Review of Houzz

Tel: +1 800-778-7879
support@houzz.com

caroleem3
11/10/18

We saw Help Your Shelves at the State Fair. They make rollouts for existing cabinets. Made the appointment and Jake came out and measured and today Jake installed them. Corner cabinet didn't have Lazy Susan and they have an amazing roll out that fits right into the corner space. Very happy also had two roll out shelves made for the island. Jakes installation was clean and neat. So glad we found "Help Your Shelves"

liykal
11/10/18

I never post angry reviews on social media, the guys at Houzz have really tried my patience. The website is unsecure trash: my account was hacked on 10/20/2018, with $1000 worth of random goods placed on it. This is the first time it ever happened to me after years of shopping online (and, unfortunately, one time back in 2016 placing something through Houzz, which compromised my personal information). Whoever hacked into my account apparently wasn't very good, because the items got delivered to me. Now the 5 large boxes are sitting in my living room. What have I got in response from Houzz after numerous phone calls so far? One return shipping label (for 5 large boxes), and an email stating the reason for the return as "I changed my mind" and notifying me that the return shipping will be deducted from my refund. They haven't admitted that their database was hacked into, although the apologetic tone on the phone suggested it happens to them frequently. They've made it my responsibility to track them down to resolve this issue (by the way, no self-respecting online retailer has customer support hours of a government office these days, with radio silence on weekends, but that's exactly how Houzz operates). Why should I waste my time driving the boxes to the post office, which I can't even do yet because somehow they fail to understand that 5 large boxes need more than 1 return shipping label? And lastly, why should I ever pay for any "returns"?
So, beware if you have an account with Houzz and have made a purchase with them in the past. Your information can be stolen just like mine was, with Houzz doing very little to resolve the issue.

seanm405
11/6/18

Just a third-party distributor that cares about the sales and not actual customer satisfaction...including if you get your purchase OR NOT. I made a purchase that had an expected delivery window of 10/19 to 11/5. When getting closer to the delivery date, I sent an e-mail through the Houzz platform. Heard nothing back. When I called to cancel my order, customer service seemed unbothered by this. I've cancelled the order and de-activated my account. I may not order the most expensive furniture, but my money is valuable to me. Clearly Houzz doesn't seem to think that my purchases are worth an appropriate response. Take your business elsewhere...Somewhere that appreciates the business of ALL consumers and VALUES your money.

briann121
11/5/18

Maybe the worst Customer Service you can get. We were in contract for 1 year. At the end of the 1st year we received a call from our account manager * letting us know the contract was up and if we wanted to expand out territories. We only received 1 job for the whole year from houzz so we decided our advertising budget would be better spent with Google adwords or Yelp. So we canceled. Almost a year later we noticed we are still being billed (Partly our fault but we dont check our credit card charges that closely as there are around 500-600 transactions per month on that card). So we try to call houzz to cancel again. It took about 2 weeks for anyone to get back to us as you first have to call customer service so they can send an email to *, so * can email us to schedule a call time. (In the mean time of waiting for this call from * we have been billed again). * finally calls and says that in order for us to cancel we have to send a cancellation agreement to her in which there is a 4 month penalty to cancel or the length of contract remaining. I explained this contract should never have been renewed as we spoke about it. She didnt recall. I asked to speak to a supervisor and she did not want me to. After a few minutes of back an forth she finally gave in to such an absurd request and said it would be approximately 2 weeks before any supervisor could reach out to me. This is where we are now. I will follow up with how it Pans out.

As far as the actual advertising we only received 1 or 2 calls per month on Avg and the customer base was not very good. Lot of people just trying to get pricing that are not ready to commit. Adword or Yelp we have had far better luck and a far higher close ratio.

*Personal information redacted by admin

keitha121
11/1/18

Tried to purchase (twice) the Austin Air HealthMate Plus Air Purifier HM450, sold by Clean Air Solutions LLC, for the advertised amount of $594.99. Each time I clicked purchase, the confirmation email said I purchased the Austin Air Healthmate Room Air Purifier (HM400). Though there is no difference in looks, there is a huge difference in performance. The HM450 filters smoke, where the HM400 does not. After speaking with customer service, they offered the HM450 for $714. I asked if they were now not honoring the advertised amount and they replied with offering the product for $714. I explained that if I wasn't diligent with the order, that the wrong product would have been delivered and I would have been extremely upset. Houzz explained that the product would be removed from their site until the issue could be corrected. I checked 24 hours later, and the product is still be sold the same way. If I caught this issue the first time I used Houzz, how many times has this happened to others in the past?
Buyers be ware

rogerd137
10/28/18

For those looking to get leads, this is not your place.. All you will get is hot air and a monthly charge to your credit card.. Don't do it..

de31
10/25/18

We advertised with Houzz for two years, and this past year we invested $4,000, only to receive 22 leads, which we estimate half of which were scams and not viable. We didn't land any projects from those leads, some of which never returned our calls to even make an appointment, and our Houzz Sales Rep refused to make our concerns a priority. After multiple attempts to reach her by email and phone, she failed twice to follow through and show up for meetings we had scheduled (or times she suggested), then complained and made excuses for not checking her emails when I raised concern of her wasting our time by not showing up for appointments. Thus, we requested to speak with her Supervisor. She refused to provide this information stating she could handle all escalations to management, even though she herself wasn't a Manager. I tried various phone numbers at Houzz to try and reach someone else and I was always redirected back to the same Sales Rep. I finally called and spoke to someone under new Houzz accounts, who said we should have been able to speak with a Supervisor and supposedly CCd her boss, our Sales Rep, and her Supervisor so someone in charge could reach out to us directly within 24 hours. It has been over 72 hours without any contact from anyone at Houzz. Last year, customer service there was excellent and we received far better leads, this year something changed at Houzz. We're incredibly disappointed and upset at the money wasted and the service provided. Don't use Houzz! They will be nice until they have you as an account and then you'll just become another statistic in their system that they can replace with someone else next year.

gregb289
10/22/18

Our business payed Houzz 5,000 in the last year for ZERO results. I cannot get anyone to help and I just want to cancel. They mis-respresented what their business could do and then they charged our credit card for 12 months. It is a scam operation and I feel I should take legal action against the company. My 12 months is now up and I intend to take legal action if they charge my card one more time. STAY AWAY FROM ADVERTISING WITH HOUZZ.......IT'S A RIP-OFF.

kerryr44
10/21/18

They have the worst customer service and return program ever. I have been trying to get bars stools returned due to the manufacture putting wrong pieces in 2 of the 3 boxes that I received. I have given them everything they have required MULTIPLE times but still have a hard time getting my money back and sending the merchandise back to them. They tell you they will get back with you and then you have to get back with them because they DO NOt follow thru. Then you get a whole different customer service agent and they want you to start all over from the beginning. I highly discourage anyone from using this site. Wayfair and Overstock are 1000 times better than this company who I do not see staying in business very much longer if all these bad customer service reviews continue. I will be opening a dispute with my credit card company and probably filing a complaint with the BBB to get this taken care of.

drewp32
10/15/18

In working with a designer hosted by Houzz, * of Woodlands Texas, I found him to be non professional, a cheat and a rip off. * charged $1,500 for a remodel/addition design that was impossible to achieve unless you wanted to have a home valued at 300k above market value. I trusted * to develop a plan for my home that was logical and financially prudent. What I got was a CAD design Home Depot could have done for free. * is a rip off artist and Houzz sponsors him. Stay as far away as possible from these two entities as they are obviously in bed together just to make a few bucks at the consumers expense.

*Personal information redacted by admin

maryanng42
10/12/18

HOUZZ took our credit card number and continues to run our credit card after we told them we are not interested in doing business with them. We allowed them to run our credit card for 2 years. We asked them , via writing emails , to STOP . They won't stop running our credit card. We have reported this to VISA and asked for Visa to help us. We reported this a month ago and no one from Houzz has called us back. We have left over 10 messages and emails . They go unanswered. There is no phone number to lay a complaint. They say someone will call back. No one calls.
Save yourself the stress and headache.
Buy from a company that respects it clients.
There are many other places to get information from and products from. Stay away from HOUZZ

yiyil
10/11/18

I would give 0 star if I can. I've experienced an order and return in a total of 4 months now and it still has not been resolved. And I am not sure if they are working on it. Because they DO NOT CARE to give an update!

I tried to return an item that's where the nightmare began. After return, no refund was given but I did not notice in time. I just assumed it would be processed, easy as how you return anything online nowadays. NOPE. no refund, and then I received a return package 3 months later. It says return to shipper on the box. But when i opened it up, it contained a different merchandise.

I was and still am completed confused, this is when i contacted Houzz customer service and WAITED FOREVER for them to return email. They arranged a pick up of this package on Wed, then someone picked it up. Then someone came again on Friday, because HOUZZ changed their mind, rescheduled it to Friday. So who came on Wednesday? There is no tracking, no receipt, the package just GONE!

I dont know how to track it. I am emailing Houzz but nobody responds. $400+ gone for 2 lamps. still no refund.. no status update.. nobody emails back...

NEVER USING HOUZZ ever again.

cosy
10/10/18

I tried to place an order online, but it won't take my address no matter how hard I tried. contacted customer service, place order on the phone. However, they entered my email address wrong, so the confirmation email was sent to someone else with my billing/shipping address, etc on.
When I message customer service to change that, they said they're unable to change my email address attached to the order. There is no way I can check status, etc.
Same answer from call center.

Really??? can't even change my email address for an order that they put it wrongly???
Decide to cancel the order Crossing my finger that a cancellation will be confirmed.

The customer service person at the call center was nice, but the company system was so screwed up that the person couldn't even make a simple update of my email address.

lauras543
10/7/18

I bought a bathroom vanity with a Carrera marble countertop from Houzz. I was not able to get the box open to examine it before the short deadline - yep, that's on me. But the box appeared undamaged. When eventually it was opened, the countertop was cracked in 7 places.
None of the parties involved: Virtu (mfr), Norfa (seller/fulfillment),Custom Co(shipper) would touch it - no real surprise there.
I do think Houzz should stand behind the delivery of goods purchased thru their website better. I believe a partial refund is in order.

Anyway, it might be ok to buy a vanity online, but my lesson learned is get the countertop locally.

ryanc325
10/4/18

I am employed by a major national brand manufacturer and I oversee the Houzz account. Knowing the inner workings of Houzz and their mismanagement (or lack) of a pricing strategy, we commonly see Houzz price products in such a manner that often provides them 200-300% mark-up on products. This makes them extremely uncompetitive and come across as an extremely greedy marketplace. Houzz also experiences EXTREME turnover in regards to it's vendor account representatives, in one year we have had 3 different reps and each on is only interested in funneling our products into a "Trades" program. In this program, they demand better pricing than what they're already receiving for 'Direct to Customer' orders. Remember I mentioned that they have a "lack of" a pricing strategy? When Houzz comes to manufacturer, the only guidance they provide for acceptable pricing is "we just ask that you provide us with your best price possible", which is a joke, and then to place the products into the "Trades" program they demand an additional 5-10% off of their price of the "best price possible". Their pricing tactics hurt brands and it becomes completely unfeasible and unrealistic when you're aiming at "hypothetical" figures only to have them boost the price to the consumer MILES above the MSRP that other sales channels are able to sell and ship the product for.

I have one word about the Houzz culture and mentality: "UNETHICAL".

Houzz is unethical to their customers, and suppliers. Unless the company changes extremely fast we will never offer another product to the company due to their mismanaged ethics.Speaking in dollars and sense: Houzz has failed to show suppliers that they're serious about being a valuable retail partner as shown how they've chosen to price products to the consumer. At this point we can not justify the $ to on-board any further products with the company due to the failed strategies that impact manufacturer's bottom line.

kathleend52
10/3/18

The first and last time I'll purchase furniture by picture and description alone. I bought a bedroom set, chest, dresser/mirror and 2 end tables. They arrived damage but since I didn't open the box for 1 week after arrival- they decline to offer assistance. But worse than that the products are not well built, they look cheap and almost plastic- the drawers are flimsy - not dove tailed- and are secured by glue and small tack nails. A lot of light plywood. Absolutely not worth the price. I so regret my decision to buy from HOUZZ

carilynt
10/2/18

I am a first-time customer of Houzz and in the process of renovating my bathroom so I planned to source a number of items from houzz.com.

On September 10, 2018, I placed my first order. Shortly after I placed my order I received a confirmation, along with an estimated delivery date. Subsequently, I received a request to pick a date and time for the delivery.

From the available dates and times, I chose September 20, 2018 from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm. Shortly thereafter I received an email confirmation of my selection, which also stated that I would receive a call from the driver 30 minutes prior to arrival.

On September 20 at approximately 1:45 pm, I contacted CEVA's customer service by phone because I hadn't heard from anyone regarding my delivery. After holding for approximately 20 minutes, the representative informed me that the driver was delayed at Target, which is about half a mile from my residence. She also indicated that the driver should be making the delivery by 2:30 pm.

The driver arrived at approximately 2:30 pm and contacted me to let me know he had arrived. Upon exiting my residence, I noticed the driver standing out front with two boxes that appeared too small to be the vanity. He immediately asked me to sign a yellow paper, which I refused before closely looking at the boxes. When I checked the shipping label on the two boxes, neither of them were addressed to me and had a different address.

When I pointed this out to the driver he indicated that he had, in fact, seen my item at the warehouse earlier that day and that he would return with my order at 5:00 pm the same day. At that point, I asked him specifically "Are you sure you can be back at 5:00 pm? Because I will not be available any later." He was very confident in saying that he would be back at 5:00 pm.
At 5:00 pm, I had not received a call from the driver, so I called the number he had called me from earlier that day. When he answered the phone I introduced myself and asked if he would be here soon. He indicated that he was stuck in traffic and could not make the delivery until 8:30 pm that evening. I told him that I would not be home at that time. I asked if the order could be delivered the following morning before 10:00 am. He answered that it could, and that he would deliver it by 10:00 am.

The next morning, at 9:16 am, I called the driver to confirm that he would arrive by 10:00 am. After calling his number twice, he answered his phone and told me that he was not delivering the item that day as he had been assigned elsewhere. He also stated that I would need to call customer service to book another time.
That same day I contacted customer service by phone and explained the situation. A new delivery date of September 22 and time window of 8:00 am to 12:00 pm was arranged; along with a promise of compensation for having missed one and a half days of work.
On September 22, the order was delivered. However, the driver arrived two hours late causing me to cancel my afternoon plans.

Eleven days and nine follow up emails later I have yet to get a response to my request.

The breakdown in process, lack of communication, wasted time and inconvenience caused by a combination of factors equally shared by CEVA and Houzz is simply unreasonable.

tamaraa14
9/25/18

I searched for an Oriental Shoe Cabinet for my entryway. I got 3 that came up. I selected one and ordered it. Only to learn it was a jewelry box! How is that even close to my search? So I immediately contacted them and you get false promises of checking on getting a prepaid RMA label. They refused. This wasn't something you could easily see the difference. And the box is 2 feet by 18". Just not going to work for shoes. So why do I need to pay for the return? Stand behind your service. It's the cost of doing business. And change your search results. This is ridiculous.

cathyc85
9/25/18

We ordered a bed from Houzz. After waiting over 3 weeks, it was delivered damaged. They promptly ordered another. We waited close to 4 weeks and it came damaged again. The customer service was great and they refunded our money. Too bad because the bed was very nice!

filipuss
9/24/18

Run away from this company. Useless. Bad deliveries and even worse customer service. The last one: cancelled an order before it shipped but have to pay $28 because they shipped it!! On line company with 1960 technology! Much happier with the competitor!!

dennyb16
9/24/18

Purchased a $24 item from the vendor the HomeCentric. Item not as pictured so returned. After 48 days and no reply from vendor I emailed as to the status of return. Vendor refused to exchange stating that the returned item was never received while the USPS tracking did confirm. Vendor then Houzz refused to honor the return with a credit or exchange merchandise. POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!

monicaz14
9/20/18

Please do yourself a favor, do not buy anything from HOUZZ, worst experience ever!!!!. It is a nightmare to return something that in the first place when I received it was totally different than what I saw in the picture. DO NOT FALL OR THIS SCAM!!!

antoinettec2
9/20/18

I have never purchased anything from the Houzz site until recently. I purchased a round barrel mirror. It did ship promptly, and I did receive it, BUT, the mirror was not even attached to the frame at all. It was completely loose and would need to be glued into the frame. In addition the quality of the mirror I received was nothing like the mirror pictured on their site. I sent in a return request, and Houzz doesn't have anything to do with it. They make it between you and the seller. Haven't heard a word from the seller about the return request. Houzz simply says to follow up with the seller. Why is it on their site then if they don't have any accountability?

lolam57
9/15/18

Amazing interaction with their customer service. Professional and responsive. I bought a sectional with them and had to cancel the order due to some wrong measurements on our side. Houzz staff -I spoke with several of them- was super helpful and courteous all through the process.

sued127
9/12/18

No matter how pretty their stuff looks do yourself a favor and do NOT and I repeat do NOT order from them! We took white glove delivery of an upholstered headboard which got soiled by the person who assembled it. There were also bleach like discolorations on the headboard as well. I sent pictures of the headboard and was told a new one would be delivered. Weeks went by and I never heard anything. When I called to check on the status they told me that the order was cancelled. I was never notified of this. They told me it was due to the fact that the headboard was now out of stock. Many follow up phone calls after that, I come to find that Houzz has no idea of when the headboard will be back in stock as their manufacturer has not answered their phone calls or inquiries. Why would they cancel an order and not let me know and why not put the headboard on back order if it is out of stock? Bottom line is that there is no new headboard to be had, so now I am stuck with a soiled discolored item. To top it off, I also ordered from Houzz a kitchen table. They delivered it with only one delivery person. He could not get the table to my kitchen by himself and had to have my husband help him. Why would you send one person to deliver an extremely heavy item? Oh and the table had a chip underneath to boot! We aren't even bothering to get a replacement as I want to be done with this nightmare of a company. I wouldn't so much as order a throw pillow from Houzz!

Good question Maggie. I don't think there is. I think this site is just there to help their vendor and not assist consumers in making informed decisions. I found had a contractor who had defrauded us and changed his business name on Houzz. I posted a review on his profile notifying the public of what he had done to us, and Houzz did not publish the review. I joined Sitejabber to warn the public about Houzz.

By James D.

I began as a Pro on Houzz and spent $2000 on Advertising. This was supposedly for a year of top exposure. No one purchased, the couple of calls I received were people wanting to USE my service for ideas. I have since discontinued complimentary initial appointments. These people are the biggest scammers in the world! I'm still one of the Pros just to see if anything bites but I noticed they go into vendors photos and try to find similar product then they sell their products. Great way to sway your client and to steal customers!

By Natalie V.

The Pros, at least at the beginning, were not in competition with this company (Houzz). They convinced the "Designer" world that the were strictly collecting ideas for the public and to help improve the vendors chances of being hired. Those reviews on the Pros are about the Pros, they come from their clients. About 2-3 years ago, Houzz began selling out from under all the vendors! They are SO low they have gone into the photos of the pros, look for a product they have that might be similar to something they sell and lead them away from the pro. The 1-2 stars you see here are the reviews for "Houzz" and their service but the reviews under a Pro are for that Pro. Don't be fooled... If you want the job done right, call the Pro! Listen to these reviews of Houzz and you won't get burned. Two different animals completely!

By Natalie V.

Steer clear. The advertising doesn't work, and although they originally started up as a company that would work alongside the vendors, they are now selling out from under most of them, especially the interiors decorators! They are SO low they have actually tagged products inside some of the photos of interior designers and tabbed out similar products to stay the customer away from the Pro and to purchase through them directly!!!

By Natalie V.

Do yourself a huge favor and find it somewhere else. Houzz contracts with third party sellers and their freight companies, they're just a middle man. What a nightmare this has been.

By Kathleen B.

Go straight to the top at Houzz. Ms. Adi Tatarko, CEO, Alon Cohen, Pres. If tha doesn't work, I suggest you file complaint with the Consumer Affairs Division of the California Attorney General's Office.

By Curtis C.

I finally found it. The phone number for Houzz customer service is 800-368-4268. I just used it and it works.

By Jim H.

Do not order. Avoid!

By Ram S.

I assume so. Every responder addressed matters related to Houzz

By robin f.

why do you want my phone number?

By Patricia V.
Questions? Get answers from the Houzz staff and other customers.

Houzz?