US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

kerris7
8/24/16

I joined Tophatter back in 2013 and I loved it. It was small, animated avatars would jump up and down when you submitted your bid - it was fun. Bottom line - it was FUN! Now - it's a hot mess. Change after change has been made and not in the positive direction at all. Now everything is all jumbled up and there are no auction rooms - it's a free for all. No more avatars. They used to monitor the items being sold and would stop you from re-selling fake stuff from China. Not any more. Do yourself a favor folks - and stay away! Because customer service now? hahahha! Yeah - right. Total joke. I used to buy and sell on here - but then I was 'banned'. Am I sore about it? Nope. Why was I banned? .... because I made a comment on the bulletin board (available only to Sellers) that everything has gone right down the toilet with their changes and I'm just hanging around to watch the train wreck. For that - they banned me. I continued to complain, just to make sure they knew that I didn't violate any of their 'rules', that they just didn't like that I was exposing them for what they were.... The owner of the site - has taken other on-line, e-commerce sites and maximized profits and then BOOM - declares bankruptcy and runs away with your money. I warned others that they need to research and arm themselves with information. Be forewarned ... if you get the wrong item. Good luck getting it fixed. Good luck getting an answer. Good luck period. If you've had excellent experiences ... pat yourself on the back. You're a lucky one! I used to purchase soo much stuff from them!! I mean... a LOT of stuff. Now - I've taken my business elsewhere. Their loss. Thanks for the memories.

marthar36
8/24/16

the earrings are beautiful..I received them earlier than estimated date of arrival.. the merchandise is always of great quality.., Love shopping on this site. Have recommended it to friends.

tammyh44
8/23/16

Beware! It says 30 protection guarantee! My butt! I've got a notebook with broken keys and it's not recognizing the battery AND it was listed as having Windows10! It's got Windows 7 Professional and they say it's NOT refundable? Went straight to the credit card company! I've sent the seller and Tophatter several messages but nobody is answering! Run don't walk away from this site.

yp10
8/23/16

I purchased 15 items in one week from Tophatter. Only 14 items were delivered so I contacted them. Not once, not twice but THREE times. They refused to refund my purchase price saying it shows being delivered and said that if it wasn't delivered to me then I should go door to door in my neighborhood to see if one of my neighbors received it.
Sorry, I'm disabled and don't go out. I'm unable to go door to door. I found them to be extremely unprofessional and will NEVER purchase another item from them. I would recommend you stop purchasing too or you could be next!

joannev6
8/18/16

I ordered several items from Elite Jewelry Studio and Glamouresq. The MSRP was over $200 on each purchase. The items were very cheap knockoffs. They could have been part of a small child's dress up kit or gotten from a bubble gum machine. I was scammed, don't be their next victim.

bonniew43
8/17/16

Bought what I thought was a Mk handbag and it was a bad fake cheaply made
Won't be shopping there again

donnar108
8/17/16

I wanted to warn all of you out there about a seller named My Vintage Spirit. I bought a couple rings that he said was sterling silver. I wore for a couple of weeks and the plating came right off. It was some brass or copper color underneath,. so not sterling silver. The "emerald earrings" I received were not real when i took them to my jeweler. He said "guaranteed" The jeweler laughed, which made me feel emabarassed on top of it. I complained to Tophatter and they did nothing. how can people sell on this site when it is fake? How can Tophatter STILL allow this seller to sell items if there are complaints? Is there anything a consumer can do to protect themselves? I feel like a fool.

audreyl11
8/15/16

Hi Please do read all comments if bidding or ordering from them, One it is cheaper to just keep the item if you dont like it or if it dose not fit etc . Two and this is very important to know and remeber... it is pretty much all cheap crap from china, on this I can attest to I ordered quite a few items on their site and found this to be true in 80% of what I recived. on gems you need to make sure on size and realness of item, on other jeweles that they are really what was described and that the size and color are both what you want. On handbags, makeup, clothes, etc. please make sure that you try and verify the retiler as munch as possiable as there are a lot of sites and chatter about tophatter or rather their venders selling fake stuff. just please read and verify before you buy, cause they hope you get caught up in the bidding frenzy and in all the hype rather than doing your due dilliange like we always do before we buy things. PLEASE READ THE BLOGS, BBB, CHATTER, Bing and Yahoo REWIEWS etc. before buying and also know this CO has went bankrupt 3 times before. if this tells you anything about their no extant return policy OH and LASTLY and EQUAILY IMPORANT THEY WAY OVERCHARGE ON THEIR POSTAGE. Sorry for the long review and I hope this helps.

chrisj128
8/14/16

Tophatter sellers are scam artists! Ive purchased 4 items from that site. The first one was totally differnt from what I thought I was purchasing. Opened request but buyer refused to refund me. Second,I bought a pair of silver earings! Very CHEAP quality! In fact one of them camt even clasp shut! Third, I bought what was supposed to be 14k gold earings. They arrived 4 days late,broken and definitely not real gold! On all 4 items I have not received any of my money back!"

sandio2
8/13/16

They put the MSRP at waaaaay higher than what it really is and end up selling you junk for more than it's worth. If you google pretty much everything on there, it is waaay cheaper than they claim. Total rip off scam.

shannonm78
8/12/16

I had bought a Necklace from this site...and never received it.. then they say it is not their problem...to check with the post office.. Well I paid for the shipping.. which was 5.00 and that should have been enough for the insurance on it.. and it was.. but guess what.. the seller Piatella went cheap and got it for 2.45 through first class mail which is not insured..Getting that extra in their pockets..As a seller myself.. I would feel ashamed if I had done anyone like this...the tracking number was not found in the system of usps..at all by the way.so that means they took my hard earned money..and scammed me..I will delete my account and I suggest others do as well..it might not happen right now.. but at some point it will.. that is all..

lisas316
8/12/16

I got a supposed to be real gold men's bracelet, I have brought gold for over 30years so I know the fake, its been a month that I have been waiting for a refund be ware of jewlery not real, a lot of items comes from over seas Google your products you can get them cheaper from wish.com...I have spent way too much money & find it cheaper other places but it cost to much to send back, because you lose more money....the only thing I've gotten & like was my perfume from Fairy God mother, she responds one on one....a few pieces of costume jewelry that was worth the buy...Bidders be ware...

tonib24
8/10/16

Horrible cheap products. No way to contact Merchant. Total rip off. BUYERS BEWARE!!!!

judys83
8/8/16

I was blocked by Tophatter for asking to please post my items as i was only getting one a day. Oh when they needed items then they would post 18 of my items in one day. I went to several other web-sites and started to sell, and WOW I SELL MORE ITEMS, MAKE MORE PROFITS AS THE FEES ARE NOT SUCH A RIP OFF AS Tophatter charges. Get out go some where else and sell.

donnac120
8/5/16

I have more of a comment. people over rate what they are selling. Also, they show a pictur of more than one item but only selling a portion. Example, I saw a doll for my granddaughter and bided on it and won bid...... but only the dress was for sale. Very deceiving, and I don that 2 times with the doll before I caught it. And of course, the seller would not let me cancel.
And the msrp is way out of line and deceiving to buyers. I;ve only been shopping at tophatter for about a week and only spent around $200.00. But i think im done.

triciam14
8/5/16

Very disappointed in the sellers on this site.. They take your money.. Print out a first class label and also it on the package and toss it in the mailbox.. Without paying . It arrives to your address and post office says you owe the shipping charges!! After providing the seller and customer support with your proof it took 2 months to get my money back!!!

susies15
8/4/16

I didn't read the reviews before I got sucked in. Merchandise is not the same as described and electronics do not work. DO NOT waste your time and money on TopHatter. Horrible!!

katyw5
8/4/16

I have bought several pieces of jewelry from this site marked as worth $1040.CAD & laughed when I saw them because they are nothing that I would have paid more then the auction/mail price. That said, the items are your moneys worth & usually nice tho' the stones are often pale or dusky, which means they are of poor quality. If you are buying white topaz this does not matter. I do suggest that you purchase sizes larger than you need as these come from the east, ie: Korea,China, Japan, etc. where people are much smaller in stature.

olgad13
8/3/16

I ordered a necklace from this site, I was following the tracking it was almost there suddenly the item never arrived, yes; they refunded my money but two days later the same item was on sale againg... Second time ... Same seller I purchased again a necklace ..item never arrived and nobody wanted to take responsibility about it.

No safe website, no phone where to ask for help...etc

nancyh106
7/31/16

Be VERY careful when bidding! The "retail" prices are OFTEN inflated! Do not think that you are getting a great deal. Do a quick check on the actual value of products before bidding. AND - check the origin of the product. Those made in China may not be the quality you deserve.

debbies99
7/31/16

I went on auction bid on a pair distressed jeans from seller the jeans were made cheaply from China not correct sizing..

effieh1
7/30/16

I DECIDED TO CLOSE MY ACCOUNT WITH TOPHATTER BECAUSE ONE: IT HAS BEEN CLOSE TO A MONTH SINCE I ORDERED MY PRODUCTS AND I STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED THEM....... AND TWO: TWO OF THE PACKAGES THAT I ORDERED AND PAID FOR BEFOREHAND, NEVER ARRIVED TO MY HOUSE, AFTER I RECEIVED TWO FALSE NOTIFICATIONS THAT THEY HAD BEEN DELIVERED, I CONTACTED TOPHATTER AND WAS TOLD THAT THE SELLER WAS NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR MY UNDELIVERED PACKAGES AND JUST ASSUME THAT A NEIGHBOR STOLE THEM...... SO, I WASTED A SUBSTANTIAL AMOUNT OF MONEY ON ORDERS THAT I NEVER ACTUALLY RECEIVED...... NOT TO MENTION, THE PRODUCTS I DID RECEIVE WERE VERY POOR QUALITY AND HAD SURFACE SCRATCHES ON THEM... THEY LOOKED AS THOUGH THEY HAD BEEN USED AND THEN RESOLD BY THE TIME IT HAD GOTTEN TO ME.... THAT IS VERY BAD BUSINESS AND IT IS THE QUICKEST WAY TO LOSE LOYAL AND GOOD CUSTOMERS LIKE MYSELF. I WILL NEVER ORDER ANYTHING ELSE FROM TOPHATTER AGAIN. I ENCOURAGE ANYONE ELSE CONSIDERING BUYING FROM TOPHATTER TO GOOGLE THEM AND CHECK WITH THE BBB FIRST. HORRIBLE FRAUDULENT SITE!

patrician35
7/29/16

I'm new to Tophatter, but has 3 aquaintances that used to sell there. Their complaints were the fee structure. All I'm seeing is that I ran into a site that is continuing changes. Overall, the Company itself is not a scam, but there are a few seller's that purchase items from manufacturers not knowing themselves if the items are fake. The shipping costs are based on the package weight and location. Soo far, it look ok, but I'll know once the fees kick in!

robertr214
7/28/16

Tophatter will rip you off with fees of auctions that your item never goes to. They make big money by holding yours for weeks. They will allow fraud sales ro be refunded no matyer what policy you have. STAY AWAY!!

emyv1
7/26/16

I sold on Tohatter handmade items the first and half year they started to operate. The site was very easy and one of their administrators Danny Burch...I think were always on the answering any questions or solving the problems. It was fun. My items went for most part under the real price but then there were vintage or jewelry supply that went over price. All in all was good, until they open up for china jewelry and changed payment method and put fees on every item listed. Ended up paying good amount for listing but no sales ! The administrators started not to answer questions any more, we were not suppose to say any thing about Th or your account was gone.As in any other side you meet buyers that are very sweet and buyers that get the item and request the money back. I suppose is the same for the sellers as well. At our time we were able to comunicate and see each others profile so a trust was build. But now I see the side, all china junk and unhappy sellers. The items are over priced and not worthy. All in all, find other place to buy china production for better quality

1 rating was submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

122 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Tophatter staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question