Review of eBay

hostmaster@ebay.com
2017 Customer choice award

jaydaj
10/23/18

I purchased so many things from ebay. i was satisfied when the things came. I will continue to order my things from there.

rickys59
10/17/18

I've bought a few items from Ebay and wasn't disappointed. Shipping was quite fast, sellers were polite and the prices weren't crazy. Would definitely recommend for anyone that wants to save a bit of money.

jeffc377
10/16/18

Ebay sends a request to "help: consumers after each purchase by rating the transaction. BEWARE! What they do NOT tell you is that if you actually do give a fair appraisal- you probably will no longer be sold to! Many companies request that you contact them FIRST before giving anything but a 5 star rating. This program is a FARCE! This happened to me. When I contacted E-bay, they said it was not their "problem" and that the vendor was free to sell to whoever they choose. I will no longer aid E-bay in their efforts (in rating products or services). E-bay's true allegiance is truly only to themselves- NOT the customer!

kurta36
10/15/18

I have not had a problem on this site that they didn't take care of. They will take care of any problem you have. I use eBay all the time and never had a problem

richardg543
10/15/18

I didn't receive my package and the seller tried to extortion me into giving them a positive review to get my item and then again to get my money back and I asked eBay to step in and they didn't care they said the package shows delivered and closed the case so they don't guarantee your money back now out my package and my money thanks eBay and nothing was done to the seller for trying to extortion me into giving them a positive review and again thank you eBay and it's against eBay rules to extortion people and is illegal but they don't care the seller is still selling on eBay so thanks eBay for all your worthless help

crystalb151
10/14/18

I've sold plenty on eBay. And I have a 100% rating. My beef is that now you have to offer at least 30 days for refunds verses 14 days they use to offer. So if l sell $1000 dollars worth of stuff I have to sit on it for 30 days. No thanks. No more return policy with me. And I'll find another platform to sell on.

nicd3
10/12/18

To be frank there is a lot of greatness in buying and maybe selling on ebay, but some things are just not ok. I had a seller take advantage of me by selectively marketing his product as one thing when it was another. When I complained he literally threatened me and wrote a very immature and profanity filled message to me.. to which eBay did nothing!

Another time I started selling things and they have hidden fees, they could easily and clearly detail. After I sold the items, I got a bill for over $100 for several extra things I was not aware. It's too easy for them to show you an added expense in the process for anyone to be surprised, but they don't. So don't be surprised when you get billed after the fact.

arnolds38
10/11/18

There was a time when eBay was king but those days seem long behind us. eBay has gone from a competitive business to just a business with their own interests placed well ahead of the customers! Sure, they talk a good game and appear "customer service" oriented, but they are far from it! With all of the things eBay does to secure new buyers and sellers, like eBay bucks and guarantee buyer protection, the experience continues to get worse and worse. One should also ask why eBay felt the need to implement these features...Is it because eBay saw the need to protect buyers and guarantee their purchases when those purchases went sideways? Well, I am a huge purchaser on eBay, but not a seller because I sell privately. I am glad I sell privately because I think my headaches would be doubled if I did twice the business on eBay. The biggest problem I have is that eBay allows sellers who have consistently bad reviews to continue doing business. There seems to be no process, no matter what they say, that punishes sellers who are unscrupulous and clearly scam buyers. I had a seller scam me out of a $85.00 purchase, leave a "false positive review" (meaning that the he used the positive feed back medium in order to leave me a bad comment) and he cussed me out via email, which eBay read and this guy is still selling! I also made a recent purchase from a guy who had 1,759 negative feedback remarks. How is a seller who is screwing people over that badly, and that clearly, still being allowed to conduct business on ebay? Why leave any feedback if it does nothing punitively to the seller? Sure feedback helps as a warning to buyers, but sometimes I move to quickly and I don't check seller feedback until it's too late. Scammers have also figured out ways to get your money and keep it and eBay can do little or nothing to prevent this either. Buyer protection is set up so that you have to wait to have eBay pay you back too! What I think needs to happen is this.....First, buyers should be allowed to block any sellers who they believe are conducting shady business or have actually conducted shady business. Seller ratings should be posted right next to their name REALLY BIG AND PROMINENTLY, and on the item they are selling also, so you know what you are getting immediately. This way, if I am moving to quick through a transaction, it won't matter because the seller selling practices will be broken down clearly and obviously so I cannot miss it! Presentation is huge and if an item is being presented in a manner where it says "Pioneer Turntable being offered by GRADE D seller" I guarantee that seller would do everything that they could to change that D to an A! I purchased an item from a seller who was really bad and because I rushed the transaction a few months later, purchased from the same guy! Bad experience feedback should give one the IMMEDIATE option to block that seller! If was given the option to block that seller I would have never gave him my business again, and worse, put myself at risk of a bad experience which I did have the second time too. The end result in changes like this will be that sellers will do everything in their power not to get blocked and to maintain a high rating next to their name. In NYC food places have "A to D" rating outside the business doors so you know what you're getting before you eat their food. If eBay did something similar then you will know what you're getting before you do business with every seller. My days doing business on eBay are surely numbered. It's only a matter of time before I don't visit the site at all. I will probably keep the account open, but I am sure that I will simply not buy from there anymore, or keep it open until I start getting annoying emails telling me that they "miss me and want me to come back" and that's when I will delete the account for good! I realize that I don't need them as much as I used to and the headaches, at least right now, far outweigh the benefits. Etsy has been my go-to site on my last 5 purchases and seems like the way to go for now. Ebay needs to get rid of gimmicks and do things that truly protect the buyers. Clarity and real punitive action is the first step. Full disclosure! Show the buyer, immediately who the seller is and how that seller does business! Believe me, do this and things will straighten themselves out in the end!

cathyj59
10/11/18

I often use the site and until now there is nothing bad happened. Items quality are acceptable at their prices. Return and refund is also easy. If the postage cost that be paid by customers to return items can be reduced or canceled, it will be much better :D

anthonyr261
10/9/18

Now I see you are charging .35 cents for extra listings, plus higher fees. I do not recommend being a Seller anymore on eBay. I am done. No more business buying or selling on eBay.

I Notice there is no Seller Loyalty or Protection, I got Robbed on eBAY and now forced to PAY TWICE for 2 eGift Cards for $300. I am out of $600 and with my Multiple Sclerosis and Blood Pressure, I can not handle this.

I am in the Red for an eBay Transaction and was basically robbed by a buyer on eBay (NOT ONLY DID I LOSE THE MONEY FOR THE CARDS THE CARDS WERE ALREADY USED) I Will Be REPORTING THIS TO THE POLICE AS WELL.

The Buyer is Fraudulent, purchased 2 Gift Cards from me on eBay (Email Delivery) one eGift Card for Target for $200 and one from Kohls for $100. I am not refunding the money for someone committing Fraud. He even left me a POSITIVE FEEDBACK ON EBAY FOR THE $200 TARGET GIFT CARD. MY EBAY STATES NO REFUNDS AND USING MY TARGET AND KOHLS ACCOUNT, I DO NOT GET REFUND BACKS FOR EMAIL GIFT CARDS. SO YOU GUYS DO WHAT YOU GOT TO DO AND HANDLE THIS, I AM NOT GETTING ROBBED BY SOMEONE.

I Sell and Buy for a long time with PayPal and eBay if you do not correct this you will lose my business.

Again here is your wonderful CONFIRMED Buyer who costs me $600

matthewd195
10/9/18

Fixed seller Feedback review system is a joke and unethical.This site treats sellers much better than buyers as they try to release thier liability. They ALWAYS side with the seller except for refunds issued because they want someone else to pay the refund not them. When you call they will tell you anything you want to hear and even will change feedback if you request it, BUT that's just another lie - they really dont care to help you they just act like they care. ITS A RIGGED SYTEM FOLKS!

lensb
10/9/18

I used to buy from ebay very often and didn't experience any bad things. I didn't get my orders few times but got refunded really quickly. One not so good thing that there are some competitors for Ebay now and they often offer better prices than Ebay. That is the only reason why I often choose other sites than Ebay to buy something from.

julianb63
10/5/18

Please do not trust this company with your credit card. you request a refund and you get taken. As you can see after waiting 3 months for an item which was given 10 days to arrive i returned the item of which i have receipt of i will not be recieving a refund!!! Ebays exact words!!!

stevep362
10/2/18

Even 1 star is too much for this bunch of utter clowns, even a long term 100% sellers are treated with utter contempt, no concern or care for the conciquencies of ebay customer service's actions, they are judge, jury and exicutioner, find another platform to sell on but not gumtree as they own that as well!!

krish282
10/1/18

I ordered a Coco Chanel shower curtain, item #263787679845 from an Ebay seller named Kartska-0 aka Kha_chm_fpe1zvg. I paid $39.98 on my charge card on 7/21/18. Of course they quickly got their money. Unfortunately weeks passed by and I still had not received my product nor had the seller contacted me. I had to email them and request my product be sent. The item was to arrive no later than 8/16/18. This den of thieves lied and said my product got lost and that it should be arriving soon. Days went past and I emailed again! Finally, the item arrives on 9/1/18 only it's not the item I ordered. I hit the roof!!! This time I threatened to report them to Ebay. What a waste of time. Ebay is a den of thieving sharks and don't care if you get taken. I call Ebay stay on the phone over 2 hours being shifted from one operator to another. HORRIBLE customer service! I provide with all the emails and even the email where I threatened to report them to "Sitejabber". Finally, they tell me they will contact the seller and have them send me a return label and then I get my money credited back. WTF!!! Are you serious? Do you think I wanna be shaghaied and bamboozled again? Ebay then sends another email stating the seller can't send a return label and for me to just send the item back and then I will get the credit to my account. I went completely OFF!!! Ebay and the seller not only emotionally raped me but continued the merchant abuse by trying to get me to pay to send the wrethched item back. Please beware of Ebay!!! They support thieves, hustlers, liars and criminals. They will back them and take your money and not give it back. Obvious Ebay is desperate if you can't even return $39.98 to a customer! They are corrupt and sleazy. DO NOT throw your money away to Ebay! Go to Amazon! To date Ebay has not returned my money. Ebay is the pimp and the seller is the whore or retail human trafficking!!! Should be a law against this kind of abuse!!!

Tip for consumers: I wish I could give "no stars". Please beware of the pimp site known as Ebay!!! Protect your hard earned money! They will bend every which way and then steal from you. Next thing you know they go ghost and you are out of some money!!! They are retail terriorists! Stay away from Ebay and its crooked sellers!!!

jonathanl25
9/30/18

Site charges you for every little action beware without notice you'll have racked up a small bill after listing items even items not sold. I will only list large selling items do not recommend for multiple cheap items. Site navigation is horrible for sellers and there should be alerts prompting any type of fees. You are also getting fees when on mobile devices the default option to relist items automatically charging you up to x8!!!

miguelr72
9/30/18

If you want some warranty don't buy here.
I bought a Nikon Battery, it worked for 2 months, it was nor perfect but it worked. I had some minor issues (less capacity, more charge time, it stopped work when it was half full) but just keep using it.
I evaluated the buy because it seemed good (before the minor issues).
Then after 2 months the battery just stopped working.
Reported the situation to the seller. (https://www.ebay.com/usr/sunpower-fly)
Reported the situation to ebay.
Reported the situation to Paypal.
I will report this situation to Nikon. (It's not a Nikon battery but they say it is.)

In Europe we have a warranty of 3 years in this kind of products. Here it was a total loss of money and time for me.

I tried to change my evaluation of the seller but eBay does not permit.

reviewr6
9/29/18

ebay is reasonable. I prefer it over Amazon, the search facility is definitely better. If you return an order bought on ebay, you usually have to pay postage, Amazon pays your return postage for you.

Ebay pays a similar percentage of tax as amazon, so in principle it's no better, but the overall business is smaller than amazon, so the actual £profit and numbers are lower

Paypal (owned by ebay) is an utter cash cow. Taking a chunk of all payments. Like I
said...ebay/paypal need competition

milesw22
9/26/18

Beware! The return policies can be hard to navigate, and if there is a problem,good luck! You will likely be talking to someone who barely speaks English and has a poor grasp of its meaning.

limk3
9/25/18

AS A SITE FOR MARKETPLACE SITE, THEY ARE DISAPPOINTING SERVICE NOW , DESPITE I PATRON THIER BUSINESS OVER DECADE SINCE EARLY DAYS. BEING SELLING ON EBAY , THEY PLACE TOO RESTRICTION , ERROS IN SITE, SEND MESSAGE FOR MTHS, NO REPLY , NO BOTHER , NO SUPPORT . PAID AND PAID FEES , YET PROBLEMS NO RESOLVED .

je58
9/25/18

Using ebay is usually ok unless there is a problem. Twice I have sold stuff on ebay & the buyer has requested to return the item by making false statements. The problem is that ebay allows buyers to return anything & everything without any evidence, photos, etc & makes the seller pay for everything which is unfair! When postage is $10 for an item & the seller has to pay $10 to send it & then $10 for the return all of a sudden it costs the seller $20 if a buyer wants to return something..for any reason the buyer has with no pictures or evidence or anything..this can get expensive for sellers to ship goods all over the US without collecting any money. Customer service doesn't care at all about sellers return policy or requesting any evidence from buyers either...they want sellers to eat the costs of returns which is unfair when buyers break the return policy. A buyer with an address registered to about 50 companies including pawn shops & tax companies did this to me & it appears to be fraudulent or for money laundering purposes & I am not happy with how ebay requires no evidence of damage or something being not as described before allowing the buyer to return the item for a full refund at a $20 expense to the seller. Ebay fails sellers on a massive level. Ebay has a defacto policy that the 'buyer is always right' and free returns for all buyers EVEN IF SELLERS HAVE NO RETURNS in their contracts.

clarar37
9/25/18

Ive gotten makeup and crossed my fingers when i open the packages they werent going to be broken..all was good till my last order a few month ago my huda powder broke and i had to send it back and reorder

jackh224
9/23/18

Just like aliexpress it became a scam site for people from countries famous for scaming. stay away. Buy somewhere else

imtiyaza1
9/20/18

Many times item either lost or not received, the customer care executives are rude, cannot block the seller

dalel68
9/18/18

Ebay has become a nightmare. Never again would any of our businesses use them as a third party. Many more options out there. Hopefully will all the bad reviews we can drive them out of business

1,465 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I would never buy a used car without seeing it in person and having it checked out.

By James W.

Ebay is a den of thieves. Even Ebay is evasive on complaints to answers. When looking for items, be sure to be fully informed to what you are shopping and use all that knowledge to cypher the listing, even then have found those that list items to be evasive on answers. Avoid ebay if possible!

By BroC H.

For their own purposes and to protect dishonest sellers. I was once an avid EBay shopper, but now avoid EBay. Buyer protection no longer exists. You buy at your own risk.

By Christine P.

Ebay sells nothing. You are dealing with private sellers. Some are good, some are not. The best way to determine this is to check the feedback. I personally never buy from anyone who has a feedback lower than 90%. 96% is considered bad, by Ebay. Take that with a grain of salt. Ebay management is nuts.

By Valerie F.

If you haven't already learned the hard way that Ebay is just pure bull$#*! when it comes to the sellers rights. When someone wants to send it back for any reason other than it doesn't work as described, you will be footing the bill. Not only will you lose the money you paid to ship it to them, Ebay will offer to provide a return label for them at your expense. Yep, that's right. They will bill you the price of the label if you don't provide it. Either way, you are paying for it to get back to you. It's get better. You can't leave negative feedback for the buyer either. It's not an option NO MATTER

By Chris N.

For myself, will use ebay as a last resort. Ebay is a den of thieves. Had one seller send me a phone book and sex book in place of sander I won to show he sent item of weight and shipped so he could collect off paypal/ebay, found out this seller had ripped off many before ebay closed his "store/ ripoff factory" down. I know they claim to have separated ebay and paypal but my credit card company said its smoke and mirrors, that they still work together. Ebay is on their way out!

By BroC H.

Yes . You are right. All what people told you are correct. Don't trust ebay and the seller on ebay. Amazon much better than them. But anyway the best way to buy electronics from the local stores or official stores.

By Alayham A.

Depends on the seller. I wouldn't buy anything off ebay because there a crappy company.

By Greg L.

You can contact the seller and ask. Also look at their rating, if it's 99% then they will take care of you! For years, most of my shopping I do is from sellers off Ebay and mostly do great! Good luck!

By brian b.

The correct thing to do is to email the seller and tell him you are not satisfied with the product and would like to return it for a refund. Most sellers will work with you. If after contacting the seller your problem is not resolved you than open a case with ebay that you the product is not satisfactory and you would like to return for a refund, Go to the seller first and give him a chance to make it right so it does not ruin his business.

By Shirley M.
Questions? Get answers from the eBay staff and other customers.

eBay?