Buyee

Buyee has a consumer rating of 4.09 stars from 143 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Buyee also ranks 13th among Mail Forwarding sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 81.4%

• My favorite website is Mercari, where I can buy genuine Japanese items which I never find anywhere else.
  • When emailing for help Customer support responded quickly, and always provide good assistance Here I am very impressed.

• worst customer service, i waited 5 hours and no one responded on their online customer support.
How would you rate Buyee?

“Dream comes true”

Sylvian S.
7/19/20

So happy to grab an unused Laserdisc of Hiroshima Mon Amour at Yahoo! Japan Auction. I've seen one in a local shop 30 years ago but I couldn't afford it at that time. It's not my first time to use Buyee's service and I am very satisfied with their service. Sometimes, you can get discount coupons from their website but it really depends on your luck.

“Worst”

Andrew C.
2/5/20

Try avoid this proxy website if you can. First, they have the worst customer service. Second, They charge package consolidation fees and other nonsense fees. Third, there is no sense of warning Billing and Shipping addresses differences so they will not cancel after you paid for shipping, which is ridiculous. I never had a problem with other Japanese proxy buying website except for BUYEE. Again, I would not recommend BUYEE for someone who is trying to buy stuff in Japan through a proxy website.

customer service (22) japanese items (5) customer support (7) yahoo auctions (5) service fee (12) japan auction (6) yahoo japan (5) service fees (3)
mauriciov11
May 9th, 2020
From the set up to completing my purchase, the whole experience was pretty easy and simple. With so many items available that you either can't get here in the States or are much more expensive, Buyee makes it a great platform to be able to shop and save money. It's also really convenient to have so many different websites/stores to choose from :) I definitely recommend Buyee if you're looking for items that you might only be able to find in Japan but live elsewhere.
martah27
March 12th, 2020
Well, when I started using this site I was happy with its service, because I only bought one item at a time. The problem came when I was charged the infamous package consolidation fee, which is nonsense, and some of my colleagues had the same problem; it does't make sense and feels like scamming your clients. Their costumer service doesn't provide an explanation always and they're inflexible, they do not help the costumer. Also, if an item comes in a bad condition there's no way to get refunded. I'm very disappointed at this moment.
isabelan5
June 21st, 2020
I made some purchases through Buyee and I highly recommend! It is the easiest way to buy things directly from Japan that I found. The fees are cheap and the website is very well organized (is easy to find what you want). They offer useful additional services at an affordable price, have several shipping options and are always giving coupons with great discounts too.
sylvians
July 19th, 2020

harryl141
June 15th, 2020
I have been using Buyee for 3 years, and I really enjoy using it to obtain many quality items from Japan. But, recently I realize that buying from other stores via Buyee will take more than 24 hours to have my order placed. I have missed the time sale from some online shops on several occasions. I hope Buyee could improve the service of buying from other stores. Thanks!
prakits
May 21st, 2020
I normally do not shop online much but after visiting Buyee, I never stop shopping online. There is a lot of Japanese staffs and brands as well as used items which is under great and superb condition at very reasonable price...Only thing I always request to improve is to reduce fees or to have more promotion campaign. Enjoy shopping, cheers!!!!
sunghol
May 21st, 2020
Buyee gives you several shipping options (depending on weight). They will only show you auctions where the seller is willing to ship internationally. The only thing I think could add combined shipping. I need to send individually, but sometimes I want to combine shipping. Some auctions are prohibited from sale as of the title, possibly indicating a junk item. Buyee is heaven for Hobbies, who prefers Japanese stuff.
anahir3
May 30th, 2020
Currently i'm using this website for the first time to buy from japan mercari and so far it has been effortlessly easy to use and navigate! some might shy away from all the fees however the website also has frequent promotions that can help buyers save on items and shipping costs. i highly recommend this to find rare and unique items from japan and i'll definitely be go back to the site in the future :)
andrewc682
February 5th, 2020
Try avoid this proxy website if you can.

First, they have the worst customer service.

Second, They charge package consolidation fees and other nonsense fees.

paid for shipping, which is ridiculous.

petero217
June 12th, 2020
I love using Buyee to buy from Mercari Japan!

Other Japanese buying services charge a fortune for buying from Mercari's JP market, but Buyee is very VERY reasonable, and I've managed to buy items that I would never otherwise been able to get from Japan!

I recommend Buyee to everyone shopping for items from Japan!
jenniferb1484
May 15th, 2020
I LOVE Mercari.jp because they have such a wide variety of items that beats fril.jp hands down, the only drawback....Mercari sellers can be a bit choosy when it comes to buyers so I have to go through a proxy to get my sweet sailor moon merch or sarasa clip supplies. In Comes Buyee. (* v *)b
Buyee allows me to purchase ALMOST anything but I have to use their service at certain times of the day to make sure the item I selected gets bought successfully before someone else grabs it, time zones make a big difference because Mercari.jp is a japanese app and I don't have the advantage of just buying something without Buyee's help.
Buyee has a really great customer service team, if I have inquires, I simply shoot an email and I get a response that night which is fantastic.
For example: I wanted to purchase a few sarasa refills but the seller included a perfume in the set, I was devastated because perfume contains alcohol and thus cannot be shipped via buyee's guidelines. But one quick zip of an email with a suggestion about removing the perfume worked out in my favor, the buyee customer service team were quick to help and happy ending I got to buy my refills.
I like Buyee's constant promotions but truth be told I really miss the FREE SHIPPING coupons they used to give out, 500 yen is not enough when the order is past $100. I'll keep saying it until I log in and see that shiny beautiful FREE INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING COUPON, other than that I also miss the free service fee coupon too. I like to save money so buying cheap items is great but when you take on 500 yen to a 300 yen item it can be a bitter sweet buy at times (I still make the purchase if I really want the item though).
Anyways, All in all Buyee is a great service to use (when their behaving) they have excellent coupons and the customer service is a breath of fresh air with how polite and quick they respond to questions or any other concerns you might have. Just be mindful of the 500 yen service fee, when you shop with that in mind, it makes things easier trust me.
I totally recommend Buyee.
richardl914
April 15th, 2020
Great service to get hard to find items on Yahoo! JAPAN Auction
Frequent promotional coupons offer great savings.
7-years customer since 2003, never lost an item.
Highly recommended.
claudioc34
May 9th, 2020
Great. users friendly
almost perfect
only search engine can be improved
take a trip in buyee to buy in japan
nipitponp
May 21st, 2020
I am Japanese toy collector. How to reach them?
Buyee can help me!!
There are many rare items (Toys) which can't reach in my country.
I am impressed with the service.
engt3
June 4th, 2020
Best so far. Keep you updated on every step. The re-packaging services is top class.
Consolidate your shipment and ask for re-packaging, it is a must.

Tip for consumers: Consolidate your shipment and ask for re-packaging.

jamesc2476
July 10th, 2020
Buying at MERCARI with buyee is much better than at Yahoo auctions. Because no more internal shipping costs in Japan frome the seller to BUYEE. It is also a "buy it now" process, but sometimes some orders cannot succesfully process. I bought many different things, like MICKEY puppet or old retrogaming games. Promotions are good but not steady yet.
torstenb3
July 3rd, 2020
Great in all categories!!! Shipping, Layout, Stock an presentation are excellent!!! Except some service fees are too high!
samuelp47
January 14th, 2020
Buyee's website is complex to navigate and you will continue to discover new fees at every turn. If you end up paying less for shipping than the items cost, you've done well. Staff are inflexible and even when they make mistakes there are no refunds, no compensation, and no compromises or negotiation. Stay away unless you are willing and ready to throw buckets of money towards the land of the rising sun. Take what you might reasonably expect to pay, and double it. Do NOT recommend. Oh, and my items themselves? Some arrived damaged as well. Sigh. Worst shipping forwarder I've ever dealt with.
chenjiey
June 27th, 2020
I made an order with Buyee to ship my package using Seamail and payment went through without any issue.
A few days later Buyee contacted me saying JP post returned my package because it's oversized for Seamail. (Their system told me nothing about the dimension of the shipment at the checkout page)
Now my only option is DHL, which is triple the price. They denied my refund and refused my request to split shipment into smaller packages.
I now have to call my credit card company and file a fraud dispute because they pulled a bait and switch on me, ate my payment, and holding my shipment hostage.
waxw
June 18th, 2020
I have used Buyee to purchase several vintage stereo items from Japan.
Japanese products are of outstanding quality, and Buyee provides an convenient way to purchase.
The service is easy to use but the website, particularly with regard to the shipping process, needs to be improved. Buyee's customer service promptly responded to my inquiries about my packages. Impressive.

The only problem with Buyee is that international shipping costs are really very high. Aliexpress sells low quality products from China appears to use some type of subsidized shipping scheme because the international shipping costs are lower than sending a letter from one city in Canada to another.

I'd far rather buy from Japan than anywhere else and if shipping were cheaper, I'd use the service a lot more.
Overall, its a very reliable service with good customer service.
tinay54
May 28th, 2020
I am a collector and especially like all the cute and rare items only found in Japan! Recently there was a Card Captor Sakura Kuji that was exclusively sold in Japan only. I was able to look up the item on Yahoo Auctions and snipe bid and win the item I wanted using Buyee. The best part is it is hassle free for me, I just need for it to arrive at the warehouse and ship, it's that easy. I had the option of EMS, DHL, Airmail, Surface mail so I shipped it using airmail. I like that there is mutiple Shipping options for me. Also I was a little worried during Covid 19 that services will be severely interrupted but to my surprise it has been quite smooth! This item shipping out on May 15 and was delivered to me on June 10. Things usually ship out of japan the very next day I make payment! Very reliable service! Highly recommended.
daik3
July 17th, 2020
I have been using Buyee as a proxy buying service for all things Japanese since 2017. They've been really great and is always the first service I recommend to friends. Of the few times when I needed customer service, they have shown dedication and been very accommodating (I had previously requested things like reducing the packaging size and material before shipping).
claudiag139
June 3rd, 2020
My friends and I are using this proxy service since a couple of years now and we´re never disappointed.
I´m using Buyee often on Mercari to get goods from my favourite Anime/ Manga series or mostly for goods from my beloved Japanese bands which are already sold out.

They´ve got several shipping options depending on the weight, so you can choose the cheapest shipping method.

Fees may a little bit high but they frequently offer coupons to exclude the service fee or %-off coupons for international shipping.

All in all easy and convenient to use.
carolenah
June 12th, 2020
Thank you! I really like the international shipping but sometimes I wish it wasn't so expensive. I'm still happy shopping
charo5
May 23rd, 2020
I've used Buyee twice now to buy car scale models that are not easily available outside of Japan from Yahoo! Auctions. While the cost of the item may be cheap, the shipping can amount to a substantial amount that is twice or thrice the original item cost, despite the item being small and light. Nevertheless, the whole experience is smooth and I have no reservations in recommending Buyee to others.

I was able to find a plush I'd been seeking for months on Yahoo Auctions and, since Buyee has an automated bidding system, I was able to win it for the buyout price then and there instead of waiting for someone else to process my order!

See more answers (3)

Its much easier to process bids/orders myself than it is to wait hours for someone else to do it when my item may be purchased by another buyer in the meantime.

See more answers (3)

Zen market is way cheaper than Buyee. Buyee has too many hidden fees and they're service is trash. They won't give you refunds if your package is lost.

By Marlon R.