Review of Nordstrom Rack

customercare@nordstromrack.com
2017 Customer choice award

linhl8
4/4/19

Return taking so long online even my order shipped to Return Department but still took for every to be complete for return. I think Nordstrom Rack needs to hire more customer at Return Dept.

tracyb265
3/29/19

As a busy professional, I order online and have things delivered. 9 out of 10 times, it does not fit properly, but I have to try! I am 5 foot, muscular and petite. Clothes shopping has always been difficult, and most items have to be altered. More so in the last decade due to US manufacturers creating larger clothing with a smaller size tag due to the obesity epidemic that is so relevant. If you are short and petite, go to Zara or another European store and stay out of Nordstrom Rack.

kentb70
3/18/19

It's a cheap parlor trick. "Only $19.99 for a pair of shoes + $7.95 s&h." BUT if the shoes don't fit for some reason, they will charge you $5.95 for return shipping AND less tax on the return. I bought a $35 pair of shoes and it cost me $15 total in shipping charges. THIS is how they make money. Their business model is literally built on s&h like "as seen on TV". Save your time and money and shop at DSW.

jh464
3/13/19

I placed an order on 1/29 and returned two items from that order. The return was accepted on 2/11. On 3/1 I realized I hadn't received my refund! I did a chat with customer service and they stated my carded had been refunded when, in fact, it had not. They looked into it further and stated a partial refund would be sent to my credit card and partial would be sent on a new gift card (I'd originally paid with part of a gift card) in 3-5 business days. It is now 3/13 and I have yet to receive that gift card (I did get the portion back to my credit card). I did another chat with customer service and now they're claiming there was a glitch causing the gift card to not be mailed out. They stated this time that a new card would be arriving in 5-7 business days. It's completely unacceptable that it's already been over a month since THEY accepted my returns yet I don't have MY money back!!! To make matters worse, I lost money b/c I had to pay for the return shipping! This will be the last time I shop at Nordstrom Rack!!

camm24
3/6/19

So far have only ordered clothes and have been very happy with what I have received - hesitant to order things like shoes given reviews, but as far as clothes go - all been good quality, sizing has been correct, shipped in good time ... will continue to buy shirts / shorts from the online Nordstrom Rack

Have learned to look for products made by the designer (showing up on their website) to do my best to try and ensure it is not 'made for outlet' clothes and other than a couple items, so far so good.

sarahm791
3/5/19

Exactly what Amanda K. said. I am a Nordstrom card holder and Nordstrom Rack cancelled my account with no notice due to my purchase to return ratio. I had to call them to find out after I wasn't able to log into my account today. I shopped with them exclusively for almost 10 years and spent tens of thousands of dollars. Like any consumer shopping online, I would purchase multiple items and sizes and return what didn't work to my local Nordstrom Rack. Because the events only last for so many days, it's not like you can go back for an item if the size you purchased doesn't fit. So fine, change your return policy and let customers know they need to keep a certain percentage of their order so they can be more selective of their purchases. But to make this rule and then blacklist everyone who violated said rule before it was even effective?!? Absurd. Nordstrom has lost a loyal customer and credit card holder.

elizac15
3/2/19

Worst experience ever. I made a purchase online for some boots. They were paid for and in transit with UPS. Then bam no package Nordstrom decided to intercept the package and have it returned back to them. I was told it wash a human error in pricing. Well ok that was not my error. I was purchasing these boots as a Birthday gift for myself. Thanks now I have to run around looking for a replacement.... this is not how you conduct business and expect to keep customers

mariak76
2/27/19

When ordering from the Nordstrom Rack website, I can range from a size M-XL, all from the same designer. This is ridiculous, especially since they recently also sent me an email, saying that I return too many things and that my account will be monitored. I wouldn't have to return that many things if they carried standard, consistent sizing. I think the clothes they've been carrying lately are oddly sized, and that's hard to gauge online. They added this Size Indicator tool, that's supposed to suggest the correct size for you. However, it just stays on the same size, no matter what brand or style I am buying, so it is essentially useless. Too bad, because the style and prices are just right- even though some items aren't great quality. It's too much of a hassle to re-purchase the items in the correct size, as you have to pay shipping fees again, so I end up not keeping a lot of things, it's true. It's also inconvenient that when an item you bought goes on sale shortly after, they cannot refund you the difference and they make you return the item and re-purchase to get the discount. Yes, this happens quite frequently to me, so I am sure that was unfairly counted in my rate of returns. I like going to the actual store instead, but selection there is poor.

nazm3
2/18/19

The merchandise that are in the rack stores most of them are such a bad guality and cheaply made . I don't think they come from Nordstrom stores .

jessicad260
2/13/19

Ordered bright-colored Brooks Women's Running Shoes and received Grey/White Brooks. Now, they're out of stock in my size and they can't do anything about it... annoyed with having to return and shop for a different shoe now.

amandap272
2/7/19

The worst customer service I've ever experienced. I placed a shoe order for my husband in a size 9m, they sent me a size 10. Refused to fix their mistake. Made me go through the entire return process. It took me 3 weeks to get refunded. Horrible Horrible business practices, if you make a mistake own up to it and make it right for the customer.

OVERALL HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE.

amandak167
2/1/19

I am a platinum member at Nordstrom and was recently canceled by NordstromRack from purchasing anything online.

I was under the impression the point of shopping online to try things on at home see if they fit and return what doesn't fit or what you don't like? Why would it matter to them if I am returning items on my time using my gas?

A great suggestion would be to post better reviews and details on their items my returns would be significantly less.
My sister got married and I had several weddings over the past 5 years. Lots of dresses purchased and returned. Lots of celebrations and events mean new dresses and outfits.
Losing weight? Yep, I did that too, (because of an illness), and if they would look they'd see the sizing changed and I was trying to figure it out along the way. In the privacy of my own home where I wouldn't have to try on clothing in their rooms. Which to note, at least in my experience are barely covering and have had people walk in on me and could peer through the rooms. Highly suggest you do this in your stores. This is one reason I purchase everything in the store, go home and return items.

They calculated my returns over the past 10 years! If they were paying return fees I would understand them canceling my account but they're not. They're not executing correctly. I ordered a few thousand just to see if it would work and it did. I'll of course return as I will continue to even more now!!

Andrew and Amy, you've really lost touch with customers.

The letter: We recently reached out to let you know that the rate of returns on your online shopping account is unusually high, and that we are no longer able to accept this volume of returns.

In reviewing your account, we see that your rate of returns has not been lowered. As a result, we have made the decision to end our relationship with you and anyone associated with your account. We will no longer be able to accommodate your online transactions at nordstromrack.com and HauteLook.

If you have any questions, or would like more information regarding this decision, please contact our Account Review team at AccountReview@Hautelook.com, or call 408-498-8616.

Sincerely,

Andrew BreenDirector, Customer Care
Nordstrom Rack | HauteLook

CC: Amy Sommerseth, VP, Store Service and Experience

After the first note I called and explained to them all of this. The lady was really nice and said she would note that and it shouldn't be an issue. I waited about 90 days and purchased items over the holidays. Well, c'mon most of these items were gifts so I would imagine returns do increase during this time. Low and behold a month after my holiday shopping, I received the above letter. Cutting costs, I understand, I'm the CMO of a company and am involved in board meetings with these conversations. One item I love about my company is that we look at individuals on a case by case basis. If a customer called to explain what happened and had valid reasons for their behaviors, I would make an exception.
In conclusion this is more of a review for the executives to see and less for consumers. Warning to consumers is don't shop online if there is a small possibility you won't like the item!
It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently. Warren Buffett

yings5
1/31/19

Customer representative Samantha is very unprofessional. I wanted to change the shipping address before it was shipped. She told me she was not able to change for me. Then I said I am going to cancel the order and replace the order, she said she is not able to help me either. She is very rude. Then I opened a new chat and chatted with Kayla B, She is super nice and updated my shipping address immediately. Samantha was trying to tell me that it's not her but the system's problem. Apparently, it's not the system but her because Kayla helped me with the same system in a second. If it's not Kayla, I will probably never come back to Nordstrom Rack forever because of Samantha's unprofessionalism and rudeness.

victoryp
1/29/19

I was so excited to find a discount store for Nordstrom. And when I saw the cheap prices, I wanted to buy everything. I ordered 8 dresses and had to send ALL back! The polyester fabric was the scratchy type! I had in fact overpaid and could have gotten better fabric in the flea market. Yes, the more expensive items on the site may have come from their Nordstrom store--I don't know. But the items on the cheaper end definitely did not!

khloel
1/16/19

Your account will be closed if you make too many returns. So I guess they want you to keep the items that you do not like or that don't fit. HELLO you are an online store so things do not fit or are not what you thought once you receive them in the mail. Just dumb and lack of common sense in the corporate office. Who are they to tell you that you made to many returns? So don't you (PPL IN THE CORPORATE OFFICE) buy a thing and return it, just keep the item and waste your money.

I see all the other bad reviews, obviously the lack of customer service is not satisfactory.

nap3
1/14/19

Absolutely dissatisfied customer. Made a card payment in-store Maple Grove, MN. My debit card information was stolen and had over $3,000 stolen from my bank, the next day from Oklahoma!!! Of course I opened a police report. I want to warn customers that this is a concern when you make payments in their store! Bad experience overall, will be taking my business elsewhere!

eddier63
1/9/19

I ordered 2 Vneck sweaters one in black and one in Navy. They emailed me saying it would be split into two orders. They both arrived at the same time and one was a black shirt by the same brand NOT a Vneck, and the other box is a 420 dollar woman's designer coat. I am more disappointed that someone is going to miss out on such an expensive coat and get potentially a Vneck instead. Sad that it's a lottery of items to recieve. It's not very hard to also your employees to do their job right or replace them.

nancyr337
1/9/19

I will never buy from Nordstrom Rack again. They sent me a jacket that had obviously been worn, washed, and shrunken, with no tags attached. I returned it to them with a letter asking for a full refund, including shipping both ways. They refunded only what I paid after deducting shipping costs both ways. They cheated me, and I will not do business with them again.

luism189
12/28/18

A
This happened 3 times in the last 2 weeks :after 24 hours of placing an order this is the email you will receive:

Thanks For Understanding
Hi there,
We want to say that we're sorry. Unfortunately, we will not be able to fulfill your recent order.

conniez6
12/21/18

Bought a pair of Sperry boots online in May, then started to wear them in Oct, the zipper already coming apart in two months. I called their customer service and was told they can't do anything about it.......Bad customer service and bad product

estellah3
12/19/18

BAD experience. I ordered and paid for a Kate Spade purse, which (supposedly) arrived three days later. I had been wanting this purse for a long, long time and was really looking forward to receiving it. Upon opening the box, I discovered, NOT the purse, but a men's size large pajama top...just that...nothing else in the box, no packing material, purchase receipt, etc.! It was so strange! I called and asked to speak to a manager and was told in a very demeaning, rude tone that the purse was now sold out and there was nothing that could be done about it other than issuing a refund, *after* I had to go to the trouble of returning the pajama top I did not order. Is there something wrong with this picture? Yes, indeed. I was actually punished for the inefficiency of Nordstrom Rack online customer service. I did not receive my long-awaited purse and was treated very rudely to boot! I will never order online from Nordstrom Rack again. I will go directly to an existing store, even though, sadly, I have to drive a two-hour round trip to get there. I wish you all a better experience.

yuriy3
12/17/18
• Updated review

Nordstrom Rack Rocks! There is nothing more satisfying than a customer service problem solved. After complaining about the hopper boot stockout issue, Nordstrom Rack restocked at a higher price, but they gave it to me at the original discount. Boot arrived and I'm really enjoying it.

“Nordstrom Rack sucks!”
12/2/18
• Previous review

Nordstrom Rack sucks! Bought Hopper boot (Lucky Brand) online and was really looking forward to receiving it. Aftet a whole week, Nordstrom Rack emailed me that they would never ship my boot because they didn't have it in stock. And that's it. Worst customer service ever.

chloez3
12/15/18

employee number:10738532 doesn't even deserve 1 star!!!!! was so disrespectful and nasty will never return to this store in monmouth county.

katieb203
12/12/18

This place is not what I remember it to be. What the hell happened to Nordstrom?! I can't even believe I just opened a platinum Visa with Nordstrom too, and I have had nothing but problems with my orders. I will be cancelling my card and shopping someplace that has good service. This is ridiculous, especially since they give you no resolution and basically say screw you when you call. I don't understand??

paa2
12/7/18

Nordstrom Rack you shouldn't be playing with your customers money like a bank. You shouldn't be charging for items that are clearly out of stock only to take six business days to refund money that was never owed! You should be ashamed!

157 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the Nordstrom Rack staff and other customers.

10 Photos for Nordstrom Rack