Review of Houzz Inc.

Tel: +1 800-778-7879
support@houzz.com

judits
5/22/18

I bought the wrong size rug on the weekend (Sunday). tried to change the order after 3 hours (still Sunday) and was not able to. The rug cost $380 they charged me $84 for the return, although I sent multiple emails asking NOT TO SHIP.
Houzz is great if the item you buy works for you, but if it doesn't work they kill you on returns. They charged 22% of the item price on returns.
DONT BUY IF YOU ARE NOT 100% sure it will work!!

tonyg159
5/21/18

These customer service people are clueless and this company operates in a vacuum. Several months ago, it took me 3 months to simply get an honest review of a contractor I hired from there website. All of the reviews must be vetted to ensure it falls within their guidelines for a review. Apparently, my review was a little too real and bluntly honest for their taste. I was sent an email that stated that my review did not meet their guidelines WITHOUT explanation. Several emails and 2 weeks later I get a response with a copy cut and paste of a section from their review policy book; which stated that reviews must be direct to the contractor, not personal, use profane language or give the impression of attacking them personally. My review did not do any of that. I spoke to his behavior of how he interacted with me and to the quality of the craftsmanship. I also mentioned how he had an F rating with the BBB and had been subject to other negative reviews along with mentioning he was doing business as a DBA followed by listing the parent company. Another month later, my review is still denied but no one is telling for what reason. Come to finally find out that I could not list other businesses in my review, even it is a DBA being reviewed. Removed all of that and then 3 months later, the review is posted. Two months after that, the contractor responded to my review and posting a document with my home address on it. HOUZZ didnt seem to have a problem with that despite it being in violation of the review process. I discovered several months later, contacted them and they simply removed the entire review. I contacted them again asking my review was removed. Several emails later, I'm back in this endless cycle of emails and never once a phone call despite having left my number several times and spoke directly to CUSTOMER SERVICE. The very customer service that doesnt moderate reviews. The customer service you reach by phone has no names, phone numbers or contacts to discuss what the issue is with the review for the denial of posting it. What company is in the market of pushing products and contractor services but doesnt allow for a smooth process for that customer to review the service they received. I should be able to speak in my review as to the behavior of the contractor and not just the product. The first time, I finally got the review posted and now it seems that review is in violation. Its because of this they subjective moderator review of the reviews is the reason they dont provide any information about this top secret review reviewers. HOUZZ it seems gets paid by contractors to be listed in their search engine and to ensure that business, they make it simply impossible for an in-depth honest real life review by the consumer when that review is negative. Just like politics, it pay for play system. I will never use HOUZZ again for any service because of this.

solivettep
5/19/18

PLEASE, PLEASE, DON'T BUY ANYTHING WITH HOUZZ. THEY ARE STEALING YOUR MONEY AND THEY DON'T ANSWER YOUR CALL. I bought a bedroom set and unfortunately, I feel disappointed with the purchase. After they charged to my bank account $800.00, I never received my bedroom set that I ordered. I have been waiting for my bedroom set more than 47 days and they never delivered it. At this point, I want my money back but they dont answers the call even when you left over 100 messages. Houzz is a fake company and Houzz was created to stealing money to the customer. I need my money back to my account.

trelaa
5/17/18

I have been shopping online now for several years, and my experience with Houzz has caused me to seriously consider not buying anything online that costs more than $25.00 I predict in-person shopping (brick and mortar stores) is about to make a comeback. Where do I start?

I purchased a sleeper sofa from Houzz -- the seller is Adarn.
When the sofa arrived, I did not sign for it because I realized it was too large for my new place (Recently, I relocated to a different state and downsized).
Over the course of a month, I had to practically beg this company to return my money (over $600).
I spoke with about four associates, some of whom were helpful and others whom I felt simply gave me the run-around.
The seller used by Houzz (Adarn) was difficult to reach and demanded a "reason" for the return as if I do not have the right to choose what I purchase or return.
For two weeks, the seller went off the radar, saying he/she did not receive the return.
The sleeper sofa sat at a shipping company for days before the seller would retrieve it, which further delayed my refund.
To top it all off, Houzz charged me $150 to ship the sleeper sofa to me and $300 for the return, cutting my refund in half.

Big business reigns again, right? Houzz should be ashamed, and as far as I'm concerned, the company still owes me $150. I'll take it anytime, too, preferably now.

I would not advise anyone to do business with THIS company. KEEP YOUR HARD-EARNED MONEY.

I returned a dinette set to Overstock during this same period and received the appropriate refund within seven days. What's Houzz's problem?

billyr57
5/16/18

Wants $1,000.00 to cancel my account, crooked company. They renewed my account againsy=ts my will and now they will not cancel it unless I pay them $1,000.00 for some kind of early cancellation fee. Very rude dishonest customer service people, the worst

vadimt5
5/16/18

Houzz doesn't want to remove a fake review in my profile despite numerous attempts to clear it. Most likely it was generated by this company because I don't want to advertise with them.

pv12
5/16/18

Try to cancel an order before it was shipped.Talked to customer service and they said that will call the distributor and let us know. Never heard from them and the item was shipped. Called again customer service and requested a return. Customer service said that i'll get my money back and he will request a returning pre -paid label. Guess what? After we hung up I received an email with instruction how to send the item back at my cost -no pre-paid return label like they told me. So, they tell us one thing but reality is different. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM. STAY AWAY.

davidd626
5/15/18

We purchased a Zuo Belfast Ceiling Lamp from Houzz and Homesquare that was advertised and published as "will hang perfectly". When we tried to install the lamp, we learned that the company used deceptive and false advertising and misrepresented the fact that this ceiling lamp will only "hang perfectly" from a conventional, flat ceiling. Our ceiling is sloped and this fixture will not fit.

That very day, we contacted Houzz, explained the problem to Customer Service, and were told they would investigate and get back to us. Spoke and emailed with Katie, Sarah, Monica and finally with Alex. All four listened, seemed to agree and offered to follow up and get back to us. It ended there with no return follow up except for one email saying that the item could no longer be returned because the 30 day return policy had been exceeded.

The 30 day return policy, according to their published documentation, applies to damages only and doesn't address misrepresentation, false advertising or lying about a product's in home application.

We are greatly disappointed and angry with Houzz and Homesquare for their unethical customer treatment and for their unwillingness to step up, admit their mistake and do the right thing and allow us to return the lamp for a full refund.

We want to return this item and get a full refund of our purchase price

Tip for consumers: Do not buy anything from Houzz or Homesquare, they do not stand behind what they sell and will not work with you to resolve any problems you may have with what they sell.

deborahp123
5/6/18

There items are shipped horrible and show up broken, Company is hard to get a hold of to either replace or get my money back. I will never use Houzz again.

amirb31
5/3/18

if you don't like to get half filled merchendize box ,and nobody take the resposibility
stay away from the company!

avrahams
5/2/18

bought furniture it started falling aport after a few months. Contacted Cs they never responded. Terrible support!

elisah11

Houzz

You just scored additional savings!

Use coupon code: 146FA8885824

Don't wait, this offer ends on 05/01/2018.

48"x24" Solid Twill Swivel Rocker Cushion, Navy

Houzz Inc. 285 Hamilton Avenue, 4th Floor, Palo Alto, CA 94301
© 2018 Houzz Inc. | Privacy Policy | Unsubscribe

zacho5
4/25/18

UPDATE: I definitely still wouldn't recommend potentially putting yourself through all this, but a higher up rep got involved, was understanding, and did what she could within her constraints. I was refunded for the damaged desk. The bed that I purchased in the wrong size, I ended up just keeping because it made more sense to me than paying $260 to return. They claim that, by the time I called, the order had already been dropped off at FedEx, and I just don't believe that's true, but it doesn't matter at this point. Again, I found that competitors like Wayfair have a better returns process, and similar (if not identical) items.

~~ Original Post Below ~~

I've ordered various items through Houzz before, and never had a reason to call customer service. Just last week, however, we purchased a bed and a home office desk, and despite how much I like the site layout and articles, I will never purchase anything from Houzz again.

The short version: I mistakenly ordered the wrong size bed, notified them 24 hours later, and was told I could only make changes within 30 minutes of submitting the order, and that it would now cost me over 1/3 the price of the item to ship it back. The desk arrived damaged, and after a week of countless emails, I still haven't been told what they are going to do. The rep's response time also continues to get worse and worse (it's been three emails from me over 2 days and I've heard nothing).

The longer version: The day after purchasing, I noticed I had made a mistake and ordered a queen, rather than a king bed. This is obviously 100% my fault. The bed had not been dropped off at FedEx yet though (the desk was), so I called and tried to cancel, which is when I was immediately told I have a laughable 30 minute window to change an order. After that, Houzz makes no promises, but the rep said he'd try to get in touch with the seller. I called again that same day, and a different rep said there were no notes regarding my first call (despite him explicitly saying that he had done so... he brought it up, not me). The bed still didn't show at this point that it had shipped, so I was hoping it could still be resolved. Instead, at the end of the phone call, I got a return label for $260... that's about 1/3 the price of the bed (or at least it was 1/3 the price that I paid... I notice it's forty-some dollars cheaper now, yet doesn't say anything about being on sale or marked down, so this may be the new price a week later). Despite the second rep saying she was going to do all she could to stop delivery, she was unable, and said that it had already shipped... that may be true at that point, but it wasn't the case when I originally called. So then, she said she would try rerouting the bed so that it would cost less to return, and that was the last I heard from her before it was on my doorstep a two days later. I have yet to hear from the rep again regarding my options with this.

The second item (the office desk) also arrived at the same time, and it was immediately evident that this thing took a hard fall on its side, as the box was completely torn and smashed on its edge. The tear was taped with about 3 pounds of tape, though, so you would think that means the seller took a look at it, saw everything was ok, then did this ridiculous tape job and sent it on its way... except they didn't look at it. Every piece along that smashed edge was damaged, with the most damage, of course, being done to the top of the table. The return process - even for items delivered damaged - should get these people thrown in jail, at least for one night. They want me to unpack everything, take pictures... and I actually have no idea what else, because I've done that, but have yet to hear back from anyone after two days and three emails.

For what it's worth, I've also checked competitor policies to see if at least I would have needed to deal with something similar anywhere, and Wayfair offers free returns for 30 days (as long as you're ok with getting store credit).

Tip for consumers: My "tip" for others who might use this site is to not use this site.

kellyb254
4/25/18

I am NOT a Houzz customer.
I have NEVER given any indication I wanted to do business with this Company.
I made the BIG MISTAKE of clicking briefly on their website.

Without bothering to get my permission, they took my personal information, literally stole it,

Now, my inbox is FLOODED with their damn junk mails... several a DAY.

And, God help you if you think clicking "unsubscribe" will stop this.
And, when you go to their Web site to try to find an actual human being in "customer service" .

This has to be the most INVASIVE and ANNOYING on line site.
I strongly suggest that you do business with their competitors!

jerif
4/23/18

Trying to get a refund and they are giving me the runaround. They appear to be a broker and it is nearly impossible to find any contact information.

kimberlyp62
4/23/18

Had a total run around with this company. Ordering several items for several remodel items. Was supposed to get a discount for doing a survey - took 3 phone calls and still no resolution. Also I had an e-mail with one price by the time I went to place order it had increased $51.00!!! Called to ask about that and even though I had an e-mail showing the lesser price they said it could not be honored. Service was rude and un helpful, aside form being impossible to understand! They are liars and bait and switch, not worth the hassle or the time.

joef172
4/23/18

We ordered an area rug for our dining room from Houzz (approx. $700) and it was scheduled for delivery on 11 April. One of us was home the entire day waiting for the delivery, but the rug was not delivered. After we called Houzz customer service, they said they would arrange for another date for delivery and they would contact us with the information regarding the delivery. That was the last we heard from them. We had to call Houzz customer service 6 times and of course they were full of apologies, but I didnt want an apology, I wanted the rug. Each time we called them they assured us that someone would call us to verify the delivery date/time. Not once, did anyone from Houzz ever call us with any delivery information, so it was up to us to do the detective work to track down our rug. The most pathetic call was to a Houzz rep who told us the rug was scheduled for delivery on 11 April. That wouldnt have been so pathetic, but it was 16 April when he said this. I provided 3 email addresses and 4 phone numbers, but they didnt use any of them to provide information regarding our delivery. Finally, today, I was told the rug would be delivered between 2-4PM and that the delivery driver would call 30 minutes prior to arriving. I was assured they had my cell phone number, and they did, but nobody called prior to arriving at my house. About 1:15 a truck pulls up in front of the house with the rug, at which time the delivery guy asked me to give him a hand carrying it in. Once we got the rug to the front porch, I unwrapped the dirty outer plastic wrapping and asked if he could take that with him, and he replied, No, and had me to sign the delivery paper and was on his way. Ive dealt with terrible companies over the years, but Houzz is absolutely the worst ever. Well never do business with them again.
Joe Fagan
Newbury, Ohio

mk201
4/23/18

I remodel my master bath. I ordered light switch covers, a copper claw foot bathtub, a 72 inch marble top vanity and an oversized standing bathtub faucet. Every.Single. Item had issues. This wasnt cheap stuff, we spent about 10,000 in total. Our first tub had a leak! The second one didnt have the correct wax overlay on the copper. The vanity had broken hardware. The faucet was missing parts. And the light switch covers were broken. And these were all separate shipments from separate companies. Even worse was that it took 10-15 calls to Houzz to get them to arrange to return my tub. Each rep said the same thing, however never followed through to processing the return correctly.

anitas60
4/22/18
• Updated review

Houzz took care of the matter, kept emailing me with updates and options and after we decided which option works for us, they followed it up to the end. we are very pleased with Houzz's costumer service and care.

“We havent received our order yet”
• Previous review

We ordered Butler Heritage Collection Foyer from Appliances Connection through Houzz website on Dec 29, 2017. It was supposed to be delivered by Jan 23 - Mar 2, and then it was changed to January 22 - February 4. The new estimated delivery date is 3/7/2018 so havent received it yet. They did not even email or call me regarding the change. The money was taken out of my account on 1/27/2018. This is not professional, it is not acceptable.

On the other hand i ordered Michael Amini sofa set from Houzz but different seller and everything was perfect and on time, so it is not Houzz, but it is that particular seller.

dianal82
4/22/18

Kraemer's Kitchen Factory just completed the renovations of our full and half bathrooms. Having had a Dad who did the same kind of work, I must admit I am hard to please. I have never been so pleased w/ a job done in my home. The bathrooms are done to perfection & with out causing a large mess in our home. They put in full days work w/ only taking a break for lunch ~ another big plus in my book. I am looking forward to using them again in the near future. :D

sandras258
4/20/18

Houzz post one image of sales item on site but ships an item that is vastly unlike posted item. Houzz deceives customers into buying what they are not selling.

mw142
4/19/18

spend over 10k advertising on houZZ. WHAT A JOKE? They treat their PROS with the same disrepect as you see in all the reviews below

ms543
4/18/18

I was looking to purchase a kitchen cart. I found the Houzz website and the stuff looked good. I ordered the cart on April 8th. I was informed it would be delivered by April 18th. Seems kind of long to me, but I like the way the cart looked. I heard nothing, not a peep. I checked my order on April 17th and found that the order could not be tracked because it was still "processing?" I called them. That's when the run around started. I discovered that they work as a clearing house for vendors, something not made clear on the website (it is in the fine print). I asked that they find out the delivery date. No one got back to me for more than 24 hours. I called again, and decided to cancel, as I really needed the cart for our kitchen and didn't wish to wait longer. I was told they would ask the vendor if I could cancel?? This is not Amazon. Clearly! I wrote the vendor myself this evening (Home Styles Furniture in Lexington, Kentucky). I am appalled by the mess I am dealing with. The cart was under $300. Why can't I cancel my order as I would anywhere else? Why wasn't there a great big notice at the time I ordered that I had 30 minutes to cancel? Why if the vendor has let me down time wise, why am I expected to pay for poor service? I am involving my bank, obviously, and the local consumer affairs office. This is wrong!!! Their website is not adequately advising buyers of how cancellations will be treated. I am horrified and will carry my message of caution as far as I can.

royn28
4/17/18

Houzz used Old Dominion Freight to deliver my chair. I was told it would arrive on a Friday. It never did, nor did anyone call me to let me know. I contacted Houzz, who found out the chair had not arrived at the truckers as scheduled. Later, the freight company called and promised Monday delivery. It is 5:00 pm Monday as I wrote this, and no delivery yet. I will not do business with Houzz ever again.

jillh94
4/17/18

Ordered tables #1596-5660-5018-4557. 5 hours after placing the order, I realized the ship to was incorrect. I immediately called Houzz, and was reassured that it would not be a problem to change the ship to. I called back to confirm, again reassured no problem. Got tracking info and noticed it was enroute to wrong location, called Houzz and they said they would check into it. Long story short and 4 emails later, Houzz said I needed to PAY for the shipping. Each time I talked to an agent, there was no history of my previous conversations. Poor customer service, never will order from Houzz again!!

Good question Maggie. I don't think there is. I think this site is just there to help their vendor and not assist consumers in making informed decisions. I found had a contractor who had defrauded us and changed his business name on Houzz. I posted a review on his profile notifying the public of what he had done to us, and Houzz did not publish the review. I joined Sitejabber to warn the public about Houzz.

By James D.

I began as a Pro on Houzz and spent $2000 on Advertising. This was supposedly for a year of top exposure. No one purchased, the couple of calls I received were people wanting to USE my service for ideas. I have since discontinued complimentary initial appointments. These people are the biggest scammers in the world! I'm still one of the Pros just to see if anything bites but I noticed they go into vendors photos and try to find similar product then they sell their products. Great way to sway your client and to steal customers!

By Natalie V.

Do yourself a huge favor and find it somewhere else. Houzz contracts with third party sellers and their freight companies, they're just a middle man. What a nightmare this has been.

By Kathleen B.

Go straight to the top at Houzz. Ms. Adi Tatarko, CEO, Alon Cohen, Pres. If tha doesn't work, I suggest you file complaint with the Consumer Affairs Division of the California Attorney General's Office.

By Curtis C.

The Pros, at least at the beginning, were not in competition with this company (Houzz). They convinced the "Designer" world that the were strictly collecting ideas for the public and to help improve the vendors chances of being hired. Those reviews on the Pros are about the Pros, they come from their clients. About 2-3 years ago, Houzz began selling out from under all the vendors! They are SO low they have gone into the photos of the pros, look for a product they have that might be similar to something they sell and lead them away from the pro. The 1-2 stars you see here are the reviews for "Houzz" and their service but the reviews under a Pro are for that Pro. Don't be fooled... If you want the job done right, call the Pro! Listen to these reviews of Houzz and you won't get burned. Two different animals completely!

By Natalie V.

Steer clear. The advertising doesn't work, and although they originally started up as a company that would work alongside the vendors, they are now selling out from under most of them, especially the interiors decorators! They are SO low they have actually tagged products inside some of the photos of interior designers and tabbed out similar products to stay the customer away from the Pro and to purchase through them directly!!!

By Natalie V.

I finally found it. The phone number for Houzz customer service is 800-368-4268. I just used it and it works.

By Jim H.

Do not order. Avoid!

By Ram S.

I assume so. Every responder addressed matters related to Houzz

By robin f.

why do you want my phone number?

By Patricia V.
Questions? Get answers from the Houzz Inc. staff and other customers.

33 Photos for Houzz Inc.