Review of Macy's

macysdns@macys.com
2017 Customer choice award

lauran49
2/6/18

My Macys experiences are mostly great. Only problem I ever had was when a cashier forgot to remove an alarm (she did deactivate it so I got all the way home before I noticed). Service at the cosmetics counters is great though.

I have also used their chat service which is very easy to use with minimal wait time. If you don't want to hang on the phone, the reps at this service definitely have the know-how to help just as well.

jeanetteb20
1/19/18

I love shopping at Macy's. You cannot beat the quality and the plus size clothing is wonderful! I buy a little of everything from Macy's and have never had a problem.

peterg172
1/5/18

Prefer paying bills online. Logged into site and tried to pay our Macy's credit card bill. Couldn't find in our account where to pay. It kept prompting me to add our credit card, so I tried, but it said it already had it. Then I found a tiny Pay Bill link at the bottom of the page. Clicked it and it brought me back to the same page. Tried this a few times with variations. No luck. How stupid to not make it easy for your customers to pay their bills!

baileyu4
1/3/18

I got my package from Macy's just yesterday, and there was a stain on my blazer and my skirt was all stretched out. Maybe there was an error, but overall, the shipping was FANTASTIC and the way it fit was amazing!

Tip for consumers: HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

sandin4
1/2/18

I returned boots on 12/6. Today a refund posted (1/2/18). on 12/16 I recd an email stating my return was in process. on 12/29 I sent an email asking about the refund, today a portion of it posted. The amount I paid with a gift card is being refunded by gift card--by SNAIL MAIL! This was my first/only order with them, so I doubt I'll use the gift card. Wasted time and money

kristenp24
12/22/17

I have been ordering online from Macy's for years. They make it super easy to order, super easy to return and at certain times of the year have the most amazing sales. Never had an issue that could not be resolved. I have no problems ordering from this company.

lizr54
12/19/17

Their discounts on a year round basis plus their partnership with the plentiful card is amazing. To top.it off the stars reward in the holidays shows their class and.loyalty

ivang29
12/17/17

Love the prices great company. Customer support is phenomenal. Wish they opened earlier today too. The styles are new with great graphics

pattis45
12/16/17

they randomly cancelled two of my orders. Then repeatedly called. and told me I needed to call a second number. which I did. and they still didn't ship it. When it works, I love it. But two out of three screwed up orders is disheartening. I like to shop gifts here because my NY relatives can make returns easily. We'll see if my nieces and nephews get their Christmas gifts. That'll be the deal breaker. Oh, and they still charged me for one of the orders. So I had to figure out how to dispute that. Waiting to see how big of a hassle that refund will be!

mss30
12/16/17

I bought a silk blouse online. It never made it to my house though the tracking showed it was delivered. Macy's replaced it right away. They replaced the item and apologized. Great customer service.

alicer51
12/14/17

The store is very elegant and nice. The stuff is always smiling... the downside is that all the merchandise is very expensive.. even on black friday

zeidaj
12/9/17

Not hard to understand why Macys are crying and have closed most of their store. Online is soon to follow. They have outsourced they online customer service line. If that werent bad enough( since Macys was iconically a US store). Their foreign customer representatjve operators are rude, do not understand issues, keep you on the line for over 30 minutes, then disconnect you if they can not be of help. No Supervisors available ever! Its almost an insulting experience and not worth anyones loyalty. Let them SINK, they care little about the American Consumer. I called them 6 Times, just to be disconnected each time . Wrote Corporate wherever they area and nothing!!! There products are not worth this BS

ingeborgs2
12/8/17

I really dont know why the people made a bad review about Macys.com
Since I move for another state and I do not have macys store close to me ., I do all my shopping in Macys.com
I love it ! Always I have a great experience ., every item that I bougth I come on time and always before that the day is suppose.And at anytime that I have had some little problem ., they give to me a great solution. Also every time that I need call them OMG
all representative help me and give better option and less money that I order for internet for my selft THNK YOU MACYS

thomasp114
12/5/17

I ordered expensive earrings on Black Friday from Macys on line. They didn't send me an email acknowledging the purchase, but when I called about non-receipt I got the order number. Their website continued to say preparing for shipping long after the shipping date. They didn't have the item I ordered and didn't bother to tell me. I had to wait making four calls to find out that they didn't have it and wouldn't send it.

The helpful lady on the 4th call (after a long wait) said they would refund my money and asked if I wanted to complain to her supervisor. I said yes but waiting on the phone ringing for five minutes before they cut me off without answering.

Addendum: After checking and telling me they didn't have it and would credit my account they sent me an email saying it had shipped Dec 5. We'll see.

Addendum 2: They sent me an email Dec 6 said it was nearby (shipped to Virginia from California and would be sent that day. But two hours later they sent me an email saying they had refunded my money and didn't have it. I called and they said it was returned to the store. But it arrived the same day, even though they refunded my payment. The foreign people in customer service don't have accurate information, though they are friendly (after a long wait to talk with them). I'll wait for them to bill me rather than creating more snafus.

georgettek1
12/4/17

I like Macy's.com! I get super deals on their website. Plus as a Macy's card holder I get sent coupons and ge double savings. I probably use them the most. Free shipping at over $50.00 and Returns are pretty easy. Sometimes packages take too long to get to me, but that is just sometimes. Most of the time packing is well done and On occasion it has been poor. When I have needed customer service it has been excellent.

yuvalc
12/4/17

The stores are huge with so many departments and so many items. It is too much and you get confused what to buy. It is also tiring as it is so big. Yes, it is well organized and clean and nice, but it is just too big

lillianv5
11/27/17

Ordered bedding set in October and periodically checked to see tracking status to no avail. Thanksgiving day, I called customer service. The call center rep in Philippines had system trouble due to high volume of calls... after 20 minutes he discovers the merchandise was never sent to UPS. He promptly refunded my money and politely said he did not know what happened - and, Happy Thanksgiving. No apologies. Will never shop Macys.com again. The competition gets customer service.

sharij1
11/26/17

Macy's customer service is terrible. Call online and it's some ESL person in the Philippines who isn't fluent in English and it's always aggravating to try to get them to understand the issue. Or call the store, and be subjected to voicemail only, no way to contact a dept. like bedding, which isn't listed in the voicemail. Used to be able to press zero and security would answer and transfer the call, but no more.

And the prices are sometimes overpricedafter all their discounts, you could buy it at the same price at Amazon, so check around before buying.

The nice things are the generous return period and the sale prices when they are discounted from a true retail price, not an inflated price.

marym244
11/13/17

Call to speak to someone about ordering a "Vac Pack"...price was not competitive and was the highest price on internet but I had 2 "Macy's Money Coupons" that had been mailed to me to use so that and a $12.+ credit on my account I thought I'd order it with Macy's and save substantial money. OMG! 15 minutes to wait on HOLD just to talk to someone in the Philippines about ordering it and he couldn't understanding & would't listen to what I was telling him...his supervisor....just as bad! Spent over hour trying to place the order, in the end got tired of the run around and poor customer service and went to another site and saved $21 + OVER Macy's "Deal of the Day" price...COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME! TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE EVERY TIME I GO TO MAKE A PURCHASE! It is currently over 1 week BEFORE Thanksgiving and ALREADY they are performing poorly! What the HECK!

sk654
11/8/17

Macys sends clothing and expensive handbags in the u.ss. mail in a bag........they arrive rumpled and with handbags; downright poor condition

nissimw
11/1/17

Purchased a necklace for my wifes birthday Same day delivery, the shipping company
Emailed me youll get it by 5:00 pm , never came in I called Macys customer service
Supervisor hardly speak English telling me the order was canceled!!!!!!!! 9:00 pm my wifes birthday I was shocked no email no text nothing on top of it the supervisor ran
Out off answers so he just hang up the phone .STAY AWAY GO TO AMAZON PRIME IF YOU WANT TO GET IT FOR A SPECIAL EVENT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

danicac3
10/28/17

I tried buying some makeup from Macy's and asked the online chat, and they told me that the items are available when they are not. I have to be the one chasing things up to them and not them notifying that one of the items are not available. They also promised that there will be a discount when there is not. The returns policy is more than a nightmare to deal with and also the staff were not helpful and told different things each time and did not reply in the end. Very poor service and WOULD NOT RECOMMEND TO BUY FROM THIS STORE AT ALL.

Tip for consumers: DON'T EVEN BOTHER BUYING FROM THERE. MORE EXPENSIVE AND VERY BAD SERVICE.

poppieg
10/23/17

There clothes never seem to fit me. The returns policy is a nightmare and I do not like there staff. Poor service!

barbarag119
10/21/17

I've had very good experiences ordering from Macy's. With online discounts, the prices can be quite good, and I really like some of their in-house labels, especially for basics like t-shirts to pair with skirts. Returns are easy and refunds processed quickly.

rault9
10/19/17

I got an evening dress as a gift for my girlfriend from this store. The clothes here are kinda costly but really well-made with all the return guarantees and the exact sizing listed. Way to go!

I really can't answer about Macy's stuff, not a constant buyer from them, but their merchandise is considered bona fide for the most part, wouldn't you say so, especially for those prices, call Macy's and ask them personally

By Addie Y. [Macy's Rep]

I can answer yes as I have purchased 2 MK bags and they are real; the best sale @ Macys for xmas is Super Saturday Sale weekend BEFORE xmas. Buy now (inventory will be very low by that weekend) and return receipt or actual merchandise if necessary and get markdown. I have found the associates are not trained well regarding even sale dates (sorry but nothing but customer service problems and poorly trained associates) so if necessary, refund the item, and have associate rering the item at sale price. Most sales @ Macys EXCLUDE additional discounts on MK and designer items so the friends & family 25% off (I purchased a MK coat at a great price) until Dec 10th is probably your best sale. If the item won't be used prior to xmas, just keep checking in on all new sales and return item and rering at better price. Be careful with online orders at Macy's, if something goes wrong and an online associate has to correct it good luck. You can speak to a supervisor at the Customer Service # and get help.

By Deborah E. [Macy's Rep]

Questions? Get answers from the Macy's staff and other customers.

Macy's?