Review of Macy's

macysdns@macys.com
2017 Customer choice award

zeidaj
12/9/17

Not hard to understand why Macys are crying and have closed most of their store. Online is soon to follow. They have outsourced they online customer service line. If that werent bad enough( since Macys was iconically a US store). Their foreign customer representatjve operators are rude, do not understand issues, keep you on the line for over 30 minutes, then disconnect you if they can not be of help. No Supervisors available ever! Its almost an insulting experience and not worth anyones loyalty. Let them SINK, they care little about the American Consumer. I called them 6 Times, just to be disconnected each time . Wrote Corporate wherever they area and nothing!!! There products are not worth this BS

ingeborgs2
12/8/17

I really dont know why the people made a bad review about Macys.com
Since I move for another state and I do not have macys store close to me ., I do all my shopping in Macys.com
I love it ! Always I have a great experience ., every item that I bougth I come on time and always before that the day is suppose.And at anytime that I have had some little problem ., they give to me a great solution. Also every time that I need call them OMG
all representative help me and give better option and less money that I order for internet for my selft THNK YOU MACYS

thomasp114
12/5/17

I ordered expensive earrings on Black Friday from Macys on line. They didn't send me an email acknowledging the purchase, but when I called about non-receipt I got the order number. Their website continued to say preparing for shipping long after the shipping date. They didn't have the item I ordered and didn't bother to tell me. I had to wait making four calls to find out that they didn't have it and wouldn't send it.

The helpful lady on the 4th call (after a long wait) said they would refund my money and asked if I wanted to complain to her supervisor. I said yes but waiting on the phone ringing for five minutes before they cut me off without answering.

Addendum: After checking and telling me they didn't have it and would credit my account they sent me an email saying it had shipped Dec 5. We'll see.

Addendum 2: They sent me an email Dec 6 said it was nearby (shipped to Virginia from California and would be sent that day. But two hours later they sent me an email saying they had refunded my money and didn't have it. I called and they said it was returned to the store. But it arrived the same day, even though they refunded my payment. The foreign people in customer service don't have accurate information, though they are friendly (after a long wait to talk with them). I'll wait for them to bill me rather than creating more snafus.

georgettek1
12/4/17

I like Macy's.com! I get super deals on their website. Plus as a Macy's card holder I get sent coupons and ge double savings. I probably use them the most. Free shipping at over $50.00 and Returns are pretty easy. Sometimes packages take too long to get to me, but that is just sometimes. Most of the time packing is well done and On occasion it has been poor. When I have needed customer service it has been excellent.

yuvalc
12/4/17

The stores are huge with so many departments and so many items. It is too much and you get confused what to buy. It is also tiring as it is so big. Yes, it is well organized and clean and nice, but it is just too big

lillianv5
11/27/17

Ordered bedding set in October and periodically checked to see tracking status to no avail. Thanksgiving day, I called customer service. The call center rep in Philippines had system trouble due to high volume of calls... after 20 minutes he discovers the merchandise was never sent to UPS. He promptly refunded my money and politely said he did not know what happened - and, Happy Thanksgiving. No apologies. Will never shop Macys.com again. The competition gets customer service.

juanc117
11/26/17

Ir físicamente a una de estas tiendas es gastar mucho porque los precios son muy altos y rara vez puedes ir a New York a realizar tus compras pero comprar por la red es más barato y te llegan en el tiempo que lo deseas. Me parece un excelente sitio para realizar compras para toda la familia.

sharij1
11/26/17

Macy's customer service is terrible. Call online and it's some ESL person in the Philippines who isn't fluent in English and it's always aggravating to try to get them to understand the issue. Or call the store, and be subjected to voicemail only, no way to contact a dept. like bedding, which isn't listed in the voicemail. Used to be able to press zero and security would answer and transfer the call, but no more.

And the prices are sometimes overpricedafter all their discounts, you could buy it at the same price at Amazon, so check around before buying.

The nice things are the generous return period and the sale prices when they are discounted from a true retail price, not an inflated price.

marym244
11/13/17

Call to speak to someone about ordering a "Vac Pack"...price was not competitive and was the highest price on internet but I had 2 "Macy's Money Coupons" that had been mailed to me to use so that and a $12.+ credit on my account I thought I'd order it with Macy's and save substantial money. OMG! 15 minutes to wait on HOLD just to talk to someone in the Philippines about ordering it and he couldn't understanding & would't listen to what I was telling him...his supervisor....just as bad! Spent over hour trying to place the order, in the end got tired of the run around and poor customer service and went to another site and saved $21 + OVER Macy's "Deal of the Day" price...COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME! TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE EVERY TIME I GO TO MAKE A PURCHASE! It is currently over 1 week BEFORE Thanksgiving and ALREADY they are performing poorly! What the HECK!

sk654
11/8/17

Macys sends clothing and expensive handbags in the u.ss. mail in a bag........they arrive rumpled and with handbags; downright poor condition

nissimw
11/1/17

Purchased a necklace for my wifes birthday Same day delivery, the shipping company
Emailed me youll get it by 5:00 pm , never came in I called Macys customer service
Supervisor hardly speak English telling me the order was canceled!!!!!!!! 9:00 pm my wifes birthday I was shocked no email no text nothing on top of it the supervisor ran
Out off answers so he just hang up the phone .STAY AWAY GO TO AMAZON PRIME IF YOU WANT TO GET IT FOR A SPECIAL EVENT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

danicac3
10/28/17

I tried buying some makeup from Macy's and asked the online chat, and they told me that the items are available when they are not. I have to be the one chasing things up to them and not them notifying that one of the items are not available. They also promised that there will be a discount when there is not. The returns policy is more than a nightmare to deal with and also the staff were not helpful and told different things each time and did not reply in the end. Very poor service and WOULD NOT RECOMMEND TO BUY FROM THIS STORE AT ALL.

Tip for consumers: DON'T EVEN BOTHER BUYING FROM THERE. MORE EXPENSIVE AND VERY BAD SERVICE.

poppieg
10/23/17

There clothes never seem to fit me. The returns policy is a nightmare and I do not like there staff. Poor service!

barbarag119
10/21/17

I've had very good experiences ordering from Macy's. With online discounts, the prices can be quite good, and I really like some of their in-house labels, especially for basics like t-shirts to pair with skirts. Returns are easy and refunds processed quickly.

rault9
10/19/17

I got an evening dress as a gift for my girlfriend from this store. The clothes here are kinda costly but really well-made with all the return guarantees and the exact sizing listed. Way to go!

hapl
10/16/17

I GO TO MACYS ON A REGULAR BASIS. TODAY IT WAS DEAD SO I REALLY HOPE THEY NEVER GO OUT TO BUSINESS. THE HOURS ARE GREAT TOO

michellel236
10/13/17

I love Macy's- whether I order something online or actually go to the mall, I am extremely happy with whatever I purchase! I love when they have sales also! But if your looking for something really nice to wear- Macy's is the place to go

jeannes23
10/13/17

I am a long time Macy's customer. We sent in a bill late for an online order - at most it had to be two days late - because we had to evacuate for Hurricane Irma. Macy's received the payment and then promptly sent us a $2 late fee. Granted, two dollars isn't much and we were late - but there was no consideration given to the fact that I have shopped there for over 30 years with never a late payment, and to our geographical location. Many, many other companies have gone out of their way to send emails to offer help and services to people living in the areas affected by the hurricane, but apparently Macy's wasn't one of them. They insisted on taking $2 instead. It's not the amount, which is trivial - it's the principle of the thing. I sent in some comments to their customer service and provided my phone number to discuss it in person, and have heard nothing from them, which also speaks volumes of their willingness to care for their customers. I think I will be doing a lot more online shopping - at stores other than Macy's.

adamm162
10/8/17

I`m their returning client for a year now, and always I got exactly what I ordered, fits really as it should or as I expected the clothes to fit. The delivery is pretty fast and accurate, the return was a bit fussy, but anyway I returned the item only once, so thats okay.

rabiyal
10/4/17

I am not shocked at the fact macy's are closing, they are one of the most deceiving companies I have dealt with. I made over $500 purchase, half of which was fragrances, it says on the site there's a free gift with purchase, if I spent $85 or more, lucky for me the supplies ran out, so when I called they said we can offer you 20% off your purchase, I said ok, puts me on hold and hangs up on me. when buying things, macy's store is a different entity than macys.com, but when I have to return I can go to store and return. WTF?!?! type of business is that. I also selected free 3-5 day shipping, NOT 5-7 DAYS because there's an extra discount if I pick that option, but no the stupid operator is arguing I didn't pick that. $#*! I didn't get any discount. $#*!in hate the service....I would give no stars if I could. I hate coming to them, and now more than ever I am going to avoid them. they just lost a customer who spends more than $5000 + a year. hell with it, I'll take my money where I get good customer service and they appreciate my business.

Oh I forgot....when I called the store to see if they have the same promotion as macys.com they rudely said no and hung up.

Tip for consumers: go in store shop and get what you want or need. don't trust the online, they have sent me used make up and eye lash curler, and damaged pre worn junk they can't sell in stores....

jeannettej5
9/27/17

Just a quick note to thank Maria Caputo in the Gardens Macys in Palm Beach Gardens Mall for her help in selecting a sports jacket for our son . We bought two jackets instead of one because of her help. She is an asset to your store and I hope she gets the recognition she deserves. Thanks Michael and Jannotta Family

irinal8
9/18/17

I have been Macy's customer for decades. Within the last couple of years, however, I tend to do my shopping and returns primarily online. I find the customer service at the stores inadequate; many checkout registers are empty and there are long lines and waits if you are lucky to find one with a salesperson. I feel that the sales personnel generally is not adequately familiar with the products they sell and most of the time cannot provide sufficient help if I am looking for something specific. There is a significant shortage of the personnel on the sales floor. One of the biggest issues I see is in a disconnect beetween their in-store and online operations. If you buy an item at the store, the only way to return is is to physically go back to the store. The prices adjustments for the items bought at the store cannot be done over the phone. The online and at the store prices could be different. They will acknowledge a lower online price at the store if one shows them a page from the online site. The items purchased at the store and online are marked differently and the return process is also different for items purchased online or at the store. I wish that Macy's online at at the store shopping and return polices were synchronized.

loriet4
8/26/17

Seriously I don't know how they stay in business with the terrific sales they have. I buy almost all my jeans from Macy's because I can be assured they will fit and they come quickly and are wrapped nicely and come on hangers. Macy's has never stopped being a classy store like many have. I love their advertisements and the coupons they send and I have absolutely nothing bad to say about them. They made a mistake, corrected it and gave me an extra $50 credit. I remember shopping there as a child and at 56 I still do. They are fabulous!!! There is nothing you cannot buy from Macy's!!!

silvioe
8/22/17

I buy things from Macys online all the time, and it's so convenient because I can always return things to the physical store. Their selection of button down shirts is also really good.

amandas251
8/19/17

Macy's has awesome customer service. I bought a desk through Macy's online site. I got the desk and it was damaged. I called Macy's and the customer service representative was awesome. She refunded my Macy's credit card. and sent me two emails. One to tell me the price of the desk was refunded to the card. And another email to tell me that I could discard the damaged desk and there was no reason to return it. Now I can re-order the desk when I get off work today. The damage to the desk was not macy's fault, it happened during the shipping process. The whole Macy's return process and re-ordering process is professional, convenient and pleasant.

I really can't answer about Macy's stuff, not a constant buyer from them, but their merchandise is considered bona fide for the most part, wouldn't you say so, especially for those prices, call Macy's and ask them personally

By Addie Y.

I can answer yes as I have purchased 2 MK bags and they are real; the best sale @ Macys for xmas is Super Saturday Sale weekend BEFORE xmas. Buy now (inventory will be very low by that weekend) and return receipt or actual merchandise if necessary and get markdown. I have found the associates are not trained well regarding even sale dates (sorry but nothing but customer service problems and poorly trained associates) so if necessary, refund the item, and have associate rering the item at sale price. Most sales @ Macys EXCLUDE additional discounts on MK and designer items so the friends & family 25% off (I purchased a MK coat at a great price) until Dec 10th is probably your best sale. If the item won't be used prior to xmas, just keep checking in on all new sales and return item and rering at better price. Be careful with online orders at Macy's, if something goes wrong and an online associate has to correct it good luck. You can speak to a supervisor at the Customer Service # and get help.

By Deborah E.
Questions? Get answers from the Macy's staff and other customers.

Macy's?