Review of Menards

Eau Claire, WI, US
Tel: 4840000802

royp75
1/12/19

Menard's rebates are a scam. If you need to return anything (without the receipt) and there has been an 11% rebate (always is) then that 11% is deducted from the value of the lowest price offered for that item. I do not give them my business anytime I can avoid them even though their prices are better (usually) and their selection is better just because of their return policy. If they want my business call up my history and credit me what I paid. You could also get a long way with just a percentage off rather than those stupid rebates. (Most places stopped with the rebates back in the early 2000s.)

johnr1097
10/22/18

Menards treated me very dishonestly in both word and deed. They overcharged me for my countertop.

They refused to give me my $265 rebate and basically ignored my inquiries with unresponsive answers. And they owe me for the Small Claims Court filing. Filing a action in the SMALL CLAIMS COURT did get their attention. They offered me $260 before the court even heard the case.

I accepted the partial payment. Next, they tried to get me to sign a nondisclosure statement making sure no one would hear how the SMALL CLAIMS COURT got their attention. I refused that so I could pass this information on. (It is Case No.
2018 CVI 012896 in the Franklin County (Ohio) Municipal Court).

peterd284
9/5/18

The first time I ordered something from Menards for a project I ordered 300 retaining wall blocks online. They called and e-mailed a delivery date. I drove 2 hours to the site and they never showed, NO CALL NO SHOW, NOTHING, I sat there all day.

I finally called that night and they gave some bull story and tried to reschedule next week. I asked for some kind of discount for the inconvenience, like free delivery ($120) they gave nothing, did nothing, not even a sorry for the inconvenience!!!!!. So I cancelled the order and never used Menards again.

HOME DEPOT AND LOWES, pay a little extra for the service- it's worth it. Worst construction store I have ever gone to. I am a professional contractor and a master carpenter for over 20 years and have never experienced something like that, EVER.

Absolutely zero customer service. Just wow. Zero stars if I could.

tamaras96
8/22/18

We purchased a double garage door from Menards. They got all the parts we needed, loaded it onto our trailer, we drove to exit the yard, the second person checked our merchandise to see that we were leaving with what we paid for. We got home, and three boxes were the oak/ walnut, one was white. Customer service says it was our fault. I agree. We should of never shopped there. Incompetent people.

phillipe19
7/24/18

Purchased an AC exhaust kit for my Soleus unit, Menards shipped the wrong one, they acknowledged it in an email.
then they sent a fedex return label, deducted from my return money, they also charge a "restocking fee" leaving me $27 from a $69 purchase.
When I informed the customer service dept about the error (joke) they argued, blamed me for even buying the product, even though the menards website claims it was the correct model.
DO NOT BUY FROM MENARDS
MENARDS IS RAN BY LIARS AND THIEVES.

nadinel14
4/2/18

These people are the worst to do business with. If giving 0 stars was possible, that is what I would choose. If you are placing an online order with them, STOP! There is no phone number to contact customer service for online orders! (That was clue #1 that I was dealing with scammers). I placed an online order with them on a Saturday evening at 5 PM. I changed my mind the next morning after realizing that what I ordered was junk. I had to send emails to TRY to cancel my order. They told me they were unable to cancel the order because it had already shipped! COMPLETE LIE! One part of the order was to ship Fed Ex and they had not received to items yet; the other portion was to ship USPS - can anyone tell me of a USPS that is open on the weekends? No, because they are not. They would not refund my order so I filed a claim with my bank, I reported them to the BBB and Consumer Affairs. Trust me, this place is a joke and a scam.

connieb65
2/26/18

Bought my kitchen flooring and cabinets from Menard's. So busy it took a while to get to a designer but once we did the designer took time to show us selections and answer the many questions we had. Pricing was outstanding. Checkout for a first-timer takes some getting used to. Be certain to pick up your rebate slips before you leave the store.

Delivery fulfillment was not too good. The delivery team (outside contracting) was wonderful however, store gave us one date then changed to another. Then store cancelled the delivery due to weather and never told us. Following day they only delivered 1/3 of order and one cabinet was damaged. Day after, we thought we had it all but found out one cabinet was still missing. Delivered after the weekend. Had to cancel the installation for the scheduled weekend.

Overall, it was pretty good and the kitchen looks fantastic!

gregc89
2/2/18

They are great to work with, especially regarding returns. Many items are not known for the quality. Once your use to what to avoid they are fine.

charmaines7
8/17/17

This store has Everything, from lumber, to groceries. Very,very reasonable pricing,and great customer service. Clean and easy to read prices

patrickp59
6/6/17

I ordered my smoker online, it was shipped to me and every part except the legs were bent out of shape, it looked like it had been dropped from a truck. Menards told me to buy another one and ship the damaged one back and if they thought it warranted it they might refund the cost of the first pit. These people are terrible and they don't care much to put things right.

ronnyd9
9/22/16

Cheaper than Home Depot. Pick-up isn't REAL convenient at my store but ordering is easy.

coleenen
5/1/16

It's a good thing the store isn't closer to me. In Menards I go crazy. In Menards I am like a kit at Christmas or in a candy store. Love everything about it.

bkd1
12/21/15

Every time I go in to one of these stores they are having a sale on something! All prices are very reasonable and they eve have a food and health section! A great place to shop!

rm60
5/7/15

Menards has handle 2 problems for me after the manufacture's warranty had ran out.

dianea18
11/28/14

Bought a snowblower at Menards in Hermantown (Duluth) MN on Oct.30. Only had my car and the blower wouldnt fit in it. I live in Canada, a four hour drive away. I asked the young salesman if the store would hold it until I could return with a trailer to pick it up. He said store policy only allowed it to be held for 3 weeks and suggested I make special arrangements at their service desk, which I did. The woman at the service desk assured me that it would be no problem at all to hold it until I could get back down to Duluth on Nov. 26th. In fact she said they would take it off the floor and put it in the back. All I had to do was to present my receipt at door #11 on Nov.26th and they would load it onto my trailer. So, with those assurances secured, I paid for the snowblower.
Fast forward to Nov. 26th. I rented a trailer in Canada and drove back to Duluth on Nov. 25. When the receipt was presented at door #11 on Nov. 26th, you guessed it. NO snowblower. They had sold it and everyone of that model all area stores. How the heck does this happen when inventory is so carefully monitored by computer? They sold my machine, fully knowing that it had already been sold to me. Even after I went to all that trouble to get extra assurances that it was okay to pick it up past their policy timeframe.
It gets worse. I then asked to speak to the dept. manager, He told me that their policy was to hold prepaid merchandise for only 2 (that's TWO) weeks and that it didnt matter what his employee had told me. I then asked to speak to the store manager. He was completely unsypathetic to my plight, stating that it was store policy to hold such merchandise for only 1(you read that right, ONE) week. you must be kidding me. and of course, he didn't care at all that his employee/store representative and I had made an exemptive agreement. The same girl who had given me the guarantee that I wouldnt have any trouble getting my blower on Nov. 26 was present during my conversations with both managers. She readily admitted that she had told me it would be okay to do the pick up on the 26th. She also stated that she clearly remembered our conversation. but the store manager refused to stand behind his employee. Poor woman looked so embarassed, especially when the manager said he would "deal" with her later. I sure as heck wouldnt have rented that trailer and driven all the way down there if I hadn;t been guaranteed that the blower that was rightfully mine would be there. He tried to sell me a bigger blower with no offer of a discount or anythng for my trouble. He clearly was not interested in satisfying this customer. In fact. every offer he made would have cost me more money but his store wouldn't be out one cent. What the heck kind of compromise is that?
I am putting this out there to warn people about the unscrupulous and confusing "policies"at the Menards store in Hermantown MN. The worst thing about the whole encounter was the blatant lack of caring shown by the store manager. He wasn't the least bit concerned about my problem, he refused to take any responsibility for the mistake. He hid behind "store policy" and tried to tell me that there was "nothing he could do" Store policy has no flexibility, his hands were tied. What a crock of .... Any manager worth his salt would have bent over backwards to keep the customer happy. Especially one who had spent thousands and thousand of dollars at his store over the past few years. Not this schmuck. my advise? Shop elsewhere. There are plenty of good retailers who really WANT your business.

shellih
9/4/14

I went to Menards in May because my siding faded for the second time in 5 years. The manager indicated he was more than happy to help. Four months later, the manger has done nothing to help us with the issue with the manufacturer. Last night, I stopped in to see if the manager had any more information. He "went off" on me. He indicated that it is not his job to help the customer with this type of problem, he yelled and walked away from me. It was the most unbelievable interaction I have ever had with anyone. He was rude to me and my wife who tried to tell him we were just looking for help from a company we normally love to do business with and normally have good experiences with. This experience was the very worst customer service I have ever received. The manager also indicated that I shoudl talk to their customer service area. When I tried that phone number, it just loops you around in a circle. After listening to many prompts, it finally told me I needed to write a letter. Is Menards afraid to talk to their customers?

paulab14
2/26/14

I bought 2 vanity tops totaling $1900.00. They had to be shipped from up north (Minnesota or Michigan) and it would take at least 2 weeks. Two days after I made the purchase I found out I could get granite vanity tops $800.00 cheaper from another company and that company delivered and installed for free. (Menards charged $79.00 for delivery and extra to carry it upstairs and they do not install). I went back to Menards and asked to cancel the order. They charged me $450.00 restocking fee. I knew this was my fault and expected to be charged something but $450.00!! The tops had not even been shipped yet. I will never spend any money at Menards ever again. I have since purchased all new faucets, mirrors, paint and numerous other items that total a lot more than $450.00. They are the ones losing out in the long run. No way to run a business. There are too many other places to go.

2 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the Menards staff and other customers.

Menards?