Review of Dillard's

web.registrant@dillards.com
2017 Customer choice award

kw195
12/8/17

Frustration to the point of tears over a $35 return, and two and a half hours+ of my life Ill never see again. Dont let this horribly managed store ruin your day. There is no excuse on Gods green earth why a simple return should turn into a three-ring circus, with you as the sport! As a local business owner of 25 years, I have taken the time to write this for those who shop at Wiregrass Mall in New Tampa/Wesley Chapel. My issue with them is solved: this is for you. We have many choices as to where we can spend our money. We can effortlessly order things online from any store, and comparison shop while we do so. No need to take the time to get in our cars and drive to a store where we will be mistreated. I went to return something from the Clarins counter that was pricey and did not work as advertised. Two and a half hours later, after being humiliated repeatedly, treated like I was trying to pull something and even called names, I left with nothing but.wait for it.a store credit for DIlliards!! Woo- Hoo! Like Im ever going to use that. There was not one person in the store who knew how to call corporate and make a return without a receipt- a receipt I was told by phone 20 min prior to driving over that I did not need. (The actual assistant store manager, Jenny Baretto, admitted the staff was undertrained and so now WE all know how to handle a return at Dillards but they still dont)! WHY DID IT TAKE 2 HOURS TO EVEN GET A REFUND CARD? This store is dying. The employees are bored and angry: their salary is largely commission. Their inexcusable behavior illustrated this massive discontent, but you can google Dillards employees and read employee accounts of how badly they are treated to learn more. So, in turn, the employees mistreat their customers. I was subjected to nastiness by a woman with black hair and no name tag or common sense at the Clarins counter, as my usual contact (a real sweet lady) was unavailable and busy giving a makeover. After dealing with the nameless lady with the black hair (yes, she refused to give her name), I asked for the General Manager of the store. A man who falsely identified himself as the manager of the store, a fellow who looks to be about 19, appeared. He was nasty, mocking, snide, rude and above all, impotent. He didnt know a thing about returns, customer service, or common decency. His name is Andre Giles, He finally sent me with a store credit to the customer service desk (after about two hours of bickering about nonsense- I spend enough money there, Im recognized by the people I usually work with), I was given a store credit and told to go upstairs to Gift Wrapping, where the clerk would put the money back on my card. The Customer Service lady was a Nazi in disguise. She refused to give her name, and behaved in the most unconscionable way, knowing her behavior was off the charts rude and grounds for dismissal. She was even more rude than Andre Giles and the black-haired perfume spritzer Id dealt with downstairs. I will describe her: imagine your grandma but with the meanest eyes youve ever seen, covered in heavy makeup and eyeliner, wearing a bright red satin blouse, just spitting fire and fury, and youve got her. Oh, and give grandma shoulder length auburn/brown dyed hair, circa 1968, and take away her soul and you have this lady. Go to Dillards while youre holiday shopping and stop in on the second floor Gift Wrapping to say hi to her. Shes real. Upset that her tantrums would not deter me, she not only refused to refund my money as the fake manager, Andre Giles had said shed do (he sat there, smirking and refused to help during this!), she attempted to humiliate me, repeatedly. Finding I would not leave without my refund, she actually picked up the phone and pretended to call for security! Honestly- this could and probably will happen to you if you decide to make a return there. I left, called William Dillard II (he was, shockingly, unavailable) and then called the Wiregrass Dillards, asking the operator SPECIFICALLY for the General Manager of the store. Spoiler: Mr. Andre Giles is NOT the GM! No one seems to know his title.I did speak to the Asst. Manager, Jenny Barreto, and she was weaselly and non-committal. She offered no apologies for her employees behavior, and stated she didnt know when if ever, the actual Manger of the store would return. Jenny promised to take care of my refund, but just as she was going to do that-SURPRISE!- we were disconnected! I finally called her and was told, Jenny is on the phone but shed call me back. Days later Im still waiting. 24 hours later, I received a call from the district manager, Gene Heil. Intent on circling the wagons to protect his errant employees against Dillards loyal customers. Nordstrom is the bomb. Go there. They care about their customers and sell great merchandise. Otherwise, do like everyone else- Amazon.

beverlyo9
11/29/17

I placed 2 Black Friday sales orders. The first order was cancelled after 5 days. Now I will not receive the order and Black Friday sales are over at the other department stores. The second order had to be shipped from 2 different stores and they charged my credit card extra fees without my permission.

maudh1
8/22/17

Worst customer service for online orders! Most other stores offer free shipping after a certain amount; not Dillards. Their ship cost is high, and if you must return, YOU pay as well. I received a dress that was not as the one pictured, AND had defects, yet they still wanted the shipping cost to be on me, BOTH ways!!! I went in the store in person to return, to avoid the return shipping cost. I had to show a manager the error, and had to argue to get my shipping cost back! Sheesh! I don't know how they even stay in business.

lat657
8/8/17

I always have received great help and service when shopping at Dillard's. The staff is has always been very helpful and informative about sales items. The price on designer purses are always GREAT!! And the Southern Living towels are very good quality, and the prices were great.

sams387
8/2/17

My god... stay away from this site. They have like a 5 day processing window, and then their free ground shipping takes like another 7 days... if you want anything quick, do not buy from here. Also, if you want to talk to their customer service team, have fun waiting on hold for 30 minutes before being told there's nothing they can do and basically to screw off. rude, obnoxious, old ladies working the phones/live chats. Horrible.

teresab103
6/19/17

We used Dillards for my cousins wedding and i needed to return my dress...at the Daytona-Volusia location. They were nice about it and things worked out good.

cathyp34
5/21/17

I returned shoes to the Dillard's at CarolinaPlace mall in Pineville that I had ordered on line. I didn't have the tag from the box, but she kept searching until she found what she needed on the computer. She saved me a return trip to the store. You're store is the best!

cl8252
3/21/17

I have never seen a bunch of lazy ignorant employees in my life the older ladies working should find time to bath or use deodorant i damm near had to throw up if i still drank i would have blew chunks all over them get a grip dillards never get a penny out of me you suck and smell bad

russc16
3/13/17

Very disappointed with Dillard's in the Daytona-Volusia Mall. I purchased a $900 Hart Schaffer Marx, men's suit, that was on sale. I was informed by both the sales person and manager, that since it was a sale item, (but still several hundred dollars), it was company policy to not provide a garment bag. I got the feeling that they don't place much value on their customers. It would be nice if corporate management would review this policy. Thank you

pingw
3/6/17

My regular shoe size is 6.5 and I ordered an ugg pair of shoes's 7 online. They are too...small. I need to exchange to one size up. But I have to pay three times shipping fee for this pair of shoes.

Don't shopping online dillards.com!

marym460
2/24/17

I absolutely love Dillards', but many of their sales employees have horrible customer service skills. One sale representative has the nerve to ask me if I worked? Granted I was in there Saturday last week and Thursday this week, but so what. I was so caught off guard that I was at a loss for words. No matter my reason for being there; I'm spending my money. That sales representative will never get my commissioned sale! Dillards training is in order.

antoinetteb14
2/24/17

I think it is very wrong for Dillards to get involved in politics. I went on line to order a top
by Ivanka Trump as I really liked the style and was unable to as it stated it was unavailable. I think Dillards is going the way of other stores.that are refusing to sell Ivanka Trumps merchandise. Is this store Democrat? Why get involved in politics when it comes to the general public and what they want to purchase.?

melissak53
1/24/17

I placed a large order of china and went through all the prompts without seeing a place for the shipping address. Suffice it to say the order was placed and afterwards I called and explained the problem of not seeing a place for the shipping address. The first customer service representative hung up on me. I called back again and upon checking they said part of the order had already been processed but they sent the freight company a recall and would reship it to the correct address. I was told I could check the status with the tracking number. Nothing ever came up with the tracking number. I called again yesterday and they said it would take a week to receive the order back from the freight company. Today the order arrived at my house - 2,000 miles from the correct destination. Upon calling Dillard's they informed me they could not and would not do anything. So I will have to pay for shipping again (I already paid Dillard's $20). I will never buy anything from Dillard's online again. I am very disappointed in their service. I have never had this problem with Amazon and should have gone with them in the first place!

Tip for consumers: Don't ever use dillards.com

donnab161
1/3/17

2 days after I make an online purchase, the item goes on permanent reduction. I called customer serv. & NO, they do not refund the difference.

cathyb62
12/31/16

DILLARD'S AT BEACHWOOD MALL IN CLEVELAND, OH: WENT THERE TODAY -NEW YEAR'S EVE TO SCOPE OUT THE SELECTIONS FOR TOMORROW'S PURCHASES. ARRIVED AT ABOUT 10:30 AM. THE STORE HAD ONLY BEEN OPENED ABOUT A HALF HOUR SO THERE WEREN'T MANY PEOPLE THERE. HEADED TO THE SHOE DEPARTMENT WHERE I SPOTTED ONLY TWO SALES ASSOCIATES WHOM WERE BOTH HELPING OTHER CUSTOMERS. I CIRCLED THE DEPARTMENT A FEW TIMES JUST WAITING ON AN ASSOCIATE TO BECOME AVAILABLE. WHEN THE LADY WAS DONE HELPING HER CUSTOMER, I WHO WAS BASICALLY STANDING NEXT TO HER SEEMED TO BE INVISIBLE BECAUSE SPOKE TO ALL OF THE CUSTOMERS AROUND ME BUT NEVER ASKED ME IF I NEEDED ANY HELP. STRIKE 1! THEN ANOTHER FEMALE ASSOCIATE CAME FROM THE BACK AND ASKED IF I NEEDED HELP. I TOLD HER YES AND THAT I HAD TWO QUESTIONS. I ASKED THE FIRST QUESTION AND THE PROCEEDED TO WALK AWAY. I STOPPED HER TO ASK MY SECOND QUESTION AND SHE ANSWERED VERY QUICKLY AND AGAIN TURNED AND WALKED AWAY. I'M VERY DISAPPOINTED AS I KNOW THESE WERE BOTH SEASONED EMPLOYEES AS I'VE SEEN THEM IN THIS STORE BEFORE. PERHAPS THEY ARE NOT READY FOR THR CROWD THAT AWAITS THEM NEW YEAR'S DAY. WHATEVER THE CASE, I HOPE THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS BETTER TOMORROW OR MAYBE THEY SHOULD CONSIDER FINDING ANOTHER JOB! I WORRY THAT GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE AT A STORE LIKE THIS IS GOING DOWN THE DRAIN.

diannag8
12/7/16

Shop there!

lizk34
9/9/16

I ordered a dress from Dillards online that I was supposed to wear to a friends wedding. Dillards sent me an order and shipping confirmation. They provided a tracking number. However, I found out 10 days later that the order was never shipped, because the item was not in stock. No one has ever notified me. They had no clue this happened and when I contacted them, they said sorry, we will give you your money back. How can you run a business not knowing what's going on in your own warehouse and giving fake tracking numbers so customers that actually rely on them. Now I have no dress to wear to the wedding and I could have ordered something else if I wasn't lied to.

maryh233
7/30/16

DO NOT WORK THERE, MANGERS ARE LAIRS, DID NOT TELL ME ABOUT QUOTA UNTIL TOO LATE , MONEY IS NOT WORTH THE STRESS THEY PUT ON YOU. AND TO BE TRAINED! HA! WHAT A JOKE, ITS THE OTHER SALESLADIES THAT TRAIN YOU, WILL NOT EVEN SHOP THERE EVER AGAIN! WOULD GET RID OF STORE MANGERS AND HALF OF HER STAFF, THEY DO NOT WANT TRUTH ,THEY WANT YOU TO LIE ABOUT EVERYTHING, I JUST WONDER WHAT THE FRIST MR. DILLARDS WOULD THINK. A CUSTOMER TOLD ME THAT ITS LIKE KMART AND SHES RIGHT . THEIR MOTTO IS SELL, SELL , DO NOT MAKE THE STORE MANGER MAD .TOO MANY YOUNG GIRLS WORKING THAT DO NOT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING AND THEY DO NOT CARE, HEY! 12.00 AN HOUR AND THEY ARE OUT IN 4 WEEKS, YEP, THEY CAN DO THE 4 WEEKS AND GO SOMEWHERE ELSE .THEY HAVE A FEW OLDER LOYAL CUSTOMERS, AND SLOW AND THEY WONDER WHY SO SLOW, WE STLL ARE A SMALL TOWN AND IF YOU GO THROUGH EMPLOYEES LIKE THEY DO WORD GETS OUT FAST , AND LIKE I SAID NO MORE SHOPPING FOR ME THERE OR ONLINE, SO IF I FEEL THIS WAY WHAT ABOUT THE OTHERS THAT HAVE QUIT OR BEEN FIRED .I WILL GO ELSEWHERE FOR MY PRODUCTS AND CLOTHES.TOO MANY FRIENDS AND KIN WORKING THERE IN SAME DEPT . THE LIST CAN GO ON AND ON .

anissaa
7/13/16

Dillards Will do everything possible to not accept your return. It an item is in less than perfect condition, they will not return your item, Even if you bought it that way. I learned my lesson the hard way. If you buy something with a cosmetic stain on it from trying it on, or even a snag, make sure you have the store clerk write down the issues with the item on your store receipt and have them sign and date it.

At Dillards, the customer is always wrong. I have been shopping there for the last 18 years. I have had so many issues at that store. The most recent one was the straw that broke the camels back. I canceled my credit card ( of 18 years) and will never return to Dillards again. Macy's, Nordstrom, and Bloomingdale's have much better customer service and return Policies. I consider myself a shopaholic and Dillards has lost out big time.

jessicad83
5/18/16

I wanted to return a dress and pair of shoes. 30 days returned period is all that Dillard's allows. I was at almost 60 days and they would not return my unworn items. I lost weight and the things I ordered no longer fit. Who has a 30 day return policy on clothes? Apparently lame Dillard's. Also, shipping is crazy. Payed shipping fee when I ordered and you pay the shipping to return it. Rediculous, I will never order from Dillard's again especially since there are other companies out there doing it way better.

loryr1
1/31/16

Perfect place to get you guy his Polo scent and sample other scents as well.

linkam
1/5/16

I have been their customer for years now, their store brand shoes are my favorite ones. I only took one star off because they don't offer free shipping ever, which I guess is good or I would be totally broke from buying their shoes when they go on sale. For the price Antonio Melani and Gianni Binni are the best quality shoes I have ever seen or wore. Sorry overpriced designer shoe manufacturers. I don't need a designer name to make me feel good about myself and walk like a tortuted puppet in uncomfortable overpriced heels.

sonalis5
11/30/15

This is my 2nd bad experience with Dillard's & their customer service. I had bought a watch & wanted to exchange it for a bigger dial. Dillard's Rep couldn't locate the item# on the return receipt & told me to contact their manager in customer care. Their manager was not helpful & she didn't tell me any work around options about store credit or gift card! She was so rude that she told me to gift the watch to someone else if I don't like it!.. I know there are people who have returned merchandise after 3 - 6 months of purchase. All Other stores like Macy's & JCPenny accept returns using a return label then why not Dillard's? It's ridiculous!!

patricias54
5/5/15

Was ready to purchase shoes until I saw the shipping cost to Hawaii,$35.00! Macy's, Nordstom, Neimans, Amazon All ship for free and very rude customer service when I inquired about it. The worst on line shopping experience ever

marks234
5/3/15

Today we decided to shop at Dillard's at Eastgate, near Cincinnati. There were two purses on sale at Dillard's, same purse as my wife purchased two months ago at full price. However, the prices marked were different. I went and saw the sales manager and she informed me that we were correct and both would be sold to us at the lower price. My wife and I looked around and picked out additional items and when we went to pay, we were told the prices would be different because the original prices were different according to the Store Manager. When it was discovered that the original prices were indeed the same, he informed us that it did not matter what the sales manager told us, he would not approve the same price. Accordingly, I informed him we would never shop at Dillard's again since they will not honor what we were told (Difference if $25 on a COACH purse, is not much). What shocked me is that he told us he did not care if we never came back and Dillard's did not want our business. So much for Dillard's. Maycy's and Nordstrom here we come!!

272 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the Dillard's staff and other customers.

Dillard's?