Review of Houzz

Tel: +1 800-778-7879
support@houzz.com

ac505
7/15/19

You had better be 300% sure you are not going to return anything because they are a nightmare to deal with--They don't answer the phone, take days to respond to email, and then get between you and the vendor so things that could get fixed in a phone call or 2 emails take two weeks to resolve.

virginiak52
7/15/19

My order was delayed a week and they shipped me the wrong item. Will NEVER order from Houzz again. Wayfair is MUCH better. Houzz is by far the WORST online home furniture store EVER.

Negative 100 stars.

keithk137
7/14/19

Five minutes and I realized HOUZZ is just a lot of pretty pictures of ugly garish homes that only the rich might? Not worth the time to say it's pure garbage.

maryamy1
7/8/19

This was my first and last time I have shopped from houzz. I have received just a ticket behind the door and the item was left in the street. Since I'm living in the second floor I asked for delivery behind the door. They didn't accept any responsibility. Also for the return don't trust their website because you supposed to pay half a price of your purchase. Never ever shop from hoizz.

Response from Houzz T., Houzz Representative
Hi Maryam,
Sorry to hear this! Do you have an order number or support ticket number you are able to share so that we may reach out to help?
lilys78
7/3/19

when you are searching for a particular product they come up on Google as if they have the product but when you click on their tab it takes you into their website but as you can see they don't actually have your product they just wanted you to go into their website to buy! It's a scamming way to Market their website!

debip18
6/27/19

The rug arrived with2 holes in it. I contacted houzz that day. They sent packing material for a 9 x 12 rug and asked me to "leave it on the porch". They no showed twice and finally picked it up a week later

Response from Houzz T., Houzz Representative
Hi Debi,
Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry to hear about this. Are you able to provide your order number or support ticket number so that we may look into this further?
richardr609
6/27/19

I bought a hood vent with extended warranty from them, after numerous emails concerning the fact that the fan stopped working and the control panel stopped working. they responded teling me that they will replace the control panel on the vent, but when I asked about the fan, they went ghost!! no response, no reply, they were very responsive when they were taking my money.i feel like I was taken advantage of, my stress levels are very high causing me a lot of pain and suffering and still... even after I told them that I would leave a bad review, still never responded to me.... STAY AWAY FROM HOUZZ,COM THEY ARE RIP OF ARTIST AND CON MEN!!!

Response from Houzz T., Houzz Representative
Hi Richard,
We're sorry to hear about this experience! A team member has reached out by phone and email to help.
catherinet18
6/25/19

I ordered 2 adirondack chairs through houzz and 1 arrived very damaged. It has been over 5 days and despite several requests they still have not sent a return label or confirmed that i can dispose of the damaged product. I made very clear to them that having a huge box in my front hallway was a great inconvenience. And i still have not received the replacement chair.

Response from Houzz T., Houzz Representative
Hi Catherine,
We are sorry to hear of the frustrations! A member of our team has been in touch by phone and email to help.
mattt214
6/25/19

It's been over a week since we reached out for a return due, our sofa arrived with dents and we are dis satisfied with the quality. Customer service is horrific we would never order from them again. Opened a second automated ticket hoping to get a response. Likely we will have to dispute payment with our credit card to get a response from houzz

Response from Houzz T., Houzz Representative
Hi Matt,
Sorry to hear this! A member of our team located your order and has reached out to help.
hughw22
6/15/19

Over the summer of 2018 my wife and I worked with Ricks Custom Cabinets and Renovations to plan a complete tear down and replacement of our old kitchen and family room.

The planning was painstaking and the advice/suggestions received from Rick and his staff were top notch.

The job began when promised and was complete when promised. The communication through out the project was superb and the solutions to unexpected glitches were vert satisfactory.

The quality of the work performed was excellent. We are extremely happy with the finished product.

We recommend Ricks without any hesitation.

Oictures to follow once our daughter transfers same.

Hugh Wagner

Response from Houzz T., Houzz Representative
Hi Hugh,
We're happy to hear about this! We hope you will continue to consider Houzz professionals and products for your future home renovation needs.
mikem991
6/11/19

Houzz puts up a good front but after getting in bed with them we quickly realized we've been ripped off.

Response from Houzz T., Houzz Representative
Hi Mike,
piotrg8
6/11/19

We've signed up for the Pro+ account, told we will get many leads, etc, etc.. We averaged 2 leads/month, and for hefty $299.00/month I'll say it's a bit expensive for our small business. Non of the leads led to a job!!! NONE! After twelve months (which we we told the contract is for 12 months) the charges continued!! When I tried to cancel the account I was shocked to find out that there is 4 months cancellation fee!!! Four months!! Who does that! Scammers! There is no one to speak with, no one understand your position, they just keep charging and charging. I said I don't want the account, but they insisted on the cancellation fee (I knew nothing about in the first place). Before you sign they tell you the nicest things, but not the "fine print". I found hundreds of complaints about the same thing, and no one in the company care. I'll continue to write and complain on all of the websites that I can find, and I'm also spreading the word among our business, with success I have to say. And all for $1,200.00 I'm trying to get back for the four months charged to our account in greedy corporate practices. No one cares for the small guys!!! Stay away and never sign up for the pro service, just have free account, you'll get the same results!!

Response from Houzz T., Houzz Representative
Hi Piotr,
We are sorry to hear about the experience. We were unable to locate your profile with only your first name and last initial. Are you able to reply with your business name so that we may research further and reach out to help?
nicholasm162
6/10/19

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY HERE. Their cancelation policy for contractors is your FULL 12 MONTH AGREEMENT (Averaging $3500!)
Don't listen to the hard selling pieces of $#*!. We were promised we can cancel anytime when we signed up and now find out (hidden 20 something pages in their contract in small italicized writing that it's a 12 month cancelation fee). $#*! houzz. $#*!s

Response from Houzz T., Houzz Representative
Hi Nicholas,
We are sorry to hear about this, and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We were unable to locate your profile with only your first name and last initial. Are you able to reply with your business name so that we may reach out to help?
johnc2189
6/9/19
• Updated review

Was thankfully contacted by a customer service specialist (Jackie) who without her I am pretty sure I would still be trying to resolve the issues with the bed. Would like to give her 10 stars not 5... She truly went to bat for us. Even though we still had issues with 2nd arriving bed the problem was resolved promptly. Long story short...we decided to order a different bed still thru Houzz. Truly only because she cared to look into our issues and restore our faith in their ability to get things right! Thanks!

Response from Houzz T., Houzz Representative
Hi John,
We're so happy to hear this! We hope you will continue to consider Houzz for your future home design and renovation needs.
Houzz Outreach Team
“Take a hard pass on ever ordering from Houz!!!”
5/31/19
• Previous review

We ordered a bed that came with damage to the head board and foot board. Many chips and scratches to the finish of both that cannot be fixed and are very unsightly. After providing pictures of the damage to their customer service we still have no resolution now going on 3 days. Have had to email them each day to see what is happening to resolve the damage. Worst customer experience ever. This was our first and last order from Houz! Buyer beware!!! Take a hard pass and order from Wayfair!!!

Response from Houzz T., Houzz Representative
Hi John,
donnao76
6/8/19

ordered a table lamp on March 7th. was a no show sent email on April 17 wondering where order was; was told it was "back ordered" due late April then due again in May. patiently waited lamp now due between 5/14-6/2; In June got notice order was "cancelled" as unavailable! Immediately checked Houzz for similar lamp and what did I find!? But the same lamp "back in stock" but now at a higher price!!!! nice try guys but I don't fall for scams!

Response from Houzz T., Houzz Representative
Hi Donna,
We're sorry to hear about this! A member of our team has located your order and has reached out by phone and email to help.
natep18
6/5/19

They shipped my order to the wrong address. I am in the middle of a remodel and have reached out 3 times, over the course of the last 2 days and continue to get automated responses that they have received my request, but no follow up. I have no idea how I am going to receive my order. Their customer service is some of the worst I have seen.

Response from Houzz T., Houzz Representative
Hi Nate,
Sorry to hear this! Are you able to provide your order number or support ticket number so that our team can look into this further and reach out to help?
ritchiec4
6/3/19

We purchased our "forever home" 15 years ago. The house was built in the 70s and needed updating so we completed a few small jobs which got us to the point we are now. Last fall we hired Chuck and his crew to redo our front porch which had significant water damage from old gutters. My wife wanted rock work which took time and ingenuity on Chuck's end as the spacing/dimensions did not allow for rock. The guys found a way to make it happen! We replaced our front door and gutters and couldn't be happier with the look and workmanship. We continue to have folks from our neighborhood stop and compliment the work. After the successful experience with the porch, we decided to move forward with major updates inside. We are currently living through the remodeling "experience". Chuck and Nathan have offered advice, provided options and been extremely helpful as we make decisions. Also, the guys working inside our home have been punctual, helpful and polite. Aside from a lot of sheet-rock dust and popcorn ceiling debris, we see progress everyday and are extremely pleased with the quality of the work. We are nearing the end of our remodel and can't wait to see the finish work. Needless to say, we highly recommend Chuck Wallis Construction for whatever home improvement job you may need.

Response from Houzz T., Houzz Representative
Hi Ritchie,
We're happy to hear this! We hope you will continue to consider Houzz professionals and products for your future home renovation needs.
amyo65
5/31/19

Received lamp set w/ inch long blue ink mark on shade and a finial that will not thread onto the lamp post. I contacted Houzz for replacement parts but did not receive. I waited over a year. Later, I was offered a refund if I donated the lamps and submitted a copy of the donation receipt which I did but never received a refund or any further communication.
At the end of the day, I got nothing!!!
At this point, all I can do is write them off as a donation on my taxes, at a fraction of what I paid for them.
I will NOT make any future purchases from Houzz or reccomend to family or friends.
UPDATE: Much to my surprise and after writing the above review, Houzz customer service reached out to me and refunded the money for the defective lamp set. Thank You! I probably would buy from them again. My only advice would be to check the merchandise closely upon delivery and if you find a defect, contact them immediately and stay on them to send a replacement or request a refund.

Response from Houzz T., Houzz Representative
Hi Amy,
We're sorry to hear about this! Are you able to provide a support ticket number or order number so that our team can look into this further and reach out to help?
dickoryj
5/29/19

I never write reviews but when things get so big and misleading I think others should know. The glitzy shines of photos of shopping for dreams on houzz is not supported by email or any easy way of making a request, or complaint. Now that I know I will NEVER use houzz for any business. I recently made a request for quotes :I am very unhappy with this. Houzz sent a request for a quote and then showed me who it had gone to after the send.
Firstly it had gone to interior designers ( they don't make cabinets, only charge extortion for an opinion)
Secondly I was not looking for an interior designer opinion
Thirdly, had I been shown theses options I would have ejected . Now time is wasted telling you this, telling them I don't want their input and their time ringing or emailing or quoting me . Time wasted by an automated system that has not been thought through! There is no way of feeding this back to houzz - they simply don't care. Please check yourself the complaints procedure and options for contact before launching in with houzz. Far better to avoid and deal directly with people.

Response from Houzz T., Houzz Representative
Hi there,
We are sorry to hear about the experience, and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We were unable to locate your profile with only your first name and last initial. Are you able to reply with your business name or support ticket number so that we can reach out to help?
raymondn26
5/29/19

We purchased a $1700.00 fountain and after 1 and half years the fountain has an even crack all around the statue. Obviously a workmanship issue. Houzz or their vendor did not stand by their product or do anything to resolve the problem. We will never order through this company again and we strongly suggest that you avoid them at all costs.

Response from Houzz T., Houzz Representative
Hi Raymond,
We're sorry to hear about this experience, and would like to review further. Do you have an order number or support ticket number you are able to share so that we may reach out to help?
lisaf393
5/29/19

We received a queen over queen bunk bed with multiple pieces broken!
That was about a month ago .. we were told I would not come back and pick it up that we would have to dispose of broken pieces ourselves and we still haven't received the replacement items . Not only did we have to bring the entire bed upstairs only to find his is broken we then had to box it back up and bring it back downstairs to the garage which we were told is where they pick it up. not only did we have to bring the entire bed upstairs only to find his is broken we then had to box it back up and bring it back downstairs to the garage which we were told is where they would pick it up ... now we are being told that we have to dispose of the broken items ourselves and they will not come pick it up and they will send reacement items!!

Response from Houzz T., Houzz Representative
Hi Lisa,
We're sorry to hear this! Do you have an order number or support ticket number you are able to share so that we may reach out to help?
caseyj34
5/27/19

I finally have a new bathroom. Took some time to get to me because they are pretty booked but i can say it waa worth the wait. The worker was quick, friendly and professional. He had the job done in 2 days. He made sure we were satisfied with the work before he left. Love, love, love my bathroom now.

Response from Houzz T., Houzz Representative
Hi Casey,
Glad to hear that! We hope you will continue to consider Houzz professionals and products for your future home renovation needs.
larryb402
5/25/19

Jeff was very noligible and did a fantastic job on my deck.Jeff and his crew built my deck in a timely manner and did a quality job! I would highly recommend Jeff

Response from Houzz T., Houzz Representative
Hi Larry,
We are happy to hear this! We hope you will continue to consider Houzz professionals and products for your future home renovation needs.
teda70
5/23/19

Called the main number on the website and spoke with a representative. I told them I needed to cancel our service. They said that it was taken care of and that service would end at the next billing cycle. I was given a case number and documented everything.

Fast forward to a week later, we get billed again. So I call up again to see what the issue is. This time I'm told that I needed to contact our "account manager" to cancel. I was given a name of an account manager that I don't have documentation for because it wasn't given to us. This leads me to believe the company has a high turnover which isn't surprising given the way they conduct business and their lack of communication skills.

So I call our new person and supposedly we needed to call 30 days prior to the contract extending which happen to fall a week after my first call. The "account manager" informs me of this and says he'll see what he can do since we did call before the contract renewed. Guess what? I never heard from him again.

Ultimately they give you the run around when trying to cancel. I do not recommend their "service" which is a stretch, they don't really do anything. Hundreds of dollars each month for no return. How they are an actual business is pretty mind boggling. Thankfully I have a lawyer friend with the state who will be looking into the validity of this company and it's practices.

Response from Houzz T., Houzz Representative
Hi Ted,
We are sorry to hear about this! Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We were unable to locate your profile with only your first name and last initial. Are you able to reply with your business name so that we may reach out to help?
joomik
5/23/19

So Houzz is not reliable to order from. I ordered something and was sent the wrong size. I sent MULTIPLE emails asking to be sent the right thing. NO RESPONSE AT ALL. They are not reliable. I will not order from them in the future

Response from Houzz T., Houzz Representative
Hi Joomi,
Sorry to hear about the frustration! Are you able to provide your support ticket number or order number, so that we can research further and reach out to help?
Houzz Outreach Team

Good question Maggie. I don't think there is. I think this site is just there to help their vendor and not assist consumers in making informed decisions. I found had a contractor who had defrauded us and changed his business name on Houzz. I posted a review on his profile notifying the public of what he had done to us, and Houzz did not publish the review. I joined Sitejabber to warn the public about Houzz.

By James D.

I began as a Pro on Houzz and spent $2000 on Advertising. This was supposedly for a year of top exposure. No one purchased, the couple of calls I received were people wanting to USE my service for ideas. I have since discontinued complimentary initial appointments. These people are the biggest scammers in the world! I'm still one of the Pros just to see if anything bites but I noticed they go into vendors photos and try to find similar product then they sell their products. Great way to sway your client and to steal customers!

By Natalie V.

Go straight to the top at Houzz. Ms. Adi Tatarko, CEO, Alon Cohen, Pres. If tha doesn't work, I suggest you file complaint with the Consumer Affairs Division of the California Attorney General's Office.

By Curtis C.

The Pros, at least at the beginning, were not in competition with this company (Houzz). They convinced the "Designer" world that the were strictly collecting ideas for the public and to help improve the vendors chances of being hired. Those reviews on the Pros are about the Pros, they come from their clients. About 2-3 years ago, Houzz began selling out from under all the vendors! They are SO low they have gone into the photos of the pros, look for a product they have that might be similar to something they sell and lead them away from the pro. The 1-2 stars you see here are the reviews for "Houzz" and their service but the reviews under a Pro are for that Pro. Don't be fooled... If you want the job done right, call the Pro! Listen to these reviews of Houzz and you won't get burned. Two different animals completely!

By Natalie V.

Steer clear. The advertising doesn't work, and although they originally started up as a company that would work alongside the vendors, they are now selling out from under most of them, especially the interiors decorators! They are SO low they have actually tagged products inside some of the photos of interior designers and tabbed out similar products to stay the customer away from the Pro and to purchase through them directly!!!

By Natalie V.

Do yourself a huge favor and find it somewhere else. Houzz contracts with third party sellers and their freight companies, they're just a middle man. What a nightmare this has been.

By Kathleen B.

I finally found it. The phone number for Houzz customer service is 800-368-4268. I just used it and it works.

By Jim H.

NO, apparently not. We are a Professional, with Houzz.com for over 7 years. They've completely changed now that they basically sell furniture. There is NO customer service. They renewed our contract without telling us, then said we would have to pay a 4 month penalty to cancel the contract we did not sign! We've had a bad review written on ANOTHER contractor, not our company, not our project, and we can't get a phone call or an email response to try and get it taken off. I will have to cancel my credit card with Houzz in order to cancel them and never do business with them again. We received 3 leads, average, per month. We pay $375 a month. Houzz.com is a SCAM. Beware.

By E L.

Do not order. Avoid!

By Ram S.

I assume so. Every responder addressed matters related to Houzz

By robin f.
Questions? Get answers from the Houzz staff and other customers.

Houzz?