Tophatter

Tophatter has a consumer rating of 3.81 stars from 7,911 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with Tophatter most frequently mention customer service, good quality and great prices. Tophatter ranks 3rd among Auction sites.

This company responds to reviews on average within 6 days

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 52.5%

• Love most of the products and most importantly... phenomenal customer service
  • And its lots of fun bidding on items an competing against someone you don't know.

• I dont have the energy to take things to the post office...
  • Which in my experience, I bid with no credit card verified, and got someone to outbid me.
How would you rate Tophatter?

“And since I am a long time or Tophatter subscriber customer with a few other accounts online!”

Diamondmane D.
8/21/20

Now I personally really believe & think that you guy's should actually be monitoring your third party vendors a litter Mo bettarh. Because would've that help make a more smoother process especially when someone winning a bid in finding out it isn't what they seem or win recently with there products posted. Now with that being continue business as usual continue why making those sensible choices online congrats why win-win-win

“No receipt of items/ items not as shown on site”

Dorothy B.
12/5/20

I purchased 6 items. As Top hatter has no phone I sent an email then another then another after 2 months of no followup on delivery or answer to any of my emails I filed a complaint with the BBB. They did respond to that but in spite of providing my pay pal invoices now claim i have no account. Received 2 items as described one junk and have never received the other 3 items ordered the first week of October.

Reviews (7,911)

customer service (410) fun bidding (76) post office (61) christmas shopping (66) auction site (95) credit card (71) quality items (54) customer support (64) dollar store (44) phone number (33)
thomasp1132
March 17th, 2021

I have found good prices on my bids. You need to read the product info before you bid, for size and what you are actually bidding on. Size can be misleading and the amount of product, so read info. Most of the time you get your product before they say, but still do not be in a hurry to get it. Remember this can be addicting and you can be surprised by your credit card bill! Good Luck and have fun.

Tip for consumers:
Read the info for size and what is included. Read reviews before you bid.

Products used:
Voltage tester- my wife liked the make-up

carlar100
February 15th, 2020

TopHatters is a excellent place of value for your money. They offer a wide variety of products. These people go that extra mile to make sure their customers are taken care of. And yes, there are some things that u may be dismayed with, But b responsible about what u bid on. Read the reviews. My self, I definitely LOVE this site. And never been dismayed with product or customer service team.

Hi Carla,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate your support and kind words!

It's fantastic to hear that you are pleased with the item variety, quality, and service. You are priority number one, and I'm thrilled to know we delivered the superior experience you deserve.

If you have a question or a concern, customer support agents are available to help via email by signing into your Tophatter account and going here: https://tophatter.com/support/contact?topic=Buying or by sending us a direct email to help@tophatter.com.

dorothyb415
December 5th, 2020

Mostly cheap made in China fake photos. Junk

2 out of 3 -3 have never been delivered

sinam8
December 2nd, 2020

Almost NOTHING ever comes. Only reason I keep going back is because they don't give me my money bapck, they give me credit to their website. When stuff does come, l it is NEVER what they say. Only thing I have somewhat liked on thete so far is the diamond paintings, but most turn out to only be partial paintings... I have 15 missing products from October and November. Those were Christmas presents. Now I am out the money and the presents. Dissatisfied customer

phild499
September 30th, 2020

Purchased an item a so called robotic sweeper it turned up and its cheap nasty crap that they cant sell on ebay as it is not fit for purpose and may as well through in the bin basic childs bump and go toy with a piece of felt on the bottom
Oh you can get a refund but thats more hassel than its worth and you have to send said piece of crap back at you expense which will cost the same as the product itself complete joke cant speak to anybody at tophatter get run around in circles

micheller609
February 12th, 2020

I have purchased many items on Tophatter with very little issue. One item arrived damaged and within minutes of notifying customer service, I was not only refunded my money but also given a credit for the trouble. Also, once I accidentally bid on an item and won. I cancelled the order without any incident at all. Some items are a bit smaller than they appear, but most everything I have purchased I have used and love!

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for sharing your experience!

You are priority number one, and it's wonderful to know our dedicated team of customer support agents made sure to deliver the superior experience you deserve.

If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, you can request to return an item for up to 30 days from the date of delivery. We process a full refund of the original price paid upon return of the item in its original condition. To request a return, visit My Orders, click the article, then click Return Item. Please refer to our FAQ How do I request a return? Here: https://help.en.tophatter.com/article/65-return

diamondmaned
August 21st, 2020

Hi Diamondmane,

Thank you for your review. We want you to be pleased with all of your purchases on Tophatter, and I'm sorry that wasn't the case in this instance, as it is always our goal for every experience to be positive.

Tophatter is a Marketplace that connects buyers with sellers (https://tophatter.com/terms). Because we aren't in physical possession of the seller's items, we rely on the sellers to provide accurate information about every item; however, listing misrepresented in any way, we offer excellent Buyer Protection https://tinyurl.com/yy6m335d to combat this.

As part of our quality assurance process, our system detects and applies substantial penalties to sellers with a higher than average return rate, and individual items exceeding the standard will no longer be scheduled on our platform.

If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, please request to return an item for up to 30 days from the date of delivery. A full refund of the original price paid will be processed upon return of the item in its original condition. To request a return, visit My Orders, click the item, then click Return Item. Please refer to our FAQ How do I request a return? Here: https://help.en.tophatter.com/article/65-return

Shoppers also have the option to rate their delivered items. Rating items is essential because 1.) other buyers will be able to review the average rating on products before they bid, and 2.) items rated consistently low will automatically stop being scheduled on the platform. For these reasons, we encourage you to evaluate the products you have purchased, although doing so is not required.

If you have a question or a concern, customer support agents are available to help via email by signing into your Tophatter account and going here https://tophatter.com/support/contact?topic=Buying or by sending us a direct email to help@tophatter.com.

garyg566
June 30th, 2020
Verified purchase

Since joining tophatter I have really enjoyed the opportunity to bid on these wonderful items that they have to offer...! The only problem is not having multiple buttons to pick every item that is offered...! Lol it is a remarkable site to be on and each individual person that are selling their items give you their best advice on the items which makes everything really nice.! Thanks tophatter great job

Hi Gary,

We would just like to say thank you for being a part of our family. We are very grateful for your continued business because we wouldn’t be here without loyal shoppers like you. You could have chosen any other business, but we appreciate that you have stuck with us. Thank you, again, and have a great day!

michaelj1312
October 7th, 2020
Verified purchase

I am rather new to this site and have been happy ever since joining. Every thing I've ordered has been exactly what was promised and at times ahead of scheduled delivery. I haven't had the opportunity to use the return function nor do I want to. I do find it exciting when it gets to "going twice" and you're saying to yourself "can't this go any faster?" Lol. Thanks tophater having fun again!

naizabeths
February 25th, 2021

When I found out about this TOPHATTER I was a little denial because I have got scam so many times but I decided to give it a try and let me tell ya it's been 1 month now and everyday I shop is so indicted like if your in a casino and the best part about this TOPHATTER is even if you have no money there's games to play which will give you credit and you can continue to shop is awesome

Tip for consumers:
Full refund, delivery date, tracking,

Products used:
Rings, phone charger, heat neck, drawing table, bracelets, LED flowers, LED candles,

heatherh547
April 13th, 2020

I ordered what was suppose to be a women's medium sized nine jacket, I received a child's large Nike jacket. The jacket would not even come close to fitting my daughter who wears a small. I requested a return and was denied. You can't falsely list the size of your items. I should be given a refund because had I known the jacket was actually a Child's size I wouldn't have bought it. The seller duped me and now Mercari won't refund me my money.

johnr3164
February 10th, 2021
• Updated review

To all that don't work for tophatter contact me if they have stolen or ripped by TH. Sellers see my strategy before thinking of selling hear my story and be a friend follow my page and learn my secrets of 10000% satisfactory with buying and bidding.
Just need a way to prove you don't work for top hatter and it is not known what that would de as I just now am thinking the part of pm my email and stuff into my strategy and sharing the fun and it will soon be all who reply's best site on the internet as is mine. Don't lose out don't put up with that criminal sham they con us into I can sue but I can do better that even I can get payed email me at *******@icloud.com and please post photo and name so I can cross reference with the employees of tophatter is a has to.

Let the teaching begin, and don't delete the app or account only the sellers side if your smart it's profit I'm speaking here with only fun to make it it's a job of mine having been done wrong and scammed myself to share my fun as I am not greedy but very smart. Lol christian 30 years old treasure hunter and gold miner, and jewelry salesman, and New age product inventor. Stay at home gamer that loves to learn and go out and adventure. Hmu

Tip for consumers:
Msg me for genius strategy on winning at TH own game satisfaction and free products guaranteed and all legal follow me every one allowed but tophatter employed.

Most of them

Tips and tricks on tophatter. Beginners and pros read Tips for taken advantage of by TH too..
January 19th, 2021
• Previous review

Beginners listen up here's how to show tophatter that your not fools you too if you have been stolen from or scared as I have had done to me as well as had a freaking awesome time on the TH web site with over 200 items won almost all my badges and made a really big profit every time I use the buying side and biding side of this site. Now selling on the other hand just don't it's not fun and if you fall for it and end up paying tophatter I can't help you their. They get colder and colder the higher you go up the chain of command. Even to give BBB the cold shoulder when they lose an argument like they did to me. So here's a list of tips on profiting on tophatter while saving up to 20x the original projected discount of a big win bid on an item.
1:: you will get kicked for a time of 24hours if you cancel 3 items in a row consecutively.(unlimited cancels on all items within 24hour time of payment or win)

2:: don't sell on tophatter it's going to turn out in a debt of fees and confusion while billing you without notice or education to inform yourself. They don't keep the as advertised amounts of $ if said you would receive $50 for spending or $100 for sellers fees they will give you credit twards listing items but that's it. Then scam a bill to you.

3:: ok the menus in the upper corner I'd a must see. In the drop down menus you will see a search option.
This area is a page with only a search bar on it all alone. So people won't draw to it as often and forget about it there I sent even advertisements on the page. Ok your best friend if you use eBay to go check prices and back and forth the whole researching items for resell. This is actually a buy it now catalog of the items of TH that you can search through it's gotta have everything and everything ever. More than you can imagine. Search the item you like before bidding Save up to 10x even 20x your pocket money and mass discount it as most people will pay for crazy price 10-20x the buy it now price.

4:: if you just start bidding on top hatter you will definitely get addicted it's fun we all do. When it's a month later and you are used to how it works you always think " all the money I spent on those few items when I coulda bought all this" so before you rush into it pay attention to tip 5 it's very serious you do this tip5 every day for about a month or what ever your comfortable to drop dip 5.

5:: strategy for starters when bidding. Ok it's a first visit and your thrilled and excited ya ok now the time you patiently put into looking for the good deals really is worth it. On days I don't buy a thing I still spend an hour or up to 5 hours for nothing. But tip 3 solved my problem 90% and learning patients is the difference between buying 1-2 items for $20 or buying 15-18 items for $20. Really does make all the difference so I'll continue in tip 5.

7:: I'd say to buy or bid 3 items in a range of 4-5 days and then after the 4-5 days another three and 4-5 days another three and so on while using patients to watch you tube videos on the site and to learn what tip 3 had to offer as well as view other cat Igor ya on the top of the page and see and note what people are paying for the item a day or two ahead of the initial day to bid.

8:: when your buying items and you use the chat bubble for customer assistance just try and settle it with the bubble rep as most possible it's useless to ask for a manager. The system TH has is your the one asking for heals and expect it and costumer is always rite. Rite? Wrong if you are trying to take steps towards the solving of an issue the asking for a manager or supper visors and up and up, in actuality you are stepping backwards and it's really a step back every time till you will want to sue the.

9:: myself still on the first two hundred dollar I initially put in to TH I am two years later still using and buying items with money that legally is mine am in all rites to it if I do it rite. Never ever rate items on TH why? Because ifs a 100% sure way to never get that item a refund ever. That's for each individual purchase so it's not really needed.its possible you might need a return later or some time and won't be able to.

10:: returning an item that has been stared reviewed is worthless if you have it in hand or not it's going to ask to return it to the sender or seller and you package it in the package it came in and pay to send it back yourself and they refund it then.or tip 10-11 And 12are your best friend of all tips. As they tell why provide the profit side of TH.

10:: item delivery's only about 5% of delivery's are sold by a seller that delivers on time the rest are over seas and they do not make it on time never have never will. About a month to receive an item on TH then if you didn't receive It on time 3-5 day wait and still if no item after 7 days you can report a late delivery option. After that option about 5 a month later they scheduled a fee fund. Some take up to 5 months to arrive.

11:: when an item is in transit is your best friend means another day till said arrival date states and no item and if it's in transit bu5 you received it early double yes woohoo. And many items end up being I. Transit way after arrival and till sometimes past delivery date assigned at first. Now without reviewing an item you can always ask were is my item it will tell you were it is and optional return Option or delivery notified. Even after delivery without review you can ask where's my item. And wait a month and 100% refund that item. After assigned delivery date at purchase 7 days till you make it late delivery And 3 weeks till a full refund.

12:: with a tip aquatinted costumer as you should be reading this for now into this tip list. You can buy about exp=( 5 items for $6-$20 Let's say $20 Ok now you are out $20 till about a month later while spending even another lets say $50 and another $20 in the week after and the other $20 the week after so in 3 weeks your no items and out $90 not too fun realizing wow a month or more may be two months till I get my item.)well thanks to the tips here your notified and educated for that shock. Ok come to the first item a month later and you might get it early or late so either way don't review it and just wait for your next package by the next package just a week after go and report late delivery on the first package and so on. The third and fourth package same a week after do a report and now lets say it's about 3 weeks after the report of late delivery, now you should be getting your refund added to your account and the week after another and another and another on and on. Instant refund and free items were one might not show or be off order lost or stolen.

13:: now that you know the get my profit it's in the items you buy and how many you buy and how often you buy items that's matters. This will be able to calculate your profit as you buy and a system forms when you get the hang of it. That example above is for the $20 a week and that system I started on the about 20 items for $30-$40 every 2-3 days if not more would them realize strategic patterns and all these tips here put them to use and I was getting packages in a month while being bumped out I dident go buy on amazon or at the store or ebay that all deliver really quick not like TH. But when the items showed in a mass amounts day after day after day and week after week I formed a jewelry shop and supplied presents and birthday gifts for two years and with the refund strategies I made I still got credit every other day adding to my account from items I ordered two months or three months ago that were not here in time you know ""in time"" delivery late always late those packages hardly out of 200 wins a 5% rate on on time delivery's. And if you need more proof email me at *******@icloud.com I'll invite you on my profit margins and see it your self. Thanks and wait for my second review of tips.

Tip for consumers:
Ya read my tips and tricks for tophatter beginners and pros. Save hundreds or thousands and receive free items .

Products used:
Most everything I will try all of them eventually.tips and tricks for buyers .

butterm
January 9th, 2021

Of the 4 orders I have received 3 have been blatant misrepresentations. I ordered 2 RC cars as christmas gifts, one of them was a much smaller much lower grade one than advertised, and the other one wasnt even remote controlled at all, it was simply a die cast model. I ordered a 25 piece lockpicking practice set with clear plastic see through locks, its a 5 piece set of tiny thin metal picks. From what I've seen tophatter is populated mainly with BS sellers from china trying to make a quick buck from false advertising

tomv289
November 5th, 2020

Don't buy, or bid on the Scrounge site Tophatter! They are very dishonest! Your item is coming direct from China, and will take at least 2 months to arrive, if it arrives at all! I had a item recently never arrive, and got a bogus email from crooked Tophatter, saying it was delivered. They won't even say who the carrier was! Do not bid on their junk! Pay a couple dollars more, and buy your item from a local store, or buy it on a trusted site, such as eBay!

lindam1591
April 1st, 2020

I've been dealing with Tophatter for several years now and have yet to experience a problem with it. 98% of their products are exactly as advertised. And if you should have a problem with the other 2%, Tophatter insures to make it right. I purchase solely for myself and not for resale. Many times I will price check items on Google, Amazon, etc. to make certain my choices are good ones. So far I've been very happy. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for an auction where the bidding starts low and the pricing doesn't get out of hand.

Tip for consumers:
If you find an item and the bid is higher than you're willing to go, be patient. There's a heart in the left hand corner of every item. If you find something you like.Hit that heart.Then when the heart comes up again you'll be made aware. Let's say you're in Home and Hobbies and what you've been bidding on has gone up too high for you..go to the top of the page and hit Home and Hobbies.More than likely that item you were bidding on, the one with the red heart, will pop up again and let you know

Products used:
I've purchased over 45 in the past several months.

Hi Linda,

Thank you so much for your thorough, kind review and recommendation. We appreciate your support.

We are very grateful for your continued business because we wouldn’t be here without loyal shoppers like you. You could have chosen any other company, but we appreciate that you have stuck with us. Thank you again, and have a great day!

marcd128
January 18th, 2020
Verified purchase

I do like tophatter. I have won approx 10 items In the first few months. I should probably give them 5 stars but just couldnt get myself to do it. It's not tophatter's fault but 3 items took a fair amount longer to get then estimated and i needed to return the largest item i bought. As i said not tophatter fault for slow shippers or in the 1 case a seller completely and outright lying about the product but it did detract a little from my overall enjoyment so i had to give it 4*

Hi Marc,

We are delighted to have you as a valued member of the community. Thank you for writing your review.

I surely understand wanting what you paid for to arrive as soon as possible. Please know that your voice is heard and we are working to improve your experience in terms of shipping times.

After you've purchased, you can click on any item from your My Orders page then click *Where's My Item?* to find the current status and timeline.

On Tophatter we have an extended ship time of 30 days domestically and 60 days for all international shipments. If the time-frame passes and you still haven’t received your item please contact our dedicated customer support team by visiting My Orders, clicking the item, clicking Order FAQs, then clicking Contact Support and completing the form detailing the issue. We will be happy to help. If it’s more convenient for you, you can also contact our support team here: http://tinyurl.com/j8eo7hu

valh89
August 14th, 2020
Verified purchase

I like Tophatter because I've seen items on this site that I've never seen in stores or on any other sites which makes Tophatter very cool. The prices you can't beat them, items starting at $1.00 with free shipping and handling it doesn't get any better than that keep up the good work Tophatter. I am a true fan of Tophatters!

Hi Val,

Thank you for your review. I'm very happy that you enjoy the unique items on Tophatter and the bargain prices. We appreciate your support.

dianam407
January 29th, 2020

Tophatter is legit not like other companies which send you junk. All of my winning bids have been up to my standards. I highly recommend joining Tophatter.

Tip for consumers:
Wait till the red line is almost to the end and then bid and confirm bid, otherwise if you and others bid before...the bid keeps rising.

Products used:
Smart watch (2) , robot vacuum (2), bluetooth speaker, computer tablets (2), Hair dye (2), ring, and a security camera.

carolynm747
August 5th, 2020
Verified purchase

For me, bidding on jewelry at the Tophatter website, is oddly satisfying. It fulfills my fantasy. I can shop like I'm a millionairess and buy buy buy. Not to mention, about 90% of items I have gotten I sincerely like. I even order for my grand daughter. I like to surprise her and the look in her eyes is the best feeling in the world. YOU made this possible Tophatter. Thank you sincerely, carolyn.

Hi Carolyn,

Thank you so much your review has truly made our day.

It is always our goal for the community to have a positive experience. It's so nice to hear you find items for your those you love, that they love! We appreciate your support.

keyshar2
December 3rd, 2020

Tophatter says that u have buyer protection and then ask me to contact the seller. It's all a scam and I only used it again to use my credits will never purchase anything else from tophatter. I haven't even received half of my stuff and this stuff comes from China and all different countries that don't even care if you receive it and they will not refund you and put you in loops. Look below to see where your buyer protection does for you. Me and my coworkers wish we never ordered from them and we aren't anymore

andyd230
October 20th, 2020
Verified purchase

I enjoy the bidding experience shopping at top hatter. I have issues with the sometimes extreme shipping costs some on some of your items, especially when it was free shipping the day before. But all in all you made it worth while with the ability to cancel those items bid on and won with the high shipping. So im a satisfied return shopper and would recommend your site.

jessej104
June 16th, 2020
Verified purchase

I really like Top Hatter, you find the items you need, wish for and past items needs that might have slipped memory. Top Hatter is fun and competitive, putting bitters against each other in a auction format.
Pros: Very fun at the 5 Star Level.
Cons: 3 regarding shipping on some items which falls on the seller not Top Hatter!

Hi Jesse,

Thank you for your review. I'm happy to hear you enjoy shopping on Tophatter. We appreciate your support.

ashleyr477
September 15th, 2020
Verified purchase

I have gotten so many great deals from Tophatter! If my package arrives damaged or doesn't meet my expectations they give a full refund. Plus it's fun bidding to win there items.

jettaa
November 24th, 2020

Ordered a large quartz crystal. Their Ad shows a picture of someone holding it. It's approx 12" tall. What they actually sent was smaller than my pinky finger, and about 1inch tall. When I asked for a refund, they said they would give me store credit. I do not want to do any further business with them and wanted my money back. Had to call my credit card company and get it refunded. It's a scam to take your money.

nilsas6
November 24th, 2020

I think Tophatter really resolve your issues. Great company. I recommend them, lots of different items to please everyone. Love getting diamond paintings there.

I filed complaints with BBB, Tophatter hasn't responded. But just don't shop there... Seller hasn't responded either...

By elaine d.
See more answers (27)

You have to read the descriptions. It will tell you if it's real or plated.

By crystal h.
See more answers (27)

Tophatter will screw you over. Shop Amazon or overstock.

By Lauren L.
See more answers (13)

Good luck! Tophatter rippes off the sellers so they are not going to be very likely to return your money.

By Jessica P.
See more answers (11)

Justin you are absolutely correct. I find out the hard way. I had my own auction with nice AUTHENTIC designer items and cosmetics (Becca, Cargo, Smahbox, Too Faced, etc). I lost big time. $40 Cargo palette sold for $10; it cost me $15. Items that I started higher to cover my cost never sold. I still had to pay fees for the item being listed. A $200 Calvin Klein purse sold for $20; it cost me $80 wholesale. Run!

By L W.
See more answers (9)

If you end up buying a few items from the same seller they can do a combined shipment but you rarely get the same buyer items since they only let the sellers sell 10 items a day. It is different for the sellers that have their own auctions.

By Barbara C.