Review of Tophatter

San Francisco, CA 94107, United States
Tel: +1-877-434-2894
help@tophatter.com
Youtube video thumbnail
10 Million Shoppers! Authenticity Guaranteed.
Join Now

benb249
11/7/18

This Tophatter site sounds a lot like madbid, which has been closed down because of dodgy dealings, but operated the same way under a similar bid scheme.

Steer well clear, stick to wish or gearbest or tinydeal if you want to to buy cheaper stuff.

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Ben,

Thank you for your review.

Tophatter has a A+ rating on BBB and millions of users use our marketplace, which is a proof of how professionally and ethically we work and the trust our users have in our platform. You may view the following link for more info : https://tinyurl.com/y8fv5rfe

michaelr914
11/6/18

I will absolutely never use any site that requires me to log in just to get a glimpse of what they are all about. That BS just tells me that these people know their site to be useless and want to build a spam list of everyone who just checks it out.

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Michael,

Thank you for your review.

I understand your frustrations of not wanting to create a account in order to view items. To combat fraud (e.g. shill bidding), we require that people are signed into a registered account before they can view/bid. Therefore, for both a better user experience and for the sake of security, we require that people are signed in before they can use our app.

allenf47
11/5/18

the marked through prices are out of bounds through the roof....no idiot would pay that retail price...they want you to think you're getting super duper "98% off" deal when actually you're not....example....$109 for a sonic tooth brush....you could buy 10 of them at Wally World for that price...but since you got it for $20 on Tophatter...plus shipping...it makes you feel warm and fuzzy that you got a heck of a deal...not...

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Allen,

Thank you for your review.

The struck-out price is the suggested price provided by the seller. Tophatter is a Marketplace that connects buyers with sellers":https://tophatter.com/terms, and we rely on sellers to provide accurate information. If you discover a listing has been misrepresented in any way, we offer excellent Buyer Protection( https://tinyurl.com/yc6sdknh)

sherrib72
11/5/18

I signed up to bid and I placed a bid for something my young grandchild would like a dinosaur night light I won the bid and when I went to pay for it it was some kind of cable for a television set. I cancelled that bid then I found a shirt a top that I would really like to have so I bid on that and I won and when I went to pay for it it was very sexy lingerie I'm a 65 year old woman I don't need a thong underwear and a see-through top this site is ridiculous I don't know how to bid but I was bidding on what was in the picture and I got something completely different so if anybody has any ideas how to work this site let me know otherwise Amazon will be my go-to place for Christmas shopping

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Sherri,

Thank you for sharing your experience.

It sounds like you may be experiencing some app lag.

Please ensure you have the current update installed, all background apps are closed and a strong connection for a smooth auction experience. If the problem persists, contact our dedicated customer support team here: http://tinyurl.com/j8eo7hu. Thank you!

patb304
11/1/18

I BOUGHT A FEW ELECTRONIC ITEMS AND SMART WATCHES BUT THEY DON'T WORK.
IT WAS ALL WASTE OF MONEY.
PRAVESH BHANDARI

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Pat,

Thank you for your review. We want you to be pleased with all of your purchases on Tophatter and I'm sorry that hasn't been the case.

We have a generous return policy; if for any reason you're not completely satisfied, you can request to return an item for up to 30 days from the date of delivery. You can see full details on the return policy here https://tinyurl.com/yd75uc6e

For any problematic items, you can quickly contact our customer support team by visiting My Orders, clicking the item, clicking Order FAQs, then clicking Contact Support and completing the form detailing the issue. We will be happy to help. If it’s more convenient for you, you can also contact our support team here: http://tinyurl.com/j8eo7hu

Shoppers also have the option to rate their delivered items. Rating items is important because 1.) other buyers will be able to review the average rating on products before they bid, and 2.) items rated consistently low will automatically stop being scheduled on the platform. For these reasons we encourage you to rate the products you have purchased, although doing so is not required.

douglasb190
10/29/18

I love the fact that it is over soon.and all the cheap items that look way more expensive than they are.some ads and or displays are very misleading as to actually what in the photo you are getting,or how many,etc.that will be the demise of this site.if the vendor has to deceive the customer to make a buck they have problems and can't be trusted.I have told many many people about this site and many have stopped using it because of the pathetic attempt to fool or deceive the customer.I realize it's done all legal like and if you read all the description, fine print, and so on it reveals the truth......more or less.sad as it is I avoid those vendors and keep on buying.

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Douglas,

Thank you for your review.

Tophatter is a Marketplace that connects buyers with sellers (https://tophatter.com/terms), and we rely on sellers to provide accurate information about every item; however, if you discover a listing has been misrepresented in any way, we offer excellent Buyer Protection (https://tophatter.com/topics/Buying/subtopics/Buyer%20Issues/questions/Is%20there%20Buyer%20Protection%3F) As part of our quality assurance process, our system detects and applies strong penalties to sellers with higher than average return rate, and individual items exceeding the rate will no longer be scheduled on our platform.

For any problematic items, please contact our dedicated support team here http://tinyurl.com/j8eo7hu for help getting the issue resolved.

stephanj7
10/29/18

I purchased a few of their items and had to realise that most things are available straight up on amazon for less money than people end up offering. Quality of items is poor and it seems that descriptions are intently brief and short on details. simple things like a 128 GB memory stick do not work. If its cheap sometimes it means it is just that.
Specialy here with top hatter

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Stephan,

Thank you for your review.

I'm sorry that you weren't able to find great deals while shopping with us. I hope you'll continue to check out the items on Tophatter as we bring in exciting new supply over the coming months.

bradyf11
10/29/18

GOT TO SAY THIS EVERYTHING I HAVE BOUGHT FROM THEM HAS BEEN GREAT. AND WHEN THERE WAS A PROBLEM THEY WERE RIGHT ON IT I WILL ALWAYS SHOP AT THE TOP

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Brady,

Thank you for your review.

I'm pleased to hear you are happy with the products and service on Tophatter.

Have a wonderful time shopping on Tophatter and be sure to check out the deals page here https://tophatter.com/catalogs/deals

Remember, at Tophatter, you can earn Store Credit by sharing our app with your friends. To learn more about, please go to the following link: https://tinyurl.com/yc8swt28

You can review the status of any referrals you have invited on the "Share & Earn":https://tophatter.com/users/share_and_earn page.

cindyw222
10/29/18

I've enjoyed bidding on items that I might not have known where to buy several items but Tophatter brought them to me. If I'm not happy with an item I usually get a refund.

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Cindy,

Thank you for your review.

I'm happy to hear you were able to find items that you love on Tophatter.

shawneenh
10/29/18

I like the products & most prices. Just wish products would have a better delivery system. Your package dates changes too much & I've been waiting on one of my packages for over a month.

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Shawneen,

We are delighted to have you as a valued member of the community. Thank you for writing your review.

I surely understand wanting what you paid for to arrive as soon as possible. Please know your voice is heard and we are working to improve your experience in terms of shipping times.

After you've purchased, you can click on any item from your My Orders page then click *Where's My Item?* to find the current status and timeline.

On Tophatter we have an extended ship time of 30 days domestically and 60 days for all international shipments. If the time-frames passes and you still haven’t received your item please contact our dedicated customer support team by visiting My Orders, clicking the item, clicking Order FAQs, then clicking Contact Support and completing the form detailing the issue. We will be happy to help. If it’s more convenient for you, you can also contact our support team here: http://tinyurl.com/j8eo7hu

anitab128
10/28/18

I have saved SOOO much $. My Christmas shopping is done. Everyone is getting a very nice gift, too. Tophatter also keeps their word about being happy with your purchase.

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Anita,

Thank you for your review.

I’m so happy to hear you're able to find products you love for those most important to you, friends and family members. We look forward to continuing to provide a variety of quality products at bargain pricing.

bobr237
10/28/18

My item is marked as delivered.

It shows that it was delivered to the wrong town and zip code.

DON'T buy anything if you can't find an email for customer support.

You can see below that it shows the item was delivered to Crestwood KY. I don't live in Crestwood and never have

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Bob,

Thank you for your review.

I'm sorry to hear your item was delivered to the wrong address. I know how frustrating and disappointing it must be to wait for an item only to have it not reach your home.

We offer Buyer Protection (https://tinyurl.com/yc6sdknh) which guarantees items are shipped with valid tracking and delivered to the address provided or a full refund will be processed. I reviewed your account and see a refund has been issued for Order #: 73813066 in the amount of $11.00 on Oct 24, 2018.

Please don't hesitate to reach out to our dedicated support team here http://tinyurl.com/j8eo7hu with any questions.

paulv144
10/28/18

THE PEOPLE AT TOP HATTER ARE GREAT WORK WITH YOU WITH NO PROBLEMS AAAAAAAAAAAAA++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Paul,

Thank you for your review and for choosing Tophatter. I’m happy that you enjoyed your shopping experience.
Remember, at Tophatter, you can earn Store Credit by sharing our app with your friends. To learn more please go to the following link: https://tinyurl.com/yc8swt28

Have a wonderful time shopping.

sandih16
10/26/18

Tophatter has a wide variety of offerings, many of which I've seen on other sites for double (or more!) the price. It can be frustrating that some items take so long to be delivered but I don't order anything that is essential to life. On those rare occasions that a product is defective, I really appreciate that my money (including shipping!) is refunded immediately. Great site!

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Sandi,

Thank you for your review.

I'm glad to hear you are pleased with our return policy on Tophatter.

krisk99
10/26/18

If shipping didn't take so long, I would've given 5 stars. As long as the item description is read carefully, everything is received as expected. Good experience so far!

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Kris,

lindam899
10/26/18

Most have been wonderful however some have not been as pleasant. Some later than planned some not ever showing up. I do like shopping with Tophatter for the most part. But would like to see some improvements?

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Linda,

We are delighted to have you as a valued member of the community.

At Tophatter, we believe that listening to you is one of the most important things we can do to improve. Thank you for your feedback.

donnaw310
10/26/18

I am very satisfied with Top Hatter. I can tell that Top Hatter cares about it's shoppers. I enjoy winning bids but be careful.....its very addictive.

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Donna,

It is fantastic to hear you have been pleased with your purchases and are having a great time bidding to win on Tophatter. We greatly appreciate your continued support!

cyndyp1
10/24/18

A few of the items were delivered poorly packaged or missing parts. Very few were delivered packaged that could be gifts.

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Cyndy,

jasond282
10/24/18

I'm always finding great deals on tophatter. Very happy with my purchases. You can't find deals like these on the other sites.

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Jason,

robertn282
10/24/18

Today all the things that I have bought I am very please with also very please with the delivery time the pages are very easy to understand about the item that you're buying I will definitely be back to buy some more

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Robert,

I truly appreciate you taking the time out to leave a review. Thank you for taking time out of your personal time to do so.

I’m pleased to hear your overall experience has been a great one.

sharonr281
10/24/18

Little trouble with some products, but no hassle with tophatter taken care of your problem right away.

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Sharon,

Thank you for your review.

I'm happy to hear we have been able to address your concerns efficiently and in a pleasing manner.

ginamariem
10/24/18

Awesome! I LOVE shopping on here good deals I enjoy trying new products I recommend shopping. On tophatter

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Gina,

Thank you for giving us a perfect rating and for recommending Tophatter. We greatly appreciate your continued support!

leog55
10/24/18

I have enjoyed using Tophatter for years. I have purchased many items, most of them were as expected and at a good price. Even when an item did not live up to expectations, you were quick to provide a refund. Fortunately those were few compared to my total number of purchases.
Very happy with the selection of items and the service. Keep up the good work.

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Leo,

Thank you for your perfect rating and for taking the time out to leave a review.

We would just like to say thank you for being a part of our family. We are very grateful for your continued business because we wouldn’t be here without loyal shoppers like you. You could have chosen any other business, but we appreciate that you have stuck with us.

I'm glad to hear when an item hasn't met your expectations, we have been able to resolve your concern in a satisfactory way.

mariep120
10/24/18

Takes way too long to get the merchandise.it has on occasion well over month going onto 2 months. If that improves I'll continue as a customer.

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Marie,

vincec55
10/24/18

Lots of cool items. Many are cheaply manufactured, so be sure to read descriptions before bidding. That said, I've found several really great, solid quality items. Return policy is very reasonable.

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Vince,

Thank you for your review. We hope every shopper will be delighted with every purchase, but understand that not everything can be perfect. If for any reason you’re not completely satisfied, you can request to return an item for up to 30 days from the date of delivery. A full refund of the original price paid will be processed upon return of the item in its original condition. To request a return, visit My Orders, click the item, then click Return Item.

2 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

you should have got a notice on your phone that you won the bid but my best advice to you is don't buy anything from Top Hatter all of it is junk

By jesus g.

Delete the app and shop somewhere else.

By Amber T.

overseas sellers sell plated 925 or plated gold they say 14k but thats fake too , tophatter does not monitor these sellers thats why so many refunds and cancelled orders , just do not buy from tophatter , waste of time , you tell me where to get 5000 dollar ring for 20 dollars tophatter if it sounds to good to be true then it is. all the people that say its real and everything is great are either first time online buyers or they work as a review panelist for money.

By cameron w.

Tophatter will screw you over. Shop Amazon or overstock.

By Lauren L.

Good luck! Tophatter rippes off the sellers so they are not going to be very likely to return your money.

By Jessica P.

Justin you are absolutely correct. I find out the hard way. I had my own auction with nice AUTHENTIC designer items and cosmetics (Becca, Cargo, Smahbox, Too Faced, etc). I lost big time. $40 Cargo palette sold for $10; it cost me $15. Items that I started higher to cover my cost never sold. I still had to pay fees for the item being listed. A $200 Calvin Klein purse sold for $20; it cost me $80 wholesale. Run! !!

By L W.

If you end up buying a few items from the same seller they can do a combined shipment but you rarely get the same buyer items since they only let the sellers sell 10 items a day. It is different for the sellers that have their own auctions.

By Barbara C.

Depends on what you are selling. Yes, a lot of items go unsold in the jewelry and accessories categories.....as well as others. Coach and Michael Kors and other designer brands, not much goes unsold, because here's the catch - - you pay fees on the starting bid. TH wants everything to start at $1. So you get punished if you start higher as to not get screwed by a low purchase price. Say you buy a designer bag for $120. If you start that bag at $100, you're already paying over $10 in fees. **IF** you can manage to sell it for a profit, there are still the commission and bank fees. If you start it at $1, you're barely paying any listing fees but it might only sell for $80 (or less!). So, less fees, but you lost your ass on the item. It's messed up. Most sellers have put in their time to see if they can make a profit or to see if TH will change, but they all seem to end up leaving. I'm convinced the only ones who stay to sell there are the counterfeit or crappy quality sellers who are buying items for next to nothing, because that seems to be the only way to make a profit there these days. I would go the ebay route if you're looking to sell.

By papa p.
Helpful answer -2

The T, the same as you and Brenda P are real, so is every other bidder on Tophatter. I'm terribly sorry that you do not feel this way. I am confident when I say: All bidders on Tophatter are real people wishing to win the item. Bidding with false pretenses is an act called shill bidding, it's illegal and not permitted on Tophatter. We provide information on shill bidding and the consequences in our FAQ here: http://tinyurl.com/y9w5qtqx. Thank you! If you have additional concerns about our ethics, please contact our customer support team and we will be happy to help. http://tinyurl.com/j8eo7hu Regards, Felicia

By Felicia C., Tophatter Representative

Yes! Sale of counterfeit items is prohibited. If you are concerned about the authenticity of an item purchased on the platform, you may return it for up to 30 days from delivery. See full details on our return policy here: http://tinyurl.com/h7xokwj.

By Graciela M.
Questions? Get answers from the Tophatter staff and other customers.

Tophatter?