Review of Tophatter

62%
Categories: Auction, Mobile Apps, Shopping
292 Lambert Avenue
Palo Alto, CA 94306, United States
10 Million Shoppers! Authenticity Guaranteed.
Join Now

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

ellenh40
4/25/17

Purchased bracelets value said $1200 each believed they would not be worth that much, did not expect valuer I took them to say not worth the cost of valuing them nor were the rings. Delivery was fast though.

marial148
4/25/17

There are three items that I haven't received. The first item I complaint about that I didn't receive, I was inform that it was shipped but when you track the package, it was still in China.

There was a Priya S that sent me an email April 10, 2017, after following up again the status of the order, informed me that they will take care of it and I will get an email in 24 hours. Unfortunately, I never got any update. I have 3 items pending.

It is ver disappointing since there is no way to call them and it makes me wonder why. I am ready to write a complaint with BBB.

carolg100
4/24/17

The items are shipped from China and are of exceptionally poor quality. It's a complete rip off. Do NOT even think about buying anything ..

evelyns49
4/23/17

I have won about 5-6 jewelry products from Tophatter. Delivery was timely and I am very pleased with the appearance of items purchased. I question the original prices of jewelry that you can win beginning with a $2.00 bid when the original price may have been posted as $999+. Lets be real. You aren't going to get something for nothing. The jewelry pieces I received were nicer than expected and are very pretty. I gave 4 stars instead of 5 as I don't believe the "original" prices are valid. I wish original prices would be eliminated as I feel they are a farce. I have not had to send anything back and have received all orders timely; therefore, I cannot comment on customer service.I can only say I really like what I purchased and I don't care if they are worth the original price claimed or not. I just buy what I like.

kerik6
4/23/17

Sold by on sale is one of the sellers on this website, will not send what you auctioned for.. Tophatter doesn't back you up with these nasty sellers either.. When on this website scroll down on the item you want see who the seller is.. AVOID THIS ONE.. SERIOUSLY BAD BUISNESS!

josephineh8
4/23/17

If you bid on an item & win with a low bid, you never receive the item. When you send in complaints by email, they refund you the small amount of your bid. The stuff from China takes over a month to receive & it's of poor quality. Don't ever buy clothing from China. Too small! Even larger sizes are too small & very poor quality.
No phone # for complaints. Recording comes on to leave message & no one ever calls you back.
This site is a joke & unfortunately it took me thoudands of dollars to find out!

kimberleyl3
4/22/17

I bought ring and paid 15. dollars for it plus 13 dollars in shipping. I ordered a size 7 and a half and they sent a size 6 when i asked for a refund they only refunded 8 dollars of shipping and said the return needed a tracking number. To ship it back with a tracking number it would have cost me 52 dollars. So now I am out 28 dollars and have a ring that is useless or pay 52 dollars to return it.

firstl21
4/21/17

This company lies about the materials in their products. I purchased a tennis bracelet with diamonds, instead I got a piece of silver without any diamonds in it. I reached out multiple times to Tophatter for a refund, but they refuse to return it unless I pay for the shipping back.

They fraudulently allowed the posting of a piece of jewelry, I paid for the product and the shipping and got something not advertised. Instead of offering to compensate the shipping- since the product was FRAUDULENTLY MISREPRESENTED- they keep telling me to pay the shipping. I've reported this company to the BBB. And I highly suggest no one else wastes money on a purchase here.

leonards34
4/21/17

I have ordered items from this company and and still awaiting delivery. Tried the tracking numbers with South African Post office but they say the items never arrived in S.A. I have paid these in March, should i now say good bye to my money or will i ever receive the items.

laural148
4/21/17

most things are cheap and nasty. If you can read Chinese, you will be o.k. Purchased a small tablet and it was all in Chinese and outdated by around 7 years. Also purchased a smart watch, for which I was told that no sim cards are compatible in Australia. Total waste of money. DON'T BUY.......

hildat8
4/20/17

I am very please with the earrings I bought from Global Jewelry, Coin & Currency. They are dainty and beautiful

danielb236
4/20/17

Nothing good to say about this company.... Spent quite a bit of money with this site over the last month and a half..... either items are delivered elsewhere or no respect for shipping promises.... have several claims open with this company for orders that were not delivered.... NO HELP WHATSOEVER FROM CUSTOMER SERVICE.... please wait 31 days and we will send you an email to find out if you received your item.
Managed to get 2 refunds as one order was shipped to a different province and other order was wrong item. Once I get last of my orders I'm done with Tophatter.

Please heed my warning... DON'T DEAL WITH THIS SITE

Tip for consumers: Don't even bother.

regggiet
4/20/17

I was innocent and bought several items. Not one was what was represented. The jewelry was something you might find in a Jack In The Box. Everything is cheap and not quality. They were such poor quality it wasn't worth my time to send them back. Also, it was obvious they were all from the same sender, even though they all had different return addresses. They were in the exact same cheap boxes & envelopes.

Tip for consumers: My tip is do NOT use this site.

paulk182
4/19/17

I won several auctions at a price that was apparently lower than the seller wanted, and after I won they simply refused to sell the item to me.

It is a sham!!! Watch out, they will hold the buyer to the agreement to purchase but not the seller. They don't list any minimum bids, reserves, and if you do win you can be assured it's not a bargain.

jerriek
4/18/17

Tracking numbers come up bogus, pay for items and never get them. The seller tells the admin that they have a valid tracking number, so I do not get a refund on products I paid for and never received.

I was actually having fun on this site, t
hen after I 'won' several items I sat back and started waiting on them to be delivered and some of the products were ordered the middle of March and here it is April 16 and the page is stating these products are still in processing, I try the tracking number they provided and it says Tracking does not exist. Report it to Tophatter and, because a tracking number was provided I do not qualify to receive a refund. TADA

gladysm16
4/18/17

I am very please with my order i got it in good time and the size were perfect.the ring is so beautiful i have already recommended it to my friend. yes i will continue to shop at Tophatter thank you so much.....

robertr259
4/18/17

I paid over $70 for a helicopter with camera and never got it sent to me in the mail and I asked for a refund it and not sure if I'll even get that!

deneshiaj1
4/17/17

Please do not waste your money dealing with this company. It is a rip off. The sellers are jokes... You will receive better customer service at Dollar Tree and should a seller rip you off.... Oh well. Tophatter will not do a damn thing about. I won a printer and paid for it... No problem, but the seller only sent me the cord to the printer. I contacted them minutes after receiving my order. First, they told me they couldn't help me because I contacted PayPal. Then, they saw a confirmation for delivery (duh, the seller sent me a cord. I stated that in the email) but Tophatter simply suggested that I ask my neighbors. Why would FedEx give me the cord but give the printer to my neighbors? To make matters worst... I was home when it came! Tophatter "confirmed the delivery" but they didn't pay attention to the weigh of the package. If they did... They would have noticed a printer could not fit into a small FedEx bag.. If the seller sent two packages... They would have scanned two packages. Now, I am forced to go through hell and back for a refund. Clearly, this company does not care about their customers. They will pretty much call you a liar or place the blame on anyone but themselves (FedEx guy/girl, neighbors, the gust of wind that blew your package somewhere else or the customer for being too dumb to remember their address). I overlooked the 4 fake designer rings, 5 cheap watches and 3 sad necklaces that I won. However, I will not let this slide. When I prove I was ripped off... Tophatter can suck it. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. I PROMISE YOU WILL END UP REGRETTING IT.

helena190
4/16/17

I bought four items, I am still waiting for the fourth one, which I dont want anymore. I want my money refunded. All the items are fake, more expensive than in the shops, too poor quality. Refund my money please. thank you.

cindyh107
4/15/17

great loved all the things I got so farreally love the pearls still waiting for sunflower shaped earing to come up

lindae80
4/15/17

I was charged $11.00 from Gift World for a Wireless Power Charger Charging Pad Receiver Kit for I Phone 5/5 S 6/6plus 7/7plus on April 10, 2017. When looking for my order, it was not even listed. I received an email saying that Gift World received my payment. Now where is my Wireless Power Charger? I have ordered several other products from Tophatter. Now, I'm leary of purchasing anything else.

lindaf112
4/14/17

The jewelry I've ordered is extremely poor workmanship. Rings with sharp edges, stones fall out almost immediately after buying. Several items I purchased, not just one. I bid and won a pearl necklace sold as "genuine cultured pearls". I took it to a friend who is a jeweler. He said they are definitely not "genuine cultured pearls". A bracelet I purchased was sold as a CLASSIC AQUAMARINE TENNIS BRACELET. It is not aquamarine stones at all. Most of these things are made in China, as I'm finding out. Google their name and read what real customers are saying about them.

Tip for consumers: Not worth it, shop elsewhere!!! They are friendly until you have issues with too many purchases.

rosiem19
4/13/17

Why does my jewlist say my ring purchased from your your site does not pass the test. Not real when your site describes something as genuine

sharonp93
4/13/17

I found that I sometimes get items I know I did not order...yet here they are. I do not have the original shipping packages, so what do I do with them other than gift them. There are some things I did order and did not receive-maybe the packages I ordered were swapped out for the ones I did not get? Other that the odd fluke I am happy and shop a lot.

johnp521
4/12/17

i have several orders that i did not receive and did receive refunds for them but i also have 2 outstanding orders that said it was delivered but i have not received them and was told no refund so im out the item and money too bad cause some of the stuff i got was ok and was very happy with the stuff i got so far but not happy when it says delivered when it wasent

1 rating was submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

294 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Tophatter staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question