Buyee

Buyee has a consumer rating of 4.17 stars from 233 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with Buyee most frequently mention customer service, yahoo auctions and japan auction. Buyee ranks 8th among Mail Forwarding sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 83.5%

• Their customer service is excellent and responds quickly to inquiries.

No critical highlights yet

How would you rate Buyee?

“Great way to find Japanese goods”

Abigail M.
11/21/20

I've used Buyee multiple times specifically to buy anime goods from Mercari Japan. I've always been able to find what I'm looking for even when looking for rare items. Very easy to use and they often have useful coupons. Most recently when I used them they had a whole period of having no service fee, usually it would be another $5 on top of the item price so this was super useful. I'm definitely using them again.

“Worst”

Andrew C.
2/5/20

Try avoid this proxy website if you can. First, they have the worst customer service. Second, They charge package consolidation fees and other nonsense fees. Third, there is no sense of warning Billing and Shipping addresses differences so they will not cancel after you Paid for shipping, which is ridiculous. I never had a problem with other Japanese proxy buying website except for BUYEE. Again, I would not recommend BUYEE for someone who is trying to buy stuff in Japan through a proxy website.

customer service (30)
abigailm119
lucyh143
December 17th, 2020
Thank you for a smooth and pleasant transaction. Buyee is always so easy to order items and track when items have shipped out. I like how their customer support always answers questions within a day or two. Packages are well consolidated as well. :)
dany87
July 5th, 2020
I have been using Buyee for a while and enjoy buying items from Mercari via Buyee. All is good except Buyee customer service is very bad and the worst I have ever encountered. I would say Buyee has no customer service or service recovery at all.

Everything is customer fault and end up I have to pay the unnecessary 1,500 yen for the extra protection that I NEVER choose. If I don't pay, I will not have the items shipped home. From there on, any new purchase I just ship 1 item at a time to avoid such system fault and pay unnecessary money.

I would have given Buyee 5 stars but the customer service just pull all down. Maybe Mercari can consider to have another partnership or agent for oversea customers to choose. Hopefully this will drive Buyee to has a proper customer service.
mauriciov11
May 9th, 2020
From the set up to completing my purchase, the whole experience was pretty easy and simple. With so many items available that you either can't get here in the States or are much more expensive, Buyee makes it a great platform to be able to shop and save money. It's also really convenient to have so many different websites/stores to choose from :) I definitely recommend Buyee if you're looking for items that you might only be able to find in Japan but live elsewhere.
isabelan5
June 21st, 2020
I made some purchases through Buyee and I highly recommend! It is the easiest way to buy things directly from Japan that I found. The fees are cheap and the website is very well organized (is easy to find what you want). They offer useful additional services at an affordable price, have several shipping options and are always giving coupons with great discounts too.
taufeeqa1
September 17th, 2020
I have been using Buyee for about 2 years already and I have not found any other better websites than Buyee. The products that I have made and received are all in good conditions and there are no problems. Buyee's services and promotions drives me to buy more as their promotion benefits me as I kept on spending. I would say Buyee's customer service are doing a great job in assisting me on my shipping problems especially during this COVID-19 pandemic. Overall, if you are looking to buy items from Japan without going there, Buyee is your best choice.
paulinal19
December 3rd, 2020
I'm always very satisfied with purchasing items on Buyee. You can find many unique things for quite reasonable prices. From time to time the website offers coupons, so that the items You purchase or shipping get cheaper. The items You order are purchased reay fast. It usually also doesn't take a lot of days for them to come to the Buyee warehouse. When it comes to the Customer Service, they respond quite quickly, which is also very good. I'm generally satisfied with purchasing on Buyee.
teddyt14
October 22nd, 2020
Hi! Recently I have bought lots items from Buyee, especially Tomica diecast and Starbucks mini cups.
I can find more variety items'products that I am looking for.
There are some items that I can't find at other sites like Ebay, Amazon, etc.
In here Buyee sites, I can get more items that I want.
Hope I can get more varieties items for my collection.
Hopefully, I can get the coupon discount for my incoming international shipping cost.
Thank you.
Regards,
Teddy

Tip for consumers:
I am very recommend Buyee to those who like to collect his/her needs.

Products used:
I purchased Tomica Diecast and Starbucks mini cups

sylvians
July 19th, 2020
So happy to grab an unused Laserdisc of Hiroshima Mon Amour at Yahoo! Japan Auction. I've seen one in a local shop 30 years ago but I couldn't afford it at that time.

It's not my first time to use Buyee's service and I am very satisfied with their service. Sometimes, you can get discount coupons from their website but it really depends on your luck.
richardf385
September 3rd, 2020
Very helpful proxy shipping service and reasonable fees, especially if we want to import from Japan but sellers don't take American credit cards or ship to the US, such as from suruga Japan. Also could bid from yahoo Japan auctions

Pretty good packing and consolidation of packages if needed. Have been using them for several years so far with no problem. The buyee website is clear to navigate and check order status as well.
harryl141
June 15th, 2020
I have been using Buyee for 3 years, and I really enjoy using it to obtain many quality items from Japan. But, recently I realize that buying from other stores via Buyee will take more than 24 hours to have my order placed. I have missed the time sale from some online shops on several occasions. I hope Buyee could improve the service of buying from other stores. Thanks!
prakits
May 21st, 2020
I normally do not shop online much but after visiting Buyee, I never stop shopping online. There is a lot of Japanese staffs and brands as well as used items which is under great and superb condition at very reasonable price... Only thing I always request to improve is to reduce fees or to have more promotion campaign. Enjoy shopping, cheers!
ct348
November 21st, 2020
During the 11.11 Buyee had some really also free service fee, daily coupons, free ship coupons and deals. I managed to find a doll costume for 2000 yen, paid zero service fee (which is normally 500 yen now 0 yen) and used a 500 yen free international shipping coupon! Shipping came out to be 650 yen but with the coupon I only paid 150 yen for small packet air! It was awesome... literally got the item at a discounted second hand price and literally shipping to be free... I can't wait for more coupon deals in December if there is any!
adrianag106
December 17th, 2020
Good website buy every week from Mercari and give discount or promotions every month ship to U. S comes fast
sunghol
May 21st, 2020
Buyee gives you several shipping options (depending on weight). They will only show you auctions where the seller is willing to ship internationally. The only thing I think could add combined shipping. I need to send individually, but sometimes I want to combine shipping. Some auctions are prohibited from sale as of the title, possibly indicating a junk item. Buyee is heaven for Hobbies, who prefers Japanese stuff.
anahir3
May 30th, 2020
Currently i'm using this website for the first time to buy from japan mercari and so far it has been effortlessly easy to use and navigate! Some might shy away from all the fees however the website also has frequent promotions that can help buyers save on items and shipping costs. I highly recommend this to find rare and unique items from japan and i'll definitely be go back to the site in the future :)
rustg
August 7th, 2020
Very good market place, combined different and most biggest Japanese online stores and markets.

Good opportunity to buy some music on different sources. Prompt delivery abroad.
Some promotions are very useful. Only one reservation concerning combined shipment from domestic Sellers, it will be nice to make this offer for us, frequent buyers.
kanp1
November 21st, 2020
User friendly/ many choices of shopping sites/ variety of brands and products/ warm and gives prompt reply to enquiries / efficient services e. G fast trade with seller, clear status of delivery from seller to warehouse consolidation of package and postage/ free of domestic postal fee most often for items from Mercari.

Some areas that wish Buyee can give us a bonus :) e.g. Continuous free of Buyee service and payment fee / allow or encourage trade between certain sellers / shopping sites that currently blocked/ resume free of charge of storage in warehouse with no limitation of time of retention / free of consolidation fee if packages not more than five items e.g. coupons issued can be used without limitation of item price
user698
November 18th, 2020
I'm probably fortunate not to have experienced any issues with this company as far as mishaps are concerned, but being able to speak Japanese probably helps a lot (although in most cases, customer support, in the few times I've had to use it, still replies in English.)

Shipping charges are very fair, but I agree with Darren that package consolidation would be less expensive and more economical if the items were repackaged into a smaller container, though I suppose it allows for privacy of items (and in my case, I get to collect postage stamps for my personal collection) to keep it the way it currently is. Not relevant if your country of residence inspects all packages anyway (like many countries I've lived in.)

I also want to buy telephone cards for collections since I do not currently live in Japan, and Buyee is a more reliable way for me to get goods from Japan now that the pandemic does not allow me to go home to my prefecture, but I understand if import laws prohibit this.

Tip for consumers:
I buy multiple items from the same seller in Mercari, and with the purchase fee, the Buyee service fee + purchase fee could stack up very quick especially for small items. The 11.11 Singles Day sale was great for smaller items (which I buy more of than big items, most items I buy are less than 3000円) but most days I would advise buying items that are at least 2000 yen to make it more worth your time due to the 500円 per purchase. Look out for promotions that give a discount for shipping fee!

Products used:
Almost everything! (笑)
Some items I've given as gifts to friends but almost everything is for me!

normundsm
August 7th, 2020
Very big choise for lovest prices which in EU. Hi quality audio technica amplifiers, cassette decks, reel to reel recorders, turntables with best Japanese qality. Very rare collectable pieces prime from Japan. Good packaging and service.
johnl3340
November 28th, 2020
I've been using Buyee for many years now and it's really easy to use. The bidding process on sites like Yahoo Auctions works great as well, bids are processed fast and efficiently.

They handled my orders swiftly and with care. Never had any issues with them up to date. Highly recommended!
petero217
June 12th, 2020
I love using Buyee to buy from Mercari Japan!

Other Japanese buying services charge a fortune for buying from Mercari's JP market, but Buyee is very VERY reasonable, and I've managed to buy items that I would never otherwise been able to get from Japan!

I recommend Buyee to everyone shopping for items from Japan!
richardl914
April 15th, 2020
I have complained repeately about the "Lite Plan" should be set as default to avoid the system mistickenly set back the bidding to "Standard Plan", and therefore cost more fees than necessary as a result.
Unfortunately my voice had been fallen into deaf ears of Buyee's Customer Service.

But as a over 7-years costomer since 2013, I would still recommend Buyee for Yahoo! Auction JAPAN.
jenniferb1484
May 15th, 2020
I LOVE Mercari.jp because they have such a wide variety of items that beats fril.jp hands down, the only drawback... Mercari sellers can be a bit choosy when it comes to buyers so I have to go through a proxy to get my sweet sailor moon merch or sarasa clip supplies. In Comes Buyee. (* v *)b
Buyee allows me to purchase ALMOST anything but I have to use their service at certain times of the day to make sure the item I selected gets bought successfully before someone else grabs it, time zones make a big difference because Mercari.jp is a japanese app and I don't have the advantage of just buying something without Buyee's help.
Buyee has a really great customer service team, if I have inquires, I simply shoot an email and I get a response that night which is fantastic.
For example: I wanted to purchase a few sarasa refills but the seller included a perfume in the set, I was devastated because perfume contains alcohol and thus cannot be shipped via buyee's guidelines. But one quick zip of an email with a suggestion about removing the perfume worked out in my favor, the buyee customer service team were quick to help and happy ending I got to buy my refills.
I like Buyee's constant promotions but truth be told I really miss the FREE SHIPPING coupons they used to give out, 500 yen is not enough when the order is past $100. I'll keep saying it until I log in and see that shiny beautiful FREE INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING COUPON, other than that I also miss the free service fee coupon too. I like to save money so buying cheap items is great but when you take on 500 yen to a 300 yen item it can be a bitter sweet buy at times (I still make the purchase if I really want the item though).
Anyways, All in all Buyee is a great service to use (when their behaving) they have excellent coupons and the customer service is a breath of fresh air with how polite and quick they respond to questions or any other concerns you might have. Just be mindful of the 500 yen service fee, when you shop with that in mind, it makes things easier trust me.
I totally recommend Buyee.
owaisf1
August 7th, 2020
I highly recommended using Buyee.jp for JDM item. I did more than $10,000 transaction with them and I do not have any issue. The customer service of Buyee.JP is very helpful if you are not sure about the product.

Some features I like about Buyee.jp

The shipping service is fast and insured.
The multiple payment methods.
You can consolidate multiple items and ship out in one shot.
31days free storage.

There is an easy link to Buyee on Yahoo Japan Auctions. I tried it and the company has been very good.

By R S.