US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

brendah77
1/16/17

I am very pleased with my purchase it bought the cute lamps for my bedroom and there is the perfect amount of light if a person wants to read next to them

johnr423
1/12/17

Be warned. Joss & Main, WayFair (or WayCrooks) is the Ross of the internet but worse. These companies are the same, and they buy from cheap suppliers who do something really tricky. These suppliers create dozens of brands for their same product and then try to sell them at different rates. See attached pictures. Be warned: buy from another vendor or risk overpaying for products. Just remember, if you see the same picture but different prices and brand names on different websites you are experiencing what we in the industry call a scam.

alysonk3
1/11/17

Ordered a king headboard on 12/21/16. No one can find the headboard even though it says on the tracking meter that it's ready for delivery. They have a very backwards system for being everywhere on the internet. Never order from them. If I could give them a zero I would. Don't waste your time. I would be surprised if I actually get my credit on time. Horrible!!

leighc24
1/5/17

I received a thoughtful gift from a friend, but the product arrived with a sticker that states it is produced with know cancer and birth defect producing chemicals. That is not something I want in my home! Why would a company sell a harmful product? I can not return and get a refund only store creditI -would not purchase from this company.

reneem45
12/29/16

I can only say the very best of things for this company! I ordered a bed for my parents but accidentally ordered the wrong color. They went above and beyond to make sure they got the right bed shopped in time for Christmas and without charging me for MY mistake! What company does that? None! I ordered another bed from Restoration Hardware last year and that is where i received both a poor quality bed and the worst customer service on the planet. That is one company that I wish would go out of business. Joss and Main, I want to personally thank you for everything you did to ensure my parents had one of the happiest Christmases because of what you did to help me. This wasn't my first order and it definitely won't be the last. Also, for anyone else reading these reviews, it looks like the last person that wrote a review, wrote multiple reviews with different alias' to appear like it was different customers. Sorry you had a challenge with your order but let's be honest, they're far from a fraudulent company. They've been around for a very long time and have nice and reasonably priced items. I bet if you're a little nicer to them, and give them the opportunity to make it right, they will.

erice48
12/27/16

I ordered my item on November 28th for a December 2nd delivery. The delivery date has been changed 3 times. I have also called 3 times. They gave me the number for a local delivery partner that is not in service. I called back and now they claim that they don't know where my item is. Stay away from this company. I am starting to believe it is pure fraud.

johannaj2
12/21/16

This company gave me verbal assurance that I could return an item shipped in the wrong color, then requested I ship back to them at my cost for a refund of $00.00. Moreover, they have emailed me daily since, despite my request that they not.

rafav
12/20/16

Horrible service. Wish I could give this a zero. First off. I ordered an item end of November expected ship December 5th. Only to have fed ex drop it off at some random address. Never got the package. Called wayfair people responsible for shipping jossnmain things. The lady was nice put my re order in for no charge. Expected ship date December 16 perfect time before xmas. But no. Got an email that my items weren't being shipped until January 16th 2017. I would've been okay if I got a call a week ago but an email December 20th 5 days before xmas. Where the professionalism, not here. Hopefully they get it right this time and reimburse my money to my account and not some random account. I know $#*! happens. But could've been professional about it and call me to tell me the issue so I can look elsewhere. I'm one customer you lost. I know it's not a huge hit for you. But just maybe this review opens the eyes of a few people to not order from here because they don't care about customer service. They care about your money. No I don't want 10% off my next order for your screw up, I don't want a part of this company.

jennifers314
12/19/16

We ordered a coffee table and received one that appeared to have been dropped down a flight of stairs. After being told to throw it away or donate it by the company, we were sent a new one...the new one was completely destroyed! The top was broken off and the doors were missing, parts were flying around the box randomly. This is not a shipping problem either as the box looked virtually untouched so I don't blame fedex. Awful, awful, awful. Will never order from this company again!!

kimj80
12/14/16

We shop Amazon prime and are totally spoiled by their prompt deliver service. We ordered from Wayfair over the summer of 2016, a couch for our new cottage 3 hours from home. We sat and waited at our cottage the day it was supposed to be delivered. Never showed. I called Wayfair and they told me of a new delivery date, that they were behind on deliveries. I said the new date won't work, we will be at our home 3 hours from our cottage. I asked for a refund and got the run around and they were trying to charge me for the return fee! What?! This was your fault not mine. Joss and Main just did the same thing. Ordered tv media stand on November 28, today is December 14th and still no sign of our tv stand. I called them and the delivery date got pushed back by at least 7 business days and now not guaranteed delivery before Christmas!!!! I've called about that piece 3 different times and was told 3 different stories. So I asked for another refund, explained that we took our tv off of the wall and its sitting on a coffee table waiting for the new tv stand, and that we have 2 Christmas parties planned at our house and needed that piece to complete our room. Now we are going to have to go out in a foot of snow, 20 degrees out, find a replacement and a truck! Never will shop their company again. Never. Ever!!!! Horrible customer service and they again tried to charge me $91.00 for canceling. Ha! I think not!!!

donnah112
12/11/16

I ordered a bookcase for my husband's office, and 6 weeks later we are STILL waiting for it to show up.

I ordered new semi-custom bathroom cabinets a few days after I ordered this bookcase. Those cabinets had the wood shipped to and FROM China for milling, went to a center for assembly and STILL were ahead of the delivery time for this bookcase.

I just hope the item arrives in good condition because I can't imagine having to return this and order a new one.

Never again.

angelag70
12/10/16

This "company" JOSE & MAIN I have never heard of tried to get me to give them my checking account number I heard about these fake companies that have apps that steal your information but seem legit They will wipe you out financially BEWARE!!!

cristinag22
12/6/16

This is the kind of place that makes you want to get on a site and tell the world to stay away! I have had not one but now TWO orders just cancelled days after my purchase because they "didn't have the item after all". Is it that hard to monitor your inventory? Other sites seem to be able to do it and I have never had this issue with other companies! It's just infuriating when you think you've found bedroom furniture not once, but TWICE, to then be told JK, we actually don't have these products we're showing. AVOID!

monicah33
11/30/16

Cyber Monday's can be pretty hectic for call centers I'm presuming but even with that I experienced the best customer service a gal can ask for. I called to ask about a delivery date question and I received so much more. Bob answered all my silly questions about delivery date options and return policies. I was just about to end the call but he was so worried I wasn't going to get my cyber Monday deal on time because of ongoing technical difficulties with the site so he insisted that I pay over the phone just in case he needed to make any adjustments. He kept the call entertaining and I got what I ask for. $360 for a sofa isnt a bad deal at all. Thank you Joss and Main!

terris40
11/29/16

When I looked up velvet headboards it showed different companies, Josh and Main being one of the companies

It showed all Josh and Main headboards with no tax being charged and fee shipping
They will not honor no tax. It says it on all the items. There were no qualifications to be able to receive no tax offer. WHAT'S UP WITH THAT

sallys72
11/28/16

I ordered a sideboard. three weeks ago, price was 700$. Next time I was shopping, several days later, price inflated to 800$. Now today, Cyber Monday it's listed at over 1000$. Same piece of furniture. What the heck is going on here. Plus they are advertising 30% off with code CYBERDAY but everything I put in my cart is "not eligible". I was in love with this website but now I'm skeptical. Maybe I'll contact the BBB.

jacks519
11/22/16

I purchased over $1,000.00 worth of items in a matter of two days. When I tried to return a bed spread that was not the quality I was expecting they tried to charge me $35.00 on a $100.00 item.

Are you kidding me?? I will no longer purchase from this company or associated companies.

aleighaf
11/17/16

I ordered 3 items for my daughters room - we are redoing her bedroom as a birthday present. I received an email a few minutes ago telling me that all 3 items had been discontinued. I ordered on Monday! What in the world? This is a poor way of doing business. I would rather pay a bit more and actually receive my items.

michaelm490
11/7/16

I purchased a dresser only because they had the less expensive price and the style I was looking for. I placed the order and it was confirmed almost immediately. This was on October 14th. 7 days later I received notice that the item was in the warehouse and ready to ship. The item is coming from Georgia, and I live in Texas. I have been a logistic manager for a shipping company, and I know that on a truck, it would take at minimum 5 days to get to the Houston area. On November 4th, I decided to check on the shipment, and found it arrived in North Carolina on 11/3? NOW WHY would this item ship from Georgia to North Carolina on its way to Texas? It should have been a straight shot. I contacted customer Service, and they could only tell me that it is expected to arrive in a week. Excuse me J&M, you are less than 1000 miles away from me, and it takes 3 weeks to get something? I have not received it yet, so I am only assuming I will get it next week. I will report back. The point here is that J&M needs to work on shipping & logistics. I could have driven to the warehouse and back by now.

samuelg33
11/4/16

still waiting on my item almost a month after it was supposed to be delivered.
the customer service people didn't really care to even send me overnight, and they could have.
now it's been 2 more weeks and still nothing.
i can't take this anymore.
i was a returning customer and now i will let everyone know not to buy from them.

sm941
10/25/16

I've gotten some nice things at fair prices from both Joss and Main and Wayfair. But I've also avoided some disasters by being sure to comparison shop before buying ANYTHING from this retail group. Case in point......was considering a flatwear set at J and M this morning. Found it was double the price of the exact same set found on Amazon. In addition, Amazon had quite a few reviews stating that this particular set rusts because its 18/0 stainless.............. Good deals are possible....but buyer must beware when shopping these retailers.

vh21
9/24/16

This was my first purchase from Joss and Main and I am very dissapointed!
BEWARE of false advertisiment - I ordered a 12-piece set of Wisthof knoves - the product details stated that this set is from Wusthof's Grand Prix II line. What is actually pictured and delivered is a Wusthof Gourmet set. The Gourmet line is far inferior and half the price of the Grand Prix II line. The main difference is that the Grand Prix II line is made from forged steel (just like the Wisthof Classic line) while the Gourmet line is laser-cut and therefore less sturdy.
Furthermore, the listing states that the set is valued at $444 and you are getting a great deal by only paying $229.99. This is also inaccurate and very misleading - had this set been Grand Prix II as advertised, it would have been worth around $450. However, the Gourmet set is sold by a numerous vendors and websites at exactly the same price you are paying on Joss and Main - $229.99.
I thought i was getting a great deal on a Wusthof Grand Prix II set and was extremely dissapointed by getting a Gourmet set at it's true market value sold by a vendor claiming to be selling at a discount. The set was, of course, sent back but only after I had to pay for return shipping for something I am only returning because the product is not what was promised it would be.
PLEASE NOTE: after I realized what this set really is I looked it up on the Wayfair website (Wayfair owns Joss and Main) - you can find this exact same posting there with the exact same customer reviews so the two websites are obviously linked and connected - the posting on Wayfair has the same product description claiming that this is a Grand Prix II set and also claims that this is a great discounted price. However, the title of the posting on Wayfair (unlike the one on Joss and Main) indicates that this is a Wayfair Gourmet set.

roslynk
9/22/16

I was disappointed in an order I received and these people all but bent over backwards to remedy the situation. Overall I think my only complaint about this site is they do not describe colors accurately and it is hard to trust ones monitor.

Customer service is outstanding.

nikkit19
9/21/16

I'm pretty disappointed with the dresser and the customer service. Unfortunately I'm currently on bed rest trying to get my nursery together via the purchasing on INTERNET and assistants of friends and family. I received my dresser yesterday 9/20/ packaging didn't seem damaged when UPS delivered the package. I had my family come to put the dresser together for me in the nursery. They mentioned there was scratches and dings. I thought it was small fixable touch ups I can eventually do, but when I was able to get out of bed to go upstairs it was more than small scratches. The whole dresser was flawed from bottom to top, dings, to paint peeling, just a defective set that I unfortunately received.

I called customer services to see what my options were, I was told that because it was assembled they can't do anything to help me and it states it on the bottom of the email. THATS IT, ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING they can do. I just can't believe the customer service representative didn't try anything to help me out or even an apology on the company's behalf. I'm pretty much screwed, my baby boy gets a new DAMAGED dresser in his nursery.

I asked about ordering replacement parts (she referred me to the assemble book to call the maker) but realized I would have been ordering an entire dresser!

This is will my first and last time ordering from this company. I wish this was different situation or was one of the lucky one who received a perfect non defective products.

Tip for consumers: when your shipment comes, make sure you lay all out and check for damages, don't ASSEMBLE ANYTHING if there any defected or damaged parts. CALL THEM AND PUT YOUR LIFE ON HOLD :)

noreenl1
9/18/16

OUT OF STOCK ITEM, CLick, tell me when it's available. I screen shotted item $858.95 1 week later, STILL out of stock, price now $950.95....I called, talked to HEather, she said NOPE THEY REFUSE TO HONOR A PRICE when it's back in stock. They can advertise at ANY PRICE they want and change it without notice ANY TIME THEY WANT....BUT I would have purchased it HAD IT BEEN IN STOCK! NOPE....Doesn't matter, SCREW ME! She was uncaring and said it's stated in the terms of use and TOOK HER OVER 15 MINUTES TO FIND ANYTHING CLOSE to stating they can advertise at ANY PRICE and don't have to sell it at that price, ever. I don't know if this is legal, but it's unethical, I can tell you that. It's PLAIN WRONG. I will NEVER SHOP THEM OR THEIR COMPANIES. BAD BAD BAD

Tip for consumers: Know they aren't an honorable company when you do business with them.

74 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Joss & Main staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question