Review of Tophatter

San Francisco, CA 94107, United States
Tel: +1-877-434-2894
help@tophatter.com
Youtube video thumbnail
10 Million Shoppers! Authenticity Guaranteed.
Join Now

marisd1
12/14/19
They say 4 items have been delivered but I have not received any of them. Some items are very cheap and not authentic. They also send wrong items that you picked.
lindah1178
12/14/19
I love the site, I just wish some of the product was actual size, some things are very small.
Depends on what you buy to the size it is.
lindam1333
12/14/19
I have received some items which I was pleased with and others not so much. I just received some Keto tablets that had a date of 10/2014. I received a jacket that should be a large that was more a small, jewelry that was not quite as pictured, but I also received a toy Transformer that works but is smaller than I thought it would be and a couple of clocks that are fine.
I have other items purchased that I haven't received yet so we will see how that goes.
mandyb73
12/14/19
I really didn't even have a Christmas budget this year...things are so bad right now for me financially and then my car recently broke down as well...so I really didn't have anything to spare for Christmas shopping.
Then somehow I came across TopHatter and I was like oh my gosh-where has this been all my life...
I was able to get several nice gifts for each of my 2 little boys for Christmas and also something for each of my parents.
I saw a lot of nice things I'd like to have-so hopefully when life picks back up for me-I'm gonna be buying some things for myself too!!
I think this is a great site for shopping-especially on a budget.
Thanks TopHatter...you saved me this Christmas!!!
cherylep3
12/13/19
I have recieved some nice stuff. But a LOT of bad stuff arriving broken or not as shown. Very cheep electronics that dont
darleyc
12/13/19
Nice gifts at affordable prices for every member of the family and friends great gifts to have on hand for any occation
cyk3
12/13/19
You pay too much. It's junk from China. It takes a long time to get the orders. Then when you're ripped off with plastic toys and crap, it's almost impossible to do anything about it. And not worth your time and money to send back. Junk comes as a stupid toy, or broken. Don't use this site if you want to buy anything of any quality.
maried492
12/13/19
What I got to day in the mail was a piece of paper. On the auction site it looks like a picture frame, that you fill in with family pictures.. Boy was I wrong Also, when I open something I throw the envelope it throw it away. to have to take a picture of the bag and item is stuid, Most places selling on the internet will send you a tracking label to return item. I will be using Topahett any time soon that is for sure!!!
michellel535
12/13/19
I have spent a lot of money on this website. Before receiving any of my products. Once they started coming in most of my things are very cheaply made. I am very dissatisfied with most of the products this far. I have spent over 500 dollars. I will not be purchasing anything else. Hopefully the rest of the stuff will be better. I have a lot to come yet.
pedror96
12/13/19
You can find a lot of great things to buy at cheap prices bids are free and have a great guarantee also a lot of the products have free shipping
lindam1329
12/13/19
Tophatter does stand behind product. I would not order blouses. Very cheap material if you order rings order one size up. The sterling necklaces are very pretty
carried331
12/13/19
All the items I have purchased off of Tophatter have been completely misleading except for majority of the premium items, like fragrances and very few jewelry items. The shipping ETA most of the time is not even close to being accurate. Even after 30 days of an item not being shipped, Tophatter still wont refund my money. Then when they do credit you your money, they only give you a credit to Tophatter not back to your card. Majority of the items that are shown are completely misleading. The products I have received are not even similar to the products that were shown to bid on. The description is not even similar. Honestly, if it wasnt for the fragrances I purchased on here I would give Tophatter negative stars if applicable.. Completely disappointed and buyers beware.
johnd3071
12/13/19
Nice stuff. Take forever to mail.I want some things to weeks ago and I still haven't mailed it yet I was hoping to gets here before Christmas that was the whole idea
orlandor42
12/13/19
Awesome auction site! I wish that they had more items though. I've won 7 items and have received almost all of them in a timely manner.
veliciab
12/13/19
Everything I have ordered, has been nice , sometimes it take a long time to receive your items . They are very professional.
kated113
12/13/19
Though it says I've been on Tophatter before, this was my 1st experience.....
I managed to get all my Christmas shopping done, without leaving my home,,,,,
This is not the norm for me, as I am usually fighting with traffic and customers on Christmas Eve
Thanks Tophatter
eleshiac1
12/13/19
Mostly all the items I received was deceiving the description says one thing and it was something else
kathyw310
12/13/19
They don't tell u the stuff is from China. Order XL, they wouldn't fit a 2 yr old besides a man.
Everything is cheap.
Thought I had my shopping done. NO I have go go find things else where. Let's not start abt the things i didnt get, but no refund either.
Save your money
karend536
12/11/19
Most everything I've received from this site has been damaged or broken! The price to return is more than the items are worth. I'm through with this site!
jeffreyw314
12/11/19
And be aware the quality of product recieved is normally sub par. I won quite a few auctions before receiving any of them and have been greatly disappointed.
heatherp329
12/9/19
I have had good experiences when shopping with Tophatter,
laurag455
12/8/19
Some of the stuff is really nice and mire than I expected but others are smaller than and without instructions
perrym54
12/8/19
Wonderful auction site fun bidding with great products and even better prices!!! Thier customer service and shipping times are top rate.
dinnad1
12/8/19
Fast sending out so get in time for gifts products are as described and at great prices I can afford to buy gifts for everyone on my lists and still get myself some great stuff
lorif282
12/8/19
The products and packaging are very inconsistent. Some products are very cheaply and poorly made and others are nicer than I expected for a mail order company. The packaging is not consistent either. I ordered 2 of the same products and received one in the original packaging (that the packaging was damaged due to poor outer packaging, and the other one was wrapped in bubble wrapping and no original packaging at all. Hard to give as Christmas gifts like this. Some products are poorly sized and also fabrics are much different than described.
3 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and with the Attorney General, this site is a fraud and needs to be shut down.

By Tracy H.

overseas sellers sell plated 925 or plated gold they say 14k but thats fake too , tophatter does not monitor these sellers thats why so many refunds and cancelled orders , just do not buy from tophatter , waste of time , you tell me where to get 5000 dollar ring for 20 dollars tophatter if it sounds to good to be true then it is. all the people that say its real and everything is great are either first time online buyers or they work as a review panelist for money.

By cameron w.

you should have got a notice on your phone that you won the bid but my best advice to you is don't buy anything from Top Hatter all of it is junk

By jesus g.

Tophatter will screw you over. Shop Amazon or overstock.

By Lauren L.

Good luck! Tophatter rippes off the sellers so they are not going to be very likely to return your money.

By Jessica P.

Justin you are absolutely correct. I find out the hard way. I had my own auction with nice AUTHENTIC designer items and cosmetics (Becca, Cargo, Smahbox, Too Faced, etc). I lost big time. $40 Cargo palette sold for $10; it cost me $15. Items that I started higher to cover my cost never sold. I still had to pay fees for the item being listed. A $200 Calvin Klein purse sold for $20; it cost me $80 wholesale. Run! !!

By L W.

If you end up buying a few items from the same seller they can do a combined shipment but you rarely get the same buyer items since they only let the sellers sell 10 items a day. It is different for the sellers that have their own auctions.

By Barbara C.

Depends on what you are selling. Yes, a lot of items go unsold in the jewelry and accessories categories.....as well as others. Coach and Michael Kors and other designer brands, not much goes unsold, because here's the catch - - you pay fees on the starting bid. TH wants everything to start at $1. So you get punished if you start higher as to not get screwed by a low purchase price. Say you buy a designer bag for $120. If you start that bag at $100, you're already paying over $10 in fees. **IF** you can manage to sell it for a profit, there are still the commission and bank fees. If you start it at $1, you're barely paying any listing fees but it might only sell for $80 (or less!). So, less fees, but you lost your ass on the item. It's messed up. Most sellers have put in their time to see if they can make a profit or to see if TH will change, but they all seem to end up leaving. I'm convinced the only ones who stay to sell there are the counterfeit or crappy quality sellers who are buying items for next to nothing, because that seems to be the only way to make a profit there these days. I would go the ebay route if you're looking to sell.

By papa p.
Helpful answer -2

The T, the same as you and Brenda P are real, so is every other bidder on Tophatter. I'm terribly sorry that you do not feel this way. I am confident when I say: All bidders on Tophatter are real people wishing to win the item. Bidding with false pretenses is an act called shill bidding, it's illegal and not permitted on Tophatter. We provide information on shill bidding and the consequences in our FAQ here: http://tinyurl.com/y9w5qtqx. Thank you! If you have additional concerns about our ethics, please contact our customer support team and we will be happy to help. http://tinyurl.com/j8eo7hu Regards, Felicia

By Felicia C., Tophatter Representative

Yes! Sale of counterfeit items is prohibited. If you are concerned about the authenticity of an item purchased on the platform, you may return it for up to 30 days from delivery. See full details on our return policy here: http://tinyurl.com/h7xokwj.

By Graciela M.
Questions? Get answers from the Tophatter staff and other customers.

Tophatter?