Review of Tophatter

San Francisco, CA 94107, United States
Tel: +1-877-434-2894
help@tophatter.com
Youtube video thumbnail
10 Million Shoppers! Authenticity Guaranteed.
Join Now

richards1342
7/15/19

I bought several coins, they are not what was pictured and not the coins I though I was buying. I won't be buying anything else for them.

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Richard,

Thank you for your review.

Tophatter is a Marketplace that connects buyers with sellers (https://tophatter.com/terms), and we rely on sellers to provide accurate information about every item; however, if you discover a listing has been misrepresented in any way, we offer excellent Buyer Protection (https://tophatter.com/topics/Buying/subtopics/Buyer%20Issues/questions/Is%20there%20Buyer%20Protection%3F) As part of our quality assurance process, our system detects and applies strong penalties to sellers with higher than average return rate, and individual items exceeding the rate will no longer be scheduled on our platform.

For any problematic items, please contact our dedicated support team here http://tinyurl.com/j8eo7hu for help getting the issue resolved.

Shoppers also have the option to rate their delivered items. Rating items is important because 1.) other buyers will be able to review the average rating on products before they bid, and 2.) items rated consistently low will automatically stop being scheduled on the platform. For these reasons we encourage you to rate the products you have purchased, although doing so is not required.

roberth1272
7/15/19

any of the items that normally sell way to high, if you snag one for way cheaper than normal you will never see your stuff, you will get refunded in approx. 60 days but you will still see the item being sold on there to others paying way more than your bid you won with, sellers are ripping people off for the extra money ... IT IS RIGGED !!!!!!!!!!

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Robert,

Thank you for your review.

I'm terribly sorry to hear the seller failed to honor your sale. This is definitely against Tophatter seller guidelines. When a buyer is refunded without prior consent the seller is automatically penalized, so this won't go unnoticed. Again, my apologies for the inconvenience this has caused. Thank you.

eddiep52
7/12/19

Have been using Tophatter for a few months now and love it. Great products, great prices. Sometimes shipping is a little slow but that depends on the vendor, not really tophatter.

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Eddie,

Thank you for your review.

Welcome to Tophatter. I am pleased to hear that you've been happy with your shopping experience.

On Tophatter we have an extended ship time of 30 days domestically and 60 days for all international shipments.

After you've purchased, you can click on any item from your My Orders page then click *Where's My Item?* to find the current status and timeline.

Please know you are covered by Buyer Protection http://tinyurl.com/j8eo7hu against non-delivery if tracking does not update to show delivered to the address you provided at the time of payment.

cheta10
7/11/19

Great stuff for great prices and you don't pay unless you actually buy something great stuff you don't even know you want but for the price you have to have

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Chet,

Thank you for your review.

I'm pleased to hear that you are happy with that prices and products on Tophatter. Have a wonderful time shopping.

bethc446
7/11/19

The merchandise is of top quality. I love shopping at TopHatters. Get pla e to get gifts and things for myself. I tell everyone to shop here.

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Beth,

Thank you for your review and for choosing Tophatter. I’m happy that you enjoyed your shopping experience.

Remember, at Tophatter, you can earn Credit by sharing our app with your friends. To learn more please go to the following link: https://tinyurl.com/yc8swt28

nevan3
7/11/19

I have just recently started using Tophatter and am really enjoying it. I have won numerous auctions spending no more than 10.00 an item, usually much less. Shipping is always much faster than stated and the majority of the items are just as described. I have had a few items that were broken when I received them by Tophatter and the seller made it right.

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Neva,

Thank you for your review and welcome to Tophatter.

I am pleased to hear that you are happy with the pricing and shipping times. I'm also glad to hear that our support team has been able to address your concerns in a pleasing way.

Have a wonderful time shopping on Tophatter!

josephl349
7/11/19

They have a wide verity of products that might interestus all. I am very happy to shop here and they treat me well , what more can you ask for the prices are nice

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Joseph,

wandab104
7/11/19

I cancelled 2 orders because after I seen the shipping cost there was no way I was going to pay that and tophatter made it to where I couldn't bid for 3 days!!

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Wanda,

Thank you for your review.

Please know the shipping cost can be seen on the green bid button prior to bidding. We also offer a free shipping category.

I'm sorry you were unable to bid, please know that the block on bidding is temporary and will time out. You can see more on our cancellation policy here:https://tinyurl.com/y8uzqbag

christinej122
7/11/19

Excellent service bidding is good. bidding on stuff an be a royal pain. But in the it is worth it
Products are worth the wait

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Christine,

Thank you for your review.

Customer service is our top priority and I am pleased to hear you are happy with the service on Tophatter.

We bidding is the primary source of purchases on Tophatter please know that you can purchase items outright by using the buy now option where available. I hope this helps.

Have a wonderful time shopping on Tophatter!

vickig65
7/11/19

Was great but one idem ordered is 2 weeks past delivery date I still want what I ordered I need it for birthday present

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Vicki,

Thank you for your review and for shopping on Tophatter.

I definitely understand wanting what you paid for to arrive as soon as possible. Your voice is heard and we are working to improve your experience in terms of shipping times.

lindas1246
7/11/19

The saying goes you get what you pay for well this so called site is a big rip off and shouldn't be on the internet unless you want to have products from the dollar store because that is the quality of merchandise you are getting.

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Linda,

Thank you for your review.

We want you to be pleased with all of your purchases on Tophatter and I'm sorry that hasn't been the case.

We have a generous return policy; if for any reason you're not completely satisfied, you can request to return an item for up to 30 days from the date of delivery. See full details on the return policy here https://tinyurl.com/yd75uc6e

For any problematic items, you can quickly contact our customer support team by visiting My Orders, clicking the item, clicking Order FAQs, then clicking Contact Support and completing the form detailing the issue. We will be happy to help. If it’s more convenient for you, you can also contact our support team here: http://tinyurl.com/j8eo7hu

thomasb694
7/11/19

I purchased many items, several did not live up to the advertised item, some did. I still have many items en route. I'm enjoying the site.

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Thomas,

Thank you for your review. We hope every shopper will be delighted with every purchase, but understand that not everything can be perfect. If for any reason you’re not completely satisfied, you can request to return an item for up to 30 days from the date of delivery. A full refund of the original price paid will be processed upon return of the item in its original condition. To request a return, visit My Orders, click the item, then click Return Item.

paulc779
7/11/19

Good site to shop. Decent products at good prices with sensible bidding. Would be nice if some of the better products did not have such high shipping fees.
Great customer service!

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Paul,

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased to hear you are happy with the products, pricing and service! I understand wanting to pay lower shipping cost. Please know we do offer a "free shipping" category. I hope this help.

Have a wonderful time shopping on Tophatter.

ramonal17
7/11/19

I love Tophatter I always find a great deal. I always receive my items quickly and they are always what I expect unlike many other sites

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Ramon,

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased to hear that you have been happy with the deals and delivery time on Tophatter. Have a wonderful time shopping and don't hesitate to reach out to us at help@tophatter.com if we can be of any help.

suep173
7/8/19

I enjoy the fast paced bidding and seeing the great variety of items to bid on or purchase. Need to check feedback and read carefully however to be sure you know what you're getting. Excellent customer service.and response time.

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Sue,

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased to hear that you've enjoyed your shopping experience on Tophatter. Customer service is our top priority and I am happy to hear that service has met your expectations.

Have a wonderful time shopping!

juanitab47
7/8/19

Do you need a new fashion top? A mosquito trap? Solar fairie lights? Check out Tophatter.com Usually with free shipping.

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Juanita,

Thank you for your review.

We appreciate you recommending the products on Tophatter.
Have a wonderful time shopping.

scottg423
7/8/19

They are very fair and treats the customers great very fast to refund your money when something arrive broke with no hassles

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Scott,

Thank you for your review.

I am very pleased to hear that you've had a good experience on Tophatter and that we have been able to address your concerns in a pleasing way.

Have a wonderful time shopping on Tophatter.

kimk263
7/7/19

Been waiting over a month for 6+ items. A lot of items are not the quality described and some items arent even the same item.

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Kim,

eld10
7/7/19

This is an awesome site with very fast results and I highly recommend it, but Beware the Pictures are often deceiving, read the description THOROUGHLY, to avoid disappointment and beware of coins that are often Counterfit copies!

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi El,

Thank you for giving us a perfect rating and for recommending Tophatter. We greatly appreciate your continued support!

Remember, at Tophatter, you can earn Store Credit by sharing our app with your friends. To learn more please go to the following link: https://tinyurl.com/yc8swt28

coreent
7/7/19

The quality of the items do not match the descriptions. Returns are difficult at best and it owner's expense in some cases.

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Coreen,

patriciab622
7/6/19

Really enjoy this app. Always something different to purchase. Love that it's 24 hours so all times of the night I can go on and buy!!!

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Patricia,

janicem381
Janice M.
7/1/19

All items get here before or on designated dates. Have one problem with item that is stuck in CN but that isn't Tophatters fault.

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Janice,

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased to hear that you are happy with the items on Tophatter.
I'm sorry to hear one there was an issue with shipping for one of your items.

susant487
7/1/19
• Updated review

Beware of giving your hard-earned money to overseas places, especially places originating in China. They never sent my shirt, had a bogus USPS tracking number with letters which we do not use here in the USA. Buy in America so you can track your package and do not be taken by unscrupulous companies. Integrity is everything.

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Susan,

Thank you for your review.

I see that you have reached out to us a number of times from multiple social media platform with the same concern regarding Order 85799249 and we have addressed your reviews from each platform.

I understand the frustration and disappointment that comes with not receiving an item you expected and we are truly sorry that happened. As mentioned, we offer Buyer Protection (https://tinyurl.com/yc6sdknh) which guarantees items are shipped with valid tracking and delivered to the address provided or a full refund will be processed. When a package shows delivered to your location but not received, contact the local post office to attempt to locate the package.

To help with this issue I see that I personally issued a $5 credit 3 days ago. Because this item does show delivered to your location please reach out to the local post office to attempt to locate the package.

Angelique
“BUYER BEWARE!!!! They steal your money”
6/27/19
• Previous review

Ordered a $10 white shirt in SPRING. Filed complaints with PayPal when the shirt was never received. Filed another dispute and escalated the claim. Company provided a bogus tracking number and I never received the shirt. Called PayPal and they are taking the business side. I do not need the $10, but at the same time, I do not give away money for free to scoundrels and thieves! This is the principle of the matter. I will never order from these thieves again and I suggest you do not either. It is now SUMMER and I still do not have the shirt nor the $10 refund. Buyer Beware (No picture to submit because no shirt received!!!) $#*!ers!

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Susan,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I truly understand how frustrating and disappointing it is to pay for an item and never receive it, I'm sorry that happened.

We offer Buyer Protection (https://tinyurl.com/yc6sdknh) which guarantees items are shipped with valid tracking and delivered to the address provided or a full refund will be processed. When a package shows delivered to your location but not received, contact the local post office to attempt to locate the package.

What I have done as a one-time courtesy is issue a $5.00 store credit to your account. This credit will expire in 2 weeks and is good for your next purchase of $6.00 or more. I hope this helps.

pennys98
7/1/19

I bought a dress. Just something to wear around the house. I knew it was cheap so instead of 1 or 2 X, I got 4X. This is perfect for my 8 year old niece! NO GROWNUP could wear this!!! Models were grownup.

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Penny,

Thank you for your review.

I'm sorry that your dress was not size appropriate despite sizing up. Here is a size chart https://tinyurl.com/ya99eeal to help with future purchases.

karleyb1
6/30/19

Tophatter is a Wonderful place to shop. Get really good stuff for a really great price. Everything I've ordered so far has been Great.

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Karley,

Thank you for your review.

I am elated to hear that you enjoy the products and your shopping experience on Tophatter.

Have a great time bidding!

2 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

You have to read the descriptions. It will tell you if it's real or plated.

By crystal h.

you should have got a notice on your phone that you won the bid but my best advice to you is don't buy anything from Top Hatter all of it is junk

By jesus g.

Delete the app and shop somewhere else.

By Amber T.

Tophatter will screw you over. Shop Amazon or overstock.

By Lauren L.

Good luck! Tophatter rippes off the sellers so they are not going to be very likely to return your money.

By Jessica P.

Justin you are absolutely correct. I find out the hard way. I had my own auction with nice AUTHENTIC designer items and cosmetics (Becca, Cargo, Smahbox, Too Faced, etc). I lost big time. $40 Cargo palette sold for $10; it cost me $15. Items that I started higher to cover my cost never sold. I still had to pay fees for the item being listed. A $200 Calvin Klein purse sold for $20; it cost me $80 wholesale. Run! !!

By L W.

If you end up buying a few items from the same seller they can do a combined shipment but you rarely get the same buyer items since they only let the sellers sell 10 items a day. It is different for the sellers that have their own auctions.

By Barbara C.

Depends on what you are selling. Yes, a lot of items go unsold in the jewelry and accessories categories.....as well as others. Coach and Michael Kors and other designer brands, not much goes unsold, because here's the catch - - you pay fees on the starting bid. TH wants everything to start at $1. So you get punished if you start higher as to not get screwed by a low purchase price. Say you buy a designer bag for $120. If you start that bag at $100, you're already paying over $10 in fees. **IF** you can manage to sell it for a profit, there are still the commission and bank fees. If you start it at $1, you're barely paying any listing fees but it might only sell for $80 (or less!). So, less fees, but you lost your ass on the item. It's messed up. Most sellers have put in their time to see if they can make a profit or to see if TH will change, but they all seem to end up leaving. I'm convinced the only ones who stay to sell there are the counterfeit or crappy quality sellers who are buying items for next to nothing, because that seems to be the only way to make a profit there these days. I would go the ebay route if you're looking to sell.

By papa p.
Helpful answer -2

The T, the same as you and Brenda P are real, so is every other bidder on Tophatter. I'm terribly sorry that you do not feel this way. I am confident when I say: All bidders on Tophatter are real people wishing to win the item. Bidding with false pretenses is an act called shill bidding, it's illegal and not permitted on Tophatter. We provide information on shill bidding and the consequences in our FAQ here: http://tinyurl.com/y9w5qtqx. Thank you! If you have additional concerns about our ethics, please contact our customer support team and we will be happy to help. http://tinyurl.com/j8eo7hu Regards, Felicia

By Felicia C., Tophatter Representative

Yes! Sale of counterfeit items is prohibited. If you are concerned about the authenticity of an item purchased on the platform, you may return it for up to 30 days from delivery. See full details on our return policy here: http://tinyurl.com/h7xokwj.

By Graciela M.
Questions? Get answers from the Tophatter staff and other customers.

Tophatter?