Review of Houzz

Tel: +1 800-778-7879
support@houzz.com

gregr341
4/16/19

Six months and zero leads. The sales rep lied and told us we would be getting leads every month. Their contract limits you on any recourse to get out of the contract. This is a complete scam.

Response from Houzz T., Houzz Representative
Hi Greg,

We are sorry to hear about this! We were not able to locate your profile with only your first name and last initial. Are you able to reply with your business name so that we can reach out to help?

dickw41
4/3/19

I informed the Account Manager of my complete dissatisfaction with the ZERO return in 6 months on the advertisement - which has cost £3,000....for nothing. It is a complete & utter waste of money.

We made numerous requests to suspend the advertising until such time as we were happy with the proposed campaign which we never signed off on. They should have stopped the campaign on my request, reviewed the position & agreed on a path forward.
Instead nothing was done & was informed that the whole of the contract would have to be paid out. Completely unacceptable.

Whilst we may have signed a contract we did not agree or sign-off on the campaign itself, which has produced nothing of substance in the way of leads. The whole process has been overpromised, ill-conceived & poorly managed. They have no real interest achieving a return for your business or appreciation of the cost to your business.

They are now aggressively chasing me for the other 6 months, which are allegedly due on the terms of the contract. My preference would be to put the whole experience & the money we have spent to date behind us. However, should they still wish to pursue us, then I too will look to recover all the money paid to date & will do whatever we can to make our dissatisfaction with Houzz as public as we can.

Houzz advertizing may work for some (though I doubt it), but it certainly did nothing for us.....except empty our bank balance.

If the reach out team are reading this.....Leave us alone Houzz!!!

petraa5
4/2/19

We are a small company that advertised with Houzz. We had a year contract, and when that contract ended they continued to charge my credit card every month. Getting hold of the account representative was nearly impossible, but after countless times of trying we did get hold of them and we were told that they would stop charging our card. The next month another charge appeared. I called, was told that it was going to be canceled, and another charge would appear the next month. This went on for four months. I finally had to open a dispute with the credit card company, which was declined by Houzz. They said I had re-signed another contract. I never re-signed a contract, and during the entire time I was contacting my account representative telling them to cancel. They finally stopped charging my account, but not before they took $1000 that I can't get back.

Response from Houzz T., Houzz Representative
Hi Petra,

We are sorry to hear that! We were not able to locate your profile with your first name and last initial only. Are you able to reply with your business name, so that we can reach out to help?

susans958
4/1/19

Houzz is the problem not the product - spec'd this table for homeowner -after their approval I went online to order (4 days later) and price had gone up 100. - I called customer service to inquire about price change and was told "our prices fluctuate" - they can not honor lower price. As a design professional working fluctuating pricing doesn't work, it's like trying to hit a moving target. Very disappointing HOUZZ

andib7
3/27/19

They shipped the wrong area rug & were supposed to have it picked up and refund my card. 1 month later the rug is still on my porch, I called my credit card company to dispute the charge & have called Houzz 15 times.

Response from Houzz T., Houzz Representative
Hi Andi,
We are sorry to hear this! Do you have an order number or support ticket number you are able to share so that we can reach out to help?

jonathang235
3/26/19

Terrible Dishonest Company! Both the quality of the products they sell AND their customer service is lacking drastically! They do not honor their published return policy. Very unfriendly and difficult to deal with.

We purchased a shower head from Houzz thinking the products they would provide would be of a higher quality. When we received the product, we took it out of the box, looked at it and noticed that the quality was lacking and placed it back in the box, nothing more. We did not install it, did not connect any water supplies to it, absolutely nothing. Just out of the box and back in. So we checked the return policy which stated the item could be returned if unused. We paid $40 for return shipping, and once they received it, they stated that the shower head had been "installed" providing a photo which showed no wear or use whatsoever. I went back and forth with them for over a week until I simply decided to dispute the charge with my credit card company. I don't plan on ever doing business with Houzz again, and highly recommend against anyone purchasing anything from them.

henrys168
3/21/19

Some people who have reviewed houzz.com as a scam. I'm not going to agree or disagree with them. But what I can say is that after 10 months of paying $620 a month for leads we have had zilch result. If you are a builder or renovator, stay away from this mob. They will claim that other businesses receive 10-15 calls a week from potential clients. That is nonsense. In 10 months we received 13 lead. We have not been able to contact any of them. They either don't respond to our calls, the phone number they provide is not connected or have no intention of building in the foreseeable future. So is houzz.com a scam ? I'll let other business who were scammed be the judge of that,

Response from Houzz T., Houzz Representative
Hi Henry,
We are sorry to hear this and for the frustrations it has caused! I was not able to locate your profile with only your first name and last initial. Are you able to reply with your business name, so that we can reach out to help?

judyg174
3/20/19

Be careful before you order products on line. I ordered 2 patio umbrellas and when I tried to return one (in an unopened box) they wouldn't let me because it was 3 days past the 30 day return window. I get that retailers can't take back used, opened products months after purchase, but an umbrella in an unopened box 3 days late right before patio season? Very unreasonable.

Response from Houzz T., Houzz Representative
Hi Judy,
Sorry to hear that! Do you have an order # or support ticket # you can share so we can get reach out?
johnc2056
3/20/19

Was "TALKED" into being one of there feature PRO+'s. My company has been in business since 1990 and this is BY FAR the worst investment any business could do. We honestly got 1, YES ONLY 1 lead in 1 year. This came with the first say 2/3 weeks. I think it was someone from the inside just so we didn't feel like we got screwed. We hadn't been billed these last 3 months and I thought GREAT it's finally over? NOPE they called looking for there payment? You explain to * from collections that I have not received ANY services from this company and get "oh well, don't pay and we'll just send this to the credit bureau." There isn't even a place to discuss not getting ANY support or services. They just take you money and don't provide any services. Maybe pay by credit card then say I didn't get the service and let CC people deal with them.

IF anyone is looking at joining the Houzz on-line scam, DO NOT under any circumstances do it. Better to donate the funds to the homeless or some kids organization.

If you don't believe me, I think I'm #721 giving the review, and #600 giving 1 star.

*Personal information redacted by admin

Response from Houzz T., Houzz Representative
Hi John,

We are sorry for the frustrations! I was not able to locate your profile with only your first name and last initial. Are you able to reply with your business name, so that we can reach out to help?

bonniep94
3/19/19

When I entered into a contract with Houzz I thought that I would be getting a professional service that would help generate leads. I never had the opportunity to deal with the same sales person as they seemed to change every month. The only time I was contacted to inform me that I missed the cut off for renewal and owed them more money. The sales agent became very aggressive and not nice to deal with. I certainly would not enter into a contract with them. The reviews that I have just read seem to be very accurate. Please be careful when making a decision to sign the contract.

davidm1916
3/15/19

We are a medium sized company that builds custom homes the Houston Texas Market. We have found this company to be the very worst we have tried to work with. Bad leads that never seem real! 1000.00 a month and we have gone thru 6 reps so far in 2019 alone. And they double bill us! Don't call us back and are generally the worst site I have seen on the "Internet"! And are introducing numerous viruses into my network. AVOID THIS COMPANY!!!!

Response from Houzz T., Houzz Representative
Hi David,

We are sorry to hear this! I was not able to locate your profile with only your first name and last initial. Are you able to reply with your business name, so that we can reach out to help?

chrish910
3/14/19

I set up a yearly campaign ad through houzz at the cost of 500 a month. Read the fine print on there contract !! I was five days late on canceling this yearly program and they said I had to go another 3 months before I could cancel it. So I spent another 1500 on bad leads that went know where and where. Okay the three months was over and I thought I was finally done with this ... Oh no, they kept withdrawing money out of my account until I had to go to the bank and pay 35 dollars on a stop order draw. These people disappear and there is no customer service available when there is a billing question. Do not waste your money or time !! The leads and the people you will be calling have no realistic idea of what The costs are involved in construction and u will just be wasting your time and gas ..

Response from Houzz T., Houzz Representative
Hi Chris,

lochlanm
3/10/19

I have tried to contact houzz about referrals. They want bribes first. Don't give them any money. Customer service is terrible. Have not had one lead from them.

Response from Houzz T., Houzz Representative
Hi Lochlan,

joyceh166
3/4/19

Houzz is the WORST! I have spent two weeks trying to receive a dining table with a pedestal. First the entire order was delayed. The base arrived separately, then two days later the top of the table. Since the legs didn't arrive, it was un-usable. I have tried to get a credit, a pick up and a return shipping label to no avail. I have ordered entire households on line from other vendors without any difficulty..... NEVER order anything through Houzz.

Response from Houzz T., Houzz Representative
Hi Joyce,

msr42
3/3/19

Don't buy anything from houzz, they engage in discriminatory behavior and are unprofessional, stay away

anneb243
3/1/19

Do not give them your money! Their sales pitch is misleading and deceptive. They have horrible business practices and provide ZERO value to professionals. Once you realize this and badger them to cancel, you learn to would have to pay a 4 month cancellation fee. RUN.

kw180
2/27/19
• Updated review

On February 1, I had a long telephone conversation with Lauren at Houzz trying to get our "Pro+" account canceled. She sent me an email stating that she will "put in a request to cancel your Pro+Marketing Program" and "you will no longer be billed by Houzz". Well on February 20th Houzz charged our credit card $150.00. I immediately emailed Lauren. She replied "the request to cancel your subscription on 2/1 was approved." She had to follow up with the billing team to request a refund. This morning I received an email requesting that I sign the "Early Termination Pro+ Cancellation Request" to formalize the agreement. But the agreement states that "you agree to pay an early-termination fee equal to the lesser of (i) four (4) months of fees for early-terminated Services" which Lauren on February 1 agreed to waive. Houzz continues to operate when they treat their "Pro+" members so poorly. They continue to operate by hard selling companies to join and then never letting them leave without harsh financial penalties. My recommendation, DO NOT JOIN, BUY, OR PARTICIPATE IN ANY WAY WITH A COMPANY THAT MAKES IT NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE TO LEAVE ONCE YOU FIND OUT IT IS A WASTE OF MONEY. THAT'S WHAT SCAMMING IS ALL ABOUT.

“Houzz deserves a negative rating.”
1/25/19
• Previous review

This company deserves a negative rating. Do not join as a professional. Our office manager was talked into joining this organization. We haven't received one lead and we have been trying to cancel our contract for two years. We are now going to take this to an attorney. They are that bad. Our account representative Shivali is the WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE REP I've had to deal with in years... * If she gives you a call, hang up fast, she will yell and argue, she is rude and disrespectful, and a liar. In my opinion this organization could be a marketing scam.

*Personal information redacted by admin

liza76
2/22/19

Contractors and designers! - Do not advertise with Houzz!! This company is only interested in getting you to sign up with them and then ignore you for the duration. Without any notice they auto-renew your contract. After signing up they are no longer available for calls unless you make an appointment days ahead. When you try to cancel you have to pay for 4 months ahead, BUT your site is canceled immediately ?&$&@$$?? Terrible, terrible company! Wish I would have researched earlier. Stay away!!!

Response from Houzz T., Houzz Representative
Hi Liz,

We are sorry to hear this! I was not able to locate your profile with only you first name and last initial. Are you able to reply with your business name, so that we can reach out to help?

michaelm2058
2/21/19

Every time I try to login it tells me my password or my email address is incorrect even though I have saved it

Response from Houzz T., Houzz Representative
Hi Michael,

We apologize for any confusion you're experiencing with logging in to the app! Try this Password Reset Link: https://www.houzz.com/forgotPassword?language=en_US

If you need further assistance, please send us a message via help.houzz.com, so that we may reach out.

davidb2025
2/19/19

I paid $675 a month only to advertise in 3 select cities and had to have a 2 year contract!!!! All the calls we received were only within the first couple of weeks of signing up and then the last couple of weeks after canceling my contract (oh and they require you to pay for 4 addition months to get out of the contract early). Not only that, but none of the inquiries I received were relavent to our business.

Response from Houzz T., Houzz Representative
Hi David,

michaelb1723
2/18/19

the most unprofessional company who use deceit with how much buisness you get and make you sign a year for leads. dont do it . absolutely no support, 12 leads received in 7 months 4 out of 7 never wanted painting or drywall. stay far away from these rip off artist.
no return calls , they suck from their owner to there legal staff and most importantlytheir products . they are LIARS

Response from Houzz T., Houzz Representative
Hi Michael,

johng1413
2/11/19

I ordered Thomas the train kids sofa from house. The order was confirmed, and 4 days later it was canceled by seller?? The facts are I found it for $56.99 free shipping. Canceled 4 days later and back on web site for $99.99. With plenty in stock. Houzz refused to honor their confirmation and want to to reorder at higher price. So they can cancel and raise price.

Tip for consumers: Stay away from houzz. They will do this to you at some time.

Response from Houzz T., Houzz Representative
Hi John,

adamq3
2/5/19

Dear fellow designers- Don't be fooled into advertising with Houzz. This is a disreputable company. They auto-renew your contract with no notice. And if you haven't explicitly told them that you don't wish to renew 20 days prior to the end of your contract, they won't let you cancel for at least 4 months. Everything they do is designed to deceive and trick. And you can never reach anyone by phone. I think we should start a class action lawsuit against them. This shouldn't be allowed to continue.

jasonb657
1/28/19

Houzz sent my package to a previous address and blamed this on me, while orders made before the wrong address order were sent to my current/right address.

Because I wasn't able to get through to customer support since every time I called I was hung on, I called the sales team. The sales team told me that it was their error, while customer support refused to take blame.

Long story short, do not deal with Houzz customer service. It's a reason they're ranked and considered to be so bad. I don't understand how any company could have such horrible support and still be in business. Did a quick google search after my experience and found I'm not alone in the way I was treated by Houzz.

sandrag400
1/26/19

Bought 2 agate grey oil 20" stools from Hausmann through Houzz. one was good the other damaged. sent the one back and had to pay $50.00 shipping. the second stool sent was decayed and gutted out. Houzz stated that Hausmann said if I send this stool back would get the same rotted stool. bad business ..Houzz should not allow Hausmann to sell such garbage. I will stick with Amazon...

Good question Maggie. I don't think there is. I think this site is just there to help their vendor and not assist consumers in making informed decisions. I found had a contractor who had defrauded us and changed his business name on Houzz. I posted a review on his profile notifying the public of what he had done to us, and Houzz did not publish the review. I joined Sitejabber to warn the public about Houzz.

By James D.

I began as a Pro on Houzz and spent $2000 on Advertising. This was supposedly for a year of top exposure. No one purchased, the couple of calls I received were people wanting to USE my service for ideas. I have since discontinued complimentary initial appointments. These people are the biggest scammers in the world! I'm still one of the Pros just to see if anything bites but I noticed they go into vendors photos and try to find similar product then they sell their products. Great way to sway your client and to steal customers!

By Natalie V.

Go straight to the top at Houzz. Ms. Adi Tatarko, CEO, Alon Cohen, Pres. If tha doesn't work, I suggest you file complaint with the Consumer Affairs Division of the California Attorney General's Office.

By Curtis C.

The Pros, at least at the beginning, were not in competition with this company (Houzz). They convinced the "Designer" world that the were strictly collecting ideas for the public and to help improve the vendors chances of being hired. Those reviews on the Pros are about the Pros, they come from their clients. About 2-3 years ago, Houzz began selling out from under all the vendors! They are SO low they have gone into the photos of the pros, look for a product they have that might be similar to something they sell and lead them away from the pro. The 1-2 stars you see here are the reviews for "Houzz" and their service but the reviews under a Pro are for that Pro. Don't be fooled... If you want the job done right, call the Pro! Listen to these reviews of Houzz and you won't get burned. Two different animals completely!

By Natalie V.

Steer clear. The advertising doesn't work, and although they originally started up as a company that would work alongside the vendors, they are now selling out from under most of them, especially the interiors decorators! They are SO low they have actually tagged products inside some of the photos of interior designers and tabbed out similar products to stay the customer away from the Pro and to purchase through them directly!!!

By Natalie V.

Do yourself a huge favor and find it somewhere else. Houzz contracts with third party sellers and their freight companies, they're just a middle man. What a nightmare this has been.

By Kathleen B.

I finally found it. The phone number for Houzz customer service is 800-368-4268. I just used it and it works.

By Jim H.

NO, apparently not. We are a Professional, with Houzz.com for over 7 years. They've completely changed now that they basically sell furniture. There is NO customer service. They renewed our contract without telling us, then said we would have to pay a 4 month penalty to cancel the contract we did not sign! We've had a bad review written on ANOTHER contractor, not our company, not our project, and we can't get a phone call or an email response to try and get it taken off. I will have to cancel my credit card with Houzz in order to cancel them and never do business with them again. We received 3 leads, average, per month. We pay $375 a month. Houzz.com is a SCAM. Beware.

By E L.

Do not order. Avoid!

By Ram S.

I assume so. Every responder addressed matters related to Houzz

By robin f.
Questions? Get answers from the Houzz staff and other customers.

Houzz?