Review of Tophatter

Tophatter reviews

Auction, Mobile Apps, Shopping
292 Lambert Avenue
Palo Alto, CA 94306, United States
10 Million Shoppers! Authenticity Guaranteed.
Join Now

michaelw368
8/20/17

5 stars for the golden treasure because it has all of the gold coins, bar, and bottle of flakes that I love!

mikeb408
8/20/17

Oversee is the seller that is selling memory that is bogus. 32gb to 128gb, all reprogrammed from 1gb memory. Do not purchase this crap, Tophatter will not protect you from their scams. They are fully aware that this seller is selling bogus crap and continue to allow him to sell it. I provided results from H2testw but they just ignored it. Buyers beware!

barrys42
8/18/17

One day I received a package for a friend, It came in a very large box and when she opened it up it looked expensive, There turns out to be issues. It seems others had issues too. She said that she paid $5 US dollars which includes delivery. They obviously lost money on this.

*****************************************************

Also know your prices. It.t hard to get get the price and then bid. The list prices are in the clouds. Sky high prices that are almost made up. Just be careful.

bernadettem13
8/17/17

2 out of 14 items I bought is good quality. I even received broken item and they want me to pay to ship it back. I am still waiting for 2 of my items and after I received those, I am done buying through them. There really is no buyers protection.

rayg66
8/16/17

Items received misrepresented even on the invoice and I was extremely disappointed when Zi received the order

elizabethd128
8/15/17

When I first saw this site I thought it was great. The saying "you get what you pay for" was never more true than this site. After receiving a few orders I realized the items just aren't really worth it. THEN..... I get a $843.39 dollar taken out of my account. It came from the same place Top Hatter is located. Trying to get my money back has been a nightmare!!! If you enjoy this site, I would suggest getting a prepaid card with only the amount of money on it that you are willing to loose. It is NOT a secure site.

edt4
8/14/17

Won two auctions for $200 each. I should have known that, seeing they were the only auctions I could find anywhere near that value, that the wins would not be filled. Yes, the items were valued at six times what the winning bid were, but that's the chance you take when you utilize an auction format. Seller never delivered either unit. Money was refunded, AFTER 30 days. All the staff could tell me was that they were shipped, based on the fact that the seller clicked on a button that said so.

alenap4
8/14/17

I have spend close to $1,500 on this web . Finely the Junk start coming in this, Month Of August / 2017. most of the Items, that I have received was junk .I am sure that most people thing they getting a good deals, like I did, because how they display the retail price For Example I was biding on a Drone, that supposedly was $675.(they displaying a retail price under the biding square), so you thing you getting a good quality product at an excellent price .I, have paid $45.00 for this junk that now I want to return. And thy will return minus $11 for shipping. This particular package I'm Refusing to accept, but I have to Pay for Postage, the postage to china will be more then the junk they sand, and how do you know what you getting if you don't open the package? What a Scam ! I'm wondering how this website can still operate.
They should be locked down.

clarancer6
8/14/17

everything I've bought has been as described, and better. couple of slow ones but good service, sheet sets really surprized us. will get more don't know how they do it,

Tip for consumers: read what your bidding on. always got what was stated.

nancyh176
8/14/17

Every package comes from China. I got a smart phone with all instructions in Chinese. A knee wrap that shows a tens unit was bogus. A tens machine itself fell apart upon opening it. A ring size 7 was so small I could not get it on my pinkie. I have a drone coming and my grandson says Walmart sells it for $18. I am awaiting a genuine tote/purse, I wait with baited breath. Ripoff site. Stay away.

jennifera178
8/12/17

I have ordered a total of 3 items with them. My first item came within 5 days and was as described. My second item took almost 3 months to receive once I did receive it it was broken. My last item which I received today took 3 months to get to me and it came with the package ripped open and nothing inside. USPS resealed it with a sticker on the outside saying it was received at their shipping facilities already opened and missing contents. I use a lot of sell apps and have never had as many problems as I have with this company. It takes forever to receive your items and once you do they are either broken or missing.

monicam99
8/12/17

Best idea for a site ive seen in a long time! Its so much fun and i love being able to get multiple items instead of one expensive one!

nancyy23
8/11/17

I just received the "gold plated" coin bar which is rough on the edges and not totally gold coated. Is the base bar silver???

martinb132
8/11/17

about 1/4 of the stuff i bought either stops working in about a 2 months witch sucks and alot of the stuff like jeulry looks really fake and on two occasions the stuff like the walkie talkie watches didn't work from the start and the drone wont work as well i'm just to busy to go to a post office to send it all back

davidm511
8/11/17

Iwant one order and it never came.tophatter said I
Should wait some times they are slow but after a long time it never came
And still never came.So I will never buy again from tophatter again

pamelab93
8/10/17

Most items I have received I have been very pleased with but the bag/purse..was rubbish. Tophatter have refunded I hope. so have no complaint to them.

innak3
8/9/17

I was upset when I won a piece of jewelry cheap but it did not go through through no fault of mine. I wonder what the rules are.

terezab2
8/9/17

Items are cheap, not as described, most things I bought will never be used, many will go in the rubbish, postage fees does not reflect packaging, all items in a box where sent in a plastic post bag and i.e. crushed boxes by the time they were delivered. Jewellery was cheap and nasty, the watch was made for a child's wrist size, the phone wallet was so cheap, could have got a local item for 1/3rd of the cost. Thought I was dealing with a reputable site. EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED

rachellea7
8/9/17

Great except sometimes the shipping ends up being more than the product. The things I purchase has been great.

renatoh
8/9/17

I have not received my order of FlexTape even after over a month. The tracking info status of in transit has not changed for 2 weeks after USPS received it from China, I can reasonably assumed it will never be delivered. Also, I have not received refunds for the defective mini-camera and bluetooth watch I returned over a month ago and confirmed delivered by USPS.

howardt26
8/8/17

Stamped 925 and turned colors on my wife in two days shorter in length than advertised. I expected a quality product. Please make changes so that other costumers have products as advertised.

charlesb186
8/8/17

Pleased with everything but the 2 watches. Had trouble with red one and the black one stopped working altogether.

jeaniem4
8/8/17

Sometimes good, sometimes not so good! I bought a flashlight & when it got here, the battery cylinder was missing... They say they can't help me???

elainew44
8/8/17

Very pleased and impressed with the staff of Tophatter. Other companies can learn so much from them.

lisam466
8/8/17

I always receive what I expected it's delivered on time and I love what I get and my family enjoy what I get them the quality is always good

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

you should have got a notice on your phone that you won the bid but my best advice to you is don't buy anything from Top Hatter all of it is junk

By jesus g. on 5/11/16
Helpful answer

It's costume jewelry unless other wise stated

By Jasmine G. on 12/26/15
Helpful answer

I filed complaints with BBB, Tophatter hasn't responded. But just don't shop there... Seller hasn't responded either.....

By elaine d. on 12/7/15
Helpful answer

Tophatter is untrustworthy please visit odz bodz.com They will be going live soon owner is very sweet and putting heart and soul into it. Most of the great sellers that used to be on Tophatter including myself will be selling.

By Robbin M. on 7/9/15
Helpful answer

Good luck! Tophatter rippes off the sellers so they are not going to be very likely to return your money.

By Jessica P. on 4/20/15
Helpful answer

Patricia My dear please don't waste your time on this site they are ripping people off left and right and notorious for blocking people on a whim. These people only care about money and have one of the worst reputations on the web. There is,a new wonderful site that is based on the wizard of Oz and has all the sellers that Tophatter chased away. The site is open for buy it now,and will soon be going live with the cutest live bidding site ever! Go to odz bodz.com Tophatter is going in the toilet where they deserve to be. Hope that helps Thanks Robbins aka..The Great Deal Diva

By Robbin M. on 6/27/15

All mine were new.

By Margie m. on 4/12/15
Helpful answer

If you end up buying a few items from the same seller they can do a combined shipment but you rarely get the same buyer items since they only let the sellers sell 10 items a day. It is different for the sellers that have their own auctions.

By Barbara C. on 1/8/16
Helpful answer

You want a real auction with great sellers and everything go to odz bodz and have fun...the owner is really sweet

By Robbin M. on 12/18/15
Helpful answer

Depends on what you are selling. Yes, a lot of items go unsold in the jewelry and accessories categories.....as well as others. Coach and Michael Kors and other designer brands, not much goes unsold, because here's the catch - - you pay fees on the starting bid. TH wants everything to start at $1. So you get punished if you start higher as to not get screwed by a low purchase price. Say you buy a designer bag for $120. If you start that bag at $100, you're already paying over $10 in fees. **IF** you can manage to sell it for a profit, there are still the commission and bank fees. If you start it at $1, you're barely paying any listing fees but it might only sell for $80 (or less!). So, less fees, but you lost your ass on the item. It's messed up. Most sellers have put in their time to see if they can make a profit or to see if TH will change, but they all seem to end up leaving. I'm convinced the only ones who stay to sell there are the counterfeit or crappy quality sellers who are buying items for next to nothing, because that seems to be the only way to make a profit there these days. I would go the ebay route if you're looking to sell.

By papa p. on 2/29/12
Questions? Get answers from the Tophatter staff and other customers.

16 Photos for Tophatter