Tophatter

Tophatter has a consumer rating of 3.98 stars from 6,952 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Tophatter also ranks 1st among Auction sites.

This company responds to reviews, but usually not within the first month

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 64.8%
Special offer from Tophatter
10 Million Shoppers! Authenticity Guaranteed.
Join Now Gain trust and grow your business with customer reviews

• The merchandise is always of great quality., Love shopping on this site.
  • It's a really fun bidding site, and the items can cost way more on other sites.

• I would love it if they would step up to the plate and show some sort of customer service, and make it right...
  • Ok so out of over 50 items the only items that were OK was 2 rings.
How would you rate Tophatter?

“Good times, Good prices, Excellent services”

Carla R.
2/15/20

TopHatters is a excellent place of value for your money. They offer a wide variety of products. These people go that extra mile to make sure their customers are taken care of. And yes, there are some things that u may be dismayed with, But b responsible about what u bid on. Read the reviews. My self, I definitely LOVE this site. And never been dismayed with product or customer service team.

“Refused a refund”

Heather H.
4/13/20

I ordered what was suppose to be a women's medium sized nine jacket, I received a child's large Nike jacket. The jacket would not even come close to fitting my daughter who wears a small. I requested a return and was denied. You can't falsely list the size of your items. I should be given a refund because had I known the jacket was actually a Child's size I wouldn't have bought it. The seller duped me and now Mercari won't refund me my money.

Reviews (6,952)

customer service (375) items (2494) love shopping (66) fun bidding (65) christmas shopping (63) post office (58) auction site (90) customer support (56) 5 stars (52) credit card (57) return policy (47) great prices (130)
carlar100
February 15th, 2020
Hi Carla,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate your support and kind words!

It's fantastic to hear that you are pleased with the item variety, quality, and service. You are priority number one, and I'm thrilled to know we delivered the superior experience you deserve.

If you have a question or a concern, customer support agents are available to help via email by signing into your Tophatter account and going here: https://tophatter.com/support/contact?topic=Buying or by sending us a direct email to help@tophatter.com.

micheller609
February 12th, 2020
I have purchased many items on Tophatter with very little issue. One item arrived damaged and within minutes of notifying customer service, I was not only refunded my money but also given a credit for the trouble. Also, once I accidentally bid on an item and won. I cancelled the order without any incident at all. Some items are a bit smaller than they appear, but most everything I have purchased I have used and love!
Hi Michelle,

Thank you for sharing your experience!

You are priority number one, and it's wonderful to know our dedicated team of customer support agents made sure to deliver the superior experience you deserve.

If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, you can request to return an item for up to 30 days from the date of delivery. We process a full refund of the original price paid upon return of the item in its original condition. To request a return, visit My Orders, click the article, then click Return Item. Please refer to our FAQ How do I request a return? Here: https://help.en.tophatter.com/article/65-return

marcd128
January 18th, 2020
Verified purchase
I do like tophatter. I have won approx 10 items In the first few months. I should probably give them 5 stars but just couldnt get myself to do it. It's not tophatter's fault but 3 items took a fair amount longer to get then estimated and i needed to return the largest item i bought. As i said not tophatter fault for slow shippers or in the 1 case a seller completely and outright lying about the product but it did detract a little from my overall enjoyment so i had to give it 4*
Hi Marc,

We are delighted to have you as a valued member of the community. Thank you for writing your review.

I surely understand wanting what you paid for to arrive as soon as possible. Please know that your voice is heard and we are working to improve your experience in terms of shipping times.

After you've purchased, you can click on any item from your My Orders page then click *Where's My Item?* to find the current status and timeline.

On Tophatter we have an extended ship time of 30 days domestically and 60 days for all international shipments. If the time-frame passes and you still haven’t received your item please contact our dedicated customer support team by visiting My Orders, clicking the item, clicking Order FAQs, then clicking Contact Support and completing the form detailing the issue. We will be happy to help. If it’s more convenient for you, you can also contact our support team here: http://tinyurl.com/j8eo7hu

garyg566
June 30th, 2020
Verified purchase
Since joining tophatter I have really enjoyed the opportunity to bid on these wonderful items that they have to offer...! The only problem is not having multiple buttons to pick every item that is offered...! Lol it is a remarkable site to be on and each individual person that are selling their items give you their best advice on the items which makes everything really nice.! Thanks tophatter great job
Hi Gary,

We would just like to say thank you for being a part of our family. We are very grateful for your continued business because we wouldn’t be here without loyal shoppers like you. You could have chosen any other business, but we appreciate that you have stuck with us. Thank you, again, and have a great day!

heatherh547
April 13th, 2020
lindam1591
April 1st, 2020
I've been dealing with Tophatter for several years now and have yet to experience a problem with it. 98% of their products are exactly as advertised. And if you should have a problem with the other 2%, Tophatter insures to make it right. I purchase solely for myself and not for resale. Many times I will price check items on Google, Amazon, etc. to make certain my choices are good ones. So far I've been very happy. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for an auction where the bidding starts low and the pricing doesn't get out of hand.

Tip for consumers: If you find an item and the bid is higher than you're willing to go, be patient. There's a heart in the left hand corner of every item. If you find something you like.Hit that heart.Then when the heart comes up again you'll be made aware. Let's say you're in Home and Hobbies and what you've been bidding on has gone up too high for you..go to the top of the page and hit Home and Hobbies.More than likely that item you were bidding on, the one with the red heart, will pop up again and let you know

Hi Linda,

Thank you so much for your thorough, kind review and recommendation. We appreciate your support.

We are very grateful for your continued business because we wouldn’t be here without loyal shoppers like you. You could have chosen any other company, but we appreciate that you have stuck with us. Thank you again, and have a great day!

carolynm747
August 5th, 2020
Verified purchase
For me, bidding on jewelry at the Tophatter website, is oddly satisfying. It fulfills my fantasy. I can shop like I'm a millionairess and buy buy buy. Not to mention, about 90% of items I have gotten I sincerely like. I even order for my grand daughter. I like to surprise her and the look in her eyes is the best feeling in the world. YOU made this possible Tophatter. Thank you sincerely, carolyn.
Hi Carolyn,

Thank you so much your review has truly made our day.

It is always our goal for the community to have a positive experience. It's so nice to hear you find items for your those you love, that they love! We appreciate your support.

katyd27
May 5th, 2020
Verified purchase
I found Tophatter by accident and have had great fun. There is a large variety of products available. Learned the hard way to read the product descriptions, as pictures do not necessarily reflect what is being sold. Most products are from China, so clothes and shoe sizes are way off. Plus sizes no way near true to size. Like jewelry and jewelry making supplies and tools. Lots of interesting electronics. But read, read, read before bidding.
Hi Katy,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate your support.
Here is a size chart to help https://tinyurl.com/y3qu7qpx

We hope every shopper will be delighted with every purchase, but understand that not everything can be perfect. If for any reason you’re not completely satisfied, you can request to return an item for up to 30 days from the date of delivery. A full refund of the original price paid will be processed upon return of the item in its original condition. To request a return, visit My Orders, click the item, then click Return Item. Please refer to our FAQ How do I request a return? Here: https://help.en.tophatter.com/article/65-return

Shoppers also have the option to rate their delivered items. Rating items is important because 1.) other buyers will be able to review the average rating on products before they bid, and 2.) items rated consistently low will automatically stop being scheduled on the platform. For these reasons we encourage you to rate the products you have purchased, although doing so is not required.

tonic118
June 12th, 2020
I ordered 16 Paw Patrol Backpacks, to give to my students at the end of the school year. Planned to put books and reading material in them for summer from. Received only 12,6 of those were the wrong characters. I was offered NO REFUND n told to send back the backpacks to China individually, even though the Seller mailed all 12 together. Gee, that seems fair. Finally went to the Attorney General's Office and filed a report and also the BBB. Worst website I've ever seen. Horrible customer service and Nikola, one of their reps is dumber than a box of rocks and BEYOND RUDE. I'm done with Tophatter.
Hi Toni,

Thank you for your review. I'm very sorry that you received the incorrect items. I know how frustrating and disappointing that is.

Please request to return an item for up to 30 days from the date of delivery. A full refund of the original price paid will be processed upon return of the item in its original condition. To request a return, visit My Orders, click the item, then click Return Item. Please refer to our FAQ How do I request a return? Here: https://help.en.tophatter.com/article/65-return

Shoppers also have the option to rate their delivered items. Rating items is vital because 1.) other buyers will be able to review the average rating on products before they bid, and 2.) items rated consistently low will automatically stop being scheduled on the platform. For these reasons, we encourage you to evaluate the products you have purchased, although doing so is not required.

jeffh924
August 11th, 2020
Verified purchase
I like this web site as well as WISH. This one allows you to bid on an item or save as a reminder to do so later or buy it out right. That being said, it is hard to win a bid because some items are bid by people to get the money up higher. There isn't a way to keep tract of your bid and continue to look at other items at the same time. As for prices, they are fair and as far as the quality of the products, buyer beware. Read the description and not so much the picture.
jessej104
June 16th, 2020
Verified purchase
I really like Top Hatter, you find the items you need, wish for and past items needs that might have slipped memory. Top Hatter is fun and competitive, putting bitters against each other in a auction format.
Pros: Very fun at the 5 Star Level.
Cons: 3 regarding shipping on some items which falls on the seller not Top Hatter!
Hi Jesse,

Thank you for your review. I'm happy to hear you enjoy shopping on Tophatter. We appreciate your support.

marthaw213
August 11th, 2020
Verified purchase
I have gotten many things and just love being able to bid on items! It's such a rush to grab an item much cheaper than you would pay anywhere else! Some of the shipping is really fast and some not fast at all. Most items in great shape and work very well.
donnat908
May 5th, 2020
Verified purchase
I have been a customer of tophatter for several months now. I've been quite pleased with my purchases.The last few weeks something has gone wrong.As of today, May 5th, I have 19 orders that are past their delivery date. I would like to have the stuff I ordered, not a credit. Please check into this because I am worried about ordering anything else till something is done. Thank You,
Hi Donna,

We are delighted to have you as a valued member of the community.

We are working to improve your experience in terms of shipping time.

Due to the ongoing pandemic (Covid-19) many shipping carriers have been delayed. Because of this we are providing exceptions to our buyer protection and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Please review our temporary FAQ for more details: https://help.en.tophatter.com/article/557-are-shipping-delays-expected

The tracking status can be viewed on the My Orders page, under the Settings menu in your Tophatter account. On the My Orders page click the item, then click ‘Where’s my item?’. For detailed information and instructions regarding our shipping process, check out our self-help FAQ here: https://help.en.tophatter.com/article/36-what-if-i-havent-received-my-order

aprilg135
June 2nd, 2020
Verified purchase
Most products come on time, but the ones that don't Tophatter will refund you. So it's a win win.
Hi April,

Thank you for your review. It's great to hear that you are pleased with most of your purchases. We hope every shopper will be delighted with every purchase, but understand that not everything can be perfect. If for any reason you’re not completely satisfied, please request to return an item for up to 30 days from the date of delivery. A full refund of the original price paid will be processed upon return of the item in its original condition. To request a return, visit My Orders, click the item, then click Return Item. Please refer to our FAQ How do I request a return? Here: https://help.en.tophatter.com/article/65-return

tracyc315
February 15th, 2020
I think the only part I really am dissatisfied with is the shipping aspect. They do a lousy job of packing and shipping the product in a timely and organized manner. But, other than that, all is good, considering the merchandise does come from across the country. (Besides, the ". 925" sterling silver is not real sterling). Don't buy rings if you don't want green fingers.
Hi Tracy,

Your voice is paramount, and we are working to improve shipping times. Check out our FAQ What If I haven’t received my order here: https://help.en.tophatter.com/article/36-what-if-i-havent-received-my-order

Items on Tophatter have an estimated delivery time. We ask that you please allow up to 60 days for delivery of each order. However, most items arrive much earlier.

After you've purchased, you can click on any item from your My Orders page then click Where's My Item? To find the current status and timeline. You are covered by Buyer Protection https://tinyurl.com/yy6m335d against non-delivery if tracking does not update to show delivered to the address you provided at the time of payment.

lizm516
July 15th, 2020
Verified purchase
Tophatter is a lot of fun. Some items are really great and and others not so much, but for the price it's worth the risk. Even when something doesn't work out, their customer service has been very responsive and will happily return and/or refund anything.
pattyi9
January 20th, 2020
I stumbled across Tophatter on Facebook saw something I was interested in downloaded their app and now I'm hooked by all the different products up for bid and the great deals I received
Hi Patty,

Thank you for giving us a perfect rating. I'm thrilled to hear you love your ring, it's stunning.

Remember, at Tophatter, you can earn Store Credit by sharing our app with your friends. To learn more please go to the following link: https://tinyurl.com/yxagllj26

aprilc205
July 21st, 2020
Verified purchase
This is a fantastic place to shop. They are fair and are very quick at taking care of any problems that may arise. I have bid and won the bid on over 200 items. I'm very happy with this on-line site. My credit card security is safe. I have ordered from this place since 2015.

SIMPLY AWESOME SITE
heidih422
April 28th, 2020
Verified purchase
Alot of items i bid on were later refunded, but no reason given why. The refunds would go to tophatter credit instead of getting refunded to your card. Yet the items would be still available for other customers to bid on. Some items are often stunning and beautiful. Other items are cheaply made or too small. It's a luck of the draw. Customer Service is quick to respond and will make things right. Overall I had more good experiences then bad ones.
Hi Heidi,

Thank you for your review.

I'm terribly sorry to hear the seller failed to honor your sale. This is definitely against Tophatter seller guidelines. When a buyer is refunded without prior consent the seller is automatically penalized, so this won't go unnoticed.

We hope every shopper will be delighted with every purchase and do our best to ensure that happens, but we understand that not everything can be perfect. If for any reason you’re not completely satisfied, you can request to return an item for up to 30 days from the date of delivery. A full refund of the original price paid will be processed upon return of the item in its original condition. To request a return, visit My Orders, click the item, then click Return Item. Please refer to our FAQ How do I request a return? Here: https://help.en.tophatter.com/article/65-return

If further assistance is required our customer support agents are available and ready to help via email by signing into your Tophatter account and going here: https://tophatter.com/support/contact?topic=Buying or by sending us a direct email to help@tophatter.com.

stanw66
April 1st, 2020
I recently purchased Gucci Rush perfume from them and they were amazing shipping was extremely fast, I don't know why my account put a bad review saying the perfume was fake it is not my daughter checked the batch number on Gucci site and it's real so please disregard that review they are amazing they got her perfume there before her birthday and it's amazing perfume thank u
Hi Stan,

Thank you for the marvelous review!

I'm thrilled to hear you loved the Gucci Rush perfume from MN Watches!

Unfortunately, once a rating is issued, we have no way of modifying. I have no access to your account from a social platform to see what might have taken place.

amandas669
January 11th, 2020
I always shop early for Christmas, a few things I bought were presents.
I bought a I-pad that doesn't work as advertised, it won't turn on right. The battery won't stay charged, when I do get it on, its in Chinese. I understand no returns after 30 days, when just ordering everyday. How can you shop Christmas, and not get refunds
Hi Amanda,

Thank you for sharing your experience.

We do our best to ensure every purchase is great. If for any reason you’re not completely satisfied, you can request to return an item for up to 30 days from the date of delivery. A full refund of the original price paid will be processed upon return of the item in its original condition. To request a return, visit My Orders, click the item, then click Return Item.

mollies19
January 11th, 2020
Verified purchase
One of the items I ordered should never have been sold as boots, they are baby booties for adults. Don't want to spend the money to ship back, lesson learned. I have a lot of things that were supposed to have been delivered but have not been. Not ordering anything else because I'm not sure how many I will actually receive. Very disappointing waiting past the delivery date.
Hi Mollie,

Thank you for your review.

Tophatter is a Marketplace that connects buyers with sellers (https://tophatter.com/terms). Because we aren't in physical possession of the seller’s items we rely on the sellers to accurately describe all items and do our best to ensure every purchase is great.

If you discover a listing has been misrepresented in any way, we offer excellent Buyer Protection https://tinyurl.com/yy6m335d As part of our quality assurance process, our system detects and applies strong penalties and fines to sellers with higher than average return rate, and individual items exceeding the rate will no longer be scheduled on our platform.

larah43
March 25th, 2020
Tophatter is the best auction site ever. I'm on it on all of my down time. Your merchandise gets to you in a timely manner. Thank you so much tophatter!
Hi Lara,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad that we are delivering the experience you deserve. We appreciate your support.

peggyv43
June 23rd, 2020
Verified purchase
It is so much fun playing the bids lol

The only thing takes some time to get items but i understand some are out of country.

The second complaint is i signed up for free stuff site and was to get 3.00 credit and did not this was an offer on the Tophatter site

Christmas shopping is fun this way lol thank you
Hi Peggy,

Thank you for the review! I'm happy to hear you have fun shopping on Tophatter! We appreciate your support.

richardj577
June 12th, 2020
Verified purchase
Still unsure about site. Product info is very little with no seller info or a way to dispute the sell. My last experience has been OK. But its a long wait time for deliveries and hard to track.
Hi Richard,

Thank you for sharing your experience.

To review an item, click the picture to view the full description. Here you will see all the details the seller has provided including condition, material, shipping cost, and available colors and/or sizes where applicable. If an item description is missing information, please report this listing by using "report this item."

Angelique

I filed complaints with BBB, Tophatter hasn't responded. But just don't shop there... Seller hasn't responded either...

By elaine d.
See more answers (26)

You have to read the descriptions. It will tell you if it's real or plated.

By crystal h.
See more answers (27)

Do not deal with this company,,, all jewelery is crap n cheap

By Rowena W.
See more answers (16)

Tophatter will screw you over. Shop Amazon or overstock.

By Lauren L.
See more answers (13)

Good luck! Tophatter rippes off the sellers so they are not going to be very likely to return your money.

By Jessica P.
See more answers (11)

Justin you are absolutely correct. I find out the hard way. I had my own auction with nice AUTHENTIC designer items and cosmetics (Becca, Cargo, Smahbox, Too Faced, etc). I lost big time. $40 Cargo palette sold for $10; it cost me $15. Items that I started higher to cover my cost never sold. I still had to pay fees for the item being listed. A $200 Calvin Klein purse sold for $20; it cost me $80 wholesale. Run!

By L W.