Review of Buyee

Buyee reviews

samuelp47
1/14/20
Buyee's website is complex to navigate and you will continue to discover new fees at every turn. If you end up paying less for shipping than the items cost, you've done well. Staff are inflexible and even when they make mistakes there are no refunds, no compensation, and no compromises or negotiation. Stay away unless you are willing and ready to throw buckets of money towards the land of the rising sun. Take what you might reasonably expect to pay, and double it. Do NOT recommend. Oh, and my items themselves? Some arrived damaged as well. Sigh. Worst shipping forwarder I've ever dealt with.
sead2
1/13/20
They got me for $100 (over normal) on shipping fees. No customer support. They will not honor the shipping prices quoted, so when you go to ship, it is always more expensive.
josephc1193
1/10/20
worst customer service, i waited 5 hours and no one responded on their online customer support.
and there is no number to call so you can only either wait for them to reply your email (which is extremely slow) or their ridiculous online support. i will not use them ever again.
airielr
11/7/19
The worst company (transfer item from Japan) ever......I am incredibly disappointed at their service. They did not tell me how much is shipping combine or separate shipment until I finished payment.......After I finish payment, there are many cheaper options arise...plus you can NOT modify anything if you already paid. They do not have pre-confirmation page before payment.
I complained to customer service how come you cannot tell me how much I am paying for shipping (separately or individually or many other shipment option) but I have to pay "Surprise" price after I randomly chose the method and gave you my Credit card number. Then they told me "We do not know. Just luck sometimes." How come it is not illegal to do business/payment like this?
ashiam1
9/5/19
Children can run a better operation. Anything goes wrong (And it Will) you will lose everything. Insurance, protection all of that is a scam. You will received damaged items from the Seller or even Buyee is Known to damage the items themselves during "Inspection" or "Wrapping". Lowest tier paid idiots handling this.

You will never get your money back. Even with Insurance. They will send bland cut and paste emails telling you they are right. Even though they are dead wrong.

Please. Do not get ripped off like the rest of us.
aikeenl
8/29/19
Basically, bought a bunch of stuff off Buyee and the first few were fine. Here's where the problem kicked in: One seller was letting go of 2 boxes of stuff, which was supposed to be sent to the warehouse together. The seller accidentally sent the stuff separately and basically the warehouse received two separate domestic shipments instead of one. I know the weight of the product, and so when Buyee quoted the weight to be slightly heavier than the combined weight for both boxes, I proceeded to check out because everything seemed perfectly normal.

One day later, the shipment was shipped and I got the notification to settle my outstanding shipment. To my horror, it was the same product number and name, with the same exact weight that was quoted. Basically Buyee ONLY CONVENIENTLY told me that the seller split the domestic shipping into two by mistake and they couldn't so anything about it because I already paid for the shipment.

So here's the thing:
1. I've received the parcel and weighed the parcel with the packaging still intact and it was less than HALF the weight quoted. This meant that Buyee didn't even weigh the actual parcel and just conveniently quoted a random figure which jacked up shipping costs. Secondly, they made me pay for the other half of the parcel to be shipped out with THE EXACT SAME WEIGHT, and I know for sure it's not gonna be that heavy. Basically I paid double of shipping +20 bucks for the misquoted weight. I sent screenshots via email and they basically said "we will get back to you".

Just 5 minutes ago, my second parcel was notified to have been shipped and they CONVENIENTLY replied saying that they couldn't do anything about it now. Seriously?

1. Buyee will choose to ignore you when it comes to payment issues and complaints they find difficult to deal with even though they messed up

2. Buyee is obviously ripping your money off by misquoting the weight of parcels

3. Buyee is denying of themselves scamming customers even after pictures of proof.

I can speak both Japanese and English, but communication is still an issue because BUYEE SIMPLY CHOSE NOT TO COMMUNICATE.

This is the last straw for any service, I'm outta here. By the way, this is my first time trying out Buyee. Been using other proxies and never have I been ripped off to such an extent before. Mind you I'm not even complaining about their hidden costs which other proxies like zenmarket make transparent unlike Buyee. This incident just made me feel that Buyee treats all their customers as money harvesting animals. Case in point, just look at the shipment details for the same items.

Use at your own risk.
shureno
11/27/18
It's a good site if u know how to put up and or navigate it. I've used it over a span of 5 or more years so I know my stuff.
Yes I've seen the bad review's and I agree that the site could be more polished & at least notify customer's of any problems going on with payment processing which is usually on their end. However I use it as a proxy site, I get what I want so nothing else matter's to me. In the end I give it 5/5. A lot of critic reviews on here are BS as you should already know their are limitations on what you can import, & why complain about CS when you don't even take the time to learn their language?
stephent65
2/19/18
I joined up and won to items, I wanted to pay via PayPal but their system prompted that there was an error. I contacted PayPal and was told the issue was not from their end. Even though it was a bank holiday, I managed to verify with my bank that the issue is not from their end either. Hence I proceeded to contact buyee to inform them of my problem. However, before I could get a reply from them, my account had been blocked. Feeling frustrated as I took the trouble just to want to pay (do you know the difficulty in getting a response from the bank during a bank holiday) I decided to just give up on their website all together. Fours days later I got a reply from buyee saying that my account has been unblock and that I have an outstanding with them even though the error message issued was not resolved. Hence I have decided to just ignore them as how they have ignored me. To those who wishes to join them, my advice is to look for a better alternative instead.
andreib
1/17/16
It is an intermediary for foreigners buying in Japanese stores. There is a list of prohibited items for purchase, which is logical. However, the staff, with whom customers communicate through email, does the work of mediocre and unceremoniously. I have repeatedly demanded the lifting of the ban on the purchase of various items that do not reflect the list. For example, I refused to purchase stingray skins (everybody can buy this at Ebay without restrictions). My claim to provide email of the chief to complaint remains unsatisfied. My claim to specify a group of prohibited goods where the skins are included - the same. In many of my requirements klerk- "answering machine" named Teresa replied, "what kind of response do you want?".
Clerks of Buyee are unqualified and indifferent to the needs of customers. No email for complaints. If you do not want a hopeless situation, refrain from primitive Buyee`s service. There are many similar companies with the same services offered.

Questions? Get answers from the Buyee staff and other customers.

4 Photos for Buyee