!!
More high-end designers mixed with mid-level products is what is needed.

chandrah1
10/8/18
• Updated review

It's no wonder that Macy's stores are on the way out. I placed an order online for two pairs of shoes. Picked up my box and went to the car. Before I drove off I double checked to make sure that I got what I had ordered. One pair (9 West pumps) was perfect. However, the Jessica Simpson shoes were dirty and worn. Not just "tried on" but literally had been worn and worn multiple times. There are visible toe prints, areas of dirt and stains, areas where the suede was rubbed and faded. I wasn't just disgusted, but I was also angry because I ordered these shoes to wear to a wedding this weekend. I would love to re-order, but I can't take a chance of not getting 'new' shoes instead of used shoes for a department store. I can go to Goodwill across the street had I wanted to get a shoe like that. Macy's, you really should be ashamed of yourself for even having this used dirty shoe in stock in your warehouse. Seriously!

“Love shopping at Macys.com”
5/10/15
• Previous review

Always a great deal! Always get great coupons! Always get quick shipping (or coupons for shipping discounts). Can't go wrong shopping here! Love the customer service also!

renees133
10/3/18

Purchased a mattress at Macy's a month ago (Labor Day Sale). They told me I had 30 days to return it. To return this item, it will cost me nearly $1,000.00. Greedy commercialism! I was not told by the salesman before I made the purchase. When I spoke with the agent on the phone about the return, she said that they have it posted in the mattress department. I NEVER saw it posted anywhere, it must be hidden inconspicuously somewhere. BUYER BEWARE.

debrab251
9/29/18

I tried for five days to order from Macys.com

I finally called customer service who pulled up my order. They did not know, via the order, that I had a $12 discount due to a promotion, did not know that I was ordering via a registry, did not know there was a gift message included, etc. So, after five days of trying to order online and waiting over 10 minutes and three times of being transferred from one operator to another, I hung up and ordered my gift from another company. Such a shame. Macy's was always my favorite go-to place for anything I needed. No more!

tl100
9/26/18

I've had very mixed experiences at Macy's, both in stores and online. It's an SF standby - an old, classic, less pretentious, mid-level department store. In SF, it's considered a bit old-fashioned, and maybe a little uncool - definitely from the era before the hipster invasion and over-gentrification.

Macy's in SF is a lot of immigrants and shoppers who are motivated by sales and coupons. It can be a little "dangerous" shopping here because clothes/accessories veer on the more dated and matronly - though you can find very on-trend things here as well.

Macy's is an SF establishment - there's a major tree lighting every year, where the area is filled to the brim with boring young people, and lots of events throughout the year, like the Flower Show, Pride, the SFSPCA kitten windows, etc.

Their giant flagship store has a lot of stuff - a very substandard Starbucks with a great view of Union Square, and some trendy eateries that come and go. Their Impulse section seemed like a great idea, but I think they've really failed to build it up and make it anything. They've recently added a Last Act to a high/top level of the store - but I wonder if they'll close it soon due to lack of customers or profit.

Every winter, they have a lackluster Holiday Lane at a top level, with pretty bad, conservative-looking holiday knickknacks.

Supposedly, you can get good deals at Macy's, but I wonder if that's a thing of the past. It seems their products, both online and in store, are a little high-priced for what they are. And again, you run the risk of looking a little dowdy if you buy from Macy's - the selection just runs a little in that direction.

Service is dismal, like everywhere else in SF. Employees, as usual, are going to be super-nice and attentive to some customers, and rude/ignoring towards others - based on physical appearance and ethnicity. It really doesn't matter how you dress, how well-groomed you are, etc.

Customer service over the phone, for online orders, can be pretty lacking.

Macy's is a pretty dated place - definitely not part of the newer, techie Millenial hipster SF. Despite it all, I give it 3 stars because of its lack of pretension, its many established events in SF, and its very wide variety of offerings.

Tip for consumers: More expensive than it should be. Merchandise runs a little dated and matronly. A major SF establishment/standby. Terrible service in person, depending on your look and ethnicity.

khemg
9/18/18

I AM THE REGULAR CUSTOMER OF MACY'S I SPENT AROUND $5000-$7000 PER YEAR TO BUY CLOTHES FOR ME AND FAMILY BUT I DONOT LIKE THE CREDIT
CARD SERVICE OF MACY'S I PAY IN TIME BUT THEY SHOW PENDING IN MY
ACCOUNT, IT IS NOT YET CLEAR, THEY SEND ME THE EXTRA FEE FOR LATE
FEE , I TALKED WITH CUSTOMER SERVICE , SHE SAID IT IS OUR MISTAKES
SHE SAID IT TAKES ONE OR TWO TO FIX IT,THEY DID TWICE IN MY ACCOUNT SO I NEVER GO TO BUY MECY'S, THEY MESSED UP MY CREDIT SCORES

anab130
9/15/18

Tried and true go to site. Easy to deal with and have reasonable prices, quick shipping and good return policy

kathyg212
9/10/18

My one stop shop if you can think of it it's here at macys I love it you can even get a credit card with them they have makeup furniture home goods clothes shoes jewelry you will love it

ellenb127
9/9/18

It took over an hour to make a simple update to my Star Rewards. I had changed my phone number, and it seems because of this I could receive none of my rewards. The representative was very slow and seemed to be English deficient. Thelanguage barrier made it near impossible to correct this issue. It then took more than 55 minutes to be connected to a supervisor who then handled the problem.

krkci
8/29/18

KRKC & CO insiste nel creare ogni gioiello con i migliori materiali e artigianalità ,può mettere in risalto la sua personalità e il suo brillare, sia uscire ,ballare, fare festa con i suoi amici sia sfoggiare il tuo look!

kristens51
8/21/18

I can't say enough about Macy's.com. Firstly, all cosmetics orders always have free shipping!! Whether you order $10 or $100, it's always free shipping. I love that! They have great sales all the time, and they have lower end brands that they dont carry in the stores. I recently ordered some shoes and clothing. The shipping was quick. I am really impressed and now I know that k dont need to go downtown to pick up what I need. Thumbs up people!!

danab68
8/20/18

So I bought a beautiful designer purse...pay a lot for expedited shipping ,had to track my package only to find out that it still had not shipped...it was somewhere in their system ,meanwhile I get an email asking me how I like the purse...telling me it was delivered....so spent hours on the phone with people I could barely understand explaining that I never received it ....They acknowledged this and I asked them to just process a refund......Had to call again as no refund email was sent.....ended up calling the store and asking the manager to make sure a refund was processed.......BE VERY CAREFUL SHOPPING AT MACYS found the same item on Amazon for $40 less........

donnas102
8/15/18

Almost every order I've purchased online has been excellent and if not it's very easy to return/exchange in-store rather than pay for shipping. Any time there has been a problem with an order Macy's has made it right. A little expensive sometimes but always GREAT sales so if you wait you can usually get a really good deal!

mandys6
8/12/18

I purchased a luggage set on July 7th that I needed for a vacation. It was sent to the wrong address and the company required that it be returned and once received resent. The reps were rude and not helpful. It took 3 calls with elevations to a supervisor and their refusal to give me a corporate contact. I still do not have the luggage over a month later as the warehouse received the return but did not resent. I contacted them again today and the order was just cancelled. I would not recommend working with a company such as this that has poor customer support, lack of proper service, unable to admit their mistakes and very unorganized. Not worth the trouble. Shop elsewhere!

stephaniea134
7/22/18

I ordered several dresses and while I had issues with one, they promptly took care of the issue, and I was able to return it without any issues.

irinal9
7/15/18

It happened that I needed to return a dress within 2 days of the return window. This is where the confusion started. First of all, the typically available mailing label print icon was not visible online. I had to call the customer service to get it. This is when I found out that there was a 60 day return window for the dress I needed to return. The customer service, however, had no idea if the return date is marked when the package is sent back or received by Macy's. They suggested that I return at the store. However, the store is far from when I work and I would have to wait 6 days until the next weekend to do so. I am still going to send the package tomorrow morning and see if I get the refund or the package will be shipped back to me. Considering that I have a Platinum card with Macy's. I expected a stellar customer service. Apparently, that has not happened. BOTTOM LINE: Clueless Customer Service.

leahc67
7/4/18

This has got to be the worst shopping experience ever because I could not get to anything I clicked on. I had an offer in my mail and thought I would like to shop here but when I click on an item it was out of stock or would not let me view other items I wanted. Wow will not put myself through this again. Sorry Macy but this site is to stressful for my liking.

shermaineb1
6/27/18

Well why is Macy's going out of business is the question.. I love everything about the Men's Department.. Easy to find affordable prices.. I'm shopping at Macy's till the end.. On-line and in store..

sahidab
6/26/18

Macy's is a great place to buy brand name bags and shirts. The prices are reasonable and I usually order everything online but the customer service needs to be little bit more better.

I really can't answer about Macy's stuff, not a constant buyer from them, but their merchandise is considered bona fide for the most part, wouldn't you say so, especially for those prices, call Macy's and ask them personally

By Addie Y.

I can answer yes as I have purchased 2 MK bags and they are real; the best sale @ Macys for xmas is Super Saturday Sale weekend BEFORE xmas. Buy now (inventory will be very low by that weekend) and return receipt or actual merchandise if necessary and get markdown. I have found the associates are not trained well regarding even sale dates (sorry but nothing but customer service problems and poorly trained associates) so if necessary, refund the item, and have associate rering the item at sale price. Most sales @ Macys EXCLUDE additional discounts on MK and designer items so the friends & family 25% off (I purchased a MK coat at a great price) until Dec 10th is probably your best sale. If the item won't be used prior to xmas, just keep checking in on all new sales and return item and rering at better price. Be careful with online orders at Macy's, if something goes wrong and an online associate has to correct it good luck. You can speak to a supervisor at the Customer Service # and get help.

By Deborah E.

Questions? Get answers from the Macy's staff and other customers.

1 Photo for Macy's