Review of eBay

Tel: 1773-1553612
2018 Customer choice award

johna24
7/14/19

Return and money back guarantee policy is totally worthless.
Ordered two identical Item- one was defected.
Asked to return defective Item or have a refund issued.
The seller closed refund request and will not respond to any Correspondence. Called Ebay customer service and they said there was nothing they could do. That we had to deal directly with ths seller. Who is not responding to attempts to correspond for weeks.

lenam89
7/10/19

People! Do not shop on eBay! What a mess I got into. Had to create account, verify account, had to create PayPal, verify PayPal, then they blocked my PayPal because the name didn't match my billing name, all this just to buy a small toy car???! I wasted hours on stupid customer service that wasn't even in America, people what a neglect! They transfer their call service center to the Philippines! I don't mind them, but it just shows the pure neglect of Ebay and PayPal, that they don't give a damn about their customers! Don't buy don't sell!

ronj117
7/10/19

Let's sellers steal from you with fraudulent items and does nothing about because they are losing sellers eceryday

kellys485
7/10/19

I've been a customer on eBay for years you can find some really good finds on sweet deals! but being a customer on eBay you still have to take heed because it comes with the fabulous sellers and the greedy or plain horrible sellers not all sellers are professional or seem to care about the business they have on eBay all that much if there is an issue certain sellers will not reply or comply. 99% of the time it is the seller's fault from complete laziness narcissism negativity or greed if anyone would know about this eBay team support would from all the cases that are opened to the negative feedback left about sellers to customer complaints. I feel it's not fair to the customers to deal with that sort of headaches when customers who buy from eBay keep getting burned by these negative sellers and eBay itself. sure you can open a case with eBay over a defective item but eBay can also take sides with the sellers and want you to come out of pocket to return the trash that was sent to you meanwhile sometimes after not only purchasing the item listed that you didn't receive as described and while sometimes paying for shipping and always now extremely high taxes eBay just recently started is 8 to 9 % if that isn't the prime example of greed I don't know what is its not like eBay doesn't make enough already with their fees its probably some rich greedy ignorant CEO who's sitting back just collecting more money. mind you when items don't arrive you may get a refund for the item but you're not getting the taxes you paid back which makes eBay look even worse I am pulling away from eBay more now and doing my online shopping elsewhere. when I've gotten get bit on eBay I bite back when eBay is no assistance or any help to me I personally will go to the next step pay pal and last but not least straight to my bank If really needed, there you will get the help that's required and is fair. I still feel its unnecessary and ridiculous customers would have to go that far. sellers should get so many chances and if they continue to fail by being dishonest or unprofessional they should be banned permanently from eBay avoiding these issues. the best advice I can give is if you're going to shop on eBay to always go by the feedback left by other customers because it can save so much time and money spite the ridiculous taxes now smh

normaj32
7/7/19

I love McCoy Pottery and have found the nicest pieces on eBay. I have had no problems with any of my purchases. They arrive on time and have always been packed so as not to break.

semib
7/2/19

I placed an order for a Reborn baby doll, some how it ended up in Ohio, when I live in CA. It was clearly stated on the delivery invoice where to deliver the package, I was so upset. But I did get a refund, but would have rather the little life like baby girl. We'll somebody's a new mother, and for FREE!Thanks ebay..SB, Mentone, CA

marial531
7/2/19

Ebay is the worst. They talk about seller protection but when I needed them most, they turned against me. They were supposed to help me with a fraudulent buyer and decided to change their minds after the fact and believed the liar. Take my advice, don't use them to sell, instead find your local selling service. They're not worth the fees either. After selling with them for 5 years I would have expected better and fair treatment

brandonm227
6/29/19

Mi facil de buscar encontrar y mirar todo tipo de cosas que me interesa buscar .. gracias a cada una de las consturciones de los bloques para accerder de manera rapida y eficiente

ninaj25
6/27/19

I ordered some bulbs for my flash studio lights. They came from China. They were never delivered to me. I can't get a refund or a new order. The Chinese company won't refund. Ebay won't refund or hold them accountable. I will never ever buy from eBay again. Scammers

eval75
6/26/19

I do a little selling on Ebay and really don't make a lot of sales. Their costs are not great so you have to raise your price some to even make anything with some items. I do like them for buying needed stuff though.

tainac
6/26/19

I find it disgusting that I purchased a Fitbit and what I thought was a Square Trade Warranty from Ebay. When I went to use my warranty it was not found. It turns out Ebay had a fake vendor on their site. Well, after an hour and a half on the phone, I finally was able to speak to a manager. Since they are unable to work with Square Trade to get a warranty for me, I asked for a refund for my Square Trade Warranty and the Fit Bit. They only wanted to give me a refund for the Square Trade Warranty (after almost the hour and a half of trying to get me off the phone and insisting I needed to show Square Trade more information, which I did not). It is not my fault that they let a fake vendor on their site. Obviously, I would not have purchased the Fit Bit device without an option of the warranty so it a package deal. How can a refund of $15.99 help me get a new device or help me get my watch fixed? They did not care - therefore, I will shortly be canceling my Ebay account after years of being a customer. I'm only waiting so that I have time to send feedback to them on their site as well.

yohanj3
6/23/19

I had been buying same items for months and none of them being sent. (It was fujifilm instax9 sheets). Everytime i have to call customer service and most are did not get proper training to handle it, cannot give any straight answer and wasting time repeating same information over and over again. Bad to do business in ebay nowadays!

omarr44
6/22/19

You can't go wrong if you check sellers' rating. It almost always cheaper, don't ask me why (some shady deals jaja)

sb394
6/21/19

Seller is always in the wrong - buyer can get a refund on item and they are hardly questioned. My buyer was concerned as her item apparently smelled - considering I came from a pet free/smoke free house and that it was a brand new item - was a very poor excuse. The buyer never even replied to my last message that I sent when trying to resolve the problem but instead sent the issue for further escalation to ebay and I am honestly disgusted with the way ebay responded saying that I should issue a returns label to the buyer - even though i have clearly stated that I have picture proof of the condition the item was sent in, plus the buyers story changed when I messaged her and suddenly she was offering to pay for the return - clearly something strange is going on and I suspect she has mistreated the item. It also clearly stated on the description on the listing that NO RETURNS WERE ACCEPTED however ebay have clearly presented how little sellers views mean as this buyer is allowed to return the item even though her case is very poor. I ADVISE EVERYONE TO STEER WELL CLEAR OF EBAY they have a poor and inconsiderate seller service.

duncang23
6/20/19

Don't use e bay, terrible customer service. I ordered garden light. Wrong item delivered. Requested immediate delivery of correct item and collection of wrong item. I'm disabled and unable to get to post office. Two weeks later and several chasing phone calls and feeble excuses added to a complete lack of urgency, care or apology still no correct garden light. E Bay your a disgrace to internet buying.

saida21
6/18/19

I am here with you, for business it must be so serious, please help us to do best,and good luck for everybody.

nkosinathim2
6/18/19

I've placed an order on 19th Aril till now I have not received my staff bt they have refund me with some of the item, and I think they must put more securities to sellers

davids2258
6/18/19

Sold things on eBay. Latetest at being an eglide bike. Have previously sold items on eBay and then all they seem to do is put a hold on Money they put into ur PayPal which you have been charged for as u have also been charged to sell it item. Making it twice u have been charged for selling an item. Them when u ring up all u get is them treating u like a mug
We are the MUGS for allowing eBay to do as they choose to do. But they do this because we let them get away with what they do to us! SAME AS I sold a tent which was not delivered and lady who i sold it too could not be arsed to open a review to find out anything but me being me I sent a new tent what cost me again and postage again which ended up costing me about £300 with all postage charges and price of tents. Then she puts a bad review of me on eBay but eBay do not want to know. ALL they want us our money!!! Joke

akosk3
6/15/19

Customer service is rude, not willing to resolve problems and tell you off. They suspended my account for no reason. I tried to login from another country, then they said it wasn't me (of course I knew it was me), and they say they refuse to reinstate my account and refused to provide feedback or help reinstate it after wanting to prove that the account belongs to me. When I want to speak to their managers, they hand up on me! If you did this at Amazon for example, they would almost beg you to stay with them and sell on their platform, but Ebay is pushing its customers, users and sellers away, and don't value them at all! Management should really take this seriously and take further actions, as this will not end well and people will turn away from ebay on the longer term... My suggestion is for other users, sellers, etc. is to try alternative platforms where they love to have you! Ebay does not value it's customers and sellers, so be prepared when you deal with Ebay...

mickm41
6/15/19

I purchased an item & returned it with tracking, Ebay says no refund coming, because of seller sending wrong item. They say it's my fault that the seller sent wrong item. My advise stay away so far E Bay has stolen $90.00 from me with no recourse. Uncaring, corrupt, company.

gladysm35
6/12/19

Sometimes you cannot know in what state the product you are buying is. Scammers very well to hide features, so your protection is to buy on eBay from a normal store by checking their reviews and be able to return the item and other, and the other way to protect yourself is ordering by PayPal and not bank card.

janed531
6/11/19

HARD LESSON LEARNED: Ebay deserves a 0.

I am a newby seller on Ebay. I am not ever going to be a big-selling online merchant. I am just a retired person trying to reduce my decades of collected stuff. Ebay withheld the buyers payment of $38.14 for a 1950s camera. This was the 2nd item I sold on Ebay. They claimed they withheld the funds in PayPal because the item was not delivered to the buyer. Yet, Ebay placed this hold on the buyers payment for both the camera and the shipping on Sunday and before the package could be retrieved by the USPS carrier on Monday. I shipped the camera the same day of the sale on 02 June 2019. Marked it as shipped that day with the tracking number in Ebay. The buyer sent me an email message through Ebay on 05 June 2019 stating that he had received the camera and was happy with the purchase.

After numerous telephone calls to Ebay the funds from this sale continue to be withheld from my PayPal account. Ebay customer service staff acknowledged they were able to read the buyers email message confirming receipt of the camera. They promised 3 times to remove the hold on the camera payment within 24 hours. Each of those 3 promises by Filipina Ebay customer service staff were not kept and the funds continue to be withheld. Now they claim they have a right to withhold any funds at their discretion.

Additionally, the Ebay customer service people in the Philippines were very disrespectful. In fact a "supervisor" in their Filipino customer service department indicated that she was a "supervisor" and that I should treat her as a superior.

So, I am out a vintage camera; the money for the camera; the money for the shipping (which I paid $4.00 more than what the buyer paid for shipping because of Ebay's miscalculation); Ebays fees that basically were 12%; and PayPal fees.

What did I get; a hard learned lesson not to trust Ebay and sell items through them; wasted time; elevated blood pressure; stress; and most of all a disappointment in how corporations like Ebay continue to rip off people. I learned from reading the numerous complaints from other sellers Ebay commonly does this to sellers. Apparently, this practice has already been reported to the FTC, DOJ, and the BBB by other sellers numerous times. Yet nothing gets done to stop this malicious behavior by Ebay. It needs to stop. Perhaps warning other sellers will help.

garyh533
6/11/19

Had a ebay buyer claim that a item was damaged in shipping. The only problem was that this customer sent pictures of the damaged item. It was a 40s art deco TV lamp. The scammer sent pictures. It was a used lamp and had a chip on the back of the item. The item that they sent pictures of miraculously had no chip. Ebay never responded to my complaint. After two months I confronted ebay. There response was "So what".
Ebay refused to refund any of the $$$ I lost and refused to refund any of the shipping charges. They even refused to close my store till I pay for shipping the item to one of their scammers. AVOID DOING BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY. IF YOU HAVE TO BE PREPARED TO LOOSE $$. For me it was $250.00

jiniy
6/6/19

I have purchased things from eBay for years. It was not always the smooth communication when you have trouble with the seller . Recently I have won a beautiful and rare antique cup set form eBay. The seller sent me a wrong item, so I contact her that I still want my item and if she can send it to me. I don't mind to pay her extra shipping, because I
Ike that cup set very much and important things it's really rare. Who knows this seller refuses to do so, I guess I bit it on a good price and sh doesn't want to let go of the cup. So There's nothing I can do about. I ask for the refund back and left her a negative feedback. After that she attacking me with the rude and inappropriate message. I contact eBay to help me with the messages. eBay agent are really nice and provide a great communication service with me. It was a great and professional .That is reason why I still love to shopping on eBay.

joeyd32
6/4/19

If your looking for designer purses, airpods, belts, sandals and more, i HIGHLY recommend my personal shopper. She can find things for you at the best absolute price, I trust her and everything ive ordered has been top notch 5 star rating from myself and friends!!!

**Super quality! Quick delivery. Ever so marvelous packaging. First-rate service.

Anayag11 is her username! You will not be dissatisfied!

1,467 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I would never buy a used car without seeing it in person and having it checked out.

By James W.

Ebay is a den of thieves. Even Ebay is evasive on complaints to answers. When looking for items, be sure to be fully informed to what you are shopping and use all that knowledge to cypher the listing, even then have found those that list items to be evasive on answers. Avoid ebay if possible!

By BroC H.

For their own purposes and to protect dishonest sellers. I was once an avid EBay shopper, but now avoid EBay. Buyer protection no longer exists. You buy at your own risk.

By Christine P.

Ebay sells nothing. You are dealing with private sellers. Some are good, some are not. The best way to determine this is to check the feedback. I personally never buy from anyone who has a feedback lower than 90%. 96% is considered bad, by Ebay. Take that with a grain of salt. Ebay management is nuts.

By Valerie F.

If you haven't already learned the hard way that Ebay is just pure bull$#*! when it comes to the sellers rights. When someone wants to send it back for any reason other than it doesn't work as described, you will be footing the bill. Not only will you lose the money you paid to ship it to them, Ebay will offer to provide a return label for them at your expense. Yep, that's right. They will bill you the price of the label if you don't provide it. Either way, you are paying for it to get back to you. It's get better. You can't leave negative feedback for the buyer either. It's not an option NO MATTER

By Chris N.

For myself, will use ebay as a last resort. Ebay is a den of thieves. Had one seller send me a phone book and sex book in place of sander I won to show he sent item of weight and shipped so he could collect off paypal/ebay, found out this seller had ripped off many before ebay closed his "store/ ripoff factory" down. I know they claim to have separated ebay and paypal but my credit card company said its smoke and mirrors, that they still work together. Ebay is on their way out!

By BroC H.

Yes . You are right. All what people told you are correct. Don't trust ebay and the seller on ebay. Amazon much better than them. But anyway the best way to buy electronics from the local stores or official stores.

By Alayham A.

Depends on the seller. I wouldn't buy anything off ebay because there a crappy company.

By Greg L.

You can contact the seller and ask. Also look at their rating, if it's 99% then they will take care of you! For years, most of my shopping I do is from sellers off Ebay and mostly do great! Good luck!

By brian b.

The correct thing to do is to email the seller and tell him you are not satisfied with the product and would like to return it for a refund. Most sellers will work with you. If after contacting the seller your problem is not resolved you than open a case with ebay that you the product is not satisfactory and you would like to return for a refund, Go to the seller first and give him a chance to make it right so it does not ruin his business.

By Shirley M.
Questions? Get answers from the eBay staff and other customers.

eBay?