US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

vh21
9/24/16

This was my first purchase from Joss and Main and I am very dissapointed!
BEWARE of false advertisiment - I ordered a 12-piece set of Wisthof knoves - the product details stated that this set is from Wusthof's Grand Prix II line. What is actually pictured and delivered is a Wusthof Gourmet set. The Gourmet line is far inferior and half the price of the Grand Prix II line. The main difference is that the Grand Prix II line is made from forged steel (just like the Wisthof Classic line) while the Gourmet line is laser-cut and therefore less sturdy.
Furthermore, the listing states that the set is valued at $444 and you are getting a great deal by only paying $229.99. This is also inaccurate and very misleading - had this set been Grand Prix II as advertised, it would have been worth around $450. However, the Gourmet set is sold by a numerous vendors and websites at exactly the same price you are paying on Joss and Main - $229.99.
I thought i was getting a great deal on a Wusthof Grand Prix II set and was extremely dissapointed by getting a Gourmet set at it's true market value sold by a vendor claiming to be selling at a discount. The set was, of course, sent back but only after I had to pay for return shipping for something I am only returning because the product is not what was promised it would be.
PLEASE NOTE: after I realized what this set really is I looked it up on the Wayfair website (Wayfair owns Joss and Main) - you can find this exact same posting there with the exact same customer reviews so the two websites are obviously linked and connected - the posting on Wayfair has the same product description claiming that this is a Grand Prix II set and also claims that this is a great discounted price. However, the title of the posting on Wayfair (unlike the one on Joss and Main) indicates that this is a Wayfair Gourmet set.

roslynk
9/22/16

I was disappointed in an order I received and these people all but bent over backwards to remedy the situation. Overall I think my only complaint about this site is they do not describe colors accurately and it is hard to trust ones monitor.

Customer service is outstanding.

nikkit19
9/21/16

I'm pretty disappointed with the dresser and the customer service. Unfortunately I'm currently on bed rest trying to get my nursery together via the purchasing on INTERNET and assistants of friends and family. I received my dresser yesterday 9/20/ packaging didn't seem damaged when UPS delivered the package. I had my family come to put the dresser together for me in the nursery. They mentioned there was scratches and dings. I thought it was small fixable touch ups I can eventually do, but when I was able to get out of bed to go upstairs it was more than small scratches. The whole dresser was flawed from bottom to top, dings, to paint peeling, just a defective set that I unfortunately received.

I called customer services to see what my options were, I was told that because it was assembled they can't do anything to help me and it states it on the bottom of the email. THATS IT, ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING they can do. I just can't believe the customer service representative didn't try anything to help me out or even an apology on the company's behalf. I'm pretty much screwed, my baby boy gets a new DAMAGED dresser in his nursery.

I asked about ordering replacement parts (she referred me to the assemble book to call the maker) but realized I would have been ordering an entire dresser!

This is will my first and last time ordering from this company. I wish this was different situation or was one of the lucky one who received a perfect non defective products.

Tip for consumers: when your shipment comes, make sure you lay all out and check for damages, don't ASSEMBLE ANYTHING if there any defected or damaged parts. CALL THEM AND PUT YOUR LIFE ON HOLD :)

noreenl1
9/18/16

OUT OF STOCK ITEM, CLick, tell me when it's available. I screen shotted item $858.95 1 week later, STILL out of stock, price now $950.95....I called, talked to HEather, she said NOPE THEY REFUSE TO HONOR A PRICE when it's back in stock. They can advertise at ANY PRICE they want and change it without notice ANY TIME THEY WANT....BUT I would have purchased it HAD IT BEEN IN STOCK! NOPE....Doesn't matter, SCREW ME! She was uncaring and said it's stated in the terms of use and TOOK HER OVER 15 MINUTES TO FIND ANYTHING CLOSE to stating they can advertise at ANY PRICE and don't have to sell it at that price, ever. I don't know if this is legal, but it's unethical, I can tell you that. It's PLAIN WRONG. I will NEVER SHOP THEM OR THEIR COMPANIES. BAD BAD BAD

Tip for consumers: Know they aren't an honorable company when you do business with them.

ac619
9/13/16

Went exactly like I wanted it to. Great responses (professional and easy to understand) to a phone query. Products were described properly on the site. Pictures represented products well. Very happy with my experience.

macyc1
9/12/16

I ordered a coaster set which was clearly pictured on their web site -- a holder and 4 stone coasters. It arrived with the holder only. I called and was told that I'd paid $15 for a made-in-China cheap wooden holder. Outrageous!
Then I opened the other package which was supposed to contain a queen comforter plus pillows. There they were but the comforter was a king.
Both packages go back, but that's definitely my last order from this company!

amieh3
9/9/16

Do not order from them ever! Worst experience. The shipping is crap. You can't cancel anything and not have to pay.. Anything returned you get charged for shipping. I will NEVER order from here again! I waited way longer for my order, I'm not happy.

lubnar
8/30/16

Ive had good experience. theyre cheaper for alot of items on many other websites. dont like that you have to pay for return shipping

joleenh2
8/19/16

I ordered one thing, got a substitute I did NOT authorize, but when I went to return their error, they want to charge me over $10 in shipping.
Beware when ordering their faux plants. Very expensive and cheap looking. They charged me about $56 for should have been no more than $19 by how it looked. I will never order from Joss & Main again.

wandak10
8/7/16

I ordered some furniture for my sister's new house as a house warming gift. J&S cancelled it twice stating the address on my card was not the delivery address. (Of course not. I was sending a gift to my sister.). Customer service didn't respond to my emails. Finally called and got the order placed. One item arrived damaged and still can't get J&S to coordinate the return (they keep sending UPS label for the return with an incorrect return address.

Wayfair, I believe, owns this company. Way fair CEO - wake up and fix your damn problems. Awful company.

grego773
8/1/16

I bought 4 multicolor glass mugs. As the description said ..1 blue 1 orange 1 yellow 1green. Twenty bucks + almost 10 bucks shipping. When I received them the box contained 2 red (orange..no biggie about color) 1 yellow 1green. The blue one was missing.i was not pleased with the quality...there is color glass and then glass with a color coating .these were the later. Eventually the coating gets scratched and starts to come off.i expected top quality from them.when I phoned about returning them I was told I could they would credit my card for $17. I explained I am not returning them because I don't like them , I didn't receive what I ordered. The rep said one minute and returned saying these were assorted colors and nothing was missing. I said I will never shop here again . I'll keep my order, I'm not going to spend $20 on shipping to end up with nothing. I returned to website and verified it listed 1 of each color..it didn't say assorted colors. They probably don't retain to many customers. Does take long to figure out they are after $'s not customers. THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS COMPARABLE TO THEIR POOR QUALITY MERCHANDISE.

juliah54
7/26/16

I'm a pretty reasonable, easy-to-please consumer. In fact, this is my first negative review. I had two major issues with Joss and Main that other consumers should know about: First, if and the delivery address is different from the billing address, J&M cancels your order without contacting you first. (I was moving, but you might simply be ordering furniture for someone else.) You then have to start the order process all over again.

This happened twice, and I should have quit then. When I'd ordered the dining set again and checked back to see if I could track it, nothing showed up. I assumed it'd been canceled again and bought a secondhand table in my new town.

I was shocked when the table showed up. The trucking company driver called his boss, who said I could refuse shipment, and they'd ship it back to Joss and Main. When the charge showed up on my credit card, I called and was told that despite the $60 I had paid for shipping when I ordered, Joss and Main was demanding OVER $250 for the return shipping. The table had cost $600. I don't mind paying return shipping, but I would expect I'd pay the same for return shipping as for shipping to me, not more than FOUR TIMES as much. So be forewarned: if you have a return, you'll be paying through the teeth.

Clearly, this is not a company that cares about return customers. I certainly won't shop there or recommend Joss and Main to others.

jasons208
7/26/16

If the price seems decent then just know they will cancel the order. Seems like click bate pricing to me. Go with a reputable company instead.

lukeh45
7/21/16

I purchased eight dining chairs on the Joss & Main web site and received an email confirmation stating that the order was successful. Three days later, I received an email that the order had been cancelled due to incorrect pricing. While nearly all dining chairs on the company's site are heavily discounted, the company drastically increased the price on the chairs I ordered to $409.90 a pair....and two days later increased the price to $560 a pair. After seeing similar numerous complaints similar to mine, it seems that J&M uses false web site pricing and bait and switch tactics to deceive consumers. I highly recommend not buying from this company...it does not deserve your trust...or your money!

maryi23
7/15/16

I attempted to order a printable gift certificate for a birthday gift, but the website was very vague in the directions about printing versus sending it via email. I finally got the order to go through, only to have nothing in my "inbox." When I finally got hold of someone later on (too late to give the gift), they told me there was no way to get a refund. This was after I had already had to purchase a second gift certificate from another company just to have something to give as a gift. I will never use this site again.

anah32
7/13/16

I bought a dining table that I had been watching for a couple of days. I received a confirmation of purchase, and a confirmation of items ordered, then two days later received an email saying that they had the item listed at the wrong price and they are canceling my order... Joss & Main you should honor your posted pricing!!!

dumbb1
7/5/16

They immediately promised to correct it but not for another 2 months after waiting 1 month for the original purchase. I have no way of fighting this with my credit card because it is taking so long to get the right model. It will be 3 months since my original purchase assuming they send the correct model and color and undamaged product. My original savings of $120 instead of buying at Sears is looking really stupid at this point.

paigee4
6/27/16

Cancelled my order 2x because they had it marked at the incorrect price. Never offered it to me at the correct price. Tied up money 3x. Not sure how they even charged a third time with no order. Never received anything they continually lied. Worst company and customer service I've ever dealt with hands down!!!

lornaw3
6/23/16

everything about this site is GREAT. even returns are the best!!!! I will reccommend and return over and over again.

carolep7
6/7/16

The box arrived and was left at our garage, when my husband saw it, the box was open, but the urn was wrapped in brown paper inside. When we took the urn out, it had an indention on one side, it was plastic. Joss&Main is sending a replacement without me having to spend money to send one back.
Thanks for excellent service!!!

caseym26
5/28/16

I had been in search of a decently priced king size bed for about 2 months. I finally found one that i wanted on Joss & Main. A king size tufted bed for $496...not bad. I read reviews and was like, "hmmm this is quite a gamble." Being that most of them stayed wrong color furniture or missing pieces and hard to return. Well...i decided to take the chance and delievery stated it would take about 3 weeks. I ordered on May 14th (estimated delievery May 31). It was delievered to my local terminal on May 24th and i was contacted the next day to schedule my delievery appointment for Friday between 2pm-6pm. Driver called me 25 min before and came within that time frame. When i opened the box it was the wrong color. I ordered brown and they sent me dark grey. To be honest I like the color so I didnt bother with trying to return it. Overall it was fairly easy experience, but i see that when ordering with j&m you are basically gambling soooo if you dont care as much order from them.

juliem136
5/25/16

I received the wrong color furniture twice! I was promised the second delivery would be correct - nope!
They didn't seem to care that I waited for over a month with no furniture and I had to wait for them to receive the return until I was refunded.

melanies49
5/25/16

So I have had nothing but issues with Wayfair/Joss & Main. I ordered a couch on April 5th, waited over 2 months, had 2 delivery dates that I took off work for and never recieved my couch which ended up being lost by the warehouse. If you would like to read about my predicament with Wayfair/Joss & Main in detail, look for my other review, "COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY". Anyway, I ended up cancelling the item on 6/11/16 where I received an email saying someone would contact on the first business day, which should have been the following Monday. When that didn't happen I called on Wednesday, 6/15/16 about getting my money returned to me. Whoever I spoke with said it would take 3-5 business days to see the refund in my account. Well today is the fifth business day and I have spoken with one Wayfair rep who said she didn't why it hadn't shown up in my bank. I called my bank and they have no record of any refund, I then spoke with second wayfair rep. According to the second rep my refund wasn't processed until today 6/22/16... So when I called last week nothing was done until I called AGAIN and the first rep was the one to actually process my refund, a week later and then tried to hide that fact that nothing was done last week. I will never do business with Wayfair/Joss & Main again and I recommend that you don't either.

Tip for consumers: continuously call until you get what you actually need

kathyl57
5/24/16

the Walton Sofas (2) that we bought were so so disappointing. It said no assembly required. It had no legs when it arrived and when I wrote and said they weren't there they questioned mttoe and had me check multiple times behind and under the couch. The back pillow cushions are attached and one of the cushions is terribly depressed with not way to fluff it up....maybe something was sitting atop it during shipping? Over one month after receiving the problems are not resolved.

pats169
5/22/16

I saw just the headboard I was looking for and the price was great...it beat everyone else. I ordered and it came within a week and packaged quite well. I was able to put it together myself even though the instructions were a little confusing. Two of the bolts were painted together and impossible to separate so I called and asked them to resend. In the meantime I got them apart and one week later I received another steel leg for the headboard instead of the bolts. Other than that I have no complaints.

72 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Joss & Main staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Answer
rosiea10
A: I too believe that the items are dropped shipped...I too have also purchased different items, all have come on time and I have not yet have had a problem and am very happy with the items ordered........
8/21/16
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Answer
tammyp30
A: Hi Connie, Joss & Main ships from Boston, MA 02115. The complet address is 177 Huntington Ave, Suite 6000. This is also the location of there Flagship store.
Hope this helps you out Connie. I would be more than happy to answer any other questions you might have. Kind Regards and have a lovel day.
----- Original Message -----