US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

jasminep14

I contacted customer service through email and got a resolution to the problem the next day. (in 49 reviews)

susanm221

I read about the items. For instance, if I'm purchasing jewelry, it must be gold. (in 139 reviews)

susanh148

Well, I would like to share my experience, both, as a seller,and as a buyer on the TopHatter.com. (in 194 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

emyv1
7/26/16

I sold on Tohatter handmade items the first and half year they started to operate. The site was very easy and one of their administrators Danny Burch...I think were always on the answering any questions or solving the problems. It was fun. My items went for most part under the real price but then there were vintage or jewelry supply that went over price. All in all was good, until they open up for china jewelry and changed payment method and put fees on every item listed. Ended up paying good amount for listing but no sales ! The administrators started not to answer questions any more, we were not suppose to say any thing about Th or your account was gone.As in any other side you meet buyers that are very sweet and buyers that get the item and request the money back. I suppose is the same for the sellers as well. At our time we were able to comunicate and see each others profile so a trust was build. But now I see the side, all china junk and unhappy sellers. The items are over priced and not worthy. All in all, find other place to buy china production for better quality

debb1247
7/25/16

Also had a bad experience, recieved a watch, with NO directions, asked repeatedly for return address, nothing! Very dissapointed.

efremb1
7/24/16

I bid on a mini iPad and won, paid for it and never received it. Spoke with tophatter as well as the seller. Tophatter informed me that they investigated my case and approved me for a refund, never got it. I then spoke with the seller who told me that it was shipped to the wrong address...how in the world is that my fault. In the end I am out money and not to mention his was a gift for my son. Will never deal with this foolishness again. Not saying that all sellers are bad but this crap just makes me not want to deal with any of them.

debral33
7/24/16

I have had nothing but a great experience with Tophatter.

lauries48
7/24/16

I purchased a ring that was sent back. I didn't know this but they turned around and refunded me to a card that I no longer have. I have heard nothing from the seller or tophatters since they fefunded my money to a card I no longer have nobody contacted me before this was even done. Very bad customer service

margaretp42
7/24/16

Their caption is Most addicting site. There is no such word. It's Addictive for one! Everyone says it's a scam so I'll believe them!

susanh183
7/23/16

This is the biggest scam! I bid on a $1.00 item and then was given invoice of $18.00 to ship! Weight is probably 1lb shipped to WA State. I tried to cancel order within minutes and it would not let me move forward. Then 4X emailed customer service and they did not respond at all! There is too many other bidding sites that are legit. I am experienced in several of these "bidding" sites and have never experienced this before. From Seller to Customer Service.

tigv
7/22/16

I, like Lois M., am an honest seller on Tophatter. I reply to all requests and work hard on customer service. It disheartens me to see folks who had a bad experience with a vendor to lump all vendors and the Tophatter website into one bad vendor. Do your own research. You can get some great items on Tophatter and have some fun at the same time!

joanneb51
7/22/16

Not worth the trouble. Never received an item but they said it was delivered & have confirmation. I was told to go ask the neighbors and talk to the PO - my job to look....pitiful. The item was very inexpensive but it is the principle of the matter. I'm done with them and will tell the rest of you for what they sell, try out WISH (very inexpensive and shipping takes some time but it's worth the wait), Amazon & Ebay. I will never use Tophatter again. Inexpensive lesson learned.

cathyd29
7/22/16

The very day my approved return was received by tracking number they issued an email stating no refund. It's been 4 email with no response so I had to escalate with pay pal. Never ever again.

debram57
7/20/16

Several problems making it very difficult & extremely frustrating as a seller. First issue with Tophatter NO PHONE SUPPORT! It wouldn't be so terrible if support didn't take days to reply then don't answer all your questions & have to send another support email & wait Next issue is it is very difficult to understand their platform. I requested an item to be scheduled on a live auction WITHOUT NOTIFYING ME IT WAS SCHEDULED & SOLD 2 DAYS LATER LOCKED ME OUT STATING I WAS OVERDUE SHIPPING MY SOLD ITEM OUT. I then scheduled several items on several of their live auctions which was recommended by Tophatter. DAYS LATER I RECEIVED AN EMAIL FROM TOPHATTER SUPPORT TELLING ME I CAN'T SCHEDULE MORE THAN 1 ITEM UNTIL I HAVE SOLD & SHIPPED 100 ITEMS! THE NEXT EMAIL FROM SUPPORT DAYS AFTER SCHEDULING INFORMING ME THEY HAD NO PLACE FOR MY NEXT ITEM IN ANY OF THEIR SEVERAL LIVE AUCTIONS. ERROR MESSAGES WHEN TRYING TO IMPORT ITEMS.

christinem88
7/18/16

There are so many prices differences you need to check prices out on EBay, Amazon, and the Items Home Site; you have to decide what you want to bid.
Before bidding, Open the View Box and Read It. There are so many things that the seller puts in there I now check from top to bottom if there isnt much of a description I decide if the postage is worth the item. Refund and Canceling you need to check what you got so before it gets to you. Once its in my hands I found that the postage back is more than you paid for the item I decide is it worth or the trouble or save them for presents.

donnac117
7/18/16

I wish I had read reviews before I bought anything, Tophatter is such a scam, you really do get what you pay for! They list items for unrealistic prices; you bid, you win at a cheap amount and when you receive them they aren't worth the cheap price you paid!
I got scammed especially on a 1942 Mercury dime they had it listed at $99.00 I paid $25.00 plus $9.00 shipping ( didn't see that) found out you can get it for $1.39 tried to get a refund and was told I couldn't it was non refundable.
BEWARE, BE SMART DON'T YOU GET SCAMED LIKE MANY OF US DID!

jjuliannaf
7/18/16

Before the changes we were able to contact the buyers, buyers were able to contact the seller. NOT ANY MORE! ! !

READ HERE:
"How about contacting buyers?":

I know that the support ticket is for buyers to contact sellers, but what about contacting a buyer? I have an untrackable and I always like to check with the buyer first since a lot of time they confirm they actually go it. I don't see anywhere that WE can open a ticket on our end to talk to the buyer

WHAT TOPHATTER IS HIDING????
SELLER'S PAYMENTS NOT GOING OUT IN TIME...
THE ITEMS GO ON THE BLOCK FOR AUCTION IN "SECRET"
SELLER HAS NO KNOWLEDGE ABOUT IT.
What a crocked company!!!!

Tip for consumers: DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT SELLING OR BUYING THERE, PLEASE!!!!!

shannonj21
7/17/16

Don't buy from them. Look at item check internet. Item can be bought from a reputable company at lower price. My seller had good reviews but when I ordered and found out it was refurbished and didn't include 2 of the most important items for it to work.they will.not contact me and top hatter will reply only with steps to follow which I did 5 different times still no help. I started this process 1 hour after ordering . after I filed all.complaints . I searched the net and found same item locally with all things needed to work and 40.00 cheaper. The seller was electronics wholesale. Buyers be ware . I also ordered a smart watch. If the price is cheap on them so is the product. Its a piece of garbage . what a joke this company is.

kalsooms
7/15/16

hi
my name is kalsoom i have some question

malaik2
7/15/16

Don't do it, save yourself the headache and money. Bought a purse on there and had to pay extra shipping when it arrived because they are to ignorant to know the difference. The purse looked much bigger in the picture, yet was the size of a make-up bag. So disappointed. Got it yesterday and returning it. They aren't even going to reimburse me for the shipping , which by the way was 50.00 for purse 10.00 for S&H I had to pay 5.95 more for postage because they lied about the weight. Never will I shop at one of these sites again ever. I'll pay more at a local store instead.

staceya17
7/13/16

I ordered a few items on a spending frenzy. Very disappointed. The items were cheap. One item was not even what was described. I was told I was not eligible for a refund. I had one item I had bid on, the site wouldn't not allow me to pay. It gave me no option to pay. I contacted them with the issue but never got a response. Then they sent me emails every day telling me to pay for the item. But atill no respknse. I'm donexcited with that site.

suen21
7/13/16

Please note customer service/customer support (as they refer to it) is essentially non-existant and a joke! They'll keep opening and closing support tickets without doing anything. if an item is misrepresented, either description or value or item is not delivered customer support will not override seller's position. If seller decides item is non-refundable (even though non-disclosed) customer support does not override seller. So if you have money to burn and you prefer "pass on frustration" I would suggest you just throw your $$$$ out the window the outcome will be same.

aw163
7/13/16

This company shouldn't exist. It's all fine and dandy if you don't have an issue. It's been months since I didn't receive an item I ordered and paid for. Have sent several inquiries regarding my open case with no resolve. How much work do I need to do to get my $9 back? Not worth the time - perhaps that's what they are counting on. The seller had the nerve to ask me to reverse my negative report because they never responded to my issue. I explained the issue to them, and they still ignored me. What a rip off company with no responsibility !

Tip for consumers: Don't waste your time with this company. No protection like others like EBay.

katrinac14
7/12/16

I PURCHASED AN ITEM FROM TOPHATTER AND WAS CHARGED FOR IT BUT I NEVER RECEIVED THE ITEM BUT , THEY ARE STATING THAT I SIGNED FOR IT AND RECEIVED IT , BUT I NEVER SIGNED FOR ANY ITEM ON THE DATE THAT THEY RECORDS ARE SHOWING ME , AND I STILL NOT GOTTEN THE ITEM NOR HAVE MY MONEY HAVE BEEN RETURN TO ME, ,THIS IS BAD BUSINESS, FOR ALL THE OTHER COMPANY'S OUT THERE, JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE PEOPLE AND COMPANY'S RUNNING THESE SCHEMES ON HONEST PEOLPE, AND THEY WILL NOT SEND YOU THE ITEM NOR RETURN YOUR MONEY....

Tip for consumers: DO NOT BUY FROM TOPHATTERS

pennye5
7/11/16

Dear Tophatter,
On July 6th, there must have been a glitch or something happened that said I had won a bid for a Sherwood Surround System that I didn't bid on during your live auction. I have done a lot of business with you and would like to continue. I have tried several times to reach you through email and the contact button on your sites but it will not let me explain and the six emails I sent were not able to send. Please remove this item that continues to say I have an unpaid invoice and that is keeping me from doing business with you.

kathye17
7/10/16

Do not purchase or bid for anything on this site as they charge high shipping costs and you can get the same items on different sites cheaper. This site is overcharging for items and shipping. Pleases don't purchase through Tophatter. I'm still waiting for items I paid for yet have not received. When I contacted the seller I was told that it was delivered though it was not and she was argumentitve. I still have not have any resolve to this issue even after contacting Tophatter.

andreaa43
7/9/16

I purchased a item and it was shipped to New Jersey when I live in North Carolina and this was not the only thing I purchased off this site. All my other items where delivered right. I have the tracking number and emailed them the location of my package, but they told me it was wrong and that I can't get a refund. So I called USPS to make sure I was right and was told by them that this Company is wrong. My item was shipped to the wrong address. So I paid for a package for one of there friends. I am one very upset customer, that will never deal with them anymore.

ad6384
7/7/16

I don't recommend at all and I always shop online I made one purchase and have been fighting for my refund for 3 weeks every day all I can say is don't buy from them they get no stars

1 rating was submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

111 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Tophatter staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Answer
janeth82
A: Forget it a waste of whatever they charged you for this watch oh and see my other answer below. I fault and won thanks to my Cc and no help from tophatter, they are creeps and how they are still in business after at least three bankruptcies is beyond me.
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Answer
janeth82
A: Good luck as you will get No help from them! Oh I have 3 of those what a piece of junk. Outdated and will have to buy other items for them and pray they work but I doubt it! Go to amazon and get a real one.
Helpful answer