Review of Joss & Main

Boston, MA 02115
service@jossandmain.com

vivianah
7/16/17

I bought some cushions from these guys (are they Wayfair or Joss&Main btw?- not clear) that I'm trying to return, but when I went to my account I got greeted by an "There are no orders associated with your account." Funny thing is that I've got the Order number and of course I got the cushions. I also got to the stupid message from a link in the same email they sent me to review the product... So, what's up with their record keeping?
Now I've had to communicate the old-fashion way, by email, wasting my time giving all the order details instead of it all being automatic and easy for returns, like in most up-to-date, modern websites. Come on people, this is the XXIst century!

williamd153
7/13/17

The only reason I chose this company was because they advertised free 2 day shipping on the item I was interested in. Not only was the item not shipped on the expected delivery date, after further investigation, it hasn't even been processed for shipping yet! The 'expected' shipping or delivery date provided by this company can not and should not be trusted. They clearly use deceptive sales tactics to get more business, and can not meet their promises. This is my first and last experience with Joss & Main!!

jlll
7/8/17

Ordered 2 chairs, one delivered with a stain. Easily just went online to my order and was able to explain damage through online form, now company is sending a brand new one in its place, no returns necessary. Super easy

melanieg37
7/5/17

Ordered 2 chairs, they arrived damaged. They sent replacement parts, they were also damaged (in same way as original). I called again ( and each call is easily 25 minutes) and was assured new parts would be sent, and checked by warehouse staff to be sure same damage was not present. Tracking # issued, parts never shipped. I called an additional 4 times, having the same conversation (and each time told managers were too busy to speak with me), with the same result. I finally sent an email threatening to stop payment via my credit card and immediately received a call and email from a manager. She agreed to send 2 completely new chairs ( and I again requested they be checked before shipment). Chair (ONLY 1!!) arrived, damaged again in the same way ( none of this damage is due to shipping - they are packed in the boxes with damage)! I have been on hold for 10 minutes trying to get someone on the phone, as the manage I was working with is now on vacation! WORST experience EVER, and a shame as I have ordered from Wayfair and it's other companies in the past and been very happy. They have lost a customer forever.

marym533
7/4/17

Long time customer no more. Product received was poorly constructed. Customer service non responsive. I do not recommend.

barbarad102
7/1/17

Arrived on time, took only 10 minutes to unpack and assemble, and the picture
on the site does not due it justice. I am extremely happy with my purchase and
delighted that I could use my rewards.

lyndap13
6/27/17

One of the worst customer service experiences I have ever had in my life. Unhelpful, rude customer service. Will never use this site again. Ordered a rug and they charged 139.00 to return a rug and could not provide proof of this cost. They entice customers with free shipment but never mentioned that you have to pay double the price for a return.

amyh168
6/13/17

Ordered patio furniture in April that clearly said "in stock" backordered now until at least end of July. Summer will be over before furniture arrives. Phone calls and emails have been made with the same result....waiting on fabric cover for ottoman. Not sure why this takes 3 months but company has less than stellar costumer service as well

rhondas62
6/9/17

I ordered something and paid extra for expidated delivery. The item has not been delivered as promised. I want my shipping charges refunded

jims264
5/31/17

We ordered Deidrian 84" Etagere on May 2. The estimated delivery date was May 23. Last week, I contacted them and they were unable to give me an update on delivery. The tracking number provided proved of no use. Today, May 31, we were notified that the order had been lost. We could re-order and it would be here by June 21. According to customer service representatives, they have no way to expedite delivery even though they "lost" the order. Oh, by the way, it will take 3-5 business days to process our refund. Funny... It didn't take that long to process our payment. Wayfair, Joss and Main and some other companies are all related. Wish I could find out what other companies so I could avoid them as well.
Cannot and will not recommend this company! Not happy!

christinev24
5/24/17

I ordered a kitchen island, and I saw the item much cheaper at another location. The day after I purchased the item, I cancelled the order online. They sent me an email stating that my cancellation had been DENIED. A person named Nicole Donahue called me and stated that the item has been shipped already, and that I would need to pay for the return costs. I cancelled within one day, and they are not allowing me to cancel within one day, and now are charging me hundreds of dollars to pay for the item to return. I NEVER EVEN SAW THE ITEM, and IMMEDIATELY cancelled within one day. They are attempting to scam me out of RETURN COSTS when I cancelled immediately. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY, THEY ARE ILLEGALLY trying to extort money for this item that I never received, cancelled within one day, and have no intention of buying. They stated that I was "confused." What a scam artist. IF you have any sense, do not order from this company

tm133
5/17/17

Don't ever order a large parcel item from Joss & Main or Wayfair. In order to cut down on shipping costs your item will sit at the consolidation center for weeks or months before it is finally shipped to you. Whatever date they give you for the expected delivery date on these large items is also bogus. They do whatever it takes to cut costs on shipping big items and your delivery date isn't even a small factor. This is not an acceptable operating model, but when you call or email nobody understands why being a month late isn't okay. They're not transparent at all about the delivery expectations when you place the order, so there's no reason to purchase a large from them unless you want to risk waiting 2 months or more.

Tip for consumers: Don't trust the delivery date

renissar
5/3/17

After receiving a confirmation email on my outdoor sectional, I realized upon reviewing, that they changed my order to another sectional. I immediatley informed them of their error and replied that I would have to pay for return shipping in order for them to send what I actually ordered!

sh17435
4/18/17

They indicate that you can cancel an order unless it has already shipped or is a custom order, BUT I tried to cancel an order because I found the items MUCH cheaper elsewhere online and even though my order had not been shipped yet according to their website, I was sent an e-mail saying it could not be cancelled because it had already shipped. SO, 1) Don't let their blurb that they are a great bargain fool you - they are cheaper than some some places but a lot more expensive than others. 2) Become psychic if you can so you can know for sure whether your order has been shipped since they told me via e-mail mine had been even though their website indicated otherwise! Are they that desperate for business?? Do you want to do business with a company that is??

donnab183
4/14/17

Ordered a queen tufted platform bed. I love it. It's good quality and very sturdy. Happy customer.

joselynnr
4/4/17

I ordered a bed off the website and when I finally received after waiting almost a month; the bed was missing the 4 major pieces I needed if I even wanted to set the bed up! I I was inconvenienced and now have to sleep on the floor on my mattress until the other pieces come in! Will never order from this site again!

raquelb11
3/30/17

I've shopped with them for three years now and have always received the items on time, great packaging and with no issues.

As a responsible consumer, always do your due diligence. That's the only way you will know if it's a true bargain. They won't always be the least expensive but at the end of the day the decision is only yours to make. You might find it elsewhere at a higher price, lower price and sometimes might not even find it anywhere else but Joss & Main.

I've been extremely pleased with all my purchases and sometimes they will even surprise me with sending me more than I ordered without charging me extra.

By the second purchase, maybe third, you will know if this site is for you.

As of now, I have no intentions of quitting them. It's been a wonderful and helpful experience in shopping with them.

Either way, good luck & all the best!

candym15
3/26/17

Over the past year I placed 4 orders. What says in stock and 2 day shipping never even ships until weeks later. 2 orders went to backorder after a week of not shipping. If they even get it back I'm stock. 2 orders cancelled. Customer service just reads a robot script. They don't care.

damaskr
3/15/17

They lie about their price discounts. You can find the same peices elsewhere for much cheaper.. houzz is a great alternative for example. I learned the hard way.

monicas76
2/25/17

I ordered a bed in jan it said it would arrive in about 30 days. Ok now I get a call from the delivery service that says 2 more weeks. Really 6 weeks. I tried to cancel my order 2 days after ordering they said I could not do that because it has already shipped then 2 weeks later they said they shipped my item. Umm what? After tons of emails which has gotten me no where, I'm sending the item back in sure I will be getting screwed over this too. By at this point I will not keep the item because the service is so bad. If the item ever gets to me. Don't waste your time or money with this company

tiffanyh58
2/17/17

I had a horrible experience with Joss & Main. I ordered a bedroom vanity that was backordered twice. After waiting a month, the item was available and I quickly paid for it and waited on shipment information. The bedroom vanity shipped and when it arrived it looked strangely like a flower armchair. Oh wait, it WAS an armchair and they had shipped the wrong item. I waited another 2 weeks and received the actual vanity with PARTS MISSING! I called and asked what was going on and explained my situation. Two weeks later, the parts arrive and they are HORRIBLE QUALITY! The pieces were scratched up and some of the paint was missing in parts. I wrote a letter and heard from a nice gentleman who seemed concerned and asked whether I wanted to return it or keep it at a DEEPLY discounted rate. I was so tired of the whole thing that I said I would keep it and re-paint the item on my own. The DEEP DISCOUNT WAS $30! This is company is a total nightmare.

michelled113
2/11/17

The furniture is absolutely beautiful and the pricing fits my budget. They actually can charge much more than what they do and have no problems acquiring customers. The colors match perfectly to the advertised photos. The quality is fantastic and I'm extremely happy with their products. A little advice for some, mix and match. Purchase your large pieces from Joss & Main and then go to Big Lot, Ross Ect...for smaller items. People assume that I hired a professional to do my apartment. I did not. I did it all myself and you can too if you really like shopping for furniture and knick knacks. May I suggest using the Joss & Main website or App to view really cool living room and bedroom designs. I've copied a couple. Its a great company and I've had nothing but a great experience with them.

andreas350
2/7/17

I ordered two chairs and they were delivered to the wrong address. I called customer service 3 times, First Lady was nice but didn't know what she was doing, second guy hung up on me and never called back, so I called again and the lady was extremely rude! My shipment date was for February 20th but due to the fact it was delivered early and to the wrong place they can't guarantee that it will come that date again. Terrible experience!!

gailh70
1/31/17

I have ordered several items and had to return a couple just because I changed my mind on one and had a problem with the other. No problems at all with returns and refunds received very fast. Items always received quickly and those I have kept have been great quality and great prices. Customer service is topnotch -- friendly and extremely helpful --and I will continue to "shop" with them.

lisaa146
1/23/17

Joss Main / WayFair/ All Modern

they are all the same company. I ordered a bed in October 2016 - in November I called to ask where was my bed ( they promised 2 week delivery) They told me it was on back order ( I called them they never notified me ) They told me in December the bed was shipped and wouldn't arrive until January as their slow moving trucks come from California and it takes a month to get to Florida. I called them in February to ask "where is my bed" they told me it was sitting in a warehouse in Miami. I called the warehouse to deliver and they told me that only 2 of the 3 pieces arrived. I call back Joss and Main and they told the third piece is on BACKORDER again until APRIL ...

Meanwhile they asked me if I wanted a $100 discount because of the problems. Make not that it's ME contacting them - Horrible customer service and HORRIBLE company (companies) PLease listen to me when I tell you that this is the most stressful online order of my life. They could care less that I ordered and PAID for a Bed in October of 2016 and I will not get the bed now until APRIL of 2017 and I am sure something else will go wrong -- I am obviously giving up and canceling my order. Buyer Beware. Use Amazon Prime or another furniture store. Stay far far away from this company.

Helpful answer

We are very happy with our purchases and more important, Joss & Main's outstanding customer service. Everything was as nice as pictured. The hanging light over the kitchen table was even nicer chrome quality than we expected. Give them a try, you won't be disappointed. Ingrid

By Iingrid A. on 8/22/15
Helpful answer

I don't know if they accept Pay Pal but their merchandise is over priced. I will not be ordering with them again because of lousy customer service!

By Sue J. on 5/12/15
Helpful answer

Sorry I never ordered furniture. Other things I have ordered have been excellent, arrived promptly and are packaged most carefully.

By Carol F. on 12/3/15
Helpful answer

Hello - I always wash any fabric product before using - but I use my "gentle" cycle and only cold water without any soap. This always works for me and keeps the fabric in good shape without any chemical products still there.

By ELIZABETH B. on 8/13/15
Helpful answer

I suggest you call Customer Service: 1 800 632-8158. They can work something out with you. They are very understanding.

By Jenny D. on 4/28/15
Helpful answer

I'm a Canadian customer who ordered 2 smaller items as gifts (1 weighed quite a bit, though). I was charged BOTH STANDARD US DOMESTIC SHIPPING & INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING! I couldn't believe that shipping could be so much (over $100 US), so I unsubscribed from their website. Guess what? Two weeks ago I saw one of the products I'd purchased for sale at Winners for a fraction of the cost I'd payed. My advice: tempting pictures, but Canadian Buyers Beware! (I hope this helps!)

By Susan W. on 4/16/15
Helpful answer

You get what you pay for with Joss and Main. Google the details like the measurements and comments about the fabric because they often rename their items. I have been mostly happy with my items because I have reasonable expectations regarding quality. I don't expect to get something for nothing. Personally, I wouldn't buy a couch unless I could sit in it first but that's just me. Joss and Main is good with damage claims and they are responsive but you need to be careful about what you buy.

By Kady Q. on 12/30/15
Helpful answer

Use your tablet.....and you won't have to use your password unless you want to by something. I do agree that on the computer it is a pain.

By Susan O. on 4/8/15
Helpful answer

Hi Connie, Joss & Main ships from Boston, MA 02115. The complet address is 177 Huntington Ave, Suite 6000. This is also the location of there Flagship store. Hope this helps you out Connie. I would be more than happy to answer any other questions you might have. Kind Regards and have a lovel day. ----- Original Message -----

By tammy p. on 8/19/16
Helpful answer

I believe someone gave info to her already with phone number and calling the company and I cannot help with info to DC. Thanks for asking.

By Marjorie S. on 6/13/15
Questions? Get answers from the Joss & Main staff and other customers.

35 Photos for Joss & Main