Review of Joss & Main

Boston, MA 02115
service@jossandmain.com

davide210
10/6/17

I ordered a 5 piece dining table/chairs and only the table and 4 chairs were delivered. I called in to customer service and they said that they would look into this while I waited. I found out that they could not ship out the 2 missing chairs, which made no sense to me because 2 chairs are packaged in a single box... so what's the problem? Later, I was told that the 2 chairs are going to be shipped. Problem solved right??? Not quite... I was told that they would arrive the following week by Friday and that I would receive a confirmation email of delivery. Well, no email and no chairs came by Friday.

I called in on Monday and was told that they could not ship "just" the 2 chairs. This makes ZERO sense to me and I asked, "When were you going to tell me this?" I was then told that the only way for me to get the chairs was to go online and order them and then send in my order number and they would credit my account. Now I'm feeling like I'm in a Three Stooges episode! OK, so I placed the order and decided to buy 4 more chairs because this suit was being discontinued and this was last chance to get more chairs. They promised to credit me for 2 chairs, which they did, one week later. I also learned that they are part of Wayfair.com but I most likely will not buy from them again.

darlener25
9/18/17

My only complaint, person I spoke to at J & M said I could delay delivery through FedEx and have it delivered on date requested. FedEx would not change delivery label and made me pick up chair at one of their stores. J & M should know this and tell the customer. Required getting a pickup and a person to drive it. As 79 year old woman, impossible to do it myself!

libbyf1
9/15/17

Returns are very pricey so really think twice before you order furniture unless you are going to do an exchange. Having said that I would never buy furniture on line again sight unseen. I will never shop here again.

destineyf
9/12/17

I've ordered tons of items off Joss & Main and have only had issues with a few which I was refunded on, The only annoying thing is I kept getting calls about a free designer and asking if I was purchasing for business use, this is a call I received about 5 times on top of emails "the emails I didn't mind" I stopped ordering for a while for that reason lol but I don't know how long I can stay away, they have some pretty great things!

cindyc154
9/12/17

Just purchased the Logan recliner. It was exact as pictured. Came without incident within one week on the day they said it would be. I love it and will soon purchase my sofa there.

edh49
9/6/17

Requested 7 seats, one conveyed with a stain. Effectively just went online to my request and could clarify harm through an online shape, now the organization is sending a spic and span one in its place, no profits essential. Super simple

tiffanyb79
8/30/17

BEWARE! This company advertises an item....you buy it....it says ships in 4 days.....ok.....what THAT REALLY means is that it supposedly ships from across the planet somewhere and you may or may not get it in 3 months....in MY case....I did not get my 1600.00 leather sofa at all. After MONTHS OF CALLS AND RUN AROUNDS.....THEY TELL ME IT WAS LOST IN TRANSIT AND I HAD TO CALL AGAIN TO FINALLY FIND THAT OUT. If I hadn't called, I guarantee that I would still be sitting here waiting on the non- existent piece of furniture.Plain and simple , they used my money and from what I have read, many other people's money as well. This is their operating line of credit ....I assure you. By the way....Wayfair is one and the same company. Do not go near either company with a ten foot pole unless you feel like loaning them money to operate on for several months. If there was a negative rating...that would be my choice!

michelleb287
8/24/17

worst company ever, worst quality ever, work customer service ever. never one to leave reviews, especially these types of reviews... but i honestly don't know how this company is still in business

yvonned25
8/18/17

I ordered a curtain. They sent the wrong one. Waited on hold for customer service over an hour ..never was answered. Now I must send it back and pay for shipping according to automated email I received about returns and I had already paid for the shipping to me. They must have stock in delivery services.

jayr97
8/8/17

Purchased a night stand, said they delivered it but never saw it. Have been trying to call them for a week and the recording says they're having problems and then it hangs up. Beyond frustrated, this company has zero customer service

jenr44
8/3/17

I was totally disappointed with the Sedum & Eucalyptus plant in planter which I purchased. I called in for a return label and was told the cost of shipping would be deducted from my refund. When I checked my account not only was the cost of return deducted, but the cost of their shipping to me and the tax. I guess their message is keep what you order or it will cost you.

theresal30
7/24/17

After my last horrible conversation with this company I filed a complaint with my credit card company who has buyer protection. If yours doesn't you might consider it. This used to be a pleasant company to deal with - no more.

vivianah
7/16/17

I bought some cushions from these guys (are they Wayfair or Joss&Main btw?- not clear) that I'm trying to return, but when I went to my account I got greeted by an "There are no orders associated with your account." Funny thing is that I've got the order number and of course I got the cushions. I also got to the mystifying message from a link in the same email they sent me to review the product... So, what's up with their record keeping?
Now I've had to communicate the old-fashion way, by email, wasting my time giving all the order details instead of it all being automatic and easy for returns, like in most up-to-date, modern websites. Come on people, this is 2017.
Update: It took them over a week to respond to my email and several days more to get the refund. I did get it though, unlike some other reviewers... Watch it with this company. Order at your own risk.

williamd153
7/13/17

The only reason I chose this company was because they advertised free 2 day shipping on the item I was interested in. Not only was the item not shipped on the expected delivery date, after further investigation, it hasn't even been processed for shipping yet! The 'expected' shipping or delivery date provided by this company can not and should not be trusted. They clearly use deceptive sales tactics to get more business, and can not meet their promises. This is my first and last experience with Joss & Main!!

jlll
7/8/17

Ordered 2 chairs, one delivered with a stain. Easily just went online to my order and was able to explain damage through online form, now company is sending a brand new one in its place, no returns necessary. Super easy

melanieg37
7/5/17

Ordered 2 chairs, they arrived damaged. They sent replacement parts, they were also damaged (in same way as original). I called again ( and each call is easily 25 minutes) and was assured new parts would be sent, and checked by warehouse staff to be sure same damage was not present. Tracking # issued, parts never shipped. I called an additional 4 times, having the same conversation (and each time told managers were too busy to speak with me), with the same result. I finally sent an email threatening to stop payment via my credit card and immediately received a call and email from a manager. She agreed to send 2 completely new chairs ( and I again requested they be checked before shipment). Chair (ONLY 1!!) arrived, damaged again in the same way ( none of this damage is due to shipping - they are packed in the boxes with damage)! I have been on hold for 10 minutes trying to get someone on the phone, as the manage I was working with is now on vacation! WORST experience EVER, and a shame as I have ordered from Wayfair and it's other companies in the past and been very happy. They have lost a customer forever.

marym533
7/4/17

Long time customer no more. Product received was poorly constructed. Customer service non responsive. I do not recommend.

barbarad102
7/1/17

Arrived on time, took only 10 minutes to unpack and assemble, and the picture
on the site does not due it justice. I am extremely happy with my purchase and
delighted that I could use my rewards.

lyndap13
6/27/17

One of the worst customer service experiences I have ever had in my life. Unhelpful, rude customer service. Will never use this site again. Ordered a rug and they charged 139.00 to return a rug and could not provide proof of this cost. They entice customers with free shipment but never mentioned that you have to pay double the price for a return.

amyh168
6/13/17

Ordered patio furniture in April that clearly said "in stock" backordered now until at least end of July. Summer will be over before furniture arrives. Phone calls and emails have been made with the same result....waiting on fabric cover for ottoman. Not sure why this takes 3 months but company has less than stellar costumer service as well

rhondas62
6/9/17

I ordered something and paid extra for expidated delivery. The item has not been delivered as promised. I want my shipping charges refunded

jims264
5/31/17

We ordered Deidrian 84" Etagere on May 2. The estimated delivery date was May 23. Last week, I contacted them and they were unable to give me an update on delivery. The tracking number provided proved of no use. Today, May 31, we were notified that the order had been lost. We could re-order and it would be here by June 21. According to customer service representatives, they have no way to expedite delivery even though they "lost" the order. Oh, by the way, it will take 3-5 business days to process our refund. Funny... It didn't take that long to process our payment. Wayfair, Joss and Main and some other companies are all related. Wish I could find out what other companies so I could avoid them as well.
Cannot and will not recommend this company! Not happy!

christinev24
5/24/17

I ordered a kitchen island, and I saw the item much cheaper at another location. The day after I purchased the item, I cancelled the order online. They sent me an email stating that my cancellation had been DENIED. A person named Nicole Donahue called me and stated that the item has been shipped already, and that I would need to pay for the return costs. I cancelled within one day, and they are not allowing me to cancel within one day, and now are charging me hundreds of dollars to pay for the item to return. I NEVER EVEN SAW THE ITEM, and IMMEDIATELY cancelled within one day. They are attempting to scam me out of RETURN COSTS when I cancelled immediately. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY, THEY ARE ILLEGALLY trying to extort money for this item that I never received, cancelled within one day, and have no intention of buying. They stated that I was "confused." What a scam artist. IF you have any sense, do not order from this company

tm133
5/17/17

Don't ever order a large parcel item from Joss & Main or Wayfair. In order to cut down on shipping costs your item will sit at the consolidation center for weeks or months before it is finally shipped to you. Whatever date they give you for the expected delivery date on these large items is also bogus. They do whatever it takes to cut costs on shipping big items and your delivery date isn't even a small factor. This is not an acceptable operating model, but when you call or email nobody understands why being a month late isn't okay. They're not transparent at all about the delivery expectations when you place the order, so there's no reason to purchase a large from them unless you want to risk waiting 2 months or more.

Tip for consumers: Don't trust the delivery date

renissar
5/3/17

After receiving a confirmation email on my outdoor sectional, I realized upon reviewing, that they changed my order to another sectional. I immediatley informed them of their error and replied that I would have to pay for return shipping in order for them to send what I actually ordered!

We are very happy with our purchases and more important, Joss & Main's outstanding customer service. Everything was as nice as pictured. The hanging light over the kitchen table was even nicer chrome quality than we expected. Give them a try, you won't be disappointed. Ingrid

By Iingrid A.

I don't know if they accept Pay Pal but their merchandise is over priced. I will not be ordering with them again because of lousy customer service!

By Sue J.

Sorry I never ordered furniture. Other things I have ordered have been excellent, arrived promptly and are packaged most carefully.

By Carol F.

Hello - I always wash any fabric product before using - but I use my "gentle" cycle and only cold water without any soap. This always works for me and keeps the fabric in good shape without any chemical products still there.

By ELIZABETH B.

I'm a Canadian customer who ordered 2 smaller items as gifts (1 weighed quite a bit, though). I was charged BOTH STANDARD US DOMESTIC SHIPPING & INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING! I couldn't believe that shipping could be so much (over $100 US), so I unsubscribed from their website. Guess what? Two weeks ago I saw one of the products I'd purchased for sale at Winners for a fraction of the cost I'd payed. My advice: tempting pictures, but Canadian Buyers Beware! (I hope this helps!)

By Susan W.

You get what you pay for with Joss and Main. Google the details like the measurements and comments about the fabric because they often rename their items. I have been mostly happy with my items because I have reasonable expectations regarding quality. I don't expect to get something for nothing. Personally, I wouldn't buy a couch unless I could sit in it first but that's just me. Joss and Main is good with damage claims and they are responsive but you need to be careful about what you buy.

By Kady Q.

Use your tablet.....and you won't have to use your password unless you want to by something. I do agree that on the computer it is a pain.

By Susan O.

Hi Connie, Joss & Main ships from Boston, MA 02115. The complet address is 177 Huntington Ave, Suite 6000. This is also the location of there Flagship store. Hope this helps you out Connie. I would be more than happy to answer any other questions you might have. Kind Regards and have a lovel day. ----- Original Message -----

By tammy p.

I believe someone gave info to her already with phone number and calling the company and I cannot help with info to DC. Thanks for asking.

By Marjorie S.
Questions? Get answers from the Joss & Main staff and other customers.

35 Photos for Joss & Main