Review of eBay

Tel: 1773-1553612
2018 Customer choice award

edw1572
10/16/19

My name is Edward Wainwright. I purchased an automotive item *******41480 from ebay almost two weeks ago. According to sellers ad they promised 3 day shipping. It's been almost two weeks. No part and I have to fight for my money back. Never again

jonl193
10/14/19

I have used Ebay for nearly 20 years and love to bid on items I want. I also sell online with great results.

karlf43
10/10/19

thats the same quistion i had when i say ebay, where is the price, then i saw the number and i understood what is indeed the price!
So thank you ebay

sarahm967
10/9/19

Buyer of expensive item claims he did not receive the item when tracking clearly shows delivery was made. The buyer had already purchased a similar item in a previous transaction and that item also arrived according to the tracking info. After dispute, Ebay ruled in favor of the buyer and issued a refund to the buyer, then debited my account which then debited my paypal account, which then debited my checking account. I am closing my Ebay account and will no longer be a seller or buyer.

michaelb2532
10/9/19

i sold a pressure cooker pro. it was sign for in good condition the thursday. sunday i am sent a picture of it in pieces the buyer says it arrived filthy and damaged. eBay told me i have to accept the return, it arrives back in pieces, parts missing the damage is from being taken apart. i spend lots of time on the phone with eBay follow there advice they tell me not to worry. i am given no chance to respond. i keep getting e mails to refund the buyer. i am then told they found for the the buyer and i can call tomorrow speak to there appeals department. there is no such thing, eBay then tell me i can get my money back in 2 ways. send the buyer a invoice from pay pal or go to small claims court, MY ADVICE USE AMAZON EBAY WILL LET YOU BE DEFRAUDED AND HELP THE FRAUDSTERS TO DO IT

mountains1
9/30/19

Quite honestly I have enjoyed huge success shopping on ebay. My purchases have included several pieces in a discontinued Spode pattern, designer fabric, a replacement Mercedes radio, vintage sterling pieces, light fixtures and more. Each seller has comported himself professionally, honestly and efficiently. I usually make purchases as a guest -- I can never remember my password. All in all a smooth and practical shopping mode.

whate4
9/27/19

I've used ebay successfully for several years, but that has clearly been down to dealing with decent honest people on the other other end of the transactions. As I've recently experienced the minute something goes wrong you are at the mercy of the customer services team.
A buyer initially tried to blackmail me by threatening a bad review if I didn't give them some money back, then forced a return and eBay took money from my account to refund them, but they didn't actually return the watch. In short I've been mislead and lied to by their customer services team over 10 phone calls and several months. They just blindly, and very politely, stick to a script and just repeat the same response over and over. They eventually told me they won't do anything and to go to the police and report the watch as stolen! A negative review I left the buyer was removed - I assume so others can be scammed and eBay and Paypal can take their cut. They refuse to give a UK postal address to send a complaint to (I thought it was a legal requirement to trade in the UK). I will be going to the police and Trading Standards and DELETING my eBay account.
Awful experience!

janieh28
9/26/19

I really like Ebay.. I always look at the reviews before I order though.. most of the time it's pretty awesome

christopherc721
9/26/19

I've been an Ebay customer for 15 years and a seller for about ten years. In March of this year Ebay changed it's polices, forcing the selling of items using the Buy-It-Now option to aromatically relist after 30 days. This led to high relisting fees 35 cents per item (most of my items, trading cards, sell for $1.50) which I told them I cannot afford as a small seller. I've tried to daily monitor my account and cancel listings before they auto relist, but some days I'm busy and items then relist. When this happened last month I canceled the listings the next day and asked for a refund of the listing fees. They told me they would do so, but went ahead and charged me overs $120, mostly in listing fees.

Today I contacted them and they just argued and claimed that there are no notes in the system showing I had called, but that they would not have credited me in any case. I said I will stop selling and buying. They don't care. I looked at their community boards and there are many notices from other sellers complaining about his same issue.

nicolep254
9/25/19

If you sell items for eBay beware. If you don't sell that month still beware. eBay tanked a large amount from my account. I called and they offered a refund. Almost a month later. Originally telling me
Up to two weeks. My accounts overdrawn. My bills unpaid because eBay has not assisted in speeding up their MISTAKE. Three weeks not without my money. It's absolutely ridiculous and if this is how EBay runs their business shame on them for screwing over a seller. I will be deleting my account as soon as it allows me because it denied me to do so. Instead of a quick solution eBay pushed me off onto PayPal so they didn't have to deal with the issue anymore. Don't trust paypal

briani32
9/25/19

Every time I have to deal with Ebay, there is always a problem!
First, I purchased a item and returned it because it was not the right product and Ebay refused to refund me!
Secondly, I sold a item for the first time yesterday and the money the buyer sent me through PayPal was placed on hold and I was told that it was because it was my first time selling. I was told that my money will be taken off hold when the seller gets the item. Well, I'm not going to just send the product without getting my money first!
SCAMMER!
These are not the only issues I've had!

shellaa
9/24/19

eBay was one of the best auction websites, it's recently lost it, no longer as cool as it was before, I used to win auctions on this website and was actually worth it.

I see they try to improve it nowadays, hopefully, it gets back to its vision and gets back to be one of the coolest marketplaces and auction websites.

jakes232
9/21/19

When your try to sell something on ebay they screw you over. If you every try to sell on ebay i suggest not because they play a hold on your fund when buyer is supposed to pat shipping and when you ship it ebay refunds the buyer there money ebay can eat a** and d** I hate ebay with passion. DO NOT USE EBAY ITS CRAP!!!!!!

jamiec345
9/20/19

They offer an amazing variety of products. It is far from perfect, but still the best source of online shopping in terms of variety and distribution.

brianb935
9/20/19

I'd had some good experience with Ebay several years ago... but recently I used them to buy a refurbished I-phone (Diamond Wireless-3rd party vendor) after updating my new address info online and by phone support. I ordered phone online and even after confirming my new address w Ebay phone support, it was sent to the old address 100's of miles away. I immediately notified all (Ebay and their 3rd party vendor-Diamond Wireless) that the ship to address was incorrect as soon as soon as I was e-notified it had been mailed (wasn't scheduled to be delivered for 4 days via FedEx). I had asked Ebay and Diamond Wireless to have it returned or re-routed to the correct address and Ebay said "no worries"... file a claim when you get notif it arrived at wrong address. The clueless person at Diamond Wireless said, "Oh just mail it back and we'll refund". Ebay supervisor claimed it was covered by some kind of "built-in" delivery insurance (pure lie). Diamond Wireless is even worse than Ebay... caveat emptor. I did notify Ebay and Diamond Wireless again when FedEx sent me notif of delivery to wrong address and Ebay immediately denied claim. Poor customer support and supervisors who simply lie to cover their rear ends. Ebay and Diamond Wireless are very simply crooks in my opinion. I ended up taking a day off work to drive 400 miles round trip and spending $50 on gas to retrieve the package from the new homeowner and mailed back to Diamond Wireless w return notif. at my expense. DW still tried to hang onto my $$. CAVEAT EMPTOR. If you buy a refurb phone on Ebay beware. I ended up using Back Market, not Ebay, and I got an excellent product with excellent support. I would give Back Market 5 stars. Ebay gets no more business from me.

Tip for consumers: try another vendor if you want to buy a refurbished phone. I used "Back Market" successfully and have no complaints about them

roberth1321
9/19/19

E-bay actually helps sellers move stolen merchandise. I returned the stolen merchandise to seller in June, 2019. I am still waiting for the refund. E-bay absolutely refuses to lift a finger to help me collect my refund. Seller says he refunded but he lies.

tomv151
9/17/19

I've been an Ebay member for twenty years and have always been satisfied. Then the following two situations happened simultaneously, which have permanently turned me off from ever listing anything for sale again.

I listed two valuable antique saxophones at the same time in July , 2019 and both received winning bids. On Saxophone 1, the buyer never paid. Nothing happened. No apparent effort was made by Ebay to induce the winning bidder to pay. Two months later, an e mail from Ebay that the case I had filed was closed. No resolution, no explanation, no elucidation as to what if anything Ebay had done to right the situation. Then, out of the blue, an e mail informing me that I was being charged a $190 commission on the sale of the instrument!

Saxophone 2. The buyer paid and I shipped the 80 year old sax which was delivered several days later. The buyer then wrote objecting to the condition of the instrument. I had posted clear photos with the listing showing the instrument from all sides, and some of the buyer's objections were downright ludicrous, i.e. a statement that the saxophone was "rusting". (Saxophones are made of brass, a non-ferrous metal and therefore do not rust.) The buyer filed a case to return the sax at my expense and the Ebay examiner sided with the buyer and ordered me to provide a prepaid USPS or UPS shipping label, warning me that if I failed to do so within five days, the purchase price of the instrument would be refunded to the buyer and the buyer would get to keep the instrument!! A nice threat, huh? If I complied and provided the shipping label, I would be charged the refund of the purchase price after delivery of the instrument to me. I purchased a shipping label the same day and e mailed its image to the buyer via PDF. Ok, I didn't like the way Ebay handled the case, but my reaction stopped short of outright hatred of this company. Then today, shortly after the return of the sax in acceptable condition, came the final straw, an e mail from Ebay informing me that I owed $2540 for the refund of the instrument, $254 more than the sales price which I was expecting to refund to the buyer. Once again, I was being charged a commission for a sale that ultimately wasn't consummated.

Ebay has shown itself to me to be abusive of its sellers. Never ever will I list anything on it again. As a forum for buyers it's fine and one can't argue with the enormous selection of items. But that may change when sufficient numbers of other sellers have had enough of being chiseled and take their business elsewhere.

alberth111
9/17/19

ebay is my worst experience, every time i order items from ebay my order always get canceled for some reason,
my friends always told me to use amazon and now i understand why, i won't ever recommend to use ebay especially when you order an item that you terribly need for survival of pet and then you get a Email with a cancellation.
also when i call to ask customer service didn't even know why it got canceled.!

sunnyt17
9/16/19

Love buying products from ebay ! there are lots of different products for me to choose from. I had bought a few times from them.

dalew178
9/15/19

Ebay is my favorite website. Where can you go to find your favorite items and make money at the same time. I shop on this site for almost everything!!

marcon21
9/15/19

From the point of view of a buyer it's a great marketplace, with almost unbeatable number of good bargains at your disposal. Sure there are some limitations: You can't see the stuff you're buying (happens to get a sub-tascable book when you expect a large encyclopedia-like monster), but these are common for every on-line selling method.
Of course, as always, avoid beginners and inexperienced users, especially as sellers. They often are bunglers and very often dishonest.
The most annoying thing in eBay is that many power sellers (which seem to be "Powerful" from every point of view) don't accept discussion, are always in truth, and have a lot of means to prevent you from releasing a feedback and even can cancel your possible negative/neutral feedback(s).

rajeshn14
9/13/19

They take 20% and on top the buyer can return for any reason and you have to bear the cost. Better to sell on OfferUp or Facebook market place.

jenniferl586
9/11/19

Ebay is my favorite site always and forever. Items that are hard to find anywhere else, unique things, nostalgic items, olds books nobody sells anymore, clothes, movies, games, this site has it all and as long as you order from someone relatively close i.e. a few states away or less, your items will come rather quickly. And you can set the site to only show items with free shipping.

jaysonr14
9/10/19

Ebay does not care about the average buyer and or seller. They will lie and they do not care. There is nothing you can do about it so be careful and do not trust what they tell you

gabrielg98
9/10/19

Beware of this dogs! old time scam buyer on ebay! he will scam seller by requesting money refund after get the item which is totally nonsense bullsh*t reason at all. Name is edward moraski or ed moraski addr Turkey Mountain Rd Bedford VA 24523
United States ebay profile https://www.ebay.com/usr/edmoraski

1,467 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I would never buy a used car without seeing it in person and having it checked out.

By James W.

Ebay is a den of thieves. Even Ebay is evasive on complaints to answers. When looking for items, be sure to be fully informed to what you are shopping and use all that knowledge to cypher the listing, even then have found those that list items to be evasive on answers. Avoid ebay if possible!

By BroC H.

For their own purposes and to protect dishonest sellers. I was once an avid EBay shopper, but now avoid EBay. Buyer protection no longer exists. You buy at your own risk.

By Christine P.

Ebay sells nothing. You are dealing with private sellers. Some are good, some are not. The best way to determine this is to check the feedback. I personally never buy from anyone who has a feedback lower than 90%. 96% is considered bad, by Ebay. Take that with a grain of salt. Ebay management is nuts.

By Valerie F.

If you haven't already learned the hard way that Ebay is just pure bull$#*! when it comes to the sellers rights. When someone wants to send it back for any reason other than it doesn't work as described, you will be footing the bill. Not only will you lose the money you paid to ship it to them, Ebay will offer to provide a return label for them at your expense. Yep, that's right. They will bill you the price of the label if you don't provide it. Either way, you are paying for it to get back to you. It's get better. You can't leave negative feedback for the buyer either. It's not an option NO MATTER

By Chris N.

For myself, will use ebay as a last resort. Ebay is a den of thieves. Had one seller send me a phone book and sex book in place of sander I won to show he sent item of weight and shipped so he could collect off paypal/ebay, found out this seller had ripped off many before ebay closed his "store/ ripoff factory" down. I know they claim to have separated ebay and paypal but my credit card company said its smoke and mirrors, that they still work together. Ebay is on their way out!

By BroC H.

Yes . You are right. All what people told you are correct. Don't trust ebay and the seller on ebay. Amazon much better than them. But anyway the best way to buy electronics from the local stores or official stores.

By Alayham A.

Depends on the seller. I wouldn't buy anything off ebay because there a crappy company.

By Greg L.

You can contact the seller and ask. Also look at their rating, if it's 99% then they will take care of you! For years, most of my shopping I do is from sellers off Ebay and mostly do great! Good luck!

By brian b.

The correct thing to do is to email the seller and tell him you are not satisfied with the product and would like to return it for a refund. Most sellers will work with you. If after contacting the seller your problem is not resolved you than open a case with ebay that you the product is not satisfactory and you would like to return for a refund, Go to the seller first and give him a chance to make it right so it does not ruin his business.

By Shirley M.
Questions? Get answers from the eBay staff and other customers.

eBay?