US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

joleenh2
8/19/16

I ordered one thing, got a substitute I did NOT authorize, but when I went to return their error, they want to charge me over $10 in shipping.
Beware when ordering their faux plants. Very expensive and cheap looking. They charged me about $56 for should have been no more than $19 by how it looked. I will never order from Joss & Main again.

wandak10
8/7/16

I ordered some furniture for my sister's new house as a house warming gift. J&S cancelled it twice stating the address on my card was not the delivery address. (Of course not. I was sending a gift to my sister.). Customer service didn't respond to my emails. Finally called and got the order placed. One item arrived damaged and still can't get J&S to coordinate the return (they keep sending UPS label for the return with an incorrect return address.

Wayfair, I believe, owns this company. Way fair CEO - wake up and fix your damn problems. Awful company.

grego773
8/1/16

I bought 4 multicolor glass mugs. As the description said ..1 blue 1 orange 1 yellow 1green. Twenty bucks + almost 10 bucks shipping. When I received them the box contained 2 red (orange..no biggie about color) 1 yellow 1green. The blue one was missing.i was not pleased with the quality...there is color glass and then glass with a color coating .these were the later. Eventually the coating gets scratched and starts to come off.i expected top quality from them.when I phoned about returning them I was told I could they would credit my card for $17. I explained I am not returning them because I don't like them , I didn't receive what I ordered. The rep said one minute and returned saying these were assorted colors and nothing was missing. I said I will never shop here again . I'll keep my order, I'm not going to spend $20 on shipping to end up with nothing. I returned to website and verified it listed 1 of each color..it didn't say assorted colors. They probably don't retain to many customers. Does take long to figure out they are after $'s not customers. THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS COMPARABLE TO THEIR POOR QUALITY MERCHANDISE.

juliah54
7/26/16

I'm a pretty reasonable, easy-to-please consumer. In fact, this is my first negative review. I had two major issues with Joss and Main that other consumers should know about: First, if and the delivery address is different from the billing address, J&M cancels your order without contacting you first. (I was moving, but you might simply be ordering furniture for someone else.) You then have to start the order process all over again.

This happened twice, and I should have quit then. When I'd ordered the dining set again and checked back to see if I could track it, nothing showed up. I assumed it'd been canceled again and bought a secondhand table in my new town.

I was shocked when the table showed up. The trucking company driver called his boss, who said I could refuse shipment, and they'd ship it back to Joss and Main. When the charge showed up on my credit card, I called and was told that despite the $60 I had paid for shipping when I ordered, Joss and Main was demanding OVER $250 for the return shipping. The table had cost $600. I don't mind paying return shipping, but I would expect I'd pay the same for return shipping as for shipping to me, not more than FOUR TIMES as much. So be forewarned: if you have a return, you'll be paying through the teeth.

Clearly, this is not a company that cares about return customers. I certainly won't shop there or recommend Joss and Main to others.

jasons208
7/26/16

If the price seems decent then just know they will cancel the order. Seems like click bate pricing to me. Go with a reputable company instead.

lukeh45
7/21/16

I purchased eight dining chairs on the Joss & Main web site and received an email confirmation stating that the order was successful. Three days later, I received an email that the order had been cancelled due to incorrect pricing. While nearly all dining chairs on the company's site are heavily discounted, the company drastically increased the price on the chairs I ordered to $409.90 a pair....and two days later increased the price to $560 a pair. After seeing similar numerous complaints similar to mine, it seems that J&M uses false web site pricing and bait and switch tactics to deceive consumers. I highly recommend not buying from this company...it does not deserve your trust...or your money!

maryi23
7/15/16

I attempted to order a printable gift certificate for a birthday gift, but the website was very vague in the directions about printing versus sending it via email. I finally got the order to go through, only to have nothing in my "inbox." When I finally got hold of someone later on (too late to give the gift), they told me there was no way to get a refund. This was after I had already had to purchase a second gift certificate from another company just to have something to give as a gift. I will never use this site again.

anah32
7/13/16

I bought a dining table that I had been watching for a couple of days. I received a confirmation of purchase, and a confirmation of items ordered, then two days later received an email saying that they had the item listed at the wrong price and they are canceling my order... Joss & Main you should honor your posted pricing!!!

dumbb1
7/5/16

They immediately promised to correct it but not for another 2 months after waiting 1 month for the original purchase. I have no way of fighting this with my credit card because it is taking so long to get the right model. It will be 3 months since my original purchase assuming they send the correct model and color and undamaged product. My original savings of $120 instead of buying at Sears is looking really stupid at this point.

paigee4
6/27/16

Cancelled my order 2x because they had it marked at the incorrect price. Never offered it to me at the correct price. Tied up money 3x. Not sure how they even charged a third time with no order. Never received anything they continually lied. Worst company and customer service I've ever dealt with hands down!!!

lornaw3
6/23/16

everything about this site is GREAT. even returns are the best!!!! I will reccommend and return over and over again.

carolep7
6/7/16

The box arrived and was left at our garage, when my husband saw it, the box was open, but the urn was wrapped in brown paper inside. When we took the urn out, it had an indention on one side, it was plastic. Joss&Main is sending a replacement without me having to spend money to send one back.
Thanks for excellent service!!!

caseym26
5/28/16

I had been in search of a decently priced king size bed for about 2 months. I finally found one that i wanted on Joss & Main. A king size tufted bed for $496...not bad. I read reviews and was like, "hmmm this is quite a gamble." Being that most of them stayed wrong color furniture or missing pieces and hard to return. Well...i decided to take the chance and delievery stated it would take about 3 weeks. I ordered on May 14th (estimated delievery May 31). It was delievered to my local terminal on May 24th and i was contacted the next day to schedule my delievery appointment for Friday between 2pm-6pm. Driver called me 25 min before and came within that time frame. When i opened the box it was the wrong color. I ordered brown and they sent me dark grey. To be honest I like the color so I didnt bother with trying to return it. Overall it was fairly easy experience, but i see that when ordering with j&m you are basically gambling soooo if you dont care as much order from them.

juliem136
5/25/16

I received the wrong color furniture twice! I was promised the second delivery would be correct - nope!
They didn't seem to care that I waited for over a month with no furniture and I had to wait for them to receive the return until I was refunded.

melanies49
5/25/16

So I have had nothing but issues with Wayfair/Joss & Main. I ordered a couch on April 5th, waited over 2 months, had 2 delivery dates that I took off work for and never recieved my couch which ended up being lost by the warehouse. If you would like to read about my predicament with Wayfair/Joss & Main in detail, look for my other review, "COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY". Anyway, I ended up cancelling the item on 6/11/16 where I received an email saying someone would contact on the first business day, which should have been the following Monday. When that didn't happen I called on Wednesday, 6/15/16 about getting my money returned to me. Whoever I spoke with said it would take 3-5 business days to see the refund in my account. Well today is the fifth business day and I have spoken with one Wayfair rep who said she didn't why it hadn't shown up in my bank. I called my bank and they have no record of any refund, I then spoke with second wayfair rep. According to the second rep my refund wasn't processed until today 6/22/16... So when I called last week nothing was done until I called AGAIN and the first rep was the one to actually process my refund, a week later and then tried to hide that fact that nothing was done last week. I will never do business with Wayfair/Joss & Main again and I recommend that you don't either.

Tip for consumers: continuously call until you get what you actually need

kathyl57
5/24/16

the Walton Sofas (2) that we bought were so so disappointing. It said no assembly required. It had no legs when it arrived and when I wrote and said they weren't there they questioned mttoe and had me check multiple times behind and under the couch. The back pillow cushions are attached and one of the cushions is terribly depressed with not way to fluff it up....maybe something was sitting atop it during shipping? Over one month after receiving the problems are not resolved.

pats169
5/22/16

I saw just the headboard I was looking for and the price was great...it beat everyone else. I ordered and it came within a week and packaged quite well. I was able to put it together myself even though the instructions were a little confusing. Two of the bolts were painted together and impossible to separate so I called and asked them to resend. In the meantime I got them apart and one week later I received another steel leg for the headboard instead of the bolts. Other than that I have no complaints.

annem89
5/17/16

I was lured into placing an order with an email advertising "free shipping". It wasn't until arriving at the payment page that I saw the shipping charges added with no explanation. I had to track down a customer service rep on the phone to find out that $49 minimum is required for free shipping. I cancelled my order out of disrespect for this type of customer treatment. They should advertise "Free shipping with minimum $49 order" if that is what they are offering

millier4
4/30/16

ITEMS NEEDED

sofiaa16
4/30/16

I ordered a bed because I was moving to a new apartment. They shipped it incomplete, after calling several times they told me they could not express ship it. Had to pay three more nights at a hotel, did not receive any kind of compensation. AWFUL

jillg21
4/28/16

Bought a sectional and they delivered one of three pieces, that was almost 2 weeks ago. While I have spoken to people there, NO one has followed through. Oh, should I mention I have been billed?? Customer service, they get a big fat ZERO! Shop elsewhere

pattyl17
4/27/16

I ordered some gray pillows and they shipped Teal. I contacted them and they were great about sending a replacement. But I was sent the same Teal Colored Pillows. I now have 4 Teal colored pillows that don't match anything in my house. I checked back online and they changed the name of Pillow to Peacok. I'm now trying to find out how much they charged me.
I would never order any pillows from them again.

destinym5
4/17/16

We had a problem with a clock we purchased and in calling regarding return procedures and policies, their customer service could not have been better. They absolutely stand behind their products and turned this into a positive experience. Given the quality of care they exercise, we are now encouraged to do business with them moving forward.

pams50
4/13/16

I purchased 2 pendants for my kitchen for $130 each. When I went back a week later they were priced at $185.00. I had to order the 3rd light because they would not honor the price I originally paid. I will NEVER order anything again. A small light fixture should never cost $50 more in 7 days. SomeThing stinks!!!!

lesliep35
4/1/16

I recently ordered a cabinet, table and four chairs from Joss and Main. Several weeks after the order had been purchased, process, and supposedly shipped, I got an email saying that the table and chairs had been cancelled because of lack of merchandise. That was after they had messed up the cost of the chairs (on the website it was advertised as chairs sold as a pair, so bad advertising). Why did they sell me a table and chairs if they didn't actually have it in stock? I had to rush around for a last minute order of something else after waiting 6 weeks for this one to ship and then be cancelled at the last minute.

I like the idea of Joss and Main/ Wayfair but I will not purchase from them again. Their service representatives, although nice, don't seem to be very helpful or knowledgeable. I recently spent almost 20 minutes on the phone with another representative who was trying to figure out our tax credit as a non-profit organization. She couldn't figure it out on the phone and it was 7 weeks after the order and purchase. I don't want to have to work this hard to order and receive furniture so next time I'm shopping at Pottery Barn!

72 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Joss & Main staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
1 week ago
Answer
rosiea10
A: I too believe that the items are dropped shipped...I too have also purchased different items, all have come on time and I have not yet have had a problem and am very happy with the items ordered........
5 days ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
1 week ago
Answer
tammyp30
A: Hi Connie, Joss & Main ships from Boston, MA 02115. The complet address is 177 Huntington Ave, Suite 6000. This is also the location of there Flagship store.
Hope this helps you out Connie. I would be more than happy to answer any other questions you might have. Kind Regards and have a lovel day.
----- Original Message -----