SlickDeals

2018 CUSTOMER CHOICE AWARD

Ratings On Other Platforms

Trustpilot
2.4 / 5

SlickDeals has a consumer rating of 4.89 stars from 6,179 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with SlickDeals most frequently mention front page, many years and much money. SlickDeals ranks 4th among Coupons sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 98.9%
5,427

• From the front page deals to the forums for people looking for deals, this site has it all...
  • Slickdeals is my go-to site for a roundup of daily bargains around the web as well as informed consumer based reviews.
  • 2018 Customer Choice Winner

• There are plenty of other good deal sites, specially this time of year, like BFAds.net.
How would you rate SlickDeals?

“I found good deals for myself and for friends who asked...”

Teddy I.
8/18/20

I found good deals for myself and for friends who asked me to locate something for them. Overall it is a positive experience. But like most social network/forums, you do have your trolls that down vote legitimate questions. Unfortunately, those trolls hurt the experience because some people are less likely to ask questions that may benefit a large number of other users who might have had the same question. I wish the moderators would crack down on those users.

“ABSOLUTE SCAM!”

Lori B.
10/26/21

ABSOLUTE SCAM! Absolute scam! Sold me a $400 paper weight (printer) and refuse to help resolve in any way. When i reach out they were nothing but grossly rude. I contacted Brother directly and was told that this company IS NOT a reputable company and they will no longer cover warranty's of any products are purchased from them. They also advised me that we paid 3X what we should have for it. They offered ZERO resolution to the problem. I will not let this go. Nothing but a bunch of scamming FU%^TARDS!

Reviews (6,179)

front page (11) deal sites (4) go-to site (3) great site (10) price mistakes (3) need something (3) great deals (38) deals site (6)
lorib923
October 26th, 2021

ABSOLUTE SCAM!

Tip for consumers:
ABSOLUTE SCAM!!!!!!!!!

dalem360
September 2nd, 2020

I lost $199 when I clicked on a fake DYSON website listed on SLICK DEALS. Don't trust their site. Advertisers are unreliable. PS. The seller, from mainland China, sent me a plastic toy. The scammers have done this over and over. Slick Deals is complicit by allowing fake advertisements on their site.

seng1
May 23rd, 2021

Was great a decade ago, now too many front page "deals" posts are just paid advertising for overpriced junk that retailers are having a tough time selling. Beware supposed deal threads posted by Slickdeals staff. And beware Slickdeals rebates, which never are paid to many people.

teddyi3
Teddy I.
August 18th, 2020

matthewd708
September 9th, 2021

Slickdeals used to be a great place to go and find deals that you may otherwise miss buy, lately, it seems Slickdeals has really become Shilldeals. Staff often push 3rd party sellers to the point that the same seller could be promoted 8-9 times in just a few hours, and we are talking about the same 3rd party sellers that Slickdeals staff specifically state goes against their rules (unless it's staff posted of course). New "staff" gain incredible reputation within the space of a week, Frontpage Deals are often put there with inflated votes from SD staff and moderators. As I said in the beginning, Slickdeals is no more. Welcome to Shilldeals, where staff and moderators are worse than your cheesy car lot salesmen, and get away with anything they want to regardless of the rules for others.

anonymousz611
anonymous Z.
October 25th, 2019
Verified purchase

For me, and your mileage may vary, most of the items I've shopped for have expired deals. I haven't found a way to filter only non-expired deals.

janed397
October 26th, 2018

Ever since the original site owner/creator sold out to private equity firms, the site has become all about making money. The majority of posts are nothing more than sponsored ads, and spam posted by paid shills. Nobody cares about the members/community, and they have lost all integrity. I won't use the site anymore. There are plenty of other good deal sites, specially this time of year, like BFAds.net.

sharadr5
Sharad R.
May 24th, 2020
Verified purchase

Almost religiously check SD before making any purchases for anything lately. There has been far too many times I've found the same item for far cheaper via SD, or if its not urgent, I just leave a deal alert till I find it for the right price. Highly recommended and hope it doesn't get too commercialized with companies running their products as ads like other sites end up being

tracyb155
Tracy B.
March 3rd, 2020
Verified purchase

Slickdeals is my go-to for finding out the scoop on good deals and not-so-good deals. Sometimes, I think something is slick until I read about all of the issues folks on SD had with items. I also have learned a lot purely by reading the comments. I have gotten some super great prices by using slickdeals and have always recommended SD. I don't feel like the deals are as slick as they used to be, but overall, I still find much better prices on things I need and don't need by checking here first!

jenniferr429
January 2nd, 2019

Most of the coupons on this site does not work. Some of the deals are more expensive than going directly to the original website to buy products. So be careful. Do the research first.

ronb53
July 25th, 2017

Years ago Slickdeals was good and met my expectations. Today it posts lots of credit card offers along with Amazon. This is presumably due to the referral fees SD receives for those that use the provided links. It has become difficult to navigate through the flack. The members' comments are 50% good/OK while some of the other comments are a waste of my time.

jerrym133
April 4th, 2018

Purchased a DELL computer last November. Sent all forms and proof of puchase before the end on November. Heard nothing until January 25th. Approved. Here it is, April 4th, 2018 and have not received my rebate. It shouldnt be this hard.
Seems to be just another scam on the web. Bad thing is, Dell told me about this.

joez33
joe Z.
February 26th, 2019
Verified purchase

While it is a valuable source for killer deals and price mistakes, obviously credit cards deals are the biggest moneymakers for your site. While it's nice to see the card deals, the ENTIRE front page being splattered with nothing but credit card deals is a big turnoff. I've cut down on using the site by about 90% because it's too difficult to find anything but card deals in the first few pages.

jjjk
July 29th, 2017

Site has fallen apart over the last few years. Not longer a deals site, but mostly questionable "deals" that Slickdeals promotes because hucksters are lining their pockets with referral dollars, all wrapped in a cloud of webads to shake even more sheckles loose.

Price compare anything this site promotes before you buy.

karusunek
Samuel P.
March 15th, 2018

From time to time I will find some interesting deals on the website, but their support is wholly useless.

Having been a lurker for nearly five years, I finally decided to create an account in order to respond to one of the deals. I decided to register using a Google account. Slickdeals in their infinite wisdom decided to create the username instead of letting me choose it, but it did pop up to choose a different if I wanted.

I made my choice. It then went to a blank page. Reloading the page would also be blank.

It didn't work. My real name was my username. I didn't really want to use my real name, therefore I decided to go ahead and request a change. They have a way to request a change, but it has to be manually approved. I went ahead and did that, but also sent an email to support. I let them know the situation; I asked them to take a look at the request and approve it, or otherwise remove the account.

I received a response asking me to request a username change. I already requested a username change. The support agent didn't read the email. I went ahead and asked them to remove the account as a result. It was a 15 second read. That's all it would've taken for them to see that I was just asking them to check the username change request. Even if they couldn't take care of it immediately, I would've like to have known that they actually read and understood my request.

It's an alright website, but I wouldn't register and create an account with them.

holym1
May 29th, 2016

Unfortunately, deals from smaller companies are usually censored. But there are deals from the big retailers like Amazon, Best Buy, and Dell.

nickw53
December 5th, 2015

If you try to join and post a deal that is not their sponsor/partner - they will ban you. And they will rep up the ones they will make the most profit from and they will make you think it's community driven but all the users are company employees that hype a product. Then they spam your email. Some of which contains malicious contents.

Most of the 5 star reviews on this site are just them spamming. The others are led to believe they are getting a deal.

rond136
September 21st, 2016

SD (for those of us who used to think of Slickdeals affectionately), has become a shill paradise and a home for a bunch of name-calling little kids. I used to go there first but find the cacaphony there nearly unbearable and can very often find better prices just by going to Google Shopping. Too bad, place used to be great but obviously sold out for more (but far less quality traffic) and the new folks running the place are morons. No longer recommended as first stop or for any extended search (and certainly not for questions or duscussion.)

meang
October 31st, 2017

Slickdeals is very corrupt. They knowingly post front page deals for for products that people got free in exchange for giving a good review, When you point this out to them they ban you.

andresa28
Andres A.
March 6th, 2019
Verified purchase

I enjoy looking for the amazing deals you guys find and post everyday! Keep up the good work!
Please however, I've noticed that too many times the deals are not available or are not available for the "deal price". Thank you for the great deals you have found for me throughout the years,
Sincerely,
Andres Alonso

vishwak2
December 16th, 2017

Its been 5 months and i have not received my rebate yet they take plenty of time to review and approve and then for disbursal. Do not opt for SD rebate.

Today is 12/16/2017.

tinar2
September 20th, 2010

It is not too bad. But it is also seriously crowded. They need to clean up their site and make it look more appealing to the eye. They may find that their site revenue goes up and people will stay longer.

kennethh89
September 14th, 2017

I purchased a product that SlickDeals stated they would pay a rebate on. Rebate was to come from SlickDeals, not the manufacturer.
My rebate was approved on 6/28/2017 and SlickDeals stated that I would receive my rebate in 5-7 weeks.
Rebate never came. When I contacted SlickDeals, they stated, "due to system error", rebate would take 8-10 weeks from approval date.
It is now more than 10 weeks since my approval date, they still have not sent rebate.
When I contacted SlickDeals again, they acknowledge that I am due the rebate, but will not even provide me with a date when I will receive my rebate.

chads388
Chad S.
May 22nd, 2020
Verified purchase

Well, I'm not technically buying anything on Slickdeals.... I'm just gaining awareness of the best deals on the Internet. But yes, it's generally a very good experience. I appreciate that any deal posted also shows feedback, so you can research if a promo code doesn't appear to be working, etc.

carlosh18
April 19th, 2015

This site sucks honestly. They only post deals where they know the advertiser (the stores) will pay them a commission. In my opinion, there's nothing good here usually.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the SlickDeals staff and other customers.

Your search for great deals and coupon savings ends here. Find the best bargains and money-saving offers, discounts, promo codes, freebies and price comparisons from the trusted Slickdeals community.

michaels1709
Michael S.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SlickDeals?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

4.9
Have a question about SlickDeals?