Review of Houzz

Tel: +1 800-778-7879
support@houzz.com

jackit2
8/17/18

Be aware that you will be charged for any returns. The items are not inexpensive, and if they don't work once you receive them, you have to pay to return them. Not worth buying from this company.

jordant49
8/17/18

I've never had such a difficult time returning something. They do not honor their return policy. I ordered a gray upholstered bed and it's not gray it's blue. Another reviewer had also said its blue. They have drug their feet for more than two weeks now, originally not responding at all and then making excuses saying the vendor says it's gray, with email responses days apart. I will not shop here again.

nevera21
8/16/18

Bought appliance. Got call saying it was out of stock and if I wanted a different brand. I said no and canceled. Suddenly what I had originally ordered was being d
delivered. Too much confusion. No delivery but somehow I was responsible for a $500 return fee. Bad business.

dianev57
8/15/18

I purchased several items for a kitchen remodel in March anticipating starting the kitchen immediately. Well, the contractor ran into significant delays and started the remodel in June/July. When they finally opened the items I purchased from Houzz, the range hood was damaged (dented, yet box was in good shape, so it was PACKED and SENT damaged), and the faucet leaked. Of course I was outside of their one month to return an item. I went through months of contesting directly with Houzz and through my credit card company, to no avail. If you even think for a minute you may have any problems with installation causing delays, DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY. Awful to work with. Avoid at all costs.

jennik5
8/14/18

I thought this was a decent site until I had the wrong item sent to me. It was a rug mispackaged. I made them aware of it and it has been back and forth for weeks. It takes them two days to respond to emails and the return time is past 30 days and they said the vendor wont do anything about it. Seriously? Will not be using thwm evwr again.

miram12
8/9/18

Hate this place, will never buy from them again. They have no control over the service or length of time of their deliveries nor products coming damaged or missing. Giving all my business to Wayfair who handles it better and delivers quick!

meryln
8/6/18

This is the worst online order site. I created a login and cannot even change it. It needs phone calls and you cannot find the number when they answer they do nothing. They say they will follow up and never do. Some pricing is good but I'm guessing once I get my first order which was already lost it will not be great. Aweful place. Spend more elsewhere. I was just on hold for 30 min than disconnected. Idiots. Use amazon.

katherineb122
8/3/18

Love Love Love the buoy bells , just what I wanted looks great outside in a tree,sounds wonderful know I will enjoy the sound of this great bell for years to come Thanks

marcusw63
8/3/18

Take your money and don't deliver. Ripoff. Simply awfull. Please don't waste your money. I am a landscape contractor.

johnz152
8/3/18

Lies in the contract for the contractor. They start at $500 for a page but will drop to $150. 4 month cancelation fee they wont tell you about.

danleyc
8/3/18

The Cransten Handy Man the best roof repair off all time I've experienced, thank you for best fast service that you've given to us. They work at the time and they finish on time. The service that they have is very nice and they work with a heart. Handyman is awesome.

julieh344
7/30/18

Its been wonderful working with Airoom on our kitchen addition/renovation thus far. The professional design group worked seamlessly to make the process stress free by communicating with us and each other! They really are a great team that took the time to get to know us and what we wanted to accomplish.
Michael Adam, Project Development Manager, had an incredible vision for our space that completely met the needs of our family. Our Project Manager, Marv Warner, guided us through all the details with his knowledge and expertise. And Pam Morris, Kitchen & Bath Designer, brought the vision to life with her amazing design talent and patience to help us select beautiful finishes that fit our lifestyle.
We have been completely impressed and satisfied with the process and look forward to the construction phase which has just begun.
Julie H.

geralds134
7/30/18

On June 6, 2018 my wife and I ordered a couch from this company. The one we ordered was a leather 3 piece reclining one (a left hand section, a center section, and a right hand section). What we received was 3 right hand sections and no left hand section or center section.
When we contacted the company they were so sorry that this had happened, and that the vendor was to blame. We were asked to send pictures of the wrong pieces, which we did right away. Then nothing, until I called and then was asked to take pictures of the shipping labels on the boxes, they were so faded the pictures revealed nothing.
Every time I asked to speak to a supervisor, they hung up on me.
Finally after talking to numerous employees, we finally received the left hand section, but no center section. It took many more phone calls before we finally received the center section.
They gave us a 10% discount but that was hardly enough to undo all the aggravation.
This is a Fly By Night Company to deal with and I will never do business with them again. Besides the furniture isn't that nice. I strongly urge every one to check all their reviews before ordering anything from this company, sure wish I would have.

Gerald Schubert, New Boston IL

jacobg87
7/29/18

They have nice pictures, but very cheap quality !!!
I ordered two vanities, one came broken. As I didn't like the quality of the vanities, they charged me $392 to take it back !!!

The refund policy is terrible !!!

monicar102
7/27/18

They have bad business practices. I will never order from them again. Unethical and they are out to get consumers.

mw175
7/27/18

EXTREMELY POOR ACCOUNT REP CUSTOMER SERVICE

JUST GOT BLOWN OFF AGAIN BY ACCOUNT REP SUPERVISOR WITH NO EXPLANATION, email or phone call from our account rep's supervisor

STAY AWAY FROM HOUZZ it is a scam to advertise or list your company here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

richardh613
7/22/18

I did somewhat settle my concerns with this vanity with a small rebate that covered the cost of local repair. Communication with McKenzie of Houzz was good.

dinas40
7/17/18

I made my first purchase on houzz. It was a sink for a remodel. Then when it arrived we had some family emergency and didnt have the contractor out till a bit left. When we opened the product it was way more yellow in color. I wanted to return it. Theres no easy way. No simple button for returns. I had to find customer service make a claim by the time I got around to doing this it was a few days past The 30 day return and they refused it. Houzz stands by the seller and the seller refused the sale. For big kitchen and bath items the return policy shouldnt be 30 days thats just rediculous. No one else does this I wasnt expecting it. And they wont help customers at all. Ill never buy from them again. Ive never experienced such a hard time making a return.

dianao48
7/17/18

Don't order with Houzz. TERRIBLE customer service. Houzz customer service reps are incompetent and when you ask to speak to a supervisor, they intentionally put you on hold for like a half hour until you give up.

aprilj38
7/17/18

I ordered two nightstands and a 5 drawer dresser chest and instead received 3 nightstands. I reported the issue and was told that my dresser das shipped but the vendor sent them the wrong tracking numbers and that they would sent me the tracking numbers as soon as they could. It has now been 3 weeks and I have yet to receive my dresser or tracking numbers. I will never order from this company again!!

tomika
7/16/18

Daniely Design was contracted by Armenian Society of Los Angeles to renovate the Grand Hall and the Foyer with a capacity of over 450. The design was breathtaking and the investment of the over $600,000 well worth. The project was concluded ahead of the schedule. I would recommend Daniely Design with no hesitation.

Thomas Alexanian - Member of the Board of Trustees

Tip for consumers: The owner is an artist and a prominent painter. His renderings assured us to see the final product before starting the renovation.

helenu11
7/16/18

I ordered 2 pieces of furniture, they have sent me totally different things. The worst part of this story was that they tried to tell me that I ordered what they sent me. Terrible!

juliet213
7/15/18

Yesterday I stopped at Scherr's Cabinets & Doors for help in finding some particular cabinet screws. Just a small thing, BUT the gentlemen there went above and beyond in their quest to help me. They were very kind in their help, made lots of suggestions to help me and were very professional in theirs dealings with me! I can't say enough good things about them and the guidance they provided to me! Also, their showroom was immaculate with displays of cabinets and doors beyond my imagination! Check them out...you will have no regrets!!!!!!

luisam20
7/15/18

I will never buy anything again in houzz this a nightmare website. I had to return an article I bought and it took them a week to sent me a return' label, finally when they sent, it was not printable. I had to call costumer service and again explain all what happened during the week to that person in order for me to get an printable label. THE WORST

ellenl76
7/11/18

...and "house proud" like myself you must put Jason DaCosta (DaCosta General Contractors) in your contacts. Jason's work is superb and his team of experts are all top notch with great attitudes. My designer challenged him and he came out on top with magnificent work. DaCosta does it all -- additions, kitchens, bathrooms, carpentry -- Jason is from the "old school" with his work ethic and insistence on excellence. To reach Jason, his email is jason.dacosta@dacostaconstruction.com or by mobile 201.304.1486. Thrilled to share.

Good question Maggie. I don't think there is. I think this site is just there to help their vendor and not assist consumers in making informed decisions. I found had a contractor who had defrauded us and changed his business name on Houzz. I posted a review on his profile notifying the public of what he had done to us, and Houzz did not publish the review. I joined Sitejabber to warn the public about Houzz.

By James D.

I began as a Pro on Houzz and spent $2000 on Advertising. This was supposedly for a year of top exposure. No one purchased, the couple of calls I received were people wanting to USE my service for ideas. I have since discontinued complimentary initial appointments. These people are the biggest scammers in the world! I'm still one of the Pros just to see if anything bites but I noticed they go into vendors photos and try to find similar product then they sell their products. Great way to sway your client and to steal customers!

By Natalie V.

The Pros, at least at the beginning, were not in competition with this company (Houzz). They convinced the "Designer" world that the were strictly collecting ideas for the public and to help improve the vendors chances of being hired. Those reviews on the Pros are about the Pros, they come from their clients. About 2-3 years ago, Houzz began selling out from under all the vendors! They are SO low they have gone into the photos of the pros, look for a product they have that might be similar to something they sell and lead them away from the pro. The 1-2 stars you see here are the reviews for "Houzz" and their service but the reviews under a Pro are for that Pro. Don't be fooled... If you want the job done right, call the Pro! Listen to these reviews of Houzz and you won't get burned. Two different animals completely!

By Natalie V.

Steer clear. The advertising doesn't work, and although they originally started up as a company that would work alongside the vendors, they are now selling out from under most of them, especially the interiors decorators! They are SO low they have actually tagged products inside some of the photos of interior designers and tabbed out similar products to stay the customer away from the Pro and to purchase through them directly!!!

By Natalie V.

Do yourself a huge favor and find it somewhere else. Houzz contracts with third party sellers and their freight companies, they're just a middle man. What a nightmare this has been.

By Kathleen B.

Go straight to the top at Houzz. Ms. Adi Tatarko, CEO, Alon Cohen, Pres. If tha doesn't work, I suggest you file complaint with the Consumer Affairs Division of the California Attorney General's Office.

By Curtis C.

I finally found it. The phone number for Houzz customer service is 800-368-4268. I just used it and it works.

By Jim H.

Do not order. Avoid!

By Ram S.

I assume so. Every responder addressed matters related to Houzz

By robin f.

why do you want my phone number?

By Patricia V.
Questions? Get answers from the Houzz staff and other customers.

46 Photos for Houzz