Review of eBay

hostmaster@ebay.com
2017 Customer choice award

ronalds91
8/20/18

I love shopping at ebay from the ease of at home on my laptop. I have found super deals and I really like to bid on items. Items that ship from China take quite awhile to get here and the ease and safety of paypal have made my shopping a good experience.

shayh25
8/20/18

I shop on eBay all the time one of my favorite shopping sites.The sellers are understanding if I'm having any problems with my orders so I recommend eBay

billb460
8/20/18

if you purchase items it may cost you more to return it than it cost so buyer beware, i bought an item that comes in several parts 7 pieces 1 part don,t work so i,ve asked paypal to refund me, they refused and referred me back to ebay? their the seller wants it returned ? this personolised item should not be sent back once used ?

mattp151
8/18/18
• Updated review

My bank account changed. I removed that bank account from my ebay and paypal account. I called ebay to verify that the funds from any subsequent returns (because there are always products that never arrive) would be returned to my paypal account rather than my bank. "That's right, sir", Shandy said, "All your money will be returned to your paypal account because there id no banking information on your account." I said, "Even though the original method of payment was my bank card?" "Yes, sir.", she said. Guess where the refund money went?
Ebay: why does EvERY little thing with you become a drama? Are you just incapable at EVERYTHING? I do apologize, you're the best at the most successful ponzi scheme out there.

“Ebay customer service sucks”
6/2/18
• Previous review

Bought 4 individual items. Went to pay for them.
Ebay groups them all together because theyre from same seller. Their mobile app wont let you pay for multiple items. Spent half hour trying to find a stupid customer service phone number - click on contact us tab and it brings you to the help and contact us tab. Click that tab it brings you back to contact us. Finally get the phone number - they tell me its not posted on the internet due to possible scammers (but i could post it here if i wanted to
..) then told that my problem (above) is a problem and theyre trying to fix it. Well, someone told the program to group the sales together, so....after telling the operator over and over again the details of my issue - who couldnt do anything about it - was then passed on to another Nobel winner. Maybe the executive that made the decision to not post a customer service phone number should spend some time on the phones and see how it affects an already frustrated customer - or are they out collecting THEIR award?

regd6
8/18/18

As my wife and I are business owners and we normally order direct from a company or Amazon and until now we have never had any problem. But I have been waiting on my product order since May and have not received a product or a refund. I am going to have to think long and hard before I decide if I am or not going to order through eBay again. I will never order anything from tomtop_w again, just not a honest person.

tinalouisel
8/15/18

I'm an avid Ebayer with over a 950 feedback score. I search for EVERYTHING here before going to Amazon or or Etsy. There is great customer service and although I've had a couple transactions where a seller tried to dupe me into accepting a fraudulent item, Ebay was very supportive and I received my money back instantly.

Some of the brands I search include: Banana Republic, J. Crew, Anthropologie, Skinceuticals and Clarisonic. I nearly spend as much time (if not more) on my searches and grooming my watch-list than I do on Facebook!

Highly recommended!

lawandam3
8/14/18

I've never had one single problem when ordering or receiving anything from eBay! I'm completely satisfied with my shopping experience!

robv38
8/12/18

eBay fails to recognize the rights of sellers.
I have been a buyer and seller for the past 12 years.
What was originally a great place to buy and sell as turned into a place to get taken advantage of.
There are many unscrupulous buyers out there (not everyone, but MANY) who overbid an honest bidder, then refuse to pay. Of course eBay does nothing to these lowlife bidders. Then others demand refunds for clearly advertised used items because the item was not pristine. They expect to get a $200 item for $12 and expect. It be be brand new.
Oh, but of course "the customer is always right", so the seller has to pick up the cost of shipping both ways and other expenses.
I now use Amazon, Etsy, eBid, Craigslist and Letgo. These all protect the SELLERS rights.
Try them out when you get screwed by selling on EBay. It's only a matter of time.....

arunkumarr
8/7/18

Great deals. Most of the sellers are great. Ebay money back guarantee is good. I recommend this site to others. Bidding is cool. You will win at less price than MSRP.

omeeda
8/4/18

They getting worse and worse, if you want to get headaches and Angry, This is a good website for you good luck

megm40
8/3/18

Found lots of great stuff on eBay. Great prices for normally expensive items! Real people and the site supports good customer service and has guarantees if anything goes wrong. You get your money back if anything goes wrong with the transaction or you didn't receive the item or item is damaged or not as described. Safe secure payment and you also can have items shipped to your door or pick them up locally if in your area. Overall great safe place for shopping!

rachelb242
8/3/18

Ebay makes it so easy to find EVERYTHING you are wanting to purchase. I love how you can search different sellers for the best prices !

sartorn
7/30/18

I sold a stihl chainsaw, can not get the money eaven after the buyer recieved the item. I takes too long to recieve your money because they put a hold on it. Can take up to 27 days to recieve the funds. You would be crazy to consider ebay.

reginar54
7/27/18

I've spent so much money over the years. There are good sellers there, but there are a lot of lousy scam artists. When Ebay and Paypal allowed a seller to scam me by selling fake hair extensions listed as human hair, that was the end for me. I eventually had to file a charge back with my credit card company and it was a hassle, but I did get my money back. It's not the Ebay it once was.

danreeh
7/27/18

Sold a coach backpack. Customer has had merchandise since Monday. Today is Friday , my money is still on hold. I call , long wait periods to talk to a foreign person. They say call pay pal, pay pal says call EBay. I told both of the agencies basically you are stealing my money. The customer has the merchandise but I still havent been paid!!!! Needed this money now I have to wait til they release it! What a joke! If you need ur money dont sell with EBay!!!!! Unsatisfactory all the way around!!!!

margor6
7/23/18

I've been an eBay user for years... Ever since they started charging 10% for every item you sold, I gave up on them. It's nearly impossible to profit anything with that 10% fee. Not to mention all the other fees that come with it (final shipping fee & Paypal fee). eBay is a great place to Buy. I'll only sell things I don't need anymore, kind of like a garage sale. But to start a business in buying and selling, I won't be using eBay.

paulj248
7/22/18

Been a member since the beginning way before Paypal. Ebay has slowly become useless in the bidding industry, they allow sellers to hold your review hostage until you give them one first even if you have paid and completed the task. I have been ripped off so many times and Ebay still nearly 20 years later sucks at helping and preventing scams. It should be an automatic account closure or investigation when a seller is at 95%.

larryb344
7/22/18

Purchased item that was advertised as perfect condition and rarely used. Busy at work so I didn't even unbox the unit for 7 days. Looked good. Turned out after a little use I found out the unit was defective but only just after the 30 day return. Contacted seller. Was subtly threatened. Called Ebay who ruled against me AND said I couldn't do anything about it. Couldn't speak with supervisor. Nothing. So here I am with a defective unit that cost me $200. Buyer Beware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

alexs615
7/21/18

Have had my first experience with Ebay Customer Service today; I've been using ebay to buy and sell for over 10 years now. But last week, when placing a order that contained multiple itemes, in different quantities , ebay have locked my account on account that the computer I was using was not recocnized by them; I've called Customer Suport , unlocked it, placed the order; A few days after I've found my order to be doubled ( Every item, in the same quantities, from the same vendors ; just as if you would hit the pay button, but instead of your itemes be taken from your shoping basket and the transaction to be confirmed, nothing happens, so you hit the Buy button again, but now the system registers both Buy button actions so it doubles you order). Anyway, after talking to a poor english Rep , I get a Manager ( wow , this is good, surely they should understand my problem ) ; NOPE... the Manager gave me 2 options: Try to get in touch with the selller and ask them to cancel your order, arrange for returns and wait for reffund , or sell the extrta itemes yourself ( we will get the sell fees double , not too bad for us !! ) ; They simply refused to accept any responsiblity ( a double order has never happened on Ebay , so it is not possible , she said ! )

My advice : Stay away from ebay, plenty of other options out there with less fees for seller anyway : Wish, Facebook market, OLX,

jakeb114
7/21/18

With extortionate fess with both ebay/ Paypal service and a borderline ridiculous bias towards buyers rather than sellers. After using this website for many years I have decided to discontinue using ebay indefinitely. I hope many others do the same.

wf23
7/19/18

I always managed to find just about everything oddball I need on Ebay from a razor charger to a fridge water filter all the way to clothing of course. Pretty decent prices too.

maamarj
7/19/18

one star still too much for eBay, for how they treating the customers badly,in their collusion with these fraudulent sellers,by doing this they are losing everything,they dont know how to take care about their buyers, they should see to their competitors in the market how successful they are.

christopherp202
7/18/18

Tried it for the first time. Never again. Sticking with Amazon. Bought an item only to find out that the item was conveniently from a compromised account. Now i have to go through the dumb process of trying to get the money back. Crap site. Crap business.

garym408
7/16/18

Absolutely zero protection for sellers. They pull funds from my account regardless and lie about returning listing fees after they force me to accept a return. Items get returned damaged. . No help. AVOID ebay

rodb54
7/16/18
• Updated review

Don't fall prey to Ebay and Paypal!!! If perhaps you can't get your money back..You have a legal right to call your bank or card company and file a dispute you will get a temporary credit while the fraud division investigates...Make sure you copy and paste or screen shot all information from the transaction to provide in your defense....100% fool proof

“Not for sellers any more !!!!”
7/5/18
• Previous review

E bay use to be the best place to sell; not anymore..Their fees are too high.and..Buyers have all of the rights ....

1,463 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I would never buy a used car without seeing it in person and having it checked out.

By James W.

Ebay is a den of thieves. Even Ebay is evasive on complaints to answers. When looking for items, be sure to be fully informed to what you are shopping and use all that knowledge to cypher the listing, even then have found those that list items to be evasive on answers. Avoid ebay if possible!

By BroC H.

For their own purposes and to protect dishonest sellers. I was once an avid EBay shopper, but now avoid EBay. Buyer protection no longer exists. You buy at your own risk.

By Christine P.

Ebay sells nothing. You are dealing with private sellers. Some are good, some are not. The best way to determine this is to check the feedback. I personally never buy from anyone who has a feedback lower than 90%. 96% is considered bad, by Ebay. Take that with a grain of salt. Ebay management is nuts.

By Valerie F.

If you haven't already learned the hard way that Ebay is just pure bull$#*! when it comes to the sellers rights. When someone wants to send it back for any reason other than it doesn't work as described, you will be footing the bill. Not only will you lose the money you paid to ship it to them, Ebay will offer to provide a return label for them at your expense. Yep, that's right. They will bill you the price of the label if you don't provide it. Either way, you are paying for it to get back to you. It's get better. You can't leave negative feedback for the buyer either. It's not an option NO MATTER

By Chris N.

For myself, will use ebay as a last resort. Ebay is a den of thieves. Had one seller send me a phone book and sex book in place of sander I won to show he sent item of weight and shipped so he could collect off paypal/ebay, found out this seller had ripped off many before ebay closed his "store/ ripoff factory" down. I know they claim to have separated ebay and paypal but my credit card company said its smoke and mirrors, that they still work together. Ebay is on their way out!

By BroC H.

Yes . You are right. All what people told you are correct. Don't trust ebay and the seller on ebay. Amazon much better than them. But anyway the best way to buy electronics from the local stores or official stores.

By Alayham A.

Depends on the seller. I wouldn't buy anything off ebay because there a crappy company.

By Greg L.

You can contact the seller and ask. Also look at their rating, if it's 99% then they will take care of you! For years, most of my shopping I do is from sellers off Ebay and mostly do great! Good luck!

By brian b.

The correct thing to do is to email the seller and tell him you are not satisfied with the product and would like to return it for a refund. Most sellers will work with you. If after contacting the seller your problem is not resolved you than open a case with ebay that you the product is not satisfactory and you would like to return for a refund, Go to the seller first and give him a chance to make it right so it does not ruin his business.

By Shirley M.
Questions? Get answers from the eBay staff and other customers.

40 Photos for eBay