Review of Dillard's

questions@dillards.com
2017 Customer choice award

suem283
7/15/18

Dillards for years has been my favorite place to shop, No More! I feel Ivanka Trumps special treatment and the conflict of interest of she and her family dealings have pushed me over the limit. Sorry Dillards until I hear you no longer support this administration. I will begin shopping elsewhere!

anned40
7/10/18

The worst retailer! I purchased two pairs of pants and tried to return them two weeks later. They refused to take them back just because I removed the tags. I spend over $1000 a year at that store but no more. They will never see another penny from me. Their associates were so rude! When I tried to elevate the issue, they had the same rude person call me to tell me the same thing. Goodbye, Dillards!

mariab294
7/2/18

As long as they sell Trump sweat shop items, we will block Dillards! I feel bad for the ladies in Clinique, and dresses, as weve been shopping there for years and they know us, but we will never go back. We are learning to shop on line, checking the suppliers and avoiding everything trump and trump trash.

bobbiel18
6/21/18

Shopping today at Dillards. Dressing room in youth girls department is horrible. The smell of urine and human waste is disgustingly horrible. I made my granddaughter leave the area. One of the employees said kids poop and urinate in that dressing room all the time and that they do not shampoo only vacuum. OMG!!!! This is Dillards for goodness sake!

diannew41
6/17/18

6/16/2018 I went to a Dillards outlet at the West Oaks mall in Ocoee Fl, and ask for Eileen Fisher, it was all mixed in with the other brands, okay not a problem I will search to find the item I saw online. Please note the night before I was online at the Dillards website and I saw the Eileen Fisher Sweaters on sale for $62.00. When I went to the outlet they had the item for $93.60. I ask the sales person for the Manager (Renda), and she told me if I see it online for that price I should purchase it online. People make sure you check online before you go to the Dillards outlets thinking your getting a deal because you not.

mollym62
5/23/18

Hello, I went to store and found a shirt I liked but they only had size L. I asked associate if they could send me a size M. She said yes. She didn't mention to me about shipping charges. I thought they use to either send to store for no shipping charge or send to your house for a small charge. She processed the order and when I questioned the price she said shipping was flat rate $10.00. Thought that was too much. I asked if I could cancel and she said "No". She offered to call a manager over for me but I declined. I just wish she would of given me the information on shipping before I ordered. Also, my fault for not asking right away. Dillards has good selection of clothing but prices are so high. I usually will shop their sales.

elleng58
5/17/18

I really don't know how this store survives. Never find what I'm looking for in this store and if I do the price is astronomical . So I never buy anything here any more. Use to be a great store. What happened? Boring store.

robertb932
5/15/18

I have not shopped this store online but the first time i went into one of their stores it reminded me of Kohls. Dillards had a pretty good selection in the mens clothing section. Will shop there again when i get the opportunity

annmariec10
5/9/18

On the order page, they don't indicate that the item is not returnable. It is only on the order review. Be CAREFUL! They wouldn't even allow an exchange for a different size. Online shopping is not what it is cracked up to be.

wesleym51
3/15/18

So I was looking for a suit and a couple sports coats. A friend recommended Dillards so I visited the location at the Hamilton Place Mall in Chattanooga, TN. In the past, I had always had terrible experiences at other department stores (poor quality, poor fits, high prices, etc). Not the case at all at Dillards. The associate cordially asked if he could help, I told him why I was there, and he immediately went to work - in a very NON-pushy manner, mind you - providing options. I was literally in and out of the store with a Hugo Boss suit and two sports coats in less than a half hour for around $300. It was the best shopping experience ever.

houlanc
3/6/18

I WORKED AT THIS DUMP STORE FOR 5 YRS. I WORKED ON THE DOCK. FIRST, IT WAS COOL I THOUGHT.. WORKING AT A MALL, BUT THERE WAS SO MUCH WORK AND OTHER B.S. THIS COMPANY PUT ME THROUGH... I DON'T KNOW WHERE TO BEGIN....! FIRST, WE HAD TO UNLOAD/LOAD TRUCK, PROCESS ALL THE MERCHANDISE IN ONE DAY AND BECAUSE THIS COMPANY IS SO CHEAP THEY NEVER HIRED ANY FULL TIMERS BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T WANT TO PAY FOR THEIR INSURANCE. WE WERE SHORT HANDED AND WE HAD TOO MANY BOXES TO GO THROUGH AND THEY WANTED US TO FINISH IT ALL BY THE END OF THE SHIFT! THESE PEOPLE WERE ON DOPE! NO WAY WE WERE GOING TO FINISH ALL THAT AND COMPLETE RESTROOM CHECKS EVERY HOUR. OH YEAH, FORGOT TO MENTION IF YOU WORKED ON THE DOCK YOU HAD TO CHECK THOSE SMELLY, FUNKY BOOTY RESTROOMS EVERY HOUR AND THEY HAD TO BE CLEAN OR SOMEBODY OR A-HOLE WOULD COMPLAIN AND GET YOU IN TROUBLE. THE WOMEN WERE THE WORST! PERIOD BLOOD AND $#*! ON THE STOOLS AND ALL ON THE WALLS!!!!! WE HAD TO CLEAN THAT STUFF. AND EVERY TIME THEY NEEDED SOMETHING ON THE FLOOR WE HAD TO RUN LIKE DO -BOYS AND SERVANTS TO THEIR RESCUE. THE ASSOCIATES WOULD ALSO COMPLAIN ABOUT LITTLE STUFF AS WELL.... EVERY MORNING WE HAD TO DO JANITORIAL STUFF AND OTHER STUFF SOMETIMES THAT WASN'T EVEN IN OUR JOB DESCRIPTION. SOMETIMES WE WOULD HAVE TO STAY OVER WHEN WE WERE ALREADY TIRED FROM BEING THERE ALL DAY AND COMPLETE WHAT THEY CALL "TRANSFERS." THAT WOUL D LAST ALL DAY.... GOING AROUND FROM FLOOR TO FLOOR GRABBING BOXES AND CLOTHES OFF THE FLOOR. THIS WAS THE WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVER WORKED FOR. SO UNORGANIZED...... EVERY DAY IN THAT DUMP WAS A SAD, DISAPPOINTING, DEMORALIZING DAY. TAKE MY ADVICE AND DON'T EVER WORK THERE ON THE DOCK. IF YOU DO WORK THERE ON THE FLOOR YOU WILL BE FORCED TO TURN AGAINST YOUR FELLOW CO-WORKERS AND STEAL CUSTOMERS FROM THEM. THEY WANT YOU TO BICKER AND BE PETTY. DON'T DO IT.

shabirak
1/20/18

I was planning to buy products from dillards, however, reading the bad reviews has left me to think twice before purchase???

carols240
12/27/17

Hello. I just placed an order I thought with Dillard's.I got an email from Hanes. I wanted my order from Dillard's not Hanes. What should I do.

jonnies7
12/16/17

Dillard's has very nice clothing, very good brands, nice & clean. prices are little higher but merchandise also better. Love to shop here

kw195
12/8/17

Frustration to the point of tears over a $35 return, and two and a half hours+ of my life Ill never see again. Dont let this horribly managed store ruin your day. There is no excuse on Gods green earth why a simple return should turn into a three-ring circus, with you as the sport! As a local business owner of 25 years, I have taken the time to write this for those who shop at Wiregrass Mall in New Tampa/Wesley Chapel. My issue with them is solved: this is for you. We have many choices as to where we can spend our money. We can effortlessly order things online from any store, and comparison shop while we do so. No need to take the time to get in our cars and drive to a store where we will be mistreated. I went to return something from the Clarins counter that was pricey and did not work as advertised. Two and a half hours later, after being humiliated repeatedly, treated like I was trying to pull something and even called names, I left with nothing but.wait for it.a store credit for DIlliards!! Woo- Hoo! Like Im ever going to use that. There was not one person in the store who knew how to call corporate and make a return without a receipt- a receipt I was told by phone 20 min prior to driving over that I did not need. (The actual assistant store manager, Jenny Baretto, admitted the staff was undertrained and so now WE all know how to handle a return at Dillards but they still dont)! WHY DID IT TAKE 2 HOURS TO EVEN GET A REFUND CARD? This store is dying. The employees are bored and angry: their salary is largely commission. Their inexcusable behavior illustrated this massive discontent, but you can google Dillards employees and read employee accounts of how badly they are treated to learn more. So, in turn, the employees mistreat their customers. I was subjected to nastiness by a woman with black hair and no name tag or common sense at the Clarins counter, as my usual contact (a real sweet lady) was unavailable and busy giving a makeover. After dealing with the nameless lady with the black hair (yes, she refused to give her name), I asked for the General Manager of the store. A man who falsely identified himself as the manager of the store, a fellow who looks to be about 19, appeared. He was nasty, mocking, snide, rude and above all, impotent. He didnt know a thing about returns, customer service, or common decency. His name is Andre Giles, He finally sent me with a store credit to the customer service desk (after about two hours of bickering about nonsense- I spend enough money there, Im recognized by the people I usually work with), I was given a store credit and told to go upstairs to Gift Wrapping, where the clerk would put the money back on my card. The Customer Service lady was a Nazi in disguise. She refused to give her name, and behaved in the most unconscionable way, knowing her behavior was off the charts rude and grounds for dismissal. She was even more rude than Andre Giles and the black-haired perfume spritzer Id dealt with downstairs. I will describe her: imagine your grandma but with the meanest eyes youve ever seen, covered in heavy makeup and eyeliner, wearing a bright red satin blouse, just spitting fire and fury, and youve got her. Oh, and give grandma shoulder length auburn/brown dyed hair, circa 1968, and take away her soul and you have this lady. Go to Dillards while youre holiday shopping and stop in on the second floor Gift Wrapping to say hi to her. Shes real. Upset that her tantrums would not deter me, she not only refused to refund my money as the fake manager, Andre Giles had said shed do (he sat there, smirking and refused to help during this!), she attempted to humiliate me, repeatedly. Finding I would not leave without my refund, she actually picked up the phone and pretended to call for security! Honestly- this could and probably will happen to you if you decide to make a return there. I left, called William Dillard II (he was, shockingly, unavailable) and then called the Wiregrass Dillards, asking the operator SPECIFICALLY for the General Manager of the store. Spoiler: Mr. Andre Giles is NOT the GM! No one seems to know his title.I did speak to the Asst. Manager, Jenny Barreto, and she was weaselly and non-committal. She offered no apologies for her employees behavior, and stated she didnt know when if ever, the actual Manger of the store would return. Jenny promised to take care of my refund, but just as she was going to do that-SURPRISE!- we were disconnected! I finally called her and was told, Jenny is on the phone but shed call me back. Days later Im still waiting. 24 hours later, I received a call from the district manager, Gene Heil. Intent on circling the wagons to protect his errant employees against Dillards loyal customers. Nordstrom is the bomb. Go there. They care about their customers and sell great merchandise. Otherwise, do like everyone else- Amazon.

beverlyo9
11/29/17

I placed 2 Black Friday sales orders. The first order was cancelled after 5 days. Now I will not receive the order and Black Friday sales are over at the other department stores. The second order had to be shipped from 2 different stores and they charged my credit card extra fees without my permission.

maudh1
8/22/17

Worst customer service for online orders! Most other stores offer free shipping after a certain amount; not Dillards. Their ship cost is high, and if you must return, YOU pay as well. I received a dress that was not as the one pictured, AND had defects, yet they still wanted the shipping cost to be on me, BOTH ways!!! I went in the store in person to return, to avoid the return shipping cost. I had to show a manager the error, and had to argue to get my shipping cost back! Sheesh! I don't know how they even stay in business.

lat657
8/8/17

I always have received great help and service when shopping at Dillard's. The staff is has always been very helpful and informative about sales items. The price on designer purses are always GREAT!! And the Southern Living towels are very good quality, and the prices were great.

sams387
8/2/17

My god... stay away from this site. They have like a 5 day processing window, and then their free ground shipping takes like another 7 days... if you want anything quick, do not buy from here. Also, if you want to talk to their customer service team, have fun waiting on hold for 30 minutes before being told there's nothing they can do and basically to screw off. rude, obnoxious, old ladies working the phones/live chats. Horrible.

teresab103
6/19/17

We used Dillards for my cousins wedding and i needed to return my dress...at the Daytona-Volusia location. They were nice about it and things worked out good.

cathyp34
5/21/17

I returned shoes to the Dillard's at CarolinaPlace mall in Pineville that I had ordered on line. I didn't have the tag from the box, but she kept searching until she found what she needed on the computer. She saved me a return trip to the store. You're store is the best!

cl8252
3/21/17

I have never seen a bunch of lazy ignorant employees in my life the older ladies working should find time to bath or use deodorant i damm near had to throw up if i still drank i would have blew chunks all over them get a grip dillards never get a penny out of me you suck and smell bad

russc16
3/13/17

Very disappointed with Dillard's in the Daytona-Volusia Mall. I purchased a $900 Hart Schaffer Marx, men's suit, that was on sale. I was informed by both the sales person and manager, that since it was a sale item, (but still several hundred dollars), it was company policy to not provide a garment bag. I got the feeling that they don't place much value on their customers. It would be nice if corporate management would review this policy. Thank you

pingw
3/6/17

My regular shoe size is 6.5 and I ordered an ugg pair of shoes's 7 online. They are too...small. I need to exchange to one size up. But I have to pay three times shipping fee for this pair of shoes.

Don't shopping online dillards.com!

marym460
2/24/17

I absolutely love Dillards', but many of their sales employees have horrible customer service skills. One sale representative has the nerve to ask me if I worked? Granted I was in there Saturday last week and Thursday this week, but so what. I was so caught off guard that I was at a loss for words. No matter my reason for being there; I'm spending my money. That sales representative will never get my commissioned sale! Dillards training is in order.

272 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the Dillard's staff and other customers.

Dillard's?