Review of Tophatter

San Francisco, CA 94107, United States
Tel: +1-877-434-2894
help@tophatter.com
Youtube video thumbnail
10 Million Shoppers! Authenticity Guaranteed.
Join Now

debrap129
7/16/18

so far most items are good and in good shape, some of the rings especially ones where you get more than one they seem to be rough, scratch or tear skin when wearing, otherwise have been satisfied with Tophatter

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Debra,

Thank you for your review.

I'm glad to hear that you have been pleased with most of your items. However, we want you to pleased with all of your items and offer easy returns if you aren't.

Shoppers also have the option to rate their delivered items. Rating items is important because 1.) other buyers will be able to review the average rating on products before they bid, and 2.) items rated consistently low will automatically stop being scheduled on the platform. For these reasons we encourage you to rate the products you have purchased, although doing so is not required.

kristyh37
7/16/18

Great deals and cool things! Most things come prett fast. There are some I've had to wait on for over a week. Pretty good products for the most part too.

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Kristy,

Thank you for your review.

I'm happy to hear you've been able to find cool items at bargain prices on Tophatter.

I definitely understand wanting what you paid for to arrive as soon as possible. Please know your voice is heard and we are working to improve your experience in terms of shipping times.

On Tophatter we have an extended ship time of 30 days domestically and 60 days for all international shipments. If the time-frames passes and you still haven’t received your item please contact our dedicated customer support team by visiting My Orders, clicking the item, clicking Order FAQs, then clicking Contact Support and completing the form detailing the issue. We will be happy to help. If it’s more convenient for you, you can also contact our support team here: http://tinyurl.com/j8eo7hu

Warm Regards,
ronm277
7/14/18

I have a great time flipping through the different ads and bidding on the different items. It becomes almost a game to see if you can out bid the next person on each item. Plus they have great deals on many different items.

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Ron,

Thank you for your review!

I’m pleased to hear you’re happy with the bargain prices and having fun bidding on Tophatter.

We appreciate you shopping on Tophatter and look forward to continuing to provide a variety of quality products at bargain pricing.

Remember, at Tophatter, you can earn Store Credit by sharing our app with your friends. To learn more about, please go to the following link: https://tinyurl.com/yc8swt28

You can review the status of any referrals you have invited on the "Share & Earn":https://tophatter.com/users/share_and_earn page.

steveh506
7/14/18

Very happy with all purchases received except three and got unexpected refund on one of those (wrong size sent).The other two are lights for car wheels that arrived damaged ( battery exploded) and do not work as they said they did, and the last was a ring that in the photo the band looked solid whrn in reality it was not.

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Steve,

Thank you for your review.

I'm pleased to hear that you've been happy with your purchases and when you haven't, I'm glad we've been able to resolve the issues in a satisfactory way.

carolm448
7/14/18

I love this app, everything I bought was delivered fast and was exactly what I ordered. And the one time they didnt send a tracking number I got a full refund with no problems.

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Carol,

I truly appreciate you taking the time out to leave a review. Thank you for taking time out of your personal time to do so.

I’m pleased to hear you're happy with your items, delivery times as well as service.

danielm671
7/14/18

Great fast shipping always a head of schedule. The products are as described. Every thing i have ordered is as expected and above. Shipping tracking number always sent and accurate.

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your review and for shopping on Tophatter. I'm elated to hear that you've been happy with your items and shipping time. We value your business and appreciate your confidence in us.

brendas302
7/14/18

A distribution company should be behind their products they offer - I received some good ones but receiving broken, missing pieces and products not shown as presented is not right.

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Brenda,

Thank you for your review.

I'm very sorry that you received some items that have been broken or missing pieces. Tophatter is not the seller or reseller of the items, Tophatter is a Marketplace that connects buyers with sellers (https://tophatter.com/terms) and we rely on the seller to ensure you receive your item incompletion, without missing pieces. Unfortunately, regarding the broken item, at times items are damaged in transit.

Not to worry, If for any reason you’re not completely satisfied, you can request to return an item for up to 30 days from the date of delivery. A full refund of the original price paid will be processed upon return of the item in its original condition. To request a return, visit My Orders, click the item, then click Return Item.

For any problematic items, please contact our dedicated support team here http://tinyurl.com/j8eo7hu for help getting the issue resolved.

Warm Regards,
erinp76
7/14/18

I enjoy the peaceful bidding wars for items of my dreams, thanks Tophatter for having a site where I can keep up with new trends at just a click of a mouse.

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Erin,

We are delighted to have you as a valued member of the community. Thank you for writing your review.

It is wonderful to hear you enjoy bidding on Tophatter. We are very grateful for your continued business because we wouldn’t be here without loyal shoppers like you.

Have a great time shopping.

robinp140
7/13/18

I think Tophatter is a fun and friendly site. I love the thrill of the deal and bidding on items. You can get some pretty good deals on Tophatter. I would recommend it and I have.

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Robin,

ajv7
7/13/18

Careful of what? Overbidding. I've seen many wins where people pay more then Amazon.

Be patient of slow delivery because almost all the companies are sending from China. The companies usually get the item in the mail within 8 hours. So the literal slow boat from China is real. Let's not forget customs either.

I'm guessing many sellers are employees at the factory trying to make a few extra bucks from a production run for the company. There also appears to be the practice of accepting pre-orders letting them build up for a week or two. I've always gotten my order just much later then the usual slow boat. To be fair the fine print does say delivery time a full 30 days out.

Quality wise most of the items have been middle range. With the odd exception of cheap and high quality seen. If you like an item buy it again while you can. Once production is over you will be stuck paying more.

There is a saying:
you can have it cheap,
you can have quality,
you can have it fast,
pick 2 or expect to pay extra.

Tophatter caters to the first two.

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi AJ,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to leave a review, much appreciated.

In terms of overbidding, we definitely encourage shoppers to read the item description and determine what is a fair and reasonable price to pay for the items that they are bidding on. Bidders decide how high they are willing to bid, and can stop bidding at any time.

I definitely understand wanting what you paid for to arrive as soon as possible and we are working to improve shipping times. After you've purchased, you can click on any item from your My Orders page then click *Where's My Item?* to find the current status and timeline.

Tophatter is not the seller or reseller of the item. Tophatter is a Marketplace that connects buyers with sellers (https://tophatter.com/terms).

We are very grateful for your continued business, without loyal shoppers like you we wouldn't be here.

Have a wonderful day, and a great time shopping on Tophatter.

hollerang
7/13/18

I've found a number of unique items for my children and myself here. No, I had not found them elsewhere, in some cases.
Happy All Around

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Holleran,

Thank you for your review.

I’m so happy to hear you're able to find products you love for those most important to you, friends and family members. We look forward to continuing to provide a variety of quality products at bargain pricing.

zoeyw2
7/13/18

Ordered something small as I had read quite a few reviews of people being scammed and never receiving anything, so we shall see if my order actually shows up. However considering that when I now click to view the sellers profile I get a error 404 notice, I don't believe I will get anything.

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Zoey,

Thank you for your review and for deciding to give Tophatter a try.

lisab694
7/13/18

I love this site! I have ordered at least 12 times and have not disappointed yet. Excellent customer service!!!!!!

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Lisa,

I’m glad to hear that our dedicated support team left an impression. We look forward to continuing to provide first class service and quality products at competitive pricing.

lindas915
7/13/18

I love this site except for the length of time it takes to get the order. Most things take a month at least.

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Linda,

Thank you for taking the time out to write a review.

I'm pleased to hear you love Tophatter! We are delighted to have you as a valued member of the community.

lilliant19
7/13/18

Tophatter is a great place to find those item you you like at great prices. And where bidding becomes a fun adventure of skill.

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Lillian,

teresab219
7/12/18

I love the selection of products to choose from. I have already started my Christmas shopping. The couple of products I have already received were just as described. My husband bought a little elephant statue, when we received it in the mail we were very pleased with the quality of the little statue.
I want to tell all of my friends to get Tophatter for their gift give needs or for getting things for themselves.
The selection of electronics,home needs and beauty is fantastic!

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Teresa,

Thank you for your review.

I'm happy to hear you are pleased with the quality of items on Tophatter and you're able to find products you love for those most important to you, friends and family members.

brandynb
7/12/18

Love Tophatter. Just wish we could get things quicker. When you buy multiple items it would be nice to get them faster. Other than that no complaints.

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Brandyn,

garyt185
7/12/18

I have purchased several Items on this site,....be careful....several items are overpriced, even at $2, $3, $4 plus shipping. You really need to investigate before purchasing. I saw bidders buying silver at $20 plus for a gram of sterling. That is worth $.54. Silver is about $16.50 an oz, a gram is 1/2500 th of an oz and even if it were an oz, why would you pay $20 for $16 worth of silver. Another con, German Silver isn't silver, it is an industry term for a metal mixture that contains no silver, worth about $.03/oz they sell this for $6 to $20 for a 1 oz bar. Really, buyer beware!!!!!

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Gary,

juanitac35
7/12/18

Tophatter has added another dimension to shopping and fun at home. The products have been of good quality and delivery of the item has been very reasonable. I look forward to the next auction. Thank you

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Juanita,

Thank you for taking the time out to write a review.

I'm glad that you are happy with the quality of items and Tophatter has made it fun for you to shop at home.

We look forward to continuing to provide a fun shopping experience with a variety of quality products at bargain pricing.

billieb46
7/12/18

I love to browse, find something cute or useful then set a reminder when it is available for auction. It is fun! Mostly I look at the jewelry but plan to branch out into other categories. Prices are soooooo good. Can afford to pick up a few pieces instead of just one for the same price. New favorite site!

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Billie,

Thank you for your review and welcome to Tophatter.

I'm glad you have a great time browsing and shopping on Tophatter.

lorrainek36
7/12/18

With a exception of a minut few ...all items purchased I am in love with...excellent service and fast delivery!!!!

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Lorraine,

I am happy you've been in love with your purchases and service has been excellent.

We have a generous return policy; if for any reason you're not completely satisfied, you can request to return an item for up to 30 days from the date of delivery. You can see full details on the return policy here https://tinyurl.com/yd75uc6e

Happy bidding!
teresas200
7/12/18

It was surprisingly fun...so far I like the items I've gotten. I like that you can set up a reminder for an item you wanted but bid on and lost...I've so far and a good experience

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Teresa,

I’m pleased to hear your overall experience has been a great one.

harryf59
7/12/18

Great experience in buying with fantastic customer service. Always a pleasure at Tophatter. Tophatter has been the experience to top all others. I recommend this site to everyone to enjoy and have fun shopping at Tophatter.

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Harry,

Thank you for sharing your experience.

I'm so glad to hear your buying and service experience has been great on Tophatter.

Thank you for shopping on Tophatter. We value your business and appreciate your confidence in us.

theodocioust
7/12/18

Date of delivery not appropriate items coming from China dont have any information once they left the principal area

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Theodocious,

kevinm605
7/12/18

Couple of items i never got, a moon necklace that supposed to light did not. Pretty good job. Quality is great, just long on delivery information.

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Kevin,

Thank you for your review.

I'm pleased to hear that you are happy with the quality of items you've received.

I'm very sorry to hear you haven't received your item. After you've purchased, you can click on any item from your My Orders page then click *Where's My Item?* to find the current status and timeline.

2 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

you should have got a notice on your phone that you won the bid but my best advice to you is don't buy anything from Top Hatter all of it is junk

By jesus g.

Delete the app and shop somewhere else.

By Amber T.

overseas sellers sell plated 925 or plated gold they say 14k but thats fake too , tophatter does not monitor these sellers thats why so many refunds and cancelled orders , just do not buy from tophatter , waste of time , you tell me where to get 5000 dollar ring for 20 dollars tophatter if it sounds to good to be true then it is. all the people that say its real and everything is great are either first time online buyers or they work as a review panelist for money.

By cameron w.

Tophatter will screw you over. Shop Amazon or overstock.

By Lauren L.

Good luck! Tophatter rippes off the sellers so they are not going to be very likely to return your money.

By Jessica P.
Helpful answer -1

The T, the same as you and Brenda P are real, so is every other bidder on Tophatter. I'm terribly sorry that you do not feel this way. I am confident when I say: All bidders on Tophatter are real people wishing to win the item. Bidding with false pretenses is an act called shill bidding, it's illegal and not permitted on Tophatter. We provide information on shill bidding and the consequences in our FAQ here: http://tinyurl.com/y9w5qtqx. Thank you! If you have additional concerns about our ethics, please contact our customer support team and we will be happy to help. http://tinyurl.com/j8eo7hu Regards, Felicia

By Felicia C., Tophatter Representative

All mine were new.

By Margie m.

If you end up buying a few items from the same seller they can do a combined shipment but you rarely get the same buyer items since they only let the sellers sell 10 items a day. It is different for the sellers that have their own auctions.

By Barbara C.

Depends on what you are selling. Yes, a lot of items go unsold in the jewelry and accessories categories.....as well as others. Coach and Michael Kors and other designer brands, not much goes unsold, because here's the catch - - you pay fees on the starting bid. TH wants everything to start at $1. So you get punished if you start higher as to not get screwed by a low purchase price. Say you buy a designer bag for $120. If you start that bag at $100, you're already paying over $10 in fees. **IF** you can manage to sell it for a profit, there are still the commission and bank fees. If you start it at $1, you're barely paying any listing fees but it might only sell for $80 (or less!). So, less fees, but you lost your ass on the item. It's messed up. Most sellers have put in their time to see if they can make a profit or to see if TH will change, but they all seem to end up leaving. I'm convinced the only ones who stay to sell there are the counterfeit or crappy quality sellers who are buying items for next to nothing, because that seems to be the only way to make a profit there these days. I would go the ebay route if you're looking to sell.

By papa p.

Good luck with this one. This is wishful thinking. :-) I had only 2 neutral feedback among a big sea of positives. I paid my bill on time, but they want more money and more money until we walk away paying them more than we make. They don't want honesty and good sellers, they want money. They don't want anyone there that will question their integrity and too many of us did that. I say we're better off without them.

By Angie P.
Questions? Get answers from the Tophatter staff and other customers.

35 Photos for Tophatter