US Government’s NSF

54%
Categories: Auction, Mobile Apps, Shopping
292 Lambert Avenue
Palo Alto, CA 94306, United States
10 Million Shoppers! Authenticity Guaranteed.
Join Now

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

debc32
1/21/17

First off, I'd like to say that I have had nothing but positive results when dealing with customer service. I have not been ignored, not once. I don't understand all this negative rating of not being able to reach anyone at Tophatter. That said, there are some very very bad things that 'BUYERS" should "BEWARE". My biggest complaint is the size of the items. When you bid on designer perfume or cologne, you end up paying for a tiny sample bottle. Buyer read the amount you are receiving before bidding!! Can't stress that enough. The pictures of the jewelry are huge, however, the jewelery is very small in comparison. Especially chains...not so much rings. My next complaint is if you give a 4 star or lower review on a product, no one every sees it. They only allow buyers to see 5 star reviews, that is, if you can find the reviews. They are way down the bottom of the home site, you have to find "Tophatter Reviews" and click it on. Listen buyers/bidders, please be aware of the exact size and/or amount before bidding. You know those 3D night lights? I got one. It is a piece of acrylic not more than 6" high and it is flat. When you put it in the base, yes, it does light up, but does not look 3D. The picture of the item on the website is completely deceiving, and they have gotten some pretty high bids for these 3D lights.

marilynb55
1/21/17

The bracelet is very nice. I only think that the price shown of over $1500. is not accurate, since I own two Pandora bracelets filled with beads and I know I did not pay over $1500. for them both.

shailus1
1/20/17

I ordered Earings from tophatter and I didn't receive yet.. they said it was delivered. I do not see anything in my mailbox.

liac6
1/20/17

Worst thing to come out of Palo Alto since Ted Bundy. If you're going to buy cheap items from China, use eBay. Much faster, reliable, save the gimmick of the auction. Two thumbs down.

kathyk82
1/19/17

Bought 4 items and everything I bought is of low quality
The cat necklace :The "turquoise is almost grey and has zero turquoise color to it"
The other two necklaces the chains are cheap and obviously not even heavy metal. Just terrible.
The bluetooth speaker is HORRIBLE. It screams at you when you turn it on, speaks in broken english, and then screams at you when you turn it off. There is no interface, and the bass is super high while the treble is low. This makes it impossible to hear in the shower without hurting your ears. Wishing I had never spent a penny at Tophatter. BONUS everything takes nearly a month to arrive. Are you kidding me?

diannas11
1/18/17

Love, love, love the ring. Always love to get the get the package in the mail. Pictures never give the treasures justice!

kathyc117
1/17/17

ANYBODY ELSE HAVING PROBLEMS RECEIVING ITMES? I ORDERED MINE A MONTH AGO AND STILL HAV'NT RECEIVEDIT.THEY TOOK MY MONEY THE VERY NEXT DAY. I CONTACTED THEM 3 WEEKS AGO AND STILL HAV'NT GOTTEN THE ITEM OR MY MONEY :(

sues122
1/16/17

Good luck! If you enjoy getting screwed by seller, receive the wrong product- cheap or damaged goods- and don't get a refund, then try this nightmare!
The chances of this going from winning bid-paying-and receiving the product like it looked in the photo is slim to none!

sharik10
1/16/17

Has been a good experience. Saved a lot of time shopping during the holidays. Your satisfied customer policy is terrific and I've never had any issues.

mistym18
1/14/17

I bought several items off tophatter. All was going good until I didn't receive the most expensive thing I bought. I opened a case after not receiving my item and tracking showing it was stuck or lost in same place nearly a month. Tophatter sent me this email with links to click one for received item or one for didn't receive item. Everytime I clicked on did not receive it brought me straight to the tophatter bidding site. I tried numerous times as well as several messages explaining how it wasn't working. Yet they closed my case, refused refund saying I did not respond. It's a joke. No phone number to contact them. This is one site I would recommend people to stay away from unless you have money to just give to people. It's a scam and fraud. Sure some sellers are great, sends your items, but it's a gamble. If people can get away with scamming you and not sending items correctly, why would they stop. Tophatter let's them get away with it because the only pockets they care about are their own. STAY AWAY FROM TOPHATTER.

brendat7
1/14/17

My experience with TopHatter is up and down. I started bidding and got things I have been wanting for a long time. I started with a cheap item to see how it worked, decided I didnt want it so I cancelled it before they processed it. I ordered about 4 more items, then I cancelled 2 more items because I was getting hooked. At that time they suspended my bidding for a week. Which I was glad, its only fair if you are bidding against someone, win the bid and then cancel! Thats not right.
Before you bid, research items and see how much you should limit yourself for that item. I go to the no shipping tab and click on the heart of an item (you will see when you visit the site) when the item is coming up for bid, they text you ahead of time. If an item is not on free shipping, check out the shipping amount, some of them are very high.
I did have to return an item that was damaged. I requested a refund and immediately they emailed a return postage paid sticker. As soon as I took the item to the post office, they refunded the whole amount.
Some of your items will be fast shipping, however, most are coming from China which takes about a month. Be patient. The reason you get items cheaper is TopHatter works with them. Items that are in our stores, have a starting bid of $1.00 (from China) same product. Just dont get caught up in a bidding war with someone!
Have fun, but bid smart.

celiar4
1/13/17

I love the opportunity to bid on great buys. I am thrilled for the opportunity.
Thank you for a wonderful service.

georginae2
1/13/17

DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY -THEY WILL NOT DO ANYTHING IF PRODUCT IS MARKED DELIVERED. I purchased a a lighting product from them not thru bid but outright purchased it on November 16th. Expected delivery date was Dec 13....never got it. Then on January 3rd it was marked delivered. I never received the product. Contacted customer support several times asking where my product was, they write me that their hands are tied because it has been marked delivered. I have asked for refund as well and they will not issue it.

johna604
1/13/17

You can not speak to anyone about the site or problems you have, you have no say, I received a broken watch and they want me to pay to return it. Items say they have tracking but does not show,

nancyl121
1/13/17

I HAVE CONTACTED TOPHATTER A VERY FEW TIME AND HAVE NOT GOTTEN A RESPONSE. WHAT i HAVE GOTTEN i HAVE BEEN VERY HAPPY WITH.

mariep41
1/13/17

I really love all the merchandise: Beautiful and the prices are excellent!!!!
The shipping os súper and delivery is fast!!!!
So far I bought about $350.00 in less than 3 weeks.
The only problem that I encounter is trying to leave feedback, and also trying to contact
Customer Service.

starv3
1/13/17

Many of the products I bought before Christmas have yet to arrive. The ones that did come, a good majority were trash. Poorly made, broken, ugly, or just cheap knock offs. The stuff that came on time and beautiful are what keep me coming back. But I can honestly say that I am getting more bad than good items. I'm disappointed. I loved Tophatter.

sandray11
1/13/17

The site makes it very simple to bid. It is easy to understand. It changes items quickly so things are always moving along. I like it very much.

marilynk13
1/12/17

The clothing and the small items have been great, except for the curling iron that did not work and most disappointing is the jewelry I ordered. The first ring I received I received a credit as the actual ring did not look like the picture. I have just received another ring and it is so huge I can't even wear as I have small hands. I am going to try to return this ring as it is much too big for me. I am hoping the other jewelry items I ordered will not be so disappointing. In summary it is my opinion that clothing and misc. items are great but the "jewelry" especially rings are such a huge disappointment. Thank you.

susans290
1/12/17

As long as you read what you are buying, you'll be fine. Excellent return policy if you aren't satsfied with your purchase.

ivas1
1/12/17

Shopping with Tophatter is always a fun, easy, and delightful experience. The entire e-setup gets 5 out of 5 stars. Bidding appears to be a fair process which is strictly about selling the product to the highest bidder.

opalm1
1/12/17

I found this site to be very efficient and hassle free.It has become a daily habit for me to visit this site at least 10 times a day. Love it!!

holliep1
1/12/17

I got a good price and it was very easy. I am very pleased with delivery.I got my order very quickly.

juang72
1/12/17

Always have good stuff for good prices.yhe delivers are always on time if not early. Keep up the good work guys

lindat124
1/12/17

Competely satisived with every thing. I didn't get the marlin Monroe watch, I thought I bought it, but never received it. Every thing else came soon after I ordered it and I was very happy with every thing.

1 rating was submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

183 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Tophatter staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question