Review of Nordstrom Rack

customercare@nordstromrack.com
2017 Customer choice award

jaimiem3
7/2/19

Ordered a dress online for my sister in law's wedding. They not only sent me a dress 6 sizes off from what I ordered but they sent it in petite instead of regular. The day I received the shipment I checked online and they were out of my size. When I called all they were willing to do was send me a free return label and say they'll waive the shipping fee on my next order with them. If I'd been able to get my size in the dress, it'd only be a slight annoyance. But now I have to pay for a totally different dress and a more expensive one. I feel like there should be at least SOME compensation for a complete error on their part when they've run out of the inventory that they wrongly shipped. Terrible way to deal with customers.

alexism165
6/26/19

I had bought a pair of slides from here and not even a week later they had fallen apart. I had only worn them twice and when I brought them back WITH THE RECIPT AND TAGS INCLUDED the manager denied it because "she had never seen a shoe break like this before". So if anybody has worn their shoes even once and they break well then your out luck because they will not give you any sort of refund wether it be store credit or cash. We were completely turned away with no remorse and will never be returning to Nordstrom rack in the Warwick Mall! Wish I could put half a star or even no stars for the way I was treated.

julieb376
6/16/19

Ok I shop online a lot because it is easy I must buy 1000 or more a month from them but this is the thing they treat me horrible when I saw one of the idem that I just bought and it was on sale the next day they would not give me the sale price and did I tell you I spend 1000 or more a month there wow and they give these crummy Nordstrom notes on there credit card but only after you go to 2000 points horrible they don't even give u birthday gift card THEY DO NOTHING GOOD FOR THERE COSTUMERS I GET MORE FROM forever 21 they give a gift card on your birthday and if you spend money they give 119 gift card with there credit card and Macy's gives u a gift card on Birthday this place is not good at all they treat you like garbage I am going to cancel my card soon if they don't step up to plate and also horrible customer service they never do nothing and you don't even get free shipping on 50 purchases you have to spend a 100 to get it this is a horrible place

virginiem2
6/15/19

I've placed 4 orders recently. Great products for a good price.
I had to partially return some, as I ordered different sizes of the same dress. There was a mishandling of USPS but the Nordstrom Rack customer service agent, Elaine, went out of her way to track my returns and to accelerate the timing of my refund. She exceeded my expectations.
Her recommendation is to create an account and not use guest checkout, as it makes order handling easier for every one. Will do! Thanks!!

celestec29
6/10/19

I usually spend $100 to get the free shipping. Then I try everything on and send back what I don't like. The printable labels come out of your return for $6 which isn't bad. The return takes a bit, but that's fine to me.

christophek2
6/6/19

so i saw a cool pair of supra shoes lowky 50% off and the perfect size i wanted , i'm from canada and supra well we don't often find that here , I was a bit scard to order because of all the bad reviews ,like not having the good size or not what they ordered you know ... it took 3 days for them to confirm my payment and after that it was super quick, the email said i was supposed to receive my shoe June 14 but i got it June 5 it was a big surprise so yea i'm gonna keep ordering from there cause i can save big bucks

shelleys107
6/3/19

This is my first and last order with this place. Unbelievable! Before ordering, I checked shipping times to make sure it wouldn't take a week or more since I would be traveling. The website says items will ship in 1-3 days. Not that they MAY ship or will probably ship....I placed my order last Tues evening and heard nothing until Fri. Finally I tweeted Rack & a CSR messaged me & said they would check on my order. They got back saying that since Friday was the 3rd day (4th actually but who's counting, right?!) that I would hear something soon. I get an email Fri evening saying that MOST of my order is ready to ship & will arrive Tuesday and there was a tracking number attached. No info on when I would receive the rest of my order (which turned out to be 1 item). I checked the tracking info & it only said a FedEx label was generated. Then I get an email Sat saying they're unfortunately not able to fulfill my order completely and they've given me a refund. No explanation as to why...NOTHING! Turns out the item they couldn't send was the one they were advertising on the site as "the last one." Obviously not....there wasn't one!! So I get an email today that my order will be delivered tomorrow....I'm thinking "YAY!" So I decide to track it to see where it is and guess what..,.its still in the same place it has been since I ordered it! No tracking info other than a generated label. I'm guessing that of delivery is still tomorrow like it says, it doesn't have to go far from the warehouse to get to me. But what is absolutely ridiculous is that the website and my order and my email all say the items will ship in 1-3 days when in actuality, the items are shipping in almost EIGHT days. That is not a slight miscalculation. Nordstrom Rack has FALSE information on their website & they are essentially LYING to their customers. And I'm not sure about you but I'm not going to be doing any repeat business with a deceitful company. You've been warned.

grazynal1
6/3/19

They should pay more attention in the packing facility if the wright items going to the wright people. Costumer service has to be good to the end. I had a very special occasion for the item I did choose and that was cashmere sweater and they did send to me compliantly something different ,it did look like a swimming suit.

marcias97
6/2/19

I had been buying items online from this store, items such as handbags and shoes. I decided to buy clothes too. However, I had problems with 2 items recently and I decided to return. One of them was accepted because they said they made an exception for me. But the second item I wanted to return was not accepted by them because I had worn it. The item is a shirt that I tried when I first received it and I really liked it, but when I actually wore it, I felt uncomfortable because, due to the model, the shirt slid back and tightened my neck.
Because of this and not to run the risk of having to stick with items that I was not satisfied with, I will not buy online at this store anymore. There is a Nordstron store right in front of my residence. I only bought online for convenience, but I'm not willing to take any more risks.

kimc416
5/29/19

I do a lot of online shopping and I mean a lot! I just happened upon Nordstrom Rack's order status page (that I had never been to before) and saw 2 orders pending from 2017 that I had NEVER received! They certainly charged me on my statement and never credited me. I called customer service to see what they would do. NOTHING. They would rather loose a valued customer over $150 worth of orders and one that will tell everyone she knows rather than to do anything? I get it. 2 years ago but YOUR website states I never got the package. DO SOMETHING!

anar169
5/17/19

Ordered two sunglasses. Waited about 3 weeks for my order! And it was not what i ordered. Other colors... Send it back. During two weeks still waiting for my return...

moniqueb61
5/15/19

I ordered a pair of sunglasses it literally took 2 weeks for them to come from California to Chicago. I could have rode there on my grandma's wheel chair and back faster than Nordstrom Rack takes to ship. I would rather pay the $5 shipping than get that bs free shipping.

accebs
5/8/19

Takes about two weeks for you to get your package regardless of their clearly untrue assertion your order will ship in 1-3 days. More like 6 days. I personally found costumer care unsatisfactory - like yea I know how to track a package.

I can only imagine how horrible the returns process is if it takes them two weeks just to send you your stuff. Notice it takes them NO TIME AT ALL to charge your card though lol

daronb2
5/5/19

Returned two pairs of shoes and its been 1 month and still no credit on my credit card yet. Customer service said it was still in transit even though my return tracking slips says they received it 2 weeks ago. It is ridiculous time line for a return process. Not worth ordering from them if this is how a return process is done.

merong1
4/26/19

Worst experience ever. I made a purchase online for some stuff worth more than $100. if you spend over $100 you get free shipment. It takes over week to get your stuff because they use cheap delivery process. The supervise is impolite when you ask question. Not happy overall.

linhl8
4/4/19

Return taking so long online even my order shipped to Return Department but still took for every to be complete for return. I think Nordstrom Rack needs to hire more customer at Return Dept.

tracyb265
3/29/19

As a busy professional, I order online and have things delivered. 9 out of 10 times, it does not fit properly, but I have to try! I am 5 foot, muscular and petite. Clothes shopping has always been difficult, and most items have to be altered. More so in the last decade due to US manufacturers creating larger clothing with a smaller size tag due to the obesity epidemic that is so relevant. If you are short and petite, go to Zara or another European store and stay out of Nordstrom Rack.

kentb70
3/18/19

It's a cheap parlor trick. "Only $19.99 for a pair of shoes + $7.95 s&h." BUT if the shoes don't fit for some reason, they will charge you $5.95 for return shipping AND less tax on the return. I bought a $35 pair of shoes and it cost me $15 total in shipping charges. THIS is how they make money. Their business model is literally built on s&h like "as seen on TV". Save your time and money and shop at DSW.

jh464
3/13/19

I placed an order on 1/29 and returned two items from that order. The return was accepted on 2/11. On 3/1 I realized I hadn't received my refund! I did a chat with customer service and they stated my carded had been refunded when, in fact, it had not. They looked into it further and stated a partial refund would be sent to my credit card and partial would be sent on a new gift card (I'd originally paid with part of a gift card) in 3-5 business days. It is now 3/13 and I have yet to receive that gift card (I did get the portion back to my credit card). I did another chat with customer service and now they're claiming there was a glitch causing the gift card to not be mailed out. They stated this time that a new card would be arriving in 5-7 business days. It's completely unacceptable that it's already been over a month since THEY accepted my returns yet I don't have MY money back!!! To make matters worse, I lost money b/c I had to pay for the return shipping! This will be the last time I shop at Nordstrom Rack!!

camm24
3/6/19

So far have only ordered clothes and have been very happy with what I have received - hesitant to order things like shoes given reviews, but as far as clothes go - all been good quality, sizing has been correct, shipped in good time ... will continue to buy shirts / shorts from the online Nordstrom Rack

Have learned to look for products made by the designer (showing up on their website) to do my best to try and ensure it is not 'made for outlet' clothes and other than a couple items, so far so good.

sarahm791
3/5/19

Exactly what Amanda K. said. I am a Nordstrom card holder and Nordstrom Rack cancelled my account with no notice due to my purchase to return ratio. I had to call them to find out after I wasn't able to log into my account today. I shopped with them exclusively for almost 10 years and spent tens of thousands of dollars. Like any consumer shopping online, I would purchase multiple items and sizes and return what didn't work to my local Nordstrom Rack. Because the events only last for so many days, it's not like you can go back for an item if the size you purchased doesn't fit. So fine, change your return policy and let customers know they need to keep a certain percentage of their order so they can be more selective of their purchases. But to make this rule and then blacklist everyone who violated said rule before it was even effective?!? Absurd. Nordstrom has lost a loyal customer and credit card holder.

elizac15
3/2/19

Worst experience ever. I made a purchase online for some boots. They were paid for and in transit with UPS. Then bam no package Nordstrom decided to intercept the package and have it returned back to them. I was told it wash a human error in pricing. Well ok that was not my error. I was purchasing these boots as a Birthday gift for myself. Thanks now I have to run around looking for a replacement.... this is not how you conduct business and expect to keep customers

mariak76
2/27/19

When ordering from the Nordstrom Rack website, I can range from a size M-XL, all from the same designer. This is ridiculous, especially since they recently also sent me an email, saying that I return too many things and that my account will be monitored. I wouldn't have to return that many things if they carried standard, consistent sizing. I think the clothes they've been carrying lately are oddly sized, and that's hard to gauge online. They added this Size Indicator tool, that's supposed to suggest the correct size for you. However, it just stays on the same size, no matter what brand or style I am buying, so it is essentially useless. Too bad, because the style and prices are just right- even though some items aren't great quality. It's too much of a hassle to re-purchase the items in the correct size, as you have to pay shipping fees again, so I end up not keeping a lot of things, it's true. It's also inconvenient that when an item you bought goes on sale shortly after, they cannot refund you the difference and they make you return the item and re-purchase to get the discount. Yes, this happens quite frequently to me, so I am sure that was unfairly counted in my rate of returns. I like going to the actual store instead, but selection there is poor.

nazm3
2/18/19

The merchandise that are in the rack stores most of them are such a bad guality and cheaply made . I don't think they come from Nordstrom stores .

jessicad260
2/13/19

Ordered bright-colored Brooks Women's Running Shoes and received Grey/White Brooks. Now, they're out of stock in my size and they can't do anything about it... annoyed with having to return and shop for a different shoe now.

157 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the Nordstrom Rack staff and other customers.

15 Photos for Nordstrom Rack