SlickDeals

2018 CUSTOMER CHOICE AWARD

SlickDeals has a consumer rating of 4.89 stars from 6,178 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with SlickDeals most frequently mention front page, many years and much money. SlickDeals ranks 8th among Coupons sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 98.9%
5,427

• From the front page deals to the forums for people looking for deals, this site has it all...
  • Slickdeals is my go-to site for a roundup of daily bargains around the web as well as informed consumer based reviews.
  • 2018 Customer Choice Winner

• There are plenty of other good deal sites, specially this time of year, like BFAds.net.
How would you rate SlickDeals?

“I found good deals for myself and for friends who asked...”

Teddy I.
8/18/20

I found good deals for myself and for friends who asked me to locate something for them. Overall it is a positive experience. But like most social network/forums, you do have your trolls that down vote legitimate questions. Unfortunately, those trolls hurt the experience because some people are less likely to ask questions that may benefit a large number of other users who might have had the same question. I wish the moderators would crack down on those users.

“FAKE WEBSITES ON SLICK DEALS”

Dale M.
9/2/20

I lost $199 when I clicked on a fake DYSON website listed on SLICK DEALS. Don't trust their site. Advertisers are unreliable. PS. The seller, from mainland China, sent me a plastic toy. The scammers have done this over and over. Slick Deals is complicit by allowing fake advertisements on their site.

Reviews (6,178)

front page (11) deal sites (4) go-to site (3) great site (10) price mistakes (3) need something (3) great deals (38) deals site (6)
dalem360
September 2nd, 2020

anonymousz611
anonymous Z.
October 25th, 2019
Verified purchase

For me, and your mileage may vary, most of the items I've shopped for have expired deals. I haven't found a way to filter only non-expired deals.

seng1
May 23rd, 2021

Was great a decade ago, now too many front page "deals" posts are just paid advertising for overpriced junk that retailers are having a tough time selling. Beware supposed deal threads posted by Slickdeals staff. And beware Slickdeals rebates, which never are paid to many people.

jenniferr429
January 2nd, 2019

Most of the coupons on this site does not work. Some of the deals are more expensive than going directly to the original website to buy products. So be careful. Do the research first.

teddyi3
Teddy I.
August 18th, 2020

matthewd708
September 9th, 2021

Slickdeals used to be a great place to go and find deals that you may otherwise miss buy, lately, it seems Slickdeals has really become Shilldeals. Staff often push 3rd party sellers to the point that the same seller could be promoted 8-9 times in just a few hours, and we are talking about the same 3rd party sellers that Slickdeals staff specifically state goes against their rules (unless it's staff posted of course). New "staff" gain incredible reputation within the space of a week, Frontpage Deals are often put there with inflated votes from SD staff and moderators. As I said in the beginning, Slickdeals is no more. Welcome to Shilldeals, where staff and moderators are worse than your cheesy car lot salesmen, and get away with anything they want to regardless of the rules for others.

ronb53
July 25th, 2017

Years ago Slickdeals was good and met my expectations. Today it posts lots of credit card offers along with Amazon. This is presumably due to the referral fees SD receives for those that use the provided links. It has become difficult to navigate through the flack. The members' comments are 50% good/OK while some of the other comments are a waste of my time.

anonymousp870
anonymous P.
May 6th, 2020
Verified purchase

I was a longtime member of Fatwallet and was sorry to see them go. I know Slickdeals has also been around a long time. I haven't gotten as involved here as I did there but I'm retired now on a fixed income so I imagine that is most likely the reason. I haven't really ventured into the forums much but intend to do so. So at this time I really don't have any suggestions for improvements but appreciate the opportunity to do so.

joez33
joe Z.
February 26th, 2019
Verified purchase

While it is a valuable source for killer deals and price mistakes, obviously credit cards deals are the biggest moneymakers for your site. While it's nice to see the card deals, the ENTIRE front page being splattered with nothing but credit card deals is a big turnoff. I've cut down on using the site by about 90% because it's too difficult to find anything but card deals in the first few pages.

sophiel76
May 21st, 2020

You can easily find some great deal here. Website Desin is amazing and navigation is best among other coupon sites.

andresa28
Andres A.
March 6th, 2019
Verified purchase

I enjoy looking for the amazing deals you guys find and post everyday! Keep up the good work!
Please however, I've noticed that too many times the deals are not available or are not available for the "deal price". Thank you for the great deals you have found for me throughout the years,
Sincerely,
Andres Alonso

sharadr5
Sharad R.
May 24th, 2020
Verified purchase

Almost religiously check SD before making any purchases for anything lately. There has been far too many times I've found the same item for far cheaper via SD, or if its not urgent, I just leave a deal alert till I find it for the right price. Highly recommended and hope it doesn't get too commercialized with companies running their products as ads like other sites end up being

karusunek
Samuel P.
March 15th, 2018

From time to time I will find some interesting deals on the website, but their support is wholly useless.

Having been a lurker for nearly five years, I finally decided to create an account in order to respond to one of the deals. I decided to register using a Google account. Slickdeals in their infinite wisdom decided to create the username instead of letting me choose it, but it did pop up to choose a different if I wanted.

I made my choice. It then went to a blank page. Reloading the page would also be blank.

It didn't work. My real name was my username. I didn't really want to use my real name, therefore I decided to go ahead and request a change. They have a way to request a change, but it has to be manually approved. I went ahead and did that, but also sent an email to support. I let them know the situation; I asked them to take a look at the request and approve it, or otherwise remove the account.

I received a response asking me to request a username change. I already requested a username change. The support agent didn't read the email. I went ahead and asked them to remove the account as a result. It was a 15 second read. That's all it would've taken for them to see that I was just asking them to check the username change request. Even if they couldn't take care of it immediately, I would've like to have known that they actually read and understood my request.

It's an alright website, but I wouldn't register and create an account with them.

samv52
Sam V.
July 16th, 2019
Verified purchase

I never got my Gift Card for a deal i was part of. I was really disappointed because it was a Slickdeals and Macys collaboration

tracyb155
Tracy B.
March 3rd, 2020
Verified purchase

Slickdeals is my go-to for finding out the scoop on good deals and not-so-good deals. Sometimes, I think something is slick until I read about all of the issues folks on SD had with items. I also have learned a lot purely by reading the comments. I have gotten some super great prices by using slickdeals and have always recommended SD. I don't feel like the deals are as slick as they used to be, but overall, I still find much better prices on things I need and don't need by checking here first!

holym1
May 29th, 2016

Unfortunately, deals from smaller companies are usually censored. But there are deals from the big retailers like Amazon, Best Buy, and Dell.

seanp75
Sean P.
April 13th, 2020
Verified purchase

Slickdeals has worked extremely well for me in the past few years. I hope you can add a dark theme to your website and please fix issues and bugs on the Android app, the experience lacks greatly when compared to IOS version.

tinar2
September 20th, 2010

It is not too bad. But it is also seriously crowded. They need to clean up their site and make it look more appealing to the eye. They may find that their site revenue goes up and people will stay longer.

kene22
Ken E.
March 7th, 2020
Verified purchase

The only problem I come across many times is when my email hits me. (auto check every minute for new emails) the deal is expired. Not sure why that happens so much.

janed397
October 26th, 2018

Ever since the original site owner/creator sold out to private equity firms, the site has become all about making money. The majority of posts are nothing more than sponsored ads, and spam posted by paid shills. Nobody cares about the members/community, and they have lost all integrity. I won't use the site anymore. There are plenty of other good deal sites, specially this time of year, like BFAds.net.

chads388
Chad S.
May 22nd, 2020
Verified purchase

Well, I'm not technically buying anything on Slickdeals.... I'm just gaining awareness of the best deals on the Internet. But yes, it's generally a very good experience. I appreciate that any deal posted also shows feedback, so you can research if a promo code doesn't appear to be working, etc.

bobm29
March 22nd, 2012

Slickdeals is dishonest. Users don't know that Slickdeals is making millions off of them through referrals that Slickdeals' servers automatically add to the end of any link submitted by users. While other sites do this, at least FatWallet offers to split some of those riches with their users, offering "Cash Back". Slickdeals is the "big baby" of deal sites. You can't mention FatWallet without Slickdeals' server censoring that word. You can't mention or link to any site that provides useful price information, e.g., CamelCamelCamel.com. Why? Because if you click to that site to look up a price, and you buy it from the link at CamelCamelCamel, Slickdeals doesn't get the referral. They are unwilling to lose the 4-5% they steal from your Amazon purchase! You also can't strip their referrals off links you add. They don't allow self promotion, but moderators routinely post links to magazine deals that --- not surprisingly -- have a referral link for Slickdeals. In other words, the "deals" they post are mainly deals for Slickdeals' admins -- because they get rich off the referrals. They're not exactly looking out for your best interests, are they? Keep that in mind. There are some helpful posts by various users on their forums, but strip off the referral link if you want to make any purchases.

anonymousp935
anonymous P.
June 18th, 2020
Verified purchase

Minor issues preventing 5/5 include hard-to-find or non-existent posting options, and aggravating user ratings and comments (last one not entirely SD's fault).

joeyy8
Dave I.
May 29th, 2020
Verified purchase

Lots of good info on current sales with links to items, and comments by others that have used the items.

jerrym133
April 4th, 2018

Purchased a DELL computer last November. Sent all forms and proof of puchase before the end on November. Heard nothing until January 25th. Approved. Here it is, April 4th, 2018 and have not received my rebate. It shouldnt be this hard.
Seems to be just another scam on the web. Bad thing is, Dell told me about this.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the SlickDeals staff and other customers.

Your search for great deals and coupon savings ends here. Find the best bargains and money-saving offers, discounts, promo codes, freebies and price comparisons from the trusted Slickdeals community.

michaels1709
Michael S.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SlickDeals?

Have a question about SlickDeals?