Review of Tophatter

2025 reviews
Auction, Mobile Apps, Shopping
292 Lambert Avenue
Palo Alto, CA 94306, United States
10 Million Shoppers! Authenticity Guaranteed.
Join Now

kennethw75
6/25/17

I was really enjoying your auction and bought a lot of things. One night I was told to stop and was kicked off the auction for 24 hours. I have been told by your people that it was my credit card - they weren't accepting any more purchases. That was a lie, I called Master Card and said it was not them that it must be the Tophatter people. Regardless you can take your
business for someone else.

gracem88
6/25/17

The things you sell are a fake and I'm not ordering anything else.Two rings you sent was smashed and can't wear them.

cyrilc19
6/25/17

bought over 18 items. all but one were junk!! Most came from china and took forever to arrive Found some of the same items at My local $store cheeper and no shipping charg !!

judyg56
6/25/17

I bid and won a rare, extra large Coach bag What I received was a little coin purse - y problem is with MereJen Hardy of Paradise, Texas and I really hate that I live in Texas and would like to think that all Texans are honest and up standing but this lady is a scam artist and I am sorry to say I fell for the bid. Be very careful bidders

donw63
6/25/17

I purchased this item on May 26th. The expected delivery date was June 20th. The Tracking Number shows no activity as of Today June 23rd. I contacted Tophatter customer service and received the following automated response:
JUN 21, 2017 | 03:41PM PDT
Abid replied:

Hi Harold,

Thank you for writing to us. Ive reviewed the details in your account for Order #: 28470396.

This item is still on its way to you.

Please note, orders shipping to you from outside of your home country may take longer to arrive and may not show tracking updates.

Rest assured, you are covered by Buyer Protection against non-delivery if tracking does not update to show this was delivered to the address you provided at the time of payment.

For items that have not been confirmed delivered to the address provided through a valid tracking number, if 60 days have passed from the shipment date and you indicate you have not received the item, we will process a full refund.

For details of this policy, please visit the FAQ: What if I havent received my item

Abid

This is the second item that I have messaged them about. the other item arrived after 56 days had elapsed. Very POOR customer service and Automated responses. After I receive this item, or get a refund I WILL close My account with them.

myrac7
6/24/17

I really enjoy getting on top Hatter I've gotten a lot of great deals on there and would recommend it to many people

debih8
6/24/17

Order was shipped out in a timely manner and I enjoyed giving the products to the people who I ordered the products for.

kristam23
6/24/17

Ordered a drone for my son that said it was worth over $1200. It was a cheap plastic piece of junk. I tried to return it but it would have cost $57 just for the shipping. This site is a scam! They know you won't return things due to the cost because they require a tracking number so they just keep sending garbage.

rosemaryb18
6/23/17

Most of the items sold on this site are grossly misrepresented.
Most of the sellers are overseas, and do not abide by Tophatters return and refund policies, so if you buy something that turns out to be fake, there is little you can do to get your money back.

I spent a lot of money paying return shipping to china and still no refund.

ritap26
6/23/17

I got 1 package that came empty. Charged $ 78.00 for a MP Player I did NOT order. I don't even know what you do with the player. Got 2 emails from Pay Pal my mailing address had been changed to somewhere on the other side of the USA. I requested NO such thing. To many strange and weird things are going on with my last order and I am NOT happy in any shape or form. I am MORE than upset. This is ridiculous !!!!! Most items are quite cheap in quality but some are O.K. I'm quite angry over this last $78.00 for something I did NOT order. This is no way to run ANY business. Are employees taking my information and taking the monies out of my account and shipping things elsewhere?

susanm318
6/22/17

Most of my items are very nice thank you. One of the items did not work the one that is supposed to light up the bathtub for kids it doesn't work no big deal though thank you. Cost more to ship it back then I paid for it.

carolineb52
6/22/17

I ordered an item back on May 15th and i still have not received it.The only response I get from Top Hatter is check with the post office Everything else I ordered arrived but not the very first item . I am very disappointed as I have been recommending this site to all my friends. I don't know how to trust them if they're just going to take my money and not give me any product.

lindaj127
6/21/17

I didn't do my research until after I purchased the merchandise. Everything I purshased cost me more than the actual price. Felt like a dummy. Its a scam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

elizabetha95
6/21/17

very nice and would order again, I would tell anyone to order from this person. have told lots of people about it and hope they order to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

marilynw34
6/20/17

Most everything from Tophatter is well worth the money. The items shown are interesting and the watches are so unique.

neilh52
6/20/17

have had a large number of items NOT turn up and have to wait 60 days to get refund, NOT HAPPY with this site nor its refund policy

elainep29
6/20/17

There have only been approximately 6 occasions when I have been disappointed with the jewellery I.e. plastic gems instead of glass, wrong colours sent without consultation and items not true to size in clothing.
Generally I am very pleased with the majority of items I have bid for.

joanneo14
6/20/17

Easy shopping and great delivery times.
So far the items I bought have been what I saw on the picture.

shirleym85
6/20/17

I don't remember ordering it, and can't understand my doing it, as I always wear long chains, ...... but it is such a rare occurrence when I am not completely satisfied, I am just copping this one!

pamelar51
6/20/17

Shipping takes forever for some items. Descriptions vague and proportions unclear. Prices are uneven also. Oftern for some items you can buy them much cheaper on Amazon.

cliffh30
6/20/17

i have found a different app it is the same as tophatter
the app that i like now it is called dollar start they have free shipping

darrinm10
6/19/17

Some items are nice but most are made in China and are very very cheap quality. The bidding is fun the waiting on shipping sucks sometimes, although it's a thrill to finally receive orders and can be great fun to test some of the products out.

josefinat1
6/19/17

TOPHATTER es un sistema de subastas totalmente fiable, en el cual solamente pagas si te adjudican el objeto subastado.

phyllisd12
6/19/17

Hello this is the second time I've bought what was supposed to be 14 karat gold platinum jewelry from Top Hatter and it's a second time I was sent fake jewelry I'm getting tired of it if anybody here is interested and going in on a class action lawsuit with me against tophatter please email me pmdgems1@msn.com they can't be allowed to keep getting away with this, this is out of control, I've read so many complaints about the same thing them selling fake things fake Electronics fake jewelry fake clothes and fake pocketbooks fake perfume fake everything please get in touch with me.

now28
6/18/17

Anyone thinking your getting a good deal research before you buy, you will see that items are far less on ebay or amazon you can tell they buy bulk crap to rip off the innocent. This company is gay af and they are scammers I referred a friend and never received my credit.

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

361 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Tophatter staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
on 4/12/15
on 11/1/15
on 1/8/16
Answer
Questions? Get answers from the Tophatter staff and other customers.

16 Photos for Tophatter