US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

cristinag22
12/6/16

This is the kind of place that makes you want to get on a site and tell the world to stay away! I have had not one but now TWO orders just cancelled days after my purchase because they "didn't have the item after all". Is it that hard to monitor your inventory? Other sites seem to be able to do it and I have never had this issue with other companies! It's just infuriating when you think you've found bedroom furniture not once, but TWICE, to then be told JK, we actually don't have these products we're showing. AVOID!

monicah33
11/30/16

Cyber Monday's can be pretty hectic for call centers I'm presuming but even with that I experienced the best customer service a gal can ask for. I called to ask about a delivery date question and I received so much more. Bob answered all my silly questions about delivery date options and return policies. I was just about to end the call but he was so worried I wasn't going to get my cyber Monday deal on time because of ongoing technical difficulties with the site so he insisted that I pay over the phone just in case he needed to make any adjustments. He kept the call entertaining and I got what I ask for. $360 for a sofa isnt a bad deal at all. Thank you Joss and Main!

terris40
11/29/16

When I looked up velvet headboards it showed different companies, Josh and Main being one of the companies

It showed all Josh and Main headboards with no tax being charged and fee shipping
They will not honor no tax. It says it on all the items. There were no qualifications to be able to receive no tax offer. WHAT'S UP WITH THAT

sallys72
11/28/16

I ordered a sideboard. three weeks ago, price was 700$. Next time I was shopping, several days later, price inflated to 800$. Now today, Cyber Monday it's listed at over 1000$. Same piece of furniture. What the heck is going on here. Plus they are advertising 30% off with code CYBERDAY but everything I put in my cart is "not eligible". I was in love with this website but now I'm skeptical. Maybe I'll contact the BBB.

jacks519
11/22/16

I purchased over $1,000.00 worth of items in a matter of two days. When I tried to return a bed spread that was not the quality I was expecting they tried to charge me $35.00 on a $100.00 item.

Are you kidding me?? I will no longer purchase from this company or associated companies.

aleighaf
11/17/16

I ordered 3 items for my daughters room - we are redoing her bedroom as a birthday present. I received an email a few minutes ago telling me that all 3 items had been discontinued. I ordered on Monday! What in the world? This is a poor way of doing business. I would rather pay a bit more and actually receive my items.

michaelm490
11/7/16

I purchased a dresser only because they had the less expensive price and the style I was looking for. I placed the order and it was confirmed almost immediately. This was on October 14th. 7 days later I received notice that the item was in the warehouse and ready to ship. The item is coming from Georgia, and I live in Texas. I have been a logistic manager for a shipping company, and I know that on a truck, it would take at minimum 5 days to get to the Houston area. On November 4th, I decided to check on the shipment, and found it arrived in North Carolina on 11/3? NOW WHY would this item ship from Georgia to North Carolina on its way to Texas? It should have been a straight shot. I contacted customer Service, and they could only tell me that it is expected to arrive in a week. Excuse me J&M, you are less than 1000 miles away from me, and it takes 3 weeks to get something? I have not received it yet, so I am only assuming I will get it next week. I will report back. The point here is that J&M needs to work on shipping & logistics. I could have driven to the warehouse and back by now.

samuelg33
11/4/16

still waiting on my item almost a month after it was supposed to be delivered.
the customer service people didn't really care to even send me overnight, and they could have.
now it's been 2 more weeks and still nothing.
i can't take this anymore.
i was a returning customer and now i will let everyone know not to buy from them.

sm941
10/25/16

I've gotten some nice things at fair prices from both Joss and Main and Wayfair. But I've also avoided some disasters by being sure to comparison shop before buying ANYTHING from this retail group. Case in point......was considering a flatwear set at J and M this morning. Found it was double the price of the exact same set found on Amazon. In addition, Amazon had quite a few reviews stating that this particular set rusts because its 18/0 stainless.............. Good deals are possible....but buyer must beware when shopping these retailers.

vh21
9/24/16

This was my first purchase from Joss and Main and I am very dissapointed!
BEWARE of false advertisiment - I ordered a 12-piece set of Wisthof knoves - the product details stated that this set is from Wusthof's Grand Prix II line. What is actually pictured and delivered is a Wusthof Gourmet set. The Gourmet line is far inferior and half the price of the Grand Prix II line. The main difference is that the Grand Prix II line is made from forged steel (just like the Wisthof Classic line) while the Gourmet line is laser-cut and therefore less sturdy.
Furthermore, the listing states that the set is valued at $444 and you are getting a great deal by only paying $229.99. This is also inaccurate and very misleading - had this set been Grand Prix II as advertised, it would have been worth around $450. However, the Gourmet set is sold by a numerous vendors and websites at exactly the same price you are paying on Joss and Main - $229.99.
I thought i was getting a great deal on a Wusthof Grand Prix II set and was extremely dissapointed by getting a Gourmet set at it's true market value sold by a vendor claiming to be selling at a discount. The set was, of course, sent back but only after I had to pay for return shipping for something I am only returning because the product is not what was promised it would be.
PLEASE NOTE: after I realized what this set really is I looked it up on the Wayfair website (Wayfair owns Joss and Main) - you can find this exact same posting there with the exact same customer reviews so the two websites are obviously linked and connected - the posting on Wayfair has the same product description claiming that this is a Grand Prix II set and also claims that this is a great discounted price. However, the title of the posting on Wayfair (unlike the one on Joss and Main) indicates that this is a Wayfair Gourmet set.

roslynk
9/22/16

I was disappointed in an order I received and these people all but bent over backwards to remedy the situation. Overall I think my only complaint about this site is they do not describe colors accurately and it is hard to trust ones monitor.

Customer service is outstanding.

nikkit19
9/21/16

I'm pretty disappointed with the dresser and the customer service. Unfortunately I'm currently on bed rest trying to get my nursery together via the purchasing on INTERNET and assistants of friends and family. I received my dresser yesterday 9/20/ packaging didn't seem damaged when UPS delivered the package. I had my family come to put the dresser together for me in the nursery. They mentioned there was scratches and dings. I thought it was small fixable touch ups I can eventually do, but when I was able to get out of bed to go upstairs it was more than small scratches. The whole dresser was flawed from bottom to top, dings, to paint peeling, just a defective set that I unfortunately received.

I called customer services to see what my options were, I was told that because it was assembled they can't do anything to help me and it states it on the bottom of the email. THATS IT, ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING they can do. I just can't believe the customer service representative didn't try anything to help me out or even an apology on the company's behalf. I'm pretty much screwed, my baby boy gets a new DAMAGED dresser in his nursery.

I asked about ordering replacement parts (she referred me to the assemble book to call the maker) but realized I would have been ordering an entire dresser!

This is will my first and last time ordering from this company. I wish this was different situation or was one of the lucky one who received a perfect non defective products.

Tip for consumers: when your shipment comes, make sure you lay all out and check for damages, don't ASSEMBLE ANYTHING if there any defected or damaged parts. CALL THEM AND PUT YOUR LIFE ON HOLD :)

noreenl1
9/18/16

OUT OF STOCK ITEM, CLick, tell me when it's available. I screen shotted item $858.95 1 week later, STILL out of stock, price now $950.95....I called, talked to HEather, she said NOPE THEY REFUSE TO HONOR A PRICE when it's back in stock. They can advertise at ANY PRICE they want and change it without notice ANY TIME THEY WANT....BUT I would have purchased it HAD IT BEEN IN STOCK! NOPE....Doesn't matter, SCREW ME! She was uncaring and said it's stated in the terms of use and TOOK HER OVER 15 MINUTES TO FIND ANYTHING CLOSE to stating they can advertise at ANY PRICE and don't have to sell it at that price, ever. I don't know if this is legal, but it's unethical, I can tell you that. It's PLAIN WRONG. I will NEVER SHOP THEM OR THEIR COMPANIES. BAD BAD BAD

Tip for consumers: Know they aren't an honorable company when you do business with them.

ac619
9/13/16

Went exactly like I wanted it to. Great responses (professional and easy to understand) to a phone query. Products were described properly on the site. Pictures represented products well. Very happy with my experience.

macyc1
9/12/16

I ordered a coaster set which was clearly pictured on their web site -- a holder and 4 stone coasters. It arrived with the holder only. I called and was told that I'd paid $15 for a made-in-China cheap wooden holder. Outrageous!
Then I opened the other package which was supposed to contain a queen comforter plus pillows. There they were but the comforter was a king.
Both packages go back, but that's definitely my last order from this company!

amieh3
9/9/16

Do not order from them ever! Worst experience. The shipping is crap. You can't cancel anything and not have to pay.. Anything returned you get charged for shipping. I will NEVER order from here again! I waited way longer for my order, I'm not happy.

lubnar
8/30/16

Ive had good experience. theyre cheaper for alot of items on many other websites. dont like that you have to pay for return shipping

joleenh2
8/19/16

I ordered one thing, got a substitute I did NOT authorize, but when I went to return their error, they want to charge me over $10 in shipping.
Beware when ordering their faux plants. Very expensive and cheap looking. They charged me about $56 for something that should have been no more than $19 by how it looked. I will never order from Joss & Main again.

wandak10
8/7/16

I ordered some furniture for my sister's new house as a house warming gift. J&S cancelled it twice stating the address on my card was not the delivery address. (Of course not. I was sending a gift to my sister.). Customer service didn't respond to my emails. Finally called and got the order placed. One item arrived damaged and still can't get J&S to coordinate the return (they keep sending UPS label for the return with an incorrect return address.

Wayfair, I believe, owns this company. Way fair CEO - wake up and fix your damn problems. Awful company.

grego773
8/1/16

I bought 4 multicolor glass mugs. As the description said ..1 blue 1 orange 1 yellow 1green. Twenty bucks + almost 10 bucks shipping. When I received them the box contained 2 red (orange..no biggie about color) 1 yellow 1green. The blue one was missing.i was not pleased with the quality...there is color glass and then glass with a color coating .these were the later. Eventually the coating gets scratched and starts to come off.i expected top quality from them.when I phoned about returning them I was told I could they would credit my card for $17. I explained I am not returning them because I don't like them , I didn't receive what I ordered. The rep said one minute and returned saying these were assorted colors and nothing was missing. I said I will never shop here again . I'll keep my order, I'm not going to spend $20 on shipping to end up with nothing. I returned to website and verified it listed 1 of each color..it didn't say assorted colors. They probably don't retain to many customers. Does take long to figure out they are after $'s not customers. THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS COMPARABLE TO THEIR POOR QUALITY MERCHANDISE.

juliah54
7/26/16

I'm a pretty reasonable, easy-to-please consumer. In fact, this is my first negative review. I had two major issues with Joss and Main that other consumers should know about: First, if and the delivery address is different from the billing address, J&M cancels your order without contacting you first. (I was moving, but you might simply be ordering furniture for someone else.) You then have to start the order process all over again.

This happened twice, and I should have quit then. When I'd ordered the dining set again and checked back to see if I could track it, nothing showed up. I assumed it'd been canceled again and bought a secondhand table in my new town.

I was shocked when the table showed up. The trucking company driver called his boss, who said I could refuse shipment, and they'd ship it back to Joss and Main. When the charge showed up on my credit card, I called and was told that despite the $60 I had paid for shipping when I ordered, Joss and Main was demanding OVER $250 for the return shipping. The table had cost $600. I don't mind paying return shipping, but I would expect I'd pay the same for return shipping as for shipping to me, not more than FOUR TIMES as much. So be forewarned: if you have a return, you'll be paying through the teeth.

Clearly, this is not a company that cares about return customers. I certainly won't shop there or recommend Joss and Main to others.

jasons208
7/26/16

If the price seems decent then just know they will cancel the order. Seems like click bate pricing to me. Go with a reputable company instead.

lukeh45
7/21/16

I purchased eight dining chairs on the Joss & Main web site and received an email confirmation stating that the order was successful. Three days later, I received an email that the order had been cancelled due to incorrect pricing. While nearly all dining chairs on the company's site are heavily discounted, the company drastically increased the price on the chairs I ordered to $409.90 a pair....and two days later increased the price to $560 a pair. After seeing similar numerous complaints similar to mine, it seems that J&M uses false web site pricing and bait and switch tactics to deceive consumers. I highly recommend not buying from this company...it does not deserve your trust...or your money!

maryi23
7/15/16

I attempted to order a printable gift certificate for a birthday gift, but the website was very vague in the directions about printing versus sending it via email. I finally got the order to go through, only to have nothing in my "inbox." When I finally got hold of someone later on (too late to give the gift), they told me there was no way to get a refund. This was after I had already had to purchase a second gift certificate from another company just to have something to give as a gift. I will never use this site again.

anah32
7/13/16

I bought a dining table that I had been watching for a couple of days. I received a confirmation of purchase, and a confirmation of items ordered, then two days later received an email saying that they had the item listed at the wrong price and they are canceling my order... Joss & Main you should honor your posted pricing!!!

74 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Joss & Main staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question