US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

formerl
9/24/16

Most of the items come from China. Takes weeks to get to you. No way to see where item originates from til after it is shipped, no way to see specific seller ratings. Got a pair of earrings that were PLASTIC!!!

randyk30
9/24/16

My wife looked at three items. Next thing we know, all three items were charged to us. Stay away from this website.

lupitag
9/23/16

I don't understand all the bad reviews, I have recently just started using this site and purchased some nice jewelry on here and received every one so far. Some things take awhile as it is shipped from China but overall I'm very satisfied.

israelc14
9/22/16

Register free at https://thelandofodz.com

cindyg42
9/20/16

I have bought at least 12-15 items. They are as beautiful as I hoped they would be. Come on, I don't think everyone has the finances to want to afford the real stuff.

lorim74
9/20/16

Thought it was fun until I ordered from a couple horrible sellers. They immediately "create" a shipping label but never send item. Have rcvd 2 refunds for non-shipment and have a dispute in with Paypal now for an item that I paid for on 9/2 and never received. If you use this site make sure you pay with Paypal so you are protected.

michelleh30
9/19/16

I purchased a green Dell laptop for my son, mainly because his favorite color is green. I received a black laptop thrown in a prioroty box with generic cords. The computer was covered in adhesive. I attempted to request a refund. Seller does not give refunds, therefore I cannot request. I went through the Tophatter customer service to report the item and went on to explain that it was grossly misrepresented. I was sent an automatically generated response telling me to wait 48 hours. That was a week ago. I have since contacted them three times regarding this topic. No response. I also had bid on a bracelet. I won the bid. I received an invoice for a ring. I have sent four messages to try and resolve this matter. I was of course was unable to bid on another item until the "ring" was paid for. That was actually a blessing in disguise. I simply looked on Tophatter to see if there was anything that I was interested in. I wrote down the items and their cost. I then checked ebay, Google and Amazon. Found the $16 dollar earring on EBay for 2.00 with free shipping. Will be contacting attorney to see what can be done about this situation. Ebay was never known for good customer service, but at least purchases are backed and protected. 15 years on eBay and I have only had to contact them 2 times. I guess I will stick to Ebay and Amazon. Oh, as for fragrances, which seem to be the only actual deals on Tophatter, try fragrancenet. Killer prices on designer fragrances. All Tophatter users, proceed with caution and good luck.

jessl46
9/18/16

I have only ordered from here twice but I received both of my items within a week and both were as expected. The first item I ordered was an Android watch that I got for $15 but with the $5 towards your first order I only paid $10. Works great and looks great. Then I ordered a color changed light bulb with a remote that I got for $7 and that works great as well. I will continue to use the site unless I encounter an issue like some of the reviews I've read and I then will update here. I think a lot of the negative reviews are just because people don't read what they are actually buying.

dpnyp
9/17/16

I ordered a cushion-cut aquamarine ring. It took only 5 days to receive and it is beautiful!! Sure, it is gold-plated 3X but what do you expect for the price! Only time will tell if the plating will last. A bit big, but I'm wearing it on my index finger and it fits OK there (my fault when ordering.) I ordered this ring before I read these scary reviews but everything turned out alright for me! Will consider bidding again!

alicep39
9/16/16

I ordered an Android Watch, and never received it. Customer service said I could get a refund only if I returned the item....which I can't because I NEVER RECEIVED IT! The tracking number provided resolves to "No Item Found With That Tracking Number."

I have no recourse. Do not buy from Tophatter....you may or may not get what you paid for or get anything at all.

claudinej1
9/15/16

BUYER BEWARE! This company rips you off. Their merchandise is made to look way different on line then what you get. I bought a ring and could not get a refund or instructions to return it. Plus shipping to China is outrageous. Do not order from this company!!!!!

henryc80
9/14/16

is no way to tell where your item is coming from even after purchase about a three-week wait for delivery

janetl41
9/14/16

Rip off!! Steal your money! Give you what you DID NOT ORDER!! NOT RETURNING INFORMATION!!! IGNORE YOUR COMMENTS!! HORRIBLE COMPANY. THIEVES!!!! EVERYONE REPORT THESE shysters to the better business Bureau!

marym383
9/11/16

I bid on a smart watch and paid immediately. Bad new is..I never received the watch. To make matters worse, in spite of more emails than I can count, I never received even one reply from customer service. There was no way I could trace my order as it was marked "Untraceable". I would definitely never bid or order from them again.

Tip for consumers: DON"T USE THIS SITE>

janea44
9/10/16

I have bought probably a dozen rings via bidding, out of those maybe one was really cheap and dime store looking, while the rest I wear and am proud to wear. In fact I get lots of compliments on my rings and people ask me where I got them. Some of them took some time to get to me while others arrived in 3 to 5 days. Regardless, if you read the descriptions the majority of the items are plated, not solid. It's a great costume jewelry site. If you're looking for "Jared's" jewelry you're not going to get it with starting bids at $1 use your heads.

debj13
9/8/16

I just bought my first 2 items on Tophatter. Then I read all these bad reviews and all I can say is I really hope all goes well. Looking forward to seeing my items. Hope to post a great review soon for both items.

henriettaj1
9/6/16

STUPID ME, SAW THE SIGHT AND JUST STARTED BIDDING, THE STUFF SENT WAS DOLLAR STORE ITEMS. TOTALLY DISAPPOINTED, FEELING FOOLISH FOR WASTING MY MONEY.

carries57
9/6/16

I ordered more than 30 items...dumb, dumb. Most items are cheap knock-offs from China; many did not work, fell apart, not even close as described... Forget trying to get items returned and refunds. Most of time (95%), just does not happen. Communication takes so long, time runs out; then receive messages such as: did not respond in time, seller does not take return (even when they do not work)!! Scam.

cindyf28
9/4/16

So far I have received all items I bought Most of the jewelry is very cheap even though tophatter claims its worth more and I mean lots more !!!! Ebay has some of these chinese sellers but at least the price is more in the neighborhood of what its worth plus you get free shipping. Every item just about has a tacked on shipping fee which is around 5-6 dollars. So if you win an auction then pay for shipping then you are probably paying more then the item is worth.Even the shipping is crappy. Most items came cracked because there was no bubble wrap just lots of tape.Dented boxes and ripped paper almost every time. Tophatter should not allow this. One item did not arrive and I did contact their customer service via email. I must say I was impressed on how fast they responded back to me and gave me a full refund with no questions asked .
This site is fun to bid and watch the live auctions but tophatter needs to clean up few major faults like shipping costs, overstating actual costs of product, better quality and decent packaging for shipping

lindal210
8/28/16

I won a bis on a bracelet and it was cancelled. At first they said wrong color. I said no it wasn't. They changed it to other. I've asked numerous times why it was cancelled. No answer. I'll not order from them again

robinl72
8/27/16

I have 3 things that have not been delivered, that came from China.. Basically top hatters said, they will not stand behind the sale and I have to hunt down the products... And file a claim with Ups.....I have one outstanding order, I paid on the 12 of August and it still has not been shipped!

joanneo7
8/25/16

So far, everything I've ordered has arrived on time, and although probably not anywhere near the MSRP, the earrings and bracelets I ordered are cool. I like inexpensive, funky jewelry, so I am pleased. I was leary at first, after noticing some items were sent from China. So far, no unauthorized charges on my card.

ketah1
8/25/16

I ordered 2 large pictures from Collection Room. The next day I ordered 2 and asked for a refund for one of the 2. It was denied. They claimed they closed out the ticket. Within 2 hours. Bull! Then on top of that my privileges to bid were denied for 24 hours. That's fine because after I get my other things I am deleting the app off my phone. Very shady company.

kerris7
8/24/16

I joined Tophatter back in 2013 and I loved it. It was small, animated avatars would jump up and down when you submitted your bid - it was fun. Bottom line - it was FUN! Now - it's a hot mess. Change after change has been made and not in the positive direction at all. Now everything is all jumbled up and there are no auction rooms - it's a free for all. No more avatars. They used to monitor the items being sold and would stop you from re-selling fake stuff from China. Not any more. Do yourself a favor folks - and stay away! Because customer service now? hahahha! Yeah - right. Total joke. I used to buy and sell on here - but then I was 'banned'. Am I sore about it? Nope. Why was I banned? .... because I made a comment on the bulletin board (available only to Sellers) that everything has gone right down the toilet with their changes and I'm just hanging around to watch the train wreck. For that - they banned me. I continued to complain, just to make sure they knew that I didn't violate any of their 'rules', that they just didn't like that I was exposing them for what they were.... The owner of the site - has taken other on-line, e-commerce sites and maximized profits and then BOOM - declares bankruptcy and runs away with your money. I warned others that they need to research and arm themselves with information. Be forewarned ... if you get the wrong item. Good luck getting it fixed. Good luck getting an answer. Good luck period. If you've had excellent experiences ... pat yourself on the back. You're a lucky one! I used to purchase soo much stuff from them!! I mean... a LOT of stuff. Now - I've taken my business elsewhere. Their loss. Thanks for the memories.

marthar36
8/24/16

the earrings are beautiful..I received them earlier than estimated date of arrival.. the merchandise is always of great quality.., Love shopping on this site. Have recommended it to friends.

1 rating was submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

127 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Tophatter staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question