Review of eBay

Tel: 1773-1553612
2018 Customer choice award

noraf28
3/20/19

Have been a seller since 2007 with positive reviews. I offered bone china pieces with no return/refund in case of possible mishandling in shipping and because of the delicate nature of the items. There were several photos for a potential buyer to view. I would have happily provided additional photos more close up. The item was very well packaged. The buyer knew of the no return/refund policy. I was told the item arrived with a hairline crack. The buyer contacted eBay for a refund. I disputed it summarizing what is outlined above. Despite all of this, eBay sided with the buyer and eBay gave the customer money as a refund out of my account. That same day, I contacted customer service to close my account (this was 2/13/19). I was told I had a balance of $11.75 (despite my last invoice showed a credit of over $18 which they were holding). Just to unhook from this nightmare of a sellers' company, I paid the $11.75 immediately. This week 3/18/19, I received an email from eBay customer service informing me I have a balance of $5 and change. I said balance was paid. They then advised this was for the postage on the return! . Selling on eBay actually cost me (for this one item) $20 in postage and handling both ways. A collosal joke and a completely counter-intuitive way to run a business. Without sellers, eBay would not exist. It is "biting the hands" that feeds it. I consider any obligation to eBay or anything related thereto to be closed. However, I expect another email.

constantinl2
3/17/19

I ordered on ebay.com a Turkish Dolma sarma rolling machine for $9.59 , free shipping, on 2/9/2019. The seller is missfactory from Hong Kong, good reviews on the ebay site. I received an order confirmation and the second day they charged my CC. After another day I received a new email that the item was shipped by USPS and an expected delivery range date from 2/14 to 2/22/2019. Few days later, with the USPS trackingnumber I saw that my parcel is traveling thru NJ state, saw is in US and didn't other follow ups. On Sunday evening I verified again the ebay site and surprise, the item was delivered the day before, Saturday 2/16/2019 in the mail box in the morning. But, Saturday I was home and took from my mail box some mails and didn't receive any other package. I let the seller know I didn't receive my item and he replied with the USPS text that the parcel was delivered on Saturday morning. I said again I didn't receive it and he replied that he will escalate the case to USPS for verification and that an answer will be available in 15 business days. View this, I contacted USPS by their web site and let them know I didn't receive my package. After 3 days, the USPS supervisor from my area office replied that the carrier put the parcel in a wrong mail box and are going to ask for have it back. Surprise, the person that the carrier remembered took my package, denied she receive any other package - as per the USPS supervisor. And he apologized asking I file an appeal for money reimbursement. With this e-mail, where the USPS recognized the bad service they did, I asked to the seller - missfactory - to ship to me a new item and ask for insurance to USPS. They replied that for them the item is delivered. If so, I let USPS supervisor know the seller consider the item is deliver - as per the tracking file - and I asked to them to reimburse my money being guilty for the error. Surprise: the supervisor replied the package wasn't insured and they cannot reimburse the value !!! I let him know that me as a buyer, I cannot insure my package but the seller, yes. And got back to the seller asking for money reimbursement based on USPS words and ask why if they sell an item twice the other sellers price, they do not insured the shipment. They replied again they consider the item was delivered according the tracking file. I escalate to Ebay.com resolution center and they said the case is closed because I received the item.
Guys, for me is not about my $10 I lost but I want to let you know about very bad services and case resolution I received from USPS - so if you can verify the carrier, go with FEDEX or UPS or the new AMAZON shipping service. I cannot imagine how the USPS supervisor recognized to me their error but let the seller know they delivered the package at the good address unless the seller escalation was a lie. If yes, the seller lied to me, don't buy items from such bad guys. And last, ebay resolution center guys didn't ask for any proof for me - my e-mails with USPS supervisor - to make a good judgement but based on a wrong tracking file - recognized by USPS as wrong - decided I received my item. Guys, to avoid in the feature such a hassle, time waste and stress, I will order only by AMAZON or WALMART or other GOOGLE shopping but not anymore from e-bay. And double check who's the carrier. And not anymore from China or HONG KONG - China as well, or other ASIA sellers view they not insure the shipping. As its not my first time I experienced problems with them.

billt168
3/15/19

I've been a member since 1998 and browse eBay daily. It's a fun place to go look for things and research those oddities you find at yard sales!

louisaa5
3/14/19

I have been a loyal seller and buyer to ebay since 2010 and have a 100% top class feedback, however ebay just played the heavy hand by telling me without proper reason to refund a customer 95 euro!!! without respecting my case or the option they themselves say they allow you of a 'No Refund ' which then in turn makes you think whats the point if they dont respect this option, and the fact my description was honest and totally accurate, apparantly they can also take the money from my account if I don't pay up, the complaints chat are robot's who play the same heavy hand and dictate to you to send a return, or else basically pointing a gun at your head, saying it is in your best interest as a seller.
Ebay are not the ones who could go into debt, but customers are.
The item I sold was described perfectly, and should not have been an issue, they had the item for over 7 weeks through the winter months, ( a leather body warmer) I asked the buyer shortly afterward if they recieved the item, the only time they replied was 7 weeks later, looking for a return, and previous to this they asked for deductions, which I gave to them. Like the miticulous ebay seller I was.
Sad ebay has came to this, they were my fave selling site, but they even took money of for items I didn't even sell, just for no reason, buttons are sratigically placed so you hit refund return as you scroll, also other prompts lead u into payment you shouldn't be paying, everything on ebay is now geared for there own profit through corrupt methods.

mercys5
3/12/19

prompt shipping,honest, very professional & ethical business Ebay has been so far. i look forward to more business transactions and long lived relationship with Ebay i'm still new but so far all has been phenomenal.

deana85
3/8/19

I (did) order almost every day from ebay. But today when I logged in and went to my Purchase History the Order Date was missing from every purchase. Then why call it "Purchase History". What kind of Ecommerce site does not give you the order dates of your original order. Whomever made that call should be fired. I called customer service but that was useless. I am making no more purchases and When the last item comes in that I ordered I am closing my account.

haroldb109
2/26/19

I bought a box of 12 new pens from a company. When I got the pens only one would work. I wrote a unsatisfactory review on this company. I was then notified by this company, that if I would change my review to 5 stars they would send me another set of pens. I refused to lie about this company and therefore did not get more pens. If this is how an EBAY review works I am totally in disagreement.

brett11
2/24/19

eBay member since dec, 13 1998. Bret69 is my user name. Perfect feedback. Over 100 transactions. Last thing I sold, a $1000 lathe chuck, sold for $270 and a hold was placed on my funds for 1 month. eBay expected me to pay out of pocket to ship this heavy item across the country. I needed the funds from the sale to pay for shipping. I ended up refunding the money to the seller. I spent over an hour on the phone with them trying to get the $27 transaction fee reversed and was told the buyer had to initiate the cancellation of the transaction, which I have since learned is not true. I put a block on my bank account and now ebay is continually harassing me over non payment. They won't ever get a dime from me. DONT EVER TRY AND HOLD BRET TAYLORS MONEY!

jimmyg26
2/22/19

There is a seller on Ebay that goes by the user name pierregolfmanstore. Avoid this seller at all cost he sold me a pair of irregular $#*!ies jeans that had different size leg openings that goes over where your boots or shoes would be. The jeans also had coloration issues. I told him when he asked for a review on the jeans and to give feedback on him as a seller what I really thought about him and the jeans. He then begged me not to leave bad feedback. And he asked me to send him pictures so I did just that. I sent him several pictures. He proceeded to call me a liar and a scammer and something about faking pictures. Then he said after doing a forensic investigation that the jeans weren't the same jeans he sent and even the coloring was different. He is so full of it the pants are the ones he sent. I don't even have another pair of that style. I have a pair of the $#*!ies Flex and several pairs of the duck pants that come in 3 different colors. Brown, Black, Green. The ones I ordered from pierregolfmanstore the con-artist are Blue. He was upset because his 100% customer satisfaction rating was being tarnished. Because I told him I didn't want a $22 refund that would cost me more than that in my time and then having to buy gas for someone else and pay them for their time to run me around to find someone to print the return shipping label and then having to find someone to print out a label for me plus having to pay someone for their time and gas to take me to the Post Office to mail the jeans back out. I think little French Pierre is a peter puffer. I am posting this to warn everyone to avoid him and his items that he has for sale on EBay. He is a crook. Stop by ebay and look him up and tell him you heard he sells clothes that are 2nds at best and a bunch of irregulars. Avoid him at all cost or he will cheat you. Trust me you will not be satisfied!!!!!

Tip for consumers: Avoid the seller pierregolfmanstore he sales bad clothes that are factory 2nds at best and they are irregulars as well !!!!!!!!!

whyw
2/20/19

Ebay protect its seller, 2009shoppingmall ( 157161 ), to deceive consumers by buying good reviews by lying to her consumers that she will return their money if they re-write the review to good. If consumers rewrite the review, she close the access of review, but does not return any money. Must under ebay helps, this seller controls the access of review all the time. A buyer can get the review link only after they receive items. The link will complete shut off after reviewing. But the seller or ebay will reopen it only buyers agree to rewrite good one under the seller's lie returning money. Otherwise, consumers never have the access to review her product. That review access control by sellers for their benefits through website operation under ebay website indicates that ebay involves in the deception.
I also need to mention the seller, 2009shoppingmall (157161), uses misleading language to deceive consumer by calling the toy room dividers (big as a book) as room dividers. If consumers do not check the size or not familiar with size unit, they will buy it because they take the item as real room dividers. She just know people will return the item for paying mailing back to China. Even though ebay says that consumers can return free, but you will get charge for packing. And the seller usually sell not too expensive item, so buyers will not real send back. The seller is China even though she used English name email me. I came from China. I saw too many similar deception in China. Most of sellers deceive buyers like her.
Remenber her selling user name: 2009shoppingmall (157161)! She may change it after finding my review here. She sells "6 Panel Screen Room Divider Fabric Wood Frame Folding Partition Privacy".
I sell picture her products and her email asking I rewrite review! I am glad I did not lie it.

sladem1
2/20/19

Not even free diamonds.
Buyer grossly misrepresented Item & shipping price. It took over a month for the item to arrive. eBay asked me to pay for the return shipping. Seller got defensive, then nasty, then threatened me. When the seller predictably pretended like he never received the item (despite my receipt of shipping) seller got defensive, then nasty, then threatened me. When seller predictably pretended like he never received the item (despite my receipt of shipping) And kept Over $65 of my money, eBay was okay with this, even complicit, because it is within their assinine policies. Their policies are consistently protective of their frequently disreputable sellers. This is not my 1st experience with their worst customer service on earth. It will be my last. Save your time, money, & sanity: Do business elsewhere.

shannonc324
2/19/19

I purchased a motor through eBay for my Mini. The seller had listed the motor incorrectly and refused to provide a return ticket. To add insult to injury he was also very harassing via email. I sent him proof that the motor was incorrect and he still refused to provide shipping. eBay determined the motor was listed incorrectly and promised a full refund. I have yet to receive it and it's been a month. eBay tells me that I have to now fight with PayPal but I cannot submit a dispute through PayPal bc I did not purchase the item though PayPal. I cannot repair my vehicle bc I've not had a refund of my funds. I even offered to send the motor back when the refund was processed although eBay said I didn't have to and even though this seller was very belligerent. My advice is: Find someone else to purchase your parts through bc this company does not stand by their guarantees and warranties. I let him know the day we received it that it was incorrect. I'm still fighting to get someone to adhere to the policy and guarantee that I was provided upon purchase. It has been very difficult being without a car for so long and very a very difficult and extremely long process to get this corrected. It may not mean much to eBay and this seller but my car is the only transportation I have for myself and my son. My hope and prayer is that nothing emergent happens to either one of us or our pets while I'm waiting on this to be resolved bc we would be out of luck. I think it's a sad day when large companies do things like this to people - all people. For those of you that read this review, please pray for our family. Being without a vehicle bc of this company's refusal to uphold their policies is nerve racking and upsetting.

samia39
2/19/19

totally lots of fraud seller never money back guaranty .2016 i bought trouser i never receive money.

genevievel17
2/13/19

There have been good purchases made from sellers from China and there have been bad purchases. What a lot of them do is have friends to increase betting but eBay never does anything to the seller if you report them. I've also won bids and they don't send out the item or they do they claim it was "lost." That's not true. You can tell they didn't like that I won the item on a low bid since they went and put the backpack back up. Again, eBay doesn't do anything. I also don't like millions of resellers in the world as of late. These are usually US sellers that are resellers. A lot of things they get in clearance at Michael's and Hobby Lobby they sell at full price plus shipping. I never buy from a US seller unless it's a book I really need and it ends up being cheaper through eBay. My warning is: shop around first even if the item is from China as I've seen them sell paper clips that seem cheap but they sell it individually whereas Hobby Lobby will sell it for cheaper but with a whole bunch of paper clips. That's just an example as I've seen it. It's cheaper to also get books at the thrift store than through EBay sometimes also. Like I said they if I really need or want the book I get it through EBay.

Another warning is that I've seen things from the Dollar Tree and they are selling them at $7.95. That's insane! I cannot stress it enough; shop around first. Sometimes when it seems like a good deal; it's probably not. Especially with US sellers.

I've mentioned this on my other review but just in case: the same sellers that are on Wish and AliExpress are the same as EBay. A lot of them just change their username but have a similar logo. They'll charge more on EBay because it's pricier to place their merchandise.

alexb430
2/12/19

Sold my gaming laptop on Ebay and the guy stole all the parts out of the laptop, smashed the screen and then proceeded to file a claim for a return two weeks after he received the item and said the screen was broken upon delivery. We got the laptop back weeks after eBay settled on his side, the guy was too stupid and lazy to even try to hide the fact that he gutted our laptop because the cover wasn't even screwed on and it popped off to reveal the the parts missing! I call eBay and file a claim, upload 5 pictures, only for them to tell me I still need to pay the SOB back for the parts he stole from me. Will never use eBay to buy or sale again.

danielj226
2/12/19

I got scammed by the seller XPS Direct on the ebay platform. A Dell Alienware worth of £2k+ laptop has been advertised by this indian seller with certain specs, and he sends it away with lower specs . He was rude and ignorant and he didn't cared ahout what he advertised and what he sent .

So i asked Ebay to intervene, and they said if i don't like it i can return the item and that is that . But if i'd be doing that he'd get away with his wrongdoings and they won't be doing anything . So i asked ebay to get the seller to send a refund for the missing specs worth of value, and then i left the seller a negative feedback .

What ebay did was to remove the negative feedback, and then also closed the case with no solution provided . So i got screwed £2000 by this indian seller and ebay alltogether .

Awful place to buy your stuff . There are way better places!

sm374
2/9/19

I listed a watch for sale and got scammed within 8 hours of posting. Fortunately I didn't fall for it. The buyer offered nearly double the opening bid price, and then sent a fake email from PayPal telling me I needed to ship the item and send a tracking number before they would release the funds. I contacted PayPal and the email is fake. EBay has no place on the site to report this kind of activity and still shows that the item sold (and they are invoicing me 10%) for $5,200.00. Seriously illegal activity. I'll take my stuff locally from now on!!! Not to mention bringing all email correspondence to the Attorney General office.

darrenm82
2/8/19

There is a seller on ebay openly committing fraud on ebay customers and ebay doesn't want to do anything about it. The have pointed me to paypal but they wont do anything either. Ebay is not interested in doing anything about sellers current products for sale that offer the same warranty that they are not honoring for my $2600.00 purchase. They just spin me in circles asking if they have answered my questions to which the answer is no. They just want me to go away and be quiet.

anthonys490
2/7/19

I have been buying items from EBAY since 12/18. I finally realised they are running a Criminal Enterprise. When I had issues, and was told by "Wendy" I won the case based on eBay's "bogus" money back guarantee pledge. Then I followed her instruction's not to contact the Corrupt Seller for three DAYS That SELLER who is know as member "thesixfees8017". Never received shipping label. Marco of ebay service told me thesixsfees told their investigators that i broke the clock. Well after a discussion, MARCO told me they must have lied and I should have won the case. I next called Wendy ebay resolutions. She was speechless and sorry i did not win. PAYPAL is involved. a customer of theirs, Cannot contact the. ELECTRONIC WALLS. In my case as well. PAYPAL Paid a Company from China that they are FULLY aware. It's a SCAM Co. That PAYPAL assists in Completeing the crime by using YOUR money to PAY FRAUD CO. Hence PAYPAL Conspiritor. Retired Law Enforcement Officer, to which I will Expose and hopefully the guilty will be shut down.

justicej5
2/6/19

Ebay linweipqq Chinese Seller Scam Scum Untrustworthy Negative Feedback

This Chinese seller really got some nerves.
To start with, the item wasn't as described and I have requested to send it back .
We have mutually agreed that once they received the item, they will refund the cost of the item including the return postage cost. Things change when the item reach in China.
I ve return the item with Royal Mail track and signed and keep the seller update with tracking number and proof of postage
This seller never bother (Or don't want ) to check the item and the post tried to deliver the item for 5 days or more but no answer. ( The post leave the card for pick up ofc)
I've contacted the seller for this, and only replied after repeated chasing.
1 minute after replying hi , sorry ,we not Have received it , we will go to post Office ask them ,many thanks ,The seller has opened case and ask Ebay to help in , and 15 min after that the case was CLOSED AND RESOLVED and I will not be refunded!
To my surprise, what's kind of lies the seller telling ebay and what kind of gullible customer service who handled this matter without checking fact and evidence with both seller and buyer. (in this case seller only)
Its been almost 2 months dealing with this, my case was closed in 30 min!
I have go all to way to make this right with a lot and patience and time wasted as they did not reply and need to be chased. I don't even gave them a neutral and negative feedback as I think its only fair for both parties until this is resolved.
It was very frustrating, confusing and disturbing and of course I have appealed for this matter to look at again.
Fortunately, someone is a bit smarter from Ebay customer service look at it, and eventually I was refunded for item and now waiting for Paypal to refund the return postage cost.
I wish I could send negative feedback to warn potential buyer, but I am bit too late for that . Tho , I am gratitude I can write it here and hope people would google up their name and learn from my experience.

andreyp22
2/6/19

The worst customer care that doesn't care about their clients and want themselves figure out the jungle their programmers setup for them.
Every aspect of the company becomes worse and worse every time I tried selling on their website.
More and more problems arose with every sale I was making and ebay doesn't do anything to resolve the issues that become apparent.
They want to distance themselves as far as possible from the process claiming they're middleman. But they're first to make the worse decisions when scammers attack they're honest sellers.
It's the worst company out there. Hopefully competition will eat them alive and take this frustration of all the frustrated customers....

tommyr35
2/5/19
• Updated review

Apparently in a recent dealing with eBay Global, I was temporarily "suspended" for 7 days because I actually sell on other sites (but never cross reference in any sites).

I called eBay Central and was connected with a foreign representative who claimed that using the phrase "proprietary online monopoly" was PROFANITY.
I reminded that rep she was in error & she told me to "cease using profanity" as if she was reading off a prompting card.

I demanded to be connected with a local rep...that one threatened to have me permanently removed from the eBay community... BASICALLY ALL BECAUSE I USE OTHER SELLING SITES.

ATTENTION eBay:
YOU ARE NOT A PROPRIETARY ONLINE MONOPOLY!!!

“Buyer/Seller since 2002”
7/12/18
• Previous review

I've only ever had 3 nonsensical transactions on eBay as a buyer OR seller since 2002.

Although eBay has been nicknamed "feebay" by many users, it's still a decent site.
Not perfect, but it's been good enough to have a business from 2002-2008 & reestablish it in 2018 after a decade-long hiatus, while keeping my buyer/seller username open since 2002.
Reestablishing my seller account was easy.
STILL...fees tend to be a little bit high...if one doesn't sell properly.

rons338
1/30/19

I noticed eBay was selling many hate books, included one that promoted murder, which is against their own policies and probably against the law, so I reasonably reported the items and complained on eBay's forum, but my thread was deleted by a moderator called li_gary who claimed it was disruptive or repetitive, which made no sense, so I closed my eBay account, and they won't be getting any more of my money. They also show a lot of misleading prices in search results, so you see a clock for $1, but when you go to the page, it's really $30, because the $1 price was for a plug adapter and not the product that is actually being advertised, and that makes it impossible to sort by price, it wastes your time, and it's just plain dishonest.

jayw152
1/22/19

Ordered from a Chinese company. Sent me wrong product. Sent back but do to time to ship to China they said I, and not shipping time, exceeded time to return product! I will never order from e bay again, lost all my money.

wesleyd24
1/21/19

High fees! When you sell something you have to pay a 10% ebay fee, 3% PayPal fee and the seller has to pay for $&H

1,466 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I would never buy a used car without seeing it in person and having it checked out.

By James W.

Ebay is a den of thieves. Even Ebay is evasive on complaints to answers. When looking for items, be sure to be fully informed to what you are shopping and use all that knowledge to cypher the listing, even then have found those that list items to be evasive on answers. Avoid ebay if possible!

By BroC H.

For their own purposes and to protect dishonest sellers. I was once an avid EBay shopper, but now avoid EBay. Buyer protection no longer exists. You buy at your own risk.

By Christine P.

Ebay sells nothing. You are dealing with private sellers. Some are good, some are not. The best way to determine this is to check the feedback. I personally never buy from anyone who has a feedback lower than 90%. 96% is considered bad, by Ebay. Take that with a grain of salt. Ebay management is nuts.

By Valerie F.

If you haven't already learned the hard way that Ebay is just pure bull$#*! when it comes to the sellers rights. When someone wants to send it back for any reason other than it doesn't work as described, you will be footing the bill. Not only will you lose the money you paid to ship it to them, Ebay will offer to provide a return label for them at your expense. Yep, that's right. They will bill you the price of the label if you don't provide it. Either way, you are paying for it to get back to you. It's get better. You can't leave negative feedback for the buyer either. It's not an option NO MATTER

By Chris N.

For myself, will use ebay as a last resort. Ebay is a den of thieves. Had one seller send me a phone book and sex book in place of sander I won to show he sent item of weight and shipped so he could collect off paypal/ebay, found out this seller had ripped off many before ebay closed his "store/ ripoff factory" down. I know they claim to have separated ebay and paypal but my credit card company said its smoke and mirrors, that they still work together. Ebay is on their way out!

By BroC H.

Yes . You are right. All what people told you are correct. Don't trust ebay and the seller on ebay. Amazon much better than them. But anyway the best way to buy electronics from the local stores or official stores.

By Alayham A.

Depends on the seller. I wouldn't buy anything off ebay because there a crappy company.

By Greg L.

You can contact the seller and ask. Also look at their rating, if it's 99% then they will take care of you! For years, most of my shopping I do is from sellers off Ebay and mostly do great! Good luck!

By brian b.

The correct thing to do is to email the seller and tell him you are not satisfied with the product and would like to return it for a refund. Most sellers will work with you. If after contacting the seller your problem is not resolved you than open a case with ebay that you the product is not satisfactory and you would like to return for a refund, Go to the seller first and give him a chance to make it right so it does not ruin his business.

By Shirley M.
Questions? Get answers from the eBay staff and other customers.

eBay?