Review of Tophatter

San Francisco, CA 94107, United States
Tel: +1-877-434-2894
help@tophatter.com
Youtube video thumbnail
10 Million Shoppers! Authenticity Guaranteed.
Join Now

kevinm762
2/17/19

I HAVE ORDERED 12 ITEMS FROM THIS CROWD AND HAVE ONLY RECEIVED 7, SO IF YOU ARE BUYING DO NOT EXPECT TO RECEIVE EVERY ITEM, THE ONES THAT DO ARRIVE WILL TAKE AN AVERAGE OF 6/7 WEEKS.

frankj126
2/6/19

I've purchased well over 20 items. 90% Chinese knockoffs or copies. Very few items are worth anything. So many people over bid for junk it's fraudulent. Most take a month or better just to receive. Please read the reviews before bidding. Most people are leaving reviews before even getting items or even trying items. I did get a refund from them for something I bought that was a total fake. Most items pics are listed are fakes and you don't get what's pictured. Don't ever bid over $20. Most things worth 2-$5 at the most. Just gotta trust me or pay the consequences when you don't lol. Stick to Ebay or Amazon. These sites gotta stop letting China get away with knocking off everyone's products. They're thieves. Hopefully Trump can stop this ripoff of intellectual property rights.

Look at pic of purses posted as look what you actually get. This is same issue with everything I ordered. This purses only use is for little girls to play with.

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Frank,

Thank you for your review. We want you to be pleased with all of your purchases on Tophatter and I'm sorry that hasn't been the case.

Sellers on Tophatter come from around the world: US, UK, China Ireland, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, South Africa, Mexico, Spain, Austria, Germany, France and more. We value all sellers who strive for excellence.

Tophatter is a Marketplace that connects buyers with sellers (https://tophatter.com/terms), and we rely on sellers to provide accurate information about every item; however, if you discover a listing has been misrepresented in any way, we offer excellent Buyer Protection (https://tophatter.com/topics/Buying/subtopics/Buyer%20Issues/questions/Is%20there%20Buyer%20Protection%3F) As part of our quality assurance process, our system detects and applies strong penalties to sellers with higher than average return rate, and individual items exceeding the rate will no longer be scheduled on our platform.

I completely understand the disappointment that comes along with not receiving the item you expected, I too would be frustrated and disappointed had I not received what I expected. A refund was issued for Order #: 79690180 without the need to return the item. I hope that helped.

For any problematic items, please contact our dedicated support team here http://tinyurl.com/j8eo7hu for help getting the issue resolved.

Shoppers also have the option to rate their delivered items. Rating items is important because 1.) other buyers will be able to review the average rating on products before they bid, and 2.) items rated consistently low will automatically stop being scheduled on the platform. For these reasons we encourage you to rate the products you have purchased, although doing so is not required.

As a thank you for being a valued shopper I would like you to be able to purchase an item with Tophatter's help. I have issued a $5.00 store credit to your account. This credit will automatically apply to your next purchase of $6.00 or more and expires in 2 weeks. I hope you find an item that you love!

terrim161
2/6/19

It's never boring and such a thrill to win! Most of the things I have bought have been good quality just need to pay attention and not get to excited. But, I love Tophatter!

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Terri,

Thank you for your review and for choosing Tophatter. I’m happy that you enjoyed your shopping experience.
Remember, at Tophatter, you can earn Store Credit by sharing our app with your friends. To learn more please go to the following link: https://tinyurl.com/yc8swt28

srj1
1/30/19

Do not bid on these items nothing but JUNK from China. Waste of money. I REALLY WOULD LIKE TO ENTER ZERO STARS.

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Sr. J,

Thank you for your review.

I'm sorry that you weren't able to find great deals while shopping with us. I hope you'll continue to check out the items on Tophatter as we bring in exciting new supply over the coming months.

Please know, we have a generous return policy; if for any reason you're not completely satisfied, you can request to return an item for up to 30 days from the date of delivery. See full details here https://tinyurl.com/yd75uc6e

songk
1/27/19

My first and last experience with Tophatter. Bid for the iMac and won but I realized afterwards, I could get a cheaper and better iMac from Amazon. Delivery was extremely slow/late, and it was delivered damaged. They offered a special deal during checking out so I got a 2nd iMac but when I needed to return it due to damaged iMac, I had to pay for my own postage. No exchange, no replacement, no service whatsoever except return policy so bid at your own risk.

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Song,

Thank you for your review.

I'm very sorry to hear you received a damage item. I know how frustrating and disappointing that must be.
I reviewed Order #: 79618930 and I see that we offered a refund upon return with the seller paying for return shipping. I also see we issued a $10 credit for reimbursement of some return shipping costs for order # 79618930 because the label we sent expired.

A shipping label was sent to you via email. You have 7 days from the date the request to return was opened to send the item back before the shipping label expires. Once the label expires the item must be sent back at the cost of the shopper. Any item can be returned up to 30 days from the date of delivery.

Tophatter will always process refunds for buyers upon receiving a valid tracking number from them indicating that the order has been returned to the seller. Tophatter offers Buyer Protection in the form of a 30-day Easy Return policy that will either: 1.) refund the buyer without return needed, 2.) provide the buyer with a prepaid return label, or 3.) present the buyer with the seller's address to return the item, paying for their own return postage with valid tracking number. I hope this helps clarify our policy on returns. You can read here to learn more: https://tinyurl.com/yd75uc6e

Because we are not the seller of the item, unfortunately, we don't support the replacement of items, partial shipment of missing or damaged parts, or return of items for exchange at this time.

Please do know your voice is heard, I personally sent an email to the manager about the ability to offer exchanges/replacements. Because we aren't the seller of the item and don't have access to the seller's inventory I'm not sure of the challenges that might come with this, but please do know the request to allow this in the future has been submitted.

cathyk85
1/24/19

I love doing business with Tophatter, they are SO good to do business with. 5 Stars! They are super about returns, they want you to be completely satisfied.

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Cathy,

Thanks a bunch! We appreciate your kind review. I’m pleased to hear you love shopping on Tophatter.

Remember, at Tophatter, you can earn Store Credit by sharing our app with your friends. To learn more about, please go to the following link: https://tinyurl.com/yc8swt28

You can review the status of any referrals you have invited on the "Share & Earn":https://tophatter.com/users/share_and_earn page.

We truly are delighted to have you as a valued member of the community.

Happy Bidding,
edwardp133
1/24/19

Great site. I broke my phone. Got new phone and a lot of my orders were missing from my web account. I reported this to Tophatter and they got all orders back in and running so I could see them. I enjoy Tophatter.

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Edward,

I’m glad to hear that our dedicated support team left an impression. We look forward to continuing to provide first class service and quality products at competitive pricing.

Have a wonderful time shopping on Tophatter and be sure to check out the deals page here https://tophatter.com/catalogs/deals

tammym246
1/24/19

I need yall to refund the things I have not recieved. I've wrote contacted. So please contact me. I have told you the stuff I have not recived

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Tammy,

Thank you for your review.

We offer Buyer Protection (https://tinyurl.com/yc6sdknh) which guarantees items are shipped with valid tracking and delivered to the address provided or a full refund will be processed. Please contact our customer support team so that we can get this taken care of for you.

When you contact us through your My Orders or Contact Us page, our support team will reply within 2 hours, and usually much sooner. If you haven't received a response, please check your Spam folder and mark "Not Spam" on any emails from Tophatter that are found there.

dellah18
1/22/19

I love every thing that I have got it isn't to big or to little it was just right I thank you tophatter.

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Della,

Thank you for your review. It is fantastic to hear you enjoy your purchases. Have a wonderful time shopping and remember, at Tophatter, you can earn Store Credit by sharing our app with your friends. To learn more please go to the following link: https://tinyurl.com/yc8swt28

Happy bidding!
thomasm732
1/20/19

Thumbs up...I just keep coming back for more great stuff and I'll keep coming back for more...yeah baby.

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Thomas,

johns3554
1/19/19

I would never hesitate to use Tophatter. I enjoy needing some little thing. Tophatter usually has what I want and/or need. Unlike some negative posts about Tophatter shipping, I am amazed at how quickly and well-packed the parcels are. I have never had an issue with Tophatter, that was not satisfactorily adjusted.

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi John,

Thank you for sharing your experience, much appreciated.

I'm glad to hear you've been pleased with the shipping times and packaging has met your expectations.

jerrys302
1/19/19

It's a really cool app with products that you can get for very low prices. I like how the auctions are really short and fast.

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Jerry,

bonnieb217
1/19/19

Stuff is cheaply priced. Variety is good. Most everything comes from China . A lot of the stuff is junk.

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Bonnie,

Thank you for your review.

I'm glad to hear you are pleased with the bargain pricing and variety of item.

We hope every shopper will be delighted with every purchase, but understand that not everything can be perfect. If for any reason you’re not completely satisfied, you can request to return an item for up to 30 days from the date of delivery. A full refund of the original price paid will be processed upon return of the item in its original condition. To request a return, visit My Orders, click the item, then click Return Item.

pisseda3
1/17/19

Tried to get back in to check bids and was informed my password was wrong so I attempted to inform them tp send me a new one via my email. They have not as of over a month ago and I have made attempts daily for them to send me one. They also have a phone # 1 888-502-5501 which is useless. You cannot leave any message or get any assistance except :GOODBYE." They have the worst ever program for helping customers ever. So U guess I;ll just have to find another auction site with more customer influence, rusty2old@aol.com in case some individual from tophatter may be screening in here as they could care less other than the possibility of this site

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your experience.

I'm very sorry to hear you experienced an issue with getting your password reset, I would definitely be frustrated. I have sent you a private message asking for more information. The information I requested will allow me to do all I can to get this issue resolved.

sandraf145
1/17/19

I have been purchasing from them for awhile and have gotten excellent service, products, and prices.
You need to check descriptions carefully before you bid or purchase and you will have a very pleasant experience.
I definitely recommend this retailer

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Sandra,

Thank you for your review.

I'm pleased to hear you've been happy with the service, products and pricing on Tophatter. We look forward to continuing to provide a variety of quality products at bargain pricing.

mikei49
1/7/19

Tophatter staff, great bunch of people. Provides great customer service. Never had a problem not solved.

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Mike,

We are delighted to have you as a valued member of the community. Thank you for writing your review.

garrettf17
1/6/19

My purchase is being blocked on a technicality: old vs new zip code. My bank knows about my zip code change. I've been using this card on other online purchases. I have informed customer service and have been getting the zip code run around, even after informing them of the new zip code and the bank zip code change.

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Garrett,

Thank you for your review.

I'm sorry to hear you've ran into issues with payments due to a zip code error.

You shipping address and billing address must match the billing address the bank has in order for payment to go through.

If you need to update your card, to remove a credit card on file please follow these steps:

Click the menu button, then Account Info, then "Manage payment methods":https://tophatter.com/users/credit_cards

Click the "X" next to the card you want to remove on the web, or tap "Edit" and tap the card, then swipe left and click "Delete" on the app.

The next time you pay for an item you'll have the option to enter new card information, and that card will be saved so you can use it again. Or if you're using the app, you can Add Credit Card from the same page for later use.

To manage and edit your existing shipping addresses on file:

Visit "Account Info":https://tophatter.com/users/profile
Click Manage Addresses
Edit or Delete an existing address or click Add Mailing Address to add a new address

It is extremely important to be sure the shipping address is entered correctly at the time of payment.

tonib122
12/31/18

Terrible junk and terrible shipping. DO NOT SHOP HERE! Better off shopping at the dollar store for what they act like is the real mccoy.

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Toni,

Thank you for sharing your experience.

We have a generous return policy; if for any reason you're not completely satisfied, you can request to return an item for up to 30 days from the date of delivery. You can see full details on the return policy here https://tinyurl.com/yd75uc6e

For any problematic items, you can quickly contact our customer support team by visiting My Orders, clicking the item, clicking Order FAQs, then clicking Contact Support and completing the form detailing the issue. We will be happy to help. If it’s more convenient for you, you can also contact our support team here: http://tinyurl.com/j8eo7hu

On Tophatter we have an extended ship time of 30 days domestically and 60 days for all international shipments.

I definitely understand wanting what you paid for to arrive as soon as possible.Your voice is heard and we are working to improve your experience in terms of shipping times.

We are working towards improving in terms of getting items to you expeditiously. After you've purchased, you can click on any item from your My Orders page then click *Where's My Item?* to find the current status and timeline.

Please know you are covered by Buyer Protection http://tinyurl.com/j8eo7hu against non-delivery if tracking does not update to show delivered to the address you provided at the time of payment.

keithw220
12/28/18

This is a great site to bid on items you want and get them for low prices you need to be selective in what you purchase on their site.

Response from Felicia C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Keith,

Thank you for the kind review. We’re happy your experience went smoothly and appreciate you being a key member of the community!

Happy bidding!
nancys559
12/28/18

I have purchased probable 20 pieces of jewelry from Tophatter and am very pleased with both the quality and the price. The pieces are very nice and while they may not look good in 20 years I don't care! The gold plated pieces are very nice and the gem stones that are genuine or lab created look fabulous. They offer sterling also. I am able to purchase nice pieces of jewelry that otherwise I could not afford. I highly recommend Tophatter to anyone looking for a great buy at a low price.

Response from Felicia C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Nancy,

Thank you for your review.

It is fantastic to hear you have been pleased with your purchases and are having a great time bidding to win on Tophatter.

We greatly appreciate your continued support and look forward to continuing to provide quality products at bargain prices

kareng403
12/28/18

Most items have been great. Fast shipping. Some great prices. So far I have been pleased. Only two items have not been what was advertised

Response from Felicia C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Karen,

Thank you for your review!

I’m pleased to hear you’re happy with the bargain prices and having fun bidding on Tophatter. We appreciate you shopping on Tophatter and look forward to continuing to provide a variety of quality products at bargain pricing.

lindab1077
12/28/18

I've gotten several things on Tophatter. All have been what was describe to be. Beautiful jewelry! so many good things to bid on.

Response from Felicia C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Linda,

courtneyp75
12/28/18

Everything I ordered has been great so far, delivered in a timely fashion. There product makes for great gifts as well as keepsakes.

Response from Felicia C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Courtney,

donnad466
12/27/18

You have to watch shipping charges as you can buy the same shoes in a local store for less. I got several things that do not work and can not be fixed. It costs more to return than to buy. Most of the things you think you are getting what the picture shows but to find out that some are not. Like the shoulder pad heating pad for whole shoulder/back. I put a battery in the weasel toy and it did not work. I even turned on the button and it did not work. The flawless thing just falls apart when you try to use it. I do not see any other on/off switch.

Response from Felicia C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Donna,

ronaldm230
12/27/18

I am very disgruntled with tophatter. I have ordered products that have made it ahead of schedule. However, on the flip side, I've had orders that simply bounce around overseas with NO updates what so ever. This is very frustrating. I've ordered 2 parcels from the same company at the same time. 1 was delivered and the other has bounced around overseas. This same parcel has been checked into the same place 3 times. I've had no update since 17 December. All I get is excuses.

Response from Felicia C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Ronald,

Thank you for your review and for shopping on Tophatter.

I definitely understand wanting what you paid for to arrive as soon as possible. Your voice is heard and we are working to improve your experience in terms of shipping times.

2 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

you should have got a notice on your phone that you won the bid but my best advice to you is don't buy anything from Top Hatter all of it is junk

By jesus g.

Delete the app and shop somewhere else.

By Amber T.

overseas sellers sell plated 925 or plated gold they say 14k but thats fake too , tophatter does not monitor these sellers thats why so many refunds and cancelled orders , just do not buy from tophatter , waste of time , you tell me where to get 5000 dollar ring for 20 dollars tophatter if it sounds to good to be true then it is. all the people that say its real and everything is great are either first time online buyers or they work as a review panelist for money.

By cameron w.

Tophatter will screw you over. Shop Amazon or overstock.

By Lauren L.

Good luck! Tophatter rippes off the sellers so they are not going to be very likely to return your money.

By Jessica P.

Justin you are absolutely correct. I find out the hard way. I had my own auction with nice AUTHENTIC designer items and cosmetics (Becca, Cargo, Smahbox, Too Faced, etc). I lost big time. $40 Cargo palette sold for $10; it cost me $15. Items that I started higher to cover my cost never sold. I still had to pay fees for the item being listed. A $200 Calvin Klein purse sold for $20; it cost me $80 wholesale. Run! !!

By L W.

If you end up buying a few items from the same seller they can do a combined shipment but you rarely get the same buyer items since they only let the sellers sell 10 items a day. It is different for the sellers that have their own auctions.

By Barbara C.

Depends on what you are selling. Yes, a lot of items go unsold in the jewelry and accessories categories.....as well as others. Coach and Michael Kors and other designer brands, not much goes unsold, because here's the catch - - you pay fees on the starting bid. TH wants everything to start at $1. So you get punished if you start higher as to not get screwed by a low purchase price. Say you buy a designer bag for $120. If you start that bag at $100, you're already paying over $10 in fees. **IF** you can manage to sell it for a profit, there are still the commission and bank fees. If you start it at $1, you're barely paying any listing fees but it might only sell for $80 (or less!). So, less fees, but you lost your ass on the item. It's messed up. Most sellers have put in their time to see if they can make a profit or to see if TH will change, but they all seem to end up leaving. I'm convinced the only ones who stay to sell there are the counterfeit or crappy quality sellers who are buying items for next to nothing, because that seems to be the only way to make a profit there these days. I would go the ebay route if you're looking to sell.

By papa p.
Helpful answer -2

The T, the same as you and Brenda P are real, so is every other bidder on Tophatter. I'm terribly sorry that you do not feel this way. I am confident when I say: All bidders on Tophatter are real people wishing to win the item. Bidding with false pretenses is an act called shill bidding, it's illegal and not permitted on Tophatter. We provide information on shill bidding and the consequences in our FAQ here: http://tinyurl.com/y9w5qtqx. Thank you! If you have additional concerns about our ethics, please contact our customer support team and we will be happy to help. http://tinyurl.com/j8eo7hu Regards, Felicia

By Felicia C., Tophatter Representative

Yes! Sale of counterfeit items is prohibited. If you are concerned about the authenticity of an item purchased on the platform, you may return it for up to 30 days from delivery. See full details on our return policy here: http://tinyurl.com/h7xokwj.

By Graciela M.
Questions? Get answers from the Tophatter staff and other customers.

Tophatter?