Review of Tophatter

Tophatter reviews

185 Berry Street
San Francisco, CA 94107, United States
10 Million Shoppers! Authenticity Guaranteed.
Join Now

debral56
10/20/17

YOU HAVE DELIVERED 2 CAMERAS THAT I ORDERED. I HAVE NOT RECEIVED EITHER OF THEM !!!!!!! I INTEND TO REPORT TOPHATTER TO THE BBB AND OTHERS! THERE IS NO PHONE NUMBER TO CONTACT YOU, THEREFORE I WILL NEVER ORDER FROM YOU AGAIN AND WILL LET OTHERS KNOW!

kathiw2
10/20/17

I love Tophatter! The prices are amazing & the deals are fabulous! Please read the entire description on an item before deciding to bid. You want to be fully aware of size & colors available before bidding. I've gotten some beautiful Sterling silver jewelry on here! The inside/outside earrings I bought are beautiful & I paid much less for them here (including shipping) than you pay for them ON SALE somewhere else! You can't beat the prices for deep pocket queen & king size sheet sets of this quality. They are so soft right out of the package & get softer with every wash without losing substance or getting thinner (not all sheet sets have deep pockets unless specifically stated). I have purchased some very fine quality makeup brushes without needing to rob a bank in order to be able to afford them. I also bought 2 really pretty cold shoulder blouses that tie in front & that have bell flared sleeves (one cream & one black) that I get compliments on every time that I wear them. I'm dying to buy the wine red & navy blue ones! Caution on buying clothes: always look at the size charts & compare the sizes to your country of origin as Asian sizes run much smaller. The only downside is that if the products are coming from China, they don't track the packages very well & the wait times from purchase to doorstep are about a month. All in all, great deals at great prices!

Tip for consumers: * Always completely read item description for sizes & available
colors.
* Always look at the clothing size charts & compare them to the
sizes in your country as Asian sizes are much smaller.
* ALWAYS HAVE FUN!

lauram311
10/20/17

Everything I have received has been great, except for the clothes. The first time I won a dress and shirt and ordered my regular size. Both were extremely small, but Tophatter refunded my money. The next time I won a cardigan and ordered it 2 sizes larger....it was STILL too small, so I had to give it away. This last time I won a tank top and ordered it THREE times larger than my normal size and it FINALLY fit. Keep this in mind when you win clothes. The other thing I won were fake eyelashes that were supposed to stay on "magnetically". I didn't receive any instructions and they didn't work at all. Very disappointing since I paid $22!! Otherwise, it's been great!

patriciay24
10/20/17

Misleading of product. Tophatter should be more aware of what there sellers are selling instead of letting us get ripped off. Waiting for my last order and then I'm out!!!!

rodneyb43
10/19/17

I doubt this will make it to your website but here goes. I'm paying for products I did not receive. Got nowhere with you people trying to resolve the problems. You misrepresent some of your products. Try to return something to China within your return timeframe! The products are junk! Your designer watch worked for 3 weeks,now it doesn't work at all,went to a watch store. They told me I got screwed!

larryj74
10/19/17

I appreciate the timely way in which you respond to buying issues. I enjoy the products and the prices are great. When there is a problem, you immediately take care of it to great satisfaction. Custom support is great.

jamesc486
10/19/17

terrible just about everything you buy is broken, how disgusting not worth the time for one hundred characters

deed152
10/19/17

I am so disappointed I ordered some tennis shoes and when asked for a review I told you I have not received them and yet you have my money bit have done nothing about the shoes...i am almost ready to uninstall Tophatter!

lynnep24
10/19/17

I have been very pleased with the earrings I've purchased!
I've returned a coup[e of things and the customer service was great
The prices are great.
Love the variety.

linw192
10/19/17

Still waiting on bamboo pillow..teeth were not sufficient. .or the ring. It had no instructions. .but please. Srnd my pillow..and the rest of your products were good..and THANK YOU ...TOP HATTER

dennish95
10/19/17

WATCH WHAT YOU BUY. ITEMS ARE BROKE POOR, QUALITY CHEAPLY MADE. THEY SAY YOU CAN RETURN BUT YOU WILL HAVE TO SHIP YOUR ITEMS BACK TO CHINA AT YOUR EXPENSE. Very expensive. WATCH THE GOOD REVIEWS ON HERE THE ARE FAKE!

allisonb77
10/19/17

Two months ago I requested that you cancel all remaining orders. You choose to ignore me. Each time you wanted me to rate an item, I refused. "Since you refuse to respond to my request, I'm not going to respond to yours." You continued to send items. I made this request several times but never received any response. I'm not at all happy! I will take this up with the C.C. company.

cathym117
10/19/17

I DID NOT have a positive experience with you! All the items were CHEAPLY made and advertising was very misleading!

karens377
10/19/17

Worst items going saying deliverd and did not receive and really most comes from China and they say it's delivered really buyer protection and customer service top hatter useless fake cheap broken not sent

cindym166
10/19/17

Wow. Rip off. No customer service. Rather automated garbage. Cost more to return than you pay. I was banned for requesting too many refunds. Well l bought mutiple items for the homeless, blankets that are the size of bathroom mats. Yet shown on a bed with 2 pillows. And bath sheet. Lol you couldn't even wrap it around a child it was so small. Refunds, Ha good luck getting it.
(I didnt.) Even when they send the wrong item you have to pay to return it to get your money back.
DONT DO IT. I was dumb and dumber.

jessiet19
10/19/17

so far i love the prices ..and bidding..system... make it handy... the only hold back i have from given 5 stars is the shipping it takes forever to get somethings...

patriciaa111
10/19/17

I have been very pleased with the items that I have received and it is easier than going into a store and not finding what you want. When you are disappointed with an item, they are more than willing to refund your money, and dont give you a run around or make you fill out a bunch of papers. I would recommend this site to anyone that wants a bargain.

evelynb35
10/19/17

The bidding price falls within my budget. The items I received are very nice. Quality looks good.
I've had one mishap with a order. All of the order didn't ship. They refunded me with no problems.

deborahs137
10/19/17

I have loved everything I have gotten off Top Hatter. The jewelry isnt very heavy, but still the same, everything has been Beautiful.m

jenc55
10/19/17

I love this site! This site is SO much fun! You won't be disappointed! I love bidding on things I find on here...

dorisn5
10/19/17

We are hooked on tophatter.....Come join us, but don't bid against me. I want to win all of the items I bid on.

dwaynef10
10/19/17

I have purchased several items that I was satisfied with. The positive experience is due to the creative professionalism of Tophatter.

connieh61
10/19/17

Very nice qualiity on all itens I have received. Low priced or free shopping. Fast service. Tracking available. Love it!

marshac24
10/19/17

Very nice site and love the variety of items that we bid on and Hope that other new items come along also you get addicted to setting up their bidding too the time fly pass by when you're not looking at the clock.

joannec74
10/19/17

I love love love Tophatter and Ruby! The bidding is fun and easy and the items are of the highest quality! I would highly recommend these shopping sites to anyone looking for a safe, hassle-free and economical way to shop online. The buyer guarantee is a big plus!

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

you should have got a notice on your phone that you won the bid but my best advice to you is don't buy anything from Top Hatter all of it is junk

By jesus g. on 5/11/16
Helpful answer

I filed complaints with BBB, Tophatter hasn't responded. But just don't shop there... Seller hasn't responded either.....

By elaine d. on 12/7/15
Helpful answer

It's costume jewelry unless other wise stated

By Jasmine G. on 12/26/15
Helpful answer

Good luck! Tophatter rippes off the sellers so they are not going to be very likely to return your money.

By Jessica P. on 4/20/15
Helpful answer

To tell the difference, look closely at the description. The first thing to look at is the name of the auction room you are in. Some examples are "Ring Showcase", "Ultimate Jewelry Blowout", "Spectacular Ring" are usually CZ and/or not real. Auctions such as "Natural Gemstones and Sterling Silver" and "Genuine Diamond & Designer Jewelry" are usually real. Pay attention to the description and MSRP that will also give you an idea if it is real or not by what price is listed under MSRP. Look closely under the material section on the description to see what materials are used for the ring. Well they do tend to call a lot of CZ rings Engagement Rings" you just need to dig a little bit deeper than the title of the auction you are in. I have probably bought over 50 rings from Tophatter over the past few months that have all been costume jewelry but none have discolored my finger or made me break out in a rash even though I have sensitive skin. Hope this helps!

By Melissa L. on 7/9/15

All mine were new.

By Margie m. on 4/12/15
Helpful answer

If you end up buying a few items from the same seller they can do a combined shipment but you rarely get the same buyer items since they only let the sellers sell 10 items a day. It is different for the sellers that have their own auctions.

By Barbara C. on 1/8/16
Helpful answer

Depends on what you are selling. Yes, a lot of items go unsold in the jewelry and accessories categories.....as well as others. Coach and Michael Kors and other designer brands, not much goes unsold, because here's the catch - - you pay fees on the starting bid. TH wants everything to start at $1. So you get punished if you start higher as to not get screwed by a low purchase price. Say you buy a designer bag for $120. If you start that bag at $100, you're already paying over $10 in fees. **IF** you can manage to sell it for a profit, there are still the commission and bank fees. If you start it at $1, you're barely paying any listing fees but it might only sell for $80 (or less!). So, less fees, but you lost your ass on the item. It's messed up. Most sellers have put in their time to see if they can make a profit or to see if TH will change, but they all seem to end up leaving. I'm convinced the only ones who stay to sell there are the counterfeit or crappy quality sellers who are buying items for next to nothing, because that seems to be the only way to make a profit there these days. I would go the ebay route if you're looking to sell.

By papa p. on 2/29/12
Helpful answer

Some of the jewelry on TopHatter IS 100% real. Some are simply costume. Buyers are provided a full description of the items they are interested in. If the description does not say real, chances are? It is a costume item..in which case is usually fine, since not everyone can afford genuine diamonds, and some pieces are just as pretty :)

By Brenda M. on 12/28/15
Helpful answer

Click on your name in the top right, a drop down will appear, click on my orders

By Jimmi L. on 11/28/15
Questions? Get answers from the Tophatter staff and other customers.

17 Photos for Tophatter