Review of Tophatter

San Francisco, CA 94107, United States
Tel: +1-877-434-2894
help@tophatter.com
Youtube video thumbnail
10 Million Shoppers! Authenticity Guaranteed.
Join Now

karend536
12/11/19
Most everything I've received from this site has been damaged or broken! The price to return is more than the items are worth. I'm through with this site!
jeffreyw314
12/11/19
And be aware the quality of product recieved is normally sub par. I won quite a few auctions before receiving any of them and have been greatly disappointed.
heatherp329
12/9/19
I have had good experiences when shopping with Tophatter,
laurag455
12/8/19
Some of the stuff is really nice and mire than I expected but others are smaller than and without instructions
perrym54
12/8/19
Wonderful auction site fun bidding with great products and even better prices!!! Thier customer service and shipping times are top rate.
dinnad1
12/8/19
Fast sending out so get in time for gifts products are as described and at great prices I can afford to buy gifts for everyone on my lists and still get myself some great stuff
lorif282
12/8/19
The products and packaging are very inconsistent. Some products are very cheaply and poorly made and others are nicer than I expected for a mail order company. The packaging is not consistent either. I ordered 2 of the same products and received one in the original packaging (that the packaging was damaged due to poor outer packaging, and the other one was wrapped in bubble wrapping and no original packaging at all. Hard to give as Christmas gifts like this. Some products are poorly sized and also fabrics are much different than described.
erics895
12/8/19
I found this site and have been a customer ever since. They have many of the things you'd like to have and things you need. They also have a generous return policy, if it doesn't fit or work or it's not what you expected they will give you a quick return credit.
sherryn60
12/8/19
For every item you receive that is of good quality and works correctly, you receive two that do not/are not. You can return a few without any degree of hassle but then your required to return the items, which I have no issue in doing, to find out it will cost anywhere from $15.00 to $25.00 in shipping cost. It just doesn't make that 100% refundable satisfaction 100% worth it. The best part is if you try to contact Tophatter on any of this you cannot find any way to do so. So my opinion, go to Walmart, at least you can return with no hassle or penalties if the item isn't worth it.

Tip for consumers: Really, really read the description and most importantly the reviews before bidding!! And if unsure don't bid on it.

andreaw179
12/8/19
Most products I've bought have been amazing. Delivery sometimes takes forever. I had to stop shopping for the holidays due to possibly not arriving on time. Even though there's an approximate delivery date, I just can't put myself through it this time of year
darlenew84
12/8/19
i had to write like 5 times to get someones attention buy finally got a refund for something that was missing in the envelope delivered to me
debbiey23
12/7/19
I have been buying from Tophatter for a long time and I have been happy with most of the items I have received. If I'm not happy about something, you will hear about it. I spend ALOT of well spent money on your site. Thank you.
sheilas268
12/7/19
Very satisfied with the products and rewards. A convenient way of shopping online. The wait is inevitable.
bonniem358
12/7/19
Very old computer advertised as new, ou only show a couple of great reviews, after buying a product you can see the others, I ordered 3 tablets that showed great reviews only to learn they don't work, these were suppose to be Christmas presents, I had to buy new ones
juliev100
12/7/19
Perfect baby gift. Got one for both babies.came fast too. Lights and music is perfect!!! Colors are great for boys or girls
johns5172
12/7/19
Always great fun to bid on the products against other people from around the world and meeting great staff to
dkana
12/7/19
I like how TH works to permit bidding and seeing details of items, but most of the things I have won have been poor quality, smaller than I'd expected, or just not worth the price. The jewelry items are the best items I have gotten.
carolt341
12/7/19
Over all I am pleased with most of my purchases. The problem with A couple was much smaller than I thought...I had no idea what cm was in measures...Now I know...I do love the bidding process. Thank you
kinac3
12/7/19
Bothered by the fact that NONE of items arrived on time. Still have some i ordered last month that have not arrived.
maryd755
12/7/19
Everything that I have won and received has been cheap, broken or I ordered the correct size but the item came the size of a doll and not an adult. Other things I have ordered either never arrived or it wasn't what I had won. Once everything has been received that I did win, I will no longer use this site. I am very disappointed and disgusted.
judithb290
12/7/19
I LOVE SHOPPING AT TOPHATTER. THEY HAVE SUCH A GREAT VARIETY OF ITEMS AND AWESOME BARGAINS. THIS IS MY #1 STORE TO SHOP AT...AWESOME SERVICE TOO.
patriciaz50
12/7/19
You sell junk! False advertising! Misrepresentation of items! Takes too long to receive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sheilal88
12/7/19
It would be nice if I received my items quicker. It usually takes 3-4 weeks to receive them. I have purchased several items and was only disappointed with one but I did get credit for it. I do like that some of the items are measured in inches instead of centimeters vs Wish.com
johnw2093
12/7/19
Items received from the individual sellers is misleading in everything that Tophatter site advertises for them
siso1
12/7/19
Tophatter has awesome customer service, unique items, reasonable bidding, and guaranteed delivery. You do have to read the description of each item you bid on. Ive had really bad luck with the smart watches I've bid on but Tophatter has been quick to resolve the issues.
3 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and with the Attorney General, this site is a fraud and needs to be shut down.

By Tracy H.

overseas sellers sell plated 925 or plated gold they say 14k but thats fake too , tophatter does not monitor these sellers thats why so many refunds and cancelled orders , just do not buy from tophatter , waste of time , you tell me where to get 5000 dollar ring for 20 dollars tophatter if it sounds to good to be true then it is. all the people that say its real and everything is great are either first time online buyers or they work as a review panelist for money.

By cameron w.

you should have got a notice on your phone that you won the bid but my best advice to you is don't buy anything from Top Hatter all of it is junk

By jesus g.

Tophatter will screw you over. Shop Amazon or overstock.

By Lauren L.

Good luck! Tophatter rippes off the sellers so they are not going to be very likely to return your money.

By Jessica P.

Justin you are absolutely correct. I find out the hard way. I had my own auction with nice AUTHENTIC designer items and cosmetics (Becca, Cargo, Smahbox, Too Faced, etc). I lost big time. $40 Cargo palette sold for $10; it cost me $15. Items that I started higher to cover my cost never sold. I still had to pay fees for the item being listed. A $200 Calvin Klein purse sold for $20; it cost me $80 wholesale. Run! !!

By L W.

If you end up buying a few items from the same seller they can do a combined shipment but you rarely get the same buyer items since they only let the sellers sell 10 items a day. It is different for the sellers that have their own auctions.

By Barbara C.

Depends on what you are selling. Yes, a lot of items go unsold in the jewelry and accessories categories.....as well as others. Coach and Michael Kors and other designer brands, not much goes unsold, because here's the catch - - you pay fees on the starting bid. TH wants everything to start at $1. So you get punished if you start higher as to not get screwed by a low purchase price. Say you buy a designer bag for $120. If you start that bag at $100, you're already paying over $10 in fees. **IF** you can manage to sell it for a profit, there are still the commission and bank fees. If you start it at $1, you're barely paying any listing fees but it might only sell for $80 (or less!). So, less fees, but you lost your ass on the item. It's messed up. Most sellers have put in their time to see if they can make a profit or to see if TH will change, but they all seem to end up leaving. I'm convinced the only ones who stay to sell there are the counterfeit or crappy quality sellers who are buying items for next to nothing, because that seems to be the only way to make a profit there these days. I would go the ebay route if you're looking to sell.

By papa p.
Helpful answer -2

The T, the same as you and Brenda P are real, so is every other bidder on Tophatter. I'm terribly sorry that you do not feel this way. I am confident when I say: All bidders on Tophatter are real people wishing to win the item. Bidding with false pretenses is an act called shill bidding, it's illegal and not permitted on Tophatter. We provide information on shill bidding and the consequences in our FAQ here: http://tinyurl.com/y9w5qtqx. Thank you! If you have additional concerns about our ethics, please contact our customer support team and we will be happy to help. http://tinyurl.com/j8eo7hu Regards, Felicia

By Felicia C., Tophatter Representative

Yes! Sale of counterfeit items is prohibited. If you are concerned about the authenticity of an item purchased on the platform, you may return it for up to 30 days from delivery. See full details on our return policy here: http://tinyurl.com/h7xokwj.

By Graciela M.
Questions? Get answers from the Tophatter staff and other customers.

Tophatter?