Review of Tophatter

San Francisco, CA 94107, United States
Tel: +1-877-434-2894
help@tophatter.com
Youtube video thumbnail
10 Million Shoppers! Authenticity Guaranteed.
Join Now

garyb520
4/17/19

Won a couple of auctions of small items. Most of the stuff they have looks a ltitle cheesey, although you could buy an older model laptop or call phone for a reduced price with luck.

markd693
4/17/19

The merchandise presented is good quality and affordable. I was like a kid in a candy store when I first found Tophatter. The part I especially like is they take care of the buyers. If you are unhappy with what you bought or received it damaged, they immediately take action to make sure you are satisfied. 5 STARS TOPHATTER!!!!!!!!

ernestoa12
4/16/19

All items look great and feel great. The first time I ordered I thought it was just a game but it is true to your word

nadjaf1
4/16/19

Great products and prices as well as customer service! All this i have bought were either good or they refunded me. Great experience

garyb521
4/16/19

The web site is very customer friendly. Easy to track and see pending orders. My only complaint is with Empire Collectibles, I have many orders pending since March 31st. 2019 and I do not see any activity. I would like to know if they ship only once a month or is there something else happening .

deborahz20
4/16/19

8 times out of 10 I am very happy with what I buy. The other times I just suck it up. I write the reviews to let the seller and others .
The latest one that disappointed was USB cords for my phone ... It said I would get "ALL 3 PICTURED" BUT I only received 1. I wrote the review but have not received any comment from anyone. With the option of return .. then I would have none.
Other times the ring can be lovely or cheep looking. . Size can be perfect or run small.

kevini32
4/16/19

I was selling massagers toys on tophatter given people what they want but u guys blocked me from selling them I hope the people bidding on tophatter are adults since this is a auction site I hope you guys reconsider let me sell them on tophatter and give people what they want don't stop that let people decide if they want to buy them thank you I have a outstanding shipping rating two.

ediej3
4/16/19

I'm addicted to Tophatter. I visit every day and look forward to it. Most of my buys have been impulse buying and for the most part I like what I've bought. When unsatisfied refunds aren't questioned, they're just made. Some refunds have been given without my request, based on comments of the products.

victoriag129
4/12/19

Sometimes I overlook the shipping costs and they have been very good with me I will keep buying I love this site

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Victoria,

Thank you for your review.

I'm glad to hear you enjoy shopping on Tophatter. Please know we do offer a free shipping category. I hope this helps.

charlesp273
4/12/19

I have been a TopHatter shopper for over a month now. I have saved a lot of money on my purchases, and it is so easy and convient to shop here.

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Charles,

Thank you for giving us a perfect rating. We greatly appreciate your continued support! Remember, at Tophatter, you can earn Store Credit by sharing our app with your friends. To learn more please go to the following link: https://tinyurl.com/yc8swt28

terrys374
4/12/19

Every item I have ordered was what I expected them to be. I have ordered several item and continue to shop on Tophatter. I am very pleased with the quality and prices.

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Terry,

Thank you for your review and for choosing Tophatter. I’m happy that you enjoyed your shopping experience.

Remember, at Tophatter, you can earn Credit by sharing our app with your friends. To learn more please go to the following link: https://tinyurl.com/yc8swt28

williamq18
4/12/19

Since joining Tophatter I have to say that it's the best of the best. I have always been able to find what I have wanted or needed and I am definitely to tell my friends about the site.

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi William,

Thank you for giving us a perfect rating and for recommending Tophatter. We greatly appreciate your continued support!

In order to hopefully brighten your day I've issued a $5.00 store credit to your account. This credit will automatically apply to your next purchase of $6.00 or more and expires in two weeks.

Have a wonderful time shopping!

dianew234
4/12/19

I have received some of my purchases. Some I am delighted with, some I am not too impressed with. You get was you pay for. Some of the pictures of the items make the item look a lot better than it is.

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Diane,

Thank you for your review. We hope every shopper will be delighted with every purchase, but understand that not everything can be perfect. If for any reason you’re not completely satisfied, you can request to return an item for up to 30 days from the date of delivery. A full refund of the original price paid will be processed upon return of the item in its original condition. To request a return, visit My Orders, click the item, then click Return Item.

Shoppers also have the option to rate their delivered items. Rating items is important because 1.) other buyers will be able to review the average rating on products before they bid, and 2.) items rated consistently low will automatically stop being scheduled on the platform. For these reasons we encourage you to rate the products you have purchased, although doing so is not required.

hildas13
4/12/19

I like to shop with Tophatter. But there has been a few orders delivered to the wrong address not even the right state. But all for one they refunded my money . A couple of my items still aren't here and it's been way over a month but they can't do anything about the shipping time.

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Hilda,

Thank you for your review.

I'm glad to hear you enjoy shopping on Tophatter. I'm sorry that some of your item were delivered to the wrong address, I know how disappointing and frustration it must be to wait for an item and it doesn't arrive. I'm happy that our customer service team was able to address the concern in a pleasing way.

I definitely understand wanting what you paid for to arrive as soon as possible.Your voice is heard and we are working to improve your experience in terms of shipping times.

After you've purchased, you can click on any item from your My Orders page then click *Where's My Item?* to find the current status and timeline.

Please know you are covered by Buyer Protection http://tinyurl.com/j8eo7hu against non-delivery if tracking does not update to show delivered to the address you provided at the time of payment.

terryo54
4/12/19

I've have no complaints with Tophatter, it's been all good so far, if anything could be improved it would be shipping time from some areas.

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Terry,

Thank you for your review. I'm pleased to hear you've had a pleasant experience shopping on Tophatter.

shernaym
4/12/19

Great place to bid on some very nice items. I have no complaints on any order. The prices may sometime get a little expensive but overall a great place to shop.

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Shernay,

Thank you for your review and for choosing Tophatter. I’m happy that you enjoy your shopping experience.
In terms of the pricing getting expensive, one of the best things about Tophatter is the shopper is in control of how much they pay. If you find an item is outside of what you would like to pay you can sent a reminder for the item by clicking on the heart icon. This will give you a notification of when the item is up for auction again and you can bid at that time, hopefully in a price range that is more suitable. I hope this helps.

mileso9
4/12/19

Some products have a bit to be desired. All in all though I am quite satisfied with my buying experience. I have been careful in the bidding process and have been lucky to win.

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Miles,

claudetteg6
4/12/19

It's fun auctioning against other shoppers but once you realize you're paying much more than what some items are worth; the thrill is gone.

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Claudette,

In terms of overbidding, we definitely encourage shoppers to read the item description and determine what is a fair and reasonable price to pay for the items that they are bidding on. Bidders decide how high they are willing to bid, and can stop bidding at any time. If an item doesn't meet your price range you can set a reminder for the items by clicking on the heart icon. You will get a notification when the item is up for auction again and can bid at that time. I hope this helps.

britnayk
4/12/19

I love this tophatter app. I tell everybody about this app. I recommend that if you have not tried the tophatter app, you need to try it.

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Britnay,

ashleyh331
4/12/19

I've loved everything I have won on top hatter. I'll continue to shop on their site. It's great for buying gifts for friends and family. I bought a necklace for my daughter and she hasn't took it off since. I recommend it!

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Ashley,

Thank you for your review.

I’m so happy to hear you're able to find products you love for those most important to you, friends and family members. We look forward to continuing to provide a variety of quality products at bargain pricing.

carriew118
4/1/19

I love tophatter. I have gotten some awesome deals on here. I do alot of shopping for everyobe in my family here.

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Carrie,

deleanak
4/1/19

I have tried other auction sites only to delete them and never return. Top hatter is a Great site. You can win and you do receive great products
that match what they are explained to be. No issues but 24/7 help if ever needed.

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Deleana,

Thank you for your review. It is fantastic to hear you enjoy your purchases. Have a wonderful time shopping and remember, at Tophatter, you can earn Store Credit by sharing our app with your friends. To learn more please go to the following link: https://tinyurl.com/yc8swt28

carlt121
3/23/19

Won bid item and paid for winning item and
Seller never send item or responded to my emails, after a two month never received item Customer service give me a 100% refund plus a $5 credit for future purchases

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Carl,

Thank you for your review.

I'm sorry to hear your item was never received. I know how frustration and disappointing that must be.

We offer Buyer Protection (https://tinyurl.com/yc6sdknh) which guarantees items are shipped with valid tracking and delivered to the address provided or a full refund will be processed. I'm glad to hear our customer service team was able to resolve the issue for you and issue a $5.00 store credit.

Have a wonderful time shopping on Tophatter.

tomb619
3/18/19

real good prices on everything but shipping somtimes takes a month to get it to customers if you are in united states--- think that is only thing i dont like

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Tom,

Thank you for your review and for shopping on Tophatter.

On Tophatter we have an extended ship time of 30 days domestically and 60 days for all international shipments.

ellel13
3/18/19

Tophatter is a great site to bid on some quality merchandise that you can get economically. Some items you get what you pay for. I have recv'd wonderful bedding and other things from Tophatter but also some cheap costume jewelry pieces.Most are either FREE or LOW cost shipping. Mostly NICE MERCHANDISE, from Tophatter. Love this site.

Tip for consumers: If new to the site like when I was, watch n quick look at merchandise then do your bidding. ALL IN ALL HAVE FUN.

Response from Angelique C., Tophatter Representative
Hi Elle,

Thanks a bunch! We appreciate your kind review. I’m pleased to hear you love shopping on Tophatter.

2 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

you should have got a notice on your phone that you won the bid but my best advice to you is don't buy anything from Top Hatter all of it is junk

By jesus g.

Delete the app and shop somewhere else.

By Amber T.

overseas sellers sell plated 925 or plated gold they say 14k but thats fake too , tophatter does not monitor these sellers thats why so many refunds and cancelled orders , just do not buy from tophatter , waste of time , you tell me where to get 5000 dollar ring for 20 dollars tophatter if it sounds to good to be true then it is. all the people that say its real and everything is great are either first time online buyers or they work as a review panelist for money.

By cameron w.

Tophatter will screw you over. Shop Amazon or overstock.

By Lauren L.

Good luck! Tophatter rippes off the sellers so they are not going to be very likely to return your money.

By Jessica P.

Justin you are absolutely correct. I find out the hard way. I had my own auction with nice AUTHENTIC designer items and cosmetics (Becca, Cargo, Smahbox, Too Faced, etc). I lost big time. $40 Cargo palette sold for $10; it cost me $15. Items that I started higher to cover my cost never sold. I still had to pay fees for the item being listed. A $200 Calvin Klein purse sold for $20; it cost me $80 wholesale. Run! !!

By L W.

If you end up buying a few items from the same seller they can do a combined shipment but you rarely get the same buyer items since they only let the sellers sell 10 items a day. It is different for the sellers that have their own auctions.

By Barbara C.

Depends on what you are selling. Yes, a lot of items go unsold in the jewelry and accessories categories.....as well as others. Coach and Michael Kors and other designer brands, not much goes unsold, because here's the catch - - you pay fees on the starting bid. TH wants everything to start at $1. So you get punished if you start higher as to not get screwed by a low purchase price. Say you buy a designer bag for $120. If you start that bag at $100, you're already paying over $10 in fees. **IF** you can manage to sell it for a profit, there are still the commission and bank fees. If you start it at $1, you're barely paying any listing fees but it might only sell for $80 (or less!). So, less fees, but you lost your ass on the item. It's messed up. Most sellers have put in their time to see if they can make a profit or to see if TH will change, but they all seem to end up leaving. I'm convinced the only ones who stay to sell there are the counterfeit or crappy quality sellers who are buying items for next to nothing, because that seems to be the only way to make a profit there these days. I would go the ebay route if you're looking to sell.

By papa p.
Helpful answer -2

The T, the same as you and Brenda P are real, so is every other bidder on Tophatter. I'm terribly sorry that you do not feel this way. I am confident when I say: All bidders on Tophatter are real people wishing to win the item. Bidding with false pretenses is an act called shill bidding, it's illegal and not permitted on Tophatter. We provide information on shill bidding and the consequences in our FAQ here: http://tinyurl.com/y9w5qtqx. Thank you! If you have additional concerns about our ethics, please contact our customer support team and we will be happy to help. http://tinyurl.com/j8eo7hu Regards, Felicia

By Felicia C., Tophatter Representative

Yes! Sale of counterfeit items is prohibited. If you are concerned about the authenticity of an item purchased on the platform, you may return it for up to 30 days from delivery. See full details on our return policy here: http://tinyurl.com/h7xokwj.

By Graciela M.
Questions? Get answers from the Tophatter staff and other customers.

Tophatter?