Review of Joss & Main

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

christinev24
5/24/17

I ordered a kitchen island, and I saw the item much cheaper at another location. The day after I purchased the item, I cancelled the order online. They sent me an email stating that my cancellation had been DENIED. A person named Nicole Donahue called me and stated that the item has been shipped already, and that I would need to pay for the return costs. I cancelled within one day, and they are not allowing me to cancel within one day, and now are charging me hundreds of dollars to pay for the item to return. I NEVER EVEN SAW THE ITEM, and IMMEDIATELY cancelled within one day. They are attempting to scam me out of RETURN COSTS when I cancelled immediately. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY, THEY ARE ILLEGALLY trying to extort money for this item that I never received, cancelled within one day, and have no intention of buying. They stated that I was "confused." What a scam artist. IF you have any sense, do not order from this company

tm133
5/17/17

Don't ever order a large parcel item from Joss & Main or Wayfair. In order to cut down on shipping costs your item will sit at the consolidation center for weeks or months before it is finally shipped to you. Whatever date they give you for the expected delivery date on these large items is also bogus. They do whatever it takes to cut costs on shipping big items and your delivery date isn't even a small factor. This is not an acceptable operating model, but when you call or email nobody understands why being a month late isn't okay. They're not transparent at all about the delivery expectations when you place the order, so there's no reason to purchase a large from them unless you want to risk waiting 2 months or more.

Tip for consumers: Don't trust the delivery date

renissar
5/3/17

After receiving a confirmation email on my outdoor sectional, I realized upon reviewing, that they changed my order to another sectional. I immediatley informed them of their error and replied that I would have to pay for return shipping in order for them to send what I actually ordered!

sh17435
4/18/17

They indicate that you can cancel an order unless it has already shipped or is a custom order, BUT I tried to cancel an order because I found the items MUCH cheaper elsewhere online and even though my order had not been shipped yet according to their website, I was sent an e-mail saying it could not be cancelled because it had already shipped. SO, 1) Don't let their blurb that they are a great bargain fool you - they are cheaper than some some places but a lot more expensive than others. 2) Become psychic if you can so you can know for sure whether your order has been shipped since they told me via e-mail mine had been even though their website indicated otherwise! Are they that desperate for business?? Do you want to do business with a company that is??

donnab183
4/14/17

Ordered a queen tufted platform bed. I love it. It's good quality and very sturdy. Happy customer.

joselynnr
4/4/17

I ordered a bed off the website and when I finally received after waiting almost a month; the bed was missing the 4 major pieces I needed if I even wanted to set the bed up! I I was inconvenienced and now have to sleep on the floor on my mattress until the other pieces come in! Will never order from this site again!

raquelb11
3/30/17

I've shopped with them for three years now and have always received the items on time, great packaging and with no issues.

As a responsible consumer, always do your due diligence. That's the only way you will know if it's a true bargain. They won't always be the least expensive but at the end of the day the decision is only yours to make. You might find it elsewhere at a higher price, lower price and sometimes might not even find it anywhere else but Joss & Main.

I've been extremely pleased with all my purchases and sometimes they will even surprise me with sending me more than I ordered without charging me extra.

By the second purchase, maybe third, you will know if this site is for you.

As of now, I have no intentions of quitting them. It's been a wonderful and helpful experience in shopping with them.

Either way, good luck & all the best!

candym15
3/26/17

Over the past year I placed 4 orders. What says in stock and 2 day shipping never even ships until weeks later. 2 orders went to backorder after a week of not shipping. If they even get it back I'm stock. 2 orders cancelled. Customer service just reads a robot script. They don't care.

damaskr
3/15/17

They lie about their price discounts. You can find the same peices elsewhere for much cheaper.. houzz is a great alternative for example. I learned the hard way.

monicas76
2/25/17

I ordered a bed in jan it said it would arrive in about 30 days. Ok now I get a call from the delivery service that says 2 more weeks. Really 6 weeks. I tried to cancel my order 2 days after ordering they said I could not do that because it has already shipped then 2 weeks later they said they shipped my item. Umm what? After tons of emails which has gotten me no where, I'm sending the item back in sure I will be getting screwed over this too. By at this point I will not keep the item because the service is so bad. If the item ever gets to me. Don't waste your time or money with this company

tiffanyh58
2/17/17

I had a horrible experience with Joss & Main. I ordered a bedroom vanity that was backordered twice. After waiting a month, the item was available and I quickly paid for it and waited on shipment information. The bedroom vanity shipped and when it arrived it looked strangely like a flower armchair. Oh wait, it WAS an armchair and they had shipped the wrong item. I waited another 2 weeks and received the actual vanity with PARTS MISSING! I called and asked what was going on and explained my situation. Two weeks later, the parts arrive and they are HORRIBLE QUALITY! The pieces were scratched up and some of the paint was missing in parts. I wrote a letter and heard from a nice gentleman who seemed concerned and asked whether I wanted to return it or keep it at a DEEPLY discounted rate. I was so tired of the whole thing that I said I would keep it and re-paint the item on my own. The DEEP DISCOUNT WAS $30! This is company is a total nightmare.

michelled113
2/11/17

The furniture is absolutely beautiful and the pricing fits my budget. They actually can charge much more than what they do and have no problems acquiring customers. The colors match perfectly to the advertised photos. The quality is fantastic and I'm extremely happy with their products. A little advice for some, mix and match. Purchase your large pieces from Joss & Main and then go to Big Lot, Ross Ect...for smaller items. People assume that I hired a professional to do my apartment. I did not. I did it all myself and you can too if you really like shopping for furniture and knick knacks. May I suggest using the Joss & Main website or App to view really cool living room and bedroom designs. I've copied a couple. Its a great company and I've had nothing but a great experience with them.

andreas350
2/7/17

I ordered two chairs and they were delivered to the wrong address. I called customer service 3 times, First Lady was nice but didn't know what she was doing, second guy hung up on me and never called back, so I called again and the lady was extremely rude! My shipment date was for February 20th but due to the fact it was delivered early and to the wrong place they can't guarantee that it will come that date again. Terrible experience!!

gailh70
1/31/17

I have ordered several items and had to return a couple just because I changed my mind on one and had a problem with the other. No problems at all with returns and refunds received very fast. Items always received quickly and those I have kept have been great quality and great prices. Customer service is topnotch -- friendly and extremely helpful --and I will continue to "shop" with them.

lisaa146
1/23/17

Joss Main / WayFair/ All Modern

they are all the same company. I ordered a bed in October 2016 - in November I called to ask where was my bed ( they promised 2 week delivery) They told me it was on back order ( I called them they never notified me ) They told me in December the bed was shipped and wouldn't arrive until January as their slow moving trucks come from California and it takes a month to get to Florida. I called them in February to ask "where is my bed" they told me it was sitting in a warehouse in Miami. I called the warehouse to deliver and they told me that only 2 of the 3 pieces arrived. I call back Joss and Main and they told the third piece is on BACKORDER again until APRIL ...

Meanwhile they asked me if I wanted a $100 discount because of the problems. Make not that it's ME contacting them - Horrible customer service and HORRIBLE company (companies) PLease listen to me when I tell you that this is the most stressful online order of my life. They could care less that I ordered and PAID for a Bed in October of 2016 and I will not get the bed now until APRIL of 2017 and I am sure something else will go wrong -- I am obviously giving up and canceling my order. Buyer Beware. Use Amazon Prime or another furniture store. Stay far far away from this company.

brendah77
1/16/17

I am very pleased with my purchase it bought the cute lamps for my bedroom and there is the perfect amount of light if a person wants to read next to them

johnr423
1/12/17

Be warned. Joss & Main, WayFair (or WayCrooks) is the Ross of the internet but worse. These companies are the same, and they buy from cheap suppliers who do something really tricky. These suppliers create dozens of brands for their same product and then try to sell them at different rates. See attached pictures. Be warned: buy from another vendor or risk overpaying for products. Just remember, if you see the same picture but different prices and brand names on different websites you are experiencing what we in the industry call a scam.

alysonk3
1/11/17

Ordered a king headboard on 12/21/16. No one can find the headboard even though it says on the tracking meter that it's ready for delivery. They have a very backwards system for being everywhere on the internet. Never order from them. If I could give them a zero I would. Don't waste your time. I would be surprised if I actually get my credit on time. Horrible!!

leighc24
1/5/17

I received a thoughtful gift from a friend, but the product arrived with a sticker that states it is produced with know cancer and birth defect producing chemicals. That is not something I want in my home! Why would a company sell a harmful product? I can not return and get a refund only store creditI -would not purchase from this company.

reneem45
12/29/16

I can only say the very best of things for this company! I ordered a bed for my parents but accidentally ordered the wrong color. They went above and beyond to make sure they got the right bed shopped in time for Christmas and without charging me for MY mistake! What company does that? None! I ordered another bed from Restoration Hardware last year and that is where i received both a poor quality bed and the worst customer service on the planet. That is one company that I wish would go out of business. Joss and Main, I want to personally thank you for everything you did to ensure my parents had one of the happiest Christmases because of what you did to help me. This wasn't my first order and it definitely won't be the last. Also, for anyone else reading these reviews, it looks like the last person that wrote a review, wrote multiple reviews with different alias' to appear like it was different customers. Sorry you had a challenge with your order but let's be honest, they're far from a fraudulent company. They've been around for a very long time and have nice and reasonably priced items. I bet if you're a little nicer to them, and give them the opportunity to make it right, they will.

erice48
12/27/16

I ordered my item on November 28th for a December 2nd delivery. The delivery date has been changed 3 times. I have also called 3 times. They gave me the number for a local delivery partner that is not in service. I called back and now they claim that they don't know where my item is. Stay away from this company. I am starting to believe it is pure fraud.

johannaj2
12/21/16

This company gave me verbal assurance that I could return an item shipped in the wrong color, then requested I ship back to them at my cost for a refund of $00.00. Moreover, they have emailed me daily since, despite my request that they not.

rafav
12/20/16

Horrible service. Wish I could give this a zero. First off. I ordered an item end of November expected ship December 5th. Only to have fed ex drop it off at some random address. Never got the package. Called wayfair people responsible for shipping jossnmain things. The lady was nice put my re order in for no charge. Expected ship date December 16 perfect time before xmas. But no. Got an email that my items weren't being shipped until January 16th 2017. I would've been okay if I got a call a week ago but an email December 20th 5 days before xmas. Where the professionalism, not here. Hopefully they get it right this time and reimburse my money to my account and not some random account. I know $#*! happens. But could've been professional about it and call me to tell me the issue so I can look elsewhere. I'm one customer you lost. I know it's not a huge hit for you. But just maybe this review opens the eyes of a few people to not order from here because they don't care about customer service. They care about your money. No I don't want 10% off my next order for your screw up, I don't want a part of this company.

jennifers314
12/19/16

We ordered a coffee table and received one that appeared to have been dropped down a flight of stairs. After being told to throw it away or donate it by the company, we were sent a new one...the new one was completely destroyed! The top was broken off and the doors were missing, parts were flying around the box randomly. This is not a shipping problem either as the box looked virtually untouched so I don't blame fedex. Awful, awful, awful. Will never order from this company again!!

kimj80
12/14/16

We shop Amazon prime and are totally spoiled by their prompt deliver service. We ordered from Wayfair over the summer of 2016, a couch for our new cottage 3 hours from home. We sat and waited at our cottage the day it was supposed to be delivered. Never showed. I called Wayfair and they told me of a new delivery date, that they were behind on deliveries. I said the new date won't work, we will be at our home 3 hours from our cottage. I asked for a refund and got the run around and they were trying to charge me for the return fee! What?! This was your fault not mine. Joss and Main just did the same thing. Ordered tv media stand on November 28, today is December 14th and still no sign of our tv stand. I called them and the delivery date got pushed back by at least 7 business days and now not guaranteed delivery before Christmas!!!! I've called about that piece 3 different times and was told 3 different stories. So I asked for another refund, explained that we took our tv off of the wall and its sitting on a coffee table waiting for the new tv stand, and that we have 2 Christmas parties planned at our house and needed that piece to complete our room. Now we are going to have to go out in a foot of snow, 20 degrees out, find a replacement and a truck! Never will shop their company again. Never. Ever!!!! Horrible customer service and they again tried to charge me $91.00 for canceling. Ha! I think not!!!

74 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Joss & Main staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
christinec35
Christine C.
on 4/28/15
Answer
Questions? Get answers from the Joss & Main staff and other customers.

35 Photos for Joss & Main