Review of Tophatter

San Francisco, CA 94107, United States
Tel: +1-877-434-2894
help@tophatter.com
Youtube video thumbnail
10 Million Shoppers! Authenticity Guaranteed.
Join Now

michelem381
10/20/19

Their return policy is also the jet I haven't had to return very many things but they take good care of you and it's fun bidding

toddk85
10/19/19

I've won a lot of auctions and had a great time doing so. I've gotten quality items at a cheap price. I give Tophatter a 5+!!!!!!!

jol106
10/19/19

I have been satisfied, and I have been disappointed. Sizes run small. Some pictures are not true to size. Some things really cheap stuff, and others are wonderful. I think on some orders it takes too long to get them.

reginaa54
10/19/19

I LOVE having bidding wars for products! Also you can earn badges and money!! It is a GREAT way to pass time and have FUN!!!

terryt183
10/19/19

I enjoy seeing what they have on the block and they service has been great. I enjoy just checking it out.

quintinb13
10/19/19

Great deals on many different things. Fast pace auction action at it's best. I have won 30 items so far.

genies8
10/19/19

Each item I have received I have been very pleased with. I received exactly as the product that was listed. The prices are fantastic!

narday
10/19/19

I'm mostly happy with the items I won on Top Hatter. My biggest gripe would be they do describe most items well enough that you know for sure what you are buying. And the other gripe is a lot of the items take way too long to arrive. But it is fun to bid and win and I have received a lot of really nice items worth quite a bit more than I paid.

stevem1085
10/19/19
• Updated review

very bad site you order never receive your product or receive it broke or not working cant get your money back they don't have a phone number to tell them your problem so they can rip you off beware the picture shown was suppose to be gold ore its just a rock no gold what so ever

“total ripoff dont buy here chinese trash”
• Previous review

turned them in to bbb and attorney generals office lets see how this turns out have tried to contact the $#*!s and never get an answer and I would be shock if they do I will let the law get them

amyb553
10/19/19

Tophatter is the best way to find whatever your looking for. Great service, great timing and great quality.

sharleeng
10/18/19

after numerous bids and wins i was truly disappointed with many of my items. the skeleton was 15" even though they show it on a real chair. love my nintendo games, so far they are living up to their words.

leeanna5
10/18/19

I have had no problems with this site. Everything I've ordered has been on time or before the date given. Even when I needed to return an item the refund was quick and with no problems. I absolutely enjoy this site.

guyc65
10/18/19

They give you instant credits for returns when they want and if you use those credits never get merchandise. When you win bids that are in yiur favor seller never sends item when you track package no info. So of you ise credits on items and seller don't send never reimbursed so lost money. Goto wish or joom pay for shipping ne better off I spent over 500 dollars and terrible service most stuff says in tramsit

sondrab18
10/18/19

Always fun to bid and find new deals. If you don't win The first time - find another and try again!!

soniar61
10/18/19

Loving it!....... My family even enjoys just watching me bid on different items that come up for sale. They even want to start up their own accounts to bid on!!!!!

edgarv23
10/18/19

Half of all items are poorly made or did not work. Then the shipping wait takes to long, just to be disappointed.

shanaw19
10/18/19

Love all the unique and fun things to choose from, so glad I found it. Everything I have purchased has been just as described, can't wait to find more.

reginap27
10/18/19

I have recently ordered about forty things from Tophatter. About half of the ones I have received have been worth the money, but the other half was very misrepresented on the picture and descriptions. HOWEVER, for each product that I have questioned and been disapponted in, Tophatters has refunded me. They have great customer service, which makes me not so afraid to order something.

cristinec2
10/18/19

When I get stressed I come on tophatter to relax. I am very pleased at how returns are done when I am not happy with something done immediately!

josephc887
10/18/19

About half way down the change of auction items stop and go very slowly or sometime hold up for a few minutes.

debrac286
10/18/19

I have had bad experiences with Tophatter and stopped using It, there stuff Is no good and you have to pay to send everything back, I read before that they would send a return label but they don't do that and cost to much from USA to send to China

kendrickm14
10/18/19

I have been very satisfied thus far. I love the assortment and price.

kathyb485
10/18/19

I have been disappointed in a few of the items. Good price on the, tho.

carolinec135
10/18/19

I'm very pleased with everything I've gotten from Tophatter. It's better than going out to the store. You can stay in out of the cold/heat and still shop but alot cheeper.

davidl1539
10/15/19

SOMEONE who is very deceitful is posting a Walking Liberty .50 cent piece that is the size of a Dime. But on the Bid"s it is showing a picture of a Full Size Walking Liberty. And Tophatter is letting them get away with it. ( I Got Ripped Off)

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi David,

Thank you for your review.

Tophatter is a Marketplace that connects buyers with sellers (https://tophatter.com/terms). Because we aren't in physical possession of the seller’s items we rely on the sellers to provide accurate information about every item; however, if you discover a listing has been misrepresented in any way, we offer excellent Buyer Protection https://tinyurl.com/yc6sdknh As part of our quality assurance process, our system detects and applies strong penalties to sellers with higher than average return rate, and individual items exceeding the rate will no longer be scheduled on our platform.

You can report an item that you feel may be misleading by using the report this item link in the lower right. Our product team will review the listing and take appropriate action.

You can also request to return an item for up to 30 days from the date of delivery. A full refund of the original price paid will be processed upon return of the item in its original condition. To request a return, visit My Orders, click the item, then click Return Item.

Shoppers also have the option to rate their delivered items. Rating items is important because 1.) other buyers will be able to review the average rating on products before they bid, and 2.) items rated consistently low will automatically stop being scheduled on the platform. For these reasons we encourage you to rate the products you have purchased, although doing so is not required.

Warm Regards,
Angelique
2 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and with the Attorney General, this site is a fraud and needs to be shut down.

By Tracy H.

You have to read the descriptions. It will tell you if it's real or plated.

By crystal h.

you should have got a notice on your phone that you won the bid but my best advice to you is don't buy anything from Top Hatter all of it is junk

By jesus g.

Tophatter will screw you over. Shop Amazon or overstock.

By Lauren L.

Good luck! Tophatter rippes off the sellers so they are not going to be very likely to return your money.

By Jessica P.

Justin you are absolutely correct. I find out the hard way. I had my own auction with nice AUTHENTIC designer items and cosmetics (Becca, Cargo, Smahbox, Too Faced, etc). I lost big time. $40 Cargo palette sold for $10; it cost me $15. Items that I started higher to cover my cost never sold. I still had to pay fees for the item being listed. A $200 Calvin Klein purse sold for $20; it cost me $80 wholesale. Run! !!

By L W.

If you end up buying a few items from the same seller they can do a combined shipment but you rarely get the same buyer items since they only let the sellers sell 10 items a day. It is different for the sellers that have their own auctions.

By Barbara C.

Depends on what you are selling. Yes, a lot of items go unsold in the jewelry and accessories categories.....as well as others. Coach and Michael Kors and other designer brands, not much goes unsold, because here's the catch - - you pay fees on the starting bid. TH wants everything to start at $1. So you get punished if you start higher as to not get screwed by a low purchase price. Say you buy a designer bag for $120. If you start that bag at $100, you're already paying over $10 in fees. **IF** you can manage to sell it for a profit, there are still the commission and bank fees. If you start it at $1, you're barely paying any listing fees but it might only sell for $80 (or less!). So, less fees, but you lost your ass on the item. It's messed up. Most sellers have put in their time to see if they can make a profit or to see if TH will change, but they all seem to end up leaving. I'm convinced the only ones who stay to sell there are the counterfeit or crappy quality sellers who are buying items for next to nothing, because that seems to be the only way to make a profit there these days. I would go the ebay route if you're looking to sell.

By papa p.
Helpful answer -2

The T, the same as you and Brenda P are real, so is every other bidder on Tophatter. I'm terribly sorry that you do not feel this way. I am confident when I say: All bidders on Tophatter are real people wishing to win the item. Bidding with false pretenses is an act called shill bidding, it's illegal and not permitted on Tophatter. We provide information on shill bidding and the consequences in our FAQ here: http://tinyurl.com/y9w5qtqx. Thank you! If you have additional concerns about our ethics, please contact our customer support team and we will be happy to help. http://tinyurl.com/j8eo7hu Regards, Felicia

By Felicia C., Tophatter Representative

Yes! Sale of counterfeit items is prohibited. If you are concerned about the authenticity of an item purchased on the platform, you may return it for up to 30 days from delivery. See full details on our return policy here: http://tinyurl.com/h7xokwj.

By Graciela M.
Questions? Get answers from the Tophatter staff and other customers.

Tophatter?