Review of Tophatter

San Francisco, CA 94107, United States
Tel: +1-877-434-2894
help@tophatter.com
Youtube video thumbnail
10 Million Shoppers! Authenticity Guaranteed.
Join Now

artm53
5/21/18

over all dealings are good but responce some times is slow and not helpfull. I have tried to print return lables but they print out over size of a full sheet and can not make it to size needed so stuck with a product is for crap or broke. I have sent notice of it but no reply. Other times when bidding and I am winning time count down ended and just hangs their then comes back 20 - 30 seconds sold to someone else or I make a bid as 2nd call starts and it does not take it or looks like it is and then says so&so winner. thats all that I will bother you with for now. wellcome to a new week hope it's good

Response from Felicia C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Art,

Thank you for writing your review.

I'm sorry to hear our customer support response time didn't meet your expectation. When you contact us through your My Orders or Contact Us page, our support team will reply within 4 hours, and usually much sooner. If you haven't received a response, please check your Spam folder and mark "Not Spam" on any emails from Tophatter that are found there.

In terms of printing the label, sometimes personal printer and software settings can alter the dimensions of the label being printed, resulting in the label being too large or too small. This can be adjusted in your printer settings.

Additionally, it sounds like you may be experiencing some lag when bidding. Please ensure you have the current update installed, all background apps are closed and a strong connection for a smooth auction experience. If the problem persists, contact our dedicated customer support team here: http://tinyurl.com/j8eo7hu. Thank you!
kellyw197
5/21/18

I've gotten some good stuff here but everything take a month to arrive. Everything is from China, That's ok, most of it works good.

I've been waiting on a watch for almost 2 months so 3 stars it is!

Response from Felicia C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Kelly,

bethb142
5/20/18

I'm a little upset that a few of my returns have not populated a return label. Am I liable for the return if it is under a certain price? Very confusing that some have labels and others just say "return in same package."

Response from Felicia C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Beth,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review! We greatly appreciate your support.

Please note that all return request outcomes are automated, and determined by various factors. When a return request is initiated, depending on those factors, some percentage of refunds may be provided without return of the item being required. Some percentage of return requests may be provided with free return shipping labels provided to the buyer. Beyond a threshold, the cost of returning an item with tracking in order to receive a full refund is at the buyer's expense.

When sellers have a high return rate for certain reasons (damage, wrong item, doesn't match description), they receive strong selling penalties for failing to follow our guidelines. Our system detects this and applies the penalty automatically so no further action is required on your part.

craige50
5/20/18

Very nice and fast shipping. Exactly what I wanted and as it was described very happy with the item. Good quality and packaging. Thank you

Response from Felicia C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Craig,

Thank you for your review.

It is fantastic to hear you have been pleased with your shipping and your overall purchases.

We greatly appreciate your continued support and look forward to continuing to provide quality products at bargain prices

dianal108
5/20/18

Tophatter can be fun sometimes but know that the jewelry stamped .925 and advertised as Sterling is cheap plated stuff. There are a few sites on Ebay that sell the same the same jewelry that Tophatter sells but most of those Chinese companies call there jewelry ".925 Silver"....which is still stretching the truth but if you aren't smart enough to know that it isn't Sterling and that is why they aren't saying it is, you get what you pay for. Ebay is a better choice unless you just like the "rush" on an auction where you will pay a lot more. BTW- if you buy on Tophatter and the item comes from China, you may be asked to pay return shipping - NEVER do that if the Seller lied about the item being Sterling.

Tip for consumers: NEVER pay for return shipping if the seller lied about the item!

Response from Felicia C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Diana,

Thank you for your review.

I'm glad to hear that you have fun bidding on Tophatter.

Tophatter is a Marketplace that connects buyers with sellers (https://tophatter.com/terms), and we rely on sellers to provide accurate information about every item; however, if you discover a listing has been misrepresented in any way, we offer excellent Buyer Protection (https://tinyurl.com/yc6sdknh) As part of our quality assurance process, our system detects and applies strong penalties to sellers with higher than average return rate, and individual items exceeding the rate will no longer be scheduled on our platform.

Additionally, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team here http://tinyurl.com/j8eo7hu for any questions.

sme2
5/19/18

I bought upwards of 20+ items... all but about 5 were just junk... Cheap made in China crap... Although I did get refunds on most of the crap, the false descriptions and over priced shipping made this whole experience a headache... Never again, will I buy another item from TOPHATTER, and I have already told friends and social media to stay clear.

Response from Felicia C., Tophatter Representative
Hi SM,

Thank you for your review.

We definitely want all of your experiences to be great, and I'm sorry to hear that hasn't always been the case.

If you have a problem with a purchase or feel you didn't receive what was described, a return request must be opened for each order that was not satisfactory. We have a generous return policy; if for any reason you're not completely satisfied, you can request to return an item for up to 30 days from the date of delivery.
Please see full details on the policy here https://tinyurl.com/yc6sdknh

kristinam99
5/19/18

overall a pretty good site. way better than deal dash...
Read descriptions carefully so you know exactly what you are bidding on and paying for...

Response from Felicia C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Kristina,

Thank you for your review.

I’m thrilled to hear you’re happy with the products on Tophatter. Thank you for shopping on the site we appreciate your support.

Have a wonderful time shopping on Tophatter.

Remember, at Tophatter, you can earn Store Credit by sharing our app with your friends. To learn more about, please go to the following link: https://tinyurl.com/yc8swt28

You can review the status of any referrals you have invited on the "Share & Earn":https://tophatter.com/users/share_and_earn page.

robertm1005
5/19/18

I am waiting on a product from China which has got lost in Chicago it cost 45.00 dollars and you have had my money for two months would which I could use .well not buy anything expensive from here again a 7in android screen

Response from Felicia C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Robert,

Thank you for your review.

We definitely want all of your experiences to be great on Tophatter and I'm sorry to hear shipping doesn't meet your expectations.

dianed156
5/19/18

I used to purchase on DealDash until I found a Tophatter. Instead of waiting for hours sometimes even days to see if I would win something its only 90 seconds. And if you are not happy with an item, they refund you immediately! Its amazing website

Response from Felicia C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Diane,

Thank you for your review.

It is fantastic to hear you have been pleased with your purchases and are having a great time bidding to win on Tophatter.

lauraa162
5/18/18

I have had so much fun shopping with Tophatter. It is even more fun to check the mailbox! I have been overall pleased with all of the products I have received. The few that have not been acceptable I have been able to replace or return. Great fun!

Response from Felicia C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Laura,

We are delighted to have you as a valued member of the community. Thank you for writing your review.

It is wonderful to hear you have a fun time bidding on Tophatter.

chadl68
5/18/18

I have been pleased with majority of items I've purchased. Make sure you're getting a deal and don't spend more than you're willing to lose.

Response from Felicia C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Chad,

davidj472
5/18/18

Ive been so happy with this site and I love the great deals here. You are missing out on all the great items from electronics the jewelry.

Response from Felicia C., Tophatter Representative
Hi David,

Thank you for your review.

It is fantastic to hear you've been pleased with your purchases.

lisan159
5/18/18

It is great but shipping takes way to ,long with some sellers, also sometimes the item pictures are a bit misleading.

Response from Felicia C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Lisa,

In terms of shipping. On Tophatter we have an extended ship time of 30 days domestically and 60 days for all international shipments. If your item is not delivered within this time, please contact us and we'd be happy to help further. See full details here: https://tinyurl.com/ybho8k6y. Thank you!

In terms of misleading items, Tophatter is a Marketplace that connects buyers with sellers (https://tophatter.com/terms), and we rely on sellers to provide accurate information about every item; however, if you discover a listing has been misrepresented in any way, we offer excellent Buyer Protection (https://tophatter.com/topics/Buying/subtopics/Buyer%20Issues/questions/Is%20there%20Buyer%20Protection%3F) As part of our quality assurance process, our system detects and applies strong penalties to sellers with higher than average return rate, and individual items exceeding the rate will no longer be scheduled on our platform.

Kind Regards,
marybethm9
5/18/18

I absolutely love this site! I can try all kinds of new things and so far I have not been disappointed. Shipping is on time, bidding is very easy, and the products are great! I am giving my two daughters care packages filled with fun Tophatter merchandise and I cannot wait until Christmas! You all are great! Thank you thank thank you!

Response from Felicia C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Marybeth,

It is wonderful to hear you have a fun time bidding on Tophatter.

gaylah2
5/18/18

Very fun bidding. Any questions have been answered quickly and efficiently. Good service all around.

Response from Felicia C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Gayla,

Thank you for your review.

It is fantastic to hear you have been pleased with your purchases and to hear our dedicated support team has left an impression.

johnr902
5/18/18

Good quality product. My only hesitation is that the shipping update information is not always accurate. A package I received today Wed (16th)still says it is forecast for Monday (14th)

Response from Felicia C., Tophatter Representative
Hi John,

Thank you for your review.

I'm pleased to hear you're happy with the quality of the products you've ordered.

mikew436
5/18/18

As with anything you buy sight unseen, there are great deals and no so great deals. Watch what you bid on and there are some really good deals out there.

Response from Felicia C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Mike,

Thank you for your review.

I’m elated to hear you’re having a great time shopping on Tophatter. We look forward to continuing to provide a fun auction platform with a variety of quality items.

cherit14
5/18/18

I have been pleased with most of my purchases. I enjoy the site and the quick buy time. I like how the bidding goes pretty fast. I did receive a ring where two very little side stones fell out the first day I wore it. The mermaid ring I ordered for my daughter was "huge" it looked petite in the picture. But I enjoy the site very much

Response from Felicia C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Cheri,

Thank you for your review.

I'm sorry to hear you had a ring with a stone that fell out. We have a generous return policy; if for any reason you're not completely satisfied, you can request to return an item for up to 30 days from the date of delivery. Please reach out to our dedicated customer support team for help here http://tinyurl.com/j8eo7hu

kathyb269
5/18/18

Love this sight bidding goes quickly, and then it's yours. Products are great, fit like they are supposed to.

Response from Felicia C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Kathy,

marianelao
5/18/18

Im satisfied worh items , timely delivery, only had one i cident whete item order wasn't what i received.

Response from Felicia C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Marianela,

Thank you for your review.

I'm happy to hear you're happy with your items, as we as shipping time.

I'm sorry to hear you received an order that wasn't as described. If you have a problem with a purchase or feel you didn't receive what was described, a return request must be opened for each order that was not satisfactory. Please reach out to our dedicated support team for help here http://tinyurl.com/j8eo7hu

fortunac
5/18/18

Tophatter is fun and you can get some quality items for great prices. Shipping is usually quick depending from where its shipping from but well worth the wait when it's not as quick. Thank you Tophatter for making buying fun.

Response from Felicia C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Fortuna,

gustavoa22
5/18/18

A few items had been different than I expected, but when I had a concern or problem, their customer service has been incredibly effective and efficient. If you really know what you are getting, this is a great site.

Response from Felicia C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Gustavo,

I’m glad to hear that our dedicated support team left an impression. We look forward to continuing to provide first class service and quality products at competitive pricing.

patf77
5/17/18

I have had some issues with products not. Being as described and tophatter has been great and very understanding.

thomasn85
5/17/18

Too long to receive from China and no instructions with product no way to contact suppliers contact this is not right for buyers to have little h

rutht54
5/17/18

Haven't had any problems with this site. However, I have had problems with me, finding time to review each item I purchase, LOL.

2 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

you should have got a notice on your phone that you won the bid but my best advice to you is don't buy anything from Top Hatter all of it is junk

By jesus g.

Delete the app and shop somewhere else.

By Amber T.

It's costume jewelry unless other wise stated

By Jasmine G.

Tophatter will screw you over. Shop Amazon or overstock.

By Lauren L.

Good luck! Tophatter rippes off the sellers so they are not going to be very likely to return your money.

By Jessica P.
Helpful answer -1

The T, the same as you and Brenda P are real, so is every other bidder on Tophatter. I'm terribly sorry that you do not feel this way. I am confident when I say: All bidders on Tophatter are real people wishing to win the item. Bidding with false pretenses is an act called shill bidding, it's illegal and not permitted on Tophatter. We provide information on shill bidding and the consequences in our FAQ here: http://tinyurl.com/y9w5qtqx. Thank you! If you have additional concerns about our ethics, please contact our customer support team and we will be happy to help. http://tinyurl.com/j8eo7hu Regards, Felicia

By Felicia C., Tophatter Representative

All mine were new.

By Margie m.

If you end up buying a few items from the same seller they can do a combined shipment but you rarely get the same buyer items since they only let the sellers sell 10 items a day. It is different for the sellers that have their own auctions.

By Barbara C.

Depends on what you are selling. Yes, a lot of items go unsold in the jewelry and accessories categories.....as well as others. Coach and Michael Kors and other designer brands, not much goes unsold, because here's the catch - - you pay fees on the starting bid. TH wants everything to start at $1. So you get punished if you start higher as to not get screwed by a low purchase price. Say you buy a designer bag for $120. If you start that bag at $100, you're already paying over $10 in fees. **IF** you can manage to sell it for a profit, there are still the commission and bank fees. If you start it at $1, you're barely paying any listing fees but it might only sell for $80 (or less!). So, less fees, but you lost your ass on the item. It's messed up. Most sellers have put in their time to see if they can make a profit or to see if TH will change, but they all seem to end up leaving. I'm convinced the only ones who stay to sell there are the counterfeit or crappy quality sellers who are buying items for next to nothing, because that seems to be the only way to make a profit there these days. I would go the ebay route if you're looking to sell.

By papa p.

Good luck with this one. This is wishful thinking. :-) I had only 2 neutral feedback among a big sea of positives. I paid my bill on time, but they want more money and more money until we walk away paying them more than we make. They don't want honesty and good sellers, they want money. They don't want anyone there that will question their integrity and too many of us did that. I say we're better off without them.

By Angie P.
Questions? Get answers from the Tophatter staff and other customers.

35 Photos for Tophatter