Review of Nordstrom Rack

customercare@nordstromrack.com
2017 Customer choice award

nazm3
2/18/19

The merchandise that are in the rack stores most of them are such a bad guality and cheaply made . I don't think they come from Nordstrom stores .

jessicad260
2/13/19

Ordered bright-colored Brooks Women's Running Shoes and received Grey/White Brooks. Now, they're out of stock in my size and they can't do anything about it... annoyed with having to return and shop for a different shoe now.

amandap272
2/7/19

The worst customer service I've ever experienced. I placed a shoe order for my husband in a size 9m, they sent me a size 10. Refused to fix their mistake. Made me go through the entire return process. It took me 3 weeks to get refunded. Horrible Horrible business practices, if you make a mistake own up to it and make it right for the customer.

OVERALL HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE.

amandak167
2/1/19

I am a platinum member at Nordstrom and was recently canceled by NordstromRack from purchasing anything online.

I was under the impression the point of shopping online to try things on at home see if they fit and return what doesn't fit or what you don't like? Why would it matter to them if I am returning items on my time using my gas?

A great suggestion would be to post better reviews and details on their items my returns would be significantly less.
My sister got married and I had several weddings over the past 5 years. Lots of dresses purchased and returned. Lots of celebrations and events mean new dresses and outfits.
Losing weight? Yep, I did that too, (because of an illness), and if they would look they'd see the sizing changed and I was trying to figure it out along the way. In the privacy of my own home where I wouldn't have to try on clothing in their rooms. Which to note, at least in my experience are barely covering and have had people walk in on me and could peer through the rooms. Highly suggest you do this in your stores. This is one reason I purchase everything in the store, go home and return items.

They calculated my returns over the past 10 years! If they were paying return fees I would understand them canceling my account but they're not. They're not executing correctly. I ordered a few thousand just to see if it would work and it did. I'll of course return as I will continue to even more now!!

Andrew and Amy, you've really lost touch with customers.

The letter: We recently reached out to let you know that the rate of returns on your online shopping account is unusually high, and that we are no longer able to accept this volume of returns.

In reviewing your account, we see that your rate of returns has not been lowered. As a result, we have made the decision to end our relationship with you and anyone associated with your account. We will no longer be able to accommodate your online transactions at nordstromrack.com and HauteLook.

If you have any questions, or would like more information regarding this decision, please contact our Account Review team at AccountReview@Hautelook.com, or call 408-498-8616.

Sincerely,

Andrew BreenDirector, Customer Care
Nordstrom Rack | HauteLook

CC: Amy Sommerseth, VP, Store Service and Experience

After the first note I called and explained to them all of this. The lady was really nice and said she would note that and it shouldn't be an issue. I waited about 90 days and purchased items over the holidays. Well, c'mon most of these items were gifts so I would imagine returns do increase during this time. Low and behold a month after my holiday shopping, I received the above letter. Cutting costs, I understand, I'm the CMO of a company and am involved in board meetings with these conversations. One item I love about my company is that we look at individuals on a case by case basis. If a customer called to explain what happened and had valid reasons for their behaviors, I would make an exception.
In conclusion this is more of a review for the executives to see and less for consumers. Warning to consumers is don't shop online if there is a small possibility you won't like the item!
It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently. Warren Buffett

yings5
1/31/19

Customer representative Samantha is very unprofessional. I wanted to change the shipping address before it was shipped. She told me she was not able to change for me. Then I said I am going to cancel the order and replace the order, she said she is not able to help me either. She is very rude. Then I opened a new chat and chatted with Kayla B, She is super nice and updated my shipping address immediately. Samantha was trying to tell me that it's not her but the system's problem. Apparently, it's not the system but her because Kayla helped me with the same system in a second. If it's not Kayla, I will probably never come back to Nordstrom Rack forever because of Samantha's unprofessionalism and rudeness.

victoryp
1/29/19

I was so excited to find a discount store for Nordstrom. And when I saw the cheap prices, I wanted to buy everything. I ordered 8 dresses and had to send ALL back! The polyester fabric was the scratchy type! I had in fact overpaid and could have gotten better fabric in the flea market. Yes, the more expensive items on the site may have come from their Nordstrom store--I don't know. But the items on the cheaper end definitely did not!

khloel
1/16/19

Your account will be closed if you make too many returns. So I guess they want you to keep the items that you do not like or that don't fit. HELLO you are an online store so things do not fit or are not what you thought once you receive them in the mail. Just dumb and lack of common sense in the corporate office. Who are they to tell you that you made to many returns? So don't you (PPL IN THE CORPORATE OFFICE) buy a thing and return it, just keep the item and waste your money.

I see all the other bad reviews, obviously the lack of customer service is not satisfactory.

nap3
1/14/19

Absolutely dissatisfied customer. Made a card payment in-store Maple Grove, MN. My debit card information was stolen and had over $3,000 stolen from my bank, the next day from Oklahoma!!! Of course I opened a police report. I want to warn customers that this is a concern when you make payments in their store! Bad experience overall, will be taking my business elsewhere!

eddier63
1/9/19

I ordered 2 Vneck sweaters one in black and one in Navy. They emailed me saying it would be split into two orders. They both arrived at the same time and one was a black shirt by the same brand NOT a Vneck, and the other box is a 420 dollar woman's designer coat. I am more disappointed that someone is going to miss out on such an expensive coat and get potentially a Vneck instead. Sad that it's a lottery of items to recieve. It's not very hard to also your employees to do their job right or replace them.

nancyr337
1/9/19

I will never buy from Nordstrom Rack again. They sent me a jacket that had obviously been worn, washed, and shrunken, with no tags attached. I returned it to them with a letter asking for a full refund, including shipping both ways. They refunded only what I paid after deducting shipping costs both ways. They cheated me, and I will not do business with them again.

luism189
12/28/18

A
This happened 3 times in the last 2 weeks :after 24 hours of placing an order this is the email you will receive:

Thanks For Understanding
Hi there,
We want to say that we're sorry. Unfortunately, we will not be able to fulfill your recent order.

conniez6
12/21/18

Bought a pair of Sperry boots online in May, then started to wear them in Oct, the zipper already coming apart in two months. I called their customer service and was told they can't do anything about it.......Bad customer service and bad product

estellah3
12/19/18

BAD experience. I ordered and paid for a Kate Spade purse, which (supposedly) arrived three days later. I had been wanting this purse for a long, long time and was really looking forward to receiving it. Upon opening the box, I discovered, NOT the purse, but a men's size large pajama top...just that...nothing else in the box, no packing material, purchase receipt, etc.! It was so strange! I called and asked to speak to a manager and was told in a very demeaning, rude tone that the purse was now sold out and there was nothing that could be done about it other than issuing a refund, *after* I had to go to the trouble of returning the pajama top I did not order. Is there something wrong with this picture? Yes, indeed. I was actually punished for the inefficiency of Nordstrom Rack online customer service. I did not receive my long-awaited purse and was treated very rudely to boot! I will never order online from Nordstrom Rack again. I will go directly to an existing store, even though, sadly, I have to drive a two-hour round trip to get there. I wish you all a better experience.

yuriy3
12/17/18
• Updated review

Nordstrom Rack Rocks! There is nothing more satisfying than a customer service problem solved. After complaining about the hopper boot stockout issue, Nordstrom Rack restocked at a higher price, but they gave it to me at the original discount. Boot arrived and I'm really enjoying it.

“Nordstrom Rack sucks!”
12/2/18
• Previous review

Nordstrom Rack sucks! Bought Hopper boot (Lucky Brand) online and was really looking forward to receiving it. Aftet a whole week, Nordstrom Rack emailed me that they would never ship my boot because they didn't have it in stock. And that's it. Worst customer service ever.

chloez3
12/15/18

employee number:10738532 doesn't even deserve 1 star!!!!! was so disrespectful and nasty will never return to this store in monmouth county.

katieb203
12/12/18

This place is not what I remember it to be. What the hell happened to Nordstrom?! I can't even believe I just opened a platinum Visa with Nordstrom too, and I have had nothing but problems with my orders. I will be cancelling my card and shopping someplace that has good service. This is ridiculous, especially since they give you no resolution and basically say screw you when you call. I don't understand??

paa2
12/7/18

Nordstrom Rack you shouldn't be playing with your customers money like a bank. You shouldn't be charging for items that are clearly out of stock only to take six business days to refund money that was never owed! You should be ashamed!

kevinw398
12/5/18

Bad service online a shoe online and waited and still waiting for the product. Service is clueless of when the product will be sent out. BAD BAD BAD service. Will NEVER order from nordstrom rack again.

emiyr
12/5/18

I originally placed my order on November 23rd. As I live in Canada, I had to pay the ticket price in CAD rather than USD. That's fine, however when they cancelled my order over a week and a half later (without telling me), they refunded me less than what I had originally paid! The exchange rate had fallen between the time I placed my order and the time they cancelled it, so they refunded me the full amount in USD, however that was less than what I paid in CAD! As a consumer, why am I taking on the exchange rate risk when this was their mistake? They were the party that didn't fulfill their obligation, so they should incur the loss on exchange not me! When I called in to complain, they informed me that they don't have a complaints department and all I could do was tell the customer service supervisor. She has no authority to change this at all - so really they're telling me they don't care and there's nothing I can do to get my money back. Horrible business practices. Will not be shopping here ever again.

kathleend162
12/4/18

I have ordered from them online twice. The first time they messed up my order and sent me only 1 item that was correct. Not to mention they shipped my items late. Now I am waiting on some boots to come in and they have not shipped yet.I contacted customer support an had no idea when my items would ship.

josephk222
12/2/18

Promised 1-3 day shipping and was told (over the phone) that they weren't sure when it would ship and it has already been a week and a half! They also refused to do anything to rectify the situation and do not allow cancellations. I won't be doing business with them again.

jenj47
11/30/18

Terrible, simply awful customer service (if you can even call it that). They are clueless about when or IF your order will ship. They charge you when the item hasn't even shipped and then when I asked what my recourse would be if it hadn't shipped within their 3-day window (which it hadn't) they actually told me to dispute it with my credit card company since "it couldn't be canceled?!" Live chat is worse; they simply disconnect you without responding. Save your energy and shop elsewhere.

yahairaf1
11/29/18

There shipping system is the worse they have delays my order is not going to make it on time, will not recommend to buy anything online from this store.

Yflatts

lynnew54
11/14/18

Doesn't meet delivery time or communication of delivery. Delivery time will not meet expectation
Customer service was unable to rectify also.

jessicar308
11/14/18

How can you tell me shipment is 1-3 days after order date and for about 2weeks now my order hasn't been shipped.
I'm so disappointed.
I won't buy from them again if I don't receive my order.

157 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the Nordstrom Rack staff and other customers.

10 Photos for Nordstrom Rack