Review of eBay

Tel: 1773-1553612
2018 Customer choice award

gilbertd21
1/13/19

purpose.jpn ebay,ca seller do not deal do not trust them
that Ebay seller we can not trust
from the bigining i comunicated with him or her
I ask to ship with EMS
rafuse and send with DHL and it cost me 41% of the price of the ring 183$
and more frustating on his ebay store they show and and tell they use EMS and dhl.
for shipping
he ship a litle box in a over size shipping bbosx
look the pictures

gailh77
1/10/19

Customers are not reading genuine reviews because the negative ones are being removed.It says it all with so many negative reviews. Will never give them my money again. They stand by the businesses even when they are mistreating customers. When you leave an honest negative review they remove it if the business complains. Because that's where the money is isn't it greedy eBay hey? eBay is a dishonest business. Closing my account after years of using them.

barryb29
1/6/19

This site, with Paypal has to be the most loosely run site on the internet. I bought something on eBay today and within an hour was contacted by my bank to find out if I had purchased some other item. It ended up being a fraudulent purchase, but had my card cancelled anyway. This card has been used to pay my bills on-line for years and now because my card was compromised, I'll have to contact all these companies to let them know my new card number. I'll never buy anything from eBay again and you should follow my lead.I tried to reach customer service there as well. Don't waste your time. It's as incompetent as the site itself. I never reached them.

chrish339
1/6/19

We purchased a Refurbished Dell Laptop from Everything Tech. It arrived in 10 days not the two stated when purchased. When we finally got the laptop, after checking Bios, it did not meet the advertised description one ebay. Tried to negotiate with seller. Would not listen. Finally after talking to our Charge Card Company, they suggested we send it back, get a tracking Number and let them know that we have returned the laptop to seller for Credit. Seller has not responded or issued a credit. The Charge Card company has given us a credit and is now pushing back on PAYPAL to get the credit from Everything Tech. Yes you read correctly. Even though you purchase on ebay and you use your Credit Card, it still goes through PayPal. BEWARE, you will not have the leverage that you would have if it truly was controlled by your Credit Card Company. BOTTOM LINE: Skip ebay and believe all the other negative reviews on this site. ebay IS NOT what it used to be. Go elsewhere.

zakn8
1/2/19

Seller selling bad quality products do not buy with gelnailvarnishshop bought a nail lamp only for it to go bang sent a new one only for this one to go pop to avoid this ebayer spent near 100 pound for nothing scammers

peterl6
12/28/18

E bay selling fees went through the roof, bunch of no good robbers if you sell something for about 225.00 get ready to pay E bay about 24.00 for the sale and pay pay pal at least a 7 $ charge for the transaction both of these companies should be investigated by the federal government.

melb86
12/28/18

Spent days, not ours, on the phone trying to resolve an issue which was eBay's fault. Incompetent staff and unresponsive supervisors. Nothing like other online websites such as Amazon. Unfortunately, eBay uses PayPal for their transactions and PayPal is even worse to deal with.

rayg130
12/20/18

Bought a book from this ebay seller that was missing the last 5 pages. This is the third incident of fraud on this platform in 3 years. Have finally learned by lesson and stopped using it.

philipf52

One star is to good !!!
That's right the DVD I was going to give as a XMAS present came in Korean.
WTF
It's not worth the hassle to try to return it. I will donate it...
NEVER AGAIN!!!

EBAY SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nikkip57
12/20/18

After paying for my item, the seller hadn't shipped my item 4 days later, when their handling time was 3 days. I contacted the seller and eBay requesting a cancellation of my order and a refund, then went out and bought that item from the store so I could have it in time for Christmas. Another day passes, and I hear nothing from the seller, no cancellation or a response... The seller at this point still has my money and the item i purchased. I call eBay again, and they tell me that since the estimated delivery date is up to 11 business days, I have to wait until AFTER THAT to receive a refund, even though there is NO EVIDENCE OF THE ORDER BEING SHIPPED!!! WHATTTT??!!! So, basically a seller can keep your money and your item for that amount of time, if the wish, as long as the estimated delivery date gives them that amount of time, (even if they have no proof of the item being shipped *smfh*)... Thank god for PayPal!! I contacted them and explained what happend, and right away, they put a hold on the funds and began processing the refund right away, since the seller never shipped the item... If you have a problem with your sellers, contact PayPal. They have your back if you are getting screwed by eBay sellers #thankyoupaypal

jayp180
12/18/18

I was a long time member of ebay but my last purchase which I did not received but they close the case in favor of the seller and told me the seller gave them of proof of delivery. I never received the item my guess is that I think the usps deliver it in Pl. instead my st with same address because sometimes I recieved item address with Pl not st. but I leave it in the box so they can deliver the item correctly.. But for now I stop ordering from ebay, Amazon more secure or just order from alliexpress.

vincentr62
12/18/18

Everything on ebay tends to favor the buyer. I have been buying & selling on ebay for over 17 years. Unfortunately it is difficult for sellers because there are to many fees and the items for sale are very competitive (price wise). When you sell something you have to pay a 10% ebay fee, 3% PayPal fee and the seller has to pay for $&H. This is why I prefer to buy instead of sell. I am no longer afraid to buy from sellers with zero feedback. Ebay guarantees every auction. Transactions are very safe and Ebay and PayPal both have phone support. Ebay has the best exposure. On the top 10 list for hits on the internet. Amazon is number one.

naomib63
12/17/18

Been using eBay for years and I always felt safe and secure, I am always updated at every step of the way

helenm152
12/17/18

Read the reviews first. Not on their site, but somewhere else.They post made up, imaginary / fake, completely false good reviews. EBay has a tremendous amount of unscrupulous sellers(professional thieves.) The name of the one I dealt with was land_cha. Do yourself a favor and shop someplace safe like Amazon.

stephaniel86
12/17/18

As a longtime member (joined 2010), I've done a plethora of business with many WONDERFUL vendors on eBay's website. Unfortunately, the last two transactions have left a rancid taste in my mouth! One vendor wanted me to forward a payment to him TWICE for an item I purchased because his Paypal account wasn't valid-- and the last called me on the carpet and labeled me "deceitful" for sending him a pair of "defective" Prada glasses I personally had bedazzled/strassed with Swarovski Crystals. The catch? He wasn't willing to return the frames but wanted some sort of 'financial restitution.' "Really?!"

At this point I am NOT willing to continue to put up with what seems to be a small, but growing contingency of individuals that have one thing on their agenda-- Scams/Scamming individuals! I'm truly sorry, because I've decided to end my relationship with eBay. However, my 'safety' is more important than anything!

Moral of the story: PROCEED WITH CAUTION!

judyl211
12/15/18

I purchase from them but only the buy now items.So far I have gotten great service,fast shipments ( depending on where its coming from).I dont think the deals are good bidding.I would rather buy as a set price.

stephanien85
12/14/18

I have been an ebay seller for many years. Not anymore. I was selling an item before Christmas which was peak time for this item. I received several offers and was about to accept one when it was rescinded due to a bid. The auction ended a week later and another week later the buyer still hadn't paid. The buyer emailed me that they had changed their mind. Now it is too late to sell it and ship in time for Christmas, so it cost me my sale.

I tried to report the unpaid item on my phone, but it was so small as they don't have a mobile version of this part, and I accidentally cancelled the unpaid item report. I called them and had to wait 10 minutes. They told me they can't created another unpaid item report and would manually refund my final value fee. This took another 20 minutes. They then threatened me saying that this is a one time courtesy and I shouldn't mess up again when it was clearly the buyer's fault for bidding on something they didn't want to pay for and their fault for not having developed a mobile version of this part of their site and making it so easy to make a mistake and then making it impossible to undo the mistake.

I asked if there is anything else they could do after explaining the situation and they said no I would just need to relist.

Now I am out a sale and have to wait for a refund of the fee and do not have any other chances to make a mistake. There are much better selling platforms out there these days so why bother with ebay. They have the least fees but it's obviously for a reason. Try mercari, poshmark, tradesy, etc.

richardb884
12/10/18

I bought shampoo for my wife. I waited over a month and a half nothing. I contacted them and they said they will give me a refund. Ha ha! I will have to figure out a way to get the money back. ALL THE SELLERS HAVE GOOD to GREAT REVIEWS BECAUSE people can not leave a review after a refund been issued

brucew178
12/9/18

Good place to get scammed and infuriated by incompetent customer service. Words and rational thought have no place when speaking with people on the other side of the world reading from a script. Hang on the line for an hour and maybe you'll get to speak to a hay seed with children yelling in the back ground. They will agree with you and lie to you to get you off the phone. Spend your money and sell your merchandise elsewhere. This company is a vacuous cooperate black hole.

robertr708
12/9/18

I ordered a piece of electronic test equipment from an eBay seller who had a perfect record of customer reports. Turned crooked all of a sudden or something, but my $65 device never came, the sellers site immediately closed and the complaints started piling up reaching 90.
eBay refunded my money without any argument, excessive paperwork or excessive delay. I was highly impressed. eBay does protect their buyers.

georget269
12/7/18

I tried e-bay this week to purchase some hard to get 3.7v rechargeable batteries. Ordering was simple and the 2 batteries arrived when promised BUT they didn't fit my device; they were about 1/4 of an inch too long. I thought , no problem , I will return them to the seller.
He immediately refused to take them back saying the "return is closed " I thought e-bay would assist, I was willing to pay for return postage. No help, tough luck. I will NEVER USE E-BAY again. Seller was R-LSales

alexanderg74
12/4/18

With everyone's reviews and my long history of ebay.com, I have made a detailed review about ebay. It's broken down so it's easy to read. Check it out here on my money saving blog galizer.com https://galizer.com/2018/12/03/should-i-use-ebay/

jossb1
12/3/18

Cool for cheap and random unimportant stuff which is hard to find in stores but someone else might still have it and be willing to sell it.

debm93
11/30/18

11/6/18
I provided eBay with extensive documentation that one of their sellers (stereo_needs) has a history of taking items back under warranty and never repairing or returning the item. This seller, operates out of California and uses a franchised UPS Store location as her registered business address, which is a violation of the California Secretary of State rules on address reporting.... read more

missb20
11/29/18

EBay is known for turning its back on consumers and then scamming them in the process. Glad I left Ebay behind in 2009.

1,465 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I would never buy a used car without seeing it in person and having it checked out.

By James W.

Ebay is a den of thieves. Even Ebay is evasive on complaints to answers. When looking for items, be sure to be fully informed to what you are shopping and use all that knowledge to cypher the listing, even then have found those that list items to be evasive on answers. Avoid ebay if possible!

By BroC H.

For their own purposes and to protect dishonest sellers. I was once an avid EBay shopper, but now avoid EBay. Buyer protection no longer exists. You buy at your own risk.

By Christine P.

Ebay sells nothing. You are dealing with private sellers. Some are good, some are not. The best way to determine this is to check the feedback. I personally never buy from anyone who has a feedback lower than 90%. 96% is considered bad, by Ebay. Take that with a grain of salt. Ebay management is nuts.

By Valerie F.

If you haven't already learned the hard way that Ebay is just pure bull$#*! when it comes to the sellers rights. When someone wants to send it back for any reason other than it doesn't work as described, you will be footing the bill. Not only will you lose the money you paid to ship it to them, Ebay will offer to provide a return label for them at your expense. Yep, that's right. They will bill you the price of the label if you don't provide it. Either way, you are paying for it to get back to you. It's get better. You can't leave negative feedback for the buyer either. It's not an option NO MATTER

By Chris N.

For myself, will use ebay as a last resort. Ebay is a den of thieves. Had one seller send me a phone book and sex book in place of sander I won to show he sent item of weight and shipped so he could collect off paypal/ebay, found out this seller had ripped off many before ebay closed his "store/ ripoff factory" down. I know they claim to have separated ebay and paypal but my credit card company said its smoke and mirrors, that they still work together. Ebay is on their way out!

By BroC H.

Yes . You are right. All what people told you are correct. Don't trust ebay and the seller on ebay. Amazon much better than them. But anyway the best way to buy electronics from the local stores or official stores.

By Alayham A.

Depends on the seller. I wouldn't buy anything off ebay because there a crappy company.

By Greg L.

You can contact the seller and ask. Also look at their rating, if it's 99% then they will take care of you! For years, most of my shopping I do is from sellers off Ebay and mostly do great! Good luck!

By brian b.

The correct thing to do is to email the seller and tell him you are not satisfied with the product and would like to return it for a refund. Most sellers will work with you. If after contacting the seller your problem is not resolved you than open a case with ebay that you the product is not satisfactory and you would like to return for a refund, Go to the seller first and give him a chance to make it right so it does not ruin his business.

By Shirley M.
Questions? Get answers from the eBay staff and other customers.

eBay?