Review of Macy's

privacy.master@macys.com
2017 Customer choice award

khemg
9/18/18

I AM THE REGULAR CUSTOMER OF MACY'S I SPENT AROUND $5000-$7000 PER YEAR TO BUY CLOTHES FOR ME AND FAMILY BUT I DONOT LIKE THE CREDIT
CARD SERVICE OF MACY'S I PAY IN TIME BUT THEY SHOW PENDING IN MY
ACCOUNT, IT IS NOT YET CLEAR, THEY SEND ME THE EXTRA FEE FOR LATE
FEE , I TALKED WITH CUSTOMER SERVICE , SHE SAID IT IS OUR MISTAKES
SHE SAID IT TAKES ONE OR TWO TO FIX IT,THEY DID TWICE IN MY ACCOUNT SO I NEVER GO TO BUY MECY'S, THEY MESSED UP MY CREDIT SCORES

anab130
9/15/18

Tried and true go to site. Easy to deal with and have reasonable prices, quick shipping and good return policy

kathyg212
9/10/18

My one stop shop if you can think of it it's here at macys I love it you can even get a credit card with them they have makeup furniture home goods clothes shoes jewelry you will love it

ellenb127
9/9/18

It took over an hour to make a simple update to my Star Rewards. I had changed my phone number, and it seems because of this I could receive none of my rewards. The representative was very slow and seemed to be English deficient. Thelanguage barrier made it near impossible to correct this issue. It then took more than 55 minutes to be connected to a supervisor who then handled the problem.

krkci
8/29/18

KRKC & CO insiste nel creare ogni gioiello con i migliori materiali e artigianalità ,può mettere in risalto la sua personalità e il suo brillare, sia uscire ,ballare, fare festa con i suoi amici sia sfoggiare il tuo look!

kristens51
8/21/18

I can't say enough about Macy's.com. Firstly, all cosmetics orders always have free shipping!! Whether you order $10 or $100, it's always free shipping. I love that! They have great sales all the time, and they have lower end brands that they dont carry in the stores. I recently ordered some shoes and clothing. The shipping was quick. I am really impressed and now I know that k dont need to go downtown to pick up what I need. Thumbs up people!!

danab68
8/20/18

So I bought a beautiful designer purse...pay a lot for expedited shipping ,had to track my package only to find out that it still had not shipped...it was somewhere in their system ,meanwhile I get an email asking me how I like the purse...telling me it was delivered....so spent hours on the phone with people I could barely understand explaining that I never received it ....They acknowledged this and I asked them to just process a refund......Had to call again as no refund email was sent.....ended up calling the store and asking the manager to make sure a refund was processed.......BE VERY CAREFUL SHOPPING AT MACYS found the same item on Amazon for $40 less........

donnas102
8/15/18

Almost every order I've purchased online has been excellent and if not it's very easy to return/exchange in-store rather than pay for shipping. Any time there has been a problem with an order Macy's has made it right. A little expensive sometimes but always GREAT sales so if you wait you can usually get a really good deal!

mandys6
8/12/18

I purchased a luggage set on July 7th that I needed for a vacation. It was sent to the wrong address and the company required that it be returned and once received resent. The reps were rude and not helpful. It took 3 calls with elevations to a supervisor and their refusal to give me a corporate contact. I still do not have the luggage over a month later as the warehouse received the return but did not resent. I contacted them again today and the order was just cancelled. I would not recommend working with a company such as this that has poor customer support, lack of proper service, unable to admit their mistakes and very unorganized. Not worth the trouble. Shop elsewhere!

stephaniea134
7/22/18

I ordered several dresses and while I had issues with one, they promptly took care of the issue, and I was able to return it without any issues.

irinal9
7/15/18

It happened that I needed to return a dress within 2 days of the return window. This is where the confusion started. First of all, the typically available mailing label print icon was not visible online. I had to call the customer service to get it. This is when I found out that there was a 60 day return window for the dress I needed to return. The customer service, however, had no idea if the return date is marked when the package is sent back or received by Macy's. They suggested that I return at the store. However, the store is far from when I work and I would have to wait 6 days until the next weekend to do so. I am still going to send the package tomorrow morning and see if I get the refund or the package will be shipped back to me. Considering that I have a Platinum card with Macy's. I expected a stellar customer service. Apparently, that has not happened. BOTTOM LINE: Clueless Customer Service.

leahc67
7/4/18

This has got to be the worst shopping experience ever because I could not get to anything I clicked on. I had an offer in my mail and thought I would like to shop here but when I click on an item it was out of stock or would not let me view other items I wanted. Wow will not put myself through this again. Sorry Macy but this site is to stressful for my liking.

shermaineb1
6/27/18

Well why is Macy's going out of business is the question.. I love everything about the Men's Department.. Easy to find affordable prices.. I'm shopping at Macy's till the end.. On-line and in store..

sahidab
6/26/18

Macy's is a great place to buy brand name bags and shirts. The prices are reasonable and I usually order everything online but the customer service needs to be little bit more better.

richardh599
6/14/18

I placed an order for web I'd 5595770, the order was never acknowledge back to us. I called and spoke with supervisor. She said she made a mistake on their ad and would not honor price

carlw135
6/7/18

Recently tried to purchase shoes/sandals from Macy's. Very limited selection compared to the ladies offerings.

sharonc325
6/7/18

I just received a black jeans jacket I ordered from Macy's.com. The picture was so cute, black jacket, SILVER buttons, one of the main reasons I ordered it. When it arrived it had black buttons, no silver. I was so disappointed!

ninar46
6/5/18

If I could give less stars, I would. Macy's sent my bills to the wrong address and then only called after 2 late payments were implemented. I ended up paying nearly twice the amount that I actually paid at the store and they refused to waive any late fees. The customer service agent was rude and their service and quality seems to be drastically declining as the years progress. I have been a member of Macy's for years but closed my account and will not shop there again after this.

savvys4
6/4/18

Ok, everyone. There was a new CEO recently who decidedno more coupons. Very few, at any rate.

Hopefully he leaves without mega-millions.
New Yorkers expect sales. Cos we know your mark-ups, silly CEO!

And shame on Macys for poor quality. Its been dropping for 15 years. Are you competing with Sears, Pennys, Kmart, Walmart?!

Because I generally take my business elsewhere.

nw39
5/22/18

Sent me 2 Right sided shoes (instead of 1 right, 1 left) needed them by a specific date, they promised me express shipping. 5 days later still no shoes, and too late. I wish i purchased them elsewhere! Never again

jji
4/28/18

Horrible people....the worst customer service...I totally dislike MACY #Macy
I would give them a zero if I could....

sues171
4/27/18

Love it very much! Macy's is the top choice for all things about buying cheap fashion things! Good value with lower price!

carmenm65
4/22/18

I have been buying from Macys.com for about 5 years and I love it.
The pros:
Great deals, even better than in stores.
Great photos and product descriptions which makes shopping way easier than in their stores where things are usually messy, out of place and definitely not organized by sizes.
Great variety of brands.
Oh, the goodies... I buy my beauty products here because they always send lots of free goodies, samples and discounts, plus you get to see things they don´t have in stores. And for me one of the most important things, you can avoid the annoying beauty section workers who tend to be too pushy and even judgmental.
Stocks are reliable. I've never had a bad experience by shopping for something that was not in stock. If they say it is available, it really is.
Returns are soooo easy! You can just take your unwanted item to any Macy's store. Had to do this just once and it was very easy. No questions and no hassle.
Packing. They pack everything like they were sending porcelain flowers! Love it. Very carefully packed and with enough material to make it safe for your goodies yet not making it look like a waste of paper and plastic.

Cons?
Well, I think I should put their shipping options as a con. But just because there are not too many. And if you are in a hurry I don't know if I would recommend shopping online anyway as anything could happen.
I always choose free shipping as I don´t mind waiting a few days for my items to arrive. Quality and prices are definitely worth it.

I don't think I have any other cons.

margoo
4/21/18

I had to call the customer service line 3 times before someone could help me with a credit card issue.
Instead of the customer service to help, I got hung up on 3 times because no one wanted to deal with it..
Horrible customer service.

kendrag15
4/16/18

Love Macy's !! Macy's is at the top of my list when I am looking for good value a decent prices. amazing deals always.

I really can't answer about Macy's stuff, not a constant buyer from them, but their merchandise is considered bona fide for the most part, wouldn't you say so, especially for those prices, call Macy's and ask them personally

By Addie Y.

I can answer yes as I have purchased 2 MK bags and they are real; the best sale @ Macys for xmas is Super Saturday Sale weekend BEFORE xmas. Buy now (inventory will be very low by that weekend) and return receipt or actual merchandise if necessary and get markdown. I have found the associates are not trained well regarding even sale dates (sorry but nothing but customer service problems and poorly trained associates) so if necessary, refund the item, and have associate rering the item at sale price. Most sales @ Macys EXCLUDE additional discounts on MK and designer items so the friends & family 25% off (I purchased a MK coat at a great price) until Dec 10th is probably your best sale. If the item won't be used prior to xmas, just keep checking in on all new sales and return item and rering at better price. Be careful with online orders at Macy's, if something goes wrong and an online associate has to correct it good luck. You can speak to a supervisor at the Customer Service # and get help.

By Deborah E.

Questions? Get answers from the Macy's staff and other customers.

Macy's?