US Government’s NSF

58%
Categories: Auction, Mobile Apps, Shopping
292 Lambert Avenue
Palo Alto, CA 94306, United States
10 Million Shoppers! Authenticity Guaranteed.
Join Now

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

pamk27
2/21/17

I bid on drop earrings, I won and was excited!!

There wasn't an option to choose silver or gold so I couldn't pay.
Tophatter said they resolved this w seller.
I was told to cancel, it wouldn't be held against me, just cancel. Then I'd be all set. Wrong...
I wasn't given correct guidance.

I tried...but I rec'd a warning stating if I cancel I cannot bid for 7 days.

This is completely frustrating and disappointing. I thought I found a fun place to be...
Not negative.

I am a new customer...about to leave Tophatter.

Good luck...careful what moves you make. It is held against you.

stephenm128
2/20/17

WHY YOU CANT BUY ON TOPHATTER

TOPHATTER charges the highest fees of any retail selling platform. Seller can pay up to 35% of the selling price to TOPHATTER and on top of that they take a piece of the shipping fees too. TOPHATTER'S selling fees can be (3) times higher then the industry standard. (eBay, Amazon, Bonanza, ESTY, et al) The buyer has eventually eat these fees in the form of higher prices (much higher) then they could buy them on other selling platforms. Example, a very good selling product on TOPHATTER is a wrist arm blood pressure monitor, which usually sells for $30.00 or more. with shipping. There are many different bands for this product but the one I am talking about is the very same one sold on eBay for $19.00 with free shipping and on Amazon for about the same price. Ladys fashion jewelry is a big seller on TOPHATTER, and a $1.40 women ring that you can by on Aliexpress, with free shipping is sold on average for over $20.00 with shipping on TOPHATTER. The buyer is caught up in the excitement of the auction and do they pay for it. The vast majority of Complaints filed against TOPHATTER, is that the site sells a vast amount of junk products to the American Public. The site is controlled by Chinese Sellers , the site is controlled by Chinese Sellers, and when a buyer wants to return the ring she bought, because the stones started to fall out the day she put it on her finger she finds out that has to to pay the return shipping to China and a 3 ounce ring will cost her $25.00 to return, more then she paid for it. Understand TOPHATTER WILL NOT AID IN ANY BUYER CUSTOMER SERVICE nor FOR SELLERS EITHER, IN TRYING TO HELP SOLVE A PROBLEM. What kind of company has no phone number for Customer Service, one that does not want to talk to you, or that gives a dam. Sure you can email them and get a canned pitched response from imaginary Miss Sue, that will never address your issue or solve your problem. Never buy from a Chinese seller on this site, they will not or can not respond to your email, and if by chance they do respond, their pigeon English is incomprehensible, perhaps it is meant to be that way. The Chinese sellers are generating the vast amount of sales on this site and TOPHATTER is in no way going to kill the goose that lays their golden egg. I sell on eBay, Amazon and on TOPHAATER, my profit is 2 and ½ greater on TOPHATTER then on the other two sites. Will this statement by me hurt my TOPHATERR sales, absolutely not, stupid people keep doing the same stupid things, and anyone who buys on TOPHATTER is stupid.

teresad31
2/19/17

Have ordered a lot of merchandise and so far have no complaints. Some things take longer to arrive than stated. Still waiting for merchandise I ordered in January.

jackies77
2/19/17

Not very happy. Doesn't look anything thing like I order. I understand that I only paid $ 11.00 total but I could of had 3 very happy Grandkids and the GUMBALL MACHINES. Will never order again from them. I would like a refund!!!

kathryno14
2/18/17

I have tried more than5 times to get someone to respond to my request for a refund...or at least a credit..BUT no response!! I received a ring that after wearing it for a week wound up turning a horrible color...returned it, but still haven't heard a word back. I also received a ring in which I ordered a sz. 5 but was in fact larger than a 5...again sent it back as instructed, and NO response to my numerous requests for a refund or at least a credit. I also purchased a lovely bracelet with stones around it...wore it one evening, when I took it off, I noticed that 4 of the stones fell out..again no response. The same sizing discrepancy happened with another ring...sent it back and yet again crickets!! Also all these items were returned in a timely fashioned, and they say they weren't(another scam)So bottom line, they have the returned items,and my MONEY$$$$...I would love it if they would step up to the plate and show some sort of customer service, and make it right...I want my money back!!There is only enough room to enter one item #...and there is more than one item I want fixed. I will see how this goes before I order anything else....so sad!

lesleyh17
2/18/17

Item did not arrive. Tracking information said it had been delivered and signed for, not to me and not by me.

Contacted customer service who obviously didn't read anything I had written and said they could no nothing as it had been delivered. Suggested I claimed against the Post Office. Only the sender can claim.

Opened a case, explained again that neither myself not my neighbours had received or signed for the item.

Heard back yesterday that as the item has been delivered and signed for they have closed the case - oh and here's a $5 store credit.

It doesn't seem that they have bothered to check the signature, which will not be mine, all they keep saying is that it has been delivered and signed for. I repeat, not to me and not by me.

There is no telephone number for complaints and they obviously don't read emails properly or at all.

If there was a zero star option I would use it.

kathyh106
2/17/17

Found out the hard way that if you don't like something and want to return it you can't.

Their policy states that they will send you an email when you request a return. The email is supposed to give you info to return. They did not send me emails. Then when I sent an email regarding this issue twice they did not respond. Their policy states that will reply in 24 hrs. There is no phone number to contact them. I have not heard from them at all. Will not order again.

Tip for consumers: review the item details before you bid to avoid return issues.

debbiep84
2/13/17

I could not believe i won it Its for my daughter i law I was not sure if this was real or scam .But the purse showed up as promise and i was so happy Thank you

heatherp6
2/13/17

I bought a ring in early January. It looked nice but took a while to arrive from China. I wore it today for the first time and noticed four of the small stones had fallen out. I inspected it when it arrived and it was intact. It can't be worn now and the 30 days is up tomorrow. Besides, the cost to ship it back to China with a tracking number is prohibited. I will not buy from this seller again and since I have a hard time getting on to Tophatters website to sign in, I probably won't buy period. Fun while it lasted.

jamesb484
2/12/17

You are a FRAUD. Sent me broken items and wanted me to pay to ship it to China. WRONG. I filed a complaint to BBB.

patriciad103
2/12/17

I agree 2 of the items which I purchased that were both delivered to another address, I was given a refund, After I complained, obviously the sellers do not write in the correct address. How can a product be delivered to California when it should have been delivered to Florida, doesn't make any sense to me.

judithw31
2/11/17

I pd for a pr of shoes Early Jan, site said pending ? So i got refunded today Feb 9th. waste of time.

arleneg7
2/10/17

I learned the hard way that not only were the prices more than I would pay on Amazon, on Lightinabox or on Rosegal, for the same items, but when I didn't get my item by the date they stipulated, I put in for a refund only to have them scramble and then ship out my item. I repeat...'DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY'!!!

Tip for consumers: The site is attempting to right a wrong. They have applied credits to my account in order that I might purchase again. I am wary...but I will give them another chance.

ct87
2/8/17

I am an eBay power seller and decided to try Add to dictionary as a buyer, my experience with tophatter and the sellers I have dealt with was and is great. You have to look at the shipping times - 10 days and under, usually U.S. sellers. Over 10+ days, usually over seas sellers. I have bought 100+ items from U.S. sellers and from over seas sellers - every item I have bought has arrived in the specified time frame. Time of day is important too if you buy or sell, you want to sell your items in the early evening when more people are online and home from work. If your looking for great deals, buy in the middle of the night when people are sleeping, less bidders on. Hope this info helps. I think it is a great site for finding some good deals.

nickp67
2/6/17

So these scam artist give you $5 off your first purchase with no expiration on the offer. When I go to buy something and ask how do I redeem the five bucks off they tell me its expired and instead give me 2 bucks off. B.S. this is false advertising

tracil13
2/5/17

I purchased a number of items in late December/Early January. Some of the jewelry is nice costume jewelry. One ring looks really cheap and I'll never wear it, but the cost of shipping it back to China is prohibitive.

Electronic and tech gadgets that I bought are not branded, the instructions are in blurry 4 point font and completely useless. Today I spent $13 to return a $36 smart watch that I was unable to do anything with because I couldn't figure out the make/model. It cost $4 to ship to me. Just not worth the bother.

3 items I ordered and paid for in late December have never arrived. I requested refunds and was told they had to ship them again. I don't want them shipped again, I want my money back. It is cost prohibitive to return ship to China. I've requested refunds several times and yesterday I filed claims with Paypal requesting refunds, since Tophatter is giving me the runaround.

At first the site was kind of fun. But not anymore. I hope to get my refunds for the 3 items that I never received, the one item I sent back to China and the item I paid $90 for that can be purchased elsewhere for $40. That one was returned to California. Just be aware of the possible pitfalls when dealing with Tophatter.

almedam
2/5/17

I love the way tophatter keeps me informed of where my package is at and when I will receive my package right down to letting me know if in my mail box

johnnies25
2/5/17

Tophatter is a big ripoff they will not honor it when you win it cheep please don't use this app i warn you

rhondas55
2/3/17

I won a bid a few nights back and actually felt great because I won at a very low price paid the seller for my product waited a few days for the guy to cancel my order and state out of stock he took down for less that twenty four hours and the re posted so plainly he did not accept the winning bid and is a real piece of work because as a business owner myself I know that when things are out of stock they do not appear in twenty four hours or less and especially rare coins and gold bars

doreenw9
2/3/17

Pleasant and will shop again. I don't think I can think up one hundred words for this review. That is just too many as I have only been at the site one time. But I would very much like to visit again and take a good look around when I have time. I am actually running out of things to say, so I suppose I'l just keep ranting on and on and on and on and on and on and on for as long as I possibly can. Shall I keep on ranting on and on and on and on and on and on??? This is getting on my nerves and if this isn't enough words, then maybe I will rate this site much differently.
Thank you in advance for all this fun

karinr3
2/1/17

I had bought a few items with no problems but then the next few items I bought kept being cancelled. Upon tediously slow inquiry with Tophatter, they say my credit/debit card needed to be registered. I've never heard of having to do this any where before on any site. I expect that as I had cash avail on my card that it should be accepted & not rejected.
Now I can no longer buy from Tophatter as I have no clue as to registering a perfectly good & useable credit/debit card. Poor form Tophatter!!!

marshallb17
2/1/17

Their are to many.My wife likes for Me to play around ,Just bidding on things. I enjoy it also .Keep the site open. Thank You

daves225
1/31/17

Always use a credit card to buy. Then if you are not happy with seller or item then call your crefit card company. THEY WILL GET YOUR REFUND FOR YOU!!

breannaw6
1/31/17

Fun and easy to use. Loads of great products at good prices. Would definitely recommend to others.
Will for sure revisit the site when I am looking for jewelry.

colleens38
1/31/17

I ordered a watch and it was too big. Notified the seller and they refunded me immediately! I was shocked, no questioned asked! I will continue to purchase from this site!

1 rating was submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

214 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Tophatter staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
debrad29
Debra D.
1 day, 22 hours ago
Answer
jimj113
Jim j.
A: LOL NO IT IS NOT I HAVE LAUGHED AT THE PRICES THEY SAY IT COSTS AND WHAT A GREAT DISCOUNT YOU ARE GETTING STARTED TO BUY FROM HERE AND DECIDED NOT TOO CHEAP JUNK IS WHAT IS BEING SOLD DONT FALL FOR THIS SITE
15 hours ago