Review of eBay

Tel: 1773-1553612
2018 Customer choice award

niecied
5/19/19

Great site and quality customer service. I've had some minor issues with a couple orders but they where replaced or I was refunded without any problems or further issues.

georgem677
5/19/19

Hugo, you were not "tricked". You obviously did not do your homework by investigating the site before blindly plunging in. eBay exists to make money. Period. It is not a cooperative or a charity. Anyone new to eBay must read the "terms of service", where all of the specifics are clearly stated. Perhaps your listing fee was zero (though this is hard to believe), but ebay justifiably takes a "final value fee" that is a percentage of the sale price, as does PayPal.

hugos39
5/18/19

I was shocked since i was tricked when selling that my fee was " 0 " when it was several hundred dollars!!

Be warned! Use other sell sites PLEASE, ebay truely sucks! Aka "Feebay"

leeh249
5/17/19

Use to be a fun & great place back in the day to sell things... 1999 to 2010. Then slowly greed and their ANTI-seller climate and rules made it a NOT so great place for sellers. Plus the FEEbay fees. TODAY I ONLY do an occasional listing of a item that I plan to recoup some money back, if it doesn't sell within a time frame, then donate to Goodwill.

Buying on eBay is still OK, I do at times buy on eBay before I was an Amazon Prime member. Now being an Amazon Prime member, NOT so much buying on eBay.

mohamedm72
5/16/19

THIS is a good store where you can buy items with low price they also have a open box item with low price very friendly

yomw
5/16/19

THIS IS THE SECOND TIME I LEFT A NEGATIVE REVEIW TELLING MY OPINION OF THE TRANSACTION ONLY TO FIND OUT THE SELLER WHINED AND THOUGHT SHE WAS TOO PRIVELEDGED TO LOOK BAD AND GOT IT REMOVED. IT IS MY RIGHT TO SAY HOW I FEEL ABOUT IT. AND ALL I SAID WAS ''I WAS NOT HAPPY/SATISFEID WITH THE CUSTOMER SERVICE'' NOT AN HONORABLE BUISNESS PRACTICE OF EBAY. IT LEAVES BUYERS FEELING INFURIATED LIKE THEIR OPINION DOESN'T MATTER AND THEY FEEL LIKE LEAVING EBAY.

johnl1308
5/13/19

Accidentally listed an expensive item for 99c because of eBay's terrible UI. Ended up having an uptight buyer give me a negative even though I tried to explain. eBay decided not to remove the review which hit my rating hard. I ended up selling the item for a couple hundred dollars less because of this.

I recently purchased contact solution which showed a picture with a 2020 expiration date. The item I received had a 2019 expiration date. eBay ruled in the seller's favor claiming that the return window had passed and my negative review was removed.

willyw3
5/11/19

Sometimes you don't know how much a product is hyped and what features have been hidden, so it's good to buy on eBay from a normal store and be able to return the item, unlike going in to their store and being unable to return it easily. That's really the only thing good about eBay now.

francos24
5/10/19

Perfect site of shopping online. It is the best of second hands things. I bought all tipe of things and all of theme arrived in perfect time and in perfect form! Wonderful!

colleene25
5/9/19

Awesome business and customer service. I have never had a complaint that hasn't had a wonderful response and usually refund

Tip for consumers: If you have an issue with the product that you have purchased E Bay has a wonderful guarantee and guarantees our products even if the seller doesn’t offer a warranty

veruskaf
5/4/19

I bought a product and never got it!!!! and EBAY WILL NOT REFUND ME! JUST LOST THE CUSTOMER!!!! and every month i buy LOTS of things on EBAY and now I am saying I did NOT GET THE PRODUCT AND EBAY DON`T CARE I GUESS!

lisah739
5/2/19

My husband saw campers on eBay and tried to buy one and the seller said he needed to buy eBay gift cards...he bought half when the store selling wouldn't sell him anymore stating it was probably a scam and eBay scams people all the time. So he called the seller and the seller said, "Oh no problem just pay me what you have ($600 of $1200 needed). My husband did not follow through. eBay would not give him his money back for the gift card and we got stuck with them. I purchased a purple hp laptop...it is a piece of $#*!. It was supposed to be NEW and it had scratches all over it. It was supposed to come with office 365 and does not. It keeps saying the Internet website for Microsoft is not available. I have an Office 365 card that I also bought off eBay for my other laptop, and that is a bunk link too. I have yet to receive the other items I purchased. I am not feeling too confident and I still have $200 to blow on this stupid website. I purchased a wireless ergonomic mouse today. It didn't "take" my gift card number. It said my gift card number was no good! WHAT!?! It charged my paypal. This is the WORST experience ever and I won't buy from this website ever again after I spend these stupid gift cards my husband bought. I would like to deck my husband for being so stupid. Regardless, we paid $600 cash for these gift cards and should be able to use them without issues. It is asking me to post proof of purchase? NO way. Someone on here will probably steal the barcode information and rip us off more.

sepids
5/2/19

I have had bought something from huasharenmin2013 on ebay. He sent wrong color and after I contacted him, he said that he will send me new one. Two months passed and he never sent me anything. Each time, I contacted him he said wait for one more week, then he didn't reply back.The worst customer service!

davidb2168
5/2/19

In trying to be proactive and resolve an issue the eBay customer service gave me the run around and could not resolve my issue. There was an error on the eBay side with a shipping label and could not and would not correct the issue. I received the run around, extremely inconvenient and frustrated with eBay service.

timothyf102
4/30/19

I listed an open box item and explicitly stated that no returns are accepted.

However, ebay will not protect you if the buyer wants to return the item.
I called and was straight lied to. They said, "This is a recorded line and we guarantee that this case will be resolved in your favor by a specified date." When the date came, I called and they said that what that representative said to me was a lie. After this, I woke up and my return was magically accepted. I did not do this what so ever. They said I have been hacked. I am a software engineer with 10 years of experience in IT. I haven't been hacked. And if I was hacked.... cancel the return!!!. The manager refuses to cancel the return even when I was allegedly hacked. I cannot believe this. This is an absolute disgrace. I will never ever do business with this horrible organization again. I will make it my personal mission to warn other sellers to never use this service!

pjj6
4/28/19

I absolutely hate ebay i recently had an experience where i bidded on an auction and when i won i noticed the jacket had duct tape covering holes. When i didnt pay i got horrible messages from the seller. The seller said he had my address and it wasnt to far away and if i didnt pay he would make a trip to my house. He also said he was gonna call the police and tell them i was a fraud if i didnt send over money immediately. Shame on ebay giving psychopaths our address before we pay. I will never support ebay again they risk peoples safety bye ebay i wont miss you

jamesb1553
4/26/19

They lure you in thinking you are safe with their 100% money back guarantee claim and I got scammed and they didnt back me up. This was for $230, I'm never shopping on their again.

kimr290
4/23/19

They'll treat you like a child hold the sellers money when there no reason I did all I could do not one complaint from a customer paid all my fee's they do what they want with my money like its theres

alexz94
4/23/19

I've been using it for ages...it's difficult to protect genuine customers from some "sharks" out there (both sellers and buyers can misbehave and ruin it for all). Initially (decades ago) the bias was toward the seller and that produced some really ugly monsters...things have changed though
The customer service is always attentive and considerate while juggling to try and please both sellers and buyers (often these are both in good faith and a compromise has to be found).
Bottom line? If you are consistently honest (buyer or seller or both)...you are going to be recognized and get that extra protection which is going to be useful when the odd ugly character tries to take advantage of you and of such open system...

johnm2887
4/18/19

Don't explain fees charged me $750 to have a reserve price with no clear explanation. Called Customer service what a joke they told me to pay or cancel my account. They suck!! Don''t trust them they will screw you.

laural455
4/18/19

I love eBay don't get me wrong I buy and sell on it all the time. Recently I have had major problems that's led me to wonder is this company really trustworthy and reliable and do what ever it takes to help there customers of there site. First of if you sell you can only do it with a PayPal account which has its own problems at times especially if your new to it. So you do all the correct things they ask you to do. Your money is put on hold until feedback or verified delivery by courier. I contact the buyer saying thank you I will post on such day. Then you add your tracking then your asking for positive feedback and let me tell you not everyone will do this. They don't automatically release your funds you need to call eBay and go through it and they release funds which take 24 hours to do so. I did this and was waiting 72 hours later, I called asking where my money was they said it's been released its PayPal that's holding it up you need to call them. I call PayPal they say no it's eBay we can't release until they say so and we can't trust your word that it has call eBay. I phone eBay and they release funds again and say 24hours. I'm fuming at this point. I ask why they can't phone PayPal for me and say it's released why do I have to do it. This is the company that you only allow to sell and be paid through. He said no we aren't allowed to phone PayPal you have to do it. They left me for a further 2 days until my money was available. Secondly I bought Adidas tracksuit and it said it in the title and the brand was marked Adidas so I paid 23 including postage. It came and it was fake I phoned eBay. They gave me these options open the return then either print the return label for postage, go to the library and do it or ask the post office to do it. I don't have a computer never mind a printer just like most people I use my smartphone that is my computer. I don't have a library and the post office looked at me like a was mad and said no we don't do that. We don't have equipment to do that. I was told you will need to pay postage. So eBay and PayPal get there fees for the listing and me the buyer looses out as I need to extra postage to get my back. I wasn't in the wrong I bought fake items from your website but I'm the one out of pocket so much for buyer protection. I also told her that I was having difficulty with seller as he didn't have great English. Still nothing they could do. Open a return send it back out of your pocket then if they don't get back to you you wait over 7 days for eBay to even consider steppjng In and helping you. I couldn't understand the man and he couldn't understand me or how to even do the return his end. I cancelled the return as it took me the whole day trying to sort it out. I lost my money. I love eBay and I really don't want to leave a bad review since I have been a loyal customer since 2009. I am shocked at how they run this business your set up to fail either selling or buying with the set up they have. I mean if the post man gave the parcel to wrong address and your neighbors are shady and don't tell you and it's marked delivered and the tracking number is on the item and said delivered then you loose and seller wins as the post man messed up and the seller isn't liable to refund you or give you knew item. I feel I would get better customer service from a robotic live chat agent who just repeats the policy and rules. I'm truly disappointed on my end. I lost my mother and I didn't post a parcel I got 1 negative feedback since 2009 and they put me below sellers standard and made me jump threw hoops to get paid followed the rules posted same day as payment. I had to call them everyday to release funds. I had 10 positive feedbacks and still they said I hadn't done enough. 10 great and 1 bad how does this even make sense. I told them about my mum and she said I understand things happen but you need to keep on top of your selling by contact or post item. I said I'm not going stop after devastating news and say oh my eBay parcel needs to be sent. I was organising a funeral and she literally said well you could have done it after the funeral. I was gobsmaked it was there's rules to follow and you didn't do that so sorry your mum died but you never postes the parcel so it's not a good enough reason.

Tip for consumers: Think before you buy and sell as you don't really have that much protection even with PayPal both companies use email to contact department or outside the company that you bought with. They ain't in a rush like the bank or a retail store it can go on for 7 days plus. Always read customer feedback especially the negative.

kylel61
4/17/19

Terrible site customer service is going downhill not happy customer spend lots of money through eBay and now im anti ebay there policies are bad and customer service only applies to customers if eBay want your money they take it

daniell461
4/14/19

Last 2 items I bought were straight intentionally sent as a scam and incorrectly misrepresented. I got my money back but why would I use a store that wastes my time with fake products. I also sold on Ebay for the last year and the customer base has gone downhill as well.

shelleyl34
4/11/19

How many times in the last years, all of my items has been missing a lot. This time I claim my missing item and they didn't even refund my money for Case #5196855582. They come back to me so fast within hours and leave a message regarding what happen. But, they don't seem to bother and follow whatever notification that is listed on their website. Do not even bother to order from them, I was their customer since 2013. Once, it is out of their hand and given to the mail carrier. Your item listed as it was delivered, and you didn't get your item. Close your account right away and don't even bother. They are just giving the sellers our money without your item being send to you. You might be lucky sometimes when you get them. I'm their customer for too long and how many items end up missing. I buy the item again and was received the same result. Their full of BS. I rather spend more on Amazon because your value as customer and they make sure you got your item. How many times they replaced my item? They even send them to me using their own delivery service. I been loyal for too long. I am closing my account because they don't even try to contact you or ask more questions out of you. Even you already leave messages or notes from the box they provide it to you when you claim the item wasn't never received. Don't trust their Ebay money back guaranteed at least your "qualified" like how they think you would then you got your money back. But, I wouldn't waste my time if I was you.

mengingz
4/11/19

Customer service will only help the seller, garbage customer service policy.Ebay can be renamed the protection of sellers association, the experience is very poor, strongly do not recommend shopping on ebay

1,466 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I would never buy a used car without seeing it in person and having it checked out.

By James W.

Ebay is a den of thieves. Even Ebay is evasive on complaints to answers. When looking for items, be sure to be fully informed to what you are shopping and use all that knowledge to cypher the listing, even then have found those that list items to be evasive on answers. Avoid ebay if possible!

By BroC H.

For their own purposes and to protect dishonest sellers. I was once an avid EBay shopper, but now avoid EBay. Buyer protection no longer exists. You buy at your own risk.

By Christine P.

Ebay sells nothing. You are dealing with private sellers. Some are good, some are not. The best way to determine this is to check the feedback. I personally never buy from anyone who has a feedback lower than 90%. 96% is considered bad, by Ebay. Take that with a grain of salt. Ebay management is nuts.

By Valerie F.

If you haven't already learned the hard way that Ebay is just pure bull$#*! when it comes to the sellers rights. When someone wants to send it back for any reason other than it doesn't work as described, you will be footing the bill. Not only will you lose the money you paid to ship it to them, Ebay will offer to provide a return label for them at your expense. Yep, that's right. They will bill you the price of the label if you don't provide it. Either way, you are paying for it to get back to you. It's get better. You can't leave negative feedback for the buyer either. It's not an option NO MATTER

By Chris N.

For myself, will use ebay as a last resort. Ebay is a den of thieves. Had one seller send me a phone book and sex book in place of sander I won to show he sent item of weight and shipped so he could collect off paypal/ebay, found out this seller had ripped off many before ebay closed his "store/ ripoff factory" down. I know they claim to have separated ebay and paypal but my credit card company said its smoke and mirrors, that they still work together. Ebay is on their way out!

By BroC H.

Yes . You are right. All what people told you are correct. Don't trust ebay and the seller on ebay. Amazon much better than them. But anyway the best way to buy electronics from the local stores or official stores.

By Alayham A.

Depends on the seller. I wouldn't buy anything off ebay because there a crappy company.

By Greg L.

You can contact the seller and ask. Also look at their rating, if it's 99% then they will take care of you! For years, most of my shopping I do is from sellers off Ebay and mostly do great! Good luck!

By brian b.

The correct thing to do is to email the seller and tell him you are not satisfied with the product and would like to return it for a refund. Most sellers will work with you. If after contacting the seller your problem is not resolved you than open a case with ebay that you the product is not satisfactory and you would like to return for a refund, Go to the seller first and give him a chance to make it right so it does not ruin his business.

By Shirley M.
Questions? Get answers from the eBay staff and other customers.

eBay?